[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 49

File: e0006909_11054432.jpg (56KB, 400x568px) Image search: [Google]
e0006909_11054432.jpg
56KB, 400x568px
Is it possible to do a clean install with the W10 assistive technology (for disabled people) upgrade?
>>
Where do i get office to use kmspico with? which version of office is best? 2013?
>>
Best anti virus? that is free anti virus
>>
What category or type of applications which are relatively simple to develop also make the most money from the Google play store?

I want to work on profitable mobile apps.
>>
I fucked up some drivers and I can't use any USB devices on my windows install, and I can't fix them because I can't use a mouse or keyboard anymore
Wat do
Tried safe mode, that doesn't work either
>>
About every hour my connection will die for 5 or so seconds, it's goddamn annoying if I'm playing a game. It can't be my router because I'm plugged in directly to my modem, so what's going on?
>>
hey guys i'm thinking of creating an app that gathers internet browsing history of everyone that registers to it.

thinking that might interest parents to keep their kids from browsing 4chan and other degenerate parts of the web.

also no more self diagnosing and other stuff. what think?
>>
File: dshgadfhfadha.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dshgadfhfadha.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
Is it normal for a graphics card to reach upwards of 80-90C? That seems way too fucking hot but I can never get straight answers on cancerous gaming boards so I'm hoping someone on /g/ can help me out.
>>
>>58132233
Thats the upper limit at peak.
70-80c is fine
>>
>>58132244
>70-80c is fine
Fuck. That's reassuring but at the same time kind of scary. This graphics card is brand new. It's not high-end or anything but I still can't believe it's reaching the limit of what's acceptable playing games that aren't even that intense with their graphics.

Thanks for the answer anyway.
>>
>>58132233
It's pretty much fine.
In the past some single slot cards like the 8800GT and 9800 would reach 100.
>>
>>58132233
my 8800 would get hot
you can tell it's too hot when it stops working
otherwise, keep going
>>
>>58131782
How do you post code on g in the special code box
 like this?? 
>>
>>58132027

Please respond
>>
is there a PDF reader (besides Adobe reader) that allows you to change the background page colour using the GUI? I know that Sumatra and some others let you do so by editing the config file, but I'm wondering about an option accessible through the GUI.
>>
What does it mean when in an online shop it says the product isn't available online, and only in a retail store?

What wouls the difference be? Do they keep the shitty rma items?
>>
File: 1476136732767.jpg (60KB, 960x747px) Image search: [Google]
1476136732767.jpg
60KB, 960x747px
Guys I need help. I used to play Pokemon Go but I have cyanogenmod so I had to use magisk manager to hide my root etc.
I don't play pokemon so I deleted magisk, the problem is that now I can't update cyanogenmod and my phone isn't rooted anymore. I don't know what to do pls halp
>>
File: latest.png (95KB, 537x534px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
95KB, 537x534px
I am making a fresh build with a retail copy of windows 7 home premium, but I would like to know if to avoid telemetry all I have to do is avoid some of the 2016 updates / roll ups, or if they went back and changed SP1 to also include it (I heard something like that but it sounds off).
>>
What text editor should I use?
>>
>>58132574
[robably that its not available from the warehouse, and it would be too costly to send it from the store.
>>
>>58132574
If it is a normal product then they will soon stop selling it. Their main warehouse has already run out of the products but stores still have stock to clear.

If it's a more unusual product then they can't or do not want to bother mailing it to you.

>>58132659
Don't use windows if you're worried about NSA collecting your data.

>>58132665
This is stupid questions thread, not shitty questions thread. Which OS are you on? Would you use it for programming, writing documents or do you just want something simple for plaintext files?
>>
I marked one of my skype accounts for deletion. What happens if I delete the email address linked to that account?
Note: the account will take 60 days to delete itself.
>>
My PC doesnt boot with the graphics card connected
It powers on, spins the fans, but no POST, no signal on the monitor, no beeps.
But if i have the grpahic card disconnected it does beep normally.
Is the graphic card dead ?
>>
>>58131782
qt
>>
>>58133037
Is your power supply okay? Have you plugged in the extra power cables? If yes, then your graphics card is very likely dead. Could also be a motherboard issue, but that's unlikely.

If you have a friend and can borrow a graphics card from him then you could test that out too. Just check if it posts or not and then return the card.

>>58132027
Does your modem lose connection too or just your computer? Does this happen all the time or only when you download stuff or play games?

>>58133048
I dunno. She's sort of weird mix between cute asian girl and hot western woman. Doesn't excel in either category. I'd still marry and have five children with her but I've seen much cuter girls on internet.
>>
File: 1481294330786 (1).jpg (128KB, 804x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481294330786 (1).jpg
128KB, 804x768px
why is it always so goddamn complicated to isntall python libraries? All I want is numpy, scipy and statstools and while numpy works through pip install, all the others won't ever work for some reason.

I made it work in the past by downloading all of Anaconda but then you have all this shit that you don't use.

Part of me feels retarded but literal evenings spent trying to simply install the fucking things resulted in nothing.
>>
>>58133134
I plugged in the 6 pin connector with a molex to 6pin adapter.
tried the graphics card in 2 PCs
PSU is ok in both
graphics card is completely dead i guess...
>>
How do I make sure that PSU is failling?
I have acquired a really old PC from 2003.
The thing randomly shutdown even when running Live sessions of linux.
I thought it was temp issues, I've cleand the CPU fan and changed the thermal paste, the temps are in 40-50 C.

Any idea?
>>
>>58132291
Case makes a big difference
>>
>>58131782
Did you just imply it was possible to end up with a clean install when you start out with windows?
>>
What razor does /g/ recommend.
>>
File: OG9Cc6v.png (1MB, 1920x982px) Image search: [Google]
OG9Cc6v.png
1MB, 1920x982px
Why nobody recommends Tiny7?
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5039629/Windows_Tiny7_Unattended_Activated_CD_%28x86%29_-_eXPerience
If you're using it to run games, why would you need security updates?
>>
>>58131938
Malwarebytes
>>
>>58133176
Yep, it's dead.

>>58133197
Try another PSU. Abuse return policies on local stores or ask your friend if you could borrow one.

If the PSU is old then you might just buy a new one anyways. You'll have to replace the PSU eventually, might as well do it now.

>>58133451
If all you want to do is dualboot into windows for vidya then it's fine, but win10 is better for anyone who wants a full-feature OS. Also win7 doesn't support DX12.
>>
>>58133451
is there a 64bit version?
the only thing i use windows for is 64bit-only
>>
File: 1476243526209.jpg (259KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476243526209.jpg
259KB, 1600x1200px
>>58133509
>Try another PSU
Don't have one around.
It is a PSU issue right?
Sudden shutdowns, especially when doing something CPU "intensive".
I've tested the RAM and have run several GPU and CPU benchmarks and nothing happened.

How do I know if it is the mobo?
>>
>>58133451
because it's shit.
Install WES7
>>
>>58133537
>>58133509
Oh, is it 32bit version? Nevermind then, that thing can't run latest games.

64bit windows requires much more RAM and disk space because it has to carry 32-bit libraries in addition to the 64-bit ones. It makes sense that the "tiniest windows build possible" has to be limited to 32-bit only.

