[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative Art/Stylization General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 112

File: succbloli_ftrop.jpg (398KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
succbloli_ftrop.jpg
398KB, 1000x1400px
Last thread: >>2929658

This thread is meant for artists who might want to try to make anime works in-between their studies. It is strongly recommended that you use this thread in conjunction with learning the elements and fundamentals of art. You can also discuss the visual elements of various professional artists as well if you keep it relatively articulate and civil.

Submit your drawings, receive feedback or critique others! Share your knowledge and remember to thank those who've critiqued or red-lined your drawings. Most importantly, have fun!

Fresh off the Mayflower? Then do yourself a flavor and check out /ic/s complementary subordinate sticky here:
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uwaXKU7ev6Tw_or__o8ARpUb6r2rCZYJGqwSFV9AD98/edit#bookmark=id.15jx3pyuimvj
---------
>Hitokaku Index
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~zm5s-nkmr/
>0033
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=59317
>List of active livestreams
Use twitch #creative
>fellowBro's books
http://mediafire.com/?i44dwzkf9j9n8
>Tutorial/Reference Collection
http://pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
>Japanese Tutorials
http://iradukai.com/
デジ絵の文法 playlist (fixed) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWyIMrWHN30&list=PL6dSbz05yTUL_zym3SiOxOgqq29XvOh48 [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.palmie.jp/ - twitter required for assigments
>Figures
http://reference.sketchdaily.net/
>Pose Practice
http://www.eggazyoutatsu.net/eng/atarichan.html

Have any suggestions on helpful resource links? Leave a comment anytime ITT and I will look into it.
>>
>>2934680
Do you have a blog?
>>
kill me
>>
File: ah.png (879KB, 921x1153px) Image search: [Google]
ah.png
879KB, 921x1153px
any crits?
>>
>>2934963
yeah your lines are sloppy as hell dude
>>
File: 9042017.jpg (285KB, 823x1169px) Image search: [Google]
9042017.jpg
285KB, 823x1169px
Trying to go for a classic painting kind of look with this one after I'm done throwing some more color variation in and blocking out the shapes properly.

>>2934963
Good skin tones but the lines look jarring and thick, might want to color them if you can. Also the top part of the hair looks a bit flat, could some a bit of puffing. Aside from that maybe some color blending.
>>
How do you guys do your lineart? I could use some tips
>>
>>2932573
have her a friend.
>>
File: Grouprs.jpg (578KB, 977x3126px) Image search: [Google]
Grouprs.jpg
578KB, 977x3126px
>>2935065
oops. forgot image.. dang.
>>
>>2935067
I love your stuff so fucking much. Silencer on the left girl looks out of perspective a bit though, too much of the barrel visible.
>>
>>2935067
>that bottom plane showing the thickness of her stylized
I should pop by these threads more often, this is some god tier shit.
>>
>>2935118
*stylized hair
>>
>>2935067
i think these are pretty cool anon! the only thing id like to point out is that the shapes inside the figures dont read too well because of the relatively unsaturated colors, the arm on the left figure kinda blends into her torso, along with the gun.
otherwise yet again proof that the people who are good at drawing are only in the alt threads kek
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (898KB, 1525x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
898KB, 1525x1075px
>>2935067
>>2935138
To add to this;

You have such nice shapes and angles in your design that not reinforcing that with your colours and values seems like a missed opportunity. I attempted a paintover to convey what I mean, it really doesn't need much doing as all the information is already there.
>>
>>2935106
>>2935118
>>2935138
>>2935144
I've been trying not to say anything, but I really don't get why you're sucking this guy's dick. Saturating a picture with hard angles, wrinkly clothes and hatching doesn't make something good.
There's a reason this type of stylization died out in the 90s.
>>
>>2935106
good point. but not only that, I think it's a bit off in every xyz axis direction... sadly.

>>2935118
Thanks.
some may see it 'meh' but to me that hair rendering is huge step forward. In my whole life I didn't understand the difference between brush opacity and brush flow. god knows how much I was stunned after learning that.

>>2935138
>>2935144
I agree. that's why I cheated using white outline. As you already ( and politely ) pointed out, my coloring is not quite excellent.
I see your version is a LOT better than mine in terms of readability. but I have minimum knowledge in color theory so I didn't fully understand why. I suspect because it has more contrast of value & saturation?
And also, is there a reason behind that subtle touch in background? I've seen many people doing that.
>>
>>2935067
Do you have a blog?

I haven't ben browsing /ic for a while and I think I lost your blog
>>
File: range.jpg (558KB, 1325x1635px) Image search: [Google]
range.jpg
558KB, 1325x1635px
>>2935158
Because I don't have the lines I just used a multiply layer for the shadows, picking a lighting hue similar to the colour of the object (light pink/purple for skin, light blue for jacket/jeans). It really is a simple matter of having more steps to the values to make the form read better - Attached Image covers that idea.

You don't need to over complicate something like colour for yourself and with your style you can get by with just asking yourself what colour the object is - then use a multiply layer with the colour of the ambient light (outside so sky blue, red room so red ambient). I could record my process colouring your lines properly if you wanted, it looks like it'd be fun to do. If you have a style in mind I'll emulate that.

No reason for the background, I was erasing your other character with a square brush.
>>
>>2935148
It died because disney and anime took over, sharp overdetailed stuff are barely done by anyone anymore and it's just a fucking shame. You just need to vary your taste man.
>>
>>2935196
Nah. Even in the 90s, it was only popular among edgy, urban teenagers.
>>
>>2935168
Old blog is closed for private reason. made new blog recently, which is : https://legochalk.tumblr.com/

>>2935174
> picking a lighting hue similar to the colour of the object.
I've knew that putting a plain gray scale as a shadow is no go. but I did focused solely on light color, not object color. which is obvious... now it seems :p
> If you have a style in mind
It's a matter of approach rather than a style. I really like Lab mode. and using normal/color/luminosity brush only. also I tend to suppress usage of shade lower than L 25 or higher than L 75, to make a pastel feeling. so when it comes to readability it gets tricky. I understand what you've teach me and I find it very useful, however It would be more fitting to rely heavily on chroma/saturation contrast rather than luminosity.
>>
>>2935198
I want to smell Akko's hair while groping her
>>
File: 17.png (648KB, 792x1233px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
648KB, 792x1233px
Another lamp goy, think I'm done with this shit for now. I really need to focus on linework more, it's all over the place.
>>
File: Quetzalcoatl_02 RS.png (901KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Quetzalcoatl_02 RS.png
901KB, 1500x1500px
So, how i did it?
>>
>>2934684
>64 hours
>they need 21,000
I'm sorry anon I would love to but I can't
>>
must... continue... practicing... must focus...
>>
File: randomgrill.jpg (179KB, 1258x1704px) Image search: [Google]
randomgrill.jpg
179KB, 1258x1704px
sailor outfits are great
>>
>>2935586
I like her hair.
>>
How do I create my own style? I got alot of fundamentals down, including basic anatomy, think its time for me to go to the next step.
How would I go about it on creating my own style?
>>
File: comm_2.png (1MB, 2473x1307px) Image search: [Google]
comm_2.png
1MB, 2473x1307px
A D&D character commission I recently finished. I think I've been getting better at lines, but I'm still struggling with lighting.

