[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prep Thread General /PrTG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 43

File: Top-10-Prepper-Supplies.jpg (576KB, 1000x740px) Image search: [Google]
Top-10-Prepper-Supplies.jpg
576KB, 1000x740px
There is patch threads, gear queer and lots of interest in those. There also seems to be a lot of people on here that are interested in prepping / shtf / BoB and general survival. So why no regular thread.

So yeah general ideas, plans, critique, advice or questions. There seems to be enough of a community here to get the ball rolling.
>>
>>32915551
What's a basic hazmat setup? Not mil spec shit from 50 years ago
>>
>>32915565
I'll bump for that and also what's a good gas mask that's not crazy expensive
>>
>>32915891
This one uses 40mm NATO filters and looks pretty good
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-NBC-Gas-Mask-German-Drager-Full-Face-Military-Police-M65-w-Filter-/361512864618?hash=item542bd88b6a:g:uP4AAOSwKadXPjXo
>>
What level of protection do 3m masks provide?
>>
>>32915913
Honestly I'm looking to try to go more civilian as if SHTF they will likely be more easily accessable
>>
>>32916012
I think it depends on the mask and what filters you are using. I mean shit if they are willing to use them at pharmaceutical plants and chem plants they can't be that bad.
>>
Would it be reasonable to assume that in a SHTF situation 5.56/7.62 NATO weapons would be best because of the availability of ammo from use in LE/Mil?
>>
I know it's somewhat of a retarded question but how much ammo is a reasonable amount to have stockpiled.

>Inb4 all of it

But in all honestly for someone living out away from a major city, with a self sustaining farm and a stockpile of food. How much ammo should I have? I'm not planning on fighting Infinite warfare in fact combat will be actively avoided unless absolutely necessary.
>>
>>32915565

This. 3M is a great place to start. They cost around a hundred dollars. Filters are not cheap either and you'll have to do some research into which ones are for CBRN usage.

Surplus gas masks and especially filters are not something you wanna spend 20 bucks on and then trust your life to. They MIGHT at best come in handy against non-lethal agents like CS but the filters for those old masks are equally ancient, not made anymore, way past their expiration date and will probably give you fucking cancer. There is a reason that surplus gas masks are so cheap, they are only good for cosplay and making bongs.

TL;DR spend your hundred bucks on beans, bullets and bandaids instead.
>>
>>32916012
>>32916050

Yeah the level of protection you associate with gasmasks is mostly down to the filter itself.

You can get several different types of mask (half, full and cover) but they are more to do with what work you will be doing with them.

The filter itself is the bit that is taking out the nasty things. 3M as well as other manufacturers make filters that cover from dust to full CBRN. You'll need to do a bit of reading but I think there is a standardized colour code system denoting which filters work on what contaminates.

Obviously the big thing you should do is not use a second hand filter since you have no real way of knowing its history and what's in it. Just buy a new one from a hardware or safety supply company.
>>
>>32916208

Start by building up to a case or two per major caliber that you leave in reserve. Build that up to several cases over time as funds allow and enjoy the hand-rubbing satisfaction of watching a couple boxes in the bottom of a closet turn into a couple of shelves and so on.

also IMO it's totally reasonable to not have thousands and thousands of rounds of your more oddball calibers like those for specific hunting rifles and magnum handguns. Having at least a few hundred and some basic handloading equipment is smart though if you can.
>>
>>32916147
Yes and 5.56 over 7.62. 5.56 and 9mm and the most common rounds in the country. In a real SHTF situation, meme rounds like 10mm and 300blk will only be useful until you're mags are empty. If you want to have weapons for emergency preparedness, then having anything besides 5.56 and 9mm (granted 40 is a close second to 9mm in terms of LE availability) is dumb.

tl;dr: Have an AR and a Glock 17/19 and you'll be in good shape.
>>
>>32916291
It's also worth pointing out that respirators and gas masks are not a fixed term solution.

It's either an escape measure or something you are using for a short period of time in an area that you wouldn't be able to survive in without it. You absolutely could not spend the rest of your life wearing one. It depends on how you use them but with constant usage you may need to change the filter every few hours. And if they're opened but not being used they only have a shelf life of 6 months.

Essentially in an end of the world scenario that you do need them. You will need as big a stash of filters as you would food.

A lot of people will point out that if you get to the point where you actually need one you probably have bigger things to worry about and are mostly likely already fucked.
>>
>>32916208
500 rounds in each caliber per gun.
>>
>>32916357

Yes and no. In a SHTF scenario, Ammo is going to be rare regardless of type. A lot of people have this idea that there will be NATO calibers and weapons laying all over the ground everywhere like pickups in a video game and that everything else will magically not exist anymore.

While common rounds will probably be easier to come by, don't expect to just "get" stuff that you don't already have. The big advantage to the common calibers for a prepper is going to be more options on a firearm of your choice and better prices on bulk ammo right now.
>>
>>32916357
So if I had one in 5.56, one in 7.62 and two 9mm pistols I should be in good shape for most situations.

>>32916428
But... Muh DayZ...
>>
>>32916742
In addition to my comment here, is simply having those two rifles and two pistols enough? I know some people are like shotgun for days, but I feel I'll be able to handle more situations with rifles.

For the record I wouldn't need to hunt my wife and I are vegetarian and already have a fully functioning farm as well as stockpiled food.
>>
>>32916350
If I only have three calibers would it be smart to only stock those three?
>>
>>32916742
i used to be a 9mm all the way guy, but seriously get a 10mm glock at some point. better material penetration, animal defense, hunting, etc. i feel like i have a k duty to get the word out.
>>
>>32916781

i can't wait to shoot you in the face and piss on your plants at the end of the world.
>>
>>32917424
Honesty due to the relative cheapness and availability of 9mm over 10 I'll probably stick with what I've got.
>>
>>32917433
>Not having a team
Are you assuming I'll be the only person at my homestead?
>>
>>32917459
since you're hemming and hawing about what guns to buy, yeah, i am assuming. plus you and your wife will be too weak to shoulder a rifle with that lack of protein in your diet.
>>
>>32917509
I was wondering about stockpiling ammo I have my rifle and two pistols. It's my wife that doesn't have a rifle.

And what sort of respectable preppers doesn't have a team of multi skilled individuals?

Also you clearly have never met a vegetarian.
>>
>>32917509
>Relying on animals as your only source of protein in SHTF
>>
>>32916044
Just get something with nato threads, or the 3m bayonet mount
>>
>>32918019
Fair play at least that'll offer versatility
>>
>>32915565
something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Lakeland-ChemMax-Encapsulated-Disposable-2X-Large/dp/B00CMXLE58/

sometimes you can get chemsplash suits with no boots or hood for a few bucks at places like job lots.
>>
>>32916742

That plus 12GA and .22lr would cover pretty much all your bases
>>
>>32915551
>So why no regular thread.
>>>/out/
>>
>>32918414
Out sent it back to /k/ they don't particularly like prepping
>>
>>32918407
What would be the purpose of the 12 and 22 if I'm not hunting?
>>
>>32918612
>>
>>32918635
Yeah but that still doesn't answer why I'd need them if I already have capable weapons?
>>
>>32918635
This doesn't take into account ranges that you may be dealing with hell I wouldn't want to be shot with anything up close but when you start pushing out to 200/300m I'd be curious to see the statistics then.
>>
Reality check, id rather have a 7.62 obviously, but your not wrong if you have a .22. There is a huge argument out there for weight, realibility, and price.

It's not a bad option at all, reality is if your actually forced to shoot at someone your going to be putting a lot of rounds down range anyway. 10 556 or 10 22 will still supress a target. The only real downside to a 22 is it won't be effective for hunting big game, but its advantage is its effective for smaller game.
>>
File: Fatalities-900x654.jpg (65KB, 900x654px) Image search: [Google]
Fatalities-900x654.jpg
65KB, 900x654px
>>32918649
in re reading the thread, they would be for hunting.

>>32918823
there also isn't info on load or barrel length, but those are real world results, not hypothesis.

in a shtf scenario i imagine ammo availability will be pretty much like what you would find at a small gunshow, albeit much more expensive.
>>
>>32918931
I doubt any intelligent person would be trading ammo if SHTF
>>
Local walmart is selling fleece blankets for $2.50, check it out maybe yours is too. Couldn't pass up the deal, bought several.

Practice your first aide knowledge people. Make sure you have a large first aid kit. Pack suture supplies, they might save your life. Anti-biotics are hard to come by, unless you buy them for fish! Most brands are perfectly safe for human consumption. Research anti-biotics, some have different uses. May save your life as well!

Own firearms. Can't own firearms? Own something. A slingshot will take out squirrels and other small game easily.

Practice your bushcraft! It's one thing having the knowledge, it's a completely other thing having the skill!

Keep a pantry in your basement, or anywhere you can set and forget. Rotate your supplies in it every 6 months. Canned beans are your friend.

Best of luck in your prepping!
>>
>>32918965
if you need medicine, or your baby needs formula, much better to spend some bullets at a low risk to your life than fight for them with more bullets at a high risk to your life.
>>
>>32918996
I will never EVER give bullets to anyone that I do know know and absolutely trust. If you do this you'll probably get them back at a higher velocity than you gave them.
>>
>>32919093
ymmv, having been in a few mildly fucked up places it doesn't turn into thunderdome.

if i'm getting close enough to other people to talk to them i'll sell them a few bullets for enough 14k+ gold.
>>
>>32919144
>having been in a few mildly fucked up places it doesn't turn into thunderdome.

