[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 41

File: spoon.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spoon.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
Last thread: >>57433482
>>
File: 22-236-983-06.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
22-236-983-06.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
Starting to run out of HD space and my 1TB WD black drive is old as fuck so I want to upgrade that one. Is a WD blue SSHD a good replacement? Haven't really heard much about SSHDs.
>>
I've got a problem with ncmpcpp, after adding new music to my 'music' folder it doesn't show up in the player. What can I do?
>>
How can I set Chromium so the search engine is international Google rather than my country's?
>>
>>57442331
They suck. Get a real Hard Drive, and a small SSD. 4TB with 8GBSSD space is garbage.
>>
trying to get this bit of code working in matlab

moveString = input('Please type a move\n', 's');

moves.{moveString}.defcooldown = moves.{moveString}.cooldown + 2;

where the user inputs the name of the inner struct

moves.twister.moveName = 'Twister';
moves.twister.type = 'Charge move';
moves.twister.damage = 25;
moves.twister.cooldown = 2.7;

so if they type 'twister' then I want to be able to access moves.twister.whatever, but I'm having issues with that
I've been trying to convert it to a full string of 'moves.twister' which works, but converting that back into a variable gives 'moves_twister' because the fullstop isnt allowed in a variable name, even though I'm trying to access the inner field, not a full variable
anyone able to point me in the right direction to go about this?
>>
>>57442375
I have an SSD already and a bunch of large storage drives. Aren't the 8GBs of SSD space used to speed up read/write times instead of being actually used as permanent storage space?
>>
>>57442394
It's still grbage
>>
Holy fuck how long does EFF take to ship? I ordered a week ago, no tracking, no shipped emails, no nothing. Anyone have some experience with them?
>>
>>57442394
yeah but 8GB isn't a useful amount.
You're far better just buying a normal mass storage drive and adding another full size ssd to your rig
>>
>>57442394
useless
>>
>>57442394
where I am, for the price of that 4tb sshd I can get a normal 2tb hdd and a 256gb ssd, that's a far better use of money
>>
>>57442331
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
File: IMG_1154.jpg (913KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1154.jpg
913KB, 2016x1512px
Help
Ubuntu
Torch
>>
What's the best to create GUI for Java on Linux?
Apparantly Qt's API is ded for java, and GTK is claimed to be buggy.
>>
File: 1477825107531.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477825107531.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
How does one "get into" cybersecurity and networks in general?

While I do study electronics & compsci, our curriculum is so incredibly shit and outdated that the only things related to my interests which I will have studied will be basic CCNA1/2 knowledge (already have both, but have to put up with the uni's anyway) and some vague basics of unix/linux.

Turning 21 and I already feel like I wasted my best academic years learning jack shit. Give me a starting point and I will work myself to death from there.
>>
File: vDK3Ygp.jpg (468KB, 1624x2436px) Image search: [Google]
vDK3Ygp.jpg
468KB, 1624x2436px
>question 1

how to transfer chrome profile between two pcs? one dead, but accessible drive.
forgoten passowords... all saved in chrome.. how to move profile, like I can move it with firefox/

>question 2

thunderbird, it loads all the pictures in the mail only when I click it, its anoying waiting sometimes
can I set it to load the images as the email come? I already had to set to evel allow remote images to be shown

I googled both problems quickly
no dice
so you might know
>>
>>57442753
go ask on /r/sysadmin and /r/networking and /r/linuxadmin

theres your starting point

just know that programing, at least python, decent exposure to linux, and intimate knowledge of osi model are bare minimum to even start
>>
Is it too late to learn c++?
>>
>>57442823
not really, but it should not be your first language
C++ is hard
and there are hundreds of people on /g/ who go around asking about learning this and that only to fail
you are likely one of them
>>
File: IMG-20161025-WA0014.jpg (16KB, 220x173px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161025-WA0014.jpg
16KB, 220x173px
Are there any programs for colorblind people to "correct" the colors?
>>
>>57442878
fuck off animefag
>>
Reposting my question since I threw it in the wrong thread.

>>57442963
If I am stupid and lazy, how do I browse 4chan through a proxy from a choice state so I can make silly flag jokes on /int/ and /pol/?
No malicious intent, of course, only memes.

>>57442797
>chrome stuff from dead pc
On XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data
On Vista - C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
This won't move passwords, you have to copy them manually from the settings menu.

Alternatively start the browser from this HDD as master, and sync it to Google, than sign up on the other PC.
>>
how do i get people to buy my old PC shit on craigslist
>>
I'm getting a new laptop in the mail today, it shipped with windows 10. A friend told me something about how the new 5000 intel processors and above don't support USB with windows 7, or something like that.

Will I have any problem downgrading to windows 7?
(HP spectre x360 if that makes a difference)
>>
>>57443026
You don't. Donate it to a school or library, if they will have it.
I have a room named after me in the village school because I donate outdated useless tech to them, they even asked if I want my picture framed in the room, shits hilarious.
>>
>>57442817
Thanks a million
>>
File: 514208cbce395f1c12000000.png (35KB, 260x300px) Image search: [Google]
514208cbce395f1c12000000.png
35KB, 260x300px
I'm trying into electronics and I completely fail to understand voltage divider formula.

According to all sites that I've read so far, we assume I1 = I2.

But in this case, according to Kirchhoff's current law there will be no current at Vout: sum of inputs=sum of outputs and in the joint between R1,R2,Vout input current is I1 and output is I2.

One site for example hand-waves the issue in their proof:

> Sweet! We know R2’s value, but what about I2? That’s an unknown value, but we do know a little something about it. We can assume (and this turns out to be a big assumption) that I1 is equivalent to I2.

What am I missing?
>>
My name es tyrone and i stole an iPhone. Its iCloud locked now, can something be done?
>>
>>57443079
>series circuits
>I is everywhere the same

>parallel circuits
>I divides

stick to the Vout = R2/(R1+R2)*Vin formula
>>
>>57443058
its an old gaymen pc with a r9 290 and a i5
I doubt a school needs that
>>
>>57443126
>>57443026
you lover the price until someone finds it agreable

how much are you asking for it now?
>>
>>57443138
I mean right now im just selling the parts itself
r9 290 for $200

I dunno if I have more of a chance selling it is some gaymen prebuilt
>>
I have an old pc that I want to revive with an e8400, motherboard and cpu fan are dead, I might also need to get new ram sticks for it

any of you have a recommendation for a micro/mini ATX lga 775 mobo to revive my shit?
>>
File: TriX_Side.jpg (647KB, 2672x2664px) Image search: [Google]
TriX_Side.jpg
647KB, 2672x2664px
>>57443158
dont bother with gaymen prebuild
and you need to go to $130 at least
depending on which model of R9 290 you have

you know theres rx480 out.. why would they be paying $200 for your shitty card when they buy rx480 for the same price?

