[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid question thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 45

File: 1440146382537.png (777KB, 2400x2360px) Image search: [Google]
1440146382537.png
777KB, 2400x2360px
previous thread :>>58081917

Post your stupid question here. Use a search engine before.

my question: (same as previous OP actually)

i just got help wtih someone via discord but we hit the point where it's likely a firmware/driver issue; basically how do i get arch to connect via wifi if both wifi-menu and networkmanager say that my nic has authentification and dhcpcd gave out a lease, the kernel driver/firmware is the right type, yet i can't ping shit, neither my router interface nor google dns? i even did syslog

i have an ip in ip addr, it's just odd.
>>
What is a good at least 120hz 1440p monitor that scales well to 1080p
>>
>>58094707
AOC/dell ultrasharp.
>>
what is a good mouse that isn't some gaymer shit? i have a razer deathadder and i regret it so much. it quickly broke such that the mouse wheel doesnt work and it often doubleclicks on single clicks.
>>
what should prevent me from buying a cheap motherboard?

i already have a functioning PC. the GPU stopped working after i mistakenly kicked the PC case several times. i tried other GPUs as well so it must be the motherboard.
>>
Where is the invoice number on a Microcenter receipt? Is it the Reference Number on the Rebate slip? or is the invoice number composed of numbers only?
>>
>>58094753
>Logitech M100 series.
There are a couple oldy but goodies in that series. >M100s, M110s
>>
>>58094825
Your processor, USB 3.0 headers, SSD connectivity; but mostly your processor. It's tough to find a cheap mobo that supports an LGA 1151 its easy to find cheap mobos for AM1's.
>>
File: 20161220_150846.jpg (141KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
20161220_150846.jpg
141KB, 800x450px
Well this happened to my monitor. How fucked am I? Is this an easy repair?

I checked with Acer and my monitor is still under warranty till 2018 but they don't repair monitors so I have no clue what the warranty is even for.
>>
I'm looking to upgrade my current SSD, which is an 840 EVO of 120 GB. I'm looking at either getting the 850 PRO or 950 PRO, at 500 GB. Which should I go with?
>>
>>58095321
HD has a price threshold that's much higher. If this is an external monitor replacing the screen shouldn't be too hard. The problem is Goodwill's everywhere have monitors of a variety of size and quality for $10.
>>
>>58095339
Doesn't matter Samsung honors their warranties.
>Inb4 Know nothing with some Samsung phone.
>>
>>58095357
You think the problem is only the screen? What if it's something inside as well that's messed up.
>>
I'm looking for a wireless keyboard that you can recharge via usb for my mom.

Anyone got any recommendations?

She likes the Logitech M510 mouse a lot but needs keyboard
>>
File: piperwut.jpg (36KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
piperwut.jpg
36KB, 594x334px
Are eGPUs efficient, or do they bottleneck heavily? How long before Current TB3 solutions are bottlenecking?

PCIe 3.0 x16 seems to have massively higher bandwidth than TB3 before even getting around to the overhead of making it work.

Has anyone compared performance between something like:
GTX 1080 over desktop native PCIe 3.0 x16 slot
vs.
Razer Core (for eg.) over TB3 for the same PC
>>
>>58095385
That's a break point you see where the cracks form an epicenter. The rest is unanticipated conduction and voltage.
>>
What is the easiest way to extract all the streams from an MKV into individual files?
>>
>>58095564
So how do I go about fixing this? I tried google but it's either nothing or people saying just buy a new monitor. If it's about $100 or less for a fix I'm fine with that.
>>
>>58095577
ffmpeg and -map
>>
File: Screenshot_24.png (39KB, 934x584px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_24.png
39KB, 934x584px
Why is all of my storage taken invisibly?
>>
>>58095509
I've got the k800 and it's pretty nice.
>>
>>58095784
check with windirstat
>>
Is anyone else having problems with TheBArchive? Their DNS no longer resolves, earlier I got a CF DDoS catch page but it just said the site was offline with a 522 error.
>>
Why is WordPress so fucking difficult to use? Am I missing something here? Its like someone has made a website purposely irritating and confusing
>>
>>58095868
weirdly enough it's made for the absolute braindead who still wants his own wesbite.
maybe you're just special.
>>
File: download.png (2KB, 327x154px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2KB, 327x154px
Whats the best app to browse reddit?
I don't really like the ux of the official app, currently I use baconreader but I'm wondering if there's anything better. What do you guys use?
>>
>>58095885
80% of WordPress users drop after like the first month

Its a fucking shit website. Something like Blogger is for simple blogging retards, WordPress is some awfully designed piece of shit
>>
i messed around with uxstyle patching shit to change the basic theme in windows 7 and now windows explorer doesn't function at all

i tried rebooting
i can't open windows explorer
i can't open control panel
searching with the windows key doesn't give results anymore
all programs unrelated to explorer.exe seem to run normally

what should I do to get everything back to normal?
my first thought would be system restore through a command prompt but i have no idea how to do that
>>
>>58094690
where can i download a legit copy of win7 or 8.1 , microsoft website asks me for some 12 digit key or something like that and im not paying for that shit
im looking for something that doesnt have a bunch of preinstalled shit that microsoft didnt put there
>>
What is ethernet and what specifications does it have?
How is it used other than in physical ethernet cables? Like how is it used to construct headers and stuff?
>>
>>58095600
I've run across the $40 number for most HD screens for phones and laptops. I have a single monitor sitting aside right now I'm getting ready to put a new screen in. Here's how I will do it:
>Locate part number or serial number.
>Use this part number to discover part number for screen replacement (some place like Tom's Hardware).
>Use discovered screen part number to order screen from China.
>Wait one month.
>Receive screen and attempt repair.
>>
Can someone post the QEMU/KVM GPU Passthrough image?
>>
>>58096439
Thanks, so it's pretty much just a screen replacement, nothing inside?
>>
>>58096169
Linux distro or quit whining. You have plenty of opportunity to turn off or uninstall the bloatware.
>Here's a better idea CODE YOUR OWN!
>>
>>58096458
The screen will typically have power connectors and boards behind the screen but screen repair normally only involves disassembling the frame, unplugging and unbolting the old screen and bolting in a new screen. It is always a good idea to wear the least static-y clothes you have when you do the install.
>Or do it nekid if you're not a sweaty person.
>>
>>58096511
If it's that fucking simple why the hell do most, if not all google results say "haha just buy a new monitor dude :)" or "it'll cost more than the monitor to repair it :))))"

What in the living fuck.
>>
Can someone give me a review of the new malwarebytes version?

A good amount of people are complaing about it.
>>
>>58096458
get one of those plastic screwdriver things as well, they sell them at autoparts stores, it keeps the plastic shell from getting messed up when you take it apart, quite handy.

aside from the screen breaking, the thing that fails on most TVs is capacitors so when you open it up check that none are browned/burnt/leaking looking.
>>
I wrongfully installed the Snow Leopard boot DVD on the HDD in an iMac (ca. 2009 CE). Can I use UBCD to wipe the Hard Disk? I can definitely boot Grub so my guess is yes. Hence the post in /sqt/.

>I am getting the restart and driver errors now.
>>
What should I learn after teaching myself basic HTML?