>>2935668
Style comes naturally. What happens is basically you subconsciously take the things you like from other artist's styles and cobble them together to make your own.
>>
>>2935676
or you could force style and laboriously make one up like sycra did, but thats not a good idea.
>>
>>2935676
I can't wait for it to come naturally, can't I do some exercises or something? Atleast with studying anatomy or perspective, I could actually study those. Copying a already drawn picture would feel wrong and not sure if it would help
>>
>>2935678
Why is it not a good idea? What did Sycra do?
>>
>>2935683
watch his videos , he can tell you. he goes on and on about it.
>>
File: image6.jpg (167KB, 347x532px) Image search: [Google]
image6.jpg
167KB, 347x532px
>>2935683
<this is an example of why its not a good idea...along with a lot of his other stuff.
>>
File: Psykos wip2.jpg (349KB, 1065x1018px) Image search: [Google]
Psykos wip2.jpg
349KB, 1065x1018px
>>2935681
Why can't you wait? From my experience you just end up naturally drawing in a way you prefer (which is pretty much a mix of existing ones), I'd say it's hard to call "your style" something that you're just pushing on yourself.
>>
>>2935683
but before you do that check out the vilppu drawing manual. you say you have fundies down but if you did you would know how to make a style. it becomes about creative choices
>>
>>2935681
Well, there aren't really exercises specifically for coming up with a style. It really seems like you're thinking of it completely wrong (and definitely overthinking it). You don't create or make a style, a style is just how you naturally draw. You don't make it or consciously wait for it, you just do it, and it evolves over time without you noticing. What do you like to draw? Robots? People? Monsters? Draw the things you like & draw the things you want to draw. Somebody's "style" is just how they personally interpret real-life things on paper in a way that is pleasing to their eye.
Think of your favorite artists. What kind of art styles do you like? Semi-realism? Western cartoons? Anime? French cartoons? Whatever you like, think about why you like it, and bring in elements of those art styles into your own. That's why most of the people who have been drawing since they were a kid don't really have trouble "creating" a style...They've been subconsciously emulating their favorite artists for years. And remember the difference between "stealing" and "stealing like an artist" is remixing and transforming instead of straight up plagiarizing.
Don't try to force it, just draw the things you want to draw. It'll come to you.
>>
>>2935683
Sycra deliberately developed a style with a great deal of thought and practice.

People don't like the style he came up with so they talk shit about him constantly.
>>
>>2935693
Lol, that does look awful, granted I got a brain that will tell straight away if something "looks off", so I am not too bothered that would happen to me if I would push a style
>>2935696
I follow some artists that completely have changed their style ( in a good way ) in just under a few months. Its something im aiming as well right now, I've been sprinting through fundamentals, and don't want to have a huge stop just to develop a style, as I still need to master other stuff such as painting.
>>2935699
I'll check that out, thanks. Atm I can kind of "push" my own style, or something I remotely like, but that only happens when I end up drawing atleast 40minutes on a face, editing everything all the time, trying all different stuffs. I don't think 40minutes is efficient though for just one face, why i want faster way.
>>2935701
Thanks for the post, I always thought that those "kids" who drew from their favourite artists were always shunned on /ic/ because they draw like autistic deviantart artists with no grasp on fundamentals. But since I already know fundamentals, i'll try the copying method, I already got a vague idea on what direction I want my style to go towards, and know just the artists to look to.
>>2935706
Can't believe how he didn't give up on drawing, I tried developing my own style the past week and it requires a fuckton of concentration and time. Something I never want to try again.
>>
>>2935706
if by lots of thought you mean "i like pointy things"
then yeah. he went on with this idea until he realized "wait....my style is based on concaves....thats not good because there are no concaves on human figure"
and decided to try to find a work around and just stuck to the same idea.
>>
>>2935706
>People don't like the style he came up with so they talk shit about him constantly.
People don't like his style because it's shit. When one of the most common complaints about a person's style is that it looks weird or wrong, then it's not a good style.
There are plenty of styles I don't like, but I still give them credit if it's competently done and consistent. For example, I don't like the style of whoever does the Gorillaz art, but I can still see why it's popular with other people and that it's thematically and technically well done.
With Sycra, it's not about personal taste, but the fact that it doesn't look right.
>>
>>2935664
thanks anon
>>
File: slipperyslope.jpg (228KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
slipperyslope.jpg
228KB, 600x1000px
I tried doodling a lewd and I'm already regretting it
>>
>>2935849
flip image. jaw looks strange in the chin to ear region. the eye on our left is too close to the nose, when you fix the jaw move the nose and right eye over to the right and the to fix that. right eye could come down just a bit
>>
File: 64685656.jpg (96KB, 775x1000px) Image search: [Google]
64685656.jpg
96KB, 775x1000px
any critique before I start with the linework?
>>
>>2935849
Did someone cum on his face, whytthe cum droplets?
>>
>>2935902
Draw real person in that pose before doing animu girl in it. You'll understand whats going on in the pose, then you'll know how to make this pose really pop!

If this is practice good on ya mate, if not go study!
>>
>>2935716
>Thanks for the post, I always thought that those "kids" who drew from their favourite artists were always shunned on /ic/ because they draw like autistic deviantart artists with no grasp on fundamentals. But since I already know fundamentals, i'll try the copying method, I already got a vague idea on what direction I want my style to go towards, and know just the artists to look to.
90% of us copied other artists when we were kids. I would spend hours trying to recreate my favorite video game & album covers when I was 10...It'd be seriously ridiculous to shun kids for being kids, especially since those experiences make us what we are today.
>>
>>2935902

Notice how the perspective distortion on the knees is far more dramatic compared to the shoulders and hips.

Also try getting the tips of her shoes to line up cus it looks kinda off now like shes in a mid-walk shot.

