[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is historical revisionism ever justified?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 36

File: 1493718104540.jpg (472KB, 1143x1719px) Image search: [Google]
1493718104540.jpg
472KB, 1143x1719px
Is historical revisionism ever justified?
>>
both of those comments at the end are from middle class to upper middle class white people
>>
File: Screenshot-1270-600x343.png (274KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-1270-600x343.png
274KB, 600x343px
>>2746958
Absolutely. This is how London looked in regency era Britain.
>1 chink
>3 blacks, one a soldier in the British Army
>1 Pakistani
>2 white adults
>>
>>2746958
This shit only exists to poke fun at the alt-right and get you guys hot and bothered. If you guys didn't chimp out every time you saw a black person, progressive stuff in media would be nowhere this blatant.
>>
>>2746958
If it is based on new evidence, yes. Scholarship should always be debated, and everchanging with new evidence.
>>
>>2746983
>lying about history
>"haha only nazis could object to this!"
Do you genuinely believe this?
>>
>>2746992
They wouldn't be doing this if there was not such an angry and autistic contingent of right-wingers constantly mad online.

That's why all of this shit is lathered with a thick layer of "take that, racists." The liberals who write this believe they're helping push back against bigotry by making racists mad.
>>
>>2746983

>implying the media has ever given a fuck what 4chan thinks and/or in any way created content geared at this audience

kek, 4chan isn't that important. most normies don't even know what 4chan is. "progressive content" is just a way for the left to circle jerk itself into thinking it is "winning" the culture war in the west, which if this last election (and Brexit) has shown anything, it really isn't
>>
File: FIKOTYOUSMALLCORNER.png (87KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
FIKOTYOUSMALLCORNER.png
87KB, 250x188px
>>2746998
>They wouldn't be doing this if there was not such an angry and autistic contingent of right-wingers constantly mad online.
Yes, I supposed that's why they had the first ever interracial kiss on TV in June 1962, all those butthurt online nazis caused this, that must be right.
>>
>>2746983
I'm not a /pol/tard. I don't care if they put a minorities in lead roles or genderbend a traditionally male character.

But why lie about history? What is the end game?

You can't just say 'racism never existed.' Everyone has the greatest library in all of human history in their pockets. People will find out, and then they'll just be angry that you lied to them
>>
>>2746958
I dont think you can judge an individual for being racist when the year was 1814 considering everyone was racist back then and thats just what they were taught, slavery had not even been abolished then
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 224x224px
>>2747037
>>2747032
According to the episode London was 50% black in 1814 and there was no racism, the sole racist incident was when the evil white aristocrat/industrialist (He was both, despite those being two entirely different social circles who ansolutely hated each other) told a black woman to "stand to her betters" and then got punched for it.
>>
Honestly, does anyone expect historical accuracy from Doctor Who?
>>
>>2747002
It's not about 4chan but the 5,000 autists with frog emojis in their Twitter handle shitposting about blacks and jews in the replies of every post by a major journalist or TV writer.

Media types interact with hard alt-right figures almost every day thanks to Twitter, and they really believe they're doing good work by triggering the Pepes with forced progressivism.
>>
>>2747008
Such a shit example. That kiss happened in response to the outcry over desegregation and Loving v. Virginia, in which a white man was allowed to legally stay married to his black wife.

Gene Roddenberry, a hardcore progressive, thought he could "stick it to the man" by pushing boundaries in his show about space aliens.
>>
>>2747056
I don't

I also don't expect blatent lies about history from it either
>>
>>2746973
>one a soldier in the British Army
Honestly that one is not even *that* implausible. Could very well be a company marine on shoreleave. It's the wealthy ones that are absolutely unlikely. If they were a secretary and a maid, ok. But they're clearly an independent couple.
>>
File: BillNyeSexAnthem-640x480.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BillNyeSexAnthem-640x480.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>>2747071
>>2746998
>>2746983
>They only do this to get a reaction out of you
What the fuck do you think this is, elementary school bullies?

The shot callers in Media and entertainment have their agendas (if this isn't evident by the loads of celebrities shilling for leftist politicians), they want to set a pace, they want to shape a tomorrow.

What a ridiculous answer you have given.
>>
>>2746998
>The liberals who write this believe they're helping push back against bigotry by making racists mad.
You don't honestly believe this, do you? It's just a cross of virtue signalling and audience targeting. They're doing it because they think it improves both the company's and the programme's popularity.
If Doctor Who was produced by Fox News or whatever the british equivalent is, it would be the exact opposite for the same exact reasons.
>>
>>2747120
No, don't you see? Reactionaries are pushing an agenda on society. Poor innocent progressives are just reacting to it
>>
>>2747135
It's so splendid to see the PROGRESSIVES saying they're just reacting, whereas the REACTIONARIES are actually pushing for change.
It's like a whole new layer of irony.
>>
>>2747139
Not to mention how history is supposed to be ever progressing leftward, yet looking at the past we're supposed to see a much more tolerant world.
I'd say it's funny to see how lefties contradict themselves continuously, but really it's just sad.
>>
>>2747153
But remember, it's Sean Spicer and his "alternate facts" that are pushing doublethink
>>
Why do Brittish series have so many blacks? They are 3% of their population but when you see their series it looks like they are 25% of their population. This is extremelly surprising if you take into account that there are way more Indians or Pakis than blacks in the UK
>>
>>2747221
Because BBC may not stand for what you think it stands for, but it's still excruciatingly appropriate.
>>
>>2747083
This isn't from startrek, it's from a British show a few years earlier. And no, it wasn't a reaction to anything, it was simply the media trying to do what they're doing now.
>>
File: 450px-1980-11-06_Toronto_Star.jpg (64KB, 450x291px) Image search: [Google]
450px-1980-11-06_Toronto_Star.jpg
64KB, 450x291px
>>2747221
NuWho did their Paki thing in The Zygon Inversion.

Which, unlike this episode, was actually kinda nuanced showing, to some degree, both sides of the conflict and pointing to a bigger picture, culminating in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJP9o4BEziI

(Albeit no pakies in that scene - but the core plot was that a lot of the shape shifting aliens were posing as Paki immigrants.)

There was also the two parter: "Human Nature" and "The Family of Blood" where the Doctor's black companion is forced to pose as his maid in England just prior to WW1. She experienced racism, sexism, and classism, all in one go, and it didn't seem nearly so preachy and unnatural as this. (And those were probably two of the best episodes of NuWho.)

[ Pic related is from the 80's mind you - Tom Baker and the Talons of Weng-Chiang. ]
>>
>>2747279
>There was also the two parter: "Human Nature" and "The Family of Blood" where the Doctor's black companion is forced to pose as his maid in England just prior to WW1. She experienced racism, sexism, and classism, all in one go, and it didn't seem nearly so preachy and unnatural as this. (And those were probably two of the best episodes of NuWho.)
Also the Doctor didn't go on a sperg rage and punch the guy who was racist for muh ebin modern day virtue signalling post

Also, the racism was much more racist. In the episode where he punched the racist guy he told a black women to "stand to her betters", which could be either because she was a women or black and was the predominate viewpoint in that society. In HN/FoB he downright said "It's a wonder you can tell if you're clean, because you constantly the colour of filth".

This episode was EXTREMELY out of character for the Doctor to punch someone for being rude to someone who in that society definately is not better than a white aristocrat. Could have been classism, racism, or sexism.
>>
>>2747134
>They're doing it because they think it improves both the company's and the programme's popularity.
>If Doctor Who was produced by Fox News or whatever the british equivalent is, it would be the exact opposite for the same exact reasons.
Meh, as much as I hate to say it, this Anon has a point.

Keep in mind that Doctor Who's loudest fan base is freaking Tumblr - much like, certain politicians, the show may merely be stooping in an effort to galvanize its base, in the most base way possible.

But it's true, they've had shows with anti-racism and various other liberal political messages before, including one just last season, and they were considerably more subtle and even willing to show the other side of the argument in a sympathetic light from time to time. (I mean, the Paki immigrants really did turn out to be terrorists in November's 2015's Doctor Who - just, you know, ayy lmao terrorists.)
>>
>>2746958
History is made to be revised to better show it how it essentially was. That being said, modern revisionism is usually idiocy perpetrated by social and psychohistorians for political pandering and is usually nowhere grounded in reality. The simple fact that people who have close friendships with people of the same sex automatically makes them homosexuals in the eyes of certain sects of current academia is proof enough that it's horsecock.
>>
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume what the writer meant by that was that he was further from white than often depicted (semitic), rather than suggesting he was africa black
>>
>>2747364
I normally would - but given how the rest of the episode went... This is a character who was supposedly present at Jesus's birth, the last supper, his death, and his resurrection, mind ye. (Granted, the show isn't known for its consistency.)
>>
>>2747135
Actually both are pushing agendas. Reactionaries and Progressives are pretty infantile tbqh.
>>
File: tfw to smart too have opinions.png (208KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tfw to smart too have opinions.png
208KB, 640x480px
>>2747383
>>
>>2747135
>Progressives are actually reactionaries

Hmm.
>>
>>2747383
At least reactionary thinking is internally consistent
>>
>>2746958
Actual revisionism (reinterpreting evidence or finding new evidence) is generally a good thing
>>
>>2746958
There was probably around 20% of London population in 18th century who were what you would consider "black".
>>
It really boggles my mind how the Left which is famous for, as it were, speaking truth to power, suddenly doesn't notice when the power structure and capitalists are talking like they do.