Where have you been.
>>
>>32919144
Honestly I'll just say you do you, I personally will never trade ammo or weapons
>>
>>32916050
>>32916012
you can buy blank charcoal filter atachments with the impact covers on them but you can also buy the tiny replaceable inserts for chems bio or what have you. so i would venture to say. stack them on top of eachother. theres always a way.
>>
>>32915565
Former hazmat tech here. I don't have time right now to do a data dump, keep this thread alive and I can put out some info tomorrow.
>>
>>32916208
Start by getting 1 box of ammo per pistol mag, plus 1 for the pistol. With rifles, figure 3 boxes per mag, plus 3 for the rifle. Shotguns, go with 100 rounds of slug, 100 rounds of buckshot, and 500 rounds of birdshot
>>
>>32920509
Sounds like a plan.
>>
>>32921039
Do some states have limits on how much ammo you can buy at one time or is that more a store by store basis
>>
>>32917719
thinking you can get as much protein out of vegetables as out of meat without overeating other stuff
>>
>>32922283
I know California has monthly purchase limits, I'm not sure if that law has gone into effect yet.

If you do live in a state with limits, buy up to the limit as often as you can. Plus, once or twice a year, spend a week in neighboring states, making the rounds of ammo stores and stocking up.
>>
>>32922535
Of course not but depending on the situation, and time of year, meat may be a luxury. Plus the fact if SHTF it'll be hard to safely store meat.
>>
File: vegetarian-presentation-13-638.jpg (45KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
vegetarian-presentation-13-638.jpg
45KB, 638x359px
>>32922535
While it may not be the exact same, depending on what you are growing it's not far off.
>>
>>32922624
To expand on this idea, you also want to invest in reloading gear. At the very least, get a Lee Loader for every caliber you own. Then, as time and money allow, you can move up to something like an RCBS Rockchucker.

Early on, you'll want to invest in a kinetic bullet puller, a good (non-electronic) powder scale, a vernier caliper, and possibly a micrometer. Plus about 3 different reloading manuals.

The reason for this is, you can reuse the components of ammo that you don't have a gun for. Anything you find or trade for becomes raw materials. You'll have to make your own rig for pressing out Boxer primers, you can probably do that with a large C clamp and an assortment of long drill bits.
>>
>>32919144
Do you have a cut-off point, where you no longer accept metal in trade because the situation is too far gone? If not, that's one of the eventualities you should keep in mind.
>>
>>32918601
But they like the hell out of planning for the Rainbow Gathering. There's something to be said for wild bareback sex with unwashed hippie chicks, but you definitely want to be up to date on your shots.
>>
>>32923030
I feel like I caught something just reading that.

>>32922955
How would one get into reloading as a totally newbie
>>
>>32922624
I'll have to find out what my states laws are.
>>
>>32923684
You also might want to consider buying ammo from several different stores, and pay cash about half the time.
>>
>>32923086
>How would one get into reloading as a totally newbie

Start with bare bones gear, Lee Loaders or comparable. Pick up at least 2 different manuals, from 2 different manufacturers. Read each manual at least once. You don't have to memorize load data, or anything like that, but you might want to do caliber and load comparisons between the 2 books. This is one of the reasons for having multiple manuals.

Then, you find the place near you that caters to reloaders. Go in there and ask questions. There's no shame in letting them know that you're a noob. Make sure you buy something, a different manual or a powder trickler or something like that. There's probably online forums, you could try those.

Don't rely on just one source of information.
>>
>>32922687
Black beans may be feasible in the south, but in you need to rely on meat, due to the weather simply not making it possible to easily grow them.
>>
where would I get a 60mm to 40mm filter adapter? I have an older mask (yugo M1, copy of US M9) thats 60mms and I wanna run 40s that are new but I need to adapt it down, where would I get that?
>>
>>32922649
You can still smoke it, make jerky or sausage. If you dont have any liners for sausage (or dont want to clean intestines) you can just cook the meat into glas or metal containers, and seal them while they still are hot. This though requires that you are stationary.
>>
>>32923989
Forgot to mention, it also doesn't hurt to have a rudimentary black powder set up. A cap and ball revolver, plus a muzzle loading rifle. BP is easier to make than smokeless powder, and bullet molds are a thing.
>>
>>32924004
You can try your local building market.
>>
>>32924028
like a contractor supply place? home depot or more commercial?
>>
>>32924046
I think homedepot should be good enough, or just use the internet

You should probably find out what kind of screwing it is. I am no expert on it, but it can be that the have certain angles and such.
>>
What's the easiest ways to make your home defendable, are things like range cards reasonable or markers? I'm less talking about inside the home more reaching out and touching people
>>
>>32924004
https://www.mainemilitary.com/productcart/pc/Canadian-Finnish-Gas-Mask-Filter-Adapter-258p1632.htm

lots of other army navy and surp places

>>32924936
sandbags
>>
>prep thread
>nothing but weapons and emergency gear
Yeah, go buy some water and food, and you'll live another miserable week in the cold barren wasteland. That's the reality of prep bullshit.
>>
>>32925030
that' more of >>>/out/ 's thing. This is mostly prep with weapons and military gear in mind.
>>
>>32925030
/out/ doesn't like prepping, /k/ doesn't like prepping, so we kinda have to talk about either one side or the other
>>
>>32916208
I have much more .22lr and 12 ga than I have .25-06 and .243.

I'd have much more 5.56 or 7.62 than I would 12 ga. Depends on what calibers you have, and what you want to do with them
>>
What's better to make your home look derelict or make it look like an inpenetrable fortress. I've seen arguments for both sides
>>
>>32924936
Depends on how much time and effort you're willing to invest. Range cards aren't a bad idea. One for each door, window, and louvered vent. Then a sub master for each side of the house, and a master for the whole house. Now you know where your blind spots are.

You don't want to put a lot of resources into forting up, but another anon mentioned sandbags. Not a bad idea. Cheap and flexible. If you do that, also go with plywood barriers for all windows. Prevents ingress as well as defeating thrown weapons. Have a way to barricade doors, too.

Nearby landscaping elements can be salted with booby traps. All you have to do is add a rat trap and a trip wire to a 4 winds shotgun, now you have a ghetto claymore. Make them out of schedule 80 PVC for extra disposability. They won't mow down a wave of attackers, but anybody who catches a kneeful of shot or plastic shards is out of your hair. And their element of surprise just went away.

Farther out, say 75-100 yards, you can rig some tell-tales with things like those little LED keychain lights. Set them up in a shroud, pointing directly at one of your observation points. Have it set so that they come on when somebody disturbs the tripwire. If you want to go more complicated, you can do the same thing with solar powered garden lights. Use the kind that have motion sensors. These can also be used to initiate all manner of surprise party goods.

The most important thing is to know when to bug out, and to have a secure route for doing so. If you piss off enough people, they'll eventually be willing to absorb whatever losses they have to if it means they get to burn your place down around your ears.

To be continued-
>>
>>32925329
then just call it extended camping, or wilderness survival that you get to pack for
>>
>>32915551

For years, there was a stank at the back of my garden. Never really bothered about it, until I was landscaping the entire garden.

Lifted the stank up, expecting it to go into a drain outflow from the house, and lo and fucking behold, it's a ready made inspection chamber.

My house sits on a hill, with a row of others, all detached. The main outflow drain runs from the top house, under the back garden, and then runs down all the gardens.

I spoke to my neighbour, and he has a stank, but under his is only a small drop before the drain.

I've got the actual inspection chamber which is for testing water quality, etc. It's not been accessed in over 30 years.

I've started digging out the sides, it's all supported with concrete side slabbing. I'm trying to get enough space to stockpile some basic, long term supplies in case SHTF, but I'm also looking at it as a panic room potential for SHTF. I'm going to start digging towards my shed and brace it, then clear out a basement under my shed.

Good times ahead.
>>
>>32926197
Continued-

If you're under seige, you'd better have an escape tunnel available. For that matter, it's not a bad idea to have a lot of your gear and supplies buried under your house. At least 3 feet below ground level. If you do the escape tunnel thing, make it come out far enough away that you don't pop up inside the hostile perimeter.

A relatively quick way to get a lot of the tunnel done is to rent a backhoe or bobcat, dig trenches, and lay in 24 or 30 inch resin culvert. Seal the fuck out of the joints, so your tunnel doesn't flood. Figure out a cover story for the activity so your neighbors don't get too nervous. Putting in a decorative pond at the same time isn't a bad idea, it gives you a nearby water source.

If you do have to escape via tunnel, you want to cover the in-house entrance. Set the place on fire and split. Leave a few small propane cylinders at different points, just to add to the spectacle. The idea is to hold attention while discouraging firefighting attempts. You're using that time to make your great escape.

Come back a week later to dig up the Pelican cases with the rest of your stuff.
>>
>>32925693
There's no perfect answer. If it looks like a ruin, you might draw squatters. If it looks like Fort Knox, somebody might start wondering about what you're protecting. Then he puts together a small army.

Your best bet is to have a community of like-minded individuals to rely on. That way, you get defense in depth. You also get diluted risk, and your back isn't immediately against the wall if somebody notices you.
>>
>Well built quality gunfighter belt
>Ammo
>Skill training
>Two weeks of food/water/energy stored

The rest I guess will come down to luck and situation. Beyond two weeks I think its hard to justify. Unless its a hobby for you. In which case its no harder to justify than people who build race cars in their garages. If you have autism and must obsess over something, perfect way to get involved in skill training. Having 20 years of food storage is weird if you dont even know how to read a map. Go out there and camp, hike, shoot, workout, train, test you and your gear.
>>
File: SHTFLoadout.jpg (152KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
SHTFLoadout.jpg
152KB, 680x650px
>>32924936
This may sound silly, but plywood and 2x4s.
Get enough plywood to cover every window. Like buy a bunch of fucking plywood and cut that shit so it's precut and all you have to do is put that shit up against the windows and nail it in and you have a perfect fit, then you can use 2x4s to reinforce it. You could even buy a bunch of plastic tarps and a stapler gun, so you put this plastic tarp over the window and add a layer of insulation in case there's any NBC attack. So then you have a layer of plastic AND some fucking wood. You'll keep out bandit scum trying to raid your shit and potentially harmful particulate matter.

