[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please rip this apart--specifically looking for advice on how

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: face-crit.jpg (115KB, 463x603px) Image search: [Google]
face-crit.jpg
115KB, 463x603px
please rip this apart--specifically looking for advice on how to make this look less animu, more realistic. thinking it's to do with my values and lack of subtle planes, not sure...
>>
File: dunning kruger.jpg (50KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
dunning kruger.jpg
50KB, 600x851px
head is completely skewed

you do not deserve your own thread, fuck off to the draw thread
>>
File: 442.jpg (270KB, 926x603px) Image search: [Google]
442.jpg
270KB, 926x603px
>>2751179
it doesn't really look animu to me. I think just adjusting some of the perspective on things like the shoulders and breasts would help, and making sure the get the skull in perspective correctly.
>>
>>2751192
Anon pls, this board is slow enough. And at least it's not another ms paint bait thread
>>
>>2751196
No, go fuck yourself dont start new threads for faggy artworks. Only KJG and Ruan can make threads to brag about their stuff here. Fucknugget
>>
File: WYr3lctb.jpg (22KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
WYr3lctb.jpg
22KB, 160x160px
>>2751199
Lol calm your tits edgelord, I'm not even the op. Who died and made you mod of /ic/?
>>
>>2751193
thank you! I see how weirdly i'm drawing the skull underneath. i sort of wanted the horizon line to be at her neck, but then i don't think we'd see this head angle. your perspective looks more correct so i think i'll move the HL so things make more sense.

>>>>2751206
it's okay, this is my first post, and i don't understand the way things work completely! so if that anon was pissed at me making my own thread, it's justified if there's a draw thread. (no idea where that is though)
>>
>>2751193
>>2751179
Not an artist on anything, but I did prefer the face on the original one (outside of jaw).
>>
File: thanks-anon-wip.jpg (163KB, 600x794px) Image search: [Google]
thanks-anon-wip.jpg
163KB, 600x794px
>>2751254

yeah I suppose, but anon definitely pointed out my perspective issues!

the old one looks so wonky to me. I think there is a lot of weirdness still, so if anyone spots any other issues please give me a good slap.

already hyped on feedback....forums are dead these days
>>
>>2751254
am an artist and prefer the one on the left desu
>>
Horizontal flip is your friend, use it often
>>
>>2751270
Indeed, eyes and jaw are better on the right, nose is bad on the right.
>>
>>2751275
great advice but, desu, I think I use it too much and end up not seeing my mistakes :/
>>
>>2751278

the eyes are better because they're following the foreshortening/perspective more, correct?
>>
>>2751254
>>2751270
>>2751278
It's just meant to point out proper perspective for the skull, not make the face better, you retards.

>not an artist
Get the fuck out of crit threads, you piece of shit, we get enough clueless retards as it is.
>>
>>2751252
>if there's a draw thread. (no idea where that is though)
Check the catalog and search for "draw thread"
>>2736808
>>2750747
>>2746465
Pick your poison.
>>
>>2751289
>hahaha jeez!
>much appreciation
do yourself a favor and just leave
>>
>>2751295
>>2751289
Anons right, you're not allowed to be nice on this website. I suggest growing a neckbeard and posting with one hand on the keyboard and the other on your penis.
>>
wew the shitposters and trolls really come out of the woodwork whenever somebody posts art that is better than that of a beginner
>>
>>2751316
Be careful anon, someone might accuse you for being op
>>
>>2751316
That's a good litmus test. I should make a new thread with my art. If the d/ic/ks come at me with pitchforks and torches I'll know I'm doin alright.
>>
>>2751326
it could also mean you are genuine shit. basically the only threads that would get ignored are ones that are mediocre so no one bothers commenting
>>
>>2751315
eheh i'll keep that in mind, though the neckbeard is impossible

>>2751316
i'm shit though, anyone can see that. I hate my art a lot. I look at wes burt and want to cry, like everyone else (or not)

i'm lurking to improve because elsewhere is pretty dead. i hate facebook, idk why the art community all migrated onto there, it irritates the shit out of me.
>>
>>2751338
Well everyone here hates their own art, and everyone is here basically because forums are dead and we hate fb. So welcome to the club. Ignore shitposters and avoid certain threads like those dumb shadman ones that are still up for some reason, and you can do okay here.

Also if you want to lvie up to Wes then you need to hit the pencils harder and improve your draftsmanship. Your painting skills are passable but you are being held back by lack of drawing skills in my opinion. And Wes is one of the best when it comes to drawing.
>>
>>2751352
thanks. i'm in the right place then, from the sounds of it.

yup I agree, I need to work on drawing and all of the underlying structure still. damnit just thinking about wes makes me feel restless.

better get to work
>>
>>2751357
If your gonna post on /ic/, stick to the drawthreads, otherwise you're going to get some assblasted faggot who jimmies go so far up his own ass, he has to to take his shirt off just to shit e.g.>>2751199
>>
>>2751361
that's to be expected on the internet though, i'm all for free speech and ruffled jimmies. i shall do that though :)
>>
>>2751192
>>2751199
Why do I get the feeling that this butthurt faggot doesn't even draw? There's one in every thread. Posters like you are the reason that most good artists don't come here.