I don't know if you're already doing this, but you should start your poses from the top most point and bottom most like in a box to control proportion more easily and have more consistent perspective.
>>
>>2935696
What is your secret? The shading? The lines? Help.
>>
>>2936244
it looks as if its a good combo of smooth good line work (thick and thin) combined with good anatomy and forms . practice is the word you seek.
>>
File: shut ur face.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shut ur face.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>2936247
Fuck this practice meme, I need to know the secrets.
>>
>>2936252
but its the ultimate secret.....the one the schools dont want you to know!
>>
File: pokemen2.jpg (111KB, 644x908px) Image search: [Google]
pokemen2.jpg
111KB, 644x908px
>>
File: edabhdrh.png (585KB, 613x1037px) Image search: [Google]
edabhdrh.png
585KB, 613x1037px
>>2936339
nice butt
>>
>>2935676

How do you know what colors to choose for the highlights and in betweens?
>>
File: Figure practice.jpg (251KB, 852x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Figure practice.jpg
251KB, 852x1000px
>>2936353
>>2936339
nice work you two
>>
>>2936353

pls draw salama next
>>
File: randomgrill2.jpg (251KB, 1749x1776px) Image search: [Google]
randomgrill2.jpg
251KB, 1749x1776px
>>2935586
>>
is the hand placement too unnatural?
does her arm block too much of his sick abs?
will adults ever see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast gunch?
>>
>>2936512
Well, I tried to do the same pose for the hand and I just can't, so your guess. I don't feel it looks bad in itself but if you want to show off more the abs then just draw another pose.
>>
>>2936512
If she were rotated more, her hand would work there. But the wrist doesn't rotate enough for that to be possible.
>>
>>2936512
why does she have bunny ears but no bunny ears?
>>
File: 7987134.jpg (64KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7987134.jpg
64KB, 1440x1080px
>>2936570
*bunny teeth, fuck
>>
so if i wanted to draw cute anime girls the practice order would be

poses > face > expressions > upper body/torso + arms > lower body/legs + feet > shading > coloring
for many years?
>>
>>2936339
Blog?
>>
>>2936626
Just take it easy, see where your lacking the most and practice that. No need to follow a "strict" schedule
>>
>>2936375
I'm still trying to get better at that, but what I do is I just take the base color, then move the color wheel slider more towards the color of the light (in this case, orangeish) and lighten it, and for the shadow I move it in the opposite direction and darken it. So with his skin, for example, I moved the orange more towards yellow for the highlight and then for the shadow I moved it more towards purple. For the in-betweens (you mean the dark parts at the edge of the shadows, right?) I just use a slightly darker, more saturated version of the shadow color.
It's better to play with the color wheel a bit for shadows and highlights if you want it to pop, instead of just using the same hue with a darker value...Purple shadows and orange highlights for red, blue shadows and yellowish highlights for green, etc.
>>
>>2936629
I lack in everything.
However, I will take your word for it and continue practicing.
I want to make it.
>>
>>2936633
drawing is a skill you keep developing, theres no stage where you've mastered it all
just keep drawing, and regularly watch your favourite artists's drawings, see what you like, understand how they did it that way, and try to imitate it yourself. Also youtube tutorials on stuff like shading and stuff is nice as well
>>
>>2936339
beautiful! gorgeous work anon.
>>
File: Oz2Y56U.png (699KB, 901x569px) Image search: [Google]
Oz2Y56U.png
699KB, 901x569px
>>2936515
>>2936564
dang, y'all're right, it feels so wrong/off when i look at the arm now :c

>>2936570
>>2936572
is okay friend, i make ton of typey mistake too. she's actually not a bunny but a squirrel, sandy from spongebob. the two guys in the back are gonna be pic related
i haven't drawn her ear (only one is visible from this angle thanks to hair) because i get distracted an hop around to different parts of the image
>>
>>2936512
Don't you think you went too far with the waist? Even her arm is thicker.
>>
File: portrait.jpg (224KB, 500x788px) Image search: [Google]
portrait.jpg
224KB, 500x788px
lazy doodle
>>
File: 1Fp5UDS.png (633KB, 854x358px) Image search: [Google]
1Fp5UDS.png
633KB, 854x358px
>>2936745
been trying to get more playful and cartoony with my proportions, make things more exaggerated.
you are right tho, i have a bad habit of making waists/torsos way too narrow on my more petite and feminine characters (makes the hips look larger without having to go overboard (overboard being what i reserve for characters i want to have massive hips))
i should at least make the arms a a bit thinner when i redraw them if not change the ratios of the midsection a bit
>>
File: Sorceress (1).png (115KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress (1).png
115KB, 749x1000px
Any feedback senpai?
>>
File: hks2.jpg (187KB, 750x1022px) Image search: [Google]
hks2.jpg
187KB, 750x1022px
>>
>>2936811
Looking pretty sick. The only thing that bugs me is that right arm. Why is the upper arm so short?
FIX THIS
>>
File: dragon.png (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.png
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>
>>2936829
What?
I looks horribly stiff and unnatural, the construction is shoddy and amatuerish, there tons of perspective contradictions and clear lack of understanding when it comes to tons of basics

Dont suck people off just to suck people off. This isnt tumblr, we want people to actually improve.
Fucking board is being flooded by newfags all of the sudden
>>
>>2936839
>stiff and unnatural
>ametuerish
>perspective contradictions
>lack of basic understanding
I can throw out big words too. Why don't you point out /specifically/ what's wrong in the picture if you want to have them improve? Otherwise I've already done more than you lmao
>>
>>2936849
To be fair, that picture does look stiff. And it is a pretty specific issue.
>>
>>2936860
I'll agree it's rather stiff. The flow of the clothing may or may not help some of it.
>>
>>2936839
>>2936849
>>2936860
>>2936867

Ok, that's all interesting.

It's amateurish because...

>I'm an amateur

I see what you're saying with the right arm.

Can you actually point out the contradictions in perspective? I'd be interested to see them.