>>58133570
Impossible to know for sure. You'll have to replace hardware and see if the problem dissappears.
>>
>>58133509
>win7 doesn't support DX12
Any game worth playing doesn't need DX12.
I just want to use it for eroge and PS.
>>58133537
What for?
>>58133576
>WES7
And use it how if it doesn't support any drivers?
>>
>>58133605
it supports all drivers from win7. Stop spreading FUD, retard.
>>
>>58133605
>What for?
solidworks, 2014 was the last version with a 32bit release
>>
File: 10122016733.jpg (1MB, 1832x3264px) Image search: [Google]
10122016733.jpg
1MB, 1832x3264px
>>58133591
>Impossible to know for sure
It's the mobo isn't it.
>>
>>58133615
>using Windows for embedded system on desktop.
That's high level of autism.
>>
>>58131938
Avast and malwarebytes.
>>
>>58133684
>using keylogger-infested pajeet-tier win7 for TinyDicked retards
Good idea.
Shoot yourself
>>
>>58131962
Go to fries, pick up a bluetooth card a a bluetooth keyboard. Fix the install, then return them.
>>
>>58133711
>keylogger-infested
Prove it.
>pajeet-tier
It's made by eXperince, the same who made MicroXP, a pioneer of the scene.
All of it, when you were sucking milk from your mother's breasts.
>>
>>58133605
DX12 is not mandatory but it'll be important in future as more and more games start to utilize it's features. But if you're not playing latest games then you can pretty much ignore it. Although in that case wine should be good enough for you.

>>58133670
The fun part of retro computing is figuring out which part has failed and trying all kinds of solutions untill you get your system working again. If you don't find this enjoyable then you should toss that thing into a bin and get a 300 dollars PC from craigslist.
>>
>>58133734
>pioneer
>of the scene
kek
>prove it
no nigger, it doesn't work like that. You're advertising this illegal, shitty pajeet-tier os here. You prove it it's 100% clean and safe to use. Otherwise fuck off back to your designated forum.
>>
>>58132805
>Don't use windows if you're worried about NSA collecting your data.
That doesn't really help with the question.
>>
>>58133762
>wine should be good enough
Sadly WINE isn't perfect.
Many eroge refuse to run or can't display the dialog.
And some programs are nearly impossible to run with it.
Even old games.
>>
In terms of changing parts and upgrading with ease, how does an HP Elite book fare against a Thinkpad?
>>
>>58133762
>trying all kinds of solutions
I'm.
That's why I'm asking here.
I've excluded SW issues, RAM and CPU are fine.
HDD isn't the cause since even linux live is having the same issues.
The only thing is either PSU or MOBO.
So how can I tell which one is the cause?
Are there some hallmarks?
>>
>>58133789
while that is true, it's still incredible what Wine can do/how far it's come
>>
>>58133770
>kek
scriptkidde
>You prove it
You brought up you boong.
You do it.
>>
>>58133831
You're a fucking idiot.
To every single underaged retard on /g/ who wants to use this Tiny7 bullshit keep this in mind: WES7 is a lot better, it's 100% official Microsoft product with no hidden telemetry, no activation and a nice installer which lets you install only the parts of OS you need/want.
Tiny7 and all other shitty abominations are made by pajeets to steal your data. Avoid it at all costs.
>>
File: HP_ElitePad_900_35474319_02.jpg (50KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
HP_ElitePad_900_35474319_02.jpg
50KB, 770x433px
HP elitepad in great condition with its dock for 175$.
Does it worth buying it?
>>
>>58133780
In theory you should be safe as long as you avoid or uninstall couple of suspicious updates. https://gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9 this one seems to be a pretty good list of them.

But you have no way of knowing for sure that your system has no backdoors or data collection. Some might've been there since release and some could be bundled with other updates. Your only hope is to use some Linux or BSD and just blindly trust that the OSS community can spot malicious code suggestions.

>>58133821
PSU issues are usually more consistent: It'll shut down when X happens and you can reproduce the issue easily by repeating that. Mobo problems are often more random.

So if it shuts down every time you try to do something resource intensive I'd blame PSU. But if it sometimes works flawlessly and other times can't even handle light loads then mobo issues seem more likely.

But again, impossible to tell without replacing hardware and testing.
>>
>>58133864
>Windows
>no hidden telemetry
TOP KEK.
>WES7
Your that guy that keeps making /poz/ threads right?
>>
>>58133884
No, I'm not. But I have experience with this OS and I'm very satisfied running it on my home server.
>>
I accidentally deleted a video file off my Note 5?

Any relevant recovery software that actually works and is free (or cracked)?
>>
>>58133906
gentoo and gnu coreutils
>>
>>58133871
>It'll shut down when X happens
This might be related.
Whenever I used the PS/2 mouse, the OS (linux or windows) would freeze then shutdown.

I have switched to a USB mouse the shutdown still occurred but only when doing something intensive, like opening MS word and adobe reader and printing it.

If left alone it won't shutdown.

The PSU is powering the mobo/ case fan/ 2 optic drives/ HDD/ floppy disk.

Would removing some of those optic drives help?
Or does it only draw power when it's being used?
>>
>>58133899
WES7 is a meme OS.
It's like arch for MS.
>>
File: 1479297619900.gif (2MB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
1479297619900.gif
2MB, 300x262px
>>58133796
pls respond, I will post memes
>>
>>58133373
You can do that with any win7 upgrade disc. Bootstrapping has been a thing for a long time
>>
>>58133796
Chinkpad are easier.
The CPU isn't wielded.
>>
>>58133934
Elaborate.
>>
Anyone familiar with installing hybrid graphics drivers on debian or ubuntu? Don't really consider myself a dumb tech person, but ive tried just about everything to get my old alienware laptop with ati 6970m graphics working again on linux. Used to work back in the day, but almost every OS doesnt work for it anymore trying to use the gpu. Bios testing says the card is fine, so im lost on what the problem could be. Any ideas?
>>
>>58133957
>>58133934
typical.
>>
>>58133957
WES in general are for embedded systems.
Things like large stationary installations like traffic lights, factory controllers, and largely complex systems like hybrid vehicles, MRI, and avionics.
Where your resources are limited and not all of the features that are provided in normal Windows OS installation will be needed.
With many times little or no peripheral are needed, and for hardware that will have it's own propriety drivers.

I work at a hospital, for example, MRI machine is running Win7, and have there own software to control the machine, and even their own file explorer, there are no USB ports, only a propriety mouse port and optical drive that uses propriety cable.

Arch encourage the KISS philosophy while it's fine for embedded systems it's not suitable for desktops.
>>
File: Untitled.png (259KB, 359x731px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
259KB, 359x731px
Is a Intel Pentium G4400 (3.3 GHz, LGA1151, Dual-core) CPU good enough to watch sports streams at 1080p?

I'm putting together a PC for my father because his laptop lags, and it's not the connection because he tried with my brother's laptop in his house and it was smooth.

