[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealership Horror Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 31

File: muhdreams.jpg (63KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
muhdreams.jpg
63KB, 800x520px
>go to buy new WRX
>salesman tells me my credit is great and I'm good for the low interest deal
>go to finance department to finalize
>salesman lied to me, my credit is subpar and now these cunts are trying to get me to buy a car at 5%
>yell at them, try to renegotiate
>they agree and put the interest rate lower, but add a bunch of shit charges
>turn 360 degrees and walk out of that hellhole

what are your most triggering stories?
>>
>>15384074
Same happened to me, but then I sucessfully renegotiated and they boosted my warranty to 80 month/100k with a 0% rate.
No bullshit charges either.
>>
>>15384074
my dad is an impulsive idiot and decided to buy a car on a certain day back in 2012. here's a list of what the fucktard salesman did because he saw my dad is a moron and can be easily played.
>back and forth to "talk" with the manager to extend the negotiation and tire us down
>all the prices he gave us were higher than what they had listed online on their own website
>wouldn't come down at all at any of the prices despite "talking" with the manager multiple times (also note the previous point)
at this point i wanted to walk out since nothing they offered was really priced that well (i also wasn't yet aware that they were offering us higher prices than what they listed on their own website,) but like i said my dad is an impulsive idiot so this is what happens.
>they financed the car for us
>offer shit interest rate in late 2012 when car sales were still shit
>tagged on some 2 grand warranty without telling us
>tagged on an extra 3 grand onto the price of the car in the paperwork on top of the already inflated price (compared to what they listed online) that was agreed to without telling us
the whole ordeal took something insane like 5 hours. when we got home i told him he got scammed. he went back to the dealership and traded the car for a new model, but they tagged on the 6 grand (3 grand extra that they added in the paperwork, 2 for the warranty, and 1 over the price that they had listed on the website.)

this was my first time dealing with a car dealership. i wasn't even aware that shit like that is allowed to happen, or could happen. they are still in business as far as i know.
>>
File: nein.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nein.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
>>15384111
>but they tagged on the 6 grand (3 grand extra that they added in the paperwork, 2 for the warranty, and 1 over the price that they had listed on the website.)
fucking hell m8. I absolutely hate it when those dealership asshats make you wait hours and hours while they "check with the manager".
>>
>>15384111

Why wouldn't they still be in business???

>make easy $6000 in 5 hours...
>>
>>15384141
if they try that shit tell them that if you can't speak with someone that can negotiate the price then you'll go to a dealership where you can.

it's a bullshit strategy to keep you there longer and make you more emotionally invested in the deal. the longer you are there, the less likely you are to leave without buying, and the more tired you will be so they can sneak extra charges into the paperwork without you noticing.
>>
Former dealership Technician.

Suckers are suckers. Price of not being informed. The stealership stories are endless. The nightmare stories of clunkers, horrible "fix it" jobs to wrecks, and countless other issues go on.

Over priced crap is over priced crap. Remember, the original owner didn't sell it because it's a good vehicle.

Do your research.
>>
Someone post LongpostGuy screenshots.
>>
>>15384210
>someone post shit everyone has read at least twice
fuck off >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>15384216
>>someone try and save this shit thread
>go2reddit
Fuck off
>>
File: happy pepe.jpg (70KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
happy pepe.jpg
70KB, 400x388px
>tfw too poor to buy a new car from a dealership
>>
>>15384235
>reposting old shit just to bump the thread and up the post count
>saving it
maybe on reddit, you horrendous faggot.
>>
>>15384252
Why is reddit considered an insult?
>>
>>15384562
People people here think 4chan is the only website on the internet that matters and are autistic as fuck.
>>
>>15384074
5% isn't even that bad if you're a first time buyer with moderate credit
>>
>>15384588
but thats quite a bit more than 2.9 that they were offering
>>
>>15384074
>>salesman tells me my credit is great and I'm good for the low interest deal
>>go to finance department to finalize
>>salesman lied to me, my credit is subpar and now these cunts are trying to get me to buy a car at 5%

why the fuck would you apply for a loan without getting your credit score before hand? It takes 15 minutes and that way you are prepared before you even talk to a loan officer.
>>
>>15384074
5% isn't bad for a regular Joe with poor credit.
My Visa is at 4.2%, but I have immaculate credit.
You can also look into a personal line of credit, but I doubt you'll get better than 5%.
>>
>>15384907
t. shit accountant
>>
>>15384907
>>15385003
I doubt that, I mean I have a 750 credit score and the best BMW Financial could offer was 4.5%. I went through Sun Trust and got 3.25% on a decade old car. Not that bad desu, and 5% is far from horrible.
>>
>>15384574
because reddit is a community for people in constant need of self validation. they even have subreddit(s?) for reposting threads/posts from 4chan.

you have real communities dedicated to certain topics where information is shared out of pure good will, and you have reddit where information is shared purely for karma/upboats. it's basically a community for narcissistic people, i.e. the shittiest type of people you can meet in real life, and is in direct contract to 4chan where everything is anonymous and tripfags are shamed as attention whores.
>>
>>15385279
>the shittiest type of people you can meet in real life
Pretty sure that is 4chan for the most part. Just don't ever delve into the comment section of anything but specific subreddits and you'll be fine. Arguing with retards on 4chan at least all are on equal ground, on reddit its whack. Hell, I got fucking shadowbanned five years back for telling a guy he was a spick loving piece of shit in a private message. Only worse now, but you can't expect real discussion here on most boards, and even on /o/ outside of the general threads or rare times people are helpful. both are shit for different reasons. the way people stalk you though the archives tho negates half the point of anonymity here for what its worth.
>>
File: reddit.png (7KB, 395x73px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
7KB, 395x73px
>>15384562
>>
>>15385443
>caring muh internet points
gay as fuck. the fact that man got that many downboats means he's probably right anyways. if you wan't to experience reddit the best, don't get a fucking account, never comment, and just lurk.

i'm not saying it isn't cancer, but so it this hellhole
>>
>>15385443
>nearly one thousand in the negative
>for having an opinion that's different

Reddit confirmed for being a Beta/Omega-Man's Tumblr
>>
>>15385406
the "4chan users are shit people" meme evolved because people post what they truly believe in due to anonymity. reddit caters to thin skinned pieces of shit that believe in strength in numbers rather than logic and facts. they'll just down vote everything that even slightly goes against what the echo chamber believes in.

