[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ military enlistment general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 40

File: 1502914962134.jpg (462KB, 1011x1413px) Image search: [Google]
1502914962134.jpg
462KB, 1011x1413px
ptsd edition

Previous meg
>>35100616

>Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

>http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
File: 1504731937288.jpg (59KB, 887x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1504731937288.jpg
59KB, 887x1024px
>>35126710
Yes. You are very obviously in denial. And I'll never know how slutty they are since I've never gotten the truth from any but my sister.
>>
>>35126697
>>35126710
>I'm thinking that I won't be gone 24/7/365 unless on deployment. What do YOU think I'm getting myself into?
I KNOW what youre getting into cause unlike you ive actually been in. And when you deploy youre gon for a long period of time and it could happen frequently as well. You simply dont know.
>>
Shitbag here. Can anyone confirm if the Preparation-H and Saran Wrap trick still works?
>>
I want to join the U.S. Navy and serve on a Destroyer but I'm not American. Is it possible?
>>
To the guy concerned about his relationship last thread; don't take the people here seriously. I guarantee you all of them are/were enlisted and saw many trashy couples come and go. You are going the be an Officer, the culture and quality of people are much different. My dad was an officer in the Army for 28 years and was happily married the whole time. Most officers have successful marriages. Enlisted are barely better than degenerate normies most of the time, so they have a very biased outlook on military relationships. Ignore them.
>>
>>35126764
Didn't I just mention the possibility of being deployed? It seems like you're not too bright and that I shouldn't listen to you.
>>35126748
The truth regarding what? All women being sluts? I'm not in denial, I just have experience that contradicts what a rando on the internet says about my girlfriend and female family members, but I suppose you can just say that's "denial" lmao.
>>
>>35126915
Thanks guy, it really does seem that most of the enlisted types get in with bad girls.
>>
>>35126710
see
>>35126915
>>
>>35126927
If she's that rich dude don't do it.

The Coast Guard is better anyways. Instead of lots of training for a shitty deployment where you see action for all of a few minutes out of the months of suck, you can be machine gunning drug smuggler boats every damn week. And "deployments" are like 2 weeks at a time.
>>
>>35126918
>Didn't I just mention the possibility of being deployed? It seems like you're not too bright and that I shouldn't listen to you.
i know you idiot im saying its guranteed. You know what fuck you tough you smart ass. Your wife is going to be getting railed while youre away.
>>35126915
>>35126927
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/aug/07/why-uss-cowpens-co-gombert-savage-fired/
Thats a complete meme. Officers are just as shitty. Those were my Co and Xo and they were fucking eachother the entire time. eat shit idiots.
>>
>>35126960
Nice anecdote retard. Are you really going to argue that Officers and Enlisted have the same divorce rate? kys
>>
>ITT young men aged 18-22 argue about why their young college and high school aged girlfriends that they've been dating for 7 months are slutty once they leave for a 10 month deployment
>>
>>35126960
Holy fuck, you're so mad. Of course military wives/girlfriends cheat, but that doesn't mean EVERY girl does.
>>
>>35126674
Looking to join. Hoping for BM or IT.
>>
>>35127009
https://heartiste.wordpress.com/

okay brah guess all the statistics this guy compiles mean you've found a unicorn and know how to keep her loyal
>>
>>35127026
1) I'm not the original guy you were arguing with
2) unless you can point out a statistic that shows that 100% of women cheat, you have not definitive proof that every woman cheats.
>>
>>35126960
>You know what fuck you tough you smart ass
Lmao you're actually retarded, huh?
>>
>>35127042
It's less that every girl cheats, and more that every girl WILL cheat if given the opportunity.
>>
>>35127026
What statistics? That blog post is near incomprehensible rambling.
>>
>>35126697
Took the asvab a month ago and did well, 87 afqt , 120+ line scores

If you dont have much time to study definitely bone up in math and vocabulary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0brxMViHuk&t=2s [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLHEJWe_0kI&t=14643s [Embed]

these are pretty good, the majority is not on the test but its good to get used to the subject matter (formulas, Orders of operations, variables, fractions etc. )

some anon posted a thread ( Thanks man ) with this practice website that had me learn a few new problems that were on the test to my relief.

http://asvabpracticetestonline.com/

If you have more time to prepare , delve into the other subjects more deeply. In my opinion the ASVAB for dummies book ( though I didnt use that book specifically ) is worth the money seeing as it will aid a score that will determine what you are going to do for the next 4+ years of your life.

goodluck fellas
>>
>>35127117
And how do you know this? Do you feel the same about men?
>>
>>35127073
What do you have to prove to angry betas on 4chan? You sure aren't going to find any optimism here. It's up to you to decide if your relationship is healthy enough to last.

>>35127005
this.
>>
File: Capt._Greg_Gombert_t600.png (156KB, 329x358px) Image search: [Google]
Capt._Greg_Gombert_t600.png
156KB, 329x358px
>>35126960
lol
>>
>>35127117
There's literally no statistic you have that proves this, outside of your personal blog you just posted.

In fact, studies show that men are significantly more sexually driven than women are. In your twisted little world, will EVERY man cheat given the opportunity? Of course not, so why would you think women would?
>>
>>35127159
>outside of your personal blog you just posted.
And to be clear, the blog had absolutely no statistics on it either.
>>
>>35127001
>Nice anecdote retard
thats exactly what you did as well retard.
Show me the rate of divorce for both please.
>>35127009
I realize that im saying the odds arent in your favor.
>>35127073
haha typo got me haha
>>35127159
>>35127179
No one is saying every single one will but most will. Men and women alike. You people should not be posting unless youve actually been in the military cause you white knight idiots dont know what a deployement is even like.
>>
>>35127139
Nothing, it just feels good to be validated when I feel that I've been attacked. It's hard with anonymous posting because you have no frame of reference.
>>
>itt
denial: not just a river in egypt
>>
>>35127222
>No one is saying every single one will but most will.
Where's the stats? I've been in for a while now and the only people I see cheating are kids who have been dating for less than a year.
>>
>>35127252
>I've been in for a while now
Have you ever deployed? Whats your branch and mos? If you havent deployed youre a joke. The stats come from going on deployement and seeing literally everyone you know hooking up with other people. Seeing is believing.
>>
>>35127222
>You people should not be posting unless youve actually been in the military cause you white knight idiots dont know what a deployement is even like.
It's not white knighting saying that not every women cheats. And have you not seen the type of women that military men date/marry? It's not exactly like they're going after great girls. Did it not occur to you that shitty choice in women is a huge factor into how faithful they are?
>>
>>35126697
>Navy Enlisted Nuke
What exactly is that?
>>
>>35127314
Hell
>>
>>35127286
I agree with ervything you said. None of that disproves what I said in fact it enhances it.
Most people are married to shitty women and are shitty people themselves. That buttresses my point that most cheat dude.
But again, teh whole reason i posted >>35126960
is to show its not just that. The higher ups sleep around with eachother to. Wife swapping is an open secret in the upper enlsited/officer community. Again youd know this if you were actually in.
Again, no one is saying its guranteed 100% that you or her will cheat.
HOWEVER
When youve been gone for 7 months straight, that russian whore starts looking real good to relieve some stress same as that hot bartender starts looking real good to your wife.
>>35127314
google it dude, either way its a job you definitely dont want
>>
>>35127314
Best deal in the Navy :^)
>>
File: navy nuke.png (414KB, 949x2587px) Image search: [Google]
navy nuke.png
414KB, 949x2587px
>>35127314
>>
>>35127366
Read it, didn't make sense.
>>35127338
Googled it. Makes sense now.
>>
>>35127338
You and I are arguing two completely different things then. I thought you were the guy predicting gloom and doom for that one guy's relationship, just because most military relationships go bad.
>>
>>35127396
>predicting gloom and doom for that one guy's relationship, just because most military relationships go bad
Do you realize again you are making my point for me?
If most women cheat, assuming his will too is a safe bet. Being brutally honest based off experience is fair. Adn that very worst he'll be made privy to the warning signs and keep a look out for it.
>>
>>35127366
Don't they wear protection onboard?
>>
File: military insignia.jpg (16KB, 256x300px) Image search: [Google]
military insignia.jpg
16KB, 256x300px
I want to work with the most lethargic, fat, nasally-voiced, Reddit-topic discussing, passive-aggressive pieces of shit the world has ever seen.

