[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 56

File: image.jpg (291KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291KB, 1280x719px
#48- "Past My Bedtime" Edition

Previous Thread-
>>776944

3-day weekends a best.

Wanted to get up early tomorrow and hit that lake I checked out this afternoon. Got one nice largemouth there after only 10-15min and in the middle of a warm afternoon. I think it has potential if I get there at the right time.

Any update on YuroSaintsFan or Mainebub?

Panda Cory a cutest.

Anon wants to have sex with a carp.

Let's blog about tripfags (sarcasm but not really) and talk about fishin!
>>
File: 18302427.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
18302427.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
I call him Mr. Nibblesworth. I failed to recapture him last time. Attempt number 2 happens in 5 hours
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 1702x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 1702x630px
>>779080
>Rod & Reel Combos Under $100
Top to bottom, left to right.
1) Abu Garcia Ike 2- $39
2) Quantum Bill Dance- $39
3) Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2- $49
4) Pflueger Trion- $59
5) Bass Pro Tourney Pro- $59
6) Lew's Laser Speed Spool- $59
7) Abu Garcia Cardinal SX- $69
8) Daiwa Revros- $69
9) Mitchell 300- $69
10) Pflueger President- $79
11) Shimano Sedona/Sellus- $89
12) Mitchell 300 Pro- $89
13) Abu Garcia Orra S- $99
>>
>>779084
Lol I'm keeping up with your saga. What kinda cat is he? Have you a tank to keep him in?
>>
File: image.jpg (451KB, 1205x1901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451KB, 1205x1901px
>>779084
I vote Sir Nibblesworth

The mustache is def a "Sir"
>>
>>779087
Baby flathead I believe. I do.

>>779088
Noted. Sir Nibblesworth it is.
>>
I regret letting him go ;_;
I stuck my pinky finger in his mouth to test his bite strength, fucker bites like a pair of pliers.
He's a special catfish. Tonight I dream of Nibblesworth.
>>
File: 1452468570410.jpg (169KB, 808x1147px) Image search: [Google]
1452468570410.jpg
169KB, 808x1147px
>>779094
Don't worry dude, I'm sure you'll catch either him or one like him and then you can take pics of his little face and make dank memes out of them
>>
>>779094
Catfish always bite really stronge. It can be a bitch when a treble is lodged in there. End up using a pair of pliers as a spreader and another to get the hook out.
>>
I have a 9' Ugly Stik MH with a good size spinning real for it

What would be a good way to rig this up to fish in salt water?

I don't have a boat
>>
>>779205
If you're fishing for small fish like whiting, spots, croaker, or things like that, I always recommend a carolina rig with a piece of shrimp.
>>
>>779212
I'd like to go for bigger fish and fish lures
>>
>>779205
What are the line specs? Weight specs?
>>
Working out shit in my life. Should be back on the water next week.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 400x400px
>>779209
>being so autistic that you can't appreciate qts sprinkled into your fishing threads
>>
>>779296
Find a place to shack up?
>>
>>779301
I'm keeping the apt
>>
>>779263
It says 12-30 lb on the rod

Doesn't give anything else aside from medium heavy
>>
>>779144
>>779094
The only strong biting catfish I've ever known have been those small bullhead catfish (Ameiurus spp). It always seemed that the larger the catfish the weaker the bite, but those little bullhead always surprise me.
>>
>>779326
I wish

Fucking tropical storm has the rain pouring down and I'm sick so I don't want to go out in it as I feel shitty and don't want to prolong my illness

Might hit the tackle shop though
>>
File: IMAG0649.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0649.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
Went out to a local lake today and found this good shore spot. Caught a couple largemouth off bright inline spinners. One was around 18" that i got on a tiny pink blue fox.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>779341
Looks pretty nice

I came across this the other day and I know there were giant bass in there but it was almost impossible to cast out there as the lake was so high it was coming right up into the woods
>>
faorate kind of fishing? while i love throwing soft plastics etc for fish, and blind casting, , ice fishing, diamond jigging for bluefish, i think my personal favorate is sight fishing for bass, Spotting g them, then throwinga live shiner right infront of their face, and watching them take off
>>
>>779375
though, diamond jigging for big blues is a close second
>>
File: 314449.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
314449.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
It's really starting to rain hard. Where do you think a cute little baby catfish would be hiding?
>>
>>779341
Oh and forgot to mention I lost a Strike King Red Eye Shadâ„¢, which I just bought the order day. Snagged something on the bottom on the third fucking cast. Though I don't remember losing any other lures today so it wasn't bad overall.
>>
File: 20160528_112302.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_112302.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Jigging for a laker yesterday
>>
>>779386
I caught a baby catfish on a small spinner right up against the shoreline. It made the cutest grunting noise when I cut its spines off.
>>
>>779392
You monster
>>
>>779397
Don't give the troll any more (You)s
>>
I had a pike hit my lure twice yesterday and another one follow my lure. I'm sad
>>
>>779307
On the Saco?
>>
Someone asked about UL in last thread. My .02

>>779405
>>
About to yak out to this trench. Wish me luck. High tide is around 6PM so coming back in shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>779414
R.I.P. if you don't make it back.
>>
>>779324
I'd spool up with 17 pound high viz yellow suffix tritanium then put a #50 shock leader on there
Buy some weights ranging from 1-8 ounces and just go cast those to find what range of weights casts best and make a mental note of its ratinh
>>
File: 183105646.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
183105646.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
NONE OF THESE ARE SIR NIBBLESWORTH.
Definitely going back tomorrow morning. River level will be very high after all this rain today.
>>
>>779421
Alright

Where should I fish it and what should I throw once I figure out what weight I can handle?
Would like to throw lures

No boat so everything's gotta be from shore/pier/docks etc
>>
>>779437
Be careful about keeping baby cats. I know in Texas having them in a bucket is having them in your possesion so a game warden could give you a ticket. Even if you're going to release them.
>>
>>779439
I'm in the wilderness so that ain't happening.
>>
>>779438
For lures find cranks, poppers, spoons, and jigs about the right weight.

Find the weight that casts best and go up an ounce or two and down two or three, those are your ideal casting weights

What I say is 17-20 pounds for one-1.5 ounce 10 pounds per every ounce you're casting over that
So let's say your casting range is 1-4 ounces and you're casting 3 ounces use at least a 30 pound shock
>>
Anybody ever caught a striped bass? We have them in a lake here in sc and i was considering looking into catching one.
>>
>>779444
How should I rig up the shock leader?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>779375
Topwater for bass is a blast.

>>779209
The first ~20 threads, I was posting mostly pics of fish that I caught. But that got boring. Then I did Michael Jordan for #23 and realized there were far superior pictures on the internet than my own.
>>
>>779462
albright, use enough to run arouhd the spool 2-10 times, through the eyelets and a few feet past the tip of the rod for casting
>>
>>779457
Are you talking about the small freshwater ones? Like yellow bass and white bass? If so, I had a lake where I would get a lot of yellow bass. It was like fishing for crappie or small largemouth as far as lure choice.

