[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srwg/ Super Robot Wars General #775

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 404
Thread images: 86

File: alpha36.jpg (282KB, 491x1438px) Image search: [Google]
alpha36.jpg
282KB, 491x1438px
Previous Thread:
>>13536239

If you need help with any game try checking Akurasu for help:
http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars

Current status of the games availability in the English language as of the end of August 2014:
http://pastebin.com/Y1ND2asB

Detailed Version of Game Availability in English as of Late August 2015:
http://pastebin.com/crZFqXVk

Music Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/dnBSQc3L

Bring Stabity's Quick Guide to Katakana:
http://pastebin.com/x6FmxFGk

Game Modification Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/BpnabbiH

Translated Plot Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/mXTM5K5z

Art Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/FpW9zx0P

Make your own SRW character Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/DBj6Nknk

If you wish to help with the SRW fan game they are always in need of more musicians and artists
Please contact the following e-mail: [email protected]
You may also reach them in IRC at #SRWEternity on Rizon.

You can also visit their website at: http://srw.eternitychan.org/
>>
>>13540768
Japan is GMT+9, so the login bonus is right at midnight and the daily missions are at 4am. So it depends on where you are in relation to that. I'm GMT-5, so it's 10am for daily bonus and 2pm for missions.
>>
>>13540778
But she does know Focus you mong,
>>
Why do we even try anymore
>>
>>13540812
What's wrong Anonymous?
>>
>>13540793
While he might not have gotten a couple of spirits right, he is right in that her spirit list is kind of iffy.
>>
>>13540837
I wasn't disagreeing with him on that.
>>
>>13540823
I would like to know as well
>>
>>13540812
We should let these threads die lest they delve deeper into the damned abyss that is being off topic.
>>
>>13540861
Yes I agree.
We should move to /vg/.
>>
>>13540778
NOBODY learns Soul in the games, it's a pure enemy exclusive spirit.
>>
>>13540916
>We should move to /vg/.
>>
>>13540793
>>13540837
>>13540854
>>13540947

Take your 2hu shit back to /jp/
>>
>>13540976
no
>>
>>13540976
It's less off topic than half the other shit that happens in this general.
>>
>>13540976
As much as I hate to admit it, its related by virtue of basically being SRW but with 2hus instead.

Of course, we wouldn't be in this situation if people actually talked more about the games.
>>
Which SRW translations will we get this Christmas?
>>
>>13541004
A few more stages of GC probably.
>>
>>13540993
>As much as I hate to admit it, its related by virtue of basically being SRW but without mecha.
>>
>>13541017
wait for the 4th game
>>
>>13541017
I'd rather talk about a game using SRW's gameplay than another shitty pun circle jerk.
>>
>>13540993
What's there to talk about right now besides mobile garbage? I keep the thread open still but I rarely have much to say.
>>
>>13541042
We're just running on Mobage, Fanfics, 2hu, old games and translation hopefuls.
>>
>>13541048
We really need some new game news or we'll stagnate into something horrible.
>>
File: 47109991_p0.jpg (425KB, 1200x783px) Image search: [Google]
47109991_p0.jpg
425KB, 1200x783px
>>13541048
Pretty much. If we're lucky we'll get some news soon, but that's kind of a faint hope. There's only so much OG3 speculation you can do, you know?
>>
File: alteisen riese.png (456KB, 782x790px) Image search: [Google]
alteisen riese.png
456KB, 782x790px
>>13540356
>>13540365
Da Garn had one where Da Garn X, Land Bison, and Sky/Pegasus Saber turned into a tricolored comet thing of death rather than a ball.

>>13540916
Only benefit to moving to /vg/ is being able to field a virtual football team. Which is a pretty enticing benefit, but it's not worth killing the general for.
>>
>>13541092
Maybe annoying that one guy who was doing Alpha about some non-SRW game would get him to work on Alpha again.
>>
>>13541094
Some new SRW doujins would come in handy but THAT guy really did disappear...
>>
>>13541122
The /m/ team already has the Alt in a pretty much permanent spot. Although how the hell did we end up with the Alt instead of Banpreios or something? I wasn't paying attention when the team was made apparently.
>>
File: This can't go wrong.png (424KB, 656x518px) Image search: [Google]
This can't go wrong.png
424KB, 656x518px
>>13541176
Ooh, is Ideon part of the team, or was he kicked out for killing his show's director too many times?
>>
>>13541176
>Alt instead of Banpreios or something
Alt is the main character.
>>
>>13541183
Ideon is part of the team.

>or was he kicked out for killing his show's director too many times?

Nah if people get kicked off the team its cause we've lost cause whenever we lose everyone start talking about replacing players like that'll make us win.
>>
>>13541189
>Look mom I posted it again!
Kyosuke hasn't been relevant outside of getting a combo attack with a literal who since halfway through OGG.
>>
>>13541208
Exactly, the team was formed around the time where that kind of shitposting was rampant, so Alt made it to the team "ironically"
>>
File: og_cha_20120808.jpg (362KB, 1120x600px) Image search: [Google]
og_cha_20120808.jpg
362KB, 1120x600px
>>13541173
If we still haven't had any news by the time I get a job and figure out some way to scan things without destroying the originals I'll see what I can do.
>>
Well if we're talking about doujins what are the best artists for SRW doujins?

>inb4 the Russel hypnosis guy
>>
>>13541276
I wish he made more SRW doujins.
>>
>>13541276
Love Revo
>>
>>13541391
Seconding
Leaz Kobou or however you spell it was pretty good too
>>
How is project Eternity going? Haven't heard much from it. How can you set a squad system in it anyways.
>>
>>13540993
I have nothing to say aside from the fact that I am still annoyed that G Gunner and Core Gunner don't have shoot down and TDM doesn't get a barrier at some point. Having all the teams can wait until they at least do that right.
>>13541294
I feel the same way.
>>
>>13541530
I'm more annoyed that OG doesn't have Shoot Down and Counter Cut. And that Shields only do anything if you Defend. It'd go a long way in helping a lot of units survive, especially on EX Hard.
>>
>>13541530
You know, it wasn't until recently that I noticed that. TDM does use the flames as a pseudo barrier a few times.
>>
File: 06.jpg (97KB, 550x771px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
97KB, 550x771px
>>13541276
You all know who my favorite is by now. (god, I hope OG3 gets them back into SRW)
>>
>>13541568
I can understand them not giving it to you the moment you get access to TDM, since you always get it early on in the games its been in, but at least give it to it part way through the game or something you have something to look forward to that isn't Go or Triple Drive. That and I've always been of the mind that the Godannar units start losing steam as everyone else starts getting major upgrades while they get little by comparison.
>>
>>13541530
If they make another 3DS entry, I'd like Godannar to reappear. The style of UX and BX makes me think Godannar would look really good with that animation, plus maybe we'd finally get the other teams as well.

Also, Dendoh should fit in there, too. And Shin vs. Neo.

But at this point I'm just pointing out stuff I'd like to see animated even better than how I felt BX looked, which was great.
>>
>>13541655
>Shin vs. Neo
This. We need two Gos, even if their names are actually different. Must be some shenanigans you can make up with them having similar names.
>>
>>13541669
J makes a joke or two about Zeorymer and Dancouga's Masatos
>>
>>13541686
Good. Can never have enough of that.
>>
ZZ Gundam
HP 6200
EN 200
Armor 1500
Mobility 110
Accuracy 145

M Size
6 Mv
AABA

Unit Abilities
Sword Equipped
Gun Equipped
Shield Equipped
Beam Coat
Biosensor (140 Will, Increases Mobility/Accuracy/Weapon Power by pilot's NT level)

PU Bonuses
Armor +100/150/200/300
EN +50/75/100/150
R Dmg +100/150/200
Space A/S

Weapons (+1250 Tier)
å°„æ’ƒ Double Vulcan PS 2000 1-2 30 -20 20A AACA
å°„æ’ƒ Missile Launcher - 2600 2-6 20 10 10A AACA
å°„æ’ƒ Double Beam Rifle PB 3200 1-4 20 20 8A AADA
å°„æ’ƒ Hi Mega Cannon BM 3500 1-5 0 -10 60EN 120 AADA Si
格闘 Hyper Beam Saber PC 3800 1-2 30 30 15EN AABA
å°„æ’ƒ Hi Mega Cannon B 4500 1-5 10 0 40EN 110 AADA Si
å°„æ’ƒ Hi Mega Cannon Full Power - 5200 3-8 10 0 50EN 130 AABA Ba/Si NT LV5

I just want ZZ back
>>
>>13541669
Ideally I'd make a whole wish list based around the ones I've already mentioned, but I'm crap at thinking up lists thanks to SRW being my only experience with most mecha.

Godannar
Shin vs. Neo
Dendoh
Shin Mazinger Z
Tekkaman Blade
Gravion
G Gundam
Govarian (if only for the theme, I'm still under its control)

I dunno, I'm just throwing stuff at the wall.
>>
>>13541810
>thanks to SRW being my only experience with most mecha
That's a pretty big problem there, gotta say. Never a good idea to be playing more SRW instead of experiencing more /m/ stuff that isn't crossover related. That cast list is pretty cool though, I will admit.
>>
File: mistget.jpg (1MB, 1376x900px) Image search: [Google]
mistget.jpg
1MB, 1376x900px
>>13541092
>>13541048
>>13540993
The only other notable activity going was Chen translating BX and did a good chunk before his job apparently fucked him over in some legal shit and he's vanished since. BX which was far too fucking easy and paint by numbers killing replay value and safe cast leading to less interest.

Only (relatively) active SRW translation going on is GC.

Beyond that all you have is a generic smartphone casual shovelware made by Sega with a SRW skin that took some disturbing liberties on designs. That most people have gone off or got nothing interesting in.

The occasional socially retarded kid who can't stand more varied discussions outside their comfort zone so devolve to shitposting and spouting memes despite being more off topic than anyone else.

Shitposting with of random recycled OG girl fanart with a thousand dicks in each office just because some anon can't let go of their dick for more than a second and has a obsession with only one or two and insists on shoving it in everyones face instead of sexy super robot fanart.

Fanfics with no attempt to turn it into a meaningful actual project or fangame attempt in any form. But probably more interesting than anything as it gets us talking about various obscure mecha series plots which is /m/ at its core.

It leaves us with the only good things to discuss is a Touhou based SRW tribute game which implements alot of mechanics well and is actually receiving a translation and has good replay value and has another new game coming up.

And the occasional semi-LP of older vintage SRW's where the player digs up interesting things most of the fandom has utterly forgotten even existed at one point.
>>
>>13541829
Yeah, I really need to put more actual mecha shows under my belt. So far all I have is most of Godannar, all of Gun x Sword, Kotetsushin Jeeg, and SKL.

