[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 30

File: 1403890527805.jpg (183KB, 994x759px) Image search: [Google]
1403890527805.jpg
183KB, 994x759px
Military Enlistment General /meg/
Vietnam fucking shits edition

Previous thread
>>32123179

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857
>>
fuck pogs
>>
Here for all your puddle pirate needs.
>>
>>32149735
Sup, officer or enlisted? If enlisted what rating?
>>
>>32149757
Enlisted, ME
>>
I am 19, six feet tall, and 140lbs. Skinny.

How do I go about becoming an operator?
>>
File: platoon_shirt_arnold.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
platoon_shirt_arnold.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
I'll answer any questions i can, Marine infantry 2009-2014
>>
>>32149762
Nice rate choice, have you completed your tour at a DSF unit to be eligible for Chief yet or are you already Chief/above?
>>
>>32149821
How many people did you kill :^)
>>
File: image.gif (1023KB, 400x193px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1023KB, 400x193px
How hard is it to get into army 35q? The asvab score required looks pretty damn intimidating.
>>
>>32149821
Is there any way I can go back in time and serve when there is war? Fuck being too young for Iraqistan.
>>
>>32149837
eleventeen
>>
>shithead uscg JO
>either want to get out after 5 years or give up commission and enlist
I will probably just stay for the 5 years then try to join a different federal agency.
>>
File: 95th rifles.jpg (144KB, 980x363px) Image search: [Google]
95th rifles.jpg
144KB, 980x363px
Hello lads. I've been thinking about enlisting in the King's Army, and I'm hoping to make it into the 95th Rifles. What can I expect?
>>
How much weight does the average recruit needs in terms of lifts?

Let's go off of the basic four lifts, all ORM
>Bench
>Squat
>Deadlift
>Overhead Press
And for shits and giggles
>Pullups by reps
>>
>>32149826
Dude I just made ME3. DSF will be my next unit choice if I stay in, but I'm not gonna be in long enough to make Chief
>>
>>32149900
Oh shit I didn't know, congrats on passing A school then. I have heard it would be best to avoid MSRT west until they fully stand it up, or else it will be a bunch of menial bullshit as opposed to actually doing stuff. PACTACLET sounds like the best unit ATM.
>>
>>32149930
By the time transfer season rolls around for me, MSRT west should be on its feet. I don't see it taking that long since they're really just renaming it. PACTAC sounds great and is one of my top choices. Knew some people who went there, and I have a buddy at MSRT east. I'm trying to go to PATFORSWA in the next few years so I can get a guaranteed DSF pick.
>>
>>32149821
Should I become a Muhreen? Should I go Infantry or HUMINT? Is boot camp really that bad? How do I increase pull ups? What do I say to recruiter, i smoked a lot of weed in high school? How much pussy do you get?
>>
>>32149977
Best of luck w/ the picks then.
>>
>>32150009
Thanks man
>>
What do you learn at 35M AIT?
>>
Any Naval Aviation bros still around? Any ASTB tips? Ways to game selection and OCS?
>>
>>32150104
>Ways to game selection
This is so vital. Fucking NOBODY wants to end up flying transport shit.
>>
>>32150119
When my dad was putting down his preferences during AOCS, he put jets for everything. He ended up flying F-14s for 20 some years.
>>
Do heartburn and stomach gas get you disqualified?
>>
>>32150171
That shows enthusiasm for a role, if nothing else.
>>
>>32150104
Top your class in API to get your choice. OCS is now SWO oriented so it won't come into play for aviators
>>
File: GADSDEN.jpg (623KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
GADSDEN.jpg
623KB, 2448x2448px
>>32149997
>Should I become a Muhreen?
It is pretty easily the shittiest lifestyle out of all the branches. That said, you get to do cool shit, make some good friends, etc.
>Should I go Infantry or HUMINT?
Peacetime infantry is probably pretty fucking gay. I would say HUMINT, or pretty much anything else unless you really want to be a grunt.
>Is boot camp really that bad?
No, literally all you have to do is not be a pussy.
>How do I increase pull ups?
do pullups. lift. work out until you want to puke every day, it will come.
>What do I say to recruiter, i smoked a lot of weed in high school?
Did you get caught? i had some stuff on my record(nothing serious), and my recruiter told me just not to say shit. They wont know anything if you dont tell them. They will use scare tactics and shit to get you to snitch on yourself the first coupledays at bootcamp, but after that you are in the clear. Remember: It only ever happened if you admit to it.
>How much pussy do you get?
While i was in? not much. I spent most of my time enlisted either in the field or deployed. WE didnt have wooks around when i was in, so maybe if you go infantry some of those chicks will be dtf.
>>
>>32150199
>top your class in API
What he means is, you're fucked. API is so fucking competitive if you aren't basically a pilot already you're done for.
>>
>>32150193
This was late 60s early 70s so a long fucking time ago. Don't know if that coupled with natural aptitude helped him get what he wanted.

>>32150199
By SWO oriented, do you mean its focus is more on producing surface warfare guys with aviation as a secondary concern? How does that impact going the aviation route, exactly.
>>
>>32150273
Explain API, if you would.
>>
>>32149799
What branch?
>>
>>32150278
It just means the shit you'll learn in classes is geared more towards future SWOs. Means nothing in the overall picture for either route honestly. Just that AOCS was geared more towards future aviators.
>>
>>32150294
So you know how to fly an airplane: the crash corse
>>
>>32150326
Ah. Doesn't sound too hard, since I plan on getting a private pilot's license on my own.
>>
>>32149724
This
>>
>>32149895
You don't. Weightlifting isn't a requirement. If you need to lift heavy shit on the job, that's where you'll get stronger. Get out of the gym and run. Looking good with your shirt off =/= having the physical abilities to do what needs doing in the field
>>
>>32150339
You have $10k just sitting around? Lucky you
>>
>>32150359
My dad, in spite of his lack of enthusiasm for contributing to my college education, has been more than willing to offer to pay for flying lessons to get a license. I'm his last chance to have a son who isn't an utter fuck up, so he wants me to go the naval aviation route and will do anything to further that. I figure I may as well milk it.
>>
>>32150405
Nice.
I was just joking about the API btw. It's very memorization oriented. You'll be fine
>>
>>32150451
I didn't think it would be anything that required astronaut tier knowledge to complete, but it is nice to have a little more information about it going in. I'm still a sophomore so I have a lot of time before that would be a concern.
>>
>>32149846

It has one of the highest ASVAB requirements.

