[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post /out/ feels I cant think of any at the moment though

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 81

File: feelout.jpg (36KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
feelout.jpg
36KB, 511x511px
Post /out/ feels

I cant think of any at the moment though
>>
File: IMG_20160907_150927.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160907_150927.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>874487
>>
>tfw you're the only one on the trail, for the whole trail

feels surprisingly good
>>
>tfw you tell yourself you go /out/ for the solitude
>tfw even innacity you spend the vast majority of your time alone in your apartment

>tfw just want a qt to go camping and sleep with outside
>>
>try to go /out/ to some wooded areas in local county
>always filled with day hikers
>only other terrain is desert and cities for hundreds of miles
>>
>tfw live in Israel
>>
File: 1472076500673.jpg (32KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
1472076500673.jpg
32KB, 640x423px
>TFW sand in socks
>>
>>874492
what uh sandals are those, they look suprsingly comfy
>>
File: IMG_20160530_101859.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160530_101859.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
> tfw most post itt are pur wine
>>
>>874589
Merrell's. Everyday for two years, but recently developed an annoying "squeek" indoors (linolium work).

Not noticable else.

Still fav.
>>
>>874592
>Merrell's
whats the model
>>
File: 1466194290430.png (455KB, 451x471px) Image search: [Google]
1466194290430.png
455KB, 451x471px
>>874581

>Tfw Palestinian hiker
>Go for 10km hike next to border wall
>IDF Soldiers gives you shit for not having Khule gear
>Have one green Molle water bottle bag. IDF strip search and fist my anus for suspicious military equipment on civilian.
>Limp along the next 5km with out hitch
>Hear loud "CLICK" as I step down
>Leg gets blown off by mine land on other side off wall
>Makarva tank drives over me
>>
>>874601
epic memes my friend
>>
>>874487
I'll bite

When I was 15, after a childhood of being exposed to shit that ruined my trust of people, my girlfriend at the time, cheated on me with 12 guys varying in race and age, and she tried to coax me into suicide. Later that week, I went into the national forest by my house and decided I'd pack some stuff and go out, to die. I told my dad I was going for a day hike, and would be back in the evening. Then I left, halfway through though a pack of coyotes on the side I was going towards started following me and pushed me back. I ran and got lost, and for 18 hours, dragged myself on a gravel road until I got to a church. I borrowed the phone, drank lots of water, and called my father. An hour later he was there, and held me in a hug I knew was genuine, he told me how proud he was that I made it back.
That summer I got really involved in the outdoors, as I already loved it as a kid. Then I found you beautiful fuckers. I remeber coming out of interest and gojng to a mjsic thread where I found Tervahäät and my longtime favorite, Of Monsters and Men. I was introduced to a new form of the outdoors, and contributed $70 of my money to the 2015 /out/ secret santa. Bought a pulp fiction poster, gloves, a pipe, and some supposedly really good coffee. It felt amazing, got an MRE and a Zipoo too. Since then 4chan was my mentor in life. I loved you all, from /f/, /s/, /out/, /g/, and my beloved /k/.
Since the time I tried to kill myself I've become an avid outdoorsmen, did a summer volunteer job for the national forest service, did some firewatch, and have 23 solo overnight hikes under my belt, mountaineering, cleaning up trash left by others, helping keeping trails jn good conditon, teaching folks all the helpful stuff I know, and becoming the best I can be.

Tl:dr; Baww post about me trying to die and going to a chinese cartoon website when I was 14 saved me. I turned 18 last august, am going to UW next fall, and am going to try out for MARSOC.
Thank you.
>>
TFW you buy $500 of knives trying to find the perfect one for the AT only to have your dad give you his old $50 izula and realize its all you ever wanted. Fuck meso hard
>>
>>874635
And everyone on the entire Internet told me that was all I needed but I wanted to be able to meme. Kill me pls
>>
File: YFg9fIF.gif (2MB, 327x219px) Image search: [Google]
YFg9fIF.gif
2MB, 327x219px
>>874616
>my girlfriend at the time, cheated on me with 12 guys varying in race and age, and she tried to coax me into suicide
Goddam. You picked a winner.
>>
>Tfw parents never took me skiing.
>All my friends are good at skiing, I only know how to ride a snowmobile.
>Never invited to peoples cabins during the winter:/
>>
>tfw you really want to go /out/
>tfw you are scared to go alone and no one wants to come with you
>tfw you dont even know where you could go for a beginner friendly start

I think I will just continue to admire all of you who actually go out
>>
>>874638
Joke's on her, the latest boyfriend of hers is so controlling that she has to ask permission to use her phone.
>>
>>874638

Fuck dude did you date Jennifer Laurence?
>>
>>874487

>tfw you and your old man been planning a camping trip to Alaska for a year. He flakes on you last second by dying.

Rip in peace dad. Thanks for taking me /out/ fueling my desires to explore the world.
>>
>that initial feeling of loneliness when you step out in the woods and realize there are no human sounds
>>
>>874616
How did your ex attempt to coax you into suicide? She sounds like an evil cunt.
>>
>>874665
>have trust issues
>bottle everything up inside
>date for 8 months
>gradually open up to her
>shtf
>she uses my already weakened self and my private lige against me
>guess the rest

She was a deceptive delusional asshole desu. Used me as an ego booster
>>
>>874652
Is that her? looks a lot like my current gf
>>
>>874616
>Since the time I tried to kill myself I've become an avid outdoorsmen, did a summer volunteer job for the national forest service, did some firewatch, and have 23 solo overnight hikes under my belt, mountaineering, cleaning up trash left by others, helping keeping trails jn good conditon, teaching folks all the helpful stuff I know,

fuck yea dude. it sounds like you dug yourself out of a hole and ended up on the mountain. this story made my morning.

>becoming the best I can be.
the reason for living.
>>
>>874575
I feel these feels, anon.
>>
>>874581
Just go hike in Syria with your shitslamic state friends. You're helping/benefiting them anyway so I'm sure they will welcome you, anti West fuck.
>>
>>874652
that should have been you. maybe then she wouldn't have been a coal burner.
>>
>>874492
>hunter camo
>>
>>874616
>12 guys
How does that even happen? Unless she went on a gangbang rampage during some day there is not way that she could cheat on you with that many dudes without you realizing after a couple of them. I don't buy that shit.

>>874652
If that's her then your story may be true. Despite her nice eyes she's clearly a nigger lover, turbo slut.
>>
>>874730
>t. achmed
>>
>>874556
Feels good to me too, until the sun goes down, then it's a little creepy
>>
File: IMG_2012.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2012.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>Tfw hiking hipster and you were here when they first opened
>>
>>874616
you colossal [spoiler]nice guy[spoiler]
>>
>family moved to an island when I was 3
>always shunned by my peers due to not being from there originally
>find friends in my Scout troop
>fall in love with the outdoors
>move to the capital of my country
>city life slowly poisons my mind
>go less and less out
>crack under pressure from my family to study and work
>quit my studies
>sell my shit
>now working more than full time to save up for backpacking around the world

98 days to go before I leave. I can't wait.
>>
>>874740

GO MAN! GO!

YOU CAN DO IT!
>>
File: 20161009_150915.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161009_150915.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>tfw Ive been operating aince I was 10 (Pic related)
>United States Marine Corps Winter Survival school, SERE, 2 deployments to Afghanistan and so on
>Have an arsenal to rival a national guard armory, and food stocks that would make the red cross envious

Feels good man
>>
>>874740
Fuck, I have always wanted to walk around the world, but best of luck to you anon!
>>
>>874782
>SERE
How was it like?
>>
>>874805
All the innawoods stuff was pretty fucking awesome. It was like boy scouts on steroids x100 with grenade launchers. The part where they teach you how to resist enemy torture and interrogation sucked ass though.
>>
>>874806
>The part where they teach you how to resist enemy torture and interrogation sucked ass though
Dude what.

How the fuck does training for that go down?
>>
>>874806
I love going innawoods, but I never understood how anyone could find military training awesome.

Sitting in a hole in the ground at 3 in the morning in freezing cold after a 20 mile hike and no sleep for 2 days sucked maximum ass, despite being inna forest.
>>
>>874806
>resist enemy torture and interrogation sucked ass though
Develop, based anon.
>>
>>874775
>>874786
Thanks brahs.

I'll be leaving with close to 10 grand in my bank account. The biggest struggle is finding buyers for all my shit and limiting myself in what I pack.

It feels like I made this decision years ago, but only recently did something about it.
>>
>>874732
>its hunting season
>>
Can this be a cheating thread now?

Have cheated on gf with 10 different women.

