[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 80

File: image.jpg (93KB, 476x713px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 476x713px
#63-"Murrica!" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>804890

Hopefully everybody remains safe this holiday weekend. It's difficult to thumb your memecaster when you have no thumb. I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, but at least I won't be stuck there next Saturday. Still debating whether to finish all my errands today or go fishing in the afternoon instead.

Talk 'bout fishin
>>
File: 18289538.jpg (575KB, 1568x799px) Image search: [Google]
18289538.jpg
575KB, 1568x799px
Talk about Nibblesworth
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>807023
What time are you fishing at? Seems like a good spot to fish right at sunset. If I were there during the day, I would be casting creature baits out towards the edge of that channel or some deep holes and then maybe in the late afternoon start doing flukes or even topwater towards the outer edge of all that structure.

But I have no clue, it's different for every lake in every area. Sometimes the obvious spots are great and sometimes they are terrible and some spot you least expect is the most productive.
>>
File: jewtopia.jpg (263KB, 638x781px) Image search: [Google]
jewtopia.jpg
263KB, 638x781px
>>807035
>no furry OP
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 500x750px
>>807046
Skid pls
>>
File: jack crevalle wesley.jpg (425KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack crevalle wesley.jpg
425KB, 1600x1200px
>>807050
>so scared of saltwater fishing that he'd rather drive 45 minutes to a lake to catch dinks than go to a jetty
>remains convinced that the only way to catch saltwater fish is by letting bait soak despite other people saying lures are really effective
>keeps posting pictures of people saltwater fishing

You confuse me.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 600x450px
>>807059
I was going to head to the inlet last night, but when I was done catching dink bass I had to go to my mom's house and let the doges out since she is out of town, and pretty much ended up passing out on her couch.

Then I wanted to go this morning real early but woke up around 8:30am. After seeing the snook pics, I want to get out there and try a little bit with the bass lures.

I just need to find a good quiet spot. The pier is always packed with people, especially on a holiday weekend. The inlet is quiet sometimes. I know of a ton of spots I could easily cast into the intercoastal but I want to find good spots near inlets and the ocean side like the jetties where I can cast out there and it won't be packed.

Maybe tonight I will cruise around a little bit and try to find a good spot.
>>
>>807032
>>807032
I usually dont like throwing spinners in this pond because they just catch all the vegetation but it just rained and theres no plants on the surface
>>
>>807063
For jetty fishing you need something you can get distance with like a spoon or diamond jig. Sometimes they're pretty close so your typical bass stuff will work.
>>
>>807059
>letting bait soak
bait is far more productive off piers and jetties, etc. Lures and softs work but since I've started tossing squid I catch something 25-33% of casts and that would be more like 75% if I had smaller hooks.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>807070
You ever fish regular spinners? If you are going for big bass, a 1/2oz one can do work if the conditions are right. Otherwise there are the Booyah Pond Magic ones which are a bit smaller. They don't catch nearly as many weeds as inlines.
>>
>>807063
Buy a fucking gotcha plug with a yellow head. These things catch everything and they cast really well.
>>
>>807063
Call a local baitshop and ask them what they are using at the inlet and what they are catching. A 2 minute call can make your trip successful.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x1936px
>>807078
I have heard it all between the plugs and bucktails. I'm thinking about going out there and just throwing some jerk baits or maybe even trying a spinnerbait.

>>807081
There is a really nice saltwater shop like right across the street from my house. Well a couple blocks. I need to find a spot and just go and try first. Maybe once I actually hook a fish, I will get motivated.

I'm just afraid because I know as soon as I really start going for saltwater, I'm going to spend like $1000 in tackle within a month. The freshwater spending is already out of hand.
>>
File: thatsit.jpg (85KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
thatsit.jpg
85KB, 400x353px
>>807084
I have never seen anybody uses spinners for salt.

>I'm just afraid because I know as soon as I really start going for saltwater, I'm going to spend like $1000 in tackle within a month. The freshwater spending is already out of hand.

You don't need to buy any saltwater specific rods or reels, just bring what you have rinse everything down after a trip. Didn't you say you have an ugly stik you got for pier fishing once? Bring that and a spinning bass combo, you should be good with that for inlet fishing. You only need the heavy gear for offshore and pier fishing since you have to wrestle fish away from structure.
>>
>>807072
Just use shrimp or mullet, cheap and they catch everything
>>
>>807084
Bass fishermen spend more on tackle than saltwater fishermen. You just need basic shit like spoons and jigs.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>807089
I still want a couple of those Penn combos. I want to grab some ~4000 or a little larger Fierce or Battle, and then an even larger Spinfisher. I do have that 7' Ugly Stik combo with 40lb braid, and then I could probably use my 6'6" MH rod with the President 35 and 30lb braid. I had one more big rod I grabbed to try at the pier, a 7' Shakespeare catfish combo with 40lb braid as well but I gave that one to my little bro.

And I know nobody uses spinners, but I have a feeling they could be good for saltwater. Dat vibration and flashing in the stirred up water of the inlet would totally get their attention.

>>807092
Most bass fisherman don't have as shitty of an impulse control as I do. I'm wondering what I should add to my collection next. I think I'm getting close to having a couple colors of almost everything. Maybe chatter baits and spoons.
>>
cant believe i just spent $20 on one megabass crank... what the fuck has fishing come too. Also Dicks didnt have the Lews reel i tried to find at Gander and they didnt have it either baka... looks like i gotta make the trek down to Bass Pro like i should have done in the first place
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (477KB, 1477x1942px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
477KB, 1477x1942px
Caught a monster flathead on a YUM curly tail jig. Is there anything those things wont catch? I've yet to find an artificial bait that comes close.
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 800x800px
>>807097
Does your Bass Pro carry a lot of Lew's? I see lots of them at Dick's but never see them at Bass Pro.

And some of those Megabass poppers have been catching my eye. I don't think I can pay full price for them though. I will wait until they have a good sale and try to grab a couple like I did with the LiveTargets.
>>
>>807106
Seeing those megabass lures in person is like looking at a piece of art. I would be horrified of losing one.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>807107
I was amazed seeing the $17.99 BaitBalls for the first time too, but after getting them in the water it's not like they are tiers above the rest of the stuff.

I think those Megabass poppers have some crazy design where the water goes through the mouth and makes even more noise. The baby bass colored one always catches my eye. Not enough to pay $20ea though.
>>
File: BPro.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
BPro.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>807107
i dont even know what it is about the their cranks but they just simply work. always out compete the rapala cranks i have
>>807106
The gander and Dicks near me have quite a bit of fishing stuff but they dont come close to comparing to the Bass pro near me. This bass pro has literally every single reel, rod, and bait that is being sold on the market right now. Its absolutely huge.
>>
>>807077
Nah i have 1 i havent thrown yet. i just like jigheads and bucktails so i dont have to much in the way of hardbaits
>>
>>807115
pff dont even get me started on those bait balls. Ive got two of them from MTB and both of them havnt caught a single fish, ever. thank god i didnt actually go out and buy them
>>
>>807097
Also, did you get any of the deals at Dick's? They have "Buy one, get one 50% off" on all Zoom, Rapala, Yamamoto, and LunkerHunts. Also "Buy 2 get 1 free" on Yo-Zuris. It was hard not to go crazy yesterday.

Those Yamamoto hard baits aren't too bad either after grabbing a crank, topwater, and spinner.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 261x193px
>>807119
What do you think of those LiveTarget swimbaits? I have one of their hollow frogs, two BaitBalls, and two lipless rattlers and they all seem decent but don't stand up to the hype at all.
>>
>>807100
What size jig? I fish that combo all the time too
>>
>>807120
Yea i looked through everything they had. I was pretty pissed they didnt have a single yo-zuri lure and only two yamamoto lures and they were poppers which i dont use so i just got that megabass lure and some zoom worms and left. I saw a big bin that was buy one get one free LunkerHunt shit but non of it was even worth buying (meme lures)
>>
>>807121
idk I havnt used the LiveTarget swimbait yet. I only have the Lucky Craft blue gill swim bait and it works pretty well when I remember I have it and use it
>>
File: metal-lures1.png (166KB, 452x581px) Image search: [Google]
metal-lures1.png
166KB, 452x581px
>>807089
>spinners for salt
these are the bread & butter

>>807084
Bottom line is you need to see what is in your area, whether they top or bottom feed.
Bottom will more likely be bait targets, top will be swimmers (soft & hard), poppers, kastmaster type (pic related)

For ocean hook size is huge. too big and nothing, too small and nothing
Too big, not your target fish, too small, not your target fish.
If you insist on buying a new combo, do a battle II 5k on an 8 ft rod.$100-125
>>
>>807125
Were they just sold out of the Yo-Zuris or didn't carry them? A lot of times they will have them near the saltwater stuff in stores around here and they aren't by the Rapalas and other cranks. But when they had the BOGO on the 3DB Yo-Zuris a couple weeks ago all the stores were pretty much sold out.
>>
>>807095
>larger Spinfisher
6500 gets heavy after a while.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>807125
>>807120
>>807134
Yo i love yo-zuri SSR

Honestly my favorite topwater/shallow crank right now

Such a nice searching action and it has rattles inside
>>
File: IMG_1578.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1578.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>807134
I thought they might just be sold out but I couldn't find a single price tag that was labeled for yo-zuri so they must not carry them idk if they did in the past. I know they had yo-zuri at Gander but when i went on Friday they didnt have anything at all too. kinda sucks that i have to drive and hour and a half to Bass Pro everytime I need to find something specific but I like looking at the monster LMBs in their fish tank
>>
File: image.jpg (977KB, 2448x1734px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
977KB, 2448x1734px
Had a crazy good day of fishing yesterday.
>Walking around the harbor in Monterey
>See a big school of fish in a rocky cove area. Look closer it's a bunch of jack mackerel
>Run back to the car, grab my memecaster and spinning rod
>hook a little 9" jack mackerel on an 1/8 oz gold kastmaster but he shakes the hook
>Trying to re-locate the school of macks, see a big bush of kelp & rock structure (crystal clear water)
>Start jigging the spoon hoping to entice a big perch
>Grass rockfish appears out of nowhere and engulfs the spoon
>Come back, catch pic related in the same spot.
>>
>>807143
Does that Dick's carry saltwater stuff? If they do, I bet they were in that section and you didn't see them. Or somewhere else random. Dick's normally had a ~3' section of Yo-Zuris and they will be on a random ass aisle or endcap nowhere close to the rest of the crankbaits.

