[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ military enlistment general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 60

File: 1500660162434.jpg (74KB, 540x553px) Image search: [Google]
1500660162434.jpg
74KB, 540x553px
previous thread
>>35126697

>Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

>http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
Any line medics have cool/good/funny stories?
>>
File: 1409856592964.jpg (46KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1409856592964.jpg
46KB, 408x439px
Couple of reminders to start this thread off:

>Your recruiter will lie to you. Have the balls to tell them "no" when they put the pressure on you. This is a very important lesson to learn early on -- it will save you from developing addictions to alcohol and cigarettes.
>Do not go infantry during peacetime.
>Do not base your branch/job choice off of what you think others will think. The military is one big cycle of being shit on by others. Do something YOU see yourself enjoying for at least 4 years.
>Get everything in writing. Everything.
>>
File: worry.gif (2MB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
worry.gif
2MB, 300x332px
>heavy female presence in unit
How hard is life going to be? What kind of inane bullshit is in store?
>>
>>35139720
>"Oh my god, did you hear what Cara said? Holy shit I hate that bitch."

Good luck. It's literally high school when working with women. If they fought as well as they ran their mouths, we'd have conquered the world years ago.
>>
>>35139720

There's only ever as much drama as you let there be. I've had no problems with any of the females in my current unit, but I also don't try to fuck coworkers.

Best squad leader I ever had is a chick. Shit soldiers are shit soldiers regardless of what is between their legs, good soldiers are good soldiers regardless of what is between their legs.
>>
>>35139730
>"Oh my god, did you hear what Cara said? Holy shit I hate that bitch."
Even worse when the person saying that is a female NCO talking about a junior enlisted female. When you realize this is supposed to be your unit's leadership. They are all essentially the same rank in practice.
>>
>>35139680
What if my recruiter didn't lie to me but I still want to be an alcoholic fag chaining degenerate.

Also do I need my guaranteed A School to be in writing, he gave me a date but I still haven't seen any literature for it (it's an undermanned rate that most people get A School for anyways) maybe that's just something I see later on cuz I'm still 2 months off from bootcamp.
>>
>>35139730

>Implying it isn't high school when working with men too.

High school never ends until people decide to grow the fuck up, anon. That doesn't happen in most places within the military.
>>
File: order followers.jpg (162KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
order followers.jpg
162KB, 1024x768px
>>35139598
Order followers are mentally ill children whose parents never gave them enough attention.

Keep guarding occult coven's where children are raped, dismembered, sacrificed, and eaten.

You're all subhuman scum.
>>
>>35139827
There is literally nothing wrong with killing Muslims.
>>
File: 1492182658260.png (19KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1492182658260.png
19KB, 499x499px
>mfw I took the nukepill
>>
File: 1490922286150.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1490922286150.png
208KB, 807x935px
>>35139680
>"do not go infantry during peacetime"
>already signed the dotted line

On a scale of 1 to sweeping the parking lots, how bored am I going to be unless something kicks off over in Korea or the ME
>>
>>35139827

I hope you get a raise at Starbucks, anon. Your income is so low right now that you're contributing very little taxes to buy my gear.

Daddy needs a new pair of jackboots!
>>
>>35139827
Have fun at your factory job tommorow loser. Be sure not to stare at your female coworkers too much or youll get threatened eith termination.
>>
>>35139913
why?
>>
File: 1400192820424.jpg (44KB, 460x700px) Image search: [Google]
1400192820424.jpg
44KB, 460x700px
>>35139827
How much does it tear you up that I was able to get my Master's degree, 8 years of job experience, and the adoration of nearly every civilian I come across in the private sector all because of my military service?
>>
>>35139924
Didn't Trump say we were doing a new surge in Afghanistan?
>>
>>35139827
who gave you that literature, casualry

too late *unsheathes coldsteel*
>>
File: 400k.jpg (40KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
400k.jpg
40KB, 640x427px
>>35139944
>>
>>35139980

>Surge

It'll be throwing another BDE into the rotation at best. There's no political capital to have tens of thousands of boots on the ground in Afghanistan anymore.
>>
>>35139743
>good soldiers are good soldiers regardless of what is between their legs.
The problem being the only good soldiers have dicks between their legs, and definitely not dicks between their legs that aren't their own.
>>
>>35139913
>>35139944
>>35139988

>Nukes make good money in service meme.

If you ignore work hours/conditions, maybe. If I wanted to work twice as much as everyone else for a couple hundred extra bucks I'd just get a weekend job.

>Nukes make good money on the outside meme.

Enlisted nuke positions in industry are shrinking, and pay worse than opportunities in the more technical white collar fields.
>>
>>35139980
Man I fucking hope. I signed up with the express desire to kill at least one emaciated farmer wielding milsurp from the 1800's- if I get cucked out of that and spend the next 6 years washing rocks I'm going to be a sad grunt
>>
>>35139997

There's nothing more pathetic than a soldier with a crippling fear of vaginas.
>>
>>35139992
where is my war donald
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: p.jpg (76KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
76KB, 349x356px
>>35140016
>Enlisted
I took the officer route
>>
>>35140032
It's not a fear of vaginas, it's the knowledge that women are petty bitches -- with NO exceptions. It's because they've got a hole that won't heal and they blame us for it.
>>
>>35139997
Women are oppressed! Since the military is predominantly male we should only be recruiting females until we bridge the gap. Especially in the higher ranks we need to give run of the mill female workers fast track promotions to even out the leaders as well. They should also be babied in the bootcamps, and pampered with higher BAS/BAH and clothing allowances so they can live fancy vegan gluten free lifestyles in luxury; anything less would be flat out sexism. The patriarchy has had its rain but when are you people going to wake up and accept that unqualified women are more deserving of a job than qualified men. I mean really this is why our country is in the shitter, we should have elected Hilary. Having the worlds strongest military isn't important we should strive to be the most diverse military and fill it up with faggots/trannies/women. Please apologize for your offensive remarks and give me the privileges society owes me for having a vagina.
>>
File: Never-Quit-Cover-Image.jpg (615KB, 1879x2848px) Image search: [Google]
Never-Quit-Cover-Image.jpg
615KB, 1879x2848px
>Reading pic related
>Description of modern SOF combat mission in Afghanistan
>It's literal hell on earth where the action is too confusing to follow and anyone can take a bullet at complete random no matter how elite an operator they are
>Describes a guy with a brit accent whose guts have been blown out and stuffed back in

Fucking hell.
>>
>>35140074
Honestly more men in the military will cause you trouble. People stuck in a leadership role that don't even want to be in but are holding out for a pension make everyone's lives hell. Women in the military are easier to take advantage of, shift blame onto, and they are companionate pussies who won't retaliate if you try to fuck them over.
>>
>>35140033
Should of voted for hillary
>>
>>35140090
We need combat rc planes to confirm enemy firing positions.
>>
>>35140143

They have them, CCTs and SOWTs sometimes pilot small drones to do scouting.
>>
>>35140122
Let me just say this, because we clearly just don't agree: I will never work for a female boss. Every single female boss I've ever had, as well as any man I've known who has had one, uses their position of power as a crutch for their lack of leadership ability and they become a total cunt and you have to be their slave.

All women are innately like this. That's why you cannot let them have positions of power. They become the hole in control.
>>
>>35140180

>all women
>female boss I've ever had
>hole in control

Tell me about your mother....
>>
>>35140204
youve clearly never been in the military or youd realize hes right
>>
>>35140204
That's another point: children of single mothers. They are all invariably fucked in the head and become shitty people. Need evidence? Go find the nearest group of blacks. Why does this happen? Because a woman had control over an entire person's life with no checks or balances.
>>
File: 1492813038657.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1492813038657.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>passively do NROTC application for 2 weeks
>notice at the bottom of the forum it's due today
>bust my ass making golden fucking essays and revising all my info
>chrome fags out and refreshes the page, lost all my essays
>start mashing in my cryptic fucking passcode
>3 fails, locked out for an hr
>how fucked am I?
>>
Thats why I love the FFL no women allowed
I mean Holy shit its bad enough for me to put my Life in the líne but to have to rely on a FEMALE for leadership or combat companion IS simply depressing.
>>
>>35140074

Nope, anon, it's definitely a fear of vaginas. Effective soldiers are pretty much unphased at working with soldiers who have vaginas. Guys who fear the slit carry huge chips on their shoulders about it and will endlessly justify their terror to anyone who will listen. Meanwhile everyone else is just getting shit done.
>>
File: 1496037608589.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1496037608589.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>35140314
this reminded me of middle school where i had an entire semester-long project to do for history class and i just didnt do it and still passed
>>
>>35140180

Found the pussyphobic. Your fear makes you weaker than the women you fear. The mere presence of a vagina renders you completely incapable.

