[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 35

File: Névtelen-1.jpg (46KB, 164x164px) Image search: [Google]
Névtelen-1.jpg
46KB, 164x164px
Previous >>58470666

Can I change the Freesync range over HDMI?
>>
My firefox keeps resetting after every PC bootup. I changes everything back to the default theme and all addons strewn all over the bar at the top, and the browser loads up multiple tabs of addons that you get when you first install them as if I had just installed the fucking things.

This keeps happening and it's pissing me off.
>>
>>58480475
Sounds like your profile is messed up. Here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles
>>
>>58480475
What I mean by >>58480884 is that you need to create a new profile and install your add-ons again - so write them down before you create the new profile.

Profile corruption happens most often because Firefox was interrupted in writing the profile file on exist at some point (either by system shutdown, killing the process or because it crashed while writing).
>>
how do i remove similar photos from my pc? (linux)
rdupes wont works cause the images are not the same file but rather the same image with slightly different md5sums (due to resolution differences or file type or buttfuck other shit
>>
>>58480901
I believe it can be done with SSIM: https://github.com/openpreserve/matchbox
>>
>>58480884
>>58480900
I tried deleting all profiles, making a new one, then copying my old profile (that I had saved before this problem started) and replaced the original right away. It worked only once, though, and it keeps happening regardless of what I do now.

I shutdown right away after closing firefox. Maybe I need to give it a little while to save properly before shutting it down then?

Thanks for the help
>>
>>58480957
You can monitor the firefox process in your task manager, once it quits it should be safe to shut down your computer (but realistically your computer shouldn't kill processes, but wait for them to quit with a proper signal code) - so there may be something else wrong with your OS installation.
>>
I am trying to make a bootable usb drive with dban on it so I can wipe and return a laptop but the usb drive doesn't seem to boot. It's recognized in bios and windows. I used rufus to make it bootable using the .iso from the dban website. I made sure the usb drive was selected as first boot priority in the bios but it still just boots to windows. I tried this on the laptop and after several attempts (double checking I did everything properly as well as I know how) I tried it on my desktop.
It just did the same thing and booted to windows.

What am I doing wrong here? Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. The laptop does not have a optical drive nor do I have an external optical drive.
>>
>>58480985
I've noticed that Firefox takes a bit longer to turn off completely (youtube video audio keeps playing, process stays active, etc), but I always thought it would do its stuff faster than my PC would shut down. That might be the problem I guess.
>>
>Gigabyte Motherboard stuck in a boot loop
>it's out of warranty
>Can't buy a new one, there's only one else on the second hand market and it's overpriced
REEEEEE
>>
>>58481025
You say it's recognized in the BIOS, but can you not force your BIOS to boot to the USB disc - either in the BIOS itself or through a Boot Menu?

>>58481053
Does it POST? Gonna need a bit more information than 'stuck in a boot loop' because what's wrong depends on where it's looping.
>>
>>58481025
Oh, forgot to mention this in >>58481106, but your BIOS or DBAN might not support USB3 booting - but this only applies if you're using an USB3 port and not a USB2 port.
>>
>>58481106
Nope, it doesn't POST.
It either gets stuck on the initial splash screen that hides the POST information, or another screen which is used when there's some sort of message the mobo wants to display.
It's a relatively common problem apparently. For some people it was a bent pin on the LGA socket, and I thought that could be the cause, but the pins look fine.
Who the fuck knows any more, I've already wasted hours on it trying everything I could think of. I'll have to find another H77/Z77 motherboard, but most people sell them in pairs with CPUs, or they sell entire PCs.
>>
>>58481106
Not sure if this answers your question but I originally set the USB to be the first option in the boot order (it ended up booting to windows).

After making sure I didnt forget to save or anything and checking a few other things I went and disabled the windows option in the BIOS boot order, this caused it to boot directly to the BIOS.

I believe the USB port was USB3, I think that is all the laptop has. I suppose I could check if my desktop has a USB2 port and try that.
>>
What are these Service Host shit on my task manager, and why does it eats 50% of my processor and lagging my stuff all the time. And have 10 or multiple shit running. Cant I just disable them?

All the stuff I googled are microsoft designated worker answers that smells like bullshit.
>>
File: gaDNCEA.jpg (89KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
gaDNCEA.jpg
89KB, 600x600px
What is the best e-reader
>>
>>58481204
Yeah just double checked, the laptop only has USB3 and type-c so I'm fucked either way.

I'm going to try using unetbootin to create the bootable usb since an someone on /wsr/ suggested that.
>>
>>58481213
You might have updates pending/installing
go install win10 first of all
>>
>>58481165
Sorry about your loss, mate. It's dead.

>>58481213
Service Host is part of svchost on Windows which is completely binary and inpenetrable to anyone - much like what systemd is becoming on Linux. Any issue you have with it usually means reinstalling Windows is simpler than debugging it.

>>58481227
Kindle Paperwhite or the Kobo version with similar backlit display.

>>58481235
Yeah, that's what I was going to suggest too - that, or UBCD.
>>
How do i stream from my pc to my smart tv and is this even a good idea?
They are too far apart to connect them with hdmi.
>>
>>58481305
If your TV supports it, there's an option in Windows called Cast To which uses DLNA - but it's not always simple to setup on every TV, even if it's supported - and it pretty much requires a wired network connection between both devices through a switch because it's traffic-intensive and wifi is usually congested.
>>
Are there any terminal emulators that handle proportional fonts well?

I know emacs does, and I can launch a terminal buffer, but I'd also like to have a standard terminal
>>
>>58481339
By proportional do you mean monospaced? I use alacritty and dejavu sans mono, it's a new and very fast terminal with a monospaced sans serif font.
>>
>>58481358
No by proportional I mean the opposite of monospace, like a normal font
>>
So far as I can see, I'm the only one responding to questions in this thread. :C

>>58481392
Why would you use a non-monospaced font for a terminal?
>>
Does it matter which order I install my games on my hard drive?
As in, do I want to do my favourite games first so that they are closer to the centre and load faster or is that a myth?
>>
What are the benefits (if any) of using linux as my main OS? I've always used Windows and don't want to come off as an aspie to anyone who visits and sees my computer. Also I like gaymen cuz I'm a normie.
>>
>>58481398
From a readability perspective there are different tradeoffs with each. There are some advantages to going monospace (code alignment in particular), but they're a holdover from the past and in a number of domains the readability advantage of a nice proportional font should outweigh the advantage of easy code alignment (and if you use elastic tabstops even that is fine with a proportional font).

Really, I'd just like to give it a try and see how it goes. Any curses programs probably won't behave well, so it probably won't be my only terminal, but I could get a good deal done with it.

Bonus reason: Plan 9 used proportional fonts, and this way I'd get to feel like I'm in Rob Pike-kun's secret club
>>
>>58481413
Drive will be written sequentially when you're installing something, and Windows will defrag to keep system files on the fastest part of the platter - but access time is by far the biggest slow-down for spinning rust. In sort: Let defragmentation service in Windows take care of it, and don't worry.

>>58481418
If you want to game, you can't get away from Windows unless you also severely like limiting yourself to mostly unoptimized games. Dualbooting can be nice, but unless you burn to have a free and open OS, it's basically pointless
(I say this having run FreeBSD, a UNIX-derivative, as my primary OS - only dualbooting to Windows for gaming - for over 15 years).

