[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Setting Up Personal Wi-Fi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: R7000P_Hero_Transparent.png (108KB, 440x295px) Image search: [Google]
R7000P_Hero_Transparent.png
108KB, 440x295px
Whats up my /g/s
Currently live in student accommodation and I can't live with this fucking wi-fi. I have to pay £30 to use a stupid code for the network and then it's only for that one device. The MAC address is registered and then I have to Pay again to add more...

Pretty much this is what I need help with: Setting up a router that runs of the existing ethernet in the flat. Changing that router's WAN MAC to the MAC address of my laptop so I don't have to pay for more codes. Then making sure other devices connected to that router are able to connect to the internet.

Discuss how this could be done, also bonus if there's a way to do it using a BT Home Hub 3 because i already own one.
>>
How is just hooking a router up to the existing ethernet not enough?
>>
>>62004649
Because I need to enter a code into a webpage that show's up when you originally connect to the wifi. This doesn't show up however because it's a router. This is why i want to change it's WAN MAC so I can bypass the whole enter a passcode phase
>>
>>62004606
Login into the router you want to use. Go wherever it says clone MAC address. Put the MAC address of your notebook. Plug the router to the ethernet port. That's it.
>>
Welcome to to /g/- personal tech support. A highly trained representive will be in this thread shortly. Thanks!
>>
>>62004680
>also bonus if there's a way to do it using a BT Home Hub 3 because i already own one.
Where on this router?
>>
We are having a discussion about containment threads right now, so go to (You)rs.

>>>/g/sqt/
>>
>Discuss how this could be done
From the router's configuration page. My cheap 15 burger-dollar Walmart router has a page to set the MAC address.
>>
>>62004693
Good luck on that locked down garbage

I'd be willing to bet the firmware won't let you do anything fun like that
>>
>>62004606
Clone your mac address across all your devices with a router you setup.
>>
>We are having a discussion about containment threads right now
Link
>>
>>62004693
This? https://www.filesaveas.com/images/bthomehub3_rear.jpg
The red one. And if you were asking where to clone the MAC address, I'm not familiar with the GUI of that particular router. Upload screenshots so we can tell you or click on every option until you find it.
If you don't know what's the MAC address of your laptop open come and type ipconfig /all .
>>
>>62004728
>>62002855
>>
>>62004778
thanks bb
>>
Apparently you cant clone MAC address on that router. Source: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/dslrouter/4007004-bt-home-hub-3-mac-address.html?fpart=all

If that's true then just get a cheap tp link 841.
>>
>>62004836
Thanks My dude just ordered a TP link router and imma do it tomorrow, thanks for the help guise
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.