[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

living in america

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: resevoir slids.jpg (48KB, 762x691px) Image search: [Google]
resevoir slids.jpg
48KB, 762x691px
hi everyone

im a uk software engineer (C++, currently working for a financial services AI company) and would like to get a job in america (basically double money) towards the end of this year. has anyone else done this or similar and can give me some tips on it? or perhaps some websites/agencies/etc. that are dedicated to international hiring. just anything that might be helpful
>>
>>59814335
Yeah dude just get an H1B visa and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Start working on your immigration papers as soon as possible.
>>
File: 1486599850869.jpg (572KB, 891x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486599850869.jpg
572KB, 891x600px
fuck off we're full
>>
>>59814335
fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>59814354
>>59814366
will this require a company to sponsor me?

>>59814378
>>59814384
thats ok ill shoot someone shortly after i arrive
>>
I moved from England to Canada, just be aware north america basically shits on workers in terms of holidays and overtime compensation
>>
>>59814395
H1Bs are given to pajeets and jihadis only, if you're an English-speaking white you'll be queued forever
>>
File: .png (111KB, 1360x739px) Image search: [Google]
.png
111KB, 1360x739px
>>59814395
you're fucked now, kiddo.
>>
>>59814425
My dad( got an H1B a few years ago. He has his PHD though
>>
>>59814423
ya thats ok, id like to move there just to experience america, plus the money

>>59814425
hmm thats unfortunate, will trump help me out on that front

>>59814443
youre scaring me anon!
>>
File: GxSlDZO.jpg (103KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
GxSlDZO.jpg
103KB, 1180x842px
>>59814482
well like >>59814460 noted if you have a PhD in something it's a bit easier, but the tech industry literally uses H1Bs to get slave labor at a volume discount so a white brit is probably not what they're looking for famalam

also >>59814423 this is true

the god emperor shall deliver us but it will take a hot minute to MAGA
>>
>>59814554
hmm thats pretty gay, still it actually pays better than here so i will have a go
>>
>>59814335
forget about it. you won't be able to. ever.

employment and migration is not technology
>>>/int/
>>>/biz/
>>
>>59814853
Did you factor in the cost of living in the place you were planning to relocate? I assume you were going to relocate to the Silicon Valley area.
Also many companies are trying to 'diversify' their workforce; hiring Hispanic's, and blacks is what they are trying to do while setting aside whites.
>>
>>59814955
i was hoping to avoid silicon valley, SF, and similar, as i think i genuinely would load up if i had that much exposure to those kinds of people. sadly, theyre quite intertwined with technology, but who knows i might be able to find a little company safe from them
>>
>>59814335
>would like to get a job in america (basically double money)

dont bother, its an illusion, that money won't get you better off than where you currently are. cost of living in the USA is much higher, and you'll be fucked in the ass, im sorry over here we call it nickel and dimed out of the double income you think youll have. but whatever
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.