I've only built one pc before so I'm going by what's in logicalincrements . com
>>
i gotta practice doing circuits and basic electronics and shit, but i don't want to give money to chinks for components and tools.

what's a good sim that i can get for free or "free"?
i value simple and easy to use over having all the professionalf eatures.
>>
>>58134014
>buhuu wes7 is for different applications!
How does it make it unusable on consumer computers? Are you fucking dumb?
it's like crying over linux belonging to servers and routers, so it cannot be used on desktops.
WES7 takes about 2GiB of storage space after fresh install and only 200MiB of RAM after startup. Windows 7 takes ~20GiB (with hib and pagefile disabled, system restore disabled), it has telememetry, WAT (constant home-calling), it uses about 900MiB of RAM after startup and it sucks on battery power.
It's a good enough reason to install WES7, especially since it's modular and you can add/remove system-critical compotents on the go (like, for example remove GUI and then re-add it)
>>
>>58134046
>it's like crying over linux belonging to servers and routers
Linux DO belong to servers and routers.
Desktop linux was a mistake, from ubuntu to soulos are just a failed attempts in the direction of creating desktop linux.
>modular
No it isn't.
You're just removing features that intended to be used if you need them.
That's why you need another host to create the system image.
>>
>>58133927
Optical drives consume less than 5 watts when idle, which is roughly the same consumption as a spinning case fan. So you can try unplugging them and the floppy drive but you won't see much of an impact.

>Whenever I used the PS/2 mouse, the OS (linux or windows) would freeze then shutdown.
>I have switched to a USB mouse the shutdown still occurred but only when doing something intensive
Could be related: PS/2 is interrupt-based while USB uses polling.

>>58134015
Yes, it's fine for light use like that.
>>
>>58134046
also
>WES7 has extended support, so enjoy having actual updates via windows update
>is much more stable and reliable
>has all Win7 ultimate functionality, minus botnet part
>is safe, unlike pajeet-tier compilations
And if you're too dumb to go through the installation part, where you have to choose which system components you want then maybe you should stick with homOSeX or something, faggot?
>>
>>58134076
You dumb incompetent nigger.
http://reboot.pro/topic/16383-windows-embedded-standard-7-add-packages-on-a-live-image/
>You don't need to re-build the WES7 image from scratch.
You don't even have to build an image like a dumb cunt you are. Just just install it like normal Win7.
>>
what's a good repair program for getting rid of dead pixels/black spots on your monitor?
>>
>>58134079
>Could be related
So it's a mobo issue?
Even so saving 10 W should be a good things, since I have no why of telling how much does the PSU is actually generating.
>>
>>58134098
you cannot get rid of hardware faults with software.
>>
>>58134096
>buhuu too complicated to me, let's buy a mac!
>>
Is there a way to use Razer Synapse to pull a piece of text from a text file to paste it?
I wanna be a huge faggot that has "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" in a text file somewhere, and want Synapse to pull that from the text file without needing to set a macro of "ctrl-v" on it's own, while keeping the thing copied.
If it is possible, anyone able to help out?
>inb4 faggot for using razer
I'm a faggot for more than razer, dicks are great
>>
>>58134081
>>58134096
I'm arguing with a true boong.
Good day to you sir, you're wasting my time and wasting this thread.
>>
what's a recommended graphics card to get for supporting a dual monitor setup?
>>
File: 24440-16611-23485.jpg (31KB, 254x192px) Image search: [Google]
24440-16611-23485.jpg
31KB, 254x192px
Ohio Gee.

This is my stupid question:
Is Qubes OS a honeypot?

I'm not a robot, I promise.
>>
>>58134159
if regular use, mostly anything
if gayming, probably anything released in the past 2-3 years

I have 2, planning on 3, running on a GTX 750 Ti
>>
>>58134152
No payment for you this month, pajeet.
Get back to your lair.
>>
>>58134159
Suggestively, a card that has multiple ports for graphics cables (HDMI, DVI, VGA, etc)
>>
>>58134170
not really into games, working with sai/photoshop/toon boom and maya mostly.
>>
How do I block a single page with firefox?

http://www.example.com/stupidpage
>>
I accidentally deleted a video file off my Note 5?

Any relevant recovery software that actually works and is free (or cracked)?
>>
>>58134321
Nope.
Unless you have root access and install photorec but by then you'd probably removed any methods of restoring it.
And since Android is using MDP you can't just hook it up and use an external PC, not with the current kernel you have.

You should have used a trash application.

You are better off with downloading the video again.
Unless if it was saved to SDcard then you may have a slim chance.
>>
Which programing language is good for a beginner like me?
>>
File: ummm.jpg (28KB, 190x275px) Image search: [Google]
ummm.jpg
28KB, 190x275px
How a cluster work?
>>
File: fuck.png (76KB, 1017x1101px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
76KB, 1017x1101px
I have been having problems with one of the svchost processes taking up 5+GB of ram that never seems to get released. Assuming this is a memory leak?

I'd start tweezing services but black viper is down and I don't want to fuck with things.
>>
>>58134398
open up resource monitor
>>
>>58134351
This.
>>
So computer rafeon is rather bad how to get back catalyst control center
>>
File: fuck2.jpg (221KB, 1920x1170px) Image search: [Google]
fuck2.jpg
221KB, 1920x1170px
>>58134424
Doesn't show me much of note other than specifying its svchost.exe (netsvcs). It was 5gb around 24 hours ago, haven't rebooted since.

If I do it usually is fine and then randomly takes a shit ton of ram again.
>>
I've got a chinkshit phone (Cubot H1) and the screen has stopped working properly. It boots fine, can press buttons and unlock the phone, change the volume etc. but the screen is perma-black. Tried reflashing the ROM but no change.

Anyone have some idea how to fix?
>>
What are those PC cases that allow you to eject the hard drive and put a new one in immediately?
>>
>>58131938
AVG and Malwarebytes
>>
>>58134439
>netsvcs
actually does say a lot.
Probably windows defender has a problem. Reboot.
>>
>>58134673
literally any case with 5,25" hard disk slots/racks/whatever you want to call em
>>
I have an old IDE HDD.
What would be the best way to re-purpose it?
Getting a rack? or use IDE to USB adapter?
>>
>>58134701
Windows defender is disabled (I have 3rd party AV).
services.msc lists the 3 entries as being manual and none of them are started.
>>
>>58134548
>but the screen is perma-black

Apparently a hardware problem. You most likely have to get a new screen... or a completely new phone.
>>
>>58134735
get a p2/p3 system, install win98/me/2k on it and use it to play old games.
>>
Will multi core Firefox not work with extensions like NoScript?
>>
>>58134351
What if I have usb debugging enabled and such? what if the video file is gigabytes in size? would it still be beyond recovery if I were to root and install photorec?
>>
>>58134749
I just rebooted it for like the 2-dozenth time and it works again.
>>
What to do with an old 4th gen iPod Touch? I keep finding it when I'm cleaning every few months and wondering. It's got iOS 6.1 on it and it's jailbroken. I think this was the newest iOS it could have that you could also jailbreak. I don't think you can even put up to iOS 7 on it. Is there another OS I could put on it, or some way to forcefully put newer iOS on it maybe? I don't really want to lose functionality. Currently I can still get stuff off Cydia for example, and it's not exactly laggy.

