[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/a/ killing generals >>>/a/161301962 Would /g/ benefit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 19

File: Screenshot_20170820-142445.png (863KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170820-142445.png
863KB, 1440x2560px
/a/ killing generals

>>>/a/161301962

Would /g/ benefit?
>>
/g/ has nothing to discuss
>>
>>62002855
>Would /g/ benefit?
Yes, absolutely. The watch general is basically consumerism, doesn't pertain to /g/, and belongs on /fa/.
>>
>>62002899
/g/ is just /a/ v2, newfag
>>
>>62002855
Not really, we're a slow board.
Removing generals would result in hundreds of duplicate threads asking about the same 6-7 topics, thinkpads, watches, headphones, battlestations, build threads, GNU/Linux, etc.
>>
>>62002945
/g/ doesn't even post concrete girl anymore, kid
>>
>>62002855
Absolutely, get rid of all generals except /fglt/, /sqt/ and /dpt/. Move all the other generals to another board. Bring back desktop threads, if anyone tries to spam them just ban them.
>>
>>62002980
/sqt/ is actually useful

you don't want faggots spamming the board with 'am i doing rite guise' threads, better to have them all in the same place
>>
>>62002855
I can agree on some things, but no /dpt/ that's is not nice. I get that you can say that /wsr/ could be more useful but it's /g/ either they close /dpt/ and bring /prog/ back or else.
Deleting some threads might be more useful here as half the threads are some form of a flame war.
In short. Bring /prog/ back!
>>
>>62002855
Every board would benefit. Once generals exist people become too shy to post separate threads for their specific subject, and then everything devolves into general cancer.
>>
Don't take away my /csg/ ;_;
>>
/csg/ is actually a great general, something like that shouldn't be taken away, since its accessible for everyone. Its also practically the only review general we have.
>>
>>62002967
this
>>
>>62002967
But people only post in those generals because they are constantly on page 1.
>>
>>62002910
I once said that if they cared about timekeeping they should get digital watches. They said they don't care about timekeeping and just want to look good.
>>
>>62003160
>>62002910
/fa/ watch generals don't give 2 fucks about the technology, they buy fossil and michael kors shit just because it's a fashion item to them
>>
/a/ generals are cancerous because the discussion of the show and it's characters quickly stops and they become exclusively image dumps.
>>
>>62003044
sqt is literally against the rules, sticky says no tech support/help threads
>>
>>62002910
Yeah but the watch general is one of the most well behaved ones at least. If you ban it would we get new threads starting up of people's new watches.
>>
>>62003239
And people who make this claim are delusional because thats literally what the entire baord is by now. A Dragonball circlejerk is no different from "which Keion would you fuck". The vast majority of /a/s threads is dogshit and by removing generals you accomplish literally nothing except for flooding the board the board with more shitty threads since the general fags arent being contained anymore. Its one of the most retarded moves I have ever witnessed but I am not surprised that /a/s utterly incompetent mods are the ones to have made it.

>>62002855
No it wouldnt. Take /hpg/ for example. Do you really want to have 10 threads of people asking what headphones they should buy? Or want the autistic Beyerdynamic shill posts "snapheiser" threads on an hourly basis? What about /mkg/? Board would be flooded with fucking keyboard threads. There is literally no reaosn to remove generals or limit them in any way, it will only result in more niche threads to vanish even faster than tehy already do. Who exactly would benefit from that?
>>
>>62003900
Yet technology can be complicated.
>>
>>62002855
yep
>>
>>62003963
that's what Google is for
>>
>>62002855
Yes please!
>>
>>62003951
/a/ mods actually cared enough to try to do something about the problem with generals
>>
>>62003951
/a/ isn't supposed to be another generic animu forum
>>
>>62004012
This. Delete any gaymen discussion on sight. 3 day for first offence, perm on the next.
>>
This board was better when anime spam was our biggest concern
>>
>>62004012
/g/ has more gamer shitposting than /v/ it doesn't make sense
>>
>>62004012
I blame (((them))).
>>
>>62004031
those were the good times
they should bring back desktop threads
>>
>>62004035
Because /v/ and anti-/v/ hate each other
>>
>>62004031
>>62004063
There was no reason to get rid of desktop threads, if you just banned the 3 faggots who made a dozen threads there wouldn't be a problem
>>
>>62003995
>>62004004
I dont see how "doing something that is completely retarded and nonsensical" could ever be worth any form of praise. Just because you do something doesnt mean that its the right thing to do. What they did made the board even worse than it was before, which in itself is quite the accomplishment if I might say so. It doesnt matter if they care, they should at least put some thought into it prior to desperately trying to enforce something that they should know is impossible to enforce.

Besides, how could there ever be a problem with generals? If a show is currently airing then the fanbase has reason to discuss things. Who are you to claim that their reasons arent good enough? Not everybody watches and episode on release day so people who watch it 3 days later can just hop into the general and join the "discussion" instead of making another thread. Who gives a shit if theres a circlejerk thread if that saves the entire board from 20 "what did you think of episode X"? /a/ is already too fast, niche shows cant be discussed which is precisely why /m/ exists. Get rid of generals and the board is even faster. How should you ever be able to discuss non seasonal trash now?
>>
>>62002855
Interestingly, a large number of posters on /v/ who were around when /vg/ was created (i.e. all generals banned permanently from /v/) claim that's what lead to the shitty state the board's in now.
With the huge number of posters all trying to talk about the same things, you end up with multiple similar threads at the same time that aren't quite staying on topic (for example, at least 3 near-identical OPs every time a new GPU is announced).

It might work better with /a/ however, since a lot of /vg/ generals are for multiplayer games and are there to let people organise themselves instead of solely for talking about the game (like /a/ does with series).

>>62004012
>This shit happens while I'm typing
God damn it
>>
>>62004078
fuck off, nobody cares about your desktop, speccy, pcpartpicker, chair/phone you bought
>>
>>62004113
Lots of people cared about desktop threads and speccy/pcpartpicker were just /v/ermin trying to fit in.
>>
>>62004113
anime website
>>
>>62004087
Newfags and occasional visitors love generals because they can just open "their" thread of interest and ignore the rest
Oldfags want to see variation and new shit, not the same threads with the same bullshit repeated a 1000 times

I blame the catalog, since you can effectively ignore everything else happening. You couldn't do that without it, and would often open random threads with interesting discussion

The catalog basically made 4chan into yet another generic webforum
>>
>>62004158
Yeah, catalog was a mistake
>>
>>62003084

Consumerist shit, nothing to do with technology.
>>
>>62004158
>Oldfags want to see variation and new shit
Youre mentally challenged if you think that the removal of generals results in different threads. If anything, it results in more of the same and the niche threads vanishing even faster.
>>
Generals are subreddits, good riddance.
Sadly /g/ is beyond saving, like >>62004012 said there are too many subhumans on this board and mods, assuming that they exist, don't give a fuck.
>>
Remember when generals were called "containment threads"?
>>
Would sadpanda threads be allowed on /g/?
>>
>>62004048

I know you're trying to joke but you're correct.
>>
File: tt.jpg (209KB, 1071x618px) Image search: [Google]
tt.jpg
209KB, 1071x618px
>>62002855

>/a/ killing generals

No they're not.

/a/ mods already got BTFO by Dragon Ball fans
>>
>>62002967
>t. general fag
>>
>>62004253
Gas yourself subhuman spic.
>>
>>62003148
Then maybe people should stop to order threads by most recent bump and use creation date instead. Anyone with a functional brain does so already.
>>
File: _.png (4KB, 228x30px)
_.png
4KB, 228x30px
/htg/ Hidden Thread General
>>
>>62002910
removing gens would just throw all the buyfag crap into their own separate threads like "what watch should I buy /g/?" or "what headphones should I get????"

NO ONE NEEDS OR WANTS THIS
>>
>>62004316
>>62004297

/a/ mods have already stopped deleting DBS generals. their ban didn't even last a day
>>
Generals are needed on /a/ to stop show spam. The mods there now are clearly new and have never seen a Geass Sunday or Kill la Kill day.

