[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 34

File: 1492492900267.jpg (132KB, 391x311px) Image search: [Google]
1492492900267.jpg
132KB, 391x311px
Thread for questions that shouldn't have their own thread because you're not worth a damn to anyone.
>>
Is something wrong with 4chan servers ?
>>
I accidentally deleted a message thread on my iPhone but the thread still exists on my Mac, any way to export my iMessages from Mac back to my phone?
>>
>>59992439
i noticed some weird shit with pictures, 404ing a lot, something with an is2. in the url
>>
also
>ask your stupid why does my peepee hurt when I see a massive dong questions
>are you a virgin
>>
>>59992439
>>59992513
Chinkmoot created a new image server. Again.
Every time this happens, image loading either breaks or is so slow the site is unusable.

The homepage is incredibly slow, as well.
>>
Looking for laptop recommendations (in canada). Preferred specs:
>15" 1080p display with 97%+ sRGB
>8gb ram, upgradable, with extra ram slot
>at least 500gb HDD, with extra SSD slot
>i7-6700HQ or equivalent
>optional 960m gpu or equivalent

I'm not too concerned about battery life and weight. I need something that durable that will last for 4+ years with good cooling components. I'll primarily use the laptop for editing media files, virtualization/VMs, and app development on the side. My budget is <= 2K CAD and can wait until July to purchase one, in case of upcoming sales.
>>
File: 1472402587776.gif (980KB, 305x320px) Image search: [Google]
1472402587776.gif
980KB, 305x320px
>tfw Java
What's the best framework for building restful web servers? Right now I'm thinking of using Dropwizard or possibly Spring. Does't have to be in Java. Java was not my first choice.
>>
Is there any difference between WD external mybook and mypassport? I'll primarily use them for backup/archiving files and won't be using them that much. Also open to suggestions for external drive alternative with high lifespan.
>>
>>59992577
Ah, that might explain why Cloudflare is telling me the 4chan homepage is offline, yet I can still post on all the boards and read new posts, etc.

Might also explain why the post submit button timer freezes, which makes me have to reload the page to submit a post.
>>
What about:config settings do I need to change to de-botnet Firefox?
>>
How many power on hours/power cycles should one expect on average from 2.5 inch mechanical hard drives in a professional setting?
>>
>>59992376
I overclocked my cpu,and not my internet disconnect when playing game is this correlated or is my NIC being shit?
>>
Installed a legal copy of Windows 7 using the OEM key. Should I activate updates?
>>
>>59993258
Of course, goy
>>
File: hmm.gif (504KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.gif
504KB, 1080x1080px
new gpu has coil whine. old gpu didn't.

my brother has a spare PSU sitting around, is it okay to plug the GPU into his PSU while leaving everything else plugged into my PSU?
>>
>>59993408
Its not recommended. But it will work.
>>
Best file explorer for android?
Preferably FOSS.
>>
>>59992577
fucking hiro srsly

we need to take control over that chink

this is exactly why I need to be rich
>>
>>59992501
something something u r gay macfaggot
>>
Re installing windows, so have to ask, last time I was getting a torrent program, utorrent was the shit to get, but apparently they put a miner in the torrent program and subsequent releases have been lackluster at best or out right untrustworthy at worst, with that said what is the torrent program for windows, qtorrent or is it something else?
>>
File: 1492730402713.png (53KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492730402713.png
53KB, 1920x1080px
I just reinstalled a (pirated) copy of Illustrator 2017 and i'm still suffering from the same issue. Whenever the control panel is docked, its always obscured by this bar regardless of whether its docked at top or at bottom. The only way around it is to have the control panel float freely, but it can get in the way of what I am working on.

My only guess is it has something to do with windows 10's DPI as I've had numerous resolution issues with other programs so far.
>>
>>59993489
Amaze. Buggy sometimes, though. Has all important options including root.
Build in. Works perfectly for basic actions, depends of the ROM.
Terminal emulator. Will always work.
>>
Best way to browse files in GNU/Linux.
Just took i3 meme. Looks nice. Currently using Dolphin on Plasma.

Should I stick to mouse clicking in GUI?
Or maybe "cd ls cd ls cd ls" in terminal?
How most of you manage?
>>
What editor does /g/ use? I can't live without proper code completion. C::B or KDevelop are must. I cannot use even Atom or KWrite.
Yet everyone else are using Vim or Emacs without syntax checking and filename/classname completion.
How is it even possible? Don't you get syntax errors every second line after writing in such basic editors?
>>
DeadDBeeF keeps forgetting my hotkeys. When I check the preferences they're still what I set, they just don't work.
Hitting apply solves the issue, but it never solves the issue. After awhile the keys stop working again, until I hit apply.
>>
>>59992376

Hi, I'm studying for a biochemistry bachelor's degree, and I'd like to change into either software engineering or computer science, because I originally thought that I could contribute to the development of regenerative therapy with a biochemistry degree, but the more I've read into its current development, the more I feel like bioinformatics, which my school doesn't offer, will be the biggest helping hand.

From my understanding, it's much simpler to get into bioinformatics industry or graduate studies with a bachelor of computer science or a bachelor of engineering software specialization ( it may only be a Canadian thing, but software engineering is officially an engineering discipline), as opposed to a bachelor of science, be it biology and variant, or biochemistry.

Therefore, I'd like to know, what are some good ways or resources that I can use to evaluate my potential aptitude in CS or Software Engie? I have never coded before and I don't have any prior knowledge in those fields. And, which of the two would you believe to be more handy when it comes to bioinformatics?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>59992577
Is there even any real reason for him to keep making new image severs? I swear we're gonna have is159 in five years if he keeps this up.
>>
What are some potential reasons for a decent computer running games crappily? I have an r9 280x and an fx 8350 (I know amd lel) but that set up should still be running crappy pixel indie games perfectly.

For instance, enter the gungeon every so often when a boss fires all his projectiles the game will pause for a fraction of a second, almost like lag. In doom (oldschool doom) I get frame drops in intense mods and maps (which yeah there's alot on the screen, but it's doom, other peoples computers with less powerful GPU's run it at a higher frame rate than my computer.

Listen, i'm tech retarded I get it this annoying and you probably get it all the time but any help at all would be appreciated. At this point i'm pretty pissed.
>>
>>59994175
check task manager for things eating cpu/ram
>>
>>59994208
44% RAM use right now browsing 4chan and DS4windows running in the background, does that sound like a memory leak?
>>
>>59994120
Also, some anon told me to focus on SQL and R as programming languages if I decide to pursuit bioinformatics. He also said it's just elaborate data warehousing. I don't mean to offend, but I know almost nothing about these subjects. How valid is his claim?
>>
>>59992501
Right click > send to > ctrl alt del
>>
>>59994208
yeah nothing out of the ordinary, RAM is good, cpu usage is good.
>>
I have access to an xfinity account and started using Apple TV on my iPhone, was looking into a way to stream this to my Computer+TV setup.

