[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 45

File: Barkhad-Abdi-Captain-Phillips.jpg (112KB, 1436x802px) Image search: [Google]
Barkhad-Abdi-Captain-Phillips.jpg
112KB, 1436x802px
Military Enlistment General /MEG/
Navy edition

Previous thread
http://boards.4chan.org/k/thread/31952919a

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857
>>
What does /k/ think about the 02xx MOS, 0211 specifically, but i'd obviously hafto go in as basic intel first
>>
>>32087529
>if I enlist do I have to be a grunt
>>
>>32087583
What are you even talking about?
>>
File: 1479610207232.jpg (311KB, 1330x1863px) Image search: [Google]
1479610207232.jpg
311KB, 1330x1863px
>>32087286
>Yeah, I heard people get stuck in hospitals
Thats not even why. Its cause shore duty is easy. Its supposed to be a reward after being at SEA or FMF. If you go there first you are going to be spoiled and not learn what being a junior sailor is all about. Cause you are going to be on a ship eventually and theres nothing worse than when someone shows up and acts in charge but has no idea what they are talking about cause its their first time on a ship even though theyve been in for 8+ years. No one will have any respect for you and youll be lost.

>>32087564
Marines are a mistake. No reasons to ever join the marines.
>>
Got a 78 on my practice asvab today and nice recruiter man is gonna take me to meps next week to do physicals and take the real test
A small amount of weed isn't gonna show up in my pee 20+ days right? I cut that shit out and work out every other day and drink plenty of water
>>
>>32087595
This is not what I asked, I asked what /k/ thought about 02xx. Not trying to be a dick, I appreciate your opinion but I did not ask for it as far as what branch you preferred.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 604x438px
If I can be an officer in the army should I go for it, or should I enlist for a mos that teaches me a specific skill I know I will want?
>>
What would be the average pay of an e-6 after 20 years?
>>
>>32087612
Im trying to educate a young idiot. Its not about a blind preference its about facts. Anything you want in the marines you can find a better version of in the other branches.

>>32087599
Nah youll be fine

>>32087618
>should I enlist for a mos that teaches me a specific skill I know I will want?
What mos? If you want it than just enlist.
>>
>>32087682

E-6 base pay caps out at 3772/mo after 18 years. It's a pretty low rank to have for 20 years. That's about 45k/yr in base pay. In addition to that you could expect roughly 20-25k in untaxed incentives on top of that. Add in the expected value of healthcare and you're looking at about the equivalent of making 70-75k~ as a civilian.

Could be a bit more or less depending on location, special pays, and other benefits you might be using.

Of course your pension is only calculated from base pay.
>>
>>32087713
>implying im young
Aren't you just a high horse motherfucker? Why don't you eat shit and fuck off with those hot opinions? Or just throw some more out there with no explanation at all other than shitting on an entire branch that pulls a fuck ton of leg work in every conflict we've had to date.
>>
>>32087713
>What mos? If you want it than just enlist.
I wanted 35p, since they teach you a language for free and I'm destined to be a massive pog.
>>
>>32087742
Joining the Air Force, and I heard that e-7 is nigh impossible to get after only 20 years time in service
>>
>>32087595
Lol. Kids will believe this child. That is sad.
>>
>>32087771

It's definitely harder than in the other branches, but it is attainable if you're going for a 20 year career. In fact, it should be a major goal of yours. That's a pretty significant pay bump for the rest of your life.

For comparison, it is pretty common to see someone get E-6 in the Army/Navy during their first contract, and get out as an E-6 without ever reenlisting.
>>
>>32087756
>we've had to date
>Its we already.GoT
Look if youre old thats even more idiotic on your part. Listen you dummy, the marines have a worse quality of life and advancement than all the other branches. They treat eachother like shit and take pride in it hurr durr life sucks so we must be tough. What do you want to do job wise? Cause theres a better version of it in every other branch i grantee it.

>>32087759
Well at the end of the day its your life man. Most people who go enlisted over office do so cause they have a passion for a particular field and want to stay in it. Do you feel that way about 35p?

>>32087835
>Lol. Kids will believe this child. That is sad.
What did i say tahts wrong? The marines thing or ship thing? Cause im right about both, since its your first time here you just dont realize it.
>>
>>32087871
You actually sound autistic. Butthurt army fag detected. Insulting other peoples intelligence and you can't even string along a coherent sentence.

It's time to stop posting friend.
>>
>>32087871
He literally said in the post you replied to that he was looking at 0211/02xx, you sound like a fucking moron.
>>
>>32087871
If you talked about being a homosexual I would believe everything you said.
>>
>>32087871
>Do you feel that way about 35p?
Not absolutely sure yet; I'm still mulling this shit over, but I'm convinced that I would enjoy an intelligence job the most. I'm personable and enjoy being an authority on whatever task I'm assigned to.
>>
>>32087920
>>32087937
>>32087946
Same fagging this hard?
Youre right i forgot. Either way you arent even in yet so stop taking pride like youve been in for 20. Either way fine, fuck you. Ignore me and just go be a marine. When youre stuck at e-5 struggling to advance hating life ill be an E-7. Dont forget to buy a bunch of stickers and slap em on your truck so everyone knows that cleetus became a jarhead.
>>
Guys, my hip hurts
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-22-22-06-31.png (393KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-22-22-06-31.png
393KB, 1080x1920px
>>32088001
Yep, it's all me.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 600x677px
>>32088017
Still? Lay down for awhile.
>>
>>32088029
I cant. I'm on vacation in LA
>>
>>32088001
>not seeing the posters go up twice
I guess you really are a retarded faggot, those are two other people that legitimately think you're a fucking retard that has no idea what you're talking about. And i'd be willing to bet they aswell as I am right. You're right, I am going to ignore you, and I'd implore any other people here with questions to do the same because taking advice from a mouthbreathing fuck like you would just be detrimental to their success in the military.

Fuck off.
>>
>>32087920
>>32087937
>>32087946
>>32088019
>>32088050
Read this.
https://www.thebalance.com/things-to-consider-before-joining-the-marine-corps-3354335
Look man do some research if you dont believe me. The marines are shitty and they take pride in it being shitty cause they think it makes them tough. You still want to do it, fine, have fun.

>>32088050
>just be detrimental to their success in the military
But the thing is, unlike you ive already served and succeed. Unlike you, i made E-5 in 3 years which is literally impossible in the marines. I made way more money then you will and had a better time doing it. Now my Gi Bill is treating me right. Again read above, if you want to eat shit and take pride in it fine. Enjoy your shit sandwich dumbass. Your butthurt cause your old and have failed in civilian life now the marines are your last bet.
>>
Looking to do NUPOC subs

1.) What are the odds I can get onto an SSGN/SSBN? Sounds like SSBN is something no one wants to do, but I'd imagine SSGN is competitive since it seems like the best of both worlds
2.) They're portraying it like at the 5 yr mark you still want to do sub officer that you pretty much would've had to have murdered somebody to not get a contract with a hefty resigning bonus. How accurate is that?
>>
>>32088089
Why would I take your advice about Marines when I'm a former Marine?

Once again, you got BTFO. Just go.
>>
>>32088095
at the 5 yr mark if* you still want to do sub officer
>>
>>32088095
There's 2 SSGNs so you can imagine the odds of getting the opportunity to get on one of those.
A lot of people like the stability an SSBN offers with its schedule compared to the fast attacks.

There's a 20% retention rate or so after 1 enlistment for sub officers, you're getting that 30k/year as blood money to stay.
>>
File: eaZrosc.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
eaZrosc.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
>>32088104
>a former Marine.

I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>32088089
>Implying I havent successfully managed a hedge fund for 7 years now and have a net worth into 7 figures.

Again, making assumptions and you are still a retarded motherfucker who knows nothing other than hurr durr muh army that fucking caters to my every whim while my fatass lives off the government. Seriously, you're whats wrong with the military, you think because a branch isn't petting your fragile pussy it's shit. Yeah, it might be difficult to advance in the marines, all of which I did not fucking ask you. If I were joining for money, then i'd be a fucking retard, like you. I'm joining for the experience, and because of family heritage. So go ahead and eat that shit sandwich yourself you cock sucking piece of shit. Enjoy your pog retarded mouthbreathing cumdumpster catering pussified branch. Get the fuck out of this thread you little faggot.
>>
>>32088131
Yeah that's what I've heard, they said it's $35k/yr nowadays

That's partly why I'd prefer SSBNs, plus the mission seems kind of cool to me since you really are one of the bigger contributors to national defense. I'll probably have a jaded view of that once I'm doing it. Thanks
>>
>>32088146
I feel that for you also. Especially since you post memes. Only proves you are pathetic.

I have hopes for you.
>>
>>32088154
What do you personally want out of joining the Marines?
>>
>>32088174
They raised it? jesus christ. Why would you want to be a nuke anyway
>>
>>32088154
>I'm joining for the experience, and because of family heritage.

How long has your family been in the janitorial business for?
>>
>>32088176
Man, just stop responding to this mouthbreathing faggot. His 'superior' branch literally caters to faggots and feminazi women that each want to suck cocks to get to the rank they want. And then there's him, if he is not said cock sucking faggot, a fucking pog that has done jack shit but barely meet fitness quals (which in the army are a fucking joke) and live off of uncle sam with (hurr durr my E-7 money).

