[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid question thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 56

File: EPROM_Microchip_SuperMacro.jpg (2MB, 4290x2856px) Image search: [Google]
EPROM_Microchip_SuperMacro.jpg
2MB, 4290x2856px
previous thread : >>58073133

Post your stupid question here. Use a search engine before.

my question:

can't get wifi to work. it says it's connected but no ping is available through google dns and the router itself.

here's ip addr

1: lo: <LOOBACK,UP,LOWER)UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKOWN group default qlen 1
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

2:wlo1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group defualt qlen 1000
link/ether b0:10:41:52:e0:04 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 192.168.0.107/24 brd 192.168.0.255 scope global dynamic wlo1
valid_lft 86399sec preferred_lft 86399sec
inet6 fe80::c801:3394:87c6:84d6/64 scope link
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

3:enp4s0: <NO-CARRIER, BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fc_codel state DOWN group default qlen 1000
link/ether 14:58:d0:0d:4c:3c brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>>
Ran into my first pc error, motherboard just prints 66 (its some asus ROG one) monitor doesn't respond at all either doesn't even show a bios splash screen
>>
Don't even know where to post this

Are there any comfy high-paid CS jobs where you work alone?
>>
>>58082044
reseat the RAM, or take one slot out
>>
>>58082044
Find your manual and read what the error means fuckwit
>>
>>58082172
tried it
>>58082174
I did, it says it's a ram issue, I've tried a different set of ram in each slot individually, it gave the same error each time
>>
>>58082216
Mayhaps you could what you have done thus far to diagnose the problem.
Run memtest86+ for 24 hours
>>
>>58082216
check capacitors if you're ok with electronics,
or reseat as much as you can
otherwise I would just RMA, if it can't even boot into bios then something is really fucked.
>>
>>58082242
memtest is a nono since I can't even get bios so can't make it boot off usb
>>58082268
not really that good with eletronics, think it's just the motherboard, took out cmos, disconnected everything and drained it - if this doesn't fix it I've been thinking about switching to a mini itx build so I'll just salvage what I can and move on
>>
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0108PI7WE/

I bought this exact television and I'm having a hard time getting things right. It looks fine most of the time, but sometimes colors are too vivid, and in live-action stuff skin tone can sometimes get a little orange. Does anyone know this TV or this brand that can help me figure out what to do?

I only watch Netflix and Hulu and play games on it, and my only devices use HDMI. Color and Saturation options can't be accessed when using HDMI.
>>
>>58082216
Try visually checking the pins in the memory slots
If any are dark your board is toast

Could you paste or summarize the error?
>>
>>58082320
nothing looks or smells burnt, don't have the manual since I built the pc as a cocky teenager, googling pretty much just called it a ram error but everyone else who had the error could get to bios, I can't - might try reseating the GPU
>>
is there an adapter that has 120mm fans to fit into 140mm slots?
>>
>>58082318
>Color and Saturation options can't be accessed when using HDMI.
Your TV a SHIT
a fucking SHIT
>>
Thinking of getting a
Kensington desktop lock thing, are they worth it? just want to make it so if my flat gets robbed I don't lose everything, thinking of getting one for my desktop, one for my laptop and one for my ps4 - I mean £60 to make sure my electronics don't get nicked is decent
>>
I have the msi gaming pro carbon x99. I have my i76800k set to 4.1ghz using the gaming boost option. My voltage is set to 1.3. I ran the msi Intel extreme tuning utility and it has no issues. Everything stays below 60°c. Once I use youtube-dl, tough, I get the BSOD 101 and 124 after a little while. Any idea what's happening?
>>
can I use a water cooling radiator in an exhaust fan slot
>>
>>58082444
how do you even get robbed in a flat
>>
>>58082472
I like to live where I grew up which happens to be a terrible area
>>
Whats better for pc building regular psu or modular? I'd imagine with modular cable management is a ton easier
>>
>>58082444
Yea it will prevent them from getting stolen, but only as long as you anchor it to something unyankable or unless the robbers have the right cutters with them.
>>
>>58082529
not really gunna be wire cutters and that with the theifs I'd be dealing with, would most likely drill through my desk and use that as an anchor and since that's attached to the wall for stability it should do fine
>>
>>58082444
meh, just keep offsite or hidden backups and renters insurance will take care of yo shit. I mean if the burglar doesn't have bolt cutters with him, then he's likely to vandalize your shit and make it useless anyways
>>
>>58082463
Does it fit? What's your case? Your case will usually tell you online where radiators can fit and which sizes fit where. Mine is under my top exhaust fan slot
>>
i charge my phone every night when i go to bed
last night it was at 70% and i woke up to 20% even though i turned it completely off
what caused this and how do i fix it?
it's an s7
>>
>>58082613
maybe you need to calibrate the battery
>>
>>58082692
what does that mean and how do i do that?
>>
>>58082701
https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-calibrate-the-battery-on-your-android-device

It might not be the actual problem
>>
File: 1479940957870.png (167KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1479940957870.png
167KB, 348x342px
A programming friend of mine swears up and down that variable placement should be right next to where it's used, instead of at the top of the function. Is he right? I was taught to put all variables at the top for an easier time finding them.
>>
>>58082909
thanks
>>
My parents are too stupid to understand a hierarchical file system or autofill settings on google chrome. They are only in their fifties.

Would replacing their windows xp desktop with a chrome box or a mac be a fool proof solution? I need some advice and am at the end of my wits. There is very little willingness to learn and what I do show them they always whine for me to do it for them.
>>
how can i display a letter like the "i" in pic related using html / css?

i know this is really basic but i'm an idiot patching together a website with 10 years outdated html knowledge

any advice very appreciated
>>
>>58082923
I've heard arguments for both, and it's personal preference, but I prefer them at the top.
>>
>>58083035
>whine for me to do it for them
If you keep doing it for them, they will never learn it and keep leaning on you.
Put everything they need on the desktop in huge icons and shit.tell them to do it them selves or dont do it at all
>>
Anyone know good ways to download part of a Youtube video? I tried clipconverter.cc but half of the time it outputs broken videos. I'm trying to take a bunch of them (most are hours long) and get like 5 seconds of each.
>>
>>58083333
youtube-dl
>>
>>58083345
I don't think it allows you to download certain time lengths of a video unless I missed something.
>>
Want to use certificates in Java. Should I chose pkcs#12 or keystore format?
>>
I wrote a python script that handles the custom protocol play:// to open a link in mpv, I got Firefox to pass the url to my script, which I packaged in an .app, but I always get the same error in my logs:
Dec 20 00:56:57 Daves-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (lan.dave.seedbox.167712[2322]): Service exited with abnormal code: 127

Here are my files:
Seedbox.app/Contents/MacOS/seedbox.py
#!/usr/bin/env python3

import sys.argv
import subprocess

if len(sys.argv == 1) and sys.argv[1].startswith("play://"):
url = sys.argv[1][7:len(sys.argv[1])]
subprocess.run(["/usr/local/bin/mpv", url]);

Seedbox.app/Contents/Info.plist
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>seedbox.py</string>
<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
<string>Seedbox 0.1a</string>
<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
<string>seedbox.icns</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>lan.dave.seedbox</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>Seedbox</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>APPL</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>0.1a</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>DAVE</string>
<key>CFBundleURLTypes</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleURLName</key>
<string>play URL</string>
<key>CFBundleURLSchemes</key>
<array>
<string>play</string>
</array>
</dict>
</array>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>0.1a</string>
<key>LSMinimumSystemVersion</key>
<string>10.9.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Can anybody tell me why I get this error? Help would be much appreciated.
>>
Whats it called when you put high end parts in a low end cheap looking case? ghetto builds? camo builds?
>>
>>58083390
Download file then use ffmpeg to segment the parts you want
>>
>>58083519
Oops, sorry, the python script I posted is an old version that doesnt work, here's the proper one, so that is not the problem:
#!/usr/bin/env python3

import sys
import subprocess

if len(sys.argv) == 2 and sys.argv[1].startswith("play://"):
url = "http://" + sys.argv[1][7:len(sys.argv[1])]
subprocess.run(["/usr/local/bin/mpv", url]);
>>
>>58083576
That's the problem, I don't want to download 100 500MB+ videos just to get 5 seconds out of each of them.
>>
my scroll lock sometimes turns on by itself. I'm not sure if it has something to do with virtualbox. am I part of the botnet now?
>>
I want a graphics card that can run CSGO at 100+ FPS for under $150. Thats literally all I want. I dont play any other video games and I cant justify spending more just for CSGO.