>>779439
I wonder what the laws on catfish in FL are. I think they are kinda loose in a lot of states since they aren't game fish.
>>
>>779466
just checked, my state apparently considers them to be in the same categoty of panfish and has no limits
>>
>>779467
i fee3l like it shouldnt be this though , Especially the channel cats that get stocked
>>
>>779469
They may have limits in those specific bodies of water. They are often different for popular fishing spots that get stocked.

Like in IL, there was one lake near my house that is stocked and has limits on basically everything even though there were no state laws.
>>
>>779470
>5
i dont think so i cant find any of this shit Turns out i have to go to one of the ponds anyways later today to get some crappie to put in my little pond Maybe il bring a second rod and toss out some bait for cats
>>
>>779470
also hat dip bait do you use nigga? i feel like itl work great for eels
>>
>>779466
Naw bro striped bass, like those big bastards that live in the ocean and migrate upstream.
>>
>>779476
I don't even remember. I used to get jars of it at Walmart but I haven't done much catfishing in years. I just always had much better luck with any dip bait over the dough balls.
>>
>>779484
i wonder if i throw a channel ca in my pond if he will totally eat everything? probably if he gets too big
>>
>>779464
>bass

I've trolled plugs bigger than that
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 600x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 600x356px
>>779483
Ahh, you had me confused at the word "Lake"

I can't rember the name of the rig, but it is something with bucktails and trailers sorta like pic related.
>>
>>779488
I'm proud of you

And pls show pics of plugs.

It's Sunday, why not get out there and try to catch some fish instead of complaining?
>>
>>779474
I've always heard ppl want to avoid putting crappie in their ponds because of their erratic spawning and the way they feed. That being said I've had no issues in mine.
>>
>>779486
I read a story about a gentleman who's pond went to shit and he could figure out where his panfish had gone till he caught one big as muskie or pike or some fish like that.
>>
>>779514
mines a small koi pond, ruber lined font think they will be spawning in it ,
>>
have a small cheap telescoping 7 ft tenkra rod, What size fly line should i use for it? can i use anything?
>>
Since i put my braid on and been having to endure tangles for the first 10ish casts, i have zero drive to go fishing...
>>
>>779548
On a spinning combo?
>>
>>779548
>>779548
onventional or spinning? i still cant cast for shit with anything on a conventional
>>
>>779490
There's two lakes an hour away from me that have stripers and I'm 7 hours away from any ocean
>>
Does anyone know the general legality of buying minnows at petco to fish with? All the bait shops are a good distance away but petco is just down the road.
>>
>>779554
you an get in trouble for using goldfish as bait, , though if they have something like fathead minnows it MIGHT be okay, chek your local laws laws
>>
>>779551
Man, I'm finally gittin gud with the memecasters. I think I figured it out.

>Heavy, compact lures like 1/2oz Texas rigs
Spool tension up a little, brakes down
>lighter, large lures like Rapalas and poppers
Spool tension down and brakes up
>>
>>779554
I find it extremely hard to believe that would be illegal in any way
>>
>>779557
thats common sense, alot of the time i fish with lures smaller than 1/16th of an ounce so il stick to spinning for now ,
>>
>>779557
I just leave the brakes off on mine. I'll adjust the spool tension though.
>>
>>779558
you hae to make sure you arent using anything that could be considered invasive, and alot of the time goldfish are considered invasive
>>
>>779558
Idk man, we had the warnings on the Petsmart bags saying not to release these fish into the wild. And goldfish can survive some pretty cold conditions. I wouldn't want to be caught using them if it were illegal.

Not sure what the FL laws are specifically for that, but I do know you can get screwed for introducing non-native species so I'm assuming it is frowned upon.
>>
>>779563
Idk, I tried casting an X-Rap (the larger ones are still like <1/2oz) and the wind was blowing at me. The reel did not like it without the brakes cranked up quite a bit.
>>
Anyone use a hook sharpener? My jigs are getting all dull
>>
>>779567
I would be more worried about introducing a non native species than I would the penalty for getting caught doing it. That's how you fuck up an ecosystem. Just look at America's immigration policy and resulting societal rot.
>>
>>779550
>>779551
Spinning

The damn thing digs into itself, so until it loosens back up its unusable.
Even then, reeling a heavier jig seems to have that effect.
>>
>>779576
That sucks. Never had an issue with it on spinning reels.
>>
>>779565
>>779567
Well yeah, but I thought he was talking about actual minnows. Goldfish probably aren't a good idea.

>>779568
I forgot that it's always windy where you are. I'd probably use the brakes too then
>>
>>779582
And during the afternoon, the wind is always coming from the east off the ocean. At least when I am closer to home. And that sucks because a few of my good spots are on the west side of the lake so I have to cast into the wind. And if I want to cast with the wind, I have the sun in my eyes.
>>
>tfw supposed to go to an AA meeting at 6pm to pick up my 3 year medallion but really want to go fishing instead
>>
>>779590
Nice job kicking the habit

How about picking up your medal and fishing at night or tomorrow?
>>
>>779622
Not a big fan of night fishing.

The struggle between trying to get out and enjoy life or making sure to go to meetings because they try and instill a healthy fear into you of missing meetings.
>>
>>779590
Congrats Anon, you deserve to go fishing. You've earned it.
>>
File: 2-2.gif (782KB, 750x377px) Image search: [Google]
2-2.gif
782KB, 750x377px
Hey guize
First time visitor on this board. Really want to get into fishing this summer but am complete unsure how to start. Other than having a crappy but functioning pole and physically knowing how to use it im starting at tier zero.
For instance:
How do i know where to go to fish locally? There are many bodies of water but how to know which ones are fruitful.
How to know which bait and whatnot to buy?
How to know which fish im going for?
How to not look like a complete dingus infront of bait shop clerks/other fishers?
How to find my own plentiful spots?
Any help would be awesome.
>>
>>779646
Sounds like your best bet is to just grab some nightcrawlers, hooks, split shots, and bobbers and start fishing. Try different spots and ask other anglers for advice. They will know what works and where to go. Some can be dicks, but don't pay them any mind.

And if you go to a decent bait shop, they should be more than happy to help you out and even reccommend a few spots.
>>
>>779590
Good job dude. I know I'll have to quit one day but I don't think I can do it yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (381KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
381KB, 640x1136px
>>779646
Google maps is also your friend.

As far as finding spots at a new lake, it's all about looking for some structure normally. Trees hanging over the water, logs underwater, weed beds, drop-offs and bends in the shoreline, or where creeks feed in and out of lakes. That is normally where I start. Sometimes there will be a random productive spot that you wouldn't expect though, so keep moving.

Where do you live?
>>
>>779663
Yeah one day you will get tired of it. And if you can make it past the first 3 months and realize that it will always be the same if you start again, it isn't too difficult.

But before then, it isn't worth trying if you are going to keep going in and out. Wait until you really want to do it.
>>
>>779646
Internet is pretty full of info. Lots of "skilled at google maps" anons if we know your general region and what type of fish you are targetting.

Looking like a total fool is 1/2 the fun. I cast the top half of my rod about 50 feet yesterday and got to see the reactions which ranged disgust to laughing to embarassed for me. I simply don't care.
>>
>>779205
Get some Braided line about 15lb, and some 20lb flouro. Learn to tie an FG knot, Kreh loop knot, and a San Diego Jam knot. Learn the basics like knocker rigs, drop rigs, etc.
>>
>>779676
I tried to do it for Hatchery Anon or somebody in CT I think and they had an excuse for every one.