Should make them pause to reflect, but for some reason it doesn't.
>>
>>2747412
Because the left, particularly the American left, hasn't realized that having a dumb opponent doesn't make you smart
>>
>>2747083
That isn't even star trek. You are so fucking delusional.
>>
File: sdgggg.png (1MB, 768x1005px) Image search: [Google]
sdgggg.png
1MB, 768x1005px
This is probably what Jesus looked like

he wasn't white
>>
>>2747055
London in 1814 wouldn't have been very racist towards blacks. Europe wasn't the deep south.
>>
File: gallifrey faps no more.png (276KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gallifrey faps no more.png
276KB, 800x600px
>>2746958
To some degree, yes. You're trying to tell a light story to young folks here, not make a documentary or teaching aid. So, yes, everyone in Rome speaks English, fine, TARDIS translation circuit magic fine. All the Nazis are entirely unsympathetic characters with no hint of family or motivation, fine. I mean, this is a tale for young folks, you need some solid good and evil, fine. Even the aristocrat/industrialist combo being the bad guy, fine. That's been every other Doctor Who villain since 1963. Even the Daleks are really just metaphorical Nazis living in their own tanks - even when Peter "Tarkin" Cushing was playing the Doctor in the first Doctor Who movie, they turned that up to 11 (coupled with some communist overtones). Fine, I can put up with all that.

But presenting ~1820's England as <50% white (or even white'ish), and then constantly bending over backwards to point it out? Stopping to make offhanded comments about racism every three minutes? Having the MC completely break character and literally punch a mere ignorant human into unconsciousness when he makes some vague rude remark towards his companion? (I mean, put down with a clever quip, fine, but physically KO?) ...and all through all of this - none of it having anything even vaguely to do with the story at hand?

...At some point, you really do cross a line.
>>
>>2747457
They wouldn't have been actively hostile, but they wouldn't have acknowledge one as more than a scum class pleb. Servants or sailors mostly.
A couple dressed like gentry as in op's pic would have been stared at and certainly not been allowed at any social event.
>>
>>2747469
I really wonder where Western society will be in say, 100 years with this pandering.
>>
>>2747485
The counter reaction to all this bullshit is probably going to send us straight back to the 1820's. Sadly, one form of stupidity tends to be countered by another.
>>
>>2747490
I doubt we will ever go that far back to be honest. I do not see Europeans very interested in their history or culture anymore. I usually end up teaching German or French people their own history, and I am a Slav.
>>
>>2747502
There maybe a nuclear war at some point, that maybe in part due to that nationalist counter reaction putting extremists in power.

...and it'll probably kill more white people (including Slavs) than anyone else... (Well, okay, and a lotta Chinese, but we got those to spare.)
>>
File: IMG_0667.jpg (666KB, 1200x817px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0667.jpg
666KB, 1200x817px
>>2747454
>that retarded factual reconstruction that gives him lazy eyes for no reason
How does anyone believe that shit? Here are the mandeans btw, actual living descendants of sarmatians. Jesus phenotypically would have probably looked like this. Not that different from your average Italian painting or Eastern Orthodox icon.
>>
>>2747526
I doubt there will ever be a nuclear war. MAD doctrine is simply a fact of life. None wishes to be first to launch the nukes, everybody loses in the end.
>>
>>2747528
They're not far off. Put 3's skin tone on 1 and then add 2's beard and it's almost exact.
>>
>>2747528
You know, I am a agnostic, so I really do not care for Jesus that much. But it is amazing how leftists in West always try to provoke or shit on Christianity with things like that. Of course, they call it "science" when it could not be further from truth. Sure, Jesus was not a blonde blue eyed man, but he probably did not look like he was retarded as well.
>>
>>2746992
>Oh no they're lying about history in my BBC sci-fi about time traveling inter dimensional aliens!
>>
>>2747485
We're already seeing a rise of "Adapt or leave" thinking in the West. If the left were to continue to up the ante, a la antifa protests and the anti Trump race riots in California last year, it is not inconceivable that that will mutate into "adapt or die"
>>
>>2747531
I hope so, but I'm afraid MAD is going to give way to NUTS, and once that genie is out of that bottle... While we might survive WW3, WW4-10 are going to happen in rapid succession straight after, and almost every one of them is going to involve nuclear exchanges.

Really, the balance of power these days is overwhelming US military force on the one side, and nuclear deterrent on the other. The first time we have a limited nuclear exchange, that peacemaker, the real reason there hasn't been a world war since 1945, goes straight out the window, and all bets are off.
>>
>>2747546
>show about time travel
>"Look, kids, all of history was 50% black!"
>>
>>2746983
>cutting off your nose to spite your face

I spit on you and people like you

>the alt right

Like this shit hasn't been pushed for decades now.
>>
>>2746958
If it's driven by facts and not rhetoric, sure. That's how history works; as perspective is gained and more and better archaeological techniques are implemented, the new information gleaned either enhances or revises the extant narrative.
>>
>>2747115
All are extremely unlikely. Black pop around the 1830s in the UK was around 20-30k.
>>
>implying jesus existed
>>
>>2746958
I feel like this stuff just plays even more into the bastardized pop culture version of history you hear about on tv. It's why most Americans believe our revolution was all about building a new nation from day one and things like that.
>>
>black wealthy people in Victorian London triggers people
>still fine with Gerard Butler being a Egyptian God

>tfw no one in this thread actually care about historical inaccuracies

This dogwhistling is getting unbearable. Just admit that you do not give a shit about historic accuracy, and that you just hate black people.
Fucking say it, you cowardly, second-rate stormfag vermin.
>>
>>2747999
Nobody is fine with Gerard "Helots were brotier" Butler, stop projecting laquisha
>>
File: p010nsc6.jpg (141KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
p010nsc6.jpg
141KB, 1200x675px
>>2746958
I wonder why stuff like this bothers me more than other historical inaccuracies. I'm not even a /pol/tard, but I hate the weird trend of inserting africans into history where they DEFINITELY weren't.

I mean why would leftists gamble their own credibility by doing this? Why not just create shows about African history instead?
>>
>>2748026
I really want someone to make a new Zulu film but Shaka Zulu is a white guy.

If i was insanely rich i would do it, make a perfect film about African tribal conflict centuries ago and then set the main character as a small chinese man.
>>
>>2747555
This is literally the point of economic globalism though. To make nations economies so globally interconnected, a war that isn't everyone else picking on one guy standing out of line is economically bad.
>>
>>2747999
Did people actually watch that movie? Also czech'd
>>
>>2746958
>Is historical revisionism ever justified?
All historiography is revionionist. What strikes me as odd is that "historical revisionism" has become a byword for "leftist revisionism" here on 4chan.
>>
>>2748012
Then how come theres no outrage about that except only by black people? I've yet to see anyone bring this up here.
>>
>>2747999
Did anyone in this thread justify Gerard Butler playing an Egyptian? Stop strawmanning

If a white guy played a Sudanese king or something I think most people on this board would think that's retarded too
>>
>>2748045
It's because only the right is allowed to do revisionism.
>>
>>2748052
>>2748012

Open a thread about it here on /his/ and enjoy those neat KKK-like responses
There was one about it 2 days ago, and it was a complete /pol/ shitfest
>>
>>2748037
>you'll never be wealthy enough to troll on this level
Make a movie about the Sudanese kingdoms, but everyone's white and use really exagerated black ghetto accents.
>>
>>2748060
You can not be a /pol/tard and think this kinda of thing is stupid

The world isn't as black and white as you think
>>
>>2748085

What I see is that if someone blackwash his own history-based contents /his/ and /tv/ will sperg out for days, if the same happens with white people anons will just tell you to chill out and stop being such a SJW.

What I want, at this point, is not people to change their mind: what I want instead is, at the very least, them to be honest. If you're racist just fucking say it, instead of being such a pussy while dancing arbitrarily around the concept of historic accuracy: we both know they don't give a fuck about it.
>>
>>2747999
Are you actually retarded enough to consider this argument valid or are you just trolling?
Unless Gerald Butler played a distinctly white god amidst a full cast of egyptian actors, your argument holds no water at all.
It's obviously fucking impractical for a western production to have a full cast of egyptian actors (hell it's hard to even have a full british cast in a high level production), so as long as the white actors are there for practicality instead of political statement, it's not a fucking issue.
Nobody would give a shit about a nigerian movie about Rome featuring only fucking nigerians or a chinese movie about south east asia only casting chinks. The problem is deliberately making unjustified casting choices for obvious political motives.
>>
>>2748106
not that anon but

>Nobody would give a shit about a nigerian movie about Rome featuring only fucking nigerians or a chinese movie about south east asia only casting chinks. The problem is deliberately making unjustified casting choices for obvious political motives.

>if they don't explicitly tell us that it's whitewashing then it's not whitewashing
>also I refuse to hold blockbuster houses to any sort of artistic standard

Sure, it was ''too hard'' to find 10 egyptian guys and have them act as Gods. Truly impossible, especially in this day and age.
Three wealthy guys in the extras in a Dr Who (lol) episode? Let's have a thread which will go on for days, unless it gets so shitty that mods will have to delete it.
>>
>>2747120
>What the fuck do you think this is, elementary school bullies?
He says on a website where saying shit to get a reaction out of others is a staple of board culture.
>>
>>2748120
>find 10 egyptian guys
Top kek, and you are blaming others of not holding blockbuster houses to a decent artistic standard? I bet you couldn't name 5 egyptian actors without googling them if your life depended on it.
Besides, I still find it fucking hilarious how every time this movie is mentioned everyone complains about Butler but nobody mentions Boseman, like it isn't obvious what the critics' motivations are.
In the end, unless the gods are white and all mortals are egyptians, it doesn't really fucking matter. The issue isn't miscasting from the local talent pool, the issue is miscasting by looking out of the local talent pool to make a political statement.
>>
>>2747056
I did before I got triggered by shit like this and the disregard of continuity that I stopped watching what was my favourite TV-show. I'll always have Classic Who and the Big Finish audio dramas at least.
>>
>>2748048
Because it's probably even more retarded to cry about the ethnicity of divinities than historical figures. Ancient egyptians themselves believed their drawings of gods were approximations limited by human understanding. They believed their gods skins to be pure gold or silver anyway.
>>
>>2748191
>I bet you couldn't name 5 egyptian actors without googling them if your life depended on it.

