[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 48

File: 2-21.jpg (40KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
2-21.jpg
40KB, 250x250px
Previous thread is almost archived edition.

This thread is for you to ask questions that don't deserve their own threads.
>>
File: wifi.jpg (11KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
wifi.jpg
11KB, 355x355px
can I use a wi-fi card to receive radio channels and other radio frequencies than default wi-fi signal?
>>
>>57399828
>>57399828
>>57399828
>>
File: weather.jpg (298KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
weather.jpg
298KB, 1600x900px
Can i put a extra bar that shows weather? like in the pic
>>
Is there a whiteboard program for a Windows tablet computer that I can write in a large area and scroll/pan?
>>
So I want to learn a programming language during down time at work. The only internet i will have is what i can tether off my phone which is 6gb a month. Is there a book or download that comes with videos of a guy running me thru what to do and I just follow along?
>>
>>57400734
interesting
>>
>>57400851
you need to learn to program, not to learn a language
>>
>>57400851
heh, I am googling all the time while learning and while programming
good luck, better save those gb
but it should not be that much... overal, its always mostly text

anyway read this
http://diveintopython3.net/
>>
>>57400791
It's called Rainmeter.
Look it up.

>>57400734
No, I don't think so.
>>
>>57401011
I just installed and it just shows some widgets that i don't need
>>
File: BF.png (36KB, 1133x855px) Image search: [Google]
BF.png
36KB, 1133x855px
Hi, I've just finished wrinting down a little 1v1 videogame and now i want to start programming it.
What programming language should I use /g/?
Here's some features I want to use:
The game is similar to the classic pokemon 3v3 combat style with the difference that it's not turn based,, it's based on time: cooldowns and resources regeneration per second and also the "trainer" has a life bar.
I' want to add 3d graphics with Blender but this needs to be the last problem cause i want to code the game first so i can test it and make sure that everything works well.
That being said, i want the game to be playable without graphics, using a command reader and a battle-log that i can check everytime i want to see things like enemies health and resources.
Also is there a way to code the whole thing so that at some point I can decide if i want to implement it on a web app, a mobile app or a simple pc game to unload on Greenlight?
If everything goes well I'll also need to add adds and a skin shop cause i like money.
I had some good experience with Java programming language at school but I' m not gonna use it cause it's too gay. I've heard about prototype OOP and dynamic languages but being that my only true programming experience is Java I can't understand how to adapt to the situation.
I'll be happy to learn a decent programming language cause i have literally nothing better to do.
That's it /g/, I know this question is pretty confused so if you have any doubts on what I exactly want ask me and I'll try to add some details. (also sry for my engrish)
>>
Why is my PC running games way shittier than it used too? I ran viruses scans and shit, and theres nothing slowing it down. I don't know why it's making games I played super smooth now get less than 60 fps
>>
>>57400684
I can't be arsed to keep hunting down drivers for my laptop after it died, I'm struggling to find a working driver for nvidia.

Could anyone recommend program that will just download the best driver? I remember some posters on /g/ use a decent program just to find drivers when they can't be arsed.
>>
>>57400796
Did you try OneNote?
Theres also Windows Journal
>>
How do I update Google Chrome on Ubuntu?
>>
I don't know much about VPNs.

Can they be used to bypass the need of port forwarding? I'm asking because I'm renting at a place where I can't access the router. I'd like to connect to my own media server that I host there while I'm out.
>>
>>57400684
So, here's my stupid question /g/. I don't know if I should post it in a programming thread, but anyways:

I'm in need of a javascript that, whenever there is a post, checks for dubs, trips and the like, and highlights them in a non-invasive way, by changing the repeating digits' color to, let's say, red. It should also not conflict with 4chan-X. I'm willing to pay in gratitude and internet hugs whoever helps me. I was told a thing like this can be done with "a simple regex replace" but I only know how to filter by regex, the rest of javascript is moonrunes to me.
>>
>>57401383
you got there good project that a half retarded 12 year old could do if he would spend few months on it

so try learning bit of html,css,js and do it over a longer rainy weekend, or during xmas break

dont let opportuinities pass, its seldom people get idea thats doable with bit of reading
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478365405135.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478365405135.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
So lithium batteries bursts into flame when pierced
But does a charged one explode harder than a depleted one?
I really don't know jack about this, just wanted to know
>>
I was told to wake for zen before upgrading. Isn't zen just a meme? I've been wanting to go Intel anyway.
>>
>>57401677
I meant wait *
>>
How do I get the best camera settings for photos on my galaxy s7?
>>
>>57401677
chances are that if you go intel way when zen is out, it will be cheaper because finally some competition

and zen looks extremely promissing at the moment
and the world is keeping the eye on single core performance, since we learned from bulldozer
if you can, wait
if you got some really old shit then buy..
>>
How come no Linux distro seem to reckon I have a Windows installation on my drive? I wanna do a dual boot but if I installed any distro on my disk, grub would prevent me from booting Windows
>>
>>57400684
How do i set irfanview as my default viewer on windows?
>>
How do VPNs and torrent trackers work together?

