[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ New thread, old one archived.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 52

File: bait.png (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
6KB, 200x200px
/sqt/ New thread, old one archived.
>>
what is love?
>>
>>60685206
>>>/a/
>>
Can I use a dab black epoxy to black out SMT LEDs on a PCB?
>>
Is there a way to display seconds in the timestamp of SMS messages in the default Android messaging app?
>>
whats a good mouse for under 50€
my SS Rival 100 is kinda broken, i was looking to buy mostly a Logitech G102 or maybe a low end Zowie
what are the best quality/price ratio mice for cheap?
>>
>>60685236
You could, but good luck if you ever need to see them for troubleshooting. Use something removable, such as electrical tape to cover them.
>>
is life worth living or should i blast myself
>>
>>60685181
I have an old Dell Inspiron 560 case and I want to reuse it for a sleeper build that I want to do one day. The case supports both Micro-ATX motherboards and ATX power supplies. Since it has a 9-pin front panel connector similar to what modern motherboards use, should I be fine as long as I know the pinouts and rearrange the wires?
>>
Hey guys, I'm the Anon from the last thread who was having issues with his video card. It turns out I corrupted the HDD. I went out and bought a new one and I was wondering if I could install both the HDD and the video card and there not being any discrepancies that would cause another hardware failure before I went ahead and did it.
>>
>>60685640
no
>>
>>60685640
Alright, thank you
>>
How does typeface licensing work?

Example, on windows my browser will render embedded helvetica on websites and in PDFs. But if I want to produce documents with it, I have to pay, pirate, or use Arial. Macfags get it for free. Is Apple paying royalties for every OSX machine sold?
>>
>>60685312
upgrade to Textra and swipe left for timestamps
>>
>>60685717
>Those permissions

I bet you use windows, too.
>>
how do i use 4chan archives to check if anyone replied to my post in the last thread?
>>
File: raid_1000.png (22KB, 1593x721px) Image search: [Google]
raid_1000.png
22KB, 1593x721px
If the read/write speeds HDDs can typically do are less than the speeds most SATA ports can handle, why are there not RAID controllers that manage multiple drives and present them as one (logical) drive to the motherboard on a single SATA port to maximize performance?
>>
>>60685794
I'm still on marshmallow and I can turn off any permission, do you have an old phone or something? I allow it to access photos so I can send people pictures.
>>
>>60685929
pci has more bandwidth and GT
>>
How do I check what version of C++ the software we're designing is in at my job?
>>
>>60685882
On /g/'s catalog page open the archive.
Search for /sqt/
View the thread
Search for your question
See if anyone answered it.
>>
>>60685970
PCI is typically a limited resource, though, and it doesn't solve the issue of wasting bandwidth per SATA connection. If controllers were made downstream of SATA, you could have entire arrays taking up only one SATA port.
>>
>>60686071
>PCI is typically a limited resource
no
>>
>>60686099
CPUs have a limited number of lanes, that might be needed for GPUs or co-processors.
>>
>>60685181
How do I edit the color of the text on my menu bar in MATE.
>>
can the blackberry q10 hotspot? I'll be using my tmobile sim that had hotspot on my old phone
>>
File: bigclivedotcom.gif (1KB, 82x51px) Image search: [Google]
bigclivedotcom.gif
1KB, 82x51px
How fat must one be to identify as a bear?
>>
What's the mechanical keyboard thread on /g/? Can't seem to find it, and I've got a mechanical keyboard question.
>>
>>60686318
make one
check the archive for the latest OP and make one
>>
>>60686318
>>>/g/mkg/
>>
How can I boot into bios when USB keyboard doesn't work

I really need to boot into bios to install win 8.1 on a HDD

I would do it with my laptop but Microsoft won't let me install windows on an external drive because that's bad mkay
>>
File: 2017-05-31-222826_1280x800_scrot.png (116KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-31-222826_1280x800_scrot.png
116KB, 1280x800px
How do I remove this box from palemoon? It's not just a theming thing cause its there in other themes too.
>>
>>60686487
if your bios doesn't recognize usb keyboards then you need a modern motherboard.

alternatively, try different usb ports
>>
>>60686487
Use a different keyboard or try PS/2 if it's an older board. I hope you aren't thinking that your windows HDD is going to work properly on any computer besides the one you install it with.
>>
>>60685181
How do you browse /g/?
>browse the catalog of breads
>pick one that's interesting
>read a few posts
>hit reply
>Archived
>dammit
>>
where do i go for hackintosh support. literally anyone to talk to. i've never gotten help about any of this shit and it's taking me forever i just want to boot from a hdd.
>>
>>60686737

>hackintosh
>support

You really don't get how this works, do you?
>>
>>60686487
Install on a different machine
>Sysprep
Install drive in obnoxious machine
>>
>>60685353
you is smart
>>
>>60685181

What's the best Windows media player (replacement)?
>>
>>60686789
videos: mpc-hc or vlc
music: foobar or musicbee
>>
>>60686752
i just don't understand what my problem is. i'm stuck between booting from clover and installing the os. i'm like inches away.
>>
Is it retarded to still cling to Windows 7 for
>muh gaymes
considering even contemporary hardware is no longer supported? Should I just fall for the Windows 10 meme?
>>
>>60685181
why you haven't learned to code in pure Win32 yet?
>>
21.5" or 23.8" for 1080p at ~2.5 feet?
>>
where can i learn to use linux properly? ive been on mint from windows for just about a month and i get by just about fine but i use it like i did my windows install. i use practically only gui applications and any time i use my terminal its just copy pasting commands in which makes me feel like a retard.

i really enjoy the freedom and potential that i see (never used a unix-like os before) but the vast expanse of possibilities makes it very hard for me to start. i see the *fetch threads and desktop threads and it makes me want to understand my machine better so that i can do an arch install and rice my desktop but im struggling to do the customization i want on mint.
>>
File: SZPjHwz.jpg (302KB, 1560x2048px) Image search: [Google]
SZPjHwz.jpg
302KB, 1560x2048px
>>60687243
That struggle is precisely how you learn. Look up how to do what you struggle with. Everything you do will become just a bit easier, more instinctive as you develop keen senses and instincts. Keep putting one foot in front of the other with your eyes on the ground, and don't be afraid not to understand what you're typing at first. Yesterday's mysteries are today's masteries. Suddenly you will find yourself with a question that has no answer, but you'll figure it out yourself if you trust your instincts and go just a little crazy. Be sure to post the answer, that's where the footsteps you've been following came from. Then you'll wake up full of energy and ideas, ready to make the things the future generation will have to look up how to use. The results of your hard work and dedication will look like natural skill, but you'll have earned every single line of your success.
>>
>>60685091
Thanks for the responses lad
>>
>>60687243
If you're getting the work that you need to accomplish done, then you are using Linux properly. Don't fall for the idea than ricing the desktop, switching distributions, or using more terminal applications than GUI ones are signs of an advanced user.
That said, stop copy pasting commands and start researching them to see what they'll do and why before you use them. Grab an intro to shell programming, and look for ways to automate tasks that you do frequently. Having a task to accomplish and learning what's needed to finish it isn't as efficient as a planned out curriculum would be, but it can be done with what you already have, where you already are.
>>
How hard is it to get a software dev job with an EE degree (in the US if it matters)?
>>
>>60685181
My laptop's fan is making it's usual whirring noise at a higher frequency than normal. Should I be concerned?
>>
If i buy a vpn subscription from some vpn provider and then connect two computers in different cities, will they be able to communicate with each other as if they were on the same LAN?
>>
>>60687643
O I L
>>
>>60687643
Open it up, dedust it and check that nothing is blocking the fans. If the noise doesn't return to normal then the bearings are failing and the fan will die soon.
>>
>>60687696
>dedust
>not de dust 2
>>
where can I get a pi zero for 5 bucks?
>>
>>60687696
I am afraid it might be dying. It's an X220 and the hard drive fucked itself a couple months back so I guess it's getting on in years. I'll clean it out tomorrow and see if it sounds better. I appreciate the advice or I probably would have just left it!
>>
>>60686840
Either fall for the meme or swich to loonix. There's no reason to stay with 7 anymore.