My whole afternoon yesterday was spent driving around Boca Raton looking at Google Maps.
>>
>>779590
>>779622
>>779636
Goin fishin. I will see those people next Sunday and they will probably make me give my little speech then.

If you fear public speaking, start going to AA meetings. You will conquer your fears real quick.
>>
Are there any anons from the matagorda Bay area? My buddy and I are thinking about going there next month and I was wondering if there's any good places to fish from shore
>>
>>779699
Hey cunt, I Gave you three towns to look in and you only picked one pond in those three towns
All the other ponds were in not necessarily great areas
>>
>>779805
I did also try to fish a pond in (the better part ) of on of those towns and within the hour I was there I was approached by two drunk fucks and witnessed a guy screaming at his like 8 year old kid for crossing over his line
>>
>>779805
"It's too hood" is a shitty excuse in my book. One of the lakes I go to is right down the street from the county jail, sketchy as fuck.

I'm just messin with you, you know the area better than me but a handful of those looked worth checking out.
>>
>>779375
Free lining cut bait for sure
>>
16' fiberglass canoe for about $300 or an echo solo 9' 8wt for $150. I can't decide what to get. The canoe will definitely bring more fun but fly fishing looks fun too.
>>
>>779835
My experiences with fly fishing:

>old dude with fly rod shows up
>makes a few casts
>there's yellow line everywhere
>catches nothing and leaves
>>
>>779839
Kek. There's definitely some truth to that. Guys who come out with the fly rod just to look fancy even though they would do much better on regular tackle.

There is a time and a place for it though.
>>
File: New.jpg (124KB, 972x547px) Image search: [Google]
New.jpg
124KB, 972x547px
welp new rod , ad a bunch of tackle, Plus now have an cabellas card so i earn points that eaquels in store cash so thats cool i had the reel and line
>>
>>779856
Hell yeah, those Gulp mullets are great.

How much does Cabela's give you back in rewards? Dick's is 3% I think. Bass Pro is lower, like 1% on most stuff and 2% on store brand but they have lots of "double points" weekends and coupons.
>>
>>779861
in store purchases in cabellas you ger 3% out of store its only one percent, But i got bills and shit to pay so il hopefully be getting back 5-10$ per month Plus to sign up you ger $20 worthof points, and if you make however many putchases in the first month you get an extra $10 Plus i got a free hat, ( well two they gave me a second one As for the mulets , theyre $10 each but right now if you buy 2 of the you get $10 mail in rebate
>>
>>779861
>>779863
Plus if you go to a silver or gold acount it bumps up the percentages i believe
>>
>>779863
>>779865
its only 2% in store, Just checked, 3% if you have a silver account, and 5% with a cgold account
>>
>>779863
Dick's and Bass Pro had those rebates going on Power Bait and Gulp for a few months. I can't stand mail-in rebates though. I had a $10 one on that Fenwick rod I bought and never mailed it in.

I'll be damned if I'm going to fill out a form, copy the receipt, put it all in an envelope with 50¢ stamp, drive to the mailbox, drop it inc drive home, wait 6-8 weeks, get the rebate check, drive to the bank, wait in line, deposite $10 check, and finally have my $10 back 2 business days later when it clears.
>>
>>779870
>Update
eh il do it since its esentially getting one of the packs for free,
>>
>>779866
What is the "Gold" account?

I get some specialy coupons from Bass Pro sometimes for being one of the top 5% or some shit of rewards card holders. But nothing too great. Some of it is invites to events and one was a big weekend sale a couple months ago and I was able to get the sale prices and extra points a day early.

I see lots of fishing charter guys and commercial fisherman at the Bass Pro by me sometimes, and I always thought it would be nice to be the greenhorn who had to stop by Bass Pro every other day to restock on supplies. Get your own reward card and they probably spend $500 on little shit every time they go. That would add up to a lot of store credit.
>>
>>779875
no clue, i just hae the basic shit il read into it some more
>>
>>779875
>date] [Auto] 9
its actually silver and black, silver has a 10k spend requirement on it yearly and the black has a 25k other than that i cant tell the difference other than the change in percentages
>>
I finally found my old surf rod! I know it has to need fresh line by now, and it says it can go up to 20lb and hold 180 yards. Should I go with that or is that more of a suggestion? I'll be using it to jig spanish mackeral and probably to try to catch sharks or something but we will see.
>>
>>779080
I see you didn't forget the fridge.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>tfw Pepsi can't catch big bass
Fuck you guys.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>779916
>>
>>779910
#50 braid
You can cast it a country mile and haul in plenty
>>
>>779408
Yeah, sorting all my life shit out, hoping to win the woman of my dreams back.

I'll keep the apt though if all else fails.

I really hope we can hash shit out.
>>
>>779835
What are you fly fishing for?
>>
>>779916
Damn. Wish we had fish like this where I am.
>>
>>779839
My experience with fly fishing
>Show up with fly rod
>No one catching anything
>make a few casts
>Catch big bluegill
>Keep going
>More big gills
>Only one to walk home with dinner that night
>>
>>779921
Hey Skid, you are the one who often use 2 pc rod right? Is it normal for the top pc of rods to still be twist- able with force once put together? They aren't coming apart or anything though. Will it make the guides misaligned during fishing though?
>>
>>779924
I thought it was a snag at first, then a catfish until it broke the water.

I wish I had a good scale. That one had to be 6lb+ but everybody will shit on me because it's hard to judge size with pics like that plus my big hands.

I need Miami anon here, or just another person with girly hands. Makes the feesh look much bigger.
>>
>>779924
Bub I've got an eight weight rod in the mail
If I get a kayak I may go to The obx for fishing
If I'm using a 1x or 0x tippit with a steel leader would that be good for small blues? If I casted at a Ray and hooked an okay cobia would I be fucked?
>>
>>779930
six and a half,
>>
>>779931
You'd be fine, just take your time fighting it. I remember watching a guy catch a sailfish with an 8 weight in YouTube. It was a crazy video if I had a computer around I'd find it. I think you'd be all right.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 750x1334px
Who #DEVILISH here?

>Pumpkinseeds nesting
>toss a black curlytail jig in the nest
>they pick it up to clean the nest

I've caught the same one like 5 times

pumpkinseeds! When will they learn??
>>
>>779931
Also if you are using streamers I wouldn't even use a tippet. I'd make a leader with 3ft of 40# 3ft of #30 and three feet of #20. The. Attach a short steel leader as your tippet. I'm sure you could get away with a 15# steel leader at 6inches. Would cast decent and you could land some big fish with enough finesse
>>
>>779935
i put 4 in my pond yesterday, next on the list its crappie, and perch, maybe catfish
>>
>>779937
Careful saying that. I'm positive moving fish is a big deal in your state.
>>
>>779938
And by whast i said i mean i totally am not planning on puting any fish in that pond, Its my frog pond
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>779932
Yee

This lake aint too bad. No little shits really
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 425x481px
>>779940
Hey you cant move frogs either
>>
File: 1460867866731.jpg (83KB, 574x323px) Image search: [Google]
1460867866731.jpg
83KB, 574x323px
>>779944
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>779943
Fuck me, just had another one on and he popped the hook. Prolly 3-4lbs, not as big as the first one.

