[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars weapons thread, specifically Rogue One, but old and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 51

File: 1482979481327.jpg (2MB, 3297x2161px) Image search: [Google]
1482979481327.jpg
2MB, 3297x2161px
Star Wars weapons thread, specifically Rogue One, but old and new welcome.

Rogue One is a good action movie, and many (including myself) consider it a spiritual successor to The Empire Strikes Back. Don't listen to the polfags, it is not a SJW movie as all minorities and aliens get murdered violently by Imperial supremacy.

Old one here >>32453397

There was a long discussion about the domes on the Star Destroyers, and that they are shield domes, which according to the """"technical manuals"""" is correct, but I don't think they are even canon anymore, also they have the profiles that match radar domes, including the one on the bottom.

This would explain why the Millennium Falcon could hide behind the Star Destroyer, since it obviously has a massive blind spot about 2 kilometres long astern of the bridge. I can't speak for military ships, but on large merchant ships (300+ metres) it's normal to have a rearward radar blind spot of 500 metres or so, and an even longer forward one, depending on cargo height.
>>
File: 1365234285404.jpg (1MB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1365234285404.jpg
1MB, 3840x2400px
Ending spoiler for R1:

https://a.pomf.cat/cajpbx.webm
>>
The domes are shielding.

The Falcon simply did something they didn't expect, and got so close that that the scanners couldn't differentiate the Falcon from the SDs hull.

The empire isn't racist, its a pro humanity organization.

Plenty of aliens treated humans like shit and enslaved them.

The Jawas stole and fucked over humans, the flying Jew alien owned human slaves, etc.

>only humans can be racist

Fuck off with that shit
>>
>>32474651

>spoiler

You mean the beginning of the first movie????
>>
So are Kyber crystals easy to find now?
>>
>>32474681
>Impaboo
Go back to the Holonet stormfag.
>>
Empire best. Anarchist hippies can fuck off.
>>
>>>/m/
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>32474722
>Jedi Holonet Defense Force
I thought you guys were all dead.
>>
>>32474890
>>32474912

see >>23385784
>>
>>32474681
im the guy who was arguing the radar thing.

The "domes are shields" have merits, i just think that the primary source (the prop master), ROTJ novelization that discusses an imperial comms ship with domes all over it, and the fact that literally no other ship we ever see has a similarly vulnerable shield system suggests that they arent simply shields. i could buy a possible hybrid system (ie, both radar AND shield) but it doesnt explain a lot about rebel tactics and past star destroyer iterations (Venator, Acclimator), UNLESS the domes cant be targeted at all until the shields are already gravely weakened (which is consistent with admiral ackbar shouting to concentrate fire on the Executor).

theres merits to both, but i doubt Lucas ever gave a shit or made a statement.
>>
>>32474628
Rogue One is the shit.

They brought back the cool laser guns based off real guns.

It felt more like a prequel to the Original Trilogy because the tone felt like the original.
>>
>>32474628
>There was a long discussion about the domes on the Star Destroyers, and that they are shield domes, which according to the """"technical manuals"""" is correct, but I don't think they are even canon anymore, also they have the profiles that match radar domes, including the one on the bottom.

no one cares what you think

>This would explain why the Millennium Falcon could hide behind the Star Destroyer, since it obviously has a massive blind spot about 2 kilometres long astern of the bridge. I can't speak for military ships, but on large merchant ships (300+ metres) it's normal to have a rearward radar blind spot of 500 metres or so, and an even longer forward one, depending on cargo height.

i told you in the last fucking thread that there are different types of deflectors and that physical deflectprs have to be shut off to allow physical objects to move away from the ships.

this includes firing proton torpedos and the MeFalc floating away
>>
>>32475081
>The "domes are shields" have merits, i just think that the primary source (the prop master), ROTJ novelization that discusses an imperial comms ship with domes all over it, and the fact that literally no other ship we ever see has a similarly vulnerable shield system suggests that they arent simply shields.

they are shield generators, just like it says in the manuals, and as it shows they are in the movies

you're wrong, just stop
>>
>>32475187

Not the guy you're replying to, but the manuals aren't canon, and the movies don't confirm that they're shield generators, if I recall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon
>>
>>32475156

KYS retard.
>>
What's the best branch of the Imperial Military to join and why is it the Scout Troopers?
>>
>>32474719
yeah, i just ordered a bunch from silk road
>>
from the last thread

>that STILL doesn't explain why the executor had a second one still up, yet the a-wing crashed through the shield

because the other deflector was either angled away from the bridge or the power to it wasnt sufficient to stop something with the mass and velocity of a fighter

>it simply doesn't make much sense that the shields wouldn't be buried like on every other ship in the universe.

they aren't on any ship, read the manual

>plus, it was as simple as "blow up the domes", why don't we see it at scariff when they have extremely ample opportunity in the first 5 minutes when the empire is 100% unready and vulnerable? Did the rebels somehow not know then? Shouldn't it have been their go-to tactic to rapidly deal with Star Destroyers by then? Wouldn't the empire have come up with a work-around by then if it was happening often?

thats exactly what you saw. its what allowed the ion cannons to be effective
>>
>>32474975
>discrediting your own thread

good job
>>
>>32475266
only reason scout troopers exist is because they are 1/100 the price of a probe droid, not because they are special or better than other troops
>>
>>32475298

Must be a terrible existence without reading comprehension.
>>
>>32475234
yes, yes they do and the manuals are cannon insofar as they describe both canon and non canon ships.

the descriptions for the ships that are canon remain the same
>>
Why is the YT-1300 so based. I also like the YT-2400 but for other reasons.

My only disappointment in Rogue One was there was no Bandit Squad of Z95 headhunters in the final battle
>>
>>32475187
the technical manuals that say the acclamator turbolasers are something like 200 gigatons per shot, when we can observably see that isnt likely true? the video games where during the Rogue Squadron 2 mission the rebel transport rendezvous mission can take like 5 minutes of concentrated firepower from an ISD? the Behind the Magic technical cd that says it takes days to cross the galaxy (listing coruscant-tatooine as almost a month, while Geonosis is literally next door) when it very clearly takes hours to get wherever you want at most? the entire jedi order practically gets to geonosis from coruscant, which, if the technical manual was "right", means that Obi Wan and Anakin were just chilling out with Count Dooku for literally a month, rather than at most a day or two. The books where it says the Deajh Star takes a day to fire again, despite blowing up Alderaan and seemingly ready to btfo Yavin 4 the same day? While good reads, im sorry but the technical manuals DIRECTLY contradict sources in critical ways.

as compared to the ROTJ novelization which has a command and control vessel loaded with domes, the prop guy who literally worked with George Lucas to build the set, visual evidence that the Executor still had a shield dome up, and the fact that they dont take opportunistic shots at the domes in Rogue One at all?

either the rebels are fucking retarded, their intel is clearly incompetent, or they aint just shields. I think the vidya game component is purely a way to allow players to fight a star destroyer, much in the same way a 7.62x39mm semi auto does more "damage" than a 7.62x39mm full auto for balance reasons.

I think its entirely reasonable that the exectors shields were weakened from the Rebel fleet, allowing fighters to cause the dome to blow. the destruction of the radar could have fucked up the electrical system, caused a temporary outage, then the A-wing crashed.
>>
>>32475334
>Why is the YT-1300 so based.
It's basically the Star Wars equivalent to a UPS truck that's been turned into an ISIS tank with a Corvette engine.
>>
File: 14830448648581889304382.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14830448648581889304382.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>32475286
Yes, they ARE in other ships.
>>
>>32475311
Tell us more about yourself.
>>
>2016 nearly 2017
>Turbo-conservatives are only just now realizing that the Galactic Empire is an allusion to Nazi Germany
Shaking my head to be quite honest family
>>
File: 148304502678945742106.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
148304502678945742106.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
note the shield UNDER the hull
>>
File: 1483045222621-78920557.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1483045222621-78920557.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32475477
and ANOTHER

why in the world would the empire literally make their designs MORE vulnerable
>>
>the fact that they dont take opportunistic shots at the domes in Rogue One at all?
What? They were able hit the ISD with Ion TORPEDOES after the dome is busted too.
>>
>>32475081

They are secondary shield systems that also are the bridge shields.

The main hulls shield generator is the fuckhuge circle on the bottom hull.
>>
>>32475286
>start racing for Scariff opening
>gate closes, fighter crashes, others pull up
>fighters fly right by ISD, so its AA system isnt up yet, no TIEs to be seen
>its a few minutes until ties are deployed

So why didnt they target the domes around this time gap then before ties came out?
>>
>>32475411
look asshole, the fucking domes on the tops of star destroyers are fucking deflector shield generators.

its in the movies, (2 )movies now, and its listed that way in all the tech manuals and games and even mentioned in books that arent considered canon

fuck off with your retarded autismal shit
>>
>>32475514
i dont recall that dome busting, but i trust the picture. i would have to see it again, but if so that could be a significant development.
>>
>>32475564
>isnt considered canon
>cites them anyway

next we should cite the holiday special.

it isnt bullshit when technical manuals directly contradict a primary source, which they observably do on several notable locations.
>>
>>32475454
>deflector shield PROJECTOR

>clearly on outside of ship

>using same tech manual that shows deflector on SD is dome to disprove my point that deflector is dome

k
>>
>>32475611
>movies arent canon

wat?

there are 2 statements there, dumbass

ie they're listed that waty in both canon and non canon media
>>
>>32475611
if the generator is on the inside of the ship it uses a plate or antenna to project the shield

if the generator(s) are on the outside of the ship they dont
>>
>>32475685
i was refering to the books you said werent considered canon. Again, videogames imo are incredibly bad to rely on, since that means getting into Force Unleashed bullshit.

if your guides are right, why dont the other ships have the regional shields outside like an ISD? or why wouldnt the ISD follow a design cue from the entire clone wars design portfolio?

ive provided legitimate sources too. so far the only argument that seems valid to me is that the shields were angled in different directions, but it doesnt explain placement as well as a sensory system would.