I want to be part of a team where nothing gets done. I want to think about holiday parties all day and all year.

I want to be among the People of Wal-Mart. I want to have an unwarranted sense of self-worth, even though I can't do my job well. I want to blame everyone else for why I suck. I want to be part of an organization that advertises itself as highly technical, when they manage to come dead-last at job proficiency compared to the rest of the military.

What military branch gives me this chance?
>>
>>35127425
Oh and which job in that said branch would give me this experience?
>>
>>35127425
>>35127440
AF SARC
>>
>>35127425
>>35127440
NSA, preferably senior officer. If a terrorist attack ever strikes the U.S. you only need to pretend and say "we knew about him since years ago". Then make a fake Facebook page and delete it and say the terrorist declared his intentions on his Facebook page which since has been deleted.
>>
>>35127418
>If most women cheat, assuming his will too is a safe bet.
This is flawed logic. We both agree that most military wives/GFs are trashy, which contributes to their lack of fidelity. Deployments give them a better opportunity to cheat, but pretty much all of them are cheaters, deployment or not. I've never met his girl, so I have no idea what she's like. If he feels like his girlfriend is loyal, moral, and not promiscuous then the military most likely isn't going to change that. If she isn't loyal or moral, and/or is promiscuous, then she was going to cheat on him regardless if he's in the military or not.
>>
>>35127527
>If he feels like his girlfriend is loyal, moral, and not promiscuous then the military most likely isn't going to change that
They all feel that way. Ive never met anyone who got cheated on and said hell ya i knew it was coming. I knew she was a cheater but married her anyway.
>>
>>35127554
I meant to add "and if he's right about it". Yes, the feeling alone doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>35127571
>I meant to add "and if he's right about it"
well obviously thats the gamble. Is he right.
>>
File: OW.jpg (39KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
OW.jpg
39KB, 852x480px
If I want a career in the military, what are good MOS' or positions to go for?
>>
>>35127641
Infantry
>>
>>35127001
>Nice anecdote retard. Are you really going to argue that Officers and Enlisted have the same divorce rate? kys
You're ignoring that with officers, especially male officers, there's career pressure to get and stay married that may override infidelity. For a commissioned officer it looks much worse for your dirty laundry to get aired and get a divorce than it would for an enlisted man.

That doesn't exist as much for enlisted, though in my experience there is some expectation generally that if you're dating someone for more than a year there's an expectation of marriage. But I've encountered that outside of the Army as well.
>>
>>35127641
AF or Navy if you don't want to die.
>>
>>35127657
Are you being serious about this? Because I don't have any ambitions in the civilian world. I don't want to be stuck mopping floor for 4 years.
>>
>>35127117
>It's less that every girl cheats, and more that every girl WILL cheat if given the opportunity.

This isn't falsifiable, thus it's on the level of astrology and can be disregarded.
>>
>>35127641
>>35127668
There is no such thing as "good". What do you actually want to do? what are your interests? What are you looking to get out of the military?
>>
>>35127689
>what do you want to do
Any engineering job where I can work with weapons would be nice. Or learning to operate armor.
>>
whats the most pleasant job that has no paperwork?
>>
>>35127770
>Or learning to operate armor
By armor do you mean a tank? Go be an abrams operator then.
>>35127788
every job at least has some paperwork sometimes.
>>
>>35127788
All of the jobs have paperwork.

The military is a bureaucracy, everything has a form, or TO attached to it.
>>
File: businessfags.jpg (306KB, 1732x1155px) Image search: [Google]
businessfags.jpg
306KB, 1732x1155px
What military jobs are essentially corporate jobs?

I want to be in constant danger of losing my job for offending a female, a man who wants to be female, or a male who was raised by a single mother.
>>
>>35127816
Yes I meant a tank. But what's the chance of me ever being deployed and actually driving a tank?
This is America after all.
>>
Is it possible to join the U.S. military if you're an eurofag?
>>
>>35127845
Officer in any branch but AF is probably the closest
>>
>>35127849
I mean anything is possible. If deployment is your main goal there are better routes sure.
>>
File: 1497072271898.jpg (291KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497072271898.jpg
291KB, 800x800px
>>35127845
sounds like most supply/support jobs desu, we had a sexual harassment training that basically said if you have a sports illustrated calendar in your cubicle with swimsuit models it amounts to sexual harassment because muh offensivenss
>>
>>35127657
Do you get anything from being a ranger, green beret or CCT,any transferable skills? If I meet the requirements should i consider going for army pilot instead?
>>
>>35127917
CCT gives you air traffic control certification Green Beret gives you foreign language. Rangers gives you good medical experience if you are a medic.
>>
File: banaynay.png (2MB, 927x990px) Image search: [Google]
banaynay.png
2MB, 927x990px
>>35127001

ya'know most officers in relationships meet at service academies and such since you got a bunch of 17-21 y/o hanging out in the same place for 4 years, wheras most enlisted of the same age end up with stripper sally they met at the strip club right off base so that they can get that sweet e2 BAH and not live in the barracks

>>35126960
oh shit, I remember you from a previous thread, you said that the chick used to hang out in her pajamas all day or something right?
>>
>>35127980
>ou said that the chick used to hang out in her pajamas all day or something right?
Whenever wed be walking around at night wed see her in short shorts and a wife beater coming in and out of his stateroom. Sketchy as fuck at the time, we all knew what was going on obviously.
>>
File: 1501775070104.jpg (36KB, 424x564px) Image search: [Google]
1501775070104.jpg
36KB, 424x564px
who gets the least paperwork? infantrymen surely?
>>
>>35127917

>Green beret

Not a specific job, different jobs will have different transferable skills.

>Ranger

Not a specific job, different jobs will have different transferable skills.
>>
>>35126918
m8...

I dont know what else to tell you. Jody is always out there. I get that you think that your relationship and shit is different and special. But its not.

You can have faith in your lady, but pretending that its not a significant risk factor is going full retard.
>>
>>35128007

Everyone catches a desk if they're in for any length of time.

Teenagers tend to be really worried about "paperwork" when they're thinking of joining the military. That's idiocy. Anyone who has actually been in will tell you that they'll take paperwork over the other kinds of busywork the military will make you do.

The alternative to a job with paperwork is never cool shit like shooting more, it just means the rest of your time is spent sweeping and standing around in the sun.
>>
>>35126906
Short answer, no fucking shot. Even if u got your citizenship it's still a bunch of hoops and shit and then they will say your EQIP was unsatisfactory, if you could even get a recruiter to talk to you.
>>
>>35128116
RIP my hopes and dreams.
Oh well, thanks for answering my question.
>>
>>35127016
You can probably get whatever you want, if a recruiter is saying otherwise just tell him your fine waiting and magically he will have a spot for you out of nowhere within a week. If not tho and if he's being a fuckwit just find a new recruiter, coastguard is pretty over saturated at all times because it's a cooshy job without being as military as the rest so some recruiters don't waste their time.

Bm is pretty solid, u get a lot of bitch jobs tho up until you are e4 or 5. If you go in BM try to get on the boarding team it will make time go by faster and give you some real work to do on ships, it's mostly BMs anyways.