I sold mine for 235€ 1 year ago, kek
>>
>>57443196
whatever you can find for cheapest
but I would not bother unless real ultra poorfag
>>
>>57443210
>Rx480
>$200

In what universe
It's $250 at the least

But yeah I guess if I lower it by 20 bucks itll help
>>
>call motherboard manufacturer because new gtx 1060 card wont start with it

>guy tells me i need to flash bios first, then spends some time looking something up, then tells me i shouldnt use "such a new powerful card" on such an old motherboard

>motherboard is from late 2012

>now i have to take my entire computer apart, buy a new mobo and put it back together and nervewrackingly reseat my $300 CPU or i cant get ever get new graphics cards because my mobo is outdated at 3 years old and doesnt even work with the same brands GPUs

What the fuck man

How do i prevent this shit from ever happening again

My mobo has 3 SLI slots and SLI worked amazingly, i just need more VRAM, what the fuck can i do to make sure my next mobo wont be fucked by the time i want to upgrade my graphics again
>>
File: 1478635360.png (424KB, 1163x962px) Image search: [Google]
1478635360.png
424KB, 1163x962px
>>57443235
in this universe
go on newegg and check for yourself
>>
>>57441761

I'll ask again.
>>
>>57443242
first time I ever hear of this
pcie specs are not changed, gpu like that should work in 2008 c2d builds

what mobo specificly?
you sure the gpu is alive and well and works in other PCs?
did you plug monitor in to the gpu display output? common mistake is pluging it to mobo and then wondering wtf
did you plug power cable from the psu to the gpu?
>>
anyone know if theres a way for AHK to set the volume of specific applications?
>>
File: poo n loo.jpg (759KB, 1211x1209px) Image search: [Google]
poo n loo.jpg
759KB, 1211x1209px
>>57443255
I think im fine
>>
>>57443288
heh, sure
is your card 8GB ram?
like seriously you can pray that some moron will try to buy for $180 but its unlikely
every smart person will be buying 4GB RX480 that eats 100W less power and is probably not a loud turbine
hell mots of the tards will be buying 3GB gtx1060 anyway
>>
File: banner.jpg (23KB, 531x281px) Image search: [Google]
banner.jpg
23KB, 531x281px
Are prebuilt NAS stations botnets?
I found one at a pretty good deal and it uses less power and space than building one on my own.
>>
Every device on my network supports jumbo frames,yet i can get none of them to talk to each other using jumbo frames.
2 hosts are windows and jumbo is enabled via advanced network options
3 hosts are linux and jumbo tables set using
ip set link eth0 mtu 9000

What am i missing?
>>
>>57443320
they are in the /g/ sense that everything is botnes
but whats worryign is lack of control and when shit breaks, its breaks and wont be fixed by you :(
>>
>>57443278
theres two different brands of GTX 1060's ive tried so far, i dont have another computer to test hardware in. One is the same brand as my mobo. And when i google my problem i get a bunch of results of people with other gigabyte motherboards who had the exact same issue, exact. But they flashed their bios and solved the issue. I called first because people say thats risky and my mobos last bios updates are just about as old as the entire board. And he told me to flash it first like everyone else, but then he said that i just need to upgrade. And formatting my fucking USB is taking years and i dont really wanna risk bricking my mobo if i can still play games on it and it wont likely do anything. And the bios updates are old as shit and hardly newer than the one i have

Z77X UP4 TH is the motherboard

yeah i plugged it into the card of course, i get video out of it, it just freezes at this startup screen, doesnt even let me enter the bios, then goes totally black after a little bit, but doesnt turn off. when i hit the power button, it shuts off immediately, at any point, having either of these new cards installed.

and yeah of course i plugged in the power from the PSU

this isnt my first time upgrading, i went from a 560 ti to a 660 ti years ago, then added a second 660 ti for SLI.

thanks to SLI it kinda already blows the fuck out of games so i dont really wanna fuck anything up, i just need more than 2gb VRAM now for 1080p or and textures that arent so low res they look like clay. And they're starting to drop the ball on SLI optimization so both my cards dont work in a lot of games which sucks

im thinking about running to the nearest computer store and buying a new mobo right now but i have an i7 and would rather not have to reinstall it and risk smashing the pins or frying it with fucking static electricity
>>
>>57443463
What do you mean, anon?
Also is it good for running torrents on all day or nah, too botnet?
>>
>>57443495
tell me what do you think a botnet means
>>
>>57443503
big bad company spy on you through backdoor
I dunno
>>
I want to send data over the internet from one raspberry pi to another, I think the route I need to go down is socket programming, anyone have experience with this?
>>
i wanted to buy a zte axon 7 but not sure if it'll work on my pre paid us Cellular though.

anyone know if it'll work or not?
>>
>>57443464
and yes i uninstalled my graphics drivers before shutting it down and putting these new cards in

ive also put my old cards back in and everything works fine

just new graphics cards go LOL NOPE
>>
I saw a screenshot (possibly even here, dont remember) of a windows 10 start menu with hexagonal tiles instead of the boring square ones. How can i have neat hex tiles in my start menu?
>>
After a resintall, I find that Rikaisama isn't working for me. As in, I click on the little button but the popup never appears. I tried reinstalling it, disabling it and re-enabling it, I even tried using Rikaichan, but nothing's worked so far. Anyone know what could be wrong?
>>
>>57443616
rainmete
>>
>>57443534
A network of infected computers collecting data from said computers or used for mining Bitcoin or carrying out ddos attacks etc
>>
What exactly is American Megatrends, it shows up on my boot before the windows logo
>>
>>57443554
To elaborate on this, the end goal is I want to control a servo remotely from anywhere there is internet access.
>>
>>57443464
1. gigabyte has dual bios, you are fine and risk of catastrophic flashing of bios is minimal. Just download latest bios for your revision(seems theres only v1.0 for yours), put it on the hdd or on usb(no need to format or whatever you are talking about) and go to bios and there find q-flash or whatever its called, I think F8 or F9 key.. and then just follow instructions ot flash it.

its risk free and 100% worth a try

after googling it seems nvidia cards requier full UEFI bios or some shit... but your mobo seems to have uefi... anyway, if flash wont help, go to bios and disable fast boot and secure boot, and try again...

buying new mobo because of nvidia seems kinda waste, cant you just switch to the red team? or do they have this shit too?
>>
I cannot seem to get pnmixer or any volume icons on tint2 with openbox autostart

what do you folks use?
>>
>>57443636
google.com
>>
I've tried to fix this with my google-fu, but to no avail.

Why does libreoffice keep crashing when trying to open documents that are more than a few pages big unless I first open a smaller file and THEN open a bigger document? No clue what's going on.

Using Linux Mint btw.
>>
>>57443639
i put it on a USB, the exact files people said not the whole rar or the whole exe. I extracted it from the exe just as they said, put the two raw files and it hink 1 folder onto the USB, and everything, hit f8, saw the flash menu and options, tried to press the option to initiate it and it flat out doesnt work, it just doesnt do it, like it doesnt recognize theres any thing to flash with.