Just wait until a show becomes popular enough again. On those levels. They'll quickly reverse this stupid decision.
>>
>>62004397
Because a new episode came out. Give it a day and they'll all disappear.
>>
File: 1501196925844.jpg (393KB, 950x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501196925844.jpg
393KB, 950x720px
>>62002972
nani?
>>
>>62004411
Generals kill discussion. Front page spam lasts a day, show generals turn to eternal dumb imagedumps.
Besides you should know that kinoposting is the staple of that certain mod.
>>
ban the faggots who are so insecure that they need people on an anonymous anime imageboard to tell them 'yea, your hentai desktop and loli spinner is alright'.
>>
>>62004511
anime website
>>
>>62004514
reading comprehension
>>
>>62004526
anime website
>>
File: 1497980115368.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497980115368.gif
2MB, 540x540px
>>62004511
>begin this insecure
>>
>>62004172
>fuck ease of use lmao
>>
File: 1488223042727.jpg (195KB, 864x630px) Image search: [Google]
1488223042727.jpg
195KB, 864x630px
>>62004583
you pretend to be sarcastic but you are right
ease of use means a higher chance of niggers and faggots finding there way here
although i like the catalog so maybe im not the one who are to be criticise
>>
>>62004623
Again, this could easily be fixed by making the default catalog order be "time of creation" instead of "most recent bump". Also: I dont remember myself EVER opening any more threads before catalogs than I do now. Due to the catalog being so piss easy to navigate I just open 20 threads when I first come online. You scroll and open a new tab. This never happened before the catalog because navigating boards was a complete pain in the ass and niche threads just died on page10 because most people never bothered to go back that far.
>>
>>62004583
Unironically yes
also remove reply links and (you)s [spoiler]and make the captcha even more difficult[/spoiler]
>>
>>62002855
A hard shutdown on all generals would destroy what's left of /g/. Instead several loose topic generals can be moved to more fitting boards. Watches go to /fa/, private trackers could go to a sfw /t/ variant.
>>
>>62002855
make a separate board for consumerist technology
also bring back /prog/
>>
Y'all faggots brought this up and now we're being spammed by generals.
>>
Few general threads (mpv, webdev) include nice sources in initial copypasta. As long as we properly move these to wiki, no problem with killing them. First 50 comments are mostly pointless trash and rest is ignored.
>>
>>62002945
No, /g/ is just /v/ overflow.
>>
>>62004782
The text boards are gone forever let it go
>>
>>62004850
doesnt have to be a text board
>>
>>62002855
Overall, no. There are a tonne of people who come here with the same few questions / topics. We benefit by having these centralized (pcbg, ptg, dpt, fglt, hpg, and formerly spg), from both a reduction in similar / identical threads, as well as better visibility for their discussion.

I will not go back to having ~30% of the threads on this board be faggots asking which smartphone they should buy.
>>
>>62004850
we could still have a prog image board
and just let /g/ be the consumerist shithole it already is
>>
Keep generals.
But do some cleanup.

Watches to /fa/, trackers to /t/, battlestations and guts to /p/.

Then plug the fucking stream of /pol/ that's leaking into here. Purely racial or sexual threads are off-topic and need purging. Threads about SJWs in tech companies and/or on the web belong on /biz/. Something being related to technology doesn't make it technology; that's why we got rid of cryptocurrencies.
>>
>>62004457
>>62004571
Kill yourself trap loving degenerate
>>
>>62004935
anime website
>>
>>62002855
Yes, yes, ten thousand times yes. Generals do nothing but encourage cancer on this board. The only two worth anything are the programming related ones. Other than that, we don't need a constant thread on a fucking video player, watches, or buying shit from chinks.

>>62002967
Do you think /trv/ would appreciate a shitload of off-topic threads full of retards because it would make their board faster? Quantity is not quality.
>>
>>62004935
Remember that programming socks are a thing here faggot.
>>
>>62004883
The watchfag thread isn't about fashion at all though. It does not belong on that board and the users would refuse to go. It would be like putting the fragrance general on /g/. When /fa/ does have a watch thread it's almost the total opposite to the way /g/ ones are and people constantly recommend stupid meme fashion watches from Rolex and Hermes.
>>
>>62005072
sounds like you know a lot about /fa/ watch threads and belong there
>>
Every board would benefit. Unfortunately the mods haven't realized that yet and so they keep applying one-off solutions like /vg/, /qst/, and now this.
>>
Yes. Absolutely. /ptg/ in particular; for some reason it isn't allowed on /t/.
>>
>anime ended
>general is still there
>image dump
>samefagin
>every 2 hrs a new post
>>
>>62005072
>isn't about fashion at all
I've lurked and participated in them to learn about the actual technology behind watches. Weighing a handful of images/replies about the actual technology against the rest of the content they're about fashion, in the sense of consumers showing off what they think makes them look good. Just because /fa/ does a shit job of it doesn't make it the wrong place to be.

Just think of the same train of logic as I apply it to battlestations and guts. Forget a watch thread with maybe 5-6 images of movements and electronics. /bst/ and /guts/ are literally ALL images of technology. But that doesn't mean they belong here. Those threads are literally photography threads with a single theme for the subject. Which is exactly something you could put on /p/, the same way /tv/ can have an entire thread about a single TV show as the theme.
>>
>>62005148
/ptg/ belongs on /trash/
/t/ moves slowly, there are still threads on there from years ago. neo-/ptg/ moves fast, there are like two new threads made per day. /ptg/ on /t/ would be awful, so the next logical choice is /trash/, which is what neo-/ptg/ is. neo-/ptg/ is 90%+ shitposting, and as the mod in the /a/ post mentioned, discussion of communities should be discouraged, which is what a lot of the shitposts in /ptg/ are about.
>>
>>62005237
That makes quite a lot of sense actually. I suppose /ptg/ would end up damaging the /t/ catalog due to its speed. /trash/ could use some more use. It's the holder for communities that don't fit anywhere else (/b/ pony thread community, furry stuff, some /co/ generals that never went over to 8gag)

I think that /trash/ could be expanded, and maybe treated like a "Catalog/Random" board, because that's pretty much what /trash/ is in my opinion.
>>
>>62005237
>>62005272
I'm down with this too.
>>
>>62004392
Yeah, I'd rather have it all in one place.
>>
>>62004392
>/g/ is for the discussion of technology and related topics.
/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site. For tech support/issues with computers, use /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests or one of the following:

Those threads are against the rules and are bannable offences. The reason we have generals is because people were making those separate threads and nobody was doing their job and reporting them. So they thought generals were a good middle ground that "didnt break the rules" aka nobody reporting them.

The reason we're in this mess of generals is because of you- because of all of us not properly reporting threads. You don't get the janitor position because you were one of the lucky few who were picked at random. You get chosen based on proper post reports you file along with sensible ideals of what the board should be.

If generals died, those threads would come back, en masse, sure. However, it is only then that we can finally ban those posters once and for all.
>>
>>62006179
>Global rule 7: Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.
This rule is partly why anons don't report anything anymore, I've gotten banned a few times for what I had reasonable belief that a post was breaking the rules and a most disagreed. It seems to be better to let a general or shitpost stay up than risk getting banned.
>>
>>62006224
*And a mod disagreed
>>
I like /DPT/. :( Where else can I share code snippets I'm proud of?
>>
>>62006239
try reddit
>>
>>62002855
Not really. The only thing in terms of generals that /g/ would benefit from removing would be telling /nrg/ to piss off to /t/.
>>
>>62002945
This

Now with laptop threads, buy an XPS 13 for your anime
>>
>>62005237
>/ptg/ belongs on /trash/

Yes.
>>
>>62006224
I've announced my sages before, mods haven't banned me for it yet. Not that I'm boasting here; but I believe some janitors genuinely think I'm doing good work and don't ban me for it. I once reported an entire speccy thread post by post, and quoted everybody announcing my sage and how these threads don't belong here and all I got was a warning. I kept reporting other rule breaking threads on the same day like I normally do and got another warning. You'd think if I was actually doing something wrong they'd ban me for it.
>>
i'm for it. It means ThinkFags, Gaymers and Phone Fags will go somewhere else.
>>
>>62006336
forgot to mention, the warning was only for numerous ban reports in a rapid succession, not for false reports or announcing sage.
>>
>Would /g/ benefit?

Yes and no, on the whole I would say no. Generals keep questions like "which headphones to get?" contained pretty well, which is a good thing. Contrary to "/g/ should be a Linux discussion only!" people, this is a technology board and those topic do deserved to be discussed within reason.

It's also useful for community projects like Clover OS or Tox back in the day. At a certain point those threads have the potential to become circle jerking though, like /nrg/.

/ptg/ should be fucking nuked though. They bring absolutely nothing to /g/ and we wouldn't have any overflow if they were deleted.

A weird thing we have on /g/ is ironic generals or people posting things that aren't generals in the context of one. Right now we have somebody who posted a "Powerline adapter general", which is just fucking bizarre.
>>
>>62004411
Things like KLK had generals when it was airing, I don't know about now, but when certain shows get big like that the board will be spammed with it regardless of a general existing or not.
>>
File: 1496949037790.gif (177KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
1496949037790.gif
177KB, 500x419px
Am I alone in not having any clue why 4chan hates generals so much?

I get that after a while it can just breed autism and result in a small community of circlejerks, but for most topics where the interest is high enough to merit a general, what's the harm? It keeps the cancer contained and at worst results in one less spot on the board. If a general isn't allowed, those same people are just going to create a "not-general" regardless and post the same shit they would've anyway. There's also the risk of multiple threads being up at all times for the same show/topic. Generals also make finding whatever you're looking for much fucking easier than going through the catalog thread by thread until you find what you're looking for. I just seems like mods are lazy and don't want to actively be responsible for giving and taking away general status as the need arises.
>>
>>62006654
Generals aren't disappearing. You just need to go to /bant/ or /trash/.
>>
>>62006708
That kills generals, people aren't going to bother going there. I just don't understand why mods hate keeping things contained. Just take general rights away if things get too slow and autistic, simple as that. Any other time it seems like a great way to contain cancer.
>>
>>62006654
I like generals. Gives me an easy way to hide the topics I don't care about. But they also lend legitimacy to topics which don't belong on a board. We don't just need to contain cancer, we need the janitors and mods to get rid of it. That means being critical of a flood of generals which turn the board stale.
>>
>>62006654
Because it spawns favouritism and outcasting anybody with individual opinions. While not a great example, imagine if you were looking for some new in ear headphones. But you're on a low budget and whatever the generals recommended long ago are now off store shelves entirely or newer generations of the product are far worse. So you look for yourself and find a few options that suit your preferences. So you go to the headphone general and talk about your situation about which of those 3 you chose are best and if there is any way to get the best performance from them, from external amps, DAC, etc etc. People in generals will either cluelessley recommenced the headphones out of stock, claiming they're still the best. Or you'll have people who say "buy these over ears headphones instead, they're only $5 out of your budget and the sound is worth it." Which will then devolve into people saying "I bought that and it was trash broke in a week" and it'll just devolve into people comparing their headphones and completely disregarding your question entirely.