Do companies still see your IP?
>>
>>57401783
strange
what distros you tried and what hardware you got, uefi or bios motherboard?
>>
>>57401791
Options > Properties > Extensions ..

Checkmark all the ones you want to open with Irfanview.
>>
>>57401804
they see vpns ip
only VPN service sees your ip
its like you got a friend who goes to a drug dealer to bring you goods
>>
>>57401791
1.Select your file
2.Right clic
3.Open with
4.Select a program in a list
You can set a program by default like that.
>>
>>57401828
So do they send the VPN warnings of copyright infringement?
>>
>>57401791
with the extensions you want... png, jpg, gif, bmp,... shift+righmouseclick, open in application, checkbox always use this application to open these files
>>
>>57401838
they dont, they see its vpn they dont bother with such nonsensnse as it would be mostly waste of time

also often vpns are in russia or countries out of jurisdicture
>>
>>57401826
>>57401835
>>57401841
Got it thanks fellas
>>
>>57401815
I was planning to dualboot with Debian, but it seems ubuntu installation wizard didn't recognize it either. My motherboard is Gygabyte GA-B75-D3V and all my disks are GPT. The only thing is that I haven't set up the AHCI mode for boot because for some reason Windows seems to BSOD
>>
I have an older Sandy Bridge i5 2500k overclocked to 4.0 GHz.

The new Skylake i7-6700K's also start at 4.0 GHz. Because the clock speeds are the same, would I even notice a difference if I "upgrade"?
>>
>>57401918
forget debian, its for old people

>AHCI mode for boot because for some reason Windows seems to BSOD
you installed when it was ide mode, so depending on your windows you need to make some changes before you can switch to AHCI, in win7 you need to make registry change, gogole it
while in 8 and later you just restart while holding shift to choose startup mode so you can go to safe mode, then on boot go to bios change to ahci and continue to safe mode, restart after wards and shit is fine

anyway, no idea why grub is not seeing oyur win
>>
I'm using a single 8 Gb stick of DDR4 RAM (Kingston Savage) on my mobo (Asus H110 m-k) that supports dual channel. Am I bottlenecking my RAM? Does RAM performance have any impact on gaming?
>>
>>57401946
not really
theres been lot of talk if skylake finally pushes sandybeidge owners
resounding No was the answer in most tests
wait for zen and intels answer to that
chances are that affordable 6/8 cores are coming from intel after zen smashes the market
>>
>>57401946
Yes, you will. I invite you to look at the i5 6500 or 6600k instead though.
>>
The mydigitallife thread is the legitimate Microsoft Toolkit, right?
>>
>>57402000
Yup

Nice digits
>>
File: dualchannel.png (87KB, 1073x690px) Image search: [Google]
dualchannel.png
87KB, 1073x690px
>>57401959
no
actually you might get better performance
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/does-dual-channel-memory-make-difference-in-gaming-performance/6/
>>
>>57402000
use kmspico
it works on more products
also dont forget to exclude program files / kmspico afterwards
>>
What's a good small HDMI monitor? By small i mean just a few inches, no more than 7. If that's no good, how much input delay would a HDMI to VGA adapter create?
>>
>>57401956
Yes I did install it before even knowing what AHCI was about, I didn't know I was in need of chaning the registry, thanks f a m
>>
>>57402037
too niche subjects
why would we know 7" monitors?
>>
>>57402037
>7" HDMI monitors
Is that even a thing?
>>
>>57402049
you can use windows version of grub to find you linux...

EasyBCD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CHNVBfzZhQ
>>
>>57400684
where's the best place to find adobe photoshop cs6
>>
File: vid_1478375130.webm (558KB, 973x680px) Image search: [Google]
vid_1478375130.webm
558KB, 973x680px
>>57402098
>>
>>57401998
Is it simply the newer architecture?

The i5 6500's start from 3.2 GHz, which is slower than my current clock speed. My understanding was the the clock speed was the dominating factor.
>>
File: the weeb furries started it.png (1MB, 1100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the weeb furries started it.png
1MB, 1100x1200px
*raises paw*

What RAM should I get if I'm running a GTX 1070 and an i5-4460 @ 3.20GHz?