Its plugged directly into the motherboard in the back, not the front of the computer

I read i needed to format it to something like fat32 but my computer only gives me options for exfat and NTSF, so i think thats the issue. I downloaded some other software that actually lets me format to fat32 but its taking fucking ages but yeah fuck it might as well try, i forgot yeah i read i supposedly have some switch on my mobo i can flip if i destroy one bios, but i never saw it myself

So im gonna do that

But its gonna take like an hour to format this USB

I cant see any other reason why the option to flash doesnt work after pressing f8

the screen comes up and everything it just doesnt do it when i press it

it just werks
>>
>>57443079
You have first and second Kirchhoff's law.
For you circuit it is I1 - I2 = 0 (current) and I1R1+I2R2 - Uin = 0 (voltage). Then UR2 = Uout => Uout = Uin - I2R2, then I1 = I2 = Uin/(R1+R2) => Uout - Uin - (Uin/(R1+R2))*I2 => Uout = Uin(I2/(R1+R2))
>>
>>57443629
I tried that but i am yet to find anything even remotely related...
>>
File: 1478638049323235727115.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1478638049323235727115.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Should I cover this to prevent dust from falling inside? or is it good for ventilation?
>>
>System Requirements
>3 GHz Intel i3 or equivalent
So what is the nvidia equivalent?
>>
>>57443830
sorry. I little drink
>Uout - Uin - (Uin/(R1+R2))*I2 => Uout = Uin(I2/(R1+R2))
incorrect
>Uout = Uin - (Uin/(R1+R2))*R2 => Uout = Uin(R2/(R1+R2))
correct
>>
>>57443851
you should cover every individual computer part with a thermal blanket to ensure no dust gets inside
>>
>>57442408
Anyone?
>>
I've been thinking about going Intel and buying an i3-6320. Would I notice any difference coming from fx 8320? Or should I just get an i5? I'm kinda on budget and that i3 beats my old ass cpu.
>>
i have a server running on windows, started by a .exe
sometimes it crashes
what is an easy way for it to restart automatically when this happens?
problem is it doesn't just close when it crashes, it pops up an error
>>
When I have WiFi enabled on my phone, notifications are delayed. They only update every hour or something. When using my mobile internet, they are updated pretty much instantly.
I have checked for WiFi hibernation and it is turned off.

What can be causing this?
>>
>>57443811
you extract the exe file you downloaded
you put
Z77XUP4TH.10b
on your c: drive
and on your usb drive

you leave the usb plugged in
you go in to your bios by pressing 'del' or whatever
you then in bios find qflash and press F8
you should see dialog that asks you to point to that file Z77XUP4TH.10b
so if you see your c drive you go there, if you see your flash usb drive go there, whatever
select the file, it does check if it fits
then its flash time for like 30sec - 2 min, most likely 30sec since its newer shit.. yes 2012 is newer shit

go on yotuube, search for "gigabyte qflash" or some such
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>57443989
>>57443811
forgot pic
>>
I'm trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on an old laptop, but every time i go to install it after picking custom install. I'll get an error code 0x80070057.

I've tried deleting both partitions and making a new one and formatting that but didn't when either.

i saw online a guide saying I'd have to use repair tool to actually delete the partition with cmd. would that actually work?

i can't think of anything else anymore.
>>
Is Proxy.sh Client malware? I downloaded it and scanned with VT and its 3/52 :(
>>
>>57443989
thats exactly what i did

i press f8, a window with three generic options come up, one saying something along the lines of "initiate flash", and pressing enter/clicking it flat out does nothing
>>
>>57443989
every single youtube video i find is showing a completely different bios than i have except for a guy whos talking in fucking spanish or some shit

and of course this guys computer doesnt just inexplicably not let him select an option, like mine

fuck my life
>>
File: 1478639540.jpg (97KB, 1186x566px) Image search: [Google]
1478639540.jpg
97KB, 1186x566px
>>57444088
spic here got 3 options one to select drive
https://youtu.be/CbIvXRvaGvI?t=5m13s

heres some ricer with same option
https://youtu.be/cL4RmuAHDl8?t=4m23s

well take photo of what you see, or write exactly what it says, not some generic idea... that thing might exactly where you are to point to the bios file
>>
>>57444130
>still at 10% formatting

>computer store near me doesnt even have 1155 socket mobos in stock

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>57444156
Yep thats exactly it, it doesnt work at all, i can scroll down and exit but ":update bios from drive" doesnt do jack shit
>>
First time ocing, got my 4690k @ 4ghz 1.097v. How'd i do? Kinda scared of going further because of my literally-who-tier gigabyte mobo and i only have a 212 evo to cool it.
>>
>What is the Page Info keyboard shortcut for Firefox? Or is there an easier way to check all the images on the current site you're visiting?
>>
>>57444183
so zero reaction, nothing
well then I would try entering qflash not from bios but from boot screen, maybe that might help when uefi is not running in the background
or disconnect all disks and just leave the usb drive there
or reset bios to optimal settings or whatever they are called, should be stuff like that there

if still no dice.. theres a reason you got 3 file there in that exe archive

so...
go here and follow the instructions to make hiren usb
http://broexperts.com/how-to-make-hirens-bootable-usb/

it will take some time for you to go through that, but hiren is awesome for lots of things and its worthy tool you just learn how to make here...

once you got it, boot from it with F12 on boot, from menus then choose dos and dos and always basic dos
dos operating system will start and you will try to find which letter is your hiren usb drive
a:
b:
c:
d:

commands
dir - list files and directories
cd - go to some directory
use those commands to navigate to the folder with your bios files
then you just run the autoexec.bat, by writing autoexec.bat
it will flash bios from dos...

or go in to some PC repair shop, explain problem tell them qflash bios does not work, if they can try flash your PC andhow much would it cost...
>>
File: wtf.png (17KB, 391x416px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
17KB, 391x416px
i got a 960
how is it possible for gpu load to be 99%-100% for several minutes and yet temps only go up from 30c idle to 32c max?

Is there something wrong with the clock stepping or thermometer? I remember it used to get up into the 50's sometimes 60's..
>>
>>57444362
just checked and core clock isnt going above 658mhz and memory clock is at 405mhz during the load.. what the heck is going on? Shouldn't it be going up to 1200+/1700+?

could it be because the game im testing it on is still getting like 200 fps that it's deciding to do this? I've never heard of that though.
>>
>>57444362
Update drivers
Do you have multiple monitors?
Download nvidia inspector and check the power state under load.
>>
How do I grab a video posted to Twitter?
I don't trust any of those third-party websites; I want access to the raw file.
>>
File: 91282768673.jpg (42KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
91282768673.jpg
42KB, 750x500px
Can anyone recommend a decent DAC/AMP combo for a pair of 250 ohm headphones? Nothing too expensive, if possible.
>>
No laptop general so.

