[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 76

File: image.jpg (53KB, 350x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 350x499px
#47- "Memorial Day Weekend" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>775237

You guys getting ready for some fishing this weekend? Well so is everybody else so don't get too annoyed at the kids making a ton of noise right by your prime fishing spot. I know I will be out there.

Talk about fishin'
>>
File: image.jpg (451KB, 1205x1901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451KB, 1205x1901px
>>776944
Just a friendly reminder that Dick's has Siennas for $19.99 this weekend. That Skeet Reese reel is on sale again as well. A few combos are cheap now too.
>>
>>776944
>the kids making a ton of noise right by your prime fishing spot

>Implying my prime fishing spots are places a kid could/would go or when they would/could
My prime spots are stupid places
What parent will let a kid descend a 15 foot rock cliff or wade through 4 feet of rushing water to get to an untouched section of river
>>
>>776969
I would hate to try and fish at the pier on Sunday afternoon. That's exactly why I fish those strange hidden freshwater lakes.
>>
>>776944
@ kvd and pepsi

I am using mepps inline spinners and the last 2 days i've only caught sunnies and bluegills or nothin.

No clue why they arent working suddenly, I dont think my technique is bad :/
>>
I don't fish but because of your pics I have to open every single thread you fags make.
>>
Tomorrow I'd like to try catching some channel cats. I don't want to mess around with dip bait, I'd rather not spend hours smelling that shit. Do hot dogs work at all?
>>
Went muskie fishing for 45 min or so today, doodly squat. I should get a memecaster and a muskie appropriate rod. How much should I spend on those?
>>
>>776999
Abugarcia ambassador ambsx5600 and an uglystick rod (I think one of the striper rods would do well) for an entry level musky combo
Tack on some #30 or #40 braid and rock and roll
>>
>>776992
Fresh cut shad on a 4/0-7/0 circle
Oor chicken liver tied into a pantyhose pouch dangling from a 4/0 circle last season I got a 24 inch channel on that and no one else got a thing that night
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>tfw you get a meme snook
>>
File: lg laker.jpg (665KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
lg laker.jpg
665KB, 1600x900px
Banner day today. lots of pumpkinseed, yellow perch, rock bass. Water temp is 59 deg and every fish in the lake is just going berserk right now. Caught pic related in 50 fow on a Rapala Troll-to-20 crankbait with 2 split shot sinkers up the line, think it was at like 35'.
>>
>>776878
i ended u going for bass and pickerel instead still a 1/4-1/2 mile walk through woods and shit plusthe light i brought, battery died
>>776879
im lazy, its 85-90 degrees and pretty humid, and im a cold weather guy
most i get are 1-3 ish feet and somewhat thin But ive seen them as long as 4-4.5 ft and as big around as your forearm
>>776880
alone at night innawoods with no light, im just a babby with some things , didnt feel like walking a few miles though woods to fish for a few hours so i went for pickerel instead

il go some night to a place right on the side of th road and see if i can get some big ones
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 512x720px
>>776978
>KVD and Pepsi
Kek

So were you getting bass before?

Maybe it's like me where the water got warmer and the bass got a little more lazy. Gotta toss some slow bottom baits on the warm water and high pressure days.

>>776982
Thanks for stopping by.

>>777029
>35'
Wow.
>>
File: bass.koth.jpg (292KB, 1194x758px) Image search: [Google]
bass.koth.jpg
292KB, 1194x758px
im new to fishing, especially freshwater. I caught this bass today, my first catch using something besides a worm ever. I used a ZOOM blue grub..

sorry for the blog post!!!!
>>
>>777057
Dem curly tail grubs are pretty versatile lures. I like them on an underspin jig head or beetle spin. Or just trailer on a regular spinnerbait.

Good job.
>>
File: bass.jpg (24KB, 308x547px) Image search: [Google]
bass.jpg
24KB, 308x547px
>>777062
what do ya think peps, we got the same size 13 feet (though mine are wide) maybe 2 pounds?
>>
>>777065
probably a bit less but i want to hear everyone's oppinions since it will be a fun argument
>>
What to do with rainbow trout in a stocked lake. These things are some of the most pickiest eaters, I tried the green egg powerbait, I tried pink eggs, all sorts of soft plastics. Nothing seems to work on these fuckers and I have now lost so many hooks and weights I am getting tired.
>>
>>777067
shiny , spoons and spinners
>>
>>776944
Alright Nigguhs!

I just figured out a way to restore old/stiff rubber lures, that actually fkin' works and doesn't deter fish, I can't say if it attracts them more, but it sure as hell produces bites like they where brand new rubber. these are 10+ year old, frog rubber lures that the bag had a crack/split in it and they got all dried and stiff, but were kept in a dark place/out of sunlight.

I wiped off the old salt from the lures, and soaked them in water while I did everything [about 30 minutes or so.] to try to suck all the old oils out as much as possible.

your gonna need a, stainless steel pan and another pan of any type, get a tub a lard [sorry vegans] and like 2 cloves of garlic, GOOD tupperware container of some sort [you can use your mums/grandmas/girlfriends/wifes container, everything is food grade and it can be washed afterwards], and some ziplock baggies.

heat your lard on low just enough so it melts, but not cooks. around 150 to 200 degrees id say if you wanted exact temps.

now chop your garlic, as fine as you're willing to go but you are gonna fish out the garlic bits later, so try not to go TOO small, we're going for a strong garlic flavor. take your other pan, throw some MORE lard into it, and give it some actual heat, we're gonna golden the garlic cloves, once this happens, remove from the heat, and pick out the pieces of garlic, once all the garlic bits are out, dump the cooked lard into the melted lard pan, swish it around with a spoon.

now take your old rubber baits out of the water, shake them off, and throw them into the tupperware container. now pour your melted lard into the container and close the lid, I just gave mine a good shake for about 2 minutes, and then I opened up the container, took the baits out, threw them onto an old t-shirt and kinda just rolled them around against my palm and the t-shirt to get some excess oil out.

cont.
>>
>>777079
cont.

throw some salt on those suckas, and stuff them inside your ziplock baggie, they should stay supple and fresh like brand new lures, be a ton softer then they where originally. and have a garlic flavor to them as well. as long as they plastic lures stay in an airtight space, they won't get stiff/dry out.

the garlic oil that we fused with the lard, won't spoil. AND the lard won't spoil. [use lard to season your cast iron pans, FYI way better then veggie oil, as that shit can go rancid.]
>>
I WANT TO FUCK A FISH

>>777029
would fuck
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
what conditions should I fish this in?
>>
>>777173
water
>>
Is it worth restoring/rebuilding a 14' bass boat (no hull damage but deck and flooring needs serious work + broken motor, electronics/wiring probably in bad shape) if I can get it for free?
>>
>>777188
I know a guy who did exactly that and it cost at least a couple grand and a lot of time. But if you have the space to store a boat then why not try if you know what you're getting into.
>>
big get incoming boys
>>
Relatively new to fishing. Thinking about getting a Sienna during the Dick's sale and was wondering if I should get the FD or the RD. What's the difference in front/rear drag?
>>
>>777205
red
>>
>>777173
doesn't matter. any mildly aggressive fish will hit it. any, clear/merky/tannic.

fish can follow vibration as easily as they can see something.
>>
>>777205
Front drag is more popular because it make the reel more compact and light. Many also think that front drag ha less chance of being broken down and smoother

Rear drag makes it easier to adjust the drag during the fight since you don't have go reach to the front of the reel to adjust drag tension. Some rear drag also has a lever to accurately adjust the drag, then reset it back to the exact base point when you set it before after the fight.
>>
>>777188
If you've got the time and a couple grand to put into it then yes definitely

Alternatively you could just go get the free boat and then list it on Craigslist as is
You'd probably be able to sucker someone into paying a couple grand for it
>>
>>776956
what size should I get? 2500, 1000, or 4000

is the size based on the rod or...?

ive never bought a rod separate before. I got this shakespear rod at walmart and the reel is fucked. i need to replace it. the line just keeps getting tangled every cast.
>>
>>777245
a reel separate*
>>
>>777245
The only difference between the 4000 and the 2500 is the spool size

How big is the rod and what action is it?
>>
>>777245
>>777260
3000 and 2500 are the ones that have no difference between beside pool capacity.

However, 1000 2500 and 4000 are different weight, size, and capacity.