What to get?
>>
>>58083609
Tough shit then.
>>
>>58083635
The higher frames per second, the slower the game will play because it has to display all those. Ever seen a high FPS camera take a video? It's like slow motion
>>
File: Screenshot_20161219-161453.png (46KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161219-161453.png
46KB, 720x1280px
How do I see if something is equal to any item in a list?
>>
Question: 1080p at 120hz or 4k at 60hz
>>
How do I convert an .avi video to an .mp4 video?
>>
>>58083737
handbrake, probably? avidemux maybe
>>
>>58083708
if i in alist
>>
>>58083737
ffmpeg -i input.avi output.mp4
>>
>>58082149
You're always going to have to interact with people a bit (otherwise, who would tell you what you need to do?), but data architects don't need to speak to people very often. Any job where the company only needs one person to do it won't require much interaction.
>>
>>58083775
+1
>>
What's wrong with VLC? It's played everything I've thrown at it so far. Why should I consider switching over to mpv or mpc-hc?
>>
>>58083820
Thats how you do it bub
>>
>>58083156
anyone?
>>
File: 1479983327385.png (1MB, 688x1436px) Image search: [Google]
1479983327385.png
1MB, 688x1436px
Any of you have this infograph in a legible resolution/quality?

Please, I don't know where to look for this
>>
>>58081917
What are the hardships about converting a docx file into a non-buggy epub file?
>>
>>58083997
I googled the first phrases and I think I found the original. It was from some forum post, so I just copied the post and put into a pastebin. The link to the forum itself is at the bottom of that wall of text. Also, the first word is "Feminization", not "eminization". I mistakenly copied it wrong, and I'm lazy to fix it.

http://pastebin.com/TU4iAimq
>>
Does anyone know how to read DICOM files in GNU Octave?
The dicom package doesn't work because there's no GDCM 2.0 version of this library available online anymore and it doesn't work with 2.6.6

I don't want to use Matlab because muh freedom.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
How do I block LogMeIn's Hamachi messenger from my DNS?

I've tried aali.hamachi.cc, bibi.hamachi.cc, logmein.com, std.hamachi.logmein.com, vpn.net, and hamachi.com. They don't seem to work. I'm sure if I block the entire category of instant messengers or whatever it'll work, but is there a specific address I can use to block it?
>>
How hard is it to repair a cracked monitor? I have an Acer GN246HL monitor and it's fucked. I contacted Acer and it still has warranty but they don't fix monitors so I have no clue what the warranty is even for.
>>
File: Untitled.png (256KB, 724x406px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
256KB, 724x406px
HOW do i stop youtube ruining the last 10s of the video with this popup bullshit??????!?!?!?!?
>>
>>58084245
turn off annotations
>>
what's the best free data recovery tool? or it pretty much doesn't matter?

have to go hunting for a file
>>
How can I write a bat file that changes a few values and runs itself over an over again
It's for demuxing blurays so it would go like

eac3to "bluray files" [episode number]) "C:/demux/[episode number]\file"
>>
Bumping for this >>58084198
>>
>>58084737
Recuva works well enough
>>
Any program to automatically stretch 16:9 programs running in full screen to 21:9?
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 819x134px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 819x134px
Is there a way to hide drives/partitions from My Computer in Windows 7 without removing the drive letter/path in the Manager?

I already tried Group Policy, but it doesn't let me select the drives in the dropdown for whatever reason.
>>
Are the Motherboard batteries very important? I'm puzzled about how I fixed my computer

I was getting random reboots, sometimes the PC couldn't even boot after the random resets, I got no BSOD.

So after a while getting those, the PC wouldn't boot, the CPU fan wouldn't spin, I tried switching cooler, I use a 212 evo, but the stock cooler also didn't spin. I tried clearing CMOS but it didn't work.

I tried tons of things, cleaning, removing the CPU and putting it back, and months passed.

Later I just took the mobo battery out for 10mins+, along with another clear CMOS and suddenly my PC boots perfectly fine.

What exactly happened?
>>
>>58081917
there was a recent update to windows 10 computers which put them offline, look for the update fix. for my sis's computer i disabled ipv6 and it fixed it. note the .0. in the ip address means its not connected.
>>
I downloaded a pack of 2800 files and for whatever reason the owner titled them in the format "XXXX - " and I need a basic script to rename all of them, I don't know much code, I tried this
@echo off 
setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion
for %%i in (*) do (set name=%%i && ren "!name!" "!name:~7!")
endlocal

but it didn't work out, it renames the .bat itself, and if i replace (*) with the path it replies "path not found". Can you guys help me out?
>>
>>58084867
it's an archbox.
>>
Want to say thank you, i really mean it, I just realized that you actually took the time to transfer it to pastebin - I thought you just copy pasted the link

I didn't know that it originated from /pol/-tier stuff, but if we're going to be honest with ourselves we cannot continue to just brush reality aside either

I actually plan on applying this all to my life, I had already known some of it, but others I did not. Who knew organic soap was a thing? I've never seen it in a store.
>>
>>58084387
they are off!

it won't go away
>>
File: IMG_20161218_024411.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_024411.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
I want to remove the LED function cable from the back of my computer monitor. But it is concealed with difficult to peel-back tape. It is like foil. I tried peeling it back without breaking it but it came apart. Is it electrical tape?

I haven't removed the cable yet, I'm not sure if it's even able to be removed. I'm careful not to yank it out in case it's not meant to come out. Anyone familiar with these cables or the connection?
>>
Did i do this is the worst way possible?
The program is supposed to get a number 1 - 100 as many times as the user wants and then sorts those numbers into a graph like this:
1-10 : *****
11-20 : **
21-30 : *****
etc.

public class PP64 {

public static void main(String[] args) {
Scanner scan = new Scanner(System.in);
int input = 1;
String[] star = new String[]{"","","","","","","","","",""};

while(input < 101 && input > 0){

System.out.print("Enter # 1-100: ");
input = scan.nextInt();

for(int i = 0;i < 10; i++){

if( input <= (i*10)+10){
star[i] += "*";
break;
}
}
}

for(int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
System.out.println(((i * 10)+1) + "-" + ((i*10)+10) + "\t -- " + star[i]);
}

}
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-20-11-44-30.png (871KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-20-11-44-30.png
871KB, 1440x2560px
Okay /g/ I have a question perfect for this thread.