I'm looking for a laptop for pretty much everyday use.

Budget is about $500 but willing to move around up too 1k if its worth.
I don't do extreme gaymin just OSU and ASSFAGGOTS.
Nice size screen full HD pref.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>57444467
savevideo.me gives you the link to the raw file.
>>
File: 1478578035738.jpg (119KB, 706x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1478578035738.jpg
119KB, 706x1132px
My boss recently gave me a TV but i can't get the picture to play in color! I think it needs to be plugged in via HDMI but my cable box doesn't have a plug in for HDMI cords, its uses the red/white/yellow cords instead.

Please help, i can only get it to play in black and white.
>>
>>57444566
sounds like you're plugging a composite video output into a component video input
>>
>>57444527
check smsl stuff on this channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeosReviews/videos

>>57444546
500-1000
for lower check "thinkpad 13"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFnrrQCmg8k

and thinkpad E560 depending what screensize you want
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJzG2rXD2zo

for higher priced check dell XPS 13, or thinkpad T460 (notice E and T difference and 4 means 14")
>>
>>57444546
xps
>>
I make edgy internet content and don't want to get doxxed. What do I need to know/have to prevent that?
>>
>>57442252
I need help:

void displayPoint(Point<Number> myPoint)

which of the following objects would be allowed to pass as an argument to the displayPoint method(select all that apply)

a. Point<Number> p;
b. Point<Integer> p;
c. Point <Double> p;
d. Point <String> p;
>>
>>57444677
Use a VPN for things that might expose your IP address, but mostly it comes down to not being stupid.
>>
File: 1447743396486.png (672KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447743396486.png
672KB, 800x600px
Had this thing mentioned on /v/ a few times and I've been trying to figure out if this is just a meme, or a viable mini PC (if you count out the lack of a track pad). The keyboard looks like the same one used on chink mini Bluetooth keyboards, so I already know typing directly on it will be a poor experience. Is the underlying hardware passable, or is it trash?

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/GPD-Win-5-5-inch-Game-Console-Intel-Atom-X5-Z8500-Windows-10-OS-4GB-64GB-Gamepad-Quad-Core-2-24GHz-Gorilla-Glass-Screen-1280-720-Type-C---Black-367872.html
>>
>>57444720
>atom
trash
>>
>>57444702
My biggest concern is that i'm not very tech savvy.

If I never use a certain device for my content should I connect it to a vpn as well?
>>
Is there a website where I can compare PC parts?

Inheriting a newer computer and planning to do a clean wipe on it before claiming it as my own.
>>
>>57444786
http://www.userbenchmark.com/
>>
>>57444682
Depends on the language.
According to OOP theory only the first one should be correct. Genericity does not extend into subtyping.
>>
>>57444786
http://www.anandtech.com/bench or a million other benchmark sites

>>57444773
If anything the reverse, anyone with access to the IP that is uploading the content could use it to determine what city you're in or potentially cross reference it with other logs, a VPN will prevent that.
>>
>>57444863
Just figured it out
It was <Number> like you said
thanks!
It was java (I'm being forced to take it for transfer)
>>
I'm pretty much illiterate when it comes to hardware.
I got a laptop I bought 3 years ago with an AMD A8 processor, 8gb or DDR3 ram and some integrated graphics shit.
I went to the store the other day looking to upgrade only to realize laptops still come with A8 or even A5 processor or i5 and i7 and 8gb as standard
What should I look for when upgrading? is it even worth it? budget is around 800 dollars
>>
>>57444991
>is it even worth it?
buy an SSD
samsung 850 evo for example
put it in to your 3 year old notebook
watch it run like raped girl when ducktape breaks
>>
>>57444863
My professor gave us shitty books so I've got another question:

>The process used by the Java compiler to remove generic notation and substitute an actual type for type parameters is known as ___
>a. erasure
>b. removal
>c. substitution
>d. masking
>>
>>57445054
A again. It's called type erasure.
>>
>>57445097
thanks again
>>
File: 1478395699193.jpg (124KB, 831x639px) Image search: [Google]
1478395699193.jpg
124KB, 831x639px
I have the math skill of a high schooler. Will I make it?
>>
I have a Bootstrapped web application. I am using Glyphicons.
My customers have font downloading disabled by their domain's group policy.

Is there any way to use Glyphicons if they block font downloading?
>>
Is it possible to change website images using only json filters?
>>
Surface Pro 4 or 2015 Retina Macbook Pro for web development? I need linux or a unix-like environment.
>>
How many passes do I need to do on a hard drive that might have a botnet on it?
>>
>>57445401
quick reformat
>>
>>57445401
Depends on the level of botnet.
Run-of-the-mill malware? Just wipe it.
FBI? Gutman pass.
NSA? Shit's in the firmware. Buy a new hard drive.
>>
MSI Z97 GAMING 5 or ASUS Z97-A?

>>57445401
One, reinstalling windows is even more than enough for it.
4+ is for privacy reasons.
>>
>>57444457
Hi, yes I think this sorted it out. Checked what was throttling performance down to a 750 ti and apparently it was 'power', but that made little sense as what my system draws is significantly lower than what my psu can output. Anyway the problem went away when i uninstalled my current drivers from a year ago and installed the newest ones. It may also have been the restart that helped, I was going on a month of system uptime.. maybe display driver crashed at some point when I wasn't at the computer.

Whatever the case.. thanks
>>
Can I constrain a type using super and extends at the same time in java?
>>
MPC-HC has been shitting itself lately, framerates drop extremely low whenever I start playing a new vid, and the program freezes.
The CCCP website seems to be down, and their last update was in 2015 even though IIRC it had a shitton of bugs. Are they kill?
>>
>>57445602
No.
2015 update works well enough, they still are releasing stuff but you are better using the 2015 version since they are all official unstable releases in their forums.
>>
I just learned hot dogs contain a lot of protein.

Why shouldn't i eat them?
>>
>>57445686
Because what you learned was a lie.
>>
>>57445686
Because they also contain a lot stuff that is not good for you with that protein.
>>
so my pc complete dies and windows 8 that I had seems to longer be on there. Can I buy a windows 7 disc and install it? When I turn it on its a black screen with a bunch of mumbo jumbo
>>
File: Capture.png (37KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37KB, 1366x768px
Can someone explain this bullshit?

My new internet connection works fine, except for google.com.au. If I try to go to google.com.au it tells me my authentication details (I'm assuming this is referring to PPPoE details) are wrong. But I can even google shit directly from the Chrome unibar without issue. It's just visiting google.com directly which won't work.

