[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 24

File: sqt.jpg (20KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
sqt.jpg
20KB, 350x392px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here ONCE and WAIT for a reply. You are NOT entitled to an answer.

>for Linux related stuff >>>/g/linux

READ THE STICKY FIRST >>51971506

GOOGLE BEFORE POSTING

DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

redirect any retards creating their own threads with >>>/g/sqt
>>
how did atom.io / mpv.io hide github from their urls
>>
I have these outlets in my room that spark whenever I plug something in. I'm deeply afraid of being electrocuted. If I wore rubber gloves, could I plug something in without the fear of being shocked?
>>
Are password managers actually safer than saving passwords in my browser? Why?
If so, what is a good one?
>>
>>59279083
No need for the gloves, just test the outlet with a fork.
>>
Im going to buy a universal charger because a emergency(Sony VAIO charger died for no reason).

If my laptop says it uses 19.5V but the charger only has 19V and 20V options which one should i use?
>>
where can I download safe, working apks
no bully please
>>
Is virtual a pc good for gaming? Would it be just as good as using an actual 98 machine?
>>
>>59278984
>for Linux related stuff >>>/g/linux
GNU/Linux*, >>>/g/fglt
>>
How do water cooled CPU coolers work? Does the water need to be changed eventually?
>>
>>59279288
Google radiator.
>>
Is this a good budget tv?
My tv is 12 years old and starting to show its age.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN65KU6300-65-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01E6BHEFW/ref=sr_1_1
>>
>>59279280
was flt now is fglt
link is g/linux for bigest coverage
>inb4 u reply
>>>stallman.org
>>
>>59279126
Kek
>>
Im formatting tomorrow because new gpu
Should I go for win7 or win10?
I have been trying win10 for a while but I dont really like it, but i will have to stop using win7 sooner or later
>>
>>59279486
Why do you think you need to reformat just to install a new gpu?
>>
>>59279532
because i have a mess in my pc, and moving from nvidia to amd drivers its going to fuck it up a little more
>>
>>59279557
Not even
download amd drivers un install nvidia
reboot in to safe mode
install amd drivers
reboot
Done
>>
what is a good rss downloader for windows?
>>
>>59279557
DDU can take care of your drivers for you.

You can probably clean up your PC without reinstalling.

If you really want to: Win7 if you can't google, Win10 if you can.
>>
File: 1311375294020.png (23KB, 221x213px) Image search: [Google]
1311375294020.png
23KB, 221x213px
at what point does ram speed not matter for gaymes?
2400mhz?
3000mhz?
>>
>>59279601
Any speed that relevant RAM is running at. Doesn't matter.
>>
>>59279486
Install 7.

Only install 10 on really new hardware, install 2016 enterprise LTSB.
>>
What laptop should I get with a budget of $500?
>>
Potential employer sent a .doc quiz for me to fill out. asked me to turn on "review tracking."

Is he refering to opening it in Google Drive or something? Because I can't edit it there and its all fucked sideways when I try to edit the thing in libre office or whatever (can't even put my name in the header without it turning yellow and delete/backspace making dashes instead of removing characters)

I don't know if this is part of the test or what but something is fuckin looney
>>
>>59279557
I also changed some registry because ide to ahci
>>
>>59279847
>Normie sent me something
Yeah, that will work well opening it on a foss software.
>>
>>59279183
Sleeping Bump.

Tomorrow morning im going to buy it from walmart.

Cheap "Power" universal adapter.
>>
Just built a new PC for the first time in maybe 12 years, so I'm really behind. What are some good programs to monitor and maybe stress test my shit?
>>
how to deal with online stalker?
>>
>>59279262
the google play store is quite a good source imo
>>
Me and some friends just got into a new house and we cannot get cables from the router yo the PCs, so we're thinking on buying some of those PLCs to Connect all the computers to the net.

My questions are: Can we connect several PLCs le the same model in the same net? Like buying 5 times the same machine que Connect them all together (1 on the router and 4 on PCs)? Will we lose a lot of net quality or it's more a distance problem rather than The number of PLCs?
>>
Best 11 inch laptop > $100 ?
>>
File: 1477610519923.jpg (3MB, 3000x3119px) Image search: [Google]
1477610519923.jpg
3MB, 3000x3119px
>>59278984
What is a good cloud storage for documents? I'm leaning toward Google Drive but I've heard Dropbox is good too.

Free is best and I don't need a lot of space, just a common ground for assignments between uni and home.

Pic unrelated
>>
File: knowledge_graph_logo.png (10KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
knowledge_graph_logo.png
10KB, 302x302px
I can work in the 2 year Apple Store Leader training program thing. What kind of pay does it involve?

>apple
I know but bills mayn
>>
File: 1457250269803.gif (1MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
1457250269803.gif
1MB, 193x135px
Are people from south more retarded than niggers? Honest question.
>>
Why won't this script that inverts the colors of an image work?

def invert_pix(pixel):
pixel_copy = list(pixel)
for ind in range(len(pixel)):
pixel_copy[ind] = 255-pixel[ind]
return tuple(pixel_copy)

im = Image.open('b.png')
print im
print im.size
nRows = im.size[0]
nCols = im.size[1]

for row in range(nRows):
for col in range(nCols):
print (invert_pix( im.getpixel((row,col)) ))
im.putpixel( (row, col), invert_pix(im.getpixel((row, col)) ) )

im.getpixel( (100,100))
im.save('inverted.png')

All I get when I run this is just a white image instead of an inverted one
>>
When a female is in hot weather, do its labia get loose like man's scrotum?
>>
I have an fm2+ Mobo and an x4 860k. I'm using a 4gb and only playing at 1080p and pretty sure I'm getting bottlenecked. Whats my best Mobo and CPU upgrade? Is ddr4 worth it? Or am I good upgrading to a more recent Intel chipset and just reusing my ram
>>
How do dns work?

There has to be hundred of thousands of dns servers. Right? How do they sync up
>>
>>59280913
The elders of the Internet bless specific name servers and then the rest follow the hierarchy. Get a current Network+ textbook and read it front to back. Then take the exam and get the cert if you want. It's worth reading either way.
>>
>>59280263
No
>>59280723
Youre fine. Upgrade something else
>>
im supposed to clean that white if im trying save my keyboard from a spill right? its completely clean otherwise
>>
File: 0307170218-747x1328.jpg (199KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
0307170218-747x1328.jpg
199KB, 747x1328px
>>59281036
forgot pic
>>
>>59281006
Hm another 8gb of RAM? My cpu is over clocked, not by much 4.2 is there anything you'd suggest?
>>
>>59280663
the reason the scrotum changes is because testicles need to maintain a lower temperature than the rest of the body
i don't believe female genitalia have any such requirement
>>
>>59279102
im not sure whats better but dont use dashlane after awhile its stops syncing between your browser and the desktop app unless you go premium. kys dashlane.
>>
whats the best VPN for illegal torrenting?
>>
>>59280070
stop using facebook twitter and all this shit
>>
>>59281167
PIA
>>
Whats the best prog language and job to acquire currency?
>>
>make program in one big cpp file
>split it up
>get problems
Just why?
>>
>>59281240
you did it wrong.
>>
>>59281264
I can't find out why.
>>
Sup

I have this windows installation over a 128gb SSD that's set up in a particular way.

