[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada Goose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 41ywDfTVfdL.jpg (23KB, 385x500px) Image search: [Google]
41ywDfTVfdL.jpg
23KB, 385x500px
Okay, so looking at these jackets and I'm curious as to why they mostly are duck down, from what I've seen only the snow mantra is actually goose down, they also seem like low fill power since they are around 650.
What's the reasoning behind this?

Secondly, if I was to buy a canada goose jacket, would I just be sweating constantly in England, since it really doesn't get that cold here?
Not going to lie, I really want the snow mantra.
>>
>>919641
I thought England is moderately rainy, why down at all for suck conditions?

>not London Fog
t. I bought a perfect condition Aqua Scutum trench coat at a yardsale for $10 USD, google that
>>
File: 2ec.png (497KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
497KB, 600x580px
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>919641
Enjoy your overpriced 650fp meme jacket.
>>
>>919641
>I was to buy a canada goose jacket, would I just be sweating constantly in England, since it really doesn't get that cold here?

It'll be way too hot until it rains and the down gets wet, then you'll die of hypothermia.

I have a Cabelas down parka and even just at a walking effort it's too hot to wear if it's above -15C.
>>
hijacking this thread to ask about the LL Bean Baxter State Parka - good for Chicago/New England winters?
>>
There is not a single place in the British Isles that calls for a jacket like that.
>>
>>919652
A FUCKING HARDENED ARTERY!
Lay off the burgers, american fatty patty
>>
>>919641
>would I just be sweating constantly in England

Yes. I overheat in -35 in my light snowboarding jacket. Those CG jackets are wayyyy too hot for walking around the city. I don't know how people wear them when it's 0 degrees C out.
>>
>>919641
I own a snow mantra because I worked in northern canada where it can get below -50C sometimes not including wind factor. So, yes, if you're not planing a polar expedition this parka would be way too warm for you in england.

They used to have a model with similar look but half as warm and half the price but I don't see it on their website anymore.
>>
I'm looking for a waterproof jacket. Preferably lined, but i dont mind much. I will be using it mostly for walks and maybe a bit of skiing and cycling so breathability is a must and so is decent enough waterproofing. Please dont flame me for asking for a breathable, waterproof jacket, im just pretty useless at jackets. Budget is 300. Bonus points for looking good.

Thanks in advance guys! :)
>>
>>919641
Trust me do not get a snow mantra. Down jackets are enough for english weather, i had a parka and its pretty much overkill for here. Get the citadel or one of the lower rated ones if you must, but canada goose is incredibly overpriced for 650 fill duck down, you're paying for the patch
>>
File: 2225221_petite.png (262KB, 370x700px) Image search: [Google]
2225221_petite.png
262KB, 370x700px
>>919641
I have a Snow Mantra, like >>920173 I work up north, unless it's at least -25 out that parka is way too warm it's also heavy as fuck

Check out Quartz Nature, I have the Adrian and it's more suited to normal winter use
>>
>>921719
>normal winter use

What is the definition of normal winter use? Waddling from your SUV to your stick built house you fucking ham planet american?
>>
File: 1445017632363.gif (1MB, 325x203px) Image search: [Google]
1445017632363.gif
1MB, 325x203px
>>921962
>mfw not even 'merican

stay mad senpai
>>
>>920173
we had the old canadian military parkas and snowpants. You could basically plop down into a snowbank and take a nap at -30C with those things. So heavy though.

I think OP would be good with a fleece jacket combined with a light waterproof raincoat. Basically the columbia ski jacket combo. Probably the best for damp weather
>>
>>919641
Lower fill power downs contain more feathers, and thus don't compress as much as the higher fill powers that contain more down. High fill powers are great if you need something light and compressible and warm. For use in a parka, which is massive without filling, there is no need for compressibility. Additionally, the feather bits help retain loft both against the weight of the parka material, and if the insulation gets damp, where the down will simply collapse.

So it's a matter of choosing the right material for the job.
>>
>>921047
better to get a waterproof shell layer and then layer a fleece or down jacket underneath - anything that gives you the warmth you'd want for walks is probably going to be too hot and bulky for cycling
>>
>>919652
>>919898
>>>/int/
>>>/pol/
>>>/b/
>>>/r/eddit
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.