[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You could basically split /n/ into two boards: one for bikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11

File: 20500-01.jpg (61KB, 550x310px) Image search: [Google]
20500-01.jpg
61KB, 550x310px
You could basically split /n/ into two boards: one for bikes (/bk/) and one for trains (/tr/). 99% of all threads here seem to have one of those two topics.

Thoughts?
>>
>this kills the board
>>
>>1002242
This.

A bike board might last since that's what at least 75% of /n/ is now, but a train/plane/boat board would have almost no traffic. It's really better for all involved to share a single quiet board.
>>
>>1002241
FACT: /n/ is about the slowest board on the whole site.
FACT: Threads on /n/ take more than a week to scroll off Page 10.
FACT: There's more than enough room for everyone to talk about planes, trains, buses, ships, bikes, or whatever -- so long as nobody gets all pissy about 'things they don't like'.

/n/ is fine the way it is. Breaking it up would create two super-slow boards that would basically be failures. Breaking it up would also attract unwanted attention to the faggots from /b/ and other boards that are bored and looking to make trouble. As-is, /n/ is well-established and basically invisible, hiding in plain sight. Leave it alone.
>>
This board is fine as long as faggots like this are banned >>1002190
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px)
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
>>1002241
I actually counted the threads and divided them into 3 categories:

/bk/: bicycles and related topics, 80 threads
/tr/: trains and related topics, including trams and light rail, interurban: 22 threads
/n/ general: other general transportation topics including air, maritime, urban planning and trails, shitpost threads etc: 48 threads
Just so you have some concrete data (as of time of this post), not just your subjective feelings and biases
>>
>>1002243
Bike board would be still super slow off-season.
>>
my ideal world is like /n
people mostly using bikes and trains for transport
>>
>>1002241
Couldn't agree more. The presence of foamers actually acts as a scarecrow to keep good cycling posters away and prevents those board from growing.

>8 years
>1M posts
>>
>>1002257
Not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot, is it?
>>
>>1002242
/thread

This is completely theoretical anyway since hiroshima-nagasaki has already stated that he wouldn't make board splitting anymore.
>>
>>1002285
He is open to suggestions and will consider viable options.
>>
>>1000000
>>
I like talking about bikes, but I also lurk train and planes threads and other stuff.
>>
>>1002241
>/n/ is already slow
>let's balkanize further
HURR
>>
>>1002305
A cycling board could grow exponentially without the dead weight of trains. Consider how popular cycling is around the world.
There needs to be a division.
>>
>>1002316
>Consider how popular cycling is around the world.

Most of those people don't have internet access, or indoor plumbing for that matter.
>>
where does the urban planning general belong then?
>>
>>1002241
>one for bikes (/bk/) and one for trains (/tr/)
Just keep /n/ as the transportation board for train, planes, boats, etc, and create a new home for cyclists.

>>1002337
/n/
>>
>imblign bike and train can't share the lvoe
>>
>>1002276
>The presence of foamers actually acts as a scarecrow to keep good cycling posters away and prevents those board from growing.
They even do it deliberately. Here's proof:
>>1002344
>I wrote a response but realized you need to learn patience, so I deleted it
>I may come back in a few hours and repost what I said before, or maybe not
>>
>>1002384
*love

dammit
>>
In 2012 the foamers of 1chan got bored talking about the same things on their dead chan so they decided they wanted to be somewhere where there is more traffic. They migrated here but their few threads got drowned out by cycling threads so they made a concerted effort to shitpost in the cycling threads and insist that cycling general threads become a thing, which they weren't back then. They are very old men who actively discourage funposting and offer deliberately bad advice in cycling threads while displaying high levels of deliberate autism, especially when someone reveals themself to be new to the board, to ensure that new cyclists don't hang around.
Now they have a dead board just like their dead chan.
Foamers are cancer, and a cycling board could never prosper with their presence.
There needs to be a division.
>>
yeah, or, or, maybe thos cocksucking fudgepacking bikefag can just gtfo to >>/sp/

so what if this board is slow
it was good until the bikefags started shitting it up.
>>
>>1002389
Nice revisionism, but /n/ was always primarily a train and other non-personal transportation board, it wasn't until later that cyclists showed up. Can you go a single day on this board without lying? The only people making this a zero-sum game are cyclists like you. You calling anyone who posts anything about trains a "foamer" only illustrates this point.
>>
>>1002459
Lol, who gives a shit?
This isn't a film fan upset that his movie threads on tv get bumped with all the Roon Roon and CIA bullshit going on.
I literally think it's autism. As in, trainfags are upset that bikes and trains are being treated in the same category, while to them they are clearly not, and that alone inspires Gordon-level rage.

