[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ ~ Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 42

File: 987654.png (91KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
987654.png
91KB, 640x360px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE and WAIT for a reply. You are NOT entitled to an answer.

>Specialized Threads:
Stallman/LINUX: >>>/g/fglt
PC buy & build: >>>/g/pcbg
Mech Keyboards: >>>/g/mkg
Smartphones: >>>/g/spg
Programming: >>>/g/dpt
Headphones: >>>/g/hpg
Torrenting: >>>/g/ptg
Web Dev: >>>/g/wdg

Read the sticky before posting, you can often find the answer faster there: >>51971506

>Same goes for taking a minute or two and googling your issue first.
DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION! You wont get an answer faster, and some people look for posts without replies.

Redirect anyone creating their own thread with >>>/g/sqt

Previous Thread - >>58869687
>>
File: 1486618761964.jpg (26KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486618761964.jpg
26KB, 720x720px
>>58878267
I need a new mouse, if some one has an updated info-graphic that'd be lovely. currently using a g500 from years ago. wat do?
>>
>>58878433
gpro or g403
>>
How much power does a sys_fan header output?

Trying to connect an H100i v2 to the PWM fan header on an enthoo evolv, the pump/fan power itself wont fit on the fan header like all the other builds Ive done with headers.

Apparently need to figure out a different header for the AIO power.
>>
File: dawcawe.jpg (59KB, 947x599px) Image search: [Google]
dawcawe.jpg
59KB, 947x599px
my ps4 is currently connected to my monitor. my monitor has an audio pass through. if i connect that pass through to my pc's line-in with this cable, will i be able to hear my ps4 using headphones connected to my pc?
>>
My retarded tech illiterate sister got one of those encryption ransom """"FBI"""" viruses. I decided to format the C drive from gparted to teach her a lesson, and because the shithead who made the virus doesn't deserve a cent. I didn't touch the boot partition, should I also format that? Is it possible for the virus to fuck up future windows installs?
>>
>>58878595
what the fuck? ive never heard of anyone doing this, why not just get a bluetooth headset for you ps4?
>>
>>58878624
half measure vs full measure, you decide
>>
>>58878433
I have a g402 and it's pretty nice.
Whatever you decide to buy, wait for it to go on sale though.

>>58878624
no harm in just wiping everything and then reinstalling.
>>
>>58878595
Yes, if you have an adapter that will end with aux, you just plug it in to the line in jack and tell windows to "listen to this device".

I do this with a surface pro 4 so I can have streams and whatnot in the background during benching or w/e, audio is perfectly synced.
>>
If I were to purchase a used Mac would it be wiser to get a MacBook pro or a Mac Pro? I just need it for some music related stuff. What should I look for hardware wise? How old is too old?
>>
>>58878267
this is not /ptg/
please remove >>>/ptg/ from the OP
this is appropriation
>>
>>58878538
probably about 1 amp
>>
Hey /g/ I was wondering if buying a Moto E2 LTE is worth it, I got mugged my moto g 1st gen last monday and I'm phoneless. I dont really do much on it besides basic social apps, music on headphones and youtube. Is it worth buying for $50 brand new with a 32gb microsd bundled? Would it be much of a downgrade? I really don't feel like spending anything over $70 for anything
>>
wtf is this shit doing in ptg?
>>
I have an older film camera and a newer digital camera (hx300) will the film camera have a better picture?
>>
File: 21181.jpg (185KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
21181.jpg
185KB, 1200x900px
Is it worth hooking my computer up via ethernet? I don't do any gaming or really anything really network taxing unless you count downloading chinese cartoons, and I'm currently using my motherboard's wifi. It's working good for me so far.
>>
File: .jpg (160KB, 936x1000px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
160KB, 936x1000px
Has anyone here played e.y.e divine cybermancy?
It's on an old as fuck source engine and I could run the pirated version perfectly, but I have bought it on steam and it runs like absolute shit with all settings on the lowest possible option. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>58879619
is more about consistency than anything, wont improve speeds unless your mobos wifi is shit, but if you have the option theres no reason not to either
>>
should I flash bios? Is it really needed?
>>
>>58879750
look at the release notes for every versions between the one you currently have and the latest
is there anything you need from them?
if yes, consider flashing the latest version
if no, don't bother
>>
>People I know buy computer
>Ask me to look at it for them
>I guess because I look smart
> See something on the desktop that says Adobe
>Turn around and ask "Did you buy this from a brick company?"
>>
>>58879619

From good to better is always nice.
>>
>>58879215
No i5/i7? Too old.
No USB3? Too old.
>>
>>58879505
http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/digital-cameras-a-buyer-s-guide-v2-0_Page-6

5 megapixels is good enough for 6" x 4" prints.
8 megapixels is good enough for A4 prints.
12 megapixels is good enough for A3 prints.
>>
>>58878624
Everything's most likely encrypted so just wipe everything
>>
>reboot
>suddenly no video output
I can still access the UEFI because it beeps when I do but I'm not getting anything from onboard graphics nor my graphics card. What do I do?

>>58878267
Why? >>58877654
>>
Whenever I try to copy a folder (1.6gb) to an SD card, it takes 6 fukcing hours or more and some files are corrupted. can I do anything to avoid this bullshit?

I've tried at least 12 times and it's always the same
>>
Let's say I want to install the grub bootloader but later decide to go rid of it. How do I do that?
>>
>>58879963
More info?
Operation System, USB, Firewire, Exact Type of SD
>>
>>58879782
I pressume I do it before installing OS and such but will it work if I move the bios file to a usb3.0 stick? also there is a special usb named "bios flashback" on i/o is there where I put the stick right?
>>
>>58880019
doesn't matter when you do it
>there is a special usb named "bios flashback" on i/o is there where I put the stick right?
i guess, check your motherboard manual
>>
>>58879963
Are you sure your originals are not corrupted?
Do the checksums of the files on your SD card differ from the checksums of your originals?

To get some speed, I could consider a card with UHS and a USB3 adapter.

Maybe something like:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexar-Professional-microSDHC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B011UX9970/
>>
>>58878267
quit linking other generals in your faggot ass thread
>>
>>58879863
Fug everything just has thunderbolt and usb2 and firewire
>>
>>58880235
Go for it, I'm using a 2008 iMac right now and it's great. You'll need a 2009 or newer to officially run Sierra though.
>>
>>58879625
nvm I was running it on integrated graphics lel
>>
Debian here
Checking on my wifi driver it says the driver is there, my firmware is N/A.
If i dual boot on windows the card works fine, here on debian internet stop working every 10-15 mins.
I have tried a lot of solutions googling etc.
I was wondering if there is some kind of "check or install for missing firmware" tu put on the cli or if any of you had this problem.

chipset is rtl8192CE of an ASUS N15 wifi card
>>
What's a good replacement for firefox? Is waterfox a good idea?

