[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General - How is this phone this cheap? edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 40

File: zuk-z2.jpg (87KB, 800x767px) Image search: [Google]
zuk-z2.jpg
87KB, 800x767px
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of fucking March 2016
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
HTC Announces the 5.7″ HTC U Ultra and 5.2″ HTC U Play with Sense Companion AI
https://www.xda-developers.com/htc-announces-the-5-7-htc-u-ultra-and-5-2-htc-u-play-with-sense-companion-ai/

OnePlus Assures Fix for OnePlus 3/3T Bootloader Vulnerability in Next OTA
https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-assures-fix-for-oneplus-33t-bootloader-vulnerability-in-next-ota/

Huawei launch event confirmed for February 26, P10 and P10 Plus flagships incoming
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Huawei-launch-event-confirmed-for-February-26-P10-and-P10-Plus-flagships-incoming_id89883

ZUK Z2 and Z2 Pro Owners To Get Android 7.0 Next Week
http://www.gizchina.com/2017/01/11/zuk-z2-z2-pro-owners-get-android-7-0-next-week/

Lenovo P2 review (5100mah + snapdragon 625 + amoled = 10+ hours SOT!)
http://techpp.com/2017/01/11/lenovo-p2-review/

[Deal Alert]Moto z play unlocked price reduction to $399.99
https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-play
>>
is a zuk z2 a good phone if I want something that's 5 inches or less and want decent specs and a camera?
pixel too much.
>>
>>58464329
seems so and the community support is getting better and better.
>>
Is the Oneplus 3T a good hoice to replace my Galaxy S5? Not sure if I should splash out on the 3T or wait until mid 2017 and see if they come out with a Oneplus 4?
>>
Will this fucking edged screen meme stop? Apparently even the vanilla S8 will have this edged screen abomination.

It doesn't look good and it certainly doesn't improve usage.
>>
>>58464289
it's a malware riddled chink phone. of course it's gonna be cheap, otherwise none would bother to buy it. chink phones never last long and zuk z2 is no exception to that. just read all the negative reviews it's getting
>>
>tfw waiting for my 3T to arrive
>>
File: 0112171524b.jpg (601KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0112171524b.jpg
601KB, 1920x1080px
I just got my Axon 7 in the mail today. Replacing my LG G4 and switching service from overprice Verizon to something about $50 cheaper.
>>
>>58464657
Link to negative reviews?

I like negative reviews of the Zuk Z2
>>
>>58464657
Did you brick your Xiaomi while trying to flash a rom or something?
>>
Hey guys, been using a Galaxy S5 on Verizon for awhile and I'm looking to replace it overall with a different android phone. I don't want it to be tiny nor huge but a decent size with a larger screen would be good, plus something with a good amount of storage or an SD slot would be sweet, any recommendations?
>>
>>58464680

good phone but oneplus 3t still in the lead. the dual speakers is great but requires more use of battery. save yourself battery life is my motto.
>>
>>58464289
>Wind
>Italy
>Budget less than 250 €
I want a phone that make good photos, with good support for multitasking (maps+ browser for shitposting+ +geotracking)
I found a Asus Zenfone Zoom Quad Core 4/64Gb for 250 € ship included in 24h
Is a good deal?
>>
>>58464657
Lol I just flashed a custom ROM and its the best phone I've ever used
>>
I have an upgrade in march, looking to upgrade from the s7 edge. Sick of the battery life, design, samsung in general.

Any good news about upcoming phones? Looking for something more angular in shape than a galaxy (doesnt have to be full rectangle like a sony), preferably a solid metal body, good screen and camera, basically a top end phone.

Been hearing that the lg g6 might be any good, what do you guys think?
>>
File: 81L0xdVSseL._SL1500_.jpg (222KB, 1057x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81L0xdVSseL._SL1500_.jpg
222KB, 1057x1500px
>>58464289
So, I wanted spen features on my at&t note 2 without using the stock ROM, so I installed DN4 on it, and it works well asides from a major issue.
Every time I put the device to sleep, after a minute or 2, it reboots. When I let it boot back up and not do anything letting it go back to sleep, it does it again. Anyone know of how to fix this?n
>>
>>58465679
Use a different kernel. The included one is obviously garbage.
>>
>>58464777
>>58464657
There aren't any.
>>
I bought for 240$ the Huawei X2 Mediapad 7".
How did I do?
>>
is no good phone going to come out until the galaxy s8?
>>
Hey faggots, waiting for my OP3 to arrive. I didn't have that much money for the 3T and where I live the difference of price between those two is actually a thing.

So, how much better is the 3T over the 3?
>>
recommendations for a phone for $100-200,-
>>
what reason should I state in my application for unlocking bootloader on my xiaomi R3NP?
>>
>>58464289
Wow never realized how ugly the z2 is
>>
who else here /never ending waitgame/?

I can't postpone it much longer.

Either the x compact or the mi6 this year.
>>
>>58466531
Mi6 specs look great but I won't be getting another phone with curved glass, I need full coverage tempered glass protectors or no sale.
>>
>>58466589
If it has the dual curved glass meme I won't get one I guess. But I'll wait, again, for 2 more Months I guess.
>>
>>58464680
Did you get a screen protector in your box? Every unboxing video has one but there wasnt one in mine :/
>>
FUCK, the sale for $200 moto x pure ended

how often does best buy do this shit?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-refurbished-moto-x-pure-4g-with-16gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/4729400.p?skuId=4729400
>>
>>58466393
Don't go through the official method.
>>
File: clockboycostume1.jpg (31KB, 640x373px)
clockboycostume1.jpg
31KB, 640x373px
Any decent way of rooting the OP3 with OOS 4.0.1?
>>
I nedd your help guys.
I'm trying to buy a phone, but i'm in a sort of a dead end:
I have 450-500 dollas in budget, but i don't know if i should get a Samsung Galaxy S7 or a OnePlus 3T.
Do you have anything else in mind that fits my budget?
Your help is appreciated.
>>
>>58466865
Just get the OP3T
>>
Can you explain why please ? The S7 is pretty good !
>>
>>58466946
It's ridiculously overpriced and you have to put up with all the shit software Samsung packs on their phones
>>
I found the S7 at 450 , the 3T is at 440
Is the 3T's camera good ?
>>
>>58466934
>>58466957
+1

I have the 3T. Have had a Samsung phone before. 3T wins hands down imo.
>>
>>58466974
Not as good as the S7
>>
>>58466957
Touchjizz has gotten better over previous versions but it's still shit and slow
>>
>>58466393
you bought it from a reseller and it had a vendor rom
>>
>>58467025
>guys, we now finally refined touchwizz, it's awesome now and so fast
>wow, I have to get this phone, samsung sure isn't lying to me again like the last two iterations
>oh man, I'm 6 month in and touchwizz started lagging again, more like touchjizz amir8? I won't buy samsung again!
>hey guys, we present to you the new galaxy x, this time touchwizz is REALLY good ans smooth
>oh wow, samsung sure as hell isn't lying to me again, is it?
>I need this phone

It's an endless cycle.
>>
>>58466974
To be fair that's a damn good price for the S7.

