[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 98

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
#29- "We have lost against the sneks" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>738154

I was just talkin to a guy who lives on this lake I'm at, and he said he pulled a 14lb snakehead out of here recently and it was 46" or something stupid. Then I got that fatty today that had to be close to 5lb.

Either way, he says he doesn't even kill them anymore, one reason is because most of the eggs still survive. But he was on a boat, I normally leave them on land. Anyway he says he still catches a lot of bass and I think he enjoys catching sneks.

I'm still gonna keep fighting the good fight though.

Talk about fishin'
>>
>>740584
Death to snek fish meaniebutts
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740589
>tfw Pepsi caught it on one of my KVD™ Spinnerbaits.
>>
got my MTB in the mail today, and the replacement from marches missing box.

their customer service is fucking on point.

seriously. t hanks MTB.

Will post photos when I'm not lazy.
>>
>>740594
Awesome! Did you just call/email them and explain the situation and they sent em no problem? Companies like that with monthly subscribers should have no problem doing that.

>>740593
That's also a size 13 shoe, so you can imagine that's a good size snek.
>>
>>740596
yeah man, they were extremely quick to replace, and had very polite, extremely well mannered customer service.
>>
>>740598
I knew it would be that easy. Wut about LTB?
>>
>>740593
this joke is not funny any more
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740576
FWIW, pic related is kinda my largemouth bass essentials kit just in case you are wondering.
>>
Anyone here /offshore/ fish in NJ? I think people don't realize how good the fishing really is over here. We got tuna, shark, sword fish, mahi, good wreck fishing, stripers, fluke and anything else you might want.
>>
>>740601
I'm not wondering
>>
>>740600
Quit being so jelly Skeet Reese

Seriously though, they have some decent lures and the Sexy Shad™ color has been doing work whether it's a spinner, diving crank, or lipless crank.

If you haven't tried them and want to go for big bass, check out a Strike King™ Red-Eye Shad™. They are pretty big lipless cranks, like 3" long and 3/4oz but they have some great action.
>>
>>740603
Well it's there if anybody else needs it. I never know, we get lots of anons come thru who are fairly new and just ask "Wut do for bass?" so I took that pic.

Just another reason why namefagging and tripfaggotry can actually be useful in threads like this.
>>
File: Whitebass.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Whitebass.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>740584
One from todays catch. White and striped bass out in force
>>
>>740601
Thanks for posting. That is a solid bunch of lures. I like to see what other people have.

>obligatory insult about tripfags
;)
>>
>>740614
Is that just a basic bucktail? Those little guys are fun to catch, had one lake that was full of them by my old house.

I miss having a good variety of ultralight fish like that. In the midwest, we had big sunfish, bluegill, crappie, white/yellow bass, perch, even bullhead. Here, as far as smaller stuff goes, it's normally just those Mayan cichlids or bluegill.
>>
>>740618
Thx bruh. That was kinda something I put together to cover all of the bases for a typical 3lb largemouth.

I honestly use spinners the most, inline and regular. Plus other fish like to hit the spinners too. Otherwise the regular Rapala (X-Raps been doin work lately) and then the poppers in the early evening or morning if the water is calm.

The litte Storm rubber shads are good for running through cover. Plus they are significantly cheaper than regular cranks so snagging them isn't a big deal. I like using those in real clear water too.

This summer my goal is to catch more stuff on soft plastics like Texas rigged worms and crawdads, as well as football jigs with trailers.
>>
>>740620
I think its called a marabou jig? Like pic related.

I like to keep it simple. Jigging up panfish is about as fun as it gets.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740634
Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. Saltwater they call em bucktails and I always get em confused. I have a few in my tackle bag but can't remember the last time I used em.

You ever used those mighty mites or whatever they are called? Real small and they sell em in small plastic tubes. Those are awesome for jigging for panfish. They might be called mini-mites too, can't remember. Pic related is one with a beetle spin.
>>
File: image.jpg (215KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215KB, 640x1136px
>>740627
Yum lizard in chartreuse pepper is the best
>>
>>740647
Hmm no ive never used one like that.

Ive used plenty of curly tail jigs that small. Haven't ever heard of mini mites. I will look for them
>>
>>740657
I been meaning to grab a couple more lizards. I have one old pack of dark red ones that I have been using, can't even remember the brand but it's something strange.

How heavy is that weight? 1/16oz or 1/8oz? You don't run that on the bottom, do you?
>>
>>740662
>How heavy is that weight? 1/16oz or 1/8oz?
I don't know. Probably 1/8.

You don't run that on the bottom, do you?
I sure do. Just very slowly. You can go super slow with those lizards and the tail and legs still move.
>>
>>740601
Isn't that pepsi's pic?
Or is pepsi and kvd the same guy and I'm an idiot?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740674
I'll let you figure it out
>>
>>740674
I mean I know I'm ad idiot burn am I that much of one?
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 344x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 344x400px
>>740678
It will be ok
>>
>inb4 skid is also a colafag trip
>>
>>740602
I do
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>740685
If I ever start fishing saltwater, I'm def gonna run an alter ego for that one
>>
Should I just start name/tripfagging?
Since everyone else does
>>
>>740704
That's how I feel, but I don't know if it's worth it
>>
>>740708
I have a feeling there's maybe 6 other regulars here though not sure
>>
>>740712

on /out/ or just the fishing generals?
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 640x1136px
>>740704
>>740708
>>740712
>69 posters
There's a few more, but for the regulars it kinda helps.

I know Indiana anon has been getting lots of killer largemouth and fishes ponds and lakes kinda similar to me, so if he wasn't anon, I would know when he is around and ask questions.
>>
>>740689
"Look I caught a fishy, take a pic!"

"OK, I got the shot all lined up, just lean forward a little bit, you to get the right lighting and all..."
>>
I live in Central Michigan and kind of want to start fishing. Anyone have a guide for someone starting out? I've been fishing before, but it was a fishing charter so I didn't have to do any of the work.
>>
>>740726
What gear do you already own?
What do you want to catch?
What is the purpose of your fishing?
>>
>>740728
As far as fishing gear, nothing.

I'd like to catch stuff to eat, honestly I'm not sure on species.

Purpose of fishing, get some food that I catch myself, and recreation. I also work at a wildlife rehab center and we have a juvenile bald eagle which I am sure would like some fish.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740726
Not sure why I haven't done a copypasta for this.

Best bet for fishing lakes and ponds, get yourself a medium weight rod and reel. 6'6" rod with a reel that holds ~150yds of 8lb or 10lb mono. Spool it up with decent 8lb monofilament line, most fishing outlets can do this for you. If you want to fish for more carp or catfish, maybe 10lb line. But 8lb is good for just about anything freshwater. You can still cast panfish lures with it and haul in bigger carp and bass.

Then grab assorted hooks, a couple bobbers, and some split shots. Pliers or a multitool are nice too. Best bet is just running nightcrawlers on a bobber and get comfortable with casting as well as seeing what you catch at these lakes. Then you can start with some lures. Ask what other people are using, or if you are catching crappie, largemouth, whatever, you could ask here for reccommendations or look elsewhere online. Watch youtube vids on how to fish the lures. Find out what works well at your lakes, and just keep going from there.

For a medium weight rod/reel combo (spinning reel of course), you can grab something for $40. But if you think you will really be into it or aren't too strapped for cash, you can buy a combo closer to $75 that will be much nicer and you won't want to replace after a couple months.

They do sell little starter kits with a couple hooks, weights, shitty bobbers, and a lure or two, but it isn't enough go last very long.
>>
>>740729
>>740726
You have a budget on a rod and reel? Also, what major retailers are by you? Cabela's? Bass Pro? Even Dick's is decent.

Also remember what I said about rod/reel combos. You can get out there for $30-$40, but $60-$80 will get you something extra decent. $5-$10 on line, plus you might want a tackle box or bag. I prefer bags. The Plano Weekender or some of the SpiderWire bags with 3600 size boxes at Dick's for ~$25 will serve you well.

I really wish they did sell better starter kits for lures and terminal tackle. I also posted that pic earlier here >>740601 that kinda shows one or two of all the basics if you are catching largemouth bass. After hooks, weights, and bobbers, some good starter lures would be Rapalas in smaller and medium sizes, inline spinners like Rooster Tails or Mepps, rubber worms/grubs like Power Bait with some jig heads, and maybe a topwater like a popper or weedless frogs.
>>
>>740730
Thanks for the info, I'm not strapped for cash and I'm willing to put about $300 into purchasing everything. Any specific brand recommendations?
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 256x197px
>>740584
I've fished for years when I was a small child but never retained any of the knowledge other than how to string up a rod and casting, so please bear with me, as I'll keep it simple. I like fishing, just wasn't passionate enough about it to go out and do it unless someone else invited me. Haven't properly fished in years.