Whereas with individual threads, you introduce people who know nothing about the topic doing whatever they can to help you. With that one guy who knows his stuff based on spec sheets alone. That's best case senario. Now, you'll just have people telling you to go to the general. It's a vicious cycle, and because nobody can tell the difference between someone genuinely hung up on a topic compared to somebody telling them what to buy. There are more bans and false reports, and more people being redirected to the generals where the cancer only grows.
>>
FUCKING PURGE ALL GENERAL THREADS FROM ALL THE SITE OMG FUCK YEAH MAKE IT FUCKING GOOD YES OMG FUCCCCKKKKKKK
>>
An alternative to banning general threads
enable r9k mode for the entire site
>>
I'd rather one general instead of 50 threads of what headphones should I buy, what keyboard should I buy and etc.
At the very least keep sqt.
>>
>>62006888
make good threads
>>
>>62006888
but those threads can just be banned or moved to >>>/wsr/. i think sqt could be very useful in not cluttering the board with shit threads but if we start making exceptions then where do we draw the line. also i think questions that dont deserve their own threads will just die if the question isnt interesting or doesnt provide talking points.
>>
>>62006941
Remember when /wsr/ was made and tech support was allowed there? Anyone who told rule breakers to fuck off was called a rulefag and mods completely refused to enforce the rules now that there was a place for tech support.
>>
how to fix /g/

ban gaymen
ban generals
ban phoneposters
delete /pol/
>>
>>62007011
>ban phoneposters
Why isn't this a global rule?
>>
>desktop threads get silently autosaged
>circlejerking faggots get buttmad and start flooding /g/
>new threads start appearing, always making sure it doesn't trigger any filters
>it's a pain in the ass to keep them away now
>it's still the same guys circlejerking
>the thread quickly degenerates into a anime vs no-anime thread
>>
>>62002855
>hahaha don't spoonfeed the newfags, don't make generals with readily available info
what the fuck?
>>
>>62002855
A million times yes. In fact, most of that /a/ sticky could be applied to /g/ with only changing a couple things.

>>62006179
>nobody was doing their job and reporting them
First, reports are useful tools (in theory), but, at the end of the day, it's not "our" job. It's the mods' job to moderate.

Second, when does reporting actually accomplish anything? I report off-topic threads and posts so often that I'm unable to report any more for several hours. (I can't say which ones, of course, since that itself is against the rules.) You know how many of those threads get deleted? None. When people see reports go ignored, and off-topic and rule-breaking stuff stays up -- sometimes for days! -- they no longer see the point and stop reporting at all.
>>
>>62006654
What's with this "containment" meme? It's like people can't fucking believe 4chan is cancer itself. Might as well stay in your very own niche subreddit where only you and two other autists post.
>>
>>62007529
/mlp/ is a containment board and it works for the most part.
>>
>>62007465
>most of that /a/ sticky could be applied to /g/ with only changing a couple things
Here's what I've come up with.

- Please avoid making threads in “general” or “template” formats. Avoid chaining threads, copy-pasting OPs, backlinks, and the like.
- Avoid redirecting all discussion of a topic to a single thread. Users are free to discuss similar content in separate threads as long as threads are not being spammed.
- As commonly recurring threads tend to suffer from degradation of quality over time, posts inside such threads may be held to higher standards in terms of rules 6 (Quality of Posts) and 10 (Spamming/Excessive Reposting).
- Threads in /g/ should be primarily based on technology discussion. Consider using >>>/b/ for bait, trolling, and dank ebin maymays.
- Discussion should be centered on technology and its components, not the people or communities that use or discuss said technology.
- Aim for original discussion or content, both when creating OPs and posting inside threads, and allow threads to die naturally.
- Tech support threads belong on... okay, here is where there could be some debate. I always thought the "allowed but discouraged" was wishy-washy as shit. They're either allowed or not allowed. If not, then where should they go? /wsr/ maybe?
>>
>>62007363
do you seriously have a problem with expecting people to lurk moar
>>
>>62007548
Yeah, until people post cropped images from derpibooru to trigger lee and derail threads
>>
>>62006336
>>62006355
>>62006224
>>62006179
>i want to a janitor the post(s)
>>
>>62007721
results in disasters like /pol/, where people are being nazi's UNironically
you need to spoonfeed some things in life, /a/ is elitist as shit for no reason.

/jp/ is the most comfy board anyways, super slow, tons of generals and pastebins to talk stuff (so dicussion isn't locked to what's "current") and they let SOME newfags into the zone because most of them behave/assimilate
browsing that board since 2014, shit's heaven
>>
>>62007860
There is no difference between /jp/ and /vg/ at this point. Comfy was before it became /vg/-lite.
>>
>>62004865
NOT YOUR TECH SUPPORT OR HOMEWORK HOTLINE
>>
>>62002855
>Would /g/ benefit?
yes
/g/ is basically just a bunch of generals with the exact same content.

I wish we had a /gg/ general board like /vg/
>>
>>62007860
whats wrong with being a nazi

entire countries used to be fascist. it's not an illegitimate political/philosophical ideology just because we have forced centrism nowadays
>>
>>62008034
>I wish we had a /gg/ general board like /vg/
I don't necessarily disagree, but what would be left for /g/, then? When everything has a general, you won't be able to discuss anything on regular /g/ without a bunch of whiners going, "OMG you mentioned x go post in the x general holy shit newfag!"
>>
>>62008034
>I wish we had a /gg/ general board like /vg/
/vg/ justifies its existence because of how goddamn fast both halves of /v/ are. Splitting /g/ is the solution to the wrong issue (which doesn't even exist anyway) and would just introduce a host of other annoying shitty issues.
>>
>>62002967
>were a slow board
not anymore, threads can archive after 3 hours even sometimes 2. there really arent many slow boards now days besides po
>>
>>62003148
>he doesn't use catalog
fucking troglodyte get out
>>
I'll miss >>>/wdg/, the thread for people who actually work or at least want to work.
>>
>>62003084
>>62003110
Time to look reserve a spot elsewhere.
>>
This board is the only one where generals make sense. Specific generals prevent the board from being spammed with disorganized topics and plenty of generals on this board make a lot of sense.
>>
>>62002855
>ban the lewd posters
>make /gg/
>move all the generals to /gg/
that would be pretty much perfect
>>
>>62003900
that's not what it says.
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site
doesn't necessarily mean
>we won't/shouldn't help you
it just means
>don't make a thread just so you can ask for help
*precisely* because if sqt didn't exist, we'd have tons of them
>>
>>62004078
>Lots of people cared about desktop threads
> if you just banned the 3 faggots who made a dozen threads
?
>>
>>62004526
>reading comprehension
>>62004530
>anime website
exactly

>>62004782
>make a separate board for consumerist technology
for the nth time, this
>>
/g/ needs generals because the topic of the board is so diverse.
/a/ and /v/ have much more straightforward topics, so they aren't needed.
>>
File: 1494024367552.jpg (27KB, 847x684px) Image search: [Google]
1494024367552.jpg
27KB, 847x684px
I HAVE AN IDEA!
How about the mods actually enforce the rules?
I see porn spamming every day on /g/
>>
>>62002855
what the fuck does /a/ even discuss that couldn't be contained in a general? is every thread on /a/ going to open with "let's talk about the anime :D" because mentioning a series makes it a general?
sure, delete /pcbg/ and have the board turn into /r/buildapc
>>62010743
some new word filters too
>>
>>62011350
>some new word filters too
Would be nice to have.
Shitposters can bypass my filters with weird spellings or just a period
>>
>>62002855
>/a/ killing generals
>Would /g/ benefit ?

Short answer: yes.
Long answer: oh yes, please, god motherfucking yes.
>>
>>62002899

As if /g/ had anything at all.

> ayymd vs jewtel
> ayymd vs nvidia
> browser wars reloaded
> os wars reloaded
> fglt vs flt flaming
> desktop rice threads ( at least they are not awfully cringy and can be actually useful for some, but certainly not discussion topic )
> prog lang wars 10^3th round
> linux distro wars, free for all bashing

These are like 99% of the content here.
>>
I want tripcodes that aren't reusable to stop social cancer
>>
>>62013141
UserIDs would be help full. Tripcodes can be filtered out.
>>
File: karlie.jpg (3MB, 3200x4212px) Image search: [Google]
karlie.jpg
3MB, 3200x4212px
Programming should have own board.
>>
No generals on /g/ would basically be the same as now because the odds of people making 25 keyboard threads or whatever at the same time is unlikely.

I'm surprised /a/ moderation wants LESS generals though. Won't it just end up like /v/ where a game of thrones episode airs and in addition to the GoT general (or without one, in this case) you have like 900 separate GoT threads about the same garbage?