/n/ simply isn't fast enough to have bike threads push train/boat/plane threads off the last page. It's not hindering train posting at all.
>>
/n/ is going to get progressively more bike-oriented

For now things are fine, but things will get worse

Reasons:

* bikeforums is totally overrun with grouchy old men who respond to every.single.thread (fietsbob) with incoherent advice. So much bad info there

* fixie-dork is dead and those forums are too

* tarckbike is a dick-sucking echo chamber of hyper snobbery and social climbing nu males

* mtbr is still good

* reddit and that coding forum bike subforums are fucking lame as balls

So /n/ is the haven for youthful funposting re:cycling and it will only get worse here

This is likely a golden age before a major conflict with trainposters and a deluge of shit-posting 18 year old bike noobs
>>
File: 20160224_135112-1.jpg (2MB, 2965x1686px)
20160224_135112-1.jpg
2MB, 2965x1686px
>>1002263
Not so sure about that.
>>
>>1002241
Yes! Let's let every random anon's desire to split a board come true!

>/tv/ becomes /tv/ and /film/
>/n/ becomes /bk/, /tr/, and /n/
>/ck/ becomes /food/ and /cook/
>/g/ becomes /tech/, and /comp/
>/k/ becomes /mil/ and /k/
>/v/ becomes /pcg/ and /cng/ (or east/west boards)

Do we have enough boards yet? These are a small selection of board splitting suggestions I hear in the non stop meta threads posted on the boards I frequent.
>>
>>1002275
My country (France) used to have those bike-dedicated train cars. It was so great to go on a tour without having the bike destroyed by bag handlers unlike travel by plane.
>>
>>1002537
Might as well copy Reddit and have a subchan for every little topic
>>
File: powderfacegator.jpg (697KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
powderfacegator.jpg
697KB, 1920x1080px
>>1002535
Eh, yeah... what kind of filthy casual only rides bikes during certain seasons?
>>
>>1002241
>/n/ is only trains and bicycles
Well I know how to fix that. Boot the motorcyclefags out of /o/ and bring them over here where they belong.
>>
File: aucklandmotat.jpg (52KB, 350x223px)
aucklandmotat.jpg
52KB, 350x223px
>>1002537
>Do we have enough boards yet?
We need not be triggered by board-splitting.

Also, an alternative to the OP idea of splitting /n/ would be to split it into current and future transport (/n/, same board, change basically nothing), and vintage/historic transport (/nv/), not unlike the different boards for modern video games and retro video games. The /nv/ board would basically be the area where /n/ and /his/ meet. Lots of threads about people restoring old cars, heritage railways, discussions about transit-related tech discoveries, best transit-related museums, etc.
>>
>>1002672
You can keep those faggy squids.
>>
Just make a bike board and leave /n/ as it is, minus the bikes. There would be plenty of traffic here for non-bike transportation if everyone knew that was the actual purpose of this board.
>>
>>1002672
Shut up, fag enabler. We don't want Harleyfags shitting up our board.
>>
too many good posters have abandoned /n/ out of self-preservation because of shit like this >>1002344

i mean, who wants to read something like that and have it stuck in their head? mind blowing levels of self-importance
>>
>>1002535
of course we'd have plenty of bike traffic in the winter Hank. Thanks to your never ending spamming and shit pics
>>
>>1002530
You're trying too hard, bud.
>>
>>1002464
>makes shit up
>gets BTFO
>"Lol, who gives a shit"
bikefags everyone.
>>
>/n/ - Transportation
>implying bikes = transportation
bikes are fucking SPORTS EQUIPMENT, not transportation. Sure you can transport yourself on a bike, just like you could on a skateboard, does that make skateboards transportation? No it fucking doesn't.

FUCK OFF MUH /n/ YOU GOD FUCKING DAMN BIKES REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1002241
this board moves at 10 posts/day so who really cares.
>>
Bike fags need to get out, PERIOD
>>
>>1002241
Fuck off, you are literally the biggest faggot on 4chan.
>>
That would be an incorrect action.
/n/ should be split into /n/ and /bk/
/n/ was always about transportation otaku, not sweaty athletes too stubborn to fuck off to /sp/.
>>
>>1004653
>sweaty athletes
>/sp/
hue

Have you ever even looked at that board?
>>
>>1002241
I'm interested in all the topics.
>don't fix it if it ain't broke
>>
Bike threads keep an active enough home for trains and other transportation. If you removed bikes we'd have probably under a dozen threads left aka the board is kill. Mutually beneficial if both remain together here on n.
>>
>>1004880
It's not mutually beneficial. There is nothing wrong with a slow board.
>>
>>1004928
>It's not mutually beneficial.
Agreed. Foamer genocide, stat.
>>
>>1004942
>>>/sp/
>>>/asp/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/b/
>>>/r/eddit
>>>/soc/
Go away, normalfag. Imageboards are not for your kind.
>>
>>1004928
>There is nothing wrong with a slow board.
There is if you want a round table discussion to get ideas and advice from as many different viewpoints as possible.
If you don't want to reach out to, and learn from, other people's experiences and only want to talk to yourself then why are you using the internet?