Havent found any good methods that stream at a tv/movie watching quality so I was thinking of getting a used Apple TV thing off ebay

Anyone have one and can vouch for it? Curious if I can use it using my mobile LTE data and not wifi
>>
Will my old Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo work with current gen CPUs like the i5 7600K?

I bought the cooler in 2014 and I currently use it on my i5 4690K.
>>
So I switched back to Debian Jessie minimal after using Arch for some years, why does Debian install so many packages? Like, with Arch I had around 800 packages and I was set, I haven't finished installing the software I had on my Arch setup and Debian already has 1320 packages.... Wtf
>>
>>59993150
http://www.logicalincrements.com/firefox/
>>
>>59993739
fucking WOW this has been bugging me for months and all i had to was just undock everything and but it back.
>>
is this a good budget build?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JXbj7h
>>
>>59994749
budget for what?
gaymin?
facebook machine?
streamer?
>>
>>59994752
max/ultra settings, non-competitive gaming and multimedia; 1080p; non-oc.
>>
I've tried everything but I can't get my external drive with Ubuntu (testbox don't judge) to boot on my UEFI computer. Help?
>>
>>59994782
don't need more storage and going to add another 8gb ram in the future
>>
>>59994782
Throw in another stick of 8gb.There is no real reason to not have 16gb now, and with gaming and media playback the extra disk buffer will make things smoother.
Do you already have a big platter to load all your games/media on too? If not grab a 2/3/4/tb drive based on your needs
>>
File: unknown.png (24KB, 354x264px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
24KB, 354x264px
>>59992376
What is this "Album" thing that windows is doing for me after the update and why did it choose a picture of Zuckerberg?

Have I finally been consumed by the botnet?
>>
File: pplicationFrameHost_peep.png (1MB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
pplicationFrameHost_peep.png
1MB, 1920x1040px
>>59994819
What folder even was this?
>>
File: A7514041_ND01.jpg (150KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
A7514041_ND01.jpg
150KB, 960x960px
I want to get a combined USB-A + Ethernet dongle for my laptop, and I was wondering if there was any practical difference between the USB-A plug version
https://www.anker.com/products/A7514041
and the USB-C plug version.
https://www.anker.com/products/A8303041

It's my understanding that the hub must only rely on the power supplied by the one original port it is plugged into. So does that mean the USB-C version, because it is a more advanced port (and I think supplies more power?), would supply more devices with power? I want to plug in a microphone and an amp/dac, and need to make sure both are supplied with enough current.

If they are the same I'd rather just get the USB-A version to keep the one USB-C port on my XPS 15 open for maybe something like a monitor.

Thanks
>>
I don't know if I should ask about this at /wsr/, but I wanna expand my knowledge on PCs so I can get a part-time job as an IT or computer repairman, something of the like.
Where can I learn more? I know a little bit more than the average person, but not much beyond that.
Any books/wikis/etc. you can recommend?
>>
>>59995008
just browse /g/ for a while
>>
How do I enable the console for an Unreal Engine 4 game that doesn't allow it by default? I want to turn off depth of field and I can't do that alone with the config file or in game settings.
>>
>>59992376
I'm new in US and I'm trying to optimize my mail algorithm. Does US ever block a website or a webservice?

In essence, what I'm trying to ask is, is using Yandex reliable in US? I'd like to use it to distribute risk.
>>
>>59994915
A or C should only matter if you're talking about the shape of the port

the laptop bus spec is what determines the data and charge rates
>>
>>59993976
Start with Python or Html/CSS first
>>
>>59992376
#!/bin/sh
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: tightvncserver
# Required-Start:
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Short-Description: start vnc server
# Description:
### END INIT INFO

case “$1” in
start)
su pi -c ‘vncserver :1 -geometry 1600×900 -depth 16 -pixelformat rgb565:’
echo “VNC Started”
;;
stop)
pkill Xtightvnc
echo “VNC Terminated”
;;
*)
echo “Usage: /etc/init.d/tightvnc {start|stop}”
exit 1
;;
esac

this yields error:
/etc/init.d/tightvnc: 22: /etc/init.d/tightvnc: stop}”: not found

this is the second script in a row that ive copy pasted from a guide that gave this error. help?
>>
>>59995047
let me clarify. when running the commands:

sudo /etc/init.d/tightvnc start

sudo /etc/init.d/tightvnc stop
>>
>>59995069
which line is line 22
>>
>>59995036
I know the C port is Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.1 Gen 2, and the usb A ports are 3.0, does that give any more information?
I'm having trouble finding more information on the specifics.
>>
>>59995081
looks like at the bottom of the anker page (first one, couldn't open the 2nd one) it tells you what the hub is capable of
>>
>>59995086
Ah ok, so with 900mA max, I just need to find out what im going to plug into it will draw i guess?
Thanks
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-01-08-22h41m01s111.png (695KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-01-08-22h41m01s111.png
695KB, 1280x720px
Does GPU loopback mode work on internal GPU graphics in win10?

For example, One monitor is connected to on board graphics (intel) an the other monitor connected directly to PCI-e 16x slot graphics c ard (nVidia).

It seems like, when I play 4k content on YT for example, that the 1060 is doing the heavy lifting regardless of which monitor I have it on.

I ask because I thought I could watch vids/espn/etc on one monitor and do gaymen on the other and use both GPU's instead of one.
>>
>>59995112
i think it's a feature of your motherboard.
check for those fancy sounding video features
>>
>>59995069
echo “Usage: /etc/init.d/tightvnc {start|stop}”

is line 22.

I sort of figured it out... apparently the copy and pasted quote symbols ( " ) don't copy right? its retarded. but now im instantly facing a new one where this script is giving me:
vncserver: geometry 1600×900 is invalid
>>
>>59995128
z170 boards support this?
>>
>>59995145
yeah im just confirming that i got it to work, copying and posting scripts doesnt copy the characters over right or something i dont fuckin get why, but i fixed my shit.

word to the wise: retype ur quotes apparently
>>
>>59994743
Thanks
>>
>>59995157
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPU_switching
>>
File: 1473085883387.jpg (39KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1473085883387.jpg
39KB, 510x346px
What's the fastest way to rip .mp3s off youtube in Android? Besides using those dedicated converter sites.
My usual script doesn't work in Firefox mobile.
>>
File: eevees.png (4KB, 320x120px) Image search: [Google]
eevees.png
4KB, 320x120px
>>59992376
So I'm on a Mac right now, I needed to get FL studio, it's the only DAW I know how to use (so sue me). I want to move my old files from my windows computer and I found out that they ARE the same on here. However, when I got FL, I installed 11? I wanted to get 12 cause I was told that 12 was built specifically for Mac.