I'm slowly starting to get the hang of teaching myself programming.
>>
What's a good alternative to Windows Movie Maker that doesn't suck?
in b4 "anything"
>>
>>58096553
Because it's very easy to type on a keyboard and post to the internet. I doubt it would ever cost more than a <$100 monitor to fix it yourself (barring more problems than a simple screen).
All told though it is very hard to avoid breaking every single plastic clip in the frame.

I'd still look at your local Goodwills and bargain stores though. You may find the screen you're looking for there.
>United Statesian Assumed
>>
>>58096654
Shortcut.
>>
>>58096656
Yeah USA, I'm having troubles finding the right screen (I'm assuming that I need a special screen made specifically for my monitor). Would I be set just getting any TN LCD screen so long as it fits the size of the monitor?

Acer GN246HL monitor by the way.
>>
>>58096654
lightworks
>>
>>58096630
if you don't know: python
>>
>>58096721
I will someday attempt to match screens up just by size and connector but I only have one broken screen right now so it's more advantageous for my time to get the specific screen.
If you want to throw in a different one you're going to need to check voltages.
I can't find the post about checking capacitors but when it comes to those look at the X and the sides of the capacitor and see if it's swollen. Swollen doesn't mean dead but it does mean it's going. Burn marks on the PCB are also good to check for and missing semiconductors (little square ceramic bits soldered to the board).
>>
Hello,
will rooting my android allow me to move to SD these apps, which when I try to move them now, it just says, moving failed?

I've got Lenovo S60
>>
I usually only use windows defender as antivirus but now I'm installing a PC to be used by 10yo girl.
She's not too retarded, is it worth grabbing an actual antivirus?
>>
>>58095942
Funny thing is I have been paid, on multiple occasions, to test a WordPress website. Apparently the 80% needs to be remembered as potentially 80% of 100 million or even a billion or more people.
>People who can make money from their websites make it with content.
>>
>>58094690
I have looked into this somewhat but I want to know basically:

I have my torrent client on my computer connected to a VPN and my phone is also connected to that same VPN over LTE that controls my client remotely.

Can someone put 2 + 2 together and figure out my identity in this case?

Where I am tons of my friends have gotten piracy notices from their ISP and I have a business account I'd really rather not lose or something, piracy in general is specifically prohibited in the contract and I think getting caught means suspension.

TL;DR
>paranoid about being identified using VPN to remote control torrent client on phone connected to same VPN
>am i retarded?
>>
>>58096630
css or javascript if you want to continue with web development
python if you want to get familiar with actual programming
c++/java if you want to go balls deep development
>>
>>58095770
OK I looked up on it and it tells me to map for each stream based on the output of
ffmpeg -i input.mkv

What I want to know is is there any universal way to always just copy the audio or video stream without changing the format? Because I always have to specify an output file, which means I need to specify a file type. So if the output of that gives me something like

Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (Main), yuv420p, 476x360 [SAR 1:1 DAR 119:90], 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 1k tbn, 59.94 tbc (default)

it won't reencode it if I specify the output of the "map" command as "output.h264" right?
>>
>>58096933
Yes
>>
>>58096906
Nope stick with Windows Defender and tape over the webcam.
>>
File: 1481736388736.jpg (128KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481736388736.jpg
128KB, 720x960px
>trying to add on a VPN roommate set up
>No (windows built in) drop down on windows 10 machine
What do
>>
>>58096906
fancy anti virus only sells peace of mind, if you teach her basic operational safety and manually scan with free tools you'll be fine
>>
File: K-12projectors.jpg (42KB, 380x240px) Image search: [Google]
K-12projectors.jpg
42KB, 380x240px
>>58094690
This is probably retarded but is it possible to jerry-rig a laptop into acting as a projector? I want to project shit onto my wall.
My laptop is an Asus K501U if that helps any.
>>
>>58096721
>Acer GN246HL
That's a $250 monitor if you have the original packaging I'd raise hell until they get down to the brass tax of asking you how it was broken.
>Then the warranty process begins.
>>
>>58096979
hjkldgshuiorhdlsag
>>
File: 1468807503057.gif (485KB, 272x251px) Image search: [Google]
1468807503057.gif
485KB, 272x251px
>>58096989
>jerry rig
>>
>>58096989
Just get one on Amazon, you can get a decent one for like 100 bucks
>>
>>58096989
King Hobbyist enters room with a projector bulb and socket.
>Wires bulb and socket up to screen.
>Laptop catches fire and projects flickering shadows of flame onto the wall.
"It also doubles as a fireplace."
>>
Recommendations for a cheap router to be turned into a print server ?
>>
>>58097028
Netgears are the easiest to DD-WRT.
>>
>>58096955
>Yes
Yes I am retarded or Yes I can be identified?

pls come on we've already established I'm retarded
>>
>>58096933
>Find a friend to help you with verbal words and real actions.
>Stop posting to a message board from the IP you are so worried about doing a little file-sharing from.
>At least on the torrent sites you have traffic volume on your side. Here you've narrowed it all down to one post.
>>
>>58097066
if authorities really want your identity they can usually get it by subpoena-ing the vpn provider.
but authorities don't usually get involved in small time piracy things like that.
And most stand-up vpn providers don't cave to phony lawyers' threatening emails.
>>
>>58097006
>>58096979
Any suggestions though? Want to be able to start doing schoolwork in the new apartment as quickly as possible
>>
>>58097015
I probably could though i essentially needed this on a one time only basis so it might be hard to justify sinking 100 dollars.
>>
My boss convinced me to take the blame for his mistake, saying that he'd protect me from any fallout, but I got fired as a result and he didn't do anything to try to stop it. Do I have any recourse now? Or am I fucked since I went on record admitting responsibility and it wouldn't do any good to go back and say he put me up to it?
>>
File: teamspeak.png (206KB, 790x360px) Image search: [Google]
teamspeak.png
206KB, 790x360px
Just set up a teamspeak server for some friends but I'm not really sure about how to go about administrating it.

Anybody know any guides for beginners that explains groups and permissions and possibly gives recommendations on important shit to set like codecs.

Anything that gives a good overview to a scrub would be helpful
>>
Anyone know how why I can't connect with wpa_supplicant on Arch Linux?
I did everything like the (shit) wiki says:
- wpa_supplicant -i ...
- dhcpd
->cannot find IPv6 router
->timed out
I've tried for hours... fuck
>>
>>58096989
literally what?
>>
>>58097118
>if authorities really want your identity they can usually get it by subpoena-ing the vpn provider.
>but authorities don't usually get involved in small time piracy things like that.
>And most stand-up vpn providers don't cave to phony lawyers' threatening emails.

Good to hear thanks for the answer. I use TorGuard and theyre supposed to be pretty decent about protecting users. My friends are retarded and download public torrents with no protection but like I said I have a great deal on a business plan (in my home) and don't want to jeopardize it.

>merry Christmas anon
>>
>>58097256
pay 200 bucks and talk to a lawyer
>>
>>58097256
You're on the wrong board but I'd say go get a lawyer there are lots of employment lawyers out there. Watch that perpetual manager sweat all the way down to the knock-off Sketchers his mannish wife bought him. (If it's a her come up with your own insult).
>Managers and bosses everywhere know 0 about the law.
>>
>>58097256
You're a retard for taking the blame in the first place. How did you not see this is sketchy?