i always forget about shadow bans on reddit too. that alone shows what horrid it is community. they won't get rid of you outright, but let you keep coming back and even posting, but no one will be able to see your posts and you're not even made aware of it unless you go out of your way to check.

also, archives were never supposed to be part of the 4chan culture. you can thank the reddit influence for that.
>>
>>15384074
do you live in IL ?
>>
File: 1412877566009.jpg (858KB, 3090x2310px) Image search: [Google]
1412877566009.jpg
858KB, 3090x2310px
>>15385571
couldn't agree more.
>>
reminder to make sure you know the vehicle's history before buying it

>$5k car, sweet
>roll dice
>shitty transmission
>catalytic converter
>fuel pump

And congratulations, you instead bought a $10k car
>>
>>15384074
>Go to buy a used STI
>Sticker price is $20000 even
>Tell them I'm willing to pay $17500
>They shoot back with $19000
>Tell the salesman $18250 is alright by me
>He tells me, completely straight-faced "$19500".
>>
>>15385873
Sounds pretty normal friendo.

That's when you leave your number with them and tell walk away.
>>
>>15385662
nope, FL
>>
>>15385873
is this from some comedy show where the salesman is a complete retard?
>>
>>15384074
> Walk into dealership
> Nobody fucking there
> One salesman, talking to a family
> Poke around the new cars for a bit until someone asks if they can help in that 'you can't afford this shit' tone
> Inform them that yes, they can help, by doing their job
> Get sent to a literal shed outside for the used car sales
> Get left alone for half an hour after the initial lecture about their 'personal contract plan' leasing scam.
> Get taken to see a car
> It's out of my given price range
> Get practically shoved into it anyway
> Salesman blocks the door to lecture me on the lease and upsell the car like crazy
> It's blatantly been a family car, can almost smell the baby stink
> Eventually extricate myself, thank them for their time, and GTFO
Didn't buy a car there.

> Go to dealership
> Get dealt with in short order
> Taken out to be upselled into a car a bit above my price range
> Sit in car, salesman gets into passenger seat
> No room to get car out to test drive it, so they want me to call back about that some other time
> Look down
> There's no fucking handbrake
> THERE'S NO MOTHERFUCKING HANDBRAKE
> Mouth works without input of brain
> 'Where's the handbrake?'
> "OH IT'S ELECTRONIC"
> Demonstrates it
> Didn't buy that model.

> Walk into dealership
> Ask to see a specific car
> Taken to it
> Test drive it
> Treated with respect the whole time
> Just testing models out, so I thank them for their time
> They apologise for not having washed it because it's so new on their lot
> Decide I want it a couple of weeks later
> Go back
> They don't have it
> Get upsold to the new model
> It works, I agree to buy it
> Finances agreed
> Part exchange... £100 maximum depending on inspection
> Look outside at old shitbox
> Remember why I'm selling it
> 'Nah, I'll sell it privately.'
> Do so, get nearly £500 for it due to some mug falling in love with the high-speed handling
> Copy the salesman, and hide the flaws, and don't let them discover how awful it is going slow
>>
Looking to buy a wrx wagon. Find one out in theidle of nowhere 75 miles from my house. Online the car is available. Call to verify 3 different times with a salesmen the new car manager and the salesman again.
Drive my ass out there to look at the car. Get there the car I asked about and checked on 3 times was a order for someone and just haven't came to the dealer to take delivery yet.
>>
When buying a car, go in with a firm, set max price you are willing to pay out the door. Refuse to bend.

Be simple and straightforward.
>>
>>15387759
To be fair a large number of cars are using electronic handbrakes now. Not a fan of it personally (even though I actually own a car with one....) oh well
>>
>>15387852
But it depends on the available trims too. Dealerships add dumb ass packages to the wrx that make the prices fluctuate. ie a base model with package a would have a different price than a base model with package b
>>
>>15385279
>because reddit is a community for people in constant need of self validation
You realize there are people on 4chan like this right?
See
>>>/adv/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/fit/
>>
>>15388038
dont forget /pol/
>>
>>15385571
>also, archives were never supposed to be part of the 4chan culture. you can thank the reddit influence for that.
There have been archives around since before reddit was even a thing kiddy
>>
I went to a dealership once with a check for about a grand less than they had this NC mx5 listed

And left with a mx5

>financing a car kek
>>
>>15388077
>spending tens of thousands at once to support the motorized jew
literally lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>>15384562
Go the fuck back to plebbit if you don't understand the answer to that question
>>
>>15388129
no u
>>
>>15384074
Haha I need to make a new TFTD thread, I've had a few noteworthy stories
>>
>>15388187
when?!
>>
>>15388187
post em here now you fuck
>>
>>15388187
do it you fagget, it's been fucking months
how's business?
>>
>>15388197
>>15388207
>>15388268
lol alright give me a few, I'll try and drop a story or two in here. It's been pretty good actually, tons of back to school/off to college sales which is easy money
>>
>>15384245
>Tfw in the same situation but my slave cylinder just shit out on me and now i have no form of transportation
>>
>>15388099
Having to pay someone extra money because you can't afford the car in the first place.

You sound pathetic.
>>
>>15387876
Still a dealbreaker.
That, and I didn't like the rest of the car.
Ford > Vauxhall.
>>
>Be me
>Be 18
>Go to large used car dealership with good rep
>Find the exact car I want, at trade in value because they can't shift it
>I must have it
>Dealership won't let me test drive it because I am not 21 and not covered by their insurance
>Cave and put a deposit anyway
>Salesman tries to sell me warranty
>Accept
>Salesman tries to sell me paint protection and promises to buff out a few marks
>Accept
>Collection day rolls around
>As I am parking outside the dealership the salesman calls me to say my car is not ready, it's had all the warranty work and service done and is being resprayed because they couldn't buff the marks out
>Walk inside and complain to manager
>He makes the paint protection free and offers me a free tank of fuel when I collect the car
>Cancel the warranty, my brakes and cambelt and bits had been done already, so were now free
>Collection day 2, and I get my freshly painted car and rack up a £500 bill at the petrol station with my free fuel ticket
>Dealership are already £3000 down by selling me the car, but I signed a contract so they have to
>18 months later, take car to Renault to get it valued as part ex
>Find out it has £15,000 of outstanding finance from the previous owner
>Threaten dealer I bought it from with court if he doesn't sort it
>Dealership pay the finance off.

