[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 41

File: High+end+laptop_72104c_5429520.gif (3MB, 283x189px) Image search: [Google]
High+end+laptop_72104c_5429520.gif
3MB, 283x189px
/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: >>57424089

If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.

I know a good bit about hardware, but I can't into programming and have never had a job before.

I want to get a job, maybe freelancing. I've been looking into Field Nation, wat do?

Does anybody have any experience with Field Nation or Work Market, or just general freelancing/contracting?
>>
What is the best torrenting client for Windows?
>>
>>57433509
I know I'm going to catch flak for this, but I still say uTorrent 2.2.1, as much as I hate the fact. I've tried many times to get away from it, but every time I do I find that the other clients either do not perform as well when seeding 600+ torrents at once (which uTorrent handles without a hitch) or has some other critical flaw that prevented me from using it long term.
>>
is there any way for me to dual boot the latest Ubuntu and my host win10 without USB, DVD etc?
>>
>>57433539
What do you mean "without USB"? You mean install it without USB? That will require some fiddling.

If you just mean dual booting two OSes on the same hard drive, then sure, that's easy. Just make two different partitions and install one OS to each, the rest should take care of itself most likely.
>>
>>57433509
Probably Deluge. Transmission if possible.
>>
>>57433554
Uhhhhhhh

This is the first time I've heard of partitioning a hard drive..

But yes I want to dual boot (have the option to choose win10 or ubuntu on startup) I'm just severely computer illiterate. Is there a YouTube video that can help me partition and accomplish this?
>>
>>57433613
You may actually be able to do it from the Windows or Ubuntu installer, just have the first one format the drive and create a partition smaller than the total space available, have the second partition the rest of the drive.

If not just google GParted or something, it's pretty self-explanatory and there's probably tutorials out there somewhere.
>>
>>57433613
If you want to dual boot, put GParted onto a DVD, then separate the drive into partitions.

Alternatively, you can resize the partitions after installing Windows (always install Windows first!), then install Ubuntu in the unallocated partition.
>>
File: on_melkin_tuntteen.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
on_melkin_tuntteen.png
37KB, 1127x685px
>>57433643
I think I'm in way over my head and I'll probably give up but thanks man
>>
Hate cmd.exe and thinking about making my Windows less of a game space and more of a work place.
If I were to replace it and make it more of a development area that I could still play my games on would I do cygwin or win-bash. Idk where to start, for development/ learning stuff like programming or concepts I usually boot into my Arch install but Im bored and wouldnt mind customizing Windows for once.
What do?
>>
File: Untitled.png (38KB, 1080x917px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
38KB, 1080x917px
Where does Windows 10 store monitor geometry configuration? I want to change it to play games with my bf but I need it to be the same after.
>>
You know those apps that let you take a photo of a page, select the corners, and get a "scanned" photo/pdf? Is there a website that does the same? I've tried googling around and cannot find something like it.
>>
I submitted a request to be excused from jury duty and now the page says

>Current Juror Status:

>Ended

Does that mean my request was approved already? But I just submitted it a minute ago... I was under the impression I'd have to wait a while for a person to get to it and look into it. It said "Summoned" before I submitted the request.
>>
I have a I5-4460, should i buy a cheap GA-B85M-D3H or save and buy a H97/Z97 motherboard?

What is the difference between 3 and 4 pin fan connectors?
>>
Which one is better?
uBlock or Adblock Latitude?
>>
>>57433940
uBlock Origin.
>>
>>57433701
Make a work VM for Windows and play games on bare metal.

You don't have to make choices nowadays because you can boot Windows Gayme Host, then run Windows Work VM, and an Archteenhobby VM at the same fucking time.
>>
Why is programming so fucking hard?
>>
File: 924_gtp_le_mans_and_944_turbo.jpg (1MB, 2977x2000px) Image search: [Google]
924_gtp_le_mans_and_944_turbo.jpg
1MB, 2977x2000px
>>57433509
Transmission, ignore the dumb fucks in this thread (there is a way to turn off seeding)

>>57433673
http://news.softpedia.com/news/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-and-ubuntu-linux-500635.shtml

>>57433920
https://hardforum.com/threads/understanding-3-pin-and-4-pin-case-cpu-fans.1411845/
>>
>>57433957
Have you tried both?
>>
After crashing intermittently, firefox suddenly decided it wasn't going to stop crashing. Specifically, whenever I tried to type anything at all into the address bar, or even when I tried to type stuff into search forms, I got a crash. I tried to reinstall it, I purged my history and my profiles, and nothing at all has gotten it to work. If anything, it got even worse because now I get a plugin container crash message whenever it crashes, too. How the hell do I fix this? Or at least, how do I get a clean, fresh install of firefox?
>>
I got a define r5 case. Is cleaning the dust filters enough?
Should I worry about the dust of the cables or just inside the pc?
I basically put it to its side below my desk so its facing my legs and put all the cables to its other side facing the wall so I dont see the bad cable managment.
>>
>>57434033
uBlock Origin is better because its pretty much a hosts list, it will block anything it attempts to connect to your PC.
>>
how to clean my mouse? its getting sticky and oily.
what about keycaps? Any way to clean them without having to wait a whole day for them to dry?
>>
File: mstsc_2016-11-07_19-41-54.png (158KB, 1341x661px) Image search: [Google]
mstsc_2016-11-07_19-41-54.png
158KB, 1341x661px
Fucking christ Windows 10.

Any ideas? Maybe some Metro app?
How do I actually determine what is shitting up my pagefile since resource monitor ain't giving me jack.
>>
>>57434077
Also, if it means anything at all, I ran ccleaner to clean up the registry earlier and had firefox updated with ninite. Those are the only things I can remember being different.
>>
>>57434124
And no "just ignoring it" is not the solution since Windows proceeds to bitch about it being out of virtual memory.

It's set to automatically manage but never actually goes down so once it DOES fill up, restarting is the only temporary solution.

It's bullshit.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478145968844.jpg (32KB, 771x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478145968844.jpg
32KB, 771x960px
How do I get rid of DNSunlocker ads on popcorn time and steam? They no longer show up for me in Firefox. Pic unrelated.
>>
Is it safe to put an i7 processor in a case designed for an i5?
>>
>>57434124
>>57434174
Could be a memory leak. When I first installed W10 I had an issue with one of my drivers for an old TV tuner or something that caused that.
>>
>>57434112
Piss on it
>>
>>57434087
ok desu senpai, I'm trying to figure out why the fuck pale meme keeps freezing as soon as I enter certain sites, so I'm cleaning up my addons
>>
>>57434174
just upgrade to 7 without any updates
>>
>>57433482
Is this a real thing that you can buy?
>>
>>57434238
I'd rather not have to deal with driver support.