>muh telemetry
If you are really worried about it then why do you trust 7?
>>
Trying to put 7 on my laptop, but it cant connect to the internet at all. Obviously it doesnt have any drivers installed yet, but i figured it would connect to the internet if i used an ethernet cable. Still doesnt work though. What am i missing
>>
Poorfag here, anyone know where I can find a cracked version of Adobe premier for [spoiler] Windows 10
>>
>>60687766
Network card doesn't drivers installed so you have no connectivity, get lan driver elsewhere and install it from a flash drive
>>
>>60687755
If the fan doesn't sound abnormal then it could just be working harder than usual. So either you got more stuff running in the background or your CPU temps are up due to expired thermal paste.

>>60687766
You need the driver for your motherboards integrated network card. Use another computer to download it and transfer it to your laptop via usb drive or w/e
>>
>>60687767
download trial and use painter's emulator
>>
>>60687799
>>60687831
>use another computer to dl the driver
I would but dells site assumes the compiter you are on is the one you need drivers for. I cant find a way to just get the driver so i can put it on a flash drive . I have to DL their driver checker which decides what drivers to dl.
>>
>>60687852
Open your laptop support page and search harder
>>
File: IMG_1273.jpg (799KB, 1482x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1273.jpg
799KB, 1482x3000px
How do I destroy a graphics card without intentional damage being obvious?

I have a broken card, but the store is so shitty their RMA process is literally to turn it on and see if it'll post, then they'll tell you "it works just fine dude xd". I need to kill that shit dead so it wont display anything or work at all. I've tried overheating it, ramping up stupid overclocks, and trying to short it out to the point where sparks were flying off it, but it still wont die.

Is static a good option?
>>
>trying to install Wangblows to a computer the past day
>W7 and W8
>both wind up with "missing device drivers" in installation
>have changed AHCI to IDE, which obviously didn't do shit
>have put the SATA drivers on the usb itself and loaded them, still got prompted the same message after selecting them
>have put the USB into multiple different slots, yes, non 3.0
>have verified my ISOs are not corrupt in anyway
>have also used multiple programs to copy the ISO

what the fuck could be the issue here
>>
>>60687945idk what ur problem is bro it works just fine :p
>>
File: IMG_1097.jpg (36KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1097.jpg
36KB, 467x700px
>>60688013
I've sent away 100% dead components to them before and got the "bro, its all good my friend :^)" treatment, I need this garbage to die fast.
>>
>>60687945
just dunk it in water and let it dry.
>>
>>60688056
Meme or no? Doesn't it leave deposits when it evaporates?
>>
I want to learn a non programming language for fun, what is a recommended language for a programmer?

Russian, Chinese, Japanese, etc?

Which one?
>>
What's the best budget-oriented laptop that I can install OSX on? Preferably something that's NOT a second-hand or old MacBook. I'm looking in the 200-400 USD range.
>>
>>60688159
you are getting memed
>>
>>60688166
Япoнcкий, дecy
>>
>>60688166
russian if you want to do shady things
chinese if you want to make money the legit way
>>
Should i disable font smoothing?
>>
How do I up the sensitivity of the trackpoint on my T470 in kubuntu? changing the mouse and trackpad sensitivity doesnt affect it at all. How to make the nipple faster?
>>
>>60688348

Explain more pls.
>>
Does /diy/ have the best moderation on this site?
>>
>>60688166
>for a programmer

Chinese is a pretty logical language IMO, and it has puzzle-like qualities to it. When you've learned 100+ characters you can get a decent grasp of the language, and it becomes like a puzzle.

That being said, I think you're starting off with the wrong question. What relevance does being a programmer have? Do you want a job overseas or something, or just to put bilingual on a resume?

I personally think looking at picking up a language from a practical/economic/etc perspective is a bad idea. You should a learn a language of a culture, history, whatever, that interests you. If you like Russian literature for example, then you should learn Russian so you can read the source material without translations. If you like gook cartoons, you should learn Japanese. If you like Chinese history, then learn Chinese.

Choosing a language based on that kind of criteria is essential, because it is more likely to keep your interest in learning the language, and you should always have materials you're interested in to practice with. I took two years of Mandarin in college, but in retrospect, I wish I had learned either German or Russian, because I have interest in WW2 and that would have allowed me to read primary sources. With Mandarin I just stagnated because nothing really captivated me all that much to stick with it.
>>
File: xfkxpH9.jpg (69KB, 1325x388px) Image search: [Google]
xfkxpH9.jpg
69KB, 1325x388px
>>60688166
>>60688348
Have a read https://imgur.com/a/aSFTC#xfkxpH9
>>
I'm working with a microsoft sql server.
I want to create a user that can only select items from a table, but not alter or remove data from the table.

How do i do this?
>>
>>60688348
>Russian = shady
>Chinese = legit business
how delusional
>>
>>60688011
http://pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Change back to AHCI, and delete any existing partitions on the drive.
>>
Can I use a VPN just for torrenting while I use "normal internet" for other stuff?

Also does 4chan work well with VPNs?
>>
>>60687495
that was beautiful man
>>
>>60689094
Thanks mate, I don't have a Skylake, but that USB tool is provided just the same for my motherboard, so I'm going to try this anyway.
>>
what's the best rom for a Kindle fire HD 8.9"?
>>
>>60685530
I wish that was stadardized at this point. If the conector match with the mobo at his propose you should be fine otherwise it sounds like a test.
>>
File: 800px-Bitcoin_logo.svg.png (25KB, 800x167px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Bitcoin_logo.svg.png
25KB, 800x167px
Can I get a quick summary on Bitcoin?

How does it work?

Is it "real" currency?

etc
>>
are there any emulators that compile or link their game roms to different architecture instructions to run faster rather than interpreting them at runtime?
>>
Taking photos at a smaller resolution will make them look better?

My phone supports 720p@30FPS, will i be able to film at 60FPS at 480p?
>>
>>60689397
You solve math equations or do heavy math shit for people/companies.
You get paid.
If you do it in group you do it faster.

Thats it.
>>
>>60689549
You described just the mining aspect of it
>>
>>60689397
there are literally a million articles on this. just use google you fuckwad.
>>
>>60689549
If someone who had no idea about bitcoin asked you for a summary on what it is and how it works, how would you respond?

Or is there a website that already has this information in brief detail? is the Wikipedia article accurate enough?
>>
>don't ask stupid questions in the official stupid questions thread
>>
>>60689590
at least make an EFFORT to google before asking in the thread.