Which is still shit btw, if you think that you're making good money.
>>
>>32088186
Sort of a family tradition, my dad was a sub officer and grandpa was on subs back in WW2
>>
>>32088104
Then you should realize what im saying is true.

>>32088154
Ive never seen that many buzzwords in one sentence. You mad?
First off youre assuming things about me. First off i used to be a plastic surgeon. I decided to join the navy. Loved it. Second off theres a difference between something being difficult cause it needs to be versus making it difficult just to screw someone over. The marines are the latter. Third, stop lecturing about whats wrong with the military cause you arent even in yet. Youre still a civilian, stop pretending. Fourth how about you act like an adult and stop caring about some stupid heritage. Just cause your dad was an idiot and your grand dad was an idiot doesnt mean you have to be. Look life must be tough being as gay as you are but it can get better. Just keep your head up sport.
>>
>>32088204
that sucks on butt dude, you can always make new traditions. Now your son is gonna have to do that shit too
>>
>>32088216
You just have a river of diahhrea flowing out of your mouth dont you?
>Not understanding pride/heritage
Yeah, I bet, that sounds like the kind of faggot piece of shit you are. You likely have little more meaning in your life than the shit I just dropped in the toilet while typing this. Kill yourself, seriously.
>>
>>32088216
lol gayboi cocksucker from the navy detected
hows it goin sailor
>>
>>32088230
yeah well we'll see, maybe I'll somehow like it

I got to tour a Los Angeles class for my VIP tour and I'm praying that I don't have to go on one of those
>>
>>32088202
Roger that bro. I will listen to your reason. Kid just irked me was all.
>>
>>32088258
>gets mad at my for saying memes about marines
>says memes about navy
Yep youre dumb alright.

>>32088242
Nice cherry picking. Again, you arent even a marine yet, youre just a stupid civilian pretending like you know more than i do. Look man youre obviously dumb and stubborn so this is a waste of time. Ignore my advice and strive to follow a dumb heritage that means literally nothing. Wouldnt your father want a better life for you rather than having you make the same stupid mistake he made? Either way im done wasting my time with you. Good luck managing those hedge funds.

>>32088294
Dumb kids like you irk me as well
>>
>>32088265
I toured a Los Angeles, it was so awful. I can't imagine how much better the SSBNs or the new Virginias would be
>>
>>32088333
I will thanks bud, enjoyed all of the opinions. But seriously you should look into making a exit bag or something for yourself, you really do seem like a worthless human being.
>>
>>32088333
Irked is my own words. Take it, it's yours. I'll live forever in memes.
>>
>>32088029
>>32088049
Nothing a brisk walk down Santa Monica pier couldn't fix
>>
File: 1478678701045.png (410KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1478678701045.png
410KB, 540x540px
>>32088381
So im worthless cause i did my 4 years and didnt choose to do them in the shittiest branch available? That makes sense. Again, stop taking pride in something you havent even done yet. You are acting like youve been in for 10 years and you havent even gone to bootcamp yet. Btw hurl more insults, thatll throw people off the reddit trail.
>im trying to fit in really hard
>I hope its working

>>32088389
>I'll live forever in memes.
truly livin the dream
>>
>ITT: Memarines.
>>
So i'm stuck at an impass and I think you guys can help
I can enlist now in the Air Force, and my recruiter has some cool cyber and air crew jobs I can take, or I can go to college for 4 years and try to go until retirement, but if I go to college it also leaves open the option of teaching english in foreign countries instead of the military, while enlisting would mean I would still have to get my degree after I was done or while i'm still in
if anyone can provide any insight into my unique situation that'd be great
>>
File: download (38).jpg (10KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (38).jpg
10KB, 299x168px
>>32088423
Make it a meme son.

Irk
>>
>>32088423
>E7 in 4 years

wanna know how I can tell you've been lieing all this time and are a retarded NEET faggot?
>>
>>32088451
why would anyone want to be engrish teacher is beyond me.
You want to go either mil or college, it's very common
>>
>>32088509
I never said E-7 in 4 years. Can you read? I made E-5 in 3. I said if i stayed in by the time i was an E-7 he'd still be an E-5. Considering you cant read i guess its good you were in the marines after all.

>>32088461
>did you just call my rum ham?
>It shouldve been you!
>>
File: satsumas.png (471KB, 904x1086px) Image search: [Google]
satsumas.png
471KB, 904x1086px
Tell me if this is viable /meg/
>join Virginia ANG
>get a job that involves working on aircraft
>go to community college
>get a private pilot's license
>transfer to 4-year university
>do simultaneous participation in the guard and ROTC
>go active duty as either a Navy or AF pilot

Alternatively
>stay in the guard after getting my degree
>apply to be a pilot in the unit
>>
>>32087522
Can I enlist in the military if I had a possession charge but no conviction
>>
Why is Obama allowed to hand out 21 medals of honor, and not one of them went to someone who had served in the military?
>>
Joining the Navy was planning on AECF ET but i dont really know if thats what i want still i would be inf for another branch but im not really built for it (5'7 fml right?) What are some other good jobs to do i got a 79 on ASVAB
>>
>>32089576
your second course sounds the most likely to happen, going from ANG to active can be difficult
>>
>>32089576
I tend to think being a pilot in the ANG is preferable, since you get the awesome without the obligation.

That said, this pleasant situation makes it pretty damn competitive as I understand, and it is likely even more so at Virginia's ANG since they operate F-22s.

I do have a question, though, for anyone who knows. It should perhaps be obvious, but are ANG folks who go through UPT guaranteed training for the aircraft the unit sent them to eventually fly? As in: "drop day" is effectively not a thing for them.
>>
Any anons here know some shit about Naval Aircrewman? Preferably stuff they will never tell you in the recruiters office or online
Looks pretty cool desu, not interested in rescue swimming/diving though
>>
File: 1479685641798.jpg (99KB, 614x767px) Image search: [Google]
1479685641798.jpg
99KB, 614x767px
>>32089917
>Why is Obama allowed to hand out 21 medals of honor
>medals of honor
Because he didnt? Theyre medals of freedom. Its a civilian award not a military one.

>>32090127
Define good. FC or GM are better than ET though.

>>32090282
>not interested in rescue swimming
Pretty sure thats part of it man. If you mean aircrew on a helo its a great job. Those guys have a good life ll tell you that. When they were on deployment with us all they did was fly once every other day or more and the rest of the time was theirs to workout.
>>
File: 16794644265_6c9c3ea5c9_o.jpg (1MB, 1181x1772px) Image search: [Google]
16794644265_6c9c3ea5c9_o.jpg
1MB, 1181x1772px
Just finished C25k. I was thinking of running the 5k two days a week and working on my 1.5 mile run once a week while lifting three days a week

Is this a good idea? My country's army isn't recruiting till Feb
>>
>Graduating basic training from fort benning
Today is a good day
>>
>>32090732
>Just finished C25k. I was thinking of running the 5k two days a week and working on my 1.5 mile run once a week
Just do the 10k program instead.
Yes lift the other 3 days and take 1 rest day.

>>32090793
11b?
>>
who navy maed renk 2 day?
>>
>>32087595
This mad did a great service to the world.
>>
>>32090868
Nope I'm a pog
>>
I'm so fucking confused about Navy's new rating system (or lack thereof) Can anyone give me a brief synopsis?
>>
>>32091988
Sailors are now identified by their rates only. For example, before someone was identified as Boatswain's Mate 2nd Class is now just Petty Officer 2nd Class. Also, ratings are now codes. For example, Boatswain's Mate is now B400. He will still be referred to as a Boatswain's Mate for now, but on paper he is B400.
>>
What places can you be stationed at for the navy outside of the US?
>>
>>32093814
Boats.
>>
>>32093814
the ocean
>>
>>32093814
Japan
>>
>>32088089

> i made E-5 in 3 years which is literally impossible in the marines

Sounds like you were admin, motor t, supply, or one of the other retard revolving door jobs who have thousands of nco spots to throw people into.
>>
>>32094106
This. I'll take cutting scores for $500 Alex.

Some MOS's pick up NCO simply by time served. Try that in the grunts. Terminal Lance isn't just a comic strip. I got e4, but it wasn't easy.
>>
I've been thinking of joining the AF, but the problem is I'm a tiny, feminine manlet with no discipline. Is this a mistake?
>>
>>32094136
You'll fit in perfectly.
>>
File: VODNIK.png (37KB, 492x391px) Image search: [Google]
VODNIK.png
37KB, 492x391px
Runnin is ass still
>>
File: sad.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>32094159
>tfw used to be like that
>now I'm a Nuke
>>
File: solidus trump.png (321KB, 658x324px) Image search: [Google]
solidus trump.png
321KB, 658x324px
>>32094164
Fucking rip mate, thanks for the laugh. You still in A school or did you finish that? Good shit for civvie jobs after you finish. 6 figs deal
>>
>>32094136

That is the branch for you.

In the air force, you can basically tell a chief to fuck off if he tells you to do something that isn't your job. You just have to cite your afsc description and the afi what your responsibilities to senior enlisted are.