I wanted to try loonix on this thing on bare metal. My question is, should I bother dual booting or instead use clonezilla to dump that on some usb hard drive and try linux on it that way?
>>
>>59279016
Did you even try? Google "github custom url" and it's the very first result.
>>
>>59281298
there's not a lot of ways to screw up while splitting a project.
Either you have problem when including your headers files (they include each others) or you got a problem to access functions of variables from a specific files because you didn't made the right #include

what the compiler is telling you ?
>>
>>59279288
Eventually but not super often, the heat transfers from the cpu to the heatsink which then transfers to the water which carries the heat to the radiator and then the fans on the radiator blow the heat out
>>
>>59279102
If your browser is Chrome, then yes; passwords are stored in plain text. Firefox encrypts your passwords with a master password. Using password managers AFAIK is just a thing of convenience.

>>59279262
If you're looking for pirated stuff, Aptoid. For free stuff, if you don't want to use Google Play you can use Yalp Store, which just downloads from Play.
>>
>>59281167
i've heard some suggest paying for a seedbox instead

what are the pros/cons of seedbox vs vpn, /g/?
>>
Anyone know of a google chrome extension that allows you expand all elements on a page?

Or another browser that has that feature?

Clicking expand 400 times only to then be able to ctrl+f for the info I need is clearly no way to live.
>>
>>59279486
Windows 10 watch Linus' new "windows 9" video>>59279988
Real temp, cpuZ, Msi after burner, aida64 for stress test
>>
sup /g/entoomen, ill be installing linux for the first time (OpenSUSE), should i use KDE or Gnome as my DE?
>>
4chan X how to unhide hidden posts?
>>
>>59281552
try both and decide on whichever you prefer?
it's not like your locked into one permanently...
>>
>>59281534
Does that video even take in account that everytime there's a "bigger" update (like anniversary) on windows, half of the shit that you tampered with is replaced with what microsoft wants?

I mean like theming. Themes are a dick on windows 10. Even 8.1, despite having the ribbon thing gone with themes, at least doesn't try to "fix" your attempts at customization.
>>
>>59281555
decided to just reset since I didn't have anything changed on this instance
>>
why do some hot tubs have pneumatic switches instead of electrical switches?
>>
Just had a catastrophic meltdown on a windows partition. All my data on that partition (a cohabitant of my bar-none more used linux partition) is now unusable, resulting in IO errors.

First I thought it was a virus deleting or corrupting the filesystem as I was using it, but this seems fairly unlikely to me. The windows partition always behaved bizarrely but all I ever used the partition for was the occasional (few weeks a year) gaming.

It is a pirated copy of windows, but disk is also nearing around 5 years old with 18500 hours on it as per smart. The rest of the output doesn't really lead me to believe any massive failure is occuring though (as far as I decipher): https://ghostbin.com/paste/ee6y4

My question is: what's really more likely in this case? Should I believe that the drive is safe to use after a reformatting of the windows partition, should I overwrite it with zeros, should I assume it's a hardware failure and get a new disk? Was it some windows exploit?

I'm running badblocks on it now. Any info or direction is much appreciated
>>
>>59281663
whether or not you get a new hard disk you should definitely start keeping backups
>>
I have a celeron g1610t lying around and was wondering if it's still worth building a small storage server with it? I've seen motherboards on eBay for ~£50 but they're used. Any experiences with used motherboards?
>>
What's a good alternative for the Noctua NH-D15? Sadly won't fit in my case.
>>
>>59281696
It's not worth powering a Pentium just for serving files to a single user. You can get an ARM SBC or something for less than the cost of powering it for a year or two. This is assuming you pay for electricity and don't have electric heating.
>>
>>59281677
I do. I didn't lose anything of value except for some savegames and time downloading a few games.

I'm most concerned about the possibilities of an intruder; I regularly checked with Malwarebytes but the windows 7 version was pirated and had not been updated, though no ports were forwarded. But it just seemed to me like the most dramatic hardware failure on software I've ever seen. I'm sure badblocks will tell a lot, but I'd definitely like to be able to categorically cofirm or deny the possibility of intruston
>>
File: 1478642085104.jpg (81KB, 848x848px) Image search: [Google]
1478642085104.jpg
81KB, 848x848px
Is video decoding done in real time? If it is why does it has to be? It's not interactive like video games so why not just decode the frames before then store them into a buffer (VRAM becoming bigger over the years) long before displaying them on screen? apply audio delay to be in sync if need be. This would be more efficient for processors that don't have enough power or discrete instructions to decode HEVC for instance.
But again I don't fucking know how video decoding works.
>>
>>59281428
sorry anon i still dont understand

do i have to pay for this or is there way to do - sed site.github.io/site.io - free /as in beer/
>>
Can ISP's be cunts and cut off your internet connection, and hope you're either not using it at the time, or are a pussy to complain? Maybe if the network is too loaded or something?

Internet went out for no reason for the third time, and when I called, they magically fixed it in 20 minutes.
>>
What's the most reliable external HDD scanner, to catch the stuff S.M.A.R.T. misses?
>>
>>59281758
> like to be able to categorically cofirm or deny the possibility of intruston

That's not a thing. You can't prove a negative. Even if you find out your drive is dying, your pirated windows could still be silently keylogging you or running a botnet. If you install untrusted software, there's no way to trust your system.

http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

That said, it would be odd behavior for malware to randomly fuck over your whole install for no particular reason. There's nothing for them to get out of that. You should run a S.M.A.R.T. check with crystaldiskinfo or linux equivalent to confirm if your disk is dying
>>
I've got a 144hz monitor..I want to use my 75 Hz monitor as a secondary display but it causes crazy scan lines at 144 not at 120hz though. Anyone have a similar issue or know of workarounds
>>
Ubuntu LTS, Debian or CentOS for my dedicated web server? I've used Ubuntu desktop and Debian command line before. I just want something that works and is easy to get into and install shit on.
>>
>>59282171
stop being poor and buy two 240hz monitors
>>
>>59281896
in my country (France) we had an issue with an ISP (free). People complained that they had a shitty connexion. Specifically when it came to google services (youtube).