>Late granddad gave me his old tackle box that was up in the attic for me to use. Going on a trip with my friend to Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. The whole trip's focus is going to be hiking/camping, but we'd like to do a bit of fishing, especially on the nights we plan to camp. Plan on doing a day of fishing each in Colorado and Utah, and maybe AZ and NM. Just planning on doing some trout fishing.
>What's /out/'s opinion on the best trout fishing rigs? I can sit here and look at different articles online for hours, but I'd like some firsthand experiences and do's and don't's.
>>
As I said in the last thread I didn't get out because I was being my dads gopher to get his car working again, but he bought me some canned corn so I'm going fishing tomorrow. I've got my pack all loaded up I just need to get up and go. I'm also going to try for some bass, crappie, bluegill, other panfish, and hopefully a catfish or two.
Here's hoping I don't make my sunburn worse
>>
>>740734
As I said in >>740735 about $300 I'd like to spend on everything. I have a Dick's and another hunting/fishing store a bit further away.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 464x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 464x470px
>>740735
As far as rod/reels, any of the major brands will do. Shimano, Abu Garcia, Pflueger, Daiwa, Okuma, Quantum, Shakespeare (the Ugly Stiks are great cheaper rods at $40). Lots of combos at Bass Pro, Cabela's, Gander Mtn will have their store brand rods. Even Bass Pro store brand reels are decent, they are normally made in the same factories as the other companies.

Pflueger President reels are often on combos for around $80-$90. Cabela's and Bass Pro both have combos with a Pflueger President reel on one of their store brand rods, and they will be really solid at that price. Just make sure to get the right size, the rod will say "Medium Action" and 6'6" is a common size. Then the spool on the reel will have line ratings and you want something like "6lb- 180yds, 8lb- 150yds, 10lb-130yds" and that will be a good all-around freshwater size.

Then look for a decent tackle bag, Plano is a good company for those but any brand will do, you can find a good medium size one for ~$30 and it will probably come with 2-3 of the little plastic boxes inside, and most likely there will be room for another one or two.

If you go somewhere good like Cabela's or Bass Pro, the people working in the fishing section can help you get set up with line, hooks, weights, a few lures, and all that. They will also be able to spool the reel with line properly so you don't have to mess up trying it at home. For your initial purchase, I would go to a place like that. Dick's or other similar sporting goods stores often have good prices but the staff are useless. And I don't like ordering rods or reels online unless I check them out in a store before and know exactly which model and size I want.

Good luck bruh.
>>
>>740738
Hmm, I wish I could help more. I know lots of people love using those little Power Bait trout eggs that come in a jar. Small inline spinners work well too. Or the smaller worms (not nightcrawlers, they often call them redworms or trout worms). I don't fish trout for shit but make sure you have some decent line on there. You can go lighter for trout, plus if you have old ass line on the reel, it will probably be weak.

>>740739
That sucks. At least you got your corn now.

>>740743
At least you have a realistic budget. Maybe you can look online at rod/reel combos and see what Dick's has available at your local store. Post here and we can tell you what we think.

Dick's also should be able to spool line on the reel for you as well. Hopefully they have somebody decent working in the fishing section if you go there. But Dick's definitely will carry everything you need to get going.
>>
>>740738

>Find an uglystik either 5'6" ultralight or 6' light
>Spinning reel of appropriate size
> spool with 6 pound Berkley trilene because that's just what I've always loved
>Buy the tiny spool of 4 pound test
>Use 6 pound test mainline
>4 pound test leader
>If the place seems really snaggy or the seem too big for 4 pound test go to 6
That's what I would do anyways.
For baits
Mepps
E
P
P
S

Small rapalas
Worms
If you can get some size 12 egg hooks, put on either a single egg or a floating powerbait nugget with the tiniest splitshot you can cast

And here is a subtle way to get a bait out
>Find large leaf
>Place bait on leaf
>Let it float down stream, freespooling
>when it gets over a pool or Eddie gently twitch it off the leaf
>Bait silently goes In to water
>>
>>740752
Eh I don't mind. The weather should be more conducive to fishing tomorrow anyway.
>>
>>740719
i guess so , i dont have any type of fishing im REALLY good at, pretty decent bass fishermen when i can get to the decent spots, pretty decent at trout but getting better and have alot of knowledge about the hatchery pretty good at targeting panfish but that nothing special going to try to target catfish, eels , and carp more this upcoming season half decent targeting pickerel as well since ive found a good pond nearby not sure if it would be worth tripping if i have enough to contribute
>>
>>740738
the fish from our hatchery like shiny shit, spoons, spinners, worms with long trailing tails on small ( 1/8th) oz jigheads work well as well as 2 inch minnows on same jigheads
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 640x1136px
>>740743
There's a Bass Pro in Auburn Hills as well. Like I said, Dick's will have everything you need but it's like a 50/50 shot whether or not you will get somebody who knows what they are talking about.

Cabela's will 100% have somebody who can guide you through everything and get you set up. Tell him your budget and plans, tell him you want the best spinning reel and rod combo for ~$80 they have in a medium weight, 6'6" rod, tell them to spool with 8lb Trilene, find a tackle bag you like, and then have the employee set you up with hooks, split shots, and a couple bobbers. Find some lures that look neat, ask the employee if it would be good for bluegill, crappie, or bass, get the right size and bam! You will be a regular Skid in no time.
>>
>>740752
I'll probably head up to the hunting/fishing place, they have a large selection and guys that know what they are doing in the firearms sections, so hopefully they have some fishing guys there as well.

Appreciate the help, I'll do some research and then come back if I have more questions.
>>
>>740763
For sure. Just make sure you don't get raped on pricing if you want to buy a bigger ticket item like rod and reel. You can always google it real quick, and if you see the same combo at Dick's online for $30 less, ask if they can match it, especially if you are going to drop $200+ on your purchase.

I think you could probably grab a rod/reel combo and tackle bag from Dick's if the pricing is significantly better than the fishing and hunting place, and then go over there to get set up with all of the lures and tackle you need to get started. They can probably reccommend a couple spots to check out as well. Local places are the greatest as long as they have a good selection. My old local tackle place near Chicago was GOAT, but a lot of the tackle places near me in FL aren't really good for anything besides live bait and advice.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740763
>>740765
And as always, when you eventually buy all your shit, come thru here and post pics so we can be jelly.

>Shimano Sedona/Sahara reel on Shimano Sellus rod
>Pflueger President reel on Fenwick or store brand rod
>Abu Garcia Cardinal SX Reel on Abu Garcia rod

Those are a couple combos that run $75-$100 and lots of places carry. If you see any of those in the right size, you can't go wrong. Penn and Daiwa combos in that price range should be good too. Quantum is hit or miss, might want to check online reviews if you are interested in their stuff since some of their reels are incredible but a couple models seem to have problems.
>>
>>740763
Lew's, Mitchell, and Penn are a couple brands I think I forgot to post earlier too. All good brands. So any of those plus Shimano, Daiwa, Abu Garcia, Quantum, Pflueger, Okuma will all be solid and reputable products.
>>
>>740584
Last chick was cuter.
>>
>>740594
>MTB
reported as spam
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 500x500px
>>740776
The redhead with the Coors isn't the hottest of them, but damn I want to wife her. Bowfishing girl is one of my faves, but I like the big ass on the girl with the largemouth I posted earlier.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 640x640px
>>740777
>czech'd
It really does sound like he's shilling. I was thinking about it, whoever originally posted the discount code for MTB did get a lot of us hooked. He did a good job shilling, there are at least 5 of us that signed up for it after that. Maybe closer to 10.
>>
>>740730
>8lb mono
WTF? Braid boy is pushing mono?
>>
>>740783
For beginners it is nice to not worry about tying a leader.
>>
>>740738
You got 4 states there and you're going to need licenses for all of them.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Caught this little dude on a rebel tracdown. I don't fish bass much, so I'm pretty happy.
>>
File: image.jpg (391KB, 920x1109px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
391KB, 920x1109px
>>740783
Idk, I wouldn't reccommend it to somebody just getting into it. Let them use mono for a couple months so they can eventually move up to Power Pro and see how glorious it is. I spooled up all my bro's reels with braid when he got into it, which was good because 2nd fish he ever caught was a fat 5lb largemouth on this little ultralight with a 1/8oz Rooster Tail.

>>740763
Like anon said, if you really want to be a boss, grab some 10lb or 15lb Power Pro braid for that reel instead of 8lb mono. It is more expensive, but goddamn braid is great.
>>
Nova Scotia anon here,

Went out for 6 hours today. Castedfor bass and trout as well as bullhead. Didn't get squat, hoped a few rivers and lakes but the snow set me back, thin sheen of ice on most of the pools.