So? I'm not the one who is trying to release a shitty blockbuster whitewashed movie worldwide. It's not on me.
I bet you can't name 5 mongol actors, but you would still be puzzled by a movie about Gengis Khan in which Gengis Khan is interpreted by Channing Tatum.

>Besides, I still find it fucking hilarious how every time this movie is mentioned everyone complains about Butler but nobody mentions Boseman

>costant whitewashing
>one single black token
>lol why are people not talking about miscasted black guy

Thanks for proving my point (which was not about racial tension, but rather about how people do not really give a shit about historic accuracy).

>In the end, unless the gods are white and all mortals are egyptians, it doesn't really fucking matter.
Yet you have here about 20 anons triggered by the fact that there was a extra who was a wealthy black man in a shitty show such as Dr Who.

>The issue isn't miscasting from the local talent pool, the issue is miscasting by looking out of the local talent pool to make a political statement.
I'm not talking about miscasting and whitewashing, rather I'm talking about the reaction 4chan has everytime these themes are approached. Don't move the goalpost.
>>
>>2747056
Never watched it. It's capitecensi-tier scifi tbqh
>>
File: 1486414369983.jpg (24KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
1486414369983.jpg
24KB, 208x199px
>>2746983
>at the alt right

More like white people in general, which as a non-white I will never understand.

Every day in university all i hear is the same joke day in and day out.

>so can anyone tell me whats wrong about *insert european historical figure*
>*Liberal white person raises his hand*
>"Because he's an old dead white guy"
>Prof and liberals laugh
>a few whites seeth in their seats
>I'm just shocked

or

>Non-white prof
>I will not be teaching Pre romantacism in American Literature. because they are all old dead white males no one care what they think
>liberals laugh, a few white people seeth, me included this time

Answer me this /his/, why are white people such pussies these days?
>>
>>2746958
Historical revision happens all the time in academia. New translations, archaeology, and research tends to upend what might once be 'well-established historical fact' every few decades, and it's usually justified once the weight of new evidence and scholarly review becomes irresistible.

That's not the same thing as ham-fisted, politically motivated pseudo-history, however. Movies or manifestos with historical inaccuracies are not examples of historical revisionism. They're just the latest example of undisciplined, popular and ideological appropriation of science and philosophy, and is much closer to historical negationism or denialism. You can justify them or not based on your own personal morals and politics.

But you don't justify historical revisionism in the first place anymore than you justify a scientific breakthrough.
>>
>>2746958
We wuz timelords an shieeeet
>>
>>2746983

I don't think this stuff is done to troll the right wing, it's done to pander to the left wing. At the most it's a signal to the alt-right of "we really don't give a shit if you cry over it". If the right wing cried less I don't think it'd result in less pandering to the left.

Disney didn't put a bunch of black people into the new beauty and the beast to piss people off either (though I'm sure they knew someone would get their nuts in a twist over it). They did it to appear 'progressive' to the sort of people who generally buy their shit anyway. The target audience isn't a bunch of pissed off /pol/tards.
>>
>>2748236
>I bet you can't name 5 mongol actors, but you would still be puzzled by a movie about Gengis Khan in which Gengis Khan is interpreted by Channing Tatum.

There's actually a 50's movie where John Wayne plays Genghis Khan. Hollywood has been whitewashing Asians way more than Blacks desu.
>>
>>2748283
>which as a non-white
opinion discarded
>>
>>2748236
>I'm not talking about miscasting and whitewashing
You're literally the only one talking about whitewashing, in a thread about blackwashing to boot. And you complain about me moving the goalpost? This is whataboutism at its finest.

>rather I'm talking about the reaction 4chan has everytime these themes are approached
Complaining rightfully by your own admission, since you say you care about historicity? I don't see why you'd have a problem with it.

Also I'd like to add that you're quite completely missing the point here. Nobody thinks the fucking gyppos are nordics because Coster-Waldau played Horus in an anglo production. It's neither the aim of the producers nor the interpretation taken by the audience, so it's not whitewashing. On the other hand, the BBC's aim in casting half the extras as minorities in the episode we're considering is to make a political statement. I really doubt you can't see the difference between the two situations, you just want to complain about the evil white man who's keeping you down (or who's keeping your poor beloved minorities who don't actually enjoy having you and people like you making them look like whiny morons down).
>>
>>2748318
Why is everyone losing their shit at hollywood? It isn't their job as entertainment industries to be historically accurate, nor is it to produce culture-friendly content for the entire world.
>>
File: krieg.jpg (140KB, 704x544px) Image search: [Google]
krieg.jpg
140KB, 704x544px
>>2748322
Texas and Florida are rightful castizo clay,
>>
>>2748343
>It isn't their job as entertainment industries to be historically accurate, nor is it to produce culture-friendly content for the entire world.

Yes it is their job to not misinform and indoctrinate the public, kids grow up on the television these days.
>>
>>2748318

pretty good for reaction images though.

Either way, Hollywood has changed a lot from the 50s, even if the pendulum has started to swing to the opposite retarded extreme.

I'd be cool with any ethnicity being played by someone of (or similar looking) to that ethnicity. Some movies it's not a big deal, others it gets a bit obnoxious.

Still, in any case, it still gets me that there was that Great Wall movie with Matt Damon and everyone screamed bloody murder about Hollywood whitewashing Chinese history, and the movie was made by the fucking Chinese.
>>
File: 6_johnwayne.jpg (69KB, 349x255px) Image search: [Google]
6_johnwayne.jpg
69KB, 349x255px
>>2748355

forgot the pic
>>
>>2748283
>tfw non white too
>tfw when I know that feel

Well this whole civilization thing was fun while it lasted, not sure how I'm going to take going from all this to squatting in a Mexicali favela in a couple of decades

what a shame
>>
>>2748343
>It isn't their job as entertainment industries to be historically accurate, nor is it to produce culture-friendly content for the entire world.
That basically applies to every instance of pop history portraying some inaccuracy, including the OP example I'd guess.
>>
>>2748324
>You're literally the only one talking about whitewashing

Have you read any of my posts? I'm complaining about the fact that you can't complain about whitewashing on this board without getting shat on (just like you're doing) but as soon as it is blackwashing it's fair game.

Too bad that nowhere in my posts there is a justification for any of those practices: what I've always called for was historical accuracy.

>And you complain about me moving the goalpost?
I've placed a goalpost that was independent of the one placed by OP, and you decided to interact with it. I'm not responding to OP's questions, rather I'm questioning the behaviour of this board.

>Complaining rightfully by your own admission, since you say you care about historicity? I don't see why you'd have a problem with it.
I'm talking about the obvious double standard that is currently fully accepted on 4chan.
I'm not mad at the criticism contained in this post, rather I'm mad at the lack of criticism everytime some Hollywood big shot decides to whitewash an important black person in one of his movies (namely: people don't give a fuck, and if you complain loudly people will just throw buzzwords at you, mainly ''SJW'').
I'm able to criticize both scenarios: I don't think that's the case for most anons here.

>Nobody thinks the fucking gyppos are nordics because Coster-Waldau played Horus in an anglo production.

>dude it's a shit inaccurate movie who can't get any sort of cultural reference right: let it be

>On the other hand, the BBC's aim in casting half the extras as minorities in the episode we're considering is to make a political statement.
The only difference is that one of those 2 political statements is explicit, the other one isn't.

>you just want to complain about the evil white man who's keeping you down
Your true colors are showing, my friend.
>>
>>2748343
That's all well and good, but casting mostly minorities as extras in an 87% white country indicates that a political message is being put forward.
>>
>>2748351
>expecting historical nuances to be fully explored within a 1h30 flick
nah mate

If people get brainwashed because they prefer to only watch movies and never read books, then maybe the entire human race is doomed anyway. You can't salvage that shit with autistically accurate films/reconstructions. Honestly it's just fucking movies, nagging about how shit they are is half of the fun when driving back home.
>>
>>2748368
>The only difference is that one of those 2 political statements is explicit, the other one isn't.
No, the difference is that one is an actual political statement, and the other is mere casting convenience. Get that through your thick skull.
>>
>>2748378
>No, the difference is that one is an actual political statement, and the other is mere casting convenience.

God you're a fucking retard. No point in arguing with you, you clearly have NO sort of insight on this society and its culture.

Sure, the costant whitewashing that has happened in the last 70 years has no relationship with outside society and cultural norms, it has all happened in a otherwordly, metaphysical bubble, completely shielded by the reality of the actual world. Sure thing.
>>
>>2746973
That's disgusting

Wasn't there a medieval episode with blacks in it too? Doctor who is trash anyway
>>
>>2748399
>you clearly have NO sort of insight on this society and its culture
Oh the irony. I'm not to one stuck in the 60s here buddy. Even fucking minorities are appalled at how masochistic white media have become.
>>
>>2748399
Not him but it's kinda pointless to argue about white countries producing content with mostly white actors. Just like it'd be poinyless to cry about bollywood producing content with mostly indian actors. I guess the only difference is how "progressives" see casting directors hiring more minorities and instead of simply saying "the industry is becoming more multiracial" (which would be true and fine), they are opting for "look at tyrone being a medieval kang, this is 100% historically accurate". It's the latter which is irritating. Got no problem with the industry being more open in terms of prospects, it's the added bullshit PR which irks me.
>>
File: 1488619056343.png (715KB, 629x758px) Image search: [Google]
1488619056343.png
715KB, 629x758px
>>2748360
A part of me wants to do something about it before someone takes this too far, but a part of thinks i should just get the hell out of dodge before someone pokes whitey a little bit too much and they start talking about "Muh Lebensraum"
>>
>>2746958
No.