The differences between using internet at day or past 11 was obvious so an organism for protecting consumers rights investigated. During the months they investigated there were no more issues. When the investigation was over they started to limit the bandwidth again.

ISP can do whatever they want it will be hard to prove they are screwing up their customers
>>
antergos, manjaro or apricity?
>>
>>59282271
That's so stupid. Why did they make the investigation public and not do it in secret?
>>
>>59279183
>>59279915
Either one should work fine. .5 volts is 2.5% of the 19.5 nominal voltage the laptop expects. Even really lousy chink shit can handle +/- 2.5% in its voltage input.
>>
I want to install an os onto a hard drive thats got nothing on it while keeping my windows running, is it possible?
>>
i do a lot of video encoding and audio work, so im really interested in doing a ryzen build atm.

what i dont understand though is the actual point of the 3 different skus at the moment. Can someone explain to me what the point is of the 1800x, 1700x & 1700 is? They all seem to overlap really heavily and the 1700 seems like a slightly worse version of the 1800X that can reach the same speeds when overclocked. If thats true, what is the point of getting the 1800X over the 1700?
>>
>>59282357
Its basically the same chip with different binning.
A 1700 might be able to do 1800X speeds but its not a guarantee, and an 1800X could probably go higher.
>>
>>59281864
just get your own domain
>>
>>59282299
Pls answer me :(
>>
File: stopping intensifies.png (54KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
stopping intensifies.png
54KB, 208x206px
>>59282299
>>59282531
stop using meme distros.
>>
>>59279323
where can I download that?
>>
File: 81fy4TwTj0L._SL1500_.jpg (119KB, 1500x1210px) Image search: [Google]
81fy4TwTj0L._SL1500_.jpg
119KB, 1500x1210px
Is this the only 32 inch gsync monitor?
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB321HK-bmiphz-Widescreen/dp/B01A3N60A2/?&tag=bom-tomshardware-20&ascsubtag=[site|thaus[cat|[art|[pid|B01A3N60A2[tid|14888928402892[bbc|LESPRIX
>>
>>59282561
what would you recommend?

pls dont trick me into install arch for the 3rd time
>>
>>59282657
Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.

you're right to stay away from Arch, that and Gentoo are timesinks for timesinks' sake
>>
>>59281842
that makes no sense, how would it be faster unless you decode all frames before displaying them?
if that is what you're saying, then;
a. it will be slower than playing back normally if you could play back normally
b. decoded video is huge, you think vram is big? a single 1080p frame is 3MiB uncompressed, a 2 hour movie has 172800 frames (24fps), which makes it over 500GiB of data
>>
>>59283137
to be clear on how much slower, one way or another, the frames must be decoded to be viewed, so if your machine wasn't fast enough to decode the 2 hour movie in real time, that means it can't decode the movie in 2 hours.. so you're going to be spending over 2 hours to generate 500GiB of raw video

at least that will use no cpu, though you'd need a fast enough storage media to play it back (~72MiB/s)
>>
>>59283137
>unless you decode all frames before displaying them?
Yeah, that's what i'm saying.
>500GiB
Would it still be huge is storage space if you flushed the frames already viewed and loaded only like 5 minutes of decoded frames in advance?
>>
>>59283212
>if you flushed the frames already viewed
which will be none of them if you decode all frames ahead of displaying them
>loaded only like 5 minutes of decoded frames in advance?
you could decode 5 minutes, play those, then decode more, but again, you're looking at >5 minutes of pausing for every 5 minutes of playback on a machine too slow to play it back normally
>>
>>59282657
>>59280801

arch is a meme but is easy to use without systemd
>>
Why won't this print anything when opened in chrome as "test.php"?
<html>

<head>
<title>PHP Test</title>
</head>
<body>

<?php
echo "Hello World";
?>

</body>
</html>
>>
>>59283249
you can also do it through a large fifo, decoding and playing at the same time, as normal, just with a huge buffer

all you'll do is create fewer, longer pauses rather than frequent, short pauses that you'd get normally on a slow machine
>>
>>59283291
browsers don't process php, web servers do
>>
is it worth learning C#?
>>
>>59283372
learning a skill is always good
>>
I preorder a corsair am4 mounting bracket, but it still hasn't shipped. Has any one received theirs yet, or is there news of when they will shop out?
>>
I have a long text file formatted like this:

>Goldie
>Ring of Saturn 1998
>
>
>Goldie
>Saturnzreturn 1998
>
>
>Glass Animals
>ZABA 2014

What program can I use to remove the two lines of space between the entries?
>>
what's the best mousepad? can i just buy some $8 one and call it a day?
>>
>>59283609
% grep -ve '^$' < dfewsgr 
Goldie
Ring of Saturn 1998
Goldie
Saturnzreturn 1998
Glass Animals
ZABA 2014
>>
>>59278984

I'm looking to buy a new monitor and really like the look of AGON AG271QX. However, i have an Nvidia gtx 960, and will not be able to use the freesync feature. Should i still go for it? Do you guys have any other recommendations for monitors in the same price range?

I know there is a g-sync version of this monitor but i've heard it has some problems with colours (IPS).
>>
>>59283816
also are wooden mouse pads cool or retarded?
>>
What exactly is a server? Is it a remote location where confidential data is stored?
>>
>>59283849
>cool
Stop caring about the opinions of others.
>>
>>59283864
A server is a computer dedicated to serving the requests of other computers over a network.
>>
Asked a few days ago and didn't get a response, figure I'll try again:

Does anyone know of a web browser that is compatible with JDownloader's browser loop and is capable of (through some combination of command line arguments, settings, extensions, etc) starting up in the background without grabbing focus from what I'm currently doing? It doesn't necessarily have to be completely minimized, as long as it doesn't jump in front of what I'm currently doing.

I ask because recently started using 9KW captcha service and while it's hella convenient to be able to fill out captchas in a big block at the start rather than being interrupted every five minutes to fill out another, it kind of dampens my joy that I still get interrupted by my browser popping up on top of what I was doing and closing again. (Especially if what I was doing was some full-screen thing) Mitigated for some sites by disabling browser loop entirely but some hosts don't like that.
>>
>>59283346
What would be the best way of testing PHP locally then?
>>
>>59284090
run a web server locally (why do people keep thinking servers need to be some standalone machine anywhere but where they live?)
>>
>>59284070
Oh also should mention that I've already tried Firefox and Chrome and can pretty safely rule those out. Also start /min and minimized shortcuts were among the first things I tried with no luck. I was able to, through a complex series of batch files editing other batch files and routing through the task scheduler, get it to start completely invisible this way and redirect to an arbitrary site (verified when I killed the task and opened it again) but this was not compatible with whatever JDownloader does with the browser loop argument you give it.