I wanted to transfer my files over to my mac folders, they are designed to look like I guess windows 98? So when I tried, it wouldn't transfer over like they are embeded in the program and no like some local file system. Is it possible to move them to it to work? I really want my files on here if possible.

>Why are you on a mac if you're trying to get this to work?

My windows PC's mother board dieded on me. RIP
>>
File: 1475846708206.jpg (148KB, 1243x423px) Image search: [Google]
1475846708206.jpg
148KB, 1243x423px
Is Pascal a decent language to start with?
>>
>>59995216
Thanks.
>>
Can I safely live on dry cat food and water for the next week and a half until I get paid? Money's tight at the moment. I also have a decent supply of One a Day vitamins to supplement.
>>
Are IDE's reliable for testing things out or should I compile instead?
If I do compile does it effect other things if intentionally programmed to do so?
>>
>>59995263
>vitamins
No.
>>
>>59995263
I mean, food is food, but isn't that more expensive per pound than ramen?
>>
>Stupid Questions Thread
Alright, can I just backup my Linux installation with a cp /* command to an external hard drive. Then wipe my drive, remake partitions and cp it back on?
I left 40 GB of extra space so I can install Mac OS X after I finish Linux but Apple is so fucking retarded they don't let me create a new partition out of the free space and format it to Mac OS X Journaled. I just was only Linux now.
>>
>>59995263
rice and beans
>>
>>59995263
Even just water fasting for that long probably wouldn't have any serious health consequences, provided you're already relatively healthy. I'd say it's probably okay.
>>
>>59995305
just resize the partitions and filesystem guy
>>
What is this downloading ram joke? Do people actually try this?
>>
>>59995305
Why not dd? It's meant to be used for these. And after it just modify the partition table and extend pieces you want.
>>
Where are some good resources to self-learn a bit of programming to see if you'll like it in university?
>>
>>59995317
Back in the day "optimizers" that would claim to increase your CPU speed or RAM with some magic algorithm were ridiculously common. I'm sure some people believed the bullshit.
>>
>>59995316
>>59995320
Forgot to mention, it is encrypted. Is it still that easy?
>>
>>59995323
So newcomers fell for Trojan memes.
>>
>>59995322
Just pick a language and check out the official docs and tutorials for it. https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html for example if you want to try Python. Java also has pretty good tutorials on their official site and often is recommended for beginners.
>>
>>59995332
>Forgot to mention, it is encrypted. Is it still that easy?
I never said it was going to be easy, guy!
just make sure you do it in the order of layers (i.e partition, then encryption, then filesystem)
>>
>>59995332
As long as you can properly mount it while backing up and restoring I don't think it will be an issue.
>>
how powerful is a cherry trail atom? I currently run an sandybridge i5 m
what's a way to get an idea?
>>
>>59995340
Alright, thanks mate. I can do that even if I don't know anything about programming right?
>>
>>59995381
Depends on how quick you are at picking up this kind of stuff. I would say the Java tutorial is a bit more geared towards someone with no programming experience than the Python one is though, after taking a very brief glance at both.
>>
>>59995408
Okay, I'll start with Java. Is it easier to pick up another programming language after you've learned one extensively? Thank you for your patience with my noob questions.
>>
>>59993918
For a gui fine manager, I like Thunar. Note: doesn't have icons by default if you're doing something like an arch install or a server Ubuntu/Debian install, so I usually use lxappearance to get those. Sounds like you're coming from KDE though so you might have icons out of the box.

Other people like pcmanfm instead. Matter of taste. Try both.

As for terminal file managers I thought they were a huge meme for a long time but I've started to seriously use ranger much more than thunar the past few months. Ranger is great for exploration and discovery in a file system because vim navigation and no need to ls after every movement, but I haven't really learned enough of its more interesting abilities yet. I can change file permissions from it, I can use the built in "go to ~, /etc, and /" shortcuts, I can hide and display hidden files - but for anything more complicated, I hit S to drop to a shell in that folder, do my business, and type exit to quit back into ranger.

Also you can click in it. Also you can set it up to preview images and things.
>>
>>59992376
where can i buy a comcast friendly modem that isnt a colossal piece of shit?
>>
What distro does /g/ recommend for a home server? I'm looking to have a seed box, ftp and maybe a game server or two
>>
>>59995478
Any of them
>>
>>59995478
anything that can run
>seed box
transmission
>ftp
vsftpd
>game server
lol i dunno
>>
>>59995478
debian
>>
How do I change the name/title of a new modeless form when I open it with a click event in VB?
>>
File: IMAG3748.jpg (3MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG3748.jpg
3MB, 5376x3024px
The last few times I've tried turning on my computer, I see this glitchy pixelated mess after the Windows logo pops up, and after a little while my monitor just turns off.

What's your diagnosis, /g/?
>>
>>59995772
try a different monitor
>>
>>59995772
Sounds like video card and cables work, so most likely drivers are fucked.
>>
Is Ruby on Rails something ideal to learn in a short amount of time to make some money?

I want to start freelancing and making some side cash and I've heard Ruby is a pretty understandable programming language. I've got 3 months free (entirely free) to learn something. Wat do?
>>
File: 1492577222373.gif (2MB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
1492577222373.gif
2MB, 700x714px
CCNA OR CCENT certs?
>>
>>59995439
Euauaghgh I'm not who originally responded to you, but I would start with Python, not Java. It's less verbose (no variable declarations, no scoping braces, no semicolons), more intuitive syntax (the for loops are great), friendlier basic data structures (Python lists are much easier to work with than Java arrays; yeah Java has ArrayLists but ugh, you have to import them.. also Python dictionaries are beautiful), an interactive interpreter that allow you to try little snippets of code (because Python is interpreted, not compiled like Java - compiling is another step to figure out), etc.

>Java
public class HelloWorld {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello, World");
}
}

>Python
#!/usr/bin/python3
print("Hello, World")

Need one say more?

There's a free online "course" from MIT for learning python that I've heard is quite good. Learn Python the Hard Way used to be THE go to newbie resource (though keep in mind that its author, Zed Shaw, is a crotchety opinionated old dude that advocates strongly against Python 3. Ignore his rants on that subject. You can follow his examples with Python 3 as long as you are aware of what you're doing and are ok with mild googling if something doesn't work. You can follow his examples with Python 2.7 if you want to play it safe while learning a new thing. But use Python 3 for all your new projects for Christ's sake.)