You have no claim, its hearsay at this point

Fucking retard holy shit why????
>>
>>58095957
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-start-system-restore-from-the-command-prompt-2624522

10 seconds in google
>>
need a new laptop for school for around $500-ish

any help/input is appreciated
>>
>>58097265
You dont need ipv6 on your local network.
>>
>>58097328
Where did you get your law degree? You sound like my Mom.
>>
>>58097340
what the fuck do you plan to do on it?
I rec some 200 dollar dell netbook
>>
>>58097328
>Implying improprieties in the work place don't make judges' collective skins crawl.
>>
>>58094690
A good HDMI cable can reduce the noise?
>>
>>58097368
mostly schoolwork like write papers, code, browse the internet, maybe some light gaming that sort of thing
>>
>>58097365
>>58097382

Judge:"What evidence do you have to make this claim?"
Anon:"He told me he would"
Boss:"Your honor i have no clue what he is talking about he is just trying to not get fired"
Judge:"Hearsay,no contest"
>>
>>58097406
From what I understand there was some action involved.
>With action comes result or failure to produce a result.
>Evidence.

Don't go to law school, don't go to grad school. Start over with Disney and come by some imagination.

To OP. Is the job really worth getting back?
>>
>>58097473
Do you honestly believe some circuit judge is going to anything?
Of the say 200 cases hes has to get through the day,this is open and shut.
All you're doing is wasting money on court fees.
>>
>>58097402
>school laptop
>video games
like what? dwarf fortress or that new blizzard game about gay ladies
>>
>>58097406
Also, Oh my god, rofl.
The person was fired for a reason! That reason is the road to lots of evidence, and normally employers do NOT fire employees correctly or even hire them correctly for that matter.

>whistling dixie
>>
Why is it that in Linux the sound quality seems to differ by which DE you're using? I installed Ubuntu and the sound quality is fine, but when I tried Fedora with GNOME 3 and Debian with KDE, the sound quality is shit. Also, when I tried XFCE in distros other than Xubuntu, I have no sound at all. Why is this and how can I configure the sound to be normal when using another DE?
>>
>>58097505
You know zero judges.
>>
>>58097507
You watch too much law & order kiddo
Thats not how it works
>>58097527
I dont have to know a judge to follow precedence faggot
>>
>>58097539
shut the fuck up. if you ever reply to me again with stupid ass shit like this i will literally doxx your fucking organs and watch you go into cardiac arrest you piece of shit.
>>
>>58097551
I don't give a fuck who you are or where you live. You can count on me to be there to bring your fucking life to a hellish end. I'll put you in so much fucking pain that it'll make Jesus being nailed to a cross in the desert look like a fucking back massage on a tropical island. I don't give a fuck how many reps you have or how tough you are IRL, how well you can fight, or how many fucking guns you own to protect yourself. I'll fucking show up at your house when you aren't home. I'll turn all the lights on in your house, leave all the water running, open your fridge door and not close it, and turn your gas stove burners on and let them waste gas. You're going to start stressing the fuck out, your blood pressure will triple, and you'll have a fucking heart attack. You'll go to the hospital for a heart operation, and the last thing you'll see when you're being put under in the operating room is me hovering above you, dressed like a doctor. When you wake up after being operated on, wondering what ticking time bomb is in your chest waiting to go off. You'll recover fully from your heart surgery. And when you walk out the front door of the hospital to go home I'll run you over with my fucking car out of no where and kill you. I just want you to know how easily I could fucking destroy your pathetic excuse of a life, but how I'd rather go to a great fucking length to make sure your last remaining days are spent in a living, breathing fucking hell. It's too late to save yourself, but don't bother committing suicide either... I'll fucking resuscitate you and kill you again myself you bitch-faced faggot. Welcome to hell, population: you.
>>
>>58097539
You do have to do some work in the law field to know how the law works.
Luckily I have never watched an episode of Law & Order.
>I wish I was still a kid.
But, seriously you're fired, we haven't even been helping the client. There are multiple precedences mericon.
>>
>>58096995
I already asked Acer and they said they don't do repairs. It's still under warranty and I have the original packaging and all. What IS the warranty on the monitor for if they won't even repair it? Could I get a new/refurbished one from them with it?
>>
File: 1482269028426.jpg (17KB, 305x349px) Image search: [Google]
1482269028426.jpg
17KB, 305x349px
>>58097551
>>58097559
>>
>>58097559
buddy i've literally LITERALLY installed arch on my own and only used archforums FOUR times. i will end your life in ways you can't even imagine, i will make the kernel modules in your soul segfault faster than you can proxy dl your loli doujins.
>>
>>58097559
>>58097551
Three people posting here at least now but I have things to do so until the next time.
>>
File: file.png (16KB, 647x160px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
16KB, 647x160px
/g/ can I trust this? What do you know about this shit being passed around on he bay right now?

I've seen a lot of torrents being peddled out by some people with software to watch eps of movies.

The Assassin's Creed movie isn't out and someone has it on the bay with this software. What is it? Fuck no am I downloading it

>>58097551
>>58097559

at what point in your life do you go:
"I'm a dumbass and I'm going to just post copy pasta when I'm the least bit annoyed" grow up
>>
how do i get wifi to work on arch
>>
>>58097263
pls respon :(
>>
>>58097805
turn it off and on
>>
>>58097848
doesn't work.
>>
File: T400Draussen_02.jpg (270KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
T400Draussen_02.jpg
270KB, 800x555px
>>58094690
umm, since there's no /tpg/ right now

how can I tell whether a given T400 has a CCFL or a LED backlight screen?
>>
File: meme.png (1MB, 1383x500px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
1MB, 1383x500px
Okay, /fa/ told me the blue one. Which do you think I should get, /g/?
>>
File: bill from davinchi code.jpg (51KB, 537x522px) Image search: [Google]
bill from davinchi code.jpg
51KB, 537x522px
>>58097886
the one that isn't blue
fuck /fa/
>>
Looking for a laptop between 15-17 inches, on the lighter side, touch screen, fast etc. Not a meme gaming laptop, but preferably high end. What brands do I start looking at lads? I don't know anything about brand reputations.
>>
>>58097886
shirtless to show off gains

fuck /g/ and /fa/
>>
>>58097886
do people actually wear something like the blue one in 2016 without any irony?
>>
>>58097979
>>58097949
you have me conflicted here

>>58097928
so the green?
>>
File: 1474322402851.png (196KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474322402851.png
196KB, 480x480px
>>58098005
new idea
you might like
think for yourself
>>
>>58098005
yup, the green one looks like not an utter crap. what brand is that?
>>
Im going to use Chocolatey to download a ton of new programs.

What exactly does Chocolatey Core Extension do? I am confused by the description

>This package provides helper functions installed as a Chocolatey extension.

>These functions may be used in Chocolatey install/uninstall scripts by declaring this package a dependency in your package's nuspec.

https://chocolatey.org/packages/chocolatey-core.extension
>>
>>58098041
woolrich is the green, columbia is the bluish grey

>>58098020
TOO HARD
>>
>>58096989
>>
>>58096169
Here's the volume licenses for Windows. Not sure if they'll work on the site but they get you past the setup in Win 8.1 to install MKT and crack KMS.