It's really easy to find a basic primer on bitcoin.
>>
I can't access wikipedia or yahoo.com anymore, but can access wikipedia through a free proxy. i need to get into my email but it won't work for yahoo. i live in ireland not china. what the hell is going on.
>>
Command prompt keeps appearing for a split second every hour or so.

It's driving me crazy. How do I find out what's causing this and how to get rid of it?
>>
File: 8dd.png (61KB, 501x684px) Image search: [Google]
8dd.png
61KB, 501x684px
>>60689630

>>60689638
that actually sounds like shitty virus behavior. If the creator didn't shut off hiding the command prompt when executing code. Pretty garbage.
>>
>>60689645
If I just run Malwarebytes, will it go away?
>>
Ok, so I know that if wifi network is unsecured, someone could intercept the traffic and snoop out on you.

But what if the network is secured, and the person knows the network passcode, can they still snoop on people within the network?
How related is the passcode to actual encryption?
>>
>>60689654
Malwarebytes for malware drweb cureit for viruses
>>
>>60689661
The passcode just restricts access to the network.

If you are browsing a website over https, then data you send over that will be encrypted because of the protocol.

Secured network does not guarantee encryption though.

>>60689654
don't know enough about AV software, sorry.
>>
>>60689670
This here? https://free.drweb.com/download+cureit+free/?lng=en

Should I uninstall Avira and install this instead?
>>
>>60689630
>>60689645
but i run linux mint. i do run sketchy software from torrent sites tho.
>>
>>60689675
>>60689661
I should also clarify something else. They will be able to see what websites you visit even when using HTTPS. It's a very similar story for SFTP compared to FTP.

With tor, they could tell you are using tor (if they really cared) but they can't tell where you are going.

The only encryption that actually happens is that the passcode for your router gets hashed. That's about it.

>>60689683
Then don't call it command prompt you dufus. You should probably check to see if you're running any processes that are out of the ordinary.
>>
>>60689679
it's portable, it doesn't require installation
>>
>>60689579
> telling someone to use google in a /sqt/
BTFO
>>
>>60690038
>feeling entitled to an answer
get out
>>
>>60690038
the sweet spot for /sqt/ are questions that are too general or not easily answered by a search (the user doesn't even know what to search for)

It's REALLY easy to google that question.
>>
>>60690062
Virgin.
>>
>>60690070
i literally just got fucked in the ass
sorry anon
>>
HE DIDN'T DENY IT!
>>
>>60685181
is buying second hand monitors a good idea? the deals i can find on my local online marketplace are pretty decent
>>
>>60686225
ask
>>>/fit/
or, you'll probably get more answers
>>>/hm/
>>
>>60690084
yes. i used 2 second hand monitors for years without issue. sold them when i got fed up of non 16:9 aspect.
>>
oh shit, reposting on the right thread.

I'm feeling I'm gonna fail data structure in my university because the good professor got sick for two months and was replaced with a dipshit, already went down in flames over the first exam. There are two left and an essay.

Is there any material you guys recommend so I could salvage this class? I was able to figure out on my own the fundamentals and aced my failed exam.

The last professor was using java and focusing less on codemonkey stuff and more on the theory and how algorithms works and this one is trying to shove C down our throats on pointless implementation classes and can't quite explain how things like linked lists works and doesn't really want to.
>>
File: shared_hosting.jpg (60KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
shared_hosting.jpg
60KB, 1200x630px
>>60685181

I want to launch a website with both cached and uncachable content (user panel), but I am afraid of getting raped by first wave traffic, being that I can only afford 30$ per month at max. My only option would be some kind of really good shared/clustered hosting plan, that can handle spikes and or high traffic and doesn't charge me a liver for some random number going empty. (bandwidth, cpu usage, ..) The best I could find was mediatemple so far, since they allow for automatic scaling if I get hit by the wave, but they charge huge amounts of money after running out of "GPU", so thats not an option.

tl;dr: want to launch website, afraid of "hug of death" / first wave spike traffic - what could I get for 30$/month that doesn't charge overtop, is preferably unmetered and doesn't have a 400 years contract?
>>
Cool, thanks. Gives me a lot more options
>>
Will the new SLI HB Bridges work on older cards? Not expecting to gain anything, but the bridge on my 770s died and I plan on eventually upgrading anyway.
>>
File: Untitled.png (18KB, 458x399px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18KB, 458x399px
I'm installing linux (arch) on my desktop PC but I still need windows for Photoshop, Illustrator and AE. I can't decide between dual booting or setting up a virtual machine on linux. Is there a noticeable performance drop when using VM + Win 8.1? My PC isn't the best, pic related
>>
What's the best way to plug a SATA drive into an IDE interface? I need to use this specific piece of hardware and IDE is all it has.
>>
>>60685206
/d/

>>60690139
Instead of trying to solve everything server side, consider using a CDN proxy service such as cloudflare.

>>60690084
Yes.

>>60689538
Depends what you're going for. 480p60 will look smoother for motion, but shittier for more static scenes.

>>60689509
Yes, it's called using Dynamic Recompilation, most emulators for recentish systems will do it in real time.

>>60689206
You can if your torrent software supports it. Most known VPNs have IP range bans or otherwise general permanent bans on 4chan, if you buy the pass you might be able to still use it, but don't count on it.

>>60688828
Create new login, give it db_datareader role.

>>60688373
You can do it by echoing the new values you want into /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/ or set a udev rule to do it automatically https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/6ab7lb/ama_t470_ive_had_the_t470_for_2_weeks_ama/dhdin0q/

>>60688370
Probably not.

>>60688306
used EliteBook/ProBook series machine are pretty well supported for hackintoshing and pretty nice machines in general.
>>
>>60690392
I have cloudflare in place already, still if I run loader.io to test some wave, even with a XEON-D CPU it just loses it at 50% failrate.
>>
I was using an old computer as a server and my one of the hard drive died. I had another one but same thing, it is dying slowly.
The case is shit and I want to replace it and since I got the money I was considering buying a brand new server.
My goals are to have something :
>silent
>not consuming much energy while idle
>not expansive

I do not need a powerful CPU, I'll just use it as a backup system for me and for some friends. I'll have SSH and FTP on it.
I might host a mumble server for 15 people max (usually we are 5 to 10 people using it)
I might also set up a small web server for test purpose (I got a few friends that liked being able to ssh to my server, install and test some new shit, or just be able to host a website for a school project).
Since all my music will be on this server I might also use it to stream to my devices, and might permit some friends to do so.

What kind of CPU should I look at ? Is a pentium G4560 is enough ? Or maybe something even cheaper.
For the case, should I go with a small case (micro atx) or a big case is necessary ?
>>
>>60685206
Oh baby don't hurt me
>>
When I tried to change DNS at my computer when connecting to certain wifi, but I couldn't connect to internet. When I searched on the internet, it said that you can prevent someone from accessing DNS other than default with using DHCP, VLAN and stuff. The problem is if I changed the DNS from the router, it would connect the internet.
What I want to ask is, is their prevention for not allowing people to connect with other DNS using something that I found? (DHCP, VLAN and stuff)
>>
Can you get a malware or a virus from clicking a link? Without downloading anything. What about your data? Can it be stolen that way?
>>
>>60690285
You can't say you installed linux on a VM and then start saying how shit it is, because for sure it won't perform as good as a clean install.
I don't get the point of a VM for that since you do the same shit on linux and windows and since you're already using an OS, why you should bother with the VM ?