Also
>>>/tv/
>>
File: 1492321213707.jpg (32KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
1492321213707.jpg
32KB, 494x494px
>>2748434
There is literally nothing wrong with wanting more space to b urself
>>
File: 1491007257564.png (340KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
1491007257564.png
340KB, 600x583px
>Claim white washing
>In England
>...
Honestly we need nuking now why the fuck are we using yank terms for redundant shit What kind of mental gymnastics does someone have to pull too think the capital of an empire isnt going to have a fucking sizeable amount of none euro ethnics. No one is fucking arguing otherwise. I know this shit is bait but Im fucking disapointed, the yanks fell victim to the same crap but now us?
Putin just put us out of our misery now.
>>
>>2748424

Any large western media company has the resources to cast any production "ethnically correct", at the cost of using not as well known actors. Cast ethnicity right now is mostly a choice by either the director or the producers.

That applies to any kind of "washing".
>>
File: Vaquero.jpg (152KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Vaquero.jpg
152KB, 765x1024px
>>2748434
Well here's the way I see m80, it all depends on what region of the world you're in

If you're in Europe? I would want to get the fuck out of dodge as well, that's their ancestral homeland we're talking about here, they have every right to do whatever it takes to protect it and their culture/people

The US however? Its a bit more complicated, for as long as the US existed, there have always been non whites within its borders and actively helping it

It was the Natives when they first arrived and when they reached the southwest territories, it was the Mestizos and Castizos, an American /pol/ack can rave and rant all he fucking wants but the truth is, the "redpill" that they refuse to swallow is this, our history is tied together, forged in blood and fired the moment a Mestizo stood with a white Texan and Californian to kick out the Mexicans

That being said what's fair is fair, it was the whites who founded the nation after all, what kind of subhumans would we be if we just stood by and watched the people who we've historically had their back get jumped?

It all goes down to history my boi
>>
File: 1486664777717.png (48KB, 460x568px) Image search: [Google]
1486664777717.png
48KB, 460x568px
>>2748458
>sizeable amount

>The number of white British people in the capital fell by 620,000 - equivalent to the entire population of Glasgow moving out. The consequence, as revealed by the latest census, is that white Brits are now in a minority in London, making up just 45% of its residents.

Absolutely beady
>>
>>2748424
This really can't be overstated. I don't even really mind if something like an over the top Tarantino film has an unrealistically diverse cast, but to flagrantly change the ethnic make up of a setting for a political purpose is retarded.
>>
File: 1491087820114.png (191KB, 512x468px) Image search: [Google]
1491087820114.png
191KB, 512x468px
>>2748474
I was reffering historically. Today there is definetly way too many of them, so much that its a shit hole. I dont blame them for moving out what so ever really.
>>
>>2748468
>Cast ethnicity right now is mostly a choice by either the director or the producers
So? It's not like it's a public service they're providing. It's private entertainment. With creative licensing. They're allowed to cast whoever they want. The only irritating thing is when they try to spin progressivism as historically accurate. It's the combination of both which is toxic.

That's the difference between director A saying "i've cast idris elba as alexander because he was the best actor auditioning for the role" and director B "i've cast idris elba as alexander because we know ancient macedonians were SSA". One is okay, the other is gay.
>>
>>2748506
If castors have any desire to accurately portray the people they are supposedly representing they would never cast a Black to play Alexander the Great.
>>
>>2747221

Because of Americanization. America fetishizes it's negroes and the West fetishizes the US.
>>
>>2748468
>at the cost of using not as well known actors
That's an understatement. Also you're talking like using less well known actors isn't actually a pretty fucking big disadvantage at the box office.
>>
>>2748472
>That being said what's fair is fair, it was the whites who founded the nation after all, what kind of subhumans would we be if we just stood by and watched the people who we've historically had their back get jumped?

Boy the La Raza and Aztlan guys must hate you topkek, but I know what you mean there is a but more history with us and the whites either way I'm getting a gun an learning how to shoot straight, this country is fucked.
>>
>>2748516
Sure of course, it does depend what they are going for. I'm just stating that most films are made for their entertaining value, and historicity usually comes second. But if a director does his film marketing about how accurate it is, then sure it deserves to be mocked for it. But those films are quite rare anyway, majority of the time it's just about getting the best/most marketable cast.
>>
>>2748523

Well that really depends. A less well known actor playing an "ethic role" doesn't mean they do worse than casting a more well known white actor.

The most well received characters in say, Kingdom of Heaven, was a man in a mask, who could be played by anyone, and Saladin, played by Ghassan Massoud. I don't think the movie would have been any better if they cast a better known white actor in his place.
>>
>>2746958
Yes, almost always in fact. Despite what you and the bloggers and podcasters that you follow might think; historical revision is not pinko entertainment producers hiring non-whites, but is in fact almost a natural process of historiography where new sources, new ideas, and new research affects how historians interpret history.
>>
>>2748575
>new sources about blacks in the UK
>new sources about black jesus
gtfo
>>
>>2748575
>>2746958
Read the pic the OP posted. That's pure cringe that will make an army of White nationalist faster than a million Richard Spencers could. The unawareness of leftist is embarrassing.
>>
It's obviously a joke you autists. That's the whole point of the line about Jesus being black.
>>
>>2748595
The writers of this show it seems are completely aware of what they're doing. Maybe you should read the pic.
>>
>>2748595
>Read the pic the OP posted.
How about you read my post before replying to it?
>>2748593
Same for you.
>>
>>2748595
It's really the right who is unaware of their revisionism. The left are at least having fun.
>>
>>2748611
>historical revisionism is fine when new evidence is uncovered
>no new evidence was uncovered, revise anyway
kys
>>
>>2748624
They're not even revising history you sperg.
>>
White people are gonna get erased from history. Whaddya gonna do? Unless white people start having riots over this shit as third worlders would in similar circumstances nothing is going to change. Oh well.
>>
>>2746958
>tfw when the postmodernists were right and the knowledge we acquire is mediated by mass culture which in turn is written by those who acquire their knowledge through mass culture and so on, until we cannot determine any reality beneath these signifiers
>>
>>2747363
is there an example of this? do you mean stuff like pederasty and such in ancient greece?
>>
>>2748624
I was addressing OP's question with regards to historiography which is what this board is for, not the specific instance of TV producers memeing about blacks, which is not actually historical revisionism and not what this board is for. Fuck off back to /tv/ or better tumblr with all the other shiteating Dr Who watchers.
>>
>>2748637
I swear I read this in a book when I was younger. Was it Chicken Little?
>>
>>2748634
They obviously are. Trying to make a point about vibrant and diverse the UK was in those times.

There were only about 20k blacks in the whole of england in the early 1800s. We know this because we still have the figures available.

>Modern historians estimate, based on parish lists, baptismal and marriage registers as well as criminal and sales contracts, that about 10,000 black people lived in Britain during the 18th century
gtfo with your revisionism is fine bullshit
>>
File: 1493145261887.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1493145261887.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>tfw one day claiming European countries used to be predominantly European will actually be a controversial position and you will be gas lighted by the newest crop of Sjws making you question your sanity and you will just come to accept that white Europeans always were a minority in Europe and the recently built mosques do in fact predate the Roman ruins
jdimsa
>>
>>2748659
I don't disagree with this. If there's significant evidence, then revising is justified.
>>
>>2748670
well almost all of then lived in London. So a higher concentration could justify their appearances.
>>
>>2748670
>Trying to make a point about vibrant and diverse the UK was in those times.

No they're not, otherwise you could argue they're trying to revise the race of Jesus.
>>
>>2748695
False. Most were limited to roles as servants and would have been spread across the country. It's not until the late 19th century they start concentrating around urban centres and joining the industrial workforce.

You're holding an anachronistic view.
>>
>>2748701
>regency england is more black than I thought
>So was Jesus. History's a whitewash.
Next you're gonna say the show doesn't really mean what it says, right?
>>
File: 507px-Cicero1.png (429KB, 507x600px) Image search: [Google]
507px-Cicero1.png
429KB, 507x600px
There is absolutely nothing excusable about story reviosinist, much less the way is handle today in an attempt to be inclusive to whatever minority is hip
I pity childre who will grow with this garbage and have their knowledge of story be dictated by video games and garbage like this
>>
>>2748595
See >>2748301

Revisionism is a normal thing in historical studies. What you're complaining about is not historical revisionism at all, but something else entirely.
>>
>>2748717
It makes more sense that taking it as some nefarious leftist plot to make Jesus black again.
>>
>>2748695
>>2748711
Also, we actually have population data for London going back centuries.

https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/historic-census-population

Inner London had 939k people in 1801, and has never had a lower population since. So if those 20k black people all lived in inner London, they would be about 2% of its population.
>>
>>2748725
Obviously there is a difference between academic revisionism and popular culture revisionism. Doesn't mean that one is necessarily harmless either. Both are toxic and pretending it isn't happening because muh books and peer-reviews are still safe is ignoring the problem.
>>
>>2748739
>Oh my God the minorities are going to revise history in order to oppress us just like we did to them!
>>
>>2748744
Two wrongs don't make a right, but these days they do make the left.
>>
>>2748737
But it's fucking false because shitloads of blacks arrived in the north through liverpool. They didn't start concentrating in the south til the late 19th.
>>
>>2748753
Never said it was a realistic assumption, just that even if it were the case, black people would still have been a tiny, tiny minority of London's population.
>>
>>2748744
The hypocritically thing about you faggots is in every thread about collective accomplishment you're the first to jump down peoples throats that "they didn't do anything as individuals" yet as soon as the opportunity arrives "we" oppressed minorities? Who is "we?" I never oppressed any nigger or kike. My ancestors didn't. Unless a small town in rural Europe had some secret niggers I didn't know about and beat them.

