[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 41

File: 77c910e7_Worn.png (1MB, 615x881px) Image search: [Google]
77c910e7_Worn.png
1MB, 615x881px
>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >>>/g/csg

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:
>>60158551
>>
>want another pair of sennheiser hd-202's
>got mine a while back for $20
>now can't find them anywhere under $50

literally wtf
>>
>>60181662
They got replaced
>>
What's with the asian? What happened to the anime?
>>
>>60181676
What's replacement model called?
>>
>>60181701
HD 2.20, Sennheiser's jewing out and wants ~$65 USD
>>
>>60181723
Thanks for the info
>>
File: badgrrl.png (256KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
badgrrl.png
256KB, 500x490px
>>60181662
Take it as a sign to move up to the next price range: 50-100.
>>
Continuing the discussion from last thread
Here's how i originally undertood neutrality and what went wrong:
Ok, the more neutral a headphone signature is, the less you hear of something in detriment of some other thing, makes sense, if it's neutral you will hear a bit of everything, also, that's how the musician/producer listened to it in the studio and intended for you to listen as well.

1º - problem: If that's how the musician/produced wanted you to hear, why is the music usually mastered in order to sound good on pretty much anything? That's part of the reason why the loudness war started, the idea was that you should be able to hear everything on anything (which doesn't mean necessarily that it in fact sounds good)
2º - Some times the musician is not even part of the equation, many big studios mix/master a song and later present it to the musician not on studio monitors, but rather of big-ass speakers that are not neutral, but rather are more forgiving and have quite an amount of sub-bass to make it sound a bit more impressive.
If that's not how you should listen to it, than why would they show it like that to the musicians themselves?
3º - Many times the headphones and even monitors used on studio are not neutral either, lots of us here on /hpg/ like 80's stuff, a good chunk of that was mixed by people listening to NS10 Yamaha monitors which are quite bright, in fact many of the old time engineers still carry their NS10 around instead of using modern monitors because that's what they are used to work with/listen to during production. (Not even going to mention MDR V6 and many other bright headphones from back then, you already got the idea).

Continues on next post:
>>
File: Yotsuba_HP.png (195KB, 472x416px) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba_HP.png
195KB, 472x416px
>>60181697
Was too lazy to scavenge boorus sorry. And it's not like you didn't have time to make a new thread yourself.
>>
>>60181774
4º - EQ, if it works like many claim (and for neutrality alone it makes some sense), than what's the point of going beyond certain headphones price points? It seems being neutral becomes hardly a significant selling point if you can simply make it more or less neutral later.
5º - FUCKING BURN-IN! We all read about it some time and we all know it's bulshit for headphones, what happens seems to that is A: your perception adjusts/gets used to the signature and B: the pads get worn which changes a bit of the sealing. Getting used to a signature is exactly what happened to the NS10 engineers, so what's even the point of EQing your headphones? Unless it's got an extreme signature with insane levels of Bass/mid/treble in detriment of everything else than chances are after a whille it will sound somewhat neutral to you anyway, hell, we keep seeing people going from headphone to headphone and saying "Yeah, this sounds veiled/bright compared to my other headphone" etc even if they are going to a headphone that's objectively more neutral, if you will end up perceing something as neutral anyway, what's the point of going for the more neutral option or even EQing your headphone in the first place?

After all that, am i the only one under the impression that neutrality is actually utopic?

Not arguing in favor or against anything, just dropping some thoughts to keep the conversation going. Go.
>>
File: 1486453556217.png (289KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
1486453556217.png
289KB, 540x438px
I'll reply tomorrow, about to fall asleep and cba to type long posts on mobile.
>>
Can I eq my VE Monk Plus to sound like HD 600?
>>
File: 1487022166552.jpg (481KB, 934x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1487022166552.jpg
481KB, 934x1250px
>>60181930
Good night, Anon.
>>
Just a quick heads up: <9 hours left to nab the VE Monks for $4.99 +$3 shipping from Massdrop. All aboard the memetrain.
>>
File: 1493433904440.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1493433904440.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>60181774
Not really an answer, but these problems are well known and described. Try to search for the "circle of confusion" article from Sean Olive for example.
>>60181822
>4° what's the point of going beyond certain headphones price points?
Probably none, once you have something with a smooth enough response to work with, low distortion, and comfortable enough.
>5° what's the point of going for the more neutral option or even EQing your headphone in the first place?
So that your headphones do sound decent on most recordings. If the tone is too bright or too bassy, or if there are bumps in the frequency response, they're going to sound like shit on many records. You probably want a smooth, slightly laid back frequency response to get pleasant and still neutral enough sound.
>>
File: 1437946744194.jpg (410KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1437946744194.jpg
410KB, 850x1200px
>>60181822
>what's the point of going beyond certain headphones price points?
Premium materials, comfort, channel matching and other features (bluetooth for example).
>>
>>60182164
>from Massdrop

Shipping from China would be quicker
>>
Hey guys, a few links in the wiki are broken, can someone reupload the 200$ under headphones?
>>
File: 41wVLtYYMzL.jpg (28KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
41wVLtYYMzL.jpg
28KB, 352x500px
Does anyone have any experience with the sennheiser rs 165? They're currently 25% off. Do they work with PCs?
>>
File: i1CTmaA.jpg (97KB, 525x786px) Image search: [Google]
i1CTmaA.jpg
97KB, 525x786px
>>60182193
Knowing you're experiencing audio experiences that plebs with sub-4 digit headphones will never experience.
>>
File: polaris.jpg (230KB, 640x471px) Image search: [Google]
polaris.jpg
230KB, 640x471px
Thoughts on this? Preferably from somebody who's actually heard the damn thing.
>>
>>601834
like regret
>>
>Budget
$50 +/- 30. I'm somewhat flexible, and this doesn't have to include mod materials.
>Location
USA.
>Source
Decent motherboard. Will consider recommendations.
>Type
Full sized, open or closed.
>Signature
Balanced/flat/neutral. Slight deviation is fine, and I'm open to proven modding that brings cans closer to good balance.
>Previous
Sony MDR V6, SoundMAGIC HP-150 (unmodded), various cheap ones, experience with many others from a friend.
>Musak
All over the place. From extreme metal, to classical, to video game/film/anime OSTs, to soundscapes, to gaming.
>Comfort
Some but not too much clamp force. Headband can't be too thin, and shouldn't put too much pressure into one area of my head.

Over the past few days I've been looking into a ton of options and I've personally narrowed down to Philips SHP-9500S (with replacement pads), Status Audio CB-1, or Takstar HI 2050 (or one of its clones/variants). Can't decide, open to other recommendations.
>>
What are some better alternatives to the Fiio L16/17 cables? I bought a Headamp Pico Slim and need a cable to connect it to my phone.
>>
>>60184310
SHP's may not need replacement pads, they are pretty comfy stock.
They can be overhyped, but they're good for the price.
Neutral sound with light bass and some graininess to the treble.

I would stay away from the Takstars, their mids were too recessed for me and the highs had some sibilance, which is sad because they were very comfy.

CB-1 are a good choice, XPT100 are another good closed option worth looking at, although neither of them would be an upgrade from the V6 or HP150.

I would also look into HD558's.
>>
Just got Fostex THX00. Not bass cannons like i was led to believe. Coming from the LCD 2, the lcd's just do everything better than these cans. Yes i understand that the thx00's are less than half the price but i was misled by all the reviews. They are good headphones and i guess worth the $400 overhyped as shit.
>>
>>60184432
*but they were* overhyped as shit
>>
>>60184336
http://www.ebay.com/itm/cable/132006755852
searching "10cm 3.5mm cable" usually brings up a bunch of them.
>>
>budget
~$200
>location
U.S.
>source
desktop
>type of headphone
full-sized
>open or closed
open
>past headphones
Been using the Sennheiser dt880s for the last 5 years and not really sure what to get, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Are there any bluetooth headphones which have active noise cancelling as good as Bose QC 35?
>>
>>60184512
>Sennheiser dt880s
Friendo..
>>
How hard is it to swap out the cable in beyerdynamic headphones? I heard the DT 990 come with a spiral cable.
>>
>>60184572
Mean beyerdynamic of course, not sure why I got that confused.
>>
Just bought HD 598s on ebay. If they turn out to be fakes will Paypal/Ebay require me to ship them back?
>>
>>60184637
You can't. You'd have to do a removable cable mod.
>>
>>60184512
What do you like or dislike about the 880's?