The 3T camera is good if you can keep your hand perfectly still. Unfortunately it (the software I think) does tend to blur shots with me so I have to take like 3 to get a good one
>>
Really want a Nokia 8 lads
>>
has anyone with a zuckerberg had any issues with build quality? heard of some people having things break

https://www.reddit.com/r/chinaphones/comments/4txaf6/zuk_z2_pro_camera_issues_affecting_quite_a_few/
>>
File: aaaaaah.jpg (39KB, 180x201px)
aaaaaah.jpg
39KB, 180x201px
why are people buying xiaomi over lenovo? is it the apple of chinkphones?
>>
ZUK Z2 or a Mi5 Pro?
>>
I'm looking for a budget phone (not more than 200€) that is relatively small, has a good battery and is reliable.

So far the Xiaomi Redmi 3 phones seem to fit my expectations the best, but there are so many fucking versions.
There's the 3, 3s, 3s Prime, 3 Pro and even a different version of the 3S with more RAM and internal storage.
From what I've gathered so far the first three are just consequent updates with the 3 Pro the only one that offers 4G LTE support for only an uprice of 34€ to the normal version.

Can somebody confirm this, has experience with it, or does own any of these? Also if anybody knows, hows the custom ROM support for them?
>>
>>58467136
get the one I bought
>>
>>58467145
forget the thing about LTE support they all offer it apparently
>>
>>58467058
I've had the s5 and s6 and never used touchwiz
>>
>BREAKONG RIGHT NOW MASSIVE SALE ON AXON 7 ON AMAZON
>>
File: image.png (270KB, 1334x750px)
image.png
270KB, 1334x750px
>>58467259
Forgot pick related<
>>
>>58467227
How did you do that ?
>>
anyone has that picture of /g/ approved smartphone with all the serial inputs and floppy drive and lan socket etc. ?
>>
>>58467306
Flash custom rom asap.
>>
>android is good they say

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=38282
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=195362
>>
The zuk z2 looks good but 5 inch is already too small. I tried 5.5 and I can't like 5 inchers anymore. What's a good 5.5 phones for less than $160?
>>
>>58467773
xiaomi redmi note 3 pro / special ed.
>>
>>58467265
>one cent off
Kek you can't make this up!
>>
whats the best light and battery saving launcher
>>
Whats the advantage to the OP3T over the i7+?

I got my wife an i6+ and really like it. My note4 is shit. I've had issues with it not detecting touch and forcing me to use the s pen, constant issues with the charge port, it won't fast charge, shit battery life, etc. I take good care of it, but it was a huge let down compared to my previous galaxys.
>>
File: 1461984443710.jpg (110KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461984443710.jpg
110KB, 720x960px
So /g/, in all my despair for not having a phone since my last one broke i got myself a Windows Phone budget shitter.
Now, i know WP is dead and all but i need to know if there's any 4chan apps like Clover or something for it.
>>
File: 1382934032147.png (3KB, 203x204px)
1382934032147.png
3KB, 203x204px
Is it worth to get an Xperia X Performance over the normal Xperia X?

I wanted a cheaper phone so I decided to go for the Xperia Z3. Some kind anons told me it's a stupid idea and just pay the 70€ extra for the X.
After reading up on everything I saw that it's not dust/waterproof.

Now the X Performance is dust/waterproof and also has slightly higher speccs, like a better battery, better processor etc, only real slight differences.
After watching videos comparing the Xperia X and the Performance, it looks like you pay 100€ more just for the dust/water resistance because most other shit seems identical, despite the slightly better specs.

Am I wrong here, is there something I don't see? Because 330€ for the X would be okay for me but paying 430€ should at least make some notable differences.
>>
>>58468407
Launchers barely use any battery. How often are you sitting on your phone's homescreen? If you want customisability then get Nova launcher
>>
>>58468569
Snapdragon 820 is overkill for 95% of the things you do on your phone and it uses more power, so battery life will be less on the X performance compared to the X. I'd take the X Performance only if you
1. Play a lot of demanding games
2. Really need the waterproofing

Otherwise pick the X
>>
>>58468459
4charm
Imageboard browser
4chan /b/rowser
>>
>>58467265

>$200 scalp for a 128gb 3t

Fuck these people. Reason why they're out of stock all the time to begin with, I imagine
>>
>>58468776

Don't need the waterproofing really, except for sometimes when it rains of course, I'm not sure how much the droplets get into cracks and can fuck with your system?
Also they talk about being dustproof, does this help in any way with the longevity of the phone like heat build up increasing over the years or something like that?

Other than that, no, I only play the occasional mobage, nothing big and fancy.
>>
>>58468831

Well blow me down, checked the website for shits and 128gb is back in stock

If you've been waiting, place your orders lads
>>
sorry bumping this, my parents have first gen xiaomi redmi note 3g acting up again today display is completely gone (black but still could receive phone calls weird). So should i get newest redmi note 3/4 redmi 3/4 for my parents, or pick some newest meme like android one devices/oukitel.
>>
Any /g/ approved lockscreens that doesn't need root?
>>
Original (shit)poster here. Could anyone give me an actual explanation of how the Zuk Z2 manages to be this cheap? I get that it has slower storage than the OP3, that QC isn't up to par with companies like Apple, that they didn't spend cash on advertising and that they cheaped out a bit on the screen and the camera but still... Are they actually making money off that phone?

>>58467145
I've got the Redmi 3 Pro

The phone was filled with malware when it arrived. I flashed Resurrection Remix MM and haven't had problems since.
>>
>>58468949
Just because it isn't advertised as waterproof doesn't mean it can't handle water. The IP65/68 rating of the X Performance means it's protected against low pressure water jets (ie. You can use it the shower) and continuous immersion in water (so you can swim with it underwater).

Rain isn't really a problem for any phone, at most the water on the screen might interfere with touch input. A lot of phones are also splash proof but aren't advertised as such because people might confuse that with their phone being waterproof. That's why you'll often see phones that aren't waterproof still survive being dipped in water like the Xperia X here
http://www.gsmarena.com/video_shows_the_sony_xperia_x_seems_to_cope_well_with_water_despite_the_lack_of_a_certification-blog-18813.php

The X Performance is also completely dustproof, but that doesn't really mean that much, as pretty much all phones are at minimum dust protected, meaning that dust can enter the phone but not in a way that will damage it.

More info on the IP ratings
http://www.dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/
>>
>>58469108
Do they need any particular features or just a cheap phone? 5" or 5.5" preferred?
>>
File: 1438902639395.png (200KB, 481x354px)
1438902639395.png
200KB, 481x354px
>>58469453

Thank you very much, that was is very good to know.

I will just go for the Xperia X then, my Note 2 is slowly crumbling in my hands
>>
>>58464680
Posting from mine rn, came yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised at the size, I haven't had a phone since the nexus 4 and I was expecting it to be way too big.
>>
Sick of my tmobile reception getting worse and working in a new place where I got .5 to zero bars while verizon shills and att got 4 bars I switched.