It's a wonder more of our adversaries don't employ female soldiers, since it'd render some portion of our servicemembers totally ineffective as they cower from the clit.
>>
File: 1455151100566.png (146KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
1455151100566.png
146KB, 480x352px
What's the most useless branch?
>>
At MEPS hotel, medical and swear in tomorrow. What are the repercussions for backing out of DEP if my recruiter fucks me on job?
>>
>>35140502

Objectively Marines don't have a real good reason to exist. There's nothing they actually do that another branch doesn't do better.
>>
>>35140502

Honestly? I'd have to say the Marines.

>Air Force and Navy
They project power and establish control of air and sea.

>Army
Take and hold terrain through numbers and combined arms.

>Coast Guard
Anti-piracy, smuggling, rescue, and other vital roles in the homeland.

>Marines
Come in after air power and SOF are done to hit targets with conventional force before the Army.
>>
>>35140527

That recruiter probably won't work with you any more, and may sit on your paperwork if you try to transfer to another branch/recruiter.
>>
>>35140528
>>35140532
Marines are the ground extension of the Navy. Quick response and seaborne invasion (SHOULD) be what they do best.

Today they basically do the Army's job because they need to justify their existence.
>>
>>35140472
>>35140499
Nope. You've just been trained very well by your holes in control.

Also suspicion of samefaggotry going on here. These two posts are so opposite in structure but similar in nature it's uncanny.
>>
>>35140528
>>35140532
Why do so many civilians hug their nuts so much?
>>
What are the chances i could go rangers/SF if i was arrested when i was 16? It was stupid and i got sucked into peer pressure and bought a couple pills from a senior on my swim team, i got caught and went through a diversion program and my record was expunged. No matter what im gonna give it my all and go for it, but how difficult will it be to actually get there?
>>
>>35140597

>holes in control.

Literally one step away from "lizard people" accusations.

The only good thing about having your type in the military is getting to watch your reality fucking implode when you get shown up by a female.
>>
>>35140608
Because of Hollywood propaganda, the Marine Corps having a great recruiting team, and Marines always being really fucking vocal about how they are Marines and how awesome they are when they are a regular Joe Shmoe civilian again.
>>
my beeper went off

is someone being mean to girls ITT?
>>
>>35140621
Nah dude, this is basic older guy speak. If you think I got this shit from /pol/ or whatever you're just too fucking young to understand or you're willingly blind to the truth.

Women are demanding, complaining, hormonal messes until they are about 60 years old. Then they are just demanding and complaining.
>>
File: US_Army_Pinks_and_Greens_2.jpg (24KB, 599x700px) Image search: [Google]
US_Army_Pinks_and_Greens_2.jpg
24KB, 599x700px
>Army re institutes the Pinks and Greens
>Marines have literally nothing left

COME ON ARMY
>>
>>35141086
But what about muh special snowflake berets???
>>
>>35140539
So I wouldn't be completely fucked if I tried The same branch again with a different recruiter? I know that other recruiters can call some number and have the file forcibly closed on the dead recruiters end
>>
File: 1498534316081.gif (481KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
1498534316081.gif
481KB, 440x330px
>>35141086
>not pink
>not green
checkmate
>>
Asked this a couple threads ago, but no one replied.

I slightly hurt my knee a few months ago doing squats improperly. So when squat, there is a very very small pain, it's more of an annoyance really.

Should I just go to basic before checking out if anything is wrong?

I already had to go through medical record hell for small shit from years ago, and don't want to give them any reasons to DQ me.

Sidenote. I can still do squats, and I don't even feel it when I jog/run.

Thoughts?
>>
Oi lads. Thinking about joining the Army. I'm in my mid 20's and have a bachelors degree. I know I can join as an officer and also the Army paying off my student loans is a pretty nice incentive. I'd like to try and go the Ranger route if possible. Another possible path is the Navy and tying to become a SEAL. Anybody have any experience or info for a young lad?
>>
>>35141086
That uniform is honestly quite nice, on par with Dress Blues in my opinion
>>
>>35142042
Bump im in the same situation with similar goals
>>
How do I enlist as a sicario in Los Zetas?
>>
>>35141086
YES
>>
>>35142220
Nothing is better than Summer Whites tho
>>
>>35142235
Speak spanish , preferably be a spic ,willing to do fucked up shit then try to get in contact with a Z and hope you're accepted instead of decapitated
>>
>>35142235
>Los Zetas
Make a time machine.
>>
>>35142042
Not in the military but I've read that trying to go officer route instead of enlisted as a SEAL is quite difficult. Make sure you read up on this and take this into careful consideration.
>>
>>35142247
Only if you're a white chad it doesn't look good on average joes
>>
>>35140641
I don't get it though, because despite their successful PR campaign in my experience they are still associated with shitty equipment and stupidity any time they are brought up.
>>
File: 1406279519786.jpg (41KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1406279519786.jpg
41KB, 400x600px
ROTC question: I'll be at 63 college credits after this semester. Is that too late to begin ROTC?
>>
>>35142400
Most civilians don't know about that.
>>
File: 1504829499027.jpg (10KB, 247x250px) Image search: [Google]
1504829499027.jpg
10KB, 247x250px
Okay, medical question.

I have a slightly uneven ribcage. One rib on the right side of my chest sticks out a bit. The rest on that side have stick out just a tiny bit compared to my right side. Maybe a quarter inch of difference between my right and left side, but enough my nipples aren't totally on the same plane. Asked a doctor as a teen, he said it was nothing to worry about.

Birthmark tier shit, or potential waiver or DQ?
>>
>>35142421
It's enough that some branches will let you go in as an E-3, if you decide to go enlisted.
>>
>>35142400
>>35142430
What civilians think Marines are:
>Hardcore Army, toughest of the tough, can beat anybody, doesn't afraid of anything, don't mess with THE MARINES!

What Marines actually are:
>Young adults with something to prove who have the mentality of 8 year olds and a genuine belief that they can stand toe to toe with Tier-1 operators. The Navy, rightfully, uses them as people to do their dirty work for them so the guys and gals with actual brains can get things done. SOF guys patronize them because they're the equivalent of a little kid trying one their dad's business suit, thinking they're one of them, and it's just so darn precious. Everything they do has been made obsolete by the mass production of air planes and helicopters, meaning amphibious assaults are effectively useless, and their unwillingness to compromise MUH CORPS makes them incredibly frustrating to work with, because their entire metric for "how should this be done?" is almost always answered by "the way Gunny says so/the way the guy before you did it."

So what are they left with? Spiffy uniforms and a massive inferiority complex, so now they have to plaster the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on everything they own and end every conversation with "Semper Fi."
>>
>>35142430
I guess I was one of the fortunate ones then. Perhaps spending too much time online and later hearing how disenchanted my marine friend became helped.
>>
>>35142486
I'm dead set on earning a commission, come hell or high water. In any case, I assume that would be enough, no? They typically say that as long as you have 2 years remaining that they'll be willing to put you in.
>>
>>35142502
Believe me, you made a good call. I was like you once. "Oh those guys on /meg/ don't know what they're talking about," "I've got a great plan and they just didn't think things through as well as I did," "Surely the Marines can't be THAT bad! They're just shitposting!"

It started off slow at first. The improper uses of "your" ("Hey, your still going to join right?"). "Well, whatever," I thought. And then I saw the people who it attracted. Fresh out of high school, had problems with their parents, whose entire goal in life was to shoot something. I'm 23, and mature for my age, so I wanted something more concrete. Something I could make a living off of after. Some tangible skills. "Surely they can't ALL the Corps has to offer. After all, the military is huge!" Except to even get into the DEP you have to sign a 'temporary' open contract, but don't worry, you can still pick your job!