>>2751179
Your colors are kind of muddy. Up the contrast. Also her hair is kind of rigid, curve it and make it fall more naturally.
>>
>>2751179
It doesn't look that animu. I like the colors you chose for her face, great job. Besides the perspective issues and shadows missing where the light isn't hitting(Neck and under the chin), you didn't do too bad.

Now drop a link to your art.
>>
>>2751441
>Why do I get the feeling that this butthurt faggot doesn't even draw?
>Your colors are kind of muddy. Up the contrast. Also her hair is kind of rigid, curve it and make it fall more naturally.
reactionimage.jpg
>>
File: wip-2.jpg (153KB, 600x794px) Image search: [Google]
wip-2.jpg
153KB, 600x794px
>>2751441
upped the contrast. hair is still rigid. trying to fix muddy colors, I had a really stupid process here and started by working on a year old image lol

>>2751501
thanks, trying to fix perspective issues and lighting.

sorry, don't want to link. i like being anonymous here!
>>
File: NoSloth.jpg (266KB, 600x794px) Image search: [Google]
NoSloth.jpg
266KB, 600x794px
>>2751179
Spent about 10 mins in photoshop with liquify tool and maybe 5 mins fucking around with color balance and saturation. Sakimichan literally rapes the liquify tool so don't be afraid to use it.
>>
>>2751528
Completely honest here, If you're willing to share your blog, Blog? I like this painting. Better than I can do.
>>
>>2751605
o fuq I didnt read you wanna be anonymous sike
>>
>>2751600
As far as what i did...I extended her jawline back a bit and raised it making the chin smaller. I made the ear larger to meet the jawline, and made the cranium of the head rounder and less sloped. I removed the pronounced brown ridge which usually only men have.

I brought in (her left) cheek a bit, and made the nose bridge less indented so it was smoother. I also moved the hairline down a bit and tightened up the neck and made the right trap transition more smoothly into the neck....and i made her tits a bit bigger for good measure.
>>
>>2751600
this anon fixed the face pretty good.

OP, your face and skull are at different to the world, so you get the good old concave face thing going.
>>
>>2751610
thanks you. yeah i get using the liquify tool...but damn i need to be able to draw a head nicely without skewing stuff around all the time. i think i'll try another one today and review the skull first. i'm having a bit of trouble visualizing it underneath...

>>2751754
yeah i'm starting to see that. mine looks like her nose/mouth are popping out of the skull i think?

siiigh i've been trying to get this angle forever haha
>>
>>2751441
I bet im better than you :)
>>
File: personal-wip2.jpg (156KB, 622x836px) Image search: [Google]
personal-wip2.jpg
156KB, 622x836px
is it better or worse? :S going crazy looking at this. taking a break.
>>
>>2752356
The structure is much much better now. If I were you I wouldn't allow myself to mess with the head and face any more. I think you've pretty much nailed it here. I think you should go on and detail the ear and the back of the head and hair and start wrapping it up. It'll be a very nice piece when finished.
>>
>>2752367
thank you! yeah i compared it to the old one and it's definitely better. still bothers me (eyes especially don't look 3d and realistic)..but i think i can carry on and hopefully figure out the eyes along the way

thank you to everyone who ripped it apart, it helped so much.
>>
>>2752396
If you really want it to be correct, it shouldn't be difficult to find or make reference for this. Why not photograph a friend or family member from that angle? Or just search online and I'm sure there are photos of girls from this view.
>>
>>2752405

trying to improve from imagination so i can paint decently without ref. (though i understand the importance of reference in good realistic work, just stubbornly want to improve it on my own as much as possible..)

so i'll probably study relevant references on the side, then try to apply.
>>
>>2752409
Well you've pushed it about as far as you can without ref, so now is where you can pull it out and fix any last errors. Also I think for something like a face where ref is easy to come by, it is just an ego thing to not use ref. Use ref when you can, and then make up stuff only when you have no access to ref (and even then use indirect reference).
>>
>>2752208
Post your shit then dicknozzle
>>
>>2752413
>Well you've pushed it about as far as you can without ref, so now is where you can pull it out and fix any last errors. Also I think for something like a face where ref is easy to come by, it is just an ego thing to not use ref. Use ref when you can, and then make up stuff only when you have no access to ref (and even then use indirect reference).

hmm..it isn't an ego thing for me, personally.

i'm a really slow learner and i'm unobservant by nature. seriously.

so if i rely on reference, i feel like i'll just copy stuff instead of improving my observation skill-set. i also want to improve my knowledge and make sure i'm focusing on the right things (ie, i'm obviously not setting up perspective and structure correctly, as per my first post...)

hope that makes sense.

i do agree though, it's silly to guess when you can look up the answers.
>>
>>2752459
>merc_wip.jpg
>>
>>2752470
> it's silly to guess when you can look up the answers.

It is. There is absolutely no problem with using a reference. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, or make you feel like a weaker artist for doing so.
>>
Is this the correct thread?
I'm just starting to paint digitally from traditional medium. What digital brushes should I get that mimic the paint?
>also, kind anon, would you share brush collection?
>>
File: saddest owl.jpg (28KB, 640x529px) Image search: [Google]
saddest owl.jpg
28KB, 640x529px
>>2751199
ok
>>
>>2752356
A+
>>
>>2751179
This looks pretty good btw. anon, keep us updated
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.