I used to use Iceweasel but every time I try to run it, it becomes firefox.
>>
>>58880466
https://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x

Searching for "rtl8192ce" on the page gives a lot of useful stuff including firmware and intermittent drop outs.
>>
>>58880508
>>58880508
>https://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x
Thanks, I already passed on that page but i will try more stuff from it.
>>
I have the Intel Corporation DX58SO (J1PR) motherboard currently and an i7 920 in it.
I was wondering today, why the hell does this board support DDR3 1600 when none of the processors that the board supports has a memory controller capable of that speed?
And if there is a 1366 chip that supports that frequency, which one is it?
>>
Can anybody explain to me or point to a source about what an invalid misc is? Talking about wifi stuff.
>>
if all i have are various random programs to test things, do i stand any chance of getting a dev job?
>>
>>58881184
An invalid MAC address you mean? Depends on the context.
>>
>>58881546
Nah, basically running iwconfig among the infos i get there is a "Invalid misc".
It's more than 0 and my wifi is having problems so i think it might be related to that.
>>
Can I use internal graphics and GPU graphics at the same time?

Like having a VGA from the board with IG and HDMI from the card as two monitors
>>
>>58881869
yes
>>
I want to have another OS on my laptop, which should allow me only one thing: writing. Nothing else. The reason should be clear – I just don't want to get distracted.

How can I go about this efficiently?
>>
>>58882026
So you want a glorified typewriter?

I could help you steer in the right direction.

Few questions.
>Are you comfortable with text editor or do you require a full blown word processor?
>What about network connectivity?
Do you need a GUI network manager so you can switch wlan networks on the go or are you fine with configuring it once and forgetting about it (like on a desktop)
>How do you want to export your files?
Are you going to print them, copy to another device or what?
>Are you comfortable with the command line.
>>
>>58882026
>>58882063
Oh and the most importantly, if the answer to the first questions is "text editor", are you familiar with Emacs?
>>
>>58882026
You could set up any Linux distro without an X environment and just write in a text editor from the command line.

If you need windows and a word processor, install a WM/DE, get LibreOffice, set up your system and environment how you like it, and then just uninstall any packages that might be sources of distraction.

Or start practicing meditation.
>>
>>58878624
if you get that virus again, follow the steps.
>Turn off computer.
>Turn on your computer and immediately press F8.
>Now you are in the boot menu, boot up in safe mode with networking
>Now you are in safe mode. Search for the virus in your explorer and registry
>Delete them
>Download a antivirus and install it
>Scan your computer
>If your antivirus finds the virus, it will delete it
Now you are safe.
>>
>>58882123
It won't help with the encryption ransomware.
It encrypts all personal files with an unobtainable decryption key, so you're just wasting time trying to put a system back to life with all your files gone.

Just reinstall the system
>>
File: 1477192042346.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477192042346.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
Computer won't power on.

Its my little brothers 'gaming' pc so it has those neon like LEDs at the front.

When I press the power button the front 'neon' LEDs flash once, Nothing else is getting power, no fans not the HDD; nothing.

Any tips? Is the PSU? I also already checked with another power cable; same thing.
>>
>>58878433
I think it depends a lot on your preferences. Been using a G700 for years (later G700s when that one broke, same mouse basically but different software and some extra decals on the back) and think it can't be beat in the wired/wireless hybrid niche. Tons of programmable buttons makes your life much easier once you get used to giving them useful functions for the programs you use, also super easy to plug/unplug as needed assuming you're sitting at a desk.

Though if you want to use it exclusively wirelessly the short battery life might become annoying. I usually just unplug it when I'm doing gaming or other tasks requiring rapid mouse movement where the friction of the cord might be annoying.
>>
>>58882258
>When I press the power button the front 'neon' LEDs flash one.
It could be everything including the motherboard.

If the motherboard's dead it probably took the CPU and ram with itself.

Unplug everything from the motherboard but the CPU and start troubleshooting.
>>
>>58882258
Even the PSU fan isn't spinning? Would assume it is the PSU in that case.
>>
>>58882063
Thanks for your reply.

>So you want a glorified typewriter?
Yes. A typewriter that can save files.
>Are you comfortable with text editor or do you require a full blown word processor?
The only thing I need is something to type. Maybe the ability to write in italic type could come in handy.
I don't know about Emacs. I've used Linux only once for about two weeks.
>What about network connectivity?
Do I really need Internet, if I just want to write? I don't need to switch anything, I guess.
>How do you want to export your files?
Probably on a stick. Or to the other partition if that is possible.
>Are you comfortable with the command line.
No. You see I am not very experienced… But it can't be too hard, to get what I want, right? But Linux sounds right for this. With Windows there are always things, you can't control.
>>
What the hell is C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\mcaudrv.sys and why did Malwarebytes pick it up as a PUP? There is also an _x64 version.
>>
File: 1471655462246.jpg (652KB, 1901x2460px) Image search: [Google]
1471655462246.jpg
652KB, 1901x2460px
>>58882290
Will try this, thanks anon.
>>58882291
Yeah the whole things silent, It confused me why the LEDs flash once. Thanks Anon. The PC was a pre-built one and hes been using it for 2 years. Could be a bad PSU.
>>
/g/, i have a really old computer.
Won't upgrade till next year,
but need a RAM upgrade now and want to move to
64bit Windows 7 (am running a 32bit system now).

It has a
• ABIT IP35V board, which still works miraculously.
• Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

The ABIT board has:
• 4x 240-pin DIMM slots support
maximum memory capacity up to 8GB.
• Supports Dual Channel DDR2
1066/800/667 Un-buffered Non-ECC
memory.

The question:
Will i loose anything by getting 2x 4GB RAM cards and putting them into two slots,
instead of going 4x 2GB RAM cards into all 4 slots?
Can one 240-pin DIMM slot hold out one 4GB RAM card?
>>
File: Bonzi_Buddy.png (323KB, 363x303px) Image search: [Google]
Bonzi_Buddy.png
323KB, 363x303px
Is BonziBUDDY
>>
>>58882346
safe now?
>>
File: help me g.png (31KB, 880x575px) Image search: [Google]
help me g.png
31KB, 880x575px
>>58882314
What the hell is mcaudrv.sys?
>>
>>58882394
>>58882314
Go ahead and get rid of them. It's just trash left over from ManyCam. Nothing to worry about m8
>>
File: 1472429047140.jpg (149KB, 2000x1398px) Image search: [Google]
1472429047140.jpg
149KB, 2000x1398px
>>58882258
>>58882290
>>58882291
>>58882334

I'm back after removing all power cables from everyting except the motherboard, I removed the RAM and GPU. When I press the power button; from what I can see the CPU fan spins for a bout 1 second then stops, the whole thing PSU included doesn't make a sound. Is it the PSU or the Mobo?
>>
>>58882394
vidrv and audrv should be self-explanatory.
Leftover video and audio driver software for some program or device.
>>
>>58882297
I was asking about Emacs because it would be the tool I'd use if I was tasked with creating an environment you asked for.

https://youtu.be/FtieBc3KptU
I know it's an hour long lecture but It's a great insight into what Emacs can offer to someone who doesn't come from technical field at all.