16GB of DDR4? Or will 16 GB DDR3 be enough?
>>
I've never used watercooling before. How big of a risk are leaks?
>>
>>57402222
You will need a new mobo + cpu for ddr4
>>
>>57402222
fuck off you disgusting thing
kill yourself today
>>
>>57401956
Getting to switch drives to AHCI somehow did Ubuntu recognize my disk, thanks anon!
>>
I enabled adaptive voltage/frequency on my new CPU so that it doesn't run at full clock speed and max voltage all the time. however, working in software like adobe indesign is slow and unresponsive, with scrolling and zooming being borderline unacceptable. Is this just how it is, or is there a special function that I can enable so that I get the speed right when I need it?
>>
>>57402235
Oh damn, I totally forgot about that.
>>57402244
Ouch.
>>
>>57402247
neat.jpg

thanks
>>
>>57402367
meant for>>57402163
>>
>>57402074
Composite monitors for camcorders exist in similar size, so I thought someone here might know of HDMI ones of similar size
>>
What do y'all think about using Google DNS? I've been having some wifi issues and I think it's DNS related problems since I've switched channels endlessly and that doesn't seem to improve my intermittent connection.
>>
>>57402689
I never used anything else
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-04+at+10.04.11).png (101KB, 534x1267px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-04+at+10.04.11).png
101KB, 534x1267px
Is there a decent place to buy spare parts for a CRT monitor?

I got pic related new in the box for $40 but it died about a month after I purchased it.

It powers on now but when it died the video flickered for about 5 seconds and now it just displays a black screen. I think the flyback transformer is dead. It would always crackle a little bit (very softly) when I powered it on.

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.
>>
>>57402743
>spare parts for a CRT monitor
>flyback transformer is dead
so any electronic shop
>>
>>57402715
And if I'm already using the forbidden chrome does Google DNS affect privacy any more?
>>
How much would a third-party high performance computing cluster (not run by a university, or a corporation like AWS) cost per computational hour on ARM and X86? Does one have better performance for certain types of tasks? I know using GPUs would be undesirable since everything would have to be written in CUDA, but what would the cost of that be for comparison?
>>
>server is centos host with kvm installed (only shell and virt tools)
>client is debian with gnome
is there a way i can connect to the server with my client (via ssh) and manage the VMs running on my server using a gui like virt-manager without installing a DE on my server?
>>
whats the best budget laptop (or 2in1) that has good battery life? I won't use it as my main, I want it for school things and surfing..
>>
>>57402970
whats the actual budget?
>>
>>57400734
No there are band pass filters on both lower and upper sides.
>>
File: TypingWebKeyboard.png (51KB, 600x275px) Image search: [Google]
TypingWebKeyboard.png
51KB, 600x275px
Not sure if this is the place to ask, is it worth trying to learn the proper typing technique (10 fingers) when I already type at 115-120 wpm? (I basically type with four fingers, my index and middle fingers.)
>>
>>57402977
idk I want to buy something under 300 or even 250 dollars..
>>
>>57401292
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

Find a PPA if the latest version/beta version is not in the default repo's, or just build it from source.
>>
>>57401578
Yes, a fully charged one will explode with more force.
>>
>>57403032
go in to thinkpad general thread
finding some second hand T420
>>
>>57403049
I think it's too heavy to carry around, looking for something lighter 1kg~~
>>
>>57401780
>the world is keeping the eye on single core performance

Sure if you exclude the entire server market from "the world".
>>
>>57403070
well go find some chromebook faggot
>>
Any Intle SRT cache users here?
Is it worth the effort just for data/games/torrents drive? With system on separate partition of SSD.
>>
>>57403070
x220.
>>
>>57403092
lol, thanks. will check chink 2in1s
>>
>>57403085
because sqt on /g/ is overly concern with the server segment you fucking reprobate?

also keeping eye on number of cores/threads is easier
>>
>>57402689
I use google DNS cause my ISP is literally Satan.
>>
>>57402960
>CUDA

Fuck CUDA, just use OpenCL.
>>
>>57403007
Yes stop typing like a heathen.

Also the C in that picture should be blue, not green.
>>
>>57403171
Time Warner is killing me and so far even switching to google dns won't solve the loss of internet connection every 20 min. I doubt it's a modem issue but does anyone else know this problem?
>>
>>57403122
>Lets just pretend like Xeons/Opterons don't exist

>2016 "nothing uses more than one thread anyway" - /g/
>>
>>57403272
>cant read
>>
>>57403007

whether you want to retrain yourself is up to you but don't follow that fixed column per finger rule, qwerty is very left hand biased and certain common words like you are always going to be typed faster if you use your left hand for the y
>>
File: 1431525897846.png (36KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1431525897846.png
36KB, 853x543px
>parents have two old as fuck computers (approximately '96 and '05, I think)
>they want to get rid of them because they're taking up space
>there's old photos etc on them that they want to keep
>they don't have any compatible mice/keyboards so can't just copy it onto disks or whatever
It should be possible for me to just take out the hard drives, then transfer the data elsewhere with a USB cable, right?
I haven't had a chance to come over and look inside yet, but I'm assuming that I'd need both a PATA-USB cable and a SATA-USB cable, of which I have neither: are there any particular ones that /g/ would recommend?
>>
So I downloaded WebMCam for some small recording activities, but I've never used ffmpeg and the exe keeps crashing on boot. I do realize I need apply a script for it to boot webmcam, but how do I go ahead to doing it?
>>
>>57403232
>>57403307