What gives?
>>
>>57445686
because they also have a shit ton of salt and other bad things

If you're going to eat them just eat one or two
>>
>>57443269
Run services.msc to open the Services Manager. Scroll down to Superfetch service, which is responsible for maintaining and improving the system performance over time. Double-click on it to open it Properties box. Click on Stop to stop the process.
>>
>>57444005
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2476568
>>
How do I watch this in VLC?
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1241186546001/?#sp=watch-live
>>
>>57445578
>>57445578
>>57445578
SOMEONE PLEASE
>>
I have a bunch of video lessons I really want to remove static noise from (a fan), I googled how it works with Audacity, got it so I can directly just drop the video into it, do the noise reduction thing - what program/tool would be the fastest to merge the new audio back onto the video?
Mostly mp4 files
>>
>>57445832
Copy URL and open it.
>>
>>57445880
It's the first thing I tried and it didn't work.
>>
>>57444467
If your using firefox, videodownloadhelper should do the trick

>>57444546
asus f555-la

>>57444773
Have a separate machine for uploading, buy at a garage sale or something - don't use your cc. Goto public free wifi and upload from there.
Also use TOR + HttpsEverywhere

>>57444786
cpubenchmark.net - there are links to other component benchmarks at the top
logicalincrements.com

>>57444991
>>57445018
Also clean install of OS

>>57445284
SP4 + virtualbox of your choice of OS

>>57445727
Couple of choices:
DL the install disc from the manufacturer + use the key from the sticker
DL the version you want from Microsoft and use daz loader
Install linux - see >>>/flt/
>>
Anyone using Chanu on Android? How do you make images not appear fucking huge? Otherwise it's great
>>
File: UseCATAPULTS.gif (1MB, 480x202px) Image search: [Google]
UseCATAPULTS.gif
1MB, 480x202px
I have a problem with my router. I have a Netgear WNR-2000 running DD-WRT.

After a while of using the internet, a wirelessly connected device is suddenly unable to resolve any hostnames - lan and wan are both affected.
The affected device says it is connected, but is unable to resolve any hostnames, cannot ping anything locally or on the internet. If the affected device disconnects and reconnects, all is well for a while.
This happens on many different hardware/OS combinations - Windows 8/10, Android, BlackBerry OS, Xbox One, and Linux Mint 17 - all are fully up-to-date.

The router is using WPA2-AES, MAC filtering, and QoS controls. Are there too many services running for the router to handle? I live in a rural area - only 2 other networks are in range and then just barely, so I doubt its interference. Wired devices are unaffected and work flawlessly.

If you don't know of a way to fix it or my router is toast, can you recommend a new router? This is what I require:
802.11n minimum, ac is nice but not necessary.
>=4 100Mbps lan ports, gigabit is nice, but not necessary
Able to resolve local machine names - ie 'ssh foo@mediaserver' rather than 'ssh [email protected]'
QoS controls - I should be able to prioritize traffic based on protocol.
Able to disable WPS
>>
>>57445766
My question was that if it actually had an impact on system performance, likewise with the Page File
>>
>>57443620
ごめんね~
I figured out the problem. Seems Nightly's multi-process thing doesn't work well with Rikaisama. Disabling that did the trick. Hope it helps somebody else!
>>
ANyone know how to remove the little download icon from 4chanx? I have looked throught he settings, but I'm a bit dislexic so i cant fucking see what got turned on automagically that shows that.
>>
Should I worry about keeping my software updated?
>>
>>57446057
No, if it works why fix it?
Unless there is something new there is no reason to.
>>
>>57446014
My bad, I misread.
The answer is 'it depends'. If you're using an SSD, the potential benefits are minimal. If you're using a mechanical hard drive there are some potential benefits.

The page file is required if you ever want to hibernate your machine - that would be the only reason I would leave it enabled. If you don't have a lot of RAM or you use a lot of it (>75%) I would leave it enabled.
If you are really hurting for disk space you can recover some by disabling page file, but you will be unable to hibernate and if you run out of RAM you will be sol.

tl;dr
Superfetch good, can be disabled if you have an SSD
Page file good unless you have little RAM/need to hibernate
>>
>>57442336
Is mpd set up correctly?
>>
>>57446057
YES! Software updates often fix critical bugs and improve security.
If updating all your software is a hassle, consider installing Ubuntu or another Linux-based os. All of your programs can be updated at once, automatically, without you needing to a do a thing. For more information, please see >>>/flt/

>>57446084
This is terrible advice. Software updates are critical to the continued good health of a system. Using outdated buggy software leaves your computer wide open.
>>
>>57446197

Leaving windows update on leave your system wide open and shit.
>>
File: thestupiditburns.jpg (129KB, 600x682px) Image search: [Google]
thestupiditburns.jpg
129KB, 600x682px
>>57446216
>bugfixes make a system less secure
ok kid

also
>using wangblows
>>
What is the difference between electoral votes and popular votes?
>>
If I'm using a hotel's wifi connection, can they see what I'm downloading?

I plan on downloading YouTube videos and ripping MP3s off of YouTube/Bandcamp/SoundCloud but I don't want to get kicked off.
>>
>>57446237
>https://www.google.com/
><your query>
>*Enter*
>>
How can HDMI cable be high speed or standard speed if it's just wires and no active parts?
>>
>>57446238
If you are using HTTP they can see everything
If you are using HTTPS they can see what IP you are connecting to
If you are using a VPN they see a connection to a VPN
>>
>>57446256
There is no difference between them other than the material around it.

Just placeboo and marketing terms to sell cables more expensive.
>>
>>57446257
If you arent using DNSCRYPT they can MTM you
If you arent using DNSSEC they can MTM you
>>
>>57446238
They can also see the amount of traffic
>>
>>57446238
https://www.eff.org/pages/tor-and-https

>>57446237
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_College_(United_States)
>>
>>57446256

Standard HDMI® cables (also referred to as category 1) have been tested by the HDMI Licensing, LLC to perform at speeds of 75Mhz. This is the equivalent of a 1080i signal.

High-Speed HDMI cables (also referred to as category 2) have been tested by the HDMI Licensing, LLC to perform at speeds of 340Mhz, which is the highest bandwidth currently available over an HDMI cable, making them able to successfully handle 1080p signals. High-Speed HDMI cables also are able to accommodate higher resolution displays, such as WQXGA cinema monitors.
>https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30896/~/what-is-the-difference-between-a-standard-hdmi-cable-and-a-high-speed-hdmi
>>
>>57442252
what font should I use for firefox. I still barely understand why my arch install has font declarations in like 3 differenet places and either uses the same font or all different.
Firefox is default from install and doesnt display jap runes. trying to get terminus on urxvt and vim and some regular ass monospace on i3.
>just go on the arch wiki they said
>its clear as day they said
>>
>>57446290
>configuration
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Font_configuration
>jap runes
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fonts
>>
>>57446266
But even HDMI organization has 4 categories for cables in which they are rated. So how are high speed cables different? Better shielding or what? I know that expensive HDMI cables are meme but this one really is bothering me.
>>
>>57445578
>>57445838
Not sure what you mean, like constraining a generic type with super? Why don't you just try it with your IDE and see
>>
>>57446290
>>57446304
>terminus
Use the terminus config
>i3
Use the i3 config