>No. You see I am not very experienced… But it can't be too hard, to get what I want, right?
Exactly. The setup you want would not require any advanced unix knowledge beyond the setup.
Once your finish setting it up, it's done.

As a starter you can read http://www.howardism.org/Technical/Emacs/new-window-manager.html

Just follow the steps described.
>You get Ubuntu LTS server edition (server bit is important, you obviously don't want a full blown desktop environment)
>install xinit
>install emacs
>configure emacs
>write

Now with emacs it's a bit of a rabbit hole.
There are package managers, various modes/extensions/plugins and shitton of configurability.
You can even write your shit in LaTeX and have emacs export it to .pdf

As for transferring data from one machine to another all you have to do is write an fstab entry so your system mounts a plugged USB drive automatically and just copy files with the cp command (or Emacs dired mode which is a file manager)
>>
Are external GPUs a total meme? I'm installing a RX 480 tomorrow so my HD 7870 has become spare. Would be comfy to be able to take it with my Thinkpad when I travel.
>>
>>58882474
I have to say: it does look quite complicated right now to me. But I will delve into it, and then it should be easy.
Thank you very much for your time!
>>
>>58882585
They most certainly work

>Would be comfy to be able to take it with my Thinkpad when I travel.
So you're going to take a thinkpad, a powered e-GPU case and a monitor with you?
>>
>>58882615

Hotels/houses have TVs, lad.

Would using one mean I'd have to use an external display?
>>
>>58882593
If you want the easy way you could always install FreeDOS
http://www.freedos.org/

And find a word processor for it (there were plenty of them for DOS)

Though I really do believe that you would cripple yourself.
>>
I can hear a faint clank, or something like that coming from my hdd. It happens randomly and it's not constant. Should I back up my shit? It's a seagate :(
>>
>>58882346
>>58882355
Are there safe copies of Bonzi Buddy? I want to try it out.
>>
>>58882784
use a diagnostic tool and see if anything is wrong with the SMART
>>
>>58882811
Are there waifu desktop assistants already?
>>
File: fas.jpg (148KB, 679x604px) Image search: [Google]
fas.jpg
148KB, 679x604px
>>58882814
I checked with some tools yesterday and they all said it was in perfect condition, only one program was showing 87% health.
>>
how do i get a file with a bad filename out of a read only drive on windows?

ive got an ext4 partition mounted via doxbox, and i need some files off it that contain invalid characters which makes windows shit the bed whenever it so much as looks at them. i need to take these files and put them on another drive with a proper filename.
>>
My Oneplus X has been buggy lately. Apps won't load and sometimes the entire phone needs to be rebooted for things to work.
Would it be worth rooting the phone and putting another OS on there? Or would factory resetting solve this?
The phone's storage is about 92% full, though I can't view the folders/files that are taking up all this space.
>>
What is the story behind Bonzi Buddy?
>>
Does anyone have a decent build for a mini itx?
I would like to replace my bulky desktop for something a lot smaller for daily use
>>
>>58882997
Malware for your computer in exchange of giving you a personal assistant
>>
Could anyone recommend a good reference python book? I don't need introduction to programming or introduction to python. I'm more interested in advanced stuff you can do in python in the pythonic way.
>>
>>58882866
Shame you blurred your s/n, was just going to hack your drive...

>fag
>>
>open thread, very intelligent, well constructed OP
>feel like contributing to answers
>see more stupid answers than stupid questions
mong, if you are here waiting for an answer to your stupid question, replying with a stupid answer to other's questions while you wait is seriously not okay
>>
>>58883093
I'm behind 7 firewalls
>>
Is there a way to get the thumbnail view on Ubuntu? I finally got rid of Windows on my Dad's computer and the not having a thumbnail view when uploading pictures is his only complaint.
>>
Best way to make a gif out of an After Effects vector animation?

Rendering as mp4 then importing frames into Photoshop doesn't work, PS keeps throwing tantrums because the gif would be "too large" (~2MB).

Or at least how do I make a webm behave as a gif on my site, that is, immediate playback, no player, looping etc.
>>
>>58883392
short answer: no
long answer: no, install opensuse with KDE, that's the only way you'll ever get that
>>
How to recover data from possibly dead external HDD ? I don't really know the condition of the drive, but it's not fully working, so in any case what steps could I try to recover pictures etc from it and what software would be the best for the job?
>>
>>58883863
A flash drive and copy paste your shit manually
>>
What's the best browser for android?
>inb4 lightning
>>
eurocuck here
what's the best budget mid tower case ? I'd like if it had at least magnetic dust filters
>>
>>58884536
>eurocuck
SHARKOON BW9000
There are white/black/windowed/windowless versions.
>>
File: 2017-02-10_17-32-52.png (4KB, 357x91px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-10_17-32-52.png
4KB, 357x91px
How do I disable this shit? It came with classic m enu
>>
File: 1414850087071.jpg (33KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
1414850087071.jpg
33KB, 269x270px
How do I check if a website is using the 'browser-safe color palette'?
It's for an assignment and I don't know what would show if the CSS is using it. I'm presuming no modern website supports it but want to be sure.
>>
The only way I have to get data into my PowerMac 6100 is through CDs or Floppies. I haven't tried floppies yet, but would I need some kind of program to read Mac floppies on Linux or does it just work?
>>
File: wavy.png (25KB, 1915x1055px) Image search: [Google]
wavy.png
25KB, 1915x1055px
When I ssh to my mpd server and start ncmpcpp, utf-8 displays correctly.
However, if I run "ssh -t servername ncmpcpp",
utf doesn't display properly.
What's happening?

pic related.
>>
File: thingkeng.png (4KB, 243x208px) Image search: [Google]
thingkeng.png
4KB, 243x208px
I'm a little stumped on this one.
Hard drive died so I got a new one and installed Win 7. Previously had Win 10 on the old one.

After a couple days, I noticed that my computer would just randomly start doing the USB disconnect/reconnect bloops like 5 or 6 times every now and then. I figured I had a dying phone charger cord, but it kept happening after I got a new one.

It was just a little annoying at first, but then the bloops kept happening more frequently, and now every 10 or so bloop cycles, my computer will disable half of my usb devices at random.

The only constant is that it always kills my "usb sound card" (long story, but I need it) and my game controller no matter what ports they are plugged into.
I've read about stuff like USB power saving mode and toggled those all to never shut off, but it didn't seem to help.

I'm guessing its either something with the shitty sound card thing or something got fucked with my drivers, but I have no clue what I'm doing.

Shits driving me insane. Please help.
>>
What's the best way to clean my headphone pads? Can I just detach them, soak them in water with some detergent, squeeze out, and let sit for a day or so and be good as new?