You could try to find a used HD600 if you extended your budget.
Or you could get an AKG 612, although it would just be a sidegrade to the 880's.
>>
Why are there headphones above $50 with non detachable cables?
>>
File: 1416689259855.png (395KB, 712x602px) Image search: [Google]
1416689259855.png
395KB, 712x602px
>>60184432
Return them and buy the ZMF Eikon.
>>
>>60184674
Literally had no problem with them, treated them like shit for 5 years and they still held up.
Thinking I should just buy the same thing again to be h.
>>
>>60184668
I thought they were german headphones and not jewish ones.
>>
>>60184397
Thanks for the detailed response Anon. Any chance you have experience with thicker ear pads modded onto SHP9500/S? I hear it helps with the bass and treble problems.
>>
>>60184736
Are they broken?
If they're the pro version getting a new headband is easy, and new pads would be help.
No reason to buy an identical pair if nothing is wrong with your current set.

Then you could invest in a decent closed set to complement the 880's.
>>
>>60184773
Yeah sound stopped coming out of one of the sides and I checked the wire but that didn't seem to be it.
Don't have the pro though, is that a problem if I'd want to replace the parts?
>>
>>60184519
No, Bose is top of the line. Nothing really beats them right now
>>
>>60184712
2 expensive 4 me right now
>>
>>60184811
Shouldn't be, it's just easier with the pro versions.

>>60184770
And I do not, I find them comfy enough stock.
However, my ears slightly touch the insides which would be annoying for some.

Deeper pads would likely help, but I'm not sure how it'd affect the sound.
>>
>>60184859
Well now you know what to work towards.
>>
>>60184519
MDR1000X
>>
What are the cheapest highest quality in ear phones? Budget less than £20.
>>
>>60185154
Anything from KZ
>>
>>60184968
Thanks again. I think I'll get them. Might as well see what the hype is all about.
>>
>>60181774
I don't like any of the points.

>1.a
There is a central portion to the track that needs to be conveyed. This is what the grotboxes are for, representing a track on a system with poor performance.
>b - Loudness war
The usage of compression is inseparable from the tonality and timbre. The style of music and sounds used over the last few decades have changed dramatically. You may as well you don't like the sound of that new music.

>2
IME, the speakers to impress clients are just bigger monitors. There is some artistic role given to the person behind the console.
Implicit to your statement is that is there is a definite subjective target.

>3 - Grotboxes
A less affectionate term would be shitty midrange cannons. Midrange focus is what the NS10 and the Auratone Cubes were known for. You could twist this into an argument for listening to earbuds with little effort. They even have some similarities in sound signature.
The difference between studio setups tends to be enough that carrying a small, shitty speaker provides some measure of reference. The size proved to be one the major selling points.
Headphone use traditionally tended to not go further than basic recording. The idea that a headphone would be anything more than a listening accessory is a new one.

>4.a - EQ, if it works like many claim
At its core, EQ is multiplying some number by another number to get the number that you want.
Mathematically, the only thing you can't get rid of is multiplication by zero.
Physically, there are many other constraints involved. We glossed over the position dependent property of the function for one.
>b - what's the point
Hopefully, it would be more pleasant to use.
If you want to base your opinion on something physical, any one of the various physical constraints. EQ is only intended to address linear properties of the headphone anyway.
>>
>>60184759
>Beyerdynamic)))
>>
>>60185154
Senfer UE or rock zircons
>>
How much should I spend on a sound card when I just want to enjoy games and music? I've seen them from 20 bucks to up to 200. Do they really make that much of a difference?
>>
>>60185614
Internal soundcards aren't worth shit anymore.

Just grab something external like a Fulla 2 and be happy forever.
>>
>>60185649
But that thing's a hundred bucks.
>>
I need a pair of Bluetooth headphones for running and all of them have that isolation effect.

Does anyone make bluetooth headphones that allow ambient audio pass through?
>>
Thanks for the non-anime op
>>
>>60185676
It's worth it when you want nicer headphones that require more power than the PC can give and eliminates any hiss/static/noise your onboard would make, the external dac might even sound better than what the onboard comes with.
>>
>>60185614
https://hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs/sabre-dac-uae23
>>
>>60185877
Different anon, Could I use that with something like a Magni2?
>>
File: pretzels.jpg (108KB, 1000x760px) Image search: [Google]
pretzels.jpg
108KB, 1000x760px
>>60185853
>the external dac might even sound better than what the onboard comes with.
DACs is the same.
>>
Didn't get a reply last thread, reposting

>Budget
$50-150
>Location
Burgerland
>Source
Phone, I own some portable amps
>Type of headphone
Ones that I can wear in public.
>Open or closed
Closed.
>Comfort level
I have one ear higher than the other, so comfort is a must.
>Sound signature
Solid mids. Bass is nice but I listen to a lot of music and mids are the easiest to balance.
>Past headphones
ATH A700
AKG K240

I was thinking ATH M50s but they're very bass heavy.
>>
>>60185432
>I don't like any of the points.
Well, to be fair, more than half of what Anon was talking about is covered by the circle of confusion as acknowledged by Toole, you can have one end (the consumer's) to be neutral, but that doesn't guarantee that the production end will be, it's a problem yet to be solved and meanwhile people are still buying audiophile equipment without even knowing the intricacies of a working flat speaker.
>>
Looking for a set of semi decent cans that will fold up and be easy to travel with

>Budget
less than $100
>Location
US of A
>Source
Laptop
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Must be comfy

I'm not a huge audiophile like some of you guys, I probably couldn't tell the difference between a decent and great set of headphones. As long as they sound decent and are travel friendly.
>>
>>60186708
>>60186946
DT770 for V, CB-1 or XPT100 for neutral, Creative Aurvana Live for warm.
>>
>>60181630
3d is disgusting
>>
>>60188083
>DT770 for V, CB-1 or XPT100 for neutral
Neither the XPT-100 or 770 are neutral. The XPT-100 also sucks dogshit.
>>
>>60188107
learn to read
>>
>>60188111
Sorry. Either way, XPT-100 arent remotely neutral.
>>
>Budget
=>50
>Location
usa
>Source
Cell phone, laptop
>Type of headphone
In ear or really anything I can use while ruining that will stay on
>Open or closed
>Comfort level
As comfy as possible
>>
>>60188090
you must hate yourself
>>
Just bought a Magni 2 Uber. I might have fallen for the "you need an amp" meme. I'll let you guys know in a few days
>>
>>60186708
Perhaps some HD380 Pro.
>>
>>60188680
Just remember to give it a few days of use before commenting :P

It's going to be odd at first, like every change ever.
>>
HD600 vs HD650? I can get them both for very cheap now.
>>
>>60188911
HD600 is generally considered better. Most reviewers who've used both do prefer HD600.

HD600 is also the more neutral headphone. HD650 is dark (lower treble) and bassy (stronger bass, particularly the subbass).
>>
>>60188959
>HD600 is also the more neutral headphone. HD650 is dark (lower treble) and bassy (stronger bass, particularly the subbass).