Tomorrow is looking to be warm and sunny, so that should be my killer. Running a typical bass weight/wrom hook/bass worm setup to try and lure in the big bulls, then make the hop to trout when the waters warm up through the day.

Rapala count up to 9 now. Tried out original floaters in the rocks on one of my local rivers, had some followers but the bass are finicky in the sub zero temps out here.
>>
>>740785
I don't always tie leaders. 10lb-20lb moss green Power Pro blends in with most water conditions well enough that it isn't necessary.

But I do think mono is good to start with so anon doesn't have to cut off $20 worth of line every time he gets a knot.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>740793
How big are the bullhead you normally get? I haven't gotten any of those in the longest time. Used to have a little local pond in IL that I pulled tons of smaller yellow bullhead from. I miss the croaking they make.

And for the Rapalas, have you tried the X-Raps yet? I think tomorrow if I get out, I may stop by Dick's and see if they still have that 4 for $30 on the Shadow Raps. They look nice and I haven't tried em. X-Raps are GOAT though.
>>
im going to try namefagging for a short period of time, just posting to get attention and et everyone know t-thats what trips do right?
>>
>>740799
>he isn't even a real tripfag

You're in CT, right?
>>
>>740800
yea, and not currently employed at the hatchery though i do have basic knowledge of alot of the shit we did at the hatchery
>>
File: muhswimemes.jpg (73KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
muhswimemes.jpg
73KB, 720x960px
>>740795

X-Raps are GOAT I fully agree I have 2 countdowns in my tackle box right now, that center green-brown spotted pattern landed me a solid 19 inch rainbow trout on the second day of the season. Great lure. Love the Countdowns!

>muh jointed swimbait
To slay the chain pickle
>>
>>740803
thts funny the pickles near me have been ignorin any sort of rapala, though they seem to like swimming flukes ( the jr size) and smaller soft swimbaits, a reall large pickerel also took n notice in the unfair lure from mtb
>>
>>740795

Also a tgrophy bullhead here would be anything over 15 inches. Fun fish to track and catch as they aren't common in our cooler water.
>>
File: zeepickles.jpg (44KB, 538x960px) Image search: [Google]
zeepickles.jpg
44KB, 538x960px
>>740805

zee pickles love zee everything here. I keep some lucky strike spoons just in case I feel like taking one down.

Stupid things eating up our trouties ;-;
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740807
Yeah I would get lots of 10"-12" yellow bullhead in these IL ponds.

>>740803
That one on the top in the middle, I like that a lot. Reminds me of this Husky Jerk I have that works really well but it's a hard color combo to find.

It has a red lip, then orange on the bottom, black on top, and the middle is what Rapala calls "Mustard" I think. It's a little brighter than regular yellow but not quite Chartruese. If I see a larger one in the same size, I'm gonna grab it.
>>
>>740812
whats your larest one , i cauht one at 30 inches the other day , and the lare one that followed the unfair bait had to be close to that
>>
>>740805
You ever have any luck with that Unfair lure btw? I think you were saying a few days ago that it got good interest compared to other lures on a day when the fish weren't taking anything.
>>
>>740816
nah the one pickerel that followed it really hard, ( shot up out of nowhere and hit it but didnt get hooked ) a few small bass turned twords it but no interest other than that, the hooks are SHIT dull as fuck and ha ve the barbs on the outside of the treble ( what the fuck mang) no action at all when reeled but if youpop the tip real hard it flashes just like a sunfish/gill does when its hooked and starts to panic i got a oretty decent half translucent color that seems to work alright
>>
>>740814

That would be an original floating in bleeding copper flash my friend. It was on sale in the discount raps' bin at glorious Canadian Tire. There was probably 7 or 8 of them kicking around in there.

I was thinking of grabbing a Husky Jerk next myself to compliment my X RAP Countdowns.

>>740815

Biggest I caught as a mere 27. They tend to devour eveything alive in their lakes out here and get limited in their size.
>>
>>740821
the one pond ive found them in has a decent bass, carp,pickerel ( stupid amounts of them) and some crappie and other panfish ,
>>
>>740794

How do you know you catch just as many fish without a leader if you never use one?
>>
File: IMG_20160411_205836943.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_205836943.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
>>740816

Also you mentioned something about hard bodied swimbaits, these are the 3 I have last one was frtb or ltb
Other two I've had for years and years but never really used
Iirc they were expensive too
>>
>>740825
I really wanna try out the one from the LTB but I'm scared I'll snag it in my normal fishing spot. Once it gets warmer I'll try it so I can go swimmin if I need to.
>>
>>740823

A study was done on the effect chains had on our lakes a few years ago. They push the trout/perch out within a few years and all that remains is the pickles and the mudsuckers :/
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>740821
You have any of the regular X-Raps?

I also grabbed an X-Rap "Shad Rap" that has that strange short, curved lip which is pretty nice. The X-Raps have great action but I think what originally drew me in was the color combos. The copper-gold-orange color has been killin it for me lately, so much that I have it in 2 sizes and want to grab a third.
>>
>>740828

i wont use it for pickerel because the webbin it has is a cloth, and would be worried it ripping or some shit the other two are plastic joints and they swim really well >>740829
theres some perch in the pond , and the only other pond i fish wthat i have ever caught pickles out of has the best perch , crappie, and panfish popultion ive ever seen the pond is really in ballence
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 550x734px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 550x734px
>>740824
I said I don't always use them. I have been fishing side by side with two rods- one with a flouro leader and one without, and I never notice any difference.

If I'm fishing really clear water and picky fish, especially with my reel with red #15 Power Pro, I will put a leader on and get rid of the snap swivel. Even then I'm not sure it is a huge benefit. If the fish are hungry, they are going for that flashy lure either way.
>>
>>740825
brand ot the other two is kick tail i think
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740825
Hmm, I have kinda been looking at some of the LiveTarget bluegill baits like that. I don't even really use jointed Rapalas though. Might need to start.

I still need to get those little Storm bluegill baits in the water some more. I think there is some potential with them in clear water.
>>
>>740830

I actually don't have any regulars, I have only started fully diversifying.I never got into hardbaits until last year as I mostly trout fished with spinners/fly.
>>
wondering if i could return a lure ive used once or twice, doesnt swim like its supposed to sometimes and thats frustrating
>>
>>740834

The only time i use straight braid is for topwater. Even in murky water. Its just one of those things for me lol.

Was fishing off the beach next to this guy once for fluke, and sea robins. I was fishing straight braid and he had light mono. We were using the exact same jig tipped with berkely gulp right next to each other. He had 5 to my 0. Caught one while standing backwards for christs sake just to see if he could haha.
>>
>>740838

Ever tried the Bass Pro shops brand hardbaits? Saw they are on sale for less then a toonie each...thinking of stocking up for those dicey situations where I might lose a good rap.
>>
>>740842
Where did you get it from? If you still have the reciept or packaging, I bet a place like Dick's would give you store credit towards something else.

>>740844
Mono just pisses me off so much these days, I would never run it. I even have that SpiderWire Flouro-Braid that sinks on my one reel if I want spinners and stuff to run a little deeper.

You ever seen that SpiderWire Invisi-Braid? I was contemplating buying it, but it is like $40 or $45 (or something stupid expensive) for a 300yd spool. I may still grab some one day, but it better be worth it if I drop $45 on line.
>>
>>740851
cabellas, i think i still have the packaging, just for a $10 lure it should always swim right or maybe i dont have packaging, il try to tweak it and make it work
>>
>>740849
They're actually not bad for the price. I have a couple gold Rapala-type Bass Pro baits. For $2-$3 each, can't go wrong. They are like orginial Rapalas where they float and then dive a couple feet down and the action is decent.

One is small like 2" and the other is 3.5" or so, and I have actually gotten a handful of bass and a gar on the larger one. This lake right down the street from my house, the water is real clear and when I first started fishing there and that damn gold BPS crank was the only thing the fish would bite there for a month or so. It was strange.

So, yes, grab a couple if you want to run them in that lake that has a lot of strange snags and don't want to be pissed about losing an $11 Rapala.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>740849
>>740855
Pic related are the gold Bass Pro ones I believe. Definitely worth the $2.49 or whatever I paid.

>>740852
You should try and exchange it just to see.
>>
>>740851
I once got the fireline equivalent to that, it worked pretty well. It wasn't as visible as braid but was more visible than mono so take that for what it's worth.
I think it was called fireline Crystal?
>>
>>740858

Nice, I might try them out. Hey peps fo I see you over at /o/ every now and then? Off topic question but just wanted to know if I'm having deja-vu or not.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740864
Nah I'm on /o/ a bit. Mostly the truckerfag threads but a lil of everything.
>>
any you fags want to see my mtb inshore?
>>
>>740834
>gilling a bull red

This shit makes me mad
>>
>>740844
>>740844
5' fluoro leader will fix your problem.
>>
>>740795
the shadow rap is online for dick's for $7 along with some senko now for a whole week. Maybe the deal is the same instore or you can try to get an in-store pick up option if you can't reach the min fot free shipping
>>
>>740873
Post it already you nigger.