we clearly are at an impasse, i will have to watch the R1 scene more carefully next time i see it, since i seem to have missed that part.
>>
File: rogueonevietnam.png (853KB, 1161x684px) Image search: [Google]
rogueonevietnam.png
853KB, 1161x684px
>>32475589
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1483047000099.webm
>>
File: 1JdljJJ.png (379KB, 540x526px) Image search: [Google]
1JdljJJ.png
379KB, 540x526px
>>32475796
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1483047279165.webm
>>
What kriffin place did they pick up those Hammerheads?
>>
>>32475796
thanks for the Webm, that helps, a lot. It would appear that i'm mistaken on the matter, and i apologize for any percieved personal attacks.
>>
>>32475838
Star Wars Rebels shows them steal it, probably the same one
>>
File: hammerhead-corvette_b43c46c7.jpg (139KB, 1560x780px) Image search: [Google]
hammerhead-corvette_b43c46c7.jpg
139KB, 1560x780px
>>32475838
star wars rebels shows how they got the hammerhead ships.
>>
>>32475859
i really like the KOTOR hammerhead design
>>
Reminder that Rogue One is a piece of shit, somehow worse than episode 7, and you faggots only like it because "muh nostalgia" even though they couldn't even do that right.
>>
>>32475876
R1 was way better than 7, and was probably one of the best ones
>>
>>32475876
Let me guess, you're one of the people who think it blows because it doesn't work as a standalone film, when it was never meant to be anything more than a prologue into A New Hope.
>>
>>32475914
i heard someone in the theater say that, but in the same breath swear they loved ESB. the only star wars that truly works as a self-contained movie is ANH, almost all the others rely on the next film for the emotional pay-off except RoTJ since it was written to be the end
>>
>>32475876
Episode 7 was Episode 4 except with a vagina and JJ plot devices that made no sense. Literally a planet gun, dude? But the planet eats suns. Apparently nobody thought during the writing process that the ability to eat an entire star was a weapon enough, considering all the nearby planets would be fucked.
>>
>>32475467
>portrayed Nazi Germany
>actually the good guys after the prequels

If you had to pick between hippies controlling your senate (and stealing your children) or a hardcore old dude that wanted to dominate the galaxy (for the Empire) and not take your child away, who would you pick?

The Jedi are hypocritical assholes that deny their own nature. They deny it and waste all their lives trying to be a apathetic fedora

The Sith thrive in their nature and use it to takeover and control shit.
The dark side of the force is taking your negative emotions and turning it something positive (like taking over a planet and instigating another Force Crusade).
>>
File: Director Candidate.jpg (1MB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Director Candidate.jpg
1MB, 2500x2500px
Not a fan of space operas in general, but...

What's the weirdest weapon in Star Wars?
>>
>>32476214
theres a lightsaber shaped like a whip in the old EU.

the Yuuzhan Vong had living snake-staffs that could resist lightsabers but had super sharp points iirc.

the dark saber was a hilariously bad "death star on a budget", as if the North Koreans took the plans and cut literally every corner.

Ezra had a slingshot that fired energy balls in Season One of Star Wars Rebels.
>>
>>32476477
oh i forgot in Jedi Prince the new republic assassinates the wannabe nu emperor with an android copy of leia that shoots lazers out of her eyes during their wedding.
>>
>>32476192
The Empire turned out to be good guys simply because the rebels "won" and did fuck-all with their victory for 30 years. They just bulldozed law and order into the dirt.

Meanwhile, the Empire stopped aliens from enslaving humans and shit.
>>
>>32476214
Chewie's crossbow.
Absolutely no point to it.
>>
>>32475234

>ROTJ
>blows up starboard dome
>"Sir, we just lost our bridge deflector shields!"

Sounds canon to me
>>
>>32474719
>So are Kyber crystals easy to find now?
If you're strip mining instead of doing a ritual to find your personal crystal, probably.
>>
>>32475872

It's an interesting unique design that isn't just the regular shitshow that is KOTOR designs
>>
>>32477105
the sith ships felt lacklustre to me, but the sith fighters were cool
>>
i remember when /k/ had threads about actual weapons and not blatantly offtopic bullshit like this
>>
>>32477234
It is too late now. We are gona have star wars generals now.
>>
>>32476644
>Absolutely no point to it.

Yeah, no arrows = no point.
>>
File: SD_shock_jump.webm (2MB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
SD_shock_jump.webm
2MB, 720x304px
>>
>>32477234
I remember when we had a star wars thread every few days, which bordered on RP every to e. Always hit bump limit.

This was even before KooKoo changed his name because jorts didn't stop a 22 and Meplat was still here.
>>
Remember when sci-fi writers had progressed to at least the Battle of Jutland? Pepperridge Farms remembers.
>>
File: seaspeeder1.jpg (334KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
seaspeeder1.jpg
334KB, 1200x800px
>>32478977
God fucking damn, R1 really brought my hype back for the franchise.

>New jury-rigged Mon Cal ship (literally jury-rigged because it was a mobile courthouse or some shit in the depths of Dac/Mon Cala

>>32479848
2014 was a fun year for /k/. Not really muh good old days, but there's still fun to be had here.
>>
>>32480003
> mfw the first /kristmas/
>mfw Buki Shoujo
>mfw the first attempt at the /k/nife
>mfw the fist /k/lass photo

I've been gone for far too long
>>
>>32474628
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Interdictor-class_Star_Destroyer

You talking about the grav well generators? They are used to keep enemy ships from escaping. This plays into the Imperial strategy of fielding high-firepower but short-range TIE fighters and supporting them with Star destroyer turbocannon fire.
>>
>>32475462
Nobody likes you Tom :)
>>
KYS NERDS!

NEEERRDS!
>>
File: saint handlebars.jpg (117KB, 1067x973px) Image search: [Google]
saint handlebars.jpg
117KB, 1067x973px
>>32480045
/k/ still feels like home. I can still feel Col. Gentleman and Poppa Daddy's ghosts skulking the deagle brand hallways.
>>
File: snowtrooper.jpg (726KB, 1538x1200px) Image search: [Google]
snowtrooper.jpg
726KB, 1538x1200px
>>32474681
alien races routinely genocide humans in star wars.
Sith were originally an alien race.
Later the Yuuzan Vong raped everyone.
Keeping xenos in check is the only way forward for humanity.
>>
>>32474628
So, would /k/ agree with me that Rogue One >>>>> Force Awakens?

I can't think of anything TFA did better, and generally think most things it did were worse than the prequel bits it was "flattering".
>>
>>32481429
I havent seen Rogue One, but I feel every fucking prequel was better the A New Hope 2.0. I loved Star Wars because of cool unique ships and battles, and from that viewpoint TFA sucks
>>
>>32476101
Episode 9 will have a gun that shoots suns.
>>
File: tmp_17633-_20161221_2gkrxb.jpg (180KB, 1600x1137px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_17633-_20161221_2gkrxb.jpg
180KB, 1600x1137px
>>32481429
See-> >>32481509

The prequels mostly failed at what they tried todo, but they were ambitious as all fuck. Lucas tried to film a kids space adventure that was simultaneously a cautionary tale about how fear turns good people into fascists set against an "age of innocence" sort of story about the reasons why civilizations fail from the inside. On top of that, technically he tried to do everything James Cameron did with Avatar in terms of digital compositing and CGI characters, only he did it nearly a decade earlier before the technology was really there to pull it off.

He failed spectacularly, but at least his ambitions were just as spectacular as his failures.

TFA OTOH felt like a paint-by-numbers movie concocted by a committee of Disney executives whose only knowledge of Star Wars was ANH, and so it came across as a Mannerist copy of ANH with shittier characters and minor plot tweaks to chase current audience demos more effectively, while having as much respect for the source material and desire for in-universe continuity as your average Bayformers flick. It wasn't a bad movie on its own, but as Star Wars it was fucking abhorrent.

Rogue One, to be honest, is probably the best Star Wars movie since ROTJ, and I'll bet Lucas felt proud as fuck watching it, because it was every bit as daring as his prequels were, while having just as much attention to detail and in-universe continuity and lore, all while perfectly addressing and solving the inconsistencies in the OT i.e:
>Why don't the rebels have any capital ships until the end of TESB or really halfway through ROTJ?
>Because they were all destroyed on a desperate suicide mission to capture the Death Star plans just days before ANH, and Yavin could only scramble a couple squadrons of fighters with pilots literally drafted from the peanut gallery because that was all they had left.
Etc, etc, etc

TFA got worse and worse the more I thought about it, while Rogue One gets better and better.
>>
>>32474628
The domes are descrbied as sensor domes and shield generators altenratively in the fiction. Since in Rogue One, they destroyed one and the shields did not go down, then it's safe to assume they are radar.
>>
>>32483229
but they did go down, it allowed them to torpedo the star destroyer. see >>32475796 and >>32475830
>>
Why is anyone expecting sense and consistency when Star Wars can't even decide how big the galaxy is?
>>
>>32481429
I honestly rank VII as tied for III as the worst. ProbabnProbabnly IS the wporst, since while III had its faults, we still saw cool places and CTs operating, especially the (too) short Utapau battle scenes.

VII had... Poe, he was cool, but all the battles were in atmosphere.
>>
>>32483287
I'm begimning tonwonder if Ion weaponry can penetrate shields.

Granted an ion torpedo isn't pure energy, logically it would be a physical weapon with the ion-effect detonation. But in ESB, though never implicitly stated, you'd have to assume the SD raised their shields too face the oncoming T-65s and thenGR75 before they were hit wothbthe ion cannon. To this logic, the cannons either overloaded the shields (possible, since the rebels had an entire SD secondary reactor hooked up to the Ion Cannon), or ion cannons simply "ignore defense"

However this is simply speculation. Whennthey said "heres our opening" in R1, I assumed it was because the TIEs were preoccupied at the moment
>>
>>32476644
I seem to recall it having something to do with "explodey rods the size of a mans arm and three times the weight" punching through storm trooper armor like a flaming bullet through butter.
>>
>>32483229
>>32476696
OR.. maybe one dome is sensors/radar, and the other is a shield projector?