That fucker was feisty though, he jumped like 4' out of the water when I pulled him up near the drop-off. Never seen a bass jump that high.

I need to make a Youtube vid at this place.
>>
>>779916
Lol what is that like a pound? Nice dink faggot. U suk.

Really tho, what'd you catch it on?

>>779922
>hoping to win the woman of my dreams back.
Don't give up.

>>779927
It should be fine
>>
>>779938
>>779944
its a small rubber lined koi pond, Frogs come from the woods to chill
>>
>>779958
Chartruese lizard my friend. The second one was on a white Zoom fluke stik, and the third was chart lizard.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 446x336px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 446x336px
>>779976
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>779983
Those Fluke Stiks are pretty cool lures as well. But those lizards do work. I wasn't sure if I should run those or a more natural color because the water was pretty clear. It obviously wasn't the wrong choice.

I wanted to stay there later but the best place to park is this little rec center for the subdivision and they close the gates at 8pm. I got lucky the dude was still there when I left or I would've been hopping curbs and driving through grass.

My boots and pants are also soaked. That lake is strange, there's grass with like 2"-6" of water for a few feet before you actually get to open water. So if I didn't walk through it and get wet, I would be dragging these big bass through 10' of rocks and grass and then have to throw them back over it into 1' of water when I released em. I'm not trying to do that to the beauty that I got today.
>>
>>779936
Sounds like a good idea
I already ordered tieable 49 strand steel leader. Its 20 pound But only as thick as 15 pound mono. I also got some of those no knot fast snap things so I don't have to deal with cutting and retying every time I want to change patterns. They are larges so they're claimed 25 pound strength. So 40, 30, 20, wire tippit?
I'd have a few tied up
A few wire and a few 0x tippits so I can change my mind

Any good patterns? What are some good target species besides the blues and Spanish mackerel that are there around August? And obviously I'll cast at any vaguely fish shaped shadow I see including rays and hope I don't get spooled. I'll rig up a quick release anchor. Ill probably never be past 20 feet deep so I'll rig up a light sand anchor on a cleet with a bouy at the end and if I start getting stripped I'll unhitch and go for a ride. Hopefully I don't get pulled miles off shore and die But If I get too far from land I'm okay cutting my line and paddling back
My life isn't worth a big fish and 40 dollars of line and tackle. Well maybe it is. But whatever.
>>
>>779927
That's not right
Try putting paraffin wax on the male fitting it will tighten it up a little
>>
GODDAMN IT so many normies at the lake tonight

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>779997
Memorial day weekend

Fugg little indian kids notice me fishing and run around in the water

One of the tykes sat on my tacklebox because

>where am i supposed to sit, ill get sand on my pants ;_;
>>
>>779987
I don't normally worry about color unless it's really clear or it's a really pressured spot. I think chartreuse just pisses the bass off for some reason.
>>
>>780001
I dont mind older kids since they're genuinely interested in fishing and you can have a conversation with them, but toddlers are the worst. If you're a parent and you think it's my responsibility to make sure YOUR runt doesn't touch my things, i can't be liable when he drowns.
>>
>>779988
You might even be able to get away with casting a 5' 20# or 30# mono with the thread leader. If your using sinking line it should be fine.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>780002
Yeah I grabbed some chartruese curly tail worms and they seem to do work as well.

I hate Walmart so much. Stopped by one in Boca to see what they have as well as grabbing a couple more worm hooks and 1/2oz weights since I lost a couple. They are always missing one of the main things I'm looking for. Needed some #4 or #5 EWG worm hooks since I lost a couple and bought some 6" Gambler flukes that could use big hooks. Of course they only had #4 and #5 in the regular gap.

On the upside, bags of Zoom are only like $2.49 assuming they have the type you like. I would rather have the paddle tail ones but whatever.

Those Strike King Perfect Plastic flukes might be my favorite though. The size is perfect and the slots for the hooks are just right, but they are $6+ for a bag. I'll wait til I use up a few more of the ones I have before grabbing more.
>>
How do i fix/stop my line curling?
>>
I went for a little kayak ride the other day. I threw my line for about 3 hours and had some beers but I didn't catch anything. I'm pissed off and I want to vent off.

What about you /out/, have you had any luck so far?
>>
>>780014
By buying braid
>>
>>780008
I'm not sure what line I'll get. I'm always partial to floating line because I can make floating line sink but I can't make sinking line float and I'm not sure I'm willing to she'll out the cash for two reel spools and two lines
>>
>>780022
I think you're right skid. I should switch to braid on the spool and a flouro leader
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>780009
Got #4...
>>
File: 20160516_163412.jpg (890KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20160516_163412.jpg
890KB, 2048x1350px
>>780026
You need number 2
>>
>>780001
>fishing
>fishing for hours
>mom shows up with some litle ish kids
> kids start playing in water right infront of me ,
>Tell kids to get out of the way otherwise im going to hook them
>mom walks out in water to defend kids
>yells at me to not talk to her ids that way
> fine
>tell her to get the fuck out of the way or il hook her
> they get up and leave
> fish were spooked anyways and i had to change spots
> feels bad man
>>
>>780031
>Be me
>Surf Fishing
>20 feet down the beach a surfer gets in after walking right past me
>Surfs towards me
>Surfboard fins cut off my line
>Get in a big argument with him
>after 15 minutes of shouting he finally caves and apologises
>gives me 5 bucks to replace my lost shit

Gotta love being 6'2". that was back when I had hair half way down my back, a beard, and looked like I could literally throw people. I had thrown people too
Ill take intimidation any day
>>
>>780039
>Update
6 ft 3 here
step up nigga
im usually friendly though one of my faorate spots to fish is where the highschool crew team practices and while they piss me off i gotta be nice because its a bunch of qts i went to highschool with
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I found the perfect box for Miami anon. I'm suprised Bass Pro doesn't have a bigger selection of boxes like this. All of theirs were basic ones mostly. I figure shencan just toss this in her backpack for now and eventually get on a 3600 bag like the Plano Weekender.

This one is perfect for a couple bags of soft plastics on the one side and then lures and everything else on the other. Plus it has the good latches on it. Most of mine have the shitty latches I have no confidence in and I have to take a Dremel to it to customize them like this one.

>>780030
I have a bunch of #2 and #3. #2 EWG are good for those finesse worms, #3 EWG for lizards and those hog things, #4 EWG for the flukes and crawdads, and #5 EWG for bigger flukes.

I still need to find the #5's for those Gamblers. I think I actually have some weighted #5's, but they aren't heavy enough to do what I want to do with them. Maybe I could still Texas rig it with a weighted hook. That would be funny.
>>
>>780043
You sure you don't mean 2/0?
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>780043
In retrospect im wishing i got a larger size box

Bucktails get kinks when they're crowded
>>
>>780039
Man, if you think that's bad, you should see what it's like at the skatepark when parents show up with their kids and think it's a good place to tech them how to ride a skateboard. It gets dangerous. Most of the time we just scare them off before we ever have to say anything.