As for IT do you mean IS or IST? IT isn't a rate
>>
>>35128042
>>35127917
Out of the occupations listed including heli pilot which is most likely to deploy and do task that fit the job description so to speak? For SF i don't thing you get to pick your specialization but i may be wrong on that, for ranger I'm mainly interested in infantry.
>>
>>35128174

I'm not that guy, but I've certainly heard of IT being a rate in the Coast Guard.

https://www.gocoastguard.com/active-duty-careers/enlisted-opportunities/view-job-descriptions/rate/IT
>>
>>35126872
Plz halp
>>
>>35128211

Pilots and SF almost always have work, but how much depends on their AOR. Rangers have work a lot more often than conventional units, but not to the extent of SF.
>>
>>35127641
For making a career out of it I suggest the coast guard heavily, the average time in is higher than any other branch (8 years). You also have small and far between deployments especially if you rank up the best you can. ET is currently an undermanned rate at higher ranks so you can shoot through the ranks easier, it also has a $10k signing bonus. You get e4 after your guaranteed A School which is usually as close to bootcamp as they can't get it, so you will be petty officer third class in about 8 months. If you were going the officer route maybe try the AF they have some easy ass complacent jobs.
>>
>>35128235

Prep-H had a formula change in the US years ago. The stuff you get now will not shrink your skin. Sleeping in plastic will still make you sweat, which can shed weight/inches, but you'd be better off using a sauna or running for that.

Or you could just lose weight without trying to rely on tricks.
>>
>>35127016

coastie here, IT is a rate, IS is a rate, vastly different, IS usually has a wait time of 4 years, no guarantee of wait time, same wait time with IT, with the CG though, anybody with the appropriate ASVAB can go to any job if they are willing ot wait it out as a n e3 long enough... If you want a guarantee, there are a few jobs that you can get fast tracked into going boot-to-A with because they need you, also sweet bonusses, but usually those are jobs like OS (think radioman or 911 dispatch) or CS (aka FS) who are cooks

>IT does computers, they have a cyber division, but think of yourself as tech support/sysadmin/ and wire installer (i once had to explain to one what an Ethernet cable was since he could not figure out how to connect the computer to the wall)

IS is intel, they have everything from HUMINT/SIGINT/CRYPTO, but those jobs are highly sought after, they even get aviation qualled to gather aerial intel

If you really want any job in the coast guard, make e3, go to PATFORSWA (shore side is a cakewalk) and 365 days later you can go to any school you want to. BMs are e2/3 babysitters until e5 unless you go to a small unit or are a surfman or work lots of SAR cases

also AMA
>>
File: 1496805310414.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1496805310414.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
>>35126872

WHAT FOR?
>>
>>35128254
What about CCT?
>>
>>35127866
Nah senpai, join the Royal Navy bootcamp ends when you can fit 3 RCO cocks in your ass.
>>
>>35128145
Sorry m8, can you join the military of your own land?
>>
File: cguniform-med.jpg (180KB, 292x409px) Image search: [Google]
cguniform-med.jpg
180KB, 292x409px
>>35126945

>he doesn't know that NSCs travel the world for months at a time

can confirm machine gunning drug boats is very naiiiice
>>
>>35128222
Oh I'm retarded, it's Information System Technician, could've sworn they were IST's my bad.
>>
>>35128279
MEPS in less than 12 hours. I am 1/2 inch over.
>>
Any britfags hanging about?

I went to uni because I thought it would give me better chances of being accepted for a commission, deus I fell in with a bunch of hippies who convinced me not to join the army.

Cut to two years later, working a fairly ok sales job on the weekend, manual labour when they need me, and making a movie with some buddies doing an MA.

I'm fuggin bored senpai, looking at enlisting when the movie's done.

Fist option, wander into recruitment office, can I be an officer pls?

Second, can I be a dog handler? I like dogs and tracking specialisation looks like fun kek.

Second, can I be a marine officer pls?

What to expect? What would you suggest? Gimme info I'm tired of browsing armjobs.gov fugg
>>
File: 1497553454901.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497553454901.gif
1MB, 300x200px
how do I jelq properly, i already failed the first penis inspection and they told me they will prosecute me if i fail again
>>
>>35128270
Current bonuses are ET, OS, FS ($10k, $10k, $20k)
>>
>>35128342
Stop fapping to loli hentai it'll make your Benis bigger and healthier
>>
>>35128345

I think DC still has at least guaranteed A up until the end of FY17 if you want to learn to weld and fight fires and get CBRN training

also FY17 HAS AUTOMATIC 2K JUST FOR JOINING do it anon
>>
>>35128369
but if jelquing works because you are "stretching" the tissue, wouldn't MORE jerking off mean a bigger penor?
>>
>>35128270
Different guy but I was wondering if I'm going to bootcamp Nov 14 - Jan 14, then I have A School starting at early Feb where am I going to be for those 20ish days in between.

Also if I lied at MEPS what are the odds of them actually pulling medical records through the EQIP and disqualifying me?
>>
File: 1500859664409.jpg (110KB, 618x586px) Image search: [Google]
1500859664409.jpg
110KB, 618x586px
>>35128378

unless your jerking off consists of yanking yor benis back and forth, you are probably just applying friction to the head and shaft, which at most will cause a friction burn if you do it too much
>>
>>35128374
I don't get the $2k for finishing bootcamp since I went ET, but I get $10k after I finish A School.
>>
>>35128303
The most exciting gun I'd ever get to fire if I did would be a Glock 17 (well, possibly a Vietnam-era M16, but they only use those for basic weapon familiarization) and nothing exciting ever happens here anyway.
>>
>>35128384
>Also if I lied at MEPS what are the odds of them actually pulling medical records through the EQIP and disqualifying me?

I honestly have no clue, I have not met anybody who got kicked for having lied though, so IDK what the probability of that is.

>>35128384
Depends, what rate are you going?

A schools are Petaluma CA or yorktown VA unless aviation, which you probably are not doing w/ boot to A, in between you are authorized to take 10 days leave (but you go in the hole and owe work time) which honestly isnt bad, I have been constantly loosing leave I never used since +60 of leave days for years now

I chose to go to A school early, they just made me hand out with the MAA people where I basically just waited for classes to start, if they keep you at cape may for the time, expect to basically be a janitor or they might have you help out with the cutters or shore units theri as extra help, I might be able to tell you if you can provide more info
>>
>>35128421

I hope you want a female child and like radios... are you going to go be a weapons ET and work on the 57 or the CIWS? then good luck on making rank...

(if you cant tell, i envy your kind... getting all the money and sweet vacation stations like hawaii shoreside or florida or comfy comm stations or other secret squirrel jobs)

also for some reason ETs have a disproportionate rate of having daughters, perhaps because of all the EM radiation they are exposed to

also petaluma has all the qt3.14 chicks going HS (which are just EMTs/corpsman) and all the FS students, so you might get good food
>>
>>35128459
I'm going ET, I'm pretty sure my A School is the one in VA. So right from bootcamp could I go to the school early and just be a janitor for that time (this is what I want I really don't want to head back home at all).
>>
File: 1504656862197.jpg (354KB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
1504656862197.jpg
354KB, 1280x856px
>>35128263
Thanks anon. But can anyone else vouch for this?
>>
>>35128509
This is also me btw
>>35128515
But yeah the start date of the school in CA given this year overlapped my bootcamp so he told me it was VA or just wait. Hope it ain't too bad. Also do you know how I will actually be stationed, being that the "dream sheet" is filled in bootcamp and I won't be going anywhere till 6 months later.
>>
>>35126918
So you're just that special, huh? Well, alright, we'll just see how it works out. You have been thoroughly warned.
>>
MEPS says my balls are haunted, how do I fix this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2_JsiQ8iYY
>>
>>35128515

The ET school is in CA, but if you go weapons ET you get to hang out with all the GMs and PCSd to Yorktown while you undergo training on the weapon systems

at petaluma you will learn great skills like not electrocuting yourself and climbing ladders and radio towers...