...Except you can't. You can pick your job field. 3 job fields, to be exact. And you'll get one of them. Probably.

"Oh well, that's fine, at least I still have my college credits. I'll make E-3 and pick up E-4 within the first year, then I won't have to live in the barracks."

Except every other branch gives you credit for college. Not Marines. E-2 is your maximum you will get. So now, you're dropping rank. But it's all worth it to be a Marine right? And what does that entail? The worst bases, the worst living conditions, and a bunch of stupid fucking people who surround you at all times. Seriously, hang out with Marines for an hour or two. You will see the extent of their intellectual capacity.

Believe me: when everyone in the thread is saying the same thing, there's a reason. DO. NOT. JOIN. THE. MUH. REENS.
>>
>>35142570
>I'll make E-3 and pick up E-4 within the first year, then I won't have to live in the barracks."

Bit of a misnomer, you will have to live in the barracks until E-6~ but you'll get your own room. Probably. For E-4s it's a 50/50 shot, but for E-5 and above it's almost a given.
>>
File: 1504584606119.jpg (106KB, 639x620px) Image search: [Google]
1504584606119.jpg
106KB, 639x620px
>>35142570
MUH
>>
File: 5XjWBkk.jpg (45KB, 720x967px) Image search: [Google]
5XjWBkk.jpg
45KB, 720x967px
>>35142583
REENZ
>>
File: Apu_special_ops.png (171KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
Apu_special_ops.png
171KB, 657x527px
Anybody else get overwhelming anxiety when reporting to a new unit. Just found out I got TAD where I will be reporting to 2 different units within the next 3 weeks. Then I'm going to get orders to my next unit very soon after that. I'm going to have to report like 3 times in a month. Why the fuck couldn't I just PCS to my next unit right away? I'm a non rate so they can literally send me to my next unit anywhere anytime. Just feel like the whole TAD thing is pointless since there is no reason not to PCS me right away. I'm going to be at one unit for literally 2 days. I hate meeting new people and get nervous as fuck when I go somewhere alone. Last time I PCSed I was suicidal because my anxiety was so bad. How do I fix this brahs?
>>
>>35139598
>>
File: 1501747684400.png (73KB, 1503x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1501747684400.png
73KB, 1503x1046px
>Even the FFL is in peace time right now
Is the only way to go fight to join some sort of special diddly group?
>>
>>35142628
Yep. Take your pick.
>>
File: royal marines.jpg (363KB, 1326x900px) Image search: [Google]
royal marines.jpg
363KB, 1326x900px
>>35140532
don't all of them have their own air wing ?
where as the air force are the only specialists

>>35140569
I thought it was their job to secure beach heads for amphibious landing or resupply
it might come in handy in the south china sea
but yea its a bit strange to see marines operating in land locked places
>>
>>35142570
Funny thing is I was never planning on joining. I wasn't even aware that there was much of a difference between the marines and the army at the time. At most I had a moderate interest in the military because of video games and other media, nothing serious. My friend with the massive marine hard on was like what you described though - issues with his parents and wanted to shoot shit, though he wasn't stupid. He tried to get me to join with him but I was indifferent to it. Also, brotherhood was a big thing to him, and a close friend he made there ended up fucking him over. In the end, the little impact it all had on me helped me dodge a bullet it seems.
>>
>>35139720
Lots of pussy
>>
>>35140032
>not being worried by obsidian toothed vagina
>>
>>35142042
Why subject yourself to that nonsense? Literally nobody will give a shit what you did when you get out, being the "bestest speshul 4ses eburrrr" means exactly fuck all. Do something that is actually *interesting* or something that will give you an iota of civilian marketable skills.
>>
>>35141566
>>35141566
>>35141566
Anyone?
>>
>>35142628
>The FFL
>Ever at peace
As long as África exists the FFL Will always have some.nigger to shoot
>>
>>35142042
>>35142232
Being an officer in those units is insanely competitive and luck fo the draw. Itd be way easier to go the enlisted route and become an officer later.
>>
>>35143883

The difference being if you commission and fail to get into SOF when you have the chance, you're still commissioned.

If you enlist and fail to commission, you're enlisted. Plus you can fail to make it into SOF as enlisted too.
>>
>>35143916
of course, but as an enlisted you can recycle and re-attempt selection far easier than if youre an officer. Gotta hedge your bet in one way or the other.
>>
>>35142421
No, that's about how many I started with. Talk to the ROTC liaison, they will tell you what you need to do
>>
File: Yulia Kharlamova 3.jpg (88KB, 526x789px) Image search: [Google]
Yulia Kharlamova 3.jpg
88KB, 526x789px
I'm an army ROTC cadet, is it likely that my senior military instructor will give me permission to travel to either Japan or South Korea over winter break?
>>
Let's assume Anon is joining the military. He decides that as a college grad, he's going to become an officer. He talks with the recruiter and his officer packet is eventually sent to the review board. He goes off to OCS and during his time there a condition arises where he cannot be allowed into the job that he was selected for and signed for.

Now what happens? Do they send him home because officers are all selected for their jobs? Do they stick Uncle Sam's fat dick in him and give him some shit job nobody else wants?
>>
>>35143883
No it wouldn't.
>>
>>35144121
yes it literally is.
>>
>>35142710
It's really quite un-marine of them, marine being a sea environment. They are also literally part of the Department of the Navy so I don't know why the Navy doesn't have more control over them.
>>
>>35141566
Well as you are describing it, it sounds like it's not a real issue. If you can suck something up that's always the best case scenario (by a fucking long shot). So my advice is to just work through it, if you do go to bootcamp tho and then it starts hurting it's already too late. Sick call is the fucking worst you will never get out if you puss out in boot.
>>
>>35142475
I think I have the exact same thing, the physical examinations are sped up and they hardly look at you because there are 100 other people in line at MEPS. I'm pretty damn A-symmetrical I might even have scoliosis on top of it and I got through, and my rib cage looks like when the tire aren't aligned with a steering wheel, basically I look forward and it looks like someone spun my ribs 15 degrees clockwise on my spine. Don't mention it and just get through you will be fine.
>>
>>35142488
I think you are underselling how spiffy their uniforms are, it almost makes them the best branch even if they wear helmets on the school bus and eat 64 packs of crayons for breakfast.

But yeah they are basically like Morty's we keep them around because they are so cute in how much they think of themselves. It's like a dog that can ride a skateboard just amusing to watch.
>>
I am going to finish my bachalor and I am tempted to apply officer. Thing is, in the canadian army, i read that they look up your bachelor to make sure that it can be applied in your field. I can only think of intelligence and MP.
If i don't go military, its going to be anything law enforcement related.
Both sounds great imo but which one is the best
>>
>>35144422
Talk with a recruiter beforehand and see what degrees they want, maybe check out Canadian version of rotc or whatever.

In US, having a degree is really the only requirement, but your expertise will help land you the preferred job. I imagine it is much the same in Canada, and for both Intel and MP you probably won't have an issue unless you get a degree in basket weaving from a shitty university.

Tl;Dr do whatever degree you want, college is shit if you aren't. But talk to military beforehand, you could get a scholarship maybe
>>
>>35144112
They find you another job that you still qualify for, probably will have you come in to pick from available positions.

If its a really bad condition like cancer, not just a new peanut allergy to bar you from flying, maybe medical discharge. However I think that's unlikely since you're in already

How was ocs BTW? Waiting for my letter is agony, and not sure how the process before and after goes. Still need to buy my boots
>>
>>35140314
Life tip: when filling out forms online, do your work on a notepad and then copy-paste it. Will save you from incidents like this.
>>
Dropped out of school midway through and applied for the Air Force.

6 months later and I failed my medical and am now medically unfit to serve.

Welp, I fucked up my life.
>>
>>35144816
Why did you fail your medical?
>>
>>35144850
Lazy left eye and that was it
>>
Hey anons, is it true that it doesn't matter what degree you have to be an officer in the airforce?

Or would it be better to get something like an aviation degree if I wanted to be a pilot?
>>
>>35144863
Shouldn't matter for the most part, all this information is on the website or a phone call away from a local recruiter.