I set up the pose with a basic curve and a basic silhouette... How would you loosen it up and make it less "stiff" ?
>>
>>2936880
Well since I'm the only one making actual comments other than a sophisticated wording of "lol it's bad", I'd say that you could make it less stiff by moving the right leg out more and see if you like that, or change the angle of the head. Also unrelated but I hope you flatten the left foot a bit too so that it doesn't look slanted/like she's on her tiptoes in an awkward way.
>>
File: 286.jpg (526KB, 1100x1359px) Image search: [Google]
286.jpg
526KB, 1100x1359px
Hope the style doesn't really matter bc I wouldn't consider my stuff anime. Loving a lot of your guys work!
>>
File: sketch.png (376KB, 650x874px) Image search: [Google]
sketch.png
376KB, 650x874px
Checks on anatomy/flow or anything awkward for this sketch please? Sorry if it looks messy, lots of fur and feathering and hair in there.
>>
>>2935676
Hey man, I love your colors. Do you have a blog?
>>
File: SorceressFixed 2.png (130KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SorceressFixed 2.png
130KB, 749x1000px
>>2936888
>>
>>2934963
Just like others said

your lines are chicken scratch
you need few gesture exercises to earn confidency

also use blending/smudge
>>
>>2936914
>>2936888

Fixed the right arm and hand as best I could.

I'll scrub out a new layer and see if I can't do something with the legs.
>>
File: 287.jpg (346KB, 727x874px) Image search: [Google]
287.jpg
346KB, 727x874px
>>2936896
Not a bad job anon. Just remember to think about the muscles underneath. strongly recommend studying bridgman. Something I like to keep in mind is that the curve of the deltoid ends where the curves of the pecs end. hope it helps
>>
>>2936926
Will try to edit the muscles more clearly, ty. I'm too used to drawing women baka
>>
>>2936849
Repeating what ive said is not doing more than me you fucking retarded faggot cunt.
Ive already provided you with the tools to improve the image. Read what i wrote and then google how to fucking fix it . Read the sticky.

Im getting so sick of whores like you that want to be spoon fed everything, shit like that doesnt even need a redline. Just READ YOU FUCKING APE
>>
>>2937001

You're ripping on the wrong guy, he was just helping.

He identified specific problems, I fixed them in post related...

>>2936914

I tried to address your concerns about perspective contradiction - Re-did some of the construction lines and added the horizon for reference.

Would you mind being more specific?

I read the sticky, that much should be obvious in the construction.

I told you how I constructed the gesture / pose.

I'm not asking for spoon feeding, I'm asking for another set of skilled eyes to see what mine cannot yet see.
>>
File: SorceressFixed 3.png (125KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SorceressFixed 3.png
125KB, 749x1000px
>>2937027
>>2937001
>>2936919
>>2936914
>>2936888

Re-did the legs this time.
>>
File: Psykos.jpg (970KB, 1255x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Psykos.jpg
970KB, 1255x1200px
>>2935696
Alright, done.
>>2936244
I'm not sure I understand the question.
>>
>>2937129
the nose looks kind of off imo. The face as a whole seems to not really fit with the rest of the drawing. But the nose is bothering me the most
>>
>>2937129
I know damn well you understand it, just don't wanna spill the secret. You are all selfish.
>>
>>2937168
The secret is to git gut.
>>
>>2937159
Agreed, it's like the nose was drawn for another style. It's too two-dimensional.
>>
>>2937159
actually led me add, in only grey the piece looked really good to me, but looking at it now, the left breast (her right), looks a little flat somehow, and her hand looks really ugly, the fingers end too pointy and her palm looks like the wrong shape, and looking at how tight the suit is, the wrinkles at the start of the breast?(sry not a native speaker) look kind of wrong.

However I really like your style, kind of reminds me of kyle. Your anatomy looks pretty good though, i like the way you draw the abs and back. Perspective seems quite solid too. Keep going i like your stuff
>>
File: t.jpg (53KB, 400x711px) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
53KB, 400x711px
>>
File: h.jpg (64KB, 400x711px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
64KB, 400x711px
>>
File: r.jpg (66KB, 400x711px) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
66KB, 400x711px
>>
soz for the spamage
>>
>>2936894
The proportions are mostly realistic except her big head, which doesn't work. Really cool otherwise.

>>2937217
what are you doing
>>
>>2936894
d('-'d)
>>
>>2937217
Oh nice, it's you again. Looks good, but you won't make it without full body poses.
>>
File: Sorceress.png (384KB, 2048x2732px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress.png
384KB, 2048x2732px
>>2937068

And inked.
>>
File: Majora's_Mask_Artwork.png (161KB, 426x382px) Image search: [Google]
Majora's_Mask_Artwork.png
161KB, 426x382px
>>2937353
>dat face
>>
>>2937353
Looks so flat
>>
some sketches from a while back. been artblocked
>>
>>2937412

Fuck.

I tried.

Tomorrow is another day...
>>
>>2937480
>>
>>2937480
Get used to it faggot.
>>
>>2937484
so cute.. I don't normally ask this question, but do you happen to know the artist who drew this comic strip?
>>
>>2936910
Sure. It's artbygrim on tumblr.
>>
>>2937498
>Katsuwo
Manga name is
>Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu
>>
File: aut_res.jpg (188KB, 700x912px) Image search: [Google]
aut_res.jpg
188KB, 700x912px
help
>>
>>2937518
thanks dude!
>>
>>2937527
the shadow under her chin is causing a funny effect where it makes her look like her necks a weird shape. i can't remember the /ic/ word for it..tangent?
>>
>>2935909
>>2936215

got it. thank you
>>
>>2937410

Didn't see it sober. Can't unsee it now.
>>
>>2937215
>>
>>2937527
amazing, blog?
>>
File: Sorceress.png (67KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress.png
67KB, 749x1000px
>>2937410
>>2937412
>>2937480
>>2937488

Fuck it. One more try then I'll throw away the empty bottle and go to bed.

Fixed the face... I think.

I'd really like feedback... That's all I've been asking for.
>>
File: Brown and Green.png (538KB, 995x1590px) Image search: [Google]
Brown and Green.png
538KB, 995x1590px
Let me know what you think could be improved.
>>
>>2934963
Learn the anatomy of noses, the bulbous way you shape it is unappealing.

>>2935006
Her head shape is awkward and her jaw is too far back. Makes her uncanny. Learn head fundamentals.

>>2935335
Your head shape is wonky. Heads aren't perfect circles from the front, they're like spheres that have the left a right sides cut off a little. Arms are also too small and body is generally misshapen. Go back to all of your fundamentals before trying to stylize
>>
>>2937700
The noodle hanging off her shoulder
>>
File: katrina_kareena_anushka[1].jpg (129KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
katrina_kareena_anushka[1].jpg
129KB, 600x450px
>>2937651
I don't understand what her right hand is doing. Seems like it would be more natural to have her hand gripping her hip with the thumb behind.
>>
>>2937651
Firezz, your shit is ugly as always, stop drawing..
>>
>>2937527
Sup with the noodle neck?
>>
>>2937700
Everything but her eye and thighs are in perspective. Fix it.
>>
>>2937700
Looks neat. Did you use reference for this? The foreshortening looks surprisingly accurate despite the heavy stylization, from the thumbnail at least. But yeah as the other anon probably tried to say, you should add some more structure and at least indicate a little bit of surface anatomy to the figure. Also wouldn't hurt to add some straights against all those curved forms.
>>
File: 7JIKgKq.jpg (218KB, 1085x960px) Image search: [Google]
7JIKgKq.jpg
218KB, 1085x960px
>>2937735
Here's the reference I used.