Windows 8.1 Generic Product Keys
Windows 8.1 Core/Home 334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT
Windows 8.1 Professional XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB
Windows 8.0 Generic Product Keys
Windows 8.1 Core/Home FB4WR-32NVD-4RW79-XQFWH-CYQG3
Windows 8.1 Professional XKY4K-2NRWR-8F6P2-448RF-CRYQH
>>
>>58096906
Honestly I'd go with an idiot proof version of Linux. Maybe Ubuntu or something. Chances are she's only gonna be using it for Facebook or whatever 10 year olds do these days.
>>
File: 5897856747.png (31KB, 300x135px) Image search: [Google]
5897856747.png
31KB, 300x135px
I ain't much of a /g/ent. Why the fuck does my ISP say I get 40Mbps when this says I get 1.17Mbps? Paying 40 bucks a month for less than 200kb/s is terrible.
>>
>>58098201
>centurylink
Because you're being tricked, mate.
>>
>>58097256
That was retarded af. You could go to a fairwork commission if you have one in your country and say your boss blackmailed you into taking the blame.
>>
>>58097340
Thinkpad T420 or X220

>>58097760
Scan it with an antivirus program. Opsec says don't install a program from a torrent that you can get from an official site, and only install programs that you can't get from an official site after scanning with an antivirus and finding evidence of people using it on forums.

Just get a different codec.
>>
>>58098201
Your ISP is advertising max potential bandwidth. Depending on the laws in your country they can serve you shit bandwidth and you've got to grin and bear it as they violate your arsehole.

In Australia there's no minimum for the definition of "broadband" while in some parts of the US it's 2Mb/s down as the minimum.
>>
>have DVI monitor
>plug into laptop using DVI to HDMI cable
>works on Ubuntu, but not Windows
help
>>
File: raspberry-pi-logo[1].png (50KB, 511x642px) Image search: [Google]
raspberry-pi-logo[1].png
50KB, 511x642px
How the fuck can I set up a headless RPi? I don't have HDMI or a keyboard, just my laptop. I never had to use a keyboard or a monitor before? Why is SSH disabled by default now? WTF

If anyone could help that would be fantastic.
>>
>>58098534
setup ssh on it and use it?
>>
>>58098554
How the fuck do I do that? I can't access it via SSH?
>>
>>58098566
Plug in a keyboard and monitor and set it up.
How can you possibly expect something to work if you havent set it up ?
>>
>>58098577
I have a laptop, that's it. I never used to have to plug in a keyboard and HDMI for it to work on previous versions of Raspian.
>>
>>58098577
I think I might have to edit the boot/config.txt file.
>>
>>58094690
I tried for 3 hours to get subtitles onto a .webm (leading me to install several almost related programs, needing their own programs, trying to hardcode them in with no luck), I broke down and tried the WebM for retards way and it fails right after it starts trying.
do these things just have issues with large files, or long files, or what?
>>
>>58098628
Does it matter to you if it comes out as MKV? Cause mkvtools can join them in one file if that's what you're trying to do.
>>
A header file that I'm using contains a #import for another header file, ScriptingBridge.h. Where can I find this file on my system, so that I can look at it? A computer search turns up nothing, even with all of the options to see hidden and system files on.
>>
I am locked out of my computer after stupidly disabling USB Legacy. I rely on an external keyboard (internal replacement coming, not sure when.)
I'm at an RTC power low, press F2 screen after a CMOS jump. From prior instances I know pressing f2 takes me to BIOS.

Since I can't get past this screen, I'm wondering if either of these two options are feasible:
Resetting NVRAM BIOS variables manually via hardware (booting without hdd for example, or jumping something on my mobo.)

Or

Making a flash drive to flash UEFI/BIOS that will automatically override the RTC screen. I am set up to boot from USB before hdd, but neither liveUSB's that I have overruled this screen. I don't have any experience with flashing BIOS so I'm not sure what to do in this situation. Of course I've found plenty of resources to hold my hand through making a flasher USB, but nothing that speaks to my situation. I made a stick earlier that turned the firmware update exe into a tmp file via Rufus. It didn't do anything, but that's definitely user error.

I take it i'd be using the 1.6 flasher under BIOS on this page (I used 1.8 earlier), what's the process for making it into a USB stick that my computer goes to before this RTC screen? Is that even feasible?
>>
>>58098628
First the subtitles:
ffmpeg -i "$file" -c:a copy -vf "subtitles=$file"  "done/$file"

Second the webm:
ffmpeg -n -i "$0" -sn -c:v libvpx -f webm  -movflags +faststart "$0.webm"
>>
>>58098577
from googling, friendo
>For headless setup, SSH can be enabled by placing a file named 'ssh', without any extension, onto the boot partition of the SD card.
>>
>>58098723
meant to
>>58098592
>>
>>58098255
im tempted to Vbox it to see what it does. But 1700+ seeders that's funny. People are pretty desperate for the simpsons. When I first saw that from an ep I knew it had to be a virus.
>>
File: chrissy.webm (108KB, 720x416px) Image search: [Google]
chrissy.webm
108KB, 720x416px
>>58098668
That worked. Took an .avi and loaded it in mkvtoolnix, added subtitle file, and now it's actually got proper subtitles in it instead of being a separate .srt
thanks, it's a little more complicated than I thought but at least i can do it now
>>
>>58098859
It might be possible to spoof seeders or at the very least have a bunch of bandwidth restricted seeding on a single server.

Give it a go and post results.
>>
My galpal wants to build a new PC to do 3d Modelling on, but doesn't want to blow like $1500 on a i7unlocked.

What processor is best bang for buck when it comes to 3D rendering?
>>
Can data be recovered from bad sectors?
>>
>>58098918
Why do you think they call them bad?
>>
>>58098890
it's gone be a while then. I'm tempted to install windows 98 on a vbox hue a hue
>>
>>58098731
>>58098723
FUck, thanks dude. I don't know why they would disable SSH suddenly. What a bunch of cunts.

Cheers bro.
>>
>>58097579
They won't accept warranty for accidental damage, warranty only covers what Acer fucked up
>>
>>58098901
Modelling, any i3 is fine, it's mostly not a task that scales well with more threads.

Rendering, you want moar cores, slow doesn't matter. FX 8320e may be decent although it's pretty ancient.
>>
>>58098712
The RTC battery low error comes before it's even trying to find an OS. It's not a configuration error, resetting CMOS won't do anything.

Only real solution is either replace the battery so it stops complaining, or replace the keyboard so you can ignore the complaint.
>>
why do people hate /pol/
>>
>>58099174
Cause you're a cuck mate
>>
>>58099174
because muh feelings
>>
>>58097224
Craigslist then.
>>
File: 8-inch-floppy.jpg (14KB, 430x319px) Image search: [Google]
8-inch-floppy.jpg
14KB, 430x319px
>>58095321
>easy repair
nah looks fucked.
>still under warranty
make them replace it?