I remember one store has all their Yo-Zuris on an endcap near the saltwater stuff. And the one I was at yesterday has them like 3 aisles over from the rest of the cranks. I can't remember if it was the aisle with spinners or soft worms or what.

And let me know if Bass Pro has a lot of Lew's. I swear I never see any at the 2 Bass Pros by me.
>>
>>807149
I live pretty far from the ocean so they dont sell any saltwater fishing gear at any of the stores besides bass pro cause the have everything but Ill take pics of all the reels and shit they have at Bass pro when i go.
>>
>>807151
They might have a couple of Lew's but I just haven't looked much because they never have good deals on reels anyway. I pretty much stay away from em there. But Dick's and Gander Mtn always have a ton of Lew's reels and combos on display and sale everywhere but Bass Pro doesn't.
>>
>>807156
sounds like the exact opposite of my situation. I also hate going to gander Mtn. even though it s 10 mins away only because the people thy have working in the fishing department are honestly clueless and try to give me the wrong shit all the time.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
Here is the first rockfish. They have a lot of variability in their color.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I also caught a bunch of these guys on a float with a freelined strip of squid 4 feet down the line.
>>
>>807164
I would never trust anybody at Gander Mtn or Dick's if I had an honest question aside from "How much is this?". Bass Pro has a few decent people working there.

I was mostly just talking about the Lew's reels. The Bass Pros around here don't carry a lot of Lew's reels (if any at all) while Dick's and Gander Mtn always have a bunch. Bass has more reels than the other two, just not Lew's.
>>
>>807166
Those thing look bretty kewl, almost like a freshwater fish.
>>
>>807172
The dicks and Gander both had one or two Lews Baitcasters but they wernt the ones that i was looking for. Im really hoping im not let down for a third time when i go this week to bass pro. I know they have way more then either of them combined but i dont specifically remember seeing lews because i wasnt looking for them.
>>
>>807164
I think my favorite place to buy lures is academy. The one near me has a really good selection of Zoom (like a whole shelf's worth), and decent prices. But most of the time the employees are useless.

>>807172
Heh, one time while I was at Gander this random dude came up and was asking me all sorts of questions. I guess he asked one of the employees and they didn't know. I'm not sure why he thought I looked like I'd know, but I answered the best I could.
>>
Last time I was at Dick's some employee convinced an old dude to put 12 pound mono (as opposed to 15-30lb braid ) on a 2500-3000 size spinning reel for (the old guys exact words )"fishing heavy cover, timber, and weeds "
Both frogging and pitching jigs
>>
>>807175
Check the in-store availability. Find the reel you want on Bass Pro's website and click "Find in-store". Like I have been saying, I don't think Bass Pro deals with Lew's a ton.

>>807177
>>807180
Last time I was at Gander Mtn, the only person working in the fishing section was some chick who was a shift manager and had no clue about anything. I think I asked her where a certain reel was and the response was pretty much "Well all of our reels are right here".

And Dick's rarely has people working that know anything about fishing. Maybe 10% of the time they have somebody over there who actually fishes once a year. A lot of them will be younger kids and I end up giving them advice.
>>
>>807180
yea dude they are honestly brain dead. I feel like 80% of the shit they spew is just nonsense they make up to make it sound like they know what they are talking about with randoms that dont know any better. I roasted the guy at gander when he didnt understand that baitcasters come in different retrieve ratios, so embarrassing
>>
File: 0703161415b.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
0703161415b.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
So I guess I can into baitcast now. Fish in next post.
>>
It pisses me off that I have to ask "how much?" at Dick's.
Every freaking store in the world has price scanners mounted except them.
>>
File: 0703161422a-1.jpg (1MB, 1657x3018px) Image search: [Google]
0703161422a-1.jpg
1MB, 1657x3018px
>>807191
>>
File: ew.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
ew.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>>807184
>I roasted the guy at gander when he didnt understand that baitcasters come in different retrieve ratios, so embarrassing

I feel bad for the guy working retail that gets "roasted" by a know-it-all customer. You probably made his day a lot worse than it already was, just saying. Maybe he was a hunting guy that got stuck working in the fishing department? Who knows.

Roasting hourly employees for not being as passionate or as much of an expert as you is a real dick move.
>>
>>807191
I just spooled mine up with cheap ass mono and have been dicking around with it and have been doing pretty good
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-03+at+02.32.54).jpg (68KB, 377x485px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-03+at+02.32.54).jpg
68KB, 377x485px
met this old asian woman at the dock, said literally the same three things over and over again to me ('u big fish', 'good eat, good eat', 'boat not good fish')

caught her 6 sunfish and she looked like she was going to cry tears of joy, yelling 'GOOD EAT GOOD EAT I NO FISH U COME GOOD LUCK NOW I EIGHT FISH FOR GOOD GOOD EAT'

i kind of wanted to go fish for something that wasnt tiny sunfish but she was too nice for me to quit on her

godspeed grandma lee
>>
File: 1451939832550.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1451939832550.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>807195
lmao get over yourself the guy was an asshat HE was the one that thought he knew it all and was just rambling bullshit thinking i didnt know anything about fishing and i finally got sick of it and roasted him r
>>
>>807192
This is true as well. Their sales are always strange, shit is never priced right, and the tags aren't always in the right place.

I specifically went there yesterday after getting the email with all of those sales. I went to the store and they didn't have the sale price tags on any of the Zooms, Rapalas, or Yamamotos. I had to go find somebody to check before I waited at the check out for 20min on a Saturday afternoon to find out the prices were wrong.

And when I bought those BaitBalls, there was a sale tag right there that said "All BaitBalls: $7ea when you buy 2 or more" and there were literally only 2 of them left. So I grabbed them both, went up to the checkout, and she tells me almost $40 for the two of them. Turns out one was clearance for $15 instead of $18, and the sale doesn't apply to clearance marked items. But they weren't in a clearance section, they were both in the LiveTarget section with the sale sign that said "All LiveTarge Baitballs" and I finally got her to change it.

>>807193
>>807191
Nice. The first fish on a new reel is always great.

>>807195
Dude could've at least said he didn't know instead of misinforming people.
>>
>>807195
I'm rarely rude to anyone though last TimIe went down to the shore I told a bait shop owner to go fuck himself
>Looking everywhere for bait shop
>Come across one
>It's literally some fat old dude selling bait out of his garage
>Not old old but in his late 60s probably
>Whatever
>He's sitting outside in the sun relaxing
>Say hi as I walk past
>Get ignored
> Go inside
>Look around a bit
>Fat old fuck comes inside
>Waddles behind counter
>Clearly upset he had to get up from outside to come inside
> Pay for bait
>Try to make small talk (asked how he is , any recommended spots etc)
>Guy is mean mugging me
>Grumbles and says something short butquite rude to whatever I asked
>Tell him to go fuck himself and walk out

I get not wanting to deal with people, but why have a business where you have to deal with people

Or if you don't want to get out of the sun, bring some cash outside and make change there so you don't have to get up
>>
>>807199
Had a good kek

Gj anon
>>
>>807199
One if the past few times I was at the river I caught a decent brookies first cast and for some reason felt compelled to ask this old guy if he wanted it
I waided halfway across the river through pretty strong current and offered it to him
He gladly took it then proceed to tell me something about how he's allergic to some preservative that's found in alot of modern store bought food or some shit ( idk the details it was somewhat hard to understand )
But from what I heard he apparently fishes like 5 days a week for food for dinners
And he had been there all day and only had a few rock bass ,

Chatted a bit more and found out his grand son was a CO for the state and some other neat shit
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-03+at+02.30.33).jpg (81KB, 436x403px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-03+at+02.30.33).jpg
81KB, 436x403px
>>807214
>>807218

her rig was literally just a rock in a plastic baggie tied to a mono line

i might bring a small container with me, a tub of worms, and some hooks in case i see her again

i wonder how she cooks the sunfish though, i was always told they weren't good to eat because there's too much bones, but my family always prepares fish in fillets and slicing it into small pieces and adding it to a soup sounds like a good idea
>>
>>807220
I'm assuming a hook as well?
Probably too cheap to buy weights
If I didn't have to clean them I would go out once a week, fill a 5 gallon bucket full of gills and bring fresh fish to homeless shelters, but fuck cleaning all that
>>
>>807220
Also best way to cook panfish it to fillet, skin, boil quickly, then dump in ice water
Serve like shrimp, with cocktail sauce
It's pretty decent (if you like shrimp)
I'm going to try one of my recipies on the smaller fillets to see how t turns out
>>
>>807222

yeah hook too, but no bait

i see asians with these fucking massive ass poles, but they never cast far. what's the intended purpose of these things? my fishing pole is a foot taller than me and i'm 6'0", but these poles are easily twice the size of mine if not more

>>807223

sounds good. most people don't eat anything out of this river and make jokes about it, but the fish ive landed seem pretty healthy and i think the ontarian fisheries people said its fine to eat out of a few times a month. honestly with enough batter and spices im pretty sure most things would taste alright.
>>
>>807226
Bluegill and sunfish are normally pretty damn tasty. And if you eat out of the waters a lot and are worried about heavy metals and all that bullshit, smaller fishin like the sunfish would be better to eat and have less heavy metals than larger pedators like bass, pike, and probably catfish.