Also from a historical perspective no "oppression" of minorities took place. Euro-centrism is just the European perspective of events. Europeans can write whatever they want.
>>
>>2748750
Non-whites are incapable of the specialist, technical knowledge it takes to commit a genocide on this scale and hide the evidence. Less likely is that they'll ever unseat the elitist whites in control of the most powerful corporations in the first place. This 'race revisionism' is just a harmless exercise in controlled conditions maintained by whites in a white system. It is a strong system that would more likely see the literal destruction of the earth than any change of that system. So let people argue about who gets representation when in what cultural products. It's another fad. Just turn off your TV and your computer and do something with your life.
>>
>>2748744
>let me use a strawman so I can ignore that revisionism is bad thing even if it happens outside muh academia
k
>>
>>2748763
Literally none of your post applies to me, my beliefs, or what I said, but as long as you feel better after getting that off your chest.
>>
>>2748764
>ignoring the JQ and acting as though Jews are the same as your average German, Italian, Pole or Anglo
Incorrect assumption. Whites aren't a monolith. If you treat Jews as White they REALLY aren't a monolith.
>>
>>2748739
It's not ignoring the problem, it's realizing it's actually a different sort of problem to what it's being labeled as.

Historical revision implies that history is actively being revised by these things, when all that is actually happening is that various groups are basing their ideology on a shaky narrative to achieve group cohesion for some political purpose. Whether some idiots grow up believing Jesus was black or Gemanics had a great and powerful ancient empire can be cause for concern, but it doesn't and didn't revise history.
>>
>>2748766
How is it harmful then, if not to aid in control of a population?
>>
>>2748772
>Muh Jews

You think looking at lists of CEOs tells you who is in charge? Look at the holidays on your calendar if you want to see who decides your reality.
>>
>>2748538
Well it'd be easy to be a backstabber like the La Raza crowd but I like this whole Western Civilization deal better

Rather die defending it then having to live with what comes after

As for a gun, look into AR-15s, cheap, simple to use and clean and chambers a common round in the US
>>
>>2748786
Do you really think Jews in the media and your average White Englishman have the same interest?
>>
>>2748799
Have I said something to make you believe this? No.
>>
>>2748538
>>2748793

Is La Raza an overstated meme like white supremacy or does it actually have weight?

After seeing 30% of Hispanic Americas vote for Trump I'm not that inclined to think it's a movement that's either a threat or something that should even be taken seriously.
>>
>>2748806
So in regards to
>This 'race revisionism' is just a harmless exercise in controlled conditions maintained by whites in a white system.
It's irrelevant that it's Whites overseeing the historical revisionism which is misrepresenting White history. Your average European has every right to upset by it.
>>
>>2748775
Because it's actually extremely harmful to blacks, especially the plebs who might start to believe they were a significant percentage of the capital's population in 1818 and that they were affluent & free citizens. In reality the somerset case was passed barely 50 years before on the subject of whether black chattel was a perfectly legit thing. It's more harmful to them than anybody else because it really is "whitewashing" of the highest degree in the opposite way.
>YOU NEVER WUZ A SLAVE
>YOU NEVER WUZ INDENTURED
>YOU NEVER WUZ A CURIOSITY MINORITY SERVING IN RICH MANORS ACROSS THE COUNTRY
>YOU WUZ FREE N RICH N SHIET DAS RITE
>BUT ALL DA WHITEYS WHO MET YO ASS WUZ RACIST N SHIET
>EVEN THO 99% PROBABLY NEVER MET A BLACK MAN BECAUSE THERE WERE ONLY 20K OF YOU
But yeah sure, erasing the good and bad of history for the sake of cultural convenience is nothing harmful. It just skews the view of everyone involved.
>>
>>2748170

Yeah, the fuck when did 4chan become anti-4chan?
>>
>>2748836
unironically plebbit
>>
>>2748827
Historical revisionism is like globalism or neoliberalism. It's harmful to everyone. Black, White, Yellow, Orange, Red, Brown. Only the elites benefit from it.
>>
>>2748739
>Obviously there is a difference between academic revisionism and popular culture revisionism.
>Both are toxic
Holy shit you are a dumb fucking nigger. Get a charge going in your empty fucking head, read one of the explanations in this thread of what historical revisionism actually means, and then revise your fucking retarded opinions.
>>
>>2748836
Unironically /pol/ and people taking 4chan seriously as ideology and a meeting place of supposedly like minded individuals.
>>
>>2748817
>So let people argue about who gets representation when in what cultural products. It's another fad.

The white system remains, which is what matters. The average European getting upset is a part of that system.
>>
>>2748852
>durr i cant read
You're clearly the nigger here
>>
>>2748811
La Raza itself doesn't really have any weight but the idea they represent permeates among illegals and mexican nationalist chicanos/1st generation Americans (its as stupid as it sounds)

The 30% that voted for Trump are the ones who want to preserve the US but you'd be fooling yourself if you think there aren't a massive amount of illegals and their children in the southwest states who harbor a hatred for the US
>>
>>2748861
>The white system remains
That's a vapid and meanigless term though. Again, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic differences triumph over any "White system." Thinking a "White system" exist is lazy at best and factual incorrect.

Jews, Rich Anglo's, Middle class Anglo's, Poor Anglo's, Catholic Anglo's, Protestant Anglo's, Atheist Anglo's, ect don't have the same interest anymore than a Rich Anglo and a Middle Class Black have the same interest. A "White system" doesn't exist. It never did.
>>
>>2748732
That's retarded. Just because someone holds a certain view doean't mean they are part of a conspiracy.

Observing and commenting on cultural trends is perfectly legit. I don't think they do it out of spite, I think they do it because they unironically believe it. And they should be mocked for acting like retards, that is all.
>>
File: 1486506794713.jpg (66KB, 900x633px) Image search: [Google]
1486506794713.jpg
66KB, 900x633px
>>2748793
Yeah 5.56/.203 is kind of like the child of the US, so when I get a rifle I'll be going for that, but for now I'm settling with getting a 9mm of some kind.

>>2748811
Kind of depends. Its mostly associated with the narcos who use La Raza as a means to assert themselves, but not every group that calls itself La Raza are of the Aztlan crowd, most are people whose idealogical remnants stem from the Chicano movment in the 60's and 70's. Some of them are kind of like a Mexican "Black Panther" type group. Most Latinos, especually from mexico, are hyper leftists as well so marxism is sprinkled in their.

>he thinks 30% is a lot

Most of them were probably majority european heritage castizos like myself, I doubt many chollos or mestizos voted for Trump. Plus a lot of Hispanics just hate mexicans like puerto ricans do.
>>
>>2748922
>their.

there
>>
>>2748283
>university
there's your problem
>>
>>2748887
>Again, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic differences triumph over any "White system."

Found the indoctrinated liberal.

Jews, Rich Anglo's, Middle class Anglo's, Poor >Anglo's, Catholic Anglo's, Protestant Anglo's, Atheist Anglo's, ect don't have the same interest anymore than a Rich Anglo and a Middle Class Black have the same interest.

[citation needed]
>>
>>2748887
The white education system is not its individuals. It is abstract, and enacted through the individuals. But to say there is no white education system, one that teaches the science and value as developed by whites, is misguided. Individual differences are irrelevant to the system in which they are allowed to exist. They don't effect it, they are controlled by it. In capitalism we are given the illusion of choice; we have limited products from which to choose, and these products make up our ideas of what that product is, our perception, our reality. Capitalism belongs to a bigger system still, in which capitalism is allowed to operate. Things only exist because they are allowed to, in this system. Our ideas of Middle-Easterners are mediated for a purpose. We don't have an objective understanding of Islam, we never will, because it is not allowed. And there is no way this white system would ever allow anything that would result in its demise. History is irrelevant, and so its revision is harmless.
>>
File: 9mm fight.gif (3MB, 320x170px) Image search: [Google]
9mm fight.gif
3MB, 320x170px
>>2748922
>tfw /k/ is my home board

Depending on how big you are and if you can afford it, look into anything that chambers .45 ACP, bigger guys can conceal carry it just fine but if not, 9mm is a good CC round

I'm in between from Mestizo and Castizo, in a strange sense it kind of scares me that depending on who I have kids with and who my kids have kids with, my grandkids will probably look nothing like me
>>
>>2747120
haha it's just a prank bro, there's no agenda haha!
>>
>>2747120
>>2747135
yeah muh ((interest groups))

did you remember muh ((interest groups)) yet?

daily reminder muh ((interest groups))!

why don't you people just put 1488 at the end of all your posts so I can filter you easily and you don't spam le reddit at me out of buttpain as soon as I call you out for it?
>>
>>2746958
Absolutely never, especially when in a situation where someone might really believe it. Black English nobility and a black Jesus is just so much farther than I thought anyone would take it.
>>
>>2748968
>thinking the media can be shit/biased means you hate jews or think jews have something to do with it
Are you honestly this retarded or is it your favorite strawman?
>>
>>2748995
>rah rah ((interest groups))

continue pretending you aren't just proselytizing as always LARPer. please go on, tell me about the individual figures within your ((interest groups)) and how they all just happen to be the jews cherrypicked from wikipedo directories
>>
>>2748953
5'10 160, not swol enough for anything past 9mm sadly, plus 9mm is a much cheaper round.