Man is not meant to bone one girl.
>>
>>874740
Godspeed senpai
>>
>>874808
Exposure to chemical agents like CS gas, punching you in the stomach, waterboarding (this was before such a term existed. They would basically shove a water bottle down your throat and spray you with a garden hose), blindfolding you and screaming in your ears for hours, making you dance with your arms up for hours to the tune of metallica & guns and roses; if you lowered your arms you got a lash with a leather belt... Yeah all that shit sucked.

>>874810
Doing it with a bunch of friends INFINITELY helps. When you're trading MRE goodies and telling fart jokes you forget about the biter cold. Embrace the suck. The first day they literally dropped us off in the rocky mountains with nothing but a bayonet and a pack of matches, between about 40 men, said "see you in a week" and drove off. Oh and at night they would occasionally launch attack with blank weapons that we had to escape and evade from. Fun shit.
>>
>>874836
Scumbag
>>
>>874836
>have gf
>dont want gf but wants random girls

Why would you even have a gf? Sounds retarded
>>
>>874852
Moron
>>874853
Nah I am generally happy in my relationship, but I have a need to have sex with many woman. One just isn't enough!
>>
>>874655
>solemn kek
>>
>>874851
Jesus. That sounds awful.
>>
>>874734
>t. carl the cuck
>>
>>874864
Such is life in Force Recon

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6y-RSdUgbVk
https://youtube.com/watch?v=dyDLwKtBXcs
https://youtube.com/watch?v=BYEhQ68JPe0
>>
>>874855
nigger >>>/out/
>>
>>874851
I was never popular in the military, mostly because I was there for self betterment, and the rest was nationalistic hicks who wanted to learn how to kill middle eastern people. We were all volunteers.

So having 20 men around you who got along fine, but despised you for having some different mindset and political opinion, just enhanced the suck.
>>
>>874887
>he didn't want to kill sand niggers
no wonder everyone hated you, faggot.
>>
>>874898
I don't want to kill anyone, m8.
>>
>>874887
>"nationalistic hicks"

Yes, we're called Americans. We didn't grow up in the suburbs and weren't raised by entitled soccer moms. Let's not turn this into a /pol/ thread.
>>
>>874909
I'm not American. You're the ones who keep assuming things that's turning this /pol/-tier.
>>
>>874725
I do not like muslims or jews.
Nice baseless assumptions retard.
>>
>>874655
>not having your dad cremated and taking his ashes along with you on the trip

Jokes aside, sorry for your loss m8
>>
>>874909
that doesn't mean you should be jingoistic, and good job for making a thread turn /pol/ish
>>
>>874959

I actually took his ashes on a later trip. Took them to the first spot he and I ever camped at together and spread them there.

Thanks though.
>>
>>874733
I had to move a town away to help out on a friends ranch and for family work. We dated for 9 months and i was supposed to only be over there for 3. I dound out because an old classmate of mine finally beoke and told me.
>>
>>874738
>>874701
>>
>>874887
Self hating cucks are always despised. Are you that traitor who deserted Bergman from idaho
>>
When you a are a camp counselor leading 8 year old through the woods and all 4 girls won't shut the fuck up. They were gossiping, holding the group back, and complaining about how much they hate this and would rather be with their wealthy family in London watching the new harry potter play. I made the trail twice as long. The boys were pleased.
>>
>>874946
>I do not like muslims or jews.
You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>874644
>tfw same feel
skiing looks fun desu baka
>>
File: 1474187976251.gif (879KB, 500x400px)
1474187976251.gif
879KB, 500x400px
>>874740

I have a similar story
>never fit in at school since I started as a wee child
>father was active duty military, so moved all the time
>no solid relationships with anyone
>finally move out after graduating high school
>ffw some years
>21
>dating 8/10 qt3.14
>living in a house with all my mates
>working really hard and doing good in school
>pursuing career in forestry so I can be /out/ always
>no debt
>life is good and steady for once
>fall of that year is the time where my life began caving in itself
>qt gf leaves me
>was planning on making her my wife
>landlord forces me to get rid of my two dogs of 9 years
>thankfully they got adopted together by someone
>but that heartbreaking look on their faces as they were taken away in a strangers car... Truly unforgettable
>start failing school
>friends all start going their own ways with women and such so I have no one else to lean on or hang with
>get robbed in a false insurance scam
>now too poor to eat
>work really hard though so I can at least pay rent

cont
>>
>>875065
k lol
>>
>>874487
I go out to avoid feels. There's only like 5 things that run through my mind while out.
Am I cold? Am I sweating? Do I have water? Do I have food? Will I stay dry?
>>
File: IMG_1778.jpg (486KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1778.jpg
486KB, 1600x1200px
>>875198
Cont

>forgot to mention beforehand that our landlord kicked us out of our house for no apparent reason
>so forced to live in ghetto part of town
>for the first time in my life, I genuinely consider ending it all
>but my brother and family would be dissapointed, so I stay alive
>eventually work my way out of rut
>keep working a lot of hours and accumulate money because it keeps me occupied and I didn't want to be poor again
>life becomes stagnant and nothing really changes for better or for worse
>eventually accumulate a lot of money over time
>bought myself my first car
>move out of ghetto
>only one more semester of class
>nothing is holding me back after that

So where does /out/ come into play through all this...

>still accumulating money
>plan to eventually traveling the US and live out of my car for a year
>fly fishing all the rivers I come across
>backpacking when I can
>work odd jobs and seasonal work until I find a reason to settle down again

Being /out/ is the only thing that has never dissapointed me or anything. It's always there and has been extremely therapeutic for me.
And eventually I'd like to come back to this board and share my experience and hold a q and a like old /out/ists used to do.
>>
>>875213
good story man, hope everything works out
>>
>I have no idea how to ride a bike
>>
>>874659
It is a good loneliness, though.
>>
>>874836
>>>/b/
>>
File: lbboml.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
lbboml.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>874487

Relaxing in the woods with my boyfriend watching the sun go down, and then come up.
Good feel man.
Good feel.
>>
>>875234
It's okay brother! I don't know how to either.
>>
>>875254
I didn't know gay people went /out/?
>>
>hiking remote trail alone
>usually never see anyone on this trail
>sitting on cliff at overlook enjoying the view
>suddenly a lone qt appears
>she's very friendly. stops to have a chat
>conversation going pretty well
>did I just find my /out/ waifu?
>never had such an effortless conversation with a qt before. even made her laugh. begin to fall in love with her
10 mins of conversation later
>hear rustling in the woods behind me
>"oh there you are!"
>alpha-chad appears
>"anon this is my boyfriend! can you take a picture of us?"
>the word boyfriend echos in my head as I begin to contemplate jumping off the cliff.
>mumble yes, take their picture
>"thanks anon, nice meeting you, buddy". chad calls me buddy in a sarcastic tone. they leave
>watch as she disappears down trail leaning on chad's shoulder. my dreams walking away.
>last thing I heard was her cute laugh
Everytime I visit that overlook I remember her and feel sad.
>>
File: i-7dKD4F2-L.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
i-7dKD4F2-L.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
>>875234
Go
>right wrist, twisting throttle
Clutch
>wiggles left fingers
Front-slower-downer
>wiggles right fingers
Rear-slower-downer
>wiggles right toes
One down, 5 up
>wiggles left toes

easy
>>
>>874855
I would kick the shit out of you with your teeth if I knew your girl and she deserved better. Just wait, someone will figure you out bitch
>>
>>875246
yeah more like solitude
>>
>>874946
Hehe, you rect em good.
>>
>first cast of a new reel and rod
>only person on the beach
>first pull of a ice cold beer when you have been in the sun all day with a sun buff covering your face
>coming home to your GF with dinner that you provided.
>talking to old fishing coots who tell you about fishing in Vietnam off a PT boat.
>>
>>875270

>posting in the middle of a seizure

>this is the result
>>
>>874575
Oh yes. The car passenger seat always looks extra empty on the way home.
>>
>>875345
Considering that I'm not jewish/muslim and dont support either side and wish I lived in the USA instead, what I said was justified.
>>
>>875414
Thats why i wrote you rect them good.
>>
>>875435
I assumed you were being sarcastic like most people here, sorry dude.
>>
scared to go hiking because im overweight

people look at me in the woods
>>
>>875835
Unless you get over your self consciousness, you'll always be fat, tubby. The only way to get less fat is to say "fuck it" and do something about it.
>>
File: 1436047605505.jpg (175KB, 1014x1044px)
1436047605505.jpg
175KB, 1014x1044px
>Tfw here never gets really cold or rains for weeks straight so I can wear boots and comfy clothes during the entire winter.
>>
>>875881
sweater weather is overrated but yeah, i getcha. where you at neygroe?
>>
File: 1431319953317.jpg (118KB, 764x938px) Image search: [Google]
1431319953317.jpg
118KB, 764x938px
>>875887
Southern Europe.
>tfw 5ºC is considered very cold here
>tfw the record low that I experienced in my city was like -2ºC
>tfw the last years didn't even get bellow 0
>tfw 9ºC is the average temperature during January
>>
>>874487

Sometimes I feel mountains are so beautiful I dont want to come back home.