I would say match the reel with the rod.
>>
>>777260
im not even sure how to determine the size. its a two piece shakespear.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shakespeare-Tiger-7-0-2-Piece-Spinning-Combo/33588644

which reel should i get to match the rod?
>>
>>777264
It doesn't mention what action it is

If you're gonna use it for bass I would go with the 2500
If anything else larger go with the 4000
>>
Hey /out/ I'm going to be fucking around the Yucatan peninsula soon, is there anyone familiar with fishing in Mexico?
I'd like to fish without hiring a guide.
>>
Hey /out/ I'm going to be fucking around the Yucatan peninsula soon, is there anyone familiar with fishing in Mexico?
I'd like to fish without hiring a guide.
>>
File: 4627936912.jpg (123KB, 960x632px) Image search: [Google]
4627936912.jpg
123KB, 960x632px
>>
File: 4627937153.jpg (131KB, 640x909px) Image search: [Google]
4627937153.jpg
131KB, 640x909px
>>
File: 4627936917.jpg (179KB, 1080x779px) Image search: [Google]
4627936917.jpg
179KB, 1080x779px
>>
>>777276
You're gonna need to hire a guide. Unless you find a place that is going to rent your gringo ass a boat. There are probably those big ass charter boats going out of cancun and cozumel but i never stayed in either. Go down to akumal rent a beach house and hire a guide. Shit is cheap. Ask your maid the first day she comes to the house she will probably know someone.

The northern part has more shallow sandy beaches so they might have bonefish but I don't know. And still you don't really want to be wandering around random beaches. I always head down along the east coast for diving. Akumal is my favorite town down there.
>>
>>777173
I think the question you should be asking is how you should be fishing it, i n different conditions. I believe that most lures work all the time, if fished correctly.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>777205
I like the FD just because RD looks funny.

>>777173
Like Noko said, water. They are great when the water isn't bathtub clear and sunny. Even then they will still work.

>>777245
For bass on a 6'6" med rod, 2500. For panfish on a lighter rod, 1000. For a heavier catfish rod or whatever, 4000.
>>
>>777188
>Is it worth restoring/rebuilding a 14' bass boat (no hull damage but deck and flooring needs serious work + broken motor, electronics/wiring probably in bad shape) if I can get it for free?

Do you already have the tools/know-how to restore it? Also do you have a trailer?

Otherwise not imo. You will spend more on all that stuff than you would just getting one in working order.
>>
>>777314
>For a heavier catfish rod or whatever, 4000

Should I do this? Or spend a little more for a better one if I want to catch big cats?
>>
>>777395
I think the reel would be fine, just make sure you have a rod that can handle casting big weights.
>>
>>777395
For cats, meme caster with bait runner 100%
Get a heavy uglystick rod between 7 and 10 feet and something like an ambassadeur or maybe I could sell you a penn 209 in good shape on the cheap
Unless you're fishing for dink cats (under 5 pounds) then go spinning
>>
>>777294
> believe that most lures work all the time, if fished correctly.

Your belief is wrong

Good luck getting bass to go after a crankbait during the heat of the day in the middle of summer

The reason why there's different kinds of lures is because different ones should be thrown in different conditions
Conditions which can range from water temp, clarity, amount of vegetation, is it cloudy or sunny, raining... fuck ever atmospheric pressure changes will effect the way fish behave
>>
>>777410
I was gonna use my dad's ambassaduer glad that wasn't a dumb idea

>>777399
Fuck it I'll buy a couple sizes and if I don't use it someone on here can buy it from me for like $15.

Or could I use it for a cheap surf rig?
>>
>>777205
personally I love rear drag
>>
>Be me
>Got paid
>100 into savings
>100 into necessary expenses
>Leaves 100 for fun

What should I do? Buy s canoe, get a half decent 7 or 8 weight and some flies, get a rod for my Abu and some heavier line for my w&m meme caster and some flies/lures, or spend it on not fishing stuff?
>>
>>777419
I got my start in surf fishing with catfish gear
>>
>>777422
If you think you'll use the canoe a lot I'd do that.
>>
>>777419
>>777424
So get something rated for a minimum of 20 pound test line and 1 ounce weight and up to 10 foot (after that it's cumbersome in freshwater) and over 7 (any shorter and you don't have enough casting distance)
Spool up The ambassador with #30 braid. And tie on a leader of #50-#80 mono 3 times the length of the rod with an Fg knot
Then just learn the pendulum cast and you're ready to rock and roll
>>
>>777420
Rear drag is for homos just ask Skid our resident booty bandit
>>
>>777426
I'm not sure. I've got waders. I'm not sure how hard it will be to manage a canoe alone. I've gotten on well enough without a boat for this long but I'm not sure if I can afford all the paperwork on the trailer and schitt. Then I need to buy a trailer hitch for my bike.
>>
File: lg4.jpg (112KB, 735x1306px) Image search: [Google]
lg4.jpg
112KB, 735x1306px
>>777415
>Good luck getting bass to go after a crankbait during the heat of the day in the middle of summer

Deep water crankbaits are often my go-to for mid-day LMB during summer. As long as I can find open water structure like sunken islands and points with a weedbed in 35-40 foot of water, I make a killing. Big 10XDs and Rapala DT20s. My lake is crystal clear and has quality weed growth, fish can go and do go deep in the summer.

Point is it depends on the body of water as well, along time of year- mainly due to the water temp, weather conditions, and then lastly how well you can fish the lure. Most of it is dependent on reading the above situation- where am I, what time of year is it, what is the weather doing to the fish- and knowing what presentations are appropriate and also capable of being delivered effectively with your skillset and equipment.
>>
>>777431
Not even I like rear drag
Haven't since I lost a huge steelhead after my drag seized on a rear drag reel
>>
>>777429
Cool I just might do that.

>>777434
I mean even if you only take it out once a month for a couple years you'll get your monies worth. As long as it isn't too windy it shouldn't be that hard to get places in it.
>>
My spinning reel is starting to do that awesome thing where it makes a birds nest every so often. What can I do to avoid this happening?

inb4 buy a baitcaster.
>>
>>777439
I think I'll do it next time; the three forks eight weight is on sale for 35 bucks
>>
>>777450
change out the line on it, if its monafilament it ay be worth trying to stretch the line first, ,
>>
>>777287
>>777286
>>777284
I'm going to need to know who that is pham
>>
Well I blew my fun budget and then some

Here's what I got
THREE FORKS FLY RODItem:320213|MODEL: 908-4x 1
$35.00
BEAD HEAD CRYSTAL BUGGER-PER 2Item:316312|COLOR: WHITE | SIZE: 10x 1
$4.19
CABELA'S STREAMER MICKEY FINN FLY- PER 3Item:310192| | SIZE: 4x 1
$4.39
CABELA'S STREAMER MICKEY FINN FLY- PER 3Item:310192| | SIZE: 8x 1
$4.39
RAINY'S CF BAITFISH PER EACHItem:320951|COLOR: BLUE WHITE | SIZE: 2x 1
$4.49
RAINY'S CF BAITFISH PER EACHItem:320951|COLOR: FIRETIGER | SIZE: 2x 1
$4.49
NO-KNOT FAST SNAPS PER 30Item:110700| | SIZE: LARGE | COLOR: BLACKx 1
$9.99
WOOLLY BUGGER FLY - PER 3Item:310197|COLOR: BLACK | SIZE: 10x 1
$4.99
CABELA'S PRESTIGE SERIES TIPPET MATERIALItem:314011| | SIZE: 0Xx 1
$3.88
CABELA'S PRESTIGE SERIES TIPPET MATERIALItem:314011| | SIZE: 2Xx 1
$3.88
CABELA'S PRESTIGE SERIES TIPPET MATERIALItem:314011| | SIZE: 4Xx 1
$3.88
CABELA'S PRESTIGE SERIES TIPPET MATERIALItem:314011| | SIZE: 6Xx 1
$3.88
POWER PRO 150 YARDS BRAIDED FISHING LINEItem:115244|LB.TEST: 40# | COLOR: GREENx 1
$12.74
SOUTHERN LURE SCUM FROG POPPERItem:134222| | COLOR: GREENx 1
$3.49
BSA RED DOT MULTI-RETICLE SIGHTItem:713780x 1
$34.99
S.PRO SCUM DOGItem:128623|LURE SZ: REGULAR | COLOR: W'MELONx 1
$5.99
>>
>>777055
Yep was slamming bass literally 4 days ago, but then i went in the morning. Now all im catching is bluegills
>>
>>777458
I feel like I'm changing out line a LOT. Many times a season and I don't fish nearly that much.