Kinda accidentally got blood all over one of them and they're both kind of greasy anyway.
>>
>>58885293
If your headphones aren't shit they should be fairly easy to take out, logically you should be able to wash them with soapy water and be done with it, but shit happens, maybe the materials won't react good to water, can't comment on that
>>
>>58885321
Yeah, they are easily detachable (though lining up the little foam in-liners again when I put them back on can be annoying)
>>
>>58884971
You are running ncmpcpp from ssh instead of from a shell.
>>
>>58885329
Not that ssh isn't a shell but I mean a shell like bash/sh/zsh
>>
>>58885234
Check USB headers are in correctly.
>>
File: IMG_20170210_184712.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170210_184712.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
I've got a Lian Li PC-09 and its drive bay is the shittiest piece of crap to annoy me in a long time

It's SO loud, the vibrations from my WD Black (an admittedly loud HDD to begin with) resonating through the case along with the fan whir getting carried throughout, too, well, it's driving me insane; you can hear in the adjacent rooms to mine and if you're downstairs it sounds like fucking gunfire if the HDD is seeking

Are there any less obvious home remedies I can try? I've worked up from putting duct tape to stop metal/metal contact, which I then tried again with some rubber; I've swapped what slot the HDD is in until there was no swapping left to try; I got some better rubber-bits for the screws and so on. Nothing worked, nada, nowt, zilch

I'd really not like to suspend the HDD with elastic as I'd like it to remain hard mounted and it wouldn't solve the problem anyway (fans are an issue, too); if it was less than 30 days I'd be refunding the shit out of this case, never blow cash on "something pretty", guys, I've learnt the £400 down the shitter hard way

Pic related
>>
File: IMG_20170210_184746.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170210_184746.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>58886011
>>
ok guys so omegle has a shit bot detection system
basically after a certain amount of chats in a certain time frame, it will detect you as a bot and make you solve a captcha after each chat
the problem is 75% of users are horny dudes who will disconnect on you in 2 seconds, so you inevitably have to start solving captchas even if you're just a regular user
which makes the site unusable because now you have to solve a captcha every 2 seconds
how would one get around this?
>>
whats the best 1440p monitor that is at least 27'' and has gsync?
>>
>>58886238
Dell's only G-Sync offering
>>
>>58886222
buy omegle pass™
>>
>>58886271
haha
that's funny mr. anon
>>
>>58886292
Just stop using Omegle.
>>
File: 1223949377575.jpg (416KB, 1386x2070px) Image search: [Google]
1223949377575.jpg
416KB, 1386x2070px
>>58878267
Okay stupid question here. I upgraded to windows 10, and I'm realizing the stock photo viewer is HORRIBLE. Is there a way to get the original picture viewer without editing registry files?

Also, when I save some files, the extension .JIF appears. Is this some default extension with windows because its happens frequently (with pngs I suspect)
>>
File: wedon'tknow.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
wedon'tknow.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
If I format the disk on my external hardrive can I recover the files? Right now I can't access anything on it and I'm not able to back it up.
>>
>>58882811
my friend had it installed on his laptop for a year,it should be safe because the servers for it are long gone but it might not be
>>
>>58886408
Use recovery software, maybe recuva could help
>>
>>58886011
>>58886030
I'd just like to stress how desperately anxious this situation is making me as it's led to me simply not use the computer from fear of driving my neighbours insane

I'll take /any/ realistic ideas
>>
Is there a chance that Windows 10 will have an update one day where it will fuck with your bootloader and format your linux partition and then claim it was a bug?
>>
>>58886011
rubber everywhere and replace shitty fans
I don't really understand the problem as you've modified with pretty much every noise dampening thing like rubber pieces and those meme fan holders, it just seems that either your HDD or the fans are to blame for the sound so big it shouldn't even happen when all the components would be laid out on a wooden desk
>>
>>58886455
Drive down to BestBuy and purchase an SSD.
>>
>>58879619
yes. i have a 50 foot one for that purpose
>>
>computer off all night
>turn on
>fans run at low speed, no video, no POST LEDs, USB devices aren't on
>hit reset
>boots up normally and can run without issue until next shutdown where after being off for a few hours will repeat the same symptoms
What the hell is this? This only happens after being shutdown for a few hours. Computer will only pass POST on second boot never first. Any explanation?
>>
>>58882258
Austin?
>>
l put a pirated copy Windows 7 Home Premium on a computer and it is giving a "this copy of windows is unauthorized" message.

What do?
>>
>>58886692
daz loader, learn to steal if you do
>>
>>58886550
I'm using a 950 Pro, too

I got a 4TB 128MB cache WD Black knowing it would be silly loud for a HDD, however, I really wanted mad space, but I took another HDD from one of my friends PCs that I knew to be quiet and had the same issue

It's the fucking case (specifically the HDD bay as without it screwed in I can barely tell the PC is switched on via sound), though I saw nothing in reviews, so maybe I got a dud build, but it's literally tear inducing how stressed it's making me

Help :(
>>
>>58886513
I got stupidly priced Noctua Industrials for all ten fans, but it's only due to the HDD bay that those two make sound
>>
>>58886821
just bolt the HDD to the case itself, I don't know, how can the fucking bays actually amplify the sound, especially for paying that fuckhueg amount for a meme case
>>
File: 1485203037398.jpg (242KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485203037398.jpg
242KB, 1280x720px
>>58886821
>10 Noctua Industrials
>10 fucking server fans
>Complaining about noise
>>
>>58886821
>upidly priced Noctua Industrials
Aren't they the ones that are a lot louder than the standard noctua ones but have the "improved reliability" marketing gimmick?
>>
I never did this, compile a package from source, what do I need to do to insure maximum compatibility?

Also what does mean "compile for your platform"? Platform as in CPU architecture? OS? Linux Distribution?
>>
>>58886928
>what do I need to do to insure maximum compatibility?
compatibility between what?

>Also what does mean "compile for your platform"? Platform as in CPU architecture? OS? Linux Distribution
depends on the context
>>
>>58886914
>>58886868
They're quiet as fuck, i m o

It's not fan noise, it's vibration, serious bass sounding vibration, mostly caused by the HDD, but those two fans (also on the HDD bay) don't help matters

>>58886852
I came into silly money and the whole build was a tiny chip of it, I'd never had the chance to build a silly high end PC, so I thought I'd treat myself

I regret everything

I'll think of a case butchering solution, then, which is fucking nuts given the cost

Well, I regret the case, even though it's the coldest computer I've ever owned and can OC a beaut without "water"
>>
Can I torrent movies on a Chromebook?
>>
>>58887075
don't chromebooks generally have ridiculously small storage capacities?
>>
>>58887013
Between the package that I'll compile and my OS?
>>
>>58886615
CMOS battery?

>>58886692
>>58886767
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k6cqg74oou2wvj/Windows_Loader_v1.9.6.7z?dl=0

from MDL forums
>>
I'm currently on Ubuntu 16 but want to change. What distro should I use if i like the comfyness of elementary OS but also want to develop? Already tried Solus but I don't like it.
>>
>>58887081
Wel if he has a Chromebook I doubt that is an issue since he is probably stupid enough to watch his movies in FLV format.
>>
Sup fa/g//g/ots

I just bought a Club 3D MiniDP 1.2a to HDMI 2.0 adapter and an HDMI 2.0 cable to hook up the 7970 in my HTPC to my 4k TV and run it at 60fps
Except wangblows 10 and AMD's software won't actually let me select that refresh rate as if it's still connected over the regular HDMI port

Any suggestions?
>>
>>58887106
>Between the package that I'll compile and my OS?
What fucking package?
Are you sure you're wording that correctly?