But for god's sake, you can teach the kid how to ride a skateboard in your driveway. Don't fuck drop them in the bottom of an 8' deep bowl.
>>
>>780046
2/0 for what? By #2, I mean 2/0. Those work well for the finesse worms and shakey head worms.

I need sumn 5/0 EWG's for these 6" Gamblers.
>>
>>780043
Miami anon is a girl?????
>>
>>780049
Yeah. I mean I'm in gravel for a driveway so my warped board and I go to a parking lot but still. Also my trucks might be loose, I'm getting hella wheel bite. But this isn't the thread for that so I digress
>>
>>780051
I'm talking #2 not 2/0
I'll get a pic tomorrow
>>780052
Really?
Pepsi propose, Now, bugger the bf
>>
>>780040
Hey you said your mum has an open room to rent? Would you accept buttsecks and some cleaning and yard work as rent until I got a job? How far to salt water?
>>
>>780043
I use #4s for the lizards.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>780052
Technically Miami anon is 2 people, a girl and a guy.

>>779919
>>779916
Ok, so I finally got home and got the tape measure out. I purposely lined him up with the rod in that pic so I could get an accurate measurement.

End of the writing on the rod is 24", so that bass was 25"-26".
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>780063
4/0 EWG? Those just seem to stick out quite a bit from the bottom. I can get away with 2/0, but I like 3/0 EWG for them. I wouldn't blame you for using the 4/0 though.

>>780052
>>780065
And as far as Miami anon, it was the female half that wanted to start fishing and bought a rod and reel first. But the male half has been getting all the luck and was using my stuff for the first couple fishing trips and ended up grabbing a Pflueger Trion and Ugly Stik last week so he is good to go.

It's funny watching them because one bought some bullet weights and soft plastics and the other bought some hooks and they keep everything together in the same backpack and kinda argue what is whose. Not really argue, hard to explain. But then I end up just giving them my tackle bag and telling em to tie a Texas Rig out of my stuff.
>>
>>780065

Grats on catching a noteworthy fish. I broke a good one off my 15lb leader today, should have retied at the beginning of the day ;_;
>>
>>780060
kek,
il pass on the anal, and i do most of the yard work and cleaning right now anyways since its a month til i start at work again
if you could nab a job , possibly,
an hour to the shore if you hit trafic, On a bike, and hauling you could get there in 40 min, maybe less
Then again youre also litterally a mile to a fantastic trout fishery the (about) one mile stretch of river by my house gets 10 thousand fish anually, Most being .75-1.5 lbs but every year we get a handfull of broodstock (3-9 pounds) last year i think the mile i fish most ended up with 109 broodstock
>>
>>780070
>Update
the mile and a half uprier of the mile im talking about gets 12-13 thousand fish anually, and above that gets even more,
>>
>>780070
>an hour to the shore
Jesus Christ. Skid, just get a job here and you can chill on the futon in the guest room at my mom's house for a bit. 10min bicycle rod to the pier.

You can offer her the buttsecks too but I'm not sure what she will think of that.
>>
>>780070
So next month you're to the hatchery? Think your ma would want a live-in maid?
>>
>>780075
What would rent be? I'm considering it. And I'll make a salt angler out of you
>>
>>780076
I honestly think my mom might want that. You can take care of the dogs and shithead cat (opening the door and letting the dogs out while keeping the cat in every 4-6hrs) and mow the lawn once every week or two.

You know how to skim a pool?

>>780077
Kek, I wonder if she would actually go for it.
>Mom, there's some random kid from the internet who wants to sleep in the guest room!
Maybe I'll move out of this apartment I'm renting from her and you can take it over. It's pretty sweet and she will feed you when she cooks a rack of ribs or some pork tenderloin and only eats 1/4 of it.
>>
>>780077
Forgot to add, if you did move down here you could comfortably ride your bike around 365 days a year.
>>
>>780076
I got an empty basement i'd like to rent out, but i live in NJ version of pennsatuky.

Pretty good if you like fishing marshes or creeks or the D&R, but im like 45 minutes minimum from the shore i think

Not very convenient.

Plus it's new jersey. Aint exactly california tier when innawoods
>>
>>780079
I can take care of cats and dogs, what is there to know about skimming a pool, dip the net thing in and scoop out what shouldn't be there, I actually kinda like mowing lawns, and I'm not random I'm the fishing lunatic who rides a motorcycle everywhere and once peed in a sink because I didn't want to touch the seat
I can also cook pretty well
>>
>>779824
You're black though so no one would give you any trouble if you walked through the hood
>>
>>780082
Jersey and cali both suck imo
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>lose 2 hooks, buy 10 more
>lose 3 weights, buy 15
I need to stop doing this. Those 1/2oz bullet weights are not making my tackle bag any lighter.

>>780083
>didn't want to touch the seat
So you pee sitting down?
2crazy4me

Seriously though I don't even lift up the seats anymore in public bathrooms. I just try not to dribble too much.
>>
>>780083
Just house me feed me and give me an allowance. If something needs doing just point it out and it will get done
>>
>>780087
No I just didn't want to bend over to lift it up. The lid and all were down, it was 2 am, and I said "Fuck it"
>>
>>779993
Well, I just tighten it a bit by hand and I think it's fine now. It doesn't twist unless I apply a decent amount of force of it. If it doesn't twist at all then I would run into another problem of never getting them apart.

Is it recommended to store them in 1 pc or 2 pc or it doesn't matter. I prefer leaving them in 1 pc so I don't have to attach and reattach it everytime, unless I actually need to split it apart for tight transport situation.
>>
>>780067
>Those just seem to stick out quite a bit from the bottom
They do kinda, but I don't think it really affects the action much. I'm paranoid if I use a 3/0 I'll set the hook and I'll miss the fish of a lifetime because he had it by the back end. Just one of those dumb superstitions. I might be making a trip to Florida soon. We should fish one day.
>>
>>780086
I like redwood forests :(
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Anybody use these Gambler lures? These flukes caught my eye, they are pretty big but have some nice colors.

The thing is the company is based like 10min from my house and a couple blocks from where I work. I wonder what else the company makes and if I could somehow get some stuff for really cheap if I went over there and got to know them.

>>780096
I know what you mean. When I first started using those Zoom Finesse Worms, all I had as far as worm hooks were 2/0 regular gap ones. Those worms are pretty thin so I could still hook stuff but was worried that I would lose a big one.

With the big EWG hooks sticking out the back, it seems to pick up a lot of that dark green/black gunky stringy algae on the bottom of some lakes and it pisses me off.
>>
>>780067
Miami anon here, we're planning on sharing our stuff now, so it's gonna be two people using that tackle box.
>>
>>780096
Also those lizards are pretty thin depending where you hook them anyway. 2/0 EWG seems to work with them and 3/0 EWG seems perfect to me.

And if you make a trip to South Florida, maybe you can teach me how to fish saltwater. Plus the Miami anons are just down south and there is another anon further north in the Palm Beach County.
>>
>>780104
Who is this Palm anon
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 738x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 738x640px
>>780103
Kek, we'll see how that goes. I was thinking about buying 2 for both of you but you guys don't have a ton of stuff yet anyway.