Also should mention that starting in foreground and then minimizing is not good enough since it will still steal focus for a moment. I have found extensions that do this but doesn't really help me (it already closes itself after the browser loop runs so it doesn't make a difference anyway)
>>
>>59284110
How would I go about doing that?
>>
How do I flash a this tablet situation I've created?
Iwork8air dual boot.
Installed windows only room. Works fine in windows still. But obviously Android is not functioning. I can also access the uefi bios as well.

Now I'm trying to install and Android only rom, but all the flash instructions say I have to enable USB debug mode in settings, I obviously can't do this as there is no android OS on the tablet.

Is there another way to enable the debug or is there a way to install android from a USB stick? I don't want android x86 (assuming android arm runs on atoms still).
>>
>>59284128
you do some research yourself, you'll need to know how this works if you plan on writing and testing php scripts
>>
>>59283943
Can any computer be a server? Even my laptop? If yes, do I need to be connected to the network all the time?
>>
>>59284300
Yes, your laptop can be a server
>>
>>59284404
Answer the second question then. Do you not know how to read?
>>
The whole bitcoins thing is so confusing. How do I covert my paypal money into BTC?
>>
>>59284437
he doesn't have to answer your question, buddy
maybe he doesn't even know the answer, did you think of that?
>>
>>59284478
if you have nothing to say just fuck off
>>
>>59284506
No you fuck off retard.
>>
>>59284437
You're oozing entitlement.
>>
I just got a Usenet subscription where do I go?
>>
I'm looking to finally get myself a media center/streaming option to get rid of satellite TV. If I want to install sketchy apps to stream whatever I want and have access to my home media, what's the best option?

I can get a Pi, but would that handle all of these things? Are NVIDIA Shields locked out of the more "free" apps?
>>
>>59284534
>>59284533

Answer my question or stop or I'll report you
>>
>>59284611
Eat shit.
>>
How do you open a site in a browser after creating it in IIS?
localhost goes to wwwroot, but I've made a new site to test HTML/PHP and I don't know how to open it.
>>
Does a desktop full of icons can actually make your computer slow?
>>
Please answer this >>59284450
>>
>>59284867
Almost nobody will sell you BTC for PayPal because the PayPal transaction is reversible.

The straight way is to register with an exchange like Bitstamp and use a wire transfer. Wire transfers are free in most countries.
>>
I'm trying to control the case fans with Speedfan. After setting everything to manual mode I can control the speed of the rear fan but the front one doesn't do anything. The rear fan is plugged into the sysfan 1 port on the motherboard, while the front fan is pluggd to sysfan 3. Why doesn't speedfan detect sysfan 3?

Obviously I considered pluggin the front fan to sysfan 2 but the port's a bit too far away on the motherboard and the cable isn't long enough
>>
Does Adobe really encode the licence identifier into Photoshop exported images?

Wouldn't a bit of resaving & cropping destroy that info?
>>
Say I have 3 networks with 20mbps connections and a server with 2gbps speeds and use the server to download a large file, then split it into 3 chunks and download them seperately using the 3 different networks. How would I go about downloading them individually split across the networks (essentially getting a 60mbps dl speed) in GNU/Linux without using VMs or paying for software like speedify/connectify?
>>
>>59284948
They could use a compression-resistant, encrypted watermark.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=compression+resistant+watermark&t=ffsb&ia=web

All the need to store is a unique ID. 64 bits is easily enough.
>>
>>59284988
Could I possibly chroot into a different environment where the network adapter is specific to that environment? So basically a VM but less resource-hogging.
>>
>>59284853
If you're running a pentium 2
>>
What's a good way to have a my computer on the floor and not have to dust it every 3-4 months?
>>
>>59285192
Get a case with good dust filters
Run a HEPA filter in the room
>>
>>59285192
Vacuum regularly
Get an air purifier. Honeywell and Xiaomi make decent, affordable ones.
Case with dust filters
>>

!
ip dhcp excluded-address 172.16.49.129
ip dhcp excluded-address 172.16.54.129
ip dhcp excluded-address 172.16.59.129
!
ip dhcp pool 100
network 172.16.49.128 255.255.255.128
default-router 172.16.49.129
ip dhcp pool 110
network 172.16.54.128 255.255.255.128
default-router 172.16.54.129
dns-server 209.165.201.0
ip dhcp pool 120
network 172.16.59.128 255.255.255.128
default-router 172.16.59.129
dns-server 209.165.201.0

no ip cef
no ipv6 cef

username administrator password 0 cisco

ip domain-name DUN-R1

spanning-tree mode pvst

interface FastEthernet0/0
no ip address
duplex auto
speed auto

interface FastEthernet0/0.100
encapsulation dot1Q 100
ip address 172.16.49.129 255.255.255.128

interface FastEthernet0/0.110
encapsulation dot1Q 110
ip address 172.16.54.129 255.255.255.128

interface FastEthernet0/0.120
encapsulation dot1Q 120
ip address 172.16.59.129 255.255.255.128

interface FastEthernet0/1
ip address 172.16.255.130 255.255.255.192
duplex auto
speed auto

interface Serial0/0/0
ip address 172.16.255.193 255.255.255.252
ip ospf priority 1

interface Serial0/0/1
no ip address
clock rate 2000000
shutdown

interface Serial0/1/0
no ip address
clock rate 2000000
shutdown

interface Serial0/1/1
no ip address
clock rate 2000000
shutdown

interface Vlan1
ip address 172.16.1.12 255.255.255.128

router ospf 1
no log-adjacency-changes
network 172.16.48.0 0.0.15.255 area 0
network 172.16.255.192 0.0.0.3 area 0
network 172.16.255.128 0.0.0.63 area 0
network 172.16.1.0 0.0.0.255 area 0

ip default-gateway 172.16.1.1
ip classless

ip flow-export version 9

no cdp run

line con 0

line aux 0

line vty 0 4
login local
transport input ssh
line vty 5 15
login local
transport input ssh

Anyone know why I can't SSH into this router?
>>
File: 2017-03-07-220056_774x536_scrot.png (66KB, 774x536px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-07-220056_774x536_scrot.png
66KB, 774x536px
how do i place the logo over the whole page
as in on a different layer
>>
How can I count how many lines are in a text file in Java?
Need to use ArrayList to contain strings from a file but I don't know how to read from a file when you don't know the amount of lines.
>>
>>59285192
When using dust filters on intakes, make sure that you have more intakes than exhausts. This is called positive pressure and helps prevent dust. Reason being that if more air is coming in the intakes than is going out, the pressure inside the case will be higher than ambient, and air will try to escape at any little crack or vent. Escaping air blows dust away. Negative pressure - more exhausts than intakes - draws air in through every little crack and vent, and dust along with it.