I guess that's why HD650 seems to be the more popular choice with normalfags.
>>
Just bought a pair of SE215-CL IEMs, how'd I do?
>>
I have a Bang and Olufsen H6. Should I buy an amp for it?
>>
Was on last thread but it died on me

>Past headphones
HD800
>felt like there was something missing the entire time, were good but felt like upgraded Momentum 2's in performance, feel like plastic
Audeze LCD-2
>terribad build quality, felt like they would break, heavily bassy and aren't worth the money compared to headphones in the same price range
Beyerdynamic T5-p (2nd gen)
>the only closed back I currently own and the only one I'll actually use as well, nice build with great neutral sound and little leakage

Was looking at LCD-Xs and HE-560s and wanted to get an opinion around which one is more worth. Looking for something a bit more vibrant.

>inb4 le HD600 eq'd to sound like Orpheus on steroids meme
>>
>>60189669
Interesting how subjective it all is... i love my lcd 2 to bits.
>>
>>60189669
Went from an HD800S to HD650 and haven't looked back
>>
>>60189669
>le HD600 eq'd to sound like Orpheus on steroids meme
I'm planning to buy a HD600 or HD650 and eq the hell out of it to see for myself if the meme is real or not.
>>
>>60181630
I have a fulla 2 (DAC/Amp combo).

Would it be stupid to plug my speakers into the Amp section? Should I just use the DAC only?
The speakers are loud enough on their own (just cheap JBL speakers) would they even benefit from an Amp?
>>
>Budget
$1500~
>Location
Australia
>Source
Schiit Smear
>Type of headphone
Over-Ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
High, will be wearing for 8+ hours a day
>Sound signature
Neutral to Warm/Dark. Last thing I want is to be killed with highs
>Past headphones
HD650
>>
>>60190219
philips x2
>>
>>60190193
If they are active speakers than they already have an Amp, if not that means that something is powering them, in both cases you'd be adding yet another link to an already working chain.
Best case scenario nothing happens, worts case something burns.
>>
>>60185614
0$.
>>
>>60190193
I think you should use the unamped DAC out
>>
>>60189940
You won't be able to assess that by giving them a listen.

>>60189669
If you object to the idea of just equalizing what you have, HE-560 is the better choice as LCD-X is more or less the same Audeze sound and build. I'd still recommend you to think for a while of what exactly do you think the headphones you have/had lack. Doesn't sound like you have a clue and if you are fine with upgrading because of there's "something missing", you could just roll a dice. Vibrance isn't descriptive.
>>
Oldfag here. What is the consensus on headphone amps? Is this the right thread to look for help choosing one if budget is in mind? Do I just start my own?
I haven't even started shopping but I hope to get something under $200 AUD that will be honest. I'm tired of using my onboard soundcard but I did choose a Mboard with optical for this eventuality.
I'm currently 'stuck' with an old set of sony mdr's from waaay back that are still faithful but will be upgrading regardless.
I understand anything at all will be an upgrade, but as it is a bit of a niche market I want to make sure I don't end up screwed on my first effort. I love my music, but only get a few hours a week at best to enjoy it until recently. I've worked in the speaker building industry and understand acoustically what's going on, but digitally I'm at a loss. What to buy?
>>
>>60190219
Anyone?
>>
>>60190822
Headphones DAC/Amps are literal meme snake oil unless you happen to have
>an audibly noisy source
or
>a source incapable of driving your headphones at acceptable (for you obviously) loudness
Or both.

Nowadays it's rather uncommon to find either of these problems, especially the first one. The second problem however might present itself if you buy a high-impedence pair of headphones; just buy anything with an impedence of 60 Ohm or less and even your smartphone will be able to drive them loud enough.

Those same money produce better results if you invest them directly in a better pair of cans.
>>
>>60190972
Go read up on impedance. You don't seem to understand the basics.
>>
>>60191008
Care to explain us the basics or you're an "educate yourself" tumblrina?
>>
>>60190219
Try the Audeze LCD X
>>
>>60190972
Wait so more accurately recreating lossy formats produces better audio? How? That DOES sound like snake oil, but kinda the opposite of what I'm asking for.
Also bear with me, an idiot who doesn't properly follow audiophilia any more. The $1.50 IC on a cheap mainboard or generic media player is as good as it gets for amplification? I have a hard time believing headroom is now limitless, or that you can properly recreate a lossless source at high current with an ipod (or similarly battery powered device)
>>
>>60186933
>using tracks to judge loudspeakers that were judged using tracks judged on loudspeakers...
I was just going to suggest reading "Sound Reproduction" as a really lazy response. Reading Toole's Open Access AES paper would work as well.

>>60189845
6XX?
Why you jumped on the HD 800S, I do not understand. It seems like the buyer's remorse product.

>>60190769
>>60189669
HE-560 construction is laughable.
It really sounds more like you want to like the LCD-X.
>HD600 eq'd to sound like Orpheus
Why would you even want to do that?
>>
>>60190822
Only necessary for phones unless >>60190972
Even then in phones it might just seem underpowered because of volume limitations
>>
>>60191008
Head Fi Retard or bait.
>>
>>60188090
you 3d yourself smartass
>>
>>60191168
>Wait so more accurately recreating lossy formats produces better audio?
Having better headphones is not only about better audio. It's also build quality and comfort. Saving from a useless DAC/AMP and spending more on headphones improves these parameters, while keeping audio quality at comparable levels with a DAC/AMP plus cheaper headphones setup.
>>
>>60191356
I'm not talking to you any more based on this response.

"Better headphones is not only about audio."
>>
File: 1474423528549.png (52KB, 251x342px) Image search: [Google]
1474423528549.png
52KB, 251x342px
>>60191119
Unforunately that's a bit over-budget
>>
>enjoy music from the '30s to '50s
>they sound like shit on my HD 650s
>>
File: No.gif (1MB, 339x336px) Image search: [Google]
No.gif
1MB, 339x336px
>>60191428
Holy poop
>>
>>60191455
Welcome to Australia where Sennheisers are the only reasonably priced Headphones.

800S dropped to $1400 during Easter. Just missed out
>>
File: $_57.jpg (56KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
56KB, 800x800px
I got some USB headphones that I wanted to use with a device other than a PC. Do you think this adapter will work?
>>
>>60191435
Quite surprising. Music from this era should sound comfier with a slight veil.
>>
my K702 gave me tinnitus
thanks AKG
>>
>>60191587
The world gave me Tinnitus.
Thanks dad
>>
>>60191600
The universe gave me Tinnitus.
Thanks God
>>
>>60191425
What makes headphones different by any other product on the market? They're products you are going to use, on a daily basis: you're going to stress them, so it's better for them to be sturdy and reliable, hence the build quality requirement, but since they're going to stay a few hours on your head, they'd better be comfortable to allow you to enjoy your music without the annoyance of feeling uncomfortable.

Sound quality wise headphones reach very quickly the point of diminishing return, and you can safely consider most of those that most people consider "affordable" as a sidegrade from each other; increasing the expense might not get you considerably better audio, but might (not necessarily of course) give you better comfort or build quality: why ignore these parameters just to pursue the irrealistic ideal of "the best audio possible"?

Unless you're an audiophool, that seeks audio quality for audio quality sake, you need headphones to experience music, and as such it must be a comprehensive experience, because audio on its own isn't gonna cut it. Don't forget it.
>>
File: 71J3un9fMgL._SL1500_.jpg (144KB, 1269x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71J3un9fMgL._SL1500_.jpg
144KB, 1269x1500px
How are those? They're 155€, are they good for that price?
>>
>>60191638
supposedly they have too much treble
my dt770-250 are great though
>>
>>60190822
Same as speakers, low |Z|, decent voltage reserves, flat response. Headphone wiring will generally be much higher impedance, so less current is needed.

>Wait so more accurately recreating lossy formats produces better audio?
That wasn't mentioned at all, but why not reproduce the lossy format?
Lossy audio banks on masking processes in the subject, nerve firing that is suppressed and so on.
>>
>>60191699
They're closed though, aren't they? Any other open ones in that price range?
>>
>>60191830
Volvo Sennheiser
>>
Looking to upgrade to either DT-770's or Fidelio X2. Currently own AD-700 closed back and M50's. I prefer the 700 for the sound stage and better detailing, though they sometimes seem bland and boring. Would be using them for gaming (CS:GO), movies, music. Listen to a lot of new wave, electronic, house, synth based music. Leaning towards the X2's. Might get the Schiit stack in the future, but currently using a Fiio E10 for amp/DAC.