I sometimes want to cry once I remember all the nice natives I have met once I have forgotten them with my daily city routine

I hate Babylon
>>
>>875893
but that mediterranean climate tho!

are you Portugal-anon?
>>
File: kingsnake.jpg (206KB, 1180x787px) Image search: [Google]
kingsnake.jpg
206KB, 1180x787px
Once when I was six my dad took me to an entry level mud-hole of a lake to go fishing on the shore. I don't remember us catching anything, because it wasn't the highlight of the trip.

Left on a boulder while my Dad left back to the truck to get more poles and tackle, I sat and looked around, pretty unimpressed with the view. Dried shrubs, a muddy shore, thorns and thistles stuck to my socks. Though suddenly I heard a rustle of grass underneath the boulder I was sitting on. My eyes widened to slightly horrifying but magnificent sight of a snake that clearly beat me in length. Black and White stripes slowly glided along the the pebbled ground as drove my eyes up along it's length to it's head. Just a mean look, with a curved brow, and yellow reptilian eyes. Being only six, snakes were only refereed to me as being green or brown; but black and white?

I screamed and panicked, telling my Dad to hurry down to me and he too jumped at the sight of the creature, mentioning it's length was close to six feet. The snake however, payed no attention to my Dad, and probably didn't even noticed me, nor did it need too. He was the Kingsnake of this lake, the one spectacle that made me appreciate the mud-hole lake a little more.

California Kingsnakes are badasses.
>>
>>875908
Yes I am amigo. I love it, but would be nice to see some snow too. ;_;
>>
File: my spot.jpg (1MB, 933x2800px) Image search: [Google]
my spot.jpg
1MB, 933x2800px
>>875917
Yeah I know it man. I spend half my life in Australia and half in New England USA. In NE we get 4 extreme seasons and it's great, but honestly it's pretty sweet to retreat to Aus for a couple years at a time too. Between the two it's really the best of both worlds. Pic is my camping spot here in New England throughout the seasons. It's neat.
>>
File: dana.png (216KB, 579x350px) Image search: [Google]
dana.png
216KB, 579x350px
Uncle Steve quit Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1jpK0r1PV0
>>
>>875262
not that anon
but ofc gay people go out
>>
>>875914
Non-venomous snakes always looks so friendly. That lizard is latched down hard on snek, but snek is just like "c'mon, buddy, I'm just tryin to eatcha here, no need to get all worked up".
>>
>>875924
Noice
>>
>>875924
That is a pretty comfy spot, nice pics
>>
Tfw your whole group is taken aback by the beautiful clear cloudless night but all you can think about is thathe it's gonna get cold as fuck
>>
>that feeling of frustration when you're in a boring stretch of the trail and just want to get to the next fun place
>that feeling of missing out when the trail is so hard to navigate that you have to watch every step and a gorgeous bear could be watching you but you wouldn't know because you have to watch god damn rocks and roots

two feels from today
>>
File: IMG_1762.jpg (23KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1762.jpg
23KB, 480x320px
>>874487
Alright. Have some feels.

I was a scout. I'm 23 now, 24 this month, and I got my eagle at 18. During my time in Scouts I made some fantastic memories. Most of the other Scouts in my troop were similar to me though we were all different ages. It was a smaller troop, only around 14 guys, and I don't think I'd want it to be any other way. I remember spending hours talking about vidya and LotR and Star Wars and Halo on our camping/canoeing/backpacking expiditions and It was always a good time.

My most memorable backpacking trip was one where we hit up a part of the Appilachian Trail known as Bartram Trail. It was a 20 mile trip and it sticks with me to this day. Well, a few months back one of my old fellow Scouts died of a heroine overdose. We weren't very close, but it just makes me sad. Just like all my scouting friends, we were all friends through scouting and didn't really interact much outside of it. When I remember him, I remember talking about Halo 2 and him making jokes about how all the forunners actually did was make boxes move to random points and conveyer belts that led to nowhere. It made me realize how much I missed the comradery that we all used to have. The conversations, the campfires, the stories, and the memories. That week-long trip we spent canoeing down the river and camping on the banks. The freezing fucking water in the springs for swimming merit badge. The old ass movies like Sargent York our Scoutmaster made us watch on movie night. The strong winds that made it difficult to set up camp between two mountain peaks. Gathering around an apple pie a fellow scout kept on top of his pack dusing a long hike. The rainy nights and waking up at 5:00 am to huddle by the campfire in the dark. Lashing together logs to make towers and climbing them. Those fucking amazing games of capture the flag. It was a good time to be a scout. And I miss my fellow scout and friend.

Pic related, from the bartram trip.
>>
File: seasons.png (10KB, 383x467px) Image search: [Google]
seasons.png
10KB, 383x467px
>>876497
>>
>tfw extremely intelligent when I was young
>tfw fizzled out as I became older
>wasted all my time on the internet
>like so many others on this shithole website
>become completely apathetic
>grades dip, pursue worthless university degree
>go into depression
>going for walks at night time is the only coping mechanism I have
>walk for hours around town, through parks, etc
>think about how far I fell from grace
>get my own 'spot', a large grassy hill in a park thats about 500 meters from the nearest house
>on the hill I like to look up at the stars or at all the houses below
>all those people
>each with their own story
>skip to NYE 2014
>got invited to party but don't want to go
>go for a walk instead
>listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCJc_V8_MQ on repeat as I walk
>get to the hill
>midnight hits
>can faintly hear "happy new year!" in the distance
>tfw alone
>The neighborhoods below me all begin to light up with fireworks
>the most hauntingly beautiful thing I have ever experienced
>realize the world is indifferent to me

cont
>>
File: Summer.jpg (963KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Summer.jpg
963KB, 2048x2048px
>>877345
>something in me changes
>begin getting fit
>study harder at school
>finally getting happy with myself
>begin new program in school
>grades improve
>social life improves
>throughout it all, I'm still going for walks at night
>meet girl in program
>curly brown hair, big cheeks
>shy, cute smile
>she's into the same things as me
>she's easy to talk to
>I don't spill spaghetti around her
>tfw she becomes my gf
>tfw finally connect with someone else
>one night go for walk
>this time it's with her
>go to my spot on the hill which I've talked up to her a great deal
>so nervous she's going to be disappointed
>we get to the top, she looks down
>"I love it anon"
>play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S_S3UzOzAY on my phone
>we lay together on the grass looking up at the stars for an hour, not a word said
>>
>>877345
>>877351
fucking gay. kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>877345
>>877351
:]
>>
>>877345
>>877351
This makes me have hope
>>
>>874579
Do you live in CA? I know that feel.
>>
>>877345
>>877351
>>877381
Agreed. Sounds like a made up story of a 16 year old. He even had songs.
>>
>>874616
I don't have an image for you but I wanted to say good job.
Ever consider volunteering with the BSA or a youth outdoors group and spreading your love of the outdoors? They can lead to a good network in the outdoor world
>>
>tfw want to go run outside, perfect weather for once
>get all ready
>stretched, mind prepared and wants to do a good 10-16 mile run in the national parks nearby
>starts pouring
>starts pouring HARD
>doesnt stop pouring
>everywhere is muddy, can barely navigate trails
>turn around at 1 mile because so soaked and cold and mud in shoes
>feel bad and shower afterwards
i fuckin hate rain.
Its always either too cold or too hot.
goddamn this weather
>>
>>877408

SoCal; the pain is unbearable.
>>
>tfw you accidentally step on a snake
>tfw your gaiters saved you

Never not wear gaiters in the Australian bush
>>
File: 1476606114967.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476606114967.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>tfw you end up getting to the trailhead late and you have to rush through the best part of the trail in the dark just to get to the campsite and get to sleep by a reasonable time
>>
>>876497
Fuck I didn't ask for these feels. Same age so your description was pretty much identical to my memories
>>
>>874616
>24
>never been in a relationship