Is LTB the one that costs $5 moar foar inshoar?
>>
>>740877
Damn, really? They normally have the same sales in-store if they carry the product. They normally run $9 I think, so the 4 for $30 wasn't the best deal but I would still like to grab a couple. I think they also have PowerPro BOGO 50% off. And PowerPro is already only $27.99 for 300yds at Dick's, which is like $5 less than Cabela's and Bass Pro. Dick's has the best sales sometimes.

I still regrat not buying that Skeet Reese reel for $60.
>>
File: IMG_1370[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1370[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740878
the ltb costs more. going to get both next month.

Going to use the mirrolure things, the sabiki, the j hooks and the vudu shrimp. I already have a dozen or so vudu.

the curly tails I probably won't use. I already have a crap ton of white/pink stuff.
>>
>>740885
MirroLure makes some nice paddle tail swimbaits, I'm gonna have to grab a few one day.
>>
>>740867

Cool man, thought I saw you around. I thinking solo sports like performance driving and fishing go hand in hand.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740889
>Fishing
>Driving
>Sports
>>
File: 1455397716090.jpg (304KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1455397716090.jpg
304KB, 960x960px
>>740891

Bed time for me, gotta hit the lake again in a few hours. Tight lines gents catch you this evening.
>>
>>740896
I'm thinkin about going out early too but already 1:15am. F1 comes on in 15min, so I will probably stay up for that and maybe just head south around 5:30am.

Thank god I'm taking Monday off so I can try and fix my sleep schedule a little.
>>
>>740876

Thats what im saying yo. Although i use mono cause i trust the knot more. Flouro is kinda "brittle" when it comes to the rigs i like to use. Plus i cant imagine flouro making a difference in 20' deep ocean.
>>
>>740738
>What's /out/'s opinion on the best trout fishing rigs?
Use fly gear or don't even bother.
>>
>>740900

This is going tripcode, so I will become less anon for you. I am a full-time student with a part-time job and typically busy nights/weekends, so posting isn't always the most convenient thing for me to do. I am always reading the threads though (been around since the beginning of fishing generals, just lurking until last time). But if you reply to this post or any of my posts with questions, I'll do my best to reply.

Also, this happened to me first cast today. Luckily I brought a spare. I had some >5 year old fluorocarbon on that reel that I got for free, so I can't even complain. It did its job when I caught that monster on it.

For the record, that 5.61# bass was caught with Kevin VanDam spinnerbait on a Quantum Kevin VanDam reel. I wish that was a joke.
(going to work on vid tomorrow afternoon)
>>
File: birdsnest.jpg (361KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
birdsnest.jpg
361KB, 750x1000px
>>740921
Might help if I actually posted the picture
>>
bedtime for tonight but i think some other ight this week im goin g to go sit by the side of the river with 3 lines our ( 6 if i can find a friend) and soak some bait, though il n eed a chair and something to build a small fire in , as well as batterys for some of my lights
>>
File: 131.gif (222KB, 200x152px) Image search: [Google]
131.gif
222KB, 200x152px
>move to florida down from connecticut
>my new home has a big lake in the backyard
>moving in the guy tells me he's not sure if there's fish in it, or if there's any they're few and small
>hadn't fished in years but decide i might as well try for shits and giggles
>decide to go out and buy the dirt cheapest usable pole set i can
>$25 rod/reel/line from basspro
>go to wal-mart for lures
>decide to go for the chatterbait meme
>go to lake not expecting to catch anything
>skip chatterbait out and not two seconds later a bass swallows that hook
>leaps out of the water and loses the hook
>before i can even get disappointed another bass lunges at the thing and pull in a decent two pounder
>end up pulling in ~10 good sized bass within the two hours i was out there
>mfw i always thought chatterbait was just meme-tier
>toss out a kastmaster for shits and giggles, catch a crappie which made damn good filets
>mfw chilling with a beer on a lawnchair and i see what must've been a 12-ish pound catfish of some kind flap by the surface
welp, time to get back into fishing, and ask stupid newbie question "how do i get that catfish"
>>
>>740942
Damn, I would love to have a decent body of water in my backyard.

For catfish, I prefer using dip bait and the little rigs for it with treble hooks with the sponge on them. The dough bait balls suck compared to the sticky dip bait in the jars.

Otherwise chicken livers are a good standby. Or catch a little bluegill, cut it in half, and toss half a bluegill on a big hook.
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>740942
Found the dip bait pic

Where in FL are you?
>>
>>740945
ormond beach, and i'll grab some of the dipbaits and try it out.
i'll have to find myself another pole though seeing as i'm sure this jank setup with 15lb mono probably wont do the trick
>>
File: 20160417_025231_resized.jpg (1MB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
20160417_025231_resized.jpg
1MB, 1494x2656px
Can anyone ID this?
>>
>>740947
Idk, 15lb mono is pretty strong. Set the drag right and as long as you can tire the cat out and get close to shore, you should be ok. You can always do braid... 30lb Power Pro will feel way lighter than 15lb mono.

>>740948
It looks like Berkley. Or the crank that comes in those Shakespeare starter kits.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>740948
>>
>>740951
will try, thanks for the advice. saw the cat two days ago, it was at the surface of the water about 15' ahead of me just sitting there for a few seconds before leaving
did it again about half an hour later and haven't seen it since but considering i know it's there i'm gonna try to reel that sucker in and upload a pic to here
>>
>>740955
Good luck.

You sure it was a catfish though? What you are describing really sounds like a carp. Catfish don't really just chill at the surface. If it's a carp, treble hook with white bread or a hook with some sweet corn kernels on it.
>>
>>740958
not sure, i googled up all the carp that were in the area and none had the same fin profile as this fish had out of the water. i assumed flathead considering the multiple fins that were poking out of the water but i'm not too experienced. i'll have to give those baits a go, though of all the fish i caught in that lake carp isn't one of em
>>
>>740965
Probably is a cat, I mean carp are lazy and like to hang out near the surface which sounded like what you described, so it would be really easy to tell it was a carp. Could be a big flathead with a hole in some shallow water that kinda kicks out of it.

Carp are in basically every lake and pond though, I wouldn't be suprised if you start seeing some common carp after spending more time there. That sucker looking mouth and big gold scales, really easy to tell when you see them just meandering and gulping at everything. Stupid fish.
>>
>>740967
will check. i saw some people saying to bait the area you're looking to fish with sweet corn for a few days before fishing for grass carp so i'll try that in the area i saw it just in case i mistook the fish i saw.
>>
>>740969
Common carp love the corn too. Just buy some canned sweet corn and if you start chumming, you will definitely see them around. Carp are fun because you can get 10lb fish from little ponds.

Another ~2hrs and I can head out for dat sunrise fishin. Gotta stay awake.
>>
>>740976
Take a nap, you'll feel better. Just don't get lazy when you wake up and decide to oversleep
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>741018
Let's go fishin'!
>>
>>741031
Lucky bastard. I have to work in like 3 hours and it's going to be the nicest day of the year so far.
>>
>>741034
That's what you get for workin retail or whatever it is you do.

But I work Mon-Fri, so if I want to hit any polular spots, it is on Sat or Sun when everybody else is out.

Headin to that one lake where I see lots of peacocks. Never done any early AM fishing there so we'll see how it goes. I've gotten some ok fish from that lake, but it's so quiet and clean that I know there are lunkers in there but I'm never in the right spot at the right time.
>>
>>741034
I used to always work Fri, Sat, and Sun nights at my last job too at that restaurant. Gave the owner an actual weekend and the HS and college kids that worked there never wanted to work a Friday night. I didn't really care though, I could always get shit done during the day before work and go chill with people at midnight if I wanted to.

Having weekdays off is nice sometimes too. It's much easier to go grocery shopling, get to the mall, or go to the DMV on a Tuesday morning instead of a Saturday. I take a Monday off every month or so at my job now just so I can get to doc appts and run errands that are otherwise a pain in the ass on weekends. I'm doin that tonorrow so I will probably be out fishing tomorrow afternoon too.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>tfw birds and crickets going at the same time
>bullfrog, cars, and an AC unit humming in the background
>just the slightest breeze so the water isn't quite glass
It's still a bit darker than that pic makes it look. 15-20min and I should have sunlight. Tossin a big Skitter Pop in firetiger to start.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Wow, the color on this Mayan is incredible. Might be the biggest Mayan I have ever gotten too. Fuckers fight hard. He hit a full size spinnerbait and I thought for sure it was a 3lb+ bass with the way it was fighting.
>>
>>740878
>LTB the one that costs $5 moar
yes
>>
>>741055
Do you get it? Is the $5 extra worth it in your opinion?