So i'm on verizon's prepaid $50 for 7gb data. Still cheaper than postpaid.

Now the question: what's a good phone with these specs?

Screen: 5-5.5"
Main apps: Snapchat, Maps, discord
Camera: I want a good camera
Kicker, Price: Less than $350 new.

Battery life can be meh because i'm always near a charger 3/4 of the day.
>>
Best phone with a microsd slot?
>>
>>58467124
Basically xiaomi makes better quality phone. I've had several lenovo phones over the years

>lenovo tab A7
-ghost touch issues
-overheating
-screen brightness changed at random

>Lenovo A850+
-ghost touch
-small internal storage and even with sd cards plugged in, some apps couldn't be transferred to sd cards
-sluggish even with quad core processor and 1gb ram
-usb port needed replacement after a year

>Lenovo A889
-ghost touch (again. wtf lenovo)
-screen stuck at landscape mode after several months
-also brightness changed at random

Never again

->>58467145
Get a Redmi 4A. It's basically an updated Redmi 3 and it costs slightly less
>>
>>58470641
galaxy A5 2016
>>
>>58470641
I didn't say budget I said best
>>
>>58470914
then you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>58470880
>>58470914
>>
>>58470925
It's better than the s7?
>>
>>58469503
I'm also considering it right now because it's for 320 caliphatebucks on ebay but I'll wait a bit longer since the mi6 is scheduled for this february or so. I want to see if it's worthwhile to wait for the mi6.
>>
>>58470998

I haven't kept up with phones, the last time I was interested in one, was a few years ago when stuff like Huawei was first introduced into the EU market with cheap mobile shit.

Now I see Xiaomi and I've never even heard that before, actually the same with Axon but that is besides the point.
Despite the stereotypes, it really seems like all these random asian brands really stepped up their game and deliver better phones than the ones we are used to, is that correct?

Seems like the companies who had the market before became really lazy.
>>
>>58471458
I don't know if they are truly better, /g/ doesn't really complain about them though. You get insane value for the price when you buy chinkphones, but you have the risk that if something breaks you are fucked because there is no warranty.

I mean the mi5s is basically a google pixel and it's half the price.
>>
File: halp_haaaaaalp_meee.jpg (81KB, 500x912px) Image search: [Google]
halp_haaaaaalp_meee.jpg
81KB, 500x912px
hey /g/ thought i ask this here before making a whole thread for it

Can I buy an unlocked smartphone, not use a carrier and just use it as a tom-tom like gps? Thought it would be a waste of money to just buy a tom-tom..since so many smart phones already have agps. Looking at galaxy s4 because my budget is tiny.

And if this is possible... what apps are needed to make it work? I dont need the assisted directions (though its ok if they are present), and i dont want one that just downloads maps offline.
>>
>>58469969
????o
>>
>>58467518
can't you just install another theme and never use it?
>>
>>58464289
Should I get the iPhone 7 or wait for the 8?
>>
>>58464642
Wat?
So no non-edge s8 AND no headphone jack?
GG samshit
>>
>>58471894
Latest rumour is that it WILL have a headphone jack
>>
>>58471785
What phone do you have now?
>>
>>58471894
Seriously, what the fuck? Has any big company ever heard the phrase "If it isn't broken, don't fix it"? Why can't I just get a plain phone with flagship specs that has a physical home button, a headphone jack, and USB-C?
>>
Sort of related, does anyone know how to sync music from foobar to android devices?
>>
The last best phone that was released is still the Samsung S5.

>no knox
>had all features
>still can change the battery
>easy to root
>still a big community to support it
>>
Xperia Z3, Samsung S5 or Note 3?
I'm tired of my iPhone 5S. Also don't like spendingmoney on phones
>>
>>58464289

is there any kind of consesus on best iphone case?

sister got me a 5c for christmas and i need a good case.
>>
>>58464289
Any decent phones for 50 dollar or less (Canadian) on amazon. I have a $50 amazon gift card that I would like to blow
>>
Need suggestion for phone
US, but NOT using for cell service
Want to use it as MP3 Player that can access Amazon music/spotify/pirated shit on an SD card

Yes, I am aware my current phone (S5) is a great phone. But I don't want to get distracted when I work out or go for a run and kill the battery.

Honestly, a chinkshit phone running lollipop would be fine
>>
mi max or note 3 pro
i kinda wanna big screen to watch tv/movies when travelling
but are phablets just a meme, will it just get annoying after 2 weeks?
>>
>>58473005
kitkat or lollipop*
>>
File: 1481038653948.jpg (481KB, 2792x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1481038653948.jpg
481KB, 2792x2000px
>>58467124
>is it the apple of chinkphones
Nah, redmi 4 and rmn3p is good value.

If you want good Lenovo phone you should buy from one of their subdivisions instead, like zuk or moto.
>>
>>58472305
HTC 10
>>
>>58472282
SE
>>
>>58473319
Wait for the 8
>>
>>58473022
Cut a Mi Max sized (88mmx 173mm) piece of cardboard and carry it around for two weeks to try it out
>>
>>58473005
>and kill the battery
can't you just get an extra battery or two and an external charger for them, seeing as your phone has a removable battery?
>>
AreSamsung S5s still competent devices if I can get one in pretty good shape?
>>
>>58473541
Yeah, especially running a custom rom
>>
>>58473541
it's pretty much one of the only 3 good phones samsung ever made alongside the s7e and note 4, if you can get it for 200 or less it's a good deal otherwise don't bother

>5.1" 1080p amoled, perfect phone size with the perfect resolution and vibrant colors (although i prefer lcd)
>water and dust resistand, slap a tempered glass protector and sturdy case on it for nokia levels of indestructible
>expandable storage
>removable battery which means you can shove a 10k zerolemon one in there with ease
>ir blaster
>not too shabby specs, will run even modern games with ease
>fingerprint scanner and a shitload of other features you will probably never use

the only shortcomings are no radio and only 2gb of ram, pretty mediocre these days but custom roms and kernels do wonders for phones like these
>>
>>58473843
>>58473899
Thank you /g/ents . I can actually get it for "free" by trading my iFag 5S, which I admit isa good phone..

I don't really care for gaymes, all I want is a workhorse for emailing and checking the bus times
>>
File: tumblr_lrywwvv3D21r058cd.jpg (90KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lrywwvv3D21r058cd.jpg
90KB, 500x377px
I loved windows phone and my old lumia 822.

I only use pandora, maps, and text/calls. Don't use snapchat or spotify.

I'm on verizon, would it be possible to get a used lumia icon somewhere? Or was there something newer/better that I can find used?

It might just be nostalgia but if i'm not spending over $200 I don't mind it just to see if I still love it.

I also want a good camera. I don't play mobile games.
>>
>>58473991
Does it have to be a lumia phone? Because good camera for 200 or less can only be found on huawei phones or a refurbished/used LG G2 (do not worry it was the G3 that started the bootloops), which are android.
>>
>>58474045
Yeah only windows.