In every other branch, so long as what you're being asked to do won't harm you or others you will be expected to do it and you can get charged for a 134 when refusing.

The air force is the place to be if you kinda want to be in the military but you also cry when spoken to in a stern manner.
>>
>>32094241
I am a huge baby, so that sounds nice. I would prefer to not get in shitfits with my seniors but I take it that may be unavoidable?
>>
>>32094164
yeah we have a fag in the discord that pic is based on.
>>
>>32094292

The air force is just like having any other normal job. After bmt you never march again, unless you stay in, because e5s have to go to this silly military professionalism course. 90% of air force people never touch a weapon outside of basic.

I'd definitely recommend it if you want all the financial benefits of being a "veteran" without having to actually do military stuff.
>>
File: 1477570294473.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477570294473.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Threadly reminder to lie at meps and downplay on the sf86.
MEPS answer key:
>I had adhd as a child and took ritalin
Lie
>I did drugs and there's no police record
Lie
>I have a skin condition on my left ass cheek
Lie
>I broke my arm when I was 15
Lie

For the SF86:
>drugs?
"Only did a little pot once a long time ago"
>foreign family?
I said Hola to mi abuela over the phone
>reason you quit your job?
It didn't feel like a good fit
>>
>>32088089
That link is a laugh
>The Marine Corps plan calls for two junior Marines (paygrades E-1 to E-3) to share a room and bath, to "support the tenets of team building and unit cohesion."
The horror. I'm guessing the fag that wrote this never looked into housing on any college campus in the entire nation, because what he's bitching about is actually better than what I went through in college.
>>
>>32094480

Seems like the people who complain about the barracks the most are spergy shitlords who have no social skills so everybody hates them.
>>
I leave for boot camp in under two months now and I think I have a case of sesamoiditis. Anyone dealt with this and will this affect me? So far I can run pretty fine but I don't know if it'll get really bad during boot camp.
>>
>>32094598
Wtf is sesamoiditis?
>>
>>32094459
That webm is super cute, maybe toocute.
>>
File: 1475247674375.jpg (265KB, 1100x1328px)
1475247674375.jpg
265KB, 1100x1328px
>>32094618
it's basically like tendonitis for my toe. it's annoying as fuck
>>
File: 1359809368234.jpg (3MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1359809368234.jpg
3MB, 1680x1050px
Anyone here make a career out of the military? I am thinking of doing it and wanted to know your opinions of your time in there
>>
>>32094680
I served in the Marines as an infantryman. Had a guy who lost two toes fucking with a lawn mower.

As long as you have your big toe, can balance yourself, and run should be OK.

Not related but he was an awesome guy, and some gf of his left him when he showed her his foot. Fucking shallow bitch.
>>
>>32094446
Might as well join NOAA or USPHS.
>>
File: 1477113537302.jpg (16KB, 137x209px)
1477113537302.jpg
16KB, 137x209px
>tfw you're going to have to join a military branch next year because you can't get a civillian career

It's cool I didn't want to spend my 20s chasing chicks in bars anyway
>>
>>32089583
You probably get in but won't get a job that requires a secret clearance might get a shit mos like cook or quartermaster
>>
>>32095069
>It's cool I didn't want to spend my 20s chasing chicks in bars anyway

what do you think your time off and paychecks will be spent on other thank anime stuff?
>>
>>32094459
>foreign family?
>I said Hola to mi abuela over the phone

About this shit. The MOS I'm looking to join requires Secret, and there's only two hangups I can see getting cleared.

Half my family is from Pakistan. Grandparents emigrated over here in the 70's and my entire immediate family up to grandparents are citizens and stateside, but I've still got distant relatives (cousins of my grandparent's cousins, shit like that) and my mother dragged me out to spend a few years in that shithole when I was 14. I know I'm going to have to disclose all of this when I put in my SF86, is there any chance this won't fuck me? To clarify, I've got

>Immediate family all citizens and stateside. >Distant relatives in Pakistan.
>Time spent there, but as a minor.
>>
>>32095069
They'll chase you. I saw this sailor in his nwu on the trolley and some chick just started choppin it with him. She even gave him her number without him asking. He looked kind of shocked and and little awkward because he knew people were watching.
>>
>tfw 18 and taking ASVAB soon, want to be a Marine

I want to do infantry but on the practice ASVAB tests I'm getting high scores. Is it worth it lads? I want to see combat.
>>
>>32095265
I went 0311 with a 96 asvab. I joined during the Surge tho.

You... ehh probably won't. Smart guys join Infantry. Pogs just have little dick syndrome and like to brag.

You'll go on MEUs. Consider pog unless your mind is set.
>>
>>32095293

>Pogs just have little dick syndrome and like to brag.

You sound boot as fuck.

You sure you aren't like 19 years old?
>>
>>32095265
Do it faggot. Just get a degree in a useful field while you're in the corps.
>>
>>32094963

Seeing as how you can walk into the air force at age 17 and those organizations require you to have some sort of skill, I have to disagree.
>>
>>32095320
I'm 30. Been out for 5 years. I've just lurked /k/ so long I've seen how they act. At least here.
>>
>>32094680

I have this due to too much street interval running. About three weeks later it is almost completely back to normal, just remember to stretch and massage it every day.
>>
>>32095335
True. I'm surprised the air force doesn't just drop all enlisted personnel and become a Commissioned Corps.
>>
>>32095371

I agree.

All the meaningful work is already done by civilians and officers and if they got rid of all the hormonal kiddies under 25 who are all constantly trying to poke each other, what little stuff the enlisted does do would get done ten times more quickly.
>>
File: sneaky.png (106KB, 421x315px) Image search: [Google]
sneaky.png
106KB, 421x315px
>tfw Eagle Scout

Which branch do I go into lads? I wanna get into officer's school
>>
I'm currently in the delayed enlistment program. I really want to go to a psychologist to work out some issues (not depression) i have. I can go to my university's for free.
Would this complicate anything?
>>
>>32087522
Never watched that movie.
But how did they do the part when the Somali's got sniped
Was it brutal with a shit load of violence and splatter
Or very subtle and just just keep over?
>>
>>32095468

I wouldn't do it if the sessions are documented. If they are then you'd be lying on every form you'll be filling out in the future asking whether you've seen a psychologist for any reason; if you have to get a top secret in the future you'll have to sign a medical record release form, then you'll be fucked.
>>
>>32087595
That nigga is like, why can't I have a son?
>>
>>32095141
Dude, they care about your foreign contacts, not 3rd cousin #32 whose name your parents don't even know. These contacts should be:
1. Not recent
2. Not with any extremists or terrorists

That said, Pakistan is pretty sketch. Can't really promise you'll get secret.
>>
>>32095504
> "your records, scheduling of or attendance at appointments, and progress in counseling are confidential. No record of counseling is contained in any academic, educational or job placement file"
Is this still a no go?
I'm going in as a medic so I really don't think I'd need a clearance. But then again, I am planning on commissioning in the future with rotc
>>
>>32095593

Sounds good, just be careful.

If you get attached to some unit that has strykers then you'll get a secret, if they decide to make you a crypto holder for some reason then you'll get a top secret.
>>
>>32095141
As I understand it, they would care if your best friend was Chinese or you lived in Pakistan until you were 17. Your second cousin twice removed doesn't matter for shit unless he lives with you.
>>
File: 1479911756427.jpg (61KB, 480x480px)
1479911756427.jpg
61KB, 480x480px
>>32094106
Are you retarded? I was in the navy. And why are you saying that like its a bad thing, jealous? I was in operations on a cruiser so eat shit grunt.

>>32094125
>Try that in the grunts. Terminal Lance isn't just a comic strip. I got e4, but it wasn't easy.
Thats my whole point you moron. I dont want to try it. You can take fake pride in your shitty job ill stay getting paid.

>>32094480
>>32094597
2 more retards missing the point. I said the marines is the worst of the branches. Which clearly it is. Whether its actually bad or not doesnt matter. We are talking about relativity. Try thinking for a change.
>>
>>32095593
>Implying they will find out
There's no magical central database like other countries. They would have to know who to request the records from. That usually means you have to fuck up or someone has to blab. That said, we aren't talking about MEPS so there's no reason to hide it.
>>
>>32095593
Don't, you aren't working out any issues in 3 months. Plus, if you claim suicidal thoughts, your shrink can release your information under "I believed he was a threat to himself or other people."

Some kid shot his shrink because he got sent to a psych ward for admitting suicidal thoughts. Just don't go if you want to make it in the military.
>>
>>32096417
>I was in operations on a cruiser so eat shit grunt.

Oh man as a guy currently active duty on a destroyer, this statement was hilarious. You were either an OS who literally just does the bitch work of CIC, running mo-boards or staring at a radar for hours on end or sweeping a p-way, or you were a boatswain mate which is literally the grunt of the Navy. If you were actually something cool like an EW/CTT/CTR you would have stated it, those fuckers love talking about their rate.