>That cast list is pretty cool though, I will admit.

Heh, thanks. Like I said, I was mostly just throwing stuff together that I'd like to see again or animated 3DS-style for one reason or another. There needs to be more Gundam thrown in to make it more fitting. I'd probably throw Godmars in the fray as well.
>>
>>13541854
There's A Portable too, it's got a demo out and everything.
>>
>>13541854
>Only (relatively) active SRW translation going on is GC.
Didn't the guys doing AP put out a version with the first four stages done? I guess they don't actively put out updates often, but neither do the GC guys really. Every time I pass the thread on the front page it's just some guy that's been dumping Dancouga pics every few hours to keep the thread from dying.

Meanwhile the editors they got for Alpha are probably all busy jerking off instead of doing anything.
>>
>>13541854
>The only other notable activity going was Chen translating BX and did a good chunk

The problem with that was that there wasn't anything interesting in those summaries.
>>
>>13541655
>The style of UX and BX
What does that even mean? UX/BX had utterly different art styles, I'm not even sure if they should stick with BX's art style.

Whilst the semi-cutin style sprites were gorgeous to look at the not quite SD semi articulated proportions also made them very awkward to animate and it showed in quite a few. You could tell they had to cut corners because they were spending too much time with the more detailed sprites and didn't have time to articulate them properly along with the engine physically unable to make it work properly.

If they just went back to true DS era true SD proportions whilst keeping the art style of BX and UX style direction we're onto something.

Actually on a whole the whole shift to non-SD style sprites is arguably one of the biggest downfalls at the moment from all the teams as it leads to a less complete job overall.
>>
>>13541923
>If they just went back to true DS era true SD proportions whilst keeping the art style of BX and UX style direction we're onto something.

I wouldn't actually mind if they just used K and L's visual style and just tossed VA onto it.
>>
>>13541854
>not wanting to see Ryune with a thousand dicks shoved into her
Gaaaaaay.
>>
>>13541923
They're still trying to get the more realistic proportions down. 2D games are moving to bigger sprites because now they can actually afford to have them.
>>
>>13541869
What are your experiences with /m/ reading material?
>>
>>13541923
>If they just went back to true DS era true SD proportions whilst keeping the art style of BX and UX style direction we're onto something.
The weird part is most of BX's closeup sprites look like that. It's super obvious on GGG but you can see happen with Falsaber during Aerial Spark too.
>>
>>13541914
Well it was like what....12 chapters of a 49+ chapter game disregarding route splits? I feel nothing fucking happens in every SRW for the quarter all the time.

>>13541897
>Didn't the guys doing AP put out a version with the first four stages done?
Forgot about that, but yeah, not exactly much you can talk about four stages...and the fact it's a remake of a game with a bunch of recycling and awkward design choices that has been around for a decade and a half with a translation of sorts. It doesn't exactly suddenly build hype, maybe if they just worked on it in secret and suddenly dropped it out half done then yeah.

Fact is with game translations that is the most common scenario that they lose steam and just die, they're a transient thing.
>>
>>13541965
I read the first volume of Getter Robo not long ago, that's it as far as I can remember.

>>13541934
This actually wouldn't be too bad, come to think of it. People would get their Twin Valkyrie Maneuver back to freshen up their twenty doses of Frontier, at least.
>>
>>13541999
I wish someone would put that effort into W. I remember seeing someone a while ago figured out a way to hack new text into the game at the very least.
>>
File: kornheiser questionable.jpg (13KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser questionable.jpg
13KB, 177x278px
>>13541942
>2D games are moving to bigger sprites because now they can actually afford to have them.
Why does having bigger sprites mean they need to alter the proportions to something that tends to make the animations look more awkward?
>>
>>13542019
You have to get accustomed to bigger proportions silly
>>
>>13541727
Wish Granted
OE joke
>>
File: gaogaigar_combined.png (292KB, 800x240px) Image search: [Google]
gaogaigar_combined.png
292KB, 800x240px
>>13542025
Man, look at this compared to GGG's idle sprite in BX. Or look at the FMP units in Z3 vs how they look in W. They had pretty much nailed it in the DS and PS2/PSP games, I don't get why they've suddenly decided to change how everything but OG looks.
>>
>>13542028
Shut up, I already counted OE anyway.
>>
>>13542019
Even then, there's a fundamental barrier that has to be addressed about the sprites: the overall quality of the animations are directly proportional to the skill (or time, but let's ignore that for now) of the animators.
Shit, as bad as Z3 could get with its animations, it was never as fucking awkward, clunky, and downright bad as BX's were.

Sure, budget and time plays a role, but animator skill is high up there, too - likely higher than any of the former two factors.
>>
>>13542025
It's not "bigger" proportions, whatever that means, they're just getting further away from SD. I agree that it doesn't look so great. At least a lot of the new units in BX had nice animations with the way they handled closeups, transitioning to a higher res sprite instead of just zooming in.

>>13542056
>it was never as fucking awkward, clunky, and downright bad as BX's were.
Woah woah woah, slow down there. BX might not have had anything as good as Z3's Waverider Crash but it certainly didn't have any garbage on the level of poor Chamber or the FMP cast either.
>>
>>13541942
>Just because they can afford them
It feels kind of like a mistake because it's giving them a lot more complicated work with a far smaller budget and less time. We know for a fact that the UX team got gimped in staff from the credits alone, they're utterly barebones. BX's staff credits are easily twice or three times as large hence the increase in quality but they still obviously skimped on a lot. If anything the gameplay and AI got even worse.

They can keep the lovely details and improved colour pallettes but using SD proportions for sprites and only realistic proportions for close up cutins was a thing in the past for a good reason.

It's a lot easier and faster to animate without looking awkward and that lets you push the envelope more.
>>
>>13542007
In addition to Getter, I would suggest you check out other stuff by Ishikawa and Nagai, as well as Ishinomori and Yokoyama, since all of them, especially the latter two, make some damned good stuff, /m/ or otherwise. Might not help you much with SRW ideas, but I promise most of them will entertain you at a bare minimum.
>>
>>13542074
The thing is, its not impossible to get things to look good with realistic proportions. The SRW team just doesn't have enough practice. With enough time, we'll get the same quality like the old days.

You need to remember how many games it took them before we even got decent looking animations with the old system.
>>
>>13542008
This is news to me, I seem to remember looking at W's text being encrypted in a really annoying way to deal with. W and L are literally the most interesting candidates for a patch since they're the most accessible decent games.
>>
>>13542066
I still don't get why people say BX's are so bad, I think they're all fine, but then, I'm easy to please. I regularly mention how I don't mind stuff like OE and Z3 and whatnot.

Anyway, on the subject of animations, to pass the time, let's mention our favorite attack animations across the series.

W's Tekkamen animations are love. I especially still remember the one Blade has that ends with him blasting a Voltekka from his lance as a Dynamic Kill.
>>
>>13542066
>it certainly didn't have any garbage on the level of poor Chamber or the FMP cast either

MEANWHILE WITH THE NONVEGAN AGE GRUNTS
MEANWHILE WITH EVERY GGG UNIT THAT ISN'T GGG'S HEAVEN AND HELL
MEANWHILE WITH EVERY RAIJIN-OH UNIT
MEANWHILE WITH THE OGS
MEANWHILE WITH EVERY DUNBINE UNIT
MEANWHILE WITH EVERY SHIN MAZINGER UNIT
MEANWHILE WITH EVERY UNICORN UNIT
MEANWHILE WITH MOST OF THE NADESICO CAST

That shit is on the same level of animation as How It Should Have Ended.
Get that shit out of my face.
>>
>>13542086
@G had some good stuff but of course 90% of it's units were reused from Alpha with no changes. But the new stuff like Brygar or everything Xabungle related, and units that got a full makeover like Mazinkaiser, look fantastic.

Impact reused a lot of sprites from Alpha but again, the new stuff was animated pretty well in general

Alpha 2 is when they finally stopped reusing Alpha sprites in the PS2 games and overall it has good animations.

It didn't necessarily take them long to get the ANIMATIONS down, the problem was not making new sprites that they could actually animate.

>>13542107
If you think any of those are as bad as the M9s, Arbalest, or Falke you're fucking blind. And that's without even getting into the travesty that was Z3's choreography as a whole, at least BX did a good job with that.
>>
>>13542086
It's not impossible per se, BX had gorgeous stuff like the SD Gundams, Galient, the redone Valks, AGE Gundams especially just outright used a new animation technique we've never seen in any SRW, I think Knight Gundam also temporarily used it in some cutins too.

But it's just simple math, you stick in a knee joint, now you're no longer having to position just a leg every frame. You're now positioning a shin and a thigh every frame, your work has already doubled over a pointless detail.

Just look at those goddamn Geara Zulu's with the broken legs and arms in BX everytime they goddamn fly. They're still being animated with the old proportions in mind.
>>
>>13542128
>SD Gundams, Galient, the redone Valks, AGE Gundams
Those units were nowhere close to being as non-SD as the GGG and Nadesico casts though. Especially, well, the SD Gundams. I don't think the Valks were anything special but the Gundams and Galient looked great.

They were definitely phoning it in on Unicorn though.
>>
>>13542107
>MEANWHILE WITH EVERY RAIJIN-OH UNIT
>MEANWHILE WITH EVERY DUNBINE UNIT
>MEANWHILE WITH MOST OF THE NADESICO CAST
Oh now you're just generalizing because all of those series had their good animations.
Bilbine and Wryneck looked fantastic, Sirbine was pretty neat, Aesties looked great, even the goddamn Near Arghama had a rather nice to look at Mega Particle Cannon, Bakryuoh and God Raijinoh were fine.
>>
>>13542118
That's my point, the staff needs time to refine their talents. They didn't suddenly start putting out MX quality stuff over night, they had many games to practice on before they got there.

Its the same thing here, they started a new style in UX for whatever reason, and you can see that they didn't really master it as yet although there were hints of good units here and there. Come BX and now you can see units building off the foundation that was set in UX.
>>
>>13542158
My argument here is that I don't get why they're changing the style when the old one looked fine and they were already great at animating with it.
>>
>>13541829
I imagine if you get most of your ideas of series from SRW, there are some series that have rather skewed portrayals... like most of the older ones that became "Main Unit Only, Post-Plot"

>>13541999
IF WE GET THE TRANSIENT FACTS
>>
>>13542118
Faggot, some of the AGE grunts are only made with about three symbols.
THREE FUCKING SYMBOLS.
That shit is objectively trash and you're a fucking dumbass if you can't even see that.

>at least BX did a good job with that.