While that sounds intimidating, that basically means you just need to have not skipped most of High School.

35Q gets a lot of guys enlisting with college degrees. If you have a degree, the ASVAB should be retarded easy to get a 85+.
>>
>>32150505
I wouldn't worry about it so much, besides getting private lessons means you'll have to unlearn whatever they teach you that isn't the Navy way
>>
>>32149895

You're going to have a bad time when you realize that 90% of the military shits on lifters. Have fun when your first sausage and CO think you're a fat piece of shit.

It might be retarded, by the Army only wants guys that can run and do bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>32150505
Oh yea you've got time to kill. But don't waste it.
Have a link on me, cheers.
https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/the-basics-of-api.13225/
>>
Has anyone ever done simultaneous participation in the ANG and ROTC? I want to do it en route to becoming a pilot

Does anyone know Virginia allows guardsmen to put some of the $2.5k per semester of schooling towards flight lessons?
>>
>>32150084

How to get people to tell you shit when they don't really mean to.

Hint: Blowjobs are the key.
>>
>>32150315
navy. im gay so i pretty much have to go there
>>
>>32150528
Makes sense.

>>32150539
I don't intend to. I'm on a diet right now and am working on my athleticism. Academically I'm planning on lots of math alongside economics, with some physics thrown in.
>>
>>32150591

>>>/wsg/1416297

next test
>>
>>32150579
Economics! An anon after my own heart
>>
File: laughing hayek.jpg (40KB, 520x510px) Image search: [Google]
laughing hayek.jpg
40KB, 520x510px
>>32150714
My fellow dismal scientist!
>>
>>32150351
>>32150530
But don't you need muscle mass to do the physically taxing things?
>>
As it turns out, it was my dad that did this thread here way back in July.

http://desuarchive.org/k/thread/30716956/#q30716956
>>
>>32150841

Probably, but that doesn't change how the Army views lifting. If you're using weights to train up to join then you're probably wasting time unless you've already maxed your run. The Army's primary measure of soldier worth is how quickly you can run two miles.

Mid-tier running but you've got massive arms and can carry three wounded buddies? You're a fattie and they're going to recommend Joe Skelly who can run a 11 minute two mile for the good school they got coming up.
>>
>>32150899
Really? Do they use BMI or what because that's fucking stupid logic.
>>
>>32150936
>Military
>Logic

Pick one.

Look, everyone with a brain (read: not senior leadership) understands how retarded the military's stance on fitness can be. I'm just letting you know up-front how it is so you don't end up one of the hundreds of gym rat E-4s wondering why nobody will recommend him to the E-5 promo board.

You wanna be a swoledier? Don't expect to make a career out of it.
>>
>>32150550

Can you tell me more about 35M AIT?

Hint: You might get a blowjob (no homo just a thug who likes suckin dick)
>>
>>32149735
Why does the coast guard wear the national defense service ribbon?
>>
>>32150566
Okay so SEALs it is. You go to BUD/S. This'll tell you how: http://www.military.com/military-fitness/navy-special-operations/options-to-become-navy-seal

BUD/S is a bitch. Think RASP and a few bits of Ranger school, but with a focus on water

After BUD/S, it's difficult to know. If you want to go further, DEVGRU(or SEAL team 6 if you don't know what you're talking about) is the way to go. Getting there is EXTREMELY difficult. You need to be at the top of your SEAL team in every way, and then you have to make it through the grueling selection process. It makes BUD/S look like a fucking joke in hindsight. Take BUD/S as a major milestone though, if you pass and get selected, you're already more of an operator than 90% of those who have tried
>>
>>32150841
Yes and no. If you've got working physical ability(not a weak skelly) than you can get through basic, AIT, and your stay in the army no problem. They don't want bodybuilders, they want cardio athletes
>>
>>32151085
Why wouldn't we?
>>
>>32150936
Nothing in any military has ever followed any kind of civilian logic. But it's guaranteed to have a good reason, even if you can't see it. Getting up at 4 in the morning? It's to test your determination. Team obstacles? Obviously building your ability to work as a team. The reason they prefer cardio to strength? It's irrelevant. Sure, a certain level of strength is required, and having more is helpful, but in a modern combat environment, being able to outlast the enemy is more important. A child and the strongest man on earth can both use a gun to similar effect. And for the hand to hand combat, not only is it extremely unlikely for the enemy to get that close and have you alone, but the rush of adrenaline they both get will level the playing field

Doesn't mean you shouldn't get stronger, but as the other anon said, prioritize the running
>>
>>32151446
So you would say that as long as you can lift most common objects with ease, you should focus on running?
>>
>>32151312
It's supposed to be for military service.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 640x743px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 640x743px
>>32151825
Yes. Run and do calisthenics. Doesn't mean you can't also lift, but keep it to maintaining what you have, and under no circumstance save injury should it take priority over the running and calisthenics. If you want to go far, you should be able to exceed the 300 score any time of day, any day

Shoot for pic related, it's the recommendated stats to pass Ranger School. If you can do this, than you've got the physical ability to do literally anything the army may throw at you, the rest is just mental
>>
>>32152328
>>32151825
As a side note, the push&sit up #'s you want is 100, not 80. This'll make getting a 300 even when cold, tired, hungry and exhausted much easier
>>
>joining the Air National Guard
>MEPS Monday 5th

I can't decide what to choose. I was going to go into something tech related and maybe one day transfer to 1b4 in the Active Duty Air Force. But at the same time, I want to be able to deploy and feel like I've actually been in the military.

RF Transmissions(3D1X3) or Combat Controller (1C2X1)
>>
>>32152304
You do know the Coast Guard is a military branch has been a part of every major conflict since WW2, right?
>>
>>32150544
Pls respond
>>
>>32152362
>not part of WW2
You know what we call things not part of WW2?\
THIRD WORLD
>>
>>32152378
We were a part of WW2. Douglas Munro is a medal of honor recipient for rescuing like 500 Marines. Maybe you should learn some history there, buddy.
>>
>>32149821
What is peace time infantry like? I'm seriously considering joining the muhweens and going 03xx but I'm not exactly sure what they do during peace time.
>>
is surface engineering really as shit as people make it out to be?
>>
What is the deal with joining a service in the USA if you aren't a citizen? I read something along the lines of, you needing a greencard first before you enlist.
>>
File: 1479803227879m.jpg (156KB, 852x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479803227879m.jpg
156KB, 852x1024px
>>32149895

YOU DONT NEED ANYTHING JUST FOCUS ON RUNNING DOING PUSHUPS AND SITUPS

WEIGHTLIFTING IN THE MILITARY IS THE BIGGEST FUCKING MISTAKE YOU CAN MAKE BECAUSE THE PT TESTS ARE KEKED TO SHIT

DONT DO IT MANE.
>>
>>32149694
I-is this attainable in a month? I used to do a 8 min mile before I started boozing and smoking heavily but i've quit all that now.

