[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mkg/ - is it dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 43

File: model_meme_arch_1.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
model_meme_arch_1.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
two times now I come here no /mkg/. I can't be the only one out there wasting money on this shit.
>>
File: IMG_20170405_002028_HDR.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170405_002028_HDR.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>60710449
well here's mine to get this mkg started.
>>
I'm honna build myself a lapboard-style mech kb soon, with a trackball instead of mouse.

Using USB2BT for bluetooth, probably some second hand kensington trackball until I can afford a CST.

Any recommendations for the keyboard? Am currently looking at the mekanisk.co boards.
I need 60% iso or ansi w/ mx clears. Living in EU.
>>
File: IMG_1789.jpg (40KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1789.jpg
40KB, 800x600px
What is the /g/eneral consensious on the Corsair Vengeance K65?

I'm definitely a noob when it comes to mechanical keyboards, but I finally have enough green to treat myself with a ten keyless keyboard less than $100.
>>
The xda is coming today post yours
>>
>>60710449
I guess bragging with our expensive keyboards that we do not need kinda lost its charm.Especially because everyone seems to have same shit so it does not feel as unique.

Our last hope is to turn membrane fags to our side with budget keyboards like Drevo Gramr.
>>
File: magicforce82.jpg (102KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
magicforce82.jpg
102KB, 990x660px
>>60710607
too overpriced for what it offers. get something simple like a leopold, magicforce, or a ducky
>>
File: wiring2.jpg (2MB, 1000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
wiring2.jpg
2MB, 1000x5000px
>not making your own loli maym board
>>
File: spacecadette.png (55KB, 862x279px) Image search: [Google]
spacecadette.png
55KB, 862x279px
space cadette
>>
Any grid format alternatives to the OLKB line (Planck) or Unique Keyboards (Terminus)? Any programs to design your layout and program your key layout with special keys? Any full list or all the special key features you can program (macros, momentary, dual-role keys, Fn, .... )?

A small grid keyboard for typing seems ideal for my use case. I may get a Terminus Mini 2 because I like the dual space bars and the programming interface seems a step more convenient. The Planck is better construction but the programming may be too much of a barrier.

Thanks
>>
>>60710449
old thread: >>60680774
>>
>>60711128
>programming may be too much of a barrier
It's not at all - The available firmware for the teensy has come a long way and is great and super easy.
Most everything you could possible conceive of wanting to do has already been done - You just have to uncomment what you want, maybe change the keymap, and load it.
https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware
>>
File: You are retarded space kekette.jpg (73KB, 768x508px) Image search: [Google]
You are retarded space kekette.jpg
73KB, 768x508px
>>60711086
>Hyper
>Super
>Meta
>Pointing fingers

It does miss only facebook smiles in upper row.
>>
>>60710449
What is the source on these keycaps?
>>
File: 6.jpg (183KB, 1024x616px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
183KB, 1024x616px
>>60711086
looks weird without the other legends
>>
what's the cheapest store to order from to Europe/middle east?
>>
>>60711408
chyna
>>
>>60711323
the real one had a thumbs up and thumbs down emoji
>>
>>60711419
what would be a good first mk, I have never used one before. I can pay up to 120$, and I want a 69 key layout so it can fit on my laptop
>>
>>60711447
with that budget you can get a Tada68 with an aluminum case. I'd skip on that and just get a regular Tada68.
>>
File: harris_sa_9_78.jpg (264KB, 1249x1719px) Image search: [Google]
harris_sa_9_78.jpg
264KB, 1249x1719px
>>60710449
You want discussion?

I'm fixing up an old 1978 terminal board I got cheap and getting ready to convert it to modern USB. It's a IBM 3270 clone that was made to work with various mainframes. The government bought a bunch back in the day since they worked with everything and lasted practically forever. The switch is a doublefold capacitive leaf under a plunger and spring. They used to advertise it as the "tactile touch" butterfly in the early 80's. This example I think is the earliest recorded on the modern internet since all advertisements for that switch type are very early 80's and 1977 examples of the same board are foam and foil capacitive.

It uses a 16x8 column/row arrangement so the xwhatsit Model F capacitive sense controller should work with it even though I'll need to manually set the voltage thresholds. Only problem is the original controller is integrated so I've had to desolder all that stuff on the board.

The caps were also pretty yellowed from 40 years of continuous use. I used retrobright and it did the trick but remained a bit splotchy so I've had to individually sand and repolish each key. I'm not even halfway done with that yet. But it is amazing to see that regular green go back to the teal you see in pictures. I thought those pictures just had fucked saturation and contrast like a bunch of 70's magazine pics.

I've gone full meme.
>>
>>60711475
thanks, how are they holding up with use and do they have good compatibility with loonix.
Some of them were getting bricked after a short time
>>
>>60710449

Honestly I'm kind of pissed about the whole mechanical keyboard thing.

I bought a KBParadise V80 with Matias Quiet Click switches from MechanicalKeyboards.com a few months back.

There were like 5 switches that had serious chatter issues and gave me a ton of repeated characters while typing.

I ended up having to send the keyboard back to them at my expense ($20 with insurance). FOUR FUCKING WEEKS later I hadn't heard anything, so I emailed them for a status update and they replied (I'll paraphrase) "Oh, uhh, hey it just happens to be the next one in the queue!". Another week later it finally shipped out. I got it back, hooked it back up, and while all the keys that were having chatter issues before are fine now, there's a DIFFERENT key having the same fucking problem.