Also you might want to mount your PSU to draw air from inside the case, instead of from below. A lot of cases have poor filters for the PSU, if they have any at all. This is especially true if you want to put your PC on a carpeted floor.
>>
>>59280663
If a woman puts her big toe in ice water, her clitoris turns purple.
>>
I want to upgrade from a 750Ti to a 1060. It would be in a system with a 2 generation old i7 and DDR3, no overclocking to speak of.

Should I get the 1 or 2 fan configuration?
>>
>>59282657
Pls don't trick me into another unsuccessful attempt at installing arch.
>ftfy
>>
>>59285755
Not him but I'd just like to interject for a moment. Anyone on /g/ can install Arch.
>>
Trying to install osx but when i get to the choose disk to install on my harddrive isnt showing up. So i then formatted it to max extended using disk utility and clicked verify but it says "error: could not mount disk"

What do?
>>
>>59282193
debian stable I would think
>>
>>59285779
Apparently, there's many who can't.
>>
>>59282193
>web server
obviously debian, ubuntu makes no sense..
>>
>>59285699
more is better
>>
>>59285242
>>59285245
What's a reliable place to buy one of the Xiaomi filters?
I'm from USA
>>
>>59285699
less fans of the same area are more efficient
>>
>>59285349
ELP
>>
>>59285873
Ask in >>>/g/csg/
They're experts on Chinese imports
>>
>>59284729
you go to its ip or domain
>>
>>59284934
help
>>
>>59286115
Some fans aren't supported.
>>
is opensuse still a thing?
>>
File: tmp_7226-1488903950823499904646.png (454KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7226-1488903950823499904646.png
454KB, 540x960px
I need this setup for my android. How do I do it? Steps?

Picrelated
>>
I want to make a Raspberry pi music radio playing from home so I can access to it through my sad 2g phone to listen to vidya music with minimal data transfer.

What do?
>>
Is this tv shit?
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55KU7000-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01DR4TD94
>>
>>59286157
But both the rear and front fans are identical, and have the same type of cable and everything
>>
What's the best way to initially set up a database for a website? I assume that manually creating it in phpmyadmin is a bad idea in case the database needs to be recreated later on. Should I just have a loose php script on the server that, when run, will recreate the database? Or maybe check if the database exists when you visit the website and it isn't set up?
>>
>>59286538

You can build it by hand in phpMyAdmin, and then dump the whole database to a bunch of SQL queries.
>>
>>59286598
So once I've dumped them, what do I do with them? This is my first time working on a website for a client, normally I'd just have a script that I'd keep locally on my machine, but that sounds like a bad idea for them to have to contact me if maintenance is needed.
>>
what exactly is a unit test ?
>>
>>59286651
It would just be a file that you would then import. If you can use command line you can do the same thing with mysqldump for example.
>>
>>59286718
testing a unit
>>
>>59286651

Then you could pick one of the other options like this.
> Should I just have a loose php script on the server that, when run, will recreate the database? Or maybe check if the database exists when you visit the website and it isn't set up?
Your PHP scrips will generally do the second thing anyway.

I'm just saying that you can largely design your database in phpMyAdmin and still get along all right because you can dump to plain SQL afterwards.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1571x1600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1571x1600px
>>59286745
>>
Could someone cease posting Dwight? I have a visceral response (as do others) when I see the unfunny, contemptible buffoon.
>>
>>59286769
Maybe you should try being less autistic instead.
>>
>>59286749
Alright, I'll just dump the initial database then stick it on the server and hope that anyone who has to maintain the site in future has enough intuition to find it.
>>
>>59286917

how much do you know about sql?
>>
>>59286960
My knowledge of it is limited to what I know from university, so I can set up a database and perform simple queries but I can't do magic with it. The site I'm developing is quite simple though, so I should be okay. It's the professionalism part that I'm struggling with.
>>
One of the fans on my 7950 seems to be shitting itself. What's the difficulty level for replacing it?

Also, would I have to replace both as a set?
>>
>>59287156
buy an after market cooler or look into a liquid cooling setup
>>
>>59287182
Those fixes never occurred to me. Thanks.
>>
>>59286856
You defend The Office. Maybe you should try being less plebeian.
>>
>>59285870
>>59285882
Getting mixed messages here.
>>
Is it possible to set up my computer so that it will only turn on if I sign a pre-prepared contract looking sheet, and then burn it? Obviously it needs to validate that my signature is legitimate and should not turn on if it is forged, and it should wait until the paper has fully burned first.

I just thought of this earlier today but I think it would be hella tight if someone could pull it off.
>>
>>59287585
Install Gentoo
>>
>>59287357
I have never watched that show lol

I might be a pleb but at least I don't get triggered by reaction images on the internet.
>>
>>59287585
....no.
>>
When I try to use megatools under Windows, megadl.exe part to be more precise, it refuse to work - any link I type is called "invalid" instead.

I run cmd in tools folder, type "megadl.exe 'link'" and when I hit enter, it instead drop "invalid MEGA link" and nothing else happens. I tried different test links, all of them open normally in browser - nothing. Tried leaving link without any marks, or placing it between ' ' and " " marks - still nothing.

What Im doing wrong?
>>
File: 0225171237a.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0225171237a.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Realistically what's only reason I shouldn't make a ryzen based server build

Pic unrelated, but IHOP has nice shit sometimes.
>>
File: 1387924357332.png (5KB, 278x259px) Image search: [Google]
1387924357332.png
5KB, 278x259px
>every processor on the planet is compromised at the hardware/microcode level
>every data storage device on the planet is compromised at the firmware level
>every network on the planet is compromised at the internet relay and server level
>every encryption algorithm in public use is compromised by CIA/NSA backdoor malware and/or intentional flaws

How do we fix this?
>>
>>59288136
You're good, they're both LGA1151
>>
>>59288140
Use https in the links if you're not.
>>
>>59285293
someone pls
>>
Im trying to run contig.exe on a vdi file, it needs admin rights to run but I don't know how to make it run as admin from the command prompt. How? contig is not on c:
>>
>>59288168
Overthrow the government and establish an organization that ensures all mediums are secure

Ultimately proving it's safe and not compromised is difficult but that's what it has to be

That or make.your own proprietary medium and the moment they come knocking in your door you tell em to fuck off
>>
>>59288287
Run CMD.exe as admin
Run it, pin it, close it, right click pin, right click the name, run as admin
Or start, search CMD.exe, right click, run as admin
Ez
>>
>>59288168
unplug ya internet cable
>>
>>59288257

They are all https ones.