I guess you can try and see if you like using linux this way

>>60690109
>this one is trying to shove C down our throats on pointless implementation classes and can't quite explain how things like linked lists works and doesn't really want to.
seems like you are having some basic courses on data structure. Googling about linked list should give you a fuckton of informations about how it works.

>>60689661
If someone get into the network, he can still perform a man in the middle attack and get some data. If the websites you are browsing are using https, it should be good for you.

>>60689590
Stupid Question Thread was created after Dwifht on the office, that often said "I got a stupid question" and asked something that was actually smart.
This thread isn't supposed to answer stupid questions that can be googled in 2 seconds.
see >>60689397
he could just read the fucking wikipedia page and got all its response.
this guy >>60688370 is just retarded and beyond hope
>>
>>60688166
Learn french. You'll probably end with a syntax, grammar, conjugation or whatever error every two sentences.
It should give you the same feeling when programming something
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495447004674.jpg (44KB, 720x566px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495447004674.jpg
44KB, 720x566px
From time to time I notice window quickly appearing and disappearing on my windows 10 machine. How could I somehow catch it, so I could look at what process is causing it to occasionally flicker?
>>
>>60690632
set up that hotkey combination that instantly blue screens your machine and dumps the ram (look it up its real, gotta do some registry shit and the hotkey is super arcane)

then, the second you see the CMD window crash the PC. analyse memdump. find process.
>>
Is Mitchell Pearce elite?
>>
>>60690756
>>60690632
The hotkey is hold right ctrl and press scroll lock twice. Google search with "ctrl scroll lock blue screen" should tell you which registry key to add and where.
>>
>>60690568
Yes. If your browser or it's plugin has a security hole attackers can use it to infect your computer. It doesn't even have to be a shady site; even a respected page can have a third party attacker such as a malicious advertisement.

Keep your browser updated, uninstall plugins such as flash player if you don't need it and consider installing noscript in addition to an ad blocker.
>>
>>60690418
For those goals I'd go Atom based Pentium/Celeron or AM1 Athlon platform. Very low idle power, can be passively cooled, not unreasonably slow.
>>
File: concept.png (38KB, 2097x686px) Image search: [Google]
concept.png
38KB, 2097x686px
I'm building an equalizer and am too lazy to build separate filter sections for the left and right channels so I want to know if I can alternately pass them through a bandpass filter by switching them one at at time with MOSFETs with a high switching frequency way above the audio range. Like 100kHz or higher. Then on the output I low pass filter the whole thing to remove the high frequency switching transients. I do have the LPF in the wrong place on the diagram, there should be two and they should be after the L out and R out MOSFETs but you get the general idea.
>>
>>60691077
audio circuitry may as well be fucking magic. the people who make livings off this shit operate on a higher plane of thought than regular people
>>
What causes my games to microstutter?

New games like Doom or Rise of Tomb raider or Prey work fine for few minutes then framerate becomes choppy. It's not so severe in some games, but in Doom it becomes extremely apparent. Lowering the windows or switching tabs to task manager and then back to the game makes it run smoothly again, but it lasts less time. The temperatures seem fine too.
>>
>>60691098
No RF and millimeter wave circuitry is fucking black magic.
>>
>>60690756
>>60690826

It happens way too fast, tried screenshooting it with no luck
>>
I have a tp-link Model No. TD-W8970
its alright but it only supports ntfs and fat32 for mounted hard drrives. Is there like a firmware or something i can put it on to support ext4 and exfat? and to get other features?
>>
File: 61ib--dAF-L._SL1300_[1].jpg (71KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
61ib--dAF-L._SL1300_[1].jpg
71KB, 1300x1300px
I got this today to keep a 2.5" hard drive in
What's the bit of foam for?
>>
>>60691374
you put it in to stop it moving around inside
>>
>>60691384
Do you place it or are you supposed to stick it in?
Also any idea why when it's connected, I can hear it whirring but Windows doesn't show it in my devices?
>>
>>60691425
thats because you need to format it first win+r < control < disk utility
>>
>>60691450
GPT or MBR?
Thanks for the help btw
>>
i asked this on /tpg/ but here we go again:
i have an old thinkpad t41, just installed devuan on it, but wifi isnt working, any idea how to fix it? Thanks.
>>
>>60691529
Follow one of various wiki's detailing how to get wifi working
>>
>>60691515
whatever is suited to your needs, mbr probs if you dont know. format to fat32 or ntfs
>>
>>60685181
My computer just overheated for the fist time today. I haven't noticed any problems with my CPU or my Graphics Card, but would there be anyway that I could test to make sure there isn't any damage?
>>
>>60691633
theres no damage, it didnt overheat, it shut down to prevent overheating. Clean your pc out perhaps
>>
>>60691660
Will do, thanks for the help m8 I was worried there for a second.
>>
>>60685206
whatis love
love (1) - 2D game development framework
>>
So I'm preloading Tekken 7 on steam and the game is coming out in the next few hours so I won't be able to finish the preload. If I continue to let the preload run will it download like normal?
>>
>>60691735
doesnt preload just have a timer? youll be fine. How big is the dl?
>>
>>60685181
What does the "(3)" mean in "fopen(3)"?
>>
>>60691829
Manual section 3.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/3586/what-do-the-numbers-in-a-man-page-mean
>>
>>60691748
36.5Gb
>>
>>60691660
>>60691670
I think I found out what the problem was. Apparently Malwarebytes was running a process that was taking up 70% of my CPU usage.
>>
>>60691953
malwarebytes will do that during cleans, but your cpu shouldnt kill itself. laptop or desktop?
>>
File: flash.png (171KB, 1044x1043px) Image search: [Google]
flash.png
171KB, 1044x1043px
Is there any way of having Flash use a proxy server/VPN? Even though a PC and browser might be using them, Flash doesn't.
>>
>>60691973
Desktop
>>
I'm going on an interview for a position as an SQL developer next week and I've never done any SQL before. Any tips?
>>
>>60685181
What is the best CR scraper for linux?
>>
File: wpsuper21.jpg (29KB, 711x256px) Image search: [Google]
wpsuper21.jpg
29KB, 711x256px
>>60690408
>>60690139
Bump
>>
So what are the odds of M$ applying this technology to their operating system itself and not just (((Cloud™))) nonsense?
>>
I want to make a gay video tutorial using linux how do I record my screen and my voice simultaneously?
>>
>>60692777
Trips of the amateur. Record the screen first, then voice over it later.
>>
File: 81gDIFhISiL._SL1500_.jpg (156KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81gDIFhISiL._SL1500_.jpg
156KB, 1500x1500px
Will I have problems with something like this if I have memeory foam pads?
>>
>>60692913
It's a pretty long thing and it would be easier if I could record both together.
>>
>>60691976
uninstall flash. is a botnet
>>
File: mental illness.png (478KB, 1336x1365px) Image search: [Google]
mental illness.png
478KB, 1336x1365px
>>60692943
Yeah, they'll mold to the sides of it. It's also really hard to get tighter headphones off of them. Just get a hook hanger.
>>
what's the best version of adobe photoshop
>>
Is there an easy way to get multiple DS4 controllers working on PC that isn't over USB? I have the official adapter, but that only works with one controller at once. I can connect it over a generic Bluetooth adapter, but using more than one gamepad per adapter results in random lag.
We tried playing with one on the official adapter and one on USB, which worked (except somehow the wireless one didn't work for the right horizontal analog stick). Sorry for reposting but there's no good info about it I can find
>>
File: 1405061320781.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1405061320781.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
what's the fuckin diff between ISDN and DSL ?
>>
File: 1494095959002-int.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1494095959002-int.png
29KB, 741x568px
Is there any way to run Snapchat on android without Google App Services?
>>
Trying to get Manjaro Linux installed as a VirtualBox guest (Win 7 host). I go through the install process, reboot, notice the "failed to start Load Kernel Modules" message on boot, get dropped to a blinking cursor and nothing further happens. I've looked on the Manjaro forums, and everyone else seems to think systemd is trying to load VirtualBox drivers that aren't there, and somehow they're able to run commands while I'm not even getting a prompt. Anyone got ideas as to how I can fix this, 'cause I'm out of ideas?
>>
>>60685181
What's a good laser printer?