Their customer service was so shit that I don't even want to deal with sending it in again, especially if it's going to add another $20 to an already overpriced keyboard.
>>
>>60711559
I was about to order from them, but they take 50$ for shipping internationally, fuck that
>>
>>60711807

I just sent them a three paragraph rant about how they're absolute shit unless they fix my fucking problem conveniently and expediently with no additional cost to me.

Seriously, it's out of control at this point. I pre-ordered an out of stock product about 5 months out from the expected shipment date. The product actually was delivered right when they said it would be originally. After using it for a few days though, there were 4-5 keys that were malfunctioning. I emailed their customer service about it at the time and they asked if I wanted to RMA. Some of them seemed to be getting better, so I figured it might just be a break-in period thing. I gave it a few weeks and the problem didn't go away, so I emailed them requesting an RMA and was informed shipping it back would be at my own expense.

So, to be fair that is stated in the policy on their website so I didn't bitch and just packaged it up and paid to send it in. The policy said allow up to four weeks, but the rep that emailed me said "we should have it done well before then.

Four and a half weeks later I hadn't heard a word so I emailed back, which apparently made them dig it out of the bin or something and actually "fix" it. Well I got it back a week and a half after that and it's malfunctioning on a different fucking key now, so I'm pretty pissed.

They'd better offer to replace it free of charge, sending me a new unit (TESTED) and a shipping label to return the defective one, come suck my dick, or send me a free dragon dildo or fleshlight or something.
>>
>>60711947
post this on leddit, and their social media account, these days companies don't give a fuck unless they get called out on their bullshit practices in public.
>>
>>60712006

I was waiting to start posting shit reviews all over the internet until they actually try to fuck me. I try not to be the "social media terrorist", because as someone who has worked in marketing I know how much of a pain in the ass snowflakes who go and start posting one star reviews because they didn't like the hair color of one of your employees can be.

That said, if they don't come back with a really good response this time I'm going to hit all the major mechanical keyboard forums, subreddits, and review sites with screenshots of my email chain and descriptions of my experience until they come begging to tickle my prostate.

I've been really, really patient and reasonable with these people.
>>
>>60711128
>list or all the special keys you can program (macros, momentary, dual-role keys, Fn, .... )?
Hmmm, bump for interest.
>>
>>60712276
key chatter is a firmware problem, which KBP has plenty of problems with. You can find threads on geekhack going back a couple years with claims of updates that fix the problems.
>>
>>60712508
it's all pretty well documented here https://docs.qmk.fm/
>>
>>60712532

A firmware problem that causes seemingly random chatter on the same 4-5 keys, then after sending it in for repair has chatter on a different key?

I'm a little lost as to how firmware could be the root of the problem here.
>>
>>60712615
Each key has different debounce times, and it is up to the firmware to correct them. Some keyboards like the choc mini have hardware controls that let you control those timings. This is because certain manufactures like KBP lubes the switches to make them smoother and the grease can effect the chatter. My guess is that's what mechanicalkeyboards did.
>>
>>60710607
I've got one on reds for almost 2 years now since I used to be a gaymur and I must say that it is in fact a great keyboard and didn't have a single problem with it but still, too expensive probably.

The bingbongs sold it to me without keycap remover.

Don't buy from bingbongs.

Would go with K70 now
>>
>>60712784

They have no firmware updates on their website and I can't find anything newer than 2015 for the V80 on their Facebook.
>>
>>60712883
I don't have one, but some people say that using the new v60 firmware fixes the problems, as well as opening up the switches and cleaning any excess grease
>>
>>60711496
>convert it to USB

Is that a real thing? I have a Wyse terminal board that I'd really love to convert to usb rather than salvaging the switches like I had planned when I got it.
>>
I want to buy all 4 of these keycap sets because I waste money and go hungry sometimes

I currently have a CM QFR(costar stabilizers), a Ducky Shine 5(cherry stabilizers) and am looking at getting a James Donkey 619(doesn't say what kind of stabilizers it uses on the amazon page)

I don't know what's compatible with what, because the product page on all these cap sets doesn't say specifically what kind of stabilizers these are meant to go on, it just says

>Some Costar stabilizer keyboard whose spacebar may be clicky for thick caps.You can adjust the wire or cut the edges of inner spacebar.This is a easy problem.If you have met this problem,just leave us message.We will help you solve it.

and I have no idea what that means.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Side-Print-108-ANSI-layout-Thick-PBT-Keycap-1976-Color-matching-For-OEM-Cherry-MX-Switches/32758948813.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cool-Jazz-Black-Gray-mixed-Dolch-Thick-PBT-104-87-68-61-Keycaps-OEM-Profile-Key/32783684013.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cool-Jazz-PBT-112-119-Keyset-hot-sublimation-Cherry-MX-keycap-With-puller-For-87-104/32811882155.html(both jukebox and carbon)
>>
>>60712899

>$130 keyboard.
>Requires me to track down firmware because the manufacturers site is shit.
>For a different model of keyboard.
>On the word of people on the internet that "totally werks dude".
>Disassemble brand new switches to remove grease.

Jesus fuck why is this acceptable? I've literally never experienced a malfunction with a $10 keyboard in decades.
>>
>>60712928
Yeah. Any old capacitive keyboard if it has enough rows/columns for a model F 16x8 or a beamspring 24x4? converter can get running again.