>>58094707
aoc ag241qx
Acer Predator XB241YU
AOC AG241QG
Dell s2417dg

>>58094753
Pretty much anything Logitech. Their gaming line is good. Personally I think the G9x is the best mouse of all time, but the new chaos spectrum, proteus spectrum, proteus core etc all seem good too. If you want a value pick, I recommend the CM Storm Xornet (not II, not Spawn) - it's super cheap and it's a solid performer.

>>58094825
Features, overclocking stability, and brand/support. I see no problem with something like an ASRock Micro ATX H-series board which are commonly pretty inexpensive.

>>58095509
>wireless keyboard
Why? A good wired unit is $12. Unless you're going for gaming macros or mechanical keys or using it for an HTPC. A keyboard needing to be recharged is retarded.

>>58095537
Mid-range GPUs run externally don't bottleneck very badly in most gaming scenarios. GPU computing will easily bottleneck them.
https://tpucdn.com/reviews/Intel/Ivy_Bridge_PCI-Express_Scaling/images/perfrel_2560.gif
>>
>>58099174
Because politics always makes people fight.
>>
File: my_new_flame_light_ingo_maurer.jpg (30KB, 525x395px) Image search: [Google]
my_new_flame_light_ingo_maurer.jpg
30KB, 525x395px
Where can I buy this part? I'm trying to build my own version of an expensive lamp, and I was wondering if any of you knew where I could get this part. It's an 8x16 matrix of tiny white LED's that vary in brightness. I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
>>
>>58097886
I don't really care for either but the blue one is especially bad. The contrasting collar and baggy pockets are the opposite of good style.
>>
Are there any damn lcd tvs that DONT FUCKING HAVE 6INCH OF FUCKING BENZEL?
>>
is there a video editing thread on /g/? should i make one?
>>
>>58099314
Found it!

https://www.adafruit.com/products/2974
>>
>>58099575
no
meh, if ya want
>>
File: bery_intelligent.jpg (1MB, 1700x4999px) Image search: [Google]
bery_intelligent.jpg
1MB, 1700x4999px
Can anyone recommend me some Linux related youtube channels that are not shit
>>
>>58099264
I've seen this, but those are old cards. I have an EVGA 980ti FTW (was on sale). Unsure how much performance loss that spells.
>>
>>58099727
This guy seems to be getting pretty good results:
https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/11004-gtx-980-vs-gtx-980-ti-egpu-benchmarks/
>>
>>58095321
why didn't you just take a screen shot?
>>
>>58094690
Whats wrong with getting your personal data sold?
>>
>>58099789
it's like doing work for free. do you wanna be a janny who doesn't even get bean paste baddies or hotpockets?
>>
>>58099751
Thanks.
Given that 1.0 x4 is a sixteenth of 3.0 x16 and the 680 only loses 20%, when TB3 is only an eighth and the 980ti loses 30-40%, it seems to be less efficient than I imagined.

Guess that answers my questions then. I won't make TB3 a crucial factor for my laptop.
>>
So I got a Christmas bonus that I was not remotely expecting, and decided that using it to purchase a monitor would be a good plan. Currently I've just got an AOC I bought about 3 years ago; it's fine, but nothing fancy.

Should I get a similarly-sized monitor to go dual with, or put my money into a nicer monitor and worry about going dual with THAT one later? This one is a 60hz 1080p, but I was thinking of getting something nicer.
>>
>>58099993
I use two monitors. It's okay, can't really find a practical use, I think I'd rather a 1440p for dat resolution than this setup
>>
>>58099874
Actually scratch that, the Akitio Thunder 2 is only on TB2.
>>
>>58100034
Quite honestly the biggest 'practical use' would be to replace a TV. I -have- a 42 inch LG in the room where my rig is, but it's off to the side, and I wear headphones. I was thinking of getting a second monitor so I could put things on to half-watch and half-listen to when I'm farming on WoW, for example.

Also, I'm not 100% sure the rig I have can currently output 1440p at great framerates; is picking up a 1440p for when I upgrade my CPU worth it? (My GPU isn't terrible, but it's not fantastic, and my CPU is currently my bottleneck)
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (293KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
293KB, 1920x1080px
Can someone point me towards a reliable guide for installing plexmediaserver on the raspberry pi?
>>
Is formatting an SSD different from a hard drive?
>>
File: CuYl12gVIAADuiS.jpg large.jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CuYl12gVIAADuiS.jpg large.jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
What /g/ approved codec packs are there for animu playback?

Currently using CCCP + madVR but CCCP hasn't been updated in over a year.
>>
>>58100130
No
>>
windows 7 or linux
>>
>>58100126
what distro
>>
>>58100130
>>58100239
yes
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/ssd-partition-alignment-tech-brief.html
>>
Whats the best free way to convert mts to any other form of video?
>>
how to setup/best way to push/pull on h115i?
>>
File: oh wow, it's 2016.png (5KB, 433x329px) Image search: [Google]
oh wow, it's 2016.png
5KB, 433x329px
>>58100293
>>
I really don't know if this is that stupid or anywhere else to post this question so i'm going to ask here if you guys don't mind. I just bought a new video card (Gigabyte G1 RX 480 8GB) and installed it into my computer when I got home. The problem is that when I turn my computer on no video gets displayed. I uninstalled older drivers beforehand and manually installed the proper drive drivers just incase. I took the card out and loaded into bios and disabled Intel HD graphics and enabled auto PCI configuration and tried turning down my resolution to the minimum. It still didn't display anything and now Intel wouldn't display. I installed my older HD 3850 and it worked immediately and I re enabled intel. I tried disabling the display drivers and rebooting into safe mode with specific configurations like shutdown, installing the card and starting into safe mode still not to see a single thing. And I've tried mixing up the video cables connected to my monitor and tv to different outputs and different combinations of the motherboard, gpu and both. At this point is it just the cards issue? The HD 3850 worked immediately and my sound card worked in the PCI slot. My thought now is that the display ports was never connected to the board when produced and the card is broken. Is there anything else I can try at this point or is it a total bust? By the card gets power, the fans spin and the lights on the backplate light up so the card is definitely doing something. I'm using Windows 7 HPSP1, a Gigabyte motherboard and a Intel cpu if it helps.
>>
>>58100280
plexmediaserver
>>
My computer reboots when playing Shadow Warrior 2, temperatures of the CPU and GPU are normal when under load. No BSOD.

It's weird because the memecard I'm using could handle Doom 2016 just fine, also MGSV without a single one of those reboots. I guess SW2 is more demanding or something? What could be going wrong?
>>
>>58100406
what wattage is your psu rated at? it might not be getting enough power
>>
>>58100386
what shit browser are you using that cant read an embedded pdf?