Linux is compartmentalized, each thing normally has its seperate config options that are used in the presence of the file being in your ~ .
>>
>>57446288
Ok, but where lies the difference in build if every HDMI cable uses same connector, pinout and wire number
>>
>>57444627
>>57444667
any reason I shouldn't get an Inspiron?
>>
I need help with fucking tsql

I have a column that is a DATE field

I want to create a procedure that inserts 300 dates on this, based on the day of the week and month (no december, january ou july) but i'm really not sure on how I could do that, specially the part of going through the days until it finds a suitable one

please ask questions if you think its necessary
>>
>>57446350
HP makes shitty laptops.
Horrible cooling and build quality.
>>
>>57446290
install infinality and use his font repo.
>>
>>57446356
I meant a Dell Inspiron.
>>
File: comic39.jpg (222KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
comic39.jpg
222KB, 600x800px
>>57446343
Shielding, wire thickness, how the wires are twisted. The higher frequencies used in high-speed hdmi cause more crosstalk, so more line isolation is required.

Just like you can use cat 5 for gigabit ethernet, but for *reliable* gigabit you need cat 5e or better.

You can use a lesser cable, but no guarantees it'll work as well
>>
>>57442252
How do I go about testing for which of my parts is making my computer freeze? I have had one BSOD but did not generate a crash dump and many hard locks in video games that require a cold boot to fix.
>>
Safest place to pirate Windows 7?

Fed up with pre-installed 10 and apparently downgrade rights are a joke because my product key is OEM.

Set me free, please.
>>
>>57446455
gpu
ram
cpu
psu
>>
>>57446483
Are you asking for specs? I don't understand this post.
>>
>>57446476
Also Home Premium is sufficient
>>
>>57446490
Start with that order.
Run video benchmarks and stress test it to see if it fails, if not go on to ram, etc
>>
HDD>GPU>RAM>CPU>PSU>Motherboard
>>
>>57442252
I know a good bit about hardware, but I can't into programming and have never had a job before.

I want to get a job, maybe freelancing. I've been looking into Field Nation, wat do?

Does anybody have any experience with Field Nation or Work Market, or just general freelancing/contracting?
>>
>>57446042
advanced > file info formatting > remove %d
>>
>>57446521
was for >>57446455
>>
>>57446500
Do you have any programs I could use, dubsman? If it means anything I would only freeze when I applied graphics settings, the BSOD happened randomly. I literally don't know what I'm doing.

>>57446530
I chkdsk'd both my drives and they turned out ok.
>>
>>57446527
Thanks anon.
>>
>>57446540
CHKDSK is not enough.

Read SMART data and perfomance of the HDD with something like HD Tune Pro.
>>
>>57446455
Checking and posting temperatures would be nice too.

Via speedfan maybe?
>>
>>57446523
Majority of IT freelancing is making a portfolio website for someone. No one's going to trust expensive hardware on someone they just met on the internet without some background check
>>
>>57446552
Temperatures have never been over 40 on my 4930k and my GPU is a Asus 290X, so... yeah.

>>57446548
>HD Tune Pro
Will the trial version work?
>>
>>57446569
Yes.
>>
>>57446574
SMART health is OK on both drives.
>>
What is a good alternative to quickpic?
>>
>>57446476
Download the official iso direct from Microsoft and use daz loader
>>
>>57446692
It was asking me for the product key and rejecting it.
>>
>>57446281
>downloading with tor
Okay Satan
>>
>>57446521
>>57446483
Now what do I use to test CPU, GPU and, RAM?
>>
>>57446730
FurMark?
>>
>>57446702
Use the volume key corresponding to the edition you're installing. Keys are listed on Microsoft's website
>>
File: second_pc.png (104KB, 1194x802px) Image search: [Google]
second_pc.png
104KB, 1194x802px
Replacing my 8+ year old piece of garbage PC, are the parts in pic related solid for vidya?
>>
>>57446723
Just HTTPS should be sufficient.
As long as the wifi connection isn't tied to him he can change the mac address if he gets kicked
>>
>>57446764
Yes.
>logicalincrements.com
>Buying windows
>>
>>57446764
its okay
aftermarket cooler on a locked cpu is optional
1070 is overkill for 1080p 60hz
>>
I'm using the
$num(%track%,2)
function in mp3tag but it's not working how it's supposed to. It's not merely padding single-digit track values with a zero, but rather formatting ALL track fields to just '00'. What gives?
>>
File: screen.png (77KB, 737x527px) Image search: [Google]
screen.png
77KB, 737x527px
My screen sometimes blacks-out
Can't see what's happening, forcing me to restart

I've ran several anti-malware programs and found nothing. Not sure what the problem is

pic related are my specs if it helps
>>
>>57446812
gpu might be overheating
>>
>>57446793
So the i5-6600k and a better monitor would be more logical? I don't know the first thing about overclocking, just want to reliably play stuff in 1080p 60fps since I've basically never experienced it before.
>>
>>57446839
I mean of course a 6600k would be better, but it would also cost more, you'd also need to swap your motherboard for a z170 chipset

I would recommend getting 144hz or 1440p depending n the games you'd want to play if you're getting a 1070 though
>>
>>57446796
what gives is you should be using the superior beets
http://beets.io/
>>
>>57445919
>SP4 + virtualbox of your choice of OS
why this
>>
File: 1345931097022.jpg (67KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
1345931097022.jpg
67KB, 694x530px
>>57446787
>imblying i'm paying for it
>imblying it's not there to show what OS will be installed
>>
>>57446812
GPU problem.

Could be either temperature or driver problem.
>>
File: z170.png (282KB, 1088x693px) Image search: [Google]
z170.png
282KB, 1088x693px
>>57446859
Sorry for continued ignorant questions, but pic-related would be something you're talking about?
>>
Computer only shows black screen. I can use the mouse and I see the pointer, but that's about all I can do. Trying to open task manager doesn't work. I can boot into safe mode, but the network, audio and USB drivers are fucked (can't transfer files from phone to computer and vice versa. I can only charge it). I have a 1TB hard drive with about 2GB left of space. I was thinking about getting an internal hard drive (it's cheaper than external drives) and refurbished (even cheaper).

Will my computer recognize the new drive in safe mode?