And that is how you screw a dealership out of £10,000
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 251x201px
Alright, a few new stories

>dealership owner does big radio ad blitz about helping people get into a lower car payment
>does this every year, always brings in a ton of people with just ridiculous amounts of negative equity on trade ins
>you always get a couple stand-outs from the local flagship Ford dealer because these mofo's just bury people if they can get away with it
>young white couple, mid-20's, come in, have a 2015 Ford Focus SE sedan, automatic, they bought new from this dealership, want a lower payment
>first things first, ask them how much they are currently paying a month on the Focus
>monthly payment is over 600 fucking dollars
>dick_punch,jpg
>ask the two of them if they have any of the original paperwork/loan contract for that car so I can try and figure out how they got to this payment
>guy amazingly has folder with all the original paperwork in it, so I start going through all of it to try and figure out how they got ass blasted this bad
>Ford dealer took them for full MSRP on the Focus, so that was 19,500
>added 4 grand extended warranty through the dealership (not Ford)
>added 3 grand "10 year maintenance package"
>2 thousand dollar 'first place finish' wax and paint protection package
>dealer doc fee of almost a grand
>sales tax
>out the door financed amount was a little better than 31,000 for a Ford Focus SE, 7% APR at 60 months
>finance manager at Ford dealership had written it all up as a 'first time buyers' contract from the header on the loan paperwork
>to make this easy, I pull up what we are selling used 2015 Focii for, in addition to what the dealer invoice on the '15 Focus was when it was new
>write it all out side by side and take it back to my office to show these poor saps,
>more than 10 grand upside down on the Focus, basically no way to get them into anything for a cheaper payment unless it's a complete pile of shit
>go back to my office, outline the situation to them. Girl starts to angry cry, guy just looks at floor
>>
File: mfwlpgstory.jpg (108KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mfwlpgstory.jpg
108KB, 1600x1200px
>>15389595
YES
YES
YES
YES
BAZZZINNGGGAAA
NEW LPG STORY
SOMEBODY SCREENSHOT EVERY POST!!!
>>
>>15384074
>360 degrees

Congratulations, you played yourself
>>
>>15389595
>I give it a few seconds to see how bad things are going to deteriorate to, once it seems like no one is going to have a full on breakdown I press for a little more detail
>guy and girl are newly married, fresh outta college
>guy financed car right after graduation but before he and the chick got married
>had never bought a car before in his life, went in without any backup, got rammed up the ass without lube
>girl has salvage title dodge neon she bought back in high school that is falling apart
>they have jobs on separate ends of town, both have to have a car to get to work
>the plan was to see if the guy could cut his payment to about 300, he could then co-sign with her on a car for about 300 a month since she has no credit
>that way they could have 2 cars, and be paying about the same
>obviously, this plan is out the fucking window, because slapdick the wonder husband now owns the world's most expensive mid-trim ford focus
>turn back to the wife, try and figure out if she has any leeway to afford a car on her own/if I can get her approved, is there any payment they COULD make if slapdick keeps his focus
>i give them a minute or two to talk it over amongst themselves while I go grab a coke, can already hear voices starting to elevate
>always amazing how quick people can flip from sad to angry, but I park myself in the next office over and listen in as best I can
>girl is giving the husband all sorts of shit for getting ripped off on the focus, basically tearing him a new asshole over the fact that he never makes any good financial decisions
>from what I can make out, he basically agrees to split a 300 dollar payment with her if she can get approved, so I take this is my cue to step back to the office and check on them
>sure enough, she throws out a 300 a month payment if she can get approved, so next is on to the business of figuring out what it is she wants and if we can get even close to making it happen
>>
>>15389672
>>15389595
POSTING IN AN LPG THREAD
>>
>>15384074
Holy shit same exact thing happened to me except instead of walking out I shot the place up
>>
>>15387759
your story sucks
>>
>>15384074
I worked at a Mercedes-Benz dealer in San Antonio for a few months. (Just long enough to never want to sell cars again)
>Pretty well dress woman comes in on a Monday morning
>Real Estate Agent
>She has a large Lexus SUV thing she wants to trade in
>Front grill all pushed in - hood buckled.
>She literally had just red-ended somebody before driving in.
>The used car manager and I look at her car while she wanders in the showroom
>Two years old - 44, 000 miles
>Lexus is perfect on the outside
>Interior is spotless
>We force hood open
>Engine bay is filthy
>No oil on dipstick
>No service records
>Blue book says car is worth $11K - $8K with damage
>Used car manager does credit check
>Woman owes over $50K on note
>Used car manager calls buddy at Lexus dealer
>Lexus guy tells him she came in with a fucked up BMW on flatbed
>Lexus dealer paid off BMW and added loan to the SUV note
>$600+/month for 71 months with huge 72nd month payment
>Used car manager explains this to woman saying we can't touch the trade
>She can't understand and says over and over the Lexus guys "Paid off the BMW loan for me"
>She leaves in tears
>Used car manager gets call from buddy at Lexus dealer later that day
>Woman came over and was freaking out when she realized she really did owe $50K
>>
>>15389770
I live in san antonio too, just a question, how much does the average person haggle off a new or used car? is 3k a laugh in the face?
>>
>>15384111
>>15384111
HURR DURR THEY SOLD ME SOMTHING AND I DIDNT EVEN LOOK AT WHAT I WAS PAYING FOR BEFORE I PAID
>>
>>15389789
All the dealers in SATX have an unwritten no haggle policy.
>You pay the sticker price or fuck off.
>>
>>15389672
>so, since she's a girl in her mid 20's what she wants is a small crossover/SUV
>look through inventory, and find a 2WD Rav-4, ok miles, but in great condition, figure it's the best bet to make this happen
>I pitch her the Rav, she likes it, wants to go see it, so we go out and take a look
>pretty much a base model, but it fits the bill of being reliable and a small SUV and possibly within 300 a month and she likes it
>so we head back in and get to the business of getting her finance application put together
>now to appreciate the rest of story I fill you in a little on these 2 people
>they are very stereotypical frat guy/sorority girl 'we meet in college then got married' looking couple. The type of people you would never imagine doing anything...unconventional
>when we get back to do the application, the girl again gets very touchy, and wants the husband to wait outside the office
>throws down the 'it's just going to my name so it's my business' line with him
>he throws a little bit of a fit but eventually relents when she throws the 'you suck at money anyway' line back at him, so we go into the finance office and get things going
>now, she breaks out why she didn't want her husband around when doing the fiance app
>her day job is working as an instructor at a daycare (she has some BS communications like degree so that's the best she could do)
>however, as she had made public, her husband sucks with money, so she had taken a second job, and TOLD her husband it was as a nanny for a couple that worked night shift
>what she was ACTUALLY doing was working as a stripper at a local strip club, and was making an OK amount of money doing it
>she didn't want the husband to A.)know she was actually stripping or B.)know how much money she was really taking in so she could have her own little slugh fund
>now this ISNT the first time I've sold a car to a stripper, so I got the application together (you have to list the job as entertainer fyi)
>>
>>15389825
lets say if i were to buy a car at the dealership, and i dint want to pay for a particular package they tried to up sell me. Months later i now want it, would it be cheaper to do it before? or do i have to pay labor and pay more?
>>
>>15389833
>application goes off, we go out and look over her salvage title neon, offer her 500 bucks
>get the application back, she actually gets a first time buy approval through Capital One for 4.5% with 1000 down
>all things put together, it would put her payment at 313 a month
>again, she secretly says she could make all of the payment, but is still going to squeeze the husband for half of it for being such a dumbfuck with his focus
>I roll my eyes internally and continue to write everything up
>spend the rest of the sale trying to figure out how made/upset the husband would be if he found out his sorority sister wife was stripping on the side to make some spending money