Well, as I'm starting with this typing.com website they specifically said that "you may feel like typing C with your index finger, don't do it! Proper technique will help you in the future" or some shit like that, is there some more proper rule/guidance?
>>
>>57403325

Just buy adapters for the mouse and keyboard.
>>
I was gifted a Lenovo Ideapad 100s and I can't get it to boot from a Linux USB. I want to wipe Windows 10 because it runs like shit on only 2GB of RAM, but the netbook was free and it is perfect for on the go stuff.

Anyone know how to get this thing to boot a Linux distro so I can switch it over?
>>
I found a destroyed chinkpad and need to know how to turn it on.

Keyboard died lately but i had planned ahead and turned on WoL which used to work, but not anymore, maybe the mac address i got is wrong or something... Any idea?

>Inb4 garbage
>>
File: cutmylifeintopieces.jpg (27KB, 499x242px) Image search: [Google]
cutmylifeintopieces.jpg
27KB, 499x242px
>>57400684
I'm writing a calculator program in java however when I input a single number repeatedly the program breaks and doesn't display the error message I made. How do I prevent the program from failing like this and display the error message?

try
{

System.out.println("Seperate numbers with white space, such as 'A + B'");
System.out.println("Enter your calculation: ");

firstInput = in.nextInt();
operation = in.next(".").charAt(0);
secondInput = in.nextInt();

}
catch(Exception e)
{
System.out.println("Error: improper formatting detected.");

}

pic related
>>
>>57403480
my indents are all fucked up in this post but its not actually like that
>>
I just built my first comp.
I got it to post and boot. My OS is windows 10 pro
I can't seem to connect to the internet through a wired connection.
Where do I find the network driver update for my system? Where do I find my make and model? Would it be on my mobo?
>>
Why is Nvidia Control Panel always so laggy?
>>
>>57403541
Yes, look up your mobo number. Download everything from the manufacturer's website.
>>
>>57403195
OK, but regardless how much would the time cost?
>>
I'm going to be setting up a RAID with three 2tb disks. Which RAID should I run those on? Should I get a raid card or just stick with software?
>>
So i'm looking to send a 300 megabyte video to 2 of my friends across the states so we can communal watch it. Any easy way to send it to them?
>>
>>57403731
ftp
>>
What's the cheapest way to gain about 20TB of HDD space for my NAS?

Right now newegg has 5TB Toshibas for around $135 but I figured I should ask. Going to finally get around to making a NAS for my games and animu.
>>
File: fft16_mf3249328.jpg (12KB, 355x203px) Image search: [Google]
fft16_mf3249328.jpg
12KB, 355x203px
>>57400684
Anybody had any experience with Lenovo Yoga 11
>>
File: hur.jpg (3KB, 108x125px) Image search: [Google]
hur.jpg
3KB, 108x125px
Ok Im not familiar with /g/ and my question is likely to be extremely retarded by your standars,but here is the thing

>be a southamerican spic
>be obsessed with playing a game where LAS/LAN is not allowed
>install hotspotshield because Im a technological retard that cant into proxies
>can play said game now,but turns out the game is dying and I only get matched with guys that wipe the floor with me because they are at like level 40-70
>stop playing instantly,feelsbadman
>turns out now I cant browse the internet normally
>whenever I try to open any site I only get "server not found"
>at times,internet goes smoothly,but for very short ammounts of time,and then I go back to server not found
>can only use internet with an ethernet cable now

I greentexted it and went full blogmode only so I can get accurate answers,in case its an annoying or non appropiate format for this kind of thread
>>
>>57403959
Forgot to add that my problem is that I dont want to be condemned to use an ethernet cable forever,how do I fix this thing?
>>
What's a good key chain I can buy? Gotta be simple, functional, indestructible. Best I found up to now is FreeKey. Anything better?

Didn't want to start an everyday carry thread just for this
>>
In a ddr4 system, what is the lowest ram frequency that I can set in the bios?

I'd like to overclock a skylake CPU by adjusting the BCLK, but I'm not sure how fast my ram needs to be as ram frequency also depends on the BCLK speed.
>>
>>57403731
for normies, upload to youtube, leave the video unlisted.