>>58481434
The Plan 9 argument is what makes most sense to me, but even then I still can't not have a monospaced font in my terminal, and dejavu has a wide unicode coverage.
>>
>>58481297
Tried using unetbootin, same issue as far as I can tell
>>
>>58481479
Does the machine not have a boot menu option? Usually F8, F10, F11 or F12 when you're on the BIOS spash or POST screen.
>>
>>58481413
> Does it matter which order I install my games on my hard drive?

No. Also get a solid state drive, then everything will load faster.

>>58481418
How do you feel about the Free Software movement? If you find their arguments compelling, then that's reason enough. If not, then there may be other reasons.

- Good package management (this is a huge pain on Windows, and quite pleasant on most Linux distros)
- Can avoid telemetry
- Better programming environment (this is subjective, I have to use Windows at work and I'm far less productive than I could be)
- Extensively customizable, build the environment that makes sense for you, rather than being forced into a one-size-fits-all default.
>>
>>58481418
it runs better. the package system is really nice as well because it just works (tm) but if you do heavy image work and know the adobe tools, or are a gaymur or love ads then windows is honestly your best bet. also free as in freedom but that doesnt seem like your concern.

>>58481413
>closer to the centre
that would make them load slower.
if you really want to boost load times on certain games you play all the time install them on a partition on a SSD ad put the rest on your HDD cause that is really the only big difference. but otherwise dont really worry about install order.
>>
>>58481491
I also opened that and clicked the usb drive which instantly closed the BIOS and seemed like it was trying to boot.

Ended with windows. There were actually two options for the USB drive though, one prefaced by UEFI and one without it. The USB option in the boot order also has a UEFI tag on it if thats relevant.
>>
>>58481504
>>58481508
>>58481466
Thanks for the replies.
I have my OS on the SSD, but my steam library is over a terabyte so I have to put it on a spinning disk. I have WoW on the SSD.
Hopefully in a few years I will be able to afford pure SSD storage.
>>
Good to see other anons replying with help, so it's not just me.

>>58481413
I'm >>58481466, but I just want to echo what others said: Get an SSD. The access time and increased bandwidth available make ALL the difference that spinning rust cannot get around, no matter what you do to them.

>>58481524
That means that it's not reading the boot files it's looking for - try making a freedos d isk with sdelete from sysinternals, that can accomplish the same job.

>>58481528
Only machine in my entire house to still have spinning rust is my server, every other machine is using an SSD. Never Not SSD.
>>
>>58481528
All that having been said, you might be able to make use of http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover
>>
>>58481544
>try making a freedos d isk with sdelete from sysinternals, that can accomplish the same job.
wat

I'm using Windows btw.
>>
How do I trace someone with a MAC Adress??
>>
How can i create a youtube account without a phone number?

If that's not possible, is there an easy way to emulate the subscription youtube page? I don't want to be notified when a new video from one of my subscription comes out, i just wanna have a browser page that let me see all the recent uploads.
>>
>>58481571
You can't.

>>58481573
Pretty sure you're required to have a phone number to have a Google account, which is what you need to have access to youtubes personalization features.

If you can get RSS feeds for the youtube channels you want content from, that's one option - but I believe those are personalized too.

Google wants to know everything about you and you can't do anything except don't use any of their services, or use all of their services and drink the koolaid.
>>
>>58481560
Try another version of dban, or give up and find another solution - if you're not willing to search for things you don't know about and just want a full guide, you're on your own.
>>
>>58481571
>>58481605
Then what can I do knowing someone MAC Adress? Also if that "probe" is connected to my wifi?
>>
>>58481628
You can't do shit, mac addresses are functionally useless, can be easily spoofed and only exist to tell devices apart on a LAN without IP traffic.
>>
>>58481638
Ok... uhm.
How do I trace someone?
>>
>>58481628
As an addendum to >>58481638: If, and this is a big if, you're on the same LAN segment as them, you can do an arp request and get their IP - but since that requires you to be on the same LAN segment as them, you could do much worse in person.

>>58481651
You can't. That's not how things are done nowadays - social engineering is where it's at, such as sending them an email from a system you can't be linked to, which they open on a device that has location data and you then hopefully access that location data.

Short of an NSA budget, you can't do what NSA does.
>>
yesterday while stoned i recorded myself with amd's relive,while talking with a friend.
Since my memory of then is foggy in my mind,i wanted to rewatch the videos.

but the 2 biggest files (3.99gb each)
are not playable. (in bs player,vlc,even foobar)

Are they somehow corrupted?
what can i do to watch them?

im very frustrated about the situation,i feel i was more in touch with myself when stoned,and could express some ideas better,and could take a look at myself more objectively. But i can hardly remember most of what we talked about,so i would appreciate it a shit ton if someone helped
>>
>>58481676
Knowing plenty of stoners, I can tell you that you weren't.
If it doesn't play in those players, it's corrupt.
>>
>>58481699
so what do?
so i can watch the videos?
even if i am pseudo-intellectual,or feel very profound about some obvious thing,im really curious
>>
>>58481715
No, you can't.
>>
>>58481605
>Google wants to know everything about you and you can't do anything except don't use any of their services, or use all of their services and drink the koolaid.
This fucking sucks
I just want to watch videos
Fucking google
>>
>>58481726
Now you're starting to learn why some people really fucking dislike Google.
>>
>>58481724
okay,now im curious about why i can't.
what happens when a file is corrupted that makes it un-readable?
>>
>>58481751
Video (with or without audio - regardless of whether they're in containers like mp4 or mkv, or whether they're just video like mp2 or mov) are very simple binary data streams - they can either play or they can't.

Out of curiocity, what file type is it?
>>
>>58481782
mp4
>>
>>58481823
Welp, mp4 is just a container, so the video is probably h264 and audio is either mp3 or aac. Didn't mean to get your hopes up, but there's nothing that can be done.
>>
>>58481676
post ffmpeg output.
ffmpeg -i yourfile.mp4
>>
>>58481854
okay anon,thanks anyways.
>>
Apache or nginx?
>>
>>58481894
nginx
>>
The amount of people that hate systemd seems rather high, why is that?
>>
Just opened my cock.li mailbox and it said something about a false certificate all of a sudden. Anyone else get that?
>>
What's the best VPN service? Especially for torrenting pls.
>>
>>58481894
nginx, apache is a bloated piece of shit.

>>58481922
Because it's a bad software suite that was initially supposed to be an init system to replace sysvinit and has now become a bloated piece of shit with httpd, binary logging format, breaks with unix philosophy (do one thing and do it well, as well as running as pid 1), and there currently seems nothing that Lennart Poettering won't integrate into it if it pleases him. Also, it's primarily designed to work on Lennart Poetterings laptop, and nowhere else.

In fact, there's a whole wiki on it: http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

>>58481980
Gonna need a proper error message.

>>58482005
They're all shit, as are all seedbox providers.
>>
File: pos.jpg (137KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
pos.jpg
137KB, 640x960px
>>58480120
I want to remove my swap partition and make that space available as RAM. Do I just remove the swap space? I don't see any RAM partition in cfdisk, just /dev/sda2 which is my swap.
>>
my 560 ti just died, what do I get for equivalent or better performance as cheaply as possible
>>
As a programmer, what should I get into if I want to make multiplayer modifications for games?
>>
>>58482177
if you want to remove your swap partition, you need to be aware that it means you won't have any way of doing kernel dumps so if your system crashes you can't figure out why. also, swap is on disk, not in ram, so it won't speed your system up.