As that classic commercial says: "Why not both?"
>>
File: 1482431519073.jpg (73KB, 960x652px) Image search: [Google]
1482431519073.jpg
73KB, 960x652px
>>32483389
>Our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!

Bears repeating, I always thought it was sort of implied that the rebel base's ion cannon was was supposed to be the in-universe equivalent of pic related, and we all know that Dora could have pushed even an Iowa's shit in real fast with just one or two hits.
>>
>>32483389
In Star Wars: Empire at War, the Ion Cannon turrets on star ships make short work of shield arrays and once they pop the Ion weapons then start shorting out ships electronics.

And those were weaker ship mounted Ion Turrets.
The planetary based Ion Cannons are multiple times more powerful and zap shields & circuit breakers with one blast.

They don't ignore defences, they just chew through them a hell of a lot faster than standard TurboLaser and Blaster fire.
>>
>>32483207
>a galaxy spanning rebellion only has one fleet
i want this meme to die
>>
>>32483587
Its dumb, but it's pretty much canon.

I like to think of them as being a little like the Free French, or more realistically what you likely would have had if England surrendered and the Japs never attacked the US, which would have almost certainly been some sort of unified fleet shared between the Free French and the Free British.

Now let's say that in neutral American shipyards they rebuilt the Normandie, the Queen Mary, and their other big liners into flat tops, battlecruisers, or other capital/command ships. Now you have IRL Mon Cal's. Now imagine that fleet going toe to toe with the German and Italian navies and the axis-controlled remnants of the British and French fleets, with the Japs thrown in for good measure.
>>
>>32483669
I like it.

And the ISD's are the H-44 & Yamato Class super battleships with a small flight deck on the ass end.
>>
>>32483510
Spam Victory-class cruisers.
Achieve Victory.
>>
>>32483669
>Ywn serve under Princess Elizabeth, leader of the Free British, as she, general Churchill, and the remnants of the British Admiralty carry out their guerilla war against the axis powers on the North Atlantic, using the HMS Queen Mary, still the fastest big ship afloat, but now stripped to the deck and rebuilt as an armored cruiser with torpedo blisters, armor plating, 8 15" guns salvaged from a WWI battleship, and a small flattop carrying a squadron each of of seafires, sea hurricanes, and barracuda's.

Why wasn't I born in the good timeline, senpai?
>>
>>32483734
>Tfw they actually call her "Home One" because of her jerry-rigged CHAIN HOME-derived radar system
>Tfw the second fleet is commanded by the rebuilt Normandie, now the largest warship afloat
>>
>>32483707
Those would be more like the SSD's, the ISD's would probably be mass-produced Scharnhorst's and Kongos.
>>
>>32483587
>>32483669
gotta also realize most systems kept their involvement in the rebellion on the down low, the Mon Calamari were one of the few to gives no fucks and were open about their role, that's why most ships were theirs and why the Empire were planning blockade their planets and send the Death Star to destroy them before the battle of Yavin 4 happened.
>>
>>32483587
The Sith pretty much had ALL of the galaxy's shipbuilding resources on their side, thanks to Sidious controlling both sides of the Clone Wars. The Rebels pretty much just have Corellia, Mon Calamari, and their starfighters.
>>
>>32483813
>Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now

I thought it was assumed by that line that the Corellian yards were also building stuff for the Empire, too, and the Corellian ships in the Rebel fleet were off-the-shelf commercial designs like the Tantive IV.

After Rogue One didn't suck, I'm cautiously optimistic about the Han Solo movie, if only for the Corellian worldbuilding that we might get to see.
>>
>>32474628

Delete Episode One and rearrange the Prequels making R1 Episode Three, and they would have been fondly remembered as having a rough beginning and blooming into their own in the end.
>>
>>32483207
iirc, Lucas said something like he loved R1, but in a past interview didnt like TFA.

The prequels arent as great, but i do think RotS is the best of them; the cgi wasnt as bad as 2 or 1, it had a decent resolution to the anakin/padme and anakin/obi situation, the rebirth of Darth Vader was great, and the opening space battle was intense.

Granted, TFA characters werent in a position to have massive space battles, but it really failed in ambition.
>>
>>32476101
>2 star systems 1 shot

Next time it's gonna be a sun that absorbs ships to shoot solar systems at planets
>>
>>32480156
>alien races routinely genocide humans in star wars.
[citation needed]
>Sith were originally an alien race.
Who let Dark Jedi in, gain power, and overwhelm their existence.
>Later the Yuuzan Vong raped everyone.
Not canon.

In fact, the only canon wholesale genocides were human acts - Alderaan, Hosnian System, or the machinations of Darth Sidious, again, human.
>>
>>32483587
lots of rebel groups were domestic militia cells. the fleet you see is Rebel core. its like saying Al Qaeda only has a few hundred core fighters, but there are local AQ affiliates in Syria, Libya, somalia, etc.

the core shows up to give guns and funds and do some heavy lifting, but individual cells largely need to figure it out on their own.

That changed a bit after ANH, but by then the Empire had largely taken control of major industrial zones, hence lots of ships we see are "off the shelf" civvie ships, stolen/defecting imp ships, or resurrected scuttled ships.

Star Wars Rebels does a good job of illustrating this.
>>
>>32483785
Considering how brutal the CIS invasion of Mon Cala, including the CIS Liaison assassinating the King to install a Quarren puppet instead of the underage Crown Prince, it's not hard to see why they'd reject Imperial rule.
>>
>>32483931
they should have kept it as the Galaxy Gun and just blatantly steal that part of the EU if they HAD to have a super weapon
>>
>>32483980
Plus you have the rogue extremist splinter groups, like Saw's, that break with the main Rebellion.
>>
>>32483858
Pretty sure you're correct on the Corellia part, but not sure ever since the EU got retconned but then not really by Disney and Abrams, so who knows. Also Mon Cal really are the only capital ship providers because they're taking their expansive space cruise ships and turning them ito CA's and I assume building more "cruise ships", but the Empire isn't taking their BS and hence the slow build up to legally be ok with the senate to wipe out their planet.

I'm not too excited for the Han Solo movie because one capturing the charm of Han without Harrison Ford or rather someone being measured against his performance as Han will make it a hard sell to enjoy, even if I try to ignore that factor. Two the casting choice for Lando flat out sucks, but to each their own, that may just be me.
>>
>>32484054
they need an X-wing top gun movie, or an outright Seven Samurai movie in the distant star wars past (though rogue one was basically Seven Samurai on offense).

Alternatively, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter had a coherent enough plot that a movie based on Boba Fett/other person hunting a remaining Jedi would be great.

even an imperial movie about some backwater ship fighting pirates and enforcing order, only to slowly see the Rebels begin to creep in, could be cool, though i suppose that could be done on the little screen via Rebels.

Hell., i'd watch a buddy-cop Coruscant PD movie.
>>
>>32474628
Do you actually think space flight is handled visually?
>>
>>32476644
>>32477625
>Bowcaster
>Stupid weapon
>"LOL le space crossbow with le no arrows"
>dumbest shit
>pointless

You guys know that thing is basically a handheld railgun, right?

That's why everyone he shoots goes fucking flying.
>>
>>32474628

The two domes are shield generators. When the Rebels in Rouge One attack they go for the domes first. This weakens the shield on the SD. The Y-Wing leader says "aim for the gap" meaning a weakness in the shield due to the generators being hit. The Ion bombs they drop are able to overwhelm the shield and fry the electronics of the SD.

The domes ARE shield generators. The nature of Star Wars shields is super wishy washy, but those domes are never mentioned to be any sort of sensor.
>>
>>32474809
right on man, my dad was a contractor working on the new death star, HE FUCKIN DIED BECAUSE OF THOSE REBEL LUNATICS
>>
>>32474628
>it is not a SJW movie as all minorities and aliens get murdered violently by Imperial supremacy.

That's like saying Schindler's list is Nazi propaganda because Jews get slaughtered in it.
>>
>>32484345

Go read the X-Wing novels by Michael Stackpole, closest you will get and way better than any of the garbage they are putting on film.
>>
havent seen rogue one yet but I saw the original trilogy and to be fair they never really explained why the empire was evil. They just kind of were, anyone actually know why there is a rebellion?
>>
>>32484457
Go home /pol/.
>>
>>32484514
because da eebul emperor decided to unify the galaxy instead of having a bureaucratic circlejerk and democracy is better than fascism
>>
>>32484514

Star Wars was a space opera, the motivations and the characterizations were kept simple in order to facilitate the story. It wasnt supposed to be over complicated, just a simple obviously good versus obviously evil adventure.
>>
File: latest[1].png (2MB, 1919x816px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2MB, 1919x816px
>>32484514
You seriously need to ask why they're evil when one of the first things they do once completely erasing all shackles of democracy is destroy an ancient, populated paradise core world and everyone on it as a show of force?
>>
>>32484539
I agree, they did that well, as a kid I never really questioned it. I would like to see a movie framed from a stormtroopers POV or a neutral party and see where that would take the series
>>
>>32484500
thats what im saying they need to do
>>
File: Hs8Dr.jpg (303KB, 1652x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hs8Dr.jpg
303KB, 1652x1080px
>>32484562
Daily reminder that Alderaan had weapons of mass destruction no matter what that whore said
>>
>>32484054
I was worried about the Han Solo movie before I saw Rogue One. Back when TFA was all I had to go by to gauge Disney Wars, I just had this overall sinking feeling that the Solo movie would be nothing but stupid Poe Damaron quips and Maz Kanata-style cutesy side characters.

