[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is all that Linux shit on a "Technology" board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: tuxbeaten.jpg (69KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
tuxbeaten.jpg
69KB, 600x418px
I seriously thought that it was a technology board with some robotics, engineering, computer history, supercomputer threads but all I see are these Linux fanboys and fucking toys.
>>
I suggest reddit
>>
>>57850240
Mayhaps this thread >>57849280 shall suit your refined tasted better, m'lud.
>>
I don't think you understand the meaning of technology. protip: the word technology is derived from technique
>>
>>57850275
so get outta here with your ricing desktop linux to >>>/diy/ ot >>>/gd/
>>
>>57850240
Sorry OP, /g/ is just a huge circlejerk now.
>>
>>57850240
>>57850340

Fuck off, you dumb fedoratipping baby, go back to r e d d i t .
>>
>>57850240
>dosnt like that there are threads Only vaguely about technology
Makes a thread that has nothing to do with technology.
You are the problem friendo
>>
>>57850340
>gets mad at desktop ricing
>there aren't even any desktop threads on /g/ anymore
>>
>>57850240
this is b8
>>
>>57850240
Your thread isn't about technology at all. It's just pointless bitching.
>>
>>57851033
This. I agree with OP that /g/ has become a shitty circlejerk of "install gentoo" and spamming linux threads. I thought it was bad enough when it was a bunch of AMD vs NVIDIA threads full of "no drivers" and "house fires" but it seems /g/ prefers to be a meme spouting cesspool rather than engage in sensible discussion of the future of technology.
>>
>>57850240
linux is closely related to almost all of the interesting computing innovation, history and progress for the past 15 years at least.
if you're talking about ricing shit and people installing ubuntu their first time it's just a biproduct of the whole thing.
If you put a bunch of car mechanics in one forum, they'll discuss the technology in cars and techniques and so on, but they will almost definitely also make threads where they show off their own cars, talk about what they've done with them, or other somewhat off-topic threads. And you'll also get new people who want to learn.
>>
>>57851634
look at this newfag. /g/ have pretty much always been about installing gentoo. The AMD vs NVIDIA nonsense is not really /g/, but /v/ faggots who visit
>>
>>57851634
>future of technology

/g/ is in full agreement that the future surely will be
>autism
>cucks
>botnet
>ayy lmaos
and maybe
>muh singularity (just maybe)
>>
>>57852110
You forgot traps and pedos.
>>
>>57852110
Nah, just botnets, hypercontrol and 1984-as-a-service
>>
>>57850240
>supercomputer threads

The vast majority of supercomputers run Linux. The top 5 definitely do.
>>
>>57851625
4Chan in a nutshell
>>
>>57850240
>wtf I thought /v/ would be a board about video games but instead all I see are interactive movies and waifus
>>
>>57850240
leave, then.
>>
>>57850240
All I see are inane comments.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.