The best thing I ever did was speak to my recruiter first.
>>
File: lostpltcmdr.jpg (97KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
lostpltcmdr.jpg
97KB, 720x480px
>>
I wanna go muhreens. I tried to go navy when I was 17, but mummy and daddy wouldn't sign off. i'm 18 now, but I live 300 miles away from my parents, and they have the medical records and the signature from my doctor saying that I am completely healed from my surgeries and concussions I had when i was a kiddo, and I don't want to go back down to their house to pick it up. I told the navy about my injuries but I withdrew my med records before I could go to meps. I have a scar from a surgery on my right elbow, a very straight line about 4 inches long. Can I just lie to the marine recruiters and say that I've never had any surgeries and the scar is from a rock stratch or something?
>>
>>35144863
It doesn't really matter, no. But technical degrees will better prepare you for it. Plus scholarships or whatever

You don't need an aviation degree, but having your pilots license and hours is a massive plus if you go pilot. Ocs guys I know got pilot with just 80 or so hours of time and no license.
>>
Guy I know who is in the Air Force left his post last Tuesday in Tampa to avoid Hurricane Irma without approved leave is on his way back after his commanding officer called him and get his ass back there.

He's an E2, what's the chances of him getting dishonorably discharged for that?
>>
>>35145094

A dishonorable discharge is fairly rare, but AWOL is srsbidness. They'll probably just take a bunch of his pay and destroy any chance of a long-term career.
>>
>>35144937
It seems very questionable that anyone with experience would look at that and determine that it was accidental. Scars look different depending on what caused them.
>>
>>35145094
what a faggot idiot. Why the hell did he do that?
>>
File: 1467963231810.jpg (430KB, 1080x763px) Image search: [Google]
1467963231810.jpg
430KB, 1080x763px
Do the wealth of problems within the Marine Corps extend to the Officers as well, or does it primarily impact the Enlisted men?
>>
>>35145255
The green weenie does not discriminate on who it fucks my friend
>>
>>35145236
Has a family and didn't want to wait for approval. Just packed up his family and left 5 days before the hurricane made landfall. Never been in the military but don't get how he thought leaving without approval and driving 800 miles away to be with his mom was remotely a good idea.
>>
>>35145261
Hopefully I'm competitive enough with a 3.5 GPA in either the Army or the Navy.
>>
File: 1504145226815.jpg (262KB, 643x750px) Image search: [Google]
1504145226815.jpg
262KB, 643x750px
>>35142570
Fuck you i'm joining the marines.
>>
>>35145417
All American marines are cunts, period.
>>
Any advice on joining the national guard?
>>
>>35145417
If I may ask, why?
>>
>>35145480
Don't do it unless you have a career outside that won't let you go once you ship to basic and ait
>>
>>35142570
Fuck you, those retards make for great entertainment, just be sure not to use words that are too big or obscure.
>>
>>35145514

Your daily reminder that it's literally illegal for them to not hold your job up to 5 years when you join the military. Both reserves and active duty.

They even have to adjust for seniority when you get back, as if you'd never left.
>>
>>35145548
My Marine friend just made a post today about 9/11. He said it was a "tragity."
>>
>>35145582
Sure, but there's always shit like "unsatisfactory performance" that they can let you go for instead. I know a friend who joined the guard and a week before he shipped he mysteriously was fired because he wasn't performing to the company standard anymore. What the standard was remains a mystery

What they did was illegal as fuck but it was also just some desk IT job and he found another easily
>>
>>35145663
>>35145582
Seconding this. Friend of mine joined the Navy, went to MEPS and gave the proper notice beforehand under USERRA. Got canned from his job, and because it's a right to work state, he's double screwed. It's fucking scummy, and is a big reason why a lot of military vets have a hard time working with civilians after their service: they lack integrity.
>>
>>35145689
>implying people in the military have integrity too
Everyone's fucked
>>
>>35145509
Im desperate and I like how my MOS sounds. Plus marsoc looks cool.
>>
>>35145761
>Im desperate and I like how my MOS sounds. Plus marsoc looks cool
>COD kid mode engaged
>>
>>35145761
If your MOS has something with "Combat" in front of it then they are rusing you. Marines are notorious for putting that word in front of any POG job under the sun in an attempt to lure people into thinking they're going to be grunts.

MARSOC guys are hard, they're a pretty high speed bunch, but you're only eligible to join MARSOC after your first enlistment. If you are trying to be an operator, literally every single other branch under the DOD has greater capabilities to let you do so, and the finances to support them as well.
>>
>>35145663
>>35145689

The problem is that nobody actually wants their shitty pre-military job back, so few people actually bother to pursue action under USERRA. It doesn't change the fact that they're legally entitled to keep their job, they just decided they don't really want it.
>>
>>35139598
I want to be a Helicopter Pilot on the army. How competitive is their high school to flight school program and is there anyway to get it guaranteed in my contact at MEPs?
>>
Guys, I'm worried now, I saw someone in the last thread mention to an anon asking about rangers that he'd have a hard time getting in because of an expunged possession charge. I had a expunged trespassing that got brought down to literally nothing and I had to write a letter to my local court not to do it again. My problem is I didn't mention it on my sf86 because my recruiter said if there's no fingerprints that pop up then I'll be fine and I have nothing to worry about and I assumed I'd be alright since it just requires a security clearance instead of TS but now I'm stressing, did I just fuck myself out of RASP?
>>
File: 1493058692149.jpg (60KB, 709x709px) Image search: [Google]
1493058692149.jpg
60KB, 709x709px
I dont get why anybody in their right mind would go muhrines, unless its a 4 and out and even then its retarded. Atleast in the army you get automatic e4 pay and slightly better housing and gear. i love triggering muhrines in the rare handful of times weve run into them in uniform
>>
>>35146054
>I didn't mention it on my sf86

Always, always, always full disclosure on your SF86.
>>
>>35146078
Shit is it too late to fix it? I'm going in tomorrow to sign off on sending a medical record so should I ask my recruiter to go over my sf86 one more time and when I get to the expunged records part explain I need to change it?
>>
>>35146054
Yes... you fucked your self. Your recruiter failed to mention that "dropped" charges are no more than a meme when it comes to federal background checks. It will come up. Lying to MEPS is one thing but why falsify your sf86
>>
File: 1496277493808.jpg (262KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1496277493808.jpg
262KB, 1284x980px
>>35145761
perfect
>>
>>35146127
If u can still try to change it, try as hard as you can. You will be DQ'd from all branches if you can't catch up to it.
>>
>>35146202
Fuck okay good to know idk why he would tell me it's no big deal as long as nothing shows up on the finger prints when I explicitly told him that my charge got expunged and I figured it would be no problem finding out
>>
>>35146073
Marines have literally two things going for them:

1. Their dress blues.
2. Their esprit de corps.

If either of these are good enough reasons for you to join the military then you are retarded.
>>
>>35145978
The highschool to flightschool program is entirely seperate from the normal recruiting process. You don't do it through your recruiter.
>>
Hey, oddly specific question but anyone know if the coast guard will fly me from Brooklyn MEPS over to Cape May (Philadelphia airport) or is it just going to be a longer bus ride. Can't seem to find any info and I was just curious.
>>
>>35145978
If you weren't an exceptional student you should consider at least getting an associate's degree
>>
File: 1326773032405.png (176KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
1326773032405.png
176KB, 358x358px
Realistically, how different are Soldiers and Marines with the duties that they perform?

Do they both operate on or around the same level of efficiency?
>>
>>35146876
Very similar but marines have shitty equipment compared to army
>>
>>35146710
It'll be a bus ride.
>>
File: 1394900618643.jpg (292KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1394900618643.jpg
292KB, 1366x768px
Question for anyone well-versed in SOF-related matters:

How does the Army Ranger's RASP + Ranger School compare to the Navy SEALs' BUD/S + SQT?