And the Asians and Mexicans just got those rods for cheap. They want the biggest, heaviest tackle for the least amount of money because they aren't trying to lose their dinner under any circumstances.
>>
>>807226
I think they think bigger is better
Idk my surf rod with 3 ounce weights it's fun as fuck to cast a mile but for everything freshwater I'm usually using a 7 ft med heavy or my 7ft 6 ultralight

Sometimes a 6 ft 6 but rarley
>>
>>807228
>>807229

figured, the ones with big rods never seem to be able to chill the fuck out and just fish. these two guys were basically yelling at each other the entire time.

also, really getting fucking annoyed by these boats. i needed to buy two pairs of waders (one breathable general use pair and one fully neoprene pair for electrofishing) for my college program, haven't used them but im planning on getting suited up and going to explore this smaller river the boats can't access

some fucking tools literally pulled up with their boat within reach of my line and just sat there yelling to each other with the motor on, staying still, for like 15 minutes

im not exactly a fish expert but loud ass boats flying up and down in front of me doesn't sound like it would exactly entice the fish
>>
>>807239
>Kayak fishing popular section of river
> Fishing steep drop off at sunrise
> Few hours later,
>Still there
> Group of 16-17 year olds show up
> Start jumping right by my line
> Ask if they will go elsewhere
>Ignore me
>Minutes later one of them managed to hook them self in the leg when they jumped right ontop of my line

Oh well
>>
File: image.png (163KB, 900x634px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
163KB, 900x634px
Anybody use popping corks for redfish or snook? Or even bass?
>>
>>807242
I use them occationally for snapper blues
>>
File: YT0oZlp.jpg (374KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
YT0oZlp.jpg
374KB, 1280x855px
>>807241

>hook them self in the leg when they jumped right ontop of my line

kek

>go to my usual spot by the river
>as i turn into the parking lot, see this group of kids walking towards my spot
>get out and start walking
>occupied by four 14 - 16 year olds i saw a few minutes earlier
>go sit somewhere else
>after 10 minutes of fishing with them in my sight, realized they were fucking sharing a single budweiser between the four of them
>get up to find an outhouse and piss
>they throw the beer can on the ground and towards me while trying to hide their faces/look away from me
>one of them says "i think im drunk bro" a few seconds after passing me
>mfw
>>
>>807248
If I was in a worse mood that day I would have started reeling,
Maybe made sure the hook was set
>Wanted to go fishing today
>Garage is too much of a mess

Cleaning all day instead
>>
>>807250
Shoulda tried to haul the fucker in. Record catch for that lake.

And I'm about in the same place. Doin laundry right now and watching some Simpsons. Was supposed to get an oil change done but that probably won't happen along with some other shit. I'll probably try and get out fishing for a couple hours but I'm not sure where I want to go.
>>
>>807262
If there weren't people around I may have tried it

Maybe il get a few hours of fishing in right before sunset
>>
>>807264
It has been so damn hot and humid lately that I'm waiting for it to get a little darker too. With this rain and humidity, I have to drench myself in bug spray at the lake.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I got to see 500 lbs of catfish stocked in a lake near me a few days ago. Going out today to try catching some. Using cut jack mackerel for bait.
>>
>>807272
500 lbs may sound like alot but its not necessarily,
chances are you will have some luck, Most fish cant be transpoted with food in their system, so they have to be held off feed for a week or even more before stocking ( otherwise they stress, Then vomit up their food, Then it fuckes up the water on the trucks, Then fish die ) so most freshly stocked fish are pretty easy to catch
>>
>>807272
>>807277
Forgot to add, Have fun, post some pics, or even make a v ideo
>>
File: bluegills+II++8-4-13.jpg (681KB, 1000x810px) Image search: [Google]
bluegills+II++8-4-13.jpg
681KB, 1000x810px
>>807220
Are you kidding? I'm going fishing for sunfish this week just because they're easy to catch and good for eating. You just have to know how to cook them right.
>Acquire some bluegills, crappies, etc.
>Gut, scale, cut off head. Leave everything else intact, but cut slits down the side every inch or so for better cooking
>Marinade in milk and pepper like catfish for 30 minutes
>make breading of flower, cornmeal, garlic, and either old bay or season salt
>coat both the inside and outside in breading
>Fry in peanut oil 7min on both sides
>Serve with mashed potatoes and beer.
Not the healthiest but they're a treat. Pic related isn't mine but it's how they should look.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2448x2448px
>>807279
I'll be sure to have pics.
>>
>>807226
>i see asians with these fucking massive ass poles, but they never cast far. what's the intended purpose of these things?

It's a crappie fishing rod. They're super long and soft so you can detect subtle strikes
>>
>>807344
All the Asians that I've seen are using serf rods and catching carp lol
>>
>>807035
>be britbong
>want to get into fishing
>find out there's like a dozen different licenses all for different kinds of fish
>no idea what any of it means, I'm a townie with an image in my head of having a quiet day fishing
>plus it's all way too expensive for a license to go fucking fishing
>pretty sure it means I cant just turn up to a lake/river and catch a few fish
>the rigmarole of it all is keeping it as just a romanticised vision in my head
maybe it's better that way, at least then it won't be disappointing
>>
File: image.jpg (683KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
683KB, 3264x2448px
>>807344
Dont give them too much credit

They use the most bang for your buck combos and tackle even if it means using a shorter surf rod since they can use it for anything and it wont break.

There's this one chill japanese dude i pass sometimes. he has his fishing license taped to his sun hat with a trout stamp and i see him fishing for carp all the time and he'll smile and say hi.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ScqczY-Sg

>pepsi will never catch a real fish
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>807363
Nope. Never.
>>
>>807396
Hit the jetty now
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>807399
I was thinkin about it but ended up at the lake. I'm about to go home anyway, I gotta be up at 4am.

I hate fishing Texas rigs with a goddamn cross wind
>>
>>807344

i gotta buy a new rod soon, im using my dads rod and he wants it back soon because our only other rod is this shit stick someone gave him for free (it snapped in three places and the reel is held on by two zip ties)

i actually didn't know fishing rods were pretty cheap - prices at canadian tire were between $20 - $80

anyone have a tldr on rod specifications or what to look for?
>>
How many of you guys smoke or vape? I swear to god every guy fishing I see is either puffing away on an ecig or chainsmoking
>>
>>807412

Seems like a googan thing. I don't.
>>
Well I did it, bros.

Caught a halibut from the surf on my second time fishing. Was out for 5 hours and tried a fancy bass lure, and gulps. Finally had success with a spoon on the receding tide.

Thanks for the help, negroes.
>>
>>807412

Used to smoke a pack a day, haven't in two years

I use an electronic cigarette, but it's not as easy to 'chainvape' since I can't just pop it in my mouth and puff, gotta press a button, so I don't use it much while fishing.
>>
>>807412
Don't smoke,
Don't drink
I just fish
>>
>>807411
What are you trying to do? Just general lake and pond fishing? Do you know the size of the reel and what line you are going to use?
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>807412
I smoke wayyyy too much. I will never vape though, even if it makes quitting 100x easier and costs way less. I have puffed on an ecig but no mouth fedoras for me.
>>
>>807035
So tried out my new reel, pole, and braided line. Never used braided prior to this. So happy I did. Went to a pond I hadn't been to for a while and the banks were full of brush. Would have lost my line a couple times if I didn't have braided. As for what I got? Not a lot. Just two small Largemouth Bass. Not sure if it's just over fished or possibly under fished? Maybe just a bad day because that was all I got on a variety of lures, hooks, etc. Both on some powerbait worms, they always come through for me.
>>
>>807412
I vape, but when I'm fishing or doing anything that requires concentration I have to have a dip in.
>>
>>807419

right now im using a 7' medium action rod, no clue about the reel (it's in my jeep and im too lazy to go out and grab it), but its a combo setup

im using like 20lb braid right now

i fish only in a single river right now, (rideau for those familiar) but moving an hour and a half north or so and will have access to a lot of lakes and the ottawa river (room im renting is a 10 minute walk to the ottawa river out of pembroke, again if anyone is familiar with the area)
>>
>>807228

>...because they aren't trying to lose their dinner under any circumstances.

Ouch...right in the feels man, remembering when I was homeless for a while and trying to fish for my dinner and getting skunked while surrounded by catch & release fishermen just absolutely nailing fish left and right.