Operations department are the biggest bunch of bitches on the ship. Supply is even more useful than you guys.
>>
>>32096564
>Oh man as a guy currently active duty on a destroyer
Because of how mad you are you have to be in engineering? Yes? And yep im an OS. You mad i have a great rate and you dont? Also CTRs work in SSES not CIC, so again because of how dumb you are guessing your in engineering.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>32096607
>Because of how mad you are you have to be in engineering?
I'm a 5" FC my job is fuckin' sweet, I'm smarter than you and get to shoot a big ass fucking cannon. Tell me, what cool things have you ever done?

>Yes? And yep im an OS. You mad i have a great rate and you dont?
Your rate is shit and you are literally useless outside of staring at a radar or sweeping a p-way.

>Also CTRs work in SSES not CIC, so again because of how dumb you are guessing your in engineering.
You said "I was in operations" department, CTRs belong to Ops, never said anything about CTRs working in CIC, maybe you're the dumb fuck OS with shit reading comprehension hmmmm? :^)
>>
>>32089576
Sounds doable, but aircraft maintenance blows. I'd recommend a desk job instead.
>>
>>32094796
>Anyone here make a career out of the military?
Yeah. I did two enlistments as aircraft maintenance. That part sucked. I retrained into comm and it's been pretty alright since.

Looking forward to retiring in 2018.
>>
I had a feeling that our resident "Show me where the Muhreen touched you" was a useless faggot, but now we have proof. Thank god, I thought there might have been a small chance that he knew what he was talking about
>>
File: 1479365825165.jpg (98KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1479365825165.jpg
98KB, 750x750px
>>32096657
>I'm a 5" FC my job is fuckin' sweet
That is a good job

>I'm smarter than you
I got a 95 on my asvab so i doubt it

>get to shoot a big ass fucking cannon
Are you 4 years old? Calm down it gets boring after the 3rd time.

>Tell me, what cool things have you ever done?
2 deployments worth of cool shit

>Your rate is shit and you are literally useless outside of staring at a radar or sweeping a p-way.
Mad? Staring at radars, managing links, handling messages, flt tac, tracking subs, NSFS, talking to F-16s, talking to helos, i mean the list goes. What do you do again? Grease teh 5 inch and stare at the console as well im pretty sure. Get off your high horse booter.

Considering FCs are nearly as autistic as ETs you should calm down puzzle piece. Nearly every FC on my ship was fat pale and couldnt hold eye contact while talking to you.
>>
>>32096785
>I got a 95 on my asvab so i doubt it

>Are you 4 years old? Calm down it gets boring after the 3rd time.
Pressing that button is still cooler than anything you did in your entire naval career, no matter how boring it gets

>2 deployments worth of cool shit
Wooo, so you saw some foreign countries and got drunk. I'm talking about your actual job. I've done a deployment, it was alright.

>Staring at radars, managing links, handling messages, flt tac
Boring shit that any trained monkey could do

>tracking subs, NSFS
You didn't track subs, STGs do that. And you didn't do NSFS outside of practice, and all you fucking do for that is repeat what someone else says

> talking to F-16s, talking to helos
Woooooow you repeated to a pilot what someone else told you to tell them and they did it, soooo fucking cool brah
>>
>>32096886
>98
Beat me by 3 points, surely ill cry tonight.

>Pressing that button is still cooler than anything you did in your entire naval career, no matter how boring it gets
Just keep clinging to that. Say it long enough and youll believe it.

>I'm talking about your actual job
Ya, the things i did during it. A deployement is an OSs job. We were with the carrier for half of it talking with f-16s. talking to our helos flying on a daily basis. Hunted a few chinese subs. We do that remember? Ran some NSFS scenarios. We do that remember? Youre a 1 trick pony so you wouldnt understand.

>I've done a deployment, it was alright.
If you didnt have a blast than i legitimately feel bad for you. I loved being on deployment. Where you homeported?

>Boring shit that any trained monkey could do
>Move the goalposts
>rub grease on shaft
>FC=monkey

>You didn't track subs
Im a north/south plotter and work right beside the ASWO so please tell me my job again.

>And you didn't do NSFS outside of practice
>moves goalposts
We plot or did you forget that part? And all you did was do it for practice too fag.

>Woooooow you repeated to a pilot what someone else told you to tell them and they did it, soooo fucking cool brah
>moves goalposts

Look man youre clearly butthurt maybe an OS fucked your fat wife idk. I hope your ass heals and you feel better tomorrow.

>>32096762
>im still not even in yet but ill act like i am
>>
>>32096417

>Try that in the grunts. Terminal Lance isn't just a comic strip. I got e4, but it wasn't easy.
>Thats my whole point you moron. I dont want to try it. You can take fake pride in your shitty job ill stay getting paid

I went to war. Have a degree with my GI Bill. So what the fuck are you saying limp dick?
>>
>>32097009
>So what the fuck are you saying limp dick?
What ive been saying from the start you slow brained dreg. My job advances quicker than the shitty marines. Consider using your gi bill for hooked on phonics.
>>
>>32096978
Norfolk, deployment was to the Gulf. We saw a few cool ports (Italy, Slovenia, Cyprus) but mostly Bahrain and Dubai, which is why I say it was just alright.

I don't legitimately know how OS's differ ship to ship but on my ship OS's never had anything to do with subs, and we saw a couple Iranian subs but the OS's didn't do shit except for add a marker to their last known location on CADRT, with information they got from either STGs or CTRs.

NSFS is stupid as fuck and we're never going to actually do it for real. Plotting actually takes some skill, I'll give you that.

Lastly 5" FC's don't actually work on the gun, so your whole "grease the shaft" thing is retarded. GMs do the gun monkey stuff. We are the smart people who work on the electronics for the gun.

>Look man youre clearly butthurt maybe an OS fucked your fat wife
Pfffffffff, like my wife would be impressed by your little baby dick
>>
>>32097034
Lol. Okay. Someone is upset they weren't deployed. And assmad I make more money. Stay frustrated.
>>
>>32097053
>Norfolk, deployment was to the Gulf. We saw a few cool ports (Italy, Slovenia, Cyprus) but mostly Bahrain and Dubai, which is why I say it was just alright.
Again, i feel bad for you. I was stationed in San Diego which was awesome and we deployed to the whole Asia area. Nothing like being in the phillipines for christmas.

>OS's didn't do shit except for add a marker to their last known location on CADRT
Dude we didnt even have CADRT. My ship was fucking old and shitty so you probably had a way better quality of life than i did. IN fwd ops berthing we had 55 dudes and only 1 working shower and 2 toilets.

>Pfffffffff, like my wife would be impressed by your little baby dick
But its so thick and chodish. They call me the tuna can.

>>32097058
>I make more money
Except you dont. I was an E-5 getting BAH so again, clearly you struggle with math. Instead of hooked on phonics consider remedial math at a community college.
>deployed
I was deployed twice. And if you are about to say you cant compare a navy deployment to yours calm down. You arent a navy seal or Green beret your a basic low ranking shit shoveler. Either way i hope you had fun in the desert cause i know i had fun in Hong Kong and Tokyo.
>>
>>32097122
I don't doubt your ship was shitty as fuck. CG's are on their way out. My DDG is pretty old, but they got a new sonar suite in the last yard period which CADRT is a part of. We are actually in the yards again now, it's pretty ass, but we are getting some much needed updates to CIC.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 320x340px)
giphy.gif
2MB, 320x340px
>>32097122
>Pog was deployed . Stand back.
>>
I got muh nuke contract. I'm planning on getting my degree while I'm a nuke and after my contract is up, either rejoin the navy as an officer so I can fly, or join the air force as an officer to fly.
Does anyone know if the air force (or navy) will give a pilot slot to someone whose had lasik or prk while in another branch?
>>
>>32087522
Is 24 too old to join? I'm from a Navy family so I was thinking of doing like my great grandad, grandad, and uncle.
>>
>>32095262
you can't fool me petty officer
>>
>>32097174
>We are actually in the yards again now, it's pretty ass
We did a 4-5 month dry dock period before our hull swap. They reaplced the shafts and a few other things. It was super chill imo. Again, probably cause i was an OS, but we didnt have shit to do. The only part that sucked was we stood up like 3 extra watches so you were guranteed at minimum 1 watch usually double each duty day. Also the bussed didnt come until 1500 and we all went to after work pt for an hr. Which was just gay calisthenics on the track.

>>32097207
keep taking pride in how shitty it was for you. Ill keep enjoying my memories from singapore.

>>32097208
None of that will happen. First off you will be so overworked as a nuke you will have no time to get a degree. Second once youre a nuke theres now way out. They would never let you leave and become a pilot. You got memed badly. Why the hell did you choose nuke all we do is tell you people not to take it.