Obviously one involves much more swimming and various other maritime operations than the other, but how do they compare with regards to length and difficulty?
>>
File: Or Saudi Pedophiles.jpg (64KB, 382x497px) Image search: [Google]
Or Saudi Pedophiles.jpg
64KB, 382x497px
>>35139598
>>
>>35146974
Thanks man
>>
>>35147101
Bump for interest
>>
Why is NFO in high demand?
Is it a shit job?
>>
File: 1504143809655.jpg (585KB, 899x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1504143809655.jpg
585KB, 899x1200px
>>35145781
>>35146193
DELET this
>>
Prospective coastie here. I have a misdemeanor paraphernalia charge from 7 years ago. Should I tell meps I've never smoked marijuanas? (Pipe was found in my car, it was my friends.)
>>
>>35142488
Okay as a fucking Marine recruit I can wholehartedly agree.
I hate every fucking kid I'm with rn because all they do is make facebook groupchats and circulate 2010 tier facebook veteran memes.

>All I wanted to do was learn psyops shit and interrogate enemies by making them only kick a rock back and forth 200 feet while crudly psychoanalyzing them outloud.

Is there a way to do work as a marine with branches who do effective shit?
>>
File: 1471964265743.gif (1MB, 270x235px) Image search: [Google]
1471964265743.gif
1MB, 270x235px
>>35147753
Same guy:
Also all the kids are fucking pissed that I was drunk when i did my asvab and still got a 91.
Also because I like to wave around how smart I am
>>
File: worriedpepe.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
worriedpepe.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>>35145514
W-what if I don't have a job and I'm joining for [spoiler]college[/spoiler]
>>
>>35147787
>>35147753
>his poolie club is this social
My dudes just show up for pt.
>>
>>35147688
I've smoke probably a pound of weed in my life but I was never caught so it's easy to get through MEPS. Your real problem is going to be when you fill out the E-QIP and they get to do a criminal background check on you.

Ask your recruiter what you should say about the weed (if the charges don't implicate you dirrectly you can say you have never smoked) but your recruiter should tell you that any charges are going to come up so you will have to put it somewhere
>>
>>35147101
Anyone? Srs
>>
>>35147866
did you indicate weed use on your sf86?
>>
File: 1495848448363.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495848448363.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
you can't take the asvab when you're underaged, right?

my history teacher was a vietnam vet and he made us take a practice one, at least i think it was practice. did he fuck me forever with a legally binding one? can you take the asvab more than once?
>>
>>35148056
you can take it more than once
you can take it underaged
>>
>cap Marines at 150k people to reinforce their ethos of being "small, elite warriors" and "soldiers of the sea"
>put them back on ships and have them sail around to perform amphibeous landings when needed as the Navy's infantry force

There, I just made everyone happy. Marines now have a clear focus and the overlap between their duties and the Army's has significantly lessened.
>>
>>35148105

You didn't make Marines happy, since they'll go back to being even more irrelevant if you don't allow them to be a "second Army" anymore.
>>
>>35148137
Fine, give them an 8 year supply of crayola and an EGA sticker for their vehicles.
>>
>>35147588
I don't think so, especially if you fly P8s
>>
File: 1492873780780.jpg (50KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1492873780780.jpg
50KB, 519x533px
>>35146073

>be one of my good friends
>he is coast guard
>asian manlet who unironically learned martial arts his whole life
>goes to a school at a navy base
>bunch of muhreens try to give him shit about height and ask him if he can fight
>he sais he can fight but he does not want to
>they keep pushing him
>nosteponsnek.jpeg
>he keeps telling them to stop and he wont fight
>one takes a wild muhreen swing
>friend deflects and kung fu drops him
>tfw muhreen e7 saw the ruckus, walks over and laughs at the private who got dropped by a manlet and a coast guard , then about faces and walks away
>>
>>35148200
>About faces and walks away
Kek
>>
>>35148200
English is not my first language, what is an about face? This is a funny story though.
>>
>>35148267
it's the military version of turn 360 degrees and walk away
>>
>>35147688

on your SF 86 you say the last time you smelled the MJ, and last time you used, you can explain that your friend was a user and left his shit in your car but you yourself didnt use anon
>>
Got it thanks.
>>
>>35145136
>Air Force
>enforcing anything
Lul
>>
>>35147101
With regards to length, SQT (from BUD/s to SERE, jump school, etc.) takes a full fucking year.

From what I've seen, rangers need to do basic, AIT, jump school (3 weeks), RASP (8 weeks), then you're "in".

About 10% of people that start in the seal pipeline become seals.

I believe it's close to 20% for ranger battalion.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
What's with the Air Force and kid fucking?

https://www.stripes.com/news/air-force/air-force-academy-cadet-pleads-guilty-to-child-porn-charge-1.487338
>>
Anyone here have experience with ROTC? I'm in the process of filing all the paperwork, and unnoticed that once enrolled, I'm forced to renounce my dual citizenship (that being Irish). While I'm willing to do this as I view my service more important than traveling with ease in Ireland, it would be nice not to have to lose something fun like that. Also, if you could lay any tips on me for ROTC and military life in general it would be much appreciated.
>>
>>35148292
So you need to fill out a SF86 even if you're not applying for a TS clearance?
>>
>>35148548
Thanks a bunch! I'll make sure to screenshot this.
>>
>>35148555
Could i get in trouble if get caught with hentai including loli hentai?
>>
>>35148735
Have you decided on what you're going for?
>>
>>35148806
I have not yet. I'm the same guy from earlier in the thread who was asking about ROTC, and thankfully my university offers both ARTOC and NROTC. The trouble is just finding out which one suits me more.

I would definitely need Lasik if I opted to become a SEAL, however.
>>
>>35144937
Google enlistment fraud
>>
My Navy enlistment contract says I have a 6 year enlistment with 2 years of IRR. What can I expect the 24 months of IRR to be like towards the end of my enlistment? I understand it's reserves, but what is it?
>>
>>35149079
Nothing. You're a civilian again unless called upon. That basically is their way of telling you "During these 2 years, we have the right to recall you to active duty for whatever we may need you to do. No ifs, ands, or buts."

It is EXTREMELY rare to be recalled.
>>
>>35148795
get tattoos of it and jerk off in the mirror
>>
>>35149155
I don't like tattoos
>>
>>35139680
How bad of an idea is it to go infantry during peacetime, what will my average day look like?
>>
>>35144349
Sweet Jesus. Well I feel better.
>>
do they let you fuck dolphins in the navy
>>
>>35149342
Kek bump for this
>>
>>35149342
>>35149527
While other people will actually being doing things that will benefit them career-wise, your days will consist of field drills, inane and potentially damaging shit like ruck marches for absurd distances, and waiting.
>>
>>35149138
>>35149138
this
>>35149079
Its if ww3 kicks off. All you do is get an email once a year near the time you got out. Fill it out and email back and youre good.
>>
>>35149810
Would it be the same for ranger infantry?
>>
>>35144112
Army?
If you're Navy they'll stick you as a SWO or let you separate. Sometimes they'll let you laterally transfer into another field, depending on if they accept you into it.
Since you came from OCS they could let you leave, at least the aviator DORs can. Most go SWO though
>>
>>35144863
STEM looks better
AF looks at flight hours for OCS along with other things
GPA is important too 3.5+
>>
Is there a Foreign Legion I could maybe enter without learning another language (english speaker) that has more lenient medical disqualification?

As autistic as it sounds I've always wanted fight and the adventure in wartime appealed to me.

Is it possible that some foreign legion would maybe accept me and my atrophied left hand. I am completely healthy otherwise and am just sad that I cannot do the one thing I've always wanted to do because of my hand situation.

