[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good modern science books that bring you up to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Are there any good modern science books that bring you up to speed on modern scientific discoveries?
>>
>>8783941
this is /lit/. we only do philosophy.
>>
>>8783941
MY
>>
>>8783941
What discipline? Science is too vast for modern discoveries to be truncated into a single book without losing massive amounts of content. Any single serious scientific exploration requires an entire book to fully elucidate, so even if one were to read the equivalent to "modern biological discoveries for dummies" all nuance would be lost, and you would be left with a reduction of content less useful than a day's worth of wikipedia-chaining the field.
>>
File: 1752110.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1752110.png
21KB, 400x400px
>>8783941

>sex is a basic need

no wonder we can't get any of those higher needs
>>
>>8784040
>breathing, food, water, sex, sleep, homeostasis, excretion

The rest is pretty much all I do
>>
>>8784043
Jerk it off and climb the ladder to the next rung of "Get a job," loser.
>>
>>8784033
I'm interested in knowing how the unified theory of the universe is coming along. I hear that there's a new theory that says that einstein was basically wrong. Also, string theory sounds rather interesting too, I know that it predicts that all matter in the universe is basically determined by the frequency at which energy vibrates on a sub atomic level.
>>
>>8784070
>Basically Einstein was wrong

About what? I get a strong impression that you don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>8783941
go to hell posi bitch
>>
>>8784070
I will abandon here all pretenses of knowing what the fuck I am talking about. I would refer you to Brian Greene and Stephen Hawking, whose books I have gifted to friend with these interests, and which they have enjoyed. Apparently Greene in particular has a knack for explaining the quantum world without slipping into pop science oversimplification.
>>
>>8784070
Really just the most embarrassing post on /lit/. No wonder you're all closet """positivists"""
>>
>>8784040
The really depressing part is that "sexual intimacy" is below "self-esteem" in the pyramid; but achieving sexual intimacy without self-esteem is virtually impossible.
>>
>>8784130
Yeah, I'm not a scientist, you caught me. My life is a lie.
>>
>>8784070
>Also, string theory sounds rather interesting too, I know that it predicts that all matter in the universe is basically determined by the frequency at which energy vibrates on a sub atomic level.
There are (maybe were now) some lovely string theory lectures from Stanford online. It's really more about energy and scale: quantum mechanics is low energy small things, and string theory is high energy small things. Similarly, dark energy is low energy big things and general relativity is high energy big things.
>>
>>8784173
>>>/fit/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/pol/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.