With contact switches, you just need some diodes and a teensy. It's stuff like hall effect that's a lot more complicated.
>>
Anyone had issues with DSA spacebars sticking with Cherry stabilizers? They feel really mushy. No problems with any of the other keys apart from the spacebar. Searched around a bit and it seems to be a relatively common problem with DSA profile keycaps, but I don't quite know how to fix it. Seems like I can sand/file some of it to solve it, but I'm not quite sure where I need to sand.
>>
>>60711559
Had a friend bring me a KPB Matias board to look at with chatter issues. The build quality is just dogshit as far as the solder work goes. Pins look like they'd been bent and rebent as well so many of the switches had been forced at least once. The thing about simplified Alps style switches is that they have flat pins and are sensitive to misalignment of the switch plates during board assembly. The Matias switches are actually put together better than the black simplified genuine Alps in my Dell bigfoots, which don't chatter at all. But that doesn't matter much if you let a ham handed shitter assemble your board.
>>
>>60714384
>>60712006

Well they've now offered to send me a prepaid shipping label and refund the price of the keyboard once they receive it back in "like-new condition". I'm not even sure if I deal with it though, considering how they've been so far. There's a small bit of shine on the cheap plastic of the case right below the spacebar just from the maybe one month total of actual use I've gotten out of it, even though all the keys look perfect still. There's no way they could sell this thing as new so I'm afraid they'll try to jew me and I'll still be out $20 for the original return shipping.

Besides, there's not many options to replace it with. I got an expensive ass aluminum case for it so it would sit right on my desk and so I'm locked in to a handful of TKL models that will fit it. On top of that, there aren't nearly enough tactile switch options in that format.

What do you guys think, deal with MKBs bullshit again or just cut my losses and try to repair the single chattering key issue myself?
>>
How do I push my typing speed to the next level, /mkg/? I usually get around 98 WPM on http://typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/ if I'm focused, but I think my average speed is closer to something like 92. I've only ever broken 100 WPM once. Does anybody who consistently breaks 100 WPM have some good tips for practice? Oddly, I usually type faster with MX blacks than on buckling springs, so maybe I'm doing something wrong and not paying attention to feedback.
>>
>>60714565
Just buy a few switches and solder them in yourself. Fix the issue in like ten minutes instead of all this silly runaround crap. That would have cost you less than the return shipping you did in the first place.
>>
>>60714666

Looks like I'm pretty consistently around 89-91 on my shitty keyboard at work. It's been years since I really tested much but I remember the last time I did a few tests being firmly in the 75-85 range. So I guess I've improved some. I'll have to try again at home to see if I do any better on my mechanical.

Honestly, I'm perfectly content with that speed and see no reason to go out of my way to push above that. I've got pretty stumpy fingers, so if my speed improves over time that's great, but my current speed is certainly no handicap.
>>
>>60714835

I guess that's what I need to do at this point. What a pain in the ass.
>>
Looking to buy a mechanical keyboard, I'm looking at the corsair 70 rgb lux. Is it a good keyboard?
>>
>>60715016
I think it look ugly, and as far as keyboards go there are better options.
>>
>>60715185
what else would you suggest?
money isn't really an issue although i wouldn't mind saving a few dollars. Want something that looks nice and has blue switches
>>
File: Model M SSK.jpg (648KB, 1632x1071px) Image search: [Google]
Model M SSK.jpg
648KB, 1632x1071px
>tfw sold my ssk
>>
>>60715756
how mush did the sucker pay for it?
>>
File: FC980m_GMK_Carbon.jpg (167KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FC980m_GMK_Carbon.jpg
167KB, 1024x768px
>>60715488
I'd go for something like a leopold fc980m since its got a numpad while still having the same length as a TKL. Other options would be a ducky TKL since those have hardware features like programmable media keys and macros, or maybe get an 80% keyboard like the magicforce 82 since those are even more compact then a TKL
>>
>>60715782
£200 + postage, less than what i did, but oh well
>>
>>60715891
Wait you paid more for it? Was it bolt modded?
>>
>>60715957
nope, springs were replaced though, and i was slightly suckered in by the absurd prices some others were selling them for

in the end i decided i liked my full size m more tho
>>
File: Redragon_K552_KUMARA.jpg (129KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Redragon_K552_KUMARA.jpg
129KB, 1500x1500px
Redragon K552 KUMARA. Price is $33. Worth it?
>>
>>60716036
I was lucky and got both a full size model m and an ssk for 80 bucks. The seller didn't know what he had since you can get full size model ms for 50 bucks. He thought they were worth the same, so I offered him 40 bucks for each one.
>>
>>60716094
nice
>>
File: colol.jpg (148KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
colol.jpg
148KB, 953x953px
Which one do I get /mkg/? SA carbon or DSA carbon? I want GMK carbon, but its ABS plastic. I know SA carbon is also ABS, but I don't mind the shine since I think it adds to it. I've never used ABS caps before since my old rubber dome had pad printed PBT
>>
>>60716166
I use DSA in my everyday board, but I think SA is cooler for the 70's terminal feel.
>>
>>60710875
its only $60
is there a specific one you would recommend less than $100?
>>
File: Tomoko $28.png (71KB, 1144x281px) Image search: [Google]
Tomoko $28.png
71KB, 1144x281px
>>60717270
all those except the leopold are under $100. If you want really cheap then get a tomoko for 30 bucks on amazon since that has similar build quality to the corsair keyboard.
>>
>>60717291
thanks
>>
File: ZPInRnR.jpg (2MB, 3299x2474px) Image search: [Google]
ZPInRnR.jpg
2MB, 3299x2474px
>>
Name a better production switch than Gateron blacks oh wait you can't
>>
>>60719436
Cherry has new smooth molds now. Gateron on suicide watch.
>>
Do Topres get any better, or did I get memed?
>>
First mechanical keyboard recommendation? I have never used one before but I like the idea.
>>
>>60720033
Shame the molds have sucked ass for so long and they only made new ones cuz gateron improved on their design so much.
>>
>>60720058
topres are up there on the meme ladder, but I say just keep climbing up to the higher meme rungs
>>
>>60720062
just get a cheap one for like 20 bucks. If you like it then get a better one.
>>
>>60716070
Yes. 33 is the magic number. Noagendashow.com
>>
>>60710607
I actually bought one on sale for $60. I've been pretty happy with it. I have owned blue switches and browns. Red's are honestly the best for me typing and gaming. I'd recommend it if you are willing to spend $60 for it.
>>
>>60717291
Blue switches are loud, also tomoko key caps get dirty pretty quickly I'd recommend getting custom keycaps or something.
>>
>>60720070
What else is out there? I already have a Unicomp buckling springs and tried Cherry MX Blues, Browns and Reds.
>>
>>60720106
Alps/Matias
>>
Are there any cheap chink keyboards with Kailh Copper switches or with similar shorter travel tactile switches? Preferably TKL.
>>
>>60720033
So now instead of paying twice as much for a worse switch, you're paying twice as much for an equal switch, hmmmmmm ok
>>
>>60720106
How high up do you want to go? This high?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9yg3s77nAMQ&fmt=18&gl=GB&hl=en-GB
>>
>>60720308
Alps have a higher actuation point then normal cherries at around 1.3-1.5 mm. To be honest tho it doesn't really matter since you bottom out the switches anyway, and reset times are the same.
>>
>>60720443
I have O rings on my Kailh browns but they still feel a bit too deep for rhythm games and typing /fast/.
>>
File: 1482604935176.jpg (90KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482604935176.jpg
90KB, 750x500px
The TADA68 is still a solid choice for first-time buyer, right?
Or, is there any 68% board + the Function key row?
>>
Apart from Logitech K800, can anyone recommend good scissor switch keyboards? Preferably full size?