Had a big ass pole with thick ass mono an huge hooks. Didn't know shit about fishing...eventually a guy let me have a couple of small hooks and let me re-spool with some 8lb mono, and then caught a nice catfish, I was **so fucking happy**.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>807416
Never doubt the power of the spoon for surf fishing. They can be cast a mile and are effective as fuck.
>>
>>807439
if i didnt have to clean fish i would gladly feed the homeless with fish, But fuck cleaning them

There are ponds that bluegill population i have to cull anyways , and feeding homeless is better than feeding my worms
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>807438
So just go with another ~7' medium weight again. They will have the reccommended lure weights and line weights (probably for mono) on there and figure out what kind of action you like. Also decide if you want 1pc or 2pc. I like 1pc rods but I don't have to pack them in the trunk of a small car so it isn't an issue. And make sure you get the correct one whether you are using a spinning reel or casting reel.

Pic related is about average for regular bass and lake/river fishing. Length is kinda just preference but you will normally be able to cast further with a longer rod. If you think you want to go for catfish or carp that will be close to 10lb, medium-heavy might be the way to go but panfish and small bass won't be any fun on it.

What are you trying to spend?
>>
>>807446
id re4ally like to buy another bass rod with fast, or extra fast action, Ideally 7 ft and medium
>>
>>807412
I smoke. I don't smoke much while fishing though. I like to have both hands free while fishing. Always worried I'll get a hit while lighting my cigarette and then lose something.
>>
>>807447
When I finally get down on another memecaster, I think I'm definitely going to run a 7' rod. I run 6'6" on most of my stuff. And definitely fast or extra-fast.

That Carbonlite is really fast and I can feel everything on it with the braid. My Ugly Stik with the other memecaster is fast action, but it is Ugly Stik "fast" so it has some give but is nice to throw heavy jigs and spinners on.

Every rod brand is a little different though. I think my Fenwick is medium weight and fast action, but the tip on that one is definitely a little slower. I like throwing inlines and stuff on that one.
>>
>>807451
uglys are nice for just flicking lures out since the tip does the work for you, Though i love my st croix,
You like the carbonlite?
>>
>>807454
No complaints about the Carbonlite so far. I got a decent deal on it too, $80 off of $120 so I can't complain. I really want to try out a St. Croix one day though.
>>
>>807460
Theyre nice, mine was going to be junked and neds some stuff to it buti like it alot, Im going to buy another premier my second paycheck $130 ish isnt bad
>>
File: untitled (1 of 15).jpg (562KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
untitled (1 of 15).jpg
562KB, 750x1000px
neighbors came down for the holiday weekend so i took those city slickers out innawater and taught them how to fish.
>>
File: untitled (4 of 15).jpg (536KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
untitled (4 of 15).jpg
536KB, 1000x750px
>>807465
>>
>>807462
I wouldn't hesitate to do another Bass Pro rod either. When I bought my Vendetta, I almost grabbed a Bass Pro Bionic Blade. I also have a Graphite Series which is a $40 rod and that one isn't bad and then one of their cheap $20 ones I grabbed for an old reel I had laying around. Never any issues with them.

I do want to get one of those Shinano Sellus rods one day as well. I really liked the design of the reel seat and how it locks the reel down. Or maybe a nicer Shimano rod. I wouldn't be opposed to another Fenwick either. But St. Croix is St. Croix so you really can't go wrong there.
>>
File: untitled (7 of 15).jpg (509KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
untitled (7 of 15).jpg
509KB, 1000x750px
>>807466
>>
>>807468
Dank
>>
File: untitled (11 of 15).jpg (517KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
untitled (11 of 15).jpg
517KB, 1000x750px
>>807468
>>
File: untitled (12 of 15).jpg (473KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
untitled (12 of 15).jpg
473KB, 1000x750px
>>807470

dat merthiolate

>>807469

you're more than welcome to come out but i doubt you're anywhere near southeast GA
>>
>>807472
Ehh, just a cruise up I-95 for me.
>>
>>807422
White people smoke newports?
>>
>>807467
id really love an okuma helios combo, But shits so expensive, Maybe i could get a slightly cheaper reel
>>
>>807475
Eh, I'll bum them from other people when I run out of camels. Also white.
>>
>>807475

they're great when there's snow on the ground....makes the world minty.
>>
File: HOW IS JIGGY FORMED.png (7KB, 296x526px) Image search: [Google]
HOW IS JIGGY FORMED.png
7KB, 296x526px
>>807412
>>807428
>>807422
>>807475

i vape, but its too much of a hassle to use it while fishing so i just puff away on the drive (smoked/vape for rather unconventional reasons though, not really out of habit)

i dont even know if you can still get menthol cigarettes -legally- here in ontario. our queen nanny premier banned all flavoured tobacco because 'think about the children' reasons, a pack of two backwoods cigars costs $10 at my local convenience store. they've pretty much stocked up but eventually they'll disappear from what i know.

>>807446
>>807451

not sure about price, dad hinted he might give me cash to buy a rod when i leave because he knows im broke and ive been spending all my time fishing this summer (literally scavenging couch change for gear, cant find a job because all these fucking places want students who can work when the semester starts), so probably $50-$80 or so.

would a 1pc be cheaper? getting annoyed with my rod slipping out of its socket, ended up taping it. doesn't need to be packed tightly, my 7' rod fits in my jeep with ease. i dont trust casting too hard on it, so id like a 1pc for to put some muscle into it without worrying about it falling apart on me.

baitcasters look neat, knew this retard who wouldn't shut up about them but i generally didn't listen to anything he said because he rigged jigheads+grubs like pic related and thinks clinch/palomar knots are for 'retards who like to tie knots instead of fish'

needless to say ive never seen him catch anything
>>
>>807446
>1/8 - 1/2 oz. Lure

what if I want to go smaller, like using a 1/32 oz jig with a grub? Why does it specify a minimum lure weight?
>>
>>807486
A good two piece will be almost as good as a good one piece. Buy quality and you'll have no issue. But, since space isn't an issue, I'd go for one piece.

Canucks can't into menthol because of kids? Fuck, that is gay. Further proof America is superior.
>>
>>807491
Too light and it won't cast well.

Too heavy and the rod will bend under the weight which can mess with your ability to detect hits.
>>
>>807486

palomar, only knot I can reliably tie while it's dark.
>>
>>807494
>Too light and it won't cast well.

I'm guessing you mean not as far? I'm on a 6'6" medium action spinning rod/reel with 1/8 oz minimum, and have been casting 1/32 jigs just fine.... but maybe my casts aren't considered "optimal"
>>
>>807486
>pack of two backwoods cigars costs $10

Oh my god you poor soul. How can you roll a decent blunt without backwoods? Backwoods are actually one of the only things besides real cigars I'll smoke sober.
>>
>>807496
Really? Not sure what the hell it's called but it's basically a noose. Can do it with my eyes closed and have never had on fail on my no matter the line used.

>>807499
Pretty much.
>>
I'm staying away from the lake this weekend, but normally this time of year I love night fishing in my float tube in AZ it's so much better without the sun kicking my ass and the water is perfect.
>>
>>807503
>...on fail on my no...
Fuck. That came out retarded. I was trying to say
>...one fail on me no....
>>
>>807507

S'ok I knew what you meant.

>>807501

OH yeah, some backwoods cigars and some JimBeam and cola while catfishing kicks ass.
>>
>>807491
You could go lighter, but if you are running the reccommended line strength, it won't cast very far.

>>807486
1pc and 2pc will normally be the same. And you have a big price range so there will be lots to choose. Like I mentioned earlier, Bass Pro store brand stuff is decent for the money. Otherwise Berkley Lightning Rod Shocks for $40 are some of my new favorite budget rods, I would take that over an Ugly Stik any day. The Fenwick Eagles are $60 (US) and were highly reccommended to me. Grabbed one and haven't had any issues yet. You may want to skip Canadian Tire and go to a larger store with a better fishing section. Bass Pro and Cabela's will have a bunch of different models of rods and for each model they normally have like 50 of them in all different sizes, weights, actions, all that good stuff. You can find a model you like and then find the exact size that will fit your fishing style.
>>
>>807512
>Backwoods
You don't really smoke those with tobacco in them, do you?
>>
New to surf fishing here in California. What I want to know is how you find a good spot. If all the beaches are roughly the same then do they have similar success rates?
>>
>>807516

Yep. The park rangers out here are dicks 'bout weed, even a single seed is a felony here.
>>
I really with more stores had a real layaway. I would probably buy a lot more shit if I could put $150 down every paycheck than pay $300 for something right out. I guess I could just get better at spending money but whatever.

>>807516
Lmao you smoke newports you don't have any room to talk my nigga. Backwoods are the best mass produced cigarillo hands down.
>>
File: 10487134.jpg (1MB, 1075x1508px) Image search: [Google]
10487134.jpg
1MB, 1075x1508px
>>807418
Looks like we are the only pure ones here.

Almost had duck the other day.
>>
>>807412
I don't do anything at all. The most I'll have is a glass of homemade wine, 2-3 times a year, and certainly never while fishing.

For my area, all fishermen smoke, rub, chew, and/or drink alcohol when fishing. Then again, not many people are "fishing" as they are getting away from their poor life choices for a while.
>>
>>807440
It's funny that I got skunked with the fancy bass lures that are always recommended and the berkeley gulps with their lab engineered scent trails.

What was effective? A hunk of metal of with a hook on the end.