>>58100415
what linux distro are you installing plex on in the pi
>>
>>58100452
It's a Corsair HX850. So it's rated at 850 watts at 80+ gold if that's what you wanted know. I'm afraid I don't know a lot about power supplies.
>>
File: 234.jpg (34KB, 495x417px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
34KB, 495x417px
>>58100501
>>58100452

Also if this would help it's a modular psu. I'm using the cords that are connected to the psu that can't be taken out as power for the gpu. Should I connect a separate power cable?
>>
>>58100544
so wattage doesnt seem to be an issue,i know it sounds dumb but make sure the cables in the video card and power supply are in all the way and not plugged in upside down
>>
>>58100567
Even if it's upside down would the card still turn on?
>>
>>58100567
Everything seems to be connected properly and the card is definitely getting power, it's lighting up and the fans are spinning. And the computer is making the single beep noise signaling it has detected a video unit. I honestly think the displayport just doesn't work.
>>
>>58100592
i mean if you jammed it in somehow possibly
>>
I'm having this issue where sometimes programs just freeze up and crash (???.exe has stopped working) eventually explorer.exe stops working and I'm forced to restart.

It's not a typical freeze where I can't move my mouse around. It's more like a horror movie where things start to get slowly worse, as in I can still use some programs. Anyone know how to approach this? Tried googling, didn't help
>>
>>58100406
Just because the fan spins up doesn't mean your power connections are done right. The card will get ~75W or something from the PCIe slot regardless.

Sounds like it could be a defective card. Maybe try it in another PC.
>>
>>58100651
then try and hook it up through hdmi or dvi
>>
>>58100704
As displayport i meant all the ports meant for display, dvi and hdmi doesn't work.
>>
I'm trying to extract subtitles off of an .mkv, is there any go to method or program? Google gave me nothing but different programs to choose from. I'm wondering if there is a recommended one or an easier way.
>>
>>58099139
I have done both of those, but with legacy disabled it's moot. I have a replacement coming. Any further suggestions re: resetting NVRAM/ flashing before RTC screen?
>>
>>58100754
id say the last thing to try is plug hdmi in through your motherboard and install your video card drivers
>>
Ever since I updated the drivers for my gtx 960 my computer boots to a black screen (Win7 64bit). I rolled back multiple times but the problem persists. The last rollback I did was to v360.00, which is what I've read other people do on tech support sites.I can boot my computer into safemode but I can't do a regular boot without getting black screened.

also this is a problem that started about 6 months ago, but it's only recently I've had time to sit down and look at it.
>>
>>58095784
could be your hibernation/pagefile if you fell for the 16gb RAM meme.
>>
>>58095900
red reader
>>
>>58098476
what's not working? try windows key + P on windows and extend or duplicate the display
>>
>>58100430
could be a power issue. Do you get the windows didn't shut down correctly dialog on reboot? What are your specs?
>>
Whats a good 4k monitor that is a good balance between gaming and high res photo editing that doesn't cost like $1000+?

Every single monitor seems to only be good for one or the other unless you go towards the $1500, $2000 range according to sites online.
>>
File: Raspberry_Pi_3_Model_B.png (972KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
Raspberry_Pi_3_Model_B.png
972KB, 800x526px
Is pic related worth my time and money? I want to build my own computer but I don't know shit about anything, so I thought this might be a good place to start learning before buying a bunch of shit, but would it be better to just dive in at the deep end and bypass this kind of thing?
>>
>>58101035
Yes I get the windows didn't shut down correctly message. No BSOD though.

specs
cpu AMD phenom II x4 960T
mobo Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
gpu Gigabyte GTX 970
psu Corsair HX650 PSU
>>
>>58100916
I fixed it, i took out the ram, blew on the slots and put it back in and it started. Someone recommended that to me in a different thread, didn't think it would work.
>>
>>58101163
its always some stupid shit like that honestly
>>
are there any legit free vps providers? all i could find were web hosts with ssh file access.
>>
File: Capture.png (25KB, 543x540px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
25KB, 543x540px
>>58101145
Check your event log for anything with event id 6006 or 6008

- hit the windows key and type "event view" and hit enter
- on the left go to Windows Logs -> System
- on the right click Filter Current Log and enter the IDs like pic related

Do you see any events on this list which coincide with the shutdowns? If so what do the event details say?
>>
>>58101127
When you say you want to build a computer, do you mean a normal everyday use powerful computer?

Because a Raspberry Pi has nothing to do with that.
>>
is it possible to ssh into my pc without a public ip? I would like to access my linux box remotely using cell data. Teamviewer only needs an internet connection, so something like this?
>>
File: 1444426128386.jpg (25KB, 497x370px) Image search: [Google]
1444426128386.jpg
25KB, 497x370px
I have a zip archive of music files and for some reason it shows image files amongst the music files, but when I extract the contents the files aren't there. Where are they coming from?
>>
android phone has 8gb of "log". how do i remove this huge file? dialing *#9900# and selecting delete does nothing. i installed root explorer and went to data > log, deleted it, but nothing changed... is it now on a lost.dir folder or some shit?
>>
>>58101321
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3

Audio files have other information than the sound itself embedded inside them, like the name of the song, the author, the album, etc.

It's possible to embed album art, so that might be what you're seeing.
>>
File: IMG_0235.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0235.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
I need some help guys
I was upgrading my t420 to 1600x900, so I swapped the LCD cable and as I'm putting back in the palm rest I accidentally put in a longer screw, i didn't notice till I hit a circuit? I'm nos sure what it is
So, i put it back together and it won't turn on, I'm trying to determine if that's the cause, it doesn't look too deep and if it is, do i need to change the motherboard?

Tl;dr im an idiot
>>
>>58101321
The images are probably hidden files that you can't see once extracted.
>>
>>58101274
Yes I'm seeing multiple error 6008 entries saying this

>The previous system shutdown at 11:54:20 PM on 12/19/2016 was unexpected.

also there are Critical entries called Kernel-Power 41 saying

>The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
>>
If anyone here vapes, do you think this is a good idea I want to start and this seems like a good deal.

http://www.vaporauthority.com/products/halo-triton-single-starter-kit
>>
>>58101483
Since you're not getting a BSOD this is likely a hardware issue. The most likely culprits are PSU and RAM assuming your temps are OK.

If you have a replacement PSU, I would test that - otherwise testing the PSU for failures will be difficult. If you have multiple RAM sticks try booting with just 1 and see if you can still reproduce the issue.

More info here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2028504
>>
>>58097256

Fucked. Don't fuck yourself further by pissing away money on some useless cocksucker lawyer.
>>
>>58097256
You're fucked. Should have gotten it in writing, or better yet just not agreed to it. Always cover your ass.
>>
>>58101220
thanks for the help and patience anyways tho. i'm glad the card works.
>>
should intel hd graphics be running if i'm using a gpu?
>>
>>58101578
Alright thanks. I'm not sure I can reproduce the reboots, because I'm not sure the game even runs with 4GB RAM only.

I tried testing this furmark benchmark test to see if my GPU temperature was going nuts under load, and it didn't make my system reboot, it only does so far with Shadow Warrior 2. Weird shit, I'll try furmark at 4K or something far more demanding to see if I can reproduce the issue.
>>
File: 81+p4tzr64L._SL1500_.jpg (193KB, 1500x1477px) Image search: [Google]
81+p4tzr64L._SL1500_.jpg
193KB, 1500x1477px
Can I use pic related on a permanent basis?
>>
Unreadable colors on firefox notifications in linux. How do I fix?
>>
>>58101866
yeah, make sure it doesn't get too hot
if it has that energy saving bullshit write something up to write to it every few minutes
>>
File: setup.png (18KB, 1337x495px) Image search: [Google]
setup.png
18KB, 1337x495px
Looking to set up a battlestation next year.