Aside from this and the NSA Windows 10 is sufficient. However for some reason it finds a way to fill up the entire pagefile slowly over time, complain about it, then do nothing to fix it.

Maybe I should just disable it and yolo 4GB.
>>
>>57434279
Quit being a cuck
>>
>>57434320
Too late, trying out no pagefile now.

Suck my dick Windows 10.
>>
best ftp client for android?
>>
>>57433509
I like Deluge when it's not memory leaking, which is most of the time.
>>
Applefag here. I'm trying to download the latest OS via BitTorrent. The desktop is currently out of action and won't work until 10.12 is installed. Long story. I'm using a shitty Xperia E smartphone and slow limited public WiFi to dl the 4.7 GB file. But even now at 74.2% it's taken TWO weeks. Estimated 10 more days before it's finished. Respect to the man who provides me a well-seeded 10.12 torrent.
>>
how the heck do i customize grub on debian
on ubuntu i just used a ppa to get grub-customizer, on arch it was on the default or aur idk basically really simple why is debian so retarded
>>
>>57434015
Well, why the fuck do you want to be one?
>>
>>57434015
Hard how?

Picking a language?
Finding a problem?
Finding a solution (coding)?

Just do what's comfortable.
>>
>>57434834
oh shit i meant to post this on the linux one
>>
reposting from last thread
I'm in the market for a mic and some other voice recording equipment but am not really sure where to start.
Blue Yeti is universally recommended, but I haven't gotten a response as to what I should look for in accessories like pop filters
Also wondering what the best recording and video editing software would be for doing basic narration stuff on Windows 10
>>
what do I need to whitelist in ublock in order to get /adv/ to work right? I've added

>>>/adv/
http://i.4cdn.org/adv/
http://is.4chan.org/adv/

but it still wont update threads or let me post replies.
>>
>>57435167
*http://boards(dot)4chan.org/adv/
>>
Is there a program that can detect if an image is corrupted?
>>
Is there anything I can do to speed up a torrent when downloading?

I'm downloading this one 4.7 GB file and it's taken TWO weeks at 74.2% right now.
>>
Anyone knows batch? Found a script online. Want the "tvshow.info" file to be made in the parent folder instead of the folder the script it ran from...

http://pastebin.com/6JmKfd82
>>
>>57435327
Find a better seeded torrent
>>
>>57433482
I wanna buy that PC.

This days seems possible to make easy.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So my graphics card ate shit and died a month ago, and I'm planning on buying a new one on Black Friday/cyber Monday.

I'm kinda torn on what to pick up. My budget is $400-500, so a GTX 1070 fits in perfectly, but I'm wondering if it's worth springing extra for a 1080.

I mostly play pretty easy to run games. WoW, Dota, and Overwatch, with the occasional triple A title that grabs my interest. My justification for getting a 1080 is to be able to run these games at 1440, and at over 120fps.

Is a 1070 perfect for my needs? Or should I spring for the 1080?

Also I've heard that EVGA cards have been eating shit lately, which manufacturer should I look at instead? My friend has a MSI 1070 and has no issues.
>>
>>57433482
I need those articles about how linux mint hijacks package namespaces and how it's bad in general. Friend Shills linux mint like nobody's business need him to stop
>>
>>57434402
They all suck, I settled for AndFTP
>>
>>57435679
>that wallpaper
boy I had that like 7 years ago. mind sharing?
>>
File: cta_bg.png (73KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
cta_bg.png
73KB, 640x320px
How do I rip/extract the google halloween 2016 game? is it a swf and just encrypted or something?
>>
http://worcester.craigslist.org/sys/5830747546.html

Good buy? Yes or no? I'm looking for a desktop and I'm looking to drop about 600 or so dollars.

I've never built a desktop before and I wouldn't really be able to with my current situation.
>>
>>57435801
I wish I could, my computers completely unusable right now. I've been using my laptop for work and school for the past month. Every time I boot up my computer I get some crazy artifacting before my display driver crashes. It's not like my card is overheating either, it doesn't go above 50c

I made a thread asking for help a while back, but everyone just told me my shits fucked and I need a new card, even got some of my friends to help me troubleshoot.
>>
>>57433668
>>57433613
Ubuntu actually has a nifty slider and will detect windows when you go to install it
>>
File: 00t0t_99jiuYxMBIq_600x450.jpg (56KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
00t0t_99jiuYxMBIq_600x450.jpg
56KB, 600x447px
>>57435832
>http://worcester.craigslist.org/sys/5830747546.html
Might just need to upgrade GPU and repaste CPU
>>
T-Mobile is selling a rebranded version of ASUS RT-AC68U AC1900 router for $75. Is this a good deal for a router? I'm in need of a router asap. I want to get rid of my ISP's router and not pay them anymore.
>>
>>57435836
oh, sorry, i don't know about that. allies in crashing computers, though. my drive almost died on me so i had to buy a new one, my one external drive disconnects itself all the time, worst of all it's a laptop but i have to use its as a desktop pc because if i move the charger 1 microcentimeter it stops charging (even if i dont move it, it happens anyhow)... good luck boy
>>
>>57435832
What's your "current situation" that prevents you sticking together half a dozen registered and color coded components? The only tool needed is a screwdriver, and it's so easy a gamer can do it.
>>
Is /g/ still a queer space?
>>
>>57435923
It wasn't, until you got here.
>>
>>57435928
Am I really that influential? :D
>>
I want to run 7 monitors off my computer running windows 7
how do I do this without buying stupid expensive matrox cards?
>>
>>57435964
Are you a day trader?
>>
>>57435941
That influential, no. That queer, yes.
>>
File: maximum observation gopro.jpg (54KB, 391x469px) Image search: [Google]
maximum observation gopro.jpg
54KB, 391x469px
>>57436001
no I just like lurking
>>
File: Culinary_fruits_front_view.jpg (3MB, 3818x2540px) Image search: [Google]
Culinary_fruits_front_view.jpg
3MB, 3818x2540px
What's the best sports candy?
>>
>>57433482
what're some encoding or encryption methods that output as two characters and a space i.e X1 A2
>>
>>57436199
i ended up finding a way on my own thanks though!
>>
>>57436132
it should just be able to be opened in VLC
CUE is just a playlsit file
>>
>>57436132
wait for the cue
>>
So I'm running a HTC Desire 816 (Virgin Mobile) with Cynaogenmod on it because the bloatwere was so much on stock that I can only install like 4 apps. The issue is that for data, I have to run a fix for Virgin Mobile phones to reconnect to LTE whenever I get enter a area with no reception for LTE which involves me rebooting my phone and doing a dirty flash.