>kids

80%-ish european myself, but even if I stay in my caste my kids will only remotely look like myself. I've just come to accept it desu
>>
>>2749022
Fuck it, just get a .22 submachine gun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rfJy4exPFE

I'm 6' 178lbs, I'd like to pack a .45 but ammo is fucking expensive

I want to get with a tall lady so my kids will come out tall, thats all that really matters to me
>>
>>2748946
>>2748948
Both of you are wrong and complete misinterpret what I said.
>>2748948
No "White system" exist. It's a fictional notion. You could perhaps argue Poland has a Polish system. Even that is vague.

>>2748946
So Tony Blair and Nigel Farage have the same interest because they are both English?
>>
/his/ - Civl war and mass unrest planning
>>
>>2749036
For some people brah, everything MUST be as simple as black and white, they can't fathom the idea that things can be a bit more complicated than they seem
>>
>>2748871
Revisionism is how historiography developed as a discipline, how the study of history developed as a discipline. Without revision history would just be repeating creation myths, it would be fixed, and there would be no room for reappraisal of events with new sources, schools of thought, more rigourous techniques.

Unplug yourself from memeshitting bloggers summoning it as a bogeyman, stop parroting them and develop some common fucking sense.
>>
>>2747528
>JESUS WAS WHITE WE WUZ JESUS N SHIT
>>
>>2748026
This is a British show right? BBC has quotas on # of blacks you have to show, so if you want the show made you have to put them there.

They wanted to make a medieval show but had to include blacks or it wouldn't be premiered.
>>
File: Syrians.jpg (128KB, 620x407px) Image search: [Google]
Syrians.jpg
128KB, 620x407px
>>2749051
>PEOPLE IN DEY LEVANT ARE 100% NIGGER DAS RITE
>>
>>2749036
>So Tony Blair and Nigel Farage have the same interest because they are both English?

The interest of Britain and the british people? Its just that one thinks diversity will help the british and the other doesn't. Marxist and capitalist jews find common ground in their opinions of zionism and other ethnocentric policies...

>misinterpret

All i said was "you're wrong" and [citation needed] for people not being inherently tribalistic by genetics, which all these people still are even if they have different opinions on class and religion topkek
>>
>>2749051
>>2749059
>thinking race in binary terms
Fucking Americans.
>>
>>2749059
>I HAVENT READ THE PARTS OF THE BIBLE WHERE JESUS DOESN'T LET IN GENTILES TO HIS RELIGION FOR AWHILE
>HE WAS A HELLENISTIC GREEK WITH JEWISH FRIENDS
>>
>>2748026
top lel

It doesn't even look right
>>
File: Young Syrian girls.jpg (159KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
Young Syrian girls.jpg
159KB, 660x495px
>>2749074
>Syrians are Hellenistic Greeks
Are you retarded? Jesus looked like a Galilean. People from the Levant. Protip: They aren't niggers.
>>
>>2749089
He never said Jesus was black. Jews aren't white by any metric.
>>
>>2749033
>22 submachine gun

Nah I'd rather get my pistol then rifle, I'm not rich enough for all 3. Would be pretty fun to get a full auto submachine gun at some point though.
>>
>>2749095
By the United States census he would have been.
>>
>>2749089
He was a semite ffs he might've had some mixed blood in him but he is not "white"
>>
>>2749058
I'm watching the Last Kingdom and thats a BBC show right? Everyone's white afaik.
>>
File: Assad.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Assad.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
>>2749105
If anyone is going to sit and tell me with a straight face Assad isn't White they're only deluding themselves. Plenty of Semites are "White" by my count.
>>
>>2749117
>having white skin and blue eyes is the same as the colloquial meaning of white implying european heritage

wew lad
>>
>>2749016
>literally can't stop calling anyone who dislikes x or y aspect of the media an antisemite
you're so wrong it's hilarious, I'll give you another (You) just to see what you'll come up with next

>>2749045
Nobody is disagreeing with you about historical revisionism being legit and necessary when evidence demands it. We're talking about media trends, not the academia.You're literally arguing against a strawman you made yourself.
>>
>>2749117
>>2749131
'White' was a mistake
>>
>>2749131
>colloquial meaning of white
Doesn't exist. Ask 10 different people and you'll get 10 different answers. The US census considers people from MENA to be White. Some people consider Southern Italians, Greeks and Spaniards to be brown. Armenians aren't Europeans but they're usually considered "White."

Some Semites are White, even if it's a minority. Put your shitskin delusions aside and just accept it.
>>
>>2749131
Holy fuck, then just say European you retards.

You literally just said having white skin doesn't make you white
>>
>>2749102
>>2749149
American meme census should be disregarded since lump they lump every caucasia as white ignoring the fact that the term has always been used to describe Europeans and those of European descent. That and they're not a authority on the matter as literally everyone else doesn't use it. The U.K classifies Pakis as Asians, rightfully so.

Pic related would be white by U.S. standards. Anyone with common sense would realize why that system is a complete joke.
>>
File: MG-4514.jpg (378KB, 1000x697px) Image search: [Google]
MG-4514.jpg
378KB, 1000x697px
>>2749167
Forgot pic.
>>
>>2749168
How do they unsheathe those knives?
>>
File: Syrian girl.jpg (927KB, 1800x1773px) Image search: [Google]
Syrian girl.jpg
927KB, 1800x1773px
>>2749168
First off, Pakis aren't Middle Eastern. They're South Asian. Second, Nice cherry picking photo. People from MENA aren't monolithic. Semites from the Levant are lighter than Semites from the Arabian Peninsula.

Your autistic obsession with grouping people into vague categories gets you no where.
>>
>>2749131
>having White Skin and Blue Eyes and White facial features doesn't make you White
People are alive right now who are this retarded. And they vote.
>>
>>2749167
>>2749168
Huh, it's almost like racial classification is arbitrary
>>
>>2749206
Well I guess if you get down to the nitty gritty of it all, there are biological differences between races henceforth the racial classification but the way most people on the internet split hairs about it is pretty ridiculous

Considering the volatile history of those regions, it wouldn't be surprising to find SOME people with European genetic make up in the middle east or Semitic genes in Europe

Of course you can't make a case on the exceptions
>>
>>2749186
>First off, Pakis aren't Middle Eastern. They're South Asian. Second, Nice cherry picking photo.
Which is proof that the U.S. census isn't a reliable indicator for race than it is for convenient demography. Pakis are not any different racially from MENA and they're hardly related to East Asians. You say that I'm cherry picking yet you cherry pick "white" Syrians?

>People from MENA aren't monolithic. Semites from the Levant are lighter than Semites from the Arabian Peninsula.
Not according to the U.S. census that you love using.
https://web.archive.org/web/20120207192658/http://www.aaiusa.org/page/file/b44c4328067fdc4dce_fybmvypay.pdf/TXdemographics.pdf
>Primary ethnic identification is derived from responses to the ancestry
question on the long (sample) form of the 2000 U.S. Census. Census data
on “Arabs” include the responses Lebanese, Syrian, Egyptian, Iraqi,
Jordanian, Palestinian, Moroccan, Arab or Arabic, and the following countries
collapsed as “Other Arab”: Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Kuwait, Libya,
Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen
>Yemen
They don't give a shit about skin tone.
>>
>>2749149
No you're the people who are delusional holy shit you measure "whiteness" by european DNA ffs.

Some people think the earth is flat and that the finland doesn't exist, that doesn't mean nothing exists because there is a conflict in beliefs.

>>2749152
>then just say x

Do you even know what Colloquial means? When people say "white" it implies of european background which is a term made by americans when they mixed a bunch of euros together and formed new ethnicities, then came the segregation era and people came up with "white" and "non-white" for the colloquial term of european. Even before america made the term populat "white" was a concept and term used among certain european authors.

>>2749193
People are alive right now who have this much hubris about their own beliefs. They vote. See the above text and fuck right off back to r*ddit
>>
>>2749193
>having White Skin and Blue Eyes and White facial features doesn't make you White

How can someone be this retarded? Is english not your first language, do you now know how phililogy works, kiddo? "White facial structures" topkek
>>
>>2749186
Not him but it's all semantics about descriptives tbqh

West asia is also MENA, or rather just ME. Asia minor is also included as part of western asia and MENA/ME. More often that not those terms overlap each other in their respective contexts.

While pakistan isn't quite MENA, it literally borders it. For most people MENA just encapsulates the continental bridge between europe and asia (and which happens to cuurently being culturally dominates by islam majority nations). You'd be pedantically correct but everyone will understand what they meant.
>>
>>2749233
Nobody considers Pakistan to be Middle Eastern unless they are geographically illiterate.
>>
>>2749223
>When people say "white" it implies of european background
Who the fuck says? I hear people all the time saying how the only true Whites are Nordics. Are they wrong?
>which is a term made by americans when they mixed a bunch of euros together and formed new ethnicities
No.
>Even before america made the term populat "white" was a concept and term used among certain european authors.
just contradicted yourself.
>>
>>2746973
I count five blacks, two asians and three whites.
>>
>>2749215
>Considering the volatile history of those regions, it wouldn't be surprising to find SOME people with European genetic make up in the middle east or Semitic genes in Europe
Indo-European BTFO the Harappans on the Indus river in India. My geography isn't the best, but I want to say that the Indus river is pretty close to Pakistan

So for literally all of that regions recorded history their has been quite a bit of European genetics floating around
>>
>>2749219
>Pakis are not any different racially from MENA
Bullshit. Look up any genetic test and you'd see differently.
>>
>>2749246
So 99% of the population? Most do include pakistan (to a small degree) and afghanistan (to a much wider one ) as part of MENA. I don't disagresle with you, it's just that autistic distinction dispute has already long sailed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MENA
>>
>>2749133
>Nobody is disagreeing with you about historical revisionism being legit and necessary when evidence demands it. We're talking about media trends, not the academia.You're literally arguing against a strawman you made yourself.
Except that idiots like this >>2748739 whom I quoted, and the others peppered around the thread. If this discussion isn't pertinent to historiography then it is neither historical revisionism, which has a particular definition despite the misuse as a buzzword; nor does it belong here.
>>
>>2749303
>complaining about memewords being overused on 4chan
Enjoy your stay
>>
File: 1464240485696.jpg (41KB, 375x592px) Image search: [Google]
1464240485696.jpg
41KB, 375x592px
>Wealthy Entrepreneur finds greener and better alternative to coal
>Makes hard but just decision that it's better to keep a fugly fished chained and feed it with stray alcoholics and orphans then thousands of children having their lives cut short in coal mines
>butthurt nigress thinks that's raciss when man reveals his true attitudes towards race when nearly everyone back then would of thought she was akin to an animal
>Evil White Male.jpg
>proceed to chimp out and get man killed then give his Mansion to colored street Orphans
>>
>>2746967
>you don't hate darkies? lololol you must hate hwites then CHECKMATE SJWS ;D
>>
>>2749253
>Who the fuck says? I hear people all the time saying how the only true Whites are Nordics. Are they wrong?