Z3 had much more dynamic choreography. Problem was that only a minority of the animators were able to actually realize what the units were supposed to unit. Seriously, looking at the animations mechanically, Z3's are much more technically sound. BX is fundamentally more stingy with the amount of symbols allotted per unit and constantly refuses to do much to much at all with the positions of the machines, opting to have them spend most of their time at a static position and only changing position in between the camera's motions. And that's only the minority of BX's animation problems.
>>
>>13542128
>AGE Gundams especially just outright used a new animation technique we've never seen in any SRW,

Talking about the FX, right? Those were some really good animations, I really enjoy that sequence it has when it's firing all those little boosters on its body for its final attack.

>I think Knight Gundam also temporarily used it in some cutins too.

I want some more cut-ins like that stylized one at the end of Superior Dragon. It's friggin' glorious.

>>13542153
>Bilbine and Wryneck looked fantastic, Sirbine was pretty neat,

I'm really surprised Sirbine didn't get a combo with Zwauth since they're linked secrets and all. It really could have been an amazing, "budget-breaking" combo to see. Given it's lateness, it probably would have been terribly broken in terms of damage rating thanks to BX's gameplay.

>>13542158
This is why I'm anxious to see a third 3DS entry, though what's the likelihood of us even hearing about something like that until around this time of the year 2016?
>>
>>13542165
Because they probably felt like they could do something more. In this day and age, you can't afford to be stagnating.
>>
>>13542167
>Faggot, some of the AGE grunts are only made with about three symbols.
And where did I say ALL of BX's animations were good? Stop putting words in my mouth. Nothing BX had was as bad as the worst in Z3.

>Z3 had much more dynamic choreography.
And stop making me laugh too.
>>
>>13542166
>I imagine if you get most of your ideas of series from SRW, there are some series that have rather skewed portrayals
That is most definitely an issue, yes. Along with the major one of playing a crossover game without knowing about the series that are mixed together in it.
>>
>>13542118
You don't know how the animation works in that case.
They don't move it on a frame by frame basis. They choose the distortion of the specified piece over the course of a set amount of frames.
Quite a few frames of a torso distorting because it is turning can be done anywhere from a handful of seconds to a minute tops.
>>
>>1354219
>If you think any of those are as bad as the M9s

Dumbass, you made the claim. I proved you wrong. Stop trying to move your fucking goalposts.

>And stop making me laugh too.

10/10 argument.
>>
>>13542209
>You don't know how the animation works in that case.
What? All I was saying was that while they could animate fine, they didn't go through the effort to stop reusing sprites and actually animate everything until Alpha 2, as far as the PS1/PS2 console games went.

>>13542217
>I proved you wrong.
Yeah you sure showed me with your capslock.

Nice backlink by the way.
>>
>>13542205
I started the series with @3, around the time just before OGs released. I was just enticed by the giant robots and the cool animations. Lucky little break on my part, I don't regret getting into this series, even if I'm still left pretty much clueless and just enjoying the animations half of the time. Though at least now I understand a bit more moon thanks to all the repetition and such.
>>
>>13542144
>I don't think the Valks were anything special
Most people didn't notice or care to check Alto and Leon's Valks had different animations in Valk and Battroid mode and that they got some decent attacks.

>>13542158
https://youtu.be/oCFRrQGf-2k?t=2m6s

The redone finishers for Raphael Gundam and Tieria is probably the best example of a middle ground for the average unit. It uses the same technique of multiple sets of sprite sets but with much smaller traditional SD proportions. It's easier to animate and still looks pretty acceptable.
>>
File: milk.webm (1MB, 427x318px) Image search: [Google]
milk.webm
1MB, 427x318px
wich secrets to get on AP
>>
>>13542241
Oh I saw they had different animations, it just all felt the same as the Z games to me. I'm probably just fucking sick of Frontier.

And most units besides the gruntiest of grunts do the multiple sets of sprites things.
https://youtu.be/VtYAYQz4qb0?t=1m41s
>>
>>13542223
You made the claim that none of the units I posted were as bad as the M9s.
I specify a group of units that are indeed worse.
You throw a hissy fit and claim I'm putting words into your mouth.

How have you even managed to operate a computer in the first place is quite frankly beyond me.
>>
>>13542249
Master Asia
>>
>>13542240
I see. Usually people who get into SRW for that reason end up seeking out the series that interest them most, though.
>>
>>13542258
I'm the one who's throwing a hissy fit, sure.
Next time calm down on the capslock and I might actually read your shitposts.
>>
>>13542268
I'm sorry if getting caught with your pants down filled you with such a anger, anon.
I'm sure it must be quite embarrassing.
>>
>>13542284
If you type like a shitposter expect to get treated like a shitposter. I would've taken you seriously if you hadn't immediately started with a capslock tirade followed by insults and
>u mad
>>
>>13542291
But you responded to a legitimate counterargument with "stop putting words in my mouth," as opposed to owning up to it.

You need to stop and think about what you say before you actually post, anon.
I'm only trying to look out for you.
>>
>>13542261
I probably never would have watched the ones I have watched if not for the series, so it's a start. Hell, watching SKL was only a month or so ago, after playing UX and BX.

I'm just a lazy shit when it comes to searching for shows, focusing my time and not getting distracted enough to keep watching shows. I've had Sentai sit on my comp for a year before I finally watch all the episodes.

Speaking on BX, though, I actually think I would like to check out Gorg. GaoGaiGar and Dunbine, too.
>>
>>13542311
Gorg's pretty worth it.
Dunbine is a quality rollercoaster, ranging from alright to pretty bad at times.
People love GaoGaiGar, I thought it was fucking terrible. Check it out for yourself, though.
>>
>>13542311
You sound just like me when it comes to watching stuff. Reading manga, however, is something I can do without losing interest or needing much motivation, so I've found myself doing a lot of that recently.
>>
>>13541854
>generic smartphone casual shovelware
It's not that bad. It might not have a SPERGLORD MAXIMUM metagame like FF Record Keeper, but they're not pretending it's not p2w with the asshole-tier scarcity of omega crystals.
>>
>>13542326
Pretty sure most people only liked the second half or so of GGG and Final, that being due to hype or whatever people call it nowadays.
>>
>>13542326
>>13542337

While we're on the subject, what else do you anons recommend? Might as well gather some more recommendations from those more experienced. And if you could point me in the right direction of where to get said series, that would help, too

Also, anyone know a good place for mecha music? I've been endlessly repeating Govarian's OP (or rather, a cover of it) for the past several days, I might as well find some other 80s goodies to take total control of my mind.
>>
>>13542311
Gorg is good all around.
Dunbine is a 50 episode Tomino show that isn't MSG or Xabungle, expect a lot of variance in quality.
GaoGaiGar is a pretty meh MOTW show for about the first 20 episodes before it gets good.
>>
>>13542352
I like the first half a lot, the show picks up for me once the Dragon Brothers get introduced.

Any news on Bootleg SRW by the way?
>>
>>13542352
>and Final
No way, Final was awful compared to the series outside of the fights.

GGG gets good around when Volfogg shows up and the plot actually starts happening
>>
>>13542352
>>13542364
I'd say it reaches a high point when they fight Pasder, goes back to being shit, then gets tolerable for the rest of the show when the Primevils assault GGG's base.

>>13542363
>Also, anyone know a good place for mecha music?

Bakabt can be stingy with licensing stuff, but it shouldn't have any problems with OSTs.
>>
>>13542367
>Any news on Bootleg SRW by the way?
Dunno. I quit playing. Thought it was fun for a while but then I moved on.
>>
>>13542363
BakaBT and Nyaa should have most all of your anime and manga needs covered, same with OSTs. If you get really desperate for an OST and can't find it though, FFShrine is probably one of your better options, though it requires an account, so I don't know if that bothers you or not. As for recs, I'm really fond of Gakusaver.
>>
So I've been browsing SRW OSTs at work recently, and I figured out another point in BX's favor.

NO FUCKING AIMO.

>>13541854
>Fanfics with no attempt to turn it into a meaningful actual project or fangame attempt in any form.

Yeah, speaking of that. I'm calling a vote here. I need to see all you people's favorite themes out of a SRW OST from these shows:

>Mazinger Z
>Getter Robo (not much choice here, but hey, there are a lot of different GAN GAN GAN GANs in SRW)
>0079 Gundam
>Gundam 0080
>The 08th MS Squad
>Metal Armor Dragonar
>Dangaioh
>Gaiking LoDM
>Heroman (...yeah I'm pretty sure I know what this one will be)
>Zambot 3
>Gaogaigar
>Dendoh

Need to know the common opinion.
>>
>>13542424
Theme of Mazinkaiser or just the opening I guess
STORM or just the usual
Soldiers of Sorrow
Shining in the Storm
Dream-Colored Chaser
No clue
No clue
ROULETTE ROULETTE ROULETTE
Opening I guess
Whichever
Whichever

I need to watch more Super shows after I finish up Dai-Guard.
>>
>>13542424
>Mazinger
Final Brave
>Getter
STORM
I know you mean the toei version, just shut up and use these anyway.
>LODM
I remember one of the ED songs being surprisingly good. Not sure which it was though.
>>
I like Aimo.
>>
>>13542424
>>Mazinger Z
Never feels right without the classic theme. Unless you're planning on using Mazinkaiser in which case you'd better use its theme from Alpha.

>>Getter Robo (not much choice here, but hey, there are a lot of different GAN GAN GAN GANs in SRW)
I've never got why people don't get GAN GAN GAN but I guess that unused song from Alpha 2 or 3? Gattai Getter Robo I think.

>>0079 Gundam
"Afraid of Battle" wouldn't make a very good actual battle theme, so I guess this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0CAalSftC4

>>The 08th MS Squad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjeb1a82-Xw

>>Metal Armor Dragonar
The OP is the only thing I need

>>Dangaioh
See above

>>Gaiking LoDM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg-mZTnqhcY

>>Gaogaigar
Yuuki Aru Tatakai or Dividing Driver
>>
File: HE'S COMING FOR YOU.jpg (33KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
HE'S COMING FOR YOU.jpg
33KB, 720x480px
>>13542249
Master Asia
Four (mostly if you can actually ACE her for Enable spam)
Daimos Finisher

These are the ones that will significantly up your game. Grandasher Finisher is an OK alternative to Daimos Finisher (but definitely weaker).

Everything else is mostly fluff you can play around with.