Then Rogue One went and honored a ton of EU concepts (planetary shields, Imperial in-fighting, Vader's emo sith castle, Hammerhead cruisers, Star Destroyers operating in planet's atmospheres as mobile garrisons, etc etc etc) and it fucking nailed all of them. It gave me hope that we might see a young Han Solo racing swoops through the forests of Corellia Prime, dodging "the big Corellian ships" and working his way up through the seedy underbelly of Centrepoint Station, Nar Shadda, and Nal Hutta.

I was worried about the cast but then I remembered that people once wondered whether anyone could match Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan, and while Ewan wasn't Alec, his Obi-Wan definitely left you with the sense that in a couple decades he could be Alec.

>>32484345
Episode One needed to be the Jedi Seven Samurai movie. It should have been a somber adventure about Yoda (Kambei) rounding up a rag-tag crew of Jedi:
>his studious apprentice Obi-Wan (Kastuhiro),
>his old friend Qui-Gon (Shichiroji+Gorobei), >Mace Windu the master swordsman(Kyuzo+Heihachi
>etc
to help liberate the peaceful backwater of Naboo after the Trade Federation attacks and the Senate refuses to take a stand. Anakin would be the Kikuchiyo character, the tempestuous outsider they encounter along the way who proves his worth by getting them out of a few binds and his heroism in the final battle to retake Naboo. Anakin also gets the forbidden romance plotline with Naboo Queen Amidala. Qui-Gon and Mace are killed along with any other Jedi, and the ending is Yoda, Obi-Wan, and their new apprentice Anakin mulling the loss of their fellow Jedi, a rare and dying breed, while Naboo celebrates and war begins.
>Again, we have lost.
>>
>>32484345
I think you mean TIE fighter top gun movie
>>
>>32484536
Don't state false premises in OP
>>
>>32484562
Man, the payoff in ROTS when we finally get to see just how surreally paradisical Alderaan was, and how it made Naboo look like Mustafar, was super intense once if hit home that this idyllic Roger Dean-looking place gets toasted without so much as a gram of hesitation by Tarkin in ANH.
>>
>>32484618
i would pop a boner for an Interceptor movie too.

Or a TIE Hunter...
>>
>>32484345
Boba Fett movie is confirmed.

I think it would work better as a netflix series, to be honest.
>>
>>32484618
>the film begins with sunrise over a random-looking superstructure as 80's-style slow guitar riffs carry the scene
>the music builds as you see random technicians scurrying around in the orange morning glow, steam wafting off the floors
>guiding the blurry shapes of spacecraft around, obscured by the steam and the morning's light
>one finally is loaded onto the catapault, and you hear it's engines rev up and immediately recognize that distinctive TIE howl
>Highway To The Danger Zone begins as wave after wave of TIE defenders and Skipray Blastboats rocket out of the hangars
>Cut to the view from the bridge as the Imperial captain watches the morning patrols depart
>the next shot pulls back and you see it's a Super Star Destroyer at the center of a battle group in the upper atmosphere of a gas giant, rooting out another hive of rebel scum

I'd cream my pants at the idea of a movie where we're outright rooting for the Imperials and the nameless, faceless commies that are the toothless enemy to add some tension to the character drama between pilots are the same rebels that we've been rooting for in every other movie.

I'd pay to watch that.
>>
>>32474628
Star Destroyer is one of the few Star Wars designs that are not retarded.

Forward firepower is massive since all turrets can point that way, enormous engines. The command tower is a bit large, but if your main threat is slightly below you your hull blocks a lot.

You can get very interesting shapes even with "realistic" spaceships. Delta V can get huge when you have unarmored external drop tanks.
>>
>>32483715
>>32483510

I want SW: Empire at War 2 to be made.

Do you think EA would let Petroglyph take a crack at it?
>>
File: spaceship.jpg (152KB, 973x813px) Image search: [Google]
spaceship.jpg
152KB, 973x813px
>>32484733
forgot pic
>>
File: TIE_Defender.jpg (40KB, 515x350px) Image search: [Google]
TIE_Defender.jpg
40KB, 515x350px
>>32484638
>TIE Interceptor

PIERRE SPREY GO HOME

Seriously, make it pic related and retcon in an RIO, TFA-style, as a sensor operator/gunner for maximum Top Gun-style crew drama.

Add in a subplot about how they have to prove themselves against the smaller, cheaper, more maneuverable TIE defenders and their cocky pilots. Have them win the battle, but lose the war due to politics, which is why you don't see any Defenders at Endor.
>>
>>32484601
I agree Rogue One gave me hope way more then TFA for any disney controlled movies, but I still am hesitant because it really depends on who's helming the movie in direction and whether disney comittees will tell said director what general them to give the movie that could lead to more TFA-esque BS. Also at least for me Ewan McGregor was a solid choice of an actor before he got the Star Wars point so I had little qualms with him, just like looking at the R1 cast it seemed like most could be solid choices and it did go ok. But when I look at the guy casted for Lando in the upcoming movie of think of the wtf moment when I saw the cast for TFA and instinct told me not to be too excited which turned out to be true. I hope I'm wrong and it's good like R1 but I'm being cautious.
>>
>>32484695
The problem there is that except maybe a few aces TIE pilots are treated as interchangeable and only to operate in tight formations with no independence of action. Even launching is basically "run to the first available in the rack and run it."

Vader literally just grabs the first two he sees to fly on his flanks.
>>
>>32483351

>III
>Worst
>not Attack of the Clones
>not Phantom Menace

Nigga what? Revenge was bad but Episode 2 is one of the worst movies ever made, star wars or otherwise.
>>
>>32484764
My guess is that it'll be like Episode One. Mostly shit characters, shitting all over the sanctity of OT characterizations and concepts, but also containing some cool worldbuilding and a few badass sequences.
>>
>>32484738
>Fuel: Decane

You have a diesel powered spaceship.. nice.
>>
>>32484760
But defenders went away with expanded universe...
>>
>>32484345
Personally I want Star Wars: Legionary which shows a squad fighting wars against misc scum and Rebel scum a like and how imps are made of good guys fighting for cause they think is right and put the Rebel Alliance in a more realistic Grey light where they do some shady shit to win. That and I want Star Wars:Vader's Fist where we get more of Darth Vader being the badass he's supposed to be and maybe some more character development on his swing into the darkside as he has lost everything and only has the sith left, like how he came to realize maybe the dark side had some merits he agreed with more other then the means to just save the girl he loved, sorta cleanup the whiny look the prequels gave him.
>>
>>32483928
>the opening space battle was intense...

...for two minutes until it become Anakin/Obi Wan flying in a straight line and talking for five.
>>
>>32484500
I want that series to be made into an HBO mini-series or maybe even a longer HBO series like GoT.
>>
>>32484767
That's why you establish that the regular TIE's are just like the Me-109's were in WWII or the F/A-18's were in the 80's, the expendable "low" side of a high/low fighter strategy in which TIE Defenders are the "High" side, playing the role of the FW-190's/Me-262's or the F-14's and getting all the ace pilots, while the regular TIE's are the hapless grunts.

Make it clear that the Imperial navy is trying to phase out the "high" side in favor of more "low" fighters, and maybe even through in a Lucas prequels-style political undertone about the relative value of pricier dedicated assets vs cheaper but less capable "multi-role" craft in the face of political pressure to sell more of the latter.
>>
>>32484783
I previously used methane NTR, but decane is exceedingly dense and vastly reduces the surface area I need to armor. Plus it has external tanks.

The ship's volume is mostly crew and power/thrusters. I need to make a missile armed variant, but the game gets boring because you can pretty much always win with enough missiles.

Nuclear Thermal Reactors are fun.
>>
If only...

TIE Fighter - short film by OtaKing77077
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Happy hunting :-D
>>
>>32484767
Is Baron Fel the interceptor ace who marries I think it's Wedge's sister, still canon? I always liked that concept for a character especially since he was another ace who had no known force abilities and still was one of the best.
>>
>>32484868

Not anymore.

Thrn again Disney has been slowly re-canonizing stuff from the old EU so who knows. I know Thrawn is going to be back in s3 of Rebels.

As long as the Vong stay dead I'll be happy. Dumbest fucking concept ever.
>>
>>32475454
What book is this?
Got PDF?
>>
>>32484868

Wedge is pretty irrelevent in the new canon so I doubt Fell will be back.

I loved the X-Wing books but they got a bit silly with how much plot armor Wedge had.
>>
>>32484837
I like the transparent helmet effect.

They could do that in a film where the actor wears a motion-ball open-face helmet or headband and they fade a 3Deffect helmet in and out in post processing.
>>
>>32484879
Ok, well I heard Thrawn also got a new official book so I'll have to pick that up, so maybe we'll see more characters.

>>32484906
I admit Wedge had some plot armor but not as ridiculous as some main characters can, plus I enjoyed him in that series because he also fleshed out concepts like actual mixed race relationships since he was until the end always perusing alien females. Made the universe have little more to it so that could see how an alliance with aliens and humans could be so fragile even if they liked each other.
>>
>>32484964

I loved the shit out of the X Wing books and thought they were they only good thing the Post-ROTJ EU had to offer.

I thought it was silly how Wedge was basically a one man holocaust that personally killed 6 gorillion Imperials over 9 books, but the way they wrote the character made me not care.

It's a shame the actor turned Disney down for the new trilogy. I'm assuming he would have had a bigger role in the new canon had he not.
>>
>>32485007
Maybe he knew how shit the TFA triology was going to be and didn't want to risk the chance that his character was made gay or trans. Or in general thought it wouldn't be nearly as nice as the OT and didn't want his character to be associated with it. As for his kill count well the man does have 2 Deathstars painted on his X-wing, that eats up quite a chunk of his overall count. Though Tycho also had ridiculous, also there's an example of a good way to make an imperial turn to the rebellion instead of a supposedly brainwashed trooper who magically shakes it off and then has no qualms turning on and slaughtering his brothers he just was fighting with, oh and he was a janitor who somehow is adept at fighting against supposed elite troops.
>>
>>32485066
Wasn't the whole reason that he was a Janitor because despite testing well in combat simulations, he tended to be too emotional/empathetic?