>>32097229
Not at all. There was a 35yr old in boot with me. Youll be fine just choose a good job.
>>
>>32095265
The only people in the foreseeable future seeing combat are parts of USSOCOM, so your best option is 11x option 40 in the army.
>>
>>32097208
>>32097237
Even though I hate this faggot's guts, he is 100% right. You done fucked up going nuke, son. They offered that to me and I told them no fucking way would they ever get me to go nuke. I read too much bad shit before I went to a recruiter.
>>
>>32097237
I doubt the air force can force me into becoming a nuke. Besides, I can just fail some test after I get my e-4 and go into some other rate if I don't like it.
>>
File: 1441091391691.png (433KB, 479x533px) Image search: [Google]
1441091391691.png
433KB, 479x533px
>all this blogging
>>
>>32097272
like what bad shit? I don't mind working hard.
>>
>>32096564

GM3 buddy.
>>
>>32097229
I'm in my 30s trying to enlist. Saw 2 other guys about my age at MEPS the other day. My cousin enlisted in his early 30s.
>>
>>32097325
You probably won't even make it through the school and will get puked up undesignated and working for some retarded gorillas called boatswain mates.
>>
File: 1477769830417.png (286KB, 949x2587px) Image search: [Google]
1477769830417.png
286KB, 949x2587px
>>32095262
>I saw this sailor in his nwu on the trolley
SD?
32nd street?
>>32097279
>I doubt the air force can force me into becoming a nuke
Meant if you stay navy.
>I can just fail some test after I get my e-4 and go into some other rate if I don't like it.
bro it doesnt work like that.

>>32097325
pic related+a whole lot more problems
>>
>>32097386
>SD?
>32nd street?
Yup
>>
>>32097432
Muh nigga, rate? Ship? I lay awake at night dreaming of california burritos and picking up slutty college girls in the gass lamp.
>>
Will the local agency check part of a secret clearance investigation find job applications to the city/county police departments where you live?
>>
I have a problem. I was diagnosed with social anxiety and depression when I was younger. I was probably misdiagnosed, but from what I've read, it will probably disqualify me from joining.

I have a college degree, so I will probably join the military as an officer. How likely is it that they will look into my medical records? If I don't talk about it, will they never find out?
>>
>>32097386
hmm. It looks like a might just stay with my original HM and try to go FMF, then.
>>
>>32097546
>How likely is it that they will look into my medical records? If I don't talk about it, will they never find out?

Not going to happen. They likely wouldn't even find anything even if you were going to get a TS clearance, which is required for some types of officers. The only thing that would screw you is some family member or someone from your past who knows about it blabbing if they get interviewed. Seriously just don't even mention it and lie if directly asked. For just a secret clearance they likely won't go any farther than you asking you some questions. Only for TS do they actually go around interviewing people you know and from your past.
>>
Thinking about going to my local recruiter. I was going to go to AFROTC but lately iv been thinking of just enlisting into the Army and trying for either 11b it 31k. Anyone been in this situation before?

It would be nice to be an Air Force officer and have a nice job living on base in some foreign country and not really doing much. But I have this itch to just go 11b. Do you think I would see much action as an infantryman? Also do 31k people see any action or do they stay on base just taking care of dogs all day?
>>
File: operator 36.jpg (332KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
operator 36.jpg
332KB, 1600x1200px
With each Army OCS class, what percentage of the branch slots available are combat arms (Infantry, Artillery, Air Defense, Armor, Engineer, etc)? Is Artillery especially common? What about Engineer? How common is artillery? How common is engineer? From what I understand infantry is insanely rare for OCS...
>>
Hey /meg/, just looking for some helpful advice. Just scored in the 92nd percentile on the ASVAB, and was looking into 35M for the Army. Headed to DLAB next week, and with the possibility of scoring high there, I was also looking into 35P. Anyone have any experience with these two MOS's, and is willing to share some words?
>>
>>32098521
It's totally random each time based on what slots are available in upcoming schools. Majority of slots are force sustainment.
>>
>>32098665
I did 35P, it was fun and DLI was like a big swingers party. I think it's pretty lame there now. Anyways, you might like it if you don't get a shit language. I learned Chinese and now have a cushy civilian job.
>>
>>32098745
So stuff like transpo, ordnance, quartermaster, chemical, finance, intel, signals, etc?

Is there any data available about averages? Like what the average distribution of slots available for classes? Or is it sincerely truly random?
>>
Is there any way I can learn French while in the Military (USA)? I'm conversational in French and would like to continue learning it (~300 level in university)
>>
>>32099077
Rosetta stone?
>>
>>32099077

Learn it on your own time/money, sure.

Theoretically you can learn it on the military's dime, but realistically they don't train many French linguists. Most are native speakers they recruit.
>>
>>32099145
>>32099143
Damn, that sucks. I was hoping to be able to find a job that involved French but I understand that that's not super likely. Maybe I'll just join the FFL or something.
>>
DLIFLC here. Ask a badass sexy navy spy anything and I might answer
>>
>>32100260
If you're at DLI, you aren't anything.
>>
>>32098961
Force sustainment is AG, Finance, Ordnance, Quartermaster, and Transpo. You can forget about finance though, it's the most competitive branch in the Army and virtually impossible to get into.

Seats per OCS class are based on the needs of the army and upcoming available seats in the basic officer leaders course for the branch. Even if I pulled stats from last year, there's no guarantee that it would be relevant... it even comes down to things like how many officers failed to graduate on time from ROTC, or got a DUI, or died, or otherwise are no longer available to fill the slot that the Army thought that they would fill. OCS graduates fill those gaps.

When it comes time to pick against the available slots, it's based on class ranking, which at that point in OCS is mostly based on the physical events because you won't have done the leadership events and you'll be maybe halfway through the academic events.

Bottom line, don't go OCS if you aren't willing to accept a commission in literally any branch. If you have your heart set on - or against - something, there's a good chance that Murphy is going to show up and force you into the thing that you don't want.
>>
>>32095447
Army; go 19k.

That is what I wanted to do my fellow Eagle brother, until I found out I got a curvature of the spine.
>>
File: dieter.jpg (12KB, 300x326px)
dieter.jpg
12KB, 300x326px
>>32097237
Big bad pog. Don't blow my house down.

P-please badass.
>>
is 40 pushups good enough for infantry?
>>
>>32100670
No. Well I was an 0311, we do pull ups. But you need to up your game. Even for Army.

Double down Son. I want 80.
>>
>>32100353
>any branch
Wait, I dont think I understand. Do you mean MOS? Or do you mean I can go to Army OCS and get sent to the marines?
>>
>>32100689
I can do ~65 pushups, 100 situps, 13min 2mi run.
Is that good enough for some shit like intel or QM?
>>
>>32100690
Are you mentally retarded girlfriend? No.
>>
>>32100670
Enlisted army Look up the requirements i.e apft chart always try to max out each event to get a 300
Marines has alot more requirements like Pull ups swimming and I think react to combat
>>
>>32100714
Then why the fuck did he say branch nigga, fuck you
>>
File: 1464535128703.jpg (23KB, 366x364px) Image search: [Google]
1464535128703.jpg
23KB, 366x364px
>tfw next ship date for 11x is august next year
why the fuck is this a thing
what else can i do now
>>
>>32100707
You are above the curve, you'll be fine. Just don't slack. That comes when you EAS.
>>
>>32100731
Reclass or first contract??
>>
>>32100722
He's a retard? You're a retard. I'm drunk, I have an excuse.
>>
>>32100748
>I'm drunk
Only retards drink you fucking retard
>>
>>32100745
First contract. I was expecting something like feb or march. 9 months is just crazy. What do you suggest? I really want this job.
>>
>>32100753
>Infantryman don't drink

OK kid. I'll buy you a glass of milk.
>>
>>32100776
While you're on the internet drunk off your ass insulting strangers, I'll be getting swole with my thick fucking bones.
Get shit on, dummy.
>>
File: 1478849378990.jpg (9KB, 211x246px)
1478849378990.jpg
9KB, 211x246px
What the fuck is up with this cancerous shit in these threads lately. All this fucking toxicity. Especially that asshole always starting shit about muhreens. What's your deal bro, do you have some sort of inferiority complex?
>>
>>32100758
I'm asking because I'm a POG trying to reclass to 11B if your dead set on infantry try to get airborne in your contract or even option 40
>>
>>32100783
No. I'm not drunk off my ass, junior. It helps me sleep. Learn to take a joke you stupid preboot.
>>
>>32100806
>taking a comment that includes "i'll be getting swole with my thick fucking bones" seriously
I think that you may have drunk a little bit too much friendo-dendo
>>
>>32100789
I got airborne in my contract alright. Doesn't everyone in the Army have them? I'm not sure since I see that little wings thing on everyone's uniform. Pretty excited desu. Do they ever change ship date when people drop out while waiting or whatever?
>>
>>32100815
I didn't take anything serious.

>friendo-dendo

Dad works at Nintendo?
>>
>>32100824
Nag senpai airborne qualifications are pretty rare in POG land it's because they fill slots with combat MOS first then POGs last but once you have a slot in Benning your pretty much set stay out of legal trouble and focus on PT
>>
>>32100789
In the Marines you'd have to go to SOI ITB. I assume something similar.