Or should I just go for a Chinese board with gateron browns and origns?
>>
>>60721160
This post feels like going into a sport car enthusiast club and asking which Toyota to get.
>>
How do I into mkb without spending over $100 (want more like $50) and not being disappointed with trash?
I like the numpad, too.
>>
>>60721216
Magicforce 68 (no led) can be had for 40 bucks, probably as low as you can get (unknown Chinese boards aside).
>>
>>60721255
No numpad tho, bummer.

What about the logitech G610? It's a little more expensive. How do I tell a good board?
>>
>>60721328
Isn't that one like 80-100 bucks?
Logitech is generally not looked upon fondly in these parts, but it's not all shit either.
Sometimes, nice things are just that expensive to make, man.
>>
>>60721415
Yeah it's $75 on amazon.

I think I'll just take that other anon's advice and buy a cheap one first and get a more expensive one later. Maybe what >>60721255 suggested.
>>
File: 137871.jpg (114KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
137871.jpg
114KB, 1200x900px
Why are Gateron red keyboards so hard to come across for a reasonable price?
I live with roommates and the blues are a tad noisy at night, so I want to get something a tad quieter for some late night funposting.
For the Qisan/Magicforce board, that's $60-$70. Considering you can get keyboards with gateron blues for half that, that sounds horridly overpriced for even the switch brand.
I've yet to hear much on James Donkey keyboards, so they don't have my interest.
Monoprice has one in a realistic price range, but the layout kills me and the font is horrid. Couple with the lack of caps because of the layout and that's deal breaker.
>>
File: 1080_IMGP5017.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1080_IMGP5017.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
Any chinese boards that offer 98 keys. I basically want something affordable that is in between a TKL and full size. The CM Masterkeys Pro M is out my budget atm.
>>
>>60721116
the VA68M is slightly larger, but I personally think it's way more aesthetic and more usable arrow keys. Not fully programmable though, which can be a pita.
>>
reds for fps?
>>
>>60714666
Most people here type even slower than that. All this autism about switches is mostly about "comfort" which is what these snails think they need, while their real problem is that they simply suck at typing.

If you bottom out, it doesn't really matter which keyboard you are using. Might as well use a rubber dome. The less travel time and force necessary, the more room you've got for improvement. You'll have people claiming otherwise, but "oddly" enough, they're always slow typers. You want your fingers to do as little work as possible. It's a lot like playing guitar - you don't want to choke those frets like your mom's dick, just touch them as lightly as possible.

Buckling springs won't make you better at typing. Personally, I don't even like them, kind of weird and stiff.
>>
>>60721985

There's always the Anne Pro, but it's a meme keeblet for redditors and sock wearers.
>>
>>60723376
Yes.
>>
>tfw waiting for Hana DSA
>>60723466
>meme keeblet for redditors and sock wearers.
Can you explain ? It looks like a good and cheap alternative to a pok3r RGB.
>>
>>60723521
Regular 60% are extremely homosexual, the HHKB is the compact keyboard for serious professionals
>>
>>60723521
basically, if a retard can't explain something without sperging, it's >>>/reddit/
>>
So now that I have a keyboard I'm supposed to spend money on meme caps, right?
>>
>>60723521
60% keyboards are for homos. There's no real reason to own one other than mentally masturbating over the idea of the layout. It's just stupid shit.

I got nothing in particular against people who get them for aesthetics alone, but there's never a motherfucker real enough to admit he's just a homo who wants a homo keeblet. They always make shit up and go on about fn layers. Dude, like, when you go down on a cock, you don't have a speech over how you're really straight. You shut up and gobble that shit down.