Putting sandbags up against thin will might be a wise idea. You can buy the sand bags empty and store them with your wood, ready to fill when needed. You never know when someone might try to shoot through your walls. If you decide to leave a hole in one of your windows to take as a firing position, you could stack sandbags all around it

And who could forget barbed wire? Seriously. If I saw barbed wire around the entrance to a boarded domicile, I'd just walk away.

Don't forget your generator! You'll definitely want the convenience of electricity. Why not go get yourself a 55 gallon drum barrel and store some fuel in there? With proper maintenance, your fuel can last up to 3+ years.

Talk about defense.
>>
>>32927211
Literally everyone would be after that place. Might as well paint a huge target on your back.
Just move all your important survival shit to the basement, and smash out the windows. Maybe even bust your own door down, make it look like it's already been looted.
Then just put like a shelf or cabinet or something in front of the basement door.

Being able to defend yourself from attackers is nice, but when there's too many you'll be overwhelmed. Period. But when not a single soul knows you like there, you don't have to worry about constant attackers.
That, and a basement or attic would be a lot easier to defend than a whole house. You'd basically just have to keep a gun pointed at the entrance.

That would be my plan anyway. my basement is a trap door, and it's out of the way in a laundry room. Just cover it with something and nobody would check twice.
>>
>>32927211
you need duck tape for a particulate seal
>>
>>32918996
Baby formula? Nigger, that's what titties are for.
>>
>>32917719
>Sorry we don't have any meat, bud. Just eat this fucking handful of sesame seeds
>>
File: IMG_5083.jpg (689KB, 2364x3096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5083.jpg
689KB, 2364x3096px
reporting in
>>
File: IMG_6877.jpg (161KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6877.jpg
161KB, 1000x667px
Long overdue thread. Reporting in.
>>
>>32919144
>shiny rocks
>when shtf
>>
>>32927614
What about if your property already looks somewhat targetable? For example I have a perimeter wall and within that a farm, bees, two houses etc. I have a team of about 20 minimum that plan on coming to me if SHTF. In my case would it be more vital to be vigilant and stay well armed/protected and willing to defend ourselves rather than tearing our shit up?
>>
>>32928121
Well when you have a team of 20 you don't have to be scared of shit, you'd probably be the one DOING the raiding after a while. But for the average house and lone guy and his family like me I'd prefer just to stay hidden.

Do you plan on releasing the bees if you get attacked?
>>
What's the bare minimum ingredients to make moonshine with a pot still?

I figured you can grow potatoes because they carry a decent amount of yeast
And for sugar I figured I could keep a beehive.

So can I make shine with just potatoes, honey, and water?

This alcohol can be used for disinfectant or barter.
I figure being able to make alcohol is a valuable trade in some long term SHTF scenarios.
>>
>>32927870
Where's your water and dehydrated food storage?
Are you storing simple painkillers and over the counter antibiotics?
What about your garden?

Or are you just an edgy zombie prepper with a bunch of gasmasks and a Mosin Nagant?
>>
>>32928388
ausfag with nogunz :( and yes i do have ...food water and other basic necessitys ..the gas masks are a collection more than a prep
>>
>>32928388
no mosin because i dont want to pay 800 for licencing a safes just to pay 800 for a nugget and over a dollar a round ...surplus rounds are super hard to find in aus
>>
>>32928227
I'm working on training them to drop mortar shells like the ISIS Drones.

I guess your right I'm hoping to use my home as a hub to try and build out from and then if something happens we can fall back.
>>
>>32927911
What is this for? "Get home bag", "Bug out Bag" or just general supply bag?

Just some things to consider..

>Hand warmers are great, but IMO are 9/10 a waste of weight and space. Just get really good gloves.

>Drop those radios and get programmable beofangs

>Drop the little toothbrush shit and floss. If SHTF you dont need that stuff. If you really want it, just get a travel sized toothpaste and a small 4in tooth brush.

>Add protractors, map pens, map of your AO (Unless thats whats in that folder)

>Consider a mutlitool
>>
File: ytrhrh.jpg (197KB, 1026x955px) Image search: [Google]
ytrhrh.jpg
197KB, 1026x955px
>>32928595

Its just a fragment of my old BOB. Pay no attention.
>>
So my basic plan is to buy a bunch of cheap but functional equipment for as many people possible. I've got roughly 10-20 people that would bunker down with me if shit went south and I'd like to start saving up to outfit everyone with something. My philosophy is that 5 $300 ARs pointed in one direction are better than one $1500 AR that is tricked out pointing in the opposite direction.

I'm thinking of getting a bunch of cheap plate carriers and AR500 steel plates. I want cheap because I want to have some level of protection for as many people as possible. Comfort doesn't matter that much to me as this would mostly be a "Shit, someone is coming. Get as ready as possible and expect issues." sort of thing. Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>32929056
Suggestion 1:

Buy 10 ChiComs, 10 Duty Belts with One Canteen per and One small med kit.

Suggestion 2:

Do not do that. Heres the thing, you might assume those people will come, and spend all this money getting them ready and what not, and then 'if' anything ever even happens maybe they dont show up. Heres a reality check, unless you train each one of those people, giving them armor, guns, or medical supplies, wont matter as much as you think it will. If they cant properly use a tool, then it doesn't matter what tool they have. Id much rather have one or two guys who know what they are doing, with well built weapons and kits, who I can really trust, on my side then 20 people with shit quality stuff, who have absolutely no idea what the fuck to do.

The only way that something like that would be successful is the theory of a show of force, or maybe if you had check points around your neighborhood. But honestly, id rather spend the extra money on ME, or someone I really trust, who can be effective. Now if your rich and you already have a perfect kit then so be it, but unless you are totally good to go, your actually hurting the group by outfitting them rather than you (assuming you know what your doing).

You can hand 10 people rifles, but if they dont understand what effective suppression is, they wont do a damn thing and will run through your ammo like its nothing. I respect your selflessness but I know the best way to protect my family is put the proper tools in my hands, not necessarily theirs.
>>
>>32929204
To second suggestion 2, look at fire squads. leader, heavy gunner, few riflemen and a corpsman. each trained in and carrying specialized kits. everyone should have basic survival, markmanship, and medical training, but that never outweighs people trained specifically.
>>
I'm all for being prepared but most people don't understand logistics or even know first-aid. Simply put, most "preppers" will die a week into anything at all. Probably sooner if they bug out instead of setting up a defensible position.
>>
>>32929386
part of that is because MOST people never bother to spend the time to learn because they are attached to facebook and twitter. I cant get the wife to spend 10 mins to learn how to properly operate a firearm let alone teach her how to administer basic first aid. I've already accepted she will be the first to go.
>>
>Being overweight
>Not knowing landnav
>Now knowing fieldcraft
>Bugging out
>Zombie fantasy
>Terrible shot groups
>Condor PC
>No Plates
>Replica helmet
>Neck beard
>Criminal Record
>2 Knives on war belt
>Backup EDC Handgun (But cant bend over to get it becuase belly)

friendly reminder all these are characteristics of your local doomsday prepper
>>
>Being overweight
>Not knowing landnav
>Now knowing fieldcraft
>Bugging out
>Zombie fantasy
>Terrible shot groups
>Condor PC
>No Plates(plates are illegal in australia)
>Replica helmet(ballistic /r helm illegal to)
>Neck beard
>Criminal Record
>2 Knives on war belt
>Backup EDC Handgun (But cant bend over to get it becuase bell (also illegal)
>>
>>32929506
>>32929550
heres the (you) you were looking for
>>
>>32927211
Do you have a template of that?
>>
If you had to put together a team what sort of skill traits would you try to pull? My idea is:
>Everyone minimum first aid and marksmanship.
>1 or 2 specialised medics (nurses/EMT/doctor)
>Mechanic / engineer
>Agricultural know it all
>Carpenter/handyman
>Ex military/LEO

Any others people can think of?
>>
>>32915565
Former hazmat tech here. A basic PPE set up will be-
Respirator. Full face, and fit tested so you know it seals to your face. I prefer 3M because they're everywhere, but anything that's NIOSH approved gives the same level of protection. Civ respirators give better protection than mil gas masks.

You want to select your cartridges based on the most likely threat you'll face. Organic vapor or multigas cartridges will cover most things you're likely to encounter. You also want to stock a couple of sets of acid gas or chlorine cartridges. Know the threats in your area. Whichever cartridges you get, get the P-100 prefilters that snap on over them.

Next up, your Tyvek suit and hood. Don't get the kind that have the hood as part of the suit. You'll either break your respirator seal or rip the back out of your suit the first time you look down. Get the style of Tyvek that's got an impermeable coating. You can buy suits and hoods in cases of 25. Do that so you have some to practice with, and spares. You want the style of hoods that have elastic around the face opening.

Then get about 4 boxes of nitrile exam gloves. Stay away from latex, it doesn't have the same resistances.

The final bit is rubber boots. Get the ones that have the smooth outer surface.

Next, we talk about putting it all together.
>>
>>32930263
The first thing you do is fit and adjust your respirator. You want it to seal, but you don't want it so tight that it cuts off circulation to your face. Twenty minutes of that will give you a headache that'll last for 3 days.