There were lots rexlassing when I joined.
>>
>>32100861
*Reclassing
>>
>>32100583
ok
>>
File: 1426956832284.jpg (108KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1426956832284.jpg
108KB, 640x960px
>>32100884
>>
>>32100938
ok
>>
>>32100992
OK. Bitch.
>>
>>32088089
No offense buddy, but it's his service. You're not serving for him, so why the big show? Some people are not interested in getting promoted quickly or quality of life. Some people may just want to wear those dress blues or do it for the sake of family tradition. It's not a pragmatic decision, but we're not pragmatic beings. It's the penny pinching people like you that get every last drop out of the system that has the sad life. The wealth you garner in this life is not fulfillment or achievement to us. The strings of letters after your name are not fullfillment or achievement to us. Our fulfillment and our achievement are what we define it as and you have no right to dictate our choices. So please, fairy, if you can't answer the dude's question, don't respond at all.
>>
>>32096711
Does it? It looks tedious, but rewarding and I already have a toward it relevant
>>
File: tmp_7188-images-939821782.png (59KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7188-images-939821782.png
59KB, 500x598px
Hello /k/, reporting from Kapooka basic recruit training. The plt Sgt has gifted us some time to use phones because tomorrow is the march out parade. Im going to be a reservist combat engineer in the Australian defence force. Hope I do my family name proud with this little contribution to the country. Thanks for the help /k/, god speed and party on.
>>
>>32100690
What he means is you should apply to multiple branches because your chances are so slim in the first place. Example: If you want to fly, visit an officer recruiter for navy, air force, Marines, and army. (Note that army allows warrant officers to fly which means less administrative bullshit).
>>
File: 1475717283769.jpg (111KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475717283769.jpg
111KB, 500x700px
>>32101433
>t cringe
Arent you assuming a whole hell of a lot?
So i wasnt fullfilled in the navy?
Maybe joining the navy was my family tradition.
You make it sound like serving in any branch besides the marines is worthless.
And 99% of people who post here couldnt give 2 shits about everything you just said. They are clueless 19 year olds and would be glad to know the things im saying. If you were in the marines fine. But again 99% of the time you can find the same job in one of the other branches as well as better QoL and faster promotion so why not take it? Again, i cant read your mind, so unless you tell me its family tradition and your mind is made up how the hell would i know that?

>>32101023
ok
>>
>>32101447
I thought reservists did their training in blocks? Like in between university breaks or something?
>>
>>32100690
hurr
http://www.hofstra.edu/academics/colleges/hclas/milsci/milsci_branches.html

Talking about Artillery branch, Ordnance, Logistics, Finance, etc.
>>
>>32100690
The Army itself is broken into branches. When you commission as an officer you commission into a branch of the Army. It's called branching.

Infantry is a branch, Signals is a branch, Aviation is a branch, Cyber is a branch, MU is a branch, and so on.
>>
>>32097250
Not mentioning
>18x
>SEALS
>MARSOC
Plus, not everyone wants to see combat. Most of the spergs on this board do, but there's a chance this special boy wont
>>
>>32099077
There's the on your own time, but THEORETICALLY if you can go 18x, you can get a crapshoot chance(idk the odds, but it's less than 10% if I had to guess) of being taught French

Being a 1337 0perat8r might not be your cup of tea, but if it is, there's a chance you'll learn French
>>
>>32100306
Fuck off they don't know that.
>>
>>32102642
Are you retarded?
>>
>>32102937
???how???
>>
>>32103035
Google USSOCOM and then youll realize why what you said was dumb
>>
>>32103035
USSOCOM is SEAL SWCC 18/11X MARSOC etc
>>
>>32102547
>>32102448
Oh, okay. I only thought that branch refered to the Army, Navy, Marines, AF, Coast Guard.
>>
Hey /meg/, got a question for US Armyfags. I'm a 19d reclassed from 18x, and I retained an 11b secondary MOS. If I had the goal of someday going to ranger batt, how do you think I could go about it? I have looked all over the internet about going into batt from enlisted and it all seems to boil down to contacting a bat recruiter, but how does it actually work? Are slots awarded to enlisted based on need with op40 going first? How likely am I to get in to batt with airborne? What about other schools, would they have any effect?
>>
>>32103189
moran
>>
>>32103212
>I'm a 19d reclassed from 18x
Story time. Why did you drop from 18x?
>>
>>32103251

I was the dude that didnt make the 240, posted here a month or two back, donno if you remember me
>>
>>32103271
Yes i do actually. Well if you couldnt make 18x whats makes you think you can make it in batt? No offense just being honest.
>>
>>32103289

I plan on getting my pt above a 300 by the time I start seriously thinking about batt.
>>
So, what can I expect going into the airforce, exactly?
>>
>>32103075
Not at all. The units I listed and mor all fall under JSOC and USSOCOM

I also forgot to mention
>PJ's
>CCT's
>>
>>32103660
Boipussy getting flipped.
>>
>>32103689
Thats my whole point. They fall under USSOCOM.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 640x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 640x316px
>>32103739
Read this chain of posts again f a m
>>
>>32088095
If you want to work with SEALS, SSGN's have those capabilities but you don't want an SSGN. Submarines used to be an all-male gig but SSGN's and BN's are the first to get females, as well as Virginias. I'd recommend 688i if you want to do cool shit. When you're on mission and something breaks, you just have to disregard warranties and safety to fix it and accomplish it. Boomers and guided missile subs are also all based out of Bangor or King's Bay. SSN's get the cool homeports. Just take all that into consideration. I'm on an SSN and even though the work sucks sometimes it's all worth it with just how awesome the job and crew is.
>>
>>32103790
Ya dummy and then you said
Not mentioning
>18x
>SEALS
>MARSOC
But he did, he said USSOCOM. They fall under that.
>>
If you perform at the top of your class do you have a better shot at getting combat arms in Marine Corps OCS than Army?
>>
>>32104491
Shooting for USMC 0370?
>>
>>32103702
That doesn't exactly answer my question, anon.
>>
These threads have turned to shit because of that one fucking grunt who keeps starting shit and calling people pogs every thread. And these fucking sailors talking mad shit to eachother for no reason
>>
>>32104824
Single airfag can't handle banter. Everyone else gets along just fine. Maybe you can find yourself a "safe space" as you folks call it.
>>
>>32100690
It's confusing, I know, but in the Army we use branch to refer to a career field. On the enlisted side it's called a career management field.

Army officers do not have an MOS. They are supposed to be generally knowledgeable about everything in their field, as well as officer shit as a whole. There are many slots for officers at the O3 and higher level which are just a billet for an officer of any field whatsoever - they just need somebody to be in charge of shit, or plan shit, or whatever.
>>
>>32104165
Ahh

I finally get what you're sperging about. I listed them because you didn't, we don't want some retard thinking that the Rangers are the only option
>>
File: 1.png (27KB, 955x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
27KB, 955x1142px
Anyone here stationed in Kings Bay?

How is the boomer life?
>>
>>32104965
Oh, okay. So when you finish ROTC/OCS, they just assign you to a career field based on your scores? Do you have any choice in it?
>>
>>32105967
ROTC and academy have a lot more choice.

Technically, for all of them you get to 'pick' and those with the highest scores pick first. For ROTC, everything is available, you just have to score high enough to be able to get what you want. The problem in OCS is that you only get to pick from a list of what's available, and there's no guarantee that the things that you want will be available. If you're really hoping for, say, armor, but it's not on the list assigned to your class then it doesn't matter if you're the first person to pick, you're out of luck.
>>
General "Marines are shit" sperging aside, thoughts on the 0321 MOS and Marine Recon in general? Hear a lot of things got shaken up after MARSOC was created, particular where Force Recon was concerned, so I'm not sure how much of the stuff I'm reading online is outdated.
>>
>>32105117
I never said they were the only option, just the best one.
>>
Question anybody ever been to fort Gordon for ait. I'm a 25n so I'm stuck there for 6 months for ait, are the ncos crazy like the drill seargents at basic?
>>
File: 1479913225013.jpg (296KB, 634x708px) Image search: [Google]
1479913225013.jpg
296KB, 634x708px
>>32104824
That was a momentary fight. If you cant handle banter youre gonna have it tough in the service.

>>32105117
Gotcha. That even me who said USSOCOM first i just thought that you thought something else.

>>32107625
Look, can i even criticize them or will i instantly be called a pog bitch sperg and so on? That autist freaked out like crazy before. Look from what ive heard, here and other places, getting into recon is crazy difficult in terms of how many hoops you have to jump through. And they havent found there place in teh SOF community yet so no one in charge really knows how to use them. Id say if yo want to be billy badass why not just go SEAL or SF from the get go?
>>
>>32108047
>Id say if yo want to be billy badass why not just go SEAL or SF from the get go?

The issue with SEALs or Rangers (as far as I can tell no one enlists into SF from the get-go and the few exceptions they allow don't make it) is that if I wash out I could get reassigned to a desk job where I shuffle papers all day. I'm fairly athletic and smart, but everything I read about these selection programs makes it clear that plenty of types like that join up only to wash out a some point along the line. Nobody really knows who will make it beforehand since all that matters is how you perform "with your socks wet", which is hard to replicate outside of the actual selection course on your own.

With ASVAB scores like I'm gearing up to get they won't be especially keen on letting me be a faceless grunt who could get offed at any time, and I'm not interested in doing some desk job that I could be getting more money for doing out of uniform. I want to do something that can only be done in the military, and even if I wash out of BRC I have a greater chance of doing something else like that in the Marines (though I'm aware it's certainly no guarantee).