It's not that he was awful at shooting targets, just that he didn't have the guts. And to be fair, I'd shoot at my brother too if they started trying to kill me. Might not like it, but I'd do it.
>>
>>32485066
>Maybe he knew how shit the TFA triology was going to be and didn't want to risk the chance that his character was made gay or trans.
Oh fuck off already.
>>
>>32485113
It could be a concern, I heard we're getting our first gay character next movie, I honestly don't give a shit, but it's still a consideration.
>>
>>32485112
Was that in a book, I don't recall that being said in the movie. Also I thought brainwashing would remove most of that from someone.
>>
File: trek vs wars.jpg (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
trek vs wars.jpg
3MB, 2000x2000px
IMPORTANT REMINDER
>>
>>32485140
Think it was in one of the behind the scenes or something. Buddy of mine who's a huge star wars buff was telling me about it.

I could be completely off base too for all i know.
>>
who was the women that died in star trek a few days ago?
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>32485150
>/pol/-ified version of the series
Star Trek also has interspecies breeding as semi-normal, including the First officer of the Enterprise, Voyager's chief engineer, and the series was the first interracial kiss on TV. It regularly denigrates backwards, hateful thinking. It condemns greed for greed's sake.

And you're fucking retarded if you saw Rey and Finn as a romantic connection at that point in the story.
>>
>>32485135
>I honestly don't give a shit

You clearly do.
>>
>>32484793

I have been saying this for years, i will never get the Star Wars I really want.
>>
>>32485066
>then has no qualms turning on and slaughtering his brothers he just was fighting with,

If I was kidnapped and enslaved by Space ISIS and then managed to escape I'd have no problem slaughtering them all, either.
>>
>>32485150
>What does God need with starship?
>>
File: ZZ6538A402.jpg (20KB, 736x275px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ6538A402.jpg
20KB, 736x275px
>you'll never doorgun filthy imperials with a Space M60 from your Space Huey flying above Space Vietnam

Why even live?
>>
File: SWR1_309.jpg (226KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
SWR1_309.jpg
226KB, 1920x816px
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>32484680
i think too much fett could make him un-scary would be my concern. a bounty hunter series yes, but a whole Fett series i dont know. maybe a dedicated mini-series at most like 6 hours long i could see work.

i thought the fett movie was put on hiatus cuz the plan was 7==> R1==> 8 ==> Han Solo ==> 9? i could be wrong though
>>
Sad we probably won't get more Death Troopers. They were cool as shit and the garbled voices were an awesome touch.
>>
>>32484680
>Boba Fett movie is confirmed

No it's not. They still haven't told us what the third anthology movie will be.

I'm hoping for a Yoda movie to fix how much the prequels shit on him.
>>
>>32485294
god when the blu ray comes out someone needs to do a webm of this scene with it aint me playing in the background
>>
>>32485344

My sides went to Scarif during that scene.

Rogue One was fucking awesome.
>>
File: shuttle.jpg (91KB, 1020x680px) Image search: [Google]
shuttle.jpg
91KB, 1020x680px
Out of the way plebs, coolest ship coming through
>>
>>32475796
I'm so tired of this stupid creature meme
>>
How do the ships in star wars maneuver without thrusters facing in every direction?
>>
>>32485177
Considering I never bought the movie to see those bonuses, it's possible. See it's things like that would have made TFA at least bit more palatable then outright ridiculous if told somehow in the movie.
>>
>>32485378
Thrust vectoring and "stabilizers."
>>
>>32485382
Cinematic/theater length cuts usually leave a lot to be desired. Directors cuts are the tits.
>>
>>32485378

Space movie magic. Nobody in the 70's cared because realistic ship designs wouldn't have looked as cool.
>>
>>32485239
yeah except he was shook up and what made him good was because he saw his brother in arms needlessly slaughtered, so he seems to actually care somewhat, it's not like he's known another life or friends outside of squad, or so it seems.
>>
>>32484798
this.

TIE/ln pilots and their craft may be as interchangeble and common as paper towels, but the fewer TIE bomber/interceptor/defender/phantom pilots may be immensly attached to their craft, simply due to the reduced number.

it could go something like this:

>cold open on pirate raid, like RotS cold open
>supporting a smaller imp ship against pirates
>elite squad flying TIE Defenders
>meanwhile the imperial command is going through internal dissent over whether they need more basic ties to fight Rebs, or more capable ties like the TIE Defender the protags are flying
>TIE protags btfo an x-wing fleet just after committee meeting, Moff Pierre Sprey gets booty blasted cuz its not "his" plan and his planet would be getting a TIE factory

act 2

>rebs get a scoop about the TIE Defender factory
>rebs plot to destroy it
>protags fight rebels in space, saboteurs on the space station blow up the facility
>heavily implied Moff Pierre Sprey leaked the data
>Imperial commitee decides restarting production of TIE Defenders is too expensive, gives the order for more basic TIEs
>>
>>32485282

U-Wing was cool as shit. I hope they pop back up in other media going foreward.
>>
>>32485330
I hope they do. TCW fucking sucked.
>>
>>32484900
this is the Complete visual guides. i have no pdf, but if you have a request i can try to take a pic. unfortunately 4chan has low res limits.
>>
File: 1482089482883.jpg (432KB, 1820x4100px) Image search: [Google]
1482089482883.jpg
432KB, 1820x4100px
>>32485317
Before I saw the movie, everyone on /tv/ was whining about how the Death Troopers didn't actually do anything. Then I saw it myself it sure looked like they were wrecking everyone's shit when they entered the battle on the beach planet.
>>
>>32485417

He may care but his old friends were still trying to kill him. Survival instincts override just about everything else.
>>
>>32485444
And yet their armor is just as paper thin as any other Stormtrooper.
>>
>>32485449
I guess, I just figured with his good nature he would of at least tried to also save some of his comrades from their chains or at least had second doubts about abandoning them when escaping with Poe, but yeah add brainwashed combat techniques from a young age and all the survival instincts probably kicked into overdrive there.
>>
>>32485437

TCW had this stupid thing going on where half the arcs were amazing space Vietnam/Gulf War and the other half were absolute garbage.

Namely anything involving the Jedi. I thought the weird old Force planet arc was kinda cool though.
>>
File: baze1.jpg (303KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
baze1.jpg
303KB, 1280x720px
>you'll never get to be space version of Jesse Ventura from Predator mowing down legions of Stormtroopers with your space minigun to support your blind force samurai bro
>>
>>32485465
tbf, a lot of real life operators wear less armor than some grunts so they can be "high speed, low drag"
>>
>>32485471
Yeah but at least Ashoka was likable over time, Obi-wan was nice especially his whole arc with Mandalore leader, I'm ignoring the pcifist revision of them. Rest of the Jedi arcs were meh.
>>
File: Halo-Reach-Jorge-Wallpaper.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Halo-Reach-Jorge-Wallpaper.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
>>32485491

Also his character further reinforces my idea that the R1 team played a fuckload of Halo Reach while they were making this movie.

>Baze, my cousin! Want to go do heavy weapons things and see beeg alien titties?!
>>
>>32485282
>>32485294
doorgunner alien monkeyman was great
>>
>>32485510

Despite how goofy Rebels can get I think they're doing a good job cleaning up some of the dumber shit from TCW. Ahsoka coming back was done well and they've even started to make me ok with Maul coming back to life.
>>
>>32485520
thats not necessarily a bad thing, rip based Jorge
>>
>>32485510
Eh, I liked that it gave Mandalorians a complexity and variety in their culture. They'd literally rendered the surface of their homeworld barren in civil war and moved everyone into dome cities under a tenuous peace, but fucked up by isolating all of the warriors who refused the peace together in one remote place to train and plot.
>>
>>32485558
>Rebels
>lightsaber helicopters

I know that shit was put in because 10 year olds (the target audience) would think it's cool but come the fuck on.

I thought the Inquisitors were cool otherwise though.
>>
>>32485566

Not a bad thing at all. Reach was the best Halo game.
>>
>>32485573

TCW was awesome for showing grey morality in a star wars movie. Same with Rogue One.
>>
>>32484824
That they are.

>i still haven't progressed far enough to unlock custom ship building.
>>
File: Chirrut_Imwe.png (149KB, 409x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chirrut_Imwe.png
149KB, 409x480px
That weird crossbow RPG thing was fucking dope.
>>
>>32485579
Spinning lightsabers are a nasty psychological hit.

However I'd just plaster the Inquisitors with Blaster fire once it was spun up.

Might be hard to deflect plasma bolts as you cut your own leg off.
>>
>>32485603
The bit where the guy is taunting Obi-Wan to either save the ship and kill him, but prove himself a killer in front of Satine, or let him go and let everyone on board die, and playing up that moral dilemma, and then Anakin just casually shanks him from behind and disables the detonator was a pretty fantastic way to contrast the two Knights.
>>
>>32485579
In case you didn't notice, anybody who wasn't shit with a lightsaber could come up with a counter for those. They were there to strike fear, not be effective weapons.
>>
>>32485704

The spinning lightsabers were fine but they lost me the second they started using them to fly around.
>>
>>32485847
Repulsor lifts in the handles apparently.
>>
>>32485880

It's still stupid.
>>
>>32485894
No argument there.
>>
>>32485894
It's a gadget.