Once it's fitted, carefully take it back off. Stick it into a Tyvek hood and work it into the face opening so the elastic goes around the lens and behind the filters and exhaust valve. Now, carefully duct tape the hood to the mask. You want to seal every inch of that elastic, without blocking the lens, filters, or valves. Using a lot of short pieces of tape is easier than wrestling with fewer long pieces.

When you're done with that, flip the hood part halfway inside out over the respirator. It should be hanging over the facepiece, with the straps and nosecup facing outward. When time comes to suit up, you stick your face in, slide the straps back into position and tighten, then flip the hood down over your head and shoulders. This happens last, after you put everything else on.

The first thing you would do is put the suit on. It's a coverall, step in and zip up. Then cover the entire length of the zipper with 1 long strip of duct tape. Fold over the last 3 inches of tape to give yourself a bail out tab.

Then a pair of nitrile gloves. Cuffs over gloves, more tape to seal them together. Don't forget the tabs. Second pair of gloves over the first. No tape, these get changed as they get dirty.

Finally, rubber boots. Cuffs over boots, tape and tab.

As mentioned before, your pre-prepared respirator/hood assembly goes on last. The hood part will come down around your shoulders like a cape. Use a couple of pieces of tape to keep it from riding up.
>>
>>32930263
Random anon here, how do you feel about Sperian masks and cartridges? Specifically their Survive-Air Opti-Fit and their P100 multicontainment cartridge?
>>
>>32930263
what was that chem tape called that you put around your arms and legs?
>>
>>32915551
The most overlooked aspects of Prepping/SHTF threads that I find are:

1) Shelter in Place vs Bail Out/Bug Out
I feel that almost everyone in these threads thinks they're going to take their 72hr bag and run into the woods and just survive. They don't even consider an SiP plan.

2) MilSpec is shit. The military literally goes to the lowest bidder. Why does everyone jump at overprices surplus shit when the civilian market has infinitely better equipment, often at better prices?

3) "Common calibers" shit. Unless you have it yourself, odds are you aren't going to be finding much if any ammo on your adventures, especially if you bail out. And you aren't going to be engaged in major firefights, if you're smart at least, so really you should be going with what you're best with, and hoarding ammo for that.

4) Short of an armed invasion, for a long period of time society will go on. At least at the local/town level. Does anyone have plans for that? For example, a communal survival effort in the event that society collapses? As you would survive a lot longer, and have more resources?
>>
>>32930386
At least if you go inawoods, you'll find lots of SKS's just laying around.
>>
All this shit tier prepping. Do you even missile bunker? Air filtration, monitoring on parameter, fenced, fucking blast doors... its like you arent even trying.

http://www.missilebases.com/altas-e-
>>
>>32930482
Well thats no fun, will ruin the whole experience
>>
>>32930497
Yeah, because running out of food after a week and resorting to eating cats is my idea of a good time. Have fun, I'll be chilling in my hot tub 140 feet under ground.
>>
>>32930519
Rather die in an extraordinary situation than rotting in a bunker, no offense
>>
>>32930131
If you find a gunsmith that could be useful. Other than that it looks like you have all the bases covered.
>>
>>32930386
Honestly anyone that wants to bug out and live innawoods is destined for death, unless you have a BOL then bugging out is pretty retarded.

Milspec may be shit but it's cheap and fairly available hence the reason people buy it.

I agree hoping to find a case full of ammo fallout style is retarded but the possibility of coming across an undestroyed police station or gun store, hell even finding shells to use to reload may be useful.

Yes and no, while I'd like to help rebuild part of me doesn't trust Joe public not to go full retard if something goes bad. State and local governments seem to look out for themselves when shits going well I don't want to think what would happen if things go south.
>>
>>32917459

>implying >>32917433
isn't the only one to shoot you in the face.

filthy vegan scum.
>>
>>32930543
Good point well made I like it.
>>
Do you guys have load outs for family members on top of your own?

what do you have set aside?
>>
>>32930886
I'm not a vegan you dippy cunt
>>
>>32929204

I wouldnt even both with canteens, stockpile bottled water.
>>
>>32930912
My BOB has a kit for her, I have some basic great but I'm not going to load her out completely. Where possibly I'm going to keep her out of combat as she is the current primary medic.

I think it depends on who it is, if I had a son old enough then maybe. But the extended family when they turn up they need to bring their own shit.
>>
>>32916357
5.56 rifles can fire .223, yes? Just not vice versa?
>>
>>32930912

I have 3 chi com sks chest rigs with a oil bottle for family, I have modern russian gear, and I have a chi com ak rig with a spare ak available.
>>
>>32930947

yes, 5.56 is higher pressure then .223.
>>
>>32930916
vegan, vegetarian.

human beings have incisors and canines for a reason. We're omnivores. Thousands of years of evolution and people get all nu-age hippy because it's the "trendy" thing.

you're still a philistine.
>>
>>32918996

suck on her breast, feed the baby and you.
>>
>>32930982
I'd rather grow more food on the little land I have. Also the fact that I'm a vegetarian doesn't magically stop me from eating meat you mong. If we have to we can, plus other members of my team eat meat so just because I personally won't be eating it doesn't mean that there won't be any stocked. It means I won't be hunting it or raising any animals as I'm using that and for fruit vegetables and bees which offers higher yield of produce compared to their animal counterparts.
>>
>>32929056

buy 20 of thesehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/MILITARY-ORIGINAL-VIETNAM-WAR-CHINESE-TYPE-56-AK-TYPE-CHEST-RIG-AMMO-POUCH-/162179109930?hash=item25c2a0d42a:g:Gd0AAOSw0UdXvWCt
>>
What are you guys' favorite SHTF blogs? I like shtfplan, shtfpreparedness, survivalpulse et al
>>
All of you decked out in BDU'S and chest rigs will be the first to die, your just asking to be shot at.

regular clothing and a shoulder bag with mags is the best bet.
>>
>>32931045
/K/
>>
>>32931071
Yeah I'm not going to wear Camouflage if I'm in woodland. There's a reason people buy them fucknut strangely they have purposes outside of "Muh asthetics"
>>
>>32931071
Gets shot at
>Hold on guys I just need to rummage in my bad full of clothing and food and other things so I can find my magazines.

Sounds like you are well on your way to becoming an hero
>>
>>32929056
Why are they not buying their own shit?
>>
how many prepcucks here are urban and have no location to bug out to if/when SHTF and WROL is upon us?
what's your strategy (long/short term)? what do you focus on in your preps? how optimistic are you? do you think you are doomed?
>inB4 inna woods, if you're truly urban with no country home, you've got no skills to survive in the wilderness and we all know it
>inB4 people who already live in the middle of nowhere write about how living in the middle of nowhere is the only way to go?
>>
>>32930963
Is it the same principle for 7.62 NATO and .308?
>>
>>32931759
While I will sing the praises of living away from a major populous. It does have its downsides, to function properly you really do need a team. If SHTF and eventually things start getting pieced back together we will likely be the last ones to know about it and so we have to prepare for the long haul.
>>
>>32930303
I have limited experience with Survivair gear. It's NIOSH approved, so it's more a matter of how comfortable you are using it.
>>
>>32930308
I call it duct tape. That works well enough for our purposes. Things have gone badly wrong if you need anything more specialized than I've outlined.
>>
>>32930271
Ran out of time, had to do a few other things. Keep the thread alive, when I get a chance I'll go into setting up a half-assed decon station. We're also going to have a realistic discussion about what are the most likely threats we'll be facing
>>
>>32931109

>doesnt know what a mag shoulder bag is
>>
>>32931761

.308 is higher pressure then nato.
>>
I have no plans for long term survival since I require medication to live. My first goal is to raid every pharmacy in the area. Since I'm urban it should be easy. After that wait until the heat dies down before I attempt to leave. Getting stuck in traffic isnt my idea of fun.

Even if I manage to scrounge up enough supplies to last a lifetime the shelf life wont be past 10 years when refrigerated. If it were a truly irreversible situation we found ourselves in I would be a community expendable asset since I'm dead anyways. Might as well make use of me.

It would be killing two birds with one stone. If I live after a raid than thats fine, but If I die its one less medical liability for my town.

I'm from a small tight knit community that has a high population of veterans. There is also an integrated native population that still maintains a warrior culture based on birth order.

All first born sons are blue, second born sons are red. Order alternates if more than one child.

red and blues take turns raiding and defending, alternating each year.

Hopefully the rest of the town follows suit with that idea since its simple, and I dont think the natives have enough able bodied men to take more than 200 casualties.
>>
>>32931873
It would still fire though I'd just have to fiddle with the gas settings.

>>32931865
Just fuck off with your purse. The only reason you are saying civies is because you are butthurt at the fact you live innacity and will likely become one of Jamal's eunuchs.
>>
>>32931797
Thanks man, one last question though if you could...

Whats the major difference between a multicontainment cartridge and NBC cartridges? From what I see the multicontainment cartridges seem like they absorb a lot of materials (pic related), and should hold a bit against everything. Why is NBC rated to handle nerve agents and etc while the other cartridge isnt? Is it the amount and grade of activated charcoal?

I just want to know if its really that much better.
>>
>>32931879
>My first goal is to raid every pharmacy in the area. Since I'm urban it should be easy.

Assuming every other smack head in the city hasn't already done that
>>
File: MC.png (133KB, 1411x221px) Image search: [Google]
MC.png
133KB, 1411x221px
>>32931887
>>32931797
Fucked up, pic related here.
>>
>>32931893

agreed. No way of knowing exactly what will happen unless it does. Thankfully every box store in the area has a pharmacy Target, meijer, kroger, and wal-mart.