I recently built a new PC and I'm pretty happy with it. The fans are a bit loud (Corsair Spec Alpha case) but it's not that bad. What is bad however is the drive. I use an SSD for my OS, but for mass storage I use a Toshiba 2TB HDD and it's fucking crazy loud. My PC seriously sounds like a 1999 PC rattling like crazy.

Are Toshiba HDDs shit?
Is there something I can do?
>>
>>58085240
Toshiba drives are notoriously loud, but the tradeoff is that they have a near-zero failure rate, rating higher than WD on most benchmarks.

I actually just installed a 3TB myself. It's slightly louder than the WD Green I'm running, but I'd still call it relatively silent. Maybe it's a lottery.
>>
best used netbook under $100 that will run debian or fedora with a window manager and firefox with a few tabs open?
>>
>>58083570
sleeper
>>
Yesterday my Winblows 10 pc got stuck at the loading screen. I thought the hard drive might be fucky.

Tried installing windows 7 on a ssd I have, same thing happens. Tried using the windows ten usb formatter directly from microsoft, same thing happens.

Ubuntu from a USB boots perfectly.

What the fuck do I do?
>>
Which is better for a seed box? WD Black, Purple, Red or Gold? Seeding about 3,000 torrents 24 hours a day.
>>
Is there a way to set up Openvpn so it doesn't use the proxy for certain domains? Or do I just need to toggle it on and off when I need to?
>>
I setted up a music bot for ts3 thatt plays youtube links using the youtube-dl program. The question is: where do the music files go? Are them deleted once they finished playing?
>>
File: 2016-12-19-222102_1024x600_scrot.png (102KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19-222102_1024x600_scrot.png
102KB, 1024x600px
>>58085281
I'm using an Asus EEE PC 901 with Debian on it. It works fine for basic web browsing.
>>
File: mobo splash screen.jpg (577KB, 1424x898px) Image search: [Google]
mobo splash screen.jpg
577KB, 1424x898px
I bought a RX 470 to replace my HD5850. I cleared the drivers using DDU, then installed the RX 470. On boot, my motherboard splash screen was replaced with pic related, although I could still access my BIOS and my OS loaded fine afterwards. Turning off the image-based splash screen in my BIOS prevented the pixelated mess.

However, in games, my drivers would crash, causing the game's window to become transparent and unplayable. This happened across 3 different games running 3 different engines. I tried a reformat of my OS, same result. I tried older versions of the RX 470's drviers, same results. I've already RMA'd the card, but I was curious if anyone might have an idea what was happening.
>>
File: A new hope.gif (1MB, 540x160px) Image search: [Google]
A new hope.gif
1MB, 540x160px
whats the best VPN service? I mostly want to hide my VPN to torrent shit but hiding my web browsing is nice too.

I dont trust the top ten lists because the (((media))) promotes them too.
>>
File: meme.png (1MB, 1316x567px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
1MB, 1316x567px
The blue one looks better, right?

Price is about the same
>>
>>58085721
how's the inside?
>>
>>58085721
Depends on what you wear them with
>>
>>58085271
I bought it because of the low failure rates and the fact that they're really cheap here. Actually added on a 3TB one as well before considering that the sound might be due to the brand. If the 3TB is more quiet I guess I'll start using that as my main storage.
>>
>>58085721
Brown looks slightly better. that collar is pretty gross though desu senpai.
>>
>>58085281
>>58085598
+1 for the EEE PC 901. Max out the ram, throw in a small SSD and you've got a really good quick browsing machine with great battery life.
>>
File: 20160906_075514.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160906_075514.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>58085736
both in excellent condition, however the blue one is better on the inside - it has flannel lining

>>58085745
that is corduroy son

>>58085738
agreed

look what i got today guys, i asked about used clothing here a week ago and the results were 50/50 so i went ahead. what a pleasant surprise

the catch is though when trying to make a find, avoid anything that says "vintage", and also try to find things being sold by the actual person who owned them rather than a reseller

i bought an ll bean jacket that was $20 and it was fucking filthy, like so filthy i just bagged it and threw it away kind of filthy

i've never bought used clothes before in my life but now i'm sold, the one one the left was actually brand new only worn twice (and the seller wasn't lying), and the one on the right is definitely worn but is in excellent condition

i washed them both twice and dried them both times, and also the last time let it sit in the freezing weather, so extreme temp fluctuations could kill off anything, which i doubt there was though as these were both clean
>>
>>58085580
bump
>>
>>58085874
youtube-dl will save the file in the directory the command is used
>>
>>58085888
how do I know which is the directory used? (for ts3)
>>
My windows 7 hasn't been updated for at least 2 years because it's flagged as not genuine. If I were to install a more recent pirated copy would it have to be a fresh install? I have a shit ton of programs I don't want to re-install.
>>
how can i make my local sftp server available online?
>>
Do they still make dedicated mp3 players in the age of smart phones?
I sort of want one to leave in my car
>>
How does /g/ feel about this guide to 'anonymizing' the usage of a 23andme, the DNA/genetics testing and analysis website/company, kit?
>http://venturebeat.com/2013/09/20/how-to-use-23andme-without-giving-up-your-genetic-privacy/

I really don't like the idea of some corporation or government entity having easy access to my genetic fingerprint, but my family has a history of seriously medical issues that I would at least like to know about before I get old enough to potentially experience them firsthand.
>>
>>58085974
Of course. I don't know what's out there exactly, but I seem to recall /csg/ raving about the Xduoo.
>>
>>58085898
bump
>>
>>58085955
Just forward port 22 and use your public IP.
>>
>>58085898
Just google the default directory based on your server OS.
>>
>>58081917
anyone?
>>
File: 1476485707921.jpg (56KB, 920x730px) Image search: [Google]
1476485707921.jpg
56KB, 920x730px
If a cpu has integrated graphics, does that mean I should be seeing something on my monitor even though I don't have a gpu?
>>
>>58086077
well, what I initially meant was if youtube-dl, along with SinusBot deletes songs after they've been downloaded and played or keeps them
>>
Can someone link me to a good mousepad?
>>
>>58086108
yes
>>
>>58086183
With modern mice, it doesn't matter. The optics are very accurate anyway. Get literally whatever you want.
>>
Does Samsung not make OLED TVs? Can't tell if they don't, or if I'm just shit at looking
>>
Does this not make any sense or am I just stupid?

https://picard.musicbrainz.org/docs/scripting/#Functions
>>
>>58086082
Dont rely on ping memes, can you contact your gateway?
Look at the output of tcpdump -X host 192.168.0.1 -i wlo1 ... do you see any ARPs?

Do you have any entries in your arp table? arp -a

Routes?
>>
>>58083635
Just get an RX 460 ($100)
slap 8gb of ram in your toaster ($50)
get a CPU with at least 3ghz ($100) (may need a mobo, costing another $50)

boom, you can play red knife simulator on max settings with 100 frames
>>
is there any website that measures input lag of tactile screens in smartphones?
is there any modern smartphone with a decent amount of buttons rather than just the tactile screen?
>>
>>58086320
it says 15 packets captured and recieved by filter 0 dropped by kernel

what utility do i need to use arp commands?
>>
galaxy s4 or iphone 6?
>>
>>58086320
>>58081917
>>58086461
grab arp-scan from your local package dealer
#arp-scan 192.168.0.0/24
You should see atleast you and your router
>>
>>58086483
this is what i get

?(192.168.0.1) at 554:b8:0a:11:36:56 [ether] on enp4s0

that's it

oh and arp scan didn't have the command, but i downloaded net-tools from core.
>>
Should I be seeing these on Firefox?