I've even considered maybe going in warzones just to fight for a side I see fit. (Defending Ukraine)
>>
>>35150326
You're gonna get shwacked. Go basic infantry first.
>>
>>35150356
But they don't want me because of my medical issue
>>
>>35150136
Nah Navy. SWO doesn't sound too bad besides being told by everyone "SWOs eat their young".
>>
>>35150123

Rangers are SOF. They sometimes play by a completely different set of rules than the Big Army since they report to SOCOM. Those guys are the ones out there actually slaying bodies.
>>
File: 1503886171922.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1503886171922.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>35150326
>I've even considered maybe going in warzones just to fight for a side I see fit.
>>
>>35150326
The fuck IS wrong with you left hand?
>>
Is 2 years enough time to prepare, physically, for SOF?
>>
>>35150379
>"SWOs eat their young"
w-what?
>>
>>35150600
Absolutely, less if you arent starting from super skelly or tub of butter mode.
>>
>>35150927
Fortunately, I'm already in the best shape of my life. I'd like to build upon that, however, and I would definitely like to be able to knock out a 10 mile run with ease but the time I get to where I need to be.
>>
>>35150967
buddy that sentence meant absolutely nothing.
>I'm already in the best shape of my life
Ok? IF you used to be 500lbs and now youre 300 thats true.
> I would definitely like to be able to knock out a 10 mile run with ease but the time I get to where I need to be
Did you mean by the time?
Either way whats your point? You want workout advice or something?
If that the case i need specifics about where you are now in terms of fitness.
>>
>>35147124
uhm, im joining the marines sweaty ;)
>>
>>35145094
just admit it was you lel
>>
>>35151014
>Sweaty
You gonna do a pre work out before you ship?
>>
>>35147842
they'll help with your tuition which is the same reason I joined that and I was going nowhere with a dead end job. I'd consider air force as their ranking system is imo easier to move up in. on a side note if interested in joining for the pension id suggest joining now cant disclose anymore info besides that
>>
>>35151071
well, the meps hotel does have a gym.
>>
Besides coasties, who has the best base locations?--for meeting ladies on the weekends, outdoor activities, nightlife, any form of entertainment, etc. I hear it goes Navy>Marines>Airforce>Army.

On top of that, which branch travels/"deploys" to the best overseas bases? My buddy in the air force has travalled the whole world. Seems like the air force is king.

I don't care so much about the conditions of the barracks-- just fun places and things to do on my free time whether it be fishing, hiking, or going out to fuck chicks
>>
>>35151076

The new retirement plan has been public for a long time.
>>
>>35151393
Bump for This
>>
File: US_Navy_SARC_Insignia_opt.jpg (54KB, 630x560px) Image search: [Google]
US_Navy_SARC_Insignia_opt.jpg
54KB, 630x560px
How realistic of a plan is it to go corpsman/SARC for 4-8 years, then go NROTC and return as an intel officer?
>>
File: IMG_2697.jpg (35KB, 450x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2697.jpg
35KB, 450x599px
>be me
>fatbody
>decided to join military cuz life at home sucks and have nothing better to do.
>it's stable job for at least 4 years
>get to get away from home
>start working out
>go from 235 to 215lbs in about 3 weeks
>can actually do 10 push-ups for 1st time in life
>still have a long way to go, but I actually feel like I can do it.

Feels good... feels real good. Are you proud of me, /k/?
>>
>>35151518
Keep at it m9 if you need some fitness advice im sure someone here will help you out
>>
>>35145173
I have 2 scars on my arm I got from work in the wearhouse I used to work in. Jagged piece of wood in a dumpster got my arm and another got my leg pretty good when I was rearranging shit to save money. What do I do if meps gives me shit and try's to say I self harmed?
>>
File: 1504311724726.jpg (106KB, 644x781px) Image search: [Google]
1504311724726.jpg
106KB, 644x781px
Quick Question:

Went through MEPS with one branch and got temp Disqualified for having an inguinal hernia i was unawares of. I have since got it fixed, but have to wait 6 months.

I feel like i could go in a few weeks. If i signed on with another branch and go through the motions again would they catch me at MEPS again & hold me back for the same amount of time, or could i get into basic in 60 days or less?

At this point i dont care which branch. I can't stand living with my family anymore and I dont have any qualifications to get a trained blue collar job.
>>
>>35148056
No such thing as a legally binding ASVAB. You have no obligation to join anything until you sign a contract. A lot of people take the ASVAB before they turn 18, and you can retake it every so often if you don't like your score
>>
I have IBS, astigmatisms in both eyes, and occasional migraines. Would any of these make me medically disqualified?
>>
>>35151393
>>35151412
navy is king
>My buddy in the air force has travalled the whole world
whats his job though? it may be situation specific. Anyone who is aircrew for cargo planes will see loads of places obviously.
>>
>>35151611
Tell the truth, desu. It's a plausible story. Plus, if the scars aren't smooth, clean and perpendicular/parallel, they'll buy your story. I have two small scars from my dogs jumping on me on my right arm, inner wrist. They actually look vaguely self-harmy because they look clean and parallel/perpendicular to my arm.
>>
Back in 2011 I enlisted in the IL national guard as a split option in high school. Went down to Benning for basic training in the summer between my junior and senior year. Ended up hurting my back and was put on a dead man's profile and missed most of ARM. Was sent home because of MRD instead of being recycled and was discharged with an ELS and RE-3 on my DD-214. I am currently living in NC and have decided that I want to enlist in the NC Guard. What are my chances of being able to reenlist?
>>
>>35151006
No, there's a wealth of information out there regarding workout routines. What I meant by best shape of my life is that I've gotten to the point where I am the most athletic I have ever been. Although that's probably nowhere near enough for SOF training, my body has been physically conditioned to withstand punishment from workouts and the like.

And by the 10 mile run remark, I'd like to be able to go knock out a 10 mile run by the time I'm ready to start SOF proper.
>>
>>35151393
In general, the Navy is the "perfect" branch. It does just about everything right. It has a great lineage and sense of tradition, but its personnel aren't moto retards nor incapable of adopting new technology to meet their goals. And on top of all of this, it is undeniably military -- you will be getting a genuine military experience with the Navy.

I think it strikes the best balance between enjoyment and discipline personally.
>>
>>35151902
>What I meant by best shape of my life is that I've gotten to the point where I am the most athletic I have ever been. Although that's probably nowhere near enough for SOF training, my body has been physically conditioned to withstand punishment from workouts and the like.
Again, this means absolutely nothing.
Give me hard metrics you sped.
height, weight, run times, bench, dl, squat, shit like that.
>>
>>35151942
>Height
5'6
>Weight
150 18% bf
>Run times
8:15 mile
>Bench
>DL
>Squat
>>
>>35151950
Keep in mind that the Deadlift max is w/ grip and a belt.
>>
>>35139598
>thinking of joining the navy
>reading about joining and find out certain medical conditions completely bar you from it
>Lookup some of my medical history
>Apparently I got diagnosed with tourrettes and adhd
>Both are no go's in the militairy
>Talk to my mom because I had no idea I had tourretes
>She says they tested me for it but I never had it
I havent had symptoms or taken medication for Adhd for about 10 years, and the tourettes is a misdiagnosis.
What do I do since its already on my medical file?
>>
>>35151950
run fatty run
>>
>>35151968
Yeah, my run time is by far my weakest link.
>>
>>35151980
how many pushups can you do in 120 seconds
>>
>>35151950
>>35151958
Those suck and youre a manlet. You need work. You should be running a 6 min mile, benching 275 for 1 at least and squatting over 3 pl and dead over 4 pl for reps especially with a damn belt.
>>
>>35140569
I was reading about the history of the Marines the other day. They were so much better back in the day. They just went along with the Navy, sailed to foreign lands, and fucked people up so the government didn't need to raise an army, use the militia, or hire private soldiers.
>>
>>35151981
Just did 65, but I also just did chest today, so I could probably knock out closer to 75 on another day.
>>
>>35141353
Pink and green is code for all the pussy and money they get.
>>
>>35152001
triple digits is competitive for SOF
>>
>>35152006
Should I shoot for around 150-200? I know SEALs will sometimes do thousands daily.
>>
Is 5'7" too short?
>>
>>35151854
Will do. I have no reason to lie. The ones on my arm are reasonably deep and wide. Probably should have gotten stitches. Dumbass me though it would have been better to just power through the day with a rag strapped to my arm.
>>
File: 1503968654640.jpg (495KB, 886x1842px) Image search: [Google]
1503968654640.jpg
495KB, 886x1842px
What job should I go for? I'm not very good with my hands and fixing things. I'm not very intelligent not am I strong. WTF should I do? I want to join the Air Force. I have an interest in Law Enforcement. Should I become a security guy ( I heard the job was boring) or MP? ( Is it true that most of the cases you get are domestic violence?)
>>
>>35151982
>Those suck and youre a manlet
>you're a manlet

Funny enough, they actually say that the smaller guys perform better during grueling training since they have less body mass to contend with.
>>
>>35152179
>since they have less body mass to contend with.
this makes absolutely no sense and is 100% unture.
>>
>>35152200
I remember watching a training video for BUD/s once (not the Class 234 documentary) and one of the instructors mentioned that they see guys who are "scrawnier" and smaller often able to put out just as much if not more than the beefcakes.
>>
>>35152216
Again literally none of that is true. The only guys who say that are seals. So in other words their perception of wahts "average" is super fucking warped. Average to them is stud as fuck compared to a normal man. When they tell you go run 10 miles on the wet sandy beach in boots tahts all physique, it doesnt have shit to do with your mind. They only say that cause they assume youre already in incredible shape. They take it as a given that youve been an athlete your whole life.
>>
>>35152231
That's a fair point.
>>
>>35152177
Iirc you do something that allows you to go to school while working. Mp/security work isnt much like police work.