Reckon i'll be able to get back into it?
Also I CAN'T FUCKING DO SIT UPS WITHOUT SOMEONE HOLDING MY FEET. I can do like 50 in a row if someone holds them down but can't do one without my feet held down, does this automatically disqualify me?

(Aiming for weapons engineer in royal navy)
>>
File: 1475717283769.jpg (111KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475717283769.jpg
111KB, 500x700px
>>32152362
>>32152524
>we
Not that other guy, hes just busting your balls a little so calm down. And stop saying we, even if youre in, still stop saying we.

>>32153283
Compared to other jobs yes. But if youve worked in that type of environment in the civ world and you love it then go for it. Go GSE or GSM.
>>
>>32153614
Once you've been doing them for a while, you can do the sit ups without support. During the actual PT test though, your battle buddy will hold them down

As for everything else, yes. It's going to be a bit harder than it would have been, but if you cut the smoking and drinking completely you'll start to improve gradually
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 450x450px
>>32152360
>CCT
>>
how hard is it to pass the SF screening test/commando's course

t. ausfag
>>
>>32152360
From what I heard it's a real bitch to try to go from NG to active duty. If you want to go active duty then do that right away.
>>
>>32152362
Yes, they're a 'part of' the war in afghanistan because they send teams to conduct customs inspections of actual military members' bags when they return from their actual deployments.

Thank you for your cervix.
>>
Well bump i guess.

Anyone knows what branch and services are currently hiring? I want to join ASAP.
>>
>>32156114
.....they're all "hiring" all the time you goon
>>
>>32156140
Thank you for your non-answer.

My question was what services I can ship out for ASAP.
>>
>>32156205
How bout you call the recruiters and ask bucko instead of spending your time on a Taiwanese turtle farming forum
>>
>>32156236
So you're upset that you can't give any meaningful info? Why don't you just try to shut the fuck up instead of pretending you actually know anything?

If you can't answer a question; don't. See how easy that was?
>>
>>32156274
I'm enjoying how butthurt you're getting. How about you ask a real question or do some fucking research for yourself guy
>>
>>32156285
Well, the projection awards for 2016 goes to you.

I was asking an innocent question but you act like i just raped your baby brothers ear. And you accuse me of being upset and butthurt? Can't tell if it's funny or sad.
>>
>>32156300
Ask for undes in the navy, you'll ship out immediately
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 562x600px
>>32156300
>>
>>32156374
>image.jpg

Mea culpa
>>
>>32150544
In ROTC in Virginia I'll ask around for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 322x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 322x447px
>>32153553
God do I hate Estonians I hate them more then commies and Fags.
>>
for the americans

always try to get the army to take you as a warrant officer helicopter pilot first. never enlist with out trying this.
>>
>>32156403
We await real questions
>>
>>32156438
Most people here are not good enough for that, the recruiter won't want to do the work
>>
File: image.png (102KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
102KB, 480x270px
>>32156285
The fuck kind of disorder you got?
>>
File: 98372.jpg (158KB, 962x648px) Image search: [Google]
98372.jpg
158KB, 962x648px
>>32153553
>can't even carry it one-handed
weak
>>
This is a dumb question but if you joining the water forces (Marines Navy) should you know how to swimming first or will they teaching you?
Thank
>>
>>32156444
Ok to spoonfeed you again since you're a lobotomized retard. What would you suggest being a good service to apply for right not when it comes to shipping dates and signing bonuses?

I already know you're too fucking stupid to give me a good answer but there you have the question you couldn't understand.
>>
Is there an equivalent to the army's 21Q in any other branches?
>>
11B Here, ask away.
>>
>>32156502
What's daily life like right now as 11B? Would you recommend doing it?
>>
>>32156495
https://www.airforce.com/careers/detail/electrical-systems
>>
>>32156487
http://www.goarmy.com/benefits/money/bonuses-earning-extra-money.html
>>
>>32156502
what type of unit are you in
>>
>>32156514
Depends on what rotation your unit is in. Mostly doing retarded shit, with some cool shit every now and then, but mostly retarded shit.

Only if you really want to be infantry, otherwise get another MOS thats gonna help you out in the long run when you get out. With that said, would I choose another MOS if I could go back? No, because Im not a fucking POG
>>
>>32156525
Yet another useless answer. At least you admit that you're useless.
>>
>>32156537
Heavy weapons, so its like mechanized but with different weapons, kinda.
>>
>>32156456
all you have to do is pass the FAST and have good eye sight.
>>
>>32156550
kek, theres a bit more to it than that
>>
>>32156550
its called sift now, so you obviously don't know much about the process
>>
>>32156540
do your own fucking research you cunt, do you see any recruiters here? get out of your basement and go talk to someone who actually knows
>>
>>32156591
>talk to someone who actually knows

Which is why I want to avoid idiots like you.
>>
>>32156621
yet here you are, replying like its your job since you obviously dont have one
>>
>>32156484
They'll teach you
>>
File: IMG_2734.jpg (85KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2734.jpg
85KB, 960x720px
>>32156519
Thanks anon
>>
>>32156484
It'll be you and the blacks over at the retard section. But yeah they'll teach you.
>>
>>32156638
And you clearly have better things to do.

Not gonna lie, you amuse me. But ok, this is my last reply. Clearly you don't know anything since you're not even a member of the armed forces. If you were you'd have at least some info. But you don't since you're just some assblasted clown. I just wanted to know if anyone had some info about the current shipping dates but you just had to go full autist.

Why would you even bother to reply about something you know nothing about? Why is this so important to you?

I will sleep well tonight knowing that you're a deeply unhappy and sad individual.
>>
>>32156687
;)
>>
>>32156687
Listen you moron, im not that other anon, youre an idiot if you just want to leave and dont care about job or branch. Thats a recipe for hating life. Either way, Navy Undes will have you shipping out in less than a month guranteed.

>>32156484
Learn before you go. Otherwise >>32156663, youll march to the pool everyday with a string of niggers in toe and struggle to learn something you shouldve learned how to do as a kid. Your parents failed you.
>>
>>32156644
Thank

>>32156663
I doubt basketball americans will be there. They do not living here.