Something like CyanogenMod for iOS would be sweet. I'd just like to have a reason to use this thing again. It's from before phones all got huge, so it's kind of cute and small.
>>
>>58132106
Spying is not really right for any reason. Rather than doing awful things in order to prevent crime, just let it happen and punish the criminals later. You can't prevent all wrongdoing, and attempting to just worsens the lives of the innocent as well.
>>
Do you have to 'Wipe Free Space' on a SSD to ensure that its completely deleted, or does it work differently than traditional hard drives?
>>
>>58132649
How are you trying to update it? OTA? You should still have your custom recovery. Just download the latest CyanogenMod zip for your device and flash it from recovery.
>>
>>58132665
vim
>>
>>58134673
>eject the hard drive and put a new one in immediately
that's referred to as hot-swapping
>>
>>58133134
>Does your modem lose connection too or just your computer? Does this happen all the time or only when you download stuff or play games?

Just the computer maybe? How do I know if it's both, also happens at any time no matter what's happening.
>>
>>58133906
testdisk. run it off gnu/linux with the phone mounted on your computer
>>
>>58134898
Thank you
>>
>>58134786
I salvaged it from P4 running WinXP.
I was thinking of using it as external HDD.
But can't decide between IDE2USB adapter or a rack.
>>
>>58134735
>>58134934
the IDE to USB thing sounds like a pretty neat idea
>>
>>58134814
Where did you hear about "multi core Firefox"? I use Firefox Nightly 64bit and NoScript works fine. I hope this helps answer your question.
>>
>>58134837
>usb debugging enabled and such
Doesn't matter.
>what if the video file is gigabytes in size?
Then it would get corrupted.
>would it still be beyond recovery if I were to root and install photorec?
Yes.
Doing that would wipe your whole device.

The other expensive option.
Tear down the whole device, locate the storage media, connect it to PC, and hope it isn't encrypted.

The moment something is deleted from a device you should stop any further writing if you want to retrieve anything from it.

For example if you're using the Note 5 to read this post, then my post have removed any chance of recovering it.
>>
>>58134949
My bad, I was misunderstanding "multi-process."
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/12/22/multi_process_firefox/

Your answer helps though, appreciate it
>>
>>58134971
That's a real bitch.

Photorec says it'll probably work with usb debugging & usb storage enabled. I'll give it a try and report back.

Personally, I make full backups every month but this is for a friend (who I haven't spoken to in like a year). Might as well try. Thanks anyway!
>>
>>58135033
>usb storage enabled
That's what I'm telling you.
Android no longer uses USB storage.
It mount the device as Portable media player, and uses MDP to transfer files.
>>
File: IMG-20161223-WA0002.jpg (615KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161223-WA0002.jpg
615KB, 3264x1836px
>robbery
>come home
>cops did came on time
>tv is pic related
Fixable for less than a new one or am i fucked?
>>
>>58135085
It's busted man
>>
>>58135085
Insufficient data
>>
>>58135085
It's dead dude. Technically you could replace the screen, but in reality, not really.
>>
I have port forwarding enabled on my router, but it isn't working: my service isn't remotely accessible.
I have triple-checked I have the right ports mapped, the right IP/machine selected, no firewall on the machine... What can I do to further debug this?
>>
File: 67351-618447-cropped-full.jpg (45KB, 695x486px) Image search: [Google]
67351-618447-cropped-full.jpg
45KB, 695x486px
Do i benefit from this $100 sata cable or is this the monster cable of the sata world
>>
>>58135198
That isn't a SATA cable
But a $5 SATA cable will work the same as a $100 SATA cable
>>
>>58135198
>is this the monster cable
The fuck are you getting at? Monster instrumental cables are solid as hell, they're designed to last long all my fiends replaced their cabling thrice before my cables failed and I wasn't gentle with them by any means
>>
>>58135053
Honest question, why the fuck would they remove something as useful as that?
>>
Can you underclock intel K cpus?
Like just entering a ratio lower than stock, like 25 to achieve 2.5GHz.
I need it for some low clock benchmarks.
>>
>>58135232
long explanation...
Earlier Android used to have /data partition for app data and /sdcard for movies, music and rest. what has done is used unified file system. So that you can share space between /sdcard and /data. USB mounts storage on host and gives entire block level access to the host. If this is done the partition is unmounted from your phone. It was fine when /sdcard was separate now since both /data and /sdcard reside on same partition Android can't afford to allow full block access to another host. This is solved with MTP.

Another reason, Microsoft holds patents for long file name support on FAT filesystem. That's one patent for which they demand royalties from OEM's. If you use USB mount, you need to format your /sdcard as FAT because most users use windows. If you use FAT, you need to pay MS or risk a lawsuit. With MTP, Google can use ext3/4 btrfs whatever they please and there is no risk of lawsuit
>>
>>58135255
yes
>>
File: 1478497580887.png (47KB, 284x237px) Image search: [Google]
1478497580887.png
47KB, 284x237px
I am moving and losing my 300/30 speed internet and going down to a 50/5 internet from a shittier provider.

My question is that if I buy 2 lines and combine them, can I get 100/10 speed?

I am not sure how this works, some people bring up load balancing routers but they don't seem to actually double the speed.

So I am confused, I just want somewhat decent internet over this trash.
>>
>>58134866
literally nothing
enjoy your walled garden nigger
>>
Hey,what is some good GPU benchmark i can run to check how my Rx 480 compares to others?

Im just curious because the airflow in my case must be shit,i want to know if it's affecting performance much
>>
What does 2x8 gb ram mean? A single stick of 16 gb ram, or two 8gb ram sticks?
>>
>>58135647
what do you think?
>>
>>58135657
I don't know, that's why I posted in stupid question general.
>>
>>58135647
8 sticks of 2 GB
>>
>>58135208
Oh what the hell is sas cable then? Is thia price actually justified?

>>58135228
They sell aux with fake promises, are known to be over priced for the same quality and your anecdote doesnt prove shit
>>
>>58135558
In general, no.
There are different ways to do this, but no ISPs support any of them for end customers, because a) it's too complex and b) it messes with their schemes of overselling the bandwidth.
>>
>>58134439
Get ProcessExplorer and see what it is.
>>
File: intel botnet.png (41KB, 613x204px) Image search: [Google]
intel botnet.png
41KB, 613x204px
Popped up a few days ago, no KB article, google gave me next to nothing.

What is this?
>>
>>58135684
SAS is for enterprise hardware
>>
>>58135685
Yeah I figured as much, I saw I could buy some $2400 router and pay a fee that claims to do it, and I also saw there were some VPN services that could connect the two, but I don't really see how that would work very well at all.

Oh well, I still need 2 lines anyways for my family and myself, just disappointing since I upload content.
>>
>>58135690
that's INF files update for intel chipsets, you've already had this botnet before in the first place, so nothing new here.
>>
>>58135699
>>58135558
just get a seedbox for all your PTs fag
>>
File: 1481846548971.jpg (108KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481846548971.jpg
108KB, 540x720px
>>58135705

Cheers.
>>
>>58134882
I'll rephrase since there were no answers to this. If you delete a file from an SSD hard drive, does it get permanently deleted or can it be restored like traditional hard drives?
>>
>>58132027
>>58134899

Please Respond
>>
>>58134858
>it doesn't work, BUT WHY?
>now it works, BUT WHY?