Should I change these... If so.. How?
>>
>>58086472
the cheapest one thanks
>>58086517
thats probably noscript ? or chinese letters your PC doesnt have
>>
>>58083156
th<sup>i</sup>s

or
th<span style="bottom:5px; position:relative">i</span>s
>>
>>58086511
Thats going through your wired nic, do you have some kind of chat to link to so we can speed this up?
>>
>>58086534
sure, do you have a discord?
>>
>>58086546
albatross#5204
>>
>>58086108
the integrated graphics is a small gpu in the cpu
nothing fancy
>>
>>58086524
They're emojis.... They don't work in Vivaldi either (A Chrome skin, from what I gather)
>>
Which driver do I download to be able to connect to the internet on a fresh install of Win 7?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H77M/?cat=Download&os=Win764
>>
>>58086226
No. They're working on new panel tech apparently.
>>
>>58086690
"Realtek LAN Driver"
>>
>>58086722
Thanks mang
>>
File: 1456294911253.png (68KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1456294911253.png
68KB, 256x256px
>>58081917
What do you guys use for backups? I used to use Areca, but development on it seems dead and I can't get it running on Windows 10

I'd prefer something cross-platform, since even though I primarily use Windows I do spend a lot of time in Linux, but this isn't a huge requirement.
>>
>>58086721
Damn. Guess I'll go LG. Thanks anon
>>
Is there any way of running osx on a pc without having previously owned a device running osx, and how would i go about doing it?
>>
>>58087002
pirate osx
run in vm
download legit copy
install it
>>
File: 2012-05-26 11.47.07.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
2012-05-26 11.47.07.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
The mobo for my first pc build only has one sys_fan header, but my case has two fans that are independent of each other. My fault for not doing the research before I bought it, I know.

Is there a cable I can buy to connect both fans to the header?
>>
Where do I get an old unused GTX 6** card?

I need it to be sub-$100
>>
is there a spotify ad blocker ?
>>
is just streaming my phone to chromecast impossible? i want to play music through it and stream web browsing.

what about streaming my pc through it?
>>
File: wtf1.jpg (108KB, 606x374px) Image search: [Google]
wtf1.jpg
108KB, 606x374px
I have an issue with my browser. Assume I have an address (www.botnet.com) If I select the entire address and right click it shows options for opening a new window / tab / whatever. However If I select an address that ends in anything besides a (.com) or such it doesn't list options for opening the page. I have to copy it to the address bar. I'm using Firefox 50.1.0 (Latest stable) Anyone ever have this issue? What can I do besides change browser?
>>
I have a Chromebox hooked up to a TV using HDMI. After a period of time or if I switch inputs, I get no signal until I reboot the machine. I'm assuming it's from the HDMI handshake or whatever.

The Chromebox also has display port I believe. If I bought a display port go HDMI adapter, would that fix my issue? The only other input the TV has is VGA.
>>
Does LastPass disable the ability to drag and drop files to upload them? If so is there a way to re-enable it?
>>
how do i copy my files to an ssd and make it my boot drive?

don't even start to talk about bios boot order, because i'm well educated in that. i need to know how to clone system files and indicate that the partition is responsible for boot
>>
File: 1376010043237.jpg (113KB, 349x367px) Image search: [Google]
1376010043237.jpg
113KB, 349x367px
>try and scroll down on mouse
>fights to go up
>try to scroll up
>fights to go down

What is this BULLSHIT, do I need a new one? It's roughly 2ish years old, come the fuck on. Steelseries Rival by the way
>>
What's the point of Haiku OS? What can it do that other OS's can't?
>>
>>58087339
Never mind I got it
>>
>>58087457
>ho to move my hdd to a ssd
clonezilla
>>
>>58083630
What do you use and how is your keyboard layout setup? I might be able to help with more info. Give me info about
>Keyboard
>OS
>Settings
>Layout of Keyboard
>>
can i use an ATX psu with a microATX motherboard?
>>
>>58087551
yes
>>
>>58087560
yes as in yes 100% or yes as in
>well the molex connectors are the same
>>
>>58087470
Are you using MacOS by chance? Also what mouse do you have?
>>
>>58087577
yes 100%
>>
>>58087647

Win 7, and I said SteelSeries Rival m8
>>
>>58087470
try taking it apart and removing the grime buildup
>>
>>58087680

Anything I can read on how to safely do that? Sounds like one mistake and it's fucked.
>>
>>58087308
>>58087308
>>58087308
>>58087308
>>
Is there a difference between a programmer and programmer analyst
>>
>>58087796
try craigslist
>>
Can anyone confirm me if MSI Z97 PC MATE PCIe slot work at x16/x4 or x4/x4?

Should i ask MSI?
>>
File: 325645656.png (70KB, 1335x283px) Image search: [Google]
325645656.png
70KB, 1335x283px
I'm a fucking idiot who doesn't know code even for a simple shortcut, so I'm begging for help:

%COMSPEC% /C .\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe -conf "dosbox.conf" -conf "dosbox_single.conf" -noconsole -c exit

This is a shortcut in the pictured file folder. If I run that shortcut, the program starts up fine; however, if I try to make a desktop shortcut or copy it to the desktop, it won't run. What do I need to alter for the desktop shortcut to work?
>>
>>58087693
try spraying a little wd40 in their
>>
>>58087852
pirate the gog version
>>
>>58087965
Well I have a few other dos games that came in this format, so a solution for this one will help me with the others which aren't on gog.
>>
>>58087852
make the .\DOSBOX\DOSBOX.exe point to your actual dosbox.exe directory.
the full pathname like C:\Document\dosbox\dosbox.exe or whatever
>>
File: HiC Ecto cooler reciper.png (750KB, 885x911px) Image search: [Google]
HiC Ecto cooler reciper.png
750KB, 885x911px
>>58088047
Thank you for your help, have an Ecto Cooler recipe.
>>
>>58088097
wait, what is this?
>>
>>58088147
Substitute for an old HiC flavor of drink based on ghostbusters. It's not bad.
>>
File: EvilChinkware.png (21KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
EvilChinkware.png
21KB, 600x600px
TL;DR: My dad went to China on a business trip and didn't use a burner phone. He came home and synced his iPhone with his Macbook Air. I'm concerned about scary Chinese malware/spyware/whatever spreading to our other PCs (including mine).

Question: In order for chinkware to actually reach our other PCs, it would have to move via the path in pic related. That's iOS (ARM) →OSX (x86) →Linksys WRT1900 firmware (ARM) →Windows/Linux (x86). Realistically, is that kind of OS/firmware and CPU architecture hopping even possible?