>>807521

What part of CA, friend? I'm in Ventura area.
>>
>>807531
we also the only oness with pet bullhead
>>
File: 10386139.jpg (798KB, 1052x1335px) Image search: [Google]
10386139.jpg
798KB, 1052x1335px
>>807540
He looks like he's grown some. Still working on getting him a roommate, I want to get a perch and not some bluegill which I catch 70% of the time. Was also thinking of a pleco as a tank cleaner.
>>
>>807541
dont add a dity invasive, keep tanks great
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-02+at+01.46.11).jpg (102KB, 455x378px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-02+at+01.46.11).jpg
102KB, 455x378px
>>807492
>>807501
>>807531

our premier so out of touch with reality it's insane. nevermind that i can go buy a bottle of cotton candy bubblegum dumbdumb vodka at the liquor store. there was some shit about banning hookah bars in my city to 'protect the health of the workers of the establishments'

where the fuck do they think they're going to work when the city shuts down their workplace to 'protect their health'? do they think these people didn't fucking think they would be around smoke when they applied to work at a fucking hookah bar?

nobody back in high school even smoked menthols, they all go fiending the fuck out for a fresh pack of bellies for to hack darts rapid fire until they run out

blunts are great, its a shame our provincial mommy has to make our wallets bleed for them. completely fucked up when your rolling material costs more than your weed.

provincial liquor store and "the beer store", which is literally a oligopoly between the largest brewing companies in the world all have their hands deep up her ass. she's been calling for weed to be sold exclusively at the liquor stores since legalization has been a topic.

>>807531

these cute fuckers were huddling around my legs when i was setting my line up at a picnic table, once they realized i was attached to my legs, they waddled off while their mom was honking at me, cute as fuck desu. geese are cunts though
>>
>>807544
It's okay hat. One day we'll need your territory and then we'll bring you into the embrace of freedom.

Speaking of animals, had deer sneak up on me yesterday while fishing. Just casting along and then I hear this big snort, look over my shoulder and I see a doe with a fawn. They stare for a second then the doe sprints off while the fawn jumps straight in the pond. Jumped right out of course but still funny as hell.
>>
>>807147
Based. Do you ever eat what you catch?
>>
>>807542
Perch are invasive? Didn't know. Guess I'll have to settle for a bluegill.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Caught this big fucker in Alaska last week. Did I do good /out/?
>>
>>807474

no joke? we should get a little /out/ fishing expedition sometime then.

i'm about 45 minutes from I95 in GA. idk if it's known where you stay so i'll respect your privacy.
>>
>>807574

looks good to me.

so i only handle bass and small sunfish without teeth, how do you guys handle toothy fish? with a leather glove or some shit?
>>
>>807523
I've never been able to roll a blunt with backwoods. Swishers or white owls are all I ever use. But I haven't rolled up a blunt in years, those are too wasteful. But I'll happily smoke one when there's a black person is around.

>>807541
Plecos are great for keeping your tank clean. And get some feeder minnows for Mr nibbles. My buddy kept a largemouth, bluegill, and bullhead in a tank for a while and fed them with minnows. The catfish did work on those things during the night.
>>
File: 19301858.jpg (806KB, 1037x1350px) Image search: [Google]
19301858.jpg
806KB, 1037x1350px
>>807583
Will likely get him a bluegill buddy when i go fishing in a few hours, will definitely get a pleco from Walmart on the way back. Kinda worried that Sir Nibblesworth will eat the pleco when he grows up some more.
I'm cheap when it comes to food though, I been using leftover worms from fishing, worms I catch after it rains and pellets. Might try minnows though.
>>
>>807583

if you're a poorfag and smoke taters, the bet thing you can do if you do smoke cigs as well is just to pack a cigarette. spliff that shit and you're good to go. smoke a little bit of herb mixed into your cig and get high as hell my nig, while everybody assumes you're just smoking a cig.

sadly i can't smoke due to work. a little weed goes a long way. pipes are obviously the better alternative but that defeats the purpose of removing all evidence.

>>807590

so i'm a few weeks new here and it has occured to me in the past to have pet fish.....interesting. write up a FAQ on that shit later on.
>>
>>807356

TL;DR: go for it anon

Anon, that sucks, bruh. Push through the red tape. You might find it not to be your thing. But let me tell you, even as a guy who doesn't like fishing that much, if it is your thing it is worth whatever the hassle. There are days where the line will break every time or the fish are in another pond. And then there are days where it all falls together and it's a relaxing bit of quiet with a tasty meal at the end. You'll be planning all week for the end of business Friday to hop a train or take a horse drawn carriage, whatever you Brits do to get somewhere, to get out to a river or lake and just fish.
>>
>>807548
I sometimes eat a striper, rockfish, or other tasty fish but I release most of what I get.
>>
>>807416
Glad to hear it. You make me want to try for halibut this year.
>>
>>807199
>met this old asian woman at the dock, said literally the same three things over and over again to me ('u big fish', 'good eat, good eat', 'boat not good fish')

Fishing is serious business for Asians.

I love going to the reservoir when the white bass are running and seeing a family with a dozen rods along the bank. Constantly moving, re-baiting, casting, catching fish. It's a full on operation.

I want to fish like that.
>>
>>807604

fucking chinks mass produce and mass operate everything they do.
>>
>>807412
>How many of you guys smoke or vape? I swear to god every guy fishing I see is either puffing away on an ecig or chainsmoking

I hookah, but only if I'm already just hanging out by the water and not really out to fish.
>>
>>807447
I just got an ugly stik gx2 memecast rod. 7', 2 piece, fast action. It's what I got those rockfish on and it's a great rod, casts well etc. if you're looking to go cheap it's what I recommend.
>>
>>807578
>how do you guys handle toothy fish? with a leather glove or some shit?

Gloves, grab them by the gills, or use a lipper. Lippers are useful for lots of fish, especially keeping a hold on big catfish.
>>
>>807604

My dad started hanging out with a guy who was Korean. Apparently, he only fishes one side of the lake, because "those stinking Vietnamese" fish the other side. I knew Koreans/Chinese/Japanese could hold grudges against one another, but I didn't know about any Vietnamese/Korean issues.
>>
>>807491
When you cast, the rod flexes and then straightens, helping to fling the lure. Picture using a pool cue as a rod and how bad your casts would be. Too light lure, no flex, too heavy stresses the rod material.
>>
>>807562
He means the pleco. Don't really need it. If you have algae problems that usually means too much nutrients (waste). Algae eaters just treat the symptoms.
>>
>>807593
I smoke with a pipe. I'm not supposed to smoke either due to work policy. I just keep a container of synthetic pee nearby and there's nothing to worry about. I keep a pouch of that strapped around my waist at all times at work.
>>
South Korea was the second largest foreign military force (after the U.S.) that fought for the south in Vietnam. Apparently they were merciless in dealing with the Vietnamese.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160704-010805.png (248KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160704-010805.png
248KB, 1440x2560px
>>807610
'Nam man.
>>
>>807562
i was referring to the pleco,
i have a perch in my pond too ( though my big bullhead has been bullying it so i may release it where i caught it
>>807607
nah , looking for zomething higher end maybe 80-$150
>>
Today I should really stop home and grab a rod. I need to run around and grab money for NSF checks from people and lots of them are restaurants that won't be open til like noon.

>>807577
I'm in South Florida, like Fort Lauderdale so that would be a little trek for me. I was just kidding.

>>807590
I'll send you a pleco. There are so many of them in some lakes. It may be like 18" though. I wish I could catch them on a rod and reel.

>>807523
>not Black & Milds
>>
>>807725
Saves me 17,000 hours in the photo editot
>>
File: image.jpg (436KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
436KB, 1080x1920px
My DIY spoon. Exact shape and contour of a Colorado blade. Other side is silver.

Made it out of earrings from the dollar store.
>>
>>807604
I would ban all fresh off the boat illigal asian immigrants from fishing piers if I could. The only reason you see so many of them on piers is because they can't get fishing licenses. They're loud, obnoxious and suck the fun out of my fishing trip by crossing my line every other cast.
>>
must go yakking...
>>
>>807729
Murica
>>
>>807731

how do you get a fishing license where you are?

literally any store that sells fishing stuff can print you out a fishing license + outdoors card (you need this to hunt/fish in ontario) for like $25
>>
>>807748
I'm guessing maybe they are illegal and can't get a fishing license because they don't have a legit ID or DL.
>>
>>807748
You need to have a social security number to get a fishing license in the US
>>
>>807749
>>807750

>SIN number for a fishing license

ah, makes more sense now

here you just need to give them like any form of ID, thats about it

hell i didn't even give her mine, she just asked my eye colour and height
>>
File: 1452464849067.png (91KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
1452464849067.png
91KB, 600x439px
>>807751
>>807749
>>807748
who /lifetime fishing licence/ here? Feels good man.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2799x2451px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2799x2451px
Just had an absolute dinosaur of a snapping turtle clobber my scum frog. I battled it to the shore for about 10 mins but when I went to land it and unhook it he started thrashing and ripped the skirt and hooks right out of the body of the frog. I never even got a pic of him :( I'll be back snappy
>>
>>807785
That's truly the way to go. I asked my father when I was a kid to get me lifetime fishing-hunting license. Instead he got me a fucking lifetime NRA membership for 3 times as much. So, now I'm on some official round-up and execute list should things go south.

Thanks dad....I guess.

If any of you have kids, go ahead and get lifetime licenses for them ASAP. It is super cheap then.
>>
>>807790
Yea my dad got me the sportsman license for me as a kid right before they jacked the price of it. I think he only spent like $450 and now they just mail me my license at the beginning of every year with all of my hunting and fishing tags
>>
>>807793
Based dad.
>>
>>807793
>>807790
>>807785
>tfw it costs over $800 now for adult and over 400 for infant.