Plus advertising revenue is a thing.
>>
>>1003426
>implying pro cyclists aren't squidding all day erry day
Lycra won't protect you from a fall going downhill at 70km/h anon.
>>
File: DSC_0285.jpg (1MB, 2048x857px)
DSC_0285.jpg
1MB, 2048x857px
what's interesting is with as slow a board as we have, there are still constant repeat threads.

There are 3 "waifu/pretty girls" threads right now, 2 helmet bait shitposting threads, there is a constant stream of "why doesn't the world understand us poor cyclists / I hate cars!!!" threads etc. but there's not enough posters to keep the 1 BMX thread alive lol.
>>
>>1005080
id help in the bmx thread if I raced. Knew a lot of racers at my old school. I race pretty much all bikes but bmx and track tho.
>>
>>1005081
**i knew a lot of bmx racers
>>
>>1005081
>race bait
>>
>>1005080
BMX is a sport and not a form of transportation, though.
>>
>>1005107
Maybe BMX racing is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCt9J6DPbbo

I'd hardly call this a sport.
>>
>>1002537
Split /his/ into /hispol/, /hislit/, /hum/, /his/ and /his/ that only shows up if you dont have /b/ or /pol/ in your cookies
>>
>>1004942
Image being this desperate to look like an unfunny tard
>>
>>1002241
What about bicycle-trains???

Or Trains that carry bikes
>>
>>1005443
/an/ into /dog/, /cat/ and /an/
/int/ into /lang/ and /int/
/sci/ into /math/ and /sci/
/asp/ into /wrs/ and /asp/

We should have 250 boards!
>>
>>1006047
/n/ into /n/ and /bk/
/n/ into /foam/, /pln/, /ship/, /blimp/, /blimpfoam/
/bk/ into /roadbk/, /cx/, /mtb/, /cruiser/, /lycra/, /vintagebk/, /fix/, /ss/, /bmx/
Yes we can do it
>>
>>1005080
word.
>>
Use what we got. Make a fucking sticky for pointers about posting and gen info. all infrastructure, trains, planes, dirigibles etc in /n/. bike hardware and maint and commuting tips in /n/, sweaty biking in /fit/, tour de whatever and thrillcams in /sp/.
>>
>>1002537
You know there is a website that allows an infinite number of boards with as much or as little specification as you want.

Its called reddit.
>>
>>1002241
I like having the choo-choos around!
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
boat thread best thread
>>
>>1005110
>I'd hardly call this a sport.

why not? their goal is not to get from a to b but to do some wacky tricks
>>
>>1006047
>/int/ into /lang/ and /int/

>Remove the board's useful stuff from the /pol/-lite shit.

That ... actually sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>1006189
We had a textboard called /lang/ before moot removed them all. I miss the text-only boards, they were fun.
Remove bikers from /n/.
>>
File: meme hands sf.jpg (66KB, 450x600px)
meme hands sf.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>1006325
fuck, you're the only person i've seen reference the text-boards since they went down

i used to go on them often until they went down.

when they went down, no one talked about it or anything, i thought i was going insane.

ty, anon
>>
>>1002263
>Bike board would be still super slow off-season.
Negatory, when I can't ride, I come here to talk about riding.
>>
>>1006171
The eternal boat thread died, right?
>>
>>1006472
>i used to go on them often until they went down.
>when they went down, no one talked about it or anything, i thought i was going insane.
I'd drop by the /ck/ text board now and then, it had a semi-sticky thread that archived shit loads of home-brewing information. Some really obscure stuff too.
>>
>>1006472
I see them referenced sometimes on /jp/, and sometimes on the boards which linked to textboards. I miss /sjis/, /lang/, and /prog/. Mostly /sjis/, really.
>>
>>1006472
this image always gets me rockhard
>>
>>1006487
Nop
>>977847
>>
>>1006512
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>1002530
>that coding forum bike subforums

you mean stackoverflow or what?
>>
I always look at /n/ like the he-man automobile haters club

trains and bikes should be allied against the gas-guzzling jew
>>
File: 1431103164636.jpg (1014KB, 2046x2046px)
1431103164636.jpg
1014KB, 2046x2046px
>>1010058
Stop triggering me shitlord
>>
>>1010070
>2015
lol

also i'm a tranny
so if anyone should be triggered it should be me
>>
>>1002242
>>1002243
>>1002248

These.
>>
>>1002248

FACT: I often come here for a couple days and view a few threads and shitpost a little. Then I don't visit for a month and come back to find threads so similar to the ones I left that
I swear they are pretty much identical word for word.
>>
>>1006552

I love the maritime thread, but it has nothing on >>794386
>>
>>1002241
I see no reason why.
Sometimes people find new interests by browsing and popping into another thread out of curiosity.
The content would dwindle to a trickle, especially for non-bike bros. (Trains/boats/ect), killing them off, which seems unfair. We all seem to agree highways, cars, urban sprawl and bad infrastructure/city planning are a problem, why divide like minded people?
Public transportation and bikes FTW.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.