What do, /g/?
>>
What should I upgrade my superflux hd 330 with? ~100$
>>
>>60192017
Fidelio X2
+built like tanks
+detachable cable (the stock cable quality is extremely good)
+comfortable as fuck
+great soundstage
+fun and engaging V-shape
-bulky and heavy
-elastic non-adjustable headband
-expensive

Don't know the Beyer
>>
>>60192136
Audio Technica ATH-M40x
>>
>>60192241
Why? Am I getting memed?
>>
>>60192274
On that range you either have those, or the Status Audio CB-1. CB-1 are more comfortable (they clearly have better pads), but they also have massive QA issues according to everywhere on the internet. I have the M40x and I wouldn't consider them comfortable, but the build quality is very good, and they sound is just amazing.
>>
>>60192374
What about their size and is the headband adjustable a lot?
>>
My SE215s broke yesterday and I was planning on getting some comfy sub $150usd iems. Has anyone tried the new ATH LS70?
>>
>>60192017
please don't fall for the beyer meme

i was going to buy x2 but chose the dt 880 and i still regret it
>>
>>60192450
Get the hf5.
>>
>>60192415
Well, for me just a few clicks per side are enough, but since there are plenty more to expand the headband I'd say the M40x shouldn't give you any problem to accommodate a large head.
>>
>>60192470
They seem to be more expensive than the ls70s in my country
>>
>>60191517
Uhh, I'm no audiofag, but I would guess not? The 3.5mm takes an analog signal, but USB headphones will take a digital signal and process it themselves. So... No, you'd just have noise, imo.
>>
File: $_32.jpg (118KB, 849x566px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
118KB, 849x566px
looking for an alternative to my SoundMAGIC E10s
sub $50 price range, would prefer bassy soundstage

any help is greatly appreciated
>>
>>60191830
770 are closed
990 are open
>>60192017
I have the 770 and they are indestructible so long as you're not retarded

I wouldn't recommend buying them because at this price point the increase in clarity will be negligible. Save up for the T70, they are getting cheaper.
>>
Is there any point in FiiO K1? I want to pair it with my laptop to drive HD650 and DT990.
>>
>>60192374
I bought me a pair of M40x's last week, why are they so quiet? I'm thinking of just trying to fix my previous headphones and use them again just to combat this.
>>
>>60193003
>why are they so quiet?
I don't have this issue.
>Are you sure the cable is properly connected to the headphones?
Remember they use a proprietary connector and you have to insert the jack correctly and twist it to secure it in place.
>What are you using to drive them?
Have you tried jacking them up to another source?
>>
File: Audio-Technica ATH AD500X-body.jpg (119KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Audio-Technica ATH AD500X-body.jpg
119KB, 1000x500px
These came today, feels like i'm wearing nothing at all, the cord is shit, has low sound floor, they're OPEN ASF, would recommend if you're doing gaymen, you can hear shit from across the map
>>
>>60181630
To the bro who claimed the free dt770 headband, just letting you know that I'm definitely posting it tomorrow. it shouldn't take too long to arrive.
>>
>>60193068
Yeah, I'm plugging them in correctly. Tried them on both my computer and IPod. Too bad I don't have a proper way to figure out if the sound is faulty or if it's just me.
>>
>>60192888
I want to stick my dick right in the middle of that
>>
>>60192017
First you should decide if you need isolation or not, that's the main reason to buy closed-back, other than that i'd sabe some money and get the DT880, it's closer to neutral than both the X2 and DT770, i'm not a fan of warm signatures for gaming, but if you decide to go with either of the two the X2 has the advantage of accepting the boompro mic, which is always nice for multiplayer gaming.
>>
>>60192220
>v shaped
>fun and a positive
Hello my melanin enriched friend
>>
>>60191031
>>60191328
Impedance doesn't tell you how much power(voltage) is needed to get a certain sound pressure level. It doesn't tell us how sensitive the headphones(or loudspeakers) are nor does it tell how much power the headphones draw. Alone it tells absolutely nothing relevant. If we only look at the impedance, the opposite what was said is true: higher impedance is easier load for the amplifier to drive, including for the one inside your smartphone.

Requirement for loudness is a subjective target. Without knowing all three parameters: headphone voltage sensitivity, voltage swing of the amplifier and how loud you need them to be, we can only take guesses whether you need an amplifier or not. This is further complicated by possible equalization that takes its toll on available voltage and somewhat by the loudness differences in the audio you listen.
>>
>>60194289
>actually types out a reply for the retards
you have patience
>>
File: h5-wireless-design_thumb800.jpg (19KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
h5-wireless-design_thumb800.jpg
19KB, 800x450px
Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm considering getting em and want an opinion that isnt an amazon review.
>>
The left ear in the Yamaha eph 100 I bought like a week ago just crapped out, like it's still making volume but it's really low. It looks like a fairly common complaint online. Should I just return them and get a different set? I'm thinking these are counterfeit because they don't really sound any better than the Panasonic RP-HJE120 that I own.
>>
Stupid question maybe - what's the difference between the Fulla 2's front headphone jack and the back pre-amp outlet?

I lost my 1/4" adapter and when I plugged my headphones into the the back, I got a perfectly good sound and volume as far as I can tell.

Is it just that the front outlet is louder?
>>
>>60194793
Is the preamp still controllable by the pot on top? If it is, the differences usually lie in higher voltage, lower output impedance and possibly more power from the headphone jack. On real world loads the headphone output should do better and you should probably use it if you can. Probably as the quality difference, even if there is one, is not necessarily audible in any way.
>>
>>60194737
Sound good, but I prefer Nuforce be6i - same quality for half the price
>>
My Beats in-ear headphones still work, but the phone controls are shot. Need some help finding new ones. I'm looking for better bang for the buck than Beats offered.

>Budget
~$100

>Location
Toronto

>Source
iPhone

>Type of headphone
IEM

>Comfort level
Mid-range

>Sound signature
Warm

>Past headphones
Beats IEM
>>
>>60194918
Yeah, the pre-amp is volume adjusted by the pot, and cuts out when the headphone jack is filled.

Didn't think about output impedance. I'll use the headphone jack after I pick up an adapter later this week.

There's also a line out that isn't volume adjusted and keeps playing when the headphone jack is filled, so I can hook that up to my speakers and have speakers and headphones hooked up at the same time. Wish more preamps had a line out option as well.
>>
>>60189009
>I guess that's why HD650 seems to be the more popular choice with normalfags.
Sennheiser specifically made it for normalfags (millennials or whatever) who want to "feel" the music (dixit, obv refering to subbass).
>>
>>60194979
Interesting. How do they fit in the ear? Do they stick out like Shrek ears?
>>
>>60189669
Focal Elear.
>>
>>60194371
On a mobile device, too. I feel like that's what I mostly do here. Not typing out anything leaves people guessing, low effort shitposting and taking the bait kills this board. Better not add up to that.

I should add that the 60 Ohm value mentioned is a very poor rule of a thumb. While it's true that in general higher impedance models exhibit lower sensitivity(as you might guess from Ohm's law already), there are many exceptions to this, especially if the value chosen happens to be 60 Ohms.

Some examples: the 60 Ohm K702 roughly matches the sensitivity of the 600 Ohm T1. The 50 Ohm HE-6 is three times less sensitive than both and the 80 Ohm Elear/Utopia are three to four times more sensitive as the T1 and K702. The 80 Ohm HD 25-1 is six times as sensitive as the K702. If think you get the idea.
>>
>Budget
less than 700PLN (about 165€)
>Location
Poland
>Source
PC/smartphone, but I'm going to buy a DAC/AMP like FiiO E10K
>Type of headphone
Full-sized, open or closed
>Comfort level
I'm using headphones a lot, so comfortable headphones would be nice.
>Sound signature
I like nice bass, but I don't want it to overwhelm everything else.
>Past headphones
JVC HA-RX700 and right now I'm using shitty Logitech G230.