What do you think I should add to indicate surface anatomy? More pronounced shading?
>>
File: meguca.jpg (35KB, 341x770px) Image search: [Google]
meguca.jpg
35KB, 341x770px
>>2936677
>>2936397
>>2936353
thank you!
>>2936627
http://magicoreo11.tumblr.com/
>>
File: Untitled-125.png (849KB, 1600x2184px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-125.png
849KB, 1600x2184px
>>
>>2937725

... Oh.

I see it.
>>
>>2934680

Wtf? MODS
>>
File: genie dance meme.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
genie dance meme.png
17KB, 600x600px
critiques?
>>
File: Sorceress (1).png (67KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress (1).png
67KB, 749x1000px
>>2937725

'Bout like that?
>>
>>2937562
No, a tangent is when a line from one thing appears to connect to a line from something else(i.e. if the line of one of the fingers matches up with the line and the face and it looked like one continuous line).

You are right that it looks weird, though.
>>
File: Untitled_Artwork-1.png (107KB, 899x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_Artwork-1.png
107KB, 899x1200px
>>2937919

Ah, fuck it... Got bored.
>>
File: wip.jpg (115KB, 1593x1983px) Image search: [Google]
wip.jpg
115KB, 1593x1983px
Any help with construction? She's supposed to be on a bed.
>>
>>2937215
I really like this style, the eyes always have a very unique alluring sense to them.
>>
>>2935676
Do you use Photoshop or Sai?
>>
>>2937651
>>2937919
>>2938160
shameless tracing or you seriously ahve some sort of retardness

it's too extreme, you're drawing the boots following form correctly while pasting symbols on the face, can't you just draw on another layer an accurate mesh on the face before doing details
>>
>>2938339

It's laziness actually...

I took a shortcut and pulled the eyes from the ink layer of my previous drawing, copied them at a different angle as best I could, but they're flat and basic as fuck.

Just scroll up if you want to look at the construction / earlier stages.

I'm an amateur, and I am still struggling badly with symbol drawing on faces.

I can't draw a nose or mouth to save my life, and my eyes are not much better

Basic forms are easy. A child could draw the boots, or the body, or the wall.

The tutorials are not helpful regarding facial features.
>>
>>2938339
>>2938422
Here,

>>2936811

Post related is first construction where I suggested the edges of the facial features.

>>2937353

Post related is the first face I was willing to finalize, and it's fucking god awful.

I can "construct" lips and noses on their own on paper, but they look shitty every time.

Eventually I reduced the balance of the facial features to mere suggestions out of frustration.
>>
File: mesh_it.jpg (156KB, 891x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mesh_it.jpg
156KB, 891x1000px
>>2938422
>>
>>2937217
Her eyes are falling out her literal alien head.

Do her a favour and just end her.
>>
>>2938454
Eye too close to ear.
>>
>>2934963
Give up now while you have time and get into STEM

>>2935006
Same to you

>>2935067
Good shit

>>2935327
Stop

>>2935335
Wasting your time

>>2935586
Good

>>2935676
Great

>>2935696
Excellent

>>2935849
Stop

>>2935902
Good

>>2936896
What're you even doing.
>>
>>2938478
post your work.
>>
>>2938467
post your work faggot
>>
>>2938479
>>2934856
>>
>>2938487
post your work.
>>
>>2938489
Post your work.
>>
File: Sorceress_Fire (1).png (156KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress_Fire (1).png
156KB, 749x1000px
>>2938454

Thank you so much. That's transformative.

I'll give it a try this time around.

Related publications? Anything to read?
>>
>>2938499

I'm gonna scrub out the little suggestions I shotgunned onto that head shape and try this "meshing."
>>
>>2938499

I know that arm hole... among many other things... needs fixed...
>>
>>2938499
Youre really getting ahead of yourself with these "constructed" drawings.
>>
File: level_that_shit_up.jpg (111KB, 376x356px) Image search: [Google]
level_that_shit_up.jpg
111KB, 376x356px
>>2938499
>>
>>2936505
I kinda like your style. Got a place where you dump your stuff?
>>
File: Sorceress_Fire.png (141KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress_Fire.png
141KB, 749x1000px
>>2938499

Kinda like this?
>>
>>2938554

> I still have to fix that left arm too
>>
File: never_enugh.jpg (159KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
never_enugh.jpg
159KB, 700x700px
>>2938554
yup, now draw on top with that understanding, you'll do better instantly
to avoid symbols on the eyes, scribble them first just to place things in an abstract way, then put the details on top

if you go for details without ground, things crumble
>>
>>2938565

You made my day anon.
>>
>>2938299
I use SAI
>>
File: DreamsOfAdolfHitler.jpg (88KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DreamsOfAdolfHitler.jpg
88KB, 749x1000px
>>2937919
Tiddies.
>>
File: Sorceress_Fire (1).png (141KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress_Fire (1).png
141KB, 749x1000px
>>2938565

Ok, Here's what I came up with...

...Something seems off, I scrubbed and re-did it a few times, took a break...

...Can't put my finger on it.

>>2938606

Well, that's one way to do her... Haha... Guess I did post her on 4Chan after all.
>>
File: virgo wip.png (258KB, 799x1200px) Image search: [Google]
virgo wip.png
258KB, 799x1200px
can i get some feedback on this?im going for that two toned webtoon coloring.
>>
>>2938454
lol nice try faggot you still got it wrong
>>
>>2938655
use references when you're clueless

