[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just guessing this is the right place. Anyway... I am interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2070.jpg (486KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2070.jpg
486KB, 1600x900px
Just guessing this is the right place. Anyway...

I am interested in installing an electric motor on my bicycle because I am a fatass who permanently injured his foot, and I want to go places and shit, like fishing. Anyone here have experience with ebikes who can tell me if they are powerful enough to climb a steep hill with no pedalling? I'd also like to buy cheap chinese shit if there aren't too many downsides. Thanks.
>>
>>889864
>>>/diy/catalog

Probably more help there.
>>
>>889864
/diy/ or /t/ are better suited for that question
>>
voltage = horsepower
Wh or Ah = gas tank

go 36v. 48v if you can afford it. anything less is going to be shit for you.

you want twist or thumb throttle and NO pedal assist bullshit as your foots fucked.

also, buy an ATV or similar, retard.
>>
File: IMG_8599.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8599.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>889864
Why not get down on a 50cc scooter if you don't want to pedal but aren't ready to go full motorcycle?

Otherwise those gas motors would be much better than strapping a ton of batteries onto the bicycle. Just make sure you check with local laws because if cops are dicks near you then you can get fucked because they might be able to classify it as a motorcycle and require you to do everything a 1000cc motorcycle would have to do to be street legal.
>>
>>889864
You could buy a dirt bike if noise isn't a issue
>>
>>889864
price has gone down, I would suggest a 1kw hub motor front and rear. one would be enough, but it would be shitty if those chinese electrics failed.

Also, that picture is HILARIOUS
>>
File: giphy (5).gif (4MB, 374x288px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (5).gif
4MB, 374x288px
Go to Ebay, buy a motorized bicycle kit, comes with everything you need to stick a motor to a cheap mountian bike, uses fuckin barely any fuel and less than $200 if you get a second hand bike.

I got an 80cc one the other day
>>
>>889864
I've seen a few people use weed whacker motors on their bicycles. Seems to work really well.
>>
File: WIN_20161025_172149.jpg (585KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161025_172149.jpg
585KB, 2560x1920px
>>889864
>downsides
Battery.,, gowith ElecticRider batts in Texas.,
,, pegleg/pedal/prosthetic?,,up,up,up steep?,or,up,down,up steep?,,, offroad=norestrictionson power.,, disabled get a pass,, mostly.,, whatever you,, can add, is gravey!
,,,so, YES!, getout!
>>
>>889864
Electric bikes hardly do shit when they're a fully assembled package.

Putting on an aftermarket motor ain't gonna do much. If anything, look into the 2-stroke engine kits, those have a bit more torque.

Don't buy a shit bike, you'll regret it, just in general. They break really fast if they aren't already mostly broken by the time you buy them. I made some spare cash building bikes for walmart during xmas, and it was terrible. The person who figures out how to turn that shit into a class action lawsuit will make bank.

If you're a fatass, especially don't buy a shit bike. You're putting extra stress on the system and it'll fuck up even sooner. Not trying to be a dick, just don't want you to get hurt or waste money. I weight 210 and can easily destroy a shitbike in a week- on roads.

Best of luck. Sorry to not offer many solutions.
>>
>>890246
You're right, I should get a 2-stroke kit. It's technically illegal where I live, but the cops will probably ignore it if I don't act like a moron with it.
>>
>>889948
>/t/ – Torrents
I think you meant >>>/n/ – Transportation
>>
>>889864

>>>/diy/
>>>/n/
Maybe, but not likely
>>>/trv/
>>
>>890241
Hey Baconrider, migrated over here for the winter?
>>
File: 1478669015136.jpg (135KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478669015136.jpg
135KB, 640x480px
>>889864
>I am a fatass who permanently injured his foot
good job
>>
Electric bikes will not get you anywhere off trail. An ATV or dirt bike would work, seeing as that is what they are made for but electric bikes are really just cruise control for cyclists. It won't pull you up a hill but it will maintain your speed on a flat road
>>
>>889864
i see people riding up hills in san francisco using the electric pedal assist bikes no problem. Watched a messenger guy riding a bike with a tiny wacker motor haul ass by me today. I think it depends on how fast you want to travel..
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.