I have done the MTB Pro bass box which is $10 extra for 2 of 3 months. I like it for the extra money. The $15 box normally gives you one big $10 crank (which you may hate), then maybe a jig, a 2pk of hooks and a 4pk of soft baits.

The "Pro" box gives you 2 nice crankbaits that retail $10+ each, so at least one should be something you could use. Then a jig or spinner, a full 5pk or 6pk of Mustads, and a full 10pk or 12pk of soft baits. Both "Pro" boxes have come with a Lucky Craft crank and a YoZuri crank, and those are two lures I would spend $25 on all day so the rest is just a bonus.
>>
>>740724
You know women do that shit on purpose... doesn't stop them from complaining when you look though. Fug
>>
File: LTB_APR_0755.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
LTB_APR_0755.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741058
>$5 extra worth it
I think so and if you go by their #'s definitely. Last month was about $34 worth. pic related
>>
File: LTBIMG_0705.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
LTBIMG_0705.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741058
and March
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 430x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 430x323px
About time to go to another lake. The peacocks at this lake will have to wait for another day...

>>741065
I know, right?

I always find it ridiculous when I see the pics girls let get out and get posted to /b/. There are the snapchats and shit, but also just FB and IG stuff. They don't fucking realize that once you put that stuff on the internet, it's there forever no matter what their privacy settings are.

Almost all of the girls I knew from HS with good pics on their FB either deleted/untagged a ton of pics or completely deleted their profiles some time between soph year of college and graduation because they grew up a little and saw how dumb it was. The few that still have some good pics are the really dumb ones who somehow got a bachelor's from a shitty state school and are bartenders or some shit.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741071
Ahh, I remember that. You ever try out that Lunkerhunt deal? I thought that looked like a nice bass lure to toss on a windy day. Yo Zuri cranks are always gud too.

You also got real full packs of Mustads which are fairly expensive. On the $15 boxes, they like to give little 2pks of hooks.

Pic related was my April Pro Bass Box.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741076
>>741072
And here's the regular $15 box. I actually got 2 packs of soft baits which was cool, but they each only had 4 baits in them and the retail they gave me was only $2-$3 I think. The main lure in that was the Plopper which they claimed was worth $17 or some bullshit and I lost it the first time I tried it. Well actually I think I know exactly where it is but it's a bitch to get to and I'm not a huge fan of it anyway. Not tryin to fall into some nasty canal water or run across I-95 and hop a barrier and a fence to get it back.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>741072
Baby striper swimbait in that one looks nice too. What brand and what did they claim the retail was on that?

Pic is February's MTB Pro Bass. Only thing I disliked on that is those paddle tail deals are like 7" long, they're giant. It I was consistently getting 20" 6lb largemouth, I would go for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (456KB, 1955x2444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
456KB, 1955x2444px
>You're in the club and this guy slaps your girlfriend's ass
What do?
>>
>>741100
Tell him he can have that cunt if he takes me to catch 300lb stingrays in the Amazon.
>>
File: ff.jpg (143KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
143KB, 1200x1600px
Some lakers on the fish finder yesterday.
>>
Found a nice lil spot today, but getting like 20mph winds directly in my face and it's impossible to fish around these lillies with the wind. Last spot I was at, got some good bites but the wind was messing with me there too.

Gonna stop by Bass Pro now, buy some shit I don't need, and maybe stop by a lake close to the crib where I can fish from the east side and cast with the wind.

>>741115
Is that on a kayak or you have a real boat?
>>
>>740891
>implying moto go and dirtbiking aren't sports
Technically they're riding not driving but wrestling 250 pounds of pissed off steel and gasoline down a dirt trail is a work out. And dragging your knee across pavement at 120+ mph takes a special kind of lunatic.
Any who I'm about to head off to the lake, wish me luck
>>
>>740948
I think it's a fishing lure
>>
>>741120
That's a little bit different than what we do on /o/ and these fishing threads. I used to ride bmx and that shit was a workout.

>>741122
Dubs confirms. Skid the prodigy.
>>
>>740948
crankbait that comes in the ready to fish starter kit, while its probably not the most durrable or good looking the action on it isnt terribe,
>>
>>741125
Those things remind me of some of the more expensive Berkley cranks they have out now. I might need to try one or two of those.

Berkley used to have a line called Frenzy lures quite a few years back and I still have 2 or 3 of them, they were pretty damn nice which makes me want to grab something from that new line they have.
>>
File: rhpfrs.jpg (322KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
rhpfrs.jpg
322KB, 1024x768px
>>741118

Canoe.
>>
>>741126
if i recall they run pretty shallow, i grabbed it out of my little cousins kit since he never uses any lures really and f he starts using them il be giving him some ofmy lures anyways i dont use alot of hard baits, since most places i fish are weedy as fuck, so i guess i save on not spending a fortune on hard baits, but soft baits get boring sometimes
>>
>>741128
we have the same canoe. OldTown right?
>>
>>741129
>stealing your little cousin's lures
C'mon man...

I'm not talking about grabbing that lure, I'm just saying it reminds me a little of those Berkley Frenzy lures and that newer line of cranks they have. They look real nice but run like $10ea.

Pullin up to Bass Pro now, might grab one if I see one I like.
>>
>>741132
he litterally doesnt use hard lures like me and like i said if he ddoes start using them he comes to me first always , ive given him a bunch of lures as well , plus i originally borrowed it for the day and just forgot to give it bac
>>
>>741131

yep, 14'7.

Trying to decide whether to fish today. Beautiful weather but water is only about 41-42 degrees. Really the only fish catchable right now are lake trout, and trolling for them has gotten a little boring.

Bass- essentially still hibernating
Sunfish- same
Black Crappie- same though apparently staging for the spawn off creek mouths
Yellow Perch- preparing to spawn, not biting great
Northern Pike- Spwaning right about now and not biting
Salmon- few and hard to find
>>
Best lures for trolling?
>>
>>740802
Do you know if they stocked trout up in Washington/litchfield/Woodbury?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741134
Weak man. Not cool.

I'm just fuckin with you but you should let him have a little collection even if he doesn't use them. My lil bro barely fishes and I got him set up with 3 rods, a tackle backpack, and like $100 in lures to start filling it out.

>What did Pepsi waste $65 on today???
Pic related. Thought about grabbing one of those worm binders, but Bass Pro's tackle bag section was wiped for some reason. All they had for worm binders was a shitty BPS $10 one or a $35 BPS one. I want the $25 Plano one if I'm gonna do it.

I was checking out those Berkley cranks today and they're called "Warpigs" and just some rattling lipless cranks. They looked decent, but nothing really drew them to me.
>>
>>741159
what bodies of water? im sure they have been stocked but will try to find you where
>>
File: image.jpg (388KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
388KB, 640x1136px
>>741160
I'm the anon that suggested the lizards in that color. You got the right ones. Idk why I thought they were yum lizards. Zoom da best.
>>
>>741163
Yeah Bass Pro had 20% off Zoom baits todat which was the only good thing about that trip. And I guess I finally got that bronze color X-Rap I have been wanting in a larger size, but I could've gotten that at Dick's.

I almost wanted to go to Dick's instead but I wanted to check out some different spinnerbaits. I still get annoyed that Bass Pro never has good sales on rods or reels. If I would've seen a smaller 1000 or 1500 sized reel I liked that was on sale for a good price, I probably would've bought it. And that means I would need a rod and some Power Pro too.

I mentioned that on a Bass Pro survey I took a few months back. Basically told them I don't make many big ticket putchases there because they never have sales on the stuff. Also mentioned that if I got a reel for 25% off, I would likely but a rod and line at full price while I'm there. Not sure if anybody else feels the same way, but I think it's shitty that every time I go there, the ony deals on rods and reels are 10%-20% iff some low level store brand stuff.
>>
>>741159
Wikipeemee river, sprain brook, nonnewaug
Thanks!
>>
>>741166
Weekeepeemee River
Nonewaug River were both supposedly stocked recently according to where im looking as of april 15th so probably have been stocked since april cant find the exact date , il also try to find the trout stocking maps so you can see how many fish get put in anually and where they do
>>
>>741169
>>741166
that area looks like it should be stocked by the kensington hathery , but the names sound really familliar, so maybe we at the burlington hatchery stocked it, i cant quite remember since i personally stocked 20 or more places along this state
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-17-11-35-15.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-17-11-35-15.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>741169
Hey awesome thanks for coming through!