You can never ever tell where a sale is going to lead you guys, lol.
>>
Saw a deal online for brand new Nissan Versa Notes for close to $10k.

I thought it was a good deal and always liked small hatches like that, so I walked in, test drove, told the salesman how awesome I thought the $10k deal was.

He got real quiet when I mentioned that deal. Big red flag. We pick out the color, options, etc.

Finance manager enters. "Yes, we can get you in that car for $18k, and 5% apr".

>Wut.jpg
>show him $10k deal online
>show him 0% APR deal online

Ooooh... yeah, that. No, that price and apr is for "well qualified buyers with every discount possible. You don't qualify for half of them"

I'm fuckin pissed. Tell them to fuck off and that I'll never shop with their family of dealers again.
>>
>>15389833
>she didn't want the husband to A.)know she was actually stripping or B.)know how much money she was really taking in so she could have her own little slugh fund
The key to every successful marriage, lying to your husband about being a stripper kek
>>
Versa for 18k, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>15385027
>750
>good

let me know when you get to the big boy scores
>>
>>15389954
lol, it's always interesting the little peaks you get into people's private lives. When it comes down to money, all the interesting shit starts to come out
>>
>>15389954
props to her.
>>
File: IMAG0845.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0845.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>15390049
Hey thanks for sharing. I know I shouldn't revel in the misfortune of others, but I loved this.

What's the worst finance rate you've seen?

How often do people buy above their means?

What's the best deal you've seen?
>>
File: 1464614515642.jpg (13KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
1464614515642.jpg
13KB, 225x169px
>>15389833
>since she's a girl in her mid 20's what she wants is a small crossover/SUV

When will the mall-crawler-SUV/crossover meme end. They do basically NOTHING well.
>>
>>15390268
Except maintain a similar footprint to what ever shitbox it's based on with substantially increased interior capacity.
>>
>>15390193
>What's the worst finance rate you've seen?
28.9% on a Mercedes SUV that a lady rolled 10K of negative equity into form a BMW X5. Her payment was 1250 a month for 72 months.
>How often do people buy above their means?
All the time. Car loan bubble is going to be the next thing to burst
>What's the best deal you've seen?
Best? I've given a couple people 20-25% off asking before on cars we really needed to get rid of.
>>
>>15390288
You misspelled moderately.
>>
>>15390404
1,250 for 72 months. Jesus.

What do you drive?
>>
File: Current_Cars_2014_C.jpg (3MB, 3405x2642px) Image search: [Google]
Current_Cars_2014_C.jpg
3MB, 3405x2642px
>>15390539
current stable, although the Pilot is really my wife's car
>>
>>15390564
>posting relatives cars as his own

cmon bruh
>>
>>15390564
Those bumpers on the SL...
>>
>>15390449
Regardless, that's the exact objective they achieve and they achieve it well, whether we like them or not.
I personally prefer wagons but you can't argue with increased cargo height and easier access putting kids in and out of car seats.
>>
File: IMG_20131012_131212.jpg (3MB, 3101x2326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131012_131212.jpg
3MB, 3101x2326px
>>15390586
All of them are mine, and technically so is the Pilot (my name is on the title) but my wife is the one who uses it the most.

Miata and E320 are the most recent acquisitions, picked both of those up from work, both were cars we took as trade ins

>>15390591
Yeah, thank 80's slow speed crash bumpers....Also, the most spaghetti infect engine I have ever worked on
>>
>>15390564
You like your red Mercedes coupes don't you lpg? Currently looking at used slk's myself, how do you like yours?
>>
- Used car sticker $18,000
- Manheim is $12-13k
- Salesman first proposal is $420/mo x 60 = $25,200
- tell him WTF no my offer is $15,000, I will pay $250/mo x 60
- We go around and around for 20 mins.
- He says "ok ok... with all the taxes and fees it will be $297/mo"
- Done deal

- We pay on it for two years and realize that the receipt book the bank sent has 72 payments

TL/DR: fuckers changed the months from 60 to 72 on the finance form
>>
>>15390692
That I do. Love the SLK, only car I've ever broken down and bought new thus far. 175K on the clock with no issues.
>>
>>15390622
May I ask what engine that is/ car its from?