I've got a 6s I just miss that old windows phone feel and the live tile backgrounds.
>>
Oi cunts, I'm currently looking for a relatively cheap phone with a removable battery. Catch is I'm in Australia. So far the only phone that matches that description that I can see for sale is the LG V5, has anyone had any experience with this thing?
>>
File: 1484310207091.png (555KB, 861x750px)
1484310207091.png
555KB, 861x750px
>>58469969
Guys i'd love some input on this one.
>>
Used note 4, lg g5, droid turbo 2, htc one m9.

Which is best to buy used? I'm buying from swappa.
>>
Anyone with a Moto G4+ can tell me how to take screenshots? I feel really stupid.
>>
When will phone manufacturers stop memeing "premium" materials? Aluminium is slippery and cold and it bends and dents. Just give me something like the iphone 5c or something, because if I'm going to need a plastic case to make a metal phone tolerable I might as well skip a step.
>>
>>58474625
You should feel stupid, you'd know if you just bothered to google "moto g4 screenshot"
>>
>>58474662
pic related is an example of an item made out of actual premium material
>>
>>58474669
Fair enough, thanks.
>>
Except for non expandable storage and non removable battery, is there any reason I shouldn't get a Samsung Note 5?
>>
>>58474662
>>58474669
Marble or ivory phones when? We've already seen wood and leather
>>
>>58474683
Unbreakable? Is it made of metal?
>>
File: 1392457881041.gif (179KB, 450x350px)
1392457881041.gif
179KB, 450x350px
Best phone for $50ish (can be used)?

I'm getting a phone for my younger brother. He'll be using it for the basic shit like social media, YouTube, music and what not. It doesn't have to be something super basic like those $4 Poo phones from India or some shit. I can stretch it to 60, even. Also, preferably with a larger screen.
>>
Y'all need to try Huawei phones
>>
>>58474907
Try Doogee X5

It can be had for about 60 bucks. Otherwise used samsung galaxy S4. You can find them for cheap at ebay
>>
>>58474778
Metal can chip
Premium plastics won't chip because it can just flex/Bend
>>
>>58474930
Was going to get the honor 8 when it was $300 but decided to wait for it to drop to $250 or so like those BF deals but nope back up to $400 and it's not worth $400
I'll get a Galaxy S7 for about $300 in a couple of months so fuck it
>>
>>58473498
The battery thing is pretty secondary, I bought a 7800mah powerbear extended battery. I want an extra "phone" that I could really give a shit about breaking while I'm at the gym or running
>>
>>58475406
Just get a cheap used Moto E / G then I guess
>>
>>58474930
but I will anon I will
getting my mate 9 for 510 euro
>>
File: 1467139314700.jpg (22KB, 599x335px) Image search: [Google]
1467139314700.jpg
22KB, 599x335px
Which one is better?

The iPhone 5S or iPhone SE?
>>
What are the best not too huge chink phones for the price? Thinking of replacing my HTC One m8
>>
File: gvxvd.png (527KB, 1327x729px) Image search: [Google]
gvxvd.png
527KB, 1327x729px
New V10 for $250 a good deal?
>>
The OP3T is basically the same as the 3, right? Can I get a 3T battery and put it in my 3 for those sweet extra mAh?
>>
>>58475959
old mobo aka bootloop
>>
What are the odds HTC makes another One this year? I really want the HTC 10, but don't know if I should hold out for a real successor or if that U thing is all they have
>>
I have an old blackberry z10. Would it be worth using over my 5s?

I need something different and can't decide on what to get.

<CDMA>
I want to spend under $250, and play no mobile games or snapchat.

I want a good camera and good reception in buildings so all bands?
>>
>>58476262
Is bootloop the new meme?
>>
>>58475924
The SE is literally the 5 body with 6S internals and camera
>>
>>58464289

What's the best chinkphone for custom roms?

I haven't bought a non-nexus phone since the galaxy s2 and I'm too paranoid to run the stock chinese roms
>>
>>58476457
That'd be redmi note 3 pro
>>
what's your favorite icon pack, /g/?
>>
>>58476412
I've own a V10 and it bootlooped. I thought it was a meme because it was brought up so much but it happens. The V10 is a solid phone but the bootloop problem is a serious setback. Get it at your own risk
>>
Is the moto mod battery expansion the closest thing we'll get to a user replaceable battery? I want to be able to go from a fully charged battery in a few seconds
>>
best rom for htc m8? mates
>>
So are manufacturer refurbished LG phones immune to memelooping? My assumption is that it bootlooped, was returned under warranty and fixed to be resold

>>58476764
a user replaceable battery is the closest thing we'll get to a user replaceable battery
>>
im getting an iphone what color should i get dont say rose gold
>>
>>58476799
gpe.
>>
>>58476829
gose rold
>>
>>58476829
jet black if you're getting a 7
>>
>>58476829
metallic pink golden.
>>
>ZUK Z2 shows audio results that are only very slightly better than those of an average smartphone.

>Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro does not have any special audio equipment, but just like the Mi Max shows very good audio results.

M-muh Suck.
>>
>>58476718
I've had 4 lg phones and loved all of them. I now own a V20 and fucking love the dac.
>>
File: 1122.jpg (3MB, 8776x3456px)
1122.jpg
3MB, 8776x3456px
>>58476935
One of this is the superior Redmi Note 3 Pro 2GB, while one is the Zcuck Z2.

Can you tell which one?
>>
>>58477011
Redmi Note 3 Pro 2GB review
>It is a solid, non-frills design, good display, serious battery life, good camera for a device of this class, very good performance and many software features that turn it into a useful everyday assistant, while you're on the go.

Zuck Z2 Review
>The camera and audio are standard for a device of that class, and battery life is excellent.

lol seriously, a $116 (FastCardTech) beats a shitty $176 phone easily. lol.
>>
Is dbrand a meme? Wondering if I should get it for my op3t.
>>
File: 1460601053557.jpg (10KB, 349x350px) Image search: [Google]
1460601053557.jpg
10KB, 349x350px
I got the update on my S7 Edge but my phone is still on 6.01
Whats going on here?
>>
Whats a safe download app for youtube videos? Im looking on fdroid and online, the only one i found so far is on the xda forms and asks you to download the apk from his blog. No thanks.

I used to have an app i could just share youtube links with and it would download them but i can find it.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>58477531
Snaptube and Tubemate? F-droid doesnt have jewgle apps or jewgle apps-complements, only abandoned/hardly updated freetard stuff.
>>
File: Wendy.jpg (321KB, 2032x1111px) Image search: [Google]
Wendy.jpg
321KB, 2032x1111px
>>58477577
Cool, thanks for the quick reply. I just found newpipe on fdoid and it works for downloading so ill try it out and if it doesnt work well ill remember those.

Only just reinstalled fdroid for clover, but yeah it doesnt have much
>>
Currently have oneplus one. Updating my phone next pay check, is the redmi 4 high a good choice?
>>
>Want an HTC 10
>Kind of also starting to want a Note 4 for its writing capabilities

Goddammit
>>
>>58466703
Yes but I fucked up applying. Who uses a screen protector now anyway.
>>
>>58477139
>>58477011
>>58476935

These really showed me that ZuK Z2 isn't really that good and is probably just being shilled.