>>13542363
Tetsujin 28
>>
>>13542255
Remembering that Akito and Debtman have the same voice or that he actually married Ruri IRL is something that took me a while to get accustomed to.
>>
>>13542455
>why people don't like GAN GAN GAN
That's better
>>
>>13542467
People hear it a few too many times and get sick of it. I still love it, but that's the most common reason I've heard.
>>
>>13542467
I like it but STORM is just so great.
So is Now is the Time, the first Armageddon opening, but Armageddon is kind of hard to fit into anything without building everything around post apocalyptic stuff.
>>
>>13542485
Storm is great but I'm assuming he's talking about Toei/Manga Getter stuff. Although I guess you could use whatever song you want if it's purely manga Getter.
>>
Viletta's voice is a miracle of the universe.
>>
>>13542493
He's doing the SRW classic of Toei with a pinch of manga thrown in, so yeah, you'd be right.
>>
>>13542493
Yea but like >>13542446 said he should go with STORM anyways because it's that great.
Really though yea the Toei theme would probably be what goes in.
>>
>>13542424
>Mazinger Z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XBNWgaAA64
>0079 Gundam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCH3A6TY6Qc
Gundam 0080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-aURSlQCas
>08th MS Team
This one needs to be in a SRW sometime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjeb1a82-Xw
>Dragonar
Also needs to be in a SRW game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV30TKZSgOU
>Dangaioh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByYiz7ufjaQ
>Gaiking LODM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3TmyU59Az0
>Heroman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK23PjPC42Y
>Zambot 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFjBYqI2-xs
>GaoGaiGar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=askPkpO1ksc
>Dendoh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNHlag6B0co
>>
>>13542424
>Mazinger Z
Mazinger - Flying in the Sky
>Getter Robo (not much choice here, but hey, there are a lot of different GAN GAN GAN GANs in SRW)
Main Theme but it gets grating if you hear it too much unlike the OVA themes.

I like Compact 3's arrangement of "Fumetsu No Machine Getter" though, it's funky. Most other arrangements of it, I can't stand.

>0079 Gundam
DUN DA DA DUN DA DA DUN DA DA "Red Comet" according to the game (on the OST I think it's The Long Sleep Part 2" or something)

>Gundam 0080
Pass

>The 08th MS Squad
Shine in the Storm (can't think of any BGM)

>Metal Armor Dragonar
Dream Colored Chaser (can't think of any BGM)

>Dangaioh
I'm noticing a trend but seriously - it's basically Cross Fight or Laser Blade, isn't it? From now on I'll just type "same"

>Gaiking LoDM
Same

>Heroman
Pass

>Zambot 3
Pass

>Gaogaigar
GAGAGA GAGAGA GAO GAI GAR
GAGAGA GAGAGAGA GAO GAI GAR

>Dendoh
Same
>>
>>13542500
It's a dark and stormy night up on Dark and Stormy Night Hill and you, Viletta, and Lune just took refuge in the Dark and Stormy Night Manner up on Dark and Stormy Night Hill on this dark and stormy night.
In this manner, Viletta and Lune approach you, soaked to the bone, and ask of you to make a choice - the most important choice of your life in fact: which of these two women will you be fucking this dark and stormy night up on Dark and Stormy Night Hill in the Dark and Stormy Night Manner? Viletta or Lune?
>>
>>13542525
>I like Compact 3's arrangement of "Fumetsu No Machine Getter" though, it's funky
My nigga, I love that one too.
>>13542529
Why can you only choose one?
>>
>>13542529
Why not both?
>>
File: both.gif (941KB, 398x223px) Image search: [Google]
both.gif
941KB, 398x223px
>>13542529
>>
>>13542544
>>13542543
Viletta is allergic to orgies and Lune doesn't like to share.
>>
>>13542529
Neither.
I leave them to search for my husbandos.
>>
File: 18187022_p1_master1200.jpg (65KB, 559x517px) Image search: [Google]
18187022_p1_master1200.jpg
65KB, 559x517px
>>13542529
Viletta.
>>
>>13542529
Viletta.
>>
>>13542556
Do I get to make the other one watch?
>>
>>13542556
You assume I would give them a choice in the matter.
>>
>>13542556
They'll just have to get over it
>>
>>13542573
>>13542576
>>13542578
Pigs.
>>
>>13542561
Let me ask you this: would you leave the Dark and Stormy Night Manner on Dark and Stormy Night Hill on this dark and stormy night in search for your husbando, or would you rather sit back and chill in the Temple Dark and Stormy Night Throne Room (The gloom is held at by by the light of torches. In those ever-burning sacred flames, one can sometimes catch a glimpse of otherworldly shadows. Are they really just an illusion?).

Choose wisely now.
>>
>>13542585
What did I do?
>>
>>13542424
>Mazinger Z
Either Jet Scrander theme or Theam of Z
>Getter Robo
Fumetsu no Machine
>0079 Gundam
Tobe! Gundam
>0080
Reach Out To The Sky Some Day
>08th MS Squad
Shine in the Storm
>Metal Armour Dragonar
Starlight Serenade
>Dangaioh
Cross Fight
>Gaiking LODM
It's Name Is Gaiking The Great
>Heroman
Roulette
>Zambot 3
ZAZA ZAZAZA ZAMBOT SURI
>Gaogaigar
GAGAGA GAGAGA GAOGAIGAR
>Dendoh
Over The Rainbow
>>
>>13542529
Snoopy plz

>>13542605
You didn't but you were thinking it.
>>
>>13542529
Polygamy was allowed on Atreem, so both.

I still hope that a PV for OGs3 ends with the beginning of an attack from Mist. Not even the actual animation. Just a line from mist, then it cuts out.
>>
>>13542424
>The 08th MS Squad
>Metal Armor Dragonar
>Dangaioh
>Gaiking LoDM
>Heroman
>Zambot 3
OP works fine. Maybe throw in Gaiking the Great's theme too.
>GGG
Saikyou Yuusha Robo Gundan is obligatory. I suppose you could also add the OP, Dividing Driver, and/or Final Fusion if you'd like. And tradition dictates that its finisher themes should probably show up too.
>Dendoh
Any of the vocal tracks would work wonderfully, though personally I'm most fond of FINAL ATTACK.
>>
>>13542609
Just asked if I could make the other watch is all. Not trying to plan anything with it and base my answer around it, nope.
>>
>>13542500
Atsuko Tanaka is pretty amazing, yeah.
>>
>>13542529
Both but if it had to be one or the other, Viletta. Not even remotely close a choice.
>>
>>13542424
>Mazinger Z
The Flying Mazinger Z
>Getter Robo
Immortal Machine (or the Daikessen theme if you want to use that)
>0079 Gundam
Red Comet, Tobe! Gundam, Encounters
>Gundam 0080
Look Up to the Sky One Day
>The 08th MS Squad
Hard to choose, Shining in the Storm and Ten Years After are two of the best songs in any Gundam series
>Metal Armor Dragonar
Starlight Serenade, just to be contrarian
>Dangaioh
Cross Fight
>Gaiking LoDM
GAI GAI GAI DAKIMAKURA GAIKING
>Heroman
Either opening
>Zambot 3
I'm actually only familiar with the theme song, so go with that
>Gaogaigar
The Strongest Brave Robot Army
>Dendoh
W-Infinity
>>
>>13542529
Viletta since it would give me the highest chance of netting both.
>>
>>13542671
Explain further
>>
>>13542687
Based off of what >>13542556 said and their general personalities, Lune would be the easier of the two to coerce into a threesome, while Viletta would be harder to do, which is why you give her a sexing first, to hopefully warm and loosen her up to the idea of it. You could maybe pull it off with the order reversed, but it would be much more difficult.
>>
>>13542705
"Both" doesn't necessarily mean "At the same time", which would get around Viletta's apparent allergy

And if you want to get even more technical over it, a threesome isn't an orgy in the first place.
>>
>>13542662
>DAKIMAKURA GAIKING
Okay, I laughed. Good job.
>>
>>13542713
Was just about to bring those points up myself. Great minds think alike.
>>
>>13542424
>Getter
Gattai! Getter Robo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb1QegXLwJ4
>>
>>13542713
>a threesome isn't an orgy in the first place.

Ah, that's right, I forgot to mention that in this universe women create clones in a fashion similar to Meiosis when they are sexually aroused.
>>
>>13542762
So that means you'd be unable to fuck Viletta in the first place
You've looped around on your own logic anon
>>
>>13542767
Viletta's just fucking you because I'm the God of this scenario and I said it's so, not because she can contain her lust any further.
You really think you alone can arouse her, pipsqueak?
>>
>>13542782
Sorry everyone with a brain picked the best option instead of just one or another
>>
>>13542782
Well enough to rope Lune into the group as well, at least.
>>
>>13542424
I'm going to elaborate on this now that I'm not at work because I realize most of you don't understand what I was trying to say.

What I MEAN is "What theme from the show's OST FROM A SRW GAME do you think is best" - so like, for Getter there's the opening from every game it's been in and the ending from Alpha 3 (was dummied out), from Gundam there's ten or so Gallient Chars and a few others, etc. etc.

Most of you people hit themes I'm going to include. Like, the three Mazinger themes that SRW has used? Those are all getting in straight off the show's OST, as well as maybe one other one. I want one pick from SRW to add to those. Getter is getting its opening and ED, but it's also getting Hayato's Theme and one or two other tracks that they used more often in combat in the show and Can't Stop because it's always applicable for Getter. Gundam, hoo boy, I don't even know where to begin except Tobe Gundam is getting in and there's gonna be a bunch of others probably the Andrew W.K. version of one or two themes too. Dragonar gets both OPs, maybe one other theme along with them.

I will count all the votes thus far that have actually been a SRW OST song though.
>>
>>13542424
>>13542990
(also, to the people who said things like Fumetsu No Machine, Storm, and Theme of Mazinkaiser - they're nice, but not actually from the shows in the game. I'll probably throw together an extra BGM pack with those afterwards if people want them)
>>
File: 14624204.jpg (268KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
14624204.jpg
268KB, 600x800px
>>13542596
My husbando is worth any danger.
>>
>>13541854
I just don't come here anymore when there's no new game announced.
>>
>>13539088
What the fuck did I miss?
>>
>>13542990
Just used whatever theme you like. I don't think anyone will care you can include Custom BGM in your game. Like what I'm doing. Just have a jukebox where we can listen to all the music.

> Mazinger Z
Fellow from Mazinkaiser
Robot Girls Z Theme

As for you're game. How are you going about it?
Do you make unit's first then the stage?
How long are you making the level's?
Do you make up the plot on the stop or write it down first?
What do you do to force yourself to stop adding in more series?
What engine you using, pre-made or you building your own?
Are you using an WTF series such as Digimon?
What SRW Game are you basing it off, I'm basing mine off NEO/OE?
Are you going to make every unit balanced?
>>
File: 366 - SILENT VOICE.png (13KB, 443x285px) Image search: [Google]
366 - SILENT VOICE.png
13KB, 443x285px
Well, at any rate, here's the next mission.
>>
File: 367 - Haman.png (28KB, 445x281px) Image search: [Google]
367 - Haman.png
28KB, 445x281px
I may be remembering wrong.
Is that Axis?
>>
>>13542091
There are unannounced SRW translations happening. Not worth announcing something that won't be finished for a long time, though. Why end up like Alpha?
>>
File: 368 - Char.png (32KB, 445x283px) Image search: [Google]
368 - Char.png
32KB, 445x283px
Haman calls Char out regardless of whether or not he's actually deployed at the moment.
Anyway, at this point I've decided to deploy whoever the fuck I well please.
>>
>>13543398
The day that a completed translation for something like W--or anything, really--just drops out of nowhere would be a glorious day indeed.
>>
>>13543352
>Do you make unit's first then the stage?