I havent seen a v8 with cis injection before, if thats what im seeing...
>>
>>15390775
My parents just got a 99 slk 230 kompressor, its a joy to drive. truely an excellent little car.
>>
>>15390622
How do you like the pilot, been considering a pilot / MDX for my wife. It will need to tow a 20 foot boat for 10 miles twice a year.
>>
>buying new

This is why poors poor.
>>
>>15390737
You're a retard, how did you not catch that?
>>
>>15390784
that's the 3.8L V8 from my SL 380, with mechanical fuel injection

>>15390801
Power hard top and the airscarf are both amazing. having a vent in the headrest for the heater to blow out on your neck is amazing in the spring/fall

>>15390806
It's been excellent. It's the perfect size/setup for me in terms of having an AWD 3rd row SUV, because I don't need or want anything as massive as a Tahoe or Suburban. I intend to take that thing to 300K
>>
>>15390775
That's great to hear. I'm looking at ones in the '12 range or thereabouts. I have 9k to put down and pretty good credit so hopefully I can make a deal sometime soon.
>>
LPG what's happening? I heard you were leaving car sales to do IT.
When is your next thread? I honestly check the archive every few days for one. It's been months :(
>>
>>15390404
>28.9% on a Mercedes SUV that a lady rolled 10K of negative equity into form a BMW X5. Her payment was 1250 a month for 72 months.
That was the black superintendent wasn't it
>>
>>15390826
I've cut back my hours at the lot because I did get an IT job (gotta put that masters to use), hence why fewer stories have been trickling in. I'll probably keep the car sales gig for as long as they will let me/I can find something else part time that makes as much or more money

>>15390831
Yes it was lol
>>
>>15389672
>>15390837
>>15390820
>>15390622
>>15390564
>>15390049
what brand dealership do you work at?
>>
>>15390950
Haha it's a large independent-(meaning we aren't a Herp Derp Ford/GM/FCA/Toyota/Honda/ect) used dealership, so we move a little of everything
>>
File: kappa.png (927KB, 1060x1440px) Image search: [Google]
kappa.png
927KB, 1060x1440px
>its an LPG thread
>>
>>15385027
>had a 800 something fico when I was 21
>penfed gave me a 1.5% loan on a cpo mercedes at that age
not sure who would even approve that, but goddamn it felt good to have jewed a dealer
>>
>>15384562
Highly censored liberal echochamber
>>
>>15388038
>>15388045
Mods don't force one opinion there

You won't be censored by le upboats
>>
>>15387810
Are you me?
>>
>>15389845
99.9% of the time, it's MUCH cheaper to do things aftermarket than do dealer packages.
Wheels come to mind, for the price of shithouse optional OEM 20" you can generally get genuine HRE or Volks
>>
>>15390564
Post the ML430 story so people understand why you drive a 32yo soccer mums car
>>
All you gotta do is pull the walkout. Just yell "hold it, one more word and I'm walking outta here" and you'll have the salesman shitting enough bricks to build Trump's wall.
>>
>>15389616
Calm down you autistic fuck.
>>
>>15391607
oh god, let me see if it's screen capped anywhere...
>>
File: not-bad.jpg (58KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
not-bad.jpg
58KB, 500x326px
>Car starting to die
>parts are becoming not worth it
>AC compressor dies, Fuck this shit. New car time
>Good credit, good income for a 22 y/o. This should be easy
>do my research, sporty but econobox for "muh practicality"
>Settle on car
>11k after all said and done
>5k down, finance 6k at %2.99
>$100 car payment

Sales guy very straight forward, no bullshit. Went and brought the car around for me.

Finance guy explained exactly what every paper meant. Told me what papers/options were bullshit.
>Free gap coverage
>free 10k mile dealership drivetrain warranty, on top of factory, bundled in

Went better than expected.
>>
File: IMG_20140216_214414448.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140216_214414448.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
>>15391607
>>15391661
can't find it, so fuck it, here is the core of the ML 430 story

>NC finally starts acting like it wants to have snow during the winter, so I decide to pick up a winter beater
>look around online, find a guy with a small, shady buy here, pay here style down in Charlotte who has a decent ML 430 listed for about 10 grand
>figure I will take my day off, go down and haggle around with him, maybe hit up a few other dealerships while I'm in town
>call the guy ahead of time (use ap to record convo on my phone) to verify condition and price
>ask specific questions about condition, warning lights, tires, all that jazz to cover the basics
>get down to lot and have the sells dude who comes out to talk to me bring the car around.
>get in car, very first thing I notice is that some dipshit has pulled out the instrument cluster and tried to black out 2 warning lights with a black marker (pic related)
>long story short, this coupled with a few other minor things the guy didn't mention on the phone lets me tear into him
>spend better part of 2-3 hours going full asshole on this dipshit, threatening everything I can think of
>instead of just telling me to fuck off, guy actually starts backpedaling, trying to cover his ass
>manage to successfully bluff fat fuck who owns shady dealership into thinking I am chimp level 10 pissed and ready to come after his ass
>after many hours and much yelling, get car out the door for 4 grand

Did a little refit work to it once I got it home, has run like a champ since
>>
>>15391835
kek, how have I not seen this already
You make the deals I've gotten on cars seem like I've been scammed
>>
>>15391835
Love this shit
>>
>>15384111
Implying you have a dad
Get an aids test faggot your dad was born a chick dude.
>>
i've only bought one car at a dealer but i think he was more of a broker

he showed me the auction receipts and had it smogged and saftied at my mechanic -- i still see the same year + the added miles selling for the same price i got it for

it's been a great car, had it for years
>>
>>15391887
>>15391892
Same faggot I tell ya
>>15391835
>>
File: newfagtryinghardtofitin.png (6KB, 360x115px) Image search: [Google]
newfagtryinghardtofitin.png
6KB, 360x115px
>>15391917
Yes exactly
>>
Nigger a 360 would just put you back where you were.
180****
>>
>>15385279
>What are tripfags?
Even most threads here that are anon are looking for validation. Look at the people who rave about some great car and feel that because they like that company they're better than you. How about the automatic manual threads? Look at all the fucking retards looking for validation because either they can push a pedal and move their hand or because a million dollar car is "automatic" this whole place is validation seeking cunts
>>
>>15391887
>>15391892
Here is the even funnier part

The lights that they had tried to blackout were for the ABS/ETC(traction control). When I plugged up my code scanner, it was giving a fault code for the ABS pump

Now for the Ml 403, the washer fluid bottle sits right above the ABD pump. The bottom of the plastic bottle had developed a small leak, and had been dripping washer fluid down on the top of the ABS pump. Some of it had leaked in and shorted a relay sitting on the top of the pump. Literally cost me 5 dollars and less than an hour of my time to fix, where as whatever fuck stick they got to try and hide the problem has spend hours pulling the instrument cluster out, and even then didn't even think to just pull the damn bulbs
>>
>>15391952
*ML 430, jesus
>>
>>15389833
>>15389852
sounds like she has her shit together
>>
>>15392043
women always have a plan b
>>
>>15388045
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: sweating booker.jpg (66KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweating booker.jpg
66KB, 300x300px
>buy used Subaru Outback from dealer
>clutch starts slipping badly on the way home
>>
>>15392066
punch
>>
>>15391933
>That's the joke
>>
dropped off my car for warranty shit