If so, will I be able to format the new drive, transfer my files over to it (via safe mode), create an installable Windows USB and then re-format the original drive?
>>
File: wat.jpg (194KB, 800x927px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
194KB, 800x927px
>>57446902
You can pirate operating systems?
>>
>>57446936
Look for a GA-Z170XP-SLI.
UD5H if you are looking to do heavy overclocking.
>>
>>57446936
Yeah, any of those would be fine to use with a 6600k (except the D3 version, that uses DDR3 which you don't want)
>>
>>57446948
hook up the new drive(refurbished isn't a good thing in a drive, unhook the old drive, install os(I"m assuming windows) then hook the old drive back up and boot from a live linux to transfer your files using grsync
>>
>>57446954
I don't think I'd do "heavy" overclocking since I've never done it before and wouldn't want to be negligent and overheat my PC. Is the GA-Z170XP-SLI just better value for the money?
>>
>>57447006
>Is the GA-Z170XP-SLI just better value for the money?
Yes.
>>
>>57447013
Thanks a lot for the help anons, sorry I'm pretty sure these questions would have been easily answered myself just wanted to know for sure.
>>
>>57447026
Well that is pretty much what this thread is for so dont worry.
Your build looks really good.
You could get a better screen for that price.
Check logicalincrements.com/monitors
>>
how would i get the stylus buttons to work as left/right click on an x41 tablet running lubuntu?
>>
File: 1441249746197.png (581KB, 545x711px) Image search: [Google]
1441249746197.png
581KB, 545x711px
>>57445964
Anybody?
>>
>>57446161
Thanks for the info, Anon.
I'm planning to buy another laptop (because of the ThinkPad meme and I need a better one anyways) and since it has an SSD I might as well as nuke Superfetch.
>>
This will sound shady as fuck but anyway. I got an ipad from work and am setting it up now, but it has the previous guy's iCloud account still signed in on it with 'Find my ipad' enabled. I need his password to disable Find my iPad. How can I get around this? He's left the company since.
>>
>>57447239
Track him, otherwise you got a brick.
>>
File: saved.jpg (97KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
saved.jpg
97KB, 500x749px
is Newegg still the all purpose deal buster website for tech? any new
>/g/ approved
sites?
>>
hey /g/, i'm looking for a secondary laptop thats just used to browse the internet, porn, youtube, 4chan, ect. would you guys recommend using a laptop like this for light use?

Lenovo Chromebook N42 - 14", 4GB, 16GB

thanks.
>>
>>57442350
Get to the search engine options/settings and paste in "https://www.google.com/" without quotation marks.
>>
Did something happen to chrome/appchanX/4chan recently that changes the way webms are played? I used to be able to mouse/ over a webm and it'd play, now I can't play webm's at all unless I open it in a new tab. Anyone else have this problem?
>>
How do I get into web development.
Firefox is slow as shit, but there is no good tab scrolling option on chrome (autohotkey is pretty bad). This is pretty much a non-issue for everyone else so I want to make my own solution.
>>
File: webmproblem.gif (346KB, 800x192px) Image search: [Google]
webmproblem.gif
346KB, 800x192px
>>57447450
This is what happens, it looks like it's loading but then it just stops.
>>
>>57447471
4chan servers are kill, get used to it before they're gone completely.
>>
What is the easiest program to learn/start hacking on?
>>
>>57445859
ffmpeg
ffmpeg -i videotrack.mp4 -i audiotrack.aac -c copy video-track-merge.mp4
>>
>>57445859
ffmpeg -i original.mp4 -i newaudio.mp4 -map -0:a -map 1 -c copy new.mp4
>>
>>57447484
visual basic gui
>>
>>57447451
You mean web browser development?
>>
>>57447392
Why not just get a normie tablet?
>>
>>57443079
Yep, that's the assumption for the voltage divider, that no current is going in/out of Vout. If there is, you need to include that in your calculations.
>>
>>57443079
There is current at Vout, which is I2, and still I1 =I2.
Vout = I2 * R2
I think im misunderstanding your question, or your mixing up the direction of the current
>>
File: windows10.jpg (100KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
windows10.jpg
100KB, 1920x1080px
Should I reinstall windows if I'm changing cpu + motherboard?

If so, how do I keep my windows 10 installation if I got it for free from the windows 7 upgrade thing?

How do I access my product key?
>>
How are micro ATX motherboards? Pretty sure my current motherboard just ate shit and I don't have much cash (or knowledge).
>>
How's an i3 for gaming? Kinda want to do a micro atx build but also don't have a lot of money.
>>
>>57447973
Its okay depending on the game
CPU heavy games like GTA V/ARMA/BF1 will suffer
>>
File: win-drivers-recovery.jpg (1MB, 907x4001px) Image search: [Google]
win-drivers-recovery.jpg
1MB, 907x4001px
>>57447942
>motherboard?
If you change the motherboard, you need to install the new driver, otherwise windows will give you a BSoD.

Try this guide, it worked for me a while back, thought I was on win7 (I don't use win10).

>How do I access my product key?
I don't know about this. Make a backup of all your partition to be safe (you should keep a backup anyway regardless).
>>
>>57447984
What exactly should I be backing up?
>>
>>57447974
Is titanfall 2 cpu heavy? Also, would it bottleneck my fury x?
>>
is there a ddos on 4chan right now or is my internet just shit?
>>
What torrent client isn't botnet?
>>
I like video games and sort of want a gaming PC but I can't seem to make a setup I'll be comfortable with under 3k USD.

Should I try to curb my autism, bite the bullet, or just play old games on my ThinkPad iGPU?
>>
>>57448010
Stalled.
>>
File: CPU_01.png (85KB, 1297x2285px) Image search: [Google]
CPU_01.png
85KB, 1297x2285px
>>57448003
Titantall 2 isn't very CPU dependent.
>>
Hey /g/
Anyone know of any laptops with fairly mediocre specs but a 1920x1080 screen?
Looking for something to install Gentoo on, so Chromebooks are out (is that correct, or can you install GNU/Linux on Chromebooks?)
>>
>>57447990
The whole partition where the operating system is installed, have you never done it before? there're many guides around, just search "how to back up a partition" or something. Of course, you need an empty hard disk or ssd in order to do so (that's where you keep the backup).

>>57448010
transmission which is free as in freedom, or utorrent 2.2.1 which just works and has no ads, forget qstalled.
>>
>>57448022
So the name is stalled?
>>
https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Seagate/SEXTDEXP2.5/
>$1.75 USB 3.0 2.5" enclosure
Am I missing something or is this a great way to put shitty, replaced laptop HDDs to use on the cheap?
>>
>>57448011
3000 USD for computer + monitor is extremely high end
>>
>>57448050
4K gaymen computer and monitor, 2 side monitors, peripherals, and a UPS.
>>
>>57448055
enjoy your thinkpad
>>
>>57448011
>>57448055
Man, you don't need that shit. Just get a $1000 1080p/60FPS rig.
>UPS
For what purpose?
>>
>>57448039
I mean what is the point of backing that up ? I am not gonna need the system files if I'm reinstalling windows

or you mean all the programs and such?
>>
>>57448080
>>57448039
And by reinstalling windows I mean in case a simple transition doesn't work and I need a fresh install
>>
>>57448080
I didn't tell you to reinstall windows though, did I? that's why I posted the image guide.. if you want to format then of course that doesn't even matter anymore. The backup was in case you can't re-upgrade to win10 for free, if that happens you can just flush in the old partition and keep using that, if you make a backup of it.
>>
>>57448089
>if that happens you can just flush in the old partition and keep using that, if you make a backup of it.