>>58482188
1050Ti

>>58482196
Depends on the game. C, C++ and LUA for a start. That should keep you occupied for the next few years.
>>
>>58482206
I know C++ but is there some sort of subject that is most helpful like reverse engineering for example?
>>
I installed Ubuntu and want to use these sweet reaction images but the firefox upload just gives me a shitty filename list with thumbnail previews instead of the more ideal gallery of thumbnails. How do I change this shit?
>>
>>58482264
You can't.
>>
File: 1455755764544.jpg (241KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
1455755764544.jpg
241KB, 728x636px
What specific updates do I need to disable to avoid the telemetry updates on Windows 7?
>>
File: 1484231567653.jpg (10KB, 317x315px) Image search: [Google]
1484231567653.jpg
10KB, 317x315px
>>58482284
What the fuck, that seems like such a basic feature to have.
>>
>>58482177
Welp, I thought I had 4gb ram total of which 2gb swap. But as you say it's on disk. Thanks for your help. Also, in htop I never see any swap being used, even though I have it turned on, any reason why?
>>
>>58482349
meant for >>58482206
>>
What's the best book/tutorial for learning Python3?
>>
Trying to wipe a drive in such a way that the average loser trying to recover data won't be able to retrieve pictures. I'm selling this hard drive with a computer and I don't want the new owner suddenly calling some random dude with photorec and that kid having random personal pictures to fap to.

Which DBAN method would be best for this purpose?
>>
>>58482402
Single pass of anything random is fine.
>>
>>58482331
You can, but it will be as involved as the process of trying to change the same situation on Windows.

You can either change your desktop environment to KDE or you can learn to compile from source Firefox and use a patch provided by someone more knowledgeable that decided to share their solution to your similar issue.

``You can't'' just toggle a checkbox.
>>
>>58482402
Gutmann Method is your best bet.
>>
>>58482447
>You can, but it will be as involved as the process of trying to change the same situation on Windows.
You mean more involved? Windows is a right click
>>
File: fucking_streets.jpg (35KB, 540x401px) Image search: [Google]
fucking_streets.jpg
35KB, 540x401px
trying to install discord linux but this piece of shit is getting in the way of my updates

~ $ sudo apt-get update     
53% [13 InRelease gpgv 81.9 kB] [Connecting to screenshots.getdeb.net] [WaitingSplitting up /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/deb.torproject.org_torproject.org_dists_trusty_InIgn http://deb.torproject.org trusty InRelease
W: GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1478959636
E: GPG error: http://deb.torproject.org trusty InRelease: Clearsigned file isn't valid, got 'NODATA' (does the network require authentication?

any help?
>>
>>58482402
Single pass with any overwriting program is fine. Get one that boots from disk or USB or otherwise it can't overwrite files used by OS.

Personally I prefer the sledgehammer method, but that's just cause I throw away used hard drives. You could do the same and tell the guy buying it to just get a new one.
>>
>>58482580
just get the .deb file from https://discordapp.com/download
>>
File: Screenshot_20170114-114706~01.png (56KB, 935x340px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170114-114706~01.png
56KB, 935x340px
Could I get some hints on this? I don't want the full solution, just a little guidance for a newfag
>>
>>58482697
for i in string
if (i, i+1, i+2) = (b, o, b) then count +1 else null
i++
>>
>>58482697
int numberOfOccurances = 0;
for (each letter in string) {
//Note: Make sure you're not going past the string length
if (letter is b) {
//this could be "bob"
//check if the following letters are 'o' and 'b'
//if yes, bob has occured once
}
//continue to the next letter
}
//print result
>>
>>58482741
wew no way dude imagine if you had a trillion letters to cycle through, you'd be doing 3 letter checks pointlessly
>>
Why the fuck can't cmake find GLM on 64-bit linux??

cmake CMakeLists.txt 
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 6.3.1
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Performing Test HAVE_fdiagnostics-color=always_FLAG
-- Performing Test HAVE_fdiagnostics-color=always_FLAG - Success
-- Forcing colored compiler output
-- Disabling -Wignored-qualifiers
-- Disabling -Wpadded
CMake Error at source/CMakeLists.txt:4 (find_package):
Could not find a configuration file for package "glm" that is compatible
with requested version "".

The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:

/usr/lib64/cmake/glm/glmConfig.cmake, version: 0.9.8 (32bit)
/usr/lib/cmake/glm/glmConfig.cmake, version: 0.9.8 (32bit)
/lib64/cmake/glm/glmConfig.cmake, version: 0.9.8 (32bit)
/lib/cmake/glm/glmConfig.cmake, version: 0.9.8 (32bit)

Does anyone have a workaround for this bullshit? Can confirm this doesn't fuck up on an i686 version of arch.
>>
I can't connect to rarbg when I'm on vpn
what gives? torrenting from rarbg is the reason i have it
>>
>>58482714
It doesn't let me add string (i) with numbers though, and when I try [i] + 2 so it sums the index it still doesn't work

>>58482741
Okay, I'm gonna crack my head around this for a bit, thank you
>>
File: file.png (58KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
58KB, 300x100px
Since Microsoft decided to create a proprietary botnet of an operating system in Windows 10 that doesn't respect my freedom, I decided I should help myself to it, as in free as in free beer. So brothers, where would I be able to get a free as in free beer copy of Windows 10? Any other programs I need to run to get the full free experience, like DAZLoader for 7 or OpenKMS for 8/8.1?
>>
File: 20170115_021252.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170115_021252.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Should I be concerned that my battery looks like this?

What is that white stuff?
>>
Should I tell her dad what she did in the parking lot?
>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD1P56598

This drive died in my brothers Dell laptop will this SSD fit to replace it? The dimensions are the same and SATA 3 is backwards compatible with SATA 1 as far as i know.

Just want to make sure so i dont make him buy something that wont fit

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Intenso-SSD-SATA-III-HIGH-120-GB-SSD-2-5-Zoll-500-MB-s-520-MB-s-120-GB-/132060191829?hash=item1ebf669c55:g:1REAAOSwmLlX~dkV
>>
If someone could answer >>58475031 please and thank you in advance.
>>
>>58482936
Check the battery fluid levels.
>>
>>58483041
How do i do that?
>>
>>58483049
google it. literally googling "white powder on car battery" wouldve given you answers in the first place
>>

Test
Xsxdxs
>>
Is there a good guide for building a mini pc?
Something that would be create for casual use of Photoshop and Netflix
>>
Can an Orange Pi be powered by PoE? What if I have 3 portable USB HDDs on it?
>>
>>58482837
So when I run

s = 'hellbobsskdks'
for i in s:
if i == 'b' :
print (s.index(i))

I always get the index '4' in both iterations, I don't know if you understand me, what I mean is that I should get '4' and then '6', but it's like the for loop doesn't keep going or something
>>
>>58482837
Meant to reply to
>>58482741
>>
>>58483096
>s.index(i)
It probably returns the first index of the letter. So in that string it always returns 4 because it's the first time 'b' occurs

Try going through the string by index numbers rather than letters. I don't know about python but in java it would work like this:
int i = 0;
while (i < s.length) {
char c = s.charAt(i);
}
>>
>>58483160
I'm not sure if I'm getting you right, I'm gonna type here what I understood but on Python and you can tell me if it's what you meant?

i = 0
while (i < len(s)):
c = i # I'm not sure about this line

I'm sorry for being retarded, I don't have a lot of time into this
>>
File: 77Ym2.png (43KB, 570x410px) Image search: [Google]
77Ym2.png
43KB, 570x410px
openWRT router, playing with it, trying to make bridge and repeater but its not as easy as I hoped it would be so I am taking some steps in learning this

could someone explain the interfaces in the picture?
what are they, are they physical, or are they virtual?
what happens when I bridge them, all of them, two of them, whats common?