>>32156720
>swimming
>in desert area
Haha good one anon. Eat the dick
>>
>>32156720
You're not that other nigger, just as useless. Thanks for the laffs.
>>
>>32156793
>>swimming
>>in desert area
>Haha good one anon. Eat the dick
So youre mad at me you grew up in the desert? Blame your poor shitskin parents not me.

>>32156799
Faggot i told you navy Undes, and im tellin you again youre gonna wanna kill yourself everyday if you take that job.
>>
File: 1466789795327.png (428KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
1466789795327.png
428KB, 558x744px
Joining the Navy as an MA next year, and I've been thinking about doing PRP. Anyone here can tell me about the pros and cons? I need an opinion other than my recruiters since they talk it up big time
>>
>>32156819
>Navy

I believe you. What kind of retard would be stupid enough to go Navy? I bet you did.
>>
>>32156793
You know there's only so many boot camps? Marines only have 2, and I don't know about Navy. You will have blacks in your training platoon.

Also I grew up in Arizona. There are pools everywhere. No excuse.
>>
So, I'm 24 and about to have my labrum repaired. Will that surgery DQ me from enlistment?
>>
>>32156819
>Faggot i told you navy Undes, and im tellin you again youre gonna wanna kill yourself everyday if you take that job.
shut up that's a good job. He should do it
>>32156833
he doesn't sound american
>>
>>32156838
Gain full range of motion, and have a doctor's note of the surgery, and your full recovery.
>>
>>32156830
Man im not even gonna waste my time arguing with some faggot who isnt allowed to join cause of how fat he is.

>>32156839
>hut up that's a good job. He should do it
Youre right. Go undes other guy, you deserve it.

>>32156829
>Joining the Navy as an MA next year
Mistake. You should get a new job, not memeing. Low advancement, no bonuses, boring as fuck job.
>>
>>32156889
So you admit that navy sucks
>>
>>32156949
Yep, being a fat civilian like you is much better. Stick to that.
>>
>>32156964
I prefer army. but enjoy your navy homosex.
>>
File: I'm going to kill your wife.gif (45KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
I'm going to kill your wife.gif
45KB, 499x499px
>Its a "pog E-7 shoves his shrieking dependent down everyone else's throat because he can't separate his shit personal life from his military life" episode
>>
>>32156889
>insults people for insulting people
>calls people fat
>lying on the internet
Quit trolling. You've lost.
So sick of cancer like you ruining these glorious threads
>>
>>32157062
Lying about what?
Lost what?
You tellin me the idiot blindly saying tell what job and branch will get me out of here the quickest doesnt deserve to be insulted?
>>
>>32157185
>continues insulting
Hows about you take 5 mins to cool down before you spout off again.
You aren't helping your cause here.
>>
>>32156438
But I want to fly jets
>>
>>32157185
Just stop already idiot
>>
>>32157185
Protip: Getting the last reply doesn't mean you win the "argument".
>>
Tell me about Captain's Mast

Do the officers get to slap the enlisted around?
Can you tear the enlisted ranks off of their uniform?

I heard they used to be able to whip the enlisted or get a chief petty officer to do the whipping.
>>
>>32157185
>getting this mad
wow kid go take your ritalin
>>
>>32157247
>>32157519
Did you really reply to me twice?
>>32157361
>>32157401
ok so please explain to me how im wrong. Use words and explain it.
>>
File: 1420757739586.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1420757739586.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>this thread
>>
>>32157635
>replying to hunter
now I know you are retarded
Go home idiot
>>
>>32157653
So i cant insult an actual idiot but ya can insult me? Gotcha.
>>
>>32157691
>he fell for the bait
leave kid
>>
Submarine sonar tech here, getting pinned this friday, passed my board this past Saturday. Up for answering questions about being a bubblehead.
>>
>>32157476
You can kick your enlisted right in the crotch during Captain's Mast. Its awesome. Try out all of your sick aikido techniques.
>>
>>32157476

Mast is not big deal.

Buttholes are torn open during DRB. Mast is just the Captain giving you ways to remember your bunghole being gaped by the chiefs in your DRB via shit like reduced pay/rank.
>>
>>32157707
So sorry, you must be a 4th level shit poster. Your parents must be proud.
>>
>>32157793
What's the general day-to-day life like? Would you consider sub life harder and/or worse than on the surface?
>>
>>32158015

As a non-qual: Work on quals for a few hours, eat, stand watch, eat, clean, work on quals, repeat. No sleep.

As qualified: Sleep, eat, stand watch, clean, eat, sleep.

It's "harder" in the sense that submariners have to do all kinds of jobs. I may be a sonar tech, but you'll still find me diving into bilges and being one of the first to respond to casualties. Most guys who are subs first and then go surface for whatever reason are fucking superstars on the surface, the operating tempo of submarines is much higher and much more is expected from you.

It just depends on the type of person you are. If you're somewhat smart and can handle stress well, submarining isn't very difficult. If you're a mouth breather who doesn't understand basic concepts like hygiene and get worked up when people tell you to do 50 things in the time it takes you to do 10, submarining is extremely difficult.
>>
>>32158081
Surface guy here. I agree with everything you said, how is the quality of life though. Ive heard subs have worse food showers racks and so on.
Btw what class you on and where you homeported at, just curious if ive ever been there.
>>
I gotta go back to meps for the sixth time this week for the doc to a physical test on me (Pectus excavatum) I already did the duck walk and shit like that, but anyone know how they test this? Do I have to prepare myself for a two mile treadmill run or what?
>>
>>32158241

Food just depends on the cooks, I rode the Ohio not long ago and the food was excellent. Seawolf class right now, out of Washington. Our cooks are young but dedicated, so the quality of the food should get better over time.

Submarine showers are cancer. You never feel clean when a shower is 5 seconds of water to get wet, lathing up, then 5 seconds of water to wash the soap off.
>>
>>32158279
Never gonna make it.
>>
>>32158371
Different anon. But subs kind of fascinate me.

I know sometimes naval surface ships have wifi. That's not possible on a sub is it?
>>
>>32158382
whaddya mean, man?
>>
>>32158406

Nope. But dudes take terabytes upon terabytes of stuff underway with them. It's almost as if motherfuckers download the entirety of the internet before going out to see. Literally any movie you want to watch, any porno you want to jack it to (even if you like crazy shit), and any youtube video from any slightly popular uploader, can be found on someone's external hard drive somewhere.