(I asked this in the last /sqt/, but I'd like more opinions.)
>>
>>58088260
autism and paranoia
only israel could infect you like that
>>
What's a good case that can fit a Fury X and a 180 MM PSU? mITX or mATX
>>
>>58088186
It came back over the summer, but I don't know if it's still around.
>>
what's a diy camera drone for under 200 bucks?
>>
for W10 is there any reason not to get the key off kinguin or similar? it is like 20% the price compared to MS store.

i've used W7 for the last 6-7 years, mostly on a key like that.

not going to use a 3rd party activator
>>
>>58088546
W10 is literally free

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
>>
File: Veteran's Discount.png (790KB, 1279x737px) Image search: [Google]
Veteran's Discount.png
790KB, 1279x737px
Is this a relatively safe Windows XP torrent?
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4535425/Windows_XP_Professional_SP3_-_Activated

If it's not, then what is, or how do I find one?
>>
>>58088668
no its a rootkit
>>
>>58088743
How do you know that?
How do I avoid rootkits?
>>
>>58088668
make sure it has a matching hash, other wise
COMPROMISED
>>
File: 1479137556905.jpg (109KB, 750x735px) Image search: [Google]
1479137556905.jpg
109KB, 750x735px
I'm wanting a new 1080p display, but I honestly don't know what to get. I'd prefer OLED, but it seems the few 1080p OLED TVs I can find are still 1,500-2000USD. I just want something with great color reproduction and dark blacks. Something like you'd see on Samsung's SUHD TVs, but not 4k because 4k isn't that great for gaming yet. Dont want anything under 32 inches either, since I sit some distance away from my screen. Any ideas?

Pic for attention and possibly payment. I have way too many memes and could stand to dump some
>>
>>58088653
>https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Can you still downgrade at any time if you use this? Is there a retard's guide to blocking all of the invasive shit w10 does?
>>
>>58088921
>payment in memes
I'm going to need a down payment
>>
>>58088922
If you're worried about "all the invasive shit" from windows 10, why would you downgrade?
>>
File: 1455654158479.png (157KB, 516x440px) Image search: [Google]
1455654158479.png
157KB, 516x440px
Any decent IT asset software around?
>>
>>58088947
Like what?
>>
>>58088938
If you can help a brother out, I'll give you 10 of my dankest. Want 'em edgy, political, or more silly?
>>
>>58088968
silly. I'm feeling dour lately.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482131058985.jpg (39KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482131058985.jpg
39KB, 480x854px
>>58088970
Then so it shall be
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482036138100.jpg (66KB, 500x920px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482036138100.jpg
66KB, 500x920px
>>58088970
Also, I'm going to sell your spleen on the black market if you're just using me for my dank memes, you dirty meme stealer
>>
File: FB_IMG_1481917421658.jpg (36KB, 594x592px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481917421658.jpg
36KB, 594x592px
>>58088970
>>58089010
>>58089024
>>
>>58089010
>>58089024
>>58089036
>FB_IMG
is this the joke?
>>
>>58088793
What do I match the hash against? Is there something official on microsoft.com?

Or is it enough if it matches on the torrent page?
>>
>>58089056
>being so autistic that you can't enjoy a picture from the Internet because it's from Facebook
>>
File: 1478354740353.gif (4MB, 192x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478354740353.gif
4MB, 192x270px
Someone reply please...

>>58088260
>>
>>58089087
>from Facebook.
The fact that inbetween it's creation and arrival infront of your computer, someone uploaded it to Facebook, and someone else downloaded it from Facebook, while the creator may have never had Facebook in mind, just makes the whole thing more autistic.
Also gotta shit on all those tumbler images you found on a basic google image search.
>>
Long time Linux user, finally bought a SSD today for my desktop, and decided to install Windows 7 as dual boot.

The driver CDs I had for my hardware were all like three years old, is there anywhere in the Control Panel where you can see a list of drivers/programs installed and check them all for updates? Or how do you generally keep stuff up-to-date?

Control Panel is completely different since last time I used Windows on my own computer (XP, ~2005). Mostly be using it for Steam, so not a huge issue I guess, as Steam will keep all the games up to date.

>mfw the NVIDIA utility actually calls my computer "My Rig"
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482186545912.jpg (33KB, 870x644px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482186545912.jpg
33KB, 870x644px
>>58089126
I'm in meme groups on Facebook that see memes at the same time they start popping up on /b/. It's not like I'm getting these off of Best of Tumblr or Trollface or some other meme page that basically just cycles shit off of Reddit and Tumblr. Fact of the matter is that you decided to have a shit fit because the file name was not to your liking
>>
>>58089163
the pinnacle of autism
>>
File: Cold Sore man.png (199KB, 435x527px) Image search: [Google]
Cold Sore man.png
199KB, 435x527px
>>58089163
Are these torrents safer?
https://torrentz.to/Windows-XP-Professional-SP1-download_torrent-D3A07051E50EA616A5BC523F398B9CAD058E2B07.php
https://torrentz.to/Windows-Xp-SP3-Ghost-with-all-drivers-download_torrent-F7D790ABC1FA933058DF3D46DCB021BD06C1CBBF.php
>>
>>58089139
> is there anywhere in the Control Panel where you can see a list of drivers/programs

Sort of. Device Manager lists all of the hardware connected to the PC, and what driver versions you're currently using. The Remove/Uninstall page (I forgot what its actually called atm) shows all of the programs currently installed on the computer.

> and check them all for updates?

Ehh.. Device Manager has a thing to "check for new drivers" but I've never bothered with it. There's no real centralized way to check for new versions of software.programs. Overall, the hardware/driver experience is a lot easier to work with on Windows than Linux, simply because of Device Manager. (I say that as a person who uses Linux for almost everything except games).

> Or how do you generally keep stuff up-to-date?

Beyond GPU drivers, I don't generally feel the need to constantly be upgrading my drivers, so long as they work.
>>
>>58089179
Basically. You (or he) started being autistic, and then I started being autistic. It's a mess. All I wanted to know is if there were any decently priced TVs that could give me good, natural looking images and dark blacks, and it devolved into crippling autism

>>58089180
On the off chance this isn't bait, I wouldn't use a public tracker for something as important as an OS, nor would I use something as horrifically outdated as WinXP
>>
File: RockwellPhotoGlobe_retouched.jpg (433KB, 1240x999px) Image search: [Google]
RockwellPhotoGlobe_retouched.jpg
433KB, 1240x999px
>>58089218
>I wouldn't use a public tracker for something as important as an OS
How hard is it to get into private trackers, and how long would it take me (days, weeks, months) to find Windows XP on a such a thing?
>outdated as WinXP
Win7->8->10 are all botnet.
>>
>>58089097
man real life isnt like a movie
>hurr plug usb into computer and entire network is down!1!11
like what if i went to space with an iphone and i synced it to my pc when i returned
>SPACE AIDS
>>
File: 1428467116906.gif (471KB, 474x379px) Image search: [Google]
1428467116906.gif
471KB, 474x379px
>>58089163
>I enjoy being spoon fed epic maymays
>I love /b/s "lol so randum xD" style of humor
>>
>>58089237
>memes are a serious matter.
>YOUR NOT MEMEING SERIOUSLY ENOUGH.
>>
>>58089163
wow this is petty bad
>>
>>58089233
Honestly, I don't know anymore. Only non-gaming public tracker I was ever in was Demonoid, and it's dead. The current site is just a front for malware and all sorts of nasty shit. That was also almost 8 years ago. If you're okay with tempting fate some, Kickass worked for me usually.