However, why they need the blades to be on and spun up is beyond me, unless the designer was dumb enough to have it all on one circuit / activated kyber crystals powering the repulsor ring.
>>
File: tmp_sm.jpg (74KB, 1440x776px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_sm.jpg
74KB, 1440x776px
LOL, Star Wars weapons

>Laser blasters
>Fusion rockets
>laser swords
>Easily cured microbial infection
>Ewoks

"Mr. Scott? Beam a shitload of tribbles into their galley. I don't think these people deal well with small fuzzy things, this'll really fuck 'em up. Dr. McCoy, work with Mr. Spock on a cure for that strange microbial infection we encountered and figure out an aerial delivery system for it. These people will thank us when obviously evil assholes are no longer capable of shocking the shit out of innocents with lightning from their fingertips. Mr. Chekov, lay in a course to that giant city planet, Coruscant was it? We'll begin delivery of Dr. McCoy and Mr. Spock's cure there. Mr. Sulu, ahead warp factor five."
>>
>>32486083
>Warp bubble fucked by Interdictor grav field generator, yanked out of warp tumbling
>Shields and electronics fucked by Victory Class cruiser Ion cannons
>USS Enterprise's paper thin armor wrecked by concentrated plasma blaster and kinetic impact missile fire
>Red shirts mowed down by Storm Troopers
>Vader force chokes Spock while gutting McCoy and Kirk
>Scotty taken in for interrogation

>Tribbles, like Ewoks, are subject to extermination by Incinerator Troopers in retaliation to opposing the Empire.
>>
>>32485282
The Hue-wing is my new spacefu. If I lived in the SW universe that's the ship I'd want.
>>
>>32486083
PS: "microbial infection" No longer needed to use the force, thanks to Disney scrubbing the Vong books from canon.

The microbes just do what Q-jedi said, they are found in higher concentrations on force users, they don't cause "the force".
>>
File: EmpireChristmas.jpg (245KB, 1462x2048px) Image search: [Google]
EmpireChristmas.jpg
245KB, 1462x2048px
>>32486083
Funny story, Star Wars has Tribbles too, they're just called Gizka.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribble
>>
>>32486083
star trek is a liberal dream world

>replicator
DUDE FREE SHIT LMAO

>holodeck
muh safe space

>beaming people
it works as long as the script allows :-)
>>
>seriously arguing if Star Trek or Star Wars is better.

It's like nerds saying their pocket protector is better. You're still a nerd but a nerd that can't have fun.
>>
>>32486195
>PS: "microbial infection" No longer needed to use the force, thanks to Disney scrubbing the Vong books from canon.
The Vong books never had anything to do with the midifuckits causing the force.
>>
>>32486845
I'm pretty sure Midichlorians are more like Mitochondria, and not really something that should be removed.

Hell, they'd probably try to figure out how to give them to their own people.
>>
>>32486869
The entire point of the Vong being so salty in the first place was that they were stripped of the force by their sentient homeworld because of the total shitlords that they had become.
>>
>>32485665
You can unlock custom ship and module design in the settings. Playing the campaign is unnecessary.

But it is a single player game, so you might as well play the campaign.
>>
File: TR-8R.jpg (222KB, 1143x800px) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R.jpg
222KB, 1143x800px
>>32486869
>>32486915
>>32486195
>tfw the force is the least interesting part of Star Wars

>girl yoda gives Finn a lightsaber
>he turns it on and shanks a nigga
>>
>>32487124
That's because it's lol magic lol in a high tech setting that doesn't need it. It was supposed to be some zen mystical thing but ends up as Dragonball Z level power creep.
>>
>>32487656
Ironically there's less Deus ex Machina than Star Trek, where living, interventionist routinely dick with physics, biology, history, etc. In SW any putz with enough credits can get a light freighter and explore the entire galaxy, set up a business empire, or whatever they want with only minimal fear of Force users or a military jerking them around.
>>
>>32484618
TIE Top Gun with the 181st and Fel would be nice.
>>
>>32487952
But how do you have a "top gun" when every competition ends in a TIE?
>>
>>32485847
They really fucking fly around now?

I kinda dislike them simply because old Sheev didn't trust anyone, barely trusted Mara Jade and that other guy with sabers but in thnthnis new canon, he just hands them out to alike a dozen fags so they can do Vader's job?

a!so, I wonder if Mara Jade actually is going to be canon after all. Plenty of time in that 30 years for Luke to have found her, and she could have been killed by the Knights of Ren (I hope to fuck Rey actually did it for a good twist and maybe a de cent outcome of the trilogy)
>>
>>32489073
>he just hands them out to alike a dozen fags so they can do Vader's job?
Who have trouble with anyone near a knight's level of skill.
>>
>>32489126
ms like a biiig fuckn waste to me.
Are they at least doing a good job with Thrawn?
I admit to have not finished TCW, and the first few episodes of Rebels really didn't win me over so I haven't watched it.

I did however buy both volumes of Clone Wars (the original one). Clo es operating on droids like on Munnilist was badass
>>
File: 1392757766706.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1392757766706.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
>>32485591
>>32485566
>>32485520

>multiple slipspace ruptures detected
>>
>>32484784

No they didn't they got canonized in rebels.
>>
>>32489259
Wuuuuuuut
>>
>>32475914
IMO Star wars and Halo are pretty similar in this regard.

Halo 1 > Halo 2 = Halo 3 ... Halo Reach was an awesome prologue to H1, but not great as a standalone.

SW > ESB = ROJ ... R1 is an awesome prologue to SW, but not as great as a standalone.

Meanwhile all the other entries(Halo 4 and 5 / The SW Prequels) suck donkey dong.
>>
File: AD21.png (385KB, 812x458px) Image search: [Google]
AD21.png
385KB, 812x458px
>>32476809
>>
>>32489301
>SW > ESB = ROJ ... R1 is an awesome prologue to SW, but not as great as a standalone.

Haven't even seen Rogue One yet (why am I even here?) but ESB > SW.
>>
>>32489301
ODST was the best.
>>
>>32474628
The battle sequences in Rogue One are downright embarrassing. Capital ships can literally be pushed into each other.

If ion weaponry is SO EFFECTIVE why don't ships use Ion Weapons as their primary to disable shields?

Also why didn't the NON-DISABLED ship just push back against the "Hammerhead" or whatever. Or maneuver in any way?

I love Star Wars but I can no longer overlook how UTTERLY FAIL the Empire is at actually waging war. They lose literally every operation we see them in.

The only claim close to victory is Hoth,but even then they fuck Hoth up by landing their attack force too far away, allowing almost the entire rebel force to escape after - you guessed it - Ion Weaponry totally incapacitates a Star Destroyer.

The Empire is SUCH A JOKE that with an entire planet and an entire SOLAR SYSTEM to escape via, the Rebel Transports literally fly within a few hundred meters of the Star Destroyers on their escape route.

The Star Destroyers also fail to support the assault with orbital bombardment or even deploy fighters or set up any semblance of an interdiction line.
>>
>>32489333
ODST didnt age well

dialogue is cheesy as fuck
>>
>>32475092
Lots of the laser guns are built off AR lowers.
>>
>>32478977
Please tell me you have Vader killing those rebels
>>
>>32475796
What I don't get is the shield generator itself unshielded? If so what's the fucking point.
>>
>>32489363
You're trolling, right?

First of all, ion cannons drain a hell of a lot of power. The BTL-A4 is lucky to have ion cannon s, and the B-Wi g o lh has three because of Verpine space magic secret tech of making the generator so powerful.

Empire only fucked both up because Ozzel dropped out of hyperspace on the rebels doorstep giving g them time to raise the shields and scramble defenses. Veers landed so far away because of the Rebels theatre shield over the area.

Even so, Both was such a defeat that Endorsed was an all-or-nothing attack with e erythi g they had left. Most ground troops didn't get evacuated and of the 30some GR75s that took off, only like 12 made it out.
>>
>>32489363
>Capital ships can literally be pushed into each other.

Welcome to Star Wars.

>why dont ships use Ion Weapons as their primary

They DO. Did you miss that Star Destroyers are heavily armed with ion cannon batteries and the rebel ships are technical-tier

>I can no longer overlook how UTTERLY FAIL the Empire is at actually waging war.

They were never good at war. They never had to be until the Vong showed up. All they need to do is project power and stamp out a handful of armed freighters once in a while. All the Empire ever has to do against its enemies is drown them in manpower and resources, with the occasional superweapon or nigh-unstoppable assassin thrown in. Only reason the Empire lost was because Space Jesus got onto Big Daddy Palpatine's ship and guilt tripped his dad into killing him.
>>
>>32489450
For most of the 18 years between movies the Rebellion didn't act in more than small-cell scale anyways, and avoided direct conflict to build strength/deal with conflicting desires from the funding leadership. A good chunk of the Empire's military were infants/toddlers when Sheev declared himself emperor and terminated the CIS leadership and their armies.
>>
>>32484601
Ewan McGregor was a phenomenal Obi Wan, in my opinion. He captured the essence of the character perfectly, the only problem was how fucking awful the script and writing was. The acting was on point, the writing was the shitty part.
>>
>>32485520
See this post >>32489301
>>
>>32489387
I was pretty happy that most of the guns were based off of real guns like in the OT. In ep7 it was pretty shit how all the blasters looked like nerf guns painted black.

The main character in R1 uses a modified luger (probably some sort of reference to Han using a modified C96)
>>
>>32489776
Jin's pistol made Nabooan blaster sounds. Same soundbite as Amidala's guards' blasters from TPM.
>>
star destroyer a best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z33-qOXOWS4&spfreload=10
>>
File: rogue-one-23.nocrop.w529.h232.jpg (31KB, 529x219px) Image search: [Google]
rogue-one-23.nocrop.w529.h232.jpg
31KB, 529x219px
>>
File: destroyer.gif (699KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
destroyer.gif
699KB, 720x404px
>>
>>32483419
>explodey rods

We never see reloads though. Sounds like it would not be an energy weapon but a projectile weapon. The "bow" aspect of it also should seem like it would have something to do with projectiles, but the bow part does jack shit.