I guess it is what it is but it sucks balls standing on the shore respooling.
>>
>>777484
I bet they're in deeper water
>>
Has anyone ever tried hooking a small bluegill on a basic hook, adding a float 2 or 3 feet up the line, casting the little bugger out, and then just fighting the bream? I have, and caught some nice bass.
>>
>>777494
I know a place I can catch golden shiners on size 20 hooks with a single maggot and I rig then like that/do that and catch okay bass
>>
How do you nigs use plastic bait? I use live bait usually and they hit pretty good when they do. But I've never had any luck with any kind of artificial bait, jigs ect..none of that shit. What's the secret mah niggas?
>>
>>777518
Practice dude. What are you trying to catch?
Around here we fish for Walleyes, northern Pike and the occasional bass. Walleyes will go after a 1/4oz jig head through a mr.twister/grub style bait, bounced of the bottom 2-4'. I'll only try this method if jigging with live bait, lindy rigs, or Crankbaits isn't working. Or if I'm somewhere with a lot of snags.
Northern Pike will go after either the minnow shaped or twirly tail style plastics. Cast these and return with a little twitching. I'd use spoons, crankbaits or a sucker minnow and plain hook first though.
Bass it seams prefer soft plastics to anything else. Insert the hook end into the plastic's body, making it weedless, and cast it out. Try retrieving at different speeds and presentations until you figure it out.
Crankbaits are pretty fool proof(with a little but of practice) and should catch whatever you're going for.
>>
>>777518
Texas rig it and fish it very slow in thick cover, twitching and jerking the rod to give the plastic more action

I've gotten my biggest bass on Texas rigged creature baits and on crankbaits

The real secret is location and lure selection
>>
>>777289
Thanks man
>>
Is anyone here from britain or Ireland? What do yall surf/pier fish for there in the sea? I'm from America but may be studying in Ireland next year and want to do some fishing. Also, what would a foreigner there on a student visa need to do to be able to fish legally?
>>
>>777485
I don't change my line until my cast start getting it to the backing. Also, you could try braid.
>>
>>777544
I've read that if you close the bail just before it hits the water it helps but I've not had much success with that. I had braid on another cheap rod but it was wearing the guides quickly. So I guess I deal with twisting and replacing or deal with premature wear.

What I really need to do is just buy a casting reel but I suck so bad with those....
>>
>>777530
>>777531
Thanks Bre, going for dem crappies mostly.
>>
>>777549
The last reel i had with mono on it started to do that, but I noticed it was only if I was reeling in a bunch of slack line during the retrieve. If the line was always tight it wouldn't do it.

>What I really need to do is just buy a casting reel but I suck so bad with those

Only one way to get better
>>
>>776999
>memecasters and fishing rods attract fish
Here we go
>>
>>777485
is it mono? how heavy, and what kind of fishing
>>
>>777580
>attract fish
no, no, no
It's having a full box of tackle. At least 5 of everything you'll never use.
Only then will fish find you attractive.
>>
>>777173
Any and all

>>777205
Like rear drag myself.
It's less compact, but easier to adjust on the fly. You don't have to reach around the spinning bail.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 640x1136px
Not too bad for 3 decent beater reels and free shipping
>>
How are the field and stream tec spec rod from dick's. They seem alright for the price. I don't hear many bad things about it.
>>
File: photo_1464370196993[1].jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
photo_1464370196993[1].jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
are hundreds of fingerlings a sign of a healthy pond?(as in supporting large fish)

it's fairly large and deeper at the middle, and at the banks you had tons of <6" bass darting among the reeds.

also, can private property extend on/into a river?
There is a park right next to a local river, but houses border the banks, and I'm wondering if I can actually go down and fish it.
>>
>>777647
From my experience lots of little bass (3-7inches)
Means there can be alot of monsters in the pond
If there's alot of 12-18 inch bass I normally don't see monsters

I see a lot of ponds where the majority of fish are 12-18 inches and haven't ever pulled anything over 3 lbs out of it

The one pond I've ever fished that had hundreds of fingerlings I've pulled bass out of it up to 10 lbs (and usually get one or two a year 5 plsu

Once again
Just my personal experience
>>
>>777671
yeah I mean, these weren't full grown bass, so the pond is obviously supporting a healthy population.
I'm going to go back up there later today, it's too damn hot for me
>>
Are there any good places to buy crankbaits for cheap online or does everyone just buy them at actual stores like normies?

Looking to buy like 10+ Shad Raps or similar
>>
>>777674
Probably close to 90 here in ct and humid too
Good thing I don't have to do shit today, I was going to go soak baits for catfish and eels but fuck sitting in the sun
>>
>>777484
Deeper water or it is getting warm and they are getting too lazy to chase something that is supposed to imitate schooling baitfish.

I rarely get bass to hit Mepps and cranks during the day in summer down here.
>>
File: StriperMigration_05272016.jpg (121KB, 500x917px) Image search: [Google]
StriperMigration_05272016.jpg
121KB, 500x917px
>>
>>777682
Tackle warehouse. use the code for 5$ off. If you buy in bulk, it's 100% worth it. As long as your shipment is 50$ with the code you wont pay for shipping.

>tfw last shipment was 50.07
>>
>>777607
Nice. Let me know how that Okuma is. I'm tempted to grab a couple Siennas right now too, maybe a 1000 and 2500.

Dick's is the best. No homo.

>>777622
They look decent. I'm sure they are built by one of the major companies but not sure who.
>>
File: Cape_Cod_tunnel_permit.jpg (84KB, 721x503px) Image search: [Google]
Cape_Cod_tunnel_permit.jpg
84KB, 721x503px
>>777693
>Dick's
If I went to Dick's right now it would take me all night to get back on this sandbar.
Summer traffic sucks:
Incoming on Friday
Outgoing on Sunday afternoon/evening.
Saturday change-over
Any time it rains

As long as I stick to the local rules it's actually pretty easy to get around.

Having the resident tunnel sticker helps
>>
>>777674
Can I tag along? When are you going?
>>
>>777692
This site looks awesome but what's the code for $5 off?
>>
>>777724
this is just a small dinky public park, "Orchard Hills park", it'll be like an hour drive for you from Ravenna, only like 4minutes for me.
>>
>>777734
>Implying I have anything better to do
>>
>>777518
Gotta go slow and be patient wit it
>>
File: 20160527_154615.jpg (1MB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20160527_154615.jpg
1MB, 2048x1350px
A while back Pepsi was asking how I do long rods
>Pic related
>12 foot 2 piece surf rod
>>
>>777693
Hmm, I'm thinking between the tec spec black and the st.croix triumph for my freshwater/ light saltwater set up.

tec spec is at $45 now and the st.croix triumph is at $70
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>777693
For sure. And i figured I might as well for the siennas if I never take them out of the box I can always give one to one of my friends or sell it.
>>
File: 525.jpg (176KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
525.jpg
176KB, 1000x750px
>>777784
This is how it's done...
>>
>>777784
At least you got the red flag on there.

>>777792
Never heard of Tec Spec.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Triumph, they sell enough of them.

I'm sure the Triumphs are nice, but I wonder if there is a better option for the money. With lots of stuff (not just fishing), I'm always weary of buying the cheapest model from an expensive brand. Sometimes you are better off buying a mid-range or higher end model from a cheaper brand for around the same price.

Think about it like buying a $30k BMW 3-Series or buying a $30k Ford Focus. The BMW will probably have cloth seats while the Ford will have a moonroof and leather seats that blow cold air onto your swampass. But hey, at least you have a BMW key to show off if you go that route.

With all of that, I think I will do a Mojo Bass if I get a St. Croix. It's only a $20-$30 price jump. And I know with St. Croix rods, when you get to the expensive ones you end up paying a bit solely for that "Made In USA" stamp.
>>
>>777824
That really screams poverty
>>
>>777833
You're just jelly that you don't have a couple big strippers hanging off the back of your bicycle.
>>
>>777836
I wish I had some strippers hanging around

>tfw haven't gotten laid in over 2 years
P bad t b h
>>
>>777833
not so much. No vehicles can go on that path/trail/road and there are places where it's 50-75' below where you can park.
That POS bike gets you 14ish miles of prime access.
Carrying a 30-40# fish for miles sucks.
>>
>>777833
if he caught those fatass fish in bike proximity to his home, you can assume he lives on some primo real estate
>>
>>777865
Ehh, I live a short bicycle ride away from the pier, and a short walk from the canals and intercoastal and my house isn't huge.

But South Florida is strange in my area, the neighborhoods change really quick. By me, there is Hillsboro Beach which has one road (A1A) and is $5mil+ houses with private beaches. Then on the other side of the Intercoastal is Lighthouse Point which is $500k+ houses with canals in their backyards, and then a couple blocks from the water and you are in Deerfield and Pompano which is a handful of $200k-$300k homes for a few blocks on the east side and then gets hood real quick. And the hood area is still fairly close to the water.

Then you go way out west and it is Suburbia with gated communities and $400k-$500k houses again.
>>
>>777865
bike goes in truck, truck drives to ditch and parks, angler loads about $1k for some of them between rod/reel/tackle onto POS bike. If done with others you go to diferent spots. If your spot gets hot you let others knows and they pedal their asses off. Ditch is 7 miles long and 700' wide so there is a lot of real estate to cover.