eyes should be fixed to a reasonable ratio, there are rules behind cartoony animu faces for looking good
learn the proportions and apply that knowledge everytime, these proportions are easier to automate later on once you just start truly doing it
>>
>>2938690
>>
>>2938690
Not gonna lie, this is a terrible guide. These threads only seem to get worse and worse as time goes on.
>>
>>2938742
post your work
>>
File: 14920428959131326349616.jpg (266KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
14920428959131326349616.jpg
266KB, 480x640px
>>2934680
I'm supposed to be reading Hampton but I felt like finishing something for once. What does alt think?
>>
>>2938752
Get better taste fagmo
>>
>>2938760
you can't draw, dorkazoid
>>
File: nya.png (257KB, 715x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nya.png
257KB, 715x1200px
Can I have some crit on this sketch? I wanna draw sexy stuff but I ain't good enough to draw actual porn :(
>>
File: 드래곤 스케치.jpg (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
드래곤 스케치.jpg
2MB, 3000x3000px
hello
this is quick sketch i did
>>
File: 용 스케치.png (557KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
용 스케치.png
557KB, 1000x1000px
hello
sorry for big size, i am new
>>
>>2938795
The way they are positioned makes the pillow look like a backpack
>>
>>2938795
It looks like you are from what I'm seeing. You should post more, I like your style there's something girly about it.
>>
>>2938680
Going for a Jojo-ish style I presume? If that's the case I think you did alright on that front, but you have some issues.
First off is the colors, they look very dull but not in a pleasing way. For one, try changing up the hues of your shadows some more, these look very grey, which doesn't fit with the colorful background. Secondly, why is the background purple with cyan polka dots? Those two colors just don't have much harmony with each other, and just look kinda weird here. Try to think out every color choice you make, why are you using this color as opposed to every other color in the rainbow?
Lastly, the lineart feels very shaky. If your art program has a stabilizer on it, you might want to play with that, otherwise practice making more long smooth strokes.
>>
>>2938804
I like this anon
>>
>>2938801
>>2938804
You're doing good work, dude. Fix the dragon's shoulder, it looks like Mr. Hero dislocated it with his weight. And try going for neutral file names, being Taiwanjapanchinfiliasianpingpongese will earn you attention, but not critiques. Note how one arm is longer than the other, specifically, Mr. Heroman. Unless light bends over for his dick, it's not symmetrical.
>>
File: Rattlebones.jpg (388KB, 934x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Rattlebones.jpg
388KB, 934x1000px
>>
>>2938811
thank you for giving me a response,ill look into the stabilizer and look into colors more
>>
File: 111111.png (425KB, 800x982px) Image search: [Google]
111111.png
425KB, 800x982px
>>2934680
help
>>
>>2938873
thank you!
i will fix this and study more, thank you sir
>>
>>2938883
This is oddly nostalgic. This reminds me of the classroom games on Newgrounds
>>
>>2938801
yong sket chi

duh rah gon sket chi
>>
File: chancel n margay.jpg (3MB, 2182x1371px) Image search: [Google]
chancel n margay.jpg
3MB, 2182x1371px
>>2938808
Lol, I guess it does. The pillow was added midway through because she looked like she was floating and I suppose it shows. I'll try to think these things better next time.

>>2938810
Thanks, My main difficulty with smut is with posing multiple characters interacting which is most of my attempts coming out looking pretty bad. I've been trying to practice with stuff like pic related.
>>
>>2938910
from the thumbnail of this i thought she was giving him a hand job. i was wrong.
>>
File: edit.png (565KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
edit.png
565KB, 1000x1000px
>>2938889
>>
>>2938910
I like your style and its not even anime looking pls post more. Do you have a blog?
>>
File: loomis strikes again.jpg (18KB, 252x365px) Image search: [Google]
loomis strikes again.jpg
18KB, 252x365px
>>2938889
I like the idea of the rim light you have but I think it's a little too much especially on his coat thing. Technically I messed up a little as the the highlight should be coming from the top left instead of the bottom left of the eye because the rest of the lighting seems to be pointing in that direction. It helps to know the planes of the face in simple terms so you know how to light it. Since a change in plane= change in value you should really try to make all your values different even if they're subtle. I also didn't know if the blue mound under his neck was scarf or just a weirdly colored part of his coat, so I just fixed the lighting and left it as is. If isn't part of his coat then I'd suggest making the scarf slightly more saturated or change the local value of the scarf a lot to add some contrast to it.
>>
>>2938954
anon I think that isn't his drawing, It's probably an artist that he's trying to emulate
>>
>>2938968
Go suck a dick, Mike.
>>
>>2937706
>the bulbous way you shape it is unappealing

Some people have bulbous noses, anon. It looks fine.
>>
File: choir watercolor s.jpg (2MB, 1000x1441px) Image search: [Google]
choir watercolor s.jpg
2MB, 1000x1441px
>>2938954
Thanks! Here's my hastily thrown together Tumblr blog: https://nessiefynnart.tumblr.com/

>>2938968
Nah, it's mine.
>>
>>2938991
How do you paint so neatly?
>>
>>2939002
lol it's called coloring inside the lines dumbass
>>
File: hahaha.gif (491KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.gif
491KB, 260x146px
>>2939002
>>2939006
This is why I love this site
>>
>>2939006
>tfw was that kid that couldn't stay within the lines
Shit
>>
>>2938801
you cant even put that amount of lines in 10 minutes retard. stop being so insecure
>>
File: Untitled-126.png (226KB, 618x894px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-126.png
226KB, 618x894px
>>
>>2939023
How did you come up with your style
Especially the eyes
>>
>>2939025
I stole, I stole everything.
The eyes are from a guy called Manicpaint, the colors are from one of my friends and it's mostly inspired in a guy called The-Pink-Pirate.

But you can blame me for that, I'm half Latin and half black, that's on my blood.
>>
File: MagicOrgasmic.png (145KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
MagicOrgasmic.png
145KB, 800x1100px
>>2938655
>>
File: Sorceress_Fire (1).png (88KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress_Fire (1).png
88KB, 749x1000px
>>2939051
>>2939051

Funny how minor changes tranform the whole character.

I'm thrilled that you took the time. Looking at your adaptations is helping me learn a lot.