Any suggestions? I'm listening mostly to rap, R&B and EDM.
>>
>>60190972
>a source incapable of driving your headphones at acceptable (for you obviously) loudness

Reminder that some headphones have noticeable changes in their sound with amplifier regardless of loudness. I suppose that there are not many, but HD600 is prime example. My macbook drives them to painfully loud levels, but with an amp bass becomes tighter which is really easy to notice, and even easier on matched volume and a/b switch. I used Element btw.
>>
>>60192017
Try AKG, they have wide soundstage and don't suffer many drawback of X2 sound. X2 would be nice, but their frequency is too centred around boomy bass and some highs, midrange suffers too much but you might like it that way hui knows.
>>
Recommendations for gaming headphones $35 or lower?
>>
>>60195980
Samson SR850/950
>>
>>60192017
DT770 is closed, X2 is open, so they're very different headphones. Open headphones usually sound better than closed ones, whereas closed headphones provide better isolation from outside noises. I'd recommend DT770 for the kind of music you like. I had the X2 and I returned them because they were too heavy and loose on my head, but mostly because I found their sound flawed: weak sub-bass, too much mid-bass, recessed mids, random peaks in treble region. If you like bass, I find DT770 more complete and satisfying, albeit being a lot cheaper.
>>
>>60195833
DT770 pro 80 ohm sounds like what you're looking for.
>>
>Budget
Anything up to £150, so about $200
>Location
UK
>Source
Laptop
>Type of headphone
Full sized, closed
>Comfort level
I use them a lot, so comfort is a priority
>Sound signature
I like bass, but I don't want it to drown out everything else
>Past headphones
I'm a turbopleb who has been using gaymen headsets for as long as I can remember, now I want something high quality. I don't necessarily need headphones that are good for gaming because I only play strategy games like Civ. I'll mainly be using them for watching films/anime etc, and listening to music.

Reading through the thread, it seems like DT770 is what I'm after but I'll post this anyway.
>>
>>60196291
HM5 or DT770
>>
>>60196126
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try to listen to music with them somewhere before buying.
>>
>Budget
$100
>Location
USA
>Source
Phone
>Type of headphone
On ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Doesnt matter, vice grip my shit senpai
>Sound signature
Bassy
>Past headphones
VE Monk+
SR950
681/668B
PortaPros

From a couple headphones that I've been looking at, I'm kind of intrigued in the following:
Superlux HD 562
KCS75
Beyer Custom Streets

Any help would be great, thanks
>>
>Budget
$200

>Location
USA

>Source
Phone

>Type of headphone
IEM

>Comfort level
10/10 comfy

>Sound signature
Bassy

For reference i find the one on XB90EXs and SkullCandy Titan's to be proper bass

>Past headphones
Senn CX300, SkullCandy Titan, SoundMagic E10 (which i hated), SkullCandy Inkd, XB90EX (couple listens).
>>
Do you need a soundcard to have access to an equalizer on a windows PC?
>>
>>60197235
Shure SE215
>>
>>60194989
Am I going to get reeee'd at for shilling The Wirecutter?

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-100-in-ear-headphones/
>>
>>60196566
Creative Aurvana Live

Not exactly on ear, but they're small over ears and very light.
>>
>>60197377
I'll be using these for portable use and I've seen how bad velour gets when using them outside. I plan on upgrading once in a few years when I have the money and get into the Navy.
>>60197356
I've heard they're pretty good though the build looks a bit iffy, I'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>60197266
If you can listen to music on that pc, you already have a soundcard on it. Any equalizer can work.
>>
>>60197266
Equalizer APO + Peace GUI, it's free
>>
>>60197471
>>60197485
Thanks. I probably sound retarded already, but will 250 ohm headphones work fine on PC or do I need to buy an amp?
>>
>Budget
$100, give or take 20 bucks
>Location
USA
>Source
Galaxy S7, FiiO Kunlun
>Type of headphone
IEM, bluetooth optional
>Comfort level
I need them to actually stay in my ears, since I have rather wide ear canals.
>Sound signature
I prefer a flat signature, but I don't mind a little more bass or treble.
>Past headphones
IE80, HD600, Momentum 2.0
>>
>>60197509
Which headphones?
>>
>>60197543
I'm thinking about buying DT 990s. I'm used to really cheap gaming headsets and they kept breaking, so I'm looking for something that might last a while.
>>
>>60197509
It depends on their sensitivity. Resistance, which is measured in Ohm, doesn't tell how hard to drive a headphone is.
>>
>>60197520
GR07 Classic or Bass Edition
>>60197557
You'll want an amp like an E10K or Fulla2. DT990's are nice if you can handle the strong treble spike
>>
>>60194793
You could destroy your headphones that way
>>
>>60181630
>Tinnitus got worse
>Stop using headphones for a couple of months
>HD800 is just looking at me, begging to be used
>Afraid to do so out of fear of making the T worse
JUST
>>
>>60197509
High impedance headphones are ideal because they will perform on all equipment. It's their sensitivity which determines if they need an amp.
>>
File: 81BAtmyPccL._SL1500_.jpg (149KB, 1215x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81BAtmyPccL._SL1500_.jpg
149KB, 1215x1500px
Specifically looking for a good pair of Sennheisers this time around.

>Budget
~$300

>Location
USA

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Over ear

>Open or closed
Either/Or

>Comfort level
Over 9000

>Sound signature
Something that's all-around. I can live without bass, though.

>Past headphones
Multiple AKGs

I've been pretty brand loyal to AKG, but I just want to see what Sennheiser has to offer.
>>
>>60197659
558/598, HD 600/650, K612/K712
>>
>>60197659
HD600.
I'm getting them tomorrow. I've been using K702 for a year or more, then like you I'm also curious to check the sound quality of Sennheisers.
>>
>>60197569
>>60197652
>>60197616
Thanks. Is there any difference between the pro and the "edition" version of the 990s? Like do you need the amp for both of them?
>>
>>60197659
Try to find a pair of HD600 somewhere for under $300. Amazon has them for like $390 right now for some reason, but they aren't usually that high. They're quite flat in sound signature, so they'll play just about everything well.
>>
>>60197652
This, which is why high impedance memephones are well suited for tube amps.
>>
>>60197739
Premium has a lighter clamp than the Pro and the Pro has a replacable headband. The DT880/990 pads are extrememly soft so the Pro version is usually the one to stay away from as your ear can touch the driver and may be uncomfortable unless you wanna experiment with Beyer's Gel or DT770 pads on the 990's.
>>
>>60196291
HD380 Pro
>>
>>60197659
HD600 > HD599
>>
What should I buy if I believe in EQing?
>>
>>60197642
If you aren't going to use them, send them to me.
>>
I really know almost nothing about headphones, all of my research went into my studio monitors.

Budget
~100-200$

>Location
USA

>Source
PC, a MOTU audio interface

>Type of headphone
Over ear

>Open or closed
Probably closed

>Comfort level
Pretty comfy, I'm used to being uncomfortable

>Sound signature
I'd like something pretty neutral, I play a lot of games but I also use my rig to mess around with musical ideas in a wide variety of genres

>Past headphones
Never owned anything of worth.
>>
>>60198227
HM5
>>
File: 1493764959877.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493764959877.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>60197719
>Recommending cans you presumably have not heard yet
>>
>>60198188
You can mostly ignore the stock tonality if the headphones are decent enough to be equalized as you want. So perhaps something that you find really comfortable and makes the equalization process consistent? Still quite a bit to take into account. Not all headphones have a stable response. With that same question in mind I went and bought the HD 800. Downsides of it were the price, sensitivity and stock tonality. As I got a good deal, had an amplifier and were going to use EQ, there wasn't really much competition for it in my mind.