Also there are houses perched above but none on the canal itself at ground level short of a very few.
>>
File: 2011-10-10_10-58-29_373.jpg (875KB, 2048x1155px) Image search: [Google]
2011-10-10_10-58-29_373.jpg
875KB, 2048x1155px
>>777878
Found your bike
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>tfw first cast as I was just trying to show Miami anons how to fish here
>>
>>777824
I'm working on building that stuff but first I need to figure out how to luggage rack mounts
>>
>>777772
Tfw so close

>>777908
That's bad luck soda-man
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>777913
Third or so cast
>>
>>777924
noice one, Stuck fiximg my baby pond today, But then i will always have live shiners once its all done
>>
>>777924
She's hot

She wants the D peps you gotta give it to her
>>
>>777947
>She's hot

How can you tell that by that picture? She may have meth mouth, a missing ear, a receding hairline, and she may be a hunchback.
>>
>>777729
FHABAQ214

Didnt someone have a 20% coupon?
>>
>>777956
She's not fat and she has big tits
>>
>>777947
I'm new to this board but I'm starting to have a feeling a lot of banging is going on behind closed doors. Have I stumbled upon a hookup board hiding in plain view...
>>
>>777965
>>777963
>>777956
>>777947
That's his sister guys
>>
>>777947
>you cannot delete a post this old
Well damn...

I couldn't tell by the thumbnail how much she was in it, but I guess that much was a mistake. My bad.
>>
File: IMG_20160511_200816647.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160511_200816647.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>>777971
Cmon man
Now she has the right to post you
>>
>>777978
>a pic of my chin and neckbeard
Oh well
>>
>>777982
But you have to catch a decent fish first
>>
>>777971
You literally cannot see her face at all or any distinguishing features

It's a fine picture to post
>>
File: 20160527_180255[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160527_180255[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
the only thing I caught today, I've never seen so many fingerlings(and bait fish by the shore) and not seen a single 12"+ fish
>>
File: 20160527_165409[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160527_165409[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>777985
here's the pond I was fishing
>>
File: 20160527_165403[1].jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160527_165403[1].jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>777986
and the other half(It's just a big U)
>>
>>777956
But she likes to fish so it doesn't matter
>>
>>777987
>>777986
Son, your upside down
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm glad the water is up and everything, but if it was like 4 inches lower fishin these docks would be so much easier
>>
too fucking warm to go fishing maybe il go out tomorrow and wade in
>>
File: image.jpg (1018KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1018KB, 3264x2448px
Memorial Day Weekend is in full effect guys. I rarely ever see people at this spot I was in today, and there were 2 other random old people that showed up on the shoreline plus a couple boats.

>>777989
Bruh, we have gone fishing 3 times so far and her boyfriend has done decent (nothing the first time but it was hot and mid day, then a nice gar and snapper second, and a Mayan and smaller largemouth today) but she just has no luck.

I'm glad that he is getting some fish so it isn't just me, but I feel bad for her. Nothing but a few bites over 3 days of fishing. They drove up to one of my lakes today and she still didn't get anything.

>>777984
Thank god. I didn't really look at the pic before I posted it. Didn't think it would be a big deal but I also forgot this is 4chan.

>>777983
I will try. They just left and I'm thinking about hitting that lake I got a couple decent bass at the other night but don't want to fuck my memecaster in the dark.
>>
>>778067
are those her hands? or do you hae gril hands
>>
>>778052
>wade in
I was just walking shoreline and ended up to my thigh in tidal mud. Shit is like quicksand.
Gonna have to check that out in daylight before I go further.
>>
>>778074
the spot i want to wade i need to find a good way to go , the way ive gine preiously hits a hole almost 10 feet deep and last time i went a floating down river
>>
>>777289
Also,
> you don't want to wander around random beaches
Why? Because it's going to be a waste of my time or are there hostile locals or what?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>778073
These are my paws. Not nearly as well-kept. Not to mention I would never hold a bass like that. My hands smell like feesh enough as it is. She doesn't seem to mind. Her man refuses to touch em though, we need to get him workin on that. He did rig up a shiner on his own last weekend though so I'll give him that.
>>
>>778081
was going to say , think tomorrow im going to target trouts because i can wade the river, though i dont know where eaactly to target
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>778074
I did that a couple months ago. Was night fishing and had a Mepps get caught in some cable underwater only a few feet from shore. Water was crystal clear and only looked about a foot deep.

Rolled my pants up to my knees and went in. Ended up being way deeper than anticipated after I sunk through a foot of mud.
>>
>>778083
What kinda fish is that? I'm from sc so I have no idea what crazy jew fish yall have I'm Florida or wherever you are.
>>
>>778103
A mayan cichlid
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>778103
Mayan Cichlid. They are South American and pretty much take over the place of bluegill. Well, there are some bluegill but more Mayans.

I guess it used to be Oscars all over but there was a cold winter quite a few years back so the Oscars died out but the Mayans survived and took over. They get a lil bigger than bluegill and fight like hell. Big bluegill fight really good, so imagine that fight but the size of a medium crappie.

Skeletool is about 4.5" for reference and that is about average for the bigger guys. Sometimes I get smaller ones but mostly this size.
>>
>>778108
Are they good eating. About the same as bluegill?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>778110
Idk, haven't eaten anything I have caught in years. I imagine they are good, panfish like that are always tasty. And the size would be perfect for some fillets.
>>
>>777971
>>777984
>>778067
You can't see much peps I don't mind.
>>
File: Cod lures2.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
Cod lures2.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
Post your lures guys and what you are targeting. Always love seeing what people use around the world.

>smaller lures= Silver and Golden Perch
>Big fuckoff lures=Freakishly large Golden Perch and Murray Cod.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>778116
Ausfag?

I think pic related is a good representation of what I use most of the time just targeting bass and maybe snakeheads. If I'm going for panfish (bluegill, crappie up north, or Mayans) it will mostly be smaller Mepps, Rapalas, or jigheads and underspins with ~2" curly tail grubs or minnows.
>>
File: river.png (1MB, 927x536px) Image search: [Google]
river.png
1MB, 927x536px
going to try waiding river sometime soonm area circled in purple uis a deep hole, that i want to fish, Could enter at the orange or red x and work my way up to above the pool and fish it , Not sure if EITHER wasy are possible or if il hit a deep area and be fucked What do you guys think my best bet would be
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>778115
Wew, I didn't even really notice between the sunlight on the screen when I took the pic and the tiny thumbnail uploading it.

/out/ isn't anything like /b/, but sometimes I forget this is still 4chan aka that nerdy table in the corner of the cafeteria in high school.

>>778116
Then we got all the other goofy shit for soft plastics like pic related
>>
>>778113
You reckon it would be legal/possible/feasible to put some of those bastards in my pond?
Tho I'm kinda worried they'd contaminate other bodies of water so I probably wouldn't do it.
>>
>>778125
its highy illegal to transport any invasive/ non native species in most if not all stayes
>>
>>778126
U can see why. Twas just a thought.
>Why can't we have the same policy with migrants???
>>
>>778067
Damn I hope she isn't getting discouraged. A lot of people I've talked to don't fish because they've never caught anything when they went.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>778125
Like your backyard pond or a local pond?

I mean they are non-native but not sure if they are considered "invaisive" as well and carry a penalty for transferring them to different bodies or water.

I mentioned the Oscars which are a popular aquarium fish, so those Mayans might be available to buy as well. That's probably how they ended up in the lakes and canals. They are pretty when the get bigger. Some have a bit more red and some are more yellow-orange. I wonder if they will have that color when raised in aquariums.

They are also called "atomic sunfish".
>>
>>778122
anyone?
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>778130
Yeah that's why it sucks. I mean at least she is seeing her boyfriend and me catch some fish so she knows it's possible. But I hate bringing people out for the first time(s) and getting shit luck.
>>
>>778130
>>778137
And last weekend we even went balls out and got shiners and were out there by 6:30am and she didn't get shit. I was really hoping she could at least hit some Mayans today on the Blue Foxes. Those are a blast to catch for the size.
>>
>>778130
>>778137
I'm still having a good time. I get to touch the fish they catch, I've caught a bunch of weeds, and I actually got a bite today but I couldn't set the hook. I dunno why Pepsi doesn't believe me when I say I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>778128
who are you quoting
>>
>>778118
Yup, also never caught shit with soft plastics although some fishos swear by them, only ever caught a stinking Euro Carp with one and it was only because I used it on a normal bait setup and it was scented.
>>
>>778133
My backyard pond. It has an overflow that leads to a ditch and then a swamp, so I wouldn't dare actually introduce an invasive specie. Just like I wouldn't vote Democrat. For the exact same reason.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>778145
Certain times it is the only way to get bass. Texas-rigged shit on the bottom going real slow. Sometimes you just have to do a shakey head type rig. The end of the worm will sit up off the bottom and you twitch it just enough to make it look like something digging for food.

I know some people kill it with crawdads but I haven't had a ton of luck with those yet. The lizards do work though.

>>778141
Whatever you say...

At least you see that it is possible to catch stuff. Keep an eye out for little lakes and spots near you. We gotta find something close for you so you can stop by around dusk or early AM for an hour and catch a couple fish.