I am asking while reading this, but its bit too technical with very many new words to me

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/networking/network.interfaces
>>
>QUESTION

I have two Methods. One Written in Python. One Written in C++

Both methods calculate

exp([x-x_prime]**2 - [y-y_prime]**2)

If I call the method 5m times. Will the compield variant evaluate faster?

Under what cases doe an evaluated expression/code perform better under a compiled language (specifically, python vs c++)
>>
Does anyone have the /g/ achievements photo ?
>>
>>58482840
Read this: http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
OK this is very weird
if I press any key for more than 1 second, it stop my PC, and it come back to life when I release the key.
laptop Dell Inspirion
>>
how do you properly ground yourself during building a pc?
>>
rx480 with 4 or 8 gigs of ram?
>>
>>58483591
get a strap that plugs into the ground socket of power plug. or just dont wear socks on fucking carpet you sperg
>>
>>58483591
its a meme, just dont do it on a fucking carpet and get everything ready so you sit down and not move untill youre done

also google it if you really want to do it

>>58483606
4GB for 1080p, 8GB for anything above and future proofing
>>
>>58483488
Alright, that was stupid, I found it.
Power cable wasn't plugged "enough".
>>
>>58480120
>Installed Windows 10 when it came out.
>A few months have passed and I'm tired of the telemetry background process that burn my computer and the constant cycle of "updates" that are destroying my disk.
>wants to ERASE my disk and install win7 on it...
>can't fucking find a way of start my BIOS setup and boot from a USB stick and clean all the win10 shit off the disk
>can't find a tutorial that explain what i'm want to do
>where do i go /sqt/?
>>
>>58483487
Thanks for the guide, I appreciate it.
>>
>>58483707
RTFM of your mobo for bios boot
>>
File: wtf.jpg (408KB, 960x1224px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
408KB, 960x1224px
I am using a new network card today, and I have a bit of a problem.

I'm running a webserver, so I made a port forward rule to my new lan ip.

Here's the thing though, my computer can't access the domain.
On my previous card, I could visit my website from my own computer, but now that won't work.

On Chrome, I get a 408 error.
On Firefox, it tries to access "domain.tld/cgi-bin/luci" (router admin gui)

The website works on both other devices in the local network and wan.

Does anyone know wtf is going on?
I won't link site, as it's just personal and I don't want attention towards it, but I hope someone here will know why this happens, and perhaps how to fix it. Thanks
>>
2x4gb or 1x8gb ram if i have 4 ram slots?

What are the advantages of dual channeling over single channeling?
>>
>>58484005
more bandwidth
>>
can someone post the mouse guide
>>
>>58483606
There is no drawback to having more vram.
>>
Are there any tools that can monitor a twitter account keep a running timestamped archive of tweets to catch them before they're deleted?
>>
>>58484175
*keeping
>>
>>58483996
you got a PC
you host a website on the pc
available to the public
you used build in NIC
you added new NIC
you switch internet cable to it?
your new NIC has a new IP
you cant connect to your website from the internet

can you ping the sites IP?

why not changing the new NIC ip to the ip of the build in NIC?
and build in nic adding some new IP
>>
any chrome extensions that can highlight some paragraphs of text in a .pdf link in chrome?
i've tried highly and super simple highlighter but neither can highlight a .pdf link
>>
>>58480120
Windows 7 never lagged for me. Windows 10 somehow always finds a way to use up ALL of my RAM and it makes my hardrive go at 99 percent. What the fucking shit? I built a new PC too.
>>
>>58484229
I can ping the domains and ip and get response.
Both nics were wireless btw.
I don't think changing the IP would solve anything, as the IP is only configured in the router port forwarding.

I can't test changing the lan ip atm, but I'll see if that does anything tomorrow. Thanks either way.
>>
>>58484372
>I can ping the domains
so you got a DNS problem, as the saying goes, its always DNS
>>
File: the_ethical_slut_grande.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
the_ethical_slut_grande.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
Should I attempt polyamory? I'm seeing an exclusive top who can't top.
>>
What is a good offline music player that works with linux?
>>
File: linux_software.jpg (536KB, 1024x1400px) Image search: [Google]
linux_software.jpg
536KB, 1024x1400px
>>58484441
>simple bare, customizable
deadbeef

>all around good
clementine
>>
>>58480120
What happened to that FTP server?
>>
My professor asked me to use this to automatically transcribe recordings of sessions with patients

https://cloud.google.com/speech/

I'm stumped on how to use it. Help?
>>
I came in here yesterday asking about a method to backup a vista hardrive and keep it bootable for if I restore it. I was presented with a dd command that used gzip to compress the empty space, but the "empty space" isn't actually empty due to how windows handles file deletion or some shit, and results in a larger file than expected.
Are there any commands that can be run from a puppy live cd with no internet access to fill the "empty" space with something a bit more compression friendly?
I did a bit of googling, and someone suggested using cat and /dev/zero to create a zero.file. Would that work without overwriting anything?
>>
>>58484585
you write a program that sends file to the api depending on what it wants and that awaits reply

>>58484615
>dd
jesus thats really really retarded way of old timers
go pirate acronis true image, boot it, do back up of the partition on some other drive, or clone it.. 100% reliability
>>
Why is this being measured wrong? Sometimes its in the hundreds, sometimes in the thousands. Win10
>>
>>58484638
I have no idea how to do that.
>>
>>58484434
why are you with the top?
do you base your entire relationship over sex?
does your partner have the ability for improvement/ is criticism welcome?
why wouldn't you just rather break up and find a new partner?
>>
File: Capture.png (1KB, 181x54px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1KB, 181x54px
>>58484649
>>
File: google.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
google.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>58484650
>>
>>58484672
Or this other guy who said to him it works fantastically.
>>
>>58484638
Why Acronis instead of Clonezilla?
>>
>>58484650
huh, I assume IT capabilities and tasks automaticly

would google some "speech to text" software and pirate it, maunaly every mp3 to text I guess