Hold me
>>
>>874487
want to go /out/ but no /out/ friends. should i go alone?
>>
File: 1476641094604.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1476641094604.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>877567
Don't worry buddy, I'm just now coming to terms with having a serious relationship. A few, but genuine relationships are better than lots of casual stuff. Be bold, and practice conversation, find a sense of humor that works for you, and be the best you that you can be. Life cant come to you, you have to come to life, and you'll do amazing.
I love you fellow anon, stay strong.
>>
File: 1407799828783.jpg (134KB, 706x563px) Image search: [Google]
1407799828783.jpg
134KB, 706x563px
>>874487
>tfw you take your new doggo on an old route that you haven't been on since your last pupper died
>all those memories of the day she suddenly became sick and had to be put down the same day come rushing back
>>
File: meme.jpg (65KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
65KB, 720x960px
>>877576
Fimd some local buddies, gst skme friends to get interested. When j started out I'd just do mini excursions no more than a 20 minute walk into the woods mid day, practice various stuff and hike around lots. Build skills and read up, and as i said to >>877567
You getout there and find amazing people who can meet your level of individuality. I look forward to hearing of it
>>
File: those feels cant reach me here.jpg (2MB, 1600x1061px) Image search: [Google]
those feels cant reach me here.jpg
2MB, 1600x1061px
>tfw you cant live in the wild because somebody "owns" it
>>
>>877578
Thanks, anon. I'm trying. I'm happiest when /out/ so I'm gonna keep at that and let whatever happens happen
>>
>>875198
why did your girlfriend leave you?
>>
File: anger.jpg (17KB, 231x300px) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
17KB, 231x300px
>>874487
>you go on /out/ on a monday and the post pics of your recent outings thread can stay on the first page.
>>
>>877620
>the social contract is dead because you can't opt out anymore
>you're born into serfdom
The whole point of property tax, at least in the US, was to prevent monopolization of land use and yet ironically here we are 200 years later and its the feds themselves that are the monopolists.
>>
File: 1475558227927.jpg (16KB, 620x374px)
1475558227927.jpg
16KB, 620x374px
>go to secomd home of /k/
>see feels thread, war is hell, etc
>already drunk as shit
>share most of my bad experiences, feel really shitty
>make grammar errors
>"b-but, you misspelled this word! That cant happen to people!"
>called a pretentious faggot and that i should be ashamed, I have nothing to live for, i should kill myself, etc.
>go innawoods
>cry
>>
>>874579
San Diego?
>>
File: 1451945764143.jpg (99KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1451945764143.jpg
99KB, 1024x1024px
>>877739
it's called "second" you pretentious faggot

only a joke, let's hug senpai
>>
>>877696
all by design anon
>>
>>877743

Correct
>>
>>876497
what happens to scouts when you turn 18? you can't participate anymore and there's no troop for adults?
>>
File: yes-they-do.jpg (54KB, 400x675px) Image search: [Google]
yes-they-do.jpg
54KB, 400x675px
>>877757
when they turn 18 they're no longer sexually desireable so they get discarded. active recruitment is essential to the cause.
>>
>tfw on /out/ - Outdoors
>see /out/ feels thread
>expect relatable stories of things that happen when you go /out/
>instead get a bunch of blogging, life stories, and crying because bullies and daddy never loved you
>>
File: 1474571781086.jpg (202KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1474571781086.jpg
202KB, 852x1136px
>>877748
You're a good guy in my eye senpai
>>
>>874686

Don't show weakness to women.

Just don't. It makes life easier for everyone.

If you want a constant companion who will love you no matter what and genuinely care about your feelings - get a Dog.
>>
>Tfw drive on a highway into local mountains to go hike/star gaze / adventure
with friends
>tfw every time we drive out there subrubia has encroached through the foothills closer and closer to the mountains
>tfw drive over the mountains for a 3 day camping trip
>tfw drive back over and they've literally thrown up the frame of a grocery store on what was an empty lot.
It fucking sucks watching the whole area just get bulldozed so more fucking rich white soccer moms can move in and turn the area into trash.

>>877757
Boy Scouts is for kids and you age out at 18. If you're in a good troop though you'll have people sticking around to help as adult leaders. If you're in a god tier troop, your troop will have a venture crew you can join. Venturing goes to 21 and by then you're probably be ready to move on in life.
>>
>its autumn and the sunset has really nice ambient colors
>>
>>877640
Not sure. She never really made it clear. It was along the lines of her not being 100% sure I was the one she wanted to be with. We hit a rough patch and I think it was a sign for her that it wasn't working out.
I don't mean to get all sappy here, but I loved her so much. It didn't take her very long though to find someone else to start dating again. The day I found that out just added insult to injury during my time of trouble.
>>
>>877830
just not a pitbull, obviously.
>>
>>877874
well, didn't want to make any implications so i asked outright, but i was going to ask if she thought she can do better, and it seems she did, as is typically the case.

on the upside i guess at least she broke up with you instead of cheating on you before breaking up, but she probably cheated too, in all honestly.

i guess the real up side is that she's out of your life.
>>
>>877880
Well, I guess that is a part of it. There's an extensive background behind our relationship so to outright say that was why she left would only be half true. In no way am I defending her, there's just a lot of backstory. My original story is a tldr of what occurred within a year's time frame.

But like you said, maybe it was for the best that she left. It was just such shitty timing
>>
>>874616
University of Washington?
>>
File: 20160802_151710.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160802_151710.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>874556
Fuck that be in trail i know loterally nobody comes here anymore there are 2 mountain tops I went to one of them suddenly I hear some yelling and see two people climbing like devils and i see em carriyng something like a gun i hide behind a bush freaking out thinking i invaded provste property
>>
>>874879
You silly bastard, send >>874855 to the >>>/trash/ can. It's the only place he belongs.
>>
>>877580
>guy says he has no /out/ friends
>"Fimd some local buddies"

>just b urself :-)
>>
>>877892
Yeppers
>>
>>877935
you have a very warped perspective on the world
>>
>>877935
you have a very twisted viewpoint on the planet
>>
>>878016
>>878019

I he just isn't a brainwashed retard like (you)
>>
>>878016
>>878019
My world view may not be a great world view, but it is not skewed. My worldview came about after years and years of living around many different types of people. Black culture however does NOT mix with white culture. It never has and never will.

Black culture is all about fortifying an image of glamour. They think that this involves treating women like garbage and white women like trophies. I have heard countless times of black men bragging about corrupting white girls and pissing off their fathers because they feel as if they are beating the white man. If this sounds horrible and racist, well....I'm sorry but black men are horrible and racist people. Talk to a black girl and they will tell you what it is is like and you will know why every race prefers white men. White women are the only ones who seek this self-flagellation by dating niggers.
I hate niggers and I will always hate niggers until their culture out-of-the-blue decides to stop holding sin as a standard to strive for.
>>
>>877888
Are you me ?
>>
>Get out of the Military
>Wanna go /out/
>Go hiking
>Something doesn't feel right
>Go later to the doctor
>Get xrays
>Arthritis in both knees
>Need knee replacements
>Can't go sc/out/ing
RIP me.
>>
File: kkk.jpg (232KB, 634x476px)
kkk.jpg
232KB, 634x476px
>>874487
>tfw sound of rain on tarp
>tfw spruce tea
>tfw arriving at last years camping spot
>tfw first piss at camp
>tfw you walk away from friends to piss and hear them laugh
>tfw everyone is just silent and dreaming, doing relaxing activities
>tfw dreaming while looking into the fire
>tfw whittling
>tfw Firewood is gathered
>tfw randomly encountering wild animal
>tfw taking kids /out/ the first time
>>
>>877576
Yes. Yes. Yes.

/out/ people are some of the friendliest people you'll find. Of course be careful at first.
I've pretty much given up on doing anything more serious than a couple days hike with my friends so it's all alone, till I meet others.
Just don't be afraid to approach a group.
>>
>>874487
>Up first thing in the morning at the beach
>hot cup of coffee
>watch the sun come up over the ocean
>no tourists up this early
>cold enough for a jacket
>smell of salt in the air
>seagulls cawing
>waves crashing
>knowing your only one of a few thousand--maybe only a few hundred--Americans greeting the dawn of a new day.

Westcoastfags will never know.
>>
>>878277
Airborne?