This is the product that I inked earlier in the evening, I'll revisit it tomorrow. Something is still bugging me with the face, hair, and left arm/hand.
>>
File: Untitled-127.png (538KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-127.png
538KB, 1200x1800px
I think I manage to come up with some cartoon looking foot that don't look like hooves, and I'm getting a little better in understanding the light in this style.
>>
>>2939034

good artists copy, great artists steal. at least that's what picasso said, though he was latin too so hmmmm.
>>
File: 13042017.png (831KB, 823x1169px) Image search: [Google]
13042017.png
831KB, 823x1169px
>>2935006
>>2937706
Oop, fixed the head shape some, I went with a 3/4 view at the start and kinda forgot to rebuild.
>>
>>2939112
it's way too sloppy, think about line-weight and edges
>>
File: Red_Line.jpg (342KB, 996x1096px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Line.jpg
342KB, 996x1096px
>>2939101
>>
>>2939133
Looks better but the nose is too low and the mouth is too small
>>
>>2938983
Well then they need to make the nostrils match the nose
>>
>>2939025
Read a lot of Garfield
>>
File: ss (2017-04-13 at 12.31.12).png (91KB, 424x746px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-04-13 at 12.31.12).png
91KB, 424x746px
Is there a discord for anime art? I just want an art circle..
>>
File: Anne character design.jpg (91KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Anne character design.jpg
91KB, 667x1000px
initial character design for a comic. I don't like the shape design so i'm gonna be exploring that as well. And yes i'm aware that the anatomy is wrong.
>>
>>2939224
Doesn't look like a design, looks like basic construction for a design. What are you going for?
>>
File: 61a+vCN+aRL.jpg (127KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
61a+vCN+aRL.jpg
127KB, 1000x707px
>>2939226
Well even basic constructions have design. For example, if you look at yoh yoshinari works, even basic constructions have appealing silhouttes. I want to make sure I get that part down before moving on to the clothing
>>
I go to great lengths to not draw faces
>>
>>2939231
I don't think I understand what you mean by that? I also love yoshinari btw.
>>
File: inku.png (142KB, 443x623px) Image search: [Google]
inku.png
142KB, 443x623px
>>2939215
Just make one yourself, dude
I'll join so you won't be alone
>>
>>2939051
stop right here, criminal scoom
>>
>>2937129
went from good to deviant art tier. Wtf are those shitty colors my dude
>>
File: Untitled_Artwork-2.png (188KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_Artwork-2.png
188KB, 749x1000px
>>2939153

Thankyouthankyou!! :3
>>
>>2939207
kek
>D.VAFIIIIELLD
>>
>>2939224
There's nothing characteristic about this character as it's just a body so I wouldn't call it a design. Where are your other sketches? If it's a design you should have come up with other ideas on appearances too. The only thing that could be noteworthy of design is the head appearance.

If you're trying to use shape design as a way of referring to how the body silhouettes look then I wouldn't call it any sort of design. Yoshinari's style appeal comes from his mastery of drawing the figure and his ability to convey gesture. Silhouettes are secondary to shape and gesture.

If appealing looking bodies is what you want, focus less on designing a character and crank out some Vilppu before you do so.
>>
File: never_enughf.jpg (625KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
never_enughf.jpg
625KB, 1080x1080px
dunno how could I live without lazy nezumi ffs
>>2938565
fanart of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-cE31CXx_w
>>
File: haidomos behind you.png (1MB, 1184x943px) Image search: [Google]
haidomos behind you.png
1MB, 1184x943px
>>2939513
Ai-chan is my waifu.
>>
>>2939215
They never last because someone decides to be an asshole and wants to talks shit about someone else and it becomes a giant clique circle jerk. Then they break off and you're left with a shell of what you once wanted
>>
>>2939023
How does she run and not trip over herself?
>>
>>2939513
I kinda like Kizuna Ai. The improvisation actually adds a lot of personality to the character unlike fully scripted characters, and the shilling seems to be mostly self-aware.
>>
>>2939537
Just ban malaysia, and the problem should disappear.
>>
File: hks2.jpg (138KB, 750x1022px) Image search: [Google]
hks2.jpg
138KB, 750x1022px
>>2939309
super cute and sporty, do you have a page that i can follow you?
>>
>>2939490
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyXVjCJHjxY

You don't need to add clothing and props to have a design for the character. The initial body should have a readable design.

>There's nothing characteristic about this character as it's just a body so I wouldn't call it a design

Yes, and that's exactly what I intend on exploring. Making her body readable

>Where are your other sketches? If it's a design you should have come up with other ideas on appearances too

I literally wrote that this is my initial design as in these are my very first sketches.

>Yoshinari's style appeal comes from his mastery of drawing the figure and his ability to convey gesture

You don't need to master anatomy to have readable shapes.

>focus less on designing a character and crank out some Vilppu before you do so.

For one thing, I don't even like vilppu's work. If you're saying you need to study anatomy more before designing a character well, I mean I could study anatomy forever. There is no point in trying to "master" anatomy before taking on creative projects.
>>
>>2939660
If the body is generic there isn't much point in showing off the "design" of it, might as well directly go with the clothed set.
>>
>>2939669
But I plan on changing the body?
>>
>>2939660
I can't tell if you're a troll or just autistic.
>>
File: asas.jpg (419KB, 921x1241px) Image search: [Google]
asas.jpg
419KB, 921x1241px
>>
File: photo 1.jpg (626KB, 968x1296px) Image search: [Google]
photo 1.jpg
626KB, 968x1296px
>>2939737

&
>>
File: Nemi_by_parada69.jpg (3MB, 3300x3870px) Image search: [Google]
Nemi_by_parada69.jpg
3MB, 3300x3870px
Advice please
>>
>>2939756
Learn to draw hands
>>
File: Gill_by_parada69.jpg (4MB, 3300x3942px) Image search: [Google]
Gill_by_parada69.jpg
4MB, 3300x3942px
>>2939770
Not the best at them but I try. And yes I'm aware the left arm is long as fuck
>>
>>2936894
head tooooo biiiig
>>
>>2939775
Your hands aren't bad. Just want to see you get more comfortable with them, the drawing could look a lot more balanced with some sort of movement in the arms is all.
>>
>>2939572
what happened from here? >>2936812
I actually dig more the previous version
the drawing and rendering is way better on the second just due to polishment, but well, you lost all the color contrasts, be more bold
>>
>>2937168
Learn about contour drawing. If the contour looks off, the finished drawing will not be any good no matter how smooth the lines or elaborate the shading. Basically, you have to succeed at drawing before you can ink and color.
>>
>>2937700
I guess the noodle arm could be improved. Only thing I would suggest is heavier shading. There would be a lot of shadow from that angle like how you did the hair,
>>
>>2939572
eyes are off and colours are way too muddy.
>>
File: 81496193.jpg (33KB, 293x163px) Image search: [Google]
81496193.jpg
33KB, 293x163px
>>2937700
kek
>>
>>2939309
Yeah i dont want to be just you and me.. but nice art
>>
>>2939572
>will never get your blog asked for by a legend
>>
>>2939309
Actually if you make one ill join
>>
File: Sorceress_Fire_Fixed (1).png (85KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress_Fire_Fixed (1).png
85KB, 749x1000px
>>2939153

Today's edit. Tried to focus on the flaws.

I have a few versions of the fire going but I'm not even vaguely satisfied with any of them.