Plus from what I can tell it was really "Force" Recon that was the SEAL or SF equivalent, and "Battalion" Recon and the like was recognized as the less rigorous force, even if informally. Which means getting in is probably not as extreme (though certainly no walk in the park) and I'd have more time and experience to harden my mind and body into what it would take for Force Recon/Raiders.

>And they havent found there place in teh SOF community yet so no one in charge really knows how to use them

Interesting. Does that mean no one uses them correctly, or no one uses them at all?
>>
File: 1477438491939.png (2MB, 806x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477438491939.png
2MB, 806x1200px
>>32108191
>The issue with SEALs or Rangers is that if I wash out I could get reassigned to a desk job where I shuffle papers all day.
>With ASVAB scores like I'm gearing up to get they won't be especially keen on letting me be a faceless grunt who could get offed at any time
Wrong, your asvab score wont matter at all at that point. In the navy when you wash out your fucked. Its needs of the navy. My ship had both bud duds and nuke waste as undes seamn chipping paint. Maybe its diff for rangers but ive heard its needs of the army. They say fuck yuo and put you where they need you.

>but everything I read about these selection programs makes it clear that plenty of types like that join up only to wash out a some point along the line
Thats cause this is 4chan. Most people here are autistic fat weebs. They think being strong is doing 10 pushups. You absolutely can make it through but you better be a real life stud. There was a poster here a few months ago who went 18x and made it. Even if its unlikely its still possible.

Look man i was never SOF or anything like that but i was in the navy. I can tell you right now most people are lazy and paperwork takes fucking forever. What im trying to say is transitioning to something diffrent while in, even if its to SOF stuff is a real fucking bitch. The stars have to align perfectly and your division will make it tough too. They view that as you leaving them and now they have 1 less worker. Point is you are better off holding off on enlisting and getting as physically prepared as you can and just going for it from day 1. Youre motivated now and you want it now so do it now. Enlisting in some shit MOS/rate and trying later has tons of problems. Its gonna drain your spirit and Shit comes up along the way, you could get injured, could get a girl pregnant and so on.
>>
>>32104824
lol u mad u pog faggot. go eat another icecream at your comfy desk you fuckin homo
>>
>>32108191
That's not true, if you wash out of 11B opt 40 you are still an airborne 11B. You've already completed your MOS training by that point, they aren't going to reclass you.
>>
>>32108478
Same in Marines. One of best buddies broke his foot going Recon. Became an 0311. After 4 years and 2 deployments, said he was glad it worked out like it did.
>>
>>32108478
>>32108598
Puts my mind at ease, thanks. Whole family is military but it's all Air Force desk jobs so I'm still trying to figure out how all this SOF stuff works.
>>
File: 1478231679402.jpg (17KB, 220x220px)
1478231679402.jpg
17KB, 220x220px
>>32108478
>>32108619
Thats wrong. It used to be that way but isnt anymore. Infantry is crazy over manned. They definitely are reclassing people. Christ look a few posts up. That 18x drop got reclassed to 19D. And a few threads ago someone got sent to some supply MOS. The chance of you getting reclassed exists. NEEDS OF THE ARMY.
>>
>>32108768
Im the Marinefag. This is possible. I joined during the Surge.

I hear the new kids on the block waiting 8 months or so just to go to boot. My recruiter literally asked me when I joined if I wanted to go next week. My shit could be dated.
>>
>>32108768
11B is not the same as 18X. No one gets reclassed if they fail RASP, unless they fail by breaking their spine or something.
>>
Hey guys i go to meps soon(navy), and I want something in intel, preferebly CT. Can someone give me a rundown on each CT job, and what they do? Thanks
>>
>>32101971
Yes Reserve training is done in blocks, Kapooka being one of the longest at 35 days. Most other courses are 2 weeks max in duration, sometimes they will be scheduled so you can do a few blocks back-to-back.
>>
Question /k/

I recently met this guy who was in the Marines for a very short time. He joined when he was real young, and basically joined because he had a real shit life at the time. He was up for like 2 or 3 days before walking into the recruiter's office and said some stupid shit.

The thing is, he was talking to his recruiter and expressed body language that could be 'easily misunderstood'. His recruiter thought he had rolled his eyes, but he was just 'thinking hard or something' and moved his eyes a lot while talking. He swore up and down he did not mean to roll his eyes in a disrespectful way. Long story short, friend discharged from Marine BCT, couldn't sleep on his back, blood pouring from his ass, lip swelling up, spots all over his body, probably actually pissed his recruiter off.

Fast forward a year or so, friend discharged, living life, ect ect So this guy is trying to join the Airforce now, and he's not sure if NCOs/COs from other branches network or not. He really wants to serve in the armed forces. What are the chances of his former Marine recruiter being in contact with his Air Force recruiters? Is inner branch recruiter networking common?
>>
File: 1479599668843.png (636KB, 600x668px)
1479599668843.png
636KB, 600x668px
>>32108938
>No one gets reclassed if they fail RASP, unless they fail by breaking their spine or something.
Saying No one is a strong statement. And again, if you get injured itll happen.

>>32109055
No but i can give you a link and you can read.
CTN
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Pages/CTN.aspx
Best intel job, no ships.

Huge Power Gap

CTR
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Pages/CTR.aspx

CTT
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Pages/CTT.aspx

CTI
is completely different

CTM
Garbage

IT
Ok

IS
Ok
>>
>>32109139
>no ships
I'm not a pussy, I'd rather travel than sit in some shitty base on a desk for 4 years
>>
>>32109108
No.

But seriously Marines aren't stupid, don't care what memes you've heard.

He probably thought the guy wasn't worth his time.

>A friend has to ask

That's bitch nigger status. Not sure what to think here.
>>
>>32109139
>Saying No one is a strong statement. And again, if you get injured itll happen.

You're just making shit up and obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>32109189
>I'm not a pussy
What? It has nothing to do with being a pussy. CTNs can only do there job from an intel command. With that being said if you wanna be on a ship go CTR.

>>32109282
No I just realize policy changes over night and i dont wanna give some anon false hope.
>>
I recently graduated college and have an EE degree. I'm thinking about joining the military, because I can't find a job (never did an internship).

Could I use my degree at all in the military? Could I get any experience as an engineer and not as a technician?
>>
>>32110046
your degree allows you to commission as an officer. What was your GPA?
>>
>>32110106
It was 3.67/4.00. Would I get to do anything with my degree though?
>>
>>32110126
That depends. I know you could go nuke in the navy, but the work hours are long and the work intense.
http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/about-army-stem/engineering-jobs.html
https://www.navy.com/stem/engineering-careers.html
https://www.airforce.com/careers/detail/developmental-engineer
These should help you find a job you might like in the military

Or you could just say fuck it and become a pilot, but not everyone likes planes.
>>
File: 1322784597002.jpg (15KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1322784597002.jpg
15KB, 400x299px
Tfw graduated basic and heading to ait
>>
>>32088242
Heritage? LOL
Shut the fuck up and just join up.
Talk to us again when you are a few years in haha.
I'll bet you are a pussy and quite while even in bootcamp.

Btw, marines suck cock with pleasure and are animefags that sperg a lot. Source: former marine.
>>
Finished BCT in Fort Sill this past Wednesday, and I'm shipping to Fort Huachuca today to start AIT as a 35M.

Anyone have any relevant information about my AIT or Fort Huachuca?
>>
>>32111290

Fort Huachuca has a lot in common with most Army posts.

>Out in the middle of literally nowhere.
>Nearby slum town exists solely to provide tattoos, booze, and strippers to soldiers.
>Fucked up climate that is balls hot in the summer (middle of the Arizona desert), and frigid in the winter (you're up in the mountains).

That said, it's beautiful out there if you enjoy the outdoors, and they have the basic necessities. Most soldiers will tell you that they'd enjoy being stationed in Huachuca if they didn't have to deal with the AIT bullshit. AIT will suck, it won't suck much more or less than any other job's AIT. It's meant to suck, just deal with it and realize that things are usually better in "the real Army".

Standard advice applies for most 35* schools. They're built to be passed (except maybe 35Q), but if you're like most intel guys you're there because you didn't have to try in High School but didn't have good enough grades to actually get college scholarships. Learn how to study and do it. Don't get a fuckin' big head because you think you're James Bond. AIT mostly exists to give you a rough idea of what your MOS does, it doesn't train you up to the point where anyone is going to consider you an asset. Most of the valuable stuff you will learn at your first unit.

Don't do anything stupid either. You get a shitton more freedom in AIT than BCT, but people grab that rope and immediately hang themselves. Since you work intelligence it's easier to fuck your career up. Other job fields can afford to be dumbasses in AIT and walk away with an Article 15. If you do something stupid (underage drinking, drugs, etc), they're going to yank your clearance and make you a truck driver.
>>
>>32108034

AIT is a lot more chill than BCT. If you're squared away, fuck-fuck games are usually kept to a minimum.

See:
>>32111677
>>
>>32110046
>>32110126

You could certainly commission with that GPA/major, assuming your medical/criminal history are good, and you aren't fat.

Getting hands-on engineering experience though? Not likely as an officer. Shooting for a career is an option (one that most people don't succeed in), but will be difficult to find a role that allows you to come out of the military and remain current in your engineering field.