And as it grows, you can share something like pic related. Plano Weekender 3600. It will come with 2 of those plastic boxes inside and normally fit 4 or maybe 5 so you can add the one you already have to it. You can get those bags online for just over $20, otherwise Bass Pro or Dick's will have something similar for $20-$40 depending on the company and style.

There are also the tackle backpacks like I got my little bro and those actually hold ~4 of those 3600 boxes in the bottom. Or just a regular backpack and keep a few of those boxes in it. This one will be perfect for that little bag you carry around now though. And you could easily fit a second or a smaller 3500 in there if you wanted.

>>780108
Idk where exactly he lives. Tells me about Juno pier sometimes and I tried to see if he wanted to hit a bass lake once or twice but no luck. Knows about a handful of my spots (or at least has driven past them before).
>>
I am feeling so hype for tomorrow. I am heading to Cape Cod area to go for Stripers for the first time this year. I've got chartreuse clousers tied up, ready to go!
>>
>>780075
>>780075
its not that bad when within a mile of your house you have 2 decent bass/ pickerel ponds, and a trout river, also not bad when you know bunch of old guys who bring you out on their friends boats all the time becaue they know you will catch fish and clean th boat t the eld of the day
>>780076
half month actually, and il still be live in maiding , paying rent and working
still going to be fishing almost every day
>>
File: image.jpg (309KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
309KB, 640x1136px
>>780116
I need to meet some people with boats for sea fishin'

If I don't want to drive further than 5min, I have these few lakes. The one on the NW side is bretty gud.
>>
>>780120
ive got to get out and get a big shark with them one of these days
>>
>>780104
Yeah I wouldn't hesitate to use a 3/0 if I need to, but I ain't gonna fix what's broke

And I don't know anything about saltwater lol
>>
Has anybody done noodling here before? I'm thinking about trying it soon.
>>
>>779676
>casted the top half of my rod about 50 feet

My old Shakespeare Prius likes doing this now, anyone have a fix for this? I thought about electrical tape for a tighter fit.
>>
>>780201
Yeah, really depends on the pasta though, ramen only needs 3 minutes but spaghetti takes 11
>>
>>780201
Don't get ded. If you lose your footing and a big flathead wants to take off into deeper water with your arm, RIP in pieces.

I could never do that. I'm the guy who doesn't like the feel of seaweed under my feet while swimming in a lake.

>>780207
Will it still fit even with a thin layer of electrical tape around the male end? I wonder if plumber's teflon tape would work. I would probably just say "fuck it" and epoxy it.

Still think what I did a few weeks ago was worse when I hooked one of my rods sitting behind me on a cast and whipped the whole thing into the water.

>>780222
Penne masterrace
>>
>>780224
Gonna be safe as I can. I'm not retarded and crazy, just crazy. I'll be wearing water shoes and skintight shorts&tshirt(to protect from parasites). Thinking about chain mesh gloves or thick leather gloves, maybe both.

Fucking scared of snapping turtles more than anything, friend caught one last time we went their. But hey, it's all worth it if I can catch Sir Nibblesworths mom or dad so I can ask where he's at.
>>
What would be a good substitute or a way to fix a broken eyelet on a telescopic rod?
I've just used duct tape and wrapped it around the metal eye holder but it's not ideal
>>
>>780229
I saw a River Monsters where Jeremy Wade went noodling in Oklahoma

Got a 53 lb catfish
>>
>>779646
As suggested by>>779655 go to your local shop and ask them for advice. They have to be pretty damn damn and up their own ass to scare a potential new customer off.
If the staff there is worth their sal(t)ary they will be happy to help you with everything. As for buying gear(lures etc.) start simple. Senseless to spend a lot of money if you are not yet sure if fishing is something you will really like.
>>
>>780112
>Cape Cod
rainy/crappy here. I'm thinking of heading out for a few hours but it's going to downpour all afternoon.
>>
>>780261
Go to a sporting goods store, they sell replacement eyelets.
>>
>>779080
Anyone ever build their own rod?
I'd like to give it a go.
>>
>>780452
Some anon in Cali did (or tried to). It took him a few months because he had to keep ordering parts since everything he got the first time didn't fit right.

Not sure what ever happened with that.
>>
Went to a small pond this morning that's supposedly stocked by the state wildlife dept. If that thing had bass living in it there was no way I was catching any. The entire bottom was covered with dead worms and there were juvenile frogs (looked like half fish half frog) everywhere. I threw a spinner in a few times, only caught worms.
>>
I think this afternoon might be attempt #4 at getting Miami anon to catch a fish.

>>780457
Did you see any fish?

A small pond like that, it doesn't take a ton to totally fuck up the water quality. Maybe something happened that killed a bunch of em off.
>>
Is it worth fishing in the rain? It's drizzling here but my pond is like 100 yards away. Should I try?
>>
>>779938
So uh
I just did some looking
Looks like the skidin minnow is just a small clauser minnow tied in marabou instead of hair
Does that qualify as means to 're name it?
>>
>>780477
Go for it. As long as you don't mind getting wet, it normally isn't really any worse in my experiences.
>>
>>780477
It's worth a try
>>
>>780477

No, fish don't like getting wet.
>>
>>780475
There were a lot of minnows, and a crane was also chillin in the area so there had to be some decent fish there. Catfish and bluegill at the very least.
>>
What are some tricks for midday fish? I can never seem to catch anything between like 11 and dusk.
>>
>>780531
Go for something other than bass.

Or you have to find their holes deep in the lake and drop the bait right in front of them. It's a bitch.

Sometimes you can get stuff midday if a storm front or whatever is rolling in. But if I get out early in the AM and don't get much, I'll go home by 10am and go back out at like 5pm.
>>
>Tfw I can drive 2 minutes down the road and be at 4 different rivers
>>
>have camping trip booked next weekend
>wanted to fish
>all weather accounts say massive storms all weekend

fug
>>
File: image1.jpg (172KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
172KB, 640x1136px
>>780108
tis me. I'm actually back and forth between Tampa and Palm Beach, so I'm the one posting alot of the seatrout on the blue kayak. The inshore fishing up here is such an awesome new adventure, and as long as I'm not getting skunked I'll keep figuring it out 1-2 fish at a time.

I think we've got another SoFlo anon tho because the Juno pier suggestion wasn't me actually.
>>
>>780224
u wuld like pennes. What's with all the gay fishermen in this bread.

>just kidding it's 4chan I'm not suprised at all
>the only miracle is I've avoided the gay as long as I've been here
>tfw kind of feel like an oldfag when I recognize /k/ memes from 09
>>
>>779080
>3-day weekends a best.
For fishing? Yeah, no.
Everything out here is overrun with mexicans who just let their catch rot on shore.
>>
>>780531
Shade.

Bass are predatory fish and also highly territorial. So they're hiding away from the light because they're mostly ambush predators and a low profile is in their best interest. In lakes without alot of structure, they tend to hide in deep holes or a part of the water column called the "thermocline" which is the most comfiest temp for them at that given time.

The territorial thing I'm not as well versed on but if anyone else knows maybe they can chime in. I know its the chan but still I don't want to feed you too much bullshit.
>>
>>780606
>3-day weekends a best.
>For fishing? Yeah, no.
I gotta agree here. Everywhere I've gone all weekend there were people. I hate people. Usually maybe one or 2 at best, no, like a dozen or better everywhere.
>>
>>780605
The mental illness is strong here.