This is not to say Java is a bad language. All the stuff in that hello world is there for good reason and makes things nice and explicit. But on your first day of programming, you don't need to know about the difference between defining a static method in a class as public or private. Python keeps the syntax simple so concepts can be learned quickly and code can be written fast. Java has more syntax and as a result can be more confusing at first and slower to write, but has less type bugs, enforceable public/private methods, etc.
>>
anybody know of a reverse remote desktop protocol for windows that runs in userspace?

i want to control my computer that is at work from somewhere else but of course there is a firewall and NAT preventing me from initiating the connection from an external source. I don't have administrator access either so it must be unprivileged.

i imagine it's something that creates a TCP connection from inside that remains alive until requested

anybody know of anything like that?
>>
>>59995461
How fast do your interwebs go?
>>
Currently running Debian for my mail server and Ubuntu for my webserver. Everything is running great, currently thinking using CentOS for my new server and switch both of them. So should I?
>>
>>59992376
Does normal vagina discharge turn into a very visible crusty yellow? Serious.
>>
>>59995369
Think somewhere around 1/5 to a quarter of the power.
>>
>>59995843

Thank you, you magnificent wizard, I don't know half of the coding terms you mentioned, but, I'm saving that whole post and will use it as a guide as I go along with the material you suggested. It does make sense to start with a more intuitive language first, I'll do that and take a look at those two sources.
>>
>>59995873
>I don't have administrator access
Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
>>
why don't people talk (or shitpost) about technology such as air conditioners and CCTV setups

I understand /g/ is full of smelly neckbeards but I am pretty sure you're not POOR smelly neckbeards and at some point in your lives you have been interested in knowing about these things like me
>>
My friend sold his PS4 and he is now building a gayming PC. Should I install 7 or 10 on it? He wants to play the latest games and probably doesn't give a fuck about privacy, but I have zero Windows 10 knowledge so I would have to learn how to install and activate it. So, 7 or 10?
>>
How is account hacking still a thing in 2017? Since most credible websites have a limit to how many times you can enter your password (usually after 5-10 attempts they lock your account) you can't simply run a word dictionary like in the past, right?

I would think it's a lot harder now than say, 5 or 10 years ago.
>>
>>59992376
How to make prolonged computer usage easier on the eyes? Does those pale brown lenses help?
>>
>>59996094
To be clear: it would be easy for me to just install 7 on it, but I don't know if it support the latest games. His setup is a i5 7400 and a 1060 if it matters.
>>
>>59996118
you could use 'Flux', might be useful. it's a program that adjusts your monitor's colors to whether it's day or night.
>>
Friend and I are talking about making games for Android/IOS
I told him that a paid version of a game on Android would be cracked in a week, which is why we should make in game transactions.

He says that IGT's are cancer cause he hates them. I told him that since the creation of Pokemon Go that that company has been getting better and better.

So /g/ what is better?
A. In Game Transaction
B. Paid version
>>
>>59996154
Alright, I'll give it a try. I was thinking maybe somehow making all the white background grayer would help.
>>
>>59996203
yeah something like that, apparently these lighting adjustment programs/apps usually get rid of the 'blue light' component on displays to make people able to sleep easier.

http://www.androidcentral.com/try-blue-light-filter-your-phone-or-tablet-your-eyes-will-thank-you
>>
>>59996130
Windows 10 "just werks" and plays all modern games. Windows 7 isn't massively hard to set up with guides, but microsoft does their best to make it a pain. Just give him 10 and he can't blame you if something goes wrong.
>>
>>59996231
About time, I'll test it. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>59996169
>Is it shit?
IGT
>Is it a product people are willing to pay money for
Paid version
>>
>>59992376
Will going through a college level CS program give you a solid programming foundation? Assuming one doesn't fuck around.
>>
posting my stupid question here as well
>>59996721
>>
>>59995249
No.
C or Python.
But as always, it depends on what you want to do.
>>
File: 6fbayh[1].png (44KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
6fbayh[1].png
44KB, 265x265px
If I install a Whatsapp mod such as GBWhatsapp Will pajeet read my chats? Are there any risks?
>>
Can you buy just a W7 product key? No disc or anything with it, just the key.
>>
>>59996844
kinguin.
>>
>>59992376
am i shadowbanned
>>
File: wallhaven-449961.jpg (559KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-449961.jpg
559KB, 1280x1920px
Can someone post that infographic of ~100 code projects / problems? I have it saved somewhere but it'll take me forever to find it. And has anyone made a webdev version of it?
>>
I need to multiclient a DX9 game on Windows using VM

Hyper-V, Virtual Box, or VMWare?
>>
I wonder if I should stick with Windows 10 or go back to Windows 7.
My laptop feels okay but sometimes I wonder if I would gain more performance with going back to Win7.
Specs for my laptop is i5 2410m and gt555m
>>
If Qubes is based on Fedora, is there a Debian-based equivalent?

>>59997319
dx12 on win 10 has been underwhelming, or so I hear
>>
Now Wunderlist is gonna get replaced, what's a good alternative?

Preferrably foss, but autosyncing is more important.
>>
>>59997322
>dx12 on win 10 has been underwhelming, or so I hear

Indeed and I am not really a gamer. I just want to have more stable performance as sometimes it feels like my PC is sluggish even with a SSD.
>>
>>59997333
checked

Oh, I didn't read that you weren't gaming. Maybe go around and start disabling services? uninstall bloatware?
>>
>>59997361
I have no bloatware installed. It's pretty much fresh, as in nothing bad is running and starting up.
>>
>>59997279
If you're using 8/10 pro all around, Hyper-v
>>
>>59997369
If you did an upgrade directly from 7, clean install. And disable any unnecessary startup services. There are guides around. 7 really isn't lighter than 10, and 10 improves memory efficiency.
>>
Whats a legit Windows key activator? I torrented the Enterprise edition and i want to customize the start screen
>>
>>59997402
I did a clean install with Windows 10 Education version from University.
>>
>>59997407
Your hardware isn't powerful. If it's giving you pains, upgrade or go linux.
>>
>>59997421
Yeah I figured. The laptop is pretty old, the i5 2410m and gt555m served me very well.
>>
>>59997426
Sandy bridge was a good year. Next time around I'd go integrated graphics, save yourself the money and battery.
>>
>>59992585
http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-rog-gl553vd-i7-7700hq-16gb-2f-138420.htm?promoid=1500
ncix always ships in canada
>>
>>59997438
Well I got the laptop pretty cheap and it was the only one with 1080p for the price of measly 599€
>>
File: 1367271425773.png (16KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1367271425773.png
16KB, 400x200px
Any website otehr than torrentfreak that reviews/tests VPN services?
>>
>>59997449
Yeah, I don't know how if I could handle buying electronics in Europe or, god forbid, Australia
>>
>>59997452
Not really. It's mostly about making BS that sounds good, and that's their specialty. Not that they're particularly untrustworthy, it's just VPNs can make up whatever shit they want, and nobody can verify 90% of it.
>>
>>59997496
You mean stuff like "We don't keep logs" and "We reject court orders"
I could imagine how they'd be able to BS about that
I'd just be interested in any manner of analysis other than torrentfreak just asking questions
>>
>>59997405
Can i get a reply por favor
>>
>>59993682
I'd say PicoTorrent if you like minimalism.
>>
Am I safe from M$ spyware on Windows 8.1? I remember reading about Microsoft retroactively updating Windows 7 and 8 to have the similar telemetry stuff as Win10.
>>
>>59997550
they stick telemetry updates in the roll-up updates and in updates, but it can be avoided
>>
>>59997512
Yeah, nobody's going to buy a years subscription to 50 different torrent services and run round the clock network analysis on all of them from separate connections. The reviews that you do get are sporadic and highly subjective. Down time tends to come and go, so it largely depends on when they decided to do the test. You're welcome to dig around on forums, but it's real hit or miss, and a lot of the reviews are people getting paid off or straight up company employees posing as users.
>>
>>59995239
Use Telegram with Youtube Audio Dowloader.
Downloads the audio as .m4a tough but works pretty good.
>>
>>59997560
Is there a list of updates to remove / not install?
>>
>>59997560
>it can be avoided
I doubt it, since they dropped support for individual updates.