I'm mapping out what I want all the stages to include unitwise, then I stat out the units. Exact way the stages will look can come later, when Eternity actually comes out.

>How long are you making the level's?

Most of the stages aren't too long, the ones that are big moments aside (the "finale" of the first act in both routes, the first Heroman fight against Gogorr on the Super route and the Super Maryu Dvorak run on the Real Route, are going to be somewhat long in that they have more than one reinforcement wave and multiple events)

Most stages will be rather short though. All will advance the plot, however.

>Do you make up the plot on the stop or write it down first?

The major parts of the plot are done, I do have to tighten down what precisely I want each stage to have.

>What do you do to force yourself to stop adding in more series?

I say "Matt, if you add more series, that means you have even more characters to attempt to balance the screentime of".

It's rather effective. I'm already having trouble keeping some people (coughjoeyhackdangaiohcastwheezesidecharactersfromreideen) anywhere remotely important to the plot at large, and having more that I need to keep in the forefront is a daunting prospect.

>What engine you using, pre-made or you building your own?

Eternity, when it comes out, of course. I'm just preparing everything I can in advanced so it's less work when that happens.

>Are you using an WTF series such as Digimon?

Only two series which are going to get their full plot (read: not mangas attached to Toei series or there for the purpose of extra mechs only) are Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure and REIDEEN, and maybe those count? Nothing as insane as Xros Wars. (I MIGHT bullshit a game with that in it one day, but only after I figure out what the hell would work even remotely well with it)

(cont because this is a lot of questions)
>>
File: 369 - JUSTICE.png (27KB, 437x282px) Image search: [Google]
369 - JUSTICE.png
27KB, 437x282px
as long as JUSTICE and MISOGYNY live in your heart, you cannot die!
>>
Still thinking a SRW that uses the manga/novel versions of the series more would be neat:

Crossbone Gundam
Gundam: Beltorchika's Children
Gundam Unicorn
Gundam: Hathaway's Flash
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz: Glory of Losers
Gundam Wing: G-Unit
Gundam Seed
Gundam Seed Astray
Brain Powerd
Full Metal Panic Sigma
Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally
Linebarrels (manga)
Bokurano
Giant Robo: The day the earth burned
Demonbane (VN)
Muv Luv
Shin Mazinger Zero
Getter Robo (manga)
Getter Robo Hien
Evangelion -ANIMA-
>>
>>13543407
This is the effect we're aiming for. Thanks for your patience.
>>
Hey, Matt, if you see this, there might be an important secret flag not written in the secrets list.
Puru 2 can be convinced in this stage, and that may be a contributing factor to her recruitment.
Unless I'm wrong and it's pointless and does literally nothing.
>>
>>13543352
>>13543437
>What SRW Game are you basing it off, I'm basing mine off NEO/OE?

GC, I guess. I'm going to try and see if I can't figure out how to drum up a capture system (probably be something like "get mook mech to red health, get battleship near, Capture") for it, and there will be plenty of little things to capture and fiddle around with.

>Are you going to make every unit balanced?

I'm going to make them what they are in the TV shows. This means:

>Mazinger Z is fucking invincible, and when it unlocks Mazinpower gets all its EN attacks cut in half costwise on top of all the other buffs
>Getter is always capable of having the right answer to a situation, and most of its forms can fight in most environments - that includes 3 in the air mind you
>Gundam and its pals are built with Lunar Titanium Armor, good luck actually beating past them if you can hit them
>REIDEEN eventually becomes a god and swings around a moonsword.
>Gaiking The Great lifts cities into the sky, so if it hits your fragile steel robot you probably are fucking dead - and you're not dodging it because holy shit it's fast
>Using a range attack on ZINV after he gets his last upgrade? That's cute, it gets sucked into a black hole. Using a physical attack? Cure, impenetrable barrier wings.
>Dendoh can use all its Data Weapon powers in any form, and has actual infinite EN with Phoenix Aile... which does really fun things to the EN-to-power Final Attacks...
>King Beal has a lengthy charge time on the Ion Cannon, Zambot takes like ten seconds tops. Consider that.
>Heroman is like 5 meters tall and can fire beams that shoot things 1000~ times its size into space. It can also dodge like a motherfucker since MAGNETS.
>Gaogaigar... is still preshow, whoops. But it's going to be a lategame unit and as such it gets proper lategame unit power.

...so basically it'll be like modern SRW where EVERYTHING is fucking broken and the trick is finding the thing broken in the way you like most.
>>
>>13543469
>inb4 He's translating OE
>>
>>13543457
If you cut down on the fucking Gundam it'd look good.
>>
>>13543472
The guide doesn't say anything about it and it recruits 2, so...

If you could maintain an extra save file as a just in case thing? 2 comes with the Quin Mantha, yet another absurd MA... or is it an MS? Actually not sure on that one, but if it's an MS it's pretty much the best in Compact 1.

>>13543474
Oh, whoops, forgot Dragonar there. Uh, they don't have anything insane, but combos are really powerful and there's a lot of those in there, the Dragonars and Falguen are probably going to be top tier Evasion potential (outside of Newtypes, Kazuki, Heroman and Skrugg Will, and maybe Getter 2), and I might vastly overpower those heat bazooka things by logic of "they look really goddamn cool and are thus really powerful."
>>
>>13543497
Scratch that.
Misread on my part.
>>
File: 370 - puru.png (35KB, 444x286px) Image search: [Google]
370 - puru.png
35KB, 444x286px
Well, anyway, Puru 1 get.
>>
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRKKKK
>>
Puru 1 is pretty fucking strong
>>
>>13543529
I hope you didn't pour a lot of money into Shine Spark, because I don't know if that carries over into Stoner Sunshine in this game.

It seems that C1 didn't have Shin Shine Spark though. C3 did, as did Impact (because it was borrowing animation from Alpha Gaiden but still)
>>
File: 373 - puru.png (27KB, 443x283px) Image search: [Google]
373 - puru.png
27KB, 443x283px
Puru 2 stares in disbelief
>>13543539
That's Shine Spark's raw damage.
>>
There was a song from the Mazinger TV series that I thought would make real cool SRW fight music for it.
They used it as boss battle music for the Mazinger Arcade SHMUP, but I can't seem to find it.

I am trying to build my own custom SRW OST, one with vocal tracks for each series, and one of incidental BGM music.
But man, getting non OP/ED/Insert music for old robot shows is difficult.
>>
>>13543546
Ah, good.

And yeah, Puru 2's sprite in this game is pretty WHOA THERE MAN.
>>
>>13543555
>getting non OP/ED/Insert music for old robot shows is difficult.

Well, which shows are you looking for? There's usually a few songs without lyrics that get used as background music, though sometimes that's just remixes of the OP. (ok, more than some times)
>>
File: 374 - who.png (26KB, 441x288px) Image search: [Google]
374 - who.png
26KB, 441x288px
Remind me, who the fuck is this, and why should I care?
>>13543556
Puru 1's sprite is fucking worse.
UHERPDURP
>>
>>13543563
Usually just the shows where all SRW ever sees is the OP/ED (mostly Dynamic Pro and that era)
Though it's difficult to pin down what would be memorable in terms of bgm music sometimes.
For things like Exkaiser, or Dragonar, Machine Robo, etc.
>>
File: 375 - for you.png (33KB, 441x286px) Image search: [Google]
375 - for you.png
33KB, 441x286px
Who needs the ZZ Gundam, anyway?
>>
>>13543571
Wasn't he Mashmyre's (and whoever's later) lackey in ZZ?
>>
>>13543584
Yeah he was also Chara Soon's lackey as well
>>
Okay, serious question here:
Does Soul stack with Valor?
>>13543584
Ah, thanks. So no one really important.
>>
>>13543588
Unless you play W then no.
>>
>>13543595
Aw, I was hoping Compact would let me go maximum IDEALS versus Haman.
>>
>>13543578
>Dragonar

I'm probably just going to use the two openings and maybe the ED for that one. Maybe I'll hunt another theme for it, but honestly I probably won't care because Gundam's going to have like twenty songs in the game just from the original anime and movie trilogy (no 0080 and 08th) and it can just borrow from that.

>Machine Robo

I can think of one non-lyrical song off the top of my head that I would be fucking pissed if it didn't get in, and I haven't seen Machine Robo.
>>
>>13543600
Seriously no other game besides W lets you stack Hot Blood and Soul.
And the only reason you can do it in W is due to a bug
>>
>>13543588
>Ah, thanks. So no one really important.

How dare you insult Gottn like that.
>>
I haven't played any SRW in a while, dunno what to even play again.
Maybe I should try some kinda wacky run of something or other.
>>
>>13543624
Boss Borot solo run.
>>
File: 376 - SHOW ME THE WAY TO YOU.png (23KB, 442x282px) Image search: [Google]
376 - SHOW ME THE WAY TO YOU.png
23KB, 442x282px
L-Gaim shows Haman the way.
>>13543613
I should try W out sometime. The music was really great from what I heard, and it DOES have Tekkaman Blade, so...
>>13543617
Who?
>>
>>13543628
no
hack every unit to be Boss Borot
Boss Borot Army
>>
playing z3.2 and fighting leonard
>cast soul
>1000+ damage
what the fuck is up this chap? this guy takes no fucking damage.
>>
>>13543635
his Lambda Driver ability cuts damage by 9/10ths
>>
File: SEIGI.jpg (205KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SEIGI.jpg
205KB, 1280x720px
>>13543451
you laugh but the world will always need more justice
>>
File: 377 - great.png (30KB, 442x283px) Image search: [Google]
377 - great.png
30KB, 442x283px
Ironically, he's the last to die.
>>
>>13543474
>...so basically it'll be like modern SRW where EVERYTHING is fucking broken and the trick is finding the thing broken in the way you like most.
"They all take no damage and deal 6 billion damage in return naturally" doesn't seem like it'll make for "good broken gameplay"

... Which generally tends to be fun because of some sort of perceived "this isn't supposed to be happening but I'm bending the game over my knee when the designers thought they were challenging" - e.g Calculators in FFT.
>>
File: 378 - cool.png (40KB, 441x285px) Image search: [Google]
378 - cool.png
40KB, 441x285px
Well anyway Haman's fucking DEAD
>>
File: 379 -woo.png (38KB, 443x280px) Image search: [Google]
379 -woo.png
38KB, 443x280px
Lalah, who ISN'T dead, has something to say about all this.
>>
File: 380 - CASH.png (29KB, 443x282px) Image search: [Google]
380 - CASH.png
29KB, 443x282px
And we made some bank in that last mission.
>>
File: 381 - poor sazabi.png (28KB, 440x284px) Image search: [Google]
381 - poor sazabi.png
28KB, 440x284px
SAZABI NEVER ASKED FOR THIS
>>
>>13543635
He takes 1/10 damage from everything but has shit for HP. Ends up being like most bosses but with way lower numbers on both sides.
>>
>>13543678
>and deal 6 billion damage in return naturally

Now, that's the difficult part. See, the thing is, most of those crazy upgrades that make everything unstoppable happens... I don't know exact count, but I'd say ten to twelve stages from the end of the game at the earliest and two stages from the end at the latest (Maybe one, depending on how I do the Super's final upgrade).