Seriously, I dont have any idea why this is not working.
>>
>>59288320
>right click the name, run as admin
If I do this it closes immediately, also it needs an argument to run.

What Im trying to figure is how to run it from c:\windows\system32 after right clicking cmd run as admin
I thought I just needed to specify the path as

c:\windows\system32>"d:\1\2\3\contig.exe" and it kinda works but if I add any arguments it tells me not recognized as a valid program
>>
>>59288391
Type cd [path/to/whateverthefuck] when using cmd under admin then execute command
>>
Can cats feel pain?
>>
>>59279278
For win 98, you should be fine.
>>
Why don't server-side rendering sites gain popularity since everything works like shit?
>>
>>59279353
The C.I.A can hack samsung smart TV's now.
https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/
>>
File: secret_life_of_heroes_31.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
secret_life_of_heroes_31.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
>>59278984
Does anyone know why Google Maps is talking in two different types of voices? It's doing this on different phones for me, one with a bare bones custom ROM, and another nexus. I can't find any option to change the voice
>>
>>59279278

glide shit might be fucked
>>
>>59288478
I'm wondering why you're using voice over reading. It ain't hard.
>>
>>59288413
It worked, thanks. Just want to add I needed to change drive by typing "D:" first
>>
>>59288477
>now
>>
>>59288518
>Forgot the big D
>

You're welcome I suppose
>>
>>59288510
I'm using the Google maps that's talks directions..
>>
>>59288585
Okay but why when you can look at a map, see words and progress?

I'm not sure how to answer the question but I'm going to question why you're using audio for directions when visual is easier and quicker
>>
>>59288633
Cause it can read it for you while you do other stuff. Like look at the road.
>>
>>59285779
..Wrong
>>
How do you datamine information that companies have on you?
>>
>>59288633
I don't understand what you are getting at. I have an issue with Google maps using two different voices when giving directions. I want my GPS to talk to me. Why is it using two different speech synthesis to do so?
>>
$ env | wc -l
$ echo $
Display all 116 possibilities? (y or n)

>What did environment mean by this, /g/?
>>
>>59278984
I'm currently learning html/css and I've taken some notes on javascript and jquery so i'm not completely foreign to them. Does anyone have any projects or excerises that i can work on to start the transition between front end and back end? My buddy is trying to get me to learn Ruby and rails before javascript. idk i feel like the more i learn the more i realize i have no idea what i'm doing. there are so many languages out there. are all languages used in some way when making a web page or a web app? can you do the same thing different ways?
>>
>>59288168
How exactly does a CPU backdoor work?
>>
>>59288633
what kind of retard takes his eyes off the road while driving to stare at a map on his phone
>>
>>59288908

PHP, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Django/Python all do the same thing.
You go to the URL, the server executes some script, and it gives you something back which is usually a HTML page.
Whichever one you use is mostly a matter of preference. Some languages make it easier to write code to do a certain thing but in general you can do everything with any one of them.

On the client, you have to use HTML+CSS+JS.
>>
>>59289075
nice tyvm

When do you think I should stop focusing on HTML+CSS and start focusing on JS?

I'm done working on the syntax, css styling; fonts colors etc. and I just got done with classes ID's and div's. section in codeacademy
>>
>>59288439
yes
>>
>>59289184

Learning them one at a time is a bit silly, since they all slot into each other.
How much of each you need depends on what you want to do though.
>>
I was watching a video a while back about some kind of cheese where they use maggots to break it down to some extent before eating it, and everyone was acting like this was the most disgusting vile thing ever and you gotta have a real high power level to ever consider eating this stuff, but when I thought about it more, most people are okay with eating honey aren't they? I mean that's pretty much just something an ate and puked out, repeatedly, before being packaged in a nice little jar. Isn't this a double standard?
>>
>>59289328
>something an ate and puked out
something an insect ate and puked out, I mean
>>
WHY THE FUCK DOES AMAZON TAKE MULTIPLE DAYS TO SHIP A SINGLE ITEM IF YOU ARENT A PRIME KEK. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 2 DAYS NOW FOR IT TO EVEN LEAVE THE WAREHOUSE.
>>
>>59289445
Cause other people are willing to pay so their shit comes faster than yours.
>>
How the fuck do I download models from this site?

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im5109459
>>
>>59289445
Not really complicated. They have a bunch of stuff they have to ship, so it's in their interest to prioritize those people who are giving them more money.

Anyway I'm a Prime member and I've been waiting several days for my Hermetic Seal Glass Pitcher With Lid and Spout to ship. Though they had it marked as "2 business days" rather than the usual 2 days for some reason.
>>
>>59289467
Ah nevermind it seems that particular user requires some special bullshit.
>>
>>59289466
>>59289557
I guess this makes sense. Its just annoying that it says that it'll take 5 days to get out of the warehouse.
Another question. How directly behind do rear speakers in a 5:1 system have to be to not sound like shit. I have a triple desk thing that wraps around me a bit but the ends are about 45 degree angles from me.
>>
>>59288140

Im sorry for respoting to my own request, but search engines does not provide the answer.

Manual attached makes it look like that all I need is just typing "megadl 'link' " to download public links, but maybe I need to convert them first in some way and it is so oblivious to devs and users already that they dont mention it?
>>
>>59289641
Is it a full link? File and decryption key? It works fine for me but I'm not on windows.
>>
Just installed CWM for the first time on my P9 lite. Noticed there wasn't any play store. How do I play muh gamez without needing to googlify my "brand new" phone ?
>>
>>59289685

Full link.

When I paste it in browser, Mega site loads normally and shows standard view with options to download via sync or with browser.
>>
>>59289750
Get APKs to install. But you'll probably need Google Services for a lot of stuff anyway.
>>
my firefox is displaying antialiased fonts after update
i set it up to display them sharp but these idiots and mozilla fucked up again
gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode; doesn't help
help my eyes are getting cancer
>>
>>59289777
oh. Is open GApps any good ? What package is recommended ? Only need it for finding apps; I'm good with third party YT and maps apps
>>
>>59289445
because your stuff gets shipped between their warehouses and you only get a message once it leaves it on the way to you.
so if you order something and your closest warehouse doesn't have it they'll ship it from one that has it to that one and then to you.
so it takes a while for them to start shipping it to you.
>>
How much storage space would it take to convert an average human body into data

Like if you have a teleportation system that scans your body and then breaks it down and sends it to the other end of the system to build up again, how many gb, tb, pb or whatever would that data be
>>
>>59289844
Installing openGapps will install Google services and the playstore even pico package comes with it.
>>
>>59290120
well guess I have no choice then. Thanks anon
>>
File: 1485624686950.jpg (65KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485624686950.jpg
65KB, 600x450px
MDL link and mirror to MSToolkit download isn't working for me.