>>58484701
because one is profesional reliable tool while other failed me 3 out of 5 times I tried it
>>
I started codecademy python, and was doing the course "pig latin" in which you learn to make a pig latin translator, which is taking a word, removing the first letter and adding it at the end and then adding "ay" to the end. What you end up with if you follow all their instructions is this:

original = raw_input('Enter a word:')
pyg = 'ay'
word = original.lower()
first = word[0]
new_word = word + first + pyg
new_word = new_word[1:len(new_word)]
if len(original) > 0 and original.isalpha():
print original and new_word
else:
print 'empty'

however, I made it partly like the following (added some stuff after learning what they wanted exactly from the translater but point still stays) after the first of the 7 parts of that course just to see if I could do it on my own:

original = raw_input("Enter a word:")
if len(original) > 0 and original.isalpha():
print (original[1:] + original[0] + "ay").lower()
else:
print "empty"

which seems a lot shorter. Is there a reason to store so many variables? Is that better formatting or prefered for some reason?
>>
>>58484638
>jesus thats really really retarded way of old timers
It worked just fine as far as I could tell, it just didn't compress the empty space because the "empty" space was filled with shit that was deleted and wasn't actually empty.
>>
>>58484650
>>58484638
https://www.reddit.com/r/software/comments/1e5mpx/anyone_know_of_a_recorded_audio_to_text_converter/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Transcription/
https://www.reddit.com/r/speechrecognition/
>>
File: Culinary_fruits_front_view.jpg (3MB, 3818x2540px) Image search: [Google]
Culinary_fruits_front_view.jpg
3MB, 3818x2540px
I'm almost out of sports candy. What kinds should I buy today?
>>
>>58484069
whats that in fps or seconds or something
>>
>>58484886
nothing.
>>
I have to buy a laptop but I just read that AMD is releasing a new GPU line called Vega by March so will a laptop under 1500$ with a decent Vega GPU be available by March? Msi and Asus have laptops with GTX 1070 on Newegg under 1500$. If it's not going be available by March I'll just buy the Msi with GTX 1070 now and not waste my time waiting for Vega.
>>
>>58485166
vega wont be on notebooks in Q1 2017, most likely not at all
or do you see notebooks with fury AMD?
>>
I installed Hola a while ago, used it for about ten minutes, then found out about how it's p2p and sells the users bandwidth. I immediately uninstalled it and reset my pc. Will I be daijobou?
>>
>>58485200
Thanks.
>>
>>58484991
so who benefits dual channel then?
>>
>>58485551
Potentially everybody, but it's one of those effects that's really hard to observe. If your ram bandwidth is a limiting factor, it could affect gameplay, but I wouldn't spend much extra for it
>>
>>58485166
The 10xx graphics cards beat the hell out of everything else available to laptops because they're basically putting full desktop cards in laptops now, with just a slight overclock. I highly doubt that AMD is going to do anything to match that in the near future
>>
>>58484615
>>58484701

Don't go pirating shit that has access to your entire filesystem. Macrium reflect boot disk is free and works great. Just have it verify the image when you're done.
>>
File: mem.png (1KB, 96x201px) Image search: [Google]
mem.png
1KB, 96x201px
I have like 20 tabs opened, why the fuck it fills so quickly
>>
I just bought a portable hard drive that seems to be working fine, Except when I unplug it from the computer (after safely ejecting) it makes a single chirping noise. Is this a problem? Should I try to return it?
>>
>>58485781
Because you only have about 4gb of memory.
Download more ram and it'll fix it.
>>
>>58485781
Could be autorun programs on your system, or just windows utilizing empty ram to be more efficient.
>>
>>58480120
How do I fix unresponsive B, N, and space keys on my Rosewill STRIKER RK-6000 keyboard?
Can't get a new keyboard for reasons
>>
>>58485781
Because you told your system to open things that need ram?
If you dont want to use ram, for what ever retarded reason,stop telling your system to do things that require ram

linuxatemyram.com
read it
>>
what is the best website for cracked iphone apps?
>>
>>58485837
Type banana 300 times
>>
>>58485858
bananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabanana

With spaces exceeded character limit.
>>
>>58485837
take it apart and check the solder joints
>>
>>58485876
Read: Best website for malware infection
>>
if I would format my system disk and reinstall windows would that kill all viruses and such or would they escape to storage disks?
>>
>>58485928
>forgot windows people thought like this
>>
>>58485908
is there not 'trusted' guys that crack iphone apps like 3dm or some shit?
>>
>>58485876
I have a spare iTunes gift card if you want to cum over and get it with some additional $generosity$ ;)
>>
>>58485928
>would that kill all viruses
yes, if we talking about "running" malware on your system

>would they escape to storage disks
if you on the storage disk have crack.exe to actiave some game, and its infected it will infect your system next time you run it
>>
File: pc.jpg (166KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
pc.jpg
166KB, 1280x800px
Can anyone recommend a good podcast manager for windows?

I'm looking for something that looks good visually and is good at discovery like a lot of the android apps. It needs to actually download and manage the podcast with a built in player for where I left off. I've already tried gpodder and juice, and their interface is way to limited.
>>
>>58485958
You can't trust shit like that. I'm sure there are dudes out there who crack and give away shit for free, but they're the minority, and there's no way to tell them apart from the raging malignant pile of processor bile that is cracked software
>>
what's the fastest way to convert a thousand images of jpg and png format to a single pdf file, without quality loss?
>>
>>58485277
Anyone?
>>
>>58486116
yes
>>
Hey /g/ webms and html5 players aren't working for me right now. Internet connection is fine I'm watching a 720p stream in flash with no issues. Using Firefox 50.1
>>
>>58486122
Yes as in I'll be alright?
>>
allright /g/ im seriously confused:
I want my friend to host a minecraft server so we can mess around (we are neets >20 yo), mainly because he can change the router settings while my settings are automatically changed by the ISP, not to mention that no known "universal password" allows me to change the settings myself.
The thing is, i set up the virtual server for port 25565 (the minecraft server port) , and when he hosts i can join no problem.
The first problem is his pc does not see the server as local host but some weird adress that is listed in the router settings (not the LAN 192.168.0.XXX type adress ,and not the adress he sees when checking his ip whatsmyip types of sites).
The second problem is, I can connect , but two other peole can't - the server is not visible to them. 3 people share the same ISP , one is from the other city, one person is from the same city but has different ISP.
What the fuck /g/ ?
>>
>>58484783
bump, pretty sure this wouldn't be that difficult to answer
>>
>>58480120
Is the initialization of an array of n elements considered O(n)? Like if the following statement was called 3 times would the statements together be considered O(3n)?

int[] rows = new int[boardSize];
>>
>>58486150
>>58486150
No, "yes" as in you're potentially boned
>>
>>58486235
What's the likelihood?
>>
>>58486138
Using FF 46 here and everything seems fine.
Try using a portable version of FF and see if anything changes.
>>
>>58486268
No way to know
>>
>>58486324
Should I reset my router?
>>
>>58486351
No. What do you imagine that that would do?
>>
>>58485277
/g/ brainwashed you into being a paranoid anime faggot. You're fine.
>>
File: 1463816727066.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1463816727066.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
How do I enable gpu rendering in mpv?
>>
>>58486361
Dunno
>>58486394
could you explained to why though
>>
>>58486446
--hwdec=auto
>>
>>58486090
imagemagick script
>>
>>58486457
Cause no way Google or Firefox or any of them allow an extension in their catalog that stays with you forever even after deinstalling. Hola is still in the store because it's functioning depends on the selling of your bandwidth. It's necessary for the extension to work and as such isn't seen as as evil as just selling your bandwidth for no other reason than money.
>>
i have a home server that i use as a seedbox among other things and when my internet disconnects for some reason or my router restarts the vpn goes down and i have to do sudo ifconfig tun0 down && ifconfig tun0 up to be able to connect to the internet again.