Just got down to Palm Coast Florida and this is walking distance. Will report back on bass and fishability
>>
>>741172
apologies for shitty links , my enter key on keyboard is broken these maps should show where the fish get put in , but based on the dates the numbers and some places may be outdated, take a look , http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/fishing/stockingmaps/nonewaug_river.pdf http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/fishing/stockingmaps/weekeepee_river.pdf http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/fishing/stockingmaps/sprain_brook.pdf
>>
>>741173
aall link ends with pdf so it shouldnt be too hard to copy paste, i do think the numbers are outdated honestly
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741172
Damn, if you were a lil further south, I would say we should bro out and try to catch some bass.

Just remember the water in FL is nice and warm already. I'm sure it's a tiny bit cooler up there, but not by much. When it's like that, I always do best fishing for largemouth like an hour before sunset until an hour or so after.

I wonder if they have those Mayan cichlids up there. If you catch any, you will be stunned by how strong the things are.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm stoked about finding pic related at Bass Pro. I think these things are called "underspins" which I recently learned reading that little MTB booklet.

I have never seen these ones with the gold willow blades. I always see them with silver Colorado blades. These ones should run a little deeper with the willows. Unfortunately once again, they only come in 1/16oz or 1/8oz.

I searched some more, and Bass Pro does carry the 1/4oz underspins. They are white with a white Colorado blade. Same ones that I saw at Dick's a couple months ago. But just like Dick's, they want $6ea for them, which is ridiculous for a 1/4oz jighead with a little blade on it. Plus they are easy to lose running real deep and the blades always break off after running them through a bunch of rocks and weeds and having fish chomp on them. I think I'm gonna have to order a handful of them online from eBay or somewhere. They should be closer to $1ea, not $6ea.

If anybody here does crappie and other panfish a lot and hasn't tried these underspins, I highly reccommend them. They even sell them at Walmart I believe. Get some 1/8oz underspins and run a 2" curly tail grub or those white Gulp curly tail minnows and watch the fish go crazy for it.
>>
>>741185
Don't think they have them this far north but I've heard they're wicked fighters
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>741217
Yeah man and they hit anything too. I got that guy today on a big spinnerbait and he had to hit it just right to get the hook in his mouth. That might have been the biggest Mayan I have caught. He was only like 1lb or 1.5lb, but that fucker ran with the drag on a rod that I have setup for bigger largemouth. It's kinda like how big bluegill fight decently hard for their size and they run a lot. Plus they grab the bait and try to rip it away instead of just swallowing it like a bass. But the Mayans are like the biggest bluegill times two.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What do you guys think about these little snap deals btw? I know somebody was talking about some fancy ones, but I just wanted to try something a little different than typical snap swivels. The snap swivels have a couple points that can slip and fail, and while I haven't had a big issue with it ever, I have never tried anything besides those in my whole life.

Also I impulsively grabbed the red bullet weights because I think they will look good with some of the Texas rigged worms, crawdads, and lizards if I have some clear water and picky fish.
>>
>>741220
Speaking of fighters, that sargo i caught yesterday was a surprisingly fierce guy for a fish its size.
First time ive ever caught one too.
>>
File: IMG_20160416_220155_603.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160416_220155_603.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
Caught 5 nice Brookies in a stream fed pond, one was pretty decent 15" ...sorry no pics tho was fly fishing... Lost my favorite bead head Wolly bugger :(
>>
>>741232
Which one is the Sargo?

Pic related is 4u. My favorite color X-Rap.

Also I gotta try out that new Shadow Rap. They come in a "Slow Rising" and "Slow Sinking" or something, but only really had one size for each. I ended up getting the "Slow Rising" because the other ones have 3 sets of hooks on them and I don't like having all those treble hooks on a 4" lure. It isn't necessary IMO and they just pick up more weeds and shit.

>>741236
15" brookie is worth losing a fly. Also, I really want that kid's "Munchkins" hat.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741238
>>741232
Goddamnit, forgot the pic.

I have never tried those Yo-Zuri poppers either but have been impressed with their other 3DB cranks so hopefully it works well.
>>
>>741238
Lol that is my fishing bud age 4, he still has the hat, but won't reproduce photo... Yeah but when you lose a fly that produced a lot it still stings a bit...
>>
>>740730
>>740734
Holy blog posts batman.
>>
>>741157

RAPALA DIVE TO 16
>>
File: IMG_20160417_133840840_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160417_133840840_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
Who needs a special fishing backpack when the tackle boxes for perfectly anyways
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741250
That's not even close to a blogpost, that's responding with honest advice for anon. There's just a lot to be said before somebody brand new to fishing goes and drops $300 on shit they don't need at all. Read more of the thread and you will see at least 20 other posts that could be "Blogposts". But what can I say, the weekend gets me excited about fishin.

Also...
>>>/b/
Go back there with your nasty ass pictures. But first, help me figure out how to fit all of these cranks into this box while keeping some organization.
>>
File: IMG_20160417_134207715.jpg (5MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160417_134207715.jpg
5MB, 4320x2432px
>>741195
Speaking of underspins I just picked these up recently,
Jig heads alone were $3 aproximatley no matter if 1/8th or 3/8ths like in mypic
The little ones that came premade are 1/8th oz and came with the soft plastic tralier and I got them for 3.14 on sale
It's easy enough to disconnect and reconnect them from the wire spreader
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 378x519px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 378x519px
>>741255
That's not bad if you don't want to put anything else in there, otherwise you have to take shit out to reach the boxes. But the actual fishing backpacks are pretty cool. After getting that one for my brother, I'm kinda considering it but I think I still might just grab a Plano 3500 bag like the "Weekender" to keep something small.

The backpack I got my bro is like pic related but different colors. The interesting thing is the big pocket above the boxes is insulated almost like a soft sided cooler. So I guess you could put bait and/or drinks in there to keep them cool, or put a worm binder and whatever else in there. And with the 3 or 4 3600 size boxes in the backpack, it is still suprisingly small and light. It doesn't stick out like that nerdy kid's bag in HS that had a month's worth of textbooks in there.

If yours works for you, keep with it though. For walking around lakes and constantly casting and moving, a comfy backpack is much better than my bag with the 3700 boxes in it. Especially since it is so weighted down with bullshit. If I'm moving a lot, I just leave the bag in the car and keep a real small box in my back pocket with a couple lures.
>>
>>741270
I have 2 other outside pockets for soft plastics, and leaders as well as a small box of favorites
Not much else I ever put on top other then a jacket sometimes, or some snacks
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>741260
Where did you get those from? So you're saying they are 3/8oz each jighead and were $3 for the two of them strung together?

Pic related here is some regular 1/8oz ones where you get 5 or 6 for $5, and the big white one is 1/4oz I think and they want $6 for one. So fucking stupid. I even tried looking all over the saltwater section too and couldn't find anything at Dick's or Bass Pro in a size larger than 1/8oz besides these $6 ones.
>>
File: 1460814718775.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460814718775.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>741238
Sargo or White Seabream
Weighed in at 11 oz or 0.7lb
>>
>>741260
>>741274
Nvm, now I see the two larger single ones on top. Those are the 3/8oz for $3, right?

That's better than $6, but still seems like a lot. Especially since the blades like to pop off after some use and I like to run them around snags, cover, and along the bottom.
>>
>>741274
Cabellas
3/8th oz ones were 3$ or so each
But the 1/8th ones that came prerigged with a spreader , and soft tails were $3 or so on sale aswell

Not sure if il be able to run 2 3/8ths on that same spreader but il give it a shot
>>
>>741277
I see. I don't have a Cabela's anywhere near me. And ordering off their website wouldn't be worth it just for those (unless I get another gift card code). I'm sure I can find them on eBay or something and get a 20pk of 1/4oz or 3/8oz for $20 with free shipping.

I just don't understand why it's so hard to find anything larger than 1/8oz, and when they do have the 1/4oz ones, they want way too much money. Those 1/8oz ones I grabbed today were $10 for 12 of them. And that was Bass Pro pricing, so it would probably be $8 at Dick's.

You gonna run any of those with the little spreader rig? Only thing that makes me nervous about shit like that is if a 5lb bass hooks onto one side, that wire attaching to the second jighead better be secured to there really well or it can get ripped right off. Cheap spinnerbaits will do that too with big fish, especially if you're running a snap swivel or clip. It can pop the blades right off. After that fat snakehead last night, I think I'm gonna start tying the line directly to the spinnerbaits like that.
>>
School of smelt I think. Lake is dead right now but weather is worth it.
>>
File: 20160417_143438.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160417_143438.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741299
>>
>>741293
Yeah they swim really well with the spreader rig, it was halfway difficult to unbend the wire to remove one of the 1/8th oz jig so I'd trust it enoygh
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 640x447px
Tackle warehouse will be the death of me I swear.
>>
3 undersized halibut from the sand today.

Pretty good day. There were a lot of activities a bit farther out of my cast range with birds diving into the water. Even some dolphins came in.