I don't know where your aptitudes are, but if you're interested in the network security/information security side of things, all of the branches have been growing their cyber components quite a bit over the last few years. A few years as an officer in one of the cyber fields + a CISSP will push you into a civilian career pretty well when combined with your EE degree. It may or may not give you the opportunity to do real engineering work though.
>>
Just graduated college, 3.33 GPA History Major/Poli Sci Minor/French Certificate.
Does the Army still want me or are they only interested in stem shit?
>>
>>32113390
The army gives no fucks about what your major is.
>>
>>32089917
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>32095593
Just call your recruiter. They probably just need to fill out a waiver.
>>
File: 1478609067004.jpg (82KB, 650x693px)
1478609067004.jpg
82KB, 650x693px
I talked to a Navy recruiter, filled out my SF86 and went to MEPS, only thing I didn't pass was the duck walk.
Then I decided I didn't want to join the Navy, and that the AF would be a better choice for me. I stopped talking to my Navy recruiter, ignored his calls/texts etc for about a month...

How much of a pain is it going to be to transfer all that shit to a different recruiter? Can the Navy guy just say "fuck you" and refuse to transfer it? I wouldn't mind filling out all the paperwork again, but I definitely don't want to go through MEPS again. Anyone have knowledge on switching branches in this way?
>>
>>32103555
Were you one of the guys from D 1-50? Graduated in July?
>>
>>32108034
I'm in gordon right now with 369th, you'll be with the 551st and they're queers. The platoon sergeants vary from drill wanna be's to chill as fuck dudes. The thing with gordon is that theres fuck all to do and its boring as fuck.
>>
>>32111696
Not in my case. AIT was far worse than Basic, at least for 13fox school.
>>
>>32087522
I am an absolute hopeless romantic and I want to find adventure, how much french do I need to know to join the Foreign Legion?

I'm in good shape and currently speak french at a kindergarten level.
>>
>>32115578

Nah I were F 2-58 and I graduated back in August. Got to Benning in June.
>>
>>32116456
You don't need to speak French, they teach it to you. If you already know elementary level you've got a foot up, the main thing you need to train is willpower (once you're strong enough to pass the tests); are you a bad enough dude to not desert when shit gets tough?

Do you just want to join for adventure? What country are you from?
>>
File: 1472462880415.jpg (100KB, 1009x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472462880415.jpg
100KB, 1009x1024px
If I want to become a SEAL, would they look at my medical records at any point unless I tip them off that something is wrong? I have some psychiatry documents saying that I had some self mutilation issues back as an edgy teenager. I recently learned that this is disqualifying. My recruiter already wants to see my records due to me mentioning that I used to take antidepressants and I was wondering if my best bet is to just find a new recruiter and keep my mouth shut.
>>
>>32110893
> it still sucks but sucks a little less.
>>
So I'm going through the process of joining the AF, and I go down to MEPS on Tues. However, I told my recruiter that I went through depression in my early teens, as well as a bit of cutting. I showed him my scars and I told him that I haven't had any depression or anxiety for years, which is mostly true. But he wants me to write out this statement detailing my depression, why I cut myself, but mostly emphasizing that I no longer have such thoughts.

Have I already fucked myself over, /k/?
>>
>>32098665
I'm a 35M. Feel free to ask any questions. Right now I'm at benning for training. Haven't yet been assigned a unit but I can answer basic questions about the pipeline.
>>
>>32094159
Fuck that shitposter
>>
>>32118215
I'm the nigga above you complaining about being a SEAL with a nearly identical issue. As far as I've seen, self harm is unwaiverable, but I talked to my friends marine recruiter and he said I may be able to join armed forces if I have no scars, am not on antidepressants, and have no 51/50s. I do have a 51/50 due to a mistake but he said if the background check turns up nothing I'm fine. So that's as much as I know
>>
Bored drunk enlisted POG in the army
MOS 94E trying to reclass to 11B
Ask any questions
>>
>>32117447

Find a new recruiter. He wants to know because if you get flagged for false enlistment and claim to have already told him about your depression he could be in trouble..
>>
>>32118683
You are drunk cock fag. Why would people ask questions?

You mean "any answers?"

In the Marines you'd goto SOI ITB, it's our MOS school. So whatever Army version of SOI ITB I imagine.
>>
>>32118715
Maybe some people don't want to be 18x super elite operator and just want to be a POG to get there gi bill I'm 3years active with no deployment
just seeing if anyone wanted to know about pog life man
>>
>>32118744
No but you wanna go 11b. I was an 0311, so not your branch but Infantry is Infantry.

If your active duty this shouldn't be hard. Not sure why you want too in peacetime, I'd just EAS and GI Bill.
>>
>>32118789
I just want a life change in pog land they try to treat you like a person but in reality I just want to be a number and be treated as such I'm really thinking 0311 because you guys are the yeah I know it sounds boot but the most well trained grunt force
>>
>>32118699
Do they look at my medical documents at any point though? MEPS? During security clearance?
>>
Any tips for Navy BCT?
How often do you PT in BCT?
>>
>>32119131
It's not too bad, just keep your head down and do what they say. PT is everyday, but it's easy. High school sports practice is harder than the PT they do.
>>
>>32119157
Seriously? I'm really bad at running, like I start struggling after a mile. I can knock out pushups/situps/pullups easy though. Will I be able to make it through?
>>
Do the people who get interviewed for TS agree to not tell you they got interviewed?

I submitted my paperwork like a month ago and no one says they've been contacted. I feel like there's something gone wrong
>>
>>32118865

How long are your safety briefings?

Does Sergeant make you a sissyboy?

t. combat arms
>>
>>32119272
Yeah just start running a lot and do push ups and sit ups. Also if you're overweight try to lose weight. It's harder to fail boot camp than to pass it.
>>
>>32119470
Im in the same boat as you are, I went t meps and a job that requires TS. From what I've read they don't start the TS clearance for like 6 months
>>
>>32119515
Are safety briefs are long for no reasons
And no I talked back to them and get article 15 for fighting back pog life...
>>
File: honk honk.jpg (125KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
honk honk.jpg
125KB, 1080x1080px
>>32118895
You have to claim to have never seen a doctor nor have insurance. Security clearance will make it tricky. For secret, it is unlikely. The most they will do is call your sources. As long as your sources aren't familiar with past depression you should be fine.

People that would make good sources would be teachers or former bosses. As they will often lead to dead ends when asked for more people that know you.

The other people they might call are your family. Just make sure they know to keep tight lipped if they do get a call. Losing clearance really fucking blows as they will likely have you swabbing decks.

Good luck, and don't sweat it. Once you're in, just focus on yourself. Don't think they will be nice to you if you fess up later on or during an interview. Noone like a liar who is also a pussy.
>>
I'm a total fucking idiot, what is the most shitkicker role I can get since I don't want to be in charge or responsible for anything important.
>>
>>32120167
BM/undes or any supply rate in the navy.
>>
File: 1420343539543.png (889KB, 774x809px) Image search: [Google]
1420343539543.png
889KB, 774x809px
Posted this in another thread but didn't get any replies:

What's life gonna be like as a 25U? If I get airborne will I likely end up in some high speed assignment? I just signed a 4 year AD contract as 25U but didn't want to wait around for an op. 4.

Also, how do I into 37F?
>>
>>32088095
There's something like 65-70 fast attacks, 14 boomers, and 4 GNs. But
BNs and GNs each have two crews, so as far as your odds of getting the orders you want, think of it as 70 fast boats, 28 boomers and 8 GNs. There's also more people on a BN/GN. So I'd say your just under 50% likely to get one of the two.

I'm an enlisted nuke on a boomer. The nuclear program definitely makes for a difficult life in a lot of ways. I hear surface officers have a pretty chill life. If you're set on submarines and nuclear, go for it though. I can tell you is not worth the money if you aren't really interested in the job
>>
>>32097208
I'm so sorry you chose nuke. Please for the love of god don't volunteer for subs. Nuke sucks no matter what but from what my friends on the surface tell me, carriers are way better than subs
>>
>>32097325
If you make it through school and go to a sub, odds are you are gonna spend your first year with 90+ hours per day on the boat trying to qualify while you're in port. When I was in quals, I woke up at 3am, got to the boat around 5, worked on quals until the work day started, worked with the division until usually 19 or so, then stayed until usually 21 or 22 working on quals. 4section duty if you're lucky, and on duty days I stayed up until about 02 getting checkouts, if I didn't have the midwatch. By the time I got home on non duty days I'd usually go straight to bed. By the end of the week the only thing keeping me awake was obscene amounts of caffeine and nicotine. If I didn't have weekend duty i usually slept in to like 3 in the afternoon making up for the sleep I lost during the week. Then I'd just try to unwind and go back to sleep by 10 or 11. During that time I was considered lazy only because despite how much i worked i was still behind in quals. Once you're qualified expect to so work 11 or 12 hour days, and still standing 3 or 4 section duty.

This is the perspective of Ediv on a submarine, every rate is slightly different, and I dont know much about the surface nukes.
>>
Which branch would be the best to enlist in if I want to become a doctor?
>>
>>32123179
>>32123179
>>32123179
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.