The wonders of technology.
>>
in the following:
class user extends General {
public $id;
public $name;

public function __construct($uid, $uname) {
$this->id = $uid;
$this->name = $uname;
}

public static function valid_username($uname = $this->name) { // change it when you git gud
return preg_match('/^[a-zA-Z0-9]{3,10}$/', $uname);
}

public function save() {
parent::save('../db/users.json');
}
}

the "valid_username" method seems to trigger some kind of error.
Why is that?
>>
should I care about BGP? why would I need to know it?
>>
>>58135830
I didn't know PHP could have object fields as default parameters for class methods.
>>
>>58131962
pick up a usb to ps2 adapter
>>
can someone with an rx480 or any other amd card tell me what's the newest driver packaging version in amd settings?
>>
>>58135134
>>58135137
>>58135140
Fuck. Thank you for the answers
>>
I'm currently looking into getting a WiFi-USB dongle.

Is there anything to look out for/be aware of?
>>
>>58136017
Youre internets speed and router quality. If like me your Internet is shit then get a cheap $10 usb thing meant for laptops. I have one in yhe back of my computer and it works like a charm. Some tp-link one.

Wow tp link actually make all my networking stuff
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (60KB, 473x116px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
60KB, 473x116px
THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT I DONT WANT TO SEE IT HOW CAN I REMOVE IT ITS EVERYWHERE
>>
>>58135866
why is that not allowed even, how retarded lol.
thanks for the help, as well as the dubs.
>>
>>58136086
Be logged in and have the channel blocked
>>
How can I harass an internet company to expand their service out to my house in a rural area? It's seriously like a few miles for them to dig and lay lines.
>>
>>58136095
It's not allowed because it makes no sense. The method is static so there cannot possibly be a reference to $this.
>>
>>58136086
join google botnet, block this crap, get another crap instead

such is life
>>
>>58136084
Thanks for your reply.
The question was rather meant in the direction of "Are there any known pitfalls?".

I know the different standards, but the sticks I see on Amazon are way too cheap to give their makers any significant profit. That makes me wary.
>>
>>58131938
They just released the new version of cs. Check out cs17av.org to download
>>
>>58136148
How cheap? I have the smallest thing possibleand it was fairly cheap.
China omly needs small profit, may i remind you that you can get free shipped cables for 99cents, theres a cent profit but theyre desperate
>>
>>58136017
TL-WN822N is arguably the best one out here, if you don't mind the size
>>
>>58136148
>Are there any known pitfalls?
Real speed that you get is the pitfall. Another one is crappy drivers, but most are ok nowadays. Don't look at the smallest ones if you want the speed.
>>
>>58136184
>Another one is crappy drivers

...should I read that as "usually do not work with GNU/Linux"?
>>
>>58136197
if you want linux, check the supported chipsets list and find out which chipset is your dongle has. Anything from atheros will work out of the box, for example. Generally, most wifi dongles will also work fine, with varying degree of supported features (hw encryption offload etc) and binary blobs.
>>
What would be best option to run android applications on a desktop?
>>
Hello, I have a question and hope to find an answer here.

I wonder how it is that when I shift + delete (permanently delete under normal circumstances) a Malwarebytes folder (the program been uninstalled for a while now, just ran into this folder whilst searching for another) in C:\ProgramData, I got no alert or notification at all asking me if I "really wanted to delete this folder permanently".

Normally it always does this, and it did for the folder I deleted straight afterwards but the Malwarebytes one was just gone clicking delete, no alert, no notification, nothing.

The folder had something inside, didn't check exactly what however.

Looking forward to receiving an answer.
>>
>>58135638
bump
>>
>>58136411
Bump for dubs
>>
Is synaptic touch drivers os related, I had ubuntu on my Latitude and it came with synaptics, now that I've installed Win8.1 I can't seem to find synaptics for it on dell website, will it work if I just get the package from synaptic site and install it? or will it mess up my system?
>>
>>58136529
>synaptic touch drivers os related
Yes.
Try installing the mobo chipset first and see how it goes.
>>
Imagine you were generally willing to pay for a service I provide on my website. How big of an impact would the quality of the website and it's appearance have on your decision? Basically, if all that should matter to you is the service (in this case I am providing data), will the appearance of the website still put you off from paying and using that service? Assume the website looks somewhat trustworthy.
>>
Can any laptop with thunderbolt 3 be charged with it like the MacBook 2016?
>>
>>58136572
Not for me but most people like when a website looks pretty good. People assume that a non fancy website is shady. You make it good-looking and practical.
>>
How do i remove soundcloud ads in android ?
>>
File: whoshere.jpg (23KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
whoshere.jpg
23KB, 360x240px
Is there any way to update to W10 for free? Or cheap? Not willing to pay up to 100€ for that shit.
>>
>>58136184
150mb/s tops is still faster than most places
>>58136643
Travel to july. Why didnt you upgrade?
>>
>>58136643
you can find w10 pro in website like kinguin etc, but the best thing to do is to install win10 pro and activate it thru kms pico
>>
>>58136411
pls respond I have to work soon
>>
>>58136665
Nice almost quads.
I couldnt because need the Pc for work. Now I can upgrade it.
>>
>>58136643
Buy it, you wouldn't download a car
>>
>>58136617
The website does not exist yet, so I am trying to figure out if I should try and develop it myself or invest money and hire a professional. I believe I could make a website that looks halfway decent, but I'm wondering if that's good enough. I need paying customers, I don't plan or expect to earn money off ad revenue.
>>
File: font.png (12KB, 276x124px)
font.png
12KB, 276x124px
What font is this?
>>
>>58136673
So if I get it from kinguin or G2A im gonna get simply a code? Are those legit? Theyre selling W10 professional for 25e.
>>
>>58136682
Couls reserved. There was an exploit for the disabled people version of windows, do a search for that. Or theres always kystools or whatever its called
>>
>>58136719
Could be Goudy Old Style
>>
>>58136565
I don't get what you mean by mobo chipset, also thx for replying
>>
>>58136781
It seems to be so. Thank you.
>>
>>58136784
Drivers.
Motherboard chipset drivers.
Most of the time the motherboard doesn't recognize the touchpad.
>>
>>58136437
>bump
>>
>what.cd still kill
Where do I go now? Public or private, I need better than goddamn Jewtube rips.
>>
I have port forwarding enabled on my router, but it isn't working: my service isn't remotely accessible.
I have triple-checked I have the right ports mapped, the right IP/machine selected, no firewall on the machine... What can I do to further debug this?
>>
>>58136817
Apollo and PTH are stepping up to take it's place
>>>/g/ptg
>>
>>58136810
I have everything installed already that was default, I was wondering if i could get synaptics functionality back because it doesn't show up in mouse settings
>>
Why isn't Steam connecting to the internet?

I have problems with the Steam website as well
>>
>>58136962
https://www.google.com/search?q=is+steam+down
>>
File: steam.png (20KB, 826x320px) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
20KB, 826x320px
Alright, this is very likely the most retarded question in the entire thread.

Steam is currently down, and I'm not currently logged into the client.

How do I get into offline mode from here?
>>
>>58136988
You don't
Yay DRM
>>
>>58136997
So let me get this straight:

You need to be online and connected to Steam in order to go into offline mode?
>>
File: steamoffline.png (7KB, 360x308px) Image search: [Google]
steamoffline.png
7KB, 360x308px
>>58137012
you have to be online at least once, then you get asked this.
>>
>>58137012
Yes
>>
>>58137027
What do you mean by 'at least once'? I've been logged in for the past fortnight at least, and I didn't manually log out.