What package you want to compile and what do you want it to be "maximum compatible" with?
>>
>>58887262
what outputs does your GPU have and what inputs does the TV have?
>>
>>58887270
No I don't know what I'm talking about exactly so it's very badly worded.

I want to compile on of the releases present there http://www.drbd.org/en/community/download
>>
>>58887308
What distro
>>
>>58887322
RHEL6
>>
>>58887332
>6
That sucks, the oldest compiled packages I could find are for epel7.
Your company can't afford a subscription?

https://www.drbd.org/en/doc/users-guide-84/ch-build-install-from-source

The bit that interests you the most is https://www.drbd.org/en/doc/users-guide-84/s-build-rpm
>>
>>58887332
>>58887402
Wait no.

Here''s compiled packages for epel6
https://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-drbd84
https://elrepo.org/tiki/drbd84-utils
>>
>>58887438
>drbd8.4
Can't I compile DRBD9 for my distro?
>>
I don't care about flippy stuff but I am looking for an Ultrabook for web browsing, word processing, video watching and old games like Diablo 2 when I am away from my desktop.

Anyone else know of a better Ultrabook that has a good screen, still has an SSD or easy to replace to one, and good build quality?

Best price I've found is but I don't think I'd ever use it in tablet mode. https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/ASUS-ZenBook-Flip-UX360CA-Signature-Edition-2-in-1-PC/productID.5056106500
>>
>>58887465
Well I couldn't find antything that says that you can't use 9.x on the 2.6 kernel.

I just linked you a binary version you don't have to compile.
Is there any feature from drbd9 you need that drbd8.4 doesn't have?
>>
Is it possible to reinstall steam to an ssd while leaving some of the games on the hdd that are already there?
>>
File: reeee.png (436KB, 1159x726px) Image search: [Google]
reeee.png
436KB, 1159x726px
>>58878267

i got one... just got this email from a client.

Anyone know what this bitch's problem is and why they're completely fucking retarded?
>>
>>58884721
bump
>>
>>58884721

selfproclaimed css expert here. that's an interesting question.

i always thought web safe colors were basic hex (#000) and name values (black), and was unaware that there was a actually way to detect that.
>>
>>58887562
yes, just make another library on another drive and move whatever you want to that then reinstall steam where you want it, then load shit from the libraries
>>
Did something happen to downgrade 3g since LTE came out? Everytime I'm in an area with only 3g coverage, it's a low slower than I remember 3g being before LTE came out.
>>
>>58887541
DRBD Manage, most of all I'd rather learn how to fish than be fed.
Is is such a pain in the ass to compile from source?
>>
>>58887641
so you can move things to a separate library without uninstalling them? in that case I could just move some of them straight to the ssd too. how do I move them though?
>>
>>58887661
I just linked you the fucking guide how do to it.

It's a step-by step process.
Literally download the source, install build requirements, compile, install.
>>
>0.05TB written to ssd after half a day

that seems bit much, is it because I was installing all that shit or wtf?
>>
>>58887686
steam settings -> downloads -> library
game property -> local files -> move
>>
>>58887699
probably, your drive will probably last 10 years don't sweat it
>>
>>58887699
move page, swap and temp to HDD along with downloads, documents and media.
>>
what was the last properly working firefox version? (or some fork or whatever)
>>
>>58887810
3.5 before they went full retard wannabe chrome
>>
>>58887810
Literally every version ever?
>>
>>58887272
HDMI 1.3, dual link DVI, and a pair of MiniDP 1.2 ports

The TV has 4 HDMI 2.0 ports that support 4k at 60fps
>>
>>58887744
do you know if that would remove mods by any chance?
>>
How many people do I share an IP range with on my cell phone (Verizon is my carrier)? I'm banned from starting threads on all boards I've tried because my "ISP, IP range, or country is banned due to abuse". I'm banned from posting comments in threads on a lot of boards, but not all of them. I can't start threads on /r9k/, but I can post comments for example.

Also, does 4chan ever undo these bans? Or will my IP range ever change?
>>
File: dns66.jpg (95KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
dns66.jpg
95KB, 1440x2560px
What does the button next to refresh do on the top right?
>>
>>58878267
I'm using Windows Partition Wizard to reduce a 1.4tb partition to 800gb, and ten adding that space to another partition. I restarted my computer to do the job, but the time counter stopped counting after 23 seconds.

How long should I expect this to take, and is the counter stopping normal?

Also what would happen if I just force shut it down right now by holdin down the power button?
>>
>>58887821
i need an upgrade, not downgrade. last decent one?
>>58887837
newest are fucked up
>>
>>58887798
I did that, is browser okay with edited about:page and such?
>>
>>58887859
It probably won't fuck up, I've forced shutdown whilst resizing partitions before and was fine. I found it best to use Mini partition tool though, the windows one is shit and just doesn't work most of the time.
>>
>>58887744
>>58887854
also is there a way to do that with all games instead of individually?
>>
>>58887856
I got a ban undone with an appeal, then I got a new IP and was banned for posting kiddie porn again

Just switch to Ting mobile, I never got a ban message with them. And they use everyone else's LTE network so you always have a fast as fuck signal
>>
>>58887854
no idea

>>58887892
make a new steam library, open your steam folder (old) and move the steamapps folder to the new library.
launch your game and it should look for the game files in the new location
>>
>>58887954
alright thanks
>>
>>58887887
Ahh, that's what I meant to say I was using. I just meant Windows as in my operating system.

I just rebooted and all seems to be fine, so thanks.
>>
File: 2017-02-10_22-16-15.png (70KB, 1666x939px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-10_22-16-15.png
70KB, 1666x939px
Hello /g/,

Is there a way to easily export to text files wav regions that can be later imported in different wav files? I can do that file by file with iZotope RX (Sound Forge in pic-related does not export precise enough files), but I find doing it manually to be a waste of time and I wish to automate it.
Also, to clarify things, I do not wish to export the audio within the regions, but the markers themselves in order to place them on other files.
>>
How do I make the steam window flash when I receive a message on Debian 8 with i3? I've checked the settings of course and it is set to flash but it doesn't. Any suggestions?
>>
What does the Logitech G403 do when it's plugged in with no drivers? One source says that the lights cycle through all 16.8 fucktillion colors, which would ruin that thing for me.
>>
>>58878267
Arch linux.
Installed graphics drivers.
Using only command line.
Fucking commandline became fucking blurry.
What the actual fuck
Fuck lincucks.
>>
Do I have any reason to buy a gtx 1080 over a gtx 1070 if I won't have 4k anytime soon? (Probably half a year or so, I'm satisfied with 1080p)

My monitor is 60mhz so I won't even be able to tell the difference between 120 fps vs 100

So is the 1080 just financially irresponsible?