>>60198353
Nothing wrong that as long as you understand how the headphone behaves. HD 600 is well documented. I wouldn't value someone's listening impressions in this case at all.
>>
>>60198442
How are those $10 walmart shitphones?
>>
File: 315UXIIDoiL.jpg (16KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
315UXIIDoiL.jpg
16KB, 358x500px
What are these types of headphones called?

Also it looks like they discontinued these ones, my cat just chewed through the cord so I was looking to buy them again. Any recommendations for a similar style earbud? I like these because they stay in my ears during exercise but don't completely block external noise
>>
non audiophile here, i just got a pair of ath-m50x and ive connected them to my pc which admittedly has a shitty old 2011 motherboard, will this ruin my listening experience too much? how could i fix this? thanks
>>
>>60198902
They're called earbuds; The ones with the rubber tips that block external sound are IEM's. Take a look at the VE Monk Plus and get them with the expansion pack/EX Pack.
>>
Are the gaming sennheiser headsets worth it? Looking at the PC 363D
>>
>>60198956
I was referring to the shape of the plug that sits more in the ear canal than a typical earbud

I'm a little worried about a typical earbud staying in since even the Panasonic RP-HJE120-PPK ErgoFits slip out of my ear (in addition to too much noise isolation for running)
>>
File: 719b0eB8ZAL._SY679_.jpg (21KB, 482x679px) Image search: [Google]
719b0eB8ZAL._SY679_.jpg
21KB, 482x679px
>>60198956
here are the yurbuds, which are similar

the sony's I posted first had 16mm drivers, but it looks like all the similar ones manufactured now have 12mm or 9mm drivers
>>
I need amp+dac for 300 ohm headphones and active speakers. Also I want it cheap. Is FX-Audio DAC-X6 good?
>>
File: 1307795176812.png (117KB, 374x318px) Image search: [Google]
1307795176812.png
117KB, 374x318px
Is there an actual, measurable difference in how headphones play before and after burn-in, or is it another of these "if you can't hear the difference, then it's obviously wasted on YOU" things? Or is it just your brain getting used to the different signature, i.e. the headphones growing on you?

tl;dr - is headphone burn-in a meme?
>>
>>60199137
>Or is it just your brain getting used to the different signature, i.e. the headphones growing on you?
You answered your own question
>>
>>60199181

So there's basically no point in letting new headphones play on their own and hoping they'll "burn in?"
>>
>>60199216
https://www.wired.com/2013/11/tnhyui-earphone-burn-in/
>>
>>60199137
>Is there an actual, measurable difference in how headphones play before and after burn-in
I've seen a smattering of weak evidence that there's some *miniscule* (read: inaudible) changes.

>is it just your brain getting used to the different signature, i.e. the headphones growing on you?
Yes. That's why you never see people saying their headphones got WORSE after burning in.

>>60199216
>So there's basically no point in letting new headphones play on their own and hoping they'll "burn in?"
No point at all.
>>
File: 9x95Mrmh.jpg (76KB, 728x530px) Image search: [Google]
9x95Mrmh.jpg
76KB, 728x530px
>Budget
$100-$200, willing to buy used
>Location
U.S of A
>Source
Mostly laptop, sometimes phone
>Type of headphone
Bluetooth would be nice, although isnt really required. I have to be able to wear them in public and they should have good isolation
>Open or closed
Closed.
>Comfort level
Very high, Im going to be wearing these for hours.
>Sound signature
Pretty much neutral. As long as it doesnt have muddy bass or fatiguing high-ends Im good.
>Past headphones
$15 earbuds and some shitty Skullcandys
>>
>>60199082
There's a Monoprice 111567 on ebay right now for $74 + free shipping. Worth looking into
>>
>>60191428
are you poor or something????????????
>>
>>60199137
>is headphone burn-in a meme?
Yes.
>>
>>60199082
fx audio dac-x3 should be just as good for half the price. They're both 12V and probably have the same output, though I don't think there's any evidence either reach the alleged output on headphones.
Also there's always something decent under $100 for sale on massdrop if you can wait
>>
>>60199571
>>60199662
I'm from Europe so no ebay or massdrop for me =/
>>
>>60199137
Its literally a shill tactic to make people wait out their return policy. Its not just getting used to it, its full on self delusion since people will hate headphones, put then down, then play purplewave for 300 hours. They will then say they like the headphones better despite not wearing them in that time. Its buyers remorse.
>>
>>60199684
Then dac-x3 or x6.
>>
>>60198989
No. Only the Sennheiser gaming DAC is good since it can calculate perfect soundstage and actually can EQ $10 headphones to greatness.
>>
Head phones with tight low end where subs have tight/fast reaction release anything?
>>
>>60200056

Normally use Mackie HR824s as speakers
>>
File: PEPE Brain Dead.jpg (105KB, 1920x1541px) Image search: [Google]
PEPE Brain Dead.jpg
105KB, 1920x1541px
>>60200056
what
>>
>>60200107

Headphones with cones that don't colour kickdrums with a longer tail but can push low end, are than any models I should check.

Is what I am saying making sense to anyone who understands. Punchy without tail.
>>
File: tec.jpg (146KB, 1280x739px) Image search: [Google]
tec.jpg
146KB, 1280x739px
Technics masterrace reporting.
>>
>>60200179
Grado
>>
>>60200200

Thank you.
>>
Best microphone for recording tutorials without phantom power?
Looking at the sf-920 and USB to microphone adapter for the 5v.

How do I know my sf920 is not a fake? Is banggood reputable?
>>
Is a wireless gaming headset worth it?
>>
File: GAMING HEADSET.png (309KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GAMING HEADSET.png
309KB, 1280x1024px
>>60200454
>>
Where do Amerilards get their Sieveking headphone stands from?
>>
>>60200301
Kill yourself
>>
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-headphones

Quick, what do I do?
>>
How well do the DT 990s work with the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC ES9023?
>>
>>60200703
Buy K702s instead
>>
>>60200454
If you desperately need wireless, go for it. All wireless headphones are varying levels of shit, so not much lost by going with a shitty gaymen headset.
>>
>>60200703
>Estimated ship date is July 28, 2017.

Why would you do that to yourself? Are you kidding me? By then you easily could have just saved up a bit more money to buy something nicer.
>>
>>60191428
Buy used
https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=Audeze+LCD+X
>>
>>60200703
K712
>>
I keep reading that one guy is always recommending the HD380 Pro.
They look like they are built pretty cheap and the cushions look even on the amazon photos like they are falling apart...

Any experiences with this build quality?
>>
>>60200056
DT770
>>
>Budget
>Location
USA
>Source
Record Player/PC
>Type of headphone
Closed preferred
>Comfort level
N/A. Prefer cloth pads if possible
>Sound signature
Warm
>Past headphones
ATH-500X
Koss Porta Pros

Thinking about the Sony MDVRV6 since I'm getting into electronic music and hiphop, but I still want metal to sound decent.
>>
File: R6m-Black-Square.jpg (406KB, 2599x2599px) Image search: [Google]
R6m-Black-Square.jpg
406KB, 2599x2599px
So what is the current price/performance alternative to a pair of Klipsch R6M's? I've been through 3 pairs on warranty now. They keep shitting out either one earbud stops working, or the inline remote stops working. For around $100CAD They have pretty good performance, but I want something that's going to last longer than a year as well.

I've heard the Shure SE215's are similar, but supposedly the sound clarity isn't quite on par for pretty much the same price.

Any other suggestions?