you get to specify during admin week what you want to do, you could get a plane ticket the day you graduate ad go straight to CA with all your gear, and just report in early, or they might tell you to wait it out at cape may (unlikely)...

showing up early is a great idea (i have done it every time i have PCSd, and you get a head start on what to do at your unit, they might even let you help out with the ET school so you would be a janitor, but for the ETs so you get to meet your instructors and get brownie points, also volunteer for things, because you will probably get more favorable picks for subsequent units after A
>>
>>35128520
pefect setting for max payne 1
>>
File: hqdefault copy 4.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault copy 4.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>35128571
suck the evil ghosts out
>>
File: e82.jpg (131KB, 558x844px) Image search: [Google]
e82.jpg
131KB, 558x844px
Would it be stupid to become a light wheeled vehicle mechanic in the National Guard if you don't intend to become a mechanic on the civilian side? I'm a high school teacher but I enjoy working on cars.
>>
File: 1364120856768.png (7KB, 247x281px) Image search: [Google]
1364120856768.png
7KB, 247x281px
>used to be really gung ho about earning a commission with the Marines
>the more I'm around Marines, the more I see that them being dumber than bricks is accurate and not just a meme
>"So why did you join the Marines?"
>"Because this fucking uniform is BAD. ASS."

I think I dodged a bullet. Now it's just between the Navy and the Army.
>>
>>35128557

who is your recruiter by any chance? because ET school is definitely in CA, unless you mean EM, which is electrician school, you get all kinds of college credit, but it is one of the longest A schools at yorktown VA... i was there over the winter, saw all of about 5 people on base while everyone was away for the holidays

if you go to yorktown, you usually get a composite class rank for an A school dream sheet where class score+fitness score (how much you work out every week on an honor system)+volunteer points+ class leadership points (if you go class MAA which means you check rooms to make sure barracks rooms are not shit and get TP for your restrooms) you get ranked, number 1 in class picks first, 2 gets second pick etc.
>>
>>35128601
Same here anon. I'm no genius but jesus christ are the marines some idiots. I would not be able to handle being around them.
>>
>>35128621
I'm seriously pushing for the Pinks and Greens in the Army to make a come back so we can take away literally everything else then have except MUH CORPS.
>>
>>35128576
I have to check again, everything I looked up said I would be going to CA but my recruiter said VA. And to be honest I haven't read half of the shit I've been signing. Should I just ask my recruiter when I go back for the pre PFT.
>>
>>35128557

pro tip
>pick obscure units that give you all kinds of extra "C" schools
>>
>>35128618
My recruiter is in Newark NJ
>>
>>35128636

what rate is your recruiter?
>please say BM
>>
>>35128661
I wanna say MT but I'm not 100%, he's not a BM tho, and he just made chief.
>>
>>35128677

you mean an AMT? probably has no clue where EM or ET go

guy went to http://www.forcecom.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/FORCECOM-UNITS/ATTC/

here is yorktown http://www.forcecom.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/FORCECOM-UNITS/TraCen-Yorktown/Training/

http://www.forcecom.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/FORCECOM-UNITS/TraCen-Petaluma/Training/
>>
File: oi.jpg (37KB, 306x464px) Image search: [Google]
oi.jpg
37KB, 306x464px
Is there any time in the military where I can bang college girls or is that just a fantasy made up by horny closeted gays?
>>
>>35128729
We'll now I'm fucking worried m8, he told me there were only 2 more A School dates being given for a long time and he gave me the later one which he said was in VA, so if I miss it will I get fucked over and thrown into another rate? My recruiter seemed like a decent dude and happy that I was going ET cuz I did well on my ASVAB. So is there no way you can take ET school in VA.
>>
>>35128601
>>35128621
>>35128632
see future marine >>35128827
Stereotypes exist for a reason
>>
>>35128860
No I'm serious.
>>
>>35128827

As a coastie stationed in a college town, can confirm ability to bang college chicks exists
>>
>>35128870
I know you are thats the problem
>>
>>35128833

nope, if you are going to EM school (VA) you basically learn to work on wiring/generators and electrical systems, if you are going ET (CA) you learn to work on radar/radios, just figure out which it is. They wont make you choose a new rate, but they may make you wait it out for a while until next class starts (i had a friend who waited 5 months to go to school since the next class didnt start until then) after a while they let him sit in on classes because they had nothing better for him to do
>>
File: 2A8AwnM.jpg (170KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
2A8AwnM.jpg
170KB, 500x486px
Just signed a 12b contract with 5k bonus. What's Missouri like . Leaving in about 30days . Any other 12b here that could tell me some stuff about that mos. That might be good to know before I leave
>>
File: 1501991286385.png (195KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1501991286385.png
195KB, 309x323px
>>35128422
>I will never enter boot camp
>I will never be yelled at a Drill Instructor while doing PT
>I will never learn to shoot and maintain an M16/M4 or an M9/P320
>I will never be assigned to a destroyer as a seaman recruit
>I will never be able to wear my NWU with pride
>I will never be able to do drills onboard
>I will never be assigned to a task onboard
>I will never get an berthing area
>I will never be required to scrub the decks
>I will never be able to eat in the mess hall with bros
>I will never be able to work out or play sports together with bros when off-duty
>I will never be able to become a NEX regular
>I will never learn the layout of my ship
>I will never become more efficient in doing my task and scrubbing the decks
>I will never eventually reach Petty Officer
>I will never pass on the skills I've learned to new recruits
>I will never become that cool senpai to the men
I've got nothing to live for in this country, I really should have been born an American.
>>
>>35128980
I'm definitely ET my recruiter has sent me 2 text regarding me going for ET A School and I've signed a paper confirming my $10k ET signing bonus and e4 status after school. And he said I'm approved for A School starting on 2/12/18. I can't find where in emails or texts so I guess he told me on the phone but it was something like "you're not going to be able to go to A School in CA but I got you in for VA (not even 100% sure it was VA but it wasn't CA, maybe West Virginia or North/South Carolina or some shit). Do y
>>
>>35129058
What nationality are you?
Just join the army or something m8.
>>
>>35129058
Quite some US patriotism for a foreigner... you trying to come to US? Why haven't you yet? Idk how young you still are but after 7 years of being a citizen you could prob get into the military.
>>
>>35128997
I'm not a 12b but I went to basic at fort Leonard wood. I can say there is absolutely nothing there. It blows
>>
What does the path to getting into the 75th look like? Do you enlist directly as a Ranger or do you join as a regular army and go to ranger school/rasp after basic?
>>
>>35129111
Either or but enlisting with a ranger contract/option 40 is the only guaranteed wat of getting into RASP
>>
>>35128268
>Prep-H had a formula change in the US years ago. The stuff you get now will not shrink your skin.
But that's not what the tube says.
>>
File: 2017.png (97KB, 952x940px) Image search: [Google]
2017.png
97KB, 952x940px
>>35129069