I can respect wanting to keep your privacy, but if the NSA wants to know something, using an outdated OS isn't gonna help you unless you build your own security patches and hide behind a physical firewall
>>
>>58089233
xp is shit dude, its over 15 years old at this point and you've gotta download all the drivers yourself
i mean based on your posts you where either born after XP released or 50 years prior
>>
>>58089295
>i mean based on your posts you where either born after XP released or 50 years prior
Interesting. Tell me how you extrapolated all that?
>>
>>58089292
>if the NSA wants to know something
There's a difference between preventing yourself from getting hacked by an agency thats ACTIVELY hunting you down, and preventing basic sweeps THAT HAND THEM FREE INFO.
>>
>>58082526
Modular all the way - It is a dream for cable management (and Airflow).
>>
>>58082421
Zip ties
>>
File: 200px-Neckbeards.png (51KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Neckbeards.png
51KB, 200x195px
How can i disable internet in host and just VM's can connect, this possible? My idea is one host very security without connection, just VM's can connect with internet.
>>
>>58089163
You'd better be careful, anon, your schoolkid is showing.
>>
>>58089236
Intellectually I know this, but I kinda want to hear other people say it, if that makes any sense. I've been extraordinarily careful with our network, and it bothers me that this risk (even if its virtually no risk) was taken.
>>
>>58089336
Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1481234122390.jpg (41KB, 882x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481234122390.jpg
41KB, 882x960px
>>58089292
*private trackers. I've stayed up entirely too late to keep my sentences straight. Hope I helped and redeemed myself some. Can't wait to come back to this thread after a good night's rest and cringe at the utter autism I ushered in with >>58089163
>>
>>58089292
>If you're okay with tempting fate some, Kickass worked for me usually.
Is there any reason KickAss would be better then the sites I posted?
>>
>>58084846
The CMOS battery is used to keep the configuration of the BIOS, the RTC (clock) and some other stuff that you want to preserve when a powerloss ocurrs (but needs to be storage-independent).

Thus you cleard really everything that might have been misconfigured but may not have been reached by the cmos clear.

But what exactly happens depends on how the motherboard is designed. I've already seen motherboards without a battery (propably a rechargable somewhere on the PCB, or a small capacitor).
>>
>>58081917

What's a good book for android development? Preferably with a project from start to end.
>>
>>58083718
1080 144
>>
>>58089211
Okay fair enough. I'll now proceed to rape my Internet connection and download all my Steam games.

Device Manager looks the same as it did back when I last used it, which is comforting. KDE's got something similar to the Device Manager, can't remember what it's called but I remember the icon is a green PCI card.
>>
>>58089314
Again, XP is so incredibly outdated that you'd need to make your own security patches to even make it viable anymore. There's a lot of nasty shit that XP is vulnerable to that more recent iterations of Windows are not because it stopped getting patched. If that's something you want to do, go for it, but don't expect to stay free of viruses and malware easily otherwise
>>
File: 1231233123.png (324KB, 642x441px) Image search: [Google]
1231233123.png
324KB, 642x441px
>>58089350
I not understand anything u said.
>>
>>58089376
Not necessarily. I have personal experience with Kickass, so I'm just more inclined to feel comfortable with it. Never had a problem with anything on it before, granted I wasn't trying to go for an OS
>>
>>58085226
It could be worse. But what you are doing is testing every bucket whether the number goes into it, kind of like a child that tries to get the wood block into the toy box (You know, where the cube goes into the rectangular hole and so on).

It may be better to know beforehand where it goes:
You need to map your input 1-100 to the numbers 0-9 (array indicies). If you do floor((input - 1)/10), you directly know where it goes and can save the for-loop.
>>
File: 1473434187427.png (713KB, 1260x2016px) Image search: [Google]
1473434187427.png
713KB, 1260x2016px
Realistically, how long can you sit on old graphics drivers? AMD turned into a total meme with 16.12.1 and I don't really want any of the ReLive bullshit on a 200 series GPU. Entirely stopped gayming earlier this year, so my main PC is just a glorified Win7 shitposting machine with some Autodesk software on it.

>falling for the AMD meme
I fucking know.

Can I just stall on 16.11.4 until I need to actually look into upgrading shit hardware-wise? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>58085530
OpenVPN is not a proxy. Read into ip routing tables, that should help.
>>
>>58085281
Get a Chromebook and flash the BIOS
>>
>>58085715
I like mullvad - you can pay with btc and it offers a short free testing period (3h, but really no info about you needed). But in the end, it comes down to trust.
>>
>>58087428
That's happening to me also. I think it's a glitch in the os. Are you on Canary?
>>
so this is not very technolo/g/y related but still

long story short

>i was interning for a place
>they tell me you need to have a business practicum course at the uni (joint program between uni and them) to be able to "technically" intern there after like 2 months

i'm not super mad about it or anything, i wasn't even expecting to get paid even though they said might.

i'm just not sure if i should put it on my cv as experience since i did go to their place and was doing some work (again, not a lot, maybe like 5-10 hours a week top while studying as well) or not.
my cv is pretty shit since i'm a student and don't have a lot of experience, that's why i'm considering putting this down.

what do you guys think? I'm not sure where to ask so.
>>
I was trying to help a friend with his PC troubles. These are the events that led up to the problem.
- PC froze the fuck out, most if not all applications froze except for discord
- User noticed HDD clicking noise realizing the HDD was failing.
- Shut off the PC after everything locked up
- HDD died, but this HDD housed all of his games and shit. His OS and other various important files were kept on other drives or his SSD which is what the OS is installed on.

So now all they got was an error that the operating system could not be found. What would cause this error to exist? I've tried repairing the boot files multiple times, re-pointing the machine to the OS installation partition, and running basic disk checks to make sure there is no corruption. But it keeps coming back clean.

The only thing I could think of when going through forums is that somehow the letters for the partitions on the disk got reassigned and that is what is fucking with it. But could an external disk failure really change the disk letters and cause that much trouble? His OS holding disk was named D:\ rather than the usual C:\.

I wanted to hear some opinions on this and to see if a separate disk failure can cause this much damage to the SSD holding the OS installation.
>>
>>58089545
Edit: The OS in question is windows 10.
>>
>>58089390
>KDE's got something similar to the Device Manager, can't remember what it's called but I remember the icon is a green PCI card.

Oh, neat. I'll look in to it.

Thanks!
>>
>>58089545
>>58089554
Not sure about HDD failures, but the first response (which you'll probably get anyway if you ask anywhere else) you can add to a list of options is to reinstall 10 and go from there in terms of salvaging files. Media creation tool, create a bootable device, try to boot from there instead, etc.
>>
What software can I use to look for the real capacity of an SD card on Ubuntu?
>>
File: golftrump.png (245KB, 619x426px) Image search: [Google]
golftrump.png
245KB, 619x426px
How do I look decrypt my harddrive and/or make baobab usable? I know my password so it shouldn't be hard, right?
>>
>>58089612
That's the concluding plan at the moment. Just say fuck it, make a new OS parition, reinstall the OS and migrate all important files over to the new OS installation and just dropping the old installation.

I was just kind of curious about how it got fucked this bad so I could understand for future reference.
>>
>>58089612
By device I also mean that I THINK you can use a USB drive to do it. Never fucked with 10 largely because of this being the only option to really reset everything if shit hits the fan.

Also yes, anything external can potentially fuck up Windows 10 boot processes. A hilariously common tip I've seen is to remove any external or USB devices if it hangs too long trying to boot up. Supposedly that ends up fixing people's issues if the problem is getting the PC to fully start in the first place.
>>
File: crypto.png (236KB, 1279x739px) Image search: [Google]
crypto.png
236KB, 1279x739px
>>58089638
>pic related.
>>
>>58089646
I wouldn't be surprised at all if your assumption about the letters switching was what caused it. From the mess of 10 issues I've either seen or dealt with, it's not out of the picture, although I have no idea why it would do that.
>>
>>58089531
Do it. It's decent experience even if it seems like nothing.
>>
Each byte of a .WAV's array (past the header obviously) is just an amplitude value, right?