I want to have 2x 1440p monitors for web browsing, text editing, etc, then a separate 1080p monitor for games and HD video.

It would look something like pic related.

Is this retarded?
>>
>>58101935
Is it bad for the HDDs to spin down?
>>
>>58101984
yeah
it's also annoying waiting for it to spin back up when you're trying to download porn
>>
>>58101984
Yes, starting and stopping are what wear drives out the most.
>>
TV.
50inch+
1080p60fps
60hz
LED

WHICH.
>>
>>58102110
which what?
>>
>>58102212
Exactly.
>>
File: Untitled1.jpg (97KB, 903x550px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.jpg
97KB, 903x550px
anyone have experience overclocking 8 core AMD FX processors? ive got an FX-8350 @4.5ghz on air cooling(evo 212). noticable speed increase and im really happy with it, especially the temperatures which are not that much higher, even under load. stable so far as well.
how far can one push an OC on air cooler, specifically my cooler or another? what could you generally expect to get with a $100ish water cooler in terms of overclocking? would 5ghz be an attainable goal?
one more question, is the cpu fan specifically responsible for keeping the socket cool or are there other factors in socket temperature? are there any things i can do besides buy a better cpu cooler to get socket temperatures down? i clean it about once every two weeks with compressed air cans. the temperature right now hover from 30-38c(which is not too high right?) so im not worried about it, just wondering for the future incase i decide to push the oc further.
>>
Does anyone know where I can get USB drivers for my HTC 10? It appears that HTC discontinued them and now uses a syncing program instead, but I'm not a big fan of installing shit on my PC when I can just drag and drop files.
>>
>>58095849

down for me as well
>>
After always being able to find stuff, Windows Search is suddenly being picky and I have no idea why. Despite certain .pdf files being in a folder, when I punch in the name it claims there are no results. Yet it can find specifc .gif files just fine, as well as folders. Strangely, it can find one .png but ignores another. Filename isn't an issue as they're basically sentence, phrases and all.

Google is no help. The folder where the majority of my stuff is is already indexed and restarting changed nothing. I only ever use Windows Search when I want to find something in the clutter so God knows when this happened. Anyone have any solutions?

tl;dr Windows Search is acting up for seemingly no reason and it needs to be fixed ASAP.
>>
can someone recommend me a monitor that can go horizontal or vertical that can do 1440p and doesn't break the bank
>>
>>58101948
That's fine as long as your PC has enough outputs and your TV has enough inputs.
>>
>>58102822
Just get a monitor of your choice with a vesa mount and a rotating stand
>>
>>58102822
Shimian or other korean import on ebay. For portrait mode, make sure you get IPS or equivalent. Some panel types have shitty vertical viewing angles.
>>
>>58094690

Are mind maps useful to learn programming languages?

If so, where I can find themore?
>>
>>58102690
I noticed other archives were showing CF DDoS pages and found this on 4plebs. Looks to be most of this one anon's archives are under attack. https://archive.4plebs.org/plebs/thread/1203/
>>
Anyone here familiar with Blender? I want to take a bit of text and "cut" it in to a face of an already existing object.

How the fuck do I do this?
>>
Can I have my android phone whitout any of the Sony pre-installed apps?
>>
>>58101395
looks like a Conexant CX20671-21Z, a sound chip
your machine shouldn't fail to boot with that broken, not that it looks broken
if the package is just scratched, not crushed or cracked, and the solder is ok, then there's no harm done
>>
Is it possible for malware to run on multiple CPU instruction sets? E.g., infect x86 and ARM systems? Are there any known cases of malware on a phone (iOS, Android,etc.) "spreading" to a PC (Windows, OSX, Linux, etc.)?
>>
>>58100785
Anyone? I'm trying to reconnect my fooked keyboard but it's missing the plastic strip, and the shim technique isn't working for me. Would love to be able to Linux again.
>>
>>58103159
Really? Then how do I troubleshoot it?
>>
If you where going to buy a laptop for long term use, would you get a i5-7200u or a i7-7500u?
>>
>>58103523
Depends
The 7500u is only 10% faster, there isn't a huge difference
>>
File: 1473683430550.jpg (14KB, 460x423px) Image search: [Google]
1473683430550.jpg
14KB, 460x423px
>>58094690
Do CPUs have a single layer of transistors or is it a bazillion layers on top of each other?
>>
>>58104056
Generally just a single layer
Samsung's 3D NAND is probably the most common layered IC
>>
So I'm just starting to use IRC/XDCC and I'm using hexchat, and I just have a quick question about SSL.

Hexchat has an SSL checkbox when adding new networks to the list, does this mean I don't need to use OpenSSL for hiding my IP while using the IRC client or is it like every other IRC client whereI still have to use that?
>>
>>58104183
SSL doesn't hide your IP
>>
I'm a retard that fucked his PC and I'm so fucking done with all the fucking bullshit I'm just going to buy shitty as windows fucking 10

Which version do I kill myself on
>>
>>58104227
I thought it stopped others from being able to see your IP when looking your nickname up via the IRC client.

That's what I remember reading and hearing, anyway.
>>
>>58104238
all it does is encrypt the data going between you and the server
>>
>>58104245
And I'm assuming I fucked up and what I really need is a bouncer? So the SSL just stops others from seeing what I'm downloading through the client?

Does that also include ISP? I know they would be able to see that i'm downloading stuff, but would it hide specifically what i'm downloading?
>>
>>58104268
it would prevent the ISP from knowing what you're doing with that server, assuming you aren't being MITM'd, which you can only prevent with verified certificates
>>
File: guE7LX0.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
guE7LX0.png
51KB, 657x527px
where should i apply to for junior programmer position in washington
>>
>>58104301
Cool, thanks. But do you know if the hexchat built in SSL works fine without the need for Open SSL?
>>
>>58104349
Hexchat probably uses openssl libs for their tls implementation.
>>
What does .io mean?

How would you hack a site like www.decagames.io/ ?
>>
>>58104398
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.io
>>
>>58104421
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.io
Ok but why I do see more sites with this domain name nowadays?
>>
>>58094690
Why does mega download require flash now? How to circumvent since I don't want shitty flash on my computer?
>>
>>58104447
because its trendy
>>
>>58104465
What the fuck are you talking about anon? It doesn't.
>>
>>58096900
not the rooting itself but rooting will allow you to use tools that do the moving for you
>>
>>58104477
why is it trendy? is it cuz its cheaper or sumting????
>>
>>58097256
Good luck getting legal help against a boss anywhere outside of Europe
>>
>>58104497
Its actually one of the more expensive tlds
>>
>>58104523
Eh, this isn't really true. It's more expensive than the base level tlds, but its definitely not high tier in terms of pricing.
>>
>>58104540
More expensive than most, not one of the most expensive.
>>
>>58104480
>>58104480
>>
>>58104565
Its safari though. Why how does this even make a difference?
>>
>>58104565
Then stop using a shitter browser anon, it's not hard.
>>
>>58104577
But I just got rid of sjw-fox and botnet-chrome. Welp, fuck mega then, i guess.
>>
File: 1475512304774.jpg (87KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1475512304774.jpg
87KB, 620x387px
is sublime open source? i don't think it is, that's why i'm using Atom.
>>
>>58104613
Why would you subject yourself to using either of those shitty bloated piles of shit?
>>
>>58104643
You've got better options?
>>
AMD's software becomes steadily more broken, but Nvidia are greedy fucks and gsync monitors cost 20%+ more. Is the grass greener? I think my last Nvidia card was a 8600gt.
>>
>>58104681
Vim, emacs, notepad.
>>
>>58104704
nvidia drivers have telemetry and require you to log in to an account to use their software
>>
File: a.png (16KB, 683x31px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
16KB, 683x31px
>>58104465
use megatools
>>
>>58104720
Ninja is you subzerious?
>>
>>58104762
https://consumerist.com/2016/09/14/why-do-i-suddenly-have-to-log-in-now-to-use-the-graphics-card-ive-had-for-years/