Is there any way around this? To try and force it to reconnect to LTE without having to reboot or am I fucked? On stock, it connected fine, it's just on Cyanogenmod it has issues.
>>
>>57436006
sick burn
>>
Does /g/ have a certified, recommended site to download OS .iso files? I've downloaded two different Win98 .iso's and none of them will boot on VirtualBox or VMWare, and the one that did didn't install the OS correctly.
>>
>>57435395
Get your current running folder and point it to ../ folder, or something like that
>>
Should I renew my FSF membership?
>>
Are straight guys still obsessed with anal sex?
>>
Does anybody have a ready to go syntax of ffmpeg for converting mp4 to webm from a certain time to a certain time?
>>
>>57436328
straight guy here
yee
>>
>>57433509
I use qBittorrent for public trackers because that built in search engine is comfy as fuck. Transmission for private trackers because I can leave it on all the time with basically no impact whatsoever.
>>
>>57436328
A lot of straight guys like anal for fetishistic reasons.
Some guys like that their girl is letting them do it even though it (may) cause discomfort.
Some guys like the taboo.
Some guys like it because it makes them feel more dominant.
Some guys like shit.
But yes, some guys like to pretend they're fucking a hairless cakeboi's lovehole.

Personally I think it's disgusting. That's where poop comes from.
>>
>>57436412
Babies are more disgusting than poop.
>>
>>57436337
Yes
>>
>>57436421
Only because they themselves poop. And vomit. And do horrible things to the objectively superior sex hole on their way out. And whine. And cost a fuckton of money. And are honestly pretty disgusting to abort too. God damn babies suck. I love not having balls.
>>
>>57436430
...can I have it please?
>>
File: 1455336057945.gif (2MB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1455336057945.gif
2MB, 275x275px
How worried should I be after a BSoD?

How worried should I be if I have 2-3 in the same week?
>>
>>57436449
Depends on what's causing it.
>>
>>57436438
Degenerate tranny faggot get out.
>>
Are WiFi extenders a meme?

I desperately need something to fix this fucking awful connection I get in my room.

If they aren't, what are some /g/ approved ones?
>>
>>57436463
Have you been alone in your room for so long you've forgotten cis women exist?
>>
>>57436463
I'm not a tranny though. I got testicular torsion when I was a teenager and my retarded Bible thumper parents punished me because they thought it was from masturbating when I complained about it. After a week it got really bad and they finally believed me when I was laying in bed screaming in pain so they took me to the hospital but by then it was too late.
>>
Winamp keeps crashing and I can't find any music players that I like to replace it. Tried AIMP, Foobar2000, and Clementine. Are there any good replacements?
>>
So I've been thinking about getting a Chromebook for Linux but I have one question, how do I buy a replacement battery for it when the old one dies out?

There's a particular chromebook model (Dell Chromebook 13) That I might get from a friend but I can't find battery replacements anywhere.
>>
>>57436328
They never were. Anal obsession is and always has been a symptom of mental illness.
>>
>>57436496
Foobar2000 is good.
>>
File: 26143775.jpg (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
26143775.jpg
46KB, 250x250px
>>57436490
I have no words. Holy shit.

Sorry bro.
>>
>>57436271
pls respond
>>
>>57433482
Looking to get a backup solution this season and repurpose some hardware I have laying around. Right now the plan is to set up a networked file share/NAS box running RAID 1 in case of drive failure and set it up as a target for regular file/image backups etc. You /g/uys have any tips/suggestions/critiques before i waste too much money?
>>
So I bought CyberGhost VPN in that Humble Bundle deal.

I'm seeing huge drops in speeds on it. From 35 mbps to like 1.5 mbps. Should I be seeing that? Are they really that sucky?
>>
>>57436528
Nah it's pretty much not a big deal. I take testosterone shots and have shit genes anyways so whatever.
>>
>>57436540
Try not to waste storage on stuff there's already a million copies of elsewhere, and follow the 3-2-1 principle. The 2 isn't very important.
>>
>>57436540
Tread lightly. It's a slippery slope from setting up a NAS to buying up random PCs at swap meets so you can play SysAdmin in your house.
>>
>>57436441
Not him, but I wrote this batch script for video conversion to webm using FFmpeg.

http://pastebin.com/wdz1EVtk

Hope it helps.
>>
>>57436595
>sysadmin at office offers me old server with dual Xeons
>decline because just powering costs more than a VPS
I get other useful stuff though. Being chummy with those fat shits pays off :D
>>
Is there any cell phone that isnt a tracking device
>>
What does /g/ think of https://onionshare.org/ for sharing a small file as anonymously as possible?
>>
>>57436674
By the nature of cell phones you can't prevent them from being tracked unless you put it in a faraday cage.
>>
File: cell-phones.jpg (52KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
cell-phones.jpg
52KB, 801x601px
>>57436674
There's a bare minimum the system must track to work at all.
>>
>>57436674
Not a functional one, no.

Your best bet would be to set up a voicemail box and check it or make any calls using a satphone you keep totally powered off when not in use.
>>
File: tumblr_og52saRitB1s06omvo1_1280.jpg (718KB, 1280x1803px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og52saRitB1s06omvo1_1280.jpg
718KB, 1280x1803px
Got Portal and Left4Dead set up to vertical split across two monitors. What other games can I play like that with my bf?
>>
>>57436735
Holy shit. This is some major autism.
>>
>>57433482
are hexdecimal and hex the same thing?
>>
>>57436815
no
one is base 16 the other is witchcraft
>>
>>57436735
Can we just abolish phone calls? They're the worst.
>>
>>57436837
What does your fat ass even have that's worth hiding so bad for? The only way the authorities are going to come looking for you is if you keep wearing that trenchcoat and fedora around that kindergarden offering sweets to the kids.
>>
>>57436836
are they decoded in the same way? I.e could a hex decoder decode hex and hexdecimal and vice versa
>>
>>57436867
No, hexes are typically Latin while hexdecimal is not a thing.
>>
>>57436853
I'm not that other poster. I just don't like being expected to drop everything and talk to a disembodied low fidelity voice.
>>
My computer turned itself off today twice, and this has never happened before.