I think I'm gonna buy the Redmi Note 3 Pro instead.
>>
>>58464289
I was looking into blackphone 2 but after reading reviews it seems like a meme, so currently looking for a phone that's easy to install cyanogenmod on and root - would like to get xposed modules on it aswell mostly for app permission control - the easy to do this stuff on the better. I'm completely out of loop with android so sorry for any retardation last time I used android was a few years ago on a nexus 5 - also how many apps require google play services cause I'd like to avoid google stuff completely if possible
>>
>>58464289
>tfw no phone like the aquaos crystal or mi mix
>>
Long time iPhone fag here, first time on this particular board but no stranger to 4chinz. AT&T iPhone 6 (currently) grandfathered unlimited data and text, limited calls.

Really unhappy with Apple's latest strides in iPhones, namely the 7. Also unhappy with iOS 10, it just seems to be trying to compete with other phone OS's. There's a bunch of useless bells and whistles and still very little customizability, as well as unnecessary changes to the keyboard and unlock sounds. The 7 is overpriced for what it is (as most Apples are), but I don't really care cause I'm still on a 6.

I've been using Apple for so long that I don't really want to change, but if I were to, what are some options? Not interested in any of the Windows phones for various reasons, but what else? Something with decent customizability, good security, maybe some options for enhanced web browsing (ie plugins, addons) and a good built-in camera in comparison to the iPhone. Make me want to switch.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n4upug5Wj41qhnlhk.jpg (99KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n4upug5Wj41qhnlhk.jpg
99KB, 500x395px
Note 4 or note 5 if price isn't an issue.

>Both are less than $300 on swappa.
>>
>>58472594
keep your 5s then
>>
>>58464289
Camera's shit. Fuckin solved.
>>
>>58473005
You could just get an mp3 player with an sd slot.
>>
Really don't know if I should get the redmi 4 prime or the Mi5s plus. I love the budget appeal and battery the Redmi has but I don't like the lack of USB C, the missing 3 GB of RAM and the onboard memory of only 32 compared to the 128GB of memory that's the Mi5s Plus has. Budget I see not the biggest issue, which one should I get though? I want to get rid of my ShitePhone 5s
>>
>>58476262
>>58476412
>>58476718
>implying the V20 is not bootlooping
>>
aquaris x5 (with cyanogenmod) xs oneplus two - my main concern is privacy what're some thing I should take into consideration?
>>
>>58476665
compact icons hd
noizy
phix
candy icons
acorn
cornie
unpivot

those are nice
>>
>>58478506
Budget is not the biggest issue* sorry guys but this phone can't even manage typing in browser anymore quickly, I have to make sure I type slowly, I hate it
>>
>>58478507
I really hate that meme. Not because it's not true, but because the V20 would be pretty much the perfect large phone otherwise.

At least it doesn't explode.
>>
>>58478527
I think it's fucking idiotic how long LG has been fucking that up. Since G4 every single phone they made could have that problem. Someone working there needs to get shot.
>>
>>58478543
I'm using the V10 and I've had zero problems after almost a year, but I'm seemingly just lucky.
>>
>>58478553
I do hope you never run into that crap anon. From what I read the V10 has the lowest rate of bootloops.
>>
>>58478578
Me too. The minor screen retention is annoying, but the potential bootloop has me itching to upgrade. Thinking of just getting the Z Force.

This almost feels like lucking out with a 360
>>
File: DONT-LOOK-AT-THIS.png (73KB, 800x1009px) Image search: [Google]
DONT-LOOK-AT-THIS.png
73KB, 800x1009px
I keep seeing people recommend the Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro 3.

Is it a considerable upgrade from my shitty Alcatel One Touch Idol?

Just want to have a nonshitty phone that can play games and multitask without shitting itself.
>>
>Tfw my mom fell for the fingerprint scanner meme

My cousin dicked around with my mom's phone without her notice and got her locked out. She uses that phone to keep in contact with her boss when she goes out in the field and has a lot of work related shit. Don't let kids dick around with your phones.
>>
How do I get rid of all the preinstalled shite on my phone man. I've uninstalled a decent chunk of it but some is still showing up in my apps list. I have the G5 btw.
>>
>>58472423
>>58473843
>>58473899
>>58473541
It has KNOX and TouchWiz is absolutely unusable on that phone by now.
The CM and LineageOS ROMs have also been buggy as hell.
>>58478263
How bad is that one button meme on the Zuk Z2?
>>
>>58478506
redmi 4 prime
>possibly better batterylife
>worse soc
>can't play demanding games if that's what you are after
>not too big
mi5s plus
>also good batterylife, but won't rival the redmi 4 prime I guess
>better soc
>can play demanding games
>is fucking huge if that's what you want
>>
>>58479126
and the redmi 4 prime doesn't have gorilla glass I think unlike the mi5s.
>>
I just rekt my OnePlus 3T by dropping it in a toilet while drunk. I'd like recommendations on similar phones to replace it with. I'm looking at the Galaxy S7 Edge, but don't want to rush in. I need at least 5.5 inch display and can't spend more than $700.
>>
>>58464289
When does the ZTE Axon get root? Also whats an open source alternative to SuperSu
>>
>>58479378
>Also whats an open source alternative to SuperSu

Superuser but it's abandoned
>>
What fone to get?

I want an SD card.
I don't know what else I want.
Awesome camera would be cool I suppose.
It'd be nice if the battery lasted like a week
>>
>>58479583
redmi 4 prime and a digital camera.
>>
>>58464289

NEED A GOOD IPHONE CASE

any suggestions?
>>
File: 1484073972177.jpg (32KB, 460x389px)
1484073972177.jpg
32KB, 460x389px
hello /spg/
Never played games on a smartphone, wanting to try now. Can you name me some really good games please?
>>
File: samsung-S5-copy.png (2MB, 1398x1175px)
samsung-S5-copy.png
2MB, 1398x1175px
>>58473899
Amen to that. It literally ticks all the boxes for features that you want from a smartphone!

I've had my S5 since launch. I've kept all stock software and apps, disabling the bloatware only. It's been dropped in puddles, left out in the garden and never had a scratch or crack on the screen. Still manages to hold up against modern phones for battery life and reliability.

I genuinely feel the S5 was the last great smartphone. Everything since then has been meme filled metal coated shit.

It's like the S5 is the 3210 of its generation.
>>
>>58478806
No

Get a Zuk Z2
>>
I bought the X2 Mediapad for 220$.

Rate my performance
>>
>>58480090
This.

Stronger cpu and more ram.
>>
>>58480115
0/10
>>
Now that, surprisingly, Nougat has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S7 this quickly...