I didn't take any picture of the catch though since i waste so much time trying to remove the hook on the fishes I have put back. It took me like 2 min to dehook treble hook of the shadow rap from one of the fish. Halibut has such a hard and toothy mouth at the same time. Is there a better way to do this?

It pissed me off so much that i crushed the barb on all of the treble hooks except for one at the tail when I went home It was the correct move right? I didn't just permantly fuck up my lures I hope. I would hope that the shadow rap doesn't need all 9 barbs from 3 of the trebles on it
>>
>>741334
Worst case you can always put new hooks on there if it because a problem.
>>
>>741317
That's not too bad, you got a lot of soft plastics and shit for the money. And $5.00 for 2nd day shipping is nice. Cabela's would want like $10 for 7-10 day shipping on that order which pisses me off.

I spent about the same at Bass Pro today and it was basically 3 crank baits and some little shit. I was just happy to get out of there for <$100 tbqhwy f@m.
>>
>>741317
is tungsten bullet weight needed/worth it for texas rig or cheap lead bullet weight will still work?
>>
>>741371
I would never waste the money on tungsten bullet weights unless there were laws or regulations banning lead weights like in Maine. I believe certain lakes and waterways can have individual lead weight bans as well.
>>
Just got back from first fishing trip this year.
Got only two pollocks and a colleague I went with got a pollock and a nice cod.
But I snagged and lost 5 lures on the bottom and seaweeds goddamit.
No pics because fishing to important to remember taking pics.
Next time i was thinking to do some jigging, something like a Texas jeg but with 2 jigs maybe. Any suggestions about sea jigging for cod&pollock?
>>
>>741371
>>741379
I've never used them before, so I thought I'd try them out. I think they're smaller for the same weight, but I could be wrong.

>>741368
I wasn't even going to order any soft plastics. I just wanted some of those hooks and I can never seem to find them in stores.
>>
>>741371
Tungsten adds more sensitivity for finesse rigs. It never hurts to protect our waterways either I guess.
>>
>>741406
How big are those Zoom tiny brush hogs? I grabbed some smaller jigs (since the hooks are still huge anyway) so I could try and get some 12"-14" bass on them and still get the big guys if they are around. But at Dick's and maybe Bass Pro, it seems like most of the trailers are all big and wouldn't be practical on a 3/8oz football jig. I just figured I run a 3" curly tail grub if anything.
>>
>>741371
Nah senpai.
Lead all the way.
>>
>>741416
3 inch. I got it for when the bass are being picky. For jig trailers just get any crawfish lure you like then just cut the body where you want it.
>>
>>741429
I think I have some of the baby brush hogs too, but no tiny. You always run those on jigs or you Texas rig them too?

Does anybody use Carolina rigs in the year of our lord 2016?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>741432
I've never used them before. I might throw one on a jig and see how it does,but I'll probably texas rig it most of the time.

Pic related are what I use for trailers most of the time. Like I said you can just cut em down if you feel like they're too big.
>>
>>741432
I run a Carolina rig every once in a while just because it's what I learned on as a kid
>>
>>741432
I only use it for berkey sandworm and live/fresh bait on the surf. I can't think of any other choice for live bait. I don't use live/fresh bait that often anymore though. Therefore, it is usually for my friends who very rarely go fishing. They are too lazy to use lures. I guess if I go to freshwater, I would set up rod with it and bait for catfish as well
>>
How the hell do I into fly fishing
I can only cast like 20 feet
>>
>>741371
Lead works. I use tungsten because laws and stuff in nh.
>>
File: Snapchat-415224345082117416.jpg (1MB, 2392x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-415224345082117416.jpg
1MB, 2392x1440px
florida poster from last night
no luck fishing today, but i found out the large fish in my lake was most likely a grass carp that was stocked to curb the vegetation
so, we're gonna get some canned corn, catch that sombitch sometime this week, and post a nice picture to here
>>
>>741493
20' ain't a bad start friend. What are you working with. Also practice probably
>>
>>741510
>>741510
5-weight 8'8" rod
I'm going to hit the river tomorrow and see if I could catch my first trout
>>
>>741493
That's far enough to catch fish. Look up the double haul as well.
But remember accuracy is much more important than distance.
>>
This was the only bass I got today. Didn't flyfish but I wanted to.
>>
>>741521
Good job
>>
File: 20160417_132151.jpg (991KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20160417_132151.jpg
991KB, 2048x1350px
>>741521
Forgot pic
>>
>>741514
Yeah dude you're fine. 20' is plenty for most rivers. You will gain distance with practice.
>>
File: 20160417_130726.jpg (2MB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20160417_130726.jpg
2MB, 2048x1350px
>>741521
>>741523
Also this feisty bastard went after my bigger popper and actually got hooked properly in the mouth.
>>
File: 20160416_193811.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160416_193811.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Pic taken with a potato but my first for the year. It's finally nice out up here.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741525
I don't understand how they even hit these things.
>>
>>741527
It's a start
Here's to potato pics of little bass!
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>741527
4u
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741530
Potato thread?
>>
>>741533
The grass is in focus at least
>>
File: 20140921_184027.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20140921_184027.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>741534
>>
File: KyqBeUTg.jpg (212KB, 1196x2125px) Image search: [Google]
KyqBeUTg.jpg
212KB, 1196x2125px
>>741528

Usually when small sunfish hit big lures they aren't actually preying on the lure, they're attacking it because they think it's another small fish with food in its mouth. They try to ram into the other fish and knock it loose.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741535
Yeah I don't understand how this pic >>741527 is 2.28mb when absolutely nothing is in focus.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741538
I could see that with a lipped crank or a lipless with a gold swivel.

2muchfocus on that pic. Gtfo.
>>
File: image.png (259KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
259KB, 640x1136px
Has anyone messed with one of these reels? I'd like to know more than the fake reviews online
>>
File: 20160417_174654.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160417_174654.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>740584

five fireplaces...seriously?
>>
loving all the fish photos the past few threads. been sick as all hell and haven't been able to fish for the past few days.
>>
>>741550
Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's reviews are normally pretty spot on. On a baitcaster around that price, 4/5 stars and a bunch of people saying "It's definitely worth the money" means it shouldn't shit out on you within a month.

The reels that really have issues like some Quantums I have seen, you will immediately see a bunch of 1 star reviews all complaining about similar problems. Abu baitcasters are solid and the Orra line has been out for a bit so I wouldn't worry.
>>
File: spooltekrootbeer.jpg (189KB, 734x1280px) Image search: [Google]
spooltekrootbeer.jpg
189KB, 734x1280px
I just bought this spooltek for bass fishing.
>>
>>741555
It will be the next reel I buy along with the Abu Garcia vendetta rod
>>
>>741550
I have 2 abu garcia meme casters and I like both of them a lot. A black max and a Revo stx. Honestly the not difference I can tell between them is that the stx can cast a tiny bit farther, it's smoother, and the drag is better. I feel like my black max will last me a good while, so I wouldn't hesitate to get that one. I also have an Orra spinning reel that I like a lot. Is say go for it.
>>
>>741573
If you have a Dick's nearby you, I would reccommend stopping by and seeing if they have anymore Veritas or Veracity rods on sale. The ones near me had the baitcaster rods with the micro guides on clearance so the Veritas was only $80 and the Veracity was like $120 I think. Vendetta isn't bad though, I have one. But if I coulda gotten the Veritas for the same price, I would be rocking that.
>>
>>741575
That's one of the things I like about Abu Garcias. Doesn't seem like anybody really had issues with any of their reels, no matter the price range. They may not be the cheapest or have a million bells and whistles, but they will work for years. And if anything ever fails, it is super easy to get parts.
>>
>>741573
I meant the verdict rod not the vendetta
>>
>>741493
Take a fly casting class or workshop and then practice in your free time. There's a 99% chance that there's either a fly fishing club or a friendly fly shop within driving distance that would be happy to help you git gud.