>mfw they didn't even begin work until 2 hours before closing
>>
File: 1462768768828.png (303KB, 702x417px) Image search: [Google]
1462768768828.png
303KB, 702x417px
>>15390737
Wow I hope there isn't a statue of limitations on that, that's pretty fucked

>>15391966
Hey LPG, having worked commission at an appliance/tech store I know we give out pretty good deals if the customer gets warranty since we get a lot more profit off the warranty than the actual product. I was wondering if dealerships run the same? Can I successfully take a couple extra grand off if I pay for some warranty and let them exchange the price of the vehicle for more profit?
>>
>>15389868
+1 you really showed them! xD xD
>>
>>15385868
But a new trans, new cat and fuel pump would really only run like 1800 bucks.
>>
>paid $70 for a coolant reservoir and cap

the horror
>>
>>15388276
Awwww yeah!
>>
>>15393714
It's always worth a shot, at the end of the day it depends on how the bonus structure/spiff for warranties works at that particular dealership.

What you are talking about doing actually has a name, it's called onboarding, and depending on the management culture at the particular dealership, it can really be frowned on (basically, managers want the sales staff to be good enough at hawking the warranty to not have to cut it out of the car)
>>
>go to lease wrx
>Subaru.com shows a great lease deal at $285 a month before tax
>call dealership, guy says yeah, the lease deal is legit, come on in
>I go in, guy pawns me off on some girl
>we talk numbers, have her run the numbers assuming my credit is "good"
>comes back saying that it'd be $485 a month after tax and fees
wat.jpg
>she can't explain where the extra $220 a month is coming from, says that's just what it is
>leave
>she calls and says her manager wants to work with me on price, offers $400 a month, they NEVER go that low
>tell her I'll think about it
>go to another dealership
>talk to guy about lease deal
>he says sure and we run through the numbers
>he offers $350 up front, I say hey what about the deal, hook me up man
>we work it down to $299 a month after taxes, which is p good because in Texas you have to pay tax on the full value of the car

God damn I hate salesmen
>>
>>15389746

It's ok, anon. At least he doesn't swallow like you do.
>>
File: 1466380830855.png (527KB, 547x547px) Image search: [Google]
1466380830855.png
527KB, 547x547px
>>15394107
Yeah our store obviously told us not to do this and most of us were pretty bad salesmen. Do you happen to know of any surefire ways to negotiate down a price? I recall you had a guide screencapped about something like this...
>>
>>15384074
Are you a member of a credit union? If not become one. They always have good interest rates on auto loans. Every car I have purchased I went in and got approved by my cu first before going to the dealership. Subaru offered me something like 2.99% when I told them I was already approved at 2.49% from my cu they flat out told me they could never beat that on a WRX. The rest of the transaction went smoothly.
>>
File: 468 - Copy.gif (948KB, 333x251px) Image search: [Google]
468 - Copy.gif
948KB, 333x251px
>>15392059
He meant he's a worthless nigger on 30s
>>
>>15389595
you in texas? sounds like that chucklefuck with the stupid dream cars spiel that is always on the air
>>
>>15384111
You are 12 and you complain about your dad buying a car,fuck you.
>at this point i wanted to walk out
If you walked out you would walk home,pussy.
I'm taking 80% off of every dollar amount you mentioned.You just got bored waiting for dad to buy a car,you disappointment.
>>
File: 1467219552656.jpg (123KB, 736x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1467219552656.jpg
123KB, 736x1417px
>2 Ford dealers in my area
>try to call Ford B through their phone site
>connects me to Ford A
>I already went there and they couldn't get me the deal I wanted
>he talks shit about Ford dealer B
>apoligize to the salesman and say thank you for your time
>get a call from Ford A 5 minutes later
>different salesman tries to get me to come back in and look at different cars
>I said no thank you, please don't call me again
>guy calls me a dick and hangs up
>call back and file a complaint
>he got written up or something I dunno
>go to Ford dealer B
>get a Fiesta ST with a lower payment than I wanted
>>
>go to Audi dealership that gave free inspections and great service on my used Audi in another town where the used Audi was originally purchased
>looking to buy a new A4, 2L turbo engine, manual transmission, and a not shitty color combination, but otherwise flexible
>look up how much the car actually costs
>park up at the dealership
>see a few manual A4's on the lot with SOLD signs
>eh, let's see
>walk into dealership
>tell them what I want
>bring A4 #1 around
>it's an automatic
>bring A4 #2 around
>automatic and shitty colors
>bring A4 #3 around
>salesman tries to whip it around like it's a fucking movie car
>3.2L and automatic
>etc...
>getting largely turned off on the higher price than I was expecting
>salesman runs to the other building to "get the manager"
>manager comes back with this shitty piece of paper made to look like a receipt for what they paid for the last car.
>this paper is so devoid of detail that my spidey sense is rising to serious levels
>they "paid" $6k above what my research said that they should have paid
>get the idea they have no manuals on the lot
>impress upon them that I'll take an automatic but they have to come down in price, and quote a price I'd pay for A4 that I liked the most, likely well under what they'd quote
>"would you be willing to lease"
>flat out "no"
>eventually leave with his card if I wanted to come back

Ended up going to the local dealership that priced the cars to sell to get sales volume rewards I guess. Due to their error on quoting me the monthly interest rate, I got killer finance deal. They couldn't have made that much money off of my actual sale.
>>
>>15396396
Nope, North Carolina
>>
I don't know man... Last year when my old '98 Saturn was going out, I started looking around.