Everyone I know that was airborne, even the five jump chumps, have shit knees now.
>>
>>878256
I can't be you because I'm me and not you
>>
>tfw you will never have enough free time from work to hike the appalachian trail in one go
>>
>>878409
Light Armored Recon, but yea all the airborne bubbas have crap knees

I still wanna do both the Pacific and Appalachian trails, any Northeast A.c./out/s?
>>
File: n1UkzOe.jpg (31KB, 437x501px)
n1UkzOe.jpg
31KB, 437x501px
>tfw my dad had me at an advanced age and was unable to take me /out/
I've been living like a lonely shitposting hermit since I was 15
>>
File: 1390595623748.gif (433KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1390595623748.gif
433KB, 500x275px
>tfw you like in the UK south west so the only trails are just hand-railing through about 400 shit filled farms.
>tfw you go to uni so have to move into a city with just enough room for your normal clothes so you can't go /out/
>tfw out of your 5 friends none are into going /out/ so you have to go alone
Fuck I want to live in the US, you guys have the best outdoors, hunting, open space, /out/ area that isn't shitfields.
>>
>tfw moved to majorcityville, usa for grad school

the most i can get /out/ is a small park full of homeless people. also if the happening happens im fucked
>>
File: DSCN0040.jpg (211KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0040.jpg
211KB, 1000x750px
I wish it was summer again
>>
File: DSCN0034.jpg (196KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0034.jpg
196KB, 1000x750px
>>878815
>>
File: DSCN0042.jpg (192KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0042.jpg
192KB, 1000x750px
>>878816
woods of the western siberia
>>
File: 1470828358493.jpg (27KB, 414x508px)
1470828358493.jpg
27KB, 414x508px
>tfw summer is coming up and it's going to be a fucking scorcher
I hate summer for going /out/ because I never use sunscreen. Time for another season of wanking and telly test matches
>>
>>878702
I hate cities so much. just cesspools of human infestation overflowing with shit piss trash and traffic.

who ever thought that letting humans reproduce unhindered was a good idea?

>mfw 7 billion and going up
>>
File: dwEUPhP.jpg (523KB, 3686x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dwEUPhP.jpg
523KB, 3686x1080px
>tfw blue sky runnings through my soul
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>878820
just wear long sleeves and put sunscreen on you fucking goober
>>
>>878400
Theres tons of people who get up before sunrise. as far as watching it there are probably tens to hundreds of thousands
>>
File: 1470154794377.jpg (111KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1470154794377.jpg
111KB, 1252x1252px
>when you see another human bean
>>
>>874487
>tfw I bring the gf along and fuck her right there on the trail
>>
>>874651
You're in the same boat as me, friend. I looked up a trail system about 8 minutes from my house and hiked the beginner trail by myself. It's only 1.6 miles and it gives you a chance to get comfortable with the idea of being alone somewhere unfamiliar.
>>
>tfw you forget to stay hydrated because you're trying to navigate terrain and find a camping spot in a new area
>tfw you can't enjoy being out because you're having to nurse a massive headache
Last weekend wasn't fun.
>>
>>878930
lmao check out this loser, he doesn't even pop painkillers like candy while on the trail
>>
Holy moley, this thread is still going dudes!
>>
>>878945
I'm just used to /b/ where threads are gone in few hours!
>>
>tfw want to go out but no vehicle to get there

>>878277

>plan huge /out/ trip
>week before hip starts hurting when I walk
>I mean really hurting, want to lay down and cry level
>avoid walking as much as possible
>try everything but doesn't fix it
>no time to go to doctor
>still go on out trip
>hurts so badly I lay on ground for a while
>decide to go on trail anyway, about 10 miles, cliffs and hills
>working through pain
>climb'an
>recline on round-ish rock on back, let head and feet hang down
>suddenly something pops in hip
>stand up
>all the pain is gone
>I can walk again
>months later still doesn't hurt
>an /out/ god who dwells in the rocks healed me
>>
File: IMG_20161019_150000-1-1280x1280.jpg (192KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161019_150000-1-1280x1280.jpg
192KB, 1280x1280px
>TFW you've just about got your gear together to go kayaking, you bend wrong and your back spasms, so instead you spend the afternoon in a methocarbamol haze, stretching on your thermarest watching Mighty Ships on the discovery channel
>>
File: 1468025620716.gif (993KB, 1600x900px)
1468025620716.gif
993KB, 1600x900px
>never appreciated the Scouts because I was an absolute nigger of a child
>got kicked out and didn't care
>spent rest of childhood and teenage years inside playing runescape, other vidya and shitposting
>start going /out/ again
>realize all I've wasted
>>
>>879068
my mother said to me after i told her how sad, angry and frustrated i get over the years ive wasted and harmed myself by avoiding physical workouts (my and their fault too) "theres no point of looking back so much and wasting energy feeling those things, live now while youre still breathing"
go
>>
>>879031
Sounds like a fat guy kind of problem.
>>
>>879153
It's an old mountain bike injury plus encroaching middle age thing, happens randomly every year or two whatever kind of shape I'm in, usually when i have something fun planned. I went for a long walk to loosen up and I think I avoided the worst of it this time. Going for another 5km walk now (by way of the whiskey store). Sitting is the worst, even if it is in a boat.
>>
File: geeps_bg.png (14KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_bg.png
14KB, 261x195px
>>879161
you got a wicked big stick up your rectum anon
>>
File: 1458588823694.jpg (22KB, 497x518px)
1458588823694.jpg
22KB, 497x518px
Tfw when my friend just died coming down Mt Whitney Monday night and I couldn't do anything to save him
>>
>>874487
>walk around the forest with a machete on me and constantly checking over my shoulder for murderers and demons

Seriously, why am I so fucking paranoid?
Regardless of day or night, I'm still paranoid when I'm innawoods
>>
>>879728
Alertness is good innawoods, just don't let fear consume you. Dont not look behind you because you think you're being silly. We have instincts for a reason.
>>
>>878980
You have been blessed by the holy rock of safe hikes, anon
This deity rarely bestows his blessings upon us, feel greatful.
>>
>>879734
True, but i dont think i can control it very well. The only way I've found to deal with it is talking with someone while hiking/camping

I'm just glad I'm not in America or something where I'd have to deal with bears
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>879720
wat
>>
>>879720
>>879742

I don't think I can go back /out/ ever again.. idk if anyone has ever lost someone while /out/ that can help me out.. I feel hugely responsible
>>
>>879761
I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but sometimes things happen that are out of your control. I wasn't there so I don't know the decisions you made, or the exact conditions, but it seems like it was a tragic accident. There are much, much worse ways to accidentally go than to fall off a mountain in the dark. It's infinitely better than a long cancer battle or Alzheimer's.

It'll hurt for a long time though. All I can say is, at some point you need to go out again, and to remember what was best about it.

I don't know if this will help, but I have a similar story. I don't feel like greentexting because it was too emotionally strong, so you anons have to suffer through paragraphs.

A few years ago when I was doing surveys in the middle of nowhere, one guy on the crew killed himself.

One night it was storming but we'd lucked into a roof over our heads and internet access and as I walked out from checking my email in the office he walked in. I was the last person to see him alive. He got a breakup email from his girlfriend, went out to the kitchen and got drunk, and then took a rope and hung himself from the rafters. We found him the next morning. I've always wondered if there was anything I could have said to him other then the simple "Good night" that I did say.

The storm that night washed out the road above us, so after we called in what happened, no one was able to get to us for three days. There was an outbuilding nearby that was secure enough to not have mice and that bigger wildlife couldn't break into, so we put him there while we waited. No one felt like talking for most of that time. Several people on the crew quit and left once they could. No one that was left wanted to broach the subject of it.

Eventually his family came out to see us. They wanted us to know that it wasn't our fault and we had a memorial service with candles and a fire. We were better after that, but we struggled until the season was done, and I still question it.
>>
>>879816
>He got a breakup email from his girlfriend
pussy

>>879720
>Tfw when my friend just died coming down Mt Whitney Monday night
savage
>>879761
>I don't think I can go back /out/ ever again.
pussy
>>
>>879818
Kindly make fun of the dead guy plox
>>
>>874616
And I love You too anon
>>
>failing in school
>all my relationships are in tatters except for a few
>family is kissing their minds about me
>I can't unfuck the past
>stress a anxiety through the roof, and whatever else
>recently got in andnxnd false red flag spook with my girl
>on top of not being able to sleep unless in quite literally pass out this happens
>worn down top thin, only good thing I can do is war, philosophy and hiking.

Every other night before I sleep I eject the mag out of my handgun, point it to my skull and click. I have people who care about me but it feels so numbs n that I'm not me.
>>
>supposed to be studying
>constantly drop several days of uni in a row to go /out/
>going sailing the whole of next week when I have a full course load
>exams are going to be next level brutal

At least I get to go /out/ though
>>
>>874616
I love you faggot.
>>
>>878110
kill yourself
>>
>>878110
My world view may not be a great world view, but it is not skewed. My worldview came about after years and years of living around many different types of people. White culture however does NOT mix with any culture. It never has and never will.