Also, if you're using anything but a weight-forward floating line as a beginner you're doing it wrong. Those shitty little $50 combos you buy at wal-mart are awful-to-mediocre rods paired with chinkshit plastic reels and level fly lines that are terrible for casting.
>>
>>741585
Weight forward? Level? Does weight forward mean it gets larger at the end where the fly is? Like opposite taper? While level is one consistent thickness?
>>
File: copy2offlylineprofiles.jpg (26KB, 700x329px) Image search: [Google]
copy2offlylineprofiles.jpg
26KB, 700x329px
>>741592
http://www.bordergameangling.co.uk/FlyLines2.htm
>>
File: IMG_1483.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1483.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
7 Pound 26 inch Channel Cat pulled out of the Little Miami River yesterday. Had the most roe of any catfish I've Caught in the last few years
>>
>>741606
Jesus
>>
>>741608
Not the heaviest but for sure the fattest I've gotten in recent memory
>>
>>741609
Wut u catch it on?
>>
>>741592
Fly fishing is weird. Take literally everything you understand about how to fish and throw it out the window, it's time to learn to cast line; not lures
>>741594
I think I'm getting better at fly casting. But I've Still yet to find an actual flyfisherman to give me pointers
>>
>>741608
PF this is palm coast anon from earlier. What soft baits do Florida's use? Any color they seem to like?
>>
>>741606
you look like a woman
>>
>>741610
My go-to river bait is cut drum and that's what I was using here.
>>
>>741613
Floridians effing autocorrect
>>
>>741614
Bugger off I like 'em androgynous
>>
>>741614
>commenting on looks in a fishing discussion thread
:)
>>
>>741617
Sadly I'm too muscular to be androgenous. My build just isnt for it. I do love my long hair though
>>
>>741620
keep tellin yourself that bud
>>
>>741619
do you fish at night? i have two places i want to target for catfish, one being a pond that is occationally stocked with channel cats the othe r being a river that has white cats and bullhead, maybe channel cats maybe not , the river i can fish at night , the lake not so much
>>
>>741624
You say that like I wasn't already going to
>>
>>741620
I used to have hair like that but had to cut it for work. You'd be amazed what can happen when hair gets caught in things. I know a guy who got his hair stuck in a rubber press and rode to the hospital with half his face in his hands. Not dangling by a thread, completely detached and he had to carry it in to the hospital.
>>
>>741625
It really depends.
For the pond: Take a bucket of liver and rig it with pantyhose so it stays on and put it on an octopus hook. Start around 5 and end around 12 and you'll catch a few decent channel cats for sure.

For the river: For white cats and bullhead and smaller channel catfish just straight up a heavy split shot and a smaller hook with a nightcrawler. Set up a few rods like that on a flat bank, start a fire and either go early in the morning or in the evening and through the night to really capitalize on any of the smaller catfish species there
>>
>>741633
i dont think there are many large catfish in either place, thepond/lake i would have to target from kayak theriver il probably try to get out one night from midnight to early morning, or the other way, though in the river i need atleast an ounce to stay on bottom if not slightly more, though the river has potential for monsters of any species, it used tohave gravel pulled out of it so its deep and wide supposedly 35 ft in some spots
>>
>>741635
Well depending on your area I would get some lve shiners and put them down one of those holes given the prospect of flatheads.
>>
File: IMG_2721.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2721.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>741238
>brookie is worth losing a fly
my brookie's face when...
>>
Ask someone who literally found a shoe box filled with drawings of fox girl furry porn and edgy flame skulls near the lake I fish at anything.
>>
>>741613
Junebug worms drive the bass nuts
>>
>>741260
>3.14
pi heads
They're gonna be lucky!
>>
>>741656
pics
>>
>>741637
its HARD to find those holes, theres all sorts of weird ass funky currents in that area due to all the digging they have done and it makes it near imposible to get any thing to go straight down bad section of river to go overboard in , last year some guy drowned, just got sucked under apparently and no one found him until they brought divers in just a month or so before that i saved an old guy who flipped his canoe and couldn't do anything, had to jump out of my kayak and swim to get him plus supposedly in my state theres only channel and white catfish
>>
>>741551
damn that is one fine lake house.
>>
>>741592
WEIGHT FORWARD: These lines are thicker and heavier on the business end, enabling longer casts. The casting weight is generated in the front part of the line, which pulls the thinner and considerably lighter running line, resulting in longer casts but sacrificing accuracy.
>>
>>741656
Where are the pictures proving this?
>>
File: 20150815_093917.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20150815_093917.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>741665

Got nothing on this one though, 1/2 mi away same lake. Valued $29 mil, owned by the Boston Red Sox owner.
>>
File: IMG_0760.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0760.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741650
whole pic, over 12" but skinny
>>
>>741674
>owner
Henry or Lucino?
>>
File: 20150801_172650.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150801_172650.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>741681

Henry. May be co-owned though. I rarely see people at it when I'm fishing, only once last year.
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 768x768px
Pepsi what kinds of species are you targeting mostly? I get the feeling that it's bass, but inline spinners aren't a huge bass lure around here so I'm just curious. Also, if it is bass, what's your best?

Pic is me, a fish, and the rod I caught it on. (Texas-rigged black & blue stickbait)

2015 was the year of the senko for me. Also the year I really got into fishing.
>>
>>741743
You should really get a rod that isnt for children.
>>
>>741743
wtf is that rod
>>
File: 20160417_222843.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160417_222843.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Made a run to dicks today. Left with an abu garcia veritas medium 7' spinning rod, and a shimano sahara 2500. Got some suffix super 21 low stretch mono.

The abu is rated lighter than my ugly stik elite and feels so much stiffer. It's crazy how sensitive it makes everything. I can feel everything the lure is doing, and it still casts amazing. The reel seat is really nice quality too.

The shimano sahara has been super buttery. Drag is smooth, casts well. Im super happy with this combo.
>>
>>741762
a rod that is superior to yours because it catches fish.
>>
>>741774
My rod catches plenty of fish if you catch my drift ;)
>>
>>741777
nice trips
but how does your worm do?
>>
>>741769
My Skeet Reese carbon victory 2000 gets here on Tuesday. Still haven't found a rod for it.
>>
Just to clarify, that rod was a friend's kid's. I only used it to see if it could handle a decent sized fish. Obviously it did.

It's a Zebco Dock demon if anyone is seriously curious though. Probably wouldn't advise using it for anything other than panfish because that bass made the gears grind something fierce.

Did not anticipate hate for catching a nice fish on a dinky rod, but this is 4chan I suppose.
>>
>>741786
it's not hate, you just can't post that rod without any explanation
>>
>>741786
yeah I actually think it's a cool that you used that rod
>>
File: $_3.jpg (34KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
34KB, 800x640px
>>741769
Gold/Black anodizing
ALMOST the best color combo.
>>
File: 20160417_211015.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160417_211015.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>741781

The abu veritas is sick man. The venegence is also really nice but has a cheaper reel seat. St croix has a few really nice rods for around $100.

This guy put up a decent fight actually. Great way to break in the new setup.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 480x640px
>>741787
>>741789

Fair enough; I should've added some context.

In the spirit of posting last year's photos, here is an absolute monster of a bluegill/green sunfish hybrid that I caught on a ball of bread (and a rod suitable for normal humans)
>>
>>741808
>St croix
I love the Mojo Bass but don't want to drop 120. Looking for 6'6" ML fast that can toss 1/16 or lighter well,
>>
I have an old DAM rod which is missing a line eye in one of the guides.
Its an old rod so a replacement is not an option.

How would i go about replacing only the eye, or do i have to change the whole guide?
Its a very soft and sensitive eel fishing rod. I use it for sea bream.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>741769
That's just how it goes when you get a rod with fast action.

>>741743
Depends. Mostly bass, but I use the inlines because sneks and mayans love them too.

It's strange because the snakeheads are limited to a fairly small area I think. Northern Broward county has tons of them, but there's not many peacocks. So when I'm fishing a lake in Southern Broward, I don't use the inlines as much.

My biggest largemouth is a probably around 4.5lbs, which sucks because FL has huge largemouth. That's why I want to git gud with the jigs and creatures and stuff. Seems like I hit the smaller guys more when I'm running stuff 2'-4' under the surface.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>741786
This one was on some extra light 5' or 5'6" ultralight too, look how tiny that rod was.
>>
taking the kayak out for some flounder fishing, wish me luck. first time i've done it.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>742056
Good luck mang. You get those in open water or what?

Pic related is my next purchase
>>
>>742056
teach me, I have yak and want flounder
>>
>>742058
>next purchase
Sell all your tackle, you'll probably be 1/2way there.
>>
>>742066
Maybe if I sell my house too (which I rent)
>>
>>742063
im going off the skinner videos.

hopefully I catch something, totally expecting to catch nothing.
>>
>>742081
i thought it was a bit early in the season no? i dont do alot of saltwater fishing myself
>>
>>742109
>>742081
I'm just curious how deep and where he's goin for flounder
>>
>>742112
whiled i dont know much about flounderfishing i have caught them in deep water some times of the year( 30 plus feet ) an have also seen them in very shallow water other times of the year, i would assume they would maybe e shallow this time of the year trying to get into warmer water
>>
>>742112
>where
On Cape/Boston Harbor flounder time is April and you can get them damn near anywhere. In estuaries, harbors, bays
They are daylight feeders (sight activated)

Hmmmmm, gonna have to do this & soon!
>>
bump post
>>
and thread is dead, Dammitsomuch Pepsi, make new one or I will and it won't be pretty
>>
>>742193
gimmeasec
>>
>>742204
>>742204
>>742204
NEW
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 98

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.