>>62007860
/jp/ has been garbage for ages.

signed, ponpo
>>
>>62002855
Like how? Do you really want to see 50 threads of people posting their builds, asking for phone recommendations and stupid tech support questions?
>>
>>62014017
>you have like 900 separate GoT threads about the same garbage?
Since you're a newfag you don't understand that this is preferred.
>>
File: 1491266731495.jpg (226KB, 560x577px) Image search: [Google]
1491266731495.jpg
226KB, 560x577px
>The board of never ending Eva threads is trying to ban generals
>>
>>62014091
No, it's really not preferred.
>>
>>62002855
Anyone who wishes for generals to stay is a newfag, and probably underage.

Generals lead to stagnation, circlejerks and they are basically recreating reddit structure over here.
>>
>>62014108
The new flushes out the old. When the hype dies down, the GoT threads vanish under the sands of time, and are replaced by the new flavour of the week.
In the general system, every niche is given a corner to breed in and stay around forever, festering in circlejerks and bureaucracy, where the interest becomes keeping the threads alive so you can keep talking to your circlejerk buddies rather than about what the thread was in the first place.
You're a newfag, and you can't conceal that.
>>
>>62014091
Fucking this. /g/ would be more of a community if people would not wall themselves in some general and never even take a look of what else is on the board.

>>62014108
it is preferred
>>
File: 1502810053655.jpg (95KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502810053655.jpg
95KB, 768x1024px
Delete the sticky.
Delete generals.
Create /gentrash/ - General Trash where generals from every board get sent.
>>
>>62014091
Apologies, but as I'm not mentally disabled, I struggle to see what's good about it.
>>
Anyone who wishes for generals to lave is a newfag, and probably underage.

No generals lead to forced epic memery, circlejerks, and they are basically recreating /b/ structure everywhere.
>>
File: Selection_001.jpg (358KB, 1096x584px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_001.jpg
358KB, 1096x584px
>comparing /a/ to /g/

You're all retarded. If you want 1000 threads to appear the second the latest anime shows and don't want that condensed into a general, then fine, but /g/ is not /a/.

You think generals are somehow limited /g/? If you banned generals right now, what would change? You think there would be 80 headphone threads and mechanical keyboard threads all the time? At most you would get a handful of those appearing instead of a "general"
>>
>>62014190
Who would their removal benefit? People with questions would be worse served, as would people who wanted to talk about the specific topic.
>>
>>62014231
I'm saying the removal of them on /g/ would basically be irrelevant. There's no "new anime" equivalent on /g/ that is suffering by getting condensed into a single general.
>>
I would rather have a dozen threads about a subject that the mods can delete for spam than a general where they can stay and multiply
>>
>>62014231
>People with questions would be worse served
Good since /g/ is not your tech support.

>as would people who wanted to talk about the specific topic
If you want to discuss something specific, general is the last place to do it. On general thread there is always 20 other discussions overlapping. Can't discuss anything there without having other people spamming the thread with irrelevant shit.
>>
>>62010535
It was just a few fags making too many desktop threads, rather than ban the fags the mods decided to ban desktop threads in their entirety.
>>
File: 1460266872478.gif (194KB, 389x297px) Image search: [Google]
1460266872478.gif
194KB, 389x297px
>>62002855
>that entire mod post
/a/ mods are gods
this is EXACTLY what /g/ needs.
>>
>>62004392
>"what headphones should I get????"
And we already have quite a few of those threads popping up.
>>
File: Xc0oKQZ.png (6KB, 348x126px)
Xc0oKQZ.png
6KB, 348x126px
>>62007787
Haha....
>>
>>62014476
A few drops is far from what you get if you open the flood gates.
>>
They should just make /vg/ into Various Generals tbqh

Only general that stays on its original board is Doom General
>>
>generals

Wish these fags would fuck off back to their sub reddits where they belong.
>>
>>62014380
desktop threads aren't tech (or consumerism...), so they don't belong in /g/, though
>>
I had this idea for an imageboard software where you could have meta-threads that display all posts of threads that match certain regex filters and displays them as a single thread.
This way you can have generals without having generals.
>>
>>62006654
I don't really "hate" them, but the issue for me is that whenever I go to any board, 9/10 threads on the front page are obnoxious circlejerking generals that go nowhere. And yes, I know you can just filter them.
>>
>>62007860
>/jp/ is the most comfy board anyways, super slow, tons of generals and pastebins to talk stuff (so dicussion isn't locked to what's "current")
People like you are the reason /jp/ died.
>>
/g/'s not getting a change.

We don't have moderation anymore and we're dropped from the official rotation. Just like /fit/. No one comes here to actually talk about /g/ just like no one goes on /fit/ to actually lift.
>>
>>62004455
And then smaller threads will flood the board. 4chan isn't like a large, formal forum that has mods that prune and merge threads to keep discussion contained. It's going to be a shithole
>>
>>62017142
I've seen a lot more mod intervention recently.
>>
File: STOP SENDING ME TRAPS.jpg (17KB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
STOP SENDING ME TRAPS.jpg
17KB, 384x480px
>>62004457
>>62004571
>>
>>62002967
get the fuck back to plebbit, generals are killing all boards and I'm glad /a/ is doing that, I hope we can do it here and more places soon
>>
We had mods to begin with? i see other boards have more active moderation, but this ones is dead has fuck, there is no mods here, thats why is repetitive, full of shitpost, and shit in general, if you want to fix shit, better start making mods more active here
>>
>>62017572
Mods on /g/ are starting to become more noticeable
>>
File: normies in my gee.jpg (101KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
normies in my gee.jpg
101KB, 854x480px
>>62002855
/a/ always and still have generals, "generally" speaking every anime/manga/LN discussion is an anime in its own way, so to speak.
Deleting old times thread from /a/ like sadpanda, buyfag, DJT, and scanlation threads will ruin the board user base.

The same would happen to /g/ if generals would be banned.

If you get offended by the " generals" then use the filter options
>>
>>62017854
Generals are a special breed of cancer that merely filtering won't solve, this requires mod intervention
>>
>>62017897
Care to elaborate on your reasoning?
What's the problem of a thread to contain ?
Take /sqt/ for example.
>>
>>62017923
4chan isn't supposed to be a traditional forum with long reoccurring threads, generals create circlejerking and invite in people who hate the board or website and just come for the general. Take the game of thrones general on /tv/, it was legit inviting redditors in who just come for the general
>>
>>62002855
No
Thinkpad general and smartphone general and headphone general are extremely informative
>>
>>62002980
I am seconding this idea. The whole consumer shilling thing needs to go.
And bring back desktop threads.
>>
>>62017967
>game of thrones general
GoT is already a show that attract attention.
Same happened to /vr/ when castlvania anime was aired, but soon died, after people tried playing the game.

Discussing the current airing anime/manga is what /a/ was created for in the beginning of 4chan.
And it's logical for a thread to have the show's name to be easier to find and this doesn't make it a "general".

>generals create circlejerking
By that logic 4chan is a general.
>>
>>62002855
It's very surprising to see this when just a few years ago, janitors and moderators were encouraging the usage of generals.

I feel all boards would benefit from something like this (of course excluding /vg/), but at the same time, it's been so long since "we" have been general-free so it might take time getting used to.
>>
>>62002967
/g/ was much, much slower back pre-2010 and there were no generals as we know them now back then. Guess what? It was fine. However, I'm starting to wonder if it only worked out because the total population was smaller.
>>
All anime generals should go to >>>/ag/
>>
>>62018042
You can discuss currently airing stuff without shoving it into a general.
>>
>>62018042
4chan is supposed to be browsed by people that are knowledgable enough about their boards topic to talk about everything going on a board that they can browse it through paged view and F5ing the place alone. Look for example how properly designed imageboards like krautchan or futaba are formed. they may have reoccuring threads but alteast all the anons browse the boards in its entirety, and as such they have a mucher higher quality of discussion compared to 4chan and other shitty chans with unnecessary features such as the catalog or backlinking.
>>
>>62018106
Then you're complaining that newfags are ruining the board?
>>
>>62004158
The creation of catalog userscripts was the beginning of the downfall of the site.
>>
I don't know why anyone thinks generals are the problem instead of just a symptom of the problem. The problem started more than a decade ago though, so I seriously doubt you could do anything about it short of just killing the site. None of this will matter though because the rule will only be enforced when they feel like it.
>>
>>62018106
Generals existed before the catalog.
And I don't know what backlinks have to do with generals.
>>
>>62018167
>userscripts
So it's true.
There are people who hate how some people try to "fix" their sites.
Good to see back here moot.
>>
>>62005072
Yeah, you watch fags can learn what happened to users of desktop threads that got moved to /wg/, where people take literal photos of their cluttered, dusty windows 10 desktop
>>
>>62018249
Beats tripfags talking about how they spent their morning.
>>
>>62018229
I would agree with what you're saying if the catalog was "necessary" to any degree.
>>
File: 1500713533627.jpg (100KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500713533627.jpg
100KB, 640x960px
>>62002855
>kino mod still going strong
Bless his soul, shake I don't watch anime anymore
>>
>>62018229
through the creation of a catalog you don't fix the site. you make it more like other sites like reddit or bulletin boards where you have to find threads depending on the title thumbnail and the location of the thread and how many posts or upvotes or whatever it has. What makes 4chan 4chan is that you don't find a thread, you rather find a board with discussion going on and discussion basically going against the pruning through bumps and people finding a thread and a thread dying when it stops being bumped and people moving on to other threads as other threads that might be more interesting are bumped to the top and their discussion is directly shown to the anonymous user where he can judge to join the discussion or ignore it and press f5 again.
>>
>>62018265
It just made it easier for people to look for what they wanted.
Before the catalog, I'd just open the whole pages, for the sleeper hit.
>>
>>62018265
Catalog was completely unnecessary
>>
>>62018313
wow, sounds like old no catalog 4chan sucked monkey crotch
the (4?) most recent posts I see in the board home are very rarely the thing that determines whether I will open a thread or not
>>
>>62019941
yeah 4chan just isn't a site for underage redditors like you
>>
As much as I learned from /wdg/ over the last couple of years, I wouldn't mind a return to the /g/ of old. I've seen many different eras of /g/ over the last 10 years and always welcome a change whether for better or worse
>>
>>62002855
Yes
>>
>>62008476
/k/ and /his/ are relatively slow, albeit faster than they were a year or two ago
>>
>>62002855
No. Threads don't become better because you don't collect recurring topics under one title anymore.