>>57403723
You've got three options
RAID 0: fastest, 6TB usable, all your data's gone if one drive dies
RAID 5: slowest, 4TB usable, one drive can die.
RAID 1: 2TB usable, two drives can die.

Software's fine unless you need to boot Windows off it.
>>
>>57403325
I use a cheap (like £2) Amazon SATA to USB cable on my makeshift external hard drive. It works pretty well, no problems whatsoever.

I guess a cable is a cable, doesn't matter what you buy unless you're buying analogue cables
>>
What's the best replacement YouTube replacement app?
>>
>>57404111
I was leaning to RAID 5
>>
Hard drive has the click of death I put in the freezer still didn't bootup. Anyone try anything else? Would ike to see if I needed anything off there probably not tho
>>
>>57403416
Have you got usb booting enabled in the bios? Fn+F2 is the combination for my ideapad.
>>
are heatsinks on ram a meme
>>
>>57404250
Depends. Do you overclock the RAM? Does it actually reach temperatures outside its normal operating range?
>>
>>57402187
Higher IPC (instructions per clock) - newer architectures can get more performance out of the same amount of clocks. An upgrade from a 2500K to a 6600K is small since Intel's IPC gains are rather small with every new architecture release.
>>
>>57402187
(Cont.) I should add that the 6600K should perform better in memory-intensive programs as it uses the newer and faster DDR4 RAM. If you want to compare only CPU architectures then look into 4670K (ddr3) vs. 2500K (also ddr3).
>>
I'm considering getting the CyberGhost VPN humble bundle.

My only concern is I think it'll just be for one device. What if I want to stream media to my phone or something? Or just be more secure on my phone? I want more than one device right?
>>
really stupid question coming through: how do i connect an iphone 6 to a dvi only monitor on the cheap? the only adapter i can find is the apple lighting to hdmi, but i'm not spending 45€ on that shit
>>
File: intro_40ba92_01[1].jpg (482KB, 1200x855px) Image search: [Google]
intro_40ba92_01[1].jpg
482KB, 1200x855px
what's a good, durable laptop with decent battery life (5-6h in one charge is all i need), lightish (~1.5kg would be ideal) for around 400€? i don't care about screen res or panel quality, 1366x768 is all i'll be needing for the office use it's gonna get.

pic related, i'm considering buying one of these puppies 2nd hand but they're a bit on the heavy side
>>
>>57403480
I tried your code and that section works for me. Why are you using ints instead of doubles
>>
>>57403959
>>57404003
pls respond
>>
>>57404591
I've got a Lenovo too, and it's great. ~9 hours on battery life.

But yeah, the only problem is it can be a tad heavy in my backpack. If you can overlook that one fault, it's great.
>>
File: 1451431579012.jpg (436KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1451431579012.jpg
436KB, 1280x1280px
>>57404629
its required for the program that I need to write for some weird reason

I'm sort of going above and beyond what I need to do but its still bothering the fuck out of me

heres the rest of my code, sorry about the indents

switch(operation)
{
case '+':
result = firstInput + secondInput;
System.out.println(firstInput + " + " + secondInput + " = " + result);
break;

case '-':
result = firstInput - secondInput;
System.out.println(firstInput + " - " + secondInput + " = " + result);
break;
case '*':
result = firstInput * secondInput;
System.out.println(firstInput + " * " + secondInput + " = " + result);
break;
case '/':
if (secondInput == 0)
{
System.out.println("Error! Cannot divide by 0, for this is: ");
}
result = firstInput / secondInput;
System.out.println(firstInput + " / " + secondInput + " = " + result);
break;
case '%':
if (secondInput == 0)
{
System.out.println("Error! Cannot calculate "+ firstInput +" modulus 0, for this is: ");
}
result = firstInput % secondInput;
System.out.println(firstInput + " % " + secondInput + " = " + result);
break;
>>
>>57404635
Sounds like all traffic is connecting through that client to the VPN now I guess?

Just uninstall it or something.
>>
>>57404746
they don't work unless I set them to 0 for some reason, I get compilation errors

sorry for posting separately im tired and keep forgetting shit
>>
Anyone know the model of this thinkpad? It has intel i5, all i know.
>>
>>57404591

Just get a Thinkpad X220, with a fresh six cell battery it should easily reach that and weights about 1.5 kg if not less.
>>
>>57404759
Looks like an X230T, possibly X240T
>>
What's the reason why 10000001 is -127 in 2's complement? I know that the left most bit is the sign bit, but is there an actual reason to it other than that? It's for a question on a paper and I'm not sure if just saying 'because of the sign bit' would be a correct answer.
>>
Im looking for an umpc compatible with linux, any recomendation?
>>
File: cover.jpg (291KB, 600x761px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
291KB, 600x761px
My C++ requires me to use either cygwin or virtual box to use some premade linux thing, however the teaching is shit so I've started reading through this book: Programming: principles and practice using C++. I've heard its one of the best for beginners.