The 1070 can handle gaming fine on its own anyway can't it?
>>
>>58888224
>using Arch
>manually installing graphics drivers
>>
>>58888206
just install drivers, turn off light then uninstall drivers?

but u might wanna make sure it works correctly without drivers in the first place.

>>58888244
not really worth it.
yes it can handle shit more than fine.
>>
>>58888262
What if I can get a month old 1080 with warranty for$ 500?

If I buy a 1070 new it comes out to like $430 with tax
>>
>>58888298
that is a good deal
>>
>>58888262
I'm sure there's unofficial Linux drivers, but I don't know how well those work for configuring the lights. I'm fine if it just stayed red or blue or whatever, I just don't want it to be a gay pride parade.
>>
>>58888309
ask the selling site or logitech directly
>>
>>58888308
Which one?

The 1080 for 500 or the 1070 for 430?
>>
>>58888308
Also, I should mention it's the 1080 with the blower, which is like $620 new but not as much power as the SC by a bit
>>
>>58888371
>>58888398
the 1080..
>>
>>58888309
Have you considered physically disabling the gay leds?
>>
>>58888502
B-but my 2-year limited hardware warranty
>>
I get a high pitched noise from my speakers even though they're hooked up via an audio interface

I thought it was the power supply so I tried a different one but it's still making the noise.

could it possibly be the cooler or something else on the motherboard? i turned it on while the case was open and i could hear a similar noise that sounded like it was coming from the cooler when i put my ear close to it
>>
My computer doesn't seem to run games well when it should. I have stuttering issues.

Most of the time it is fixed when I restart my computer and then eventually it'll start slowing down. I'm thinking it's my ram, but my CPU is quite old too, i5 2500. RX480 is my GPU. Anyone know?
>>
>>58888612
did you try stopping each fan and check if it goes away?
>>
>>>/wsr/264286

had this thread up all day yesterday on wsr and no response

anyone know a solution?
>>
>>58888643

What games? Got the same GPU but an ancient x4 640 and CSGo stutters at times for me
>>
>>58888643
post speccy
get openhwmonitor and check temps after gaming
>>
>>58888656
no, will stopping the cpu fan while the computer is on have any adverse effects?
>>
>>58888697
I've been playing Siege on all low settings. I have high FPS but the mouse seems to "stutter" but it's not a mouse issue.

It's not as pronounced in CSGO but it's definitely there. In all high demand games, I get a good amount of FPS but choppy gameplay (maybe because it's maintaining a high fps but dropped like 30-40 frames every few seconds)
>>
>>58888772
see >>58888724
and turn off Vsync
>>
File: Speccy64_2017-02-10_14-22-20.png (22KB, 459x401px) Image search: [Google]
Speccy64_2017-02-10_14-22-20.png
22KB, 459x401px
>>58888724
I have been, temps seem fine. I'm playing on low and I seem to be having issues with just not smooth game play.
>>
File: hearts.jpg (78KB, 536x484px) Image search: [Google]
hearts.jpg
78KB, 536x484px
My online computer games keep stalling for half a second for no reason. My task manager shows no interruption. What program can I use to determine where the issue is?
>>
>>58888825
>seem fine
you need to log the temps with another program so you can see max temp it reached.

did you properly uninstall old drivers before updating?

>>58888838
more details pls
>>
File: 1480545020226.jpg (125KB, 591x788px) Image search: [Google]
1480545020226.jpg
125KB, 591x788px
Wait what the fuck, since when and why are openmailbox not taking any new users? My mom sought me out OF HER OWN FREE WILL to rid herself of the Google botnet. Thought I'd quickly whip up an openmailbox account for her but no dice.
>>
>>58888853
Not sure what more I can provide. Games just stop to update for half a second. Either something on my computer is causing the issue or it's on the network. Either way I can't determine it so I'm looking for a way to lock it down.
>>
>>58888853
Yeah. I use HWMonitor and have been checking. CPU seems to remain cool no matter what, GPU gets to about high 70s but I don't got the exact numbers. I have issues with this in low demand games, so I'm not sure if it's really a CPU bottleneck

Also yes, I reformatted my computer recently.
>>
has the security issues in linux mint been solved? I'm looking to switch from windows
>>
how do y'all follow the news
i want to understand the world and shit, should i just browse news sites or how do people keep up these days
>>
>>58889148
>i want to understand the world and shit
you have to understand yourself first
and you have to understand the nature of Man
also, what can change the nature of Man
>>
>>58889145
just use elementary, or peppermint linux. Or even manjaro but i prefer peppermint or elementary mint still has hacker issues.
>>
>>58889145
Just go with Xubuntu.
>>
anyone have a damn transmac key so i can create my hackintosh build?
>>
>>58888769
you aren't going to stop it for long, just a few seconds.
>>
>>58888984
>GPU gets to about high 70s
Temps on AMD GPUs don't matter when you have the FUCKING PASSIVE HEATSINK MODE TURNED ON FAGGOT THIS MEANS FANS DONT KICK IN UNTIL 60C SET A FUCKING CUSTOM CURVE
make sure you're fucking using the GPU and not the CPU integrated graphics in your games, because it sure sounds like it
I certainly hope you plugged in your monitor cable to the card itself and not to the mobo
>>
>>58888825
SINGLE CHANNEL RAM
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING
SINGLE
CHANNEL
RAM
>>
>>58889281
IT DOESNT EVEN
FUCKING MATTER
YOU
FUCKING
RETARD
>>
>>58889217
your mom changed the nature of man by givin birth to a bitch nigga
eat a dick fagface
>>
>>58887573
im not even sure what shes trying to say m8
>>
is there a website that tells me if subtitles are needed for a film?

if theres any foreign spoken parts, basically
>>
>>58889462
Yes, it's called not being a monolingual cuck.
>>
Should I use emacs or vim?

Where should I go to learn more after doing the tutorial in each of them?
>>
>>58878267
Can someone redpill me on Haskell? It looks intriguing, but it has a reputation for being confusing and difficult.
Is the difficulty overblown just because brainlets and pajeets can't into it?
Also, is it actually a useful language to learn?
>>
what does -bufsize do in ffmpeg?
is there an ideal value for it?
>>
>>58889522
If you already know a mainstream language then you might be disappointed by Haskell because you can't start being productive after 5 minutes of it, unlike e.g. going from Java to C#. You really have to start learning from scratch in a pure functional language, OOP knowledge is not useful in it
>>
>>58889462
go on imbd
search your film
scroll down to details
it says languages

those are the ones spoken in the film
>>
>>58889550
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Limiting%20the%20output%20bitrate
>>
File: bfme2.jpg (129KB, 464x640px) Image search: [Google]
bfme2.jpg
129KB, 464x640px
I have a laptop with no disk drive but I have a game that is on disks to install in. (Battle for Middle Earth 2). I also have a desktop I could install in it on. However I do not want to play the game on my desktop since it is old and I can't bring it to college. Can I visualize the disks (6) and install the game that way?
>>
>>58889672
Ahhhh I remember this game.