The generals are just fine as they are.
>>
>>62004392
It's fine because they'll be bumped off the front page and die more quickly.
Remove all generals.
>>
>>62021972
> Make the high post count generals individual posts.
> They will get bumped off the front page
Yea, after pushing everything else off.

"Smartphones are a popular topic of discussion, let's start the maximum amount of threads possible about them" is just not such a good plan.
>>
>>62022142
All the what phone should I buy threads will be deleted for being consumer recommendation and duplicate threads will be deleted for spam
>>
>>62021972
>the front page
is this really an argument?
also, do you really think it's better to have 100 retarded, unrelated posts that can be grouped in their own general, instead of... having a few generals?
if anything, the real problem here is not the generals themselves, but the consumerist stuff (headphones, chinese shit, GPUs...)
>>
>>62022242
This is ultimately the board for tips, experience sharing, comparisons and recommendations at a consumerist level. With a sprinkle of tech news discussions and a bunch of programming threads.

DIY is elsewhere, and so are full tech news discussions. Turning it all into tech news discussions and programming threads is a retarded idea.
>>
>>62022278
Which is why we should have /g/ for programming, cybersecurity and enthusiast technology and /gc/ for consumer electronics, like /v/ and /vr/.
>>
>>62022466
> programming
Has no problem surviving on /g/. No, this won't be all those other places that are fully dedicated to programming, and it feels really like it doesn't need to be.

> cybersecurity
To discuss what? What makes the tech news makes it to /g/, and the rest is not going to come here anyhow. Already has other places on the internet.

> enthusiast technology
>>>/diy/

> /g/ for enthusiast + consumer view on technology
FTFY. Status quo is ideal.
>>
>>62022657
diy is too busy discussing lathes
>>
>>62022466
I've been saying this for quite a while. I've also proposed that chink moot could monetize it...
no one gives a shit about my opinion, though
perhaps I should start an alternative to 4chan dedicated to consumerism...
>>
>>62022142
Popular threads will bump them down. The only reason generals are constantly bumped is that it's a concentration of posts.

>>62022278
Yes, because bad threads will die quickly. It'll force people to make an effort to have their threads stand out.
I'd also like to revert the noko changes but that's probably too much to ask.
>>
>>62004203
A fresh rendition of a stale topic can be achieved simply by avoiding the /general/ format for post.
Generals make all boards stale, as they effectively become sub-boards and encourage in group mentalities. These are not good for a healthy image board.

The catalog should not be even close to identical day after day, except when the board is slow and those threads have lasted that long.
>>
>>62022769
>Yes, because bad threads will die quickly
think about it, you retard. even if they did die quickly, the flood of useless, repetitive thread would also kill interesting threads even FASTER than it does now..
>>
>>62022709
Yea, and you'd get an extra board for not lathes, but for that neat FP programming code golf trick and someone tearing down one electrical heater or replacing a cap on his mainboard with a soldering iron (90% going to be about the soldering iron itself), I imagine.
>>
>>62022769
>if a thread is slow it must be bad!
>YLYL threads are da best
>>
>>62022804
>Generals make all boards stale, as they effectively become sub-boards and encourage in group mentalities. These are not good for a healthy image board.
No, most people also discuss other topics than just the generals, I'm pretty sure.

That doesn't change that they have a more regular interest in computer cases and computer components, Linux, programming or Chinese gizmos.

You retards don't think that would change if you stopped the generals, right? Yea, they're STILL part of the group that is interested in building computers, regardless if they start 100 threads or just a few more focused ones.
>>
>>62014140
t. newfag
>>
>>62022878
>Big pile of bad posts constantly present on the board
Vs
>Small pile of posts that gets cleaned up quickly

>>62022922
???
>>
>>62023001
>>Big pile of bad posts constantly present on the board
>Vs
>>Small pile of posts that gets cleaned up quickly
it'd be exactly the contrary.. holy fuck you are stupid
there are 11 (ELEVEN) GENERALS, if you call that a "big pile", then you are truly stupid
>>
>>62022963
You missed the entire point. The mere fact that they are considered a general in more than just format is the issue. It encourages shitposting of the worst kind, and even worse encourages cliques to form as well.

What is the difference between a headphone general and a thread about headphones? Spam? Janitors can just nuke all but the oldest until people catch on. Spamming topics is against the rules anyway. Search function exist.

Point is that a general artificially restricts potential discussion in the thread, in multiple ways discussed ITT. They encourage reddit-like culture which does not fit in well here.
The biggest offense is the competition to create the next 'general', which always results in wasted threads. And more circlejerking and general faggotry.
Fuck, even shitpost threads can be more unique than most generals, and it doesn't help that everyone wants their own general to 'belong to'.

Overall, it isn't very good for 4chan as a whole. Having multiple separate 'cultures' developing in the same board never ends up working out.
>>
File: phd in photoshop.png (428KB, 641x792px) Image search: [Google]
phd in photoshop.png
428KB, 641x792px
>>62002855
Unlike /a/, /g/ doesn't have nearly enough content to survive without circle-jerking generals. /g/ doesn't even have enough content to survive enforcing the lax content rules it has currently.
>>
>>62023082
11 generals is a lot specifically because they will always be recreated. It is effectively 11 threads reserved for the board, and for what? To avoid spam? You just changed the type of spam and gave it a pedestal.

Better to drop the idea of generals and just make a new thread if you and other anons still want to discuss said topic. You know, like how it was before generals became a thing.
>>
>>62023082
Yes it is a problem because they are constantly bumped.
>>
generals are effectively bloat for the board. /g/ doesn't want bloat in its OS, but wants it in their board? I don't get it.
>>
>>62023160
one thread for one thing, it's UNIX philosophy in action
>>
ahaha, who the fuck gives a shit about /a/?
That shit died harder than /v/ did in 2010.
Everyone of worth left /a/ that year, or the poor bastards that could stomach it stayed till around 2012.
/a/ is incessant shitposting and waifuposting.
Waifuposting used to be mocked.
We literally mocked 2ch posters with that shit. Now the whole fucking board is that.

/g/ wouldn't benefit from it.
It is heavy-discussion based in quite a few topics.
That is, outside of the shitty show-off threads and fanboy shitposting.
/a/ isn't. /a/ only like shitposting about best girl, worst girl, husbando, akkos derpy eyes, QUALITY threads (where most posts are fast-motion frames and not "QUALITY" at all because newfags) and insert new hot facebook meme of the week.
It's [s4s], but non-ironic. They actually ARE like that.

If you think it will even stop people from doing the long-term discussion thing, you are mistaken.
The community runs the board. They WILL out-shitpost you again, for the Nth time.
Doing it to /g/ would simply kill any discussion that happens here.
I miss when duplicate threads were regularly banned on this site. /a/ is going in the opposite direction.
Good fucking luck with that. Enjoy your shitposting. Even [s4s] is better for anime discussion.
>>
>>62007743
Lee only goes on /v/. Majority of the cropped images are from Lee. If you post a cropped image yourself, there is a high chance that you won't get Barneyfag.
>>
>>62023124
>You just changed the type of spam and gave it a pedestal.
Fucking this.

/wdg/ is a trash thread, literally nothing but support questions from noobs who are looking for an alternative channel to SO and don't know that IRC exists. Since when was /g/ a tech support board? As an actual web developer, /wdg/ triggers me, if only because it's an accurate portrayal of the current state of web development. I want to come here and have alternative discussion with non-retardeds, something I can't do in other web development type forums. 4chan's and specifically /g/'s rules and board culture should facilitate this, but as the /g/'s rules are never actually enforced and /g/'s board culture is absolute garbage, my hope is in vain.

The truth is that /a/ is a far, far better board than /g/ could ever hope to be because it has a proper board culture. I don't expect /g/ to be as good as /a/, but I do expect it to be better than /vg/.
>>
>>62023193
>unnecesary structure for simple discussions
More like a Java project gone as per usual. Why create the structure for a topic to become a permanent member of /g/? This isn't reddit, it doesn't need sub-topics.

If the topic is interesting, people will create threads. If spam becomes an issue, anons can sage and jannies can nuke.
People need to be more willing to flame OPs that create duplicate topics. That use to be all that was required to avoid spam in the catalog.
>>
>>62007017
Because normalfags would be more noticeable,
>>
>>62023226
>>62023160
bloat would be having half the board filled with questions that belong to /sqt/, or don't even belong in /g/. because, you know, people WOULD ASK QUESTIONS even if the sticky says it's not a support board
>>
>>62023225
Lee has an RSS for every single board so he can be summoned on any board
>>
More generals mean less people trying to force memes by creating 50 of the same unfunny thread.