What would you recommend I do/use alongside this book to get the best learning experience.
>>
>>57404734
Already got rid of Hotspotshield,not working
>>
Is there a script or something that makes setting up and configuring a rsync daemon stupid simple? I really don't want to spend much time on this project.
>>
File: IMG_1551.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1551.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
In iMessage, if someone has your chat in particular on Do Not Disturb, does sending messages still show the "Delivered" notification?

My female friend has not received my texts all day, they go through but it never says "Delivered" under the text like it should. However I can see she is still using her phone (posting shit on instagram)

She didn't block me, what the hell can be causing this. If she has wifi to use instagram, my texts should go through.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (62KB, 1116x352px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
62KB, 1116x352px
>>57404712
I don't know what the problem is on your end. I only tried out the + but it works for me. What did you mean by input a single number repeatedly? Like "8 8 8"?
>>
File: aaa.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>57404814
I think non of them, it's in the think pad yoga line I believe. Here are the specs:
-12.5"
-i5 3317U
-4 GB ram
-128 GB SSD
-Intel GD 4000

anyone?
>>
>>57404936
yeah so like if I did '8' enter '8' enter '8 enter' '8' enter

pic related up here:

>>57403480
>>
>>57405017
its sort of a bad picture, but basically the input boxes go away and I can no longer actually use the program I'm sort of just typing into the IDE or something
>>
>>57405000
It says twist right on it you gigantic fucking mong.
>>
>>57404759
>>57404814
>>57405000
Ok, I've found it, it's ThinkPad Twist.
>>
>>57405087
Yes, lol. Take me some time to realize that ^.^
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (127KB, 1290x634px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
127KB, 1290x634px
>>57405017
Still not getting errors. But you don't have any checkers for if they input a valid operation. Your 8 enter 8 enter 8 enter goes through for me. I think you need to have a default case in your switch statement in case it's none of the 5 operators you listed like I commented out here
>>
>>57402770
maybe in 2002
>>
I've got a fucking awful data connection at work.

They block websites, and monitor traffic so I'm forced to use my phone data, but who would have though a concrete building wouldn't propagate signals very well.

Are there any android apps or something that don't timeout when visiting websites? I can't use chrome or firefox because they just keep saying websites are timing out. some do go through so I have "some" connection, just terrible.
>>
>>57400684
How much do you think I could sell an i7 3770K, 32GB of memory with 9-9-9-24 timings at 1866 mhz and a Maximus V Formula motherboard?
>>
Where to get huge and up to date proxy list for free? I need a lot, because i need specific country.
Googling "proxy site:pastebin.com" gives some results but most of them are low quality
>>
File: BothNum.png (159KB, 637x534px) Image search: [Google]
BothNum.png
159KB, 637x534px
I'm currently helping Trump win. I'm almost half of all Trump's votes. How can I calculate exactly how much with instant update ratios? I mean I can already manually do it, but how do I use a GET command through javascript or WHATEVER with terminal or whatever to auto-update with these numbers?

my script to get this process started is

sudo apt-get install xdotool
firefox http://presidentclicker.com/

sleep 2 ; xdotool key ctrl+shift+k
sleep 1 ; xdotool type "setInterval(() => {
document.getElementById('trump').click();
}, 1);"
sleep 1 ; xdotool key Return

My perl script that I have to manually update is :
$TOT = 4931000.0 ;  # as in TOTAL trump votes
$MYN = 2186000.0 ; # as in just trump votes that were M
$RATIO_1 = $TOT / $MYN ;
$RATIO_2 = $MYN / $TOT ;

print "$RATIO_1\n";
print "$RATIO_2\n";
>>
>>57405327
How do I get continual updates on the TrumpScore and TrumpScoreWorld getting sent to my perl script calculator?
>>
File: ayyyylmao.jpg (20KB, 367x190px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyylmao.jpg
20KB, 367x190px
>>57405172
thanks so much m8 it works now. If integers are spammed the default error displays

the only issue I'm still having problems with is that if i enter a number and then try to do a correct equation, I still get an error but I don't think that really matters too much.

I think my IDE is just being stupid at this point, since you weren't having the same issue that I was
>>
>>57405411
That is how it should behave because your code is only set to read in 3 things and you're giving it 4. Which is why your catch block got executed to catch the error
>>
I need a free video editor for some extremely basic video editing work. Is there anything out there?
>>
Anyone have any experience with ThinkPad Twist?
>>
File: 1442116073412.jpg (77KB, 534x664px) Image search: [Google]
1442116073412.jpg
77KB, 534x664px
>>57405453
interesting, thanks senpai
>>
File: IMG_0592[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0592[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
after i got my rx 480 my arch install won't start X. i figured it had to do with drivers but even after installing them it doesn't respond. is it unrelated?
>>
Why don't headphones need power?