The most we get as far as outside world communication is email when we come to PD for extended periods of time. GNs get email all the time, BNs only go out for a few months at a time, and fast attacks don't get shit.
>>
I want to enlist in SF but I'm afraid I'll be declared unfit because I have flat feet. Aside from that I'm in good health.
I haven't yet gotten an appointment with a physician but should I forget about SOF altogether? My feet are flat enough that they cause my leg to slightly deviate when I walk
>>
>>32158519
Can't hurt to fuckin' try. Honestly, if you were cut out for SF, not going for it wouldn't even be an option. They do check for flat feet, but I've seen some flat as shit feet motherfuckers get through by slightly curling their foot. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

I have a fucked rotator cuff and my shoulder clicks like mad when I swing my arms around. Didn't stop me from getting in, I pretended to have a cough to hide the sound of my shoulder.
>>
If I am denied medically for Adhd from airforce can I join army
>>
>>32158560
Cheating? Fuck I didn't even think about that.
Isn't there a reason why they don't allow people with flat feet in paratrooper units, though?
Also, do you have any tips to ace the psychological evaluation?
>>
If you had to make a choice between the armed service and going to college, which would you choose? I;m a bit conflicted right now. On the one hand, I'm in the 91st percentile for my ASVAB and 68W sounds very appealing to me, plus GI Bill when you ETS. On the other hand, I can get into some pretty good state schools, and my family would approve more if I went to college first. If I choose the Army, I'd plan on doing 3-4 years then going to college, just to clarify.

What should I choose?
>>
>>32158575
Were you denied on the record at MEPS? In that case you're kinda fucked for all branches.
>>
>>32158579

Because flat feet + rucking/doing high impact shit in boots = severe pain.

I met some SEAL dudes while they doing diver requalification on my boat, one of them had real bad flat feet and said he was in severe pain during pretty much all of the jumping out of stuff parts. But he wanted it so he fought through that shit.
>>
>>32158588

GI bill is offered from all branches dudebro. Air Force and Navy have more tech rates.
>>
Is it possible to get through basic with minor degenerative disk disease
>>
>>32158607
Right. Well I'll try it out then, hopefully they won't notice. Thanks
>>
>>32158622
I know that, I was just using army generically. I'm interested in being a 68W or Hospital Corpsman, so I'd probably do Army or Navy.
>>
>>32158600
Well I was waived for the army but denied at meps for the air force >>32158600
>>
>>32158622
He said he wanted to be in medical though, why would you tell him to go tech?

>>32158588
I guess the question is if you want to be combat medic or not? Because if you don't want to be high speed then you might as well go straight to med school unless you really need the GI bill because all you'll do is hand out pills for 4 years.
>>
>>32158661
I'm a poorfag, but a poorfag with good grades. Idk what my financial aid package will be like yet, hoping I don't get screwed. I mostly just want to help people and not get a desk job, and like I said ASVAB scores are a non-issue so any MOS is open to me.

How long does the recruitment process usually take? Because I could always see what my aid packages will look like and go from there.
>>
>>32158692
Are you still in high school? Because if you are then you should look can sign up early and be put on DEP for when you graduate to make sure you get the contract you want and ship out as fast as possible.
>>
>>32158726
I'm a senior and I'm 18 years old.
>>
>>32158661

O sorry I don't know MOSes or whatever SKIPs call them.
>>
>>32158622

>Air Force and Navy have more tech rates.

You got meme'd. The Army has more tech roles than either, as well as more total personnel in tech roles than either.
>>
Is the VA as bad as I've heard? What bs will I need to deal with to get my benefits after I ETS?
>>
>>32158847
>Is the VA as bad as I've heard?
Nah
It's probably worse
>>
Can I get through basic with degenerative disk in the army
>>
File: 1480306089722.jpg (692KB, 1200x1586px) Image search: [Google]
1480306089722.jpg
692KB, 1200x1586px
>>32158371
Interesting, hows washington?
Ive heard its pretty boring up there. I was in SD my self.
>>32158452
>But dudes take terabytes upon terabytes of stuff underway with them. It's almost as if motherfuckers download the entirety of the internet before going out to see.
Yes. 100% true on surface side as well. Our ADO set up his external over the wifi network and you could download his porn collection off it if you wanted.
>>
>>32158847
Oh yeah, it's shit.

If you get injured, make sure it's documented in a medical folder. It proves it's service related, which means they gotta pay. Otherwise they literally have a team of people who will try to Jew you hard.

I mean it's OK, but shit. All the older vets I know who got decent jobs with health benefits prefer to pay a premium just to avoid it. I don't have that option yet because finishing degree, but I plan on that too.
>>
Does the TS clearance background check include them checking stuff like my internet history? Because if they do that, I'm fucked
>>
>>32158895
>Not using incognitio for your freaky shit
>>
>>32158907
Doesn't matter if they check up on your ISP.
>>
>>32158895

There's pretty much nothing in your internet history that can actually get you disqualified for a clearance, short of actually sending money to ISIS or something. Porn is 100 % irrelevant for a clearance, including the illegal shit (again, unless you're sending money).
>>
>>32158929
So aside from actually doing illegal things, what can get me disqualified for a clearance?
>>
>>32158895
>>32158907
>>32158912
At this point i cant tell if this is bait or not
>>
>>32158936
Financial debt to past 5k is no go
Foreign contacts
>>
>>32158936

Massive debt, strong foreign ties (IE, your dad is a Pakistani colonel), and lying are the big ones for disqualifiers. Even illegal shit is mitigated by time. Drugs/health history are mostly a nonissue unless it was really recent or means you're completely incapable of handling sensitive information (IE, batshit crazy right now).
>>
>>32158945

It's not a straight dollar cap like $5k. They evaluate the kind of debt and whether you're in good standing. If you have $100,000 in student loans, a $400,000 mortgage, and a car loan...but you're completely capable of paying on all of them and keeping the bills current, that isn't a concern.

They're looking for people with reasons to sell sensitive information, like lots of overdue credit card debt or a gambling problem.
>>
>>32158970
This. I have over 30k in student loans and I still got into the Navy.
>>
>>32158970

This. TS clearance and I have 70k+ of outstanding student loans. However, I've always been on time with payments and all that jazz, no issues.

The general rule with clearances is, if it isn't documented on paper, it never happened.
>>
>>32159003

>The general rule with clearances is, if it isn't documented on paper, it never happened.