White culture is all about fortifying an image of glamour. They think that this involves treating women like garbage and Non-white women like trophies. I have heard countless times of White men bragging about corrupting little foriegn girls and pissing off their fathers because they feel as if they are beating the black man. If this sounds horrible and racist, well....I'm sorry but white men are horrible and racist people. Talk to a white girl and they will tell you what it is is like and you will know why every race prefers non-white (and know why whites are going extinct in the near future) men. Black women are the only ones who seek this self-flagellation by dating crackers.
I hate crackers and I will always hate crackers until their culture out-of-the-blue decides to stop holding sin as a standard to strive for. (indian genocide, jewish genocide, black slavery, opium trade)

White people are blood thirsty mongrols
>>
>>874487
>>
>>880850
This picture perfectly represents my dream........
>>
>>879993
Thank you anon
>>
>>874733
>12 guys
> how
> turbo slut

Aside from answering you own question, 12 guys can be one night with internet.

> pic sfw board
>>
File: 1454983061916.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
1454983061916.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>880855
>>
File: SAM_2219.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px)
SAM_2219.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
Not sure what this thread is about.
>>
File: blank picture.jpg (55KB, 1083x720px)
blank picture.jpg
55KB, 1083x720px
>tfw Idaho
>nothing but mountains and dry lands
>hate it because I was raised in a city and has lots of places to go to
>>
>>874651
I feel that feel anon. I've been out before but I'm stuck here at uni with no free time in the foreseeable future.

>looking out over the scrub desert in the Carson NF.
>San Juans in the distance covered in snow
>wake up in dorm built in the middle of a corn field.
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>881212
>grew up in southern california
>lots of cool places to camp
>just kidding there's no water here are the four places you can go
>double just kidding the one sizeable river is filled with agricultural run off and can acutely poison you let alone cause cancer down the line
Oh boy~
>>
>>881212
Hey bro I'm in idaho too, you holding up okay?
>>
>>880176
>" got in andnxnd false red flag "
>"family is kissing their minds "
>"worn down top thin, only good thing I can do is war, philosophy and hiking."
You fuckin wat m8????
>>
>>874487
>tfw you like fishing but feel self conscious and don't enjoy it when other people are around
>>
File: 1 tick.jpg (276KB, 1235x772px) Image search: [Google]
1 tick.jpg
276KB, 1235x772px
>>
>>878613
went to England once, climbed the highest mountain there in an afternoon.
>>
File: 1469828730801.png (177KB, 300x260px)
1469828730801.png
177KB, 300x260px
>don't bring nail clipper
>nails get long
>chunk of fingernail breaks off
>have to deal with it or spend 5000 hours filing it down with camp knife
>>
>>881846
*I don't even know what the fuck is was meaning to say there. I thought my gf was cheating on me
*my family is losing their minds
*worn down pretty thin
>some of the many Perks to mobile posting, the horrible grammar
>>
>>881952
Wanna know how I can that tell you're shit at knife sharpening?
>>
>>882058
Even if I wasn't, I'm way too clumsy. I know better than to go cutting near my hands.
>>
>>879138
yeah man she's completely right. There's nothing you can do about the past. Gotta live while you can. We all die alone
>>
>>874487
tfw used to spend a lot of time innawoods backpacking and whatnot, hit by major depression, went from going /out/ every weekend to an overnighter or two a year, fitness went to shit so now I can't even walk to my spots and can't muster the energy to even start reconditioning myself. tfw if things keep going the way they are, im not gonna be around by the end of the year, bad feels

>>878613
where m8, Weymouth here
>>
>>879761

bong fisherman here
this hit me in the feels, I understand my man. the sea is as harsh as the wilderness
>>
>>874487
Don't make a thread then.
>>
>>882118
Yep, hearing that from someone much older than me made me appreciate the time I still have, also sorry for how I wrote that down I was back from drinking with friends.
>>
>the qt who was my best friend and introduced me to /out/ stuff isn't around anymore
>the place where I live right now has shit /out/ infrastructure and nature is mostly out of reach for the normal folk
>just want to go /out/ and find my passion for it again but lack of money and high populational density make it hard to be by yourself
>even if you go camping is only available in particular areas and any long distance trails in national parks require a guide or company visa
>national forests and wilderness are solely for preservation and daily visitation but no in depth /out/ing

Wake me up.
>>
>>879031

damn I just have that feel.
>>
>>878815
but anon, think of the winter camping
>>
>>881876
I don't want this feel
>>
>before I go to basic training, want one last hiking trip, just a few days, mostly road trip
>go to Oak Flat in Superior, AZ
>it's an Apache burial ground and sacred site surrounded by stripmines, and Resolution Copper is planning to turn it into a 5 mile wide crater
>Talk with a small family of San Carlos and White Mountain Apache who have camped tere in tents for over a year with occasional outside support
>they're elderly, a dancer, an artist, a singer
>go hiking into the hills, see the mineshafts set up to take samples
>was told by an elder that they ecpect the water level to drop (this is a beautiful oasis in the desert and that would destroy it) "in about a decade, at the soonest."
Just got out of boot camp. The nearby lakes that have never been empty are dry, and eagles are flying over, circling like they're looking for it. I wish the Apache family well.
>>
File: 1476666454388.png (264KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1476666454388.png
264KB, 540x429px
>>874487
>starting going /out/ in single digits age
>join based scout troop as tiger, Eagle by 14
>train out skills independently afterwards
>backpacking or wilderness camping twice a month for years
>graduate college
>get job in NYC
>work six days a week
>most /out/doors I get is a 10 mile day hike now

Just kill me now, this lifestyle is the OPPOSITE of what I wanted
>>
>>882769
I feel misled. There has to be a better way to live than this. I want to hike the Appalachian Trail but I can't just take 6 months off of work. I have become trapped by the system. I do t want to be a groveling hippie either, or lazy, but I need to get /out/ more if I'm going to maintain my sanity.
>>
>>882772
I fear that entrepreneurship is my only viable route. How else can I even take a long weekend to hit the woods? All I want is to live in a comfy cabin in the woods and be left alone
>>
File: The-Isle-of-Portland.jpg (38KB, 663x169px) Image search: [Google]
The-Isle-of-Portland.jpg
38KB, 663x169px
>>882130
Southampton, about an hour or 2 train from weymouth Always wanted to hike around weymouth, particularly the isle of portland and moonfleet (the book was brilliant so I want to see the area). Get your ass in the brit/out/ thread.
>>
>>874487
>favourite river camp site full of broken glass

>stupid tourist building cairns every 50 meters along a 2km track to some temple
>then they catch their bus back to the town

>in some vietnamese swamps
>enjoying the landscape
>howling monkeys and shit
>"AWWWWWAHHHHHH"
>someone just yelled
>echoes around for ages, no idea who it was
>they were probably a mile away
>will never find the yelling man
>>
File: 1477390260509[1].jpg (175KB, 756x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1477390260509[1].jpg
175KB, 756x1344px
>>878605
I know that feel bro. My dad lived away in New Zealand after my parents separated following the death of my brother. My mum always used to tell me stories about him in the military, then salvage and paua diving, sailing, hiking and bringing beat-up vehicles back to life. I never really got the chance to know him, I joined the ADF out of school and was fairly consumed in it all when I found out he only had a few weeks left due to an aggressive cancer.

All I really have left are the stories of Homeric proportions of him. Massive sharks, stuck on a mountain in a snowstorm, living on a boat as a family for 2 years before I was born. It initially didn't hit me as hard as you would have thought but my life was a slow crash and burn after that point. 2.5 years later and I'm still picking up the pieces.

Have my NZ passport and citizenship application in the works now, really keen to explore the fiordland.

Pic is from Tuesdays hike in Nightcap NP.
>>
>>874487
>snuggling up under a tarp with your lady to the sound of rain
>>
File: 1471359468747.jpg (168KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
1471359468747.jpg
168KB, 426x640px
>tfw you make a shoddy spear and suddenly feel like the fucking king of the jungle
>>
>>875264
Feels. The life of a good man.
>>
>>875835
Weight doesn't matter. You will NEVER be happy if you worry about other people. Do it for you
>>
>waking up in the morning
>the woods shrouded by fog
>the fading embers of your campfire crack in the cold
>the doggo you are spooning in your sleeping for warmth stretches its limbs.
> and you decide to snuggle onto his fur and go back to sleep.
>>
>>884374
*sleeping bag
>>
>>874836
I'm with you anon.