I've never understood how they work.

Do they actually need no power? Do they draw power from the device they are connected to?
>>
File: 1474519267562.png (559KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1474519267562.png
559KB, 2000x2000px
>>57404921
It sounds to me like she blocked you famalam

If someone blocks you on iMessage, your texts 'send' but the delivered text doesn't appear

try calling her
>>
File: 1478387431997.jpg (115KB, 524x541px) Image search: [Google]
1478387431997.jpg
115KB, 524x541px
Not sure where to ask this but I'm trying to rip an OVA from a DVD using handbrake because I've got plenty of cores to throw at the task.

Anyone know of any recommended settings to get the best possible video quality?
>>
File: 1476118908120.png (281KB, 640x563px) Image search: [Google]
1476118908120.png
281KB, 640x563px
>>57405571
As far as I know, it doesn't 'draw' power, it circulates it
>>
>>57405592
What does this mean?
>>
>>57405580
No idea about CLI, but handbrake-gui simply uses sliders.
>>
>>57405607
it means that the power comes from the audio signal senpai
>>
>>57405607
Dont listen to >>57405592
Hes retarded

Headohones have electromagnets in them and when they are powered the pull the end part in or push it out that's how they use power.
>>
>>57405626
>>57405649

Can you explain this as if I am a complete retard?
>>
>>57405649
shut the fuck up you fucking nigger nobody knows how fucking magnets work anyway god fucking damn
>>
>>57404846
You need a theoretic explanation, or do you just need the algorithm? Cause the algo is pretty simple.
if the sign bit is zero
interpret as binary number
else
invert bitwise
add 1
interpret as binary number
add a minus

So 10000001 becomes -(01111110 + 1)_2 becomes -127.
>>
>>57405666
http://www.explainthatstuff.com/headphones.html
>>
>>57405611
yeah and thats what I was doing. I set the video quality to 'Placebo' but I notice some wavyness where there should be straight lines like on window frames when panning across a room.

Not sure if there are setting better suited to animated videos as opposed to live action video or if maybe its just the way the video was put on the DVD in the first place
>>
If I make a NAS I will have root access. But is it possible for users to encrypt their home directories so that I can't access them even as root? Through Truecrypt or something like that?

Roommates thinking of getting a NAS but they don't want their downloads to be seen by me.
>>
>>57405685
Thanks for this.
>>
>>57403007
Absolutely not but I'm more curious as to what test says you're doing 120 with 4 fingers.
>>
>>57405775
10fastfingers.com basic 60 sec test, I would show you but right now my muscle memory has been completely fukd from practicing with new setup, working my way up from ~50 wpm
>>
File: antialias.png (85KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
antialias.png
85KB, 1920x1080px
How do I anti-alias this?

font-smoothing and text-shadow doesn't work
>>
How difficult would it be to develop my own UI for my android phone from the ground up? I realize it would be time consuming but is it feasible? Are there any templates for writing an app to use as the launcher?
>>
Do we still do malwarebytes keys?
Really haven't been keeping up with /g/ stuff
>>
>>57405814
the code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<title>Pedro Lodi</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rubik:400,900i">

<style>
.header {
font-family:'Rubik';
font-style:italic;
font-weight:black;
font-size:70px;
color:white;
text-align:center;
background-color:#266de0;
text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;
-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1 class="header">Portfolio</h1>
</body>
</html>
>>
Anyone have this problem where upgrading to Windows 10 results in an eternal reboot loop?

Am I fucked if my PC isn't even able to reset my data anymore?

Could it potentially be a harddrive failure?

I am open to the idea of making a new computer if this one is beyond saving. Or is my PC open to being fixed by a professional?
>>
>>57405840
the text-rendering, webkit, and osx (obviously) doesn't work.
>>
>>57403959
>>57404003
pls respond
>>
>>57406477
My phone is acting up.

I can't turn off the do not disturb thing.

Wat do?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161105-204512.png (390KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161105-204512.png
390KB, 1440x2560px
>>57406512
Pic related.
>>
>>57405566
Are you serious?