Thank you based generals.
>>
>>62023091
I don't agree with the "culture" bit in the least, you're just making idiotic problems up.

The issue with a "competition" to start the next general is also quite imaginary when most of the times it's barely two instances that get started, and the extraneous instance usually dies quickly (sometimes it stays an hour or two, in which case you have 2 threads for the same).
On the other hand, people will NOT extensively search, ever. Feel free to consider this part of 4ch's culture, too, because it's always been that way- heh. Basically, unless the "tag" or keywords in the title of threads match what's expected and what experience showed is useful, you'll usually end up with 4+ threads for the same thing.

Because 2 people used the wrong words and at least 2 more didn't consider the existing threads to be quite matching the topic they want to ask - after all, one asked about a TKL keyboard, the other about Cherry MX Blue switches, so it's time to start a new thread for a Cherry MX blue full size keyboard, right? And at least 40 posts of discussion that they could have posted in the other thread. Heh.
>>
>>62023091
>What is the difference between a headphone general and a thread about headphones? Spam? Janitors can just nuke all but the oldest until people catch on. Spamming topics is against the rules anyway. Search function exist.
They can also ban attention whores and shitposters that use the site like their little hip chat-room.
It's not hard.

>>62023226
>muh board culture
If you call waifuposting culture...
/a/ is one of the biggest newfag attractors on this site behind /v/.
Even /b/ is more tolerable than /a/ and that is just sad.
/b/ can actually hold a proper discussion and flow of discussion at that.
/a/ is 30 me-too threads all the fucking time every single day.
Duplicate threads used to be regularly bannable. Now it is literally being encouraged, because that is exactly what it will do.
These posters are not going to go away and they WILL tend towards close-knit discussion over few threads rather than 20 of the damn things.

I DO agree that pointless discussion of topics that are no longer required should be stopped.
Fucking hell, there are still Katawa generals on /vg/ last I checked.
What the fuck do they even discuss?
/bant/ is a hackish solution, but it's likely the only one that will go anywhere.
>>
>>62023204
>If you think it will even stop people from doing the long-term discussion thing, you are mistaken.
This shouldn't be the goal. As they are now, generals discourage organic discussion and discourse for the purpose of sticking to the established structure. All great threads in 4chan history have arisen from chaotic posting patterns that revolve around the general interest of the board at large.
By having dedicated threads for specific topics, you are effectively isolating all discussion of said topic throughout the board. This might be desirable for certain topics, but overall it is NOT a good theme for all topics that pass through the catalog.

Perhaps a good compromise would be a maximum number of generals per board. That way the useful ones will stick around, although this will cause a bunch of shitflinging when people's secret clubs get nuked for not being popular enough.
>>
>>62023255
And you ban those people. That's the whole point. It's just like a rec thread on /a/. Those issues are moderated, both by the moderation team and by the community. If the thread is not immediately banned, the user gets boku no pico recommendations, and all is right with the world. This is healthy moderation and board culture. /g/ is just garbage. /g/ SHOULD troll these posters into oblivion, but is incapable of doing so.
>>
>>62023350
>relying on moderation
You can't be serious. How new are you?
>>
>>62023350
/g/ used to give tech support threads advice that would end up destroying their computer or requiring a reinstall
>>
>>62023255
to add: what are containment boards created? precisely because people kept posting unrelated shit. do you not remember how /g/ was before the creation of /biz/?
generals are the same, but smaller. and in some cases, they *are* related to technology.

>>62023350
oh, yeah, I mean, you can clearly see the very active mods and janitors we have. and i'm sure they're being paid very well for the job they do...

>>62023372
>How new are you?
this. pretty sure you haven't been here for long.
>>
>>62023296
>after all, one asked about a TKL keyboard, the other about Cherry MX Blue switches, so it's time to start a new thread for a Cherry MX blue full size keyboard, right?
and then no one will respond to the new overly specific thread, and it will die, as intended.

You seem to be willingly ignoring evidence if you truly believe generals don't encourage degenerative culture.
Go to all of the generals on /g/ right now, and read the first 50 post, as well as the OP in question. How related are they? How relevant are they to the topic at hand?

Generally, they are shitpost that revolve around the creation of new generals, and the proliferation of specific memes that said general has come up with.

Which is another issue: /general/ memes are not as transferable to the rest of the board at large compared to memes created in 'organic' threads.
You see, the entire issue is that 4chan has revolved around chaotic posting habits, where as generals are naturally more orderly, and thus encourage more orderly responses.
Orderly as in, responses must fit the thread culture (as opposed to the board culture), else it will most likely only attract silence or shitpost responses.

I could write an essay on this shit, but overall the difference between pre-general 4chan and post-general 4chan is night and day. That is not to say old 4chan didn't have generals, but they weren't specifically 'generals', and there in lies the issue.

tl;dr
GENERALS ARE TOO ORDERLY AND STRUCTURED FOR 4CHAN.
>>
>>62023405
Faggots will always try to force some dumb new meme.
With or without generals.
>>
>>62023311
I'm going to put every sentence on its own line like tumblr.
I do it because I'm a huge fucking faggot.
I think that containment boards / threads work because I'm naive.
I don't understand that shibboleth systems enforce normative discourse and emergently discourage ad hominems.
>>
i want gfur loli infested 2007 /g/ back
>>
>>62023350
>Relying on mods
Nah, shitposters will do most of that for you.
>>
>>62023392
>containment boards
don't work. the only instance of containment going well is /trash/ for furries and /mlp/ for mlp, which in both cases said group wanted their own board anyway.

Compartmentalizing boards kills them, especially if the site doesn't have the userbase to sustain all generals in question. It happened to cripchan, it happened to voat, and it is happening to 4chan.
>>62023392
>oh, yeah, I mean, you can clearly see the very active mods and janitors we have. and i'm sure they're being paid very well for the job they do...
No moderation? No problem! shitpost the trash threads to death, like it use to be.
>>
>>62023405
mate, you are in a technology board, why don't you create a model/computer program/simulation/whatever, and prove that your idea (killing generals, not letting people create them) is better than ours (keep the statu quo, perhaps removing the consumerism)?

>>62023450
>>containment boards
>don't work
ok, enough retardation, stopped reading. I just gave you a clear example that they do indeed work... and you are denying it.
>>
>>62023450
Then you have dozens shitpost threads instead of generals. Where's the improvement?
>>
>>62023381
Exactly, what the fuck has /g/ become compared to those days?

>>62023446
>>62023372
>>62023392
That's my whole point, moderation is trash on /g/, which can be blamed in part on the mods for not doing their jobs nearly as well as other boards like /a/ (not that /a/ moderation is stellar, but at least it exists) and in part on the /g/ community which has zero standards.
>>
>>62023433
memes are better when people can understand them if they are familiar with the average ideas that are common to specific boards.
Just like how /a/ memes seem out of place on /sci/, /ptg/ memes seem out of place in any other thread on /g/.
There in lies the issue: the board is being segmented too much.
>>
>>62002855
>/bant/ for generals which have long been exhausted
please don't bring that garbage to /bant/ its comfy there.
>>
>>62002855
>Friendly Linux
>Daily programming
>Small questions
These are the only worthwhile generals
>Consumer shit
A necessary evil, at least contain peripherals, babby computer building, chink shit etc to one thread
>desktop
>battlestation
>speccy
>guts
Same dumb attention seeking shit repeating, you get the same faggots posting the same pictures of their battlestation in every battlestation thread on both /g/ and /v/, either kill them entirely or allow one thread per week
>>
>>62023471
I can live just fine with not understanding /ptg/ memes.
>>
I don't mind generals desu, just force /v/dditors back to their shitty board, most shit generals would follow them if that happened, which is good.
>>
>>62023405
>and then no one will respond to the new overly specific thread, and it will die, as intended.
No, they will respond for a few posts. But don't worry, the four other people already DID start their threads about which computer case or CPU is best for a PC build right now, anyhow.

They'll die quicker, but it's still most of what you are going to see, apart from the already long-lived provocative shitposts and tech news.

> How related are they? How relevant are they to the topic at hand?
FGLT has people asking small linux related questions, and /csg/ discusses optimal purchases in Chink shit land.

I'd call them to be quite related apart from the occasional joke (stallman quote, death by chink product, funny chink meem) and/or shitpost. Same for other generals.

> Orderly as in, responses must fit the thread culture (as opposed to the board culture), else it will most likely only attract silence or shitpost responses.
Nobody tells anyone to be particularly orderly EXCEPT when people want to post recurring questions about mechanical keyboards they get pointed to mechanical keyboard general or pc building advice to that general. Nobody gets told to start a general for an uncommon topic, and basically nobody complains about uncommon topics. You can discuss the other topics as much as you like. If they hold no interest, well, that's how it fucking is.
>>
>>All great threads in 4chan history
>epic 4chan threads
>feature me in the screencap pls!
That side of 4chan is cancerous as fuck, though.
Not everything needs to be epic 4chan culture and memes.
Fuck man, I remember /a/ despised memes for a period. It was bannable outside of /b/ for a while, image macros especially.
Now it's all the rage.