ME goes to charleston SC
aviation goes to elizabeth city
GM EM MST DC go to VA
SK YN ET OS HS go to CA

i think he might be lying to you, hopefully he didnt make you sign up for EM to make a quota or something

pic related is good until the end of FY 17, this is the message that states where signing bonuses come from (snipped)
>>
>>35129358

looks like either way you will get your $10k, but you may or may not end up radar tech/ commo or electrician
>>
Can I survive in the military without drinking
>>
>>35129375
No, a normal human dies of dehydration without any source of water after three days.
>>
>>35129387

underrated post,

good thing I always autistically carry my camel pack
>>
>>35129387
ok carlos but what about drinking alcohol
>>
>>35129443
>he doesn't drink
>>
>>35129090
I'm 23, which means that I'd be past my prime even if I applied and received citizenship this year also and near the upper age limit for recruitment regardless. Getting recruited through green card/permanent residence visa is a bad idea since I know it's hard it obtain them.
>>
>>35129460
>he uses the liquid Jew
>>
>>35129358
>SK YN ET OS
>SKYNET OS
I knew it!
>>
Is being short still a requirement for being a tanker?
>>
>>35129602
This.
>>
>>35129602
>>35129831
Baptists detected
>>
thinking about enlisting to CBRN. is there anything i should know?
>>
>>35129358
>>35129372
Fuck me, fucking shitting cunt. If I'm an EM I'm going to be fucking livid. Well I haven't actually DEP'd in I don't think, I released my EQIP to my recruiter but I don't think he's releasing it until 9/13 this Wednesday. I'm going to MEPS Brooklyn on Wednesday at 6:00am to do a weigh in/swear in and sign papers with the CG liaison there. Is it too late if I already signed the papers with my recruiter though and gave him my contract prep package and shit?
>>
>>35129474
Damn. Well you can always be one of those homeless people who wear fake military shit and beg for money saying they were special ops, secret service, nam veteran, marine snipers.
>>
File: enlistment contract.jpg (182KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
enlistment contract.jpg
182KB, 720x960px
>>35129996

you sign for your rate at MEPS if im not mistaken, make sure you read over everything at MEPS, they tried to get me to enlist for 12 years, until i reiterated i was signing a 6 year with 4 year reserves , if you sign 6, you get automatic rank up to e3, same if you have a degree, your contract should specify
>what pay grade/rank you are enlisting as
>how many years you are going into (the number of active years matters, as that is how long you are obligating physical time to the military
>any bonuses that you were promised
>what you need to do to get those bonuses (i.e. when, completion of "a" school)
>and a guaranteed spot at your school upon completion of boot

really this goes for all branches
>>
File: actua lcontract info.png (120KB, 948x896px) Image search: [Google]
actua lcontract info.png
120KB, 948x896px
>>35130112

I was mistaken, here is the actual way to fill this out http://www.militarytruth.org/storage/DDForm4_Enlistment_Contract_Oct2007-highlighted.pdf
>>
If Lt.Col. commander battalions what do Col. do?
>>
>>35130112
>>35130183
Thanks man, yeah I think I might have some fixing to do. My recruiter even told me to ignore some of the language on one of the pages. If he tried to fuck anything up it's going to be hella awkward after I fix it too lol.
>>
File: 1500089595251.jpg (88KB, 846x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500089595251.jpg
88KB, 846x960px
Is anybody familiar with WOFT? Do you need a college degree? From what I have read, you compete with people for a slot. Is it not as simple as meeting requirements and signing a contract?
>>
>>35130183
I don't see MOS anywhere on these tho
>>35130297
>>
>>35130335
Bump. Have my associate's idk if i should get my bachelor's to be more competitive not just for entry but for aircraft selection
>>
>>35129814
no, the cut off is 6'2"
>>
>>35129995

It's a garbage job, don't do it.
>>
>>35130294

Colonels generally command BDE sized elements and serve on higher-level staff.
>>
>>35130525
>BDE
Then what do Brigadiers command?
>>
>>35130604

Garrison command is often an O-7 position (in charge of an Army post but no particular unit). They also serve as subordinate commanders to an O-8 (Major General) who is in charge of a Division-sized element. When it comes to general officers, there's a ton of slots that don't really map to line units. The military has hundreds of various managerial organizations, many of which are led by a 1 or 2 star general officer that doesn't really have a "unit" they command.

There's also even higher-level staff elements that general officers serve on, it just depends on the echelon you're at. If you go all the way up to the Pentagon not even 1-star generals are bigshots, they're just sitting on the staff assisting an even higher ranking general.
>>
>>35130604

To be clear, Brigadier Generals almost never command brigades. If you see one in charge of a brigade it's usually a bad sign for their career.
>>
>>35130463
So you do need some type of degree to be competitive? You can't just walk in and meet the requirements to get a slot in WOFT?
>>
>>35130910
From what i read on the OP link you should be able too but I'm not sure how competitive it is once you're in so I'm in the same situation looking for more info.
>>
Is it possible to have sex at bootcamp?
>>
>>35131231
yes, the military will fuck you every day.
>>
>>35131231

I've heard of people being NJP'd for that shit. Just suck it up and don't do it.
>>
>>35131231
I've gone without sex for 22 years, you can go without sex for a few months you weak faggot
>>
>>35131348
aight noted
>>35131383
Damn man, do wizards get a signing bonus? (Also sorry for being such a weak faggot senpai)
>>
>>35129058
All of that stuff blows ass.
T. veteran
>>
>>35131457
>Damn man, do wizards get a signing bonus?
Enlisted might, but officers don't. You do get a nice pointed cover at the end though.
>(Also sorry for being such a weak faggot senpai)
It's okay anon. Boot camp will break and reform you.
>>
Which SOFs deploys the most?
>>
>>35129058
start a civil war in your cunt and we'll send in the boys to train and arm you
>>
>>35130353

MOS will be your rating or rate school ,the part just below the section in B.8 where the highlighter is written, there are two lines where it will be filled in
>>
>>35131609

CCT is in the highest demand afaik.
>>
>>35130335
>>35130463

>Is anybody familiar with WOFT?
yes
>Do you need a college degree?
technically no
>From what I have read, you compete with people for a slot.
sorta
> Is it not as simple as meeting requirements and signing a contract?
also sorta

you process in as enlisted, then get orders to WO school following boot camp, you need at leas t a certain amount of UNI credit, which can be accomplished traditionally or through CLEP, you submit a packet and go in front of a board, you also need recommendation letters, preferably from aviators and you need to pass a special flight aptitude test (i think still) in addition to scoring a pretty high asvab score

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
>>
>>35131231

well yes, it is possible, but you ave specific rules against it, and you can get NJPd while at boot camp specifically, also same as how they can do things to you that are called "hazing/bullying" in the not boot camp military

-10/10 would not recomend
>>
Would i stand out in a bad way in RASP and in battalion if im going in at 24-25 with a bachelors? I would prefer going for SF but i know is not advised to get an 18x contract
>>
>>35131839

Yes, but only because the fact that you're asking this question lets me know you're the kind of guy to make a big deal of it.

Nobody will give a shit about your age/education unless you let it be a thing worth talking about.
>>
>>35131839
you wont stand out and its advised against cause most 19 year olds who take it are un-prepared cod kids. You dont sound like that. So if you are actually in great shape go for it.
>>
>>35131839
You'd stand out for being that guy who would rather be in SF but was too stupid to pick the right contract.
>>
Should I enlist right after high school or do a 4 year degree first? I'm 18 and graduating this year.
>>
>>35132000
You should make your own decisions.
>>
>>35132000
how much money/responsibility do you want, scale if 1-10, if <5 then enlisted if greater than 5 officer
>>
>>35132000
What mos/rate you thinking of getting? Degree Major? Future career goal?
>>
>>35132057
I'm looking at majoring in either meteorology or physics, want to be an 11b though. Ideally I'd like to slay some bodies and do infantry stuff besides janitor duty but that depends on whether we have another war. I want to try for Rangers if possible. I'm not really looking for a career in the military but I'm open to all options.
>>
>>35132227
Any interest in being an officer? If no then I'd recommend enlisting first and get a option 40 ranger contract. Also you might want to look into AF SOWT it might help with a career in meteorology.
>>
Oh god, is the first ruck supposed to make your knees feel like absolute shit?
>>
File: 1492388923118.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1492388923118.gif
458KB, 256x256px
If I ever get deployed what kind of stuff will I be able to take or mail back home?
>>
>>35132867
Infantry? You signed away your knees and back to the devil
>>
Army fags I need your help. It has become a hot topic at my unit with a new sergeant that has no ones respect wanting full access to everyone's ERB, but not going through admin to get it. Is he actually authorized to require his soldiers to give him access to their AKO's or is he full of it? Keep in mind he's just a section leader.
>>
>>35133697
He also wants three months of LESs and to keep them in a binder on his person. It just seems kinda fishy, and like it would be against proper record keeping to hold onto what seems like would fall under confidential information.
>>
>>35128174
>>35128270
Thanks bros
>>
Anyone who knows anything about Special Forces, can you tell me about CIF companies?