>>60723607
And then there's the HHKB faggots. These are not regular homos or even regular homos in denial. We're talking aggressive gym jocks into quick and aggressive ass work under the shower. And they go for the jugular at the mere insinuation that they swing the other way.
>>
looking for a RGB 60% cherry red board for under $100

anyone know any?
>>
>>60721328
I came here to ask about keyboards without numpads. There is one cheap keyboard with blue switches I'd probably buy, but I seriously doubt I'd be worth it without numpad, my habit of typing numbers with numpad seems to be hard to give up.
Is anybody there using reduced keyboard for writing code and shit?
>>
File: 20170321_161808.jpg (710KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_161808.jpg
710KB, 2048x1152px
>>60724536
I can do everything except play arma and cad effectively with a 60%
>>
>>60724709
you convinced me not to buy, thanks!
>>
>>60723750
where do i subscribe?
>>
>>60721216
There are a couple full size ones on amazon for 40 bucks. One has browns, and the other has blues
>>
>>60724769
>>>/g/mkg
>>
I just ordered one of those mechanical keyboards what you can customize the backlighting per key. I was thinking of white for the whole thing, amber for WSAD. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>60725245
Suicide
>>
>>60725285
But then I won't get to videogames.
>>
last week a kid in the apartment under mine caused a fire while cooking. almost everything except the stuff in my safe have not made it :(
this includes my trustworthy model M that I picked up at a flea market a five years ago for $5

looking for a new mech, but prefer something smaller
>68-ish keys with arrow keys
>gateron brown or cherry brown/clear
>detachable usb
>with or without backlight, don't care

don't care about caps, because ill buy a blank pbt set anyways.

are there alternatives to the TADA68 (besides the VA/VR82M)?
>>
>>60725525
Magicforce68 and RS68 are alternatives as well
>>
>>60725657
oh yeah the magicforce is an option, but i dislike its looks a lot.
rs68 looks like a good alternative to the tada68. is there a seller besides massdrop and taobao?
>>
>>60725837
No the guy who makes them had a baby so they are only availble for limited runs. It used to be every 4-5 months you'd get one, but the last run was just before his baby came.
>>
>>60725971
lmao, alright

what are all the differences between the rs68 and the tada68? i know the rs has an aluminum case.
>>
>>60726058
RS is basically the same with programmable RGB lighting and underglow, but doesn't come with keycaps. The TADA68 also has an option for an aluminum case, but only comes with a white backlight. Both are fully programmable
>>
>>60710607
I have one it's pretty gud. No complaints. Probably costs more than other brands but otherwise good
>>
Where's the cheapest place to get keycaps? I want to change some keycaps on my quickfire tk to white but don't want to spend a bunch of money if possible
>>
>>60727237
Aliexpress
>>
>>60710917

Arduino is SHIT for keyboards.

Shit latency.

Even a $5 chinkboard does perform better.
>>
I would like a mkg that has RGB or white leds that are dimmable. Full keyboard if possible but smaller one would be fine too.

Are there any that allow for switches to be changed? I would like to alternate between blues and blacks
>>
>>60727658
Plenty do. You can get cheap chink ones for 40-50 bucks that have that feature. E element has a couple on amazon
>>
File: photo_2017-06-03_15-26-56.jpg (155KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-06-03_15-26-56.jpg
155KB, 1280x960px
>>60727611
>latency
Ho ho ho, at how many words per hertz do you type at?
>>
Approximately how often does the Vortex Pok3r drop on Massdrop? Where else can I buy it in the EU?
>>
>>60727883
That looks like shit. Is the case made from clay?
>>
File: Capture.png (136KB, 2568x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
136KB, 2568x1408px
>>60728501
3D printed, sanded and spray painted
>>
>>60727717
but I want mah cherrys... will they fit?
>>
File: 04_20170518160947.jpg (83KB, 955x637px) Image search: [Google]
04_20170518160947.jpg
83KB, 955x637px
Just bought the Carbon SA's off mass drop. Paid 90 buckaroos and gotta wait an entire year for them to ship it to me, but I think it'll be worth it. I fucking hate how they gotta jew you on those novelty packs, where you cant just buy individual keys, or just offer smaller packs with less duplicates.
>>
Special snowflake ISO here
If I bought a chink DSA kit and replaced a few keys from a PMK kit, would it look like shit?
>>
File: DAKJh44UQAE7c7a.jpg (44KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DAKJh44UQAE7c7a.jpg
44KB, 1200x675px
>>60710449
>bunch of dudes circlejerk about "muh expensive keyboards"
>wonder why people dont want to come in their threads
>>
>>60728488
Candeykeys
>>
>>60728569
Yeah, but the backlight won't look good, and gaterons have better build quality anyway.
>>
>>60729199
The problem with chink DSA is the terrible legend quality. The build quality of the caps themselves is slightly better then PMK, but the legends are dog shit. If you do want chink DSA get blanks
>>
File: e83e59c18484.jpg (139KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
e83e59c18484.jpg
139KB, 1600x1066px
Where were you when Tesoro saved /mkg/?
>>
>>60729714
wow cherry ML clones, not only that but they are clones of kailh switches. Just what we needed
>>
>>60729500
Well shit, I wanted them for the pretty legends
Gonna have to find something else then
>>
>>60729242

>im poor and i dont know what luxury is
>>
>>60728727
>SA
can't think of a worse keycap profile.
>>
File: c930acef6fea610f492c2fc7081f3c2e.jpg (574KB, 1446x816px) Image search: [Google]
c930acef6fea610f492c2fc7081f3c2e.jpg
574KB, 1446x816px
Nth for 75%
Once you try it you won't be able to go back

Also blues are the one true switch and most likely what was use to write our universe.
>>
>>60729829
I love it. Pain in the ass to find alternate keycaps for it, but favorite layout for sure.