is there a way to automate this so it automatically happens if the server loses internet connection? the os is ubuntu server 16.04
>>
File: 10419758_1.jpg (456KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
10419758_1.jpg
456KB, 1500x1500px
I have a samsung 55" 4k smart TV. Is it a bad idea to use it as a monitor for my gaming pc? I primarily play shooters.
>>
>>58486290
Restarted browser for the second time. Now webms work and html5 seems to work everywhere but twitch. Html5 player on twitch seems to work on my desktop though even though the browsers have almost all the same addons and are the same version.
>>
>>58486560
if you don't care about input lag or being ultra competitive online it'll be fine
>>
Does single channel ram mean the device only has one slot for ram? Is it better to have a single channel or dual channel device?
>>
>>58486571
How bad should I expect the input lag to be?
>>
File: 1481928681857.jpg (15KB, 195x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481928681857.jpg
15KB, 195x200px
>>58486507
Can you spoon-feed me? I've v6.8.8 already installed.
>>
>>58486590
i imagine it would be pretty bad compared to a tn computer monitor but you can try it and see. it'd probably be fine for pretty single player games. i'm not sensitive to input lag and i've never been able to notice it on any monitor/tv i've used tb.h but i see people bitching about it all the time
>>
>>58486614
man imagemagick
>>
File: 1387715323673.gif (2MB, 170x123px) Image search: [Google]
1387715323673.gif
2MB, 170x123px
https://youtu.be/W7_8N8kT2aU&t=175

Can someone explain this joke? Is it a fat joke or an angry joke?
>>
Is the Pentium G4620 overclockable?
>>
>>58486658
The files are in alphabetical order but the format is random.

convert *.* output.pdf

I tried this and after a few seconds it just crashed. What parameters should I use?
>>
>>58486290
Also just ran portable and it worked on that.
>>
>be playing vidya on console while a meter at most away from my pc
>suddenly pc turns off
>turn around, get weirded out, check that stuff is in place and turn it on again
>30 mins pass and it suddenly goes out again
>check everything and all seems normal, try to turn on and it does nothing
>absolute zero, nada
>get frustrated after a couple hours, find it's the source and give up since right now im penniless
>now im without pc for probably a couple months and enter depression
>decide to check an old pc i had given up long ago when it died after a very drawn out battle with a dying hard drive
>it would turn on but it wouldn't even start the OS, not even attempt, and since it was so shit and old i just gave it up since it died when i was already planning to build from scratch something better and had the money
>first step, connect energy and try turning on
>does it perfectly
>be running checks of both software and hardware for a couple hours now
>still working
welp
Hopefully it'll survive till i repair my pc
source is not compatible tho
>>
File: 1483702076517.jpg (407KB, 1464x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1483702076517.jpg
407KB, 1464x1500px
I've narrowed my choices down to these two SSDs for my T420:
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (~$135)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00OAJ412U/
and
Crucial MX300 275GB ($110)
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01IAGSD5O/

which SSD should I buy and why?
>>
>>58486903
also it is pretty weird to see stuff i hadn't touched on over three years, is like talking with a younger me
the porn is more tame as well
>>
>>58486790
Never mind, I found an alternative.

>compress to .zip archive
>rename archive to .cbz
>open with sumatrapdf
>...
>profit
>>
An expensive piece of windows software that requires monthly payments would be a lot better if it was free. How can I see what is being sent in the outgoing and incoming packets so that I can potentially spoof the handshake myself?
>>
I wiped off Windows 8 from my computer, in favor of linux. Is there a way to reinstall windows in another partition? If so, how?
>>
File: 1472355261655.jpg (70KB, 573x604px) Image search: [Google]
1472355261655.jpg
70KB, 573x604px
>>58487040
>>
>>58487015
fiddler/wireshark
>>
>>58486911
get the cheaper one because you wont be able to tell the difference in real world usage. i have a kingdian s280 and a samsung 840 pro. been using both for years and cant tell the difference at all
>>
File: 1435211248318.png (994KB, 1000x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1435211248318.png
994KB, 1000x1016px
>>58486975 (cont)
And now the problem is the background, it should be gray as it usually is with normal pdf files but this format is ignoring my custom settings, it's not really a big issue but it's kinda distracting.

Any ideas how to force gray background in Sumatra PDF?
>>
>>58480120
What's so bad about a 24 inch 1440p monitor?
>>
Crucial or Toshiba(OZC) ssd?
>>
>>58487235
Nothing? though, if you don't have good eyesight and the monitor at a good distance, it's a bit of a waste.
>>
Will getting an unlocked phone that can get sprint service also be compatible with Boost Mobile?
>>
What's a good backup tool?
>>
I need some help with installing blender here. I use gentoo and when I try to emerge --ask blender, I get this
 * IMPORTANT: 18 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
* Use eselect news read to view new items.

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=dev-python/six-1.4.1[python_targets_pypy(-)?,python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,python_targets_python3_5(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-),-python_single_target_python3_5(-)]".
(dependency required by "dev-python/cryptography-1.6::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-python/requests-2.12.3::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "media-gfx/blender-2.78a::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "blender" [argument])

It looks like blender requires a dependency that isnt actually in the repositories, but I dont know how to fix this. Will it go away if I just install dev-python/six-1.4.1 from source or do I need an ebuild or something. I dont really know much about ebuilds or portage, can somebody help
>>
>>58480120
is it possible to set up a cell phone as a web server? I don't know how cell networks work but if you're paying for 'data' couldn't you request a static ip and then do whatever from there?
>>
>>58487867
it's a normal internet connection, you can do whatever you want behind that.
though your provider might put you behind a internal router and you don't get a public facing IP.
>>
>>58487040
Yes. You make a partition, and then install Windows on it. And then you'll need to re-install GRUB from a GNU/Linux USB because Windows deletes bootloaders.
>>
>>58487867
I've done it with a Debian chroot. Requires the phone be rooted. Never got it working on mobile, just wifi. Maybe some kind of reverse tunnel could work?
>>
What's a good usb 3 wifi dongle that supports ap mode?
>>
>>58482682
guy from here >>58482580

>just get the .deb file from https://discordapp.com/download
that's what i did, but i keep getting this error as i try to install it
>>
>>58484783
codeacademy is poorly written and often tells you you're wrong if you don't type exactly the input that they expect
>>
>>58488405
if you are telling your browser to run the deb file directly then do the other method: download the file to a folder, close the browser and then open the file with package installer instead
>>
Which filters should I use on uBo so that I can block most shit but not be redudant?