Was thinking about getting one since ink 2pricy
>>
Is there any conceivable way to run a "Windows installer" in a Linux host, onto a /dev/disk through Linux? I.E. not booting a Windows installer ISO but installing it through Linux
>>
How much different would an unbranded Chinese tempered glass protector be from a branded one that could be bought domestically? The specs appear to be the same as any other. It is just less expensive and from China.

>>60694011
I don't think so. Linux cannot open executables (.exe.) The only way would be to install using VM software inside Linux and setting the VM drive to which ever /dev/disk you wanted the os to sit - but the os would need to be ran from linux using the VM.
>>
>>60694057
>Linux cannot open executables (.exe.)
Wine sure the fuck can you lying inbreed
>>
How can I flash coreboot?
>>
File: 1494310085562.jpg (150KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494310085562.jpg
150KB, 720x960px
>>60694076
Yes, wine can but Linux cannot do it natively. Now try and use Wine to install Windows and see how far you get to actually booting into it.

>SQT
>Stupd Questions Thread
>Not Stupid Replies Thread
>>
>>60694057
Right, thanks I guess. I've just been having a shitton of miscellaneous, arbitrary issues (looking them up in Google, making progress, hitting another bump, repeat) while installing Win7 with a LEGITIMATE disk dd'd to a usb to boot the installer. It first didn't recognize the disks at all. I patched in some drivers, it recognizes the disks, but it doesn't 'correctly set' the boot sector, somehow.

The drive is a WD Blue, SSD, 250GB. There is no reason for this to be happening - aside from maybe my motherboard, which is an MSI b150i.
>>
i think i broke my cpu.
i have a i5-3570k.
they are notorious for running on the hotter side.
im using the stock cooler and did not overclock. ive had this cpu since its been released. but lately when i hit above 80°C my pc just bluescreens and turns off.
i keep my system clean, canned air cleaning every other month and reapply thermal paste once a year.
the 3570k is designed to run at a max of 105°C though before it shuts itself off.
i think it might be damaged or just finally dying.
should i get a new cpu? if so what should i get? i had phenom 2 x6 before i got this one. ideallly i want a cpu with the same socket so i dont have to buy a new motherboard.
>>
>>60694295
I mean... that could just be Windows being a piece of shit. I'd try this, though? Maybe.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool
>>
>>60694318
well the issue is.
it hits 80*c when not even 30% of it is used.
ill try out the tool but i really think it might be internally borked.
>>
>>60694338
should mention the usage percentage and when it overheats are completely random.
sometimes even when i use 80% of my cpu i wont even hit 70°C.
its like overheating roulette.
>>
>>60685181
How do I listen to Pandora from EU? I don't want to use Hola because it has a shit reputation for a reason what other alternatives are there?
>>
My Z270 mobo's RAM slots appear to be one color. How to dual channel here?
>>
File: 1421860894990.jpg (50KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
1421860894990.jpg
50KB, 461x523px
Why does my Computer not switch off, at all?
When pressing shut down from the Windows taskbar, the screen goes dim for a second, then it returns without anything changed

Only holding the power button seems to do the trick. Any tips? Ideas? plz
>>
File: 2017-06-01 19-56-01--.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-01 19-56-01--.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
how do you explain this?
>>
>>60694441
Windows 10 btw
>>
>>60694318
alrighty i ran the tool.
from a featureset point of view everything is fine.
all the tests passed.
when it came to cpu load it failed after 5 minutes of 100% cpu load when the diagnostics tool warned me that it exceeded 1 degree above max temperature.
im assumeing my cooler is malfunctioning and my cpu is fine.
>>
>>60694187
Try finding software that will turn the iso into the bootable usb instead of using the dd command. Even if your have to port those drivers into the usb afterwards, it might work who knows. I'd give it a try.
>>
>>60694446
Wildcard isn't supported. Just search ".mp3"
>>
>>60690580
>this guy >>60688370(You) is just retarded and beyond hope
Why? i just like how it looks with it disabled.
>>
>>60694551
>Wildcard isn't supported

works for all other files. and .mp3 is the same result.
>>
I need help.
I have an old thinkpad t41, i managed to install devuan without problems, now im trying to set up my wifi drivers because them are non-free.
I managed to figure out that i need the ipw2100 but i dont know what to do next. any help? thanks.
>>
>>60691077
The LPF in the middle will remove all the 100kHz + component in your signal that represents the left/right split, you'll end up with mono out.
>>
>>60694187
DD doesn't work with windows .isos, they don't have the sector 0 bootloader.
>>
File: 1438301707880.png (610KB, 1080x624px) Image search: [Google]
1438301707880.png
610KB, 1080x624px
>>60694441
>>60694457
Upon further inspection, it seems like it quick restarts every time you press shutdown
>>
>>60694683
Devuan is a fork of debian, so this would probably work https://wiki.debian.org/ipw2200
>>
>>60694722
fug
alright, thanks, will do it correctly this time
>>
So internet stopped working in my house but obly Ethernet. It says "ethernet has no valid IP cobfiguration". Has been working fine till now and we still have wi-fi. We all use PLC here and we tried re-making the net but it's no use. Any ideas?
>>
hey did scrot remove the -u flag???
literally yesterday i could do -u or --focused to snap the focused window only but not today

????
where can i see dev notes on scrot
>>
File: help.png (68KB, 3138x258px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
68KB, 3138x258px
How can I format this PS4 drive to use with Windows?
>>
>>60695775
Get rid of all that shit and format it ntfs
>>
>>60695797
Thanks
>>
>>60695821
Is Sabayon auto-optimized for the hardware like Gentoo? or should i go full Gentoo if i want the software to be optimized for the hardware?
>>
>>60696281
Your (((optimization))) will next less then 1% (((performance))) (((gains))). Also know as a meme
>>
>>60691374
it's goes on it like a sandwich to keep it from jostling
>>
>>60696594
Is it safe to just keep it in there any time?
>>
>>60696636
all the time*
>>
>>60696636
>>60696653
yeah why not
>>
>>60690423
no more
>>
Does Gentoo worth the pain? it gives any advantage over other distros?
>>
>>60696713
no
>>
File: screenfetch.png (35KB, 644x247px) Image search: [Google]
screenfetch.png
35KB, 644x247px
Am I using the optimal driver for my dinky iGPU?
>>
>>60685181
Hi, i'm wondering what I should do to fix this dilemma. I'm dualbooting and all my music is on the windows partition but I want to listen to it on Linux without having to copy it over, should I make a blank partition and put it there? File Managers don't allow mounting the partition from i3wm.
>>
>>60686513
you don't thats a fallback firefox button (not box). I believe there's a thread somewhere that solved this but you should google it.
>>
>>60687243
learn by usage. Don't copy and paste the commands, type them in yourself so you'll start using muscle memory
>>
>>60696713
If you're running on very limited hardware, such as a custom SBC, the ability to build only what you must have exactly for that hardware would be worthwhile. Otherwise, I look at it and Linux from Scratch as things people should do once for the experience, rather than use as an every day platform.
>>
>>60687621
Pls respond
>>
>>60695141
Are you perhaps on Arch or an Arch-based distro? Seems like the package was upgraded yesterday after almost three years of being left untouched. For some reason the new package doesn't contain the patches implemented by the Debian developers over the years.