>was ugly and fat in school
>no grills wanted me
>find kinda cute grill
>be with her for years and get married
>during this time I lose weight and become attractive
>love my wife but now I also love the conquest of winning over women and making them beg for my cock
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 509x625px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 509x625px
>>874487
>move innacity
>Car breaks down
>Have no way of going out out
>No idea if there is a club or something I can join that carpools for /out/ings
>Camping equipment is sitting in a corner gather dust
>Ontop of it all, getting seasonal depression because no sun
Halp. I'm in Colorado, one of the best states for getting out, and I got no way of doing it.
>>
File: 1477771822970.jpg (157KB, 632x758px) Image search: [Google]
1477771822970.jpg
157KB, 632x758px
>live in an extremely crowded area of a crowded country
>very little places to go /out/, and they're all tiny
>if you go off the beaten paths, which are all pavement or tarmac, you'll stand in dog shit every 3 paces
>roads are pretty much always within hearing distance
One day I'll leave this shitty place
>>
>>884521

get a bike, mang
>>
File: sketch1466990805008.png (875KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sketch1466990805008.png
875KB, 1080x1920px
MFW I'm in the /out/doors and no Pepsi to be seen.
>>
File: IMG_3660.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3660.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>working
>in school again
>stressed out
>long commute
I need some /out/ soon or it's all going to come crashing down on me.
>>
>>886882
You need a better cell phone carrier.
>>
>>886885
Had the same problem freshman year of college, you just need to plan ahead. Take time off work for a weekend, finish assignments early, then just gather your /out/ stuff and leave.
>>
>>875264
>chad calls me buddy in a sarcastic tone.

Why do they do this?
>>
>>886888
Sure got me, now didn't ya Pepsi. Ouch, right in my, how do you say, benis. You wasted Hitler trips with your worthless trip code.
>>
>>886781
I have one, I just want to go out out. Like backpacking.
>>
>>874651
Rent a kayak at your local nature center. If it's city funded they're like $7 dollars per day. If not they're like $20. Just go for a walk in a local nature trail. That's nice and if you enjoy it you can expand your interests.
>>
>>874946
>israeli
>doesn't like Jews

Man, you picked the wrong place to live
>>
>>874899
Then why join the military you stupid fuck
>>
>>887356
Was born here.
Most Jews are not religious so its ok.
>>
>>878917
That's my favorite feel as well. Tell your gf I said hi.
>>
>>884521
Where at in Colorado? Foco here looking for people to /out/ with.
>>
>>880855
To be a sexy girl? Me too, anon. me too.
>>
>>883315
heavy
>>
File: Nu_Jecklin.jpg (304KB, 700x1433px) Image search: [Google]
Nu_Jecklin.jpg
304KB, 700x1433px
sound recordist here
>excitedly preparing to move to another continent
>bringing my recording rig with me in luggage
>can't wait
>just built brand new and improved jecklin disk
>take it out tonight for testing
>discover one of my mics is fucked
>noise, distortion, rumble
>looking at a couple hundred bucks
whelp
>>
>>874616
love you bruv
>>
File: 20161103_175058.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px)
20161103_175058.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>888218
At risk of sounding like a pansy this photo represents some deep shit going on in my life right now.
>>
>>889124
>>888218
Fuck me meant to reply to OP. Tfw can't do anything right.
>>
>>877486
>enjoying mid-day slither
>beautiful out, not a care in the world
>some cunt runs up and treads on me
>gonna show him
>bite ankle
>the fuck, this faggot is wearing some weird trousers, no effect
>right to self defense is so cuckolded here in oz we snakes get pushed around and assaulted
>>
>>874659
Fuuuuuck
>>
File: WIN_20161025_172038.jpg (767KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161025_172038.jpg
767KB, 2560x1920px
>>879720
>coming down Mt Whitney
thinblue,,tearthis below,,closer, to Doge.
,,, PLAYON!!
>>
>>874782
>>875198
Homeless thread attracts the wrong attention with its name when, truly, it's the nomad thread. We need more genuine travelers in there. That said, Imo having a cash stash defeats the purpose of the lifestyle. Dirty broke, beautiful and free is accessible RIGHT NOW. You just ditch your stuff and go, take advantage of the world around you and your freedom, no purchase necessary.

>>874836
Fuck your formerly-fat ego. Your girl liked you fat and disgusting and you aren't even decent enough to cut her loose. The world has enough sluts and people who are incapable of realizing the golden rule. Let this poor girl use her time for herself instead of wasting it on you, since you obviously don't love her.
>>
>>874492
>That forest
Is this Southwest Colorado/ Northwest New Mexico/ In that area?
>>
>>877578
This has to be the nicest thing anyone had ever said on 4chan. I'm so used to everyone just calling everyone else a faggot. That said, you're so right. Idk anyone who regrets learning from a relationship, even with the pain of it ending. Everyone regrets being a slut and giving away too much of themselves, so they front and act like it's a great thing when truthfully there's nothing more hollow or degrading.
>>
>>877620
Agggghhhhh THIS!
>>877830
:'( Why do people have to be such shit to each other?? I'm a girl and I like that point when my guy gets comfortable enough with me to shed a few tears. Not because I'm a typical wicked cunt, but because I want a genuine relationship with a human being with emotions. I wish everyone the same luck I've had in love but remember - Golden Rule! And don't put up with mean whores just for companionship. If they turn out to be mean, shame them and post puctures! Die cunts.
>>
>tfw nowhere to practice bushcraft
if anyone knows some places in central CT let me know
>>
>>878279
>Kids /out/
I can't even explain to you how awesome my life is right now because of this feeling. My kids are Beasts and is so amazing to watch them learn /grow innawoods.
>>878980
Going /out/ anyway blessing. Fuck yeah!
>>880176
>can't unfuck the past
Goddammit if I don't know that feeling. My only answer was to forsake my attempts to shove myself into the mold and go full nomad. Live /out. / Happy, genuinely happy, for the first time in my life.
>>880832
Fuck college. It's not what it used to be. Just wait til you're done and realize you did all that just to have waaay less fun /time to go /out. /
Drop out. Live in a van. Love life. >>881212
Panhandle is gorgeous. And you're so close to Washington and Montana. Day trip!
>>
>>882769
I keep pushing the homeless thread, but so many people in /out/want what we have. Don't think city bums (oh lord, you're in nyc. DON'T think about them), we're nomads, we're the guys who felt what you feel now and changed our lives. Think about it.
>>
tfw, want to move to Colorado, because I love /out/, but if I do I'm just another asshole transplant
>>
>>889613
Pacific northwest!
>>
>>889617
I know :( my company only has so many offices and just about only /out/ friendly one is Denver
>>
>come to /out/
>oh it's probably gonna be a comfy board about nature
>everybody is slinging shit at each other
>worse than pretty much any other board, /pol/ included

What is wrong with you fags? Why are you all so angry? Isn't /out/ supposed to be relaxing?
>>
File: geeps_a.png (93KB, 728x854px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_a.png
93KB, 728x854px
>>889640
anon you gotta find the good threads and ignore the few shitty ones. we're a pretty good bunch overall anon.
>>
>>889589
Just try to find a quiet ish area innawoods and fuck around
Avoid fires if possible but I have a few places I can just go where I don't run into too many people

Where in ct are you
>>
File: 1466172485321.png (398KB, 448x478px) Image search: [Google]
1466172485321.png
398KB, 448x478px
>out hunting
>first day of season
>see decent 8 pointer 20 yards
>I'll just wait for a bigger one
>the only buck i saw last year
>>
>>889640
You just need a tripcode. That's the only way people will respect you on /out/.

>>889655
Just shoot all of em and only take home the biggest. The game wardens will understand.
>>
>>889624
Time for a new job!
>one life to live
>>
>>889640
Because so many of these fags are scared neets and the closest they come to leaving the house is spewing jealous hatred at those who do go /out./
Did you forget where you were ?
>>
>>877345
>>877351
Where is that? Looks like a nice place.
>>
>>887848

Yeah nah that MIC is kill. Looks like bad contact issue.
>>
File: nice.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>tfw you take the first breath of air in the alps in the morning.
>>
I've had this tab open since mid october. I've been checking every morning for feels. I'm miserable.
>>
>>874616
Keep up the good work you fucking fabulous sc/out/.

Life can be rough. You'll look back at when you were 15 and hardly even remember what that was like. You're on the right path, just follow it.
>>
File: C4mic-large.jpg (46KB, 750x515px)
C4mic-large.jpg
46KB, 750x515px
>>889939
Yeah the mic is kill. I cleaned the contact pins and it seemed to help but the problem is intermittent at best, so I can't trust it out inna field. It had been packed in silica gel for several weeks so it can't be moisture either, guess after a couple years of being out in the elements the capsule is finally fried.