I'm still not 100% sure Miami anon isn't a trap.

>>780606
I also mentioned that. The spot we were at Friday, I will see somebody there maybe 1/10 of the time I go. On Friday afternoon there were two other people who came up while we were there.

My new spot with that huge bass was empty though. That place is great. I'm so glad dude told be about it because from Google Maps it doesn't look like you could fish it.
>>
>>780620
>Google Maps it doesn't look like you could fish it
I spent lots of time going to all the lakes, etc in the area to find decent fishing spots. Everything was overrun. Even some backwater bays I found on the river.
Memorial day weekend has turned from fishing to just simple bbq and preparing some of the fish I caught previously for family and friends.

I don't mind if a couple people go fishing where I go. Usually it's just a couple carpenters who go before work and eat their catch for lunch. But weekends like this it's just disgusting how much is wasted.
>>
>>780625
I know. Look at the OP and click the link to the previous thread. I made fun of it in that OP.

My mom and brother went to the beach today. Still not sure why they would subject themselves to it. At least a lot of the Canadians and New Yorkers have gone back home by Memorial Day.

My spots are mostly hard to find though, it just seems like all the guys who go out once every week or two decided to show up at the same time.
>>
Was out fishing yesterday when my Fireline snapped off my finger when casting twice. I thought this shit was strong as fuck. Anyone know why this happened?
>>
>>780599
Weather changes, you should be fine bruv
>>
>>780634
Line abrasion
>>
>>780065
Nice fish peps
>>
>>780637
it usually rains for weeks at a time here
i would be surprised if the rain didnt come
>>
>>780111
>Tells me about Juno pier sometimes and I tried to see if he wanted to hit a bass lake once or twice but no luck. Knows about a handful of my spots (or at least has driven past them before).

There's more than one of us here. I'm the one that tells you about the pier.
>>
File: IMG_20160530_174029.jpg (4MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160530_174029.jpg
4MB, 4096x2304px
What is this and why are they so fun to catch on a fly rod?

I rarely see these in Maine, but they are everywhere here in Massachusetts.
>>
File: IMG_20160530_173011593.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160530_173011593.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
>>780699
>>
File: IMG_20160530_172711912.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160530_172711912.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
>>780700
>>
File: IMG_20160530_172149365.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160530_172149365.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>780701
>>
What were the salt hair patterns I said before?
Yellow back looks like bunker ,blue back looks like mullet, and white looks like both?
>>
>>780699
Looks like a redbelly sunfish
What pattern were you fishing?
Also
>>780481
Uhh
>>
>>780718
Was using a really small popper with rubber legs, and a Joe's Smelt.

Was a blast fishing for them. Water was so clear and my kayak was quiet. You could watch them in this little nests or whatever.
>>
>>780720
Sounds fun. Also about flies; does a change of material in the clouser minnow warrant a name change? Cause the skidin minnow is just a clouser minnow tied in marabou instead of hair
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Miami anon is getting some bites. We are getting a little closer to catching an actual fish each time.

>>780720
If you think those are fun, you need to get those Mayan cichlids one day. Real feisty like the sunfish but like 10" long
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
My Memorial Day keeper. Caught six, saw about 500. They were pretty skittish I think due to the water being so clear.
>>
>>780748
What is that one with those spots?
>>
>>780620
How could you say this about me. I can't believe you ;_;
>>
>>780756
Looks like a Tr/out/
>>
>>780756
brook trout
>>
>>780731
>>780757
How arent they catching anything

Just give them some night crawlers or use tiny hooks with curlytail grubs and aim for crappie or bluegills/shellcrackers/other sunfish
>>
>>780763
They want bass though
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>780763
Finally!!!

And the first time we went, it was a sunny afternoon and sucked. Second time I brought shiners and boyfriend got a big gar and a snapping turtle. Then friday she still had no luck but boyfriend got a Mayan and largemouth on a Rapala.
>>
>>780772
Noice
Hope they stick with it
>>
File: 0508161508.jpg (5MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0508161508.jpg
5MB, 4160x2340px
I've got a pond on my property that I'll document all the things I catch tomorrow. Usually I get faggy little large-mouth bass and crappie but I've caught lunkers before. I use a pink plastic worm. Pic related.
>>
Waited the river today in a bathing suit
No trout biting so I tried to focus cover and got about 30 rock bass, quite a few dark (but small) largemouths, and a hand full of perch
>>
File: Fishing.jpg (42KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
Fishing.jpg
42KB, 539x960px
G'day fellas, I'm just headin out for a cheeky after work fish, on the hunt for whiting.

Pic semi related, same place about a week or two ago.
>>
>>780748
why does your sink hole have a weird metal plug with holes in it?
>>
>>780817
A what mate? The drain plug?
>>
>>780817
Not the guy you're replying to but that's a sink strainer dumbass.
>>
>>780777
Checked.

And she seems to enjoy it, even when not catching anything. Had a second one on a few min ago but it jumped off. And I don't think he was super into it at first until he started catching fish and he bought a rod and reel and a few lures in the past few weeks which I was stoked on.

I'm tryin to figure out some good spots closer to where they live so they can get out for an hour or two right at sunset and catch a bunch of fish. It's hard for me to do 6hr fishing sessions most of the time so baby birds need to fly on their own.
>>
I've lived on Lake Superior my whole life and I've never been fishing. All my coworkers love it so I think I'll give it a whirl
>>
>>780857
>Lake Superior
So where exactly are you? I bet you have a ton of smaller lakes and rivers nearby for bass, northern pike, walleye, and all sorts of shit.
>>
>>780868
By Superior WI and yeah we got all sorts of good fishin apparently I just never cared much to look into it
>>
File: 20160530_213225.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160530_213225.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I went fishing in the rain like tall said. We caught 31 and a nice bass my buddy threw back.
>>
>>780872
Oh man, I was hoping Northern Wisconsin. It's beautiful up there. A buddy who I was talking to last night has a cabin near Eagle River and he's waiting for bass season to open up so he can check out from real life for awhile.

It's a fun hobby and lets you get outside. I can't stand just sitting at home on weekends. Used to fish a lot when I was younger, then kinda quit during high school and finally picked it up again a few years ago. Great way to kill a Saturday afternoon. Even if I don't catch anything, I would rather be outside with a little quiet than watching reruns of old movies all day. I also don't fux wit vidya so I need something to do between work and sleep.
>>
So I decided I'm going to save up for 3 things
A kayak
A computer that isn't shit
And a car to say sorry to my folks for totalling their car

But I digress
Think for 350 I can buy a kayak/trailer and rig it up for fishing?
Anyone know the legal beurocracy that goes in to legally using an ohio kayak in north Carolina if I go down there and use it?
>>
>>780904

>Anyone know the legal beurocracy that goes in to legally using an ohio kayak in north Carolina

What does that even mean? Do you guys need to register kayaks down there? Up here you don't need to register unless you put a motor on it.
>>
>>780909
I don't know if there is any legal issues just that I can't afford a ticket and can't read that quadrupole negative legal mumbojumbo
>>
>>780904
Should be fine, you normally don't have to register small boats with no motor
>>
>>780914
I'll probably make some phone calls eventually
Oh hey peps you have a cdl so you know about driving law right?

