[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spartan race essentials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: T1-Homepage-v9_03_mini.jpg (80KB, 636x479px) Image search: [Google]
T1-Homepage-v9_03_mini.jpg
80KB, 636x479px
I'm about to do an obstacle course similar to the spartan race but this one is much longer, more obstacles and gotta run through water and mud at night.

What kind of shoes and apparel should I get? Tips and advice?
>>
File: noose.jpg (10KB, 300x391px) Image search: [Google]
noose.jpg
10KB, 300x391px
>>771423
>>
>>771424
>>>/b/ is that way
>>
>>771423
>That guy not daring to touch the girls
Top kek

Also OP, why would you join something like that if you don't even have a clue of what shoes or clothing you'll need? Damn son, millenials really are clueless about the world.

Having said that, you'll first need to look at the weather forecast so you'll adjust your clothing system and your nutrition/trainning before the race. You'll also need to check the terrain where the race is going to take place and consider if ankle support is essential or not. Now go do that and comeback when you know those basics.
>>
>>771430
I don't think I need hundreds of gimmicks in order to complete the challenge but I'd like to know what people usually bring to these kind of events
>>
>>771436
Think trail running.
>>
for my last tough mudder i took
>cheapo running shoes
make sure they're broken in
>athletic shorts
quick drying is a plus
>camelbak belt
holds a water bottle and has a little pouch for your keys/whatever. small backpacks would work too but they make it difficult to climb under obstacles
>shirt
regular shirt
>cotton bandanna
soaked in water and put around your neck, it cools you off pretty well
>cheap sunglasses
easy to lose and scratch

wear sunscreen and stay hydrated. have fun
>>
>>771423
so many better boards for this
>>>/fit/
>>>/sp/
>>>/asp/
>>
>>771534
>fit
>doing cardio
kek
>sp
>asp
>actually playing any kind of sport
top kek
>>
Goruck > spartan race
>>
>>771423
I've never done an event like that but I have gotten slightly lost in a rainstorm while night mountain biking which at least was wet and muddy and dark.

Mud and water at night = synthetics, & I'd probably wear mesh runners so they drain quickly. Exactly what clothes depends on the temperature.
>>
>>771423
You don't even post the event. Also, especially the two girls on the right don't really look athletic, so how hard can it be?
>>771436
> ankle support
> training
> weather conditions
> nutrition
> gimmicks
you are arrogant and dumb

>>771463
>>771595
>>771440
Depending on how deep the mud is, it's easy to lose a low cut trail runner in deep mud, especially if you sink in till over the shoe. A low or mid boot doesn't have this problem. But yeah go for something light and avoid goretex, your boots are gonna be wet so rather have something that dries fast
>>
You could do it naked, so what do you REALLY need?
>>
There's going to be water along the coarse so i wouldn't even bring a water bottle. I thought gloves would be a good idea the first time I ran the Mudder but they were useless. Pick an old pair of shoes that you might be considering throwing away and with not a lot of padding because they'll sponge up from the water obstacles. Other than that some polyester clothes and sunscreen before you start. Have fun!
>>
File: 100620063316.jpg (23KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
100620063316.jpg
23KB, 480x318px
>>771440
>trail running
I have always liked orientation, but never tried trail running. Is ankle support really needed at it, as I have hard time thinking of seeing any running shoes with ankle support, that I could afford

Damn orientation as a word sounds stupid.
>>
>>774654
Try navigation
>>
>>771423
Moabs
>>
>>774654
That depends, if you were trail running for years, or even running in general outside of a gym then your legs should be strong enough to handle most trail without ankle support, at least that's my experience, personal and of the people I run with.
Never twisted an ankle and never felt like I really need ankle support, though sometimes I did slow down on very harsh terrain out of fear of twisting an ankle. But that's pretty rare.

You can just go do some short distance easy terrain trail running and see how you feel about it and work from there.
>>
Judging by Facebook the best thing to do to prep for these is to talk about it fucking constantly and reflect upon it at every available opportunity.
>>
>>771423

Be careful not to drown. The lifeguards and rescue divers are fucking pathetic at these events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs0gYU7uBcE

Also, the "death waivers" don't really mean shit, and won't hold up in court if you do die.

http://www.outsideonline.com/1920476/death-tough-mudder
>>
>>771423
I'd fuck the guy in the middle.
>>
>>771423

Barring the woman on the mid-left, these people look like they're in horrible shape. You can even see the lump of fat on the mid woman's belly. If these people are the competition, I'd suggest flip-flops and a family size bag of cheetos.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.