When can we expect to have it rooted? Would the root method for MM work on N? Does it matter?
>>
File: 1465457805344.jpg (32KB, 325x346px)
1465457805344.jpg
32KB, 325x346px
>>58480253
tfw have a s7e and still no nougat
>>
>>58479888
>>>/v/mobile
>>>/vg/mobile
They don't have many mobile threads, but the ones they do have are usually for Japanese games.

Super Mario Run
Avadon 3
The Hacker 2.0
Kathy Rain
Battleship Lonewolf
Plants vs. Zombies
Asphalt 8: Airborne
Minecraft: Pocket Edition
Fruit Ninja
Monument Valley
Clash of Clans
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
World of Goo
Pokemon GO
The Room
Fallout Shelter
SOULCALIBUR
Most Square Enix games
Most Telltale Games games
This War of Mine

I don't play video games, but I know those are a good place to start. Depends on what you want, really. However, MOST paid games are vastly superior to their free counterparts. Especially if they're over $5.

There is a problem though... While Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is great you might find it annoying to play due to the controls. Keep that in mind. Try to find ones that work for mobile. Grand Theft Auto doesn't. At least from what I hear. The controls cause too many headaches and it's annoying. You could also try Max Payne. Minecraft is tolerable enough to play and it's probably a great go-to mobile game. If anything, this is probably the only mobile game you'd ever need. Terraria is probably even better because it's designed for mobile and will probably feel better to play than some 3D game.
>>
>>58464289
Zuk z2 would've been good for me if it was 5.5 inch. I want to replace my moto x play. Is there any other good phone for under 300 euro, needs to have 5.5 inch or higher, and a huge battery. Needs to have rom support for atleast 1-2 years
>>
is the mi5 worth the extra cash, or should i just get a redmi note 3 pro?
>>
>>58480532
If you care about custom roms, neither.
>>
>>58480554
and if i dont?
>>
>>58480600
RN3P for cheapness and battery life, otherwise Mi 5s.
>>
>>58479126
>>58479137
Ok so mi5s plus it is I guess
>>
>>58480554
but rn3p has official cyanogenmod.
>>
>>58480902
So does the mi5, both have plenty of other ROMs too
>>
>>58480902
>>58480927
Both are buggy because Xiaomi doesn't release updated kernel source.
>>
>>58478378
H E L P
>>
>>58481042
Stop posting any time m8
On Mi5 at least there are no real bugs in cm/los
>>
I bought a RM3 special edition… and although great I'm already considering to switch to something else.

Specs wise it's not bad at all, but that camera.

Is there anything like it but with a better camera that doesn't cost a fortune?
>>
>>58465714
Lie
>>
>>58481308
I know the feel. I loved my blackberry z10 cause it was neat and still had the hub.

That camera is garbage though.
>>
>>58481308
In xiaomi, redmis all have shit cameras.

Mi lineup has good cameras. Mi4C camera shits all over redmi note 3 pro, I have both.
>>
>>58476385
probably, look up specs of each battery (dimensions, voltages, amps etc.) and see for yourself
>>
Help /spg/, my Nexus 5x just started heating up in my pocket and died. Buttons don't work, can't hard reset, and nothing happens when it's plugged in. The only unusual thing I remember doing is that I didn't install the most recent update. l loved this phone and the camera, but I'll never touch another LG again, seriously WTF.
>>
>>58481308
Just adjust the lens focus. There's a guide in the miui forums on how to. There's a significant change.
>>
>>58481837
Link, nigga!
>>
>>58481745
RMA is all you can do.
>>
are mediatek processors any good?
>>
>>58482125
Nope, and they overheat a lot
>>
The chinks are winning the smartphone war, are they not?
>>
>>58464414
It's a great phone. I pulled the trigger on it recently since there are rumors going around that OP4 will have a 5,3" screen and I refuse to go under 5,5". Other oems are out of the question with their 700€+ price tags.
>>
>>58466351
Marginal. The OP3 is 400 and OP3T is 440 here and the 40 bucks difference is honestly the most I'd be willing to pay for the upgrade.
>>
>>58479236
Another OP3T or S7E. I wouldn't even consider other phones.
>>
Is the Galaxy Note series the closest thing one may hope for for a n900 replacement?
>>
>>58465455
No.
Get a Moto G4+.
>>
File: sonyxperiaz5white01.jpg (43KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sonyxperiaz5white01.jpg
43KB, 1000x1000px
>wait patiently forever for the Xperia Z5 to lower in price
>finally decent price point
>buy it in May
>love the design and everything about it
But then 2 issues:
1.)
>pokemon go comes out
>get caught up in the fad
>obviously drains the battery hardcore while playing it
>fad ends finally, and got the game out of my system
>don't play the game anymore but phone seems to die faster now
>did overall battery life get shot as a result?
2.)
>screen starts developing a weird issue
>scroll down lightly while browsing any webpage or Clover
>suddenly the page scrolls practically to the bottom of the page
>links being opened even though I swear I've barely touched them
>turn off screen and then back on again to (momentarily) fix the issue
>it happens randomly

Anyone else with a Z5 have this issue?

Should still have a warranty, could I do anything about this? Send it in? Get a replacement?

Is the XZ plagued by this same problem?
>>
File: Autism Chart.jpg (123KB, 640x640px)
Autism Chart.jpg
123KB, 640x640px
Hey /g/uys. What is the name of the volume control app in Samsung galaxy phones? Or the name of the volume apps you guys use in your cfw?

I have a rooted pos non Samsung phone and would like to exchange my stock volume control app with the one in Samsung.

Yes I know it's won't improve quality but it might increase volume cutoff lvls.
>>
If you have a 16gb micro sd card and you are buying a 32gb to replace it. What program do you guys uses to make sure everything is transferred to the new flash card?

Upgrading my 16gb sdcard to 32gb and I want all the things android reads from it is on the new card.
>>
>>58472305
Zuk Z2, but it needs a custom ROM and you have to fuck around on the Chinese Zuk website to get the image for the unlocked bootloader, it's kind of a pain. There are currently two working options for custom ROMs, though: Lineage OS and MoKee.

>>58476401
Fuck no, the Z10 is old and slow. The phone's build quality is really nice and BBOS is pretty good, but it's not worth using a phone that slow.

>>58479065
>one button meme
Works fine for me. Tap for back, press for home, swipe right for app switcher. Those are the only functions I need.
>>
>>58484895
>volume control app
You mean pic related?
>>
>>58484951
Can't you just move everything on the old card ont on your PC and then on the new card?
>>
Verizon here friends.

Moto G4 new, used note 4, used note 5, or used s6.

I love the idea of the s pen and those on the fly note taking ability for my meetings but it might be a meme and too giant in my pocket. I didn't like the 6p because of it slipping out of my gym shorts but I could always use an armband or something to hold it in.

If buying used I can get a mint one for around $300. Is that too much for a note 5 at this point?
>>
>>58477260
Having never heard of it, I looked it up. It looks like something for nerds and dumbasses that serves no practical purpose. What's even the point? Anyone with any sense is gonna have their phone in a case anyway, so you're wasting money on superficial shit no one is ever going to see. Just ordered an all Hyperblack kit for my OP3T.
>>
>>58485158
Well if you already had a 6P you should know if the Galaxy Notes are too big or not as they're both 5.7", same size as the 6P.