>>59997614
http://techne.alaya.net/?p=12499
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/goto/post?id=2545330#post-2545330
>>
Why is google a bad (useful for most things but seemingly limited) search engine?

>>59997440
>>
>>59997614
Somewhat, but people maintaining lists tend to get tired of maintaining them for future updates

>>59997644
>they dropped support for individual updates.
how so? I mean you can't remove individual updates from the rollups if that's what you mean

>>59997655
google bubble
tracking
some people prefer anonymity
>>
>>59997664
There are no individual updates since October. 90% of shit is only released in the cumulative updates. It's all or nothing.
>>
>>59992376
How does one patch KDE2 under FreeBSD?
>>
What's the expected behaviour when y-cruncher runs out of memory? I guess it should start swapping and eventually termination of calculation process and failure notice in ui, not a bsod / complete system lockup (in Linux), right?

My new system with 8GB ram total is occasionally going bsod and one of the guaranteed ways to trigger it is to run y-cruncher with over 6GB memory allowed
At 5GB it's stable for hours, 6GB is borderline, 7GB causes near-immediate bsod after allocating memory.
Running some other memory hog before y-cruncher accordingly alters the required memory to crash.
memtest, occt psu, aida cpu+memory stress are stable for 12+ hours.
>>
>>59997681
So to avoid the botnet I just have to stop doing updates completely?
>>
>>59997815
>>>/a/
>>
>>59997888
I'd recommend linux, but that helps too. You can get security only updates if you want to stay out of the literal botnets.
>>
Why do I have 'cast' options on certain apps on my phone that have my PC as an option to cast to? I've tried casting to it and it does nothing but why is my PC discoverable in the first place? I thought I had it locked down to not even be able to see its name but apparently not. I don't share the connection or anything and don't do any sort of casting or streaming.
>>
File: meeeeeeee.jpg (95KB, 640x670px) Image search: [Google]
meeeeeeee.jpg
95KB, 640x670px
So I have a dynamic IP.
I can change it just by logging into my router and renewing it.

But sometimes 4chan checks this and I get that "ban evasion" message.

What exactly is happening here? What is 4chan code checking for?

I can avoid this by simply using a different browser but how can I avoid this ban evasion shit in the browser I use?

Before you ask, no, I don't shitpost constantly and I rarely get banned, when I do it's for dumb mod abuse shit.
>>
I have a router that supports connecting a USB device to it for network accessible storage.
I'd like to use this as a quick backup solution that is accessible everywhere (static ip) for like 2GB of data.

How do I know there are no really simple exploits/backdoors for that router model that make my backups world-readable?
>>
>>59998055
Your PC is probably running some ARP service or whatever, iTunes for example does this by itself
>>
Is it possible that my monitor is getting brighter and brighter?
its a pretty new one bought it last summer aoc g2460pg
basically theres 3 gamma options and at first i was using the brightest then the middle then the least bright and it still looks brighter and washed out colors
or is it my eyes
>>
Whats a good flight simulator? Also should I buy any extra hardware or will keyboard and mouse do?
Whats a good way for a chap studying computer science to make money while in college?
>>
>>59998166
You don't, all you can do is encrypt everything.
>>
>>59998143
clear cookies? I'm not sure
>>
What exactly is i3wm? Am I supposed to install it above KDE or is it is own DE? ( I know its a docking window manager and all that)
>>
Is there a way to revert firefox'es search bar to it's v.47 state (url and title one under another, instead of side by side), except for classic theme restorer?

Last time I checked, there weren't, and CTR is pure fucking garbage (who the fuck have thought that enabling EVERYTHING by default is a good idea?)
>>
Does terry davis still stream? if so where?
>>
Is star citizen a meme?
>>
>>59998177
Doesn't look like it, might be a windows explorer process actually.
>>
File: badger.png (30KB, 1159x843px) Image search: [Google]
badger.png
30KB, 1159x843px
Is Privacy Badger reliable?
>>
>>59998385
Compared to what? For what?
>>
Why does my phone's fucking data only work when I hold it in my hand at an uncomfortable angle? This is of course only in poor coverage areas but you could literally put it on a table at the same height I hold it at and it won't work. Have to be holding it.
>>
Using Arch linux right now, I'm playing music with smplayer. I have just a few songs that are much quieter than the rest of my music. I can temporarily increase the volume of the system with alsamixer, but I'm looking to permanently increase the volume of only those songs, so that upon opening they are equalized. Wat do?
>>
Why is stealing a sin? Does God care that much about people's material belongings that he had to waste one of his only ten commandments just to protect people's stuff from one another?
>>
>>59998426
Actually it may be because I'm holding it upright and it's flat on a table.
>>
>>59998457
Different religions have different ideas about why the rules are what they are. Go ask on
>>>/x/
>>
>>59998479
I don't think mainstream religions really qualify as "paranormal" though... Wouldn't /sci/ be more appropriate?
>>
>>59998328
>>>/v/

>>59998300
it happens, there's usually a thread about it when he does

>>59998282
i3wm
wm stands for Windows Manager.
a DE (desktop environment) is basically a windows manager + other components like a task bar, a menu, extensions, plugins, etc.

In some DE you can modify the default WM for another one.
see : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE#Using_an_alternative_window_manager

>>59998261
>Whats a good flight simulator? Also should I buy any extra hardware or will keyboard and mouse do?
>>>/v/
>Whats a good way for a chap studying computer science to make money while in college?
Depends on the country you are in. In mine you wouldn't be able to do much things. I heard a few guys making some money by coding a website or two, but most of the time it's just working during the weekend or after school on store.