All but wally world are a literal block away from me. Hopefully I'll get the jump, and if times available I'll snag some ammo and non-perishables to bolster my already small stock.
>>
>>32931907
Are you able to refill your prescription a few days before you need it?
>>
>>32931933
Type 1 diabeetus. Stocks are ususally kept on hand, but not in demand enough for junkies to want to grab.
>>
>>32931939
Well what you could theoretically do, if your able to. I know some prescriptions give you a window to pick up your prescription normally a few days before. Pick up your meds at the earliest possible opportunity and then use those while putting the unused meds from the previous month to one side.

Repeat each month slowly adding small amounts of meds to your stockpile. Remember when you get new meds swap them with the ones stored. This'll mean you'll always have the longest shelf life on your meds if that makes sense.

I've heard it's something some preppers who need medication do though I don't know if it'll be any help to you.
>>
File: 1478358700914.jpg (1MB, 1760x826px) Image search: [Google]
1478358700914.jpg
1MB, 1760x826px
>>32918931
>9mm weaker than .22lr
>LOLOLOLOLOLOL
>>
>>32931788
true enough, I mean it's obvious that during the actual collapse, being outside of an urban center will be a lot more comfy. on the other hand, unless you are already self-sustained with food and water on your land, once supply chains fully break down, country is just as screwed. rebuilding will likely start with cities and general trade and services, even in WROL will be easier to get in a city

there are people today, in fully functional 1st world we live in, who have to travel 2 hours to get to a hospital, while it takes most city people 10-15 min max. in SHTF with no transportation, unless you have a dr or nurse in house, you better not get sick

>I still think country is better, but there are downsides to both
>>
>>32932103
I'm lucky my wife's a nurse I'm a former 68W and a trained paramedic. So as far as healthcare goes we are probably in a better position than most. But honestly if anyone is on here and wants to get into prepping and lives out in the woods. It truly is a case of go big or go home.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 780x585px
My plan is pretty much just put on my STALKER outfit and live as though I am in the zone.
Maybe open a comfy tavern in the first boat I find, maybe just wander around writing "blowout soon" on walls.

Maybe try and breed doggos for food, fun, and company.

Maybe just go around collecting cars and putting them in cool collections out in the middle of nowhere.

Most likely just die all alone somewhere shit within a week while choking on my gas mask's shitty filter.

I mean fuck, the world's dead, who really cares anymore. At least I will have meaning beyond simply keeping my cells respiring.
>>
>>32931882

I'm in rural PA,you'll be picked off by some fudd with a deer rifle dressed like that, or by me.
>>
>>32932143
OK clearly daddy didn't point out the idea of camouflage and concealment to you. But most people don't wander around like fucking deer. Anyone with half a brain will know better than to just fucking tramp through the woods. Jesus anyone doing that deserves to be shot but you and your fudd family.
>>
>>32932143
>>32932155
>thinking that fudds will make the decision to shoot or not based on your apparel

The gear faggotry on this board is getting out of control.
>>
>>32932171
OK kiddo you clearly are not getting my point here. The point of Camouflage isn't a fashion statement it's to not be seen. It's to help break up your figure and generally speaking avoiding detection is broken down into six main sections.

Shape, shine, shadow, silhouette, spacing and movement.

These are the key principles. You don't want to get into contact if SHTF this isn't some high speed low drag Tom Clancy's shit. You want to do everything in your power to not be seen and a good start would not be wearing jeans. But instead sticking to the woodland, staying camouflaged and keeping out of sight. Otherwise you'll soon discover that "you gotta purdy mouth"
>>
>>32932191
>trying to get me to invest in this argument

What part of wearing a plate carrier or not implies you can't also be camouflaged?
>>
>>32932207
I'm not talking about place carriers I'm talking about the fact that being camouflaged in the woods will make you a less detectable target than you in your skinny jeans and manbag
>>
File: 1471574015771.png (228KB, 1192x830px) Image search: [Google]
1471574015771.png
228KB, 1192x830px
>>32932140
Remember, if you hear callout from ruins like
>REMOOOOVE?
scream "KEBAAAAB" and don't shoot
>A Nuuu Cheeeki Breeeki
"Ee V Damki!!!" and get ready to drink vodka

come to think of it, don't /k/ommandos need callouts for SHTF?
what would be some other good ones?
>>
>>32932243
"Mosins were never good"
If you get told to fuck off it's probably a /k/ommando
>>
>>32932250
forgot the obvious:
>Grab SKS
"Go innawoods!"

also
>hey Ivan, you want some Tapco?
"RIFLE IS FINE!!!"
>>
>>32932237
I'm not that anon, but him implying you don't need your tacticool gear for whatever reason seems to have triggered you hard, as I saw no mention by him that camouflage is a bad thing, just that presumably looking like a soldier is a mistake innawoods after a habbening, which I would dispute for other reasons.

I just wanted you both to take a step back at look at what you are fucking arguing over.

>>32932243
>>32932250
>>32932278
>Implying I would ever work with someone like the anon I tried to reply to.
Honestly, anyone I can tell/think is from 4chan will be KOS for me, especially if they are /k/.
It would be a shit time to make it all that way just for an overweight neckbeard to ND his mosin into my back.
>>
>>32932278
I just had this image that sent my sides into orbit.

>Potential happening
>/K/ loses its shit and goes innawoods
>Happening never happens
>Government now has to deal with /k/ running though their national parks likely barely dressed and screaming at each other in Poccии
>>
>>32932300
Fuck you this is /k/ I'll argue with you over whether it's beneficial to wipe with my left or right hand after taking a shit.
>It's obvious to use your right.
>>
File: IMG_0233.jpg (103KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0233.jpg
103KB, 500x400px
>>32917719
>spinach
>>
File: 1470738940713.jpg (2MB, 1969x1703px) Image search: [Google]
1470738940713.jpg
2MB, 1969x1703px
>>32915565
>>
>>32932300
Honestly my issue was the "looking like a soldier" was clearly a reference to camouflaged equipment and the seeming complete lack of compression of my point that it's not tacticool shit when it serves the purpose for which it was designed. Hell I work with British woodland DPM it's hardly High speed but it does the job it's designed to do.
>>
>>32932300
You realise you are /k/ too right?
>>
>>32932353
>Walks past mirror
>An hero's
>>
>>32932353
Yes, but I seldom visit and would/have never tell anyone I even browse 4chan.
Anyone who breaks rule 1 deserves death.
>>
>>32932362
I normally say I browse weapons forums if anyone asks.
>>
File: decanting-wine.jpg (64KB, 680x455px) Image search: [Google]
decanting-wine.jpg
64KB, 680x455px
>>32928349
Potatoes are also a form of sugar that can be fermented to form your base distillate. Once you have the actual still built all you need is any form of sugar, some water for the mash, and a heat source. I personally prefer corn for taste but you can use potatoes, yams, barley, winter wheat, or anything. The yeast comes naturally from your environment.
>>
>>32932368
So if I see a call advertised on other more stable weapons forums, I may use it.
>>
>>32932539
I'm sure Reddit weapons has something you will find appealing
>>
>>32932588
People from Reddit I would shoot based on principle alone, and claim insanity if my group asked questions.

Again, a couple of the small hunting forums, or forums for manufacturers I like, I would accept calls for mercy/invitations from.

Fuck 4chan and Reddit. 4chan is built on the fact that the average user is an anonymous retard, and Reddit is built to try and mask that reality. One is clearly an indication that I don't want to interact with others from here, and the other I am morally opposed to.
>>
>>32932633
You're an interesting guy anon

8/10 would trade fire with
>>
>>32932633
In all honestly I would not likely Shoot on sight unless absolutely necessary and I was positive the person was a threat I.e. I just saw them straight up murder someone.

The idea of running around murdering everyone you see won't help anyone. I want to try and rebuild not wallow in chaos.
>>
Insurance companies wont allow this i.e. if you pick up your next prescription 3days early you still have to wait atleast 30days from then to get the next prescription which would still technically be three days earlier than scheduled not actually less than 30 days from the last time you filled it.

This is of course assuming you get your med through insurance and assuming a 30 day supply is prescibed
>>
>>32932848
I do know that some specialist prescriptions allow you to collect a little early to counter the possibility of you having lost some.
>>
Would producing strong alcohol be useful not as a drink or barter product but as a means to sterilize wounds and equipment? If so how would producing alcohol of this quality be done?
>>
>>32928349

Microbiologist here. Potatoes don't have yeast. It's already in the air. We use potatoes for moonshine because they're high in starch, which is just sugars bound to one another.

To make moonshine, do the following:

Just boil some potatoes, mash them, and leave it in the air for a day or two so the yeast can grow. After that, get your potato mash and let it ferment in an area without any oxygen, preferably in a fermentation vessel.If you let too much oxygen touch your alcohol, it degrades into vinegar.

To create a fermentation vessel, just get a bucket from home depot, drill a hole in the top, put some plastic tubing into the hole, and put the other end of the tube in a glass of water.