Unless one of your contacts or your contacts contacts knows about it...or if you ever have to take a polygraph.
>>
>>32159003
Everyone who has a TS and who knows people with TS says this
>>32159015
Everyone whose a scared sheep civilian who has no idea what theyre talking about says this.
>>
>>32159015

Put people you trust and just be consistent on the poly. Poly doesn't know if you're lying, it knows when you're worried about lying. If you understand that a poly can't see shit, you can relax and lie your fucking face off.

But polys don't typically go too in depth into your past. They just want to know if you'll sell secrets and shit, not if you did drugs or look at CP.
>>
>>32159078

Have a TS, taken several levels of polygraph. The government knows every inch of my past and has seen the deepest parts of my butthole.

It's freeing in a way, not having to live a lie or worry that they might find out about something mundane I decided to leave off.
>>
File: thoughtful pepe.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
thoughtful pepe.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
Which branch says being fat is okay?

Which branch says "Its okay to not be able to do your job" while letting you be a fat fuck at the same time?
>>
>>32149694
What branch do I go in if I want to get shot at?
>>
>>32159087
He's right.

They'll ask a question like, are you currently using drugs?

Not, is it true you and your buddy Timmy actually smoked a joint when you were 15?
>>
If I have a really effeminate voice, a total lack of a chin, and pear shaped body what branch should I go in.

I'll have you know I flunked out of a third rate college and the only job I held was an IT job where I stood around and talked about videogames all day.
>>
>>32159112
Marines
>>32159130
Air force

t. Prior Marine Infantry
>>
>>32159102
Any of them after you hit e-6
>>
Should I be practicing for the ASVAB? My recruiter seems in a rush to get me shipped to boot camp, but insists that since I got a 90 on the practice ASVAB I need not study. Should I be?
>>
>>32159345
If you want to. A 90 should land about anything you want.

Just don't get your head up your ass, it's a high school equivalency test.
>>
>>32159345
What MOS do you want? If you are trying for one that needs a really high score you could practice. If not then fuck it and just go for it.
>>
>read a lot so I'm very smart
>would be a huge asset to any military squad because of my knowledge of strategy and tactics
>read The Art of War
>Raided heroic in WoW so I understand teamwork and leadership
>studied military history and culture to the point that I know the phonetic alphabet by heart and can instantly read military time

I want to join the marines, but I don't really need boot camp. I don't need to be taught how to be a soldier because I've been preparing to be one ever since I was little. Who do I need to talk to for a boot camp waiver because of my Spartan life style?
>>
>>32159608
>someone actually took the time to type this out thinking it was funny
>>
>>32159608
>Who do I need to talk to for a boot camp waiver

My foot. it will ll be up your ass. We had an 11b going Marines. Had to do bootcamp and SOI. EGA's are earned. And Infantry isn't considered the same, they still go to ITB. He was cocky which he caught shit for. He did know his stuff tho.

No waiver for Army either. Sorry Airsoft.

I think I just ate bait because something smells fishy.
>>
>>32159608
Fucking retard, I bet you voted Trump too
>>
>>32159608
>>32159777
>>32159845
I smell samefag trying to make his joke funny
>>
File: low quality b8.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low quality b8.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>32159845
Ya fell for it there, bud
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-29-19-59-24.png (283KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-29-19-59-24.png
283KB, 1080x1920px
>>32160068
Do you?
>>
>>32149694
They don't tell you the results of your psychometric test right? WIll it go on my record if I score 100% though?
>>
>>32160085
Fell for what? His stupidass made up story that was supposed to be funny? Are you a retarded trump supporter too?
>>
>Chilling on town around base
>Fire up tinder
>Swipe a bit
>Check it later
>New match
>Some hot little firecrotch with a nice toned body
>Conversation gets fucking steamy
>We chat a little, plan to meet up this weekend
>Go down to the shop today at work
>Everyone's griping
>We got a new 2LT
>Get called in
>"Sargent Anon, this is 2LT Firecrotch, our new boss"

The awkward was palpable. Tinder has a new notification but I ain't opening shit.
>>
>>32159777
>11b
>no waiver for armyeither
wut? i know muhreens are retarded but what?
>>
>>32160279
>things that never happened for 500 alex
>>
>>32160279
Didn't happen but if it did then fuck her anyway
>>
>>32160283
We are the only branch that doesn't except other branches "basic training".

You want an EGA? Do your 13 weeks and climb Mt. Motherfucker. Was an 11b? Cool bro, welcome to ITB.

>But I was a Nasty Girl 11b! Cool story bro, see you after training.
>>
>>32159015
>another one fell for the poly meme

You do know it's not some otherworld sorcery right? It's a peice of junk that hasn't changed since it's invention in the 20's with the guy who made it even saying that it's total bullshit
>>
>>32159345
Using the practice test as a metric, if it's 75 or lower that you need, you shouldn't need to study. The higher up past that the more you should study just to be sure

It's not hard, but you might not remember all the shit you learned in high school
>>
>>32159608
Cool
>>
So I'm pretty surprised even graduating college as an officer with the rank of 2nd Lt is still pretty poorfag with a yearly salary of ~$35,000 is very low for a college graduate.
Graduating college with my IT Degree, I can expect at least $45k, which is the lower quartile, while the average salary is high $50k low $60k. Getting to Major, which makes rougly ~$54k a year (still lower than average salary for IT) is a rank of O-4.
My question is:
>why is the pay so low
>how long does it take to get to O-4 from 2nd Lt
>Is there a way to graduate college with the rank of O-4
>Are these reported salaries 100% accurate? Or will some military members earn more than others of the same rank?

I really want to serve, but I want to be financially safe as well.
>>
>>32160666
Nigger youll be safe. You gotta realize all the benefits that come with it. Free healthcare, housing allowance, and other additional small pays and getting to O-3 usually takes 4 years and to O-4 is usually 3ish more.
>>
>>32160586

Not at all relevant. They aren't trying to build a court case with it, but they can absolutely fuck you over with it. It doesn't need to be scientific or hold up under scrutiny.
>>
>>32160666

That's just from base pay my dude. You get 35k in taxable income, but an extra amount in BAH and BAS, plus other special pays, which isn't taxable income. When you factor in all the free food and shit, the military basically pays for everything. That's 35k a year in disposable income.
>>
>>32160666

Right off the bat, you're looking at another $1500-$4000/mo in untaxed allowances.

Even O-1s make about $50k equivalent starting (70k+ in some areas), and also get a bunch of benefits like no-cost healthcare. Your pay also scales up very quickly, by 4~ years into the military you will be handily making a six-figure civilian equivalent in most places.