>But sometimes 4chan checks this and I get that "ban evasion" message.
4chan set a cookie that store your current IP. If you have a new IP and still have this cookie, 4chan assumes you are trying to do a ban evasion.
>>
>>59998398
I want privacy from my ISP
>>
>>59998282
you just install it and run it. you dont run it on top of another desktop environment
>>
>>59998456
audacity
>>
>>59998385
https://prism-break.org/en/projects/privacy-badger/
Yes, but you might want to use it on top of other add ons.
>>
>>59998491
You want to put a discussion about comparative religion under "science and math"? Anyway I didn't make the boards. Religion mostly ends up in /x/
>>
>>59998493
Nah, wont do jack shit for that.
>>
>>59998261

X-Plane is nice, modern and has really cool features but a lot of people still prefer old FSX, which has loads of great add-ons and is a little more user friendly.

The old Microsoft Flight Simulator X is still in use and may still be the most popular, if you go that route get the Steam version because it's been configured better to run with today's hardware and Windows versions.
Even better you can also look into Prepar3d.
Lockheed Martin bought rights to Microsoft FSX to screw around with and keep it going, they have some weird licensing agreements that determine pricing but it seems to be just a formality they don't really care about to meet their agreements with Microsoft, as student you can just get the student license anyway.

You really need a joystick or yoke, and with built in or separate throttle lever to have a good experience.
Trying to fly around with the mouse and keyboard is total ass.
>>
im trying to get off the microsoft ride and i would really appreciate a little spoon feeding. How can check most popular distros technical details(kernel, number of packages, package manager) in a simple spreadsheet kind of site?

if youd like to really do my job for me im looking for a distro that is running the latest linux kernel possible(not buzzwording thats what my hardware requires), could do well in 4 gb ram, and a package manager that is absolutely flawless and wont make deal with stupid things like ive seen on arch memes.
>>
>>59998555
disrowatch has the most organized collection of stats. Arch is a poor fit for 99% of people. Just install ubuntu with your DE of choice. And don't worry about getting bleeding edge updates. It's not worth it. You can set packages for any drivers you need to fastrack.
>>
>>59998597
the problem is i only have a single computer and ubuntu live usb i tried did not even managed to initialize my keyboard. i learned that newest kernel supports surface keyboard/touchpad/touchscreen but i don't know how to patch kernel of a live distribution from windows host. possibly because its impossible?
>>
>>59998537
thanks, anon
looks like all of them have linux versions too, cool
Never used a joystick before, which one would you recommend?
>>
>>59998649
Use external peripherals while you're installing.
>>
File: download.png (245KB, 1347x449px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
245KB, 1347x449px
>>59992376
I asked this on /wsr/ but none could help.
I've got some work to do involving the Best Buy API page. I need a key, but Best Buy doesn't accept most free emails (gmail, outlook, etc), or educational .edu emails.
Could someone help me get a key? Preferably if I could find somewhere where I can make a working email, or a useless email account to hold the key, that'd be great, but if there's just a key, that's fine too.
>just use sharklasers
Temporary email services (or at least the few that I tried) don't seem to work. But I do know a distinct email like [email protected] would probably work.

https://developer.bestbuy.com/
>>
>>59998535
would a vpn work for that?
>>
File: saitek proflight.jpg (52KB, 970x300px) Image search: [Google]
saitek proflight.jpg
52KB, 970x300px
>>59998659

The Thrustmaster T.Flight is a nice setup for $50.
I used the Saitek X-52 for years, it's a little more pricey but is really great, had the Logitech Extreme 3D and Microsoft Sidewinder before that which are both nice but the Sidewinder had a nicer throttle lever.
I have most of the Saitek Pro Flight yoke set up now with rudder pedals and avionics.
All depends on what you want to spend.
Pretty much everything over $30 is smooth enough and with some sort of throttle lever (because trying to control the throttle with the keyboard is horrible) and stick rotation for rudder and steering on the ground which are also horrible trying to control with the keyboard.
>>
>>59998851

yes, but then your vpn provider can see everything you do
>>
File: emllNZj.png (587KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
emllNZj.png
587KB, 640x640px
Would it be dumb to buy a GTX 1080 right now?

I am aware Vega is due to release in a couple months but I won't buy it regardless of the performance because reasons.

However, will there be a price drop for Nvidia when Vega releases?
>>
>>59998851
Yeah, although you're then trusting the VPN with all your internet traffic, and there's really no oversight or laws to govern what they do with your information. They could straight up bulk sell all your data to the highest bidder or use it to train russian hackers and you'd never know. It probably wouldn't even be illegal.
>>
>>59998851
no, there is no way to stay hidden from your ISP
>>
>>59998898
>They could straight up bulk sell all your data to the highest bidder or use it to train russian hackers and you'd never know.
What if you find a legit VPN like privateinternetaccess?
>>
>>59998555

fedora has vanilla kernel repos which has access to mainline kernels which are testing/release candidates, but if you don't care for that then the stock fedora kernels (stable) are pretty recent

fedora lacks nonfree packages so you have to use rpmfusion which sometimes lacks stuff but if you're on nvidia it should be fine
>>
>>59998906
if you were with an encrtyped vpn, they couldn't see shit
>>
>>59993918
Spacefm and ranger are nice
>>
>>59998915
Who says they're 'legit'? What does that even mean? Just because they make more money and have more users doesn't mean they're under any obligation not to be dicks. You're handing them your money and your data. They can do whatever they want with either.
>>
>>59998966
If they straight up tell you they will not sell your data, and they turn around and sell your data, then you can sue them.