Yes?

>No.

Yes

>just contradicted yourself.

I was implying widespread usage in america vs esoteric usage in europe but that takes too much thought for you to process apparantly
>>
>>2749285
Considering this whole time you've been trying to convince me (or whoever else is reading this, or yourself) that no Syrian/middle easterner could possibly be White by any metric, getting the Middle East mixed up with Pakistan is a pretty glaring red flag.

At any rate, I was actually in the same boat you were once. I thought Whiteness being synonymous with Europeans was a good definition. The more I thought about it objectively the more I realized the definition is self-defeating. Any argument you could make for limiting the definition of Whiteness exclusively to Europeans, you could use to it to limit the definition of Whiteness further to only apply to specific sub-groups within Europe. The fact is, alot of Southern Europeans really DO have some non-European DNA. Around 10-15%. Alot of Russians, Finns, ect really do have mongoloid DNA. If Whiteness because exclusive to DNA than alot of people in some cases who are literal blond hair blue eyed become non-White/mixed despite being physically White as possible.
>>2749152
Is right. If you're talking about Europeans as a collective group, just say Europeans. No ones ever going to convince me someone like Assad isn't White, but he clearly isn't European. Same with these girls >>2749219. I'm not convinced these girls aren't White. That doesn't mean they should be allowed to live in European countries because they shouldn't.
>>
>>2749133
>You're literally arguing against a strawman you made yourself.
You might have had a point any other time, but we're all posting in a thread in which the OP uses the phrase historical revisionism unironically while bringing up said media trend.

There is nothing wrong with reminding people to stop using a phrase incorrectly.
>>
>>2749185
The knives aren't actually that curvy, the sheathe is just bent like that at the end so that it hooks your belt when you go to draw the knife.
>>
>>2749370
>muh semantics
Bet you're one of those faggots who insists that people say 'cannon' for the plural instead of 'cannons'
>>
>>2749410
Maybe if we were on /can/ - Cannon & Artillery. But we're not. It's not like I care all that much or will go out my way to stop others from being wrong about how they use the phrase 'historical revisionism', just don't ask me to take them or their points seriously if they can't be arsed to sound like they know what they're talking about.
>>
>>2749410
What kind of mouth-breather uses "cannons"?
>>
>>2746958
Doctor Who is, and always was, nonsensical looney tunes bullshit. It isn't history, not even remotely.
>>
>>2749368
>Considering this whole time you've been trying to convince me (or whoever else is reading this, or yourself) that no Syrian/middle easterner could possibly be White by any metric, getting the Middle East mixed up with Pakistan is a pretty glaring red flag.
Nah not me, I was just arguing over the use of the term MENA itself and to whom it can sometimes apply.

I completely agree with your point about "white" being retarded.
>>
When it's based on reliable evidence then it's a good thing. How is revising history to provide a more accurate portrayal of the past based on new evidence a bad thing? There's nothing to get butthurt about, if you read BBC it's pretty evident they're a leftward leaning organization, and it's just a TV show.
That being said I enjoy most of the BBC's content.
>>
Holy fuck this episode made people shit the bed, I mean we got a bunch of beaners outright planning for some kind of race war because of this shit.
>>
>>2749266
Fuck me that is so fascinating

Know any good books on the Indus Valley Civilization and the Indo-Aryan migration theory?
>>
>>2747411
Explain
>>
>>2748360

Our current president will fix the issue.
>>
>>2747364
>implying God isn't a white male
>>
>>2747411
Ummm....

https://www.oldbaileyonline.org/static/Population-history-of-london.jsp#a1815-1860
>The Irish made up perhaps the single largest immigrant group. In 1841, when the first census to record the birthplace of Londoners was taken, 4% of the population were from Ireland, representing 73,000 individuals.

Not the best source, but still... If the largest group of immigrants is the Irish, at ~4% of the population, it seems you'd be damned lucky to ever see a black.

Now, I suspect the number might go up at a festival like this, or at a trade port, but depicting the place as less than half white('ish)...

And I wouldn't have a problem with it, in and of itself, if they weren't repeatedly calling attention to it, coupled with the rest of the crap. It's Doctor Who, not expecting historical accuracy here. But I'm also not expecting them to bend over backwards to be historically inaccurate for no reason related to the plot and harp on it, much less expect to have the Doctor completely break his traditional modus operandi to further the offtopic preachy political point. (Look! Old white defending poor black girl from old white guy!)

There's been a lot of other episodes that covered racial and other social issues much better, even making them plot central, without being preachy and shoehorning them in like this. I even think a few of those were among the best episodes of all time, and unlike most of 4chan, it's not as if I approve of racism. But this was just...

Meh, in the end, it isn't a >>>/his/ problem or even a >>>/pol/ problem for me. It's a >>>/tv/who/ problem.

Doctor Who has always tackled social issues, but the show usually does so by pointing to a bigger picture, rather than simply mindlessly ridiculing it and telling outright lies. That's not helping the kids understand the world they live in - that's just forcing encouraging blind extremism, which in turn breeds more from the opposite end.
>>
>>2750090
What episodes are you talking about being among the best of all time anon? I don't want to shit on your opinion I feel like jumping into a bit of Dr Who as of late.
>>
>>2747457
Why would blacks even be there? Slaves? There were no African colonies at this point, and by the screenshot's impression it seems like London was colonized by the Africans.
>>
>>2748057
Just ask about Adolf "Poo Poo" Hitler
>>
>>2750100
Getting further and further away from /his/ here, but... As far as episodes that tackled these sort of issues are concerned, "Human Nature->The Family of Blood", where the Doctor's black companion Martha is forced to go undercover as his maid in 1914. I would not recommend it as an introductory episode, as it plays on the entirely unrequited love that's developed between the two characters.

Capaldi had an episode dealing with immigration, where it turned out the brown immigrants really were terrorists, and similarly, tackled that issue much better, even taking up both sides of the argument. The two parter, "The Zygon Invasion->Inversion", culminated in one of the most linked Doctor Who speeches of all time. Those might stand on their own, even if they reference shit that happened not only in NuWho but Classic Who.

As far as introductions go, mostly Tennant... "Blink" is good - despite the fact you barely see the Doctor. "Midnight" is good. "The Girl in the Fireplace" is good while also being much more typical of the series format. "Utopia->The Sound of Drums->Last of the Timelords->The End of Time" made for a good finale. On Matt Smith we have "The Doctor’s Wife" by Neil Gaiman, "The Girl Who Waited" and a few other gems. Capaldi has the Zygon episodes mentioned, "The Magician's Apprentice", where the delight is more centered on The Master/Mistress and Clara going on a bit of adventure and some Classic Who Davros references. "Heaven Sent" where Capaldi finally gets some time to himself (to say the least). The Christmas Specials tend to turn the cheese up, but Smith's "A Christmas Carol", "The Snowmen", and "The Time of the Doctor" were all fun. Tennant's special "The Waters of Mars" also had a great ending.

My favorite will probably always be Tom Baker's "The City of Death", but if ya didn't grow up in the 70's/80's, you may not fully appreciate the cheese. Lalla Ward was the only companion who was The Doctor's near equal.
>>
>>2750188
Thanks anon
>>
>>2748283
Americans will take an ideology and make it as retarded as possible.

I never experienced this at uni.
>>
>>2747392
>If I cannot use my standard counter-argument on you, you're edgy/autistic/[random buzzword]
>>
>>2748236
>a movie about Gengis Khan in which Gengis Khan is interpreted by Channing Tatum.
I'd watch it.

Also you're completely missing the point, intentionally or not.
>>
>>2749111
That's probably because Cornwell has a boner for realism. They probably had to push him hard enough to have the historical inaccuracies already in the show.
>>
>>2749452
This.

I just could not give less of a shit about Doctor Who.
>>
ITT: historical revisionism is okay only as long as reddit, leftypol, and revleft agree with it
>>
>>2746958
>White person in the early 1800s
>Not a racist
He could literally punch the first person he sees and he would be punching a racist
>>
File: 1491918150254.jpg (398KB, 1524x1708px) Image search: [Google]
1491918150254.jpg
398KB, 1524x1708px
>>
File: 1465407982513.png (788KB, 1267x663px) Image search: [Google]
1465407982513.png
788KB, 1267x663px
>>
File: 1471426117555.png (938KB, 1235x667px) Image search: [Google]
1471426117555.png
938KB, 1235x667px
>>
>>2746958
Doctor Who has been going for the Tumblr crowd since David Tennant left so I'm hardly surprised
>>
>>2746986
>nobody pays attention to one of the few halfway decent replies in the thread
Sad!
>>
>>2751913
and who is surprised?
>>
>>2751908
>>2751906
I didn't mind it in that episode, they weren't taking pains to point it out and bring it up every three seconds, unlike this latest one.