Also enemies have status weapons and like to spam them, and accuracy is pretty high on both sides. You're either "I can move so fast the human eye cannot trace my movement", have a bunch of effort poured into you, or you're not getting great dodge percentages, and if you're not dodging, you might get taken down by statuses.

Also, the OG enemies. The first one you meet on both routes is a full on boss. That boss isn't nerfed, and it's the endgame MOOK. To use your example, you might deal 6 billion damage with every squad you attack with, but the enemy has 30 billion HP and he and his buddies all have big accurate debuff moves that they just love spamming on you. You either kill them all fast, turtle the best terrain and play a very cagey game, or die like a bitch. (So sort of like GC basically except less multipilot mechs)
>>
>>13543731
(the real issue with it all is that you really can't nerf some of the mechs enough to make them work with everything else safely. Reideen is a literal god, swings a sword that is lengthwise a decent amount of the diameter of the moon, has two unbreakable shields, and takes visible damage about one time in the entire show, and can both teleport and fake teleporting by moving so fast the only way to track it is to be doing the same exact thing. You cannot come up with a way to make that comparable to the G3, which should be a pinnacle of 0079/0080 technology, even if you say G3's Lunar Titanium Armor is good - which it is - and throw on some strong moves)
>>
>>13543451
>>13543646
Wufei best Wing.
>>
>>13543731
shinka was fucking terrible don't do this
>>
>>13542424
>Mazinger Z
Flip a coin, I never cared for it.
>Getter Robo
Please anything other than GETGETGET
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgYOEYhc20s
>0079 Gundam
Gonna play devil's advocate and go with Granrodeo's mix of Meguriai.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X4uu8nOoaE
>Gundam 0080
Love the OVA, didn't care much for it's music, only the theme song works really.
>The 08th MS Squad
If it ain't broke don't fix it, go with the OP.
>Metal Armor Dragonar
Yume Iro Chaser is the only choice.
>Dangaioh
Cross Fight
>Gaiking LoDM
It's name is GAIKIN ZA GURETO
>Heroman
Joey and Heroman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aTf6icibF0
>Zambot 3
Flip a coin
>Gaogaigar
I'll forgive BX for many things. Omitting STRONGEST FUCKING ROBO CORPS AND DISC X ARE NOT ONE OF THEM.
>Dendoh
Over the Rainbow will do.
>>
File: 20150405004914.jpg (192KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20150405004914.jpg
192KB, 1280x720px
>>13543799
you fucking know it
>>
>>13542424
In return, no Fight with courage, no Let's go Gekiganger, no Sirbine theme.

Also i hate it that you can't adjust BGM based on a unit form. Like back then, SKL song is The Eternal Soldiers and on wing form it's Legend of Kaiser. In BX you can't do it.
Cause it will be cool if Unicorn is RX-0, NT-D is Unicorn (long) and Awakening is 6th mob Unicorn
>>
>>13542424
>Mazinger Z
Sora Tobu Mazinger Z
>Getter Robo
Fumetsu no Machine, Getter Robo
>0079 Gundam
Not much. Cause i am ok wth all of it.
>Gundam 0080
Would be nice if they use the battle song at the Augusta base at EP1. But sadly they don't.
>The 08th MS Squad
Would be nice if they use "Warrior". But eh.
>Metal Armor Dragonar
Can't go wrong with Sora iro Chaser. But i might be the minority that likes Starlight Serenade and wish they use it at SRW.
>Dangaioh
Both are just too great. Cross Fight and the Laser Blade theme.
>Gaiking LoDM
Dvorak 9th Symphony
>Heroman
Limited choice. But i like both.
>Zambot 3
Again, limited choice. But i'm more to Zambot Combination.
>Gaogaigar
King J-der theme and Fight with Courage.
>Dendoh
Over the Rainbow.
>>
Bad Ending aside, for Scenario 57, should you choose to fight the Uchuu Kaiju instead of the Buff Clan, what happens to the latter?
>>
>>13543839
I admit, it was nice that Z3 gave the Wing boys that outfit. It's something different for once.
>>
File: Bright is Obselote.jpg (74KB, 672x432px) Image search: [Google]
Bright is Obselote.jpg
74KB, 672x432px
Does any of the classic Winkysoft SRW cover Dunbine as throughly as Compact 3 seems to do?

Seriously, in a game where most series only have the main unit as the representative (lol ZZ), I think 1/3 of your deployable units is made up of the Dunbine cast.
>>
>>13544241
SRW EX
The whole game is set in Byston Well it is just called La Gias.
>>
>>13543613
It's not possible outside of NG+, either, since none of the multipilot units have the requisite spirit combination.
>>
File: 1446383454825.gif (293KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1446383454825.gif
293KB, 500x281px
>Guts finally got off the boat
>Still no OG 3 announcement
>>
SRWs are always announced quickly they said

Right after the games come out they said
>>
>>13544392
25th anniversary next year.

This means at least 5 new SRWs.
>>
>>13544381
>Guts finally got off the boat

Are you for real? Holy shit.
>>
>>13544398
Quick, post 5 SRWs that you want for next year
>>
>>13544404
I am bitch nigga, I am.

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/559570
>>
>>13544405
OG3
OG3gaiden
OG HD collection
Z HD collection
Endless Frontier 3D - Tits on your face-
>>
>>13544410
>Endless Frontier 3D - Tits on your face-
You're a good man
>>
>>13543469
Don't tease me, anon. My body couldn't handle the shock of seeing W suddenly translated one day. My pants would be stained white, brown and red.

>>13543480
I'd accept this, too.

>>13543474
I love everything about that summary of unit brokenness. Pity you aren't making it completely broken so that I won't have to worry about difficult/cheap bosses somewhere mid-game. You know, somewhere in the two decades from now when we might have the ETernity engine.
>>
Answer me this, /srwg/: why did Winkysoft decide Mazinger Z's strongest attack was Breast Fire? From what I remember of the manga and random episodes Mazinger killed enemies with whatever weapon it had on hand - the idea of a 'finishing move' wasn't something Mazinger came up with, iirc
>>
>>13544529
It's Mazinger's most iconic weapon besides the Rocket Punch.
>>
>>13544536
Remember that time when Breast Fire was a MAP attack
>>
>>13544550
I'd try, but then I wouldn't be able to stop screaming.
>>
>>13544505
>white, brown and red.
I understand brown and red but white...?

>I love everything about that summary of unit brokenness.
I dunno, it made less sense to me after he added an elaboration.

I mean, descriptors like "invincible" is kind of relative - if something can hurt it, it's not "invincible" anymore, is it?
>>
>>13544381
>>13544409
>Guts is off the boat

I'm finally free, I've waited for this moment for too long.

Now I can move on to the afterlife.
>>
>>13544561
>but white...?

A little exaggeration about being overexcited. I'm sure you can piece together something white that gets released during excitement.

>if something can hurt it, it's not "invincible" anymore, is it?

True, but being literally invincible would be just a bit too much. Exaggerating for the sake of comedy, or even just not being that far of an exaggeration, makes sense. It's like Gorg and J in BX. Sure, they're not really invincible, but with all their defensive prowess, they're nearly unable to be killed.
>>
File: gutsonaboat.jpg (93KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
gutsonaboat.jpg
93KB, 500x561px
>>13544381
>He is now a veteran
>>
>>13544409
It took this long to get out of the boat. I hope my grandkids can see the final showdown between Guts and Griffith.

It's gonna kick fucking ass.
>>
>>13544529
Breast Fire had one of the better onscreen showings, while it wasn't typically used to finish things it tended to destroy things it hit.

Also, I seem to remember at some point that someone called it Mazinger's strongest attack? I know it's the only move Minerva X wasn't properly able to copy, its inferior metal body wasn't capable of withstanding the heat (but was capable of holding ionized fucking hydrogen for Rust Hurricane so idunno)
>>
>>13543481
Cutting out the Getter and Mazinger would make it perfect, though.
>>
>>13544738
Let me cut out both to see how it looks like.

Brain Powerd
Full Metal Panic Sigma
Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally
Linebarrels (manga)
Bokurano
Giant Robo: The day the earth burned
Demonbane (VN)
Muv Luv
Evangelion -ANIMA-

9 series so that's very well-within doable range for an fan-game.

(Well except for some of these series not having any completed English translations)
>>
>>13544785
Its shit.
>>
>>13544785
>>13544799
Seconded.
>>
>>13544785
Now just throw in an untranslated series that all of maybe five people know about, like Boldor.
>>
>>13544785
Cut out the six or seven shit series that are left and then you might have something.
>>
Alright, 2 questions.
One, who do I even funnel money into at this point? L-Gaim is maxed out PERIOD, and Daitarn's finisher is maxed out.
Two, who the FUCK looked at the sprites for Nu, Sazabi, and F91, and went "yeah this is good"
>>
>>13545145
At this point, just put money into whatever you think will do the best. Give your Supers EN, power up Armor and Mobility on things that need them, make sure Limit's fine on everyone, that sort of thing. Then just generally power up finishers on thing you know you're going to not drop later on.
>>
>>13544785
>no Ginguiser
>no Metal Gear Rising
It's shit.
>>
>>13545169
Ginguiser and Metal Gear Rising got mangas?
>>
File: 382 - cool.png (9KB, 445x279px) Image search: [Google]
382 - cool.png
9KB, 445x279px
Onward to the end.
>>13545163
I poured some cash into Daimos' survival; after all all, he deserves it.
>>
Do you guys have a hi res scan of the Riot A and Riot B?
>>
File: 383 - wow.png (14KB, 442x289px) Image search: [Google]
383 - wow.png
14KB, 442x289px
Actually, before we move on, I'd like to point out that Char has FOUR of the units he's known for having piloted in the series as playable units.
But obviously, he's getting the Sazabi.
>>
File: 384 - spooky.png (11KB, 439x280px) Image search: [Google]
384 - spooky.png
11KB, 439x280px
I am shaking in my boots.
>>
Does anyone even KNOW how Linebarrels manga ends?