DO NOT FERMENT ANYTHING IN A CLOSED CONTAINER, OR THE CONTAINER WILL FUCKING EXPLODE. The reason it explodes is because yeast converts sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide. As more alcohol is produced, more carbon dioxide is produced, which leads to more pressure in your container.
>>
>>32932362
Props for the sentiment but the floodgates have long been down so rule one and two is pointless. They should still probably die though because they almost certainly did it in a faggoty namedropping way
>>
>>32933115
What's worse, saying your from /k/ or spotting a /k/ patch unironically on their PC
>>
>>32932871
Thats possible in special circumstances, most likely only with non abusable drugs. But ultimately thats entirely up to insurance because if they wont pay for it the pharm wont dispense it unless you intend to pay out of pocket. Point being the money grubbing jews wont let you stockpile extra meds when they have to pay a portion of its cost in virtually all scenarios
>>
>>32933128
Definitely the saying, the patch is at least a little less brazenly faggy
>>
File: 1485398877087.jpg (150KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485398877087.jpg
150KB, 960x960px
can anyone recommend a decent 3 hole balaclava that isn't too thick/warm?
Mainly for muh SHTF and LARPing
>>
Any other boat brothers here on /k/.

my home, is my BOV and BOL combined living on my yacht, i'm already completely of the grid. i have my own water makers and solar panels if i see anything even remotely like a flying shit i'm 50 miles of the coast on my ham radio miles away from anyone else which i have done 3 times now during cyclone seasons. longest single trip i have done was a 2 month leg out at sea when i was doing an ocean crossing.
>>
>>32931759
I live in outer edge Buffalo, it's urban but not really restrictive. My apartment has a wooded area behind it that's too small to hunt legally but has deer in it who have lost thier fear of humans and a large stream nearby. In SHTF most cases I would bug in for a week and let things settle down. If things don't settle or if bugging in becomes a bad idea I would bug out to my fathers home in the mountains NE of Syracuse . That trip is a 4h drive, if roads are shut down than I can kayak and hike to it in a couple days by one of 2 separate waterways.

Biggest fear is a nuclear strike, Niagara Falls is near by and has both an airbase and a large power dam making it a likely target.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 640x656px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 640x656px
>>32932695
>not using the apocalypse as an excuse to finally make mankind the species it always should have been

Redditors, SJWs, animeposters, anyone with noticably dyed hair, Moot, gangbangers, reporters, anyone with tattoos visible in office attire, and lefties (politics not hands) are all on my shitlist for when the lights go out.
Think anon, you can now pick and choose the humanity that springs from the ashes, as you can remove weak stock from the gene pool instantly.
>>
>>32931026

What happens if parasites take over, and do you live in an area with the luxury of having no winter?
>>
>>32916781
>For the record I wouldn't need to hunt my wife and I are vegetarian and already have a fully functioning farm as well as stockpiled food.

>Vegetarian
>surviving SHTF

Pick one
>>
>>32917424
having a 10mm would be something you get in addition to the guns with common rounds. While 10mm is a good round, it's still a meme.
>>
>>32927672
not all women can breast feed. Also there are many cases where the baby can't latch on. Not to mention even if a woman can breast feed, it's a little hard to do it while moving. Formula is an absolute necessity. Hell, even if you don't have kids, having a can or 2 of formula with a long shelf life would be a great idea to have for trade value. In a SHTF situation, you could probably trade a can of formula for a running vehicle or a few guns to someone who really needs it.
>>
>>32927870
>all those masks
Start standardizing your filters and masks anon.
>>
>>32931887
Multi contaminant cartridges are designed to protect against a range of chemically similar hazards. The broader the spectrum, the bulkier the cartridge gets. There are limits, though, because some contaminants will degrade the ability of the cartridge to filter other cartridges.

NBC/CBRN rated cartridges are designed to work against a much narrower range of hazards, but those hazards are engineered to actively attack the filter media. CBRN cartridges will generally give you a shorter length of protecion, maybe 6 hours instead of 8.

The exception is fallout particles. Any P-100 filter will work against radioactice dust, regardless of source.
>>
>>32933671
Good point well made.
>>
>>32933788
This.
>literally not eating half of the food available around you because eating meat hurts your sensibilities.
>Vegetarian preppers think this isn't a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>32915913
>40mm nato filter mask
>only 25 bucks
Looks pretty good, my only complaint would be the fact that the filter is right in the middle of the mask. If it was placed on the left side of the mask you can more easily shoulder and aim a rifle with it. (assuming you're right handed.)
>>
>>32933720
We do have winters however we have nearly two years worth of food already stockpiled and add more good to that with each passing year. I know that at least two other members of my team have a 1 year stockpile and have expressed interest in moving at least half of it to my home as I have more space available to store it and it would mean less to move in case of emergency. Overall we are in a pretty good position, wells sunk for water as well as rainwater collection and I'm looking at installing an in ground greenhouse which should give the potential for year round growth.

>>32933788
See above. Also checked.
>>
>>32916208
9mm, .22, .223/5.56. If you're an AK/sks fag like me 7.62 is also acceptable although it's going to be a little bit harder to come across since the military doesn't use that particular caliber.
>>
>>32933894
Being a vegetarian doesn't suddenly make me completely incapable of eating meat, while I am one now if shit actually did hit the fan we may go back to traditional ways of eating however it's currently working for us and saving us money which allows me to sink more money into my projects.
>>
>>32933933
Okay, fair enough. So long as you do what you have to do should the need arise.
>>
>>32933046
That's not how you make moonshine retard. There's this thing called distillation that has to happen too
>>
>>32932315
>I'll argue with you over whether it's beneficial to wipe with my left or right hand after taking a shit.

No you won't
>>
>>32934050
Yeah I want to make that clear, although I am a vegetarian now I'm not going to risk my life over some vegetables, if meat is all I may have for whatever reason then we will eat it
>>
>>32934105
Fuck you you're not my supervisor
>>
>>32933866
Baby formula is good concentrated nutrition. I experimented with some as a substitute for powdered milk. It'll work.

It's also handy to have around if you have somebody who's debilitated or very sick, and they can't take solids for some reason. Baby formula could be the difference between dying or surviving shtf.

Probably makes a decent trade good if you're trying to negotiate something with a group that has small children. They will definitely consider you in a more favorable light.
>>
>>32934157
They couldn't pay me enough to be your supervisor.
>>
>>32934228
>>
File: OrnateBible.jpg (17KB, 234x350px) Image search: [Google]
OrnateBible.jpg
17KB, 234x350px
Out of curiosity, I know it's somewhat random, but how much do you think religion may play in a SHTF situation. I know a lot of people sometimes find it a unifying call or a message of hope even when not religious. You hear stories of soldiers silently praying in intense firefights as well as people coming together after disasters. I know the book of Eli touched on it as a means to control people but do you think that religion would play a major part in a post SHTF world?
>>
>>32927870
None of those would save you from a bad fart let alone a cbrn event.
>>
>>32934606
>do you think that religion would play a major part in a post SHTF world?

Yes.

IMO, religion started as a way to pass along important tribal lore and survival data before literacy was commonplace. That's why you see things like dietary restrictions and prohibitions on things like theft, incest, and murder.

Then, it started shifting toward being a means of controlling people, by insuring conformity through social pressure. This is still a survival trait, in that religion is a way of insuring that a community shares the same values.

Early religions filled the role of government, modern government has assumed all of the original roles of religion.

Religion in the First World is now more of a social activity than a survival necessity. In more primitive areas, it can still have a distinct impact on survivability.

Most of the major religions have some mechanism for adapting to changing societal conditions, which is how they stay relevant and contemporary. Islam doesn't have an effective adaptive mechanism, relying on keeping its followers locked into the attitudes and survival behaviorisms that were relevant in the 14th century. This is why Islam will eventually die out.

In a post-shtf world, church groups will probably be among the first organized recovery efforts. You'll also see communities accreting around Mormon churches, not so much for the faith but for the stability.

Yes, religion will play a role. It'll mostly be for the social stability and emotional comfort aspects, but it'll be present.
>>
File: joesmo.jpg (111KB, 576x475px) Image search: [Google]
joesmo.jpg
111KB, 576x475px
>>32935244
>this

Also Mormons Will Unironically thrive in SHTF.
>>
>>32935244
That is certainly an interesting read
>>
File: PA108_(SAW)_can.jpg (88KB, 634x416px) Image search: [Google]
PA108_(SAW)_can.jpg
88KB, 634x416px
>>32916208
> how much ammo is a reasonable amount to have stockpiled.

As much as your budget allows.

If stored in the house away from fluctuations in temperature and humidity, ammo will literally outlast your lifetime _and_ that of your kids and grandkids. I’ve got milsurp Turkish 8mm Mauser ammo with a 1943 headstamp and it’s still shootable.
>>
>>32929856
Innawoods.net
>>
File: boarded_up_house.jpg (202KB, 900x839px) Image search: [Google]
boarded_up_house.jpg
202KB, 900x839px
>>32935989

My to-do list has a plan to buy and pre-cut 5/8” plywood panels for all the windows on the house and store them up in the lost in the garage, because if the SHTF, you ain’t going to Homey Depot.
>>
File: mormon preparedness.jpg (64KB, 750x999px) Image search: [Google]
mormon preparedness.jpg
64KB, 750x999px
>>32935326
>>
>>32930519

LMAO 2CAT is all I need.
>>
File: shutters-03.jpg (1MB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
shutters-03.jpg
1MB, 3264x1952px
>>32936088
>>
File: To Arms.jpg (378KB, 1680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
To Arms.jpg
378KB, 1680x1024px
>>32915551
What optics/monoculars/binos do you guys use for shit at night? I've been wanting to get a thermal sight of some kind but I don't even know what to look for
>>
>>32931759
I live on the southern edge of the largest city of a rural state. Plan A is to lock, block, and barricade the front door, then take turns pointing a shotgun at it for a few hours at a time. I'm on the top floor of an apartment building, so the front door and the building catching fire, either through accident or malice, are really my only external concerns. Should shit go too far gone where staying is no longer reasonably safe or will not be for much longer, we load up one or both of the 4WDs and haul ass for one of several family farms available to my wife and I.
>>
File: WP_20170209_22_17_34_Pro.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170209_22_17_34_Pro.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Respirator is part of my escape the city and get home kit.