Let's also acknowledge that wookies are supposed to build their own bowcasters. Building a fucking laser gun seems like some fucking scientific shit for people who live in huts.
>>
>>32490057
This is a universe where dirt poor hicks let their kids fly around in fighter jets with laser cannons
>>
>>32477234
I remember when trips didn't sperg out about fantasy weapons. Go back to fapping to Bernie Sanders speeches.
>>
>>32485558
Still waiting on Rebels to appear on Netflix to watch it like I did with TCW.
>>
>>32486083
Back when StarDestroyer.net use to be a thing it actually had nerds, physicists and other people with science backgrounds with too much time on their hands, do some number crunching and SW ships blew ST ships out of the water in both firepower and shields. Based upon the projected powers shown inside each shows media.
>>
File: pepe-smug.jpg (15KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-smug.jpg
15KB, 300x250px
>>32484734
EMPIRE AT WAR 2 WHEN?
>>
File: empire strikes back ending.jpg (162KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
empire strikes back ending.jpg
162KB, 1920x816px
>>32483587
>>a galaxy spanning rebellion only has one fleet
>i want this meme to die

That’s how close they came to losing; the Empire Strikes Back ends with a shot the remnants of the entire Rebel fleet.
>>
>>32485693
Is that a human-designed bowcaster?
>>
>>32490837
I don't know, but he one-shots a TIE with it.
>>
File: Empire Strikes Back - Han Solo.jpg (97KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Empire Strikes Back - Han Solo.jpg
97KB, 900x506px
>>32485150

Indeed, Star Wars is the epitome of function following form, where fanboys furiously try to retcon explanations for the ridiculous shit that’s thrown on screen simply because it looks kewl!…
>>
File: chewbacca.jpg (28KB, 268x320px) Image search: [Google]
chewbacca.jpg
28KB, 268x320px
>>32489827
>>32489838

Why is the Empire laboriously mining the magic crystals and dangerously transporting them thru the twisted streets of the city under regular Rebel attack, when the evil Empire could have just blasted the mesa top clean and took the crystals with no hassles?

For that matter, why transport the magic crystals to another planet to refine them, then transport them to yet another planet to install them on the Death Star?

Oh yeah, and lets keep the blueprints for the Death Star on a fourth planet…
>>
>>32491005
At that point they were still pretending to be a normal government and military, the Senate was still in place and had power. Even the use of the Death Star was done in a way that couldn't really be traced to the Imperial Military. Because, you know, murdering an entire city of Imperial citizens to cover up a mining operation.
>>
>>32486169
>implying the empire wont just deploy bio weapons on tribbles, or just nerve-gas the galley, or depressurize that part of the hull, or have droids do that.

>>32486083
>implying star wars uses lasers when they are clearly energized exotic particle accelerators
>implying the 150 planet federation wont be labeled a terrorist org for bio-warfare, instantly giving the Emperor causus belli for MORE war funding, aka 3 new death stars, a hundred SSDs, and a Starkiller base all in the name of "ending terror" from some bumpkin backwater called "Eee-Arth".
>>
>>32486744
replicators require a raw feed of materials, they arent a factory powered by dreams
>>
>>32489409
so, heres the logic

in star wars, you project a shield, like most sci fis. In the old Star Trek, you know how theres a bubble around the enterprise when the shield gets hit? Well in star wars theres some geometric stuff involved. you can "angle" a shield to provide more directional protection. a fighter could probe the weaknesses in a ships shield (caused by damage from capital ships, angling, power shortage, etc), slip in that pocket, and attack it where it is vulnerable. Thats why fighter-screens are so important. We see plenty of rebel ships die just trying to maneuver into weak-points at RotJ, ANH, and R1.
>>
>>32490407
it still is, its just not updated much, if at all. it had really interesting snippets.
>>
>>32489300

Yeah man, the rebel group even try and stop them from getting made I believe.

nevertheless the plans actually show in the show. So canon.
>>
>>32490459
I'm going to write a letter to Disney & EA.

With all this Star Wars hype, I don't see why they wouldn't.
>>
>>32489450
>rebel ships are technical-tier
Yet they routinely score major victories against Imperials. So Imperials must be even more shit, since basically pick-up trucks with bazookas attached are blowing up Nimitz-Class ships.

>They were never good at war.
Why are the rebels scared of them then? The Imperial Military is a direct descendant of the Republic Army that defeated the Droid Army, the Genoshan Army, etc.
>>
>>32491683
>Yet they routinely score major victories against Imperials.

They routinely get their shit pushed in by the Imperials. Only main characters regularly meet with success. Again, Space Jesus.
>Why are the rebels scared of them then?

Gee I don't know, might be something to do with the massive resources available I mentioned earlier. You don't need to be good if you can just drown them in guns, ships, and footsoldiers.
>>
>>32478977

>SURPRISE!
>>
File: 1380559697959.jpg (1MB, 2240x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1380559697959.jpg
1MB, 2240x1320px
this thread needs this
>>
File: Bravo fireball.jpg (220KB, 1594x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Bravo fireball.jpg
220KB, 1594x1600px
I saw Rouge One in cinemas 2 days ago and thought I'd put my two cents in.

The Death Star performed much differently compared to previous renditions. I really liked the nuclear weapon-style blasts with the condensation rings and such. Though the giant wave that uprooted the crust of the planet looked a bit silly compared to what looked like a realistic fireball. An interesting development. Also the impact must have somehow exceeded sonic speeds since the rumbling from Jedha city blowing up was felt at Saw's hideout before the shockwave even got there.

The parallels seen in Jedha and the Middle East were quite easily drawn. Even the ambush scene looked like a skirmish in sandland similar to Black Hawk Down. Turbans, shooting from buildings, the tank crawling through narrow sandy streets and all that jazz.

Also, I had a little moment when the Old Republic "Hammerhead" ship showed up and plowed the Star Destroyer into the other. Those have never been the films. It gives me nostalgia for the Knights Of The Old Republic games.
>>
>>32491683
>The Imperial Military is a direct descendant of the Republic Army that defeated the Droid Army, the Genoshan Army, etc.

Actually the Republic was on the ropes when the CIS forces literally were sieging their capitals, and the only reason the Republic "won" was because their chief of state was a fucking dark lord who just killed the Confederacy's top brass and sent a shut down command to the droid armies.

The Empire is an amalgamation of both Republic and salvaged CIS equipment
>>
>the Empire could turn the power down on the Death Star the entire time

Then why did they want to scorch Yavin VI then?
>>
>>32491695
>They routinely get their shit pushed in by the Imperials.
Point out Imperial victories.

Hard mode: Point out current cannon Imperial victories.
>>
>>32492107
Well the Republic didn't even have a real army until the war began, the clones had never seen combat and then suddenly were thrust into a large scale war - and won several major battles.
>>
>>32474628
Im just guessing some sort of fluff will get written up to justify it, but what REALLY made me scoff was how the rebels wait until their big expensive fleet is getting FUCKING SHREDDED to deploy ion cannons.

Like, you'd think "the magic gun that shoots blue shit instead of red shit that totally fucks up their fancy tech in like, 1 hit? Naaaaaw man. Save that for a really dramatic moment. In the mean time just kinda let em fuck you up with thier superior firepower."

I mean seriously, they have this awesome weapon that literally cuts the enemy fleets firepower in half just from a few hits but they dont have it all charged up and ready to fire right from the get go as their opening move?
>>
>>32492065
I can actually verify that "faster than sound" thing.

In iraq when the paladins a mile off would fire you could feel this wierd vaguely concussive tremor through the ground a full second or two before you heard the muzzle blast.

Sound travels faster through a solid than it does the atmosphere.
>>
>>32474651
That was the best scene in the movie. It is like a nightmare when no matter what you do, you die (and then wake up, if you're dreaming it.) Except it showed Vader as that nightmare being real.
>>
>>32490906
This. Whenever I point out a plot hole in the series that bothered me some fanboi will fart out a 12 chapter itemized response with sited sources from 1985 EU novels that havent been in print for 25 years to explain why the storm troopers cant hit shit or why its totally okay that for no fucking reason luke and leia suddenly have to be related.

The real reason is because the badguys always have to lose, and because george lucas is an autistic fuck with utterly no idea how romance side stories are supposed to work, and didnt know how to make leia choose solo without making all the flirting between her and luke prior in the trilogy all wierd and incesty.

Side note: praise for rogue one, it was really great that they didnt try to turn it into a love story. Starwars sucks at love stories.

First we got luke making out with his twin sister, then we get anakin rigidly and autistically blurting out dead monotone lines about how much he hates sand.

Force awakens does explicity show fin and rey romantically involved, and rogue one finally had a fun star wars story that didnt try to force a stupid romance.

Im kinda hoping the next fin and rey thing doesnt try to pull a hamfisted interracial thing.

I dont even care about a black guy and a white girl, Im just fucking sick of the various series I love randomly pandering to the tumblr crowd outta nowhere. Interracial couples arent even that risque anymore, it just seems whenever one of my series decides to pander for SJW neetbux>>32491005
its either via an interracial couple or a charecter suddenly turning gay.

Its become a fucking cliche in scifi that needs to stop.
>>
File: 1482116588378.png (90KB, 271x296px) Image search: [Google]
1482116588378.png
90KB, 271x296px
>>32485150
wahh we cant do x because hippie tree people will bitch
>gotta reverse the polarity/10
>>
>>32484562
They hurt that with rogue one.

Leia is all like I'm a member of the senate in ANH, but rogue one reveals Vader seeing her ship escape with the plans. It totally kills the dramatic tension.
>>
>>32490253
to be fair, if you are taking about luke, he didn't have anything more than a shuttle craft. the fact that it had the same control layout as as an x-wing was to make it (the x-wing) easier to product and train on, which is kinda a big deal when the company that made it is making the damn parts for the rebel in Empire controlled factories
>>
>>32492125
there are several examples in Rebels, even if i dont know the names of the worlds, where the Empire outright btfos non-plot shield rebels. the majority of rebel victories literally rely on

>tactical surprise
>local numerical superiority despite theater-level inferiority
>Force-magic plot armor
>Combination of the above

It's pretty clear in the OT that the rebels HAVE to bail the second the empire regroups or their element of surprise is gone.

Just look at the Tantive IV scene at the opening of ANH. the Stormtroopers literally breech and successfully take a corridor (without cover) against a prepared defense. At the Death Star detention level they push Luke and co. from the area, despite getting hallway and elevator fucked.