Any ideas? I can post more relevant information.
>>
Where can I view peepeepoopoo comics?
>>
>>57436876
alright thanks, just changed my first commit message after a push
>>
>>57436881
Nobody is expecting you to do that, its just that any other way can be traced to a fairly small radius

With a satellite phone you are just traced to a continent unless someone goes to the effort of triangulating it, which is much harder to do for a satellite phone than a regular cell phone.
>>
File: cunnyshipment.jpg (32KB, 543x532px) Image search: [Google]
cunnyshipment.jpg
32KB, 543x532px
If I set up my own proxy server what determines the public IP address that the proxy has or is assigned? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but won't it be just a ISP assigned IP just like browsing regularly ?
>>
>>57436910
Yes. It's not magic.
>>
>>57436924
So what's the fucking point ?
>>
Ehat the fucking difference of the amd fury x and the fury?

Is it only the size of them and cooling devices that are different?
>>
>>57436932
Caching/filtering content. A proxy server increase your anonymity/privacy when it's hosted elsewhere. They were more useful with dial-up and web 1.0. Local copies of static pages could be save large organizations a bit of bandwidth.
>>
>>57436944
moar cores
>>
>>57436957

Alright I figured there would be no way to use a self hosted proxy to evade bans on sites, range bans as well. Just wanted confirmation.
>>
>>57435679
Pls respond
>>
>>57437028
>>>/v/
>>
I'm about to bite into the tablet meme

I want to mainly read manga and use the device as a portable windows machine, prefer light weight and keyboard cover and good quality ~10" screen

and for a family member I want to replace their old E8400 desktop with something fairly functional (light business work) that doubles as a tabet, mainly for netflix. usb ports and display out would be a good plus

currently considering the following

surface pro 2 i5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162214601972

Chuwi HiBook Pro
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272431421178

my only concern is the chuwi might be slow with the atom processor

and the surface might be a little heavy

if anyone with tablet experience has suggestions I'd love some advice

budget is ~$300 per device
>>
>>57436891
what does windows event log have to say? you should be able to find out if the shutdown was just software related or if it could have been hardware related
>>
File: zs3Qkst.jpg (127KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
zs3Qkst.jpg
127KB, 960x960px
Is this true?
>>
>>57437078
Yes
>>
>>57436891
What were you working on when it happened? Possible fan failures?
>>
Are all VPNs crappy? Why do my speeds drop so low even with this paid one I tried?
>>
>>57435679
do it, 1070 wont let you max out everything. If you are not doing it that means you are stuck with something that will play most games maxed out not all, and definitely you will notice that in the next couple of years.
I jumped from a 580 to a 1080. At this rate I believe this one will last me as long as the 580.
>>
>>57437071
It has Kernel-Power listed twice, I'm guessing that must be it.

>>57437099
I only had Chrome open at the time. My case fans and CPU fan are running fine, the PSU is set to Eco Mode, so I think it's fan only comes on under stress.
>>
>>57437125
pics of event log?
>>
>>57437112
post the following
>what VPN you tried
>speeds without VPN
>speeds with VPN
>your country
>country of VPN server you connected to
>>
I got single eight stick of ram
is two four sticks faster?
>>
>>57437135
yes
>>
>>57437078
>ethical consumption
Only if you raise your own chicken and grow your own corn
>>
>>57437144
how much faster
>>
File: Capture.jpg (26KB, 608x200px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
26KB, 608x200px
>>57437129
Did you want to see something else?
>>
>>57437130
CyberGhost VPN, ~35 mbps without VPN, ~3 mbps with VPN, I'm in the US, and I tried a VPN server in Canada and Japan.
>>
Should I become a house husband?
>>
>>57437158
cyberghosts a joke and has been known to snitch on users IIRC, I've used like 3-5 different vpns fastest in my experience is PIA
>>
>>57437149
google it
>>
>>57437150
details?
>>
>>57437171
$8 on that humble bundle deal for nothing then. Doesn't explain that speed difference though.

Private Internet Access VPN? Hm. Might check it out.
>>
>>57437200
cyberghost is the razer of the vpn world good for people who don't know better solutions exist give PIA vpn a try mate
>>
>>57437186
Not sure where that is.
>>
>>57436540
Use ZFS mirroring instead of RAID1 for the added protection against bit rot. If you have three or more drives, use RAIDZ for better space efficiency.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (30KB, 316x323px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
30KB, 316x323px
>>57437186
Is it this?
>>
What's the advantage of buying into the X99 meme?
>>
>>57434765
If your system is actually apple hardware, why can't you just download using the factory recovery partition? It should go way faster and have 100% less malware than a torrent.
>>
File: EDh3Gi[1].png (82KB, 1400x726px) Image search: [Google]
EDh3Gi[1].png
82KB, 1400x726px
>>57437252
https://www.maketecheasier.com/see-pc-startup-and-shutdown-history-in-windows/
>>
>>57437252
>>57437273
you could try a stress test and see if you can induce a crash

http://www.mersenne.org/download/

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

also watch temps
http://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/
>>
Can I use a NAS as a regular external hard drive?

I'm thinking about buying a consumer NAS with 2-4 hard drive slots and then just using it offline. Would this work?

Thanks /g/ in advance
>>
>>57433912
So nobody here has had to deal with this system before? Wondering if I need to keep checking back on the site to see if the status will flop back or if the issue is settled now. Didn't think it would be that easy.
>>
>>57437318
if it's connected to the network your computer is on that's fine

if for some reason you want to plug it in via usb/esata then look for something that has that
like a jbod device
>>
I just bought a H110M4-C23 motherboard, and put the following stuff on it:
a G3900 cpu
a GTS 250 videocard
4GB DDR4
(I know it's potato tier shit pls no bully)

I press the power button and nothing shows up on the screen, not even the motherboard bootup screen. The videocard fan doesn't spin and the PSU fans barely spin, could the PSU be the problem?

do I need a better PSU? this one is 600W
>>
>>57436596
Thanks a lot, but unfortunately this doesn't help me. Using GNU/Linux.
>>
Someone sent me some photos on Snapchat. I'd never used snapchat before.