Car bug out bag also contains:
Mountain house packs
Water
Stove and gas
Knife
Sleeping bag
Kettle
Tissues
Torch
Spoon.

Am I missing anything?
>>
>>32916357
10MM IS NOT A MEME ROUND REEEEEEEE it destroys 9mm
>>
File: IMG_20170209_193634_919.jpg (2MB, 4160x2379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170209_193634_919.jpg
2MB, 4160x2379px
My current WiP bug out bag not enough stuff by a long shot but I'm getting there piece by piece.
>>
>>32937680
No military takes it seriously 9mm works fine let's face it you bought into a fad
>>
Gander mountain had .22lr by the thousands for the first time they have had .22 in six months. Old fudd was talking to the counter guy about a post with $21k worth of or 21K rounds (I really think it was $21k) popped up on an ammo site from some hoarder finally giving up. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>32937518
Lighters?
>>
>>32940041
You have a cig lighter built into the car, friendo.
>>
>>32940145
Just playing devil's advocate here, but what about if you cannot reach your car for whatever reason? Do you have any kit you carry on you?
>>
>>32940290
Or maybe a more realistic idea, you have to abandon your car at some point.
>>
>>32940290
>>32940311
In this case you just take your battery with you, or take another from the endless amount litering the habbening wasteland.

Literally one car will get you an assload of supplies, from fuel, battery, rubber, fabrics, steel, glass, containers etc.
If you have a car, abandoning it would be retard-tier, just drive it off the road so you can strip it down if you run out of fuel/reach destination.
>>
>>32940706
I mean it sounds reasonable but I just wonder if in practice, with shit going down around you, if you'll be able to do this.
>>
File: jeNmWd.jpg (625KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jeNmWd.jpg
625KB, 1920x1080px
What would be the best course of action in a scenario like the Division? Assuming you were not able to leave the city before everything is shut down.

>no water
>electricity rarely scene
>gangs running the streets
>deadly disease all around

Also assuming you owned funs
>because while I do live in a big city I've got me a good arsenal
>>
>>32941346
>scene
I meant "seen" there, need to get sleep.
>>
>>32941346
Get some Nvgs, get a BoB find a BoL and bug out in the middle of the night.
>>
>>32937305
I'd say load up both. That way if something happens to one of them enroute you'll have the other that you can pile into and keep rolling. How far is the journey?
>>
File: HECU.jpg (92KB, 1020x578px) Image search: [Google]
HECU.jpg
92KB, 1020x578px
>>32937132
Bumping this question
>>
>>32915551
Bermp
>>
>>32946245
>>32937132
Honestly it all boils down to what you are going to be using it for.

Me personally all I have are NVGs. Performing observations or recon at night is a challenge and getting detail through bino's can be a struggle. If you are just worried about moving at night or staying guard and needing too make sure nobody is sneaking up on you, you can pick up a gen 1 or gen2 goggle or monacle without breaking the bank. I have a gen 1 and while it's not amazing it does the job to see what's going on around me at night.
>>
>>32930271
Now we'll talk about likely hazards that'll be encountered in a shtf scenario, and decon if I don't run out of time.

It's highly unlikely that we'll ever see widespread use of weapons grade chemical agents against First World civilian populations. It has happened, though. The Tokyo subway sarin attack comes to mind, as does Saddam's use of CW agents against the Kurds. No, Kurds aren't First Worlders.

That all being said, CW agents are pretty far down the list of things to worry about. But if you plan on it, NIOSH and OSHA recommend that you use a combo organic vapor/acid gas cartridge with a P-100 prefilter. Some multigas cartridges will give you those protections, check the specs before you buy.

A more likely scenario is a major hazmat release in your neighborhood. Here, download some software and play around with some parameters:

https://www.epa.gov/cameo/aloha-software

Now, plot every potential major spill source within 5 miles of your home. Gas stations, paint stores, garden shops, anyplace that's going to put out a significant plume if it blows up or burns down. There's some info out there to help you find this stuff out;

https://www.epa.gov/epcra

To break it down into broad categories, you're likely to encounter hazardous quantities of smoke, ash/soot, combustion products and by products, and spills of industrial compounds. Tailor your protection to the most likely specific threat you're likely to face. Keep some organic vapor and multigas cartridges on hand for general threats. Among other things, org vapor is good for blocking putrescene. That's what makes dead bodies smell. You'll also want to have P-100 prefilters for everything.

Continued when I can...
>>
Hello. I live in eastern Europe and with the recent Protests in Ukraine and Romania I am concerned about the potential for that to happen here. So I am looking to get a gas mask. Im looking at the Czech M10 and the Soviet PBF. I am not expecting a nuclear war but I live in the city and the State police are liberal with tear gas and want one that will protect my eyes, mouth and nose from said tear gas, will eather of these protect me and if so what one would be best?
>>
>>32946245

"Squad, we got Freeman!"
>>
>>32935244

Thank god its just your opinion, when scientists have known facts that disproven what you think.

I swear ppl never bother to check fact themselves, before posting dumb ass shit. Kill yourself, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>32947081
>Scientists proved your shit wrong.
>Doesn't post any evidence of this
You know what you need to do now don't you buddy.
>>
File: Bic lighters.jpg (25KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bic lighters.jpg
25KB, 320x400px
>>32939445

Those cheep Chinese cigarette lighters are shit.

I'm a pack a day smoker and I've NEVER had one run out of butane, they always break well before that. Use only Bics.
>>
Does anyone else here prep because it just makes them feel good? It's almost like shopping therapy. It's like I'm trying to make up for being unprepared in the past by prepping for events that will likely never happen.
>>
>>32947586
>Picture contains three Bic lighters
>You should use Bic lighters
Thanks
>>
>>32947609
Honestly yes, I do it because I enjoy it and because it's beneficial. I get to work in the garden in the sun growing shit, I go hiking to practice using my gear and learning their little quirks. While some people may think I'm crazy I love every second of it.
>>
>>32947081
What got you all triggered, and shit? Yes, that was my opinion. That's what IMO means, Corky.

You're telling me to kill myself because you don't like my opinion. Are you Islamic or something like that? That's some ISIS-tier religious hate and intolerance you got going on there, bud. Hope you get drones soon.
>>
>>32948348
*droned
>>
>>32948348
His fedora was probably shaking violently as he typed that with his fingerless gloves. Some people just can't see how it's possible that religion could unify people so I wouldn't worry about him.
>>
File: 20170206_035931.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_035931.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32916270
I get all this shit from work. It's a half face but it'll work in a pinch. I got like 10 of em in small medium and large. And in each bag I put 3 particle filters for dust and shit. A filter for chlorine and other gases. An acid filter. And an organic vapor filter. And I keep stocks of all the filters. They stay good for about 4 or 5 years when stores properly and I have them dated. When they're about to expire I'll re up.
>>
File: waterbuck.jpg (618KB, 1530x1080px) Image search: [Google]
waterbuck.jpg
618KB, 1530x1080px
>>32947632
>Picture contains three Bic lighters

And one Chinese piece of shit lighter, that people might be tempted to get as they're cheep but which they ought to avoid, as it WILL break on you every single time.
>>
100 Things You Will Wish You had Stored:

1. Generators
2. Water Filters/Purifiers
3. Portable Toilets
4. Seasoned Firewood. Wood takes about 6 - 12 months to become dried, for home uses.
5. Lamp Oil, Wicks, Lamps (First Choice: Buy CLEAR oil. If scarce, stockpile ANY!)
6. Coleman Fuel. Impossible to stockpile too much.
7. Guns, Ammunition, Pepper Spray, Knives, Clubs, Bats & Slingshots.
8. Hand-can openers, & hand egg beaters, whisks.
9. Honey/Syrups/white, brown sugar
10. Rice - Beans - Wheat
11. Vegetable Oil (for cooking) Without it food burns/must be boiled etc.,)
12. Charcoal, Lighter Fluid (Will become scarce suddenly)
13. Water Containers (Urgent Item to obtain.) Any size. Small: HARD CLEAR PLASTIC ONLY - note - food grade if for drinking.
16. Propane Cylinders (Urgent: Definite shortages will occur.)
17. Survival Guide Book.
18. Mantles: Aladdin, Coleman, etc. (Without this item, longer-term lighting is difficult.)
19. Baby Supplies: Diapers/formula. ointments/aspirin, etc.
20. Washboards, Mop Bucket w/wringer (for Laundry)
21. Cookstoves (Propane, Coleman & Kerosene)
22. Vitamins
23. Propane Cylinder Handle-Holder (Urgent: Small canister use is dangerous without this item)
24. Feminine Hygiene/Haircare/Skin products.
25. Thermal underwear (Tops & Bottoms)
26. Bow saws, axes and hatchets, Wedges (also, honing oil)
27. Aluminum Foil Reg. & Heavy Duty (Great Cooking and Barter Item)
28. Gasoline Containers (Plastic & Metal)
29. Garbage Bags (Impossible To Have Too Many).
30. Toilet Paper, Kleenex, Paper Towels
31. Milk - Powdered & Condensed (Shake Liquid every 3 to 4 months)
32. Garden Seeds (No n-Hybrid) (A MUST)
33. Clothes pins/line/hangers (A MUST)

cont.
>>
File: first aid kit large.jpg (2MB, 3257x3994px) Image search: [Google]
first aid kit large.jpg
2MB, 3257x3994px
>>32949304