Just being military helps with your resume, and police work isnt that much better than military.
>>
>>35152200
>running 45 miles
>weigh 40 pounds less than the next dude
>not helping
Hmm
>>
>>35151950
The lifts are impressive. However, being gym strong isn't what will help you with getting into SOF. My Marine Corps OSO told me that the guys who are gym rats are the ones who fail out of OCS. What you should focus on is muscular endurance--endurance overall. How well can you throw and move your body around? You should focus on being able to run fast and crank out as many pullups and pushups as possible.

In OCS, for example, a perfect PFT score has an 18:00 3 mile and 23 strict pull-ups. Focus on body weight exercises.
>>
>>35151967
You lie about it. There is no private medical file of yours that the military can pull up--no matter how much they lie to you and threaten to do it.
>>
File: 1505162469626.png (1MB, 1110x850px) Image search: [Google]
1505162469626.png
1MB, 1110x850px
>>35152328
Well shit
I fucking hate school. I had bad experiences in high school and they deter me from going to college. I don't know what to do with my life. I'm a NEET and I have no particular interests. What should I do? Sorry if this is in the wrong board. Maybe I should go to /adv
>>
When will the happening in Korea happen so I can drop out of my shit college and fly helos
>>
>>35151518
>20 lbs in 3 weeks
That sounds a little extreme for that timeframe. Please be careful, anon. That's almost a pound a day.

With that said. Good job. Keep up the good work, and best wishes.
>>
Would the FFL take someone who is AWOL from the US Military?
>>
>>35152542
why u awol
>>
How does one join 160th SOAR? How challenging is it?
>>
File: 1502020896373.jpg (21KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502020896373.jpg
21KB, 200x250px
>>35152500
Same, I wanna shoot some norks.
>>
Welp, I'm 18 and can't afford a good college. I'm also a bit scrawny.. is Annapolis an option? Any navyfags?
>>
>try to park at the nex at 5am
>choose spot in middle of parking lot
>old man Nex employee(?) tells me i cant park there, says to park 10ft further back in the same zone of the same parking.

Fucking civies and MWR employees working on base are the worst. They might as well be ISIS
>>
Going into Boot Camp as a Nuke, what should I study from the START guide before leaving?
>>
>>35151950

Just start doing more BW shit anon
>>
>>35139598
How does a foreigner join the US Military?
I want to join but I don't know the first thing to do.
>>
>>35152844
How to live with a prolapsed anus.
>>
>380 days left with 93 days of leave in that time

Fuck yeah
>>
>>35151871
It's possible. I'm going through the same thing right now, but not for a medical reason. Basically as long as you can show that your injuries are gone and you've made a full recovery, they can help you get back in. It involves a waiver and a few interviews and of course another visit to MEPS but it's doable. Just gotta find a recruiter who's willing to work with you. With the surge shit and trumps orders earlier this year to pump up our numbers again, you've got more of a chance than you did 2 years ago for sure
>>
I'm trying to join the Navy (active duty) right now. I had to send in some medical records for something I mentioned that isn't/will never be an issue (he wanted to send in the records to be safe) and I haven't heard from my recruiter in 2 weeks. I've heard of some people not being called back for a month or two after sending in their medical records. Is this true?
>>
>>35153085
You'd need to get permanent residence before joining the US Military.
>>
>>35153178
That sucks, I heard it was a common way of getting citizenship.
I don't particularly care about living in America, I just want to join its army.
>>
>>35149853
lol i didnt even get an email
>>
File: laughingsoldiers.jpg (29KB, 516x344px) Image search: [Google]
laughingsoldiers.jpg
29KB, 516x344px
>>35148200
not bad
>>
>>35153189
A better chance is to marry a US citizen to become a permanent resident. If you join, say, the Navy or something you'll probably end up not living in the US for much of your service anyway.
>>
>>35152542
Depende if they feel youll do the same with them then no.
The n1 thing the FFL looks for IS people Who are willing to stay after the initial 5 years contract as most people fuck off after that
So in order to prove that they like you having no other options a.k.a never finished highschool/college never had a real job, felonys etc.
The thing with americans IS that they are seem as spoiled and in their Land of fredums they could make a lot more money or simply be part of a biggest military so they are always sceptical of americana wanting to join.
Hopes It helped
T. Done Two years research on the FFL and shipping in december
>>
>>35153189
>I don't particularly care about living in America, I just want to join its army.

>I don't particularly want a reason to be a citizen, I just want to shoot people for citizens
what
>>
>>35152393
>18:00 3 mile
Which, for the record, is a feat in and of itself. Don't listen to all the track athletes here. Even one 6 minute mile is leaps and bounds beyond what most people ever do, let alone 3 of them.
>>
>>35147588
NFO is in high demand? By who, candidates or the Navy?

It's only a shit job if you're not willing to accept that you'll be the guy next to the guy flying the plane. If you're in the cockpit you've done good. Plus there's programs to jump from NFO to Pilot.
>>
>>35153384
Is it really that hard to understand?
I want to join an Army.
Why wouldn't I try to join the one with the most money going into it?
>>
>>35153443
It just doesn't make any sense. In non-conscription nations people join a the military, especially in America, out of a sense of duty or patriotism. For a good amount of people they may just want gibsmedats especially if they're pumping out 4 years of enlistment and fucking off. I know we used to have a program where you could join the military and become a citizen if you weren't already one but I think that's been defunded now.

But to join a foreign Army just because they have money for toys? I really don't get it.
>>
How vigorous is the MEPS physical. I have a slight heart murmur and I don't want to get denied in the pre-screen. I plan on disclosing it? Do you think they'll pick up on it at MEPS?
>>
>>35153592
* I plan on not disclosing it.
>>
>>35153486
I've just always wanted to be a Soldier ever since I was a child entering Primary School.
But some problems popped up and now I can't join my nations army for a few years and I'd rather not wait any longer.
So I'm looking for other militaries to join.
>>
>>35153443
Highest paid military by country goes like this
>Canadá
>UK
>USA
>France
>Germoney
So if It is only money youre after Canadá and FFL are much more open to Foreigner joining are you that finnish Guy?
>>35153486
Joining the army in countries that have no deployment is like studying medicine and never healing anyone its like studying arquitecture and never designing something its the heart of the career besides if youre gonna be a milicuck might as well serve the highest paying/better equipped bull right?
>>
>>35153617
Don't care about money.
So long as I have food and the other necessities I am content.

I'm from Great Britain and I am considering the Legion but I figured I may as well try to get into a English speaking army first.
>>
>>35153592
They wont notice it. No EKG or anything like that.
>>
>>35153611
>capitalizing "soldier" for no reason
youre gonna wash out of basic after you get bullied a shitload for being a fucking nerd

>>35153617
>So if It is only money youre after Canadá
>open to Foreigner
are you stupid or something? you need to be a permanent resident and to be able to hold a security clearance to join (they start you off at the lowest one which is basically "can read your own emails" but still)

>>35153630
>I'm from Great Britain
if you can get into your military, then most of the commonwealth participates in an exchange program with eachother. im not sure if every branch does it but the navy definitely does, you see a lot of NZ and australians puttering around Halifax

if you can't get into your military lmao you must be really out of shape or something but then again it should be good impetus to get a REAL job t. reservist

>>35153592
if you have the chance of dying during routine physical activity you probably shouldnt join the forces, let alone the crayon-eaters' department
>>
>>35153630
You have completely the wrong attitude and an ideal of yourself that hasn't been tested.
>>
How to not get stuck in fort hood for duty station

I hear nothing but horror stories
>>
>>35153684
I passed the Physical.
But I didn't mean to capitalise soldier, dunno why but I didn't mean to.