I'm only getting this message though >>58136988
>>
>>58137012
Try closing the steam process and opening it again. If you have automatic login enabled it should pop straight into retry/offline/quit menu.

You can also try manually lauching the games by finding the correct .exe file and starting it. It only works for games that don't use Steam DRM or require its online features.
>>
>>58135255
Yes, you can underclock a K-series CPU
>>
>>58135647
"2x8GB" refers to 2 sticks of 8GB RAM
if it were a single stick, it'd typically be referred to as "1x16GB" or just "16GB"
alternatively, 8x2GB refers to 8 sticks of 2GB
>>
>>58136873
What port is it?
Is the service listening to localhost only or any ip?
Does your ISP block ports like 80/21?
>>
>>58137091
>What port is it?
Ports for a number of different services. 8080, 50001, 51413, ...
>Is the service listening to localhost only or any ip?
Any IP.
>Does your ISP block ports like 80/21?
idk, but not relevant for my case.

Trying to forward to my phone doesn't work either, so it's likely a router issue instead of a local machine one.
>>
>>58137125
remove the router and try directly, if it works then you know it's the router.
>>
>>58135638
>for temps
youtube or some shit
>rough performance
I check gpu.userbenchmark.com which is good enough for a general idea
>>
>>58135638
>>58137146
>how my Rx 480 compares to others
oops, didn't see that bit; again, for a general idea, game-debate.com has a thing for comparing certain brands against others
>>
Does Linux support touchscreens? I don't want to lose that functionality on my laptop.
>>
>>58131782
>>58133048
>>58133134
i'd marry desu
look at those feminine hips

hng
>>
>>58137163
no i didn't mean to compare it to other RX 480s in that sense,i want to know how if it works at the level it is expected to work at.

To see if i can get as good a score at a benchmark as it's expected to get with a Nitro+ OC.

Just curious cause the airflow in my case must be terrible.
Ill check that gpu.userbenchmark.com place out when i get home
>>
Is there any way to get vim to permanently display the buffer list in a window without a plugin? I'm editing a lot of files and it'd be nice to be able to quickly swap around between open documents without consulting :ls constantly.

Nothing against plugins, just seems like there'd be functionality for that in vim itself somewhere. If not I'll just get a plugin.
>>
File: 1479565296029.jpg (204KB, 760x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479565296029.jpg
204KB, 760x1024px
How can i give high priority for bandwith (any packets) to a network interface (eth0) using the tc (traffic control) command ?
>>
Are the prices on GOG and Origin in Australian dollars for Australians, or is it like Steam where it's USD?
>>
>>58132898
bumping
>>
i bought an rx 460
i dont play a lot of games
but whAT IF I WANNA
>>
>>58137398
what's your question?
>>
File: 1479579489294.jpg (242KB, 2048x1896px) Image search: [Google]
1479579489294.jpg
242KB, 2048x1896px
>>58137412
>>
File: 1465333118019.jpg (194KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465333118019.jpg
194KB, 640x640px
>>58131782
What is the best way to make a hotkey combination for Windows 10 volume control? I just want to be able to turn the volume up and down with a combination of Winkey/Alt + PgDown/PgUp

I've used Autohotkey in the past, but surely there is an elegant solution to this
>>
>>58137264
>>gog
>All our prices are in USD, and - where applicable - in AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EUR, GBP, NOK, PLN, RUB, SEK, as well. You can freely switch from your local currency to USD, and (in some European countries) EUR, if you prefer. To switch your currency setting, look for a drop-down menu on the bottom-right of the site, or in your account's settings.

>>origin
>If you are in Australia, it will be in AUD. [...] If you look at the address bar when you're at the checkout it should list your currency as a fragment of the URL. I know is far from ideal, but I hope it's at least somewhat helpful.
>>
>>58137398
Then you'll have to toss that 460 in a bin and buy a proper graphics card to replace it.

Should've bought a i5 and used its integrated GPU instead.

>>58137191
Varies. You'll need a DE that supports touch screens, and even then you'll probably run into some issues with it. Try ubuntu, it should have better touchscreen support than any other distro.
>>
>>58137584
Why i5? The i3 has thesame apu. Also the 460 is better than hd530 graphic
>>
>>58135265
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense I suppose.

>>58135053
>>58135033
>>58134971
>>58134837
>>58134351
>>58134321
I'm the guy with the problem reporting back. Tried photorec and iCare both of which did not work. The rest are just useless garbage, although some say DeepDigger or something is a viable option (for $3).

I'm testing this on my own phone (Note 4) for the sake of it. It's rooted. How would having root privileges change things? Is it just to enable proper USB mounting?
>>
I'm looking into upgrading my laptop's OS SSD. I went through the wiki page (https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Storage_devices#Solid_State_Drive)
From what I understand, it's a question of picking an SSD that has the same connector as my current one (mSATA), a decent flash memory type and comes from a model series that have received good reviews. Then I need to buy an SSD enclosure and clone the OS SSD into the new one.

Is this correct or am I missing anything?
Currently I'm looking at getting the Samsung 850 EVO mSATA 500GB SSD for my current 128 Gb SSD.
>>
Can anyone help me?

utorrent doesn't download anything, whereas other programs like qbittorrent have no problem. The former is stuck at "connecting to peers" and, and only sometimes, reinstalling it temporarily fixes the fuck.
>>
>>58137742
stop using it???
>>
>>58137772
Why so? The pro edition (torrented, kek) is quite nifty.
>>
File: 1389663648943.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1389663648943.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
Prove me wrong that Gimp is better than Photoshop
>>
>>58136643
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
>>
when i open a bracket - {
on some places it posts both - {}
then i have to delete the end bit because it doesn't fucking belong

is there any setting i can tweak to stop this or is that dependent on the software i'm writing in
(win 7, doesn't do it for 4chan posting or notepads, etc)
>>
>>58137957
look for brace completion/auto close in your text editors.
>>
>>58137928
What encompasses assistive tech? Like just using text to speech? I wonder if it works for pico activated versions
>>
File: speccy stats.png (82KB, 691x757px) Image search: [Google]
speccy stats.png
82KB, 691x757px
Had a PC built/put together today, pic related. The "Unknown" RAM is
> G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz
The GTX-1080 shows up as 4gig, but shows as 8GB in GPU z
The HDD/SSD came from my old rig. (As did the 1080, but that's less relevant).

I expected the new motherboard to need a clean install of windows/ubuntu because I read something about that on the internet, but I didn't. Good, no need to restore backups etc. afterwards, no need to install windows/ubuntu again.

ISSUE/QUESTION
I had to install a new ethernet driver. What other drivers do I need to install/remove/reinstall? And why does the RAM show up as @1069 MHz when it should be 3000 MHz (and in the bios/uefi it said 2200 MHz iirc). Finally, it recognizes my mouse/keyboard, but I mouse scroll doesn't work, and the speed settings are all fucked up (Even turning windows speed and mouse settings up to max, it's slower than it used to be). What do

Thanks, a retards
>>
friend needs to connect his phone to my machine via usb to get some files. how can i keep my shit safe from dodgy normie phones?
>>
I've got a problem.
When I try to use $message->save(), it makes it so it's using "users.json" instead of "message.json".
What makes this happen?