Or rather, some lawyer looking to make a quick buck can set up a class action suit. Why would they risk this, not to mention take a huge hit to their own credibility, just to skim a bit of chump change off the top of their already lucrative business model?
>>
>>59998986
>If they straight up tell you they will not sell your data, and they turn around and sell your data, then you can sue them.
What if they are actually government front?
>>
>>59998986
>If they straight up tell you they will not sell your data, and they turn around and sell your data, then you can sue them.
THIS
Plebs in this thread don't understand fraud laws.
>>
HOLY SHIT 60 MIL GET COMING SOON
>>
>>59998986
Because they have no reason to care. You'll never find out in a million years what they do with your data, or who they're associated with, or usually who even set up the business. People often trust shit based on how much money it costs. There are guaranteed to be services that charge money just because it makes people feel more at ease. And people turn to these services specifically to try to avoid legal oversight. That works both ways.
>>
How do I set my own ISP for privacy?
>>
>>59999036
Then why give a shit? The government can already get whatever data they want without it being sold to them.
>>59999068
It's a matter of risk/reward, though. Why risk compromising an already successful, multi-billion dollar business just because you could potentially earn a bit more money? It's not even about how likely you are to get caught, even introducing that possibility into the equation is not worth it.
>>
And anyway you have to keep in mind that a company would be fucking stupid to assume in this day and age that nothing would get leaked anywhere in the chain. This stuff always gets out eventually.
>>
>>59999054
>Plebs in this thread don't understand fraud laws

Thing is, everyone suggests using a VPN in some buttfuck country where you have a snowball's chance in hell of suing anybody.
>>
I was considering getting into front-end developing but I have a question: are you allowed to copy someone else's code from CodePen just like that? Isn't this considered plagiarism?
>>
>>59999087
>Why risk compromising an already successful, multi-billion dollar business

For the fuck of it dude. Legit businesses have risked way more for practically no reason. And I think you're way overestimating how much cash most of them make. Any of these guys could go full McAfee mode and nobody would know. We're talking about a business built around taking pride in "keeping no records". They're all about no oversight. It would be extremely difficult to trace any wrongdoing to even the domestic ones, let alone any of the servers/companies overseas. You'd never get anywhere near a successful prosecution. It's like putting your faith in bitcoin exchanges and then being surprised they've been skimming people's cash for 5 years.
>>
>>59999182
read their fucking website, tard
>>
>>59998864
thanks mate
>>
>>59999061
Very soon.
>>60000000
>>
File: 1492780953361.jpg (70KB, 529x969px) Image search: [Google]
1492780953361.jpg
70KB, 529x969px
>>59992376
For UK-senpais: Hyperoptic fibre optic broaband 1GB, 100MB, or 20MB?

I'm think 100MB might be the sweet spot.
>>
what would be better for a gaming pc, a Samsung 850 ssd, or one of those little m.2 drives. How different are they speed wise?
>>
>>59999317
Right, I should have checked there first. Silly me.
>>
>>59999773
1GB is overkill for most people. I wouldn't pay 2X for 100, but if you've got multiple people using it or you download a lot it's nice. Also check upload. More important than you think.
>>
>>60000000
>>
>>59999899
Damn, check out my get.
>>
>>59999809
m.2 doesn't guarantee better speeds, just like with usb3 and flashdrives. For gaming you shouldn't notice any difference even with the ludicrously fast drives. If you've got a lot of cash just get a big one so you don't have to stick as much on an HDD.
>>
>>59999936
> Also check upload.
Good point, thank you.

It's for an hotel room, that will have customers at times (business types) that might expect more than bog standard broadband speeds.
>>
>>60000035
So close annon. But no love.

>>60000000
Mother Fucker.
>>
>>60000072
thanks anon
>>
>>59999999
>>
>>60000079
If you're not splitting it over more than 1-2 rooms they probably wont care. That's enough for a couple FHD streams and some browsing. Although if you go that route I'd look for a router that supports SQM QOS. Really helps if people try to do too much shit at once.
>>
File: 1476983543387.jpg (125KB, 523x387px) Image search: [Google]
1476983543387.jpg
125KB, 523x387px
Is 1440 60 better than 120hz at 1080 for vidya?

Pretty sure we aren't at the physical point that 1440 at 120 is possible without knocking down a lot of settings.
>>
>>59994120
Sorry mate, can't help but bumping you
>>
How do I enable the internet on Ubuntu?
>>
>>60000563
wired or wireless? check top right
dsl? wifi?
>>
>>60000587
Both. Not working. Do I need drivers? If so how do I get them without internet :/
>>
>>60000247
So even the 20MB option might be enough?
>>
>>60000647
I don't know what their expectations are, but I have a hard time imagining what they would be doing on hotel wifi that would strain it that hard, unless they're accessing a lot of files over VPNs. I bet it wouldn't be hard to upgrade if you need to. Maybe have the router do a simple log to see how often people max it out.
>>
>>60000735
>Maybe have the router do a simple log to see how often people max it out.
Excellent advice, will do, thank you.
>>
Have anyeone created some kind of algorithm that would conver any non-mobile-friendly website into mobile-friendly? And I mean it as automatically.
>>
>>60000509
Don't fucking do it
>>
>>60000509
It is, it just requires you to spend a lot more on your GPU. It's really a personal preference, and also depends on the game you're playing and the size of the screen.
>>
>>60000615
no, no drivers.
you created a new connection and added the username/password your isp gave, right?
>>
>>60000853
>>
File: 1476983806474.jpg (193KB, 523x374px) Image search: [Google]
1476983806474.jpg
193KB, 523x374px
>>60000844
Do what anon?

>>60000846
Yeah but 1440p 120 wouldn't last too many years. Well...not at high settings anyway.

I guess if you could afford one or the other, which would you go for?

It's hard to really generalize preference if you've never experienced either really.
>>
>>60000874
.. you have to click on the newly created wired connection to make it active (I assume you know that but some OSs does it automatically Ubuntu doesn't if I recall correctly)
can you upload a pic
>>
How do I boot to safe mode on Win8.1 when I can't boot into Windows at all? Something went wrong installing the GPU drivers and my display just says "no signal detected" past the bios screen. Need to get in to safe mode to uninstall the drivers.
>>
>>60000930
A pic of what?
Also my mistake, it says connection established when I click on "Auto Ethernet" but still nothing works.
For wifi it tries connecting but fails.
>>
>>60000917
Personally I'd go for 1440p on a 27" screen. Makes shit look good, gives you a ton of real estate for everything, in game and out. If you don't mind relegating online FPS to a second screen, consider IPS. Makes everything pretty as fuck and doesn't add $200 to your graphics card.
>>
Why does 1x8 GB DDR4 RAM => 3200MHz not exist?
>>
can anyone explain the difference between ;set and ;export when applied to terminal commands?

for example

groups *insertyourusernamehere*;export

vs

groups *insertyourusernamhere*;set
>>
>>59996259
Thanks, will do it
>>
>>60001014
What do you mean with the second screen?

Like play single player games on the 1440p screen and then online ones on something else?
>>
>>59994164
Presumably he's trying to lower the 4chan Kikeflare bills by offloading images to shit-tier servers everywhere. Just look at the IP addresses behind is.4chan.org, it's all Canadian OVH hosts for me.
>>
>>60000965
Anyone? F8 or shift+F8 doesn't seem to work.
>>
Which adblock do I install for Android?
I'm sick of these popups, redirects and these fucking shit full screen ads.
I'll root for it.
>>
>>60001316
Yeah. Online First person shooters are really the only thing where response time can really hurt. You add it on top of ping and it can make it a bit hard to get a headshot.
>>
>>60001678
adaway
>>
>>60001697
It doesn't block any. Am I missing something?
>>
>>60001747
Sounds like you haven't rooted yet
>>
>>59998864
Does the Saitek have force feedback.