In the 1980s it was only $150 for infant and $200 something for adult.
>>
>>807797
how much is it a year now?
>>
>>807785
FL saltwater from shore is free, freshwater is $17, and saltwater from boats is another $17. And it's good for a full calendar year so if I buy it in July, I don't need a new one the next spring.
>>
>>807785
Once I go to college and get a real job I probably will. I would really like to do the combined hunting&fishing, but that one is like $1800 here so idk
>>
>>807803
That's the one that I have, got it when i was 7 so it was cheap af. didn't realize how insane it was until I turned 16
>>
>>807799
$75 for combo hunting-fishing and required extra stamps. A lifetime combo license is like 11 years worth of combos and stamps if the price was a fixed rate.

If you are a retired infant veteran you get massive discounts and it costs like $5 for lifetime everything.
>>
File: 1467652598020-2095203738.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1467652598020-2095203738.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>tfw biggun acts like he wants to die so throw him on the stringer and now he won't stop thrashing

I was going to let you go but you were acting like a faggot so now I'm keeping you until I leave for the day.
>>
>>807854
Don't torture the fish, just let it go. It probably started thrashing because it's got that shit rubbing against its gills
>>
It's pretty dang rare that I fap on out but that op pic does everything right. Anyone else central Texas here? Lakes are still all flooded and closed locally, killing me.
>>
Stupid question from a new fisherman here. When I buy a Licence from Walmart or an outdoors store, do I get it right then or do I have to have it delivered to an address?
>>
>>807861
you get it right then.
>>
>>807861
You'll get it there

>>807859
>Lakes are still all flooded and closed locally
Psh that's even better, roads are now free boat ramps my nigga. Get out there and fish.
>>
>>807862
Will an ID be enough or should I bring my SSN?
>>
>>807868
What state are you in? Either way, just bring your ID or DL. You don't need your SS Card. I don't remember ever giving them my SSN, but if I did I'm sure I just read it to them.

And they have a machine that prints it out right there. No picture or anything crazy, just this slightly laminated paper with some DNR logos.
>>
>>807856
>Don't torture the fish, just let it go.

unfortunately your words won't work on people who are fucking weirdos and weren't raised right.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>807879
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 476x713px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 476x713px
>>807859
And 4u...
http://www.missytarrington.com/swimsuit_model/portfolio.htm
>>
>>807882
but your doing a good thing by killing the sneks you catch, its different. Keeping a bass strung up because it 'acted like a faggot' is pretty down right retarded
>>
File: 183131259.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
183131259.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Was catching bluegill nonstop today until the illegal mexican brigade showed up and started taking all muh fish.
Was pretty happy seeing gill jump out the water to attack this crickhopper.
I even got a small gill that will be Sir Nibblesworths roommate.
>>
>>807882
peps, awould you be interested in a 7 ft mojo castin g rod and a 7.0::1 quantum accurist?
>>
File: 6433528.jpg (55KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
6433528.jpg
55KB, 600x413px
>>807888
why do all the American minorities act like such degenerates when it comes to fishing. Asians, blacks, Latinos.. they all act like they are fishing to stay alive and kill everything they catch. Thank fucking god i live in a rural northern area of the country
>>
>>807725
You better use this peps.
>>
>>807890
This literally happened to me except there were 8 of them. My Spanish isn't good but I know they were talking about me when I heard the word "gringo"
>>
test
>>
>>807891
It got deleted...

I saved it though.

>>807889
Baitcaster? That sounds enticing, but isn't that Accurist the scary model where lots of people had problems? Or just the spinning reel?
>>
>>807904
idk ive only heard good things about it, John skinner uses one so its gud, im assuming its only the spinner
i may buy a setup like that but am slightly worried i wilo get fristrated with memecaster
>>
>>807890
I'm glad I don't fish in places other people frequent and live in a homogeneous community. The worst thing I have to deal with are deer flies and sweat bees. The horse flies I catch and use as bait.
>>
>>807889
>7 ft mojo castin g rod
What specs
>>
>>807904
>>807891
It can't be used because it is against global rules.
>>
>>807909
7' medium power and fast action. One piece.
>>
>>807905
I forget, you are the one who has never memecasted.

It's not that difficult. If you buy the thing, you will want to hang on to it. If not, give it to me. But it took me awhile to really start using my baitcasters and now I really like them for most bass lures. I'm even starting to go down on weights and throwing 1/4oz stuff on 30lb braid pretty damn far. I would never get anywhere close casting the same lures and line on a spinning setup.
>>
>>807914
If peps decides he doesn't want it I'd be interested
>>
>>807912
Why is this board so uptight?

>>807914
You should def do it and then sell it to me for $50.
>>
>>807915
i have, just dont do it feaquentlyenough
>give,
maybe sell for cheap,
>>
>>807920
So you own it already or you are thinking about buying that setup?
>>
>>807918
>>807919
i think im going to pick it up for myself and practice with it, Then if i decide the meme life isnt for me then maybe i woud try to sell it and get $100 for rod and reel , or something like that
>>
>>807912
Why is it against the global rules? It's literally a were-salmon. I don't know about you but I find it hilarious that someone would even think of that.
>>
>>807922
thinking about buying
>>
>>807919
>Why is this board so uptight?

I was just telling you why it was deleted.

>>807924
It is considered part of the "furry" stuff. Even if you use the letters "fur" in your new post's subject it will not be allowed to be bumped and will fall of the board. At least, it used to be like that. Not sure if that still occurs. I learned it because on >>>/diy/ I made like 3 threads about smelting and metalcasting and each thread had "furnace" in the subject title and "furnace" contains "fur" in the word.

>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, macro image replies, indecipherable text (example: "lol u tk him 2da bar|?"), anthropomorphic ("furry") or grotesque ("guro") images, post number GETs ("dubs"), or loli/shota pornography.

>anthropomorphic ("furry")
>>
>>807925
>>807923
Sounds like a decent setup. Depends what you're fishing for too, but if you end up doing a lot of bass fishing, I think you will like once you get comfortable. Even if you don't like it the first week or two, just force yourself to keep fishing with it and eventually you will probably love the thing for 1/4oz-1oz bass lures.

I really want to setup another memecaster soon. I wish I wasn't so shitty with finances and could actually save money.
>>
>>807929
>weresalmon
>fur

It's not furry. Not even close.
>>
>>807930
>I wish I wasn't so shitty with finances and could actually save money.

>tfw I have dindu tier spending habits too
>>
>>807930
If i get it and dont like it would you take it for 100 plus shipping?
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 727x727px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 727x727px
>>807929
Except that it wasn't furfaggotry. And somebody was uptight enough to report it.
>muh precious slow board /out/

>>807932
Exactly. I spend way too much on cigs and dumb shit too.

>>807933
I'm sure I couldn't refuse that. But hopefully you get on the memecaster train and don't want to sell it.
>>
>>807936
i mean its a $100 reel and a 120 plus rod, , plus i may even spool it up with powedr pro for you
>>
>>807931
>>807936
>anthropomorphic

Learn what that word means.
>>
Haven't been fishing lately but have a neat story from the last time I was in Florida

>Daytona Beach area
>Almost dark, just fishing off shore waiting for something to bite
>Suddenly, water around me explodes
>massive shoal of sardines all around me all of a sudden, only 10 feet or so off the beach.
>can actually reach into the water and start picking them up in handfuls
>do just that, get a nice bucket of bait
>start casting sardines out at the edges of the shoal, getting huge bites but whatever is just taking my bait, hook size is wrong
>Fuck it, tie on a plain old silver spoon
>Drag it through the shoal and wham
>Bluefish, bluefish everywhere
>Every cast is a decent sized bluefish
>Catch at least 25 blues, only kept 2 since I didn't know the limit

As a northerner who's bulk fishing experience is small freshwater lakes, that shit blew my mind.
>>
File: nofun.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
nofun.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>807944
>being this buttravaged over a funny picture
>going as far as to report it
>>
>>807945
Bluefish are super entertaining.
>>
>>807947
I didn't report, I don't give a shit. I'm just relaying info to you. If you don't want to get banned, learn what the rules are. For all we know a janitor or mod might be a top fishermen/poster in these threads. Take your /b/ shit back to >>>/b/ kid.
>>
i got a total tackle TT-662MS-X, specs being;

>6'6", 2-PC medium action spinning rod
>line weight of 6-14lbs, lure weight of 1/4 - 5/8 oz

when i use a carolina rig, my rod bends down a bit

the setup is just egg sinker with a red glass bead to a barrel swivel, then some leader line to a 4/0 hook and a fake worm, or a gold spoon (not sure of the size, its about as big as my thumb)

like every three casts, the egg sinker/bead/swivel get tangled

it also feels very tense to reel in, like its 'thick' or something, like instead of reeling through water, im reeling through pudding

im using 10lb test braid

what could be the problem here?
>>
I'm really thinking about getting that quantum smoke, but like I need stuff for the boat.

>>807955
What oz weight are you using? Sounds like it's just a little heavy.

>>807930
My favorite is a half ounce jig on that MH with the STX. I can cast that thing a mile.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 318x469px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 318x469px
>>807944
Fucking furfags ruin everything

>>807955
The tangling shit is just annoying. That happens to me with split shots and bobbers. Just the way it is tumbling in the air and landing. The only thing I can think of is what I do with inlines when it is windy: just before the lure is going to land in the water, stop the line in the air. It will stop your cast like a foot short but will straighten everything out before it hits the water and it won't get all tangled.