If I divided each index by 2, it would be half as loud?
>>
would a sata+power to usb cable be powerful enough to power an internal dvd player externally? i really dont want my dvd player to make that slight noise when you turn on the pc
>>
>>58089633
fdisk

if you have a card reader that doesn't identifies as a plain USB flash drive, try mmcblkX (partitions are mmcblkXpY)
as: mmcblk0 mmcblk0p1
>>
>>58089433
unless the driver has some kind of bug that will surface later, you can go on as long as you like.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 322x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 322x371px
Is there any way to force Windows volume to only move in multiples of 5? I have really bad autism so I never use anything other than those volumes.
>>
>>58089336
type of you're internet? do you use a router?
>>
>>58089931
No. Only switches. Routers are a botnet.
>>
>>58089937
I can recommend assisted suicide or fucking off back to >>>/b/ in that case.
>>
>>58089941
Where do I download a suicide driver for Windows 7?
>>
>>58089844
No, you need the 12V rail to run the motor, which the USB adapters without separate power in don't provide.
>>
>>58089926
https://sourceforge.net/projects/volstep/?source=typ_redirect

literally the second result with google

edit the volume step value in the start batch file to your liking. worked for me in win10 x64
>>
>>58089666
crypto magic
>>
>>58089991
what?
>>
>>58089991
This is BS.
>>
>>58081917
What chip is this in the image?
>>
Is there any good non-botnet android locker that can put a password on apps, like CM Locker? Bonus points if it supports fingerprint.
>>
>>58090011
>I fear the botnet.
>I trust technology with my fingerprint.
>>
>>58090016
Okay then, no fingerprint.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 640x861px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 640x861px
>>58089969
I know there are programs to do it and I kind of want to avoid those I hate shit running in the background, I already have a thousand program's in my system tray making my shit monitor work properly. Surely there has to be a Windows registry entry for the increments it adjusts it's volume at?
>>
>>58085721
i'd take the brown one but if you don't shop a lot the blue one is way more versatile.
>>
>>58090041
who dat
>>
I want to install a msata ssd in my laptop. Upon closer inspection I've found my msata slot but I have no idea how to tell what gen my sata is. I don't want to find out that my ssd speeds were cut in half.
>>
>>58085950
you'll be able to easily activate it and install whatever updates you want
>>
>>58090056
Not your gf
>>
>>58088653
is this legit?
>>
File: openvpn setup.jpg (302KB, 1253x1500px) Image search: [Google]
openvpn setup.jpg
302KB, 1253x1500px
pls help, I still haven't solved the OpenVPN issue

I have DD-wrt installed, it has OpenVPN implemented so I decided to make a server.
It works, I'm connecting from outside from my laptop and I can browse with it (using it right now) but I cannot access my computer that's on the home network where the router is.
Home network is 192.168.1.0/24, VPN network is 10.1.1.0/24.
Router addresses are 192.168.1.1 and 10.1.1.1.
I can access both those addresses from either side (home PC and laptop outside) but I can't access the laptop from my home PC or my home PC from my laptop.

Pic related is a sketch of the network, my OpenVPN server settings, my firewall rules.
Here's the OpenVPN client config on the laptop:

client
dev tun0
proto tcp

remote <muhHomeIP> 1194

resolv-retry infinite

nobind
persist-key
persist-tun

ca ca.crt
cert muhCert.crt
key muhKey.key

ns-cert-type server
comp-lzo
verb 3
float

I pretty much have no idea how this works, but I imagine the routing is the problem. The home PC local IP is static so I guess I wouldn't mind routing directly to it, but don't remember how
>>
File: 1482233773864[1].png (19KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1482233773864[1].png
19KB, 320x320px
Why is it that I can type "postgreSQL size limits" into Google and get a table of results, yet nothing of the same exists for Oracle or mySQL?
>>
>>58083718
144 for gaming. 4k for anything else.
>>
>>58083708
Use a for loop. Compare each value. Set a bool flag to true, if any of the elements match your search.
>>
File: 51003_1404960907.png (30KB, 148x150px) Image search: [Google]
51003_1404960907.png
30KB, 148x150px
I've just built my first rig, /g/ents, but I've run into a small problem

My current monitor is old and VGA only, and my computer can only output to DVI or HDMI

Option one is hook it straight to my TV which is HDMI

Option two is buy a new monitor or an adapter

Are there any problems I might run into by using my TV as a monitor? Input delay, more to render, etc. or should I just go ahead and do it?
Furthermore, will a cheap adapter have any problems going from HDMI/DVI to VGA? Because I'm tight on cash and can't afford a new monitor.

I'm also using this for gaymin, mind you, so any input delay is a no-no
>>
I just noticed that dnscrypt-proxy can be used to block IP/domains. Is there any benefit to using dnscrypt-proxy for this purpose instead of using the hosts file?
>>
>>58090070
no it's a prank direct from microsoft
>>
Gonna format a thumbdrive to put into a television that it can read movies etc from it.

What file system should it be?

ext4?
>>
>>58090812
depends on what your tv can read
most likely ext* because linux
>>
>>58090041
the program itself is floss, so you can check the source code.
>>
>>58090812
FAT32 should work with anything. Modern devices can read NTFS, if your TVs firmware runs Linux, then try ext2-3-4
>>
>>58090466
Your DVI connector is most likely combo A+D output that can output VGA signal with a $2 DVI-to-VGA converter or if you have multiple DVI connectors, one of them can do this.

Using a TV as monitor also works.
>>
How would I get started on making a secure NAS, don't feel like reading on lifehacker/cnet pages.
Can you recommend any books/sites?
>>
>>58090896
Will there be any delay, resolution problems, etc.
That's my main worry
>>
>>58091000
The DVI connector outputs video data "realtime", the converter is passive and only connects certain DVI pins to their VGA counterpart.

Resolution is limited by the VGA standard, this shouldn't be a problem as you have a VGA monitor.
>>
Does MS Office provide anything Libreoffice doesn't?

Old copy of Office Home and Bnusiness I had just ran out of installs and the pirate copy of Office 2016 looks shady as fuck.
>>
How long does it take for a CPU and GPU to cool down after heavy load?

Just got a reboot while playing a game, and measured the temps with Core Temp and GPU-Z and they were in the 40 degrees c

Can I discard the overheating theory?
>>
So about powerline adapters you plug 1 into a socket then connect it to your router/modem with an ethernet cable and the you do the same with the second but connect it to your pc with ethernet right?
Also all powerline packs with 2 adapter right?
Like I wont have to order 2 of the same.
>>
>>58081917
Anyone have a reputable source on the history of Microsoft?
>>
How does a CPU die connect to the little pcb its on with the pins/contact pads?
>>
>>58091266
It only takes a few moments, if you're talking about measuring the temps after you rebooted and not under load those numbers are irrelevant.
>>
>>58091308
Yes
Read the sell info
>>
>>58091527
yeah that's exactly what I did, measured after the reboot.

So I read around and someone recommended to try Furmark while watching temperatures with HWinfo.