I'm using all 5 multipurpose filters.
>>
>>58488405
download the package, navigate to the directory and issue the command

dpkg -i package.deb

>>58487867
will not work- you cannot ask the carrier to issue you a static ip in most cases unless it's a business account- not to mention- why in the hell would you want to?
>>
>>58482697
>https://github.com/openpreserve/matchbox
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

enum {HAYSTACK = 1, NEEDLE = 2};

int main(int argc, char**argv) {
if(argc<3) return -1;

char *q = argv[HAYSTACK];
while(*q++);

size_t l = strlen(argv[NEEDLE]);
int count = 0;

for(char *p = argv[1]; p < (q-l);) {
switch(strncmp(p, argv[NEEDLE], l)) {
case 0: count++; p+=l; break;
default: p++;
}
}

printf("%d\n",count);
}
>>
>>58488437
just like standard education!
>>
how can I configure my graphics card in virt-manager? For example a Mint guest keeps running in software rendering mode and doesn't see the VGA adapter
>>
how can i extend my C: partition?
i have an empty partition from a Linux installation that an heroed, but i don't know how to move/extend other partitions in the empty space

i am currently using the diskpart that came with my windows installation or gparted on yet another partition
>>
should I sell my pc?

all I do is game on it and lately I've been realizing I don't really enjoy gaming. I'm 25. WTF

anyone been in a similar position?
>>
>>58488555
it wasn't in browser

>>58488555
after doing
~ $ sudo ./fixpackage/code]
once again, i redid the installation, and everything went smoothly.

but if the error comes back, i'll test this command out just in case.

really, i just need to purge away the stupid torproject error:
~ $ sudo apt-get update     
53% [13 InRelease gpgv 81.9 kB] [Connecting to screenshots.getdeb.net] [WaitingSplitting up /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/deb.torproject.org_torproject.org_dists_trusty_InIgn http://deb.torproject.org trusty InRelease
W: GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1478959636
E: GPG error: http://deb.torproject.org trusty InRelease: Clearsigned file isn't valid, got 'NODATA' (does the network require authentication?

but thanks for the help anyways, lads
>>
>>58488833
to add to this
i've been thinking about rezizing partitions in gparted until the empty space is adjacent to my windows installation
problem is there are "recovery" partitions in the middle
will i fuck them up by resizing them?
>>
>>58488898
>code in code
holy shit how that happened?
>>
File: Sad days.jpg (405KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Sad days.jpg
405KB, 480x640px
For an depressed neet grad with a math degree and no coding experience (lmao UC) how do I break into any programming field? They all seem to require years of experience and a ton of languages and I barely know bits of C++.

I feel lost guys. College is a scam.
>>
>>58488908
maybe
this
?
>>
>>58482349
Sorry for the late answer: Because you're not exhausting your memory - Swap has to functions; for memory to be swapped to disk when it's full (hence the name swap partition), and to a lesser extend to aid in dumping the system memory to disk in case of a crash, so that you can do analysis on why it crashed.

>>58482771
Because it's not in the path or where cmake expects it. Linux has no base system, so there's no standard for where things should go. Figure out where cmake expects GLM to be.

>>58483631
Futureproofing is a meme.

>>58484175
Twitter has blocked several sites for using their API for this purpose.

>>58487475
backuppc

>>58488646
Stop using a tripcode, newfag. You're not gonna get internet famous by posting on 4chan.

>>58488818
You need VT-d/AMD IOMMU, both of which are CPU features for Intel/AMD respectively.
SRV-IO can also help you, but not many hypervisors support it yet (read, only ESX(i) and Microsoft for now, as far as I know - as it needs firmware access for the hypervisor).

>>58488865
You're just getting old. Start finding another purpose with your PC (learning programming, or something else useful) or find other hobbies. It happens to all of us eventually and happened to me around 25 too.

>>58488930
Learn and master C. From there you can make an educated choice about what other languages to learn.
>>
>>58489154
>Microsoft
I meant Microsoft Hyper-V.
>>
File: 1472751918218.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472751918218.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
What program should I use to compress a video?
>>
>>58489177
Handbrake if you're not comfortable with the command line. x264 if you are.
>>
>>58489177
ffmpeg
>>
I bought a new (used tested and working) power source for my cpu. Right now it seems to work well giving power to my monitor, mouse, speakers, etc but the PC itself wont turn on at all.

It seems theres a white connector with 4 pins that I guess goes to the power button or the front panel, whose 1 pin was pushed down, right now I glued it in place with a non conductor glue but I want to ask in case thats not actually the issue, could anything else be wrong here? Could I possibly had fucked up by making electricity run through in that state and trying to turn things on?
>>
>>58489191
My google chrome (yes, I know botnet) warned me it was a malicious software when i downloaded it.
>>
>>58489196
x264 is better at compressing than ffmpeg with modern tunables

>>58489221
It's not.

>>58489208
If your pc won't turn on but your motherboard is delivering power to your mouse through USB, it's most likely a CPU issue. PW Swi (power switch on the front panel connectors on the bottom right of the motherboard in a usual ATX layout only has two pins, and they're usually red and black for + and ground).
>>
is there any vid on how do do a mobo post?
>>
>>58489276
>x264
How the fuck do I start this?
>>
>>58489343
A motherboard will POST by itself - it's short for Power On Self Test and if it fails it'll usually print a message on screen telling why it fails. If a motherboard can't even turn on to POST, there's something else wrong (power, dead CPU or short circuit).
>>
File: 20170114_205850.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170114_205850.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>58489276
The CPU worked just fine before the change, there were no issues with it and its receiving power.

This is the thing Im talking about, and it goes through to the front of the case, to where the power button is.

Im not really sure what happened for it not to turn on.
>>
>>58489276
>>58489370
ffmpeg is a frontend for x264
>>
>>58489373
I guess I asked badly but I meant those first test they do on vids without a monitor
>>
So I'm trying to remotely help my Japanese friend set up a TV. They have a satellite dish that is working with another TV in the house, but she doesn't know what type of satellite TV they have and I don't quite understand what's going on with japanese TV's. Can anyone help me out?
>>
>>58489154
I was thinking to just whore myself and learn web dev shit. I'm not opposed to also learning C though. I just need to feel like I'm actually working towards something.

Life fucking blows and I have it easy.
>>
>>58489370
I said to use Handbrake if you're not comfortable with the command line. You're obviously not, since you're asking how to start x264, so stick to Handbrake. If it makes you feel any better, Handbrake impliments x264.

>>58489395
Oh, that's a molex connector - it used to be connected to the harddrive back in the old days when harddrives used IDE/PATA. Did you remember to connect the 4pin power connector for the CPU from the PSU?

>>58489407
No, ffmpeg uses libav, which can use x264 but won't by default.

>>58489414
Oh, you mean the ones where there's a little (usually red) digit flashing? Those are POST-codes, just another way of displaying them.

>>58489422
Satelite TV, especially DVB-C, is a fucking horror show unless you're a technician, it requires messing with DISEQ and scanning whole frequency bands unless you're gien specific instructions by the provider.

>>58489430
I could do with an easier life. I got diagnosed with cancer last year.
>>
>>58489458
>DVB-C
I meant DVB-S (although I wouldn't be surprised if they use DVB-S2 in Japan).
>>
>>58489458
libav is a fork of ffmpeg
>>
>>58489458
Yeah, first things I plugged were the cables feeding the motherboard and CPU
>>
do i need to burn an iso to a blank disc for it to work?
trying to install w7 on w10
>>
Best browser for android?
>>
Is therw a way to turn on a PC withour relying on power button, btw?
>>
>>58489487
Sorry, I meant libavcodec.

>>58489499
Dunno what to tell you other than: consult the manual. You're obviously missing something too obvious to spot, that I'm too tired and drunk to think of.

>>58489514
Microsoft provides a tool to write an ISO to a USB flash disk: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool
>>
>>58489458
>>58489476
she's actually in japan, and they have "BS" (broadcast satellite) and "CS" (Communication satellite) which are "free" (like a tv antenna here) plus premium subscription channels, but they also have satellite providers akin to direct TV. They also have terrestrial broadcasts that operate on a different frequency. She has a dish antenna, so likely it's a satellite setup but she doesn't know.
All this, plus not being able to read anything in the settings menu, is putting me at a loss.
>>
>>58489547
oh and I forgot to mention they have "BCas" smart cards that go in the TV/set top box too and there are different types differentiated by color, but she doesn't know what I'm talking about when I ask if she has the red one.
>>
>>58489487
Sorry, you're right. libavcodec contains libx264. In my defense, I'm drunk.