// general.php
class General {
// ...
public function save($destination) { // json based save
if (!file_exists('../db')) {
mkdir ('../db', 0777);
}
if (file_exists($destination)) {
$f = fopen($destination, 'rw+');
$data = (array)json_decode(fread($f, filesize($destination)));
} else {
$f = fopen($destination, 'w');
$data = array();
}
$data[] = get_object_vars($this);
fwrite($f, json_encode($data));
fclose($f);
}

// user.php
class user extends General {
// ...
public function save($destination = null) {
parent::save('../db/users.json');
}

// message.php
class message extends General {
// ...
public function save($destination = null) {
parent::save('../db/messages.json');
}

help pls.
>>
File: Capture.png (58KB, 596x661px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
58KB, 596x661px
>>58137983
presumably anything in pic related. I don't think you actually have to use it though, it's just a way to still get the """free""" upgrade
>>
File: 1477065452685.jpg (40KB, 960x674px) Image search: [Google]
1477065452685.jpg
40KB, 960x674px
>>58134888
Do I have to do a factory reset?
When I try to update I get "no md5 file found" in the recovery. It could be that my TWRP isn't updated?
>>
>>58138150
I tried reproducing what you are doing.
Works fine here.

$user = new user();
$message = new message();

$user->save();
$message->save();

first users.json gets saved, then messages.json.
try stepping through your calls with your debugger.
>>
File: numbers.png (17KB, 637x143px) Image search: [Google]
numbers.png
17KB, 637x143px
I need a font like this (Georgia) for page numbers, but with a small difference.
All the same (small 012, raised 68) but where number one looks like an uppercase i. Which one could I use?
>>
>>58138276
that's what makes this so weird.
there's literally not enough code to debug.
it just assumes that $destination == '../db/users.json' for some whatever reason.
>>
>>58138358
can you post your calls to save()?
>>
On Windows, how can I run an executable from a batch file as if it was being run in a directory other than the current directory that the batch file is being ran from?

To try to be more clear, let's say I'm in cmd and my current directory is D:\A. I have an executable file in D:\B. There's a D:\B\files folder that has stuff the executable needs to operate on. If I try to call the executable from D:\A, it looks for a D:\A\files folder which doesn't exist, so I need a way to call the executable while my current directory is D:\A but have it behave as if my current directory were D:\B.
>>
>>58138481
you need to CD into D:\B first.
there is no other way.
>>
>>58138481
If you're doing a batch file your best bet would be pushd/popd, unless you can actually tinker with the executable's source
>>
today I booted my PC normally and i was greeted by the message
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER
I tried making sure if the SATA cables are properly connected but still gives the message unless if i insert a bootable USB.
What do ?
>>
Check em https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-thinkpad-t430-laptop
>>
>>58138572
Get files off your hard drive using the live USB, then replace your old hard drive with new hdd with clean windows installation
>>
Is this worth it if I could talk him down to 300 or less for everything including the Quadros?
>>
Is there a Black Edition of Windows 10 with all the bullshit stripped out yet?
>>
>>58137256
bump

I found this but it doesn't seem to work fully.

tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle 1: root htb default 11
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 20mbit prio 1
>>
>>58138618
using the liveUSB i dont get to see my HDD
>>
File: 00000_2mCWfQcgrSy_600x450.jpg (17KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
00000_2mCWfQcgrSy_600x450.jpg
17KB, 600x401px
>>58138640

fuck, forgot link sorry

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/sys/5920476607.html
>>
Are there smartphones which screens are irreplaceable?
>>
File: IMAG0090.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0090.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
>>58139327
Okay there aren't but sometimes you need a fucking lot of force.
>>
Is there a good GUI-based image viewer for Guhnoo/Loonix other than Viewnoir and geeqie? I never liked Viewnoir and geeqie is chit.

Not wizardly enough to use feh.
>>
>>58139641
ristretto
>>
>>58131782
I started getting random white flashing lines on my screen when playing games. Is it just the DVI-D cable getting EMI? Or could my card be kil. I updated the drivers.
>>
>>58135808
Check your router and see if the connection light is a different colour or not on. Also, have a device on WiFi at same time and when it goes down check the connection on there as well.
>>
What are the recommended steps for making Win10 less shitty? ClassicShell, etc?
>>
Just recently 4chan has been running real slow when changing boards and opening threads. Does anyone know how to fix this?
>>
WHy do modern operating systems still use pagefiling? The amount of memory that is likely to be paged in a modern environment is so massive that systems just grind to a halt when it happens.
>>
How would I use command-line parameters with a VM managed by virt-manager?
>>
How much would you pay for a single stick of 8 GB DDR4 Ram clocked at 2133 ?
>>
>>58140087
alternative? just crash?
>>
>>58140205
$20
>>
>>58137678
Anyone?
>>
>>58140257
fucking hell it's about 50 euro here,fml
>>
Can a Gtx 970 perform well in 1080p@144hz?
>>
File: Capybara_portrait.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Capybara_portrait.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
I bought a fairly shit laptop recently because I thought I'd be able to watch shit in bed. Unfortunately, it keeps stuttering whenever I try to watch netflix or twitch streams on it.

Lowering quality seems to help for twitch but not netflix. When I checked the task manager, it showed my cpu at 100% while watching shit.

Is there a lighter browser than FF or Chrome that isn't complete shit with no compatibility?
>>
File: fedora25vm2.png (20KB, 739x440px) Image search: [Google]
fedora25vm2.png
20KB, 739x440px
>>58131782
Having trouble installing Fedora 25 on a VM.

Pic related, what happens when I first attempt to install the OS. Can provide more info as well.

If I knew what the error was called I would Google it, but alas.
>>
>>58140326
browser won't help here, your CPU is trying to decode the video and fails at it.
I'm wondering though what laptop you got that hasn't got a gpu with a h264 encoder?
mind sharing the specs?
>>
>>58140355
decoder, obviously.
>>
>>58140065
>how to fix
Fire gook.
>>
>>58140087
Dont use a pagefile?
Thats so early 2000's
>>
>>58140355
AMD A6-6310 Accelerated Quad-Core Processor with AMD Radeon ™ Graphics R4
>>
>>58140352
Does it just hang at that point? It doesn't boot at all?
>>
>>58140398
no decoder on this thing, so CPU has to do all the work and can't keep up.
you might want to return it if you bought it to watch videos.
>>
Okay, so I got ncmpcpp working, how do I make it look dope like this guy :
http://dotshare.it/dots/995/
I copied his .ncmpcpp but it still looks like pic realated
>>
>>58140404
It continues with checks but fails a few. The most bizarre thing is while it doesn't boot to the login screen, the errors aren't the same. Additionally one time it DID boot to a login screen. All this while not changing any settings.

I'm running it again now, again not changing any settings, got the same "CPU" error as my original post, but getting fewer errors.

The lack of consistency is maddening
>>
>>58140416
Great
Bought it on craigslist so I'm fucked I guess.