>>778148
>>>/pol/
Where do you live? If it freezes, they will never last the winter if they get out. They are still warm water fish.
>>
>>778154
Texas rigs seem GOAT
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>778116
>post ur lures
I got these in the mail today. I had a brother to the smallest one for years until I lost it last weekend. It was the only thing that caught me any fish last weekend so I had to eBay some replacements when I got home. Pricey little shits.
>>
File: image.jpg (381KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
381KB, 640x1136px
>>778157
>seem GOAT
They work well for me when the water is warm and bass are lazy and not hitting cranks or spinners or any of the typical stuff.

>>778141
Was pic related the one that you guys were talking about on the other side of Tropical Park?

I'm trying to look for more lakes closer to your area but most of them are surrounded by houses and if they aren't they look inaccessible from shore for the most part.

Lots of them also look like those man-made lakes in Miramar (the two from last weekend) with the shallow shelf and then they drop off super deep.

I think some of the canals might be the best bet. But with the canals, they can be tricky to fish unless you find some structure like a bridge, dam, or curves and where canals join and intersect.
>>
File: image.jpg (327KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327KB, 640x1136px
>>778141
>>778168
Here's one more that looks interesting. If not the lake, maybe the canals attached to it.
>>
>>778141
As long as you're having a good time then keep on keepin on. I bet once you catch one you'll be hooked (heh).
>>
>>778145
I think it works like this

Hard baits are better at finding the fish. Most of them have very flashy action, make a lot of turbulence, reflective, can attract fish from a long distances. They can be cast far, and cover a lot of space/ distance. Even hard baits that are worked slower and more subtle such as jerkbait, still pull in fishes from a relatively big area due to the flashes.

However, there are times when fish turn their nose away from hard plastic. I've seen it myself. Fishes get attracted, stalk, but don't make that final strikes. Then, those times are when soft plastic save you. If you confident that fishes are there, but not biting, then soft plastic subtle presentation get them to strike most of the time.
>>
>>778154
Wonder if it would work on the natives here, never tried.

>>778161
>Yozuri lures
You a millionaire?
>>
>>778183
It's bizarre, In my experience no natives in lower Australia seem to go for soft plastics but will go for literally anything else. Works both ways with Carp though. Gotta keep trying I guess.
>>
>>778186
> yozuri
> expensive
>>
>>778118
What brand is that lipless crank in the middle? I just found a brand new one, same shape different pattern, in a lake I was at. Also are they any good in your experience?
>>
>>778067
>a girl in a thread on 4chan
>a general for anglers no less (very male-dominated activity)
>thinking this isn't a big deal

M8 finding a girl who likes to fish would be a dream come true
>>
>>778253
if my girl liked my /out/ hobbies I'd be horrified.

it's not healthy to hang out all the time.
>>
>>778258
Fishing is my only /out/ hobby so I wouldn't mind a qt who liked to come along

My other hobby is golfing but I don't like golfing with women
Can't get any good banter going
>>
>>778261
I pretend to go hiking and metal detecting, but I really just go in the woods to drink whiskey and sneak cigarettes.

I don't know what the wife does when I'm gone, but she enjoys her alone time too. She's always happy to see me go as long as she knows I'm not up to any mischief.

I like fishing with my kids. I don't care if the wife comes along or not. She likes to fish but she's pretty bad at it. Always snagged and has no clue what to do with a fish on the line. She has fun though. Never cleans a fish but she's pretty good at cooking them.
>>
>>778243
It's the Strike King red eye shad.
>>
>Be me
>Fishing
>Around midnight
>guys are throwing a chunk of dead fish at each other
>I say something
>One of them says "what are you gay?"
>Give him a serious stare
>He's uncomfortable
>Low key hit on him all night
>Tfw harassing homophobes
>>
>>778278
Kek

What do you fish for at night?
>>
>>778292
MEN
>>
>>778243
what did you carve your foam sfloats out of
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 404x428px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 404x428px
>>778314
>>
How easy is it to get a fishing lure out of a fishs mouth? I've never gone fishing before and am interested tomorrow

Catch and release dont want to hurt any that's all, fish are pretty tough right?
>>
>>778321
It's easy if it's just a standard hook through the lip

Pray you never gut hook a fish or else you'll need surgical forceps to get it out

And yes fish respond well to catch and release especially if you don't #rekt their slime coat so avoid putting it on the ground like so many people do around here and if you have to put it down make sure the area is wet first
Also if you do anything beyond lip the fish make sure your hands are wet as well

I swear half the fish posted here lying in the dirt don't make it cause their slime coat (which is an integral part of their immune system) gets destroyed

But if you exercise care and treat the fish well they'll be fine
>>
>>778321
hooks, line, and swivels are made to rust out if you get one to deep cut your line and let the fish go it will disintegrate and fall out in a few days instead of trying to rip its guts out for a hook
>>
File: callop Jamie1.jpg (264KB, 1029x584px) Image search: [Google]
callop Jamie1.jpg
264KB, 1029x584px
>>778211
They are like $30 each here, Yozuri and Rapala are ridiculously overpriced in 'straya for some stupid reason while most other brands aren't. Also big stonking Callop a friend of a friend caught the other weekend.
>>
>>777485
Part of it is riding herd on your mono and making sure it's fresh yes, but you also need to make sure when you're spooling line onto the reel that you don't introduce line twist either.
Make sure that the fishing line unspools in the same direction as your reel winds it up. That keeps the line from twisting so much, and you'll find you'll go longer between birds nests like that.
>>
>>778333
>>778365
Ahh thanks, when you say don't lay the fish on the ground I plan on kayak fishing - Should I just try and unhook it when its still in the water or net it up and without touching it remove the hook? Should I use plyers or my hands and is it recommended to get rid of the barb so its a smooth hook on lures or will it make it too hard to catch them? I've heard it makes it easier to get them out.

I plan on using lures too, they won't rust will they? Not sure what the best sort is but have an old fishing rod that looks a bit flimsy but hopefully will be ok and a handful of random lures of different colours and sizes

New to this all, thanks boys
>>
I don't get it, /f&t/,

hundreds of small bluegills and largemouth ranging from <3" to 8",
tons of frogs(just walking along the edge of the water caused a cascade of amphibians into the water)
a dozen or so large snakes on the edge of the pond,

and yet I didn't get a single bite over the course of 3hours.
The closest I got was a huge wake created by a large fish(5lbs+) That I've spooked after I got up to move locations.
It was odd though because the only fish I know large enough to cause that would be a carp/Koi, but I know for certain they aren't present in this pond because it's a regulated park
>>
>>778371
Salt or freshwater fishing? Majority of lures in >>778116 I've used in freshwater for 2-3 years and no rust so far.
As for crushing barbs, never done it despite being catch and release, if you don't bother just get a cheap plier and try and remove the hooks carefully.
>>
>>778376
Will do shouldn't be too hard to remove it with pliers, and I'll be saltwater fishing what about the rest?
>>
>>778379
1. Hose down all your gear after use with freshwater
2. drill holes in your lure boxes if you have them.

I rarely go fishing in the sea but the few times I have I've forgotten to wash them down and the insides of the reels have rusted up hardcore.
>>
>>778374
change your presentation
>>
>>778371
>get rid of the barb
do this if you are strictly C&R
Take the pliers and crush the barb down. Makes life way easier.
>>
>>778371
I'm skeptical on just how much the slime cost protects them. I don't mean it's not important, but I dunno if it's as important and as these anons seem to make it out. Hatchery anon was telling me about fish that had chunks of them taken out and where you could see their spine and they survived.

It can't hurt to keep as much of it on as you can, but I wouldn't sweat it too much.
>>
>>776944

omg i just want to cum on her tits
>>
>>778426
slime coat depends on the fish, some fiswh are much more hardy than others, suckers for example, while trout have a very weak slime coating if grabbed with bare hands,

though it is very important to try to keep a fished slime coat intact, , placing it on something wet or handling with wet hands doesnt do too much damage, negligable even but grabbing with dry hands on trout etc can be extremely harmful, and laying any fish down in dry dirt is terrible
basically its the fishes first line of defence against, parasites, and disease, and we take it very seriousy at then hatch ,

in our ponds, a weak slime coat leads to parasites/diseases/infections, and in ponds like ours that are so packed it can spread very rapidly, aand it will usually kill the fish eventually though some fish are resilient like people and will live months and months with issues

we take is seriously and treat the fish with formulin and salt to try to restore the slime coat, Though ive never seen any issues with fish being handled with wet hands, Most of our sick fishes issues came from rubbing on the cement ponds, Or most importantly stress, stress will cause an entire pond to become sick and cause death

this does mean if its easier to grab a fish and take it out of the water to unhook it quickly as opposed to letting it flopo by the side of the boat / water for 2 minuites do it

>tldr: handle fish with wet hands, dont lay them on dry surrfaces if possible, and keep fish as unstressed as possible
>>
>>778469
I mean that's obviously ideal, but I remember a study where fish were caught and released dozens of times with little negative health impact
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>778366
Damn, that sucks.

>>778243
It's strange, I know those Red-Eye Shads are good lures, but I haven't had much luck with them yet. The action is incredible for a lipless crank, but I'm not sure if I'm fishing them at the wrong time or with the wrong technique or what.