I remember using the original sidewinder, and it would really push back at you when you landed or with turbulence?
>>
I went to Best Buy to get a sd card but found out they marked down a six-core Mac Pro to $1500. It has 16GB of ram but can still be upgraded to 32.

Would it be worth it?
>>
>>60002046
No 16 should be good enough
>>
How come it takes my microwave longer to cook something when I set it to 99 seconds than it does when I set it to 100 seconds?
>>
>>60002081
Sorry I meant would it be worth buying the computer for that price.
>>
>>60002108
Because when you enter 99, it interprets it as 99 seconds. 100 is 1 minute.
>>
File: registration.png (115KB, 1004x603px) Image search: [Google]
registration.png
115KB, 1004x603px
As I've already posted here >>60001924 I've incurred into a sort of captcha trying to register to a Chinese forum.

The fields are:
Username
Password
Password
Email
验证问题 (problem to solve)

Maybe someone with experience with such electrical diagrams can help me put something into that field.

Thank you in advance.
>>
>>60002194
Nice try, bot. If you want to convince the asians you're human you'll have to try harder than that.
>>
>>60002163
Whoa, you're blowing my mind here
>>
File: 1464600476813.png (20KB, 239x441px) Image search: [Google]
1464600476813.png
20KB, 239x441px
>>60002223
>>
>>60002223
>>60002163
>>60002108
>not learning the micro wave time conversions
>>
>>60002222
Bot detector gets quads and trips! Nice!
>>
Hey guys my local thrift store has
>pic related
>apc backup ups 1500va

for 100 bucks, is it a good deal?
>>
What would be a good audio equipment to listen to music ?
I listen to a lot of music (funk, jazz, hip hop, classical...)
I don't know a lot about audio stuff.
Any guide about how to pick good stuff ?
>>
I just want to play this Ragnarok Online private server with Wine, is there like a M E G A P A C K of runtimes/dependencies/fuckingwhatever that I can fling at the wall and will definitely make it run?
>>
>>60002222
>>60002322
p-pls.

I'm not a bot, I swear on my FAMILY MEMBER HERE
>>
How is tempered glass supposed to protect my phone screen when it falls? Is it placeboo?
>>
>>60002326
Battery is probably dead for that price.
>>
>>60002194
>>>/diy/
>>
laptops.specout.com/l/7450/Aspire-E-E5-575G-53VG
Is this a good laptop? And would I be able to connect an external monitor to it?
>>
>>60002586
ah true, yeah, i will stay away.
>>
>>60002513
If it doesn't work out the box you could try crossover
>>
>>60000001
>>
SOS anyone have a link to that awful connect 4 code that was posted a couple days ago? It had an if statement for every possible configuration of the game?
>>
Anyone here use a password manager? My critical passwords (PayPal and email linked to PP) are 64 characters and randomly generated (random.org string generator and a random cobbling together of a lot of different generated strings) are currently printed out that I keep in a plastic folder. Other passwords are in a TrueCrypt file which I have backed up locally and on a cloud service, and the password to it written down in that same plastic folder.

I just want a simpler solution. KeePass any good? I've seen LastPass get leaked multiple times, and I don't know about Intel's TrueKey.
>>
How can I enable middle click to open new tab on chrome
>>
>>60002820
our company uses lastpass. it's whatever it works.
>>
>>60002915
LastPass does seem mighty nifty, I'm just worried about all the shit I've seen with it. It's not like my life or accounts are worth much, but they're mine, I'd like to keep it that way.

One of my emails I used for a Facebook account to add some internet friends had a login attempt from, iirc, China. So that email and throwaway password are likely in some Chinese server. :\
>>
Which version of Office is the good one? It has to be MS Office due to my work's standards.
>>
>>60002914
By not using Chrome.

Buuut...It did that by default back when I was a Chrome using normalfag.
>>
>>60003046
>>
>>60002989
the lastpass stuff is mostly for company related things and it's a big trade off for convenience. it's appropriate where whatever is being secured isn't absolutely essential.

For really important things I keep my stuff in ciphertext with gpg or openssl.
>>
File: 2017-04-21-193631_599x112_scrot.png (10KB, 599x112px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-21-193631_599x112_scrot.png
10KB, 599x112px
pls help me chink text are strange squares
i dont know what happened
>>
there was a list of graphic card hierarchy that included where mobile graphic cards rank, does anyone have it?
>>
>>60003167
you lack a character set or have some bonkers character set enabled
>>
File: 94-ill-raid-0.jpg (34KB, 520x272px) Image search: [Google]
94-ill-raid-0.jpg
34KB, 520x272px
Lets talk about security uses of raid for a minute.
If you setup some drives, even just two, in raid 0, and physically removed them from each other, say kept one at your office and one at home, and someone found one of them, could they figure out what is on the drives if they only have access to 1 of them?
>>
>>60003231
its supposed to be unicode though, maybe its the font?
>>
>>59992376
why should i write a header file before a cpp file?
I'm a fairly experienced programmer and have always used header files in larger projects but it seems ridiculous to me.
>>
>>59992376
>Oldboy.2003.KOR.RM.LE.Bluray.1080p.DTS-HD-7.1.x264-Grym.mkv
what do RM and LE mean in this context?
>>
>>60003241
Depends on the stripe size and what type of data
Small bits of data like file names and text have a good chance of being recoverable
>>
Did clover fucking remove the option for text captchas?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-21-19-51-45.png (290KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-21-19-51-45.png
290KB, 1080x1920px
>>60003339
it's still there fampai
>>
Is there a reliable place to download kmspico, or any other alternative? Every torrent I've downloaded has been full of viruses
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-21-13-54-20.png (144KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-21-13-54-20.png
144KB, 1200x1920px
>>60003362
I don't see it in the settings anymore.
>>
>>60003394
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
>>60003398
Advanced settings.
>>
File: floens_is_a_retard.png (61KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
floens_is_a_retard.png
61KB, 1200x1920px
>>60003398
>>
>>60003482
>>60003490
Fuck. I didn't even see that. Thanks, anons.
>>
>>60003394
Install gentoo
>>
>>59994783
Turn on legacy boot in bios
>>
New
>>60003802
>>60003802
>>60003802
>>60003802
>>60003802
New
>>
>>59995772
I got the same since a few weeks
I think it began with Win10 Creators Update and a NVIDIA GPU driver update

Hopefully the next driver will fix that
>>
>>60000509
I prefer resolution over FPS.
As long as the screen hast at least 60Hz I'm happy
>>
>>60003863
Idk man, I feel like I really get a chance to appreciate every frame on those 10Hz monitors.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.