It hasn't been translated.
>>
File: 385 - christ no.png (12KB, 446x285px) Image search: [Google]
385 - christ no.png
12KB, 446x285px
Fucking hell.
>>
File: 386 - Daimos is BACK.png (24KB, 442x279px) Image search: [Google]
386 - Daimos is BACK.png
24KB, 442x279px
Ah, much better.
>>
File: 387 - yes.png (28KB, 443x286px) Image search: [Google]
387 - yes.png
28KB, 443x286px
MUCH BETTER
>>
File: 388 - no.png (27KB, 443x285px) Image search: [Google]
388 - no.png
27KB, 443x285px
FUCKING
REINFORCEMENTS
>>
File: 389 - Don.png (18KB, 447x283px) Image search: [Google]
389 - Don.png
18KB, 447x283px
OH FUCK
>>
File: Don Zauser.png (3KB, 133x85px) Image search: [Google]
Don Zauser.png
3KB, 133x85px
>>13545265
Does he hold his arms up like OH SHIT GUYS I'M ON A FUCKING CLOUD?
>>
File: gadlight.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gadlight.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>Anger Inversion
my dick
>>
File: 390 - INCOMING RAMMING.png (26KB, 441x285px) Image search: [Google]
390 - INCOMING RAMMING.png
26KB, 441x285px
>>13545278
Yes he does and he has fucking DOUBLE MOVE
>>
File: 224-225.jpg (371KB, 1515x1080px) Image search: [Google]
224-225.jpg
371KB, 1515x1080px
>>13545211
Kouichi beats Deus and then becomes Deus
>>
File: 391 - IDEALS.png (49KB, 879x282px) Image search: [Google]
391 - IDEALS.png
49KB, 879x282px
FEEL THE WRATH OF GATO'S IDEALS
>>
>>13545302
SO IT'S A FUCKING TIMELOOP?
>>
>>13545311
Why are you using Gato?
>>
>>13544785
>bokurano
>12 spirit pools
>it loses one every chapter featuring it
>>
>>13545311
I thought he was saying I'LL KILL YOU in katakana for a sec but then I remembered Koros is an actual character
>>
File: 392 - No tears, only smiles.png (27KB, 444x286px) Image search: [Google]
392 - No tears, only smiles.png
27KB, 444x286px
Banjo expresses his confusion towards what just happened
>>13545329
Because I can.
>>
>>13545329
Muh ideals.
>>
File: 393 - CASH MONEY.png (29KB, 445x284px) Image search: [Google]
393 - CASH MONEY.png
29KB, 445x284px
Scratch what I said about the last mission, this one netted us some SERIOUS cash.
>>
>>13545314
No he just sorta takes his place after fusing with Linebarrel permanently
>>
>>13545329
Matt we know you hate Gato, but you can't stop other people from using him.
>>
>>13545358
No, I mean why is he using Gato over the people that already have Double Move.
>>
>>13545365
Because it's fun and I have units that came make up for his slowness.
>>
>>13545352
So Emi is left forever a virgin?

>>13545365
Gato should have that spirit that gives everyone in the map 5 will when he joins
>>
>>13545376
Can make up for*
>>
>>13545377
>So Emi is left forever a virgin?
Least nobody can say she isn't pure.
>>
File: 222-223.jpg (331KB, 1515x1080px) Image search: [Google]
222-223.jpg
331KB, 1515x1080px
>>13545377
Yes
>>
File: 394 - The Time I'm Seeing You.png (30KB, 443x281px) Image search: [Google]
394 - The Time I'm Seeing You.png
30KB, 443x281px
Here we are again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NLTiS6fTmo
>>13545377
Inspire? You better fucking believe it.
And he has SOUL
>>
>>13545302
>>13545377
>>13545385
>>13545387
>Disregard bitches, become mecha
>>
>>13545394
Huh, it's rare for them to use lyrics as stage name. Usually they just go for song titles.
>>
>>13545397
>become SEIGI
fixed
>>
>>13545397
He wants to be justice and the penis is evil
>>
>>13545401
>it's rare for them to use lyrics as stage name.
MX did this a lot IIRC
>>
>>13545402
>>13545405
Is he friends with Wufei?
>>
File: ST-100 devil frame.jpg (3MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
ST-100 devil frame.jpg
3MB, 1920x2560px
now i just need a russian name
>>
>>13545410
Wufei runs on a different kind of justice
>>
File: altron machina.jpg (146KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
altron machina.jpg
146KB, 720x960px
>>13545410
L had a riot with Wufei and Linebarrel. He was sent to infiltrate the Katou Organization and fit in so well you could actually recruit the Linebarrel secret character by convincing him with Wufei.
>>
SEABOOK ARNO LOSES HIS FUCKING MIND

Just kidding, it occurred to me that I've never gotten a Game Over and, as a result, I didn't have that jingle, so I purposefully died.
>>
>>13545302
>>13545387
FUCKING UX2 WHEN!?
>>
>>13545418
But justice is justice.
>>
>>13545442
>everyone has the same justice
Check your privilege you unlawful scum
>>
>>13545438
Hopefully never. Don't need an awful cast list like that ever again.
>>13545442
Wrong.
>>
>>13545452
>>13545457
Well fine, geez.
>>
>>13545469
Not my fault your knowledge of justice is almost as bad as >>13545438s taste.
>>
>>13545457
>Don't need an awful cast list like that ever again.

Not enough Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, and Aldnoah Zero for you?

>>13545438
Nah, we don't need a UX2. We just need Linebarrels in the next mainline trilogy.

It's got enough content to survive timeskips even if they front load it in the first 2 games, the third game can be about Kouchi regaining his humanity.

Also Miu can be kept from going crazy by having idol friends. I mean, we're allowed to save almost anyone who gets driven insane by their robots.
>>
>>13545485
Then inform me on the meaning of justice.
>>
>>13545519
Justice is different to each person. It's like one of them special snowflakes you hear so much about
>>
did basara's songs actually dealt damage in D
>>
>>13545701
To Protodevlin, yes. I think the Ruina too? They were all pretty goddamn strong as well so he's not bad on that front, horrible issues with Song EN cost efficiency in the earlier parts of the game aside.
>>
>>13545528
Anon no you're going to bring that anon that misuses racial slurs and it's gonna be dumb.
>>
Hey, SRWZ1 question
Did you guys keep Morale+1 skills on your characters? I got rid of them for other stuff, but since I was playing on Hard Mode, it took a while before everyone could build up morale for shit.
>>
>>13545776
In Hard Mode Z1, I only get Morale+1 (Kill) and leave the default ones.
>>
>>13543457
What is ANIMA
>>
File: Crimson A1~Torwat Alpha1.png (299KB, 341x694px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson A1~Torwat Alpha1.png
299KB, 341x694px
>>13545801
Fucking madness.
>>
File: 396 - let's finish this.png (6KB, 446x282px) Image search: [Google]
396 - let's finish this.png
6KB, 446x282px
Let's wipe this game from the face of the Earth.
>>
>>13545808
So now EVAs are magical girls?
This should go in Super Heroine Chronicle.
>>
File: 397 - pappy.png (30KB, 444x280px) Image search: [Google]
397 - pappy.png
30KB, 444x280px
It's time for SUFFERING
>>
>>13545857
Oh boy did he steal the Macross again?
>>
>>13545852
No, that's an Evangelion after it fused with Asuka. It's still the size of an Evangelion. (also its hair is a flight pack how does that even work without the neck snapping every time it tries to fly)
>>
File: 398 - hi.png (22KB, 439x283px) Image search: [Google]
398 - hi.png
22KB, 439x283px
The whole gang is here.
Pappy, Rosamy(!), Jerid, his waifu, Yazan, Katz' waifu, and Bask!
>>
>>13545808
So now we come full circle and Evangelion is copying Rahxephon?
Dare I ask if there is a Shinji equivalent?
>>
File: Super Evangelion.png (813KB, 600x1325px) Image search: [Google]
Super Evangelion.png
813KB, 600x1325px
>>13545888
Yes, when he sort-of-kind-of fuses with his, it turns into the Super Eva.

...from what I can tell at least. ANIMA's not particularly well translated, everything that is has this underlying "what." overtone to it.
>>
File: 3691178_p0.png (302KB, 800x626px) Image search: [Google]
3691178_p0.png
302KB, 800x626px
>>13545857
Is this one of those SRWs where if you try to enact the Zeta's TV proper end it goes "okay" and then lets you turn Kamille into a vegetable stir-fry?
>>
>>13545917
Let's test it out.
>>
This stage is fucking hilarious.
Anything that isn't being funneled is being VSBR'd.
>>
>>13545917
I love the WATERMELON'D thing.
>>
Kamille is able to save Rosamy... by causing her unit to explode?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXaFVB9hiJw
>>
Well, Kamille can't get retarded in Compact.
Should've known, since he doesn't learn the Waverider Crash.
>>
File: 400 - pop.png (27KB, 446x279px) Image search: [Google]
400 - pop.png
27KB, 446x279px
Daba lightly taps Pappy on the head, causing him to explode and drop a reasonable amount of cash.
>>
>>13546002
He can get retarded in F(final?) and Alpha 1 despite not getting the move itself to use.
Probably because the sole use of the move would derp him.

Though you can mitigate that in those games by saving Four if I recall.
>>
>>13546010
That's the power of the Winkysoft damage formula.

>>13546011
>Though you can mitigate that in those games by saving Four if I recall.
Yeah. But you can also just kill Scirocco with someone else. Not like you had that many UC units with actual finishers back in those days. Just stuff with funnels and the Wings of Light. I don't recall if F91 had the MEPE Attack in @1; I know it did in @2, though.
>>
File: 401 - SUFFER.png (32KB, 445x285px) Image search: [Google]
401 - SUFFER.png
32KB, 445x285px
Like any classy person, I make sure to kill Jerid's waifu before his eyes before I make sure to kill him.
>>13546011
Interesting
>>13546019
L-Gaim with 4 V-Ups is a hell of a drug
>>
File: 402 - hohoho.png (25KB, 438x287px) Image search: [Google]
402 - hohoho.png
25KB, 438x287px
I should've let Kyao kill him.
Oh well.
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEEE
SPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKK
>>
>>13546019
Nah, most Gundams didn't get their fancy endgame moves until the games started getting an animation budget.