Mayans and bluegill love to attack them though, which is why I wish they sold 1/8oz-1/4oz ones.

Speaking of cranks, I have had good luck with Rapala Shad Rapa (I think). The ones with that odd curved lip. Miami anon's boyfriend was using a firetiger one last night just as it was getting dark and did pretty well.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 640x1136px
>>778507
*Scatter Rap Shad

Had to look on Bass Pro to figure it out. There are way too many different Rapalas.
>>
>>778505
fish are hardy motherfuckers, some more than others, if fish are handled properly there isnt issue, if you mishandle fish it can kill them relitivley easily
>>
>>778509
why did name/trip dissaper?
>>
>>778511
You gotta stop posting on /b/
>>
>>778512
didnt post anywhere else, the only other place i have posted recently was /o/ and that as 1-2 weeks ago
>>
How do you fish open water on a pond?

Would I have more luck using a soft plastic worm on the surface, or adding weight and letting it sink to the bottom?
>>
Never really done the wacky rigs, so I was researching them a bit. What the hell are these little bands and weights near the hook? Anybody use those?

>>778521
I rarely have luck with them near the top, but the water by me is nornally warm so the bass are kinda deep.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 592x439px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 592x439px
>>778524
Forgot pic of course
>>
>>778507
Peps fuckin catfish omfg i see him every day and he rolls around with the red eye shad and smiles
>>
>>778366
> australian pricing

That explain it. Yozuri just fall into all other mid range lure here, like rap, sk, spro, mirrorolure, etc... Yozuri crystal minnow is just crankbait minnow that is around the same price, at around $10, as other brands equivalent such as rap (original, x rap), daiwa sp, etc... They can go to sale for less. Crystal minnow don't go on sale much because it's too popular, but I've seen other yozuri lure going as low as $5 each.

Lower price than those brands are no name rip off brand like south bend or the retail store own brand like BPS ( those are decent though).

Higher end lures are like lucky craft, megabass, or some other fancy japanese lures.
>>
>>778536
I keep seeing this green and yellow Megabass frog popper at Dick's that looks so nice, but can't bring myself to spend $20 on one popper. $11 is fine and I will buy Rapalas and Yo-Zuris at that price if I like them, but otherwise I will hold off and wait for a sale. Like those LiveTarget lures.

>>778531
Yup
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 800x800px
>>778539
Hnnngg!
>>
>>778540
Them nip sure knows how to make sexy lures

>>778507
> don't have much luck with lipless
> buy a shitload of them anyway
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>778556
I have had luck with lipless, just not specifically those Red-Eye Shads. Back north, the smaller Rat-L-Traps were a blast for Crappie and I have gotten a few decent largemouth on them.

I'm just saying those Red Eyes are so much better than Rat-L-Traps yet I always seem to fish them at the wrong time. Mayans and Bluegill love them but are too small to get hooked.

The Rapala rattlers on the right side of this pic work really well too.
>>
Gonna go catch me some bullheads for my pond
>>
>>778569
Do it

This bread is slow today, I hope everybody is out catching feeshes
>>
>>778655
Not me senpai
>>
File: 1464469348737-1350750747.jpg (1011KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1464469348737-1350750747.jpg
1011KB, 1944x2592px
FUCK OFF WIND I'M TRYING TO FISH.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>778702
This is why I'm getting some rope to attach to some weights to make a anchor
>>
>went fishing with my brother today
>didn't catch anything, go to a different place
>watch someone catch a white bass
>he doesn't want to fish for them because our dad doesn't like the way they taste
>tell him we'll just toss them back
>"that's pointless"
>go home
>have nothing to do
>>
>>778710
>buy own boat
>do whatever you want whenever you want

It's not like john boats are that expensive anon. Get some autism bux from the government you filthy neet.
>>
File: Random033.jpg (2MB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
Random033.jpg
2MB, 2848x2136px
what do you guys use to catch bluegills? I've only had success with live worms and sometimes corn, and I was wondering if there was something else i could use
>>
>>778720
Small meps/rooster tails usually work
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>778720
Wax worms are the best live bait imo. Otherwise small Mepps and other inlines or small Rapalas.
>>
>>778719
>buy a boat
>it's not like you have bills to pay or other expenses like food

Underage pls go, the adults are trying to fish.
>>
>>778736
>wax worms
Pepsi knows where it's at.

protip: Don't keep them in the fridge, they die.
>>
>>778744
I'm not telling you to buy the latest Tracker Bass Pro Pussy Slayer Extreme 6000 faggot. I've had my own boat since I was 24 because I bought a cheap hollow aluminum rectangle on Craigslist like any non-retard.
>>
>>778720
Forgot to say if they are too big for the Rapalas, I do really well with Jigheads, Beetle Spins, or underspins with small 1"-2" Gulp minnows or curly tail grubs.
>>
>>778744
New jon boats are easy to find under a grand. Used ones can be had for relatively cheap.
>>
Reminder that spinner baits are the got tier bass lure, versatile in almost ever situation except darkness or an unholy amount of weeds. Plus they just werkâ„¢.
>>
>>778767
Spinner baits are good for dark too because of the vibrations family
>>
>>778767
What size mepps should I get for panfish, trout, bass?
>>
File: 14644730351031954884639.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
14644730351031954884639.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>778773
3/8oz work well for me.
>>
>>778773
Size 1 for bluegill. 2-3 for big bluegill, crappie, and small bass. 4-5 for bass
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>778773
#3 might be my all-around favorite. Enough weight to cast and I will still get big bluegill and cichlids on it and the hook is large enough to hold most bass pretty well.
>>
>dad's driving the trolling motor of the boat
>back end where I'm at is drifting towards the bank
>slow motion collision with a bush overhanging the lake
>look up from tying a lure on to see a big fucking cotton mouth in my face sunbathing like a smug cunt

Luckily for me tree snakes are notoriously skittish and it dove into the water instead of trying to attach its teeth to my body. The beat part is my dad is deathly afraid of snakes. Thanks dad.
>>
File: 20160528_074029.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_074029.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Great day in fingerlakes NY
>>
>>778810

Caught and kept a dozen gills like this. Some big rockbass too. LM/SM bass were both spawning and I didn't mess with them. Water was 67-68.
>>
>>778812
>LM/SM bass were both spawning
>spawning
>didn't mess with them

Nigga..
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>778812
Hell yeah. Big bluegill like that are such a blast to catch on lighter tackle. Good eating too.

I'm still out scoping a couple new spots. The one lake that old black dude told me about, I went over there for about an hour. Got a decent largemouth so I think it's promising. Walked like a quarter of the bank but between wind coming out of the East, sun to the West, the headache that come out of that, and my car being parked in some random lot some distance away with a few thousand $$ worth of shit in there, I decided to leave.

Now that it's closer to actual sunset, I kinda want to get back there. Or possibly early AM or on a cloudy day since there are no trees anywhere nearby and it's a killer. But I think I'm going to stop by Bass Pro instead and possibly stop by a lake closer to home on my way back and see it any night bass are biting.
>>
File: 20160528_110016.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_110016.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>778720
>what do you guys use to catch bluegills?

Fly fishing small poppers is usually deadly in the late spring and early summer. I swear I have seen them following the fly before it even hits the water. Some lakes I fish they stay deep though and jigs are still best. 1/32 Oz lead head curly tail.
>>
>>778815
What is the timeline with spawning anyway? I always thought pre-spawn was GOAT for catching whatever. Then when they are actually mating, it is worthless. And while they are nesting and watching after the fry, it is tough but you are guaranteed a defensive hit if you get near the nest.

Am I close or totally wrong? I never bothered to research it for real.
>>
Anyone have an ultralight pole for trout fishing? I'm debating getting one from Cabelas or keep using my old 6' Ugly Stik
>>
>>778829
Sounds about right. If you can see where they're nesting though it's almost like cheating. Just drag a Texas rigged soft plastic of your choice through the nest and they'll hit it 80% of the time. I usually go slow enough to just barely give the plastic a little bit of action.
>>
>>778830
I forget who, but I know a couple people are running those 7'3" UL rods which looks so fun. I thiink they were Okumas but not positive.

I have a smaller 1000 size Quantum reel on a $20 6' Bass Pro rod that will toss lighter stuff ok, but my real UL is a Sienna 500 on a 5' Ugly Stik with #6 braid. That rod is really flimsy though, not sure if it is a result of a decade and a half of abuse. But with no weight on it, if I hold the rod horizontally, the tip falls towards the ground.