On the Note 5 you get newer specs but lose some of the great features the Note 4 had, such as a removable battery, a microsd card slot and a infrared port.
>>
>>58482801

They are the entire smartphone industry.
>>
This sole webm on the Latina /gif/ thread ignores the volume settings on my phone even when set to mute. Look for post number >>9899293

Using Clover v2.1.3 on Axon 7 4.0
Explanation?
>>
does the V10 bootloop as well?

tempting sale atm but I don't want a brick
>>
>>58464289
Can one of you fine men post the picture of the gold S8 I saw on here a while ago?
>>
>>58486643
damn no spoonfeed necessary, I already found it.
>>
Convince me to switch from iPhone
>>
>>58486717
neckbeards on /g/ will call you gay if you don't
>>
>>58486223
>Explanation?

You're an idiot.
>>
>>58486717
Saying that means you’re probably already considering it. Specify what you’re lacking and what you’re looking for first.
>>
I enjoy MIUI, it's pretty feature complete and have no real issues with it other than having to disable chink “doze” to get notifications. (really kills my 4k mAh battery on my Redmi 3) I’m a bit wary of moving to the Zuk 2 due to their ROM. Is it any good?
>>
>>58484981
Yea that.
>>
What's a good phone for around $200-$400 that has sprint or tmobile LTE?
>>
>>58486769
I don't understand, please explain further.
>>
is emmc 5.1 noticeably slower than ufs 2.0?
>>
>>58484802
>buying a Sony phone... Ever
>buying a Snapdragon 8
10 phone... Ever
Due, you asked for it
>>58486288
>Buying a LG flagship... Ever
This needs to stop
>>
>>58485019
I don't know. I know with hdds some shit is always left behind. I don't want no important info/drivers /logs/etc left on the card because I wasn't allowed to copy it.
>>
>>58486973
Moto Z Play, Axon 7, Honor 8
>>
I did it, selfpropelled guns. I pulled the trigger on Redmi 4 Prime. I paid more than I would if I bought from chinks, but at least I know it's in my country, has sellers warranty and is unlocked with MIUI EU flashed.

Fuck, it took me more than a month to make the decision (poorfaging) and I still have doubts, even nw when the money's been payed and I'm waiting for delivery happening next week.
>>
>>58487073
Just make the windows show hidden files and everything should get copied over
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/
>>
>>58487111
>payed
paid**
>>
>>58486993
this is the mi max 64gb, seems breddy decent to me, maybe apps open 0.05 sec faster with UFS but I don't think you should really worry too much about it. speeds can vary tho, just like there are USB3 flashdrives that are less than 40MB/s.
>>
>>58487098
Don't like any of those, was thinking about the op3t but i haven't looked at any recent phoens
>>
Costco has a Moto g4 32gb unlocked phone for $220. Is this a good phone, or deal?
>>
Which is most worth buying, HTC 10 for 650 dollars, or S7 non-edge for 705 dollarinos?
>>
aquaris x5 (with cyanogenmod) vs oneplus two

my main concern is privacy what're some thing I should take into consideration? one worry I have is oneplus 2 is running oxygenos which is closed source, both come with google play store and stuff which I hope I'd be able to remove (or maybe block google domains with something like adaway) - I can't really add more details the two factors that're my priority are privacy and battery life (as long as it gets 1 day I'm fine)
>>
>>58486932
The volume menu isn't an app, it's a feature in the OS so you can't just change it. What exactly is it you want to do?
>>
anyone has any experience with xiaomeme mi5s?
>>
File: _20170114_235118.jpg (142KB, 811x1328px)
_20170114_235118.jpg
142KB, 811x1328px
>>58486993
Pic related, ZUK Z2 is EMMC 5.1, Xiaomi Mi5, Galaxy S7 and OP3 are UFS 2.0
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-Smartphone-Review.170061.0.html
>>
>>58487260
you can find the international version of the s7 non-edge for like 530 on b&hphoto and I got my htc 10 on sale for 500 through htc. but pay more and go with the 10 anyway cuz fuck samsung.
>>
>>58487246
Get the OP3T then if it's within your budget
>>
>>58473899
>>58473541
>the "unlocked" s5 sold on Amazon is locked to at&t
I would have gotten one too, but I'm not paying so it can ship to me then pay 30us to unlock it.
>>
>>58487378
Not that particular, My mom has a Samsung s something and the software cutoff lvls are far better than on my pos blu phone.

I was thinking of using another phones volume control to raise the cut off lvl by software means.

They usually have limiters built in right? Well I wanted to unlock mine.
>>
File: 1470400937374.jpg (70KB, 230x260px)
1470400937374.jpg
70KB, 230x260px
>phone battery drains and turns of automatically
>charge phone to 100%
>turn it on
>battery indicator at 75%
What's happening to my Moto G4 Amazon Prime™? It's been this like 3 battery cycles now.
>>
File: 1448305131126.jpg (340KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1448305131126.jpg
340KB, 500x750px
>>58487183
Meh. Thanks. Have a chink.
>is it a gril is it a boy does it code with those large dexterous fingers
>who knows
>>
>>58487273
You don't have to use oxygenOS on the OP2, just install a custom rom without Google apps
>>
>>58487680
I'm not sure what you mean by cut off levels. Do you want to make the phone louder? Maybe try one of the volume booster apps on the app store.
>>
Thoughts on the Huawei P9 Lite?
>>
>>58487812
how easily is it and can I do it if my host OS is fedora linux?
>>
>>58464289
is the lg x power a good phone? or does it have the one bootlooping problem?
>>
>>58487745
My Sony does this too, fucking annoying
>>
>>58487273
Do what I do anon. Install a firewall app and block all programs you don't want to have access to the internet.
>>
>>58487847
Is that the only way to make my headphones "louder"? An app? Any app in particular? I know a lot of those shit are placebo.
>>
>>58487745
Don't let the battery drain do low that the phone switches off and don't charge it to 100% when it's off. Instead if the battery drains enough that the phone switches off then turn it back on as soon as you can after plugging it in the charger
>>
does cyanogenmod have built in root capabilities? if so from what version?
>>
>>58487937
they come pre-rooted if that's what you mean, not sure which version started doing this though
>>
File: 8GJTIQu.png (205KB, 288x600px)
8GJTIQu.png
205KB, 288x600px
>all these newfag redshitors don't know the old /g/ meme that anyone buying tech when it first comes out is nothing more than beta testers

You all deserve what you get instead of waiting to see what problems arise.
>>
>>58487934
>turn it back on as soon as you can after plugging it in the charger
Haven't done this. Thanks especially if it fixes my prob.