There's few professions that actually pay better than being a military officer (some engineering jobs, high-end finance, etc).
>>
>>32160807

This. Most people graduating college get a job with shittier compensation than what officers get. Even moreso if the military ensures you don't have any student loans to deal with.
>>
>>32160666
>leaves out all dat special pay
>leaves out bah
>leaves out COLA
>leaves out language pay
>leaves out ultra-low interest housing loan for up to 175k nothing down
>leaves out special guaranteed investment vehicles available on deployment
>leaves out re-up bonuses
>leaves out that if you're stationed in a poor country your dollar goes far
>leaves out that if you're staying in a rich country BAH and COLA adjust to that and the base exchange is cheap as fuck and carries the essential goods
>left out that most special pay is untaxed and all pay is untaxed while deployed

It's like googling base salaries doesn't tell the full story of what military jobs actually pay.
>>
>>32160728
>>32160778
>>32160807
>>32160843
Thanks guys, that certainly puts things into perspective.
Specifically
>>32160843
Can you explain what all of these things I'm leaving out are?
And if I do OCC, and graduate college with 2nd Lt guaranteed, do I skip out on the enlistment bonus that people who just enlist get?
>>
>>32160843

You forgot being able to retire at 42~ if you play your cards right.

Playing the officer retirement game is a shitshow, but it's a pretty sweet deal so I can understand why some of them fight so hard for it.

Enlisted retirement will get you a simple life in a small home and going fishing every day without ever having to work again. Officer retirement is basically a comfortable middle-class income just passively going into your bank account a good 25 years before your peers. If you actually pick up a decent career with officer retirement on the side? That's how you end up leaving your kids millions when you die.
>>
Is there some kind of c25k program for calisthenics? I really need a routine but I'm struggling to find one that isn't in a trendy lifehack infographic. What do you guys do?
>>
>>32160928
>You forgot being able to retire at 42~ if you play your cards right.
Explain?
>>
>>32161064

You become eligible for military retirement after 20 years of active service. If you join as an officer at 22~ (right out of college), you're eligible for retirement at 42~. That's healthcare for life, and 50 % of your base pay (more if you serve more time).

That's about >$50k/yr for the rest of your life for doing absolutely nothing. A lot more if you stack disability onto that (most dudes are fucked up in some way after 20 years).
>>
>>32161149

To add: That might not seem like a lot right now, but consider that if you're a young person right now, most of your peers will probably be retiring in their 70s. The military might cost 20 years of your youth, but you can get 30 years back to play with compared to your college classmates.
>>
File: americans.png (396KB, 802x536px) Image search: [Google]
americans.png
396KB, 802x536px
>>32156484
>if you joining the water forces
>water forces
>should you know how to swimming first
>swimming first
>Thank

do your country a favour and kys
>>
File: 1470685710780.jpg (2MB, 4268x3100px) Image search: [Google]
1470685710780.jpg
2MB, 4268x3100px
>>32161005
>>
>>32161363
You'll have to swim with dumb black guys like this. See why you should learn?
>>
Are we ever going to stop being called the chair force when statisticly crayonstuffers are fatter than us?
>>
>>32159421
Right now I'm thinking infantry. My recruiter offered me a recon contract, but as I learned by attending a free little special ops training course run by an ex navy seal, im too much of a pussy for anything special forces as it stands right now.
>>
>>32160618
Currently in high school actually, and he wants me to take the ASVAB in the coming weeks, on the same day as MEPS. Guessing he's in a rush to meet a quota or something.

>inb4 underage b&
I'm 18
>>
>>32161984
Why would you voluntarily go in infantry. Jesus christ. If you really want the authentic "3D military tough guy" expieriance join the marin crops they're always looking for stupid fucks
>>
>dlifag
Will going airborne for SF support or rangers straight out of IET preclude me from ever getting a strat assignment?
I'm concerned that they'd only give me airborne shit for the entire length of my contract, and I'd like to go to Meade eventually.
>>
>>32161754
Why are you replying to me...? I was laughing at his retarded post
>>
>>32162226
Fort meade?
>>
>>32162292
Yes.
>>
>>32162226

If you're like the vast majority of linguists, you're not doing a career anyways. If you're only doing <8 years and you go Airborne then, yeah, all of your assignments (all 2 of them you'll get), will probably be tactical.
>>
>>32162299
I was stationed there for a little while. Air Force photographer. Nice place. Someone got shot by NSA when I was there. Didnt dare point my camera in the direaction of their side of the base
>>
>>32154224
Hard
>>
I've been thinking of joining the Navy and I was wanting to be a welder and work on the ships. I heard the Navy has been turned to shit from SJW garbage though. Would the Coast Guard be a better idea?
>>
>>32162560
Political correctness has pervaded all branches. You will experiance this.
>>
>>32162584
Not as much with trump

Marines of all people are the most cucked
>>
>>32162560
Navy here, it's a great life and a lot of fun but never choose PAC anything or nuke.

Boot camp is about 20x as strict as regular navy
>>
>>32154224
Hard as fuck
>>
>>32149799
>How do I go about becoming an operator?

Apply at your local call center.
>>
>>32152362
M8....
>>
>>32162652
I wasn't wanting to go nuke and I'm not sure what PAC is. I was wanting more of a normal type welding career with the military, but I've never known anyone that's done that specifically so I couldn't really ask.
>>
>>32162641
This board seems yo really hate marines
its nice as im in the air force not to be shit on for once
>>
>>32162690
If it exists the navy has a job for it.

I never thought I'd get paid to get my dick sucked and speak Farsi but here we are.
>>
>>32162707
I don't hate them I'm sad because they used to be badass.
>>
>>32162708
I'll call a recruiter tomorrow. Anything I can say/avoid saying so I don't seem like an autistic faggot?
>>
>>32162760
Don't use military lingo don't bring up call of duty cut them off if they even say nuke to you

You'll be fine.
Great Lakes is a pain in the ass for the first 3 weeks
>>
>>32160279
>guise I'm totally in the military
>can't spell sergeant
>>
>>32162760
navy is a weird branch. Might be some differences. Just call him sir and do what you are told. Be careful what you say. im not saying lie about your past but... Just be humble.
>>
>>32162786
I don't know any military lingo really and I'm not a fan of CoD so I should be fine there. Does it cost to take the ASVAP? I dropped out of high school for Job Corps and never took it
>>
>>32158895
>Does the TS clearance background check include them checking stuff like my internet history?