From my testing it looks like the included tar.gz with the patches isn't being extracted properly. I'll dig around a bit and try to report this to the maintainer in a moment. In the meantime you could roll back to scrot 0.8-13.
>>
>>60697101
oh that did it thanks my man
>>
>>60693690 here.
Jesus Christ, the #Manjaro IRC channel is fucking dead. Um, can anyone here help me figure this problem out, please?
>>
What's the best way to read ebooks on an Android tablet? On my desktop I have them all organized into libraries using Calibre, and I'd like to retain that organization on the tablet.
Mostly PDFs but if there's an app that can do more than PDF's that'd be cool too for the future.
>>
I'm picking up a new monitor today. I've narrowed it down to two choices.
>ASUS PB277Q
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236616&cm_re=Pb278q-_-24-236-616-_-Product
Its 27inch, 1440p, has a PLS panel, built in speakers and a better stand. It's about 90$ cheaper than the other option ($369 CAD)
>LG 27UD58
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=Lg+27ud58&N=-1&isNodeId=1
27inch, UHD, has an IPS panel, however has no built in speakers and a shitty stand, it is VESA mount compatible though. However it's more expensive ($449 CAD)

I'm pretty stuck, I don't do much gaming but I do play some on the side, and my graphics card can only handle 1440p or lower. I've heard the difference between 4k and 1440p isn't very noticeable, and that 27inch is perfect for 1440p.
>>
I have a Belkin F5D750 USB dongle, is there any way to make this into an access point that uses WEP?
>>
>>60697197
No wonder it's dead. The Manjaro dev team is all based in Europe, so they're heading to bed soon.
>>
What's a good HDMI switch for less than $20?

I had a cheap Chinese one before but it kept cutting out.

I need at least 3 inputs.
>>
>>60697637
Ok I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049SCB2Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>>
Might be the stupidest question asked here, but when connecting my monitor to the tower am I supposed to connect the VGA DVI and HDMI cables all together or do I only need one connected?
>>
>>60698123
Just one broski
>>
File: 58b.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
58b.png
175KB, 600x600px
>>60685181
Is 100mb/s enough for a website server? if yes, for how much approx.?
>>
>>60698145
Never knew that, had all three connected for the longest time and it worked just fine. I was asking because I just got my computer back from a pc repair shop since the motherboard died, and now the monitor won't display for some reason, but it has power.
>>
>>60698200
for how much users is it good for*
>>
File: 20170531_203315.jpg (834KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
20170531_203315.jpg
834KB, 1000x1333px
My tablet's (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 ed.) battery up n died on me so I got a replacement.

It works well enough, but the wires between the batteries and the connector are just the tiniest bit too long to fit in the allotted space. The old battery had slightly shorter wires (like a half inch) and fit in just fine, but the new wires are just a little too long. They are forced to bend in an S shape in order to even kind of fit and when they are bent at such sharp angles, they don't seem to keep a connection between the battery and the board. If I place manual pressure on the wires and connector so as to keep the wires in order, the tablet will stay on, but if the wires are let loose it shuts off. I've tried arranging the wires in a couple different configurations, but they always leave at least one wire at too sharp and angle to stay connected and prevents it form working.

Is it possible the bends in the wire are so sharp as to prevent the juice from flowing from the battery? Is there a better way to manage the wires so they will fit in the space provided? Do I have to cut the wires, shorten them by a half inch and reconnect them all? Can they be yanked out of the connector, trimmed and then reinserted?
>>
>>60696675
ta
>>
File: 20170531_203309.jpg (850KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
20170531_203309.jpg
850KB, 1000x1333px
>>60698225
Another view of the wires.
>>
>>60698225
so long as the wires aren't going to rub or get pinched it's fine
>>
What's a good RSS feed software for private trackers and general?
>>
File: 20170531_203339.jpg (741KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170531_203339.jpg
741KB, 1200x900px
>>60698245
>>60698225
Comparison with the old battery, note how much closer the new battery is to the connector, the wires are folded upwards at a sharp angle to attempt to fit in the space.
>>
>>60698283
>get pinched

I think that's whats happening. Have any ideas on how to avoid it while making everything fit?
>>
I have a problem, i installed Devuan in my Thinkpad T41 and got no wifi.
i managed to find download and install the ipw2100 driver. but the wifi doest work yet.
What can i do to fix it? Thanks for any reply.
>>
Going back to uTorrent, since it seems it's the only thing Taiga supports.
What is the lowest version that supports magnet links? I was thinking about going lower than 2.2.1 but I need magnet support.
>>
File: Capture.png (16KB, 143x248px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 143x248px
>>60698325
only good way is to do it right, snip and strip them
do this as best you can and wrap each wire
there isn't much wire to work with and it's not exactly a highly stressed connection so don't worry about getting a perfect mechanical solder
just so long as it makes a solid connection
>>
File: cover.jpg (234KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
234KB, 500x452px
Right now am trying to get the OST of western games and all I know how to find are weeb music releases. Where should I turn to to find Doom 2016's OST and not get ransomware/malware/viruses?

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this.
>>
>>60698391
I was afraid of this.

I don't have any great tools for stripping such tiny wires without breaking them, and I can;t afford to buy any right now, and tips on household stuff I can use to make this work?

I have standard tools, just nothing teeny tiny to work in computer wiring.
>>
How do I use captcha with qutebrowser?
>>
>>60698429
use qbitorrents search function
>>
File: 1496353791515.jpg (52KB, 540x437px) Image search: [Google]
1496353791515.jpg
52KB, 540x437px
Whats the most trusted place to download paid android apps?
>>
>>60698482
When using the webengine backend it should work automatically. With webkit you can make the captchas work by setting your user-agent to "Chrome".
>>
>>60698474
I wouldn't start cutting the wires too lightly. Seems like the connector snaps to the socket from above, right? Is there really no way (tape or a tiny drop of glue) so that you could make the connector stay level?
>>
>>60698566
How do I do that? I've not looked into much related to web browsers.
>>
I've never used Plex.

As I understand it, it will use filenames and shit to automatically fill in metadata from IMDB and other websites like that for display in it's library.

Is it paranoid to be worried about this feature? I want to use it (just locally not for streaming from remote locations), and that feature would be nice, but I don't like that it's publicly searching for stuff that I'm obviously not supposed to have.
>>
>>60698600
I would like to avoid cutting wires if I can avoid it. They connector is sitting fine in it's socket, it's just that the wires get kinked up and don;t allow the electricity to flow through the connection. I haven't found a way to tape it so it maintains enough strength to keep the wires from bending out of place and disrupting the connection.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170601-230022.png (301KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170601-230022.png
301KB, 1080x1920px
Every single day this pops up for some reason even though I'm connected to the internet. It comes every damn second.