And the resistance sounds like you are running through that underwater muck. Or maybe mud. But you will normally know when the rig comes out of the water and that stringy algae is all over it. Otherwise that weight is just kinda heavy for the rod, not a big deal if the rod isn't super stiff.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What is this type of jig for?
>>
>>807958

1/4 ounce egg sinker

i've had no luck except the sunfish i caught earlier with the old asian woman, any attempt at using either a texas/carolina rig has been pretty bad. it doesn't help that i cant cast too hard on this rod or it just splits into two pieces.

>>807964

yeah the rod is pretty flimsy, ill try stopping it in the air

should i even be casting directly from the shore anyway? the panfish were caught literally just by throwing my bobber out two feet from a dock and waiting a minute or so, but trying the carolina rig feels like im just scraping shit off the bottom. id try going weightless but the weight of the lure isn't going to get me very far with the amount of wind im stuck in.

how should i be reeling it in anyway? should i be reeling in steadily, stopping, or just letting it sit around?
>>
>>807971

a little electrical or duct tape fixes that 2 piece rod problem.
>>
>>807976

already done, was just thinking that if the thing breaks apart from being casted more than a few feet it probably wasn't meant to be casted that far anyway
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>807971
Texas rigs are normally on the bottom and really slow. I cast the Texas rig out, let it sink to the bottom, reel up the slack, and then using the rod tip you kinda twitch the worm or whatever along the bottom. I probably move it 6"-12" each time I move the rod tip, let it drop to the bottom again, wait a second or three depending on the fish, and repeat.

In the evenings, I have been having luck in the typical spots with Texas rigged stuff. I will go right along drop-offs or on the outer (deeper) edge of weed beds. Dawn and dusk, the bass will be hanging out around there looking for stray bait fish or whatever creeps out of the weeds or shallow areas.

When it is hot and sunny during the day with the Texas rigs, I just huck them out deep with the 1/2oz bullet weights. But I keep moving on days like that because you kinda have to search for the lazy bass.
>>
>>807978
Do you take the 2pc rod apart a lot for storage? If not, just glue that fucker. Otherwise if it is a cheap rod, maybe think about upgrading. There are a lot of decent rods for $40-$60.
>>
>>807980
>>807981

nice fish, thanks for the advice

these stupid fucking river lockstations have really shit access to areas unless you have a boat, so im going to just get my waders on and explore a secondary back channel boats cant access since its got a lot of shallow areas i can walk around in but tonnes of deep drop off points

i cant glue the rod though, im borrowing it from my dad until i get one myself. it's just something he bought from canadian tire a year or two ago, so im looking at rods right now

place im moving to got a lot of lakes and a large river filled with pigs, ice fishing is big too.
>>
>gut hook a tiny shit bluegill but can't just throw a hook in him because game warden may come fuck my ass hardcore

Waste of a fish. At least maybe the big ones will smell blood and come.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>807983
Ahh you are that anon.

Make sure you are fishing at the right times too. In the summer, bass fishing is best right around sunset or real early in the AM.

And for those Texas rigs, are you doing worms or what? And what color? Maybe you should try a different style of soft plastics. A lot of times, the lizards and brush hogs do much better for me than regular worms. The bass love seeing those dangling legs, tails, and claws popping up from the mud or grass on the bottom. And sometimes I do well with the bright chartruese stuff while other times the dark colors like junebug will catch a ton.
>>
>>807966
Ice fishing
>>
>>807986
You can't use gills for bait?
>>
File: LG PERCH.png (1MB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
LG PERCH.png
1MB, 900x1600px
What a school of a few hundred Lake George Yellow Perch looks like...
>>
>>807988

two different worms, one is is a dark brown/blackish colour with lots of sparkly glitter pieces in it, the other are these scented worms with tails that smell like the filthiest dog food you can imagine, half is black and half is green

ive been using fishingreminder.com for my times, not sure how accurate it is but it just gives me a timeframe to go out for anyway
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>807997
For sure. Dusk is always still the best time for bass for me. That is when I get them to come up from the deep spots and hang out near the dropoffs and weed beds and it is so much easier when shore fishing.

And the worms should work when you find the right spots, but in the future if you want to try something new for the Texas rigs, I still reccommend creature baits like Zoom's Baby Brush Hogs or 4"-6" lizards. For $3-$4, you can't go wrong.

>>807996
That's a bad thunderstorm right there
>>
>>807991
As far as I know in Illinois you can't bait with game fish except for minnows.
>>
Anyone care to fill me in on what was goin on while i was away?
I will attempt to be here more. Gotta start fishing again, but the afternoon summer wind makes me so fucking mad.
>>
>>808012
Skid freaked out and left.
>>
>>808013
wot
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>808015
He'll be back

I finally caught a few peacocks
>>
>>808016
But why?
jk thats nice. They look fine, but not tasty lookin.

Im getting the outboard fixed for my lil boat, hopefully will do some trolling and not-shore fishing this fall.
>>
File: IMG_20160621_083551.jpg (66KB, 306x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160621_083551.jpg
66KB, 306x408px
Caught this last week.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 640x277px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 640x277px
>>808010
>pic related
At least you'll know for next time.
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>808021
Idk, look like 2 threads ago. He told everybody he was a furry a few weeks ago and that ruined a thread (not necessarily him, but everybody replying) and then like a week ago went on a rant about how he hates life and all this and he is either lurking now or committed sudoku.

>>808022
It wasn't right off that dock, was it? I really want to land a few catfish but I'm not sure what is even around here. If they are around, I'm suprised I haven't hit one on a Texas rig.
>>
Been nearly a month. Fished at least twice a week. Still no fish just one bite. But that ain't hurting my damn morale.

Also, is it possible that a weight can hinder distance. My father purchased a fishing rod yesterday it was about a foot longer than mine. When I casted it I couldn't get much distance. I'm going to try lowering the weight today if it still doesn't cast long I will return it. I was using a 4oz pyramid sinker out in brooklyn
>>
>>808032
Yeah it was. The fucker cut right and was pulling against the boathouse pylon for about 15 minutes. They are all over the place in NC
>>
>>808044
Maybe if the weight is too heavy for the rod, it isn't flicking it just right. Somebody described that earlier when talking about lures that are too light for the rod.

>>808045
Crazy. I wouldn't expect that right off the dock.
>>
File: 12243972.jpg (39KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
12243972.jpg
39KB, 640x460px
>>808057
Catfish are everywhere in NC.
Lake Gaston has monster blues, they've caught 3 monsters like this in just the past 7 months.

>>808045
What lake NC bro?
>>
>>808057
It's a 15-30lb mono rod 10ft two piece. Using 17lb mono and a 4oz pyramid sinker on a fish finder with striped bass chunk rig and a bunker head on the hook
>>
>>808070
What's the weight rating on the rod?

I mean the only real way to find out is to try casting some other weights. You gotta find that sweet spot where the rod flexes just enough during a cast. I can fish with a medium weight bass rod rated for 1/8oz to 1oz and sometimes that will launch 3/8oz cranks better than a 1oz jig. Rods are all a little different in action and weight.
>>
Caught my first fish today - a 2lb small mouth. How the hell do you get the hook out when the barb prevents it? I finally got it out of the lip but I feel like there's an easy trick I'm missing.

Also what do you guys think about removing or crimping down barbs entirely? I guess it could make you miss a few fish a year but I bet it makes hook removal way easier, and less dmg done to the fish you release
>>
>>808067
Normam
>>
>>808082
Norman*
>>
>>808081
If you just wiggle the hook a little and then firmly yank it out, it is normally easy enough to get out of a bass. I rarely even need the pliers for bass. You can clamp the barbs before you even cast if you want, but you may lose a couple fish. You can also clamp the barb while it is in the fish if they are being stubborn. That's assuming the barb is poking out the other side of the jaw or wherever.
>>
>>808084
>If you just wiggle the hook a little and then firmly yank it out, it is normally easy enough to get out of a bass.

hah I thought I was trying that but maybe I didn't muscle it enough, I was super concerned about fucking up the fish. As I catch more I know I'll get desensitized but right now I'm trying to be all careful and shit lol
>>
>>808083
To far for me, I don't like to travel far to fish. I live closer to Durham so Jordan lake is the closest major lake to me.
I hear Norman is one of the best bass fishing lakes in the state.
>>
>>808098
I lost about an 8 pounder last Wednesday night. Made me sick to my stomach
>>
>>808090
Ehh, when you get them in the lip and stuff, it doesn't hurt them. Fish have a primitive nervous system. Sometimes you will hook them in the tongue and they will bleed a bit but they will be fine.

Worst is when you gut hook them. Rarely happens for me fishing lures but I had it happen for the first time in years like a week ago. Sometimes you can finesse it out, but sometimes it is just too deep and you're better off just cutting the line and letting the thing go instead of getting frustrated and stressing it out more.
>>
>>808101
do you or have you tried fishing with barbless hooks? I know in some places the regulations require them removed for certain types of fish.

I can see how it would allow a fish to get off more, although I'm guessing they won't get loose every single time so long as there's tension on the line...jumping out of the water would probably free them though
>>
>>808118
I have crushed a few barbs to get hooks out of fish so I'm sure I have. It will make a difference, especially if you are fighting with them a bit and they are jumping. But if you can keep the line tight the whole time and they don't really run on you, I'm sure it won't be too bad.