Maybe the moors just decided to visit that day. Maybe darkie extras are cheaper. *shrug*
>>
>>2747454
I hate how people always post this and say it's Jesus. If anything it's a picture of a typical man of that era. Not some facial recreation or anything.
>>
>>2749111
Oh shit I forgot about this show. It has very ambitious plans but the ratings weren't so good if I remember. Will they make it?
>>
>>2751951
tumblr is surprised, they unironically believe every black face is as groundbreaking as uhura
>>
>>2747928
>20-30k
I highly doubt there were that many
>>
File: abbas.jpg (34KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
abbas.jpg
34KB, 800x450px
>Jesus was Palestinian
>Palestinians are black

You can't have both unless you're /pol/
>>
>>2746958
>Is historical revisionism ever justified?
Yes, if it makes history more progressive and inclusive because it serves as a model for the future, which is what matters rather than autistic ideas about "authenticity".
>>
>>2747383
Being a centrist just means that you follow along with whoever's agenda is stronger. A sheep, basically. I call that infantile
>>
>>2748922
>he thinks 30% is a lot
That's not the point though, especially since you brought up that "most" of them are white anyway.
The point is that Castizos, mestizos, indios, etc all have a fucking CONTINENT AND A HALF to practice Lat-Am culture in and to be spanish rape-babbies in. But noooooh, they have to come up to the Anglo North and turn that hispanic too.
>>
>>2752229
Bullshit. History should be accurate so that we CAN use it as a model of what to learn from, our mistakes etc.
>>
>>2746986
Except there is literally video footage of London from at least the 1920s that shows a London with a non-butchered skyline and a white population, as opposed to being only 40% white today. I take video evidence over ""scholarship"" any day
>>
>>2747412
>speaking truth to power
I don't don't why but that meme phrase drives me up the wall and makes me want to reject both the concepts of truth and power as irrelevant spooks.

>teehee I am le moral high ground because I speak le truth to le power
WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THAT YOU'RE QUALIFIED TO SPEAK THE TRUTH!
>>
>>2753389
>blindly allowing an oligarchy to decide what your opinions are and then having the AUDACITY to call other people sheep
wew
>>
>Is historical revisionism ever not possible

You're confusing lies with revisionism. They are two different things although lying is a terrible form of historical revisionism. So long as you're a conscious being history will always be 'a revision'
>>
>>2747032
>I don't care if they put a minorities in lead roles or genderbend a traditionally male character.
Ehh depends on HOW they do it. For example, I don't mind shit like Black Knight, since it is blatantly making a 'black' movie, so the black hero being a knight and there being a black noblewoman for him to conveniently have a mono-racial romance with is fine.
The shit with the BBC however, with shit like Doctor Who and all the Arthurian shows with niggers in them are not making a 'black' movie in a certain time period. They put nogs in roles like Lancelot in shows that are meant to quintessentially (no memes pls) British. Thus, they suggest that Britain "was never white" in a kind of Leibowitz way. Or, like this Doctor does, they just don't even try to hide their bullshit and just flat out tell lies.

tldr: It really depends on the context of the media in question if the race-swapping is just harmless fun or propaganda
>>
>>2747279
>TVOntario
Well Trudeau already sunk his teeth into Canada by then anyway, so I guess it makes sense
>>
>>2753444
>Blindly letting societal norms dictate what you find to be 'acceptable' opinions and then having the audacity to be mad at someone else having the audacity to call you a sheep
>>
>>2753472
Oh yeah, I agree

When I wrote that bit I was talking about fiction though. Like when everyone was sperging out about the female ghostbusters.

I don't know how anyone can commit the energy to be mad about the casting of a fucking ghost movie.

I barely have the energy to finish my schoolwork and shitpost on /his/
>>
>>2747454
Bashar Al Assad is from Syria and he is pretty light-skinned (with blue eyes), same with other Syrians. Bibi is Israeli and he is pretty light-skinned too.
That picture is pretty shit thought, because they made it look like not-Jesus look like he has the Downs
>>
>>2747526
>There maybe a nuclear war at some point, that maybe in part due to that nationalist counter reaction putting extremists in power.
>Implying the nationalist boogeymen in your head wouldn't turn all their nukes on Africa and India (Europe could take the amount of nukes India has)
Shit strawman desu
>>
>>2747526
Tee bee aytch, if there's a nuclear war, it'll be between India and Pakistan.
>>
>>2749058
>They wanted to make a medieval show but had to include blacks or it wouldn't be premiered.
So make it clear that they are Moorish merchants or something ffs. But don't fucking make Lancelot a nigger
>>
>>2748355
>Either way, Hollywood has changed a lot from the 50s, even if the pendulum has started to swing to the opposite retarded extreme.
>Centrism has always been what you would consider centrist today
No faggot the average centrist today would be seen as a Commie faggot in the 50's, just as the average centrist in the 50's would seem like a problematic nazi-racist today
>>
>>2748458
>What kind of mental gymnastics does someone have to pull too think the capital of an empire isnt going to have a fucking sizeable amount of none euro ethnics.
They sure as hell wouldn't look like landed gentry. And anyway, there really weren't that many non-whites in Britain back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgxki8_R968
>>
>>2753434
I was responding to historical revisionism in general not to this particular case.
>>
>>2748854
>Unironically /pol/
Absolute faggot detected. If you weren't gay you would say the election/gamergate which attracted shitloads of Redditors like yourself and is even an opinion any /pol/ack can agree too
Also you're second reason is really funny because apparently /his/ sees this board that way and tells people to "go back to /pol/" if they say anything that doesn't agree with them; I guess they think /his/ a meeting place of supposedly like minded individuals and that /pol/acks are an actual monolithic group
>>
>>2749223
>Even before america made the term populat "white" was a concept and term used among certain european authors.
Hurr Durr? The First Congress of the USA literally restricted citizenship to whites of good character. If it wasn't a 'popular' term back then, the commoners would have not known what the fuck they meant by this
>>
>>2753513
I was talking about fiction too man, unless Martin Lawrence really did go back in time.
With Ghostbusters though, literally no one would have given a fuck if they actually had funny (>implying) woman actors and if they weren't being blatantly feminist
>>
>>2753671
>I was talking about fiction too man, unless Martin Lawrence really did go back in time.
Actually, recent archeological evidence has shown that he was there

That's why we haven't seen him in any movies recently
>>
>>2753436
It's shorthand for saying "We got Nixon impeached that one time, you should listen to use about everything."
>>
>>2751903
>medieval

It's post english civil war
>>
>>2751903
That's just sad.
>>
>>2753389
>Being a centrist just means that you follow along with whoever's agenda is stronger.
That'd be the opposite of being a centrist.
>>
>>2753532
>>2753544
Africa and, at the moment, India aren't a threat to Europe, so I don't see why they would. If anything they are both resource pools.

But if you wanna see how nationalism starts wars, just take a gander at the last two world wars. Economic globalism, followed by overwhelming US military power being countered by the threat of nuclear retaliation, are the primary reasons we haven't had a third one. Nationalism kills globalism, encourages isolationism, and in turn spurs conflicts. Without globalism, once we have a limited nuclear exchange, those other two factors go out the window.

I mean, if you want a modern example of extreme nationalism, look at Best Korea... Imagine the amount of conflict if every nation was some variant of Best Korea.
>>
>>2746992
>lying about history

Have.. have you watched doctor who before?

One of the doctors boned queen elizabeth the 1st.
>>
>>2747037
Slavery was abolished in the British Empire by then, it just hadn't been totally phased out yet.
>>
>>2748283
The academy has been co-opted by Marxists who hate everything about western civilization. They lie, distort, denigrate, and bully at every opportunity in service to their ideology.
>>
>>2747538
>But it is amazing how leftists in West always try to provoke or shit on Christianity with things like that.

The message here is more anti religious than anti racist I think.

When depicted by any traditional culture Jesus will be depicted as part of their community, including skin colour. There is absolutely nothing racist about that. To the contrary, it is a nice example of cultural blindness to skin colour.

The statement that Jesus was probably not white could only enrage a very small dumb racist minority who happened to be Christian.
>>
>>2748283

I wish someone would record these instances of anti white professors because I always find these stories way too hard to believe.

Though I don't want to discard them either, never set a foot in an American university so what do I know.
>>
>>2753513
Nobody would have cared about Cisbusters if the marketing (or fuck, the entire premise really) for the movie hadn't been "DUDE FEMINISM LMAO STOP CRYING ABOUT US SHITTING ALL OVER YOUR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES TO MAKE A POLITICAL STATEMENT".
>>
>>2747457
London, in 1950 had signs in bars saying "no blacks, no irish, no dogs" why wouldn't they have a problem with niggers in the 1800's?
>>
>>2749167
In Canada our census only counts Europeans as white, if you're from South or central America your put under the Hispanic category. So according to our census Argentina is not white
>>
>>2750188
My first episode was Tennant in Gridlock, which I still enjoy.
>>
>>2755780
there were very few in London, racist beliefs wouldn't develop among the masses of ordinary people living out their everyday lives who had never been to the plantations in the colonies
>>
>>2755402
>literally millions of invaders heading to europe
>being given free money and the right to vote
>"not a threat"
>>
>>2756170
I somehow think nuking them wouldn't cut down on that, so much as exacerbate the effect.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.