>>58489547
DVB-T is the terrestial broadcast system, DVB-S(2) is the satelite broadcast system. Just give up, it's not like she can put out if you fight for her anyway.
>>
>>58489487
That anon is still too stupid to use the command line, though.

And with that, I'm going to bed. Hope some other anon takes over.
>>
>>58489592
She's my fiance, so she does but I figured saying friend would improve my chances of getting an answer.
Since when is setting up a tv any more than plugging in cables where they go?
>>
File: tumblr_lnlon352WB1qjm6tmo1_500.jpg (36KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lnlon352WB1qjm6tmo1_500.jpg
36KB, 480x700px
I've been using Iridium browser for a few months now and I absolutley love it but lately breaks many websites it used to work fine with, specially shit like the Paypal reset password format. The only extensions I use are ublock origin and https everywhere.
>>
File: vimshit.png (29KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
vimshit.png
29KB, 650x650px
>>58480120
i need to know /g/, is it worth learning vim for coding or is just an evil meme?
>>
File: 1484188325333.png (87KB, 1062x659px) Image search: [Google]
1484188325333.png
87KB, 1062x659px
Help please

Sorry to bother you /g/ but I got to ask. My PC keep shutting down. When I reboot , ethernet won't work but wifi does. Only my PC is connected via ethernet. The only way to get internet back is by unplugging the modem and wifi , and reboot everything. Who the suspect here ?

Modem?
PC?
Wifi?
Ethernet cable/port ?
Inconsistent electricity ?

I need a new set of eyes on this , I can't solve it!

Thanks
>>
Something happened to my graphics option, and now no matter what I do, Linux Mint boots, but the screen turns pitch black and I can't see shit. I went into recovery mode, but I don't know what to do. PLS HELP.
>>
File: 1463581785264.png (169KB, 672x237px) Image search: [Google]
1463581785264.png
169KB, 672x237px
What is so good about Vivaldi?
>>
Is there a way to recover videos from. an encrypted folder on your phone?
>>
File: IMG_20170114_195623596_HDR.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170114_195623596_HDR.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>58489951
To add to this, is there a way to change the filename state to read and write? Pls respond.
>>
>>58489692
it is worth it if you are already on unix
>>
>>58489966
Give it back tyrone
>>
>>58489951
>>58490027
https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/842
>>
>>58489540
Depends on the board. You could always hook up something else to the power-on pins/wires/whatever, because transistors exist.
>>
I decided to be an adult and get my own netflix account. Can I export/import/transfer the profile from my parents account?
>>
>>58489692
It's worth knowing the basics since it comes on every *nix, including OS X. I mostly code with emacs because I was already using it for org-mode.
>>
>>58490079
I have the password for the encrypted folder
>>
Is R a good programming language to learn how to program?

I was about to start learning VBA because I wanted to use it within Microsoft Excel but I heard R is a lot better for this purpose.

I wasn't planing to be some kind of Master in Microsoft Excel but I had in mind to mantain some big spreadsheet I will use to organize my life.
>>
>>58489527
Firefox
>>
>>58490114
then decrypt it and run photorec on it
>>
>>58483253
Well right now you have a bridge set between the lan ports and the wireless network labled OpenWrt.

So the network labeled OpenWrt and the LAN ports on the router are accessible to each other.

I see you have another wireless network "Akeel" that is not bridged. Bridge it and make sure you don't have more than one DHCP server on the network.
>>
>>58489540
You should look into Wake-On-Lan

>>58489692
It's very helpful if you're ssh'ing into Linux servers to change settings and things
>>
>>58490133
R is great for data scientists. If you're brand new to programming, you should check out Python
>>
i've been having some problems with my pc lately, not 100% sure what the problem is but i suspect it's my gpu or the fan control software fore it.

so a couple of days ago my pc would randomly shut off and start back up again, with the fans running at 100%. i thought my fan control software (msi afterburner) wasn't working correctly so my gpu overheated because of that. so i downloaded a different version of it that day and everything was fine for a couple of days until now.

today the same thing happened twice, my screen and sound froze up, and then my monitor lost signal with my pc, while my pc kept running, fans kept running etc. my monitor was still on but it said no signal detected. i had to reboot my pc and everything was normal again.

whats going on? is my gpu dying?
amd r9 390. have been using it for less than a year.
>>
>>58490223
reseat gpu and stress test it
>>
>>58490197
It is an encrypted folder on my internal storage of my android phone, will it still work?
>>
>>58483069
>Set a $600- $700 budget
>buy the best possible parts for that price
>let http://www.logicalincrements.com/ guide you on what components are sensible
>opt out of buying Standard ATX motherboards and Mid-tower cases
>buy MicroATX and Mini ITX motherboard and case instead
>>
>>58490223
if you have any overclocks cut it out and go to stock
power supply is the first suspect
faulty gpu is the second susspect
faulty mobo is third

clean reinstall can help determine if its a HW problem or software
>>
>>58490261
if the power supply is the first suspect then i should probably tell you that i'm using an ungrounded outlet because my house is old as fuck. maybe this has to do with it?
>>
>>58490287
unlikely, ground missing is just you getting shocked if by some chance phase gets on the case... and case is not grounded so if you touch it it goes through you to the ground instead of the ground
>>
>>58490306
when i touch the case and the radiator in my room at the same time it does give a significant shock, yep.

i don't have anything overclocked, but i will try reseating everything and checking all the cables tomorrow because it's 2:30am right now.
>>
>>58490335
>when i touch the case and the radiator in my room at the same time it does give a significant shock, yep.
yeah, thats not suppose to be
like not at all
grounding is like last resort for a serious mishap, not like solution to some daily occuring small issue
>>
How do "text to win" sweepstakes send/receive texts? Surely they don't just hook up a phone to a computer.
>>
>>58490453
Turn the phone in to a larger computer and thats basically what it is.One machine to handle all the numbers + auto dialing etc
>>
>>58490217
Thank you for your time to answer me, anon.

Would you have an idea if I could use Python in Google Sheets or something? Right now I'm really into this "spreadsheets could really help me organize my life and make me achieve some short term goals". I'm gonna use spreadsheets to keep track of my finances and specific subjects I study like Calc I or Analytic Geometry where I do really bad.
>>
>>58490481
nigger google your question
>Python in Google Sheets
>>
>>58490467
So they have their own SIM card and all of that? I know you can send text messages thru email but then you're "texting" an email address.
>>
>>58482019
Not that anon but cock.li's cert expired
>>
>>58490481
This is what you want:
https://developers.google.com/sheets/api/quickstart/python
>>
>>58490495
I did it right after clicking the Post button. Thank you

>>58490533
Thank you
>>
new thread >>58490611
new thread >>58490611
new thread >>58490611
>>
>>58490106
And does it really make you faster?
>>
>>58486221
That's declaration, not initialization.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36991681/what-is-the-time-complexity-of-array-declaration-definition-in-c

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16064820/what-is-the-time-complexity-of-array-initialization?noredirect=1
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.