34. Coleman's Pump Repair Kit
35. Tuna Fish (in oil)
36. Fire Extinguishers (or large box of Baking Soda in every room)
37. First aid kits
38. Batteries (all sizes, buy furthest-out for Expiration Dates)
39. Garlic, spices & vinegar, baking supplies
40. Big Dogs (and plenty of dog food)
41. Flour, yeast & salt
42. Matches. {"Strike Anywhere" preferred.) Boxed, wooden matches will go first
43. Writing paper/pads/pencils, solar calculators
44. Insulated ice chests (good for keeping items from freezing in Wintertime.)
45. Work boots, belts, Levis & durable shirts
46. Flashlights/LIGHT STICKS & torches, "No. 76 Dietz" Lanterns
47. Journals, Diaries & Scrapbooks (jot down ideas, feelings, experience; Historic Times)
48. Garbage cans Plastic (great for storage, water, transporting - if with wheels)
49. Men's Hygiene: Shampoo, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash/floss, nail clippers, etc
50. Cast iron cookware (sturdy, efficient)
51. Fishing supplies/tools
52. Mosquito coils/repellent, sprays/creams
53. Duct Tape
54. Tarps/stakes/twine/nails/rope/spikes
55. Candles
56. Laundry Detergent (liquid)
57. Backpacks, Duffel Bags
58. Garden tools & supplies
59. Scissors, fabrics & sewing supplies
60. Canned Fruits, Veggies, Soups, stews, etc.
61. Bleach (plain, NOT scented: 4 to 6% sodium hypochlorite)
62. Canning supplies, (Jars/lids/wax)
63. Knives & Sharpening tools: files, stones, steel
64. Bicycles...Tires/tubes/pumps/chains, etc
65. Sleeping Bags & blankets/pillows/mats
66. Carbon Monoxide Alarm (battery powered)
>>
File: JB-Weld.png (1MB, 906x677px) Image search: [Google]
JB-Weld.png
1MB, 906x677px
>>32949329

67. Board Games, Cards, Dice
68. d-con Rat poison, MOUSE PRUFE II, Roach Killer
69. Mousetraps, Ant traps & cockroach magnets
70. Paper plates/cups/utensils (stock up, folks)
71. Baby wipes, oils, waterless & Antibacterial soap (saves a lot of water)
72. Rain gear, rubberized boots, etc.
73. Shaving supplies (razors & creams, talc, after shave)
74. Hand pumps & siphons (for water and for fuels)
75. Soy sauce, vinegar, bullion/gravy/soup base
76. Reading glasses
77. Chocolate/Cocoa/Tang/Punch (water enhancers)
78. "Survival-in-a-Can"
79. Woolen clothing, scarves/ear-muffs/mittens
80. Boy Scout Handbook, / also Leaders Catalog
81. Roll-on Window Insulation Kit (MANCO)
82. Graham crackers, saltines, pretzels, Trail mix/Jerky
83. Popcorn, Peanut Butter, Nuts
84. Socks, Underwear, T-shirts, etc. (extras)
85. Lumber (all types)
86. Wagons & carts (for transport to and from)
87. Cots & Inflatable mattress's
88. Gloves: Work/warming/gardening, etc.
89. Lantern Hangers
90. Screen Patches, glue, nails, screws,, nuts & bolts
91. Teas
92. Coffee
93. Cigarettes
94. Wine/Liquors (for bribes, medicinal, etc,)
95. Paraffin wax
96. Glue, nails, nuts, bolts, screws, etc.
97. Chewing gum/candies
98. Atomizers (for cooling/bathing)
99. Hats & 100 cotton neckerchiefs
>>
>>32949171
Adding to this don't only have one means of starting a fire.
>>
>>32933046
This microbiologist has never made shine and doesn't actually know how distillation works.
>>
>>32946751
The protective outfit that I detailed in previous posts will give you up to 8 hours of protection from random hazmat stuff, and maybe 15 minutes of protection from Sarin. The real showstopper is detection. You need about 5 minutes lead time to suit up in an event. Pay attention to news sources. Load some good weather apps on your phone, so you know where the wind is coming from.

You can get radiation detectors, for as low as $100, from Amazon. I have no idea how well they work. Chemical detection paper, M8 and M9 can be bought from-

http://luxfermagtech.com/m8-chemical-detection-paper/

If you're that into it.

If you're going to stock up on detection gear, you'll also want to get a multi gas monitor. That gives you the ability to check for O2, CO, combustible gases, and hydrogen sulfide, all in one package and at one time. This is very handy if you're going underground for any reason.

All of this detection and protection gear doesn't mean you can go out and start operating in a contaminated environment. It means that you're aware of the environment, and gives you a few extra minutes to gtfo.

If we can keep this thread alive long enough, I'll go through a quick rundown on how to set up a fallout shelter in your house. And eventually, many posts later, we'll get to the part about setting up a simple decon station.
>>
>>32952704
In your opinion what's the real threat of chemical attack in the USA? If there was one I imagine it would be more local than widespread right especially if it's aerosol dispersal
>>
>>32946403
What model do you have? I just got a pair of gen 2 pvs 7 style goggles. Work bretty gud but the depth perception is pretty bad. Fov is decent too
>>
>>32932140
Whats your stalker gear?
>>
>>32952842
My opinion is that a chemical attack is a remote possibility. It can't be ruled out though. The Tokyo subway attacks were carried out by cultists using home made sarin. If it does happen in the US, that's how I see it playing out- non-state actors deploying CW agents produced in a clandestine lab.

I believe it's highly unlikely that we would ever be hit with military grade CW as part of an act of war.

I also think that a more likely scenario is for somebody to cause a hazmat release in a populated area. Derailing a few tankers of chlorine, for instance.

Keep in mind, this is all purely speculation and opinion.

you might consider getting a 40 hour HAZWOPER certification. That gives you the fundamental training to select, handle, use, and maintain just about all of the protective gear you'd need.
>>
>>32916742

Basically. Like other anon said, it won't be like vidya, but it's pretty common. I'd use 7.62 for sniping/big game and 5.56 for anything else.
>>
>>32947586
>never had one run out of butane
Maybe you should be more careful with your lighters. I smoke about the same amount and I've never broken a Bic, they run out before that happens. It takes forever, but they do run out.
>>
>>32916357
>meme rounds like 10mmcand 300blk will only be useful until you're mags are empty.
>he doesn't know that you can shoot .40 out of a 10mm with no modifications
>>
>>32922649

Dunno about you, but when my ancestors had a farm they had a chicken coop physically connected to the house. Fresh meat and eggs all winter.
>>
>>32954670
True but feeding animals and livestock may be something of a challenge especially if food is scarce
>>
>>32952975
Oh I have some piece of shit gen 1 Cobra optics they suck ass but I'm capable of seeing what's going on around me with somewhat ease especially over you get use to them.
>>
File: IMG_0576.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0576.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>32955693
lol it's better than nothing. Gen 1 works pretty good with a good ir light.
>>
>>32949304
>>32949329
>>32949344
What is the 100th thing we will wish we had ?
>>
>>32955725
True plus it has a built in IR beam which helps.
>>
>>32955981
The 100th thing is the 5 minutes of my life back that u lost reading a list of shit I already knew.
>>
>>32934099
My B. Forgot about that too.
>>
>>32954421
He was reeeeing over the one shitty Chinese one I had rather than the bic
>>
File: Screenshot (415).png (633KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (415).png
633KB, 1366x768px
>>32932339
Someone should add pic related to this
>>
File: WP_20170211_18_59_02_Pro.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170211_18_59_02_Pro.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
My car emergency / get home bag

Not pictured is kettle/spoon/Esee 3 knife

Yes, the stove is huge.
>>
File: WP_20170211_19_06_08_Pro.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170211_19_06_08_Pro.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>32958531
Kettle!
>>
>>32958531
watchu got in that first aid?
>>
>>32958359
I might sound stupid for asking this, but which would be best for SHTF?
>>
>>32958531
All bagged up
>>
File: WP_20170211_18_47_32_Pro.jpg (1011KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170211_18_47_32_Pro.jpg
1011KB, 2592x1456px
>>32958547
With attachment!
>>
>>32958543
Field dressings and bandages/suture kit/eyewash/burn patches/sling/medical tape/pain killers/ clamps and scissors.
>>
>>32958546
You would want the olive multi gas and vapour with a particulates pre filter. They do them already made like the 6099.
>>
>>32958560
That looks like a big bag for so few items
>>
>>32956192

It took you give mins to read the list? Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>32958964
No my phone is a hunk of shit
>>
>>32958913
Fits good, the stove takes up loads of space. Will get a small one eventually.
>>
>>32959619
How much does it weigh?
>>
>>32959733
Dunno. Lots.

It's really a car kit so not concerned by weight. If I had to walk out, I would lighten it.
>>
>>32959970
How would you lighten it, I'm not trying to be a dick but I imagine if shit was going down roads would get jammed pretty quick so knowing what you'd want out of it in advance may help.
>>
You could plant sweet potatoes or orka. Just saying... it's like the basic fall back plan here in Asia.
>>
>>32962309
NO I WANTED THE NUMBER 57 WITH A SIDE OF DUMPLINGS JESUS CHRIST
>>
File: gasoline camp stove.jpg (137KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gasoline camp stove.jpg
137KB, 1000x1000px
>>32958531
>Yes, the stove is huge.

I've heard those Chinese butane stoves blow up in your face.

As it's a vehicle kit, I'd suggest a smaller stove that uses gasoline;
>>
>>32963130
>>32963130
>>32963130
>>32963130

new thread
>>
>>32937305

Des Moines?
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.