If I had to do that setup again, I think I would get a 1000 size instead of the 500 reel. The 500 holds plenty of the #6 braid but is just kinda awkward since it is so small. I would also like to try one of those 7'+ light action rods. Even if I didn't go that small, I would still do 6' instead of 5'.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>778835
Those Mayans like to nest real close to shore in the summer, especially near rocks. I have gotten a few of them by running stuff near their nests but since they are often really close to shore in clear water, it is tough to get hits if they see you. And since their mouths are small, they will just nip at lures instead or really trying to swallow them. I think that is just a cichlid thing.
>>
>>778536
It's just bizarre when every other popular brand is affordable, It's just cheaper to buy and support local lure makers than buying that shit.
>>
Reposting this every thread until you like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JogttpcKFIA&feature=youtu.be&t=29s
>>
>>778838
You might wanna try getting some little craw soft plastics. I don't remember who makes them, but I've just taken a small worm hook, threaded it on and dragged it along the bottom, and caught some nice green sunfish with it.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>778844
I actually grabbed some small jigs and real small crawdad type trailers from the clearance bins at Gander Mtn. specifically with the Mayans in mind.
>>
>>778854
Great minds think alike¿
>>
File: fish 2.jpg (620KB, 1868x1164px) Image search: [Google]
fish 2.jpg
620KB, 1868x1164px
Caught 2 bass today along with many panfish and a surprise visit from a long bodied fish with razor sharp teeth.. I didn't take a picture of that one but I think its called a pike?
>>
So I was thinking- why couldn't I steelhead with my four weight? I mean I'm just flicking little size 10 eggs and smaller nymphs at them for the most part, right? Or is the fly rod/line geared more for the size of the fish than lure?
>>
>>778869
Probably pike
Could be Bowfin or muskie
>>
>>778720
I've always had success catching bluegills on little rapala broke back minnows
>>
>>777245

The bigger the number, the bigger the reel.

Bigger reel should go on bigger rods, but this is subjective depending on how thick and heavy the rod is. If a rod is thicker and heavier than average, go for a bigger reel.

What is average? Lets take the Shakespeare ugly stick as a fairly standard gauge rod. Not too heavy, not too light. Average. They are general purpose rods and not finicky specialist items.
For a 9 or 10 foot average build rod, 4000 reel.
For a 7 foot rod, 2500.
For smaller lighter rods, 1000.
>>
>>778779
Comet minnow a shit
>>
>>778773
#3 or #4 mepps
>>
>>778655
caught one fucking bullhead and he wasnt doing so well so i let him back, i added 4 sunfishes and 4 shiners ( going to use them as bait sometime soon ) wiah i would have got more, Though at the first place i stopped i got 2 bass between 2 and 3 pounds, on shiners i just caught there,
surprised i didnt get more catfishes , i normally hammer them there ( a few years back i pulled out 50 in just a few hours)
>>778836
>>778830
i just somewhat recently got an okuma sst 7 ft 6 ultralight, its great for trout , and good for finesse soft plasticsfor bass/ pickerel,
have had fish up to 3 pounds on it without issue
>>
>>778903
So #3 would be the 1/4 and #4 is the 3/8 size?

I might grab a #3 to try it out
>>
File: erwer.png (978KB, 1888x919px) Image search: [Google]
erwer.png
978KB, 1888x919px
>>776944
I wanted to start fishing cheap by getting some stuff off ebay.

This was the result.

For non-Texans, Texas A&M is the largest/best university in Texas and regularly gets hate from people that went to shittier colleges.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>778869
Could also be a gar. They have that long, skinny mouth/nose which is really distinct.

>>778911
I believe that's right. #1 is 1/8oz, #2 is 1/6oz, #3 is 1/4oz, #4 is 1/3oz, and #5 is 1/2oz (I think).

#3 is a good size for pond fishin, maybe #2 if you think there will be more big bluegill and crappie instead of 3lb bass. You can still hit big bass on a #1 but it's harder to securely hook em.

>>778899
Checked

I used to think they were great, but I don't like how the minnow spins around. I would rather put a worm hook on the end and stick a Gulp! minnow or something instead.

Comets still do work, but I don't think they are really any better or worse compared to Agilas.
>>
>>778914
Did you do it from an A&M email address or something?

Rooting for colleges like that is retarded. In the North, nobody really cares. Definitely an inbred Southern thing.

Also, why are you buying up stuff like that? Just warning that you may buy a ton of shit that you will never use, especially if you are new to fishing.

Dude prolly just hates Johnny Football aka Johnny "Affluenza" Alcoholic.
>>
>>778938
>Did you do it from an A&M email address or something?
Yeah with an address in the college town.

I was buying it because I'd rather pick up a really cheap tackle box with a bunch of extra stuff I can give to friends than spend a lot on a little.

Though that may be the wrong way to go about fishing.

I'm new.

Using one of those snap-together poles my girlfriend got my last month.
Also probably need a license.
>>
>>778943
Dude don't buy that shit, it looks like useless antiques. Research what fish and water type(river, ocean, lakes, ponds) are in your area, then YouTube a fish species you'd like to fish and the water type you'd like to fish(example "reservoir bass fishing", or just "bass fishing basics").

Them buy some shit from tacklewarehouse.com. It's cheaper than eBay. They also have free shipping and 15% off this weekend.
>>
>>778943
Depends how cheap you get the stuff. It it is really cheap, even if you only use 1/4 of the stuff you might be ok.

>also probably need a license
Do it. For the DNR and the feesh. They are normally like $15-$20 for regular freshwater and it is well worth it when you consider the punishments for gettinf caught without one.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 400x400px
>>778951
+1

I'm driving again but from a quick look at that pic, it seemed like a bunch of old shit.
>>
>>778914
Gig em. But listen to everyone else about buyin shit.
>>
>>778951
>>778952
>>778956
Rog.
Guess I should do more research before just jumping in.

Quick question before I go off to start watching bass fishing videos, can you use those little spinner lures to fly fish and can you fly fish for bass?
>>
>>778957
Idk about trying to run spinners on a fly rod, sounds like a pain.

And the fly lures on regular rods and reels will be a bitch to cast I think, most of them are really light.
>>
>>778958
>most of them are really light.

Thanks for reminding me to tie some heavy clouser minnows for the ultralight. Might do some wooly buggers too.

>>778957
>spinners on fly
Probably not

>catch bass fly fishing
Definitely. Most places aren't really ideal for fly fishing in Texas though. I use my regular rods way more.
>>
File: th-1.jpg (4KB, 300x61px) Image search: [Google]
th-1.jpg
4KB, 300x61px
When I went pier fishing this week for spanish, they weren't biting that much but the ones that were being caught were caught on those long ass gold hook mackerel rigs. I don't have any pictures of those, but I tried this gotcha jig and it didn't get a single bite. This was weird because it looked exactly like what all the spanish we caught threw up, as far as baitfish. It's was really weird. But damn I love catching spanish mackerel. They fight harder than anything I've ever caught.
>>
>>778957
You can flyfish for any predatory and a few non predatory freshwater game fish in the states and most saltwater gamefish
>>
>>778971
Haven't gotten a king mackerel, boniti, tuna, or wahoo I assume? All those "blue water" species fight like hell
>>
>Be me
>8 weight rod in mail
>got it intending to fish for steelhead, pike, bass, etc
Realise there might be a chance for me to wind up in the obx of nc this summer around August
>Saltwater fly fishing?
Besides little blues like pic related and Spanish mackerel (there are always a few mixed in the blues) what could I go for?
If while I was going after the blues and saw a Ray go by, and I made a cast at it, would I be fucked if a cobia picked up my fly?
What other things could I try for out of a yak in either the sound or main ocean? Any advice for patterns?

Also how would I go about using an ohio kayak in the obx?
>>
File: 20160527_141701.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160527_141701.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>778985
I meant for its size. But no I haven't caught any of those because I don't have a way to fish offshore. Piers and wading on beaches and in inlets is my only way to fish, but I love it. The old gentlemen on the pier were saying that next month should be a good month for the spanish, so I'll definitely head back there then. I think I'll still try thay jig tho, it just mimics the local baitfish so well, I've got a good feeling about it.
>>
>>778469
so if I was to go kayak fishing how'd I best look after the fish? Net them and remove hook with them still netted or bring them onto the kayak still in the net? Try not to touch them of course
>>
>>778989
I wonder what would happen if I went out to the inlet right now and started casting bass lures...
>>
>>779000
Basically what i was trying to say it , dont drop the fish on dirt, dont handle fish with super dry hands , and ty to keep the fishes stress to a minimum
when i kaya fish i flip most fish into the boat if possible and unhook them quickly and return to water, if you need to net it or lip it go ahead, i never use a net because its one extra thing to carry with me
>>
>>779004
>>779000
touching fish is totally fine just try to have your hadf wet
>>
>>778996
>Offshore
Lern 2 kingrig
You can at least get a king mackerel. Maybe a cobia or a shark

For your heaver I'd recommend something between 12 and 15 feet and stiff as Hell so you can heave 8 ounces of weight and sliding a good pound or two down it
Put a good reel on there just to heave
Spool it with #20-#30 line
Put a shock leader of #50-#80 mono on there

Then get a stiff ass rod about 6 feet long
If it's rated for less than 80 pound test it's not strong enough
Get a reel that can hold 400 yards or more of #50 mono and get 400 yards of #50 mono on there in high vis yellow