When I viewed these photos, there was a 3 second (or so) timer for me to view them. The countdown timer appearing in the top right of the image. I was able to take screenshots.

Now, my question is - is it easy to fake these photos? Could this person have just send me some images already saved to their phone?

From what I understand, the timer thing is for photos taken within the app itself that you don't want lasting, it allows you to view the image twice for about 3 seconds then it becomes unviewable.

Am I wrong? Are these images pretty good evidence that the person in them is really who they claim to be?
>>
>>57437448
stop sexting tweens
>>
>>57437463

kek. They're actually claiming to be a "lingerie model".

Other things they've said sounded a bit off, and I'm just generally paranoid online.
>>
I just started using Stylish and I love how Youtube looks now, however im not liking any of the google styles mostly because they use deep black instead of a soft gray with soft on the eyes contrast fonts. Any recommended style?
>>
If i get a new pc but use my old hdd will i need to reinstall windows or will it be good to go
>>
>>57437498
you need to reinstall windows or convert/change/uninstall all drivers into generic
>>
>>57437473
I'm no expert on snapchat but I believe you're correct on how everything works

also they get a message in app telling them you took a screenshot

as for faking normal snaps I don't know if it's possible with an extension or something but if a normal person is snapping you the pics are likely real if they look real, a video would probably be good proof

maybe they're going to try to extort you or beg for money
>>
>>57437498
reinstall windows for best performance, least annoyance

just copy your user folder and shit
>>
>>57437505

>also they get a message in app telling them you took a screenshot

Yeah, they asked me immediately why I took a screenshot.

>maybe they're going to try to extort you or beg for money

This is the main thing that worries me. Though they claimed to be well off and to 'have everything', which confuses me, because I don't know how they'd move this around to me giving them money.

Thanks so much for your response.
>>
>>57437504
>>57437514
How do i backup my internal hdd if i dont have access to the windows gui
>>
>>57437524
stay paranoid anon

just pass on strange strangers

not worth the worry
>>
>>57434077
Back with an update in case anyone cares. For some bizarre reason, I can type things in the address bar just fine in Japanese, but if I try to unleash English it crashes and spits an error at me. Has anyone ever dealt with something like this?
>>
>>57437526
connect hdd to different pc

or

live boot linux (ubuntu is a good one for this)
>>
>>57434201
>case
Do you mean computer case? If so, yes. Make sure your motherboard will continue to be compatible with the new processor that you are putting in however. Also, I have a feeling this is a pre-built. Make sure that its power consumption is ok with your current power supply. It should be a non-issue, but you don't want some intermittent problem ruining your day when you are taxing your processor.
>>
>>57433539

If you have a rooted Android phone just use DriveDroid
>>
>four sticks of ancient as hell 1GB ram in hard drive
>windows reports only three GBs
what's going on here
did one of the sticks die
>>
>>57437593
>in hard drive
oh god what did you do
>>
>>57437601
I was incredibly tired and said hard drive when I should have said motherboard
tragedy, I know
>>
>>57437593
reseat all the sticks?
>>
File: rrr.png (11KB, 718x260px) Image search: [Google]
rrr.png
11KB, 718x260px
For some reason in the past few weeks firefox always has this blinking 'typing' bar thing come up.

It moves to wherever I last clicked but it seems to be there on almost every window.

Tried watching something on Netflix and there it was down the bottom left of the screen blinking away.

Any ideas?
>>
>>57437593
reseat the sticks, I had that happen on newer ram
>>
Is there a quick way to parse and use XML data with Flask? JSON format works very well but I can't find documentation on XML.
I'm making a web services server in Python, I want both formats available for responses/process
>>
>>57437654
That is called caret browsing. Press f7 to disable it.
>>
>>57437874

Thankyou so much.
>>
>>57433539
yes
>>
File: 6681856.png (92KB, 144x332px) Image search: [Google]
6681856.png
92KB, 144x332px
Where do I begin if I want to make a web browser?
>>
File: idealwm.png (26KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
idealwm.png
26KB, 1280x800px
I'm looking for a window manager with workspaces where each workspace can hold one maximized window (should start maximized automatically) and I can navigate between workspaces (1) with the keyboard (preferably alt+numbers), and (2) with a *large* horizontal workspace switcher at the top of the screen. Basically I want one huge tabbed window. Ideally there should be some way to move windows between workspaces easily with the mouse. Also, I should be able to rotate the screen (xrandr -o) 90 degrees and have windows resize to remain maximized.

This is for an older convertible tablet PC (X200t); the goal is a *fast* environment that is usable with a pen but also with a keyboard.

dwm is close, but the tag buttons are too small to tap accurately (maybe I can configure the size, but changing the font size in config.h seemed to do nothing) and there is no way to move windows between tags without a keyboard.

Currently I am using Window Maker with huge titlebars and icons, but it is a lot of work to maximize windows and the buttons in the clip for switching workspaces are (1) small and (2) tedious since you have to keep tapping through workspaces one at a time until you get to the right one.

Alternatively: suggestions for some different interface that is (1) usable with a tablet and laptop, and (2) significantly faster than GNOME.
>>
>>57436271
for old OS iso's, check out https://winworldpc.com/
>>
>>57437908
Do you want to create the wohle thing on your own?
>If yes, start learning how to parse HTML & CSS and how to implement DOM model, layouts, inheritance and billion other things to render web pages
>If not, fork chromium or firefox
>>
>>57437318
>Can I use a NAS as a regular external hard drive?
yes, that's the point
if you mean you want it to appear as a local internal/removable drive, there's ways to do that over a network, such as iSCSI
note that using them this way will prevent them from being safely accessible from more than one machine, NFS is probably a better option, unless you use windows

>just using it offline.
this makes no sense, it's not a NAS if it's not on a network
>>
>>57437949
The first one... Thanks!

This will probably be a hot mess of a browser, but I feel this project might be a decent experience
>>
>>57437911
you're looking for i3-wm.
>>
>>57437908
1. take firefox source code
2. change the branding
3. ???

that's what everyone else does
>>
How do I temporarily disable IME input for a given browser? Google IME is making firefox crash.
>>
I'm converting some of my porn to make some space. I dont need 1.4gb 30min files.