>>58487937
I have CM13 installed and it has root thingy. Pretty sure CM14 and LineageOS has too
>>
>>58487934
>he wants the phone software to turn off the battery when it's 100%

It's like you don't likd explosions.
>>
>>58487879
someone please respond
>>
>>58487931
If you're rooted, there is a volume option in Kernel Adiutor if your kernel supports it
If your kernel can't, you can get Viper4android.
Be very pensive with shit that tweaks your volume, you might break your earphones/speakers/eardrums if you set it too loud
>>
File: 1458940390897.gif (280KB, 600x600px)
1458940390897.gif
280KB, 600x600px
>>58487973
I have the habit of buying at least 6 months after release date. I only buy shit right away if it's really cheap

Never again Samsung
>>
>>58488004
just go with another manufacturer, lg is shit tier
>>
>>58488027
k.
>>
>>58487870
The tools you need are available for Linux too, and flashing a custom rom is easy, especially on a developer friendly phone such as the Oneplus. There's plenty of guides available on the internet
>>
File: 1412882339042.jpg (41KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
1412882339042.jpg
41KB, 400x274px
OnePlus 3 vs. Google Pixle.

Availability, and price exuding, which is the better phone, and why?
>>
Mi5s or 5s plus? Or is there anything better under $400?
>>
>>58487977
>I have CM13 installed and it has root thingy
thanks, can you be specific is it just in developer settings or something?

also worried since I'm buying a phone that comes with cyanogenmod and play store on it it won't be rootable out of the box
>>
>>58487966
>>58488091
IIRC only cyanogenmod nightlies are prerooted, the setting for it is under developer settings. Stable releases are not prerooted so you'll need to flash SuperSU or something
>>
>>58488050
Pixel, because it has a better screen.
>>
>>58488129
Better camera too
>>
>>58488050
In the developer setting, yes.

You can always flash SuperSU but when I did try on CM13 first without knowing it has root it just got stuck in a bootloop.

Also, CM is ded. LineageOS is the new king. Only reason I'm using CM13 is Xposed
>>
>>58488149
and support too
>>
>>58488129
>>58488149
>>58488165
oneplus is a poor man's nexus/pixel.
>>
>>58488091
>comes with Cyanogenmod
What phone?
>>
>>58488176
Fucking idiots, the OP3 is flatout superior, looks like a bunch of newfaggots got linked to this thread from le rebbit and have been shitposting for the last 100 posts.

>muh iphone of android
>ignoring the camera lens flare, crackling speaker, hqving to shell out $900 shekels for the 32 GB one and the 128 version not being available except on vericuck stores

Good goyims, keep shilling google phones.
>>
>>58488198
aquaris x5
>>
>>58470641 LG v20
>>
>>58488247
the 128GB is available right now.

Its selling for $1,500 on eBay right now. Shit, I can flip this thing if I want to.

The 32GB is selling for about $120 more than retail.
>>
I'm struggling to find a <$300 <5.3" phone that doesn't manage to fuck something up

Moto G4 Play
>slow to charge...unless one of you that personally owns one and charges it with the turbo charger can tell me otherwise

Axon 7 Mini
>lousy battery life

Zuk Z2
>won't fully supports AT&T's LTE bands in the US it seems.

Xiami Mi5
>same bullshit as the Zuk

Where does one go from here?
>>
>>58488314
redmi pro
>>
>>58488331
>5.5"
>>
>>58488314
G4 Play at least has rechargeable battery you can swap out if it doesn't charge fast enough for you
>>
Why doesn't Bq get more attention?
>>
>>58488408
>>58488331
Won't get LTE on AT&T either
>>
>>58488474
replaceable, I meant

obviously it's rechargeable
>>
>>58488314
Take a pick
http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2015&fDisplayInchesMax=5.3&s4Gs=2,4,5,17
>>
>>58488478
why? did you get one? I honestly like the build quality of it. Its not too shabby for the price, and the speccs are decent.
>>
>>58488759
>why? did you get one? I honestly like the build quality of it. Its not too shabby for the price, and the speccs are decent.
I'm still deciding between this and the Xperia X compact
The Bq Aquaris supports Galileo satellites which went online in December 2016 -> should have very accurate positioning
>>
>>58488478
Never realised they ship internationally, always just assumed they're sold in a limited amount of countries
>>
>>58488759
oh and Bq seems to be open source friendly, tho Sony is too nowadays

http://developer.sonymobile.com/open-devices/list-of-devices-and-resources/
>>
>>58488873
it's quite big honestly. I'd take the x compact if you really want a compact phone. Batterywise they should be on par. BQ has cleaner android than sony tho.

>>58488886
Are there regular AOSP roms for sony devices maintained? cm is not supported on mine anymore.

also sony usually fucks up the cameras on their devices when you nlock the bootloader, don't they?
>>
>>58488906
>Are there regular AOSP roms for sony devices maintained? cm is not supported on mine anymore.
There's some development going on:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/x-compact/development
>camera
It seems like someone managed to integrate the DRM module into a custom ROM
>>
is Asus bad?
>>
>>58487243
>>58487529
thanks for the input.
>>
Why can't they make an updated Moto G1
4.5" is perfect
>>
xiaomi mi 6 looks good, i might get it if the import costs arent too crazy
>>
>>58486764
I really don't care. This is my first time on this board.
>>58486825
Lacking: customizability, good browsers, plugins, ease of 1-hand operation (using a 6). Would like soemthing with better formatting, easier to reach buttons, some options for keyboard sounds, browser plugins, freedom of file browsing (ie flash and webm viewing without weird external apps), being able to put passcodes on some apps. One thing I'm not willing to risk is the security though, I haven't heard any stories of non-jailbroken iPhones getting hacked but heard thousands for Droids etc

Just looking for any other phones that have this and maybe more.
>>
>>58489086
asus is not bad
>>
Xiaomi mi5s or Xiaomi Redmi Pro 5.5-inch Dual Camera 3GB RAM 64GB MTK Helio X25 Deca-core 4G Smartphone

[spoiler]I want something that works and feels nice in my hands, but im not sure how i feel about 'supporting' no-sd card jewery[/spoiler]
>>
NEW THREAD:

>>58489480

>>58489480

>>58489480
>>
>>58487549
This is norway, so prices are higher as fuck because 'oil
>>
>>58488314
but the g4 play comes with its own special turbocharger? that's one of its main selling points besides stock android and being cheap as fuck

the regular g4 comes with a black rectangle for a charger, takes 2-3 hours to reach 100 percent

the g4 plus comes with a black square for a charger, this one is the turbocharger and can be used on the g4 and other moto phones such as the z play, fully charges in an hour and 20 minutes but just 20 minutes of charging puts the phone from dead to 50 percent, dont touch the charger after this though, its scalding hot (it does cool off as soon it reaches 100 though)

the g4 play comes with a white square-ish charger, this is apparently also a turbocharger but it's meant to be used only with this phone, takes an hour and 40 minutes to fully charge, charger also overheats while in use but its nowhere near as hot as the real turbocharger, and cools off sooner (at 80 percent)

still, i wouldn't buy any of those phones, get an old flagship or try your luck with those $300 galaxy s7's on ebay (exact same specs as the s7e but smaller battery, no edge meme and 5.1")

source: i have a g4 play, dad has the g4 plus and a friend has the g4
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.