Any other know reliable links you can point me to?
>>
>>59281451
It will tell me stuff like "no matching function for call to" or "expected constructor, destructor,..." and I have no idea why.

I swear I've checked several times on includes and the right headers, but just not seeing it.
>>
I have an old bit of embedded hardware that I want to hook a shitton of memory into.

It has an IDE interface and nothing else.

Can I stick an SD card or USB stick in this with some kind of adaptor?
>>
File: 1462724269548.jpg (57KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1462724269548.jpg
57KB, 420x420px
How do I make money using my HTML and CSS skills?
>>
>>59280226
Chinkpad x201. It's not 11 inches, but good luck finding one that small that isn't a cramped underpowered netbook.
>>
Will letting a nylon filter soak in carbonated water overnight ruin it?
>>
Can someone explain to me what a coprocessor is and how it is used/set up?
>>
>>59279590
>2013

>RSS
>>
>>59289184
Most of what you'll be doing with Javascript is manipulating HTML and CSS, so once you're comfortable with them?

In any case, once you understand the basics of HTML and CSS, you can just reference specific tags and attributes as needed. It shouldn't take you more than a day to reach that point. It's just markup...
>>
>>59283837
late but thanks
>>
>>59290471

It's like a GPU, but not specifically for graphics.
It can do certain things really well but generally doesn't have the tools to execute on its own. It's usually in a slave configuration accepting commands from the main processor.
>>
I got drunk and shaved my head bald last night and now I'm regretting it and really don't want to meet anybody because I am embarrassed to be seen like this. Is there anything I can do to hide this until my hair grows back?
>>
>>59290665
a hat
>>
i haven't used windows in a while, what's a decent free anti virus?
>>
I want to change the default DE from my RPI 3 to i3wm, how do i edit startx?
>>
>>59290719
it ships with one, you don't need a 3rd party one.
Just don't open all the executeable love letters you get sent by mail from strangers.
>>
>>59290719
Avast is pretty good
>>
>>59290748
the comp isnt for me, it's for my dad, and knowing him he will fuck it up in 4 months
>>
>>59290719
avast is probably the best one, but even that is trash.
The best way to go is malware bytes (leave the active monitoring off) and ublock origin + windows defender.

>>59290721
just add the line to your .Xresources
>>
>>59290803
>>59290768
>avast

ok thanks
>>
What's the best way of messing around in PHP?
Are there any online tools you can use to test basic stuff? Or is it better to just set up a local server?
If the latter, what's the best way to do it in Windows? IIS or Apache?
>>
>>59290866
php has an integrated server that you can run with php -S.
No need to setup an actual server.
>>
>>59290878
Do I need to 'install' PHP or anything?
I'm not entirely sure how it works.
>>
tl;dr on this vault7 thing pl0x
>>
>>59290888
well, you want to have php.
download it, put it into path if you want or just run php.exe with it's full path if you fancy.
>>
File: 1451448811019[1].jpg (634KB, 776x3623px) Image search: [Google]
1451448811019[1].jpg
634KB, 776x3623px
Is there one of those marinara trench pictures for /g/ of like, operating systems?
>>
>>59290866

>Or is it better to just set up a local server?
This.

>>59290888

I'm not sure how it works on Windows either. But once you install it you can probably invoke it from the command line with
php -S localhost:8080
>>
>>59290905
>>59290910
Thanks.
>>
I need an image editor for Android that'll let me put two images together into one.
I've tried a few apps but they're all just filters and other useless things
>>
>>59290940
try picstitch. it's pretty terrible but it's the only app I've found that lets me do this.
>>
How can I make the equivalent of a console in Java AWT?
Making a basic text game and want the newest test to be displayed at the bottom, while it scrolls the rest up.

On another note, would it be better to learn and switch to Swing/JavaFX? It's only a small project.
>>
>>59290908
>marinara trench
>>
>>59290803
wich line to .Xresources?
can you explain me a bit more?
Thanks
>>
File: B0Fj-hZIMAAdCkt.png (356KB, 506x662px) Image search: [Google]
B0Fj-hZIMAAdCkt.png
356KB, 506x662px
What's the best Python book for a beginner-intermediate? Don't say LPTHW, because I'm not reading that.
>>
>>59291104
wait if you just want to use a specific WM you just have to select it from your login screen (GDM, etc).
The next time you start your compute it should autoselect the last picked WM.
>>
>>59289641
hey genius maybe you should post the links you are trying to type if you are asking for troubleshooting

are you including the "http://" when you shouldn't? are you failing to include it when you should?
>>
>>59279590
i've used RSSOwl as my RSS reader ever since google's RSS thing was killed and i'm content with it
>>
>>59290612
Perfect thanks. I am looking at some and they are saying 61 cores at 1.3Ghz. How much better/worse is this than a typical i7?
>>
I am using create_ap to broadcast a hotspot from a laptop using wlan.
see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=162895

Is it possible to set up an html page to load if someone on this hotspot goes to 192.168.x.x?
>>
File: 1486916254438.png (1MB, 768x1784px) Image search: [Google]
1486916254438.png
1MB, 768x1784px
>>59290908
there are iceberg meme variants for /g/.

search for iceberg in filename on rbt.asia/g/ for posts/threads
>>
>>59290288

Solved my own problem

T-thanks /g/

https : // cloud mail ru/public/CFTU/FwivXTrdW
>>
Are there any good open source video editing software solutions out there?
>>
>>59291653
shotcut.
not sure about the "good" part though. but it's useable.
>>
File: umart.png (396KB, 2511x1553px) Image search: [Google]
umart.png
396KB, 2511x1553px
I'm looking for a good value video card. VideocardBenchmarks site says Radeon RX 470 8gb is best value.
I look on umart (Ausfag site), see several RX 470's under different brands. Confused by this whole "same card different brand" configuration. The cards themselves look different too, like the MSI ones are red.
Which one do I get? Are they really the same?

>Pic related
>>
>>59291653
depends on what kind of editing you're trying to do
i've heard openshot suggested before
ffmpeg is very good at the things it does, but it doesn't necessarily do the things you want (like having any graphical interface whatsoever)
>>
>>59291707
reference cards are the ones directly from amd/nvidia.
the other brands may use different PCB layouts, coolers and clocks to boost efficiency.
So some cards are already slightly overclocked, some run more silent and some just look silly or on some you just get a longer warranty.