>>35153686
What attitudes that, I don't think I said anything wrong did I?
Probably being a retard but I have no idea what you're on about when you say I have an ideal of myself that hasn't been tested.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-13-10-21-17.png (187KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-13-10-21-17.png
187KB, 720x1280px
>>35153684
>Are you stupid or something?
No, are you?
They are simply the most laxed on a sensitive subject read the last part of the image.
>>35153611
If its really your dream to become a soldier I think you should start considering the FFL more seriously as there are a lot of cases like this one http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1245000/Soldier-rejected-British-Army-wins-French-Foreign-Legion-award-bravery.html
As long as youre willing to have a military career,stay with them after the first 5 years contract and make them believe you Will physical matters are almost second hand and youll be right Next to home.
>>
>>35153747
Thanks man, I'm recovering from a running injury right now but I will leave for France at the end of December.
>>
File: 7037356.png (3MB, 2039x2813px) Image search: [Google]
7037356.png
3MB, 2039x2813px
>>35139598
Do not bully Ran-shama!
>>
>>35139598
>>
>be in flight school inna Navy
>be in api
>told I needed to group study to do well
>very shy, don't group study
>now I'm in primary
>still told I need to group study
>still shy

How do I stop being introverted without alcohol? Can't exactly be drunk 24/7
>>
File: 1505164734863.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1505164734863.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>35153767
No shit m8 I got a ticket to mairseilles (right Next to the preselection centre in aubagne) for 16 december.
It feels nice to know that Someone Who lurks 4chan Will also try to join thats insane!
Bon courage Mon ami! Make sure to brush Up your french
>>
File: eligibility.png (143KB, 1226x822px) Image search: [Google]
eligibility.png
143KB, 1226x822px
>>35153708
stop capitalizing random shit you fucking nerd!!!

>>35153747
>phoneposter
>wikipedia
>no in-line citation

it takes a very long time to become a permanent resident and the enrolment process is already very stringent even for citizens. the forces' own website also does not mention any such entry method, and says you must have canadian citizenship

(the reserve force requirements are basically identical but are bizarrely not just copy-pasted)

the most likely thing is that permanent residents are allowed to join, since permanent residency is technically not the same as actual canadian citizenship

>>35153777
>inna Navy
>Can't exactly be drunk 24/7
WRONG
>>
>>35153786
I have No idea what You mean friend.
I Think you Need to chill.
>>
>>35153784
Nice man, I might go after Christmas.
Going to Paris though.
Trying to teach myself French but I am really struggling, how are you coming along?
>>
>>35153786
Ill have to agree with >>35153795
You need to chill and stop trying to be right everytime.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 248x203px
>>35153767
If you have an injury, DO not join the FFL. Having worked with them i can tell you there are 2 types of soldier there: big guys and skinny guys. And they all run, you will PT your fucking ass off, and not the smart kind of "wow, im a better person physically" no, its the "I'm getting cortisol shots in my joints at 35 because I'm fucking broken" kind of shit, even moreso than in the US army. Having a pre-existing injury you can lie about won't keep you out, but when you break, they wont keep you around.
>>
>>35153818
He wont know until he tries
>>
>>35153818
Don't worry senpai, it's Tendinitis.
It's pretty common in people new to running long distances and since I'm a poor-fag I can't afford running shoes.
Which, as you can guess, just makes it all the more likely to injure myself if I'm new to long distance running.
It isn't permanent, I appreciate your concern though.
>>
File: listen here motherfucker.png (140KB, 286x235px) Image search: [Google]
listen here motherfucker.png
140KB, 286x235px
>>35153817
dont get upset because you were wrong about something pertaining to a country you dont live in
>>
>>35153808
Well if you go to París fort de nogent and pass the 2-4 week selection they Will still send you to aubagne to re-do them btw thats why im going straight there.
I was born to a French citizen so I speak fluently altough i cant write for shit .
Hace you told your senpaitachi?
>>
>>35153949
My family is split up, but my father says I'm an idiot and that I should stop being such a fucking retard.
But he means it in a familial way.

I may go to Aubagne then.
You got an advantage though being able to understand verbal French.
I hear you get paired with a French speaker when you're in, if we're lucky maybe you'll be mine?

Wish you the best of luck though, mate.
>>
>>35153849
Is that Cristiano Ronaldo?
>>
>>35154017
Well if I get paired with a british kid ill make subtle references just to check.
I got a scar on my left eyebrown so watch out for that.
Good luck to you too youre very Brave for trying and you should be proud of yourself for walking a Path others may not understand but one that you believe in.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>35154094
Careful with that capitalisation you'll make >>35153786 cry.
>>
>>35154105
i find it upsetting because it implies you feel that common thing in your sentence has a lot more importance than it should, to a level bordering cultist tier mysticism and idol worship
>>
What is this idiot mumbling about?
>>
>>35152546
No one has info on this?
>>
File: SaintMichael.jpg (313KB, 1576x2358px) Image search: [Google]
SaintMichael.jpg
313KB, 1576x2358px
>>35154118
Nothing wrong with worshipping warriors, it's happened since the dawn of Man.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 500x250px
As a tween I was diagnosed with anxiety. depression, and ADHD. I've been off the meds for a while now, maybe a year, and I was considering joining US SF through the 18x pipeline. All "hurr durr enjoy being my cook!" Guys need not reply. I'm in very good physical shape, but that's not my concern. Even with waivers for all three, if applicable, will my past history of (((mental illness))) create issues for me?
Thanks boys
>>
>>35154179
"medical history" isn't real and is such a pain in the ass to get a hold of that whatever unit is handling your entry to the forces will just do their own physical exam and short mental exam, probably consisting of just a questionnaire
>>
>>35154201
My only concern is TS clearance and the riger of background checks for my interest area.
>>
>>35154240
>the riger
not gonna make it
>>
>>35154267
I'm not retarded, just a phone poster
>>
>>35154292
>riger
"riger" is not even a word, you cant blame autocorrect here
>>
>>35154305
Typing fast leads to mistakes hoss, but apparently an unconscious error means I'm mentally and physically disabled
>>
>rig
>Riged
>Rigger
How IS It not a Word?
>>
>332 post
>No new thread
Is /meg/ dead
>>
>Filling out SF86
>Employment section
>Remember I worked at McDick's a few years ago for a couple months
>Don't remember timeframe specifics
>Just remember being fired because one manager (assistant?) liked me and the other fucking hated him and me by extension
>Was unable to get my schedule from them, other shenanigans
>No contacts whatsoever who can verify I worked there at whenever this was, (maybe 3 years ago?)

Should I just leave it off?
>>
File: importat_graph.png (10KB, 553x233px) Image search: [Google]
importat_graph.png
10KB, 553x233px
>mfw
>>
>>35154441
I'm pretty sure the word the guy was trying to spell was "rigor"
>>
>>35154463
Nah just put down someone's name and the business phone number, don't leave it off
>>
>>35154240
TS doesn't check medical records.
>>
>>35153401
>By who, candidates or the Navy?
navy
>>
>>35154840
>>35154840

NEW THREAD

>>35154840
>>35154840
>>
>>35142310
is it harder to become Ranger or Seal?
>>
>>35150379
Being a SWO is fucking awful
I'd rather go AWOL than be a SWO
>>
>>35147912
No because I had none in my system whatsoever (hadn't smoked in 6 months) and nobody has ever seen me smoke weed other than friends (no cops, teachers, neighbors, or references that I used on my EQIP). So as far as they are concerned I've never smoked in my life.

If your in a similar situation do what I did. But if ur the anon that got caught up some be careful.
>>
>>35156623

>nobody has ever seen me smoke weed other than friends (no cops, teachers, neighbors, or references that I used on my EQIP)

This is why investigators ask your EQIP references to refer you to your stoner friends.

Admitting drug use on your SF86 has basically no consequences if you're up-front about it. Drug use only usually matters for your clearance if you try to hide it.
>>
>>35149498
Glad I could help with my ugliness
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.