A better solution would be to simply bring back "textboards".
All the major media-centric ones, text-boards. Put it next to catalog button.
Long term discussion can happen there.
Allow image uploads that die with the thread like normal.
However, similar to the /r9k/ mute timer, mute a person from posting an image for increasingly higher periods of time. (max 6 hours)
Occasional image-posts might be useful, but it shouldn't be the main feature of the board.
OR, or you could make the muting be done PER thread for everyone.
Thread has an image timer. When a person posts, no more images for X minutes. Make it visible in the thread.
People are allowed to offsite image link to their little hearts content, though.
DONE. Problem solved.

It won't work for a lot of threads, but ones that are information-heavy will be fine there.
>b-b-but my fan-art!
There's 20 trillion fan-art websites. Use them and/or link them.
I'm actually in favour or killing off most of the image-dump imageboards for pseudo-textboards since large numbers are simply image-dumps of the exact same shit every damn day.
I use /c/, /d/ and others and most of it is hosted elsewhere and regularly reposted. I'm still for this. It would cut out the constant sauce shitposting.
The boards that have draw threads can simply go to /i/. That shits slow as fuck. The only thing that will likely be impacted will be the reibear thread.
The SFW boards already post on /i/ for NSFW related content anyway.

>>62023437
I do it because it annoys faggots like you.
>>
linux is consumerism
>>
>>62023464
>mate, you are in a technology board, why don't you create a model/computer program/simulation/whatever, and prove that your idea (killing generals, not letting people create them) is better than ours (keep the statu quo, perhaps removing the consumerism)?
People are attracted to the clique-aspects generals provide, for the same reasons reddit is popular. >>62023464
>ok, enough retardation, stopped reading. I just gave you a clear example that they do indeed work... and you are denying it.
It only works when the goal is to separate two communities that are contrasted against each other. /w/ and /wg/ for instance. It does not work for every special topic.
>>62023465
at least the shitpost now don't follow the universal /general/ format, like they do now. Not even mentioning the /general/ specific shitposting that happens.
>>62023503
point is you are posting on /g/, but you aren't exposed to all of /g/. Communities that can isolate themselves stagnate and die, and this is common when it comes to generals and their relationship to their host-board.

Another issue is /ptg/ is essentially a /t/ topic, yet it is here on /g/. This is not the only example of a general that has a culture contrasted with that of the board, which is the issue.
>>62023528
>Nobody gets told to start a general for an uncommon topic
Yet people do it all the time. it is essentially bait for newfags to try and start their own club.

Why not return to the days when the merit of the topic was enough to keep a general alive? Why the need for format and order?
>>
>>62023496
>guts
I have never ever understood why people would post the inside of their computers again and again. Again and again and again.
>Desktop threads
Fun bit of trivia, desktop threads were a big part of the reason that a cool down on post deletion was implemented. They're still the worst cancer, even without Suigintou.
>>
>>62023554
>point is you are posting on /g/, but you aren't exposed to all of /g/.
So fucking what?
There's a sizable portion of /g/ I don't care at all about.
I ignored battlestation/desktop shit before generals. I just had more threads to hide.
>>
>>62023579
That's just it, every single one is exactly the same, the same posters, the same posts, over and over, it's fucking cancer
>>
>>62023554
>point is you are posting on /g/, but you aren't exposed to all of /g/
don't project YOUR habits on us... I open the catalog and check the threads every time I want to see what's new in /g/. and, indeed, I come here for the tech threads, but find some of the consumerism threads interesting. so, generals not only do not separate anything, but they attract people.
if you are talking about 4chan in general... I don't give a shit about anime, gaming or many other topic-specific boards, and I'm not sure why I should see the same but at a small scale here in /g/.

>>62023496
this, 100%
>>
>>62023554
>clique-aspects generals provide
In poser threads, maybe. Most threads are not that.
Stop using a minority to attack a majority.

That same shit was used to attack generals on /v/ when most of them were actual discussion of games.
But muh e-sports shitposting! That's clearly every thread! All of those Dwarf Fortress e-sports threads! BAN THEM PLS REEE
It's fucking dumb. Stop it.

The biggest issue this site has is cancerous boardism culture where people don't post on other boards because they are used to posting off-topic threads on other boards.
That shit needs to go. I want my /t/ threads on /t/, my /a/ threads on /a/ (not that I would ever go back there again, it's awful now), /v/ on /v/ (and not here), etc.

Also, protip for all you "muh nonimis" faggots, this site started off as a community that were mostly using tripcodes for 4 years solid before you all found the place.
Know your history, it might just save your life.
You're all the new ones.
This site was a closer community that Reddit is.
People KNEW each other in real life back then. SHOCKING TRUTH.
Faggots don't know about my /con/
>>
>>62023549
>There's 20 trillion fan-art websites. Use them and/or link them.
Of which 4chan is one of them.
>lets turn the image board into a reddit-wannabe
Let's not.
>Fuck man, I remember /a/ despised memes for a period. It was bannable outside of /b/ for a while, image macros especially.
>Now it's all the rage.
Change is normal, the point is that generals stagnate said change. Generals are also pretty rampant across 4chan.
Ironically, /v/ is the only board spared from them because of the split, yet they still have general-like threads all the time.
The main difference is that they don't stick around past the effective lifetime of the topic, which is the entire issue.
>>62023600
You might not care for the board slowly turning into reddit, but others do.

compartmentalizing stagnates the entire board. Once upon a time, threads of similar topics always played out differently. Now, generals ensure that discussion sticks to an official format.
>>62023647
>That same shit was used to attack generals on /v/ when most of them were actual discussion of games.
The issue with /v/ was the literal cliques that would form, and the fucking ERP degenerates as well. It doesn't matter if it is the minority, it still shits the board up.

Want a special group? Go make a discord.
>as if most generals don't have a discord anyway
yet another cancer that needs to be dealt with. Discord should be filtered like cripchan is
>>
>>62023554
> Why the need for format and order?
Thread title needs to have the correct text, otherwise you'll get 5+ threads for the same thing.

And the OP can deal with repetitive information that will otherwise be 1/3 to 1/2 the posts, like "is store xy safe" for /csg/ or "what is a good CPU" for /pcbg/.

That's basically all the order there is, and both aren't absolutely fixed anyhow. But yep, this much is very practical to have.
>>
>>62023623
and they would post their shit once and once again if the generals didn't exist

the solution isn't to remove generals, it's to send them elsewhere, because they don't belong here.
>>
>>62023671
>It doesn't matter if it is the minority, it still shits the board up.
But it does.
Ban them. Done.
Ban them again and again.
See them? Report them.
See them again? Report them.
Stop fucking replying to them especially.
It's certainly going to be less effort than banning long-term discussion threads. That's for sure.

Threads filled with literal anarchy kiddies.
They are and always have been the worst part of this site.
They were shit in 2004 and were still shit in 2014.
They are still shit today.
Go to /b/ if you want fucking anarchy.
Stop shitting up the discussion boards.
Why the fucking mods are enforcing this is beyond me. Make /ar/ so they can all fuck off there for their epic memes and shitposting about best girl. /bant/ is not a good solution.
>>
File: 1491064484776.gif (201KB, 328x286px) Image search: [Google]
1491064484776.gif
201KB, 328x286px
There is nothing about /g/ that is worth attempting to fix.
>>
>>62010509
>not what it says
and neither is what you said
>>
>>62023707
They post their shit again because there's a new general for it in which they haven't yet posted their shit, so take away the general, or restrict it to only on Thursdays or something
Ban faggots for both starting new guts threads on days that aren't thursday, and for posting guts outside of guts threads
>>
>>62023701
>implying people read the OP
good joke.
And is it really hard to spell 'keyboard' and 'headphones'? Oh, is some newfag posting duplicates? Link the popular thread and sage like you are meant to.

And the habit of posting common info in the OP is very helpful, but very discouraging of general discussion to fill the thread.
Of course, it really depends on the topic. Usually in non-general reoccurring threads, an anon will copypasta the popular info.

I guess what it really devolves to is anons trying to reinvent the wheel. Generals existed before /generals/ were a thing, and they were better for it. Less cliques, less circlejerks, less cancer.
>>62023741
>the most common habit of 4chan posters
>worst part of the site
maybe reddit is more your flavor? I just want 4chan to return to the times when the catalog didn't look exactly the same day after day, week after week.
>>
>>62023707
>and they would post their shit once and once again if the generals didn't exist
except they post it specifically because there is a new general thread to post it in.
>>
>>62023780
m8, desktop threads don't belong in /g/, and the people who post there, the janitors, the mods, etc. know it... and yet people KEEP making desktop threads. what do you think would happen if there weren't generals...? people would make threads AGAIN AND AGAIN, you'd not make the janitors job easier, but HARDER, because controlling shitposters and other retards is difficult as hell.

once again, how new are you? you keep talking about muh culture and shit, and I'm sure you do NOT understand the culture here...
>>
>>62023741
Oh, and another thing.
Please bring back visible banning.
No, nobody reads the rules pages.
They only learn what's not acceptable by seeing people vanish.
But the reason for it vanishes with them. (for the idiots that are too stupid to use extensions)
The hivemind of this shitheap community never learn from its collective mistakes.
Invisible banning ruined this site in half a year. The cult of Anonymous ruined it harder.

Ban them visibly.
Send to rule they broke, make them confirm it so they can't just easily back out of it.
Are bans worthless? To the individual, yes. Not if they are visible to others.
People learn better visually from others, not from personal experience. Proven scientific fact.