How? Sorry for all the spoonfeed requests but I'm confused now
>>
>>57448094
That's not easy to explain without an appropriate guide. What do you know about partitions? (e.g. what they are, how they are created etc) I'll try to give you some link depending of what you know and can do.
>>
>>57448100
I actually don't have a partition, but a 250gb SSD where windows is installed
>>
>>57448104
Well, there is always a partition, it's called partition but that's just a convention term to describe a volume in your hard drive (or solid state drive) where files are stored or can be stored. I've a guide somewhere for a software to make partition copies/backups, I'll try to find it and post in a minute or so.
>>
How big is the difference between the 212 Evo and the 212 Plus?
>>
File: todo.png (2MB, 665x8325px) Image search: [Google]
todo.png
2MB, 665x8325px
>>57448104
Here is a software very easy to use:
http://www.easeus.com/download/tbf-download.html

Any software that can make partition copies works, when you need to make backups. You can use this guide as a base, since the software has been updated and some things changed, it doesn't look the same but you'll be fine once you learn the base terms.

In case you can't figure out how to use the program, this guide will probably help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw1l3c8feGw

This is a generic explanation about partitions:
https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-partition-2625958
>>
>>57448156
>this guide will probably help you
forgot to mention, that video guide is NOT for that software I recommended, but it explains some things about partitions in win10 that will help you understand.
>>
>>57447969
They're basically ATX boards, but smaller and with fewer things.

They're totally fine.

>>57447102
install gentoo
>>
>>57448156
thanks m8
>>
is youtube under ddos or something? any live stream I try to watch doesn't work.
>>
What's a good PDF viewer?
>>
can't post images anymore wtf?
https://i.sli.mg/FA1opF.png

is it just me?
>>
>>57448394
sumatra pdf is pretty neat for me:
https://sumatrapdfreader.org/download-free-pdf-viewer.html
>>
>>57448413
Thanks!
>>
>>57448400
The site is effectively being DDOSd from the heavy amount of traffic Trump winning has brought.
>>
>>57448394
Samtura pdf hasn't failed me at all past 2 years.
>>
just did a fresh install of windows and now my mouse movements are laggy and sometimes its unresponsive also the mouse wheel doesnt work. checked devices and its coming up as the default microsoft mouse instead of a g400s tried uninstalling mouse software and plugging it in again and it just reinstalled the microsoft mouse software
>>
"Access violation at address 100234E3 in module 'EzULIB.dll'. Read of address 264800."

What does this mean
>>
>>57445165
>math skills are subpar
>still got a degree anyway

If you know how to count and do arithmetic, you can get by.

Discrete Math and knowing about O Notation are really helpful.
>>
>>57448449
try the logitech guides:
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g400s-optical-gaming-mouse

>>57448472
have you updated the driver or something? other people had a similar problem here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/access-violation-at-address-1002787din-module/a6c121d4-c25b-4e7e-a9b7-0cf1a91f87e8#LastReply
>>
How do I right-click on a MacBook? I have no idea how those work
>>
>>57448562
press with two fingers
>>
Whats the best "muh freedoms" browser
>>
>>57448569
Youre a true blue legend mate
>>
>>57442252
im getting a 502 connection error when i post please help :(
>>
Took apart a tablet and found a wonky power button. Inside the switch, the metal buckling bit seems to have bent in or lost tension. What can I do?
>>
File: 1478613356518.png (73KB, 201x226px) Image search: [Google]
1478613356518.png
73KB, 201x226px
holy shit my post finally went through. thanks /g/. you guys are the best.
>>
>>57448620

same here I can't post anywhere
Just 1 in 100 chance.
>>
Is there any good free alternative to MacBartender?

>inb4 install gentoo / do it manually
I don't want to spend five hours trying to remove an icon from my menu bar.
>>
File: 3130404-4khdr.jpg (42KB, 490x302px) Image search: [Google]
3130404-4khdr.jpg
42KB, 490x302px
are there any wide color gamut (HDR) pc monitors that conform to the consumer HDR10/Dolby Vision standards, i.e. you could run netflix hdr or one of the new hdr consoles on it?

Or any idea when one will become available?
>>
Soi have a dell 3558 which is apparently vulnerable in Linux to a bug that when you suspend the laptop, and you wake it up, you have a high probability to get a system freeze and kernel panic, so the more times you suspend, the more probably it is to get a crash. This is reported from long ago but no solutions. So the thing is, having an ssd as system drive, what should I use as alternative to suspension, which is a function almost indispensable nowadays in a laptop?
>>
Is it worth having both Adblock and UBlock in the same Firefox browser, /g/? Or will they clash?

Also, now that MyWOT cucked me hard, what's a good alternative addon for FF?
>>
>>57448836
its pretty pointless to have both
>>
>>57448837
Thanks. I'm considering switching to UBlock; maybe it can compensate for the lack of MyWOT?
>>
>>57442252
I forgot the name of a new secure private chat software for android and pc and if anyone knows please tell me, it's not signal, its newer, possible gnu licensed?
>>
>>57443637
do you have permanent access to the router where the to-be-controlled Pi is?

if so you can just port forward a small range of ports and SSH through the public IP.
>>
Can my roommate see the websites I've visited using his wifi?
>>
can i clean my mouse, keycaps with screenwipes?
>>
>>57448978
If he wanted to yeah
>>
>>57448701
I'm interested in this also
>>
File: gediJ.png (10KB, 502x417px) Image search: [Google]
gediJ.png
10KB, 502x417px
>>57447801
Thanks. As it turned out to, the term I was looking for is simply "load" and "loaded voltage divider" which clarified everything.
>>
File: chromium.png (171KB, 476x357px) Image search: [Google]
chromium.png
171KB, 476x357px
>>57447420
That's what I have, it still redirects to my country's.

Also I get this error sometimes with YT videos, mostly the first time I load a video after first starting ungoogled-chromium. If I refresh it it loads normally, any clue what might cause it?
>>
File: 1478494349995.jpg (647KB, 2742x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1478494349995.jpg
647KB, 2742x1640px
There's a bunch of images in a plaintext web directory I want to view. What's the best way to go about it?
>>
Anyone here have a Xiaomi Air Notebook, if would you recommend it? Looking for something with good build quality.
>>
>>57448076
>Man, you don't need that shit. Just get a $1000 1080p/60FPS rig.
>another day, another time /g/ays telling each other what to get by their own lackluster standards
>>
>>57449390
>>57449390
>>57449390

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD
>>
>>57449265
click on them
>>
>>57449402
There's hundreds, I just got a plugin that lets you drag and select to open links.
>>
>>57448978
Use tor if you don't want him to see.
https://www.eff.org/pages/tor-and-https
>>
>>57442252
The chinkphone I bought has a anti glare coating on its screen. How do I remove it?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.