Blues however can suck a dick, as can every other light switch. 55+g or bust.
>>
I've been using a 80% blue keyboard for around 2 years now. I realized I only use the 60% keys and I'm not too beholden to the clickiness, so I was interested in the hhkb. Is there any way to get a feel for how the topre keys feel? Are there similar cherry or rubber dome keys?
>>
>>60729936
They are literally rubber domes that actuate at the collapse point instead of when bottoming out. Any halfway decent individual rubber dome with slider (non-rubber mat) should give you 99% of the same experience.

That's all those chinese 'mechanical feel' keyboards, old stuff like the Razor Scorpious, and old ass stuff like the BTC-5100C.
>>
>>60721206
Sounds like a valid question then. Toyota made some of the best sports cars of all time.
>>
>>60729992
I see, thanks. I don't know if I'll be able to get my hands on one of those but I'll keep an eye out
>>
>>60730068
Funny you misspelled nissan
>>
File: 1445478748131.jpg (2MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1445478748131.jpg
2MB, 2000x1333px
>>60730140
I don't disagree.
>>
File: quoLpQc.jpg (2MB, 4322x2838px) Image search: [Google]
quoLpQc.jpg
2MB, 4322x2838px
>>60729893
I feel you on the keycaps but there are a few sets on aliexpress with 5.5 bars and the keyboard has a hardware swap for control and capslock which is invaluable for me.
It seems like Noppoo is done making keyboards though, all the stock is drying up and there are also price cuts happening, yet the new Plum keyboards are very clearly made with Noppoo's tooling.
I've never used anything heavier than a blue but I wouldn't mind a heavier key I suppose. It's the extreme tactility that appeals to me.
>>
>>60729826

I think they look unique and awesome. Unfortunately Ive never had the pleasure of typing on them.
>>
i just got my 2mm thick n' stiff (70A hardness probably) o-rings for my blues and shit's fucking epic you've got to try them and for $1-2 you won't bust your wallet trying them, they reduce the bottom out sound so the keys make a nicer overall sound but that's not the main reason i bought them, they reduce the travel distance so the keys feel a lot tighter, without the o-rings the keys feel really sloppy by comparison, with o-rings they bounce up faster, feels like i type faster and i seem to make fewer mistakes, or at least it feels much more satisfying to type with them, you can probably find 5mm inner diameter o-rings of varying thicknesses at your local hardware store or from china but i had to wait a month for them to get here

>>60721160
>Or should I just go for a Chinese board with gateron browns and origns?
fuck yeah the only benefit of scissor switches is the shorter travel distance but cherry/clone switches are just better in every way if you get the thick stiff o-rings and thick pbt keycaps

>>60730424
try 2mm thick o-rings they sit right below the activation point and add resistance and tactility in a similar way as the rubber dome in a topre switch does
>>
>>60730782
Yeah I'm going to order some in a few days I think along with a new keyboard. I'm thinking of a drevo gamr or another choc mini but in black with a brown switch since I already have black red and blue boards.
>>
>>60730801
newegg has based gateron brown choc mini for just $60 if you're in burgerland

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9W13T94457
>>
File: WP_20170603_23_47_30_Pro.jpg (3MB, 4992x3744px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170603_23_47_30_Pro.jpg
3MB, 4992x3744px
Muh tactile feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
>>
>>60731066
I feel like this is from some meme someone posted on reddit. Care to fill me in.
>>
>>60729810

>luxury is an overpriced fad
>>
>>60731134
>spends 10+ hours a day using his $600+ computer and mobile devices
>probably has a $60+ mouse
>won't spend $30-60 of his autism bux on a proper keyboard
at least go to a best buy and try them out you narrow-minded ass faggot
>>
>>60731134
>$30 is overpriced
>>
>>60729437
>Candeykeys
It Out of Stock and nothing in the "Incoming products and tracking" section about a new batch coming anytime soon...
>>
>>60731134
I don't get it. People happily spend 50 bucks on a console controller, yet they wont spend the same amount on PC peripherals
>>
>>60731250
there is amazon, but those are very expensive
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mechanical-Keyboard-Cherry-Mx-Blue-backlit/dp/B01LZR2H7D
>>
>>60731250
the only ones in stock are the LE ones
https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/category/leopold/vortex_16/
>>
File: large_1761_fswg1.jpg (155KB, 1200x472px) Image search: [Google]
large_1761_fswg1.jpg
155KB, 1200x472px
I want this shit

Is this coming back?
Is there something similar?
>>
>>60728727

Got myself a set too, so excited. Can't believe the shipping time though, this has been such a long-standing problem for SP and the fact that it's just getting worse blows my mind.

I don't know how the business operates so I can't say much with authority, but it seems it would have been fortuitous to expand their facilities to handle the increased demand/capacity.
>>
How does Black Cherry compare to BRown and Blue?

I've only ever used Brown and Blues

Brown is my default and I like very much
Blues are too loud for me; didnt rate em too much
>>
>>60731411
imagine browns, but no bump.
it just goes all the way through, without any obstruction.
so there is no telling when the key stroke registers, i.e. no tactile feedback.
>>
>>60731328
there is only one left with blacks
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1760
Ducky restock at the end of the year around October
>>
>>60731534
>Ducky restock at the end of the year around October
Thanks
I saw that which is why I asked about the switches here >>60731411

>>60731467
Thank you btw

---

What is 45g Electro Capacitive/45g Topre?
How does that compare to browns?
>>
>>60723750
which one are you? You seem kind of like the second one, but maybe you bottom like a 60%? Do you swallow?
>>
>>60731328
man that's a sexy keyboard. If it came in black I'd snatch one up at that price
>>
File: large_493_YOTS_4[1].jpg (243KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
large_493_YOTS_4[1].jpg
243KB, 1000x625px
Any full aluminum framed tenkeyless or full-size mechanical keyboards? And no I don't mean the Corsair-style floating key over open aluminum backplate design.