Even at endor, after the initial surprise they managed to start winning until Chewbacca took the AT-ST.

in space, at Endor, the rebels clearly were losing, with their only hope being to buy time for the ground team. their leaders even acknowledge that they cant fight the Star Destroyers for long, but its literally their only hope.
>>
>>32492132
they DO use ion cannons. Both sides do. the problem is that ion cannons still need to wear out shields before they can do their jobs. Fighters can get to weaknesses in shields and drop ion bombs/torpedos, hence the y-wing scene in R1. they flew up to exploit a particular weakness, drop ion bombs, then poof, main reactor is temporarily disabled
>>
>>32492199
>Force awakens does explicity show fin and rey romantically involved, and rogue one finally had a fun star wars story that didnt try to force a stupid romance.
Many people involved in the movie have said that Finn and Poe are gonna be gay together. Rey will prolly be gay too for raisins.
>>
>>32493455
>Mmmm, yeah, keep my jacket, you look goood.
>>
>>32492065
They were only using a single reactor, they only wanted to blow the location, not the entire planet.
>>
>>32475467
Did it really take them 40 years to realize the main badguys are facist human supremacists called stormtroopers?
>>
>>32494174
Well they do apparently take their heads out of their own asses to breathe on occasion.
>>
>>32485204
It's funny when people complain there is a gay character in the new Star Trek when the original was multi ethnic communists with female officers going on space adventures

In the fucking 60s no less
>>
>>32474628
/POL-fag here. I thought the movie kicked ass. Much better than TFA. Fuck the Newfags over at /pol. I hope Disney takes note and make more like R1.
>>
>>32484514
Did you fall asleep during the random murders on Tatooine, the torture, and the space laser holocaust of billions of people?
>>
>>32484562
Alderaan is destroyed 30 years after "democracy" is ended. But every source says the Galactic Senate was bloated and ineffectual and needed to be replaced.

So after 30 years of a terrorist insurgency, they blow up Alderaan which we know gave us Leia the spy, Bail Organa the resistance leader, etc. It most surely was militarized.
>>
>>32494620
>>32484562
I don't believe Leia for a second when she says Alderaan was peaceful.

Outwardly maybe, but you can guarantee they were materially supplying the RA.
>>
>>32484769
I think EP II had good battles in it. I think Phantom is worst.
>>
>>32494620
tbf, deliberately tying up the republic in its own bureaucracy was part of the Sith master-plan.
1- make the senate weak and ineffectual
2- become Supreme Chancellor
3- Force a crises to concentrate power, weaken the jedi
4- Order 66 the Jedi
5- I AM the Senate/become emperor
6- "restore order", aka public consents to occupation during rebuilding
7- consolidate the last vestiges of power
8- secure your rule via overwhelming power (Death Star, spies, Navy, etc).
>>
>>32494746
>Have enough local space superiority to conduct massive troop landing of many divisions of infantry and armor almost unopposed.
>Conduct said landing into a massive open plain and attack the enemy like line infantry.
>Not using your local space superiority to bombard the fuck out of the enemy before landing.
Shields weren't a factor as Repub and Sep craft were flying around without any evident effect during the entire battle.
>>
>>32494829
Didn't they want to capture something rather than just destroy it?

Also there are no precision weapons in Star Wars. So you're using naval artillery danger close.
>>
>>32494302
Jawas are murderous thieves.

And it was sand people who did that and the moisture farmers. Your conspiracy theories have no proof.
>>
>>32494856
Bombarding the massive field of droid ships before dropping the troops in wouldn't prevent them from completing any of their objectives.
>>
>>32494902
Considering there had been no war for nearly a millennium, I'd like to think that that can be forgiven
>>
>>32494917
plus werent jedi de-facto high ranking officers during the clone wars? like it was rigged by Palps or whatever so Padawans were the equivelant of Majors or something, and a jedi master was basically Douglas McArthur-tier?
>>
>>32494620
>I can name two terrorists from a planet so its okay to kill literally billions of innocents
>>
>>32494902
maybe the droids were in undetected bunkers and the pre-landing fires only killed the droids patrolling the surface?

I think it is more telling that the republic used clones so nobody would complain about combat deaths.
>>
>>32494985
>Jedi with clone bodyguards
>Jedi runs through droid/bug army
>clone bodyguards die in droves
>Jedi goes LOL, looks like I'm gonna be captured, okay I surrender
>it keeps happening
Order 66 happened for a reason.
>>
>>32494990
likely this. We see in AotC and Clone Wars that geonosis is pretty much a honeycomb, with underground stuff out the wazoo
>>
>>32495001
i think it was literally done with the intent of increasing jedi attrition and shaking their confidence at the losses around them; lots of jedi had moral grievances from going full-warrior, as opposed to US Marshals/ambassador.
>>
>>32495039
Please give me an example of an actual Jedi, not a Sith who gave a shit about clones dying.
>>
>>32494990
>>32495014
The massive landing field of droid assault ships was completely untouched.

>>32494917
While there is some merit to that argument, it doesn't take a Patton tier general to figure out using your most powerful weapons to at least weaken the enemy first would be a good idea.
>>
>>32495052
there was an arc in the clone wars where a trooper pre-maturely 66s a jedi, and Anakin legitimately seems concerned. whether you count him as a jedi or sith is up to you. In the Malevolence arc, Plo Koon is shown to care quite a bit and explicitly views them as individuals each.

how do you think the Clone commanders got their names? often Jedi used them, and seemed quite concerned with their wellbeing
>>
File: IMG_1020.jpg (25KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1020.jpg
25KB, 400x300px
>>32474651
>>
>>32494987
It's not two terrorists, it's literally the people who govern the entire planet. If the god damn leader of the planet is part of the rebellion you can guarantee he's funneling at the very least money, if not ships and arms.
>>
>>32495089
>arc in the clone wars where a trooper pre-maturely 66s a jedi, and Anakin legitimately seems concerned
>being concerned a clone killed a Jedi is the same as being concerned for the death of clones
Anakin was never really a Jedi, his training was later in life and mostly informal through Quad Gin and Obi Won. Much like Luke's lack of training from Obi Won and quick course from Yoda. Vader also had lots of Sith mentoring from Sheev.

>Malevolence arc, Plo Koon
>Clone commanders got their names?
Is this from the movies? EU book? Cartoon/3d cartoon? Asking because I don't know and only vaguely remember the prequels.
>>
>>32495115
Bail Organa was one of the financiers, yeah. not sure how much of the alderaan treasury was being laundered. It was, first and foremost, a power play.
>>
>>32495149
clone wars 3D cartoon show on Netflix. they are better at showing the day-to-day war, and show the jedi consistently view clones better than just mere fodder.

if anything its their monk-autism that makes them seem detached.

thats why i left anakin up to you, he was never normal.
>>
>>32495153
Power play sure, but it is also sending a message to leaders who might consider supporting the rebellion.

It would be like the USA nuking Saudi Arabia after 9/11. Because the Saudis materially supported Wahhabis.
>>
>>32495190
yes, and a lot of people would find that disproportionate to say the least.
>>
>>32495226
Doesn't make it right, but Alderaan's destruction wasn't random and had nothing to do with Leia's interrogation.

Tarken and Vader agree that Alderaan's destruction pretty much solves the issue of dissent in the senate (and the senate's relevance).
>>
>>32495001
Karen traviss actually covered that fairly well. Clones didn't fucking like jedi, because jedi within a thousand miles meant piles of dead fucking clones.
>>
>>32485294
>it ain't Sheev starts playing
>>
>>32495315
except Travis had a very obvious hatred for everything that wasnt HER PRECIOUS MANDALORIAN SNOWFLAKE BABY.

shes part of the reason Halo is a shitshow now.
>>
>>32485520
RIP Jorge

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X4jfvddi45M
>>
>>32495315
Some Jedi leaders were great, some were terrible. Anakin and Obi-Wan were the former.
>>
>>32495315
http://www.starwars.com/video/the-conscience-of-the-clone
>blood is thicker
>>
>>32490791
that's clearly not true because the next movie which takes place only 6 months later has a shitload of mon cal cruisers and a million more CR90s and Nebulon Bs, besides, its explicitly stated that Raddus' part of the fleet isn't the WHOLE THING
>>
>>32494040
And they did a shitty job of it, considering the way the planet's crust was being kicked up that much. Those planets are still gonna be dead, so why not go full power?
>>
>>32495580
At that point they still wanted "could've been a natural disaster" plausible deniability.
>>
>>32495580
First and foremost, plot device. Would end the movie right quick if the "heros" died there. Second, it might not kill the whole planet, but it's gonna fuck it up however long it takes for all the debris to clear and settle. Besides, if they tested full power it would ruin another small continuity bit when Tarkin "tests" it in ANH.
>>
>>32495647
>plausible deniability
this, up until the point Pappy dissolves the Senate the Empire has been functioning for the most part like a normal government.
>>
>>32495329
Traviss and Denning were the entire reason why the old EU was absolute shit. Traviss even tried to throw Mara Jade out the window way back during the Jedi Academy era before Zahn slapped her shit down.
>>
>>32496111
That's a good thing though. Mara was mary sue bullshit.
>>
>>32495647
>>32495664
So why not replace it with a throwaway scene/line about base delta zero? Hell, you could also have a rando character say something about the time that'll take, so the death star being able to do it in one shot is actually impressive.
>>
>>32496690
Remember, they fed the senate a lie that is was a "mining accident" because at the time it probably wasn't a secret that the empire was doing mining operations, just what they were mining was a secret. If they actually did a base delta zero, it would be obvious it was military action. Lore wise, there could have been plenty of proper ways to handle it, but the writers apparently were pressed on time to research ideas. So the usual rule of cool took over.
>>
>>32496808
Well and the rebellion wasn't really in open warfare at the time. There were a bunch of cells actively operating against the Empire, and a central group that mostly just provided support, but not a lot.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.