Can you go straight into one out of the Q Course? Or is getting into one a long process?

Do they more often train foreign militaries in Direct Action or do DA themselves?

What are the biggest differences between a CIF company and a Ranger company?
>>
How much is non-rate pay for Coasties?
>>
>>35132894

War trophies are illegal and pretty harshly prosecuted. If you buy stuff legally you can send it home as long as it's stuff that is legal to have in the states.
>>
>>35131678
Thanks for all your help dude
>>
>>35133697
>>35133741

This was the standard in every unit I was in. First-line leaders were expected to police up ERBs/LESs from all their soldiers and keep an updated copy. This was both for situational awareness (leaders could tell if something was fucky) and convenience (just make a copy of the document every time it was necessary to submit it for a packet). Yeah, he could probably get it from S1, but this way of doing it definitely isn't uncommon.

>confidential information

Your ERB and LES are actually public documents and can be acquired by a FOIA request if someone really wanted to. What are you really worried about? Your SSN? Bad news for you, anon, the military already gives everyone your SSN constantly.
>>
>>35133984
Well most people are non rate for 2 years tops really. So your e2 paygrade out of bootcamp - e3 pay grade probably about 6 months after. If I'm not mistaken it's no different than rated peoples, but your life just sucks a hell of a lot more.
>>
Is it true they put bromine in the water to give you erectile dysfunction in the British army?
>>
>>35129474
Where the fuck are you from?
>>
IS It even worth It to enlist yourself if youre not planning on having a militar y career?
>>
>>35134380
Sure, you can build up $30-$50k if u try to save a lot. And since all your food and housing is taken care of it's not that difficult. Having some money in the bank is a great way to kickstart your civilian life. Not to mention the GI bill which even covers yellow ribbon private school, and all the while in school you get paid your achieved ranks BAH the whole time. It's basically a safe route through life getting money while finishing school and having some in the bank, if your intelligent enough and can afford school then maybe it's not as worth it tho.
>>
If I'm 6 foot and 140 pounds am I below any minimum weight requirements? I can do all the PFT stuff and I think I'm around 12% body fat but I'm just very light for some reason.
>>
>>35134361
Finland.
>>
>>35134756
eat a sandwich skeleton man
>>
>>35134756
AHHHHHHHHHG
>>
How much do National Guard/Reserves get paid?
>>
>>35134924
>>35134930
Do either of you know tho. I don't think I even look like emaciated. If you saw me in regular clothes on the street u wouldn't notice.
>>
Are there asian cuties in the Air Force? If there are, are they getting smashed by everyone else in the military already?
>>
Happy 9/11 guys
Remember what youre fight for!
>>
>>35135374
Any girl in any branch who is willing to fuck within the branch fucks a lot of dudes. Most girls have gay standards and only fuck civies, some will get in a relationship with other personal (not very common), and then you have the sluts.
>>
>>35135409
Israel?
>>
>>35134748

>all the while in school you get paid your achieved ranks BAH the whole time.

The Post-9/11 GI Bill pays MHA, which is roughly equal to E-5 BAH for the school's zip code. It's not based off your military rank.

The best way to use an enlistment to jumpstart a successful civilian life is to knock out as much college as possible while active duty and pick a job where the experience you're getting might actually matter. The goal should be to have a degree and 3-5 years experience by the time you're 22-23 years old. Double dipping your time like this keeps you ahead of both your peers who dedicated themselves to college (because they lack real experience) as well as those who skipped college and went right into the work force (because they don't have a degree).
>>
What can I expect from Marine OCS?
>>
Leaf here,
I am about to finish a bachalor and the only way that i can use it in the military is either intelligence or military police.
Other option is any type of law enforcement or civilian analyst
Which one is the better option?
>>
>>35132045
>how much money/responsibility do you want, scale if 1-10, if <5 then enlisted if greater than 5 officer
youve never served
>>
>>35135562

>I am about to finish a bachalor and the only way that i can use it in the military is either intelligence or military police.

This doesn't make sense if you're in the US. The military doesn't usually give a shit what your degree is in.
>>
>>35135374
Which branch is most likely to have cute asian girls?
>>
>>35135603
On the leaf forces website, I read that if you apply officer,they need to check your degree to make sure that it is applicable to your specialization
>>
>>35135655
I'm not in yet, but I imagine it would be Air Force, Navy, and maybe Coast Guard.
>>
Just got the fucking surprise of my life lads

>enlisted inna muhreens last year
>disqualified for extreme nearsightedness (It is quite literally impossible for me to distinguish two separate individuals by only their faces without correction) a week later
>go to civilian eye doctor through MEPS to double check basically
>become depressed and figure that the military is no longer an option
>all the motivation I had for becoming a muhreen was spent on getting life back on track
>got a job
>two weeks away from getting a vehicle and a license
>become better at talking to people and making small conversation due to constant exposure at work

Recruiter contacted me today and told me, 9 months after I was 100% sure I was DQ'd, to come swear in next week

>tfw worse shape than i was in before i enlisted
>>
>>35135516
Oh. About the rank thing does that hold if you were above e5 as well?
>>
>>35135683
Prob knock Navy off there desu
>>
>>35135807
Nothing a little time in the PCP won't fix, I hope.
>>
What's the pipeline like for medics in the Army Rangers?
>>
>>35134178
Thanks. Personally I don't care, but it was a pretty big issue for the other two guys, and given that I just transferred over I don't know enough about how the Army works yet to have had my own opinion.
>>
>>35136094

Correct. A retired O-8 would get the same MHA as someone who did a single contract and left as an E-4. MHA is a single amount per zip code, rank does not factor.
>>
File: .jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>35135409
>Happy 9/11
lool
>>
>>35129375
>>35129443
Depends upon branch/rank. People drink to cope with bullshit. Lower rank = more bullshit. Marines and sailors drink A LOT. You will not be doing Field Day sober, I can guarantee that.
>>
Heading to MEPS tomorrow, would it be dumb to water fast and have a light breakfast on Wednesday?
>>
>>35136602
No to either of those. MEPS is an entire day of just standing around waiting.
>>
>>35136602
if youre scared of not making tape then not dumb at all, there are snack machines and water fountains usually so you can eat/drink after youve weighed in, then focus on losing weight/exercising before you ship
>>
File: 1484615584386.jpg (1MB, 3816x3592px) Image search: [Google]
1484615584386.jpg
1MB, 3816x3592px
>>35128324
Better suck that gut in
>>
I want to graduate w/ a degree in E.E. and got to the AF OCS ang go into either a engineering job or aviation. Could I somehow try to get into a special tactics officer position from there?
>>
Can officers fug other officers? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>35136869
I don't see why not. my entire company, at one point, had fucked each other. The drama is what you have to watch out for.
>>
>>35136777

They're not going to let you out of piloting to go STO.
>>
>>35137018
What about commission as STO? Pilot is the goal but I've read that they will never guarantee it. It it the same for STO?
>>
File: IMG_2518.jpg (146KB, 722x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2518.jpg
146KB, 722x960px
4 months left until I go on terminal leave. Dear God make this come sooner
>>
>>35137064

STO is extremely selective. What I'm doing is going for CCT and then looking to commission as pilot in the reserves later on.
>>
>>35137158
CCT is enlisted only right?. Do you have a degree?
>>
>>35137184

I switched from international relations to bio-chem which nullified my pre-reqs, but I got those done before I ran out of scholarship money. I'll finish the last few classes while I'm in using TA then when I go reserves use the my GI Bill to get my law or med degree.
>>
File: 1394077470045.jpg (140KB, 437x368px) Image search: [Google]
1394077470045.jpg
140KB, 437x368px
Were the Marines once a good branch?