Something more like Cherry Mx Board 6.0 (but with ANSI layout) or the special Ducky Year of the Snake edition keyboard, but actually in stock or available in something like a black aluminum finish.

Preferably non-linear switches (Brown/Clear/Blue/Green all enjoyable to me), and no RGB/LEDs.
>>
>>60723750
i agree, if you're buying a keyboard in 2017 you should go with 65%/75%/90%. if you're a fullsize fag, kill yourself.
>>
>>60731253
Because that's their only choice. They can buy an unsupported 3rd party controller that explodes in your hands.
>>
>>60731775
yeah i have the $8 chink controller for android development and it fucking sucks. i can see why iOS only allows controllers that pass their requirements.
>>
>>60731803
Yeah you need Sarah's Developer Certification
>>
File: Ducky one.jpg (226KB, 1200x677px) Image search: [Google]
Ducky one.jpg
226KB, 1200x677px
>>60731735
Those are the only ones in stock
>>
>>60730708
>I think they look unique and awesome.
> Unfortunately Ive never had the pleasure of typing on them.
you come off as a moron.

PS: hope you have a typewriter for those caps.
>>
>>60731742
Varmilo, IKBC, and the Club K-type
>>
File: Dentalbandmod 9.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Dentalbandmod 9.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I went straight to the endgame, HHKB w 55g RF domes and DB's. Nothing compares I take the keyboard to and from work now.

But i'll be honest the best part is the smug sense of superiority you get when someone asks why your keyboard has not letters.
>>
>>60730782
Link to the orings you bought please?
>>
>>60732200
Hey, just letting you know your spacebar seems to have come facing the wrong direction..

You should look into returning it, because as of now it belongs in the trash.
>>
File: 53262201.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
53262201.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>60732329
t. tripfag who fell for the DSA profile meme
>>
>>60732245
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100Pcs-Black-O-Type-Sealing-Rubber-Ring-Gaskets-5-6-7-8-9-10-2-MM/32790018330.html

9 x 2mm (2mm thickness, 5mm inner diameter, 9mm outer diameter)
>>
Any thoughts on the Ultimate Hacking keyboard, is it a meme, or could it be useful...
>>
>>60732329
It's objectively worse but I'll be honest its mainly because I made a big scratch in the front of the spacebar using a shitty keycap puller
>>
>>60732446
>It's objectively worse
nicely meme'd. at most it's subjective/personal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKKEeVcvap4
>>
>>60732378
>>60732463
woah you really don't have much else going on do you?

>>60732446
now's your chance to buy a pbt topre spacebar
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2apFTh1ZzQ
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgTDP4TKZQ
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QIRKGia2Sg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5V1syNqXD8
>>
>>60732475
>woah you really don't have much else going on do you?
says the tripfag
>>
>>60732081
I can't do white caps, I don't wash my hands often enough.
>>
>>60732141
Varmilo seems to popup from time-to-time on Shilldrop. Floating key design is bad.

IKBC looks OK, but the RGB and plastic backing and potential chink shit quality are off-putting.

The Club K-Type is another floating key design. Bad.

Honestly just want the Filco TKL Aluminum Black case made, but it's _never_ in stock.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=280

+ No floating key design
+ Full aluminum casing
+ Filco keyboard quality
>>
>>60732475
That is a topre PBT spacebar, I got in on the first run with massdrop
>>
>>60732329
heh guys look at this uncultured plebeian
>>
>>60732586
Why don't you like floating keys? I think they look HELLA neat, senpai.
>>
>>60732662
he doesn't even use cherry/OEM profile so what does his opinion matter lmao. i think he's a reddit reject (hence why he's using the tripcode) and that he's trying too hard to fit in on 4chan by hating on anything that has the slightest association with reddit.
>>
>>60732581
There is one that's black with clear sub legends
>>
>>60732763
also i'm poor
>>
File: microsoftergonomic.jpg (29KB, 780x430px) Image search: [Google]
microsoftergonomic.jpg
29KB, 780x430px
lol the reddit user who gets triggered by space bars is back. Just a little reminder to him that a flipped space bar means nothing if you have shit posture. We figured this out almost 30 years ago:
Putting any pressure on your wrists = bad
>>
>>60732790
$99 is the price of a mid range keyboard. Cooler master has one that is similar at the same price on amazon.
>>
File: Profiles_Cherry-OEM.png (679KB, 1468x463px) Image search: [Google]
Profiles_Cherry-OEM.png
679KB, 1468x463px
>>60732802
kill yourself retard, look at the key profile in your pic, what does it look more similar to, cherry profile with non-flipped spacebar/bottom row or cherry profile with flipped spacebar/bottom row?

not giving you any (You)s after this you wretched sick fuck
>>
>>60732849
Not too poor to buy a keyboard, just too poor to buy anything.
I already have several mechanical keyboards.
>>
File: matias ergo pro.jpg (190KB, 1510x850px) Image search: [Google]
matias ergo pro.jpg
190KB, 1510x850px
>>60732877
What? Do you lack reading comprehension? At what point did I start blabbering on about profiles??? I simply pointed out that flipping your space bar doesn't matter if you put pressure on your wrists. Anyway this I don't even think you deserve a (You), but I'm nice and I'll give you 1 me.
>>
@(You)

What? Do you lack reading comprehension? At what point did I start blabbering on about putting pressure on your wrists??? I simply pointed out that flipping your space bar doesn't matter if you don't put pressure on your wrists. Anyway this I don't even think you deserve a (You), but I'm nice and I'll give you 1 me.
>>
>>60732703
I used one for a while (Corsair K65, I believe), and I have my headphone cable coming out around the left side of my keyboard.