Its been happening for months, I have an S7. How do I fix this pop up?
>>
>>60698509
The google play store.
I know most people disagree with the genocide google wants to inflict on humanity but so far, they are just moving the guns in place and use the network to spread propaganda.
>>
>>60698645
You can start qutebrowser using the webengine backend from the terminal like so:
qutebrowser --backend webengine

While using the default backend (webkit) you can change the user-agent from the qute://settings page.
>>
What are the requirements to put a router in bridge mode?
>>
>>60698692
Yeah, I don't think electricity works quite like that. It sounds like at least one of your wires/contact is broken at some point.
>>
>>60698705
Factory reset.
>>
File: Kirino 2012.png (217KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kirino 2012.png
217KB, 500x500px
This is not a stupid question but why do people buy Ryzen?
>>
>>60698883
Because it fits their needs.
>>
>>60698883
Same reason why people bought FX8k series.
Contrarian or just plain retarded.
Or used something multicore related and didn't gave a shit about efficiency at all.
>>
>>60698883
Are you looking for a review of the product or a psychological profile of the customers?
>>
>>60698847
The webUI's username and password.
>>
>>60698883
It's a good way to get the workstation type performance of a high end intel processor for much less. It's not the best at single core/gaming, but it's not bad.
>>
>>60698778
Thanks mate, that worked.
>>
I'm using umatrix to block ads but domain filtering isn't fine-grained enough. Can someone reccomend a decent firefox plugin that supports blocking by element and doesn't duplicate half of uMatrix's functionality so I can get rid of the dumb shit in pic related that's hosted locally?
>>
>>60699210
whoops
>>
>>60699026
I mean, that's obvious, i need to set it in bridge mode, but the second modem?
It needs a WAN port right?
>>
>>60699390
>Second modem
wew lad.
>>
>>60699417
Second router fuck, i need to sleep.

I have one of those shitty motorola/arris botnet surfboards and is limited as fuck, i cant change my IP with it and my ISP wants me to pay $25 more monthly to be able to do it when the old router they used was able to do it.
>>
just switched from a 5mbps dsl connection to 15mpbs cable internet. it's better in some aspects (download speed, not having a shit connection when other people in the house are streaming netflix etc) but it seems like it lags a lot more than the 5mbps connection did. like i'll start typing something and it'll take a few seconds to show up (happens on multiple computers in the house).

what's happening? is cable internet just worse for latency? is it because the new isp is based out of a town that's like an hour away and our last one was local?
>>
>>60699452
I'm not sure why changing your local IP is so important to you, but hear ya go

https://www.howtogeek.com/255206/how-use-your-router-and-isps-modemrouter-combo-in-tandem/
>>
>>60699474
>i'll start typing something and it'll take a few seconds to show up

What the hell are you typing in that would require a roundtrip to someone's server somewhere to end up back on your screen?
>>
File: cover.jpg (102KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
102KB, 600x620px
>>60698504
Thank you!
>>
>>60699474
Are you retarded? This is taking not understanding the difference between lag and framerate to a whole new level.

Your fucking 'typing' is slow? Like, in notepad? Where are you typing that the displaying text is reliant on your internet connection?

Ping the google server and tell us the latency.
>>
>>60699474
Sounds like with your newfound INCREDIBLE 15MBPS SPEED you and your family got careless and probably downloaded a boatload of viruses that infected the entire network. Well done, Anon.
>>
Holy shit I just threw away weeks of downloading 0-1 seeder torrents and want to say to someone how retarded I am.

>downloading random fucking JAV I saw a clip of once
>ripped all public torrents of it I could find.
>finally finishes after maybe a month of computer uptime
>immediately delete the other 0-48% torrents
>open the one that finished and realize it's watermarked

I am so fucking retarded, I just wanted to bang my head against the wall publicly for this shit.
>>
>>60699893
By "delete" by the way I mean qbittorrent's "Also delete all files on the hard disk" delete. Yes I was that retarded.
>>
>>60699920
To be honest I tried to readd the torrents but it won't let me. I assume since it bypassed the recycling bin it's not actually deleted, but moved to a temp folder until ccleaner runs.

How may I access it?
>>
I bought earphones with TRRS jack and plugged them into my laptop and they work but there's a static - what do?
>>
File: g39ddci-350.jpg (11KB, 350x266px) Image search: [Google]
g39ddci-350.jpg
11KB, 350x266px
Has anyone here ever done software defined radio? There's a small number of manufacturers who make "PCI ham radios" but there are also USB dongles that seem have all the same functions. Then there are also some guides on how to do it with almost any dedicated sound card. There doesn't seem to be any shortage of ways to do this so I want to know what your method is. And if you feel like explaining why you choose to do it that way, then I would love to hear it.
>>
>>60700026
If you're using a USB port near the jack you'll usually hear interference. Do you hear the static even if there aren't any ports used nearby?
>>
>>60700023
Search for the filename
>>
>>60700298
I googled "where does qbittorrent put deleted files" and found a reddit thread of someone in my situation, and a reply said "It erases directly without passing through the Recycle Bin." So I sound fucked several times over.

The "qBittorrent" folder in "Roaming" only has 9kb in files I found someone say is for changing torrent clients.

I just seem fucked. What's preventing me from readding the torrents is probably just the magnet link being written somewhere. Asked for help in /ptg/ >>60700119 (which thank fuck never bullied me for my being a pleb) and a single dude replied telling me I fucked and to use recovery software, which found 1mb in files. It's fucked...
>>
>>60696680
no more
>>
>>60699649
the internet
>>60699706
>framerate
lol and you're calling me retarded?
>Like, in notepad?
no stupid, like in the internet, which is what i'm talking about
>Where are you typing that the displaying text is reliant on your internet connection?
the browser window. this isn't the only way it lags, it's just one of the symptoms.
>Ping the google server and tell us the latency.
when i was on speedtest.net earlier it said my ping was 19ms
>>60699785
nope, just doing the same shit as before. did virus scan and ccleaner to see if it would find anything but it didnt
>>
I have some questions for you /g/.
1) does libreboot worth it?
2)can you install any distro on a librebooted computer?
3)can you install nonfree software on it?
4)do you prefer trisquel/parabola over gentoo? I mean on gentoo you can read the source code.
That's all for now.
>>
>>60700375
Yeah, you should just start over. Sounds like you need some better trackers.
>>
>>60699893
Responding to myself here.

I think I'm just gonna run ccleaner and restart my PC to add the torrents again. My own fault. At least this hopefully drills in that I should at least keep dupes until I need the space, or to check both for the superior version before deleting anything.

>>60700465
I just ripped everything of the name from nyaa cause I figured one would work eventually. It did, but wasn't good enough, evidently.
>>
>>60700479
Yeah dude, go sign up for some shit. At least shell out $10 for IPT or something.
>>
Can someone post that picture where the different linux distros tell a guy how to install their version and then Arch comes in and has like 4 panels all filled with it's bullshit?
>>
File: 1433225665351.png (871KB, 650x4377px) Image search: [Google]
1433225665351.png
871KB, 650x4377px
>>60700542
>>
>>60700640
Thanks senpai
>>
>>60685236
Yes, or just replace them with resistors.
>>
Which software can I use to control my fans
>>
File: pic related.png (19KB, 398x180px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.png
19KB, 398x180px
On win7, how do I change the 'edit' option in the right click menu to open images in paint.net instead of MS paint? I don't want to set it as the default program, as that should be an image viewer.
>>
I updated Waterfox and suddenly webms don't play properly. They'll either run for 2 seconds and then freeze, or not play at all with an error of 'mime type not supported'.
Haven't seen anyone else complaining about it and obviously can't find any fixes. Anyone know how I might fix it?