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/5b9ga6/nvidia_adds_telemetry_to_latest_drivers_heres_how/d9mwk3o/
>>
>>58104704
do you mean AMDs gpu drivers? cause lately theyve been very good, and fixing most bugs quite fast. i have not tried ReLive yet, and there are bugs with it but thats to be expected. just launched a week ago or something.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (22KB, 725x614px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22KB, 725x614px
so my pc shut down unexpectedly

after I started it again my foobar interface looks all corrupted, is there a way to fix this?

>pic related

also does some anon know who was the creator of this skin, I know he used to browse /g/ too
>>
>>58104855
I'm talking about the suite they replaced the catalyst control center with. Same as logitech's mouse software, its built with recent bullshit and simply will not work despite my efforts to provide the framework it requires.
>>
In java, how do I use the return statement/values from one method and use them in another method?

I haven't been able to figure that out so what I've been doing is setting a variable equal to a method in main (for example, "double kek = fuck()") and then using the variable (in this case kek) in the method I need the return values in. I know this must be terrible to do, so I'm hoping someone could give me some sort of explanation.
>>
>>58105056
No anon, that's what you want to do. Unless you're only using the return value once, in which case you can just use the function directly where you need its value.
>>
>>58105056
public long add(int a, int b) {
return sum(a, b);
}

public long sum(int a, int b) {
return a + b;
}
>>
>>58105150
>>58105156
thanks you guys!

>>58105156
So from this example, in "add(int a, int b)" would there be a way to use the result of sum aside from returning it?

so for example, if I wanted to multiply the result of sum by 5 would I just do something like "double whatever = sum(a,b) * 5" ??
>>
>>58105208
yes, as what >>58105150 said;

you can even do
double whatever = sum(a, b) + sum(10, 10);
>>
File: 1450675978892.png (153KB, 333x254px) Image search: [Google]
1450675978892.png
153KB, 333x254px
>>58105219
fucking neato. Thanks man. My comp sci professor was a huge cunt that wouldn't answer anyones questions so with stuff like this i had to just nigrig it.
>>
>>58105242
you may want to checkout The Daily Programming Thread >>>/dpt/
>>
>>58105254
god damn me
>>>/g/dpt
>>
File: 1440268901333.png (29KB, 140x240px) Image search: [Google]
1440268901333.png
29KB, 140x240px
>>58105254
>>58105263

thanks, I should definitely do that. but real quick if you're willing to answer it, whats the best way to output a method in main?

so for example doing:
 System.out.println(add(a,b));

doesn't work because variables a and b don't exist in main, however I am assuming that it is bad practice if I were to declare those in main so whats the best way to go about this?

This question along with the one i asked previously I was wondering the whole fugging course.
>>
You there! Yes you, Anon, answer the question!
>>58103181
>>
What are the easiest and most rewarding IT related jobs? (No CS shit)
>>
>>58105289
>best way to output a method in main?
I don't get this.

Though I think what you mean is this..
main is declared like this in Java:
public static void main(String[] args)

that
String[] args
is an array that contains the parameters when you launch your Java program.

so for example:
public static void main(String[] args) {
int a = args[0];
int b = args[1];
System.out.println(add(a, b));
}

you run your Java program like this:
java MyClass 100 200

also, learn to code tags. read the sticky >>51971506
>>
>>58094690
My USB ports on my PChave stopped working and I don't know why. For example I plug in my 360 controller and it lights up for a second and then turns off and I can't charge anything with it. There are 4 of them on the front of my PC and they all don't work. Are they just dead forever?
>>
>>58105331
yeah thats exactly what I was talking about

although if I do that I get an error because java.lang.string cant be converted to int
>>
>>58105379
Integer.parseInt(yourString);
>>
>>58105389
the error shows up with
int a = args[0];
>>
>>58105420
yes. you solve it by
String firstParameter = args[0];
int a = Integer.parseInt(firstParameter);

That
Integer
class have static methods in it that can help your with basic integer operations like converting to string, to binary, etc.
same goes for the Double, Byte, etc classes (primitive)
>>
I have 2 Rails applications that are being each tested separetely, using Rspec.

Now I'm developing a functionality on App2 that should change App1's DB, how am I supposed to test this?
App2 is creating a worker on Sidekiq that does this job on background, and I lose all ties to the worker.

I suppose I would need to keep App1 open while testing App2. It doesn't matter to me, but it feels clunky and wrong.

Maybe I should just check format of the sent requests to App1 on App2.
And the format of the received requests on App1. Would still need to catch these requests made by the Sidekiq worker somehow. Also, the worker can take up to 30 seconds to start running...

>how am I supposed to test this?
>>
>>58105450
ok so now if I were to do something like

public static void main(String[] args) {
String firstParameter = args[0];
int a = Integer.parseInt(firstParameter);
String secondParameter = args[1];
int b = Integer.parseInt(secondParameter);
System.out.println(add(a,b));
}
public static long add(int a, int b) {

long whatever = sum(a, b) + sum(10, 10);
return whatever;
}

public static long sum(int a, int b) {
return a + b;
}
}

I get an array out of bounds exception for [0]
>>
>>58105524
how did you run your program?

>>58105331
>you run your Java program like this:
>java MyClass 100 200
>>
>>58105534
yeah i wasn't sure what you meant by running it with that, where would I put that in the program?
>>
>>58105550
how do you compile and run your program? are you using an IDE (eclipse)
>>
>>58105558
well I'm using Dr. Java and yeah basically all you do is click compile then run
>>
>>58105569
well, shit.
you really need to learn the basics first before letting the IDE do the work for you.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16137713/how-to-run-a-java-program-from-the-command-line
>>
>>58105583
I see thanks senpai. I sort of feel for the meme of going to community and then transferring to uni so the intro to java class I took was absolutely terrible. I'm probably going to end up just retaking the class at uni desu
>>
>>58105601
fell**
>>
New thread: >>58105650
>>
File: Capture.png (27KB, 673x422px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27KB, 673x422px
Can I use this work around if i don't want to install Media Features Pack?

Will it enbale firefox to play videos?
>>
>>58105748
>>58105748
>>58105748
>>58105748

ignore previous new thread

>>58105748
>>58105748
>>58105748
>>58105748
>>
>>58105761
>"/sqt"
>correctly named
>>
>>58105773
better than the other one
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.