Pic related, they break a lot
>>
>>60198212
I can send you an AD2000X if you want.
>>
Can anyone suggest an amp with optical input for use with a PS4?
>>
Daily reminder that if your >Location is not USA we literally don't care what you buy.
>>
dumb question

Are Db/Dbr like cm/mm
>>
>>60194989
Shure se215
>>
>>60202110
Used DT770 pro 80 ohm for solid bass, a v shape sound, and max comfort. Worth saving up for.

XPT100 or CB-1 for neutralish with boosted bass and comfy stock.
Both come with detachable cables, but the XPT is propietary.
>>
>>60204175
>770
>detachable cable
>>
>>60201129
This. If you have no job sell blood in that time
>>
This or more bassy iems?

sorry for the image quality
>>
>>60199355
>I've seen a smattering of weak evidence that there's some *miniscule* (read: inaudible) changes.
This is more likely to be the pads than the drivers.
>>
>>60205008
Holy fuck thats just vibrations im your ears at that point and where's the treble?
Shure SE215.
>>
buying a pair of dt770s for a friend. he's got a Xonar DSX in his PC. should I get the 80 or 250 ohm version?
>>
>>60205112
80 Ohm
>>
>>60205008
wew
>>
File: ......png (4MB, 709x8709px) Image search: [Google]
......png
4MB, 709x8709px
look at this shit
>>
>>60205008
>>60205141

Am i just going to be disappointed with everything else bass wise at this point?

>thats just vibrations in your ears at that point

Feels good i gotta tell ya

They discontinued them but i guess i can cop me a few off eBay
>>
>>60204474
Both was pretty clearly referring to the XPT and CB-1, but enjoy your (You).
>>
>>60205396
Get the SE215 or DT770 if you want to experience good bass.
>>
>>60205567
Now, can you elaborate on the 'good' part
>>
>>60181630

>Budget
$50 USD

>Location
Mexico

>Source
Phone

>Type of headphone
On-ear, closed.

>Comfort level
Comfortable.

>Sound signature
Neutral

>Past headphones
AKG K430

Exclusively for bus rides, so decent isolation is quite important too.

Thanks my dudes.
>>
>>60205760
Tight, detailed, not overly boosted or bloated as to bleed into the mids.
Whichever buzzwords suit your liking, anon.
>>
>Budget
$40-$70

>Location
US

>Source
Laptop or Phone

>Type of headphone
Over ear, closed

>Comfort level
Comfortable

>Other
Detachable audio cable would be nice since I'm rough with my stuff.

Just browsing Amazon's best selling stuff for now.
>>
>>60205973
You have to go back
>>
>>60206350
Thinking I might go with these: http://a.co/egmxICx

AKG K 240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones

Any objections?
>>
>>60206350
>Type of headphone
Over ear, closed
>>60206580
AKG K 240 Semi-Open

Sure
>>
>>60206580

Cushions too thin; my ears touched the speaker. It was pretty annoying, but I fix it adding cotton balls between the cushion and speaker.

In long sessions is quite uncomfortable.

As for sound, overall good sound.
>>
>>60206350
used HD 598 Cs for $69 on Amazon

http://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/hd-598-cs

>>60206580
Those are semi-open, though. Do you not actually need something closed back?
>>
>>60206679
I figured it was close enough. Just don't want to be a nuisance to those around me. Does it have to be closed in that case?

And how about these?
Superlux HD668B Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones
>>
>>60206735
I really like these too: http://a.co/0YNoPou
LyxPro HAS-10 Closed Back

Just wish the cable wasn't so long.
>>
>>60206771
For closed in your price range, CB-1.
You can use whatever length cable you want.

And semi open is just open. People around you will hear what you're listening to.
>>
>>60206922
CB-1 headphones seem nice. Aesthetically as well.

Kind of over the budget though. Hmm.
>>
>>60206922
Damn, you can even combine it with http://a.co/5yrB0OR to make a nice gaming headset.

I might have to go over budget..
>>
Can someone recommend me computer speakers for like 200 bux
>>
File: 222f3196.jpg (27KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
222f3196.jpg
27KB, 450x450px
Help me fix my Studios, /hpg/.

The audio in the left speaker doesn't work, but if I wedge something the size of my fingertip between the top of the back of the ear cup and the headband (in the soft grey rubber area) the audio returns. Whats the procedure?

>inb4 >beats
They were gifted.
>>
File: Capture.png (155KB, 250x366px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
155KB, 250x366px
>>60206294
>se215
>tight, detailed bass
>>
>>60207091
bin it
>>
>>60207091
Don't you have a warranty?
>>
>>60207433
I claimed warranty on them once before, and I've had the current pair for over a year and a half now.
>>
>Budget
Hoping to keep it between $200 and $400 AUD but a little more won't kill me

>Location
Straya

>Source
Audioengine d1

>Type
On ear, sealed or even active cancelling to make everyone in the house go away.

>Comfy level
I have a huge head, and huge lobes. I need buckets. I don't mind if the unit weighs a ton, but it can't have high clamping force.

>Sound
As linear as possible. I just want honest recreation as I listen to everything from country to gangster hippity hop to symphonic. I hear all kinds of excess when I try my friends headphones out, and a lot of design seems these days to be over efficient in bottom end. If I want that I'll use an eq.

>Past/current units
Too many cheapos to list, but had a $200 set of sony MDRs back in 2005 that I loved. I've got some kz iem's that I use as protection at work that albeit only cost 30 bucks and are impressive at that price, essentially suck.

No idea where to start, there's so many choices at this price range considering I have no idea what's what. I couldn't care less how much street cred they give me, so branding doesn't matter. Just want to enjoy my music again.
>>
is it better to turn up my headphone volume or my amp volume?
>>
>>60207744
Where is the "headphone volume" adjusted?
>>
File: akgq701[1].jpg (27KB, 790x430px) Image search: [Google]
akgq701[1].jpg
27KB, 790x430px
>>60207692
I found a set of AKG Q701's for $299, but they're open. Are they as good as reviews say?
https://www.whathifi.com/akg/q701/review
>>
>>60207823
in the OS
>>
I just turned my fulla 2 to 24bit 96kHz and i get popping every second, what do?
>>
>>60208382
in winamp
>>
>>60208051
Do you like a bright sound with spaced out instruments? If so yes.

If you don't mind slightly less bass, just order the K702 from amazon uk, tons cheaper then AU prices.
>>
>>60208382
Your computer can't handle it and you can't hear a difference anyway.

Go 48KHz and, if still an issue, go 16 bit too.
>>
>>60208799
is it the sound card or cpu?
>>
>>60208893
The computer, ofc.

The fulla2 can handle 96KHz 24bit. I'm using it like that right now, on an i7 running Linux.
>>
>>60208382
If you're using Windows 7, you might have better results with Windows 10.

usb audio is known to be shitty on 7.
>>
File: Setup.jpg (3MB, 5437x3517px) Image search: [Google]
Setup.jpg
3MB, 5437x3517px
>>60199082
Hi,

IMO it is as good as my Carat Topaz headphone amp, I also tested the DAC component against my SCHIIT Modi as well as my Carat Topaz DAC for my speakers and it performs well enough. Thinking of selling my Carat Topaz. PIC RELATED (my budget setup at my parents house)
>>
>>60209089
>Carat Topaz
How much? Where you at?
>>
>>60209180
I think I got it for 100 bux on gumtree (AUS CRAIGSLIST) was a pretty sweet deal. I wouldn't mind letting it go as the X6 is good enough for me desu. I would rather invest heavily more into my speaker setups.
>>
>>60209012
no thanks microsoft
>>
>>60206944
Somic MM185 is the same headphone without the detachable cable for $60USD
>>
File: headphones.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
headphones.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>Driver diameter: 50mm
>Impedance: 32Ohm
>Sensitivity: 114dB +/- 3dB
>Frequency range: 20-20KHz
>Mic dimension: 6.0 * 5.0mm
>Mic sensitivity: -34dB +/- 3dB
>Mic impedance: 2.2kohm
>Directivity: Omnidirectional
>LED working voltage: DC5V +/- 5%
>Working current: Below 100mA
>Headset interface: USB (plug the USB connector, LED light is on, unplug, it off) + 3.5mm stereo
>Cable length: Approx. 1.5m