If so, what happened to make it so bad today?
>>
>>35137392

They're the same as they've always been, more or less. They have always been the expendable fighting wing of the Navy that used its budget to do stuff for the Navy.
>>
>>35137392
information age has caused all the "muh sekrit club" horseshit to bubble up to the surface and into the media spotlight

basically, it's now being held to professional standards and shitbags as well as degenerates are assblasted about it
>>
Hey guys. College guy here, Thinking of dropping out at the end of this year and enlisting. Iv always wanted to join the military and do something that matters. I spent a few years as a commercial fisherman learned to love how hard it was. Now im thinking about joing the Army and getting a Ranger contract. I know theres a lot of young guys that say this kind of stuff and I may not be any different, but id appreciate any help/advice you guys could give.

Whats the likelihood that if I pass RASP I actually get to do my job? I dont really want to join and be stuck sitting in a base all day. I want to go out and do my job. For instance if I signed up as a 68W would I actually see combat and get to help people? Or would I be stuck in a building giving people shots?

The only reason I specify getting a Ranger contract is because I feel like if you do something you owe it to yourself to do it right and go all the way. I dont think i would get that sort of accomplishment from normal enlistment. I want to be part of the guys that actually do something, whether it makes a difference in the long run or not.

Im sorry if that sounds cringy im just not really sure how else to say it. I just feel like if your do something you do it right and you dont stop til youre done doing what you set out to do.

Any help would be really appreciated guys.
>>
>>35137228
Is it a bad idea to major in international relations or criminal justice? If it is what other majors would you recommend instead?
>>
>>35137478
Bump same situation here but thinking of going for 11b
>>
>>35137478

>Ranger contract
>you owe it to yourself to do it right and go all the way
>option 40
>College guy
>68W option 40
>No mention of 18X contract with a goal of 18D Special Forces Medic
>Thinks that Rangers are some sort of super elite

What fits your stated goal better is either Air Force PJ or Army Special Forces Medic.
>>
>>35137491

International relations is a great major. Criminal justice is not particularly great as you can go into law enforcement with any degree so a cj major needless locks you in.
>>
File: Iskra.png (398KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Iskra.png
398KB, 500x500px
>>35137508
>Thinks that Rangers are some sort of super elite

Are they not high speed? There's less than 4,000 currently and their pipeline only has a success rate of about 25-30% IIRC.
>>
>>35137478
this >>35137508

PJs are the most difficult entry-level special forces to get into. you have to be extremely fit to survive the training, and extremely smart to understand the medical portion, and it has arguably one of the longest training pipelines of any single job in the military
>>
>>35137518
How good is IR compared to othet non-stem degrees like accounting ,finance , business, poli science ect ?
>>
>>35137478

>I want to go out and do my job. For instance if I signed up as a 68W would I actually see combat and get to help people? Or would I be stuck in a building giving people shots?

Working in an aid station handing out pills and such IS a 68W doing their job. Combat is 0.1 % of being in the military, even in high speed units.
>>
>>35137529

They're high speed, but they are (insert MOS) with airborne, dive school, and ranger school tacked on. I think it was a 60%+ pass rate, most infantry officers have that on their resumes.

>less than 4k

Lolno.
>>
>>35137546

>entry-level special forces

>doesn't know the difference between SOF and SF

Garbage tier.
>>
>>35137562

RASP != Ranger school. Most infantry officers have Ranger school, not RASP. Passing Ranger school does not get you into regiment nor does it make you a ranger.
>>
>>35137529
theyre elite in the same way that someone with military training is elite compared to an untrained civilian. better than average but not the tippy top
>>
File: Size of Rangers.png (27KB, 310x623px) Image search: [Google]
Size of Rangers.png
27KB, 310x623px
>>35137562
Are there more? I'm just going off of Wikipedia.
>>
>>35137508
I have a friend in the Army and hes only really mentioned Rangers. Iv read that 18x isnt really a good idea for people to enlist into but never really read beyond that. Also im not sold on 68W its just something iv been considering.

Is there a big iddference between Special Forces Rangers? I thought Rangers were Special Forces. How hard is AF PJ to get into?

>>35137559
This is I guess what I was worried about. I just dont really know what life is really like inside units like this and thats kinda why im asking.

I wouldnt have any problem with this as long as i knew that when "high speed" things were happening I would be involved. Since its a "combat" medic i assumed youd be trained like a normal infantryman with added training of being a medic. Is that not how it is?

Thank you for the replies btw guys. Its really helpful.
>>
>>35137555

>accounting

Super niche and requires a Masters to get into a firm, then you're an accountant forever.

>Finance

Super niche but doesn't require a Masters iirc.

>business

Business is a fucking joke, it's where the kids who weren't smart enough to do econ, finance, or accounting go to take blow off classes for four years before they get a job through their Greek Life connections or a job at daddy's company.

>poli-sci

IR is better and there is a lot of overlap, but poli-sci is respectable.
>>
>>35137586
That's... actually a pretty good way to look at it.

Would it be worth becoming a Ranger and then trying to lateral move towards Special Forces? Or can you audition to be a Green Beret right off the bat?
>>
>>35137587
>civilian personnel
What?
>>
>>35137584

We're arguing semantics, but you aren't wrong.

>>35137587

Not sure where wikipedia is getting it's number from, but there's like 5k SF right now and there are more rangers than SF afaik.

>>35137589

>Is there a big difference
Vast.

>I thought Rangers were Special Forces
Rangers are special operations forces, special forces are also special operations forces, but special operations forces are not necessarily special forces.

SF does some direct action, but they mostly do what is called FID and UW, which are foreign internal defense and unconventional warfare, respectively. They train foreign forces to do our dirty work for us, then go and hit targets as needed.

Rangers do direct action missions mostly.

>How hard is AF PJ to get into?

It takes over two years of training to be a PJ. The next longest are CCT and SOWT which are just shy of two years in pipeline length.
>>
>>35137589
>I thought Rangers were Special Forces

Special Forces = Green Berets and only Green Berets.

Any other elite unit (SEALs, MARSOC, etc.) are Special Operations Forces (SOF).
>>
>>35137529
The number of Rangers is pretty low, but the number of Ranger Qualified is pretty high.

Any career-minded soldier goes to Ranger School. Even the POGs.
>>
>>35137660
Can pilots go to ranger school?
>>
>>35137639

>We're arguing semantics, but you aren't wrong.

We're not arguing semantics. Other anon was talking about becoming a Ranger and you went off on a tangent about ranger school. Not the same.

>Not sure where wikipedia is getting it's number from, but there's like 5k SF right now and there are more rangers than SF afaik.

This is also wrong. They're different organizations with different missions. SF has expanded quite a bit in the last couple decades and now eclipses the size of the Ranger regiment. SF has a lot more work to do and a lot more funding and training to do it with.
>>
>>35137672
I believe anyone regardless of MOS can train to become a Ranger.
>>
>>35137639
Do SEALs do mostly DA too? CCT seems interesting what kind of stuff do they get to do?
>>
Whatre the chances id be able to do rangers/special forces if i was arrested for narcotics possession when i was 16? No matter what people say im still going to try, but how difficult will it be?

(my record has since been expunged if that helps)
>>
>>35137682

While this is technically true, it's very rare to see someone be ranger qualified within the hard strat jobs. As much as guys on the line will tell you that going to ranger school should be a goal for everyone, it isn't really held up on the same level when you work in an office.
>>
>>35137672
>>35137682
Anyone in any branch with any MOS can earn a tab.