What is the law on indicator and brake lights if yours are unobstructed by the trailer and/or paired with hand signals?
>>
>>780921
Fuck if I know. They all have to be working on a semi truck or you can get a big fine for each one that is out.

What are you on about? Obstructing them on the bike or making a trailer without working signals? You may be fine with the hand signals but be safe. Not sure what the law is on all that.
>>
>>780910
skid, i hae an cheap telescoping tenkara rod, (7 ft) what line should i use for it etc?
>>
>>780925
Yes
>>780924
>>
>>780929
great answer, but seriously any clue? no real markings on the rod
>>
>>780929
>>780924
I'll make some phone calls to the dmv

What do you Do if Jack knifing happens and what causes it? I imagine Jack knifing is infinitely worse on a motorcycle
>>
>>780933
No idea. I don't know tenkara only normal fly fishing
>>
>>780941
>Update
any clue on how i could figure it out? just try anything with 6-7 ft of leader
>>
>>780942
I did some googling and I think you need tenkara specific line. Uoure only going to have about 6 or 7 on your rod before your tippit
>>
>>780947
6 or 7 feet*
>>
>>780947
nah fuck that , im going to try 15 plus ft of line alot of people think of tenkara fishing as short line fishing but as long as i can manage it i can go longer
>>
>>780951
Your line is supposed to be the length of your rod to balance casting distance with finesse and accuracy
If you're going to try to fling more than your rod length you're going to have to strip line and if you're stripping line you're going to wish you had more and suddenly it's not tenkara any more
You'll be sitting there with your reel and 30 foot casts lying to yourself about how you're doing tenkara fly fishing
>>
>>780967
i dont care what it is called, i want to be able to haved a portable way of presenting shit i cant present with my spinning rod,
>>
Finally finished cleaning those fish. Gonna fry them this week. It was a good day. A tiny, shallow diving crank bait caught most of them.

Question
:how many fish should I take out of my half acre pond a year to maximize size of bass? It's got a lot of bluegill, shellcracker, small bass, and a decent population of crappie.
>>
>>780934
Old school way to handle it would be to pull the lever for the trailer brakes.

But they tell you not to do this. I think it can sometimes make it worse if you don't know what you are doing. So I guess you are just kinda screwed at that point and supposed to roll with it.

I would hit the trailer brakes real quick anyway since you're fucked already,
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Not a big bass but this came out of an urban creek that's maybe 2ft deep. Been practicing my fly fishing out there. Caught a lot of greenies on a cricket imitator and then decided to bust out a red and white saltwater minnow pattern that the bass were crushing
>>
>>780998
He's little but he's a fatty
>>780996
Aye. I figure my best bet is to point my front wheel into It and get ready for a face full of asphalt. I mean I wear a full face helmet and armour and crap but it doesn't make crashing pleasant.

What causes a Jack knife?
>>
>>780910
so save up for getting hooked on phonix you fucking pleb

Jesus legalese isn't even hard. just read it literally out loud and slowly.

>t. commercial pilot, FARs are a bitch
>>
>>781005
North Carolina anon here

You do not need to register or have a permit for a kayak here
>>
>>781050
Good to know! Thanks for the advice; I'm 90% sure I have to register anything that can be remotely called a boat in ohio. I knew a guy who almost got a ticket when he was taking an inflatable pool boat out on public waters
>Tfw your state sucks
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>781117
That's messed up that you need to register a kayak. IL was pretty bad but I think you were still fine as long as there was no motor and under a certain size.

>tfw Red State
I don't really agree with their social issues but it's easier to live and make money in those states.

>>781005
>what causes a jack knife?
When the trailer decides it wants to go faster than the tractor for a number of reasons.
>>
Ate my first perch out of a pond yesterday.
It tasted awesome. But still nervous that I'm going to be kill soon
>>
>>781005
That pic was from the "slimming angle". He weighed in at 1lb6oz
>>
>>781172
You will be fine. Big predators are the worst as far as heavy metals n shit. And even then you would have to eat them a lot to have any issues.
>>
>>781185
I could care less about cancer causing metals, im a smoker.
I do care about viruses and parasites though. I cut like 5 worms out of the fish before cooking.
I'm pretty sure cooking the Shit out of it kills parasites though
It was really fucking good so I plan on continuing to eat them.
Also, has anyone eaten pumpkin seed sunfish?
>>
>another day and no Nibblesworth
Kill me
>>
>>781237
Not pumpkinseeds but all the other sunfish are good. Lots of bones tho
>>
>>781246
Figures the most abundant sunfish sucks
>>
>>781240
Use worms when your lure isn't doing Shit, at least you will get to take something home
>>
>>780704
Kek
>>
New to fishing here but I just found this weird lure washes up on the shore, sounds like something broken inside of it, and it was missing both tri-hooks, is it trash or can I fix it?
>>
File: 20160531_104611.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160531_104611.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>781297
Forgot image whoops

Is it easy to paint it, its all black and is invisible in water
>>
File: 1461000346328.jpg (49KB, 691x510px) Image search: [Google]
1461000346328.jpg
49KB, 691x510px
>>781298
Nice find, don't modify it, that things in good condition. Also I'm sure that "broken" sound is just a rattle which is fuckin awesome
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>781279
I haven't gotten any sunfish down here. Well, aside from the "atomic" ones
>>
>>781312
I've never seen those! All I get is fuckin pumpkin seeds for sunfish in the Boston area
>>
File: selecting_a_file.png (187KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
selecting_a_file.png
187KB, 425x283px
>>779571
Buy a file.
>>
>>780821
fucking Americans and there useless junk
>>
>>781329
But it's actually very helpful to have. Europoors wouldn't know about having nice things I guess.
>>
>>781134
>IL was pretty bad but I think you were still fine as long as there was no motor and under a certain size.

"Non-motorized watercraft, canoe, kayak, paddle boat, or sail board, in Illinois are no longer required to be titled/registered in Illinois, unless the vessels have a motor or sail. You are now required to purchase a 'Water Usage Stamp' for $6.00 per calendar year for each of the first three vessels, and $3.00 each for any additional vessels Please note: an agent fee of $.50 will be charged per vessel. The stamps are good for one year. They expire on December 31st each year. Your Stamp can be adhered anywhere on the interior or exterior of the vessel as long as it is visible."

News to me. 10 years ago when I still had a canoe it had to be registered just like my runabout with an outboard. Good to know.
>>
>>781331
Of course they wouldn't their governments took everything away from them, and they are too big of sissies to give a Shit. They just make excuses for their faggotry and submission and say
>hur durr merica durrr
They just mad we can have whatever we want and if government says no, we shoot
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>781319
That's a regular bluegill. In IL I got a mix of tons of different bluegill and sunfish. The IL bluegill never had those distinct black vertical stripes and were more green than the FL ones.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 500x750px
New Thread--->
>>781343
>>
>>781338
Oh maybe that's it, I fish the north east strictly
>>
>>781298
It's supposed to rattle
Good find
I'd use it
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.