Though I know Zeta gets his watermelon crash in at least one Compact game.

>>13546025
It can get aggravating if you didn't see it coming beforehand and trigger it.
I think in one of the games it still lets you keep him as a pilot, but his stats tank to something even below Fa's.
>>
Any of you charming and frankly quite attractive men have that chart of all the shows that have and haven't been in SRW?
>>
>>13546025
>L-Gaim with 4 V-Ups is a hell of a drug
How much attack power is that, and what's Daba's Ranged stat?
>>
File: 354 - l-gaim.png (33KB, 887x284px) Image search: [Google]
354 - l-gaim.png
33KB, 887x284px
>>13546034
I can only imagine the frustration
>>13546037
Current damages here....
>>
File: 403 - Daba.png (27KB, 438x282px) Image search: [Google]
403 - Daba.png
27KB, 438x282px
...and these are Daba's current stats.
>>
>>13546044
>>13546047
6500*1.47 (147 shooting) is 9555. 9555*1.5 (150 will) is 14332. Yeah, that's a lot.
>>
>>13546044
Not the most insane thing I've seen in the Winkysoft formula (Akashic Nova and Shin's SRX come to mind), but that's still pretty absurd.
>>
Hey is Cybuster any good in 2/G?
>>
>>13546053
don't forget Soul which multiplies the results by 3.
>>
>>13546067
Yeah, but that's only if it's a major boss.
>>
File: 404 - NO REPLY.png (5KB, 444x283px) Image search: [Google]
404 - NO REPLY.png
5KB, 444x283px
How convenient. L-Gaim Finale.
Current thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t144Sf8cIs
>>
>>13546095
I'm a bigger fan of SHOW ME THE WAY TO YOU
>>
>>13546110
It's a good thing that's the only L-Gaim song in Compact, and OG L-Gaim is better than Mark 2 here.
You can have this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRiFIIOF6SU
>>
How embarrassing must it be to miss the Getter?
>>
>Secret is at 41,1
>go to 41,1
>not there
how do they count this shit?
>>
>>13546149
Usually with the top-left corner being (0,0)?
>>
>>13546159
>turns out that the gamefaq had the location wrong
Why.
Akurasu uses the same coords as well.
>>
File: 405 - aw.png (50KB, 442x462px) Image search: [Google]
405 - aw.png
50KB, 442x462px
I'd love to be able to understand the whole thing, but from what I think I understand, Olibee recognizes Daba as her brother, seems to be apologizing about (something?), and now she's on our side.
Hooray, Little Sister is saved!
>>
>>13546235
Dat forehead.
>>
Olibee tries to convince Sho Hayami to see if he isn't as stupid as his other self in this game
>ギャブレット・ギャブレー
Try saying that 5 times fast
>>13546247
Accurate to the show, of course,
>>
File: 408 - SAY MY NAME.png (31KB, 448x287px) Image search: [Google]
408 - SAY MY NAME.png
31KB, 448x287px
Olibee alone isn't enough, so Daba steps in as well.
>>
File: 409 - Gablet or whatever.png (24KB, 438x284px) Image search: [Google]
409 - Gablet or whatever.png
24KB, 438x284px
Sho Hayami joins us with a pretty bitching spirit set.
>>
File: 410 - you too.png (20KB, 441x286px) Image search: [Google]
410 - you too.png
20KB, 441x286px
Oh, and apparently... Hansha? joined us.
His set's alright too.
>>
Time to get nuked.
>>
>>13546287
His name is Hascha. Hascha Moscha. ONLY IN TOMINOLAND, FOLKS.
>>
File: 412 - wakamotomelon.png (28KB, 442x285px) Image search: [Google]
412 - wakamotomelon.png
28KB, 442x285px
Someone mention Wakamoto?
>>13546299
Then there's Gavlet Gablae(?), Faneria Amu, Quasan Olibee, Shot Weapon, Burn Banning, Marvel Frozen, Paptimus Scirrocco, etc. etc.
>>
File: 413 - Poseidal.png (47KB, 438x286px) Image search: [Google]
413 - Poseidal.png
47KB, 438x286px
Oh, and in case you're wondering, the L-Gaim finale is still happening.
>>
I can't say anything for sure, but just now, I believe I felt the cold chill of Death's grasp.
>>
>>13546316
OE was my first experience with L-Gaim, I remember not knowing what the heck was going on during the finale.
>>
File: 415 - Shin Getter 1.png (31KB, 442x283px) Image search: [Google]
415 - Shin Getter 1.png
31KB, 442x283px
OH SHIT GETTER WHAT ARE YOU DOING
>>13546330
Well, in this game, what happens is
>L-Gaim guys warp in on us
>L-Gaim is more broken than Mark 2
>This stage happens
>Daba reminds his sister of who she really is
>She gratefully helps convince Gavlet to our side
>Big Happy Family
>Current events: Poseidal and what'sherface start talking, but what'sherface doesn't seem to like Poseidal too much
>>
>>13546332
That sprite.

STOP RIGHT THERE HEAVY METAL SCUM
>>
File: 416 - SG-1 attacks.png (34KB, 884x286px) Image search: [Google]
416 - SG-1 attacks.png
34KB, 884x286px
>>13546335
LOOK AT THE FUCKING BASE DAMAGE FOR STONER SUNSHINE
WHY IS SHIN GETTER BEING PILOTED BY THE TOEI TEAM
THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE
>>
>>13546335
The old games really liked that pose for Shin Getter-1.
Mostly because it meant it could throw a Stoner Sunshine without actually moving.
>>
>>13545760
You're wrong on two of those, but your list is close enough.
>>13545773
He doesn't come to these threads anyway.
>>13546332
It's being best Getter, that's what.
>>13546344
Who the hell else would it be piloted by?
>>
>>13546344
Stoner Sunshine's the strongest attack in the entire game without V-Ups (caps at 6200), but if Banjou has Soul then Sun Attack will do more.

src: http://www.geocities.jp/odoru7094/Cta.html
>>
File: 417 - Shin Getter 3.png (31KB, 444x274px) Image search: [Google]
417 - Shin Getter 3.png
31KB, 444x274px
Meanwhile, Shin Getter 3
>>13546352
Amuro, Yazan, and Kamille
But it just kinda feels weird for Shin Getter to be piloted by the kid friendliest version of the Getter Team. I can't really put it into words, exactly.
Not that I hate Shin Getter, it's my favorite design of the Getters.
>>13546356
Nice. Good thing I already maxed out Banjou.
>>
>>13546367
>But it just kinda feels weird for Shin Getter to be piloted by the kid friendliest version of the Getter Team
It's just a really powerful Getter in this case. No reason for the Toei team to be unfitting for that, at least not as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>13546372
I guess you're right.
I just kinda associate Shin Getter with.. well, its other appearances, too much.
>>
>>13546376
It's fine, I suppose. I also just realized that you implied that the other versions of Getter might not be that kid friendly, which is just wrong.
>>
>>13546376
It's probably because lately that's all they've used for Getter is the less kid-friendly version?

By this point in SRW history, we're probably split pretty even one who's piloted Shin Getter more, the classic vs. the newer team.

Classic team's the only one that's piloted several different iterations of the Shin Getter, too. The one with the blue Getter-3, the one with the yellow Getter-3, and apparently W's Shin was a slight modification to Armageddon's? I only learned that in the last few months.
>>
File: 48635038_p0_master1200.jpg (120KB, 480x681px) Image search: [Google]
48635038_p0_master1200.jpg
120KB, 480x681px
Wow, yeah, fuck the Dark Brain stage of OGG. This is bullshit.

And damn, that was some butchering of the R storyline.
>>
>>13546428
It's not that they AREN'T kid friendly (well, maybe MAYBE New Getter), but it's more that the Toei Getter is most often depicted as the more "heroic" Getter team (even though they aren't the greatest people) rather than their other appearances, which, don't get me wrong, while heroic, are more of... grittier, more embittered versions of themselves(Armageddon in particular stands out for this, but a case could be made for SvN)?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkeEm0YVkU0

I wonder if they'll use PoD in the next DS game.
>>
>>13546445
W uses the Armageddon style of forcing a colorscheme on all the forms and its general proportions while having the 1 form have the chest coloration of its manga self. It also may or may not have the chin, it's somewhat difficult to tell.
>>13546456
The only Getter pilots I would consider a bit rough are maybe Hayato, though he always has good reasons to do what he does, so that nullifies that, and manga Go, who is sometimes very aggressive and violent without much good reason. Aside from that, they're all nice dudes who aren't bad.
>>
>>13546516
I concede.
>>
>>13546520
What?
>>
File: 418 - Shin Getter 2.png (32KB, 436x279px) Image search: [Google]
418 - Shin Getter 2.png
32KB, 436x279px
>>13546524
Oh, uh, I'm just rambling to myself at this point, do't mind me.
Here's Shin Getter 2.
>>
>>13546532
I just didn't realize we were having an argument of sorts here. I was just saying that I don't find the Getter pilots to be all that crazy, especially considering other, even crazier protags I've seen, like Mondo.
>>
post favorite grunts
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (183KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
183KB, 1000x800px
SRW when?
>>
>>13546576
They'd have to fix the cost-to-power ratio.
>>
>>13546606
make it like dendoh in MX
>>
>>13546573
favorite grunts
>>
>>13546516
I'm pretty sure I recall W having Chin Getter. It's not entirely clear, but both the normal sprites and the Stoner Sunshine cut-in seem to have the chin. It also has Getter Emperor show up in the Shine Spark animation, which further points to it being the Armageddon version.
>>
>>13546636
It is the Armageddon version, it's just very slightly altered with the chest.
>>
>>13546367
>the kid friendliest version of the Getter Team
Its not like the original crew was that much better.
>>
>>13546645
I don't follow.
>>
>>13546576
It'd make a decent addition to a hypothetical SRW USA at least.
>>
File: 1435451030319.jpg (9KB, 119x153px) Image search: [Google]
1435451030319.jpg
9KB, 119x153px
>>13546624
>>
>>13546645
What do you mean?
>>
File: 419 - here we go.png (40KB, 443x280px) Image search: [Google]
419 - here we go.png
40KB, 443x280px
ANYWAY
>>
>>13546748
>>13546748

New Thread
>>
>>13546750
Why do you people always make new threads around page six?
>>
>>13546760
Because that's how we settled it.
>>
>>13546034
It's definitely there in Compact 3.

Actually pretty damn high-powered too - just crippled by being Melee (none of the available Gundam pilots have a higher melee stat than ranged) and costing 100 EN (if you fully upgrade EN I think you can get around 350)
Thread posts: 404
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.