How come I can get some of them down to 500mb and some wont go below 1gb? What's the most important setting? I'm converting them on the second slowest setting so I get smaller files, x264 and quality setting on 20. Is MP4 the right container for me?
>>
>>57438046
using crf effectively means it will try to maintain a constant quality level, this means the bitrate used at any particular time will depend on the content at that time
harder to compress content will end up larger, despite the length of the video
mp4 container is fine
you might consider using x265 if you want them smaller still
you can also increase the crf value, at the cost of quality, to decrease the size

in my experience, 15-18 is decent quality, 20-22 is average, and 28+ is for when you're really tight on space
>>
Is it possible to detect when someone reports your post? Without being banned.
>>
>>57438076
Yeah I've noticed the filesize varies a lot but I don't know jack shit about codecs and whatnot. I've kept the quality slider at 20 which seems to half the filesize in a best case scenario and 10-20% in worst case scenario.

How much does the x264 preset slider affect filesize and quality? Does it really make a difference when it takes longer?

Also is there any way I can find out if it's even worth compressing a video before I convert it? Like I said sometimes the filesize pretty much stays the same so I'd rather not waste 2+ hours converting them.
>>
So I'm planning on building my own PC.

I live in Australia, and the only place I can keep my PC is in my small-sized bedroom, with a window that gets a lot of light in summer. Last year my room was practically steamy even at night when thing should have cooled down.

What's the best thing for a PC that I don't plan on overclocking or anything like that, which will be in a hot room a lot of the time?

Will simply a good fan keep it well?
>>
>>57438109
>How much does the x264 preset slider affect filesize and quality?
the preset shouldn't affect quality at all when using crf, it will just use more bits on a faster preset to hit the same quality
>Does it really make a difference when it takes longer?
yes, but the difference may not always be worth the time, for example, if you're saving 10% but it takes twice as long, would you be ok with that?
>is there any way I can find out if it's even worth compressing a video before I convert it?
not really, the best way to do that is to just look over the content, the problem is that you need to have a good understanding about how the codec works to tell what kind of result you'd get
for example;
grain = bad
fast, sharp motion = bad
constant scene changes = bad
the less chaotic and the more like a still image it is, the better

sometimes it's better to lower the resolution or use filters such as degraining to reduce the filesize (make it easier to encode), rather than increasing the crf value further
>>
>>57438109
Going from fast to veryslow will save around 10% filesize but take 4x longer to encode
You can encode by bitrate instead of crf to ensure it will be smaller
>>
>>57438168
don't recommend cbr over crf, crf appears to be more suited for what he's doing

cbr is good for streaming, where you have a set rate limit (the network)
n-pass vbr is good for making the most out of a set storage limit (for example, if you want to fit a video exactly onto a dvd, with no wasted space)
and crf is good for when you just want a consistent quality, and have no hard rate or storage limit to hit
>>
>>57438188
I never said anything about constant bitrate
>>
>>57438206
i assumed by "encode by bitrate", you meant cbr
if you meant n-pass vbr, then that's somewhat more suitable, but he still has the problem of not knowing what rate to use to get a particular quality
if he's guessing either way, he might as well try different crf values, using crf is faster, as it only needs one pass
>>
>>57438133
That will depend on your local temp, humidity and case airflow. If the weather gets above 45C you should store the tower someplace cool. That's what I do anyways.
>>
>>57438222
>not knowing what rate to use to get a particular quality
for >>57438109 's reference, the quality you get for a particular rate in n-pass vbr depends on the content
basically, with crf, the quality is set, and the filesize follows, with vbr, the filesize is set, and the quality follows
>>
>>57438241
-- so if you're thinking "i want this to be no more than 100MB", then go ahead and do n-pass vbr, that's what it's for
you won't know what the quality will be like until the last pass begins, though
>>
Help me /g/ decide what new laptop I should get. Keep in mind that the company I'm working for is footing the build and I don't need it to be a beast, just something portable and practical.
I will need it for Photoshop and lightroom and some light video editing.

It's either the XPS 13 inch with i5 with 1080p display or the new 2 TB3 port MBP without the touchbar. Would you guys recommend anything else or one or the other
>>
How do I go on about contributing to GitHub projects.

Currently learning C# and i want to try contributing to some small projects.
>>
>>57438455
FUCK THAT SHIT, DELL PRECISION

Don't ask me which one, though. Dell completely fucked over their numbering system.
>>
What is the best thermal paste on the market?
>>
Is there a tool to find how much network data a command used?
Like what the time command does but for network not cpu?
e.g.
time grep grep .bash_history
--results--

real 0m0.004s
user 0m0.001s
sys 0m0.002s

is there any command that would be like this:

networkusage feh https://i.4cdn.org/g/1478562712944.gif

sent 4kb
received 3.1mb
>>
Any way to dea lwith coil whine that doesn't involve sending the card to the manufacturer?

Got a G1 Gaming GTX1080 and it seems to be the source of coil whine. It's quiet enough so I can ALMOST hear it with my headphones on and nothing playing, but not quite. Needless to say I can't hear it at all when I do anything involving sound.

it doesn't seem to be traditional coil whine in that it doesn't actually seem to be much related to GPU load. It's just always doing a slight high pitched noise, even on desktop. Can be running games at 144hz and it's not significantly worse (but noticably).

The other weird thing is that I did not have that issue at first. It popped up in the past few days. It definitely did not do that before, even when accidentally running games at 400fps+ and such.

Any tips on how to make it a bit more quiet or maybe fix it entirely?
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
Whats currently the best and most stable tracker? all my old ones are turning into virus shitholes

I just want my daily releases of TV shows without the extrta crap
>>
>>57438837
Just go to rarbg.to

I don't get how you can have issues with viruses when torrenting movies in this day and age. Do you just download anything and run it even if it's an exe?
>>
>>57438832
muffle the case
>>
>>57438879
I've got a fully muffled silent case, fractal r5, which is the reason it's barely audible to begin with. I can still hear it tho. So I'm afraid there's nothing more along those lines I can work with.
>>
File: 17234143751_ac9a6191ea_b.jpg (241KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
17234143751_ac9a6191ea_b.jpg
241KB, 1024x1024px
>>57436454
How do I find out what's causing BSoD?
>>
>>57433803
Windows Registry afaik.
>>
>>57438932
it's really hard to say that.

When do you get the bluescreens? Randomly? When shutting off? When powering up? When doing standby? Any relation to anything you do at all?