If you don't care about any of these just pick the cheapest/prettiest one to you.
>>
>>59291346
I don't know shit about assembly, what does menuetOS being written in assembly entail?
>>
File: 1427_161026111243v1.png (21KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1427_161026111243v1.png
21KB, 200x200px
Is there a way to permanently disable the starting background layer being locked? It's incredibly annoying to have to duplicate it and delete the original every time
>>
>>59291801
Ask in /gd/.
>>>/gd/
>>
>>59291767
So AMD/nvidia cards will just say "amd" or "nvidia" on the label? Meaning in my pic there is no amd or nvidia brand versions of the card?

Another dumb question: 4gb or 8gb matter much for light gaming/student-level 3D modelling? Trying to get the cheapest but best option that's better than my HD 7850.
>>
>>59291884
In gaming? as long you are playing only in 1080p it wont matter.
3D modelling? enough to be noticeable.

Ask /3/ about it.
>>
>>59291746
I shoot with a DSLR and I want to be able to able to do some simple editing, maybe some color grading. Basic stuff.
>>
Will leaving my PS4 controller plugged into my computer and powered off drain its battery?
>>
wats habbenin
>>
>>59291346
Where does Elementary OS fall on this?
>>
>>59292092
No.

If your computer is able to power a device while off it will charge.
If no, then nothing will happen.

USB A only can charge devices.
>>
Can someone explain what gnu hurd is? I know it replaces Linux, but what benefits does it have other than cutting Linus out of the ecosystem? Why is it so mythical?
>>
>>59292291
gnu turd lel
>>
How can software that's free like America not have to be free like beer? How can you charge money for software when the source code is out there for anyone to compile? Why do freetards think this is a viable business model for all software?
>>
>>59292467
fully automated gay space communism
>>
>>59292467
>free like America

here we go
>>
My headset doesn't sound that loud when connected to my PC (I have it on the motherboard audio port)
But when it is connected to my phone its MUCH louder.

Why can that be?
>>
>>59292553
Audio drivers.
>>
File: Driver.png (21KB, 384x414px) Image search: [Google]
Driver.png
21KB, 384x414px
>>59292568
Ah. What should I do?

I have done multiple installs before and it sounds the same as it does now. So don't know.
>>
If you want to fetch html from google searches many times in a python (or any other) script, should you wait between each one?
I mean could google (or any website, for that matter) consider it flooding?
>>
>>59292553
impedance
>>
>>59292674
What do
>>
>>59291801
you can double click it and hit enter
>>
>>59292719
Thanks but you're telling me how to remove it for a single opened document. I'm asking for how to disable it forever, so that it never does this shit by deafult
>>
>>59292703
if you're using all the volume your soundcard can provide then you're most likely listening way louder than you should. But anyway if you need more you can try buying a simple external soundcard. Look into that
I'd suggest learning to enjoy quieter volumes tho
>>
>>59292779
Thanks. I do actually enjoy the quieter volumes but sometimes I like to blast music. Mostly had me curious because the phone was much louder.
>>
>>59292748
I know man, sorry. I'm not sure you can override that behaviour. Photoshop and Adobe in general have those little things that are incredible.
I just pointed out a way of doing it a bit faster
>>
>>59292808
yeah there a lot of factors going on around volume and sound quality. Which in the end translates into hearing differently using the same headphones.
>>
Have you ever seen something so beautiful it literally blew your mind?
>>
File: torrent.png (21KB, 312x696px) Image search: [Google]
torrent.png
21KB, 312x696px
What is all this? I'm trying to pirate a movie.
>>
>>59292886
They also sound great on the phone. (There is more bass, there is barely any on the PC)
I also noticed that front audio was a bit louder then the motherboard ports. Not much though.
>>
>>59292911
Bluray?
>>
>>59292929
It says BRRip DVDr
>>
>>59292911
The movie. It's basically how it is stored on disk, with chapters, menus and everything
>>
>>59292972
Open the folder with MPC "Open Bluray folder" option, its the movie.
>>
>>59292902
my waifu
>>
>>59292617
pleaserespond
>>
>>59292902
A shotgun
>>
>>59292467
well you have shit like redhat where the software is free but they sell you techsupport FOR the software

but yeah the endgoal is gay space communism, FOSS doesnt really mesh with selling software
>>
>>59292973
>>59292979
Coolio, thanks anons.
>>
>>59292918
are you sure you don't have some kind of sound enhancer thing going on in the phone? It could be a setting in your music program or sometimes even the OS.
>>
>>59293049
I use Poweramp on the phone, and I am not completely sure to be honest. Looked on Poweramp and the only thing I can find that I have selected that could possibly change volume is the Direct Volume Control option.
>>
>>59293101
>I use Poweramp on the phone
That's it. Poweramp enables the equaliser by default. I used to use it.
Look for the equaliser in your music player on your PC. It'll probably have a preset called bass and treble boost or something like that, which is the default on Poweramp if I remember correctly. Try a few presets though, you might find one that you like more. If your software doesn't have an equaliser, Foobar2000 is a great choice.
>>
>>59293162
I use MPC-HC as my audio player. Don't seem to find a setting, maybe it doesn't have it? Foobar might be a good option for me.
>>
Hey /g/
I have an alcatel one touch. My phone has been wonky lately. For some reason when I open an app, it wont let me tap anything and then when I close it and open it again it works. It does this on almost every app. Any idea why?
>>
>>59293217
I googled it and apparently MPC-HC doesn't have a built in equaliser but there are addons you can use. You could also have a look in your audio driver control panel, some of them have it built in.
>>
>>59293279
Factory reset?
>>
>>59293295
that's the next thing I'm gonna do but only as a last resort.
>>
>>59293291
My audio driver control panel is extremely basic, doesn't have one. I guess I'll give Foobar a try. Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it so much.
>>
Can you save things onto the same USB drive you boot live Linux from?

I have little experience with Linux. Basically I want to rescue some files from a partly dead windows tablet from a live Ubuntu USB.

Problem is the tablet only has one usb slot so I can't just put another drive in there to save things. Only reason I'm asking is because I tried it myself and I can't find a test file I saved.
>>
>>59293627
yes. I've done it several times. What you want to do is have a 2nd drive to install it on then so you can boot it directly to it.

Start with something easy like mint or ubuntu. Don't go balls deep till you have AT LEAST basic knowledge. Linux isn't complicated it's just not used AS much as windows and mac
>>
New Thread

>>59293686
>>59293686
>>59293686
>>59293686
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.