>go to my bank the day before to apply for auto loan
>offered up to $50k at 2.7%

First place
>walk in, ask to try a manual Dodge Dart
>has one, nothing special, saleswoman says they are not super reliable
>leave

Second place
>walk in, ask ask to try a manual Corolla S
>has one, even lamer than the Dart
>leave

Third place
>walk in, ask to try a manual WRX
>none available
>leave

Fourth place
>walk in, ask to try a manual Focus ST
>oops, this is a Chevrolet dealership
>ask for manual Cruze
>none available, try automatic anyway, lame
>chubby saleswoman flirting with me
>leave anyway

Fifth place
>walk in, ask to try a manual Civic SI
>none available, try automatic base Civic, lame

Sixth place
>walk in, ask to try a manual Mini Cooper
>plenty available, lots of fun, pricey but considering...
>leave

Seventh place
>walk in, ask to try a manual Jetta
>one available, being cleaned, ready in 1 hour
>mean time, try manual GTI, lots of fun, affordable and considering...
>get offer from salesman (and manager)
>get credit check, same APR as my bank
>extra $4k taken off if I use VW credit
>go eat dinner, do research, price is good
>come back, buy it
>hear pitches about extra warranties and shit
>decline most but spring for tire coverage (cause Pirellis vs potholes...)
>still happy 14 months later

I haven't needed the tire coverage yet, but it's only been one winter so far.
>>
>>15388910
Nice
>>
>>15384074
>See online listing for a real fucking nice 2002 Firebird Formula
>It's literally 10 minutes away
>I get super hyped(I know, bad idea, but it was the first car I genuinely thought about buying)
>Call the dealership and ask about the car
>"Yeah, we still have it here sir"
>"No sir, it doesn't have any mechanical issues at all"
>Get to the dealership
>First thing they say: "They told you over the phone it had issues right?"
>It had front end issues and transmission issues lmao
>Ask if I can take a look at it
>It's raining so they said they'll bring it over to me
>I'm standing outside with my Father
>I make a comment about it taking so long to bring it over and say "It'd be tragic if it just didn't start"
>I shit you not 5 minutes later they pulled back over and said it wouldn't even start
>They tell me to go wait by the car and they'll be over there in a bit to jump start it
>It's fucking raining
>When I go back in looking for the lady who was supposed to be helping me she's nowhere to be found.
>Ask one of the guys working there about it, and ask if they'd be able to go down on the price a little since it's a piece of shit, the interior is falling apart, the paint is fading, the transmission needed to be replaced and whatever the fuck they meant by "Front end issues".
>"No sir, the price is firm"
And that's when I experienced my first car buying letdown, and I first learned how to do a 360 and walk out of a dealership
>>
>>15384074

>350z
>tire has nail in it
>find out days later
>Guise.. U guys sold me tire with nail in it
>We dont cover tires
>Nigger I bought the car from you 3 days ago!

Even if thats the case, the car came with a bad tire.
>>
>>15396812
do a 360 and walk straight into the wall your facing dumbass
>>
>Car dealer overhears me speaking to my father in his native language
>Car dealer chimes in
>cool were from the same place
>asks what were looking for
>Jokingly say the perfect car
>Flat out says you came to the wrong place
lmao at least he was honest
>>
>>15396904
no that's not how it works dumbass, 360 = walk away
>>
>>15396904
:^)
>>
File: newfag detector.jpg (9KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
newfag detector.jpg
9KB, 220x220px
>>15396904
>>
>>15384074
same thing happened woth chevy for me. only, it took them 2 weeks to tell me "oh yeah, we can't do this deal". i already put quite a bit of miles on the car. thanks fuckers
>>
>>15389595
>this isn't in its own thread and thus won't show up on desustorage
SCREENCAP FUCKING EVERYTHING
>>
>>15397080
I might just start a new thread, repost this, and add a couple stories
>>
File: 20160501_185827.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160501_185827.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>15397105
Please do. I haven't had good giggles in a while.

As payment please accept these sweet quads.
>>
>>15388409

>dumping massive amounts of money into a depreciating asset
>not financing at historically low rates

>being financially retarded
>>
>>15397232
>>not financing at historically low rates
You sound like an advertisement, man. Good advice though.
>>
>>15396608
Why not a BMW M2 or M235i? Easily the best manual if you're looking for up to 50k. 228i is like 30k also.
>>
>>15396608
nevermind disregard my post didn't see your happy ending in the end, I assumed you didn't get the VW because >VW
>>
>>15390564
Holy shit, i swear ive seen that miata around my town...

Do you live in oklahoma lpg?
>>
>>15389623
Hello newfriend
>>
>>15388099
>can't spend thousands at once to avoid spending even more thousands on interest and full coverage insurance

Hello are you poor

yes?

stay that way :^)
>>
>>15384111
>be me
>financing first car
>young guy buying a VR4 3KGT
>listed for 11k
>try to tell me 14k
>try to get a deposit before I test drive it
>won't let me poke around the engine bay without deposit
>shrug, leave
>go to dealership owned by same guy in different location
>get car for 10k, make other dealership bring car to this dealership
>no problems
>I have a nice car now

feels good man.
>>
>>15397399
He lives in north or South Carolina, I can't remember.
>>
>Not buying car simply in cash
>Salesmen are triggered and want that money when they see it
>You'll even get the lowest price with cash

Yet faggot here finance their fucking cars via leasing or some shit like fucking faggots.
>>
>>15400245

>implying it matters to a salesman whether or not you pay cash
>implying everyone can just pay cash for things
>implying you should take on depreciating assets
>implying you should drive cars you don't really like so that you can make buying a car worth it
>implying taking on the risk of resale value, risk of repairs outside of warranty, risk of some asshole crashing into you and killing the value of your car is worth taking on simply because MUH DICK I PAID CASH ME BIG MAN
>implying leasing a car isn't the simplest way of driving a great car with zero headache and zero risk
>>
File: 1417205945957.gif (294KB, 630x446px) Image search: [Google]
1417205945957.gif
294KB, 630x446px
>>15389672
>>15389595

LPG Long time no see!