If there's no relation to anything, you could maybe try posting your typical process list or something. Or perhaps your autostart list in msconfig... or the services. Again, really hard to tell like that.
>>
Installed a new SSD into my computer yesterday and since then, whenever I turn off my computer, I have to unplug and replug the power before I can turn it on.

What is going on?
>>
>>57439096
are you sure your PSU is adequate?
>>
>>57439163
Yes I checked on it.
>>
>>57439170
I assume you also checked that the power cable fits well?

Other than that I can think of nothing that would be causing this, sorry. Not powering up at all is usually a PSU problem. All I can think of is trying to boot with a different PSU.
>>
>>57431947
Pls halp.
>>
Can I safely delete dot folders from my home directory?
>>
>>57439201
Is there a test I can run on my SSD to see if something is wrong with it?
>>
>>57439258
Try running a SMART test tool. CrystalDiskInfo is a decent free one.
>>
svchost is using more than 500k of memory. Cant find anything with malwarebyte or avast. What do?
>>
Retarded quick shader questions here.

Are shaders a per polygon kind of deal? Reading lots of tutorials trying to get my head around them.

So the GPU gets the polygon and then looks at the shader for what to draw? And the shader takes a bunch of input and then outputs what those pixels should look like? And that's where all the lighting is done so the shader takes in the lights and then figures the stuff back a little should be darker?
Is chromatic aberration a vertex transform that makes the polygon bigger, draws semi-rainbows around the new big parts and then draws the actual stuff in where it should be?
Or am I completely wrong?
>>
>>57439303
ignore
>>
File: hajime no ippo.jpg (151KB, 715x1100px) Image search: [Google]
hajime no ippo.jpg
151KB, 715x1100px
How does one "get into" cybersecurity and networks in general?

While I do study electronics & compsci, our curriculum is so incredibly shit and outdated that the only things related to my interests which I will have studied will be basic CCNA1/2 knowledge (already have both, but have to put up with the uni's anyway) and some vague basics of unix/linux.

Turning 21 and I already feel like I wasted my best academic years learning jack shit. Give me a starting point and I will work myself to death from there.
>>
Lets say i nave physical access to a windows 10/8/7 PC as an administrator. What is the worst thing I could do to make it completely broken without installing external software or booting from a CD/USB drive?
>>
What is encryption?
I've steerer clear of it for a while because I thought it meant you couldn't access your files except your personal computer, but I've heard of people backing up encrypted hard drives so now I'm thinking that may not be the case.
I just want my backups to be password-protected mostly since I leave them at a different location than where I live (in case something should happen to my home the backups are off-site) but this also means I wont be able to do anything if someone broke into said off-site location and stole them.
>>
>>57439658
Smash it with a hammer
>>
File: ethernet killer.jpg (107KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
ethernet killer.jpg
107KB, 900x675px
>>57439658
Probably pic related
>>
>>57439672
Same thing interests me. I want to back up my weird porn but I don't want anyone to access my weird porn so easily.
>>
>>57439672
Encryption just rearranges the bits of a file so that they need a certain password to determine the correct order.
You can create encrypted containers to upload to a backup site
>>
>>57439658
Blow it up
>>
>>57439658
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>57439096
psu soon dead/cmos battery is out. My pc were like that before complete dead (it's a psu need replace)
>>
>>57439698
What's a good method to actually do this in practice? Say I want to put all the files on an external HDD behind a password.
>>
>>57439727
veracrypt
>>
>>57439746
Why Veracrypt over Truecrypt 7.1a?
>>
>>57439787
Because its basically an updated and more secure version of truecrypt
>>
File: ronja.jpg (153KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ronja.jpg
153KB, 1920x1440px
Best free vector program. Best paid vector program is there's readily available torrents for it. Need to make some vectors and PS is shit. Thanks lads
>>
I have a 4 drive mdadm array in raid10 configuration.

If I move the drives to different sata ports will they just be detected like normal on boot or will I have to 'find' them first?
>>
>>57439787
Truecrypt has fatal vulnerabilities.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2987439/encryption/newly-found-truecrypt-flaw-allows-full-system-compromise.html
>>
Whats the best pdf Editor for Linux (Mint)? Evince cant edit.
>>
>>57439843
https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/draw/
>>
>>57436562
3-2-1?
>>
>>57439990
3 copies
2 formats
1 offsite
>>
>>57439698
>Encryption just rearranges the bits of a file so that they need a certain password to determine the correct order.
Well that's a very simple way to put it.
>>
File: Not my sister.jpg (81KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Not my sister.jpg
81KB, 640x1136px
I'm thinking of getting this laptop

http://shop.lenovo.com/il/en/laptops/lenovo/b-series/b50/#tab-features

Lenovo B50-70, Core i3, 4 GB of RAM and 500 GB HDD.
All for 300$
For my sister, she will use it mostly for browsing, typing papers, and doing presentation hence the VGA and HDMI ports are important.
Good choice?
>>
>>57440273
>1.7 GHz 2-core
>Up to 5.5 hours battery life
It's like you don't even want to fuck your sister.
>>
>>57440273
Buy and refurbish a shit laptop from a pawn shop instead.
>>
>>57439677
>>57439687
>>57439702
>>57439707
Thank you but I meant something that I could do at a OS level
>>
File: Totally not my sister.jpg (112KB, 655x983px) Image search: [Google]
Totally not my sister.jpg
112KB, 655x983px
>>57440290
Can't tell if sarcasm or not.
She's not going to compile a kernel.
And I doubt she will be using it unpluged for more than 2-3 hours.
And She will be using M$ office and Chrome at most.
>>57440303
She want a "new" laptop.
I've got T420 and told her to take it since I'm not using it, but she refused.
Because it's suspicious.
>>
>>57439874
bump
>>
Which direction the CPU fan should be facing?
I have master cooler 212 evo (heatsink, fan to the side), exhaust fan in the back of the case and intake fan in front.
>>
>>57440427
towards exhaust
>>
Looking to upgrade my router, current one is a relic of the past.

Any suggestions? I don't know how to shop for these things.
>>
>>57440531
RT-AC66U
>>
>>57439089
While playing a game with Chrome open, so under heavy load. I'm playing on a laptop and it's summer down here in Australia so it could be over heating as well.
>>
How many niggers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
>>
>>57440549

Ok, do you have this one? What's so great about it?
>>
>>57440563
The lights out, how can you count them?
>>
I just now installed the latest nvidia drivers for my card. And being the little coward that I am I used the express installation since I feared I wouldn't know what's best.