Now you're ready for rigging
Get an anchor weight and 3 or four "clothes pins"
Now tie a rig that goes something like this

>Swivel
>3-5 feet of #100 mono
>Swivel
>1-3 feet of #5 single strand wire
>2/0 octopus hook
>4-5 inches wire
>#2 treble
>4-6" wire
>#2 trebel

Now then take your heaver and tie on your anchor weight
Set it in the sand and get the rest set up

Tie that rig on to your fighting rod
Put the "clothes pin" in the eye of the upper swivel
Catch a bluefish about the size of the one to the right in that pic
Put The octopus hook just behind the head, the first treble half way down, then depending on length either let the last treble hang free or hook it in (that's up to you to decide)
Stand your heaver straight up (I put mine in a length of pvc pipe bunjee corded to the pier) and reel Its line tight
Freespool your fighting line until the bluefish is just in the water (maybe two or three feet) and he'll swim around in circles and splash around
You'll either get a king mackerel, cobia, or shark

Now then you have two choices
Either have a pier gaff or beach the bastard
Have fun and thank me later
>>
>>779000
Checked
>>
>>779004
So when you say you "flip" it you mean you just real it in close and then lift the rod (And the fish) onto the kayak and then do it there? Do the fish flip around a bit? Because I'd imagine if they do it might be easier to just use a net

sorry, new to this all - Also can anyone recommend a fishing rod/reel combo off Amazon? There are some pretty heavy fish where I plan going so need something good quality, for saltwater river fishing - Also how much does the line/sinkers matter because I already ahve some at home
>>
>>779009
I've often considered what you're talking about, and I appreciate you taking the time to write it all down for me. That being said, the piers in my area, around myrtle Beach, are no longer good for Kings because they put all this extra sand on the beach, it flows out into the sea, And has made it more shallow. The pier I typically fish on catches between 0 and 2 Kings a year, total. I suppose there are other piers I could go to, but then we aren't allowed to catch sharks from piers in this area so there are just swarms of 4 to 8 foot sharks around all the piers just waiting to devour your catch. But I will think about it. You kingfish yourself? Got any pics of your pier catches that you don't mind sharing?
>>
>>779023
yeah thats whay i mean when i say flip, they flo around a bit but a hand ontop of them usuay stops it, Larger fish il grab in the water but a net will do as well, certain fish you can grab by the tail and others by the mouth , though you need to be carefu some fish have teeth and others spin es, I would try buying from cabellas or bass pro or some other retailer made for fishing, what will you be fishing for?
>>
File: 20150811_134630.jpg (905KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20150811_134630.jpg
905KB, 2048x1350px
>>779025
This is the only pic I have but I do it when I can
My set up is as follows:
>12 foot daiwa beefstick
>Penn mag 525 full of #20 suffix superior high vis yellow
>Uglistik tiger light jogging rod
>Penn long beach 68 with #50 suffix superior high vis yellow
>>
>>779034
You look every bit as friendly as I imagined. That's a nice shark, I know people eat the fins, but do you eat the rest of it? Never seen someone clean a shark so I really don't know.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 640x1136px
I was bitching about this to Miami anon earlier

>at far away Bass Pro last weekend
>see Booyah spinnerbait that is all chartruese
>have it in my hand and walk around with it for awhile
>end up putting it back because I'm trying to limit my impulse purchases
>go to closer Bass Pro tonight, chartruese spinner is on my list to get
>of course they don't carry it
>whole aisle of spinnerbaits and they all have silver or gold blades
>too many War Eagle spinners all the same colors to carry the Booyah I want

Such disappoint. Not sure why those things are so hard to find. The Bass Pro I was at today is actually larger than the one further away, but they carry different lines of certain stuff. They did have the Booyah Pond Magic spinners with two chartruese blades, but I wanted the full size one. And the one I wanted had thicker paint on the blades with little sparkles, nicer than the Pond Magic ones.
>>
>>779025
>>779034
Also don't worry about those "no shark fishing " signs
Unless you have a 12/0 hook on a 200 pound steel leader it's going to be hard to say you were specifically shark fishing
>>
>>779040
I wonder what would happen if I went to the pier by me and just started chumming for sharks and stuff tomorrow. It will probably be packed because Sunday on Labor Day weekend.
>>
>>779040
Yeah but if you gaff a shark and bring it up on the pier,I imagine they would call the law on you. They're worried about scaring tourists off so they've enacted a policy that actually makes the water more dangerous.
You can bet your sweet ass I don't swim at the beach like I used to, and I try to carry my divers knife when I surf fish and wade. Those shits are scary.
Btw, anyone seen the trailer for that Shallows movie? Looks kinda neat imo.
>>
>>779038
The whole thing
They're a pain to clean though the skin kills knife edges (there is a reason it was used as sand paper back in the day)
But the way I clean mine is I cut The head tail and fins off, then go up the belly from the vent
Next I gut it, don't bother with the organ meat it holds more of the toxic apex predator heavy metal pollution bull shit (at least that's what I heard)
Then skin it (surprisingly hard) and cut it into sections about as long as your knife blade. You should see thin red lines thing from the spine out
Cut along those and remove the meat
Then cut away the red meat (heavy metals and tastes super fishy and shit) now you're left with chunks of white meat
Slice them into grill friendly chunks and treat it Like swordfish; you'll be pleased
>>
>>779044
Actually I've had no problems just make sure it's legal size/species
If you can beach it do that it's good to let sharks go when you can
Lastly don't be afraid of sharks
New Yorkers bite more people a year in the city than sharks do world wide
>>
>>779049
I'm considering taking my chances, but I've got plans for my future and don't need an a rest for shark fishing lmao. I'd love to do it tho. I have a long, stout surf rod somewhere but I can't find it which is weird. Maybe it got stolen. Kinda worried about that. In any case, I need to look into the law about it.
>>
>>779054
I highly doubt you'll be arrested if you just say "I was trying for king mackerel and cobia! How am I supposed to control what bites?"
>>
>>779057
>>779054
Most likely scenario either they don't show up or nothing happens
Reasonable worst a fine
Absolute worst a fine and they take your gear but you can fight that in court
>>
>>779057
I think the issue would come if and when I gaffed it or beached it.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x399px
>>779057
+1

Fuck them. What are you supposed to do if you hook a shark? Just cut the line and send him out with a hook and a bunch of line hanging off?
>>
>>779062
What exactly do the signs say? Do they have an ordinance or law number on them?
>>
>>779065
"SHARK FISHING ILLEGAL"
It is a law but I'm not sure if it's city or county. The folks at the pier say it's Horry county law/ordinance. I can't find any info on it online. They really need to let us catch the bastards because there's no way in shit you could land a king with 5 or 20 sharks swarming the pier like they do.
>>
>>779065
None that I've seen
Only "no shark fishing"
Any who I'm off to bed
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>779070
Intredasting

But like skid said, unless you are running a huge steel leader, fuck them trying to fine you when you actually hook them
>>
>>779071
So you can wake up at 4am like you claim?

I was thinkin about getting out there early tomorrow but no way that will happen now.

New thread incoming and I'm gonna pass out.
>>
>>779070
Again it's called king rigging
The king stands for king mackerel
They can't do shit If you're fishing for king mackerel and hook a shark
They can try to ticket you but the second you go to court you can claim king rigging and it will be thrown out instantly

Its hard to prove that you were targeting shark unless you've got gear only a shark fisherman would have like 12/0 hooks and 200 pound test steel wire with a 12 pound bait
>>
>>779074
Don't work weekends
I'm just up too late
>>
File: image.jpg (291KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291KB, 1280x719px
New Thread
>>779080
>>
>>778830
I have a 4'8 Ugli GX2 UL with the GX220 shakespeare reel from the combo Peps hates so much and I love it.
I'm fishing from a yak though. I don't think I'd want a rod that short from shore.
Total blast if you catch something good sized. Baby perch even put up a good battle on it.

I got mine for $40 on sale IIRC. Worth that for just the GX2 Stick.
>>
>>778321
Pretty easy, just gotta turn the hook so that the fish comes off of the barb. A pair of long nose pliers helps with that.
If you're REALLY paranoid, you can also use the pliers to crush down the barb, which makes the fish really easy to remove. Lots of people do that, I don't.
>>
File: 2-2.gif (782KB, 750x377px) Image search: [Google]
2-2.gif
782KB, 750x377px
Hey guize
First time visitor on this board. Really want to get into fishing this summer but am complete unsure how to start. Other than having a crappy but functioning pole and physically knowing how to use it im starting at tier zero.
For instance:
How do i know where to go to fish locally? There are many bodies of water but how to know which ones are fruitful.
How to know which bait and whatnot to buy?
How to know which fish im going for?
How to not look like a complete dingus infront of bait shop clerks/other fishers?
How to find my own plentiful spots?
Any help would be awesome. Thx guize.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.