Lol wut.

Do you think they are going to come to your house and check your browser history?

What the actual fuck.
>>
>>32162226
Airborne will fuck you forever
>>
>>32159095
So you've taken a lifestyle poly?

>Foreign contacts

Just like debt, this isn't cut and dry.

If you're uncle is a foreign politician or military officer, probably.

If you talk to someone on Memebook or networked with foreign private citizens, not necessarily.
>>
>>32162806
Ignore this guy you'll be talking to a chief or a first class
>>
>>32162760
Don't admit any illegal activities in your past don't admit health problems and dont fucking go nuke
>>
>>32162760
Don't worry, the Navy recruits autistic faggots all the time.
>>
>>32162900
>t. neerooye sandelhi
>>
>>32162900
ٔٔنیروی سندلی
>>
>>32162923
Idk why I put a fucking sky ghein up there
>>
File: Nature_Doc_Seals.jpg (41KB, 450x276px) Image search: [Google]
Nature_Doc_Seals.jpg
41KB, 450x276px
Why did the Navy kill Bin Laden? I understand SEAL Team 6 is elite, but wouldn't an SOF unit from Army be more appropriate for clearing a building in the middle of Pakistan?

Didn't know where else to ask this.

Thanks
>>
>>32162899
Any clue how long it could take me to get in?
>>
>>32162955
The SEALs are the best special forces unit in the world. Army sucks frankly. Also operation Neptune Spear sounds fucking amazing.
>>
>>32162955
SEALs are the most adaptable force and are trusted with the most difficult missions.
>>
>>32162910
Sorry, I don't speak Farsi, I speak useful Farsi (Arabic)
>>
>>32162989
>a country with nuclear power is less fun to spy on than a welfare migration
>>
>>32163000
>a language with fuck all people who speak it vs. a language with half a billion speakers
>>
>>32163027
>fuck all people
>60% Arabic
>niche but incredibly useful

I bet you drink tea with your daily helping of cock.
>>
>>32162971
>>32162985

Right, but it's not like Bin Laden was gonna take the firefight to his backyard pool or neighbourhood Wadi..

So even though the SEALs spend a ton of time training in the water, they're still better suited for this type of op than, for example, Delta Force?

In that case, why does the US have so many SOF units across the board if they're just gonna use the best one (SEALs) no matter what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_special_operations_forces
>>
>>32163035
Yes, on my one month vacation in Morocco I had plenty of both.
>>
>>32163049
SEAL stands for SEa Air and Land

They conduct operations on every feasible battlefield.

When we don't know what we're getting into we send the SEALs because they're the most resourceful human beings on earth.

>>32163069
I'll bet.
>>
File: operator.jpg (97KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
operator.jpg
97KB, 800x552px
>>32162971
>>32162985
>>32163049

Like on what special ops mission is leadership thinking: "well, this mission is only kind of important..not a huge deal if it doesn't go perfectly...let's just send in our 17th best special ops team"
>>
>>32163104
I'm not at liberty to divulge that information.
>>
>>32162281
>his retarded post
Sounds like he doesn't speak English natively you dense motherfucker
>>
>>32163113
:^) I'll be happy to answer non SPECWAR or intel questions
>>
File: YourLifeIsWorthless.gif (1MB, 290x260px) Image search: [Google]
YourLifeIsWorthless.gif
1MB, 290x260px
>>32163121
>calling me a dense motherfucker
>being in the military
>>
>>32163151
>poking fun at people in the military
Then why are you here? Are you a chair force drop out or something?
>>
>>32163184
no he just said something mean so i had to say something meaner.
i respect those who serve
>>
>>32163252
You can respect them or not bro I just was fucking with you back if you were. You got freedom of speech so do whatever man. Thank you for your support though.
>>
File: 20161130_023818.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161130_023818.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>
scored in the 99th percentile on my advancement exam. AMA
>>
If I have a food allergy, will that keep me out of joining the Reserves? NZfag here.

The NZDF website says food allergies are "limiting factors" on recruitment.
>>
anyone here 25s or know one? what life like for 25s?
>>
britfag here, family history of service father did 22 years. Is it still possible to serve that long in the BA without any problems? Asking cause I see a lot of shit about replacing regulars with the TA
>>
Will my EMT basic certification do anything for me if I enlist? Or are they just going to put me through schooling again if I want to do that in the military?
>>
>>32162707
They just try to troll us. Usually not even we reply. Civilians do on our behalf.

Don't worry Air Force, I still think you're gay. I'll be here to poke fun at you.
>>
>>32164974
Your EMT-B cert gets you through the first half of 68W/corpsman training without having to do it again but you still have to do the 2nd half of job related training.
>>
>>32165002

Still not as gay as the corps tho
>>
>>32165055
I'm a faggot first class. (I'm actually straight and married).

I will out run you, out shoot you, hike harder, and be more willing to die.

Your BF wants my body. But I won't be an Air Force Jody. I prefer women.
>>
>>32165002
Maybe if marines weren't such raging faggots this wouldn't be needed
Everything is MARINE THIS or MARINE THAT
It pisses people off
>>
>>32160776
It's a scare tactic numbnuts. The point is they know it doesn't work, but you don't, and they will try to get you to confess to shit, or get nervous enough about lying that it actually gives a geniune positive reading
>>
>>32165080
>I am a falming fag
Wow you sure should him kid
>>
>>32165081
Not even. We barely do anything except respond.

Example given, this post.
>>
>>32165088
This isn't /b/. Spell check your shit.

Also better bait if you want me to bite hunter.
>>
>>32150173
MRE symptoms? No.
>>
>>32158432
Most people say if you have to go more than 3 times, you're worthless
>>
Active U.S. Navy Crypto/Spook/Secret Squirrel ask me whatever.
>>
>>32165389
>>32165389
>>
I your personal experience, do you guys think it's better to enlist after getting a degree in college or going right in after high school?
>>
>>32164212
Depends what you're allergic to.

You could always "lie" or just say you have none.
>>
>>32165396
Do you want to be officer, or enlisted? If you go officer, I recommend going to a regular university or college. I went through my country's military school and it was fucking shitty, and I know American ones are way more restricting. It's almost like being on course for 4 years of your life. Better to go to a civy school and actually have a life, you still get paid. The advantages of milschool are negligible imo.

If you go enlisted, you'll be treated like a child and you may often be passed over for carreer courses, but I think you guys have the GI bill still, so a 4-5 years for free school is a decent deal if thats want you want.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.