I'm sorry this is a bit off topic, but I was curious if you have any advice to haggle down the price of a new car. Any tips?
>>
>>15394654
>Lease
>why?
>>
>>15400456
dealerships prefer financing because they get a kickback from their banks which goes into the GMs pocket
>>
>>15391593

so much this.
>>
>>15401004
>not reading my post
>why?
>>
>>15396895
that's why you check that stuff before you buy it, used cars are bought as is.
>>
File: file.jpg (62KB, 450x557px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
62KB, 450x557px
>>15398530
>>15388409
>Get financing at credit union say 1% or 2%
>Finance car
>Take the money you were gonna spend on the car and lock it into a CD account for the length of the term of your financing for say 8%
>Alternatively invest or put in a low risk portfolio to guarantee gains more than the 2% loan
>You have now made money on your car whilst building strong credit congratulations
>>
>>15402013
don't they look to see you're using the money for a car?
>>
>>15402013
That isnt how it works
>>
File: 1463608599853.gif (859KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463608599853.gif
859KB, 480x360px
>>15402246
This assumes you have the money to outright buy the car
You take the money you have in cash to invest
You take a separate loan ideally from a credit union for the actual car
Ideally your ROI should be greater than your APR
>>15402459
where was I wrong
>>
Ausfag here, I have never bought a car from a dealer. First car was my grandpa's and second car I bought off the mechanic my gfs mum works for.
Are the warranties they sell worth it? Or are you okay with just the manufacturer's warranty? Any other general tips?
>>
>>15393821

Dunno where you live but here in Germany a new trans alone is more than 1000 euros / 1200 usd.
>>
>>15398799
You actually get a VR4? My friend has one, a really nice drive. I thought about buying one, even though I tell my friend his is shit. Could you tell me more about how yours is?
>>
>>15385279

That doesn't mean that you can't find good shit there, or that if you have a search or image result take you to reddit that you must immediately close the tab, clear your history, and scrub yourself with a brillo in the shower while softly crying 'reeeeee'

I pilfer good stuff from Reddit constantly and there are some subreddits that are top tier for info and feedback and technical knowledge.

Reddit culture is shit but most people with brains who use reddit don't use it for reddit culture or give multiple fucks about 'le reddit culture'

I'm pretty sure this "omg you used other website" meme started because of autists on obsolete 386s who can only open one webpage at a time in Netscape Navigator
>>
>>15388910

>Collection day 2, and I get my freshly painted car and rack up a £500 bill at the petrol station with my free fuel ticket

What the fuck britbong did you manage to drive a mad max tanker to the petrol station innit mate?
>>
>>15403520

It tastes like salty milk and coins.
>>
>>15403570
wow, you even managed to fuck that one up, congratulations
>>
>>15389833

"stripping"

You just know she was letting people order off-menu.
>>
>>15390404

How can we profit from the car loan bubble bursting?
>>
>>15391835

Sell it to me when you're done whipping it. I had a 2001 ML500 and adored it for a whole year before it got wrecked into. Now I can afford to maintain an aging Benz properly.

[email protected]

Just email me whenever you're selling it if it's later this year or 2017, I'll pay cash as long as you aren't trying to fuck me too hard and I won't try to jew you.
>>
>>15403584
Be a company giving the bad loans and receive a bailout.
>>
>>15403603
Name Nicholas Schelinsky
Address 8014 Myrtle Drive
City Atlanta
State Georgia
Country US United States
Phone +1.4048613372
>>
File: what.png (519KB, 1162x635px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
519KB, 1162x635px
>>15404545
>[email protected]
LE EBIN HACKUR STRIKS AGN XDDDDD
>>
>Go do emissions
>Fail for a BS communications error
>Call my mechanic
>Soonest he could see me is two weeks from that day
>Decide to bring it to ford
>Drop it off
>Also want to get my parking brake finally fixed while I have the oppurtunity
>See porter hop in my car
>Revving the shit out of it
>Spins tires leaving garage
>Say something to the service advisor
>He just laughs
>Go home
>Get a call
>"So anon, your emissions checked out fine, so thats out of the way. For the parking brake however, to replace we're gonna charge 1100 as we're going to replace the entire thing. Also your tie rod ends and pinion seals are worn and need to be replaced too"
>I say "Nah man, I'll just come pick it up, I don't want your porters driving it to me either"
>Arrive at dealership
>Porter walks me to my car
>It's leaning against a pole with the broken e brake "on" and the car in neutral
>They didn't know you could lock a car up by putting it in gear
>Complain to them
>They try not doing shit
>I show them the pictures I took and tell them I'd be happy to bring in a lawyer
>They start freaking out
>Get a full paint restoration out of it, as well as all my repairs for free

So basically because I failed emissions I got a free paint job and replaced my tie rod ends and pinion seals
>>
>>15404597
That is not how i expected that to end. Good work
>>
>>15384868
I agree, the number 5 is higher than 2.9. Good math skills. 5% is actually very fair on any loan.
>>
>>15384074
Maybe you'd have better credit if you didn't do anything as stupid as financing a wrx?
>>
>>15404570
>>15404545

THE HACKER KNOWN AS 4CHAN
>>
>>15393821
Who needs a cat anyway
>>
>>15390564
got any interior pics of the King Ranch?
>>
>>15406916
you do realize making the payments raises credit, right?
>>
File: IMG_20140807_143910662.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140807_143910662.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>>15407597
>>
File: IMG_20140807_143939835_HDR.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140807_143939835_HDR.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>>15407741
>>
>Call various dealers for new car after my 10 year shitbox is dead
>MSRP: 60k
>Various dealer offers ranged from 55k - 58k.
>Received a call from Dealer A and they offer me an OTD price of 58k
>Counteroffer 56k OTD and I will drive there and buy it right on that day
>They said sure
>I drive there
>They say the OTD price is actually going to be 60k

Needless to say, I left.

Seriously, what the heck does the term "Out the door" mean to dealers? The price before everything?
>>
>bought a 2007 dodge caliber
>$6400, 96,000 miles, 2 owners
>dealer gives us carfax and all
>notice not actual miles is marked
>dont think much of it and keep driving it
>year passes and i decide to sell it to buy a chevy astro
>look up carfax
>300k miles, 7 owners, used to be a rental in hawaii
>dig through files and find original carfax the dealer gave us which turned out to be fake
>get lawyer and ask for full refund of car and all the money put into it
>give him a month to settle out of court but he ignores us
>Ive been in this lawsuit for a year now
>final hearing is in october

moral of the story, always check the vin for yourself
>>
I've heard that a good amount of odometers have been tampered with. Like 1/3.
>>
>car looks good in all the pictures
>2010, "96 000" km, highest spec for the model
>go see in person, very excited
>clearly has over 300 000km on it
>don't even bother test driving it
It's easter Europe, I expect dealers to tamper with the mileage, but for fucks sake at least try to make it believable
I later drove another car of the same model, except it actually had 180 000km on it, and it was clearly much more preserved on the inside.
>>
>>15407741
>>15407749

That worn leather looks comfy as fuck desu senpai.
>>
>>15408911
Just ask vinbro, he is a really good person.
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.