Do people still play it online on PC? Pls say yes
>>
>>58889714
servers are shut down. EA lost rights to LOTR. You could probably get someone you know to paly though lmao
>>
File: 1 hp.jpg (75KB, 480x533px) Image search: [Google]
1 hp.jpg
75KB, 480x533px
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=389153
This website fucked up and any data after july 2016 is gone. Is there a way to get it back with local caches or some shit or am I fucked?
>>
>>58889672
just download it
>>
>>58889770
I have the disks so I don't want to torrent them. It's also pretty hard to find
>>
>>58889672
fucking legendary game

also a right bitch to make work; most virtuals don't work. Alcohol 52% is the only commonly working solution, appropriate image files can be gotten online; heck get ROTWK if you want. The gameranger will let you play online with basically anything; so no keys even needed
>>
>>58889780
make iso with imgburn and mount with wincdemu
>>
>>58889786
>>58889810
the main question I have is because its 6 disks would it work to just run the iso's back to back?
>>
>>58889780
trust me, you're not ripping off the info you need from the discs yourself.

the asshats who DRM'd the game up made physical characteristics of the disk (ie time to spin up the drive) determine validity, so iso does not work

look up maxi_thesmokingman for the working files
I know you don't want to, but neither did I. It's too much of a bitch, just download em. Throw in your own keys, it'll work.
>>
>>58889769
archive.org has a snapshot of the site from the end of november
>>
>>58889813
iso does not work for this game.

many have tried and failed.
>>
>>58889555
If I do put in the effort to learn it (desu I don't anticipate much difficulty doing so,) are there any actual productivity advantages over a conventional imperative language?
>>
>>58889813
you mean exactly like you would have to with a fucking optical drive?

>>58889828
i guess he'll have to get an external optical drive
>>
>>58889846
alcohol images work because they do record info about the disc and emulates that on usage
>>
>>58889819
I tried that already but it doesn't work since you have to login to access the stuff that is lost. Thanks anyways
>>
Not sure if it goes here, but...

I'm trying to find an internship as a software developer. I'm going to a career expo and I've heard they often conduct interviews on the spot, and have been told by a friend that they ask for work samples as well. I've never had a job in this field before so I only have a few academic things and a couple things I did for fun, mostly games.

My question is: what kind of a code sample should I include? I know the best one would obviously be from a language that the company wants it's workers to know but I'm not about to go write 50 different pieces of code in 50 different languages for each company. My school never taught anyone c++ and I went out of my way to teach it to myself, so I figured I should use that language to let them know I went the extra mile, etc.

The most complex/impressive code I've written off the top of my head is the homing system for bullets in a game I'm working on for fun. So my question is this: is code from an amateur game too... unprofessional to be used as a work sample? If so, what kind of code should I write for a sample?

Here is the code, by the way. If you think it can be formatted better or whatever let me know that as well. I sprinkled a liberal amount of comments for the purpose of the code being a sample.

CONT
>>
>>58889961
//for our vector of homingBullets, using an iterator h...
for(h = homBullets.begin(); h != homBullets.end(); h++)
{
//lets break this down. if the bullet is on screen...
if (h->bullet.getPosition().y > -31)
{
//we need to find the nearest enemy.
//store variables for enemy positional statuses. Find the nearest enemy as we loop through enemies.
double enemyX;
double enemyY;
double enemyDistance = 11111;
//we have a backup location for the bullet to go to if there are no enemies. If it is 11111, then no enemy was found.
for(i=enemyList.begin(); i!=enemyList.end(); i++)
{
if ((*i)->health > 0 && (*i)->active == true)
{
//uses deltas and hypotenuse to get information about position
const double bufferX = (*i)->shipSprite.getPosition().x - h->bullet.getPosition().x;
const double bufferY = (*i)->shipSprite.getPosition().y - h->bullet.getPosition().y;
//if the current enemy being processed is closer than the last stored one, change the stored enemy
if (enemyDistance > std::hypot(bufferX, bufferY))
{
enemyDistance = std::hypot(bufferX, bufferY);
enemyX = bufferX;
enemyY = bufferY;
}
}
}

if (enemyDistance != 11111)
{
//the closest enemy has been found. Move the bullet.
double angle = std::atan2(enemyX, enemyY);
double horizontalMovement = std::sin(angle) * 800 * frameTime.asSeconds();
double verticalMovement = std::cos(angle) * 800 * frameTime.asSeconds();
h->bullet.move(horizontalMovement, verticalMovement);
}
else
{
//no enemy. move the bullet straight up.
h->bullet.move(0, -800 * frameTime.asSeconds());
}
}
}
>>
>>58889977
When you're just checking which enemy is closest, you don't really need to compute the sqrt, you can just use the squared distance.
Then if you really need the distance, compute it once after you've determined the final enemy.
>>
>>58890131
...at no point in time do I compute the square root in that code...
>>
>>58890241
What exactly does std::hypot do?
>>
>>58890241
You just failed the interview. You might want to brush up on your sixth grade geometry.
>>
>>58890260
>std::hypot
Oh, I see.
>you can just use the squared distance.
But calculating the hypot is how I determined distance in the first place. So how are you suggesting I get distance if not by hypot?
>Then if you really need the distance
Of course I need distance. I need distance with each enemy, in order to figure out which one is closest. Your post is confusing.
>>
Is there any way to import my uTorrent 2.2.1 torrents to qBittorrent?

And why the fuck there are two threads?
>>
>>58890342
set your download folder and .torrent folder then just set autoload folder to that in qBit (make sure you turn off autostart DL) then verify everything
>>
>>58890329
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_theorem
a^2 + b^2 = c^2. (where c is the hypotenuse.)
So c = sqrt(a^2 + b^2).
However, it's not necessary to perform this sqrt call. You can just sort them based on the squared distance (a^2 + b^2, or in your case bufferX*bufferX + bufferY*bufferY) to save some unnecessary computation.
It's a very common method that you should know about.
>>
What happens when I try to access an element with an index larger than the array in C?
I'm getting large numbers instead of an error. Would I be correct in saying that it's accessing something on the stack and that C doesn't automatically check these things for you?
>>
>>58890342
STALLED
>>
>>58890391
Ok, thanks
>>
>>58890375
thanks
>>
>>58890394
>C doesn't automatically check these things for you?
Correct
>>
>>58890375
ok, all it shows is "stalled", it is verifying?
>>
>>58890557
i dont know. turn off old client.

where exactly is your download folder and where exactly is your folder with the .torrent files?
did you set new client download folder to the same and the autoload torrent file folder to the right folder?
>>
>>58890629
I restarted it some times and it's now verifying. Thanks for all anon
>>
If I hook up a monitor to a gaming laptop and use it as an extension will it significantly affect performance?
>>
File: 1482873238226.jpg (28KB, 580x346px) Image search: [Google]
1482873238226.jpg
28KB, 580x346px
you autistic fucks
keep the generals out of your fucking op

this isn't hard, the rest of us have no problem not crosslinking our fucking searches
>>
File: 1469468876529.jpg (195KB, 750x781px) Image search: [Google]
1469468876529.jpg
195KB, 750x781px
What company makes the best 480?
>>
>>58890698
amd
>>
File: fuckoff.gif (1002KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.gif
1002KB, 500x264px
>>58890689
>sperges over an extra thread popping up in his search
>calls others autistic
>too retarded to just ignore it and click the correct thread
>implying it's not useful for retards
>>
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315784&cm_re=940M-_-34-315-784-_-Product

is this a good deal?
>>
File: 1459350767789.png (88KB, 960x560px) Image search: [Google]
1459350767789.png
88KB, 960x560px
>>58890858
Pretty great for a touch screen

but

>refurbished

Its always a risk on these
>>
>>58890858
Hardly.
Have you considered looking for a used machine?
For the same price you're granted to get a similarly speccd machine (if not better) and have enough money to get accessories for it like more memory, additional battery to swap and an SSD.