But then I noticed it installed a bunch of crap like "GeForce Experience" And "Nvidia Share" etc. And now I feel like I may have done a mistake.
First off. What the fuck is GeForce Experience and Nvidia Share? Do I need/want them and can I safely remove them?
And while I can find GeForce Experience in the list of newly installed programs, I can't find that Share bullshit anywhere. Can I still remove it?

Am I part of the botnet now?
>>
>>57440582
has tomato support and 802.11ac
>>
>>57439746
Reinstall drivers, pick clean install, only install the drivers, untick everything else that you can untick.
>>
Is gcc open source?
>>
I'm trying to find an operating system that will run on shitty XP dinosaurs. They're being donated to a third world country, so I'm looking for something that's free and simple to use.

I'm getting ready to try out Cub Linux, but does anyone have any other suggestions?
>>
>>57440723
ofc
>>
Murphy's Laws of Computing 1. When computing, whatever happens, behave as though you meant it to happen. 2. When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete. 3. The first place to look for information is in the section of the manual where you least expect to find it. 4. When the going gets tough, upgrade. 5. For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction. 6. To err is human.. to blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human, it is downright natural. 7. He who laughs last probably made a back-up. 8. If at first you do not succeed, blame your computer. 9. A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine. 10. The number one cause of computer problems is computer solutions. 11. A computer program will always do what you tell it to do, but rarely what you want to do.
>>
>>57435801
more resolutions http://wallpaperswide.com/colorful_sound_waves-wallpapers.html
>>
>>57440603
don;t fall for this meme bullshit.

>just install drivers
>who the fuck uses GeFuck Experience anyways
>>
I need help with fixing date on openbox arch.

The time is correct but it is a day behind
>>
File: Untitled-6.gif (985KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-6.gif
985KB, 200x200px
Whats the most lightweight and easy virtual workspace thing for windows?

I just want like 4 or more workspaces i can tab through
>>
File: 1471753826577f.jpg (60KB, 320x389px) Image search: [Google]
1471753826577f.jpg
60KB, 320x389px
I'm running Linux on my laptop and I was watching anime on my laptop with an HDMI on my living room TV. The display option was extended.

This morning I turned my laptop on and after I put my password on, it turns on normally then the display goes black. I tried to put the HDMI back on my TV and the same thing happens.

How do I go into my display prior to login? Am I fucked?

Xubuntu by the way.
>>
File: im stupid.gif (15KB, 440x261px) Image search: [Google]
im stupid.gif
15KB, 440x261px
my gfx card only supports dvi-i (dual link) / hdmi

my benq monitor only has a slot for dvi-d (dual link)

Will I need to buy some kind of cable adapter to get 144hz whilst playing videyo games? What cable would you buy to connect this shit whilst getting 144hz at 1920x1080
>>
>>57434176
use a different dns?
>>
>>57441303
dual link dvi should be able to handle 1080p144 just fine
>>
>>57441303
A DVI cable.
>>
>>57441330
>>57441328
I didn't realise you could connect dvi-d cables into dvi-i slots

im dumb
>>
>>57439874
Bump
>>
how do murican voting ballots work? can you write down any arbitrary string for the candidate's name? if so, would a sql injection work on it?
>>
>>57441448
Each state has its own systems, its possible some don't have properly sanitized inputs.
>>
>>57433482
Where is that animation from?
>>
>>57441479
but the machines probably don't allow the required characters
>>
>>57438935
>having windows 10
>making changes in the registry that actually do smth

choose wisely
>>
you can't just plug a ps4/xbone S into a 10 bit panel right?

Why don't any monitors support 'consumer hdr'?
>>
File: 1236818.jpg (113KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1236818.jpg
113KB, 960x720px
What do you think about GitLab? They say you can make private repos for free, but I don't know if they won't tell me to buy premium after 10 commits or something.
>>
>>57441500
each state's probably different in some way or another. The keyboards for filling in names at the one today only had letters, hyphen, and period. couldn't have pulled a bobby tables.
>>
How does disabling Superfetch improve system performance?
>>
File: 2016-11-08_12-27-39.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-08_12-27-39.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>57441058
win10 has workspaces
>>
File: IMG_1154.jpg (913KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1154.jpg
913KB, 2016x1512px
Can anyone help
Linux
Torch lua
>>
>>57441480
found it

Mac

1992 with John Turturro

Just in case a person has issues finguring out like me

Also remeinder to future self to turn off the over in 43 minutes or you will burn the food again.
>>
why do some people advertise their jobs/schools as having "genuine" cisco equipment?

is there a big problem with places not using "genuine" equipment?
>>
>>57437251
Had another thought. Is there a way to maintain mirroring via the host OS such that if by chance the main shared drive gets cryptofucked it won't overwrite the secondary HDD's copy?
>>
Holy fuck how long does EFF take to ship? I ordered a week ago, no tracking, no shipped emails, no nothing. Anyone have some experience with them?
>>
I've got a problem with ncmpcpp, after adding new music to my 'music' folder it doesn't show up in the player. What can I do?
>>
>>57441852
Thanks past self, you always make the best food. To bad you never get to to eat it.
>>
>>57442252

>>57442252

>>57442252
>>
File: 1345932345610.jpg (2KB, 116x127px) Image search: [Google]
1345932345610.jpg
2KB, 116x127px
>>57442061
>can you mirror a drive where one doesn't get mirrored
you could set up scheduled backups to run at a specific time, so that if you notice a drive got fucked the backup wouldn't be affected.
also, would recommend a grandfather-father-son schedule.
>>
If I am stupid and lazy, how do I browse 4chan through a proxy from a choice state so I can make silly flag jokes on /int/ and /pol/?

No malicious intent, of course, only memes.
>>
File: 1478633358189.png (11KB, 550x234px) Image search: [Google]
1478633358189.png
11KB, 550x234px
Asking here, sorry if against the rules

We could use a hand over on pol with the Comet Pizza Ping Pong website.
>>>/pol/96981522

Is there any way to get through this? Tried basic SQL injection, didn't work.

http://www.cometpingpong.com/protected
>>
>>57442271
jokes on you I posion it
servers you right for eating all my food future self
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.