To be a Ranger though requires service with one of the Battalions under the 75th Ranger Regiment. Everyone else is just "qualified".
>>
>>35137134
you should sell some back dude.
>>
>>35137719
Makes sense. So the general pipeline from what I'm seeing is:

RASP -> Airborne School -> Ranger School to become a genuine Army Rangers, yes?
>>
>>35137679

The Ranger school bit was related to the pass rate he brought up. Follow the conversation.

>More SF now.

Cool, that's news to me, but makes sense.

>>35137688

Think of it like this.

Airborne: Normal soldiers who can do jumps now (leg!).
Rangers: Normal soldiers who can jump, swim, and fight better.
SEALs: The Navy's Rangers what can swim. Consequently they forgot how to take airfields and developed crazy egos.

>CCT seems interesting

CCTs have to do basically everything. You get CCT teams attached to everything from Special Forces to DEVGRU, and they also operate independently as special tactics squads. Their core expertise are conducting battlefield air traffic control, which is to say that they call in air power and direct it to targets.

People confuse that last point a great deal because they don't understand that only people with JTAC training can actually conduct ATC in combat.
>>
>>35137749
airborne is before rasp
>>
>>35137749

It's usually: BCT -> AIT -> Airborne School -> RASP -> A year or two in Regiment -> Ranger School.

Ranger school is not required to be in Regiment, but it is an expectation if you want to become a leader in Regiment.
>>
>>35137771

>CCT are elite operators
>the public has no idea who they are
>SEALs are basically just more advanced airborne infantry
>they're hyped constantly

Why is this?
>>
>>35138445
The same reason people think muh reens are so great.
>>
Are Rangers (and other SOF for that matter) strictly infantry, or are you able to perform technical jobs while in an SOF unit?
>>
>>35138547
Rangers takes in non-infantry MOS too idk about other SOF
>>
>>35138464

That also confuses me.
>>
How to become an SOF turbo-pog?

I want to be a super armorer that gets to work on SCAR's and MP7's
>>
as far as the duty station wishlist thing goes, as an infantryman, what are the chances of me going to: Alaska, Colorado, Washington, or New York, should I put them on my wish list? I really don't wanna be stuck in the fucking south. Are there ways to maximize my chances, such as being a PT stud or scoring well on my ASVAB or marksmanship or something?
>>
>>35138445
Because they killed Bin Laden. That's when the public started hyping them constantly.
>>
>>35138547

Ranger Regiment is a light infantry unit...but like every light infantry unit it's mostly comprised of non-infantry billets.
>>
>>35138806
No it's not. They've been overhyped for years.
>>
How much of a leader are you, /meg/? It has nothing to do with your personality, no matter how many non-scientific method following business majors say otherwise.

>These splendid creatures have numerous status markers besides their back hair: they are bigger than the rest of their band, strike space-filling postures, produce deeper sounds, thump their chests lustily and, in general, exude an air of physical fitness. Things are not that different in the corporate world. The typical chief executive is more than six feet tall, has a deep voice, a good posture, a touch of grey in his thick, lustrous hair and, for his age, a fit body. Bosses spread themselves out behind their large desks. They stand tall when talking to subordinates. Their conversation is laden with prestige pauses and declarative statements.

How tall are you? How defined is your face? And how high of a rank do you expect to get? (Remember, charismatic leaders are always optimists)

If you have the right attributes, you could literally lead sheep to their deaths and they'd thank you for it.
>>
>>35137725
KILL THINESELF
>>
>>35138867

Kek, neverserved detected. You have no idea what a good officer is. I'd rather a big guy be on the line with me doing shit than wasted sitting in an office signing forms.

The best commander I ever had was actually a manlet nerd who was fucking autistic about management. It was great, our unit got shit done like nobody's business.
>>
>>35138888
explain this dude
>>
>>35138829
my opinion has been that as those grey units increased in visibility and importance the Gov themselves got in on the hyping not just for the recruitment factor, but also to act as a distraction from the real black ops kinda outfits.
>>
>>35138918
correct
>>35138867
This shit may have been true years ago when officers actually led in a fight. Now officers are paper pushers at best.
>>
>>35138829
Perhaps. I'd argue that, before the early/mid 90s, SEALs were a lot less well known. Don Shipley used to tell people he was a diver because it was easier than explaining what SEAL entailed.
>>
>>35138918
T. Sheep
>>
>>35138947
>This shit may have been true years ago when officers actually led in a fight.
Its true now, shitbitch. Manlets aren't shit. They don't inspire the men. They'll never have a cult of personality. Your manlet hero never made it past O-5.
>>
>>35139021
>Manlets aren't shit
The average height across all SOF is 5'9. Please stop posting cause everyone is laughing at you.
>>
>>35129474
Go all in, even if it is a long shot, you do whatever you need to do. Don't fucking quit until your options are exhausted.
>>
>>35139034
And yet those 5'9" babies aren't leading SOCOM. Hmmmmm. Really, uh, makes me think.
>>
File: Milley.jpg (551KB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Milley.jpg
551KB, 1920x1275px
>>35139021

Kek. I met Milley in person when he was a 2-star. Dude isn't that tall.

Keep digging that hole, neverserved.
>>
>>35138779
Needs of the army. I'm currently in 19D osut and most of us in my troop are going to Alaska or Ft Lewis WA. But it just depends on what units need to be filled at the time. All you can do is hope. Some folks here are going to Polk, Stewart, Hood, Bliss and other places I sure as fuck wouldn't want to go to.

Just gotta get lucky. If you go airborne you'll be in an airborne unit but if not you can be just about anywhere.
>>
>>35139092
>Hood

My skin crawls at the thought. I got a buddy who's a tanker and he was there for a bit, he said it was the worst place on earth. So much bad shit goes down over there from what I hear.
>>
>>35139061
no it actually doesnt. Enlsited actually do things that are cool. Officers just tell them to do it. Again they push paper. Not to mention you only climb that high in any area of life by sucking some serious dick. So enjoy deepthroating every officer above your pay grade for 20+ years. Also you clearly arent even in the military so again stop posting.
>>
>>35132227
Get /fit/ and go for Air Force SOWT. It's a combination operator/weatherman.
>>
>>35134164

Do wive(s) count?
>>
>>35138888
Nice quads.
>>
I'm shipping to MEPS tomorrow, then onto Benning. Thanks for all the help, /meg/. I dunno if I would've been able to get the contract I wanted without you.
I'll post an update in December when OSUT ends.
>>
>>35137694
Record getting cleaned and dropped doesn't really matter. They do the police background check for everyone so you can't slip by like some medical problems can. You would have to be completely up front about it from the begging, how old you are now may help a bit say if it was over 4 years ago (even better if 7+). Honestly I don't think you have a great shot at it, would you be interested in enlisting something a little more simple, because even just general enlistment isn't going to be a cakewalk for you by any means. I'm just saying if you try for spec or ranger and get turned down in the process you might not be able to join anything. Whereas if you went in enlisted and did well you could have a shot at getting into RASP. Idk man it's just going to be a hard road no matter how you go at in and ur odds are slim. Good luck tho
>>
So the Marines are dumb, the Navy are gay, the Air Force are pussies, and the Coast Guard don't exist.

What is the Army stereotype?
>>
>>35139516
Lazy/for average mediocre joes
>>
>>35139516
working class people blacks
>>
NEW

>>35139598
>>35139598
>>
File: 1493102047405.png (448KB, 864x920px) Image search: [Google]
1493102047405.png
448KB, 864x920px
>passively do NROTC application for 2 weeks
>notice at the bottom of the forum it's due today
>bust my ass making golden fucking essays and revising all my info
>chrome fags out and refreshes the page, lost all my essays
>start mashing in my cryptic fucking passcode
>3 fails, locked out for an hr
>how fucked am I?
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.