So I did a gpu stress test with that benchmark, my Gigabyte G1 970 goes to 71°C under load, seems to stabilize after 6~ minutes to that temperature, is it too high?

also I stress tested with furmark at my resolution, 1600x900, should I go 1080p or maybe 4k to put as much stress on it as possible?
>>
>>58091619
71C is fine
Resolution doesn't matter much unless you hit a CPU bottleneck with a benchmark which isn't likely
>>
I installed Windows 7 after installing Linux Mint on a completely blank hard drive. Now the Mint bootloader doesn't start (so I can pick what OS I want) but just Windows 7. How do I fix this?
>>
need to torrent some things but all sites are down, any recommendations?
>>
tech illiterate here. so I got a day off, I wanna relax and watch/read something about computer networking.
What is TCP/IP, DNS, IP address and other stuff.
Any recommendations? I prefer video lectures
>>
>>58091651
So I guess it could be the PSU causing reboots, weird because it is one of the newest parts of the PC bar the GPU and it's a good model, it's a Corsair HX 650
>>
I have three HDs in my tower, one with Windows installed and two storage drives

I'm replacing the one with an SSD and upgrading some parts, so I'll be installing win 10 fresh on the SSD.

Can I just hook my storage drives right back up to my new Windows installation and access them just as before?
>>
>>58092067
get new sites
>>
>>58092176
which ones, I don't know where t look.
>>
>>58083829
>What's wrong with VLC? It's played everything I've thrown at it so far. Why should I consider switching over to mpv or mpc-hc?
One word: seeking
>>
File: 1455771825770.jpg (33KB, 357x640px) Image search: [Google]
1455771825770.jpg
33KB, 357x640px
>>58081917
Are eGPUs efficient, or do they bottleneck heavily? How long before Current TB3 solutions are bottlenecking?

PCIe 3.0 x16 seems to have massively higher bandwidth than TB3 before even getting around to the overhead of making it work.

Has anyone compared performance between something like:
GTX 1080 over desktop native PCIe 3.0 x16 slot
vs.
Razer Core (for eg.) over TB3 for the same PC
>>
How to merge this two rules into one?
||youtube.com/pewdiepie$document
||youtube.com/*/pewdiepie$document
>>
File: 1428213396975.gif (3MB, 272x147px) Image search: [Google]
1428213396975.gif
3MB, 272x147px
LAN ports accept any kind of CAT cables, right?
>>
>>58092593
no
>>
File: 1480143334630.jpg (94KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1480143334630.jpg
94KB, 519x533px
last week my laptop broke, I used in it three different hdds, now I can recover the data stright away but there are some stuff I don't know how to get such as non completed torrent (would like to recover 100+ under qbit torrent), program settings, and passwords from the browser

I'm pretty sure the windows partitions wont boot on my desktop even if it has an intel cpu just like the lappy, any hint about this?

thanks
>>
File: 1468324457691.jpg (43KB, 344x353px) Image search: [Google]
1468324457691.jpg
43KB, 344x353px
I own a 144hz 1080p acer monitor and a gtx 1060 6gb. I run windows. In the nVidia settings when I set my refresh rate to 144hz my card idles at base clock and 4ghz memory and has been doing that for months. When I set my monitor to 120hz the card idles where it should at around 100mhz.
I've tried updating my card to the latest bios, I have the most up to date nv software and drivers. Is there any solution? I don't want to have to change my monitor's refresh rate every time I decide to play a game.
>>
File: 1396906645698.png (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1396906645698.png
49KB, 500x375px
I have an oldass laptop with Win XP on it. As i need to run some iso images on it, i downloaded the Virtual CD Control Panel software everyone seems to be recommending for Win XP. Hoever it freezes the fuck out of it as soon as I eject any image and try to load another.

Is there any better alternative (and I dont want alcohol 120%) for XP? Some old version of Daemon tools or smth? I just need to install some programs using ISO files.
>>
>>58092682
y u lie tho
>>
>>58092908
Winrar them
>>
I have a simple custom homepage that doesn't use CSS (I just used in line styling instead)

I want to add a second search box for searching japanese and I want the placeholder phrase to be in Japanese. It shows up as random ascii characters instead, even though the body font face is set to a Japanese font.

Is there anyway I can change this and show japanese characters in the searchbox?
>>
Why are capture cards so expensive?

I thought I'd get one to be able to record consoles, and also to possibly play PS3/360 on my monitors, of which sadly all 3 are not really compatible(1440p doesnt take it, stretches on 16:10)

Now I don't really give a shit, it would've been just neat, but what makes these devices so expensive?
>>
File: 1762358176239.jpg (6KB, 218x232px) Image search: [Google]
1762358176239.jpg
6KB, 218x232px
A while back I saw someone post a Linux terminal one liner to download all images from a thread. How can I do something like this?
>>
What's a TV with good, natural image and colors that isn't horribly expensive? Brother has a 55" Samsung SUHD and it has me really jealous. I'm not expecting image quality to be quite that good, and I don't want 4k either. Seems like everyone has given up on making quality 1080p panels, and I don't know enough about TVs to properly shop for one. Any ideas?
>>
File: o2177713.jpg (914KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
o2177713.jpg
914KB, 1920x1200px
Are there any compatibility issues using Win7 to play new games?
>>
https://www.data.gov/

This is searching through 193,141 data sets

Is it considered "big data"?
>>
How do I go about moving data from multiple hard drives into one?
All google gets me is how to make your conputer think multiple drives are just a single volume
>>
>>58093949
Moving?
>>
>>58093949
You just copy the data onto one hard drive?
Not sure what you're asking
>>
>>58093813
No. PC is actually the platform of development for most games to avoid this sort of fragmentation between Win8 - 10 Anniversary.

inb4 "hurr hurr games are made for consoles." No shit. I said it's the base development platform, not that games are made with PC in mind and consoles as an afterthought. All it does is reduce fragmentation issues, and it's easier to make high quality assets for PC and scale down than it is to make low quality assets for console and scale up, as devs did in the past
>>
>>58087402
Have you tried also selecting the http:// portion of the link?
>>
>>58093949
tried to copy your data? then you can delete it from the source drives if you don't need it there anymore. gotta do it somewhat manually in case you have duplicate names for folders/files, obviously or wtf is ìt that you want?
>>
Is there a way to get 4chan X to filter posts which contain the same line multiple times?

>e.g. this would cause my post to be filtered
>e.g. this would cause my post to be filtered
>>
Any Java devs here? Currently learning it, and today our lecturer claimed that (almost literally, gotta translate here) "setDaemon(true)" for Threads will attach it to the owner, where the owner can be the main() method, or any Class or method in our program, or any other Thread... and a daemon dies when the owner dies.

But experimenting around I noticed that setDaemon seems to "attach" the thread to the lifetime/scope of main(), regardless where inside the program a thread is started with this flag. Am I missing something?
>>
File: .png (1KB, 137x19px) Image search: [Google]
.png
1KB, 137x19px
>>58093550
Take a picture of your genitals on imgur or pomf.is and I will post the full solution
>>
>>58089529
Nah. I've got GalliumOS on mine so I can use it as a little emulation box with Retroarch.
>>
>>58094239
ok anon ;))))))))
http://imgur.com/gallery/QyEuYGw
>>
>>58094233
Wait, an even better question is: are daemon threads even attached to the main() of the program, or to the vm they are running in? Will demon threads continue to run after the application which started them has exited, until the vm only sees demon threads? I kinda feel really dumb right now, but that might be the booze...
>>
Why the fuck does Youtube's notifications system keep changing? It's like every time I log in it switches between the previous version and this shitty new one that looks like Facebook's notifications. How do I set it to only use the old version?
>>
>>58093949
tip: it's safer to do copy first, then delete when success
rationale: if moving many files across many folders failed, you're fucked on where to begin next. specially if your copy/move utility sucks ass
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.