I'm going to do some unrelated studies and come back to the flames later.
>>
File: Sorceress_Fire_Values.png (116KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress_Fire_Values.png
116KB, 749x1000px
>>2939857

Airbrushed in some values because... Fuck it, Why not? never tried it before. The light source is above the camera and to the left.
>>
>>2939805
I think it's a bit more than just contour, I feel like putting forms on top of the others are big part of it, the problem is when your drawing doesn't let room for it.
>>
>>2939831
I'll join!
>>
>>2940007
This feels like the first time you've drawn a different girl. May you draw another one?
>>
File: iiiii.jpg (38KB, 400x711px) Image search: [Google]
iiiii.jpg
38KB, 400x711px
tried drawing a body ths time lol
>>
>>2940012
another one? sry i deleted because i thought the size would be too big
>>
>>2940016
Yeah, another one. I love your art.
>>
File: WIP-8.png (367KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
WIP-8.png
367KB, 1200x1800px
>>2939207
LMAO, anon, really looks like it,I never seen that way before.
>>
>>2940014
why
do
you
draw
the
eyes
right
next
to
the fucking
EARS
>>
>>2940022
I don't want to disappoint you though D:

>>2940034
oooops
>>
>>2940039
Don't worry. I love your art, I'll accept whatever it is you draw with open arms. I want to see so much more things from you, but I can't.
>>
File: suke29.png (147KB, 560x900px) Image search: [Google]
suke29.png
147KB, 560x900px
>>2939572
Thanks. I have a pixiv but I don't post often

>>2939831
>>2939850
Alright, I made one.
https://discord.gg/yUyaA7J
>>
File: springo.png (290KB, 702x1165px) Image search: [Google]
springo.png
290KB, 702x1165px
havent drawn anything for myself in a while hm
>>
>>2940057
looks kind of stiff
>>
File: Untitled-128.png (1MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-128.png
1MB, 1200x1800px
>>
>>2939051
anon you did GOOD. do you have a blog?
>>
File: yu-cheng-hong-art-0-M01.png (140KB, 277x276px) Image search: [Google]
yu-cheng-hong-art-0-M01.png
140KB, 277x276px
>>
>>2940135
Holy eggheads, Batman!
>>
>>2940085
is..is she holding up a massive turd?
>>
>>2940085
This is a good, interesting style you've got here, but my only problem with it is that the lines are so dirty and unkempt. Next time, try to clean up your linework and shading more. It will look nicer!
>>
>>2940034
It's just my style, man. Don't hate. Not everything has to be super realistic.
>>
File: Untitled-129.png (949KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-129.png
949KB, 1200x1800px
>>2940197
Maybe...
>>2940205
Thanks, anon, I'm really bad with linework, but i'm working hard in the past few months to improve that.

I got bored of drawing the same style over and over again.
>>
File: 2017-04-13.jpg (68KB, 1000x764px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-13.jpg
68KB, 1000x764px
How's the pose so far?
>>
>>2940258
The back leg should be pulled closer to the camera to match the same perspective as the front leg or so I think so. The back leg rests on the side right? Your art looks familiar too, but I can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>2939795
I thought it looked pretty bad, but I'll bring this over to the previous if that's the case. Thank you.

>>2939814
I can fix the eyes, but I'm trying to be closer to the original's colours; any idea how to fix this?

>>2940045
pixiv plz
>>
File: 1487644548607.jpg (41KB, 508x521px) Image search: [Google]
1487644548607.jpg
41KB, 508x521px
>>2940014
That's pretty good! I love how you do things, it's very fluid and comfortable. Have you tried drawing references in your brand of animu so you can get used to it? I'm hungry to see more.
>>
File: fuckme.png (2MB, 1276x1236px) Image search: [Google]
fuckme.png
2MB, 1276x1236px
some poses before the thread dies.
>>
>>2940335
with the guy getting hit in the bottom pose, the fact that his hips and shoulders are aligned makes it seem like only his head actually reacted to the punch. Twisting his torso in the same direction as his head would sell the impact better

the rest are pretty sweet, i dig the brush too
>>
>>2940335
These are really nice! Are you studying Krenz? I'm not sure what resources of his to use (CGpeers only has his stuff on perspective) and how to use them.
>>
>>2940014
unf... so... cute...
>>
>>2940354
Oh yeah just noticed that thanks.
>>2940356
Not really but I love his work, didn't know he had tutorials on cgpeers Im gonna have to look them up.
>>
>>2940042
I have a deviantart, but there is honestly nothing there but a bunch of lowly sketches..

>>2940310
Fluid and comfortable.. I think my drawings are anything BUT that lol.

I've never really been able to try that because all my drawings are really inconsistent from the next..
>>
File: beastmaster.png (486KB, 959x1084px) Image search: [Google]
beastmaster.png
486KB, 959x1084px
for people who do lineart: do you think it's faster to draw your lineart once and clean it up as you go, or draw a rough outline and then do your lineart over that?

I have problems leaving my rough sketches alone instead of making them perfect and it makes lineart take forever
>>
>>
>>2940215
You should be learning anatomy before stylizing to prevent your work from looking like shit. Like it is right now.
>>
>>2940508
You should stylize and learn anatomy simultanously you fucking retard.
>>
>>2940497
That's really nice! Needs more sharp shadows though to define the edges and corners so she pops out from the background more.
>>
>>2940510
Wew. Calm down, okay sweetie?
It clearly isn't working for you since it's ugly as fuck.
So fuck off and read the sticky you troglodyte
>>
>>2940490
Always make a new outline. If you clean up the sketch one it will look like shit.
>>
>>2940515
Just because your drawings aren't good doesn't mean the approach isn't working for you dumb ass. That's like saying oh you have bad anatomy so that michael hampton book must obviously contain bad instruction.
>>
File: Head practice.jpg (77KB, 700x748px) Image search: [Google]
Head practice.jpg
77KB, 700x748px
>>
new thread >>2940732
>>
>>2934963
you 'follow kienan, dont you?
>>
File: hon.png (226KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
hon.png
226KB, 750x900px
>>2940298
Enjoy
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=4713622
>>
>>2939538
she used an assisting exoskeleton called mech
>>
>>2940515
Well at least it's not as ugly as you. :DD
>>
File: _20170414_221852.jpg (2MB, 2592x4258px) Image search: [Google]
_20170414_221852.jpg
2MB, 2592x4258px
Today's sketches
>>
File: _20170414_221836.jpg (2MB, 2592x4377px) Image search: [Google]
_20170414_221836.jpg
2MB, 2592x4377px
>>2941522
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 112

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.