BUT i replaced them with nicer mics! The last pair was quite good but these new ones are much better, about 10dB less noise and better overall response. They are sensitive to humidity though so I gotta be careful with them '~'

Here's a recording with them though, they're so nice and clear. Just a plane going by sort of far away. (also it was a very windy so all the "sssssshhhhh" you're hearing isn't mic noise, it's the wind in the leaves).

https://clyp.it/1hefipkp

Feels good.
>>
>>874740
good job mate. i'm hoping to do the same once i'm out of uni
>>
>>874556
Best /out/ feeling right there - basically came to post this.

My favorite hiking spots are the ones that are least visited.
>>
>tfw whole state is under a fire ban
>tfw can't practice firestarting in my own back yard

As if living in this state wasn't suffering enough.
>>
>>890711
seeing as it's a bit early for fire season in straya, california?
>>
>>890716
Nah, brah.
I'll give you a hint. It starts with A and ends with labama.
>>
>>890719
oh shit, i didn't even know you guys were in a fire ban. haven't been down in a couple years but abalamma's usually so humid and lush
>>
>>890716
>seeing as it's a bit early for fire season in straya
too early for Southern Australia, but New South Wales is definitely in fire season already - and even has some bushfires burning away at the moment
>>
File: Justin-Sullivan-Getty-tree.jpg (239KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
Justin-Sullivan-Getty-tree.jpg
239KB, 594x396px
>>890730
Australian Fire Season is like Christmas, it comes earlier and earlier every fukken year.
>>
>>874487
>I can't think of any
Then don't post the fucking thread, you imbecile. I fucking hate people like you.
Get some fucking friends. 4chan isn't your fucking hugbox.
>>
>>890733
Eh. Down South it is. up in NSW its been mid-late Oct onwards for years. It does vary from year to year depending on seasonal rainfall variation
>>
>>879068
Scouts is a waste anyway. Unless you get one of those good dads whose kid is a shit. A lot of leaders don't have any actual /out/ skills as it is.
>>
>>890800
My troop was fantastic. 14 dudes was small but it was a good number. Big range of ages too but we all got along and our leaders were very /out/ savvy.
>>
>>890429

Ohhh that -10 and -20 pads are sweet! I take you using omni capsules with your setup? Thats why you use your sponge rig to block bleed? Gonna have a listen now to your recording now.

I would recommend getting anti static bags for your mics and a grounder bracelet when you out and about again. I started using them and you wont believe the amount of static you can build up especially in tents and other out gear type of synthetic materials. I have a strong suspicion that might have spiked your mic. You remember any static pricks whilst setting up last time you recorded?
>>
File: my_field_recording_packout_rig.jpg (1MB, 3550x1211px) Image search: [Google]
my_field_recording_packout_rig.jpg
1MB, 3550x1211px
>>890919
the mics that died had been in storage and I hooked them up here at home, so not likely. The stuff stays packed away in foam inside plastic cases so it doesn't get staticky. certainly didn't remember any static sparks.

the mics, cables, power, etc definitely aren't stored "loose" in fabric by any means.

and yeah I almost always use them in omni mode with the Jecklin disk. sometimes i toss the cardioid caps on if i have a good reason, or record ORTF or something. the last (now malfunctioning) set of mics had a very exaggerated low end (in omni mode) and no filters, so I always had to record low, filter the low end out later, and then normalize. it usually worked well but could end up being a little noisy. also with no filters on those mics any deep rumble (thunder, etc) would clip the audio really quickly (even down at like 5Hz or 10Hz). these new mics have about 10dB less noise and don't have the crazy low frequency response, plus they have filters and pads, so it's much more fun.

now, if i wanted to hear any very distant rumbling I would try the old mics because they're so sensitive in the low end, but really any natural/tranparent recording would be with the new mics.
>>
File: P_20160506_103032.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px)
P_20160506_103032.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
>>890939

>The mics that died had been in storage and I hooked them up here at home, so not likely. The stuff stays packed away in foam inside plastic cases so it doesn't get staticky. certainly didn't remember any static sparks.

Must just be old souls then RIP. You can always use your remaining mic for MONO/LFE source if I where you. Especially if it give you more low's.

You have a good procedures for recording still haven't listened to track go have listen tomorrow.

Transparent is good friend what mics did you get? I want to buy a Senheisser MKH50 next year but it's gonna hurt.

Got allot a gear but always need more stuff...
>>
>>891105
Fuck m8 the MKH mics are the best! I would kill for a pair of omni and cardiod caps but the expense is off the hook... so it'll be awhile.

And yeah those old mics have spent a couple years out in the elements getting ambient recordings and they were cheep (MXL 603s) so I'm ok with their demise. I'm still keeping them of course.

The new mics are the Studio Projects C4 matched pair. It's as much as I can spend on "outdoors" mics that are apt to get damaged eventually. However they're even more sensitive to yumidity than the others it seems, so I'll have to be careful with them. They dry-out quick though and people aren't reporting any lingering problems.

I also really want a decent recorder with decent preamps. Looking at the Zoom F4 or maybe the Tascam DR-70D. Right now I'm using a handheld Tascam recorder with external preamps. The results are great but it makes the setup more complicated.

>mics>phantom power>external preamps>recorder

What recorder do you use?

ALSO that recording is just a test the other day when it was windy and a plane flew over. It's too cold now to catch any real wildlife but I might try for coyotes or something.
>>
>>891159

I got two MKH 416's and I love them. Got them for dirt cheap second hand. Got 2 for the price of one basically. MKH50 2nd hand are rare especially at a good deal.

Post me a recording with your new ones would like to hear a raw mono track. Will pull it into Cubase this side.

I'm a big fan of the recorder mixer/preamp combo because of the line level output into the recorder. This gives you way more headroom. I owned a H4n(till car drove over it...long story) and currently have a H6 for stereo atmos recordings. I still find these recorders a bit lacking as stand alone units especially at mic level input signals.

Do you use XLR to XLR or XLR to 1/4inch Jack unbalanced from preamp to your recorder?

F4 looks dam good! I have buyers remorse because I bought H6 just before the F4 launched. Would still use external preamp with it though.

Pic related is my main setup doing a studio shoot Recorder is SD633.
>>
File: P_20161105_122346.jpg (3MB, 4096x3072px)
P_20161105_122346.jpg
3MB, 4096x3072px
>>891277

Forgot pic!
>>
>>891279
Oooh Sound Devices! I would love one someday. As for my preamps into the Tascam DR-40, I use Fetheads with are inline phantom powered XLR>XLR preamps. They give me about 22dB of clean gain so I barely have to use any gain on the Tascam at all. It's as good as it gets until I can get the F4. The Fetheads are great because they're designed for dynamic/ribbon mics and only need phantom, so they have many uses which justified me buying them.

I don't have any good/raw recordings with the new mics except what I posted above, it's almost winter so there's no wildlife to record so I haven't really gotten/kept any recordings. Also just today I packed them up and shipped them back for an exchange because one of the hypercardioid capsules rumbles like a mofo. It might be a week or something before I get the replacement set. Come Jan I'll be in Aus recording the rain forests and shit!
>>
File: TritonAudio+Fathead+Review.jpg (65KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
TritonAudio+Fathead+Review.jpg
65KB, 550x412px
>>891279
>>891576
Fug forgot Fethead pic
>>
>>889124
Can I get some info? I relate to that picture.
>>
>>891899
I had just got fired from my 3rd job in a year (wasn't properly trained, rushed us all to the jobsite, and on this particular day safety checks weren't done for 2nd shift so three of us got canned on the spot) and this was my drive home. Just signed a 1yr lease for a new house near the field with my gf and 2yr old son. We'd only been there two weeks and then this. So it was a weird shitty drive. The truck ended-up getting repossessed btw.
>>
>>891981
Looking at the photo I felt a sense of longing. I'm sorry things have been so difficult for you. It's been a difficult year for me as well though admittedly I haven't suffered as many pitfalls. That scene gives me /out/ feels though.

The everything's fucked so I'm just going to slow down and take some time to not think about anything and maybe grab a beer and a cigarette and enjoy the sky and the cold air.
>>
>>892094
nah I'm just joshin' bro, I'm not that anon. made the whole thing up. should be banned †bh

But...
>everything's fucked so I'm just going to slow down and take some time to not think about anything and maybe grab a beer and a cigarette and enjoy the sky and the cold air.
sounds like a good idea. not enough people pause to think and enjoy the little things. actually, a lot of people don't even seem capable. most of my friends haven't appreciated a sunset or autumn foliage or wildflowers, etc etc in years it seems. i do that shit every day. keep on keepin' on anon
>>
>>887459
Denver
>>
This thread is about to die and I haven't had a chance to go /out/ since it started. I feel detached.
>>
i want to get a bivi tent to go out with soon
>>
>>892758
what's holding you up!? GIT R DONE
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.