14 USD. Are these specs worth the price?
>>
>>60200703
Invest in gold
>>
>>60208051
K712 is just a bit more expensive, but has better headband, no dots of doom, and more stock baaaas.
>>
>>60205269
Beats have some of the best sound stage I've ever heard.
>>
QUICK!
Give me an IEM under 100 with good neutral sound and build quality
>>
Just bought Plantonics Backbeat Fit bluetooth headphones - does anyone have any negative experiences with them? I've only used them for regular gym use for about 2 weeks.
>>
>>60209351
also I should mention that I need them for playstation vita so the integrated mic is unavoidable.
>>
Looking for closed headphones for office use. Need to keep sound from leaking out, but I'd actually like it if didn't keep outside sounds out too much. Don't know if that's possible

>Budget
Up to around $250 . But I'm flexible in either direction if there's good value for money
>Location
Yuro
>Source
Laptop/desktop/phone
>Type of headphone
Around ears, closed
>Comfort level
Extrenely important
>Sound signature
I don't know. I have hd558 for home use which I have been happy with. But that's not really worth anything as I have no frame of reference. I mainly listen to rock
>Past headphones
Love the comfort of my HD558.

Have tried a friend's M50x. It had far too small cups and isolated too much for my liking (but I do realize that's a price I may have to pay for not leaking)
>>
>>60209386
Base? You meant base right? If so no thanks, I'll take bumps that I can carve off if needs be over an overactive bassy driver
>>60208745
Not sure how the pricing works out as these are shipping from in country. They're an open box of the Quincy Jones signiture:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/akg-q701-premium-class-reference-headphones-quincy-jones-signature-line.12961/
Not that I care about celeb endorsement, I pulled the trigger on the sale when I saw they were sometimes priced around 300 pounds in the UK.
I'll post what they are like when I get the delivery, it's all express courier so hopefully within 72 hrs (considering weekend)
>>
File: trust-gxt363-klapid-2.png (2MB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
trust-gxt363-klapid-2.png
2MB, 2000x1600px
Do you know any guides for replacing ear pads? I'm trying to remove them from my headphones but they won't come off unless I tore the fabric.
Pic related, is the headphones model (GXT 363).
>>
>>60209582
Sorry just realised "bass" isn't base. English as second language can be a bitch.
>>
> tfw my Comply tips looks disgusting
> Too afraid to take them off and clean them with hydrogen peroxide because last time I tried it I ripped the foam from the plastic stem
Seriously these fucknig IEMs grip the comply tips like a virgin boipuccy grips a big dick. It's impossible to get them off without breaking them.
I just clean the big was chunks with my finger and roll like that. You guys think I could get an infection or something? I haven't cleaned them in over a month.
I usually clean my silicon tips once every other week.
>>
>>60209614
Looks like consumer grade gaymer shit. I don't expect any part to be replaceable on these things.
Your best bet is googling to see if anybody has glued some other kind of pads to it but I doubt it.
>>
>>60209672
Weird. All my IEMs drop their tips like a seasoned whore. Also why use such an insane oxidiser? All you need is mild detergent and water. Make sure everything is well dried and reassemble. your ears aren't toxic waste dumps, the wax is there for a reason. Just make sure there isn't a buildup.
>>
>>60209735
I was actually surprised at how tight the fit is. And I did get the recommended size for them (t200)
I've read on multiple sites that hydrogen peroxide is the best way to clean them since you just submerge them in it and the wax falls off on its own. I also read water can damage them in the long run.
>>
>>60209351
>Budget
>Location
>Sound Signature
>On ear, over ear or in ear?
>Open or closed
>Past Headphones
Fill it out and we'll help you whenever we can.
>>
why do i keep getting ear fatigue with my open senheissers?
>>
File: 71DPJ2g5yYL._SL1500_.jpg (166KB, 1500x1160px) Image search: [Google]
71DPJ2g5yYL._SL1500_.jpg
166KB, 1500x1160px
>>60209692
Here is a better zoom, the smooth fabric seems attached to something behind the horn shell, maybe with a circular elastic attached to the new ear pads it could work?
>>
>>60209768
Which model?
>>
>>60209750
Ok, well I'm by no means an expert with headphone technology but store bought HP solution is a SOLUTION in water. This means it's a percentage (usually advertised on the packaging) of HP and the rest is good ole H2O. Detergent does eventually break organics down but if it's only temporary it's pretty safe. Huge chunks of wax are an oddity, do your ears have bees flying around them? You use Qtips every shower yes?
>>
>>60206294
>not overly boosted

in comparison to what? see, this is just your opinion
>>
>>60209754

>Budget
15-20€ shipping included.
>Location
EU
>Sound Signature
Any. As long as it can output at least 13kHz in each ear.
I did a frequency test before and it turned out that I'm deaf above 14kHz.
>On ear, over ear or in ear?
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Past Headphones
Cheap Sony on-ear model, it was bad and it hurt a lot.

I need them for PS Vita so integrated mic is necessary since Vita has no separate mic port.
>>
>>60209950
That's an extremely low budget for those requirements. Anything in that price range is pretty bad, you might have a better time looking into IEM's.
>>
>Budget
~200€
>Location
EU
>Source
Xonar D1 card
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
The best it can get with wearing glasses
>Sound signature
Something for movies/games, less bass than the 990Pro, pref. wide soundstage
>Past headphones
DT990Pro 250 Ohms (falling apart after around 6 years)

For music i have the LCD-2 so no need for best music playback.
HD598 maybe?
>>
>>60209950
Deaf in the top octave is common and not really an issue. Cymbals sound a bit different to you, oh no.
>>
Fulla 2, SMSL M3, DAC-X6 or FiiO E10K?
>>
>>60209802
>>
>>60210098
K712
>>
>>60210262
Either they are poorly equalized, or you only listen to shitty /mu/-tier music.
>>
>>60210515
i have them flat, maybe my computer is doing something wrong
>>
>>60194289
>voltage swing of the amplifier
Output voltage is near constant for any decent external amplifier (O2, E10K, etc.).
>This is further complicated by possible equalization that takes its toll on available voltage and somewhat by the loudness differences in the audio you listen.
Still falls under the "how loud you need them to be" parameter. If you need to make a 10 dB boost, it would require a preamp setting of -10 dB. Increase your desired max SPL from, say, 110 to 120 dB to compensate, which would effectively leave it at 110 dB.
>>
how 2 read frequency response graphs
>>
>>60208343
Ideally or the "audiophile way" would be to keep volume in digital domain at its maximum and adjust the the voltage with the amplifier. For this to work properly the gain structure will have to be suitable for the load. Try that first. If you have an amplifier with switchable gain, use it to compensate if needed. If you feel like the amplifier gain is still excessive, feel free to lower down the volume from the OS. With too much gain you are forced to adjust volume very carefully and only utilize the very beginning of the potentiometer's range. Volume pots always show some level of channel imbalance at high attenuation. The unpractical usage of the pot and potential channel imbalance are much more real problems than slowly creeping up the quantization noise.

>>60210657
>constant
Pretty sure O2 with highest gain is capable of 7 Vrms which is ~2.5 times that's of the E10K. Did you mean that as an average for what seems to be designed for most discrete amps?
>>
>>60211333
I'm saying that the impedance of the headphones is irrelevant to the voltage output of the amps.
This isn't the case for the FiiO E9 for example.
>The E9’s 80 mW into 600 ohms gives: SquareRoot ( 0.080 * 600 ) = 6.9 Vrms which should yield 3 watts at 16 ohms, but the E9 only manages 1 watt or 4 Vrms because a lot of power is lost due to the 10 ohm output impedance.
>>
New Thread:
>>60211887
>>60211887
>>60211887
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.