Oh well
>>
>>58140479
You could try running a light Linux distro, if you just plan to watch videos with it. That should lighten the load on the CPU a bit.
>>
File: fedora25vm3.png (24KB, 740x444px) Image search: [Google]
fedora25vm3.png
24KB, 740x444px
>>58140404
>>58140461

It hangs here, in the VM I can Alt+Tab from this screen to another that just has 3 small white rectangles over a bluish gray background.
>>
I have speakers in the ceiling of my house, They all come to a closet.

In order to hook that up to play music from a phone, all I would need is a cheap amplifier and a bluetooth receiver, right?

Such as
https://smile.amazon.com/ONEU-amplifier-Stereo-Booster-Supply/dp/B019MBUX40/
and
https://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Bluetooth-4-0-Audio-Receiver/dp/B00I59VBH4
>>
guys sorry for newfagging but what's nonoko?
>>
>>58131782
would $600 be a decent price for a Lenovo w520 with a quadro 2000 nvidia gpu?
>>
>>58140597
Disable rtkit.
>>
>>58131782
got an old ast laptop and its throwing
>error in CONFIG.SYS line 8
on boot up
wont go past
what do /g/, cant find much on google
>>
File: fedora25vm4.png (38KB, 808x655px) Image search: [Google]
fedora25vm4.png
38KB, 808x655px
>>58140741
Thanks for the feedback. 2 problems; 1. I don't have any input options and 2. what will this do, isn't rtkit important for something?

Pic related, what it's currently hanging on now. I feel like I'm configuring it incorrectly but according to guides I've been following I haven't deviated from the instructions so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>>58140992
Could be a bad ISO. Did you validate the checksum?
>>
>>58141078
Not yet. I have the Fedora site up with the correct checksum but admittedly I don't know how to check the ISO I downloaded's checksum. (https://getfedora.org/en/static/checksums/Fedora-Workstation-25-1.3-x86_64-CHECKSUM)
>>
>>58141101
run
sha256sum (file.iso)
in terminal and compare that string to the one on the site
>>
>>58141147
I can't access the terminal; the OS hasn't booted yet. I thought you possibly meant on the host computer and cmd & PowerShell don't accept the command.

Additionally I re-downloaded the ISO thinking the first one was bad (like you suggest) and am getting the same problems.
>>
>>58141212
Guide for Windows.
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Burning_ISO_images_to_disc/sect-Burning_ISO_images_to_disc-Validating_the_Files-Validating_at_the_Windows_Command_Prompt.html
>>
>>58141212
sorry if you've tried this already, but did you try skipping the stage in the bootup process by pushing ctrl+c?
>>
>>58140576
Actually it looks like updating the graphics drivers helped a lot. From 100% cpu and stuttering watching streams at source quality with no chat to 50% on source with chat enabled. No stuttering.
>>
>>58133670
Is that a gigabyte
>>
File: sicp.jpg (120KB, 825x713px) Image search: [Google]
sicp.jpg
120KB, 825x713px
asking this here because everyone ignores me on /dpt/

I have a source code for a C library in "myproject/lib/mylib"
How should I write a Makefile to compile this library and then link it to my project?
SRCDIR = src
INCDIR = include
LIBDIR = lib
BLDDIR = build
TARGET = bin/myshit

SRCEXT = c
INC = -I$(INCDIR)
SRC = $(shell find $(SRCDIR) -type f -name *.$(SRCEXT))
OBJ = $(patsubst $(SRCDIR)/%,$(BLDDIR)/%,$(SRC:.$(SRCEXT)=.o))
LIB = -lsqlite3

CC = gcc
CFLAGS = -std=gnu11

$(TARGET): $(OBJ)
$(CC) $^ -o $(TARGET) $(LIB)

$(BLDDIR)/%.o: $(SRCDIR)/%.$(SRCEXT)
mkdir -p $(BLDDIR)
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INC) -c -o $@ $<

clean:
rm -rf $(BLDDIR) $(TARGET)

.PHONY: clean
>>
File: fedora25vm5shachecksum.png (20KB, 979x169px) Image search: [Google]
fedora25vm5shachecksum.png
20KB, 979x169px
>>58141236
Thanks, I came up with pic related. The checksum is the same so the ISO must be fine?

>>58141252
Thanks, I haven't tried that yet. I gave it a go an didn't know what to do from the "boot" interface.
>>
>>58141755
i don't understand what you mean. did you push ctrl+c when the process was hanging? if so it should have skipped the hanging part & continued to boot. does the cpu usage or disk usage stop or slow down when it hangs too? you may wish to try the netinst though if nothing else works, or use virtualbox insead.
>>
File: fedora25vm6.png (3KB, 725x265px) Image search: [Google]
fedora25vm6.png
3KB, 725x265px
>>58141820
The initial screen where it prompts to start Fedora, test media and start, or Troubleshooting. I press ctrl + c and get pic related.

I haven't monitored resource usage but will from here on. VirtualBox over VMWare? I use the latter because its free from my university.
>>
>>58141905
are we even discussing the same issue?
i mean on this post you say it hangs here: >>58140597
so what i say to do is push ctrl+c when this happens, and it should skip the stage? or have i misunderstood the point?
if nothing else works you may wish to try virtualbox, nothing to lose.
>>
File: fedora25vm7.png (37KB, 808x639px) Image search: [Google]
fedora25vm7.png
37KB, 808x639px
>>58141940
It seems we weren't but I understand more clearly what you mean now. I tried ctrl + c during pic related and no response.

I suppose I'll give VirtualBox a go its free after all.
>>
I was going to fall for the 16 GiB meme during the Box Day sales. 2x8 GiB modules at 1600 MHz CL11 should be good enough, right?
>>
best tvs under $300?
>>
>>58137090
So that means if I order 2x8gb from Newegg or Amazon it'll give me two sticks of 8gb?
>>
>>58141940
>>58141977
Installed VirtualBox, running the same ISO like a fucking charm. I don't get it, why does VirtualBox work and VMWare Workstation 11 not? Are they not performing the same task?
>>
Why dont SD, USB and MicroSD cards have SMART?
What stops them?
>>
supremely stupid question that my google fu can't answer, is it possible to boot an entire disk as a VM?
ie, if I were to install Linux on a separate drive from my current Windows install, would it be possible to somehow run the Windows drive as a VM without converting it to an image?
>>
>>58143116
>>58143116
>>58143116
>>
File: baby.png (336KB, 800x687px) Image search: [Google]
baby.png
336KB, 800x687px
Best bluetooth mice?
My laptop has limited USB ports so I think using a bluetooth mice will save me one.
Logitech MX Master seems to be the best after strolling through the internet. THoughts?
>>
Why i can type apt install instead the full xommamd on my debian?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (94KB, 908x1132px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
94KB, 908x1132px
My poorfag friend asked me to build him a computer and I was thinking of getting this thing

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Flathead-Creek-Crb-Desktop-Computer-Intel-PC-i5-4670S-3-1GHz-6GB-DDR3-2x1TB-SATA-/112241772426?hash=item1a2221878a:g:4B8AAOSwo4pYLuZ4#viTabs_0

The budget is around 250 eurobucks so I was looking at all kinds of Dell and HP machines but they all come in small cases with (probably) terrible power supplies.
This has a CX500 in what looks to be a mid tower so he should be fine to add at least a 1050Ti or something at a later date.

Good idea or not?
>>
In c++, if my class doesn't dynamically allocate member variables with "new", then would I need to define a destructor?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.