Depends what fish you are hooking too. Largemouth can shake themselves off a hook fairly easy because all the skin is so thin and even with the barbs they don't catch very well. Snakeheads fight hard but I have never had one shake a hook loose since they have pretty thick skin all around their mouths. Same with catfish. So I imagine crushing the barbs may make less of a difference with bass fishing compared to catfish and other stuff like that since the barbs can actually grab something on cats.
>>
>>808125
do you use gloves with a catfish? I always hear about people getting stabbed by their fins and bleeding like a stuck pig
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>808133
I never have. I don't catfish a ton though. But for bullheads I would just slide my hand up from behind and never got stuck. And if channel cats are too large to hold with one hand, I set them on the ground and hold them the same way.

Cats normally don't squirm a ton. Most fish won't once you have them out of water and get a good grip. So if you are smart about where you hold them and make sure you are hanging on to them, you shouldn't get stuck.

Just realized I lipped the guy in this pic, kek.
>>
Do they still make spinning reels with the gate lift lever? I'm looking for pretty much this feature specifically and maybe when you back reel it locks at the top. Any body know of a reel with these features?
>>
>>808140
I was wondering how bad catfish were because I had my thumb bleeding earlier from a small mouth bite - their little teeth feel like a cat's tongue or sandpaper. Now I know to grab the bottom jaw and hold em out, I'm guessing that keeps them from closing down the top jaw on you
>>
>>808142
>gate lift lever
Are you talking about the lever for your index finger that lifts the bail open?
>>
>>808148
Yes
>>
waders are so fucking comfy boys
>>
>>808166
If you want some i have two old Shakespeare s that have them , maybe even a third, though they're on my backup rods currently
>>808170
Depends what kind
Cabellas are alright
Frog togs suck absolute dick and I hope they all burn
Herters are great

Provided you stay warm/cool enough
>>
Weresalmon OP must happen.
>>
so my trolling motor went from running fine one moment and not working at all the next. battery has good charge. cables unlikely. i'm thinking brushes but no idea if i can get those parts.

it's a 55 lb thrust model. iirc it's a prowler which i believe bass pro sells.

the high end minn kota 55 lb models are in the 300 dollar range but might end up being my best option.

buying a gas motor is out of my budget for right now.
>>
File: 20131201_b9e4d8.jpg (48KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
20131201_b9e4d8.jpg
48KB, 400x400px
>>808177
Do wader boots stay dry? They look like they have laces so I would assume they take up water like any shoe
>>
>>808220

yeah, they do, but not much since most waders have gravel shields on the bottom

doesnt really matter since the waders have a foot piece anyway to keep your feet dry and warm
>>
I'm not really sure why I tried to fish he main lake today. I knew the douches on jetskis would be out and I still went.

Then I was fishing in the spillway and I get my spinnerbait right up next to me, and the biggest bass I've ever seen in person takes my lure and runs the drag like it was nothing. I was just about to pop him up to shore when the fucker got off. That's the closest I've ever come to throwing my rod in the water.
>>
I hate fishing sets but honestly this looks like it wouldn't even be that bad of a deal if only for the spoons and plugs. I'd use atleast like 75% of this crap.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluenet-Fishing-Including-Plastic-Rattlin/dp/B00LVQ73XO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467691393&sr=8-2&keywords=fishing
>>
>>808067
That looks like a normie version of Chris chan
>>
>>807603
Do it, faggot
>>
File: 500-18.jpg (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
500-18.jpg
12KB, 500x500px
how the hell do you even fish with spoons?
>>
File: p73_434.jpg (90KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
p73_434.jpg
90KB, 1000x1000px
Has anyone tried the Rebel Crickhopper, Crickhopper Popper, or any of the Rebel minnows? I've been wanting some good topwater lures but these are $5+ a piece. Supposedly they're the best but I'm skeptical of Amazon reviews that are written by bots
>>
>>808309
I used my crickhopper for the first time yesterday and I was getting strikes all day, works great.
See>>807888
That's a nice 11 inch gill, he didn't even bite the hooks but I still got him because the hooks are so sharp all he had to do was brush against it.

I will say one thing though, while I was getting tons of strikes I didn't get as many fish as I thought I could have. Some fish would just miss it and go for it again and miss again. Eventually I think those fish just gave up.
>>
>>808322
Ok yeah I thought they were for panfish but I've read people catching 5lb bass on them. You think those people put on larger treble hooks or would the default hooks work for a bass that size?
>>
>>808326
Might want to get bigger trebles if you're going for bass, but if you're going for bass I'd just use a hula popper or frog for a topwater lure.
>>
>>808327
Cool thank ya
There's so many "famous" topwater lures I want to get but they're like 7 bucks a piece, yeesh

>crickhopper
>jumpin minnow
>jitterbug
>hula popper
>frog

gotta collect 'em all
>>
>>807888
>illegal mexican brigade showed up and started taking all muh fish

Fishing in Oklahoma this weekend and all the illegal Texas Mexicans came up for the 4th - about 30 of them on a fishing pier where there's usually 2 people and none of them spoke English.

Here's what pissed me off most - they throw trash on the ground when there's a trash can right there. This is the 4th or 5th time I've experienced Mexicans in a park littering way more than the average person and it makes me wonder if the citizens are a reason Mexico is considered "shitty". I was a National Park one day and saw a fat Mexican woman with 5 kids dropping a dirty diaper in the parking lot when there was a dumpster 15 feet from her car. WTF

/end prejudice rant
>>
>>808329
There are some good deals on them.

http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Pradco-Arbogast-Jitterbug-Hula-Popper-Triple-Threat-Pack&i=451382&r=view&cvsfa=2586&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=343531333832&gclid=CLbeloDi280CFdhahgodqkMIxg

And

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rebel-Topwater-Hardbait-4-Pack/17619366

>>808332
Notice all the trash in the background of that pic? All of it is the mexicans trash.
>>
Guys, how do I get over feeling guilty about wanting to catch fish? I know I'm a huge faggot for thinking they're in pain, but how do I get over it.
>>
File: 19379281.png (60KB, 469x246px) Image search: [Google]
19379281.png
60KB, 469x246px
>>808344
Got a friend just like you, I sat down and showed him how to kill and clean a fish. He was willing to do it after I showed him it wasn't so bad.

Circle marks the spot where you end their life the fastest and most humanely.
>>
File: 20160704_200016.jpg (567KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160704_200016.jpg
567KB, 1920x1080px
Caught this bastard in the pond when I was going for crappie. Was ome hell pf a fight on the ultra light. Caught a somewhat smaller one on a live bluegill. Pretty good day.
>>
>>808166
I have 2 older Quantums with them, but I haven't seen it on any reels in a few years. They piss me off because they don't have an instant anti-reverse.

>>808212
I'm thinkin about it, but I don't want some cunt to report it and get the whole thread deleted.
>>
>>807226

226* funny cause ontario area code ya feel? What river you talking about anon - I fish all over SW and NE Ontario
>>
>>808220
95% of the waiders I have used are boot foot not stocking foot, just since they're faster to use and easier to keep track of
>>
>>808332
Start callingthe conservation officers, and or the police
5-8 years ago my town had a rel problem with folks from the city coming to our river on the weekend, being loud and obnoxious , leaving trash everywhere etc

Enough people complained, so the police now somewhat regularly stop by the area, have any unregistered vehicles towed, and kick out anyone being too terrible

Since this has started the river has cleaned up pretty nicely to be honest
>>
File: Cyprinus_carpio.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Cyprinus_carpio.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
I want to try catching some carp in this little shallow creek off the Detroit river. I've never fished for carp before, but I was there the other day targeting bass and saw nothing but decent sized carp. I don't really have any specialized carp fishing tackle, will this rig work: braid on a spinning reel with a fluoro leader, a small float, a small hook with a wad of earthworms on it, and a small weight on the tag end. I'm hoping this will keep the worm wad suspended slightly above the bottom without getting pulled by the current. Any tips appreciated.
>>
>>808372

613 reporting in (ottawa valley)

fishing the rideau river
>>
>>808391

i've got both

prefer stockingfoot though, feels more comfy but i dont wear socks with them

i got a pair of boot foot ones for electrofishing, haven't tried them out in the water yet but apparently they get hot as fuck
>>
>>808418

*they got hot as fuck because they're made of neoprene

sorry if that was confusing, breathable waders should not have you sweating balls

has anyone here actually done legal electrofishing?

i have no clue what to expect, my college program has a course called Field Certs. which runs throughout the entire program, you pass it by getting a certain amount of certifications, one of them being electrofishing

waders were like $50 on sale so i grabbed them as a backup pair regardless if i do electrofishing
>>
>>808411

I catch carp in great lakes tributaries all the time (essentially same water and species as the detroit) swap the worms out for a wad of corn crammed on a circle hook, everything else is perfect. Can throw corn out to chum as well if you want.
>>
Has anybody fished any of the streams in the Smoky Mountains before? I'm going to Gatlinburg in a couple of weeks and I'm still debating on taking my fishing shit. I've never fished for trout before so I pretty much need any tips at all.
>>
>>808350
I bash them over the head, right?
>>
New Thread
>>808502
>>
>>808219

bump for trolling motor advice, sad i can't easily go out in the water today.
>>
>>808022
Holy shit that's an impressive mud cat.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.