>>62023792
>the most common habit of 4chan posters
Yes, worst part,
It was newfag mentality and it was heavily banned back then. Especially by Snacks.
He regularly ban entire threads of their shitposting to make a point.
Now the shitposting has taken over the site.

Funny how you pulled the typical response to discussion, "LOLE REDDIT".
This is where we are now. People are proud of their shitposting over having decent discussion.
This is 4chan now.
Ironically enough it was the Digg / Reddit explosion that brought all you faggots here in massive numbers.
>>
>>62023807
so, ban them again.
oh, mods aren't banning them? REPORT THE THREAD. for the nth time, you jackass, the solution is not to remove all generals because of a few, the solution is to remove the generals that don't belong here... simply because they DO NOT BELONG HERE! how fucking difficult can it be to understand this?
>>
>>62023850
I've literally never mentioned board culture, I suspect you're mixing me up with someone else, you can follow the replies back to my first post you can see my opinion and either engage with it or not
>>
I think the moderation of /g/ needs to be taken up a notch, it doesn't seem to be consistent. There are somedays when shitposts are deleted, and other days when shit threads make it to the archive despite several reports.

That being said, I think we should make like an /a/ and ban generals. I've got like 30 rules in my filter just for /g/ and it makes me sick when I turn them off. Nobody cares about your riced desktop scrots, or your speccy scrots. Your 'cool' battlestation, your 'cool' keyboard, your 'cool' headphones, your 'cool' watch, your shilling of your 'fast' gentoo wrapped os, your other consumerist general threads, etc. It's not technology. You can't just say 'oh chairs are technology, post your chairs.' that's a huge shitpost.
>>
>>62023792
> And is it really hard to spell 'keyboard' and 'headphones'?
No, but it'll be too hard for various OPs to put this in their title and all that.

And even if it is not, unless it's a general people will start their OWN headphone thread.

We'll just have "What are the most comfortable headphones?" and "I need cheap bass headphones, plz advise!". There is no advantage to this.

And the habit of posting common info in the OP is very helpful, but very discouraging of general discussion to fill the thread.
People mostly discuss what's not in the OP.

I'm not seeing what other general discussion you would get.

> an anon will copypasta the popular info
It's in the first thread, and that IS then a "general". I see this as ideal., you somehow would think it's better if anon who is active 6h/day and anon who is active 8h/day would insert this pasta repeatedly on the 5th or 50th post in an ongoing threat that they just "catch" somehow. I don't see it, myself.

> Less cliques
Most people are still anon. Maybe it's always the same faggots in the generals, but we wouldn't even know.

> less circlejerks, less cancer.
No. Just less spam if you're NOT interested in /pcbg/ or /csg/ or /dpt/ topics, plus less spam within these topics & more room for other threads.
>>
Auto-move poser threads to /trash/
Anyone trying to get around it, ban them. Ban their images.
Or just auto-sage them.
MAKE them hate the board until they got to the proper board(s).
>>
>>62023910
>it doesn't seem to be consistent
Wow. Thank you, Sherlock.
>>
Imagine all the smartphone general and stupid bullshit faggot discussion absolutely drowning the board.
>>
>>62004091

/vg/ had to be created because of the constant Starcraft and esports threads shitting up the board. They were bad because they would make a new thread every bump limit and not when it hit Page 10. The mods were not doing their job.

It was nice actually for a short while because then the mods did their job and banned all non-vidya. This lasted three days.

Now all the video game discussion goes to die on /vg/ and everyone just shitposts on /v/ aside from the rare Yakuza thread or something. That board is a hollow shell where you might get one good thread a week.
>>
>>62023970
Oh god that would be awful.
There's already dumb ass /v/ threads flooding the place as it is.
We only just recently got loads of stupid threads rolled in to /sqt/ since it didn't warrant a whole thread for simple stuff.

>>62023997
/v/ was fast as fuck.
Fuck off with your revisionist bullshit.
It wasn't just e-sports shit, it was actual discussion.
Just because you're attracted to shit, doesn't mean we are.
I had no problems finding good threads at the time. I still don't have problems finding good threads on /vg/.
That's a you-issue. Be less shit.
>>
>>62023910
>That being said, I think we should make like an /a/ and ban generals. I've got like 30 rules in my filter just for /g/ and it makes me sick when I turn them off. Nobody cares about your riced desktop scrots, or your speccy scrots. Your 'cool' battlestation, your 'cool' keyboard, your 'cool' headphones, your 'cool' watch, your shilling of your 'fast' gentoo wrapped os, your other consumerist general threads, etc. It's not technology. You can't just say 'oh chairs are technology, post your chairs.' that's a huge shitpost.
then you are looking for the wrong solution to the problem, just like lots of people ITT.
worse yet, instead of solving anything, you'll end up destroying this board.
>>
>>62024024

KATAWA SHOUJU GENERAL #587
STALKER GENERAL #462
SCV KPOP GENERAL
DOTA GENERAL
LOL GENERAL
HON GENERAL
GENERAL
GENERAL
GENERAL
>>
Remember when /r9k/ worked?
Remember when Canvas worked?

>>62024142
>stop liking things I don't like!! REEEEEEEEEEE
Fuck up.
FYI, I hate all of them besides Stalker (not even played it, but I wouldn't mind playing it one day)
What was your point again?

In b4 cliques
God forbid people organised playing games together. Shock horror. People should be edgy and anti-social like me!
My feet hurt, I want to post another filenames thread! Where's the Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro thread?!
>>
>>62024184

They weren't even talking about video games 99% of the time and were forcing other games off the board.
>>
What ever I'll just post my headphone shit all over the place just to piss you fags off.
>>
Nice blog
>>
>>62024200
Because no one cares about whatever shitty game you wanted to talk about. Face the facts, kid
>>
>>62024200
Not all of the threads were e-sports. Don;t even try push that fucking lie. Go check the damn archives revisionist scum.
Stop pulling lies out of your ass.

I had plenty of fun times despite all the shitty e-sports nonsense at the time.
>>
>itt: codemonkeys think that /g/ is just for their shitty pajeet level code
>>
>>62024240
Ironically he can probably actually talk about his game now thanks to the board.

>>62024261
It's certainly not for posing faggotry.
All those threads actually are just posing via spec sheets, screenshots, pictures of the same desktop for the 900th time, same balttlestation, BUT WAIT I MOVED THE HEADPHONE HOLDER TO THE OTHER SIDE WOW AMAZING COOL IDEA DUDE!
>>
>>62024273
Oh do tell that is 'technology' then, I'm up for a good laugh.
>>
Generals are just self-moderation. The real issue is that boards don't have good moderation, people don't lurk before posting, and that 4chan is too big for it's own good. The mod makes some good points but it is literally contigent on them enforcing global rules 6 and 10, which we all know is never going to happen.
>>
>>62024286
Discussion. Actual discussion.
Those things are offtopic.
They can go on other boards.
It's just boardist cunts that are too afraid to go outside of /g/ and use other boards because it would "require lurking". (it wouldn't require much unless you were pea-brained)

Torrent threads should be on /t/, period. It's mostly about /t/ stuff, very little coding or general tech goes on in those threads.
Same with the file-host shit.
And so on.

It's akin to posting videogame porn on /v/ when it would be best served on /b/, or stupidly /aco/ now. (fucking dumb hacky solutions as usual here)
It would be even better if there was /va/ for it, but hey, NOPE, that's too smart.
>>
>>62024345
Headphones, chinkshit and cellphones along with web development and programming are all technology
>>
4chan should globally word replace cancerous words and phrases with randomly generated nonsense, or prevent the posts from going through (a /g/ example would be "on suicide watch"). But that would require the administration to care about what happens on the site, which they do not.
>>
>>62024381
I'm not arguing against them.
I'm arguing over 100% poser threads for the most part.
Threads that can go elsewhere are a minority of my point at that.

Chinkshit, web dev, useful threads.
Headphones and cellphones are also pretty useful for helping people find good shit and avoid absolute trash as well. Even though this board was supposed to not be a rec-friendly place, but it fell to that years ago several times. This was the solution.

Battlestation threads are pure fluff and no substance. Very very rarely is there any significant discussion in them. It's an image dump. BUT, it is still technology.
It would be like posting roads in an architecture board.
Desktop threads, though, are posting wallpapers with shitty icons all over it. Occasionally some discussion of icon sets, themeing systems.
There are common issues with both though. It's the exact same shit every damn day.
They have no reason to be in constant existence.
Moving your lamp a foot left of its current position isn't worthy of a post.
This board gets the same handful of people. There are only so many times you can see unique stuff.
>>
>>62024436
That doesn't do much desu senpai
You still know what I typed.
>>
>>62024457
If someone posts
>Weeb.
It would be rendered as
>345uegfroiu35463542t90234.
You wouldn't know what was said.
>>
>>62024479
There are ways around word filters Tbh
>>
>>62024511
It's still better than nothing.
>>
>>62002910
I thought the watch general was some group of people that shared links of private, hacked webcams in a subtle way.
>>
>>62024607
Sorry about your crippling retardation, Anon.
>>
>>62003995
all they did was ban people for putting backlinks in OP posts or anything else you see in general OPs
other then that nothing changed at all.
>>
>>62023549
>I remember /a/ despised memes for a period. It was bannable outside of /b/ for a while, image macros especially.
Not just /a/, but all boards other than /b/. And it still is bannable, see GR3. I just wish it was actually enforced.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.