Don't overpay.
>>
>>58890916
just want something that can handle overwatch as its most intense game desu

>>58890905
my last refurbished laptop smelled like pajeet
>>
>>58890976
I'm fairly sure overwatch runs on a modern iGPU just fine
>>
I flashed Ressurection Remix on my s5 and put doze on, black theme, turn brightness all the way down. It says I have 13hrs of battery life left from 98%. My S4 with the exact same settings lasted 2-3 days. I'm going to assume it's the battery, who makes a good battery for the s5? /SPG/ doesn't answer anything I ask.
>>
>>58891019
this

Blizzard always optimizes their games for even potatoes in order to rake that cash flow.
>>
What is the Windows 10 version called that has certain things automatically gutted from it so it's a bit more efficient/streamlined?
Someone mentioned it the other day as a better option than basic Win10 if one was going to install windows.
>>
what is the best browser
what is the best search engine
>>
Why do you autists think I can't make my own thread for my own questions?
>>
There's 3 or 4 offerings of KeePass on Android, all linked from the official site.

Any difference? I'll probably use a sync or something to move my database around from my desktop.
>>
>>58890719
He makes a good point. The catalog has a search box. Use it. Don't pollute the results by having the titles in your op.
>>
>>58892437
Went with Keepass2Android, seems sufficient.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170210-200902~2.png (280KB, 1288x1283px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170210-200902~2.png
280KB, 1288x1283px
How useful is Octane in measuring a chromebooks performance? Does the same Octane score on an Intel chip and an ARM one translate into the same real world performance, or is it true that some tasks will be better one one chip than the other?
>>
Is pure VPN any good?
>>
Is it possible to connect two routers together to have more available LAN ports?

Really stupid question, I know.
>>
why are txt files saved in ANSI as default?
Isn't unicode better?
>>
File: dumb_negro_man.jpg (130KB, 956x960px) Image search: [Google]
dumb_negro_man.jpg
130KB, 956x960px
So I installed Mactype on my shitty laptop running Win7 and while runes are now smooth and nice to read, everything else is just blurry as fuck. I tried taking a look at all the pre-installed profiles but they're all pretty much shit. What do? Should I turn Windows Cleartype off?
>>
File: Capture.png (3KB, 364x44px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3KB, 364x44px
is there a reason i cant see the real text
am i missing a language pack or something? if so which one
>>
>>58879239
>>58880234
I'm OP. I was trying to make it easier for some. Why you both so aggressive? Jeez.
>>
Is Master Password really that great?
https://ssl.masterpasswordapp.com/
>>
If I am of royal blood, would putting that in my resume be a good idea?
>>
>>58894327
yes
>>
>>58894327
You should also mention how proud you are of being white and how you plan to preserve your royal bloodline by fucking your mother.
>>
File: winrar.jpg (41KB, 1426x623px) Image search: [Google]
winrar.jpg
41KB, 1426x623px
gonna ask this again
pic related is winrar
is it possible to have whats on the right side shown in 7zip? i wanna make the switch but i like having pic related
>>
Is there a way to make Windows the primary boot in a grub bootloader?
>>
File: 1480645889725.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1480645889725.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
So on both my desktop and laptop (both running Windows 7, same iso was used for installation for them), I have this kind of bizarre issue that seems to only affect MS Paint. It frequently freezes up from doing any kind of action including typing anything in the save dialog box, or simply opening it up. But it's not as if it's completely frozen. If I right click outside of the window it unfreezes and I can continue my work. It's a bit of a pain in the ass but it's not as if the program is unusable. I think this was happening with Wordpad too but I can't remember and I'm too tired to check.

As I haven't had any issues with other programs I frequently use I thought it was only affect Paint, but now I've discovered that I'm having the same problem elsewhere. I had to use paint.net for some basic image editing and it was as if it froze after every single action instead of just randomly, and in order for it to work I had to right click outside of the window. Every single damn time.

This is so frustrating. Does anyone know why this is happening? I know reinstalling Windows doesn't fix it as I had the same issue before reinstalling. But what's weird is that I've used this same iso for who knows how many different installs over the years and it has never happened before these last three installs. What could it be? Photoshop/GIMP/SAI/pretty much any other photo and illustration program works fine, but not Paint and paint.net. I know I can use those programs instead, but sometimes I just need to use something lightweight for small, unimportant tasks.
>>
>>58885234
are they usb3 ports? did your computer come stock with win 10? probably a driver issue if that's the case. is uefi enabled?
>>
went to go save a picture in chrome im running ubuntu

what the fuck is this bullshit. Did i just get memed into linux?
>>
>>58894381
Thank you.
>>
>>58886408
your drive is failing. disconnect it and stop trying to mount it until you're ready to run software like photorec or recuva
>>
New Thread

>>58895949
>>58895949
>>58895949
>>58895949
>>58895949
>>
>>58887573
on shitty "web hosts", the only filesystem access you have is via FTP
some "web apps" will have you specify an FTP server as at least an alternative for certain file operations
perhaps this client has only used shitty, ftp-only hosts, and is confused by the idea of having full shell access

you can run any web app without an ftp server, ftp is only used by cheap hosts to give restricted filesystem access to accounts that have no shell access

also, what are you doing supporting web "devs" if you don't know this?
>>
>>58887858
i'd guess revert/undo, going off the "counter clockwise" graphic
>>
>>58894465
Yes:
https://launchpad.net/grub-customizer

it’s also the same package name in the AUR
>>
What's the use of an application server like JBoss or Tomcat?
Why can't the app just run directly on the operating system?
>>
how the FUCK do I upgrade my Bash on Ubuntu on Windows shell to 16.04???
>>
Do DLNA servers systematicaly transcode big video files? (70GB 4K HEVC BT.2020 mkv)
>>
>>58886362
If you download Windows Live Essentials, you can install the default photo viewer that was on 7.
>>
Looking for a little help with choosing a preamp for my microphone. I have a Shure SM58 and would like to use it with me pc, however I guess I would need some shitty preamp or something to provide enough power? I really don't fucking know, so please can someone suggest some preamp/input thingy
>>
>>58878267
How can I bypass Youtube/Google's phone verification? I signed up for TextFree but Google's apparently hip to them already and wouldn't use it for verification.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.