>>60700840
Speedfan.
>>
>>60687653
No subscription VPN providers isolate clients from each other for security reasons.
>>
>>60700896
Shellmenuview
>>
>>60700418
"the internet" doesn't require your keystrokes to go over the wire and come back to you before they show on your screen in your browser, which is why everyone's saying it's stupid to blame your connection. The only reason your keystrokes would lag in your browser due to your connection would be if some javascript in a badly written plugin or a particular website was intercepting it before it was displayed, which would be retarded. You have some other problem.
>>
>>60697359
Linux and HostAP
>>
File: 1473188039254.jpg (190KB, 1282x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473188039254.jpg
190KB, 1282x1080px
>>60701112
Thanks anon!
>>
>>60698200
What kind of content is it going to be serving, and to how many clients/users.
>>
File: compressed.jpg (130KB, 580x424px) Image search: [Google]
compressed.jpg
130KB, 580x424px
These boxes have been popping up on my computer for the past week and I don't know why.

Wat do?
>>
>>60701281
probably virus
>>
>>60698883
Because it's cheaper than then competition.
>>
>>60701281
You forgot to insert the last disk of the Mult-volume set and click OK to continue.
>>
>>60701281
Something is attempting to unzip a file and cannot find the rest of the set.

Sometimes when zipping a large amount of shit it will spread the archive over a few files, e.g. shit001.zip shit002.zip shit003.zip

You can't just open the first file, you need all three to actually open the archive.
>>
new thread?
>>
>>60701451
It's not on page 10 yet.
>>
I removed the menu bar at HexChat because I'm retarded. how do I get it back? I don't want to reinstall or whatever.
>>
>>60701444

If so, it would have been weeks ago, so i don't remember what volume it's asking for.

How can I figure that out now?
>>
>>60701539
Worst comes to worst, close hexchat then open your config file:
Windows: %APPDATA%\HexChat
Unix: ~/.config/hexchat
and change the gui_hide_menu option.
>>
>>60701693
I can't make it to show again, I changed from 0 to 1 but nothing. tried to /set gui_hide_menu off and nothing.
>>
>4 years old laptop
>dual gpu intel + amd
>amd one stops being detected one day
>try many amd drivers, none install
>refresh windows
>same story
>speccy doesn't detect it
>not on device manager
>not on gpu-z

Can a GPU just fucking die like that? I don't even move my laptop, ever.
>>
>>60701757
On my windows system, CTRL+F9 toggles the menu. You can also right-click in the main text area, pick view, then select menu bar.
>>
>>60701852
Ok, that worked better. I think I didn't saved/overwrite properly before, because on a second attemp it worked. I guess I'll use that Ctrl+F9 now. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: file.png (113KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
113KB, 600x960px
My mother's tablet charges slow, and it goes down quick, I checked battery usage and I'm seeing something strange, half of usage is missing, what could it be?
>>
Is uBlock Origin going to be available upon Firefox 57 release? Right now it's the only one of my extensions that doesn't say it will be supported by Firefox 57 on the install page.
>>
>>60702039
Would be massively surprised if uBlock is ever not compatible with FF stable
>>
File: 1464879616861.gif (99KB, 489x317px) Image search: [Google]
1464879616861.gif
99KB, 489x317px
Can I use a GeForce GTX 1050 with Windows Vista? Has anyone tried?

I know it isn't officially supported, but don't Windows 7 drivers usually work with Vista?
>>
>>60702098
What's your reason for still using Vista?
>Protip: It's not a good one.
>>
File: pornmdtrends.png (23KB, 359x497px) Image search: [Google]
pornmdtrends.png
23KB, 359x497px
Should I cop this Dell XPS 630i? I really just want it for mild Vidya games, and Browsing, I was thinking about building a pc but this seems like a good base and I can just upgrade components

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/sys/6156766721.html
>>
>>60702132
Despite the fact that it is irrelevant, because it can just be a technical curiosity, Vista with SP2 works very well and its interface is better than the one that comes with Windows 7 (or at least better for me), while still being modern enough (it fully supports DirectX 11), unlike Windows XP that is actually obsolete (I have it in my T60 to study though)
>>
>>60685181
I'm trying to play games in wine, but when I press keys, instead of the game recognizing it as input, it gets entered into the searchbar in the first open window in the background, or the main search bar. Nothing I do changes this, it only redirects the problem.
>>
Is Hackintosh dead on modern computers? I want to play some old OS8-9 era games and SheepShaver doesn't work.
>>
File: asf.jpg (154KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
asf.jpg
154KB, 960x720px
What's the best GPU I can buy for under $200 and needs less than 216 watts of power?
>>
why is mpc-hc bluescreening my pc every time when playing mkv files
>>
Is anyone else having a problem playing HEVC files after thy newest K-Lite codec pack update? There's no video output for me, just audio. Any tips?
>>
>>60702524
>>60702634
>windows problems
KEK
ur givin mi a giggul
>>
The fuck is AMD HDAudio/HDMI Audio and how the FUCK do I use it
>>
>>60702697
something something hdmi cable
>>
>>60702650
keep using a knock-off, shittier madVR
>>
>>60702723
mpv master race.
No need for shitty shaders or blurrifiers
>>
>>60702711
Is it only for "monitor speakers"? I can't use my headphones?
>>
File: 1493563148615.png (156KB, 1276x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1493563148615.png
156KB, 1276x1417px
>>60702733
>>
>>60702746
i use default mpv settings and it blows away vlc
also has a neat terminal music player
>>
>>60702746
profile=opengl-hq

So much for 64k lines of config

Enjoy your VLC backdoor
>>
my laptop has two hdds
can I shrink the second one without an os and install linux on it without effecting windows?
>>
i cant seem to properly upload any file larger than 4mb using firefox. i have medium speed internet so it dosent take too long to get to 100% but when it does it just fails. for 4chan it just gives me the connection error, for bandcamp it finishes then says network error. uploading with chrome works fine and never cancels due to taking too long due to upload speed. any ideas?
>>
Is there a good preferably free, alternative to Nero Rescue Agent? I need to recover files that the free version won't let me recover so I was gonna buy the full version, but it seems Nero doesn't have it available anymore.
>>
File: elliot_rodger3-620x412.jpg (13KB, 310x206px) Image search: [Google]
elliot_rodger3-620x412.jpg
13KB, 310x206px
>>60685206
>>
>>60702755
>blows away vlc
>>60702746
>VLC backdoor

I was talking about MPC, but of course you lincucks don't have that option ;)
>>
>>60702871
Yes
>>
>Installed gtk2-patched-filechooser, glib2-patched-thumbnailer, gstreamer, ffmpegthumbnailer
>deleted ~/.config/Thunar and ~/.thumbnails
>update-mime-database /usr/share/mime
>still no webm thumbnails
JUST
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.