I stood up once, the headphone cable snagged in between the key cap and the cherry mx housing of the ESC key, breaking the stem of the keycap. Couldn't replace the entire keycap set because >Corsair not using ANSI standard bottom row. I used a novelty keycap for the escape key, but after I moved to a Filco, I never want to move back to Corsair, or non-standard non-ANSI layouts, or floating key style keyboards.

People like floating keys because it's easy to clean, but I dislike it because shit gets snagged underneath keycaps and it's also easier for shit to get in there in the first place.

I've only needed to clean my Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja with Brown switches only once in my 3 years of owning it, and it still looks clean. I was using canned air every 4 months on my K65 when I used it.
>>
>>60732943
Perfectly understandable reasoning. The only reason I like them is because they look neat. I don't clean my keebs anyway so it being easier to clean wouldn't be a benefit for me.
>>
I was originally going to order the TADA68 due to the gateron browns, but since the lack of the function row I'm leaning towards Leopold FC660M with cherry mx browns. Is it worth losing the function row for better feeling switches? Because they're both a similar price but they both have drawbacks.
>>
>>60733036
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9W13T94457

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Mechanical-keyboard-pbt-keyboarded-a-large-black-keyboard-keyboarded/2230037_32740037614.html
>>
File: IMG_20170412_220644.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170412_220644.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
How do you guys feel about the Code keyboards? I ordered one with mx-clears about a month ago and I fucking love it
>>
>>60733089
I have a cheaper keyboard atm with the same layout, the only thing I don't like about it is that everytime that I put on num lock for my wireless numpad I have to switch it back due to the numpad being integrated into the letters, but that layout is definitely the solution to my problems but it's that damn integrated numpad that just irritates me, but thanks for the suggestion mate.
>>
>>60732877
>make a display with clear plastic to show key profiles
>only a single row of keys
>not even a usable keyboard at all
>still gets full of hair and dirt
Tell ya what...
>>
>>60733153
for the numpad issue you could try doing something with autohotkey like ignore the built in numlock and make an autohotkey toggle to remap numpaddown etc

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm
>>
>>60733236
Shit, I'm retarded, I didn't even think about that. Thanks
>>
File: X5hwdzy.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
X5hwdzy.gif
1MB, 276x260px
What do your family and friends think of your hobby? Have you ever told any of them how much you pay for your keyboards?

Explain yourself.
>>
>>60733913
Why should I have to explain or justify my hobbies to anybody in the first place?
>>
>>60733987
Because your dad's going to talk shit about you to your girlfriend if you don't. You've got 5 seconds.
>>
Hey, have you guys heard: colored key caps are for ____.
>>
>>60733996
jokes on you I don't have one :^)
>>
>>60711086
Wheres the rub out key?
>>
>>60733996
Jokes on you my dad bought me a model m and told me to use a real man's keyboard
>>
>>60733996
>your girlfriend
>>
>>60733913

Its not a hobby for me, its just part of my pursuit to make my workspace comfortable and aesthetic.

And no, no I would not tell them how much Ive spent on this...
>>
>>60733996
My dad encourages my keyboard hobby because he also likes making things himself rather than buying off the shelf products.
>>
I bought a game titan KM06 because cherry keyboards seem overpriced. I don't see what makes keyboards with cherry switches worth 3x more than keyboards with kailh switches.
>>
>>60735167
you're good to go you could upgrade the keycaps but you're already roughly on par with razer/corsair/logitech quality wise and way ahead of rubber done keyboards
>>
File: 20170524_130855.jpg (772KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_130855.jpg
772KB, 2048x1152px
Alright, so.
A customer at work gave me this 2014 black widow ultimate with a few caps missing as you can see. Will cherry mount caps be compatible?

Also, It's clean except for two of the switches are covered with something making them mushy to use, what would be the best way in cleaning them?
>>
>>60735514
Yes, they will.
>>
File: My Feels.jpg (70KB, 736x551px) Image search: [Google]
My Feels.jpg
70KB, 736x551px
>>60732378
>DSA profile meme
DSA or SA ?
what should I do ?
>>
>>60735514
Yes, but the bottom row has nonstandard spacing. ANSI Cherry stem keycap replacements has the CTRL, WIN, ALT, and FN keys all the same 1.5x width.

If you want to replace ALL the keycaps with a consistent look, then I only know of Max Keyboards selling compatible sets. (They include extra sizes for the aforementioned keys, plus 3 different width space bars, etc.)

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/max-keyboard-keycap-set

I'll defer to others as how to clean it. It looks filthy enough that I'd completely take it apart clean it with isopropyl alcohol and possibly even give the keyboard frame a coat of paint and a gloss coat since it looks scratched up.
>>
File: memeboard.jpg (1MB, 2700x2021px) Image search: [Google]
memeboard.jpg
1MB, 2700x2021px
ayyy
>>
File: 1494269614240.jpg (100KB, 750x708px) Image search: [Google]
1494269614240.jpg
100KB, 750x708px
>>60736829
I ordered one of those new model f keyboards. Gotta keep that 80s feeling going for 30 more years.
>>
>>60710607
I have one and was wondering what sick keycaps everyone is using.
>>
>>60737379
Ones you can't use because you bought a keyboard with a 6.5u spacebar.
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.