It's "startx" not "start x"
>>
File: 1473967745379.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473967745379.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>57402960
Bumping this question.
>>
>>57401139
if you want to get anywhere within a reasonable timeframe (taking your experience or the lack thereof, into consideration).... just use Game Maker Studio.
>>
Is it still possible to use google for Cortana on win 10?
>>
File: hcmp32567_91006_s3.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
hcmp32567_91006_s3.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
What font is on the top sign?
>>
Shoul I buy thinkpad twist or x220? I want to carry it around (school etc.) Btw x220 is almost half the price of twist.
>>
>>57406752
Not half, 2/3*
>>
>>57400684
I need to reduce the bitrate of one of my videos, wat do?
>>
File: IMG_20161106_031827.jpg (793KB, 1837x1378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161106_031827.jpg
793KB, 1837x1378px
Can I wash this laptop keyboard and expect it to work if I dry it enough?
>>
Should I build a computer or buy a cheapish premade?
>>
>>57406914
I think it would work. It could take three days or longer to dry. Replacements can often be found for $10.
>>
>>57406937
I'd need a HR layout and I don't know if I'll be able to find that online
>>
im trying to write to a javascript file using php but no newline character is working

anyone know a fix to this?
>>
>>57406926
Building yourself is usually the best option if you're gamer scum. There isn't much reason to own a desktop if you won't be using a GPU. It's often necessary to replace the PSU if you add a GPU to a pre-built, so you might as well start with all the right parts.
>>
>>57406961
You mean a service manual?
>>
>>57406986
no, I'd need a keyboard with a croatian layout if I were to replace it. The laptop is not mine currently and I'm borrowing it from the school, so I imagine I can go replace the keyboard on my own but want to at least keep the same layout

I only found one listing of such on ebay, it's 27 bucks so no thanks
>>
>>57406914
Not exactly a good idea if its not yours.
>>
>>57407014
Idk about hr kb but i can change Eng keyboards to my langs kb by 5~ stickers . Try it out but idk about hr.
>>
File: nani.jpg (203KB, 1330x702px) Image search: [Google]
nani.jpg
203KB, 1330x702px
Which one of these "boost" clocks should I get? I've never en counted this while buying a GPU
>>
>>57407113
>>57407100
I think I'll just order an US one and replace it. then when I need to return it I'll just swap to the old one and give it back.
It's so disgustingly sticky I can't handle it, and that alone is not an excuse for getting a new one because "it works"
>>
What's the nicest graphics card I could realistically use with an AMD Phenom II X6 1065T (2.7ghz, 6 cores) assuming no other system bottlenecks?
>>
>>57407151
>AMD Phenom II X6 1065T
>T
Do you have motherboard with PCIe slots to start with?
>>
>>57407151
>a $32 Intel beats it
I wouldn't bother upgrading. Just play low requirement games like Undertale and Crusader Kings II until you can afford a new PC. Or don't squander time with any video games and instead build a nice life :-)
>>
>>57400734

Neg, "default wi-fi signal" being 13 overlapping divisions of 22Mhz in the 2.4Ghz range.

(Chanel 1 being 2.412Ghz, channel 13 being 2.472Ghz)

The hardware in the wlan card would only be built to handle signals in that frequency range.
>>
>>57407120
Doesn't make too much of a difference. Go for the highest you can, but not if it's > ~$15 more.
>>
>>57407169
Yes, 2 of them. But the mobo won't work with anything better than the phenom II.

>>57407197
It's my girlfriend's rig. It had a GTX 560 SE in it but it shit the bed. She probably doesn't want to shell out $800 CAD for a decent PC when for what she wants simply replacing the card will work for what she wants.
>>
>>57407249
Replace it with another low end card then.

GTX 1050Ti for example.
>>
if any of you guys want a free game, I left ja2 at the bottom of this thread

>>>/v/356982446
>>
How dangerous are allergic reactions to medicament's?
>>
Is there a way to "hack" someones facebook? I just want to delete someones account.
>>
>>57405821
pls guys
I don't want to get hackered
>>
Why do people suddenly need thousands of dollars a month through Patreon to talk in front of a camera for ten minutes and then spend two minutes at the end of the video explaining why they need even more money?
>>
>>57407465
yes
>>
>>57407465
(You)
>>
>>57407248
thanks mate
>>
>>57405821
No.
You dont need one.
>>
I need to reinstall windows on one of my computers for one of my classes. I still have my windows 7 iso but I don't have anything to activate it with. What is the best way to get past the activation nowadays? Is it still dazloader or are there new better ways?
>>
>>57407638
Daz Loader.

Just get it from MDL.
>>
>>57407638
Dazloader just werks (tm)

>>57407615
Thanks m8. Was hoping for something with realtime protection but it doesnt look like theres anything for cheap/free
>>
What is the best bang for buck in terms of gpu? Im looking at the usual suspects, 1050 and ti but im not sure if I'm missing something or a really good deal on something slightly less powerful.

Also whats the best value in terms of cpu, thinking of upgrading that too.
>>
>>57407744
Look at Pissmark's charts.
>>
>>57407744
>best bang for your buck
Integrated

And get a 6600k or you're a poof
>>
>>57407648
>>57407658
Alright thanks guess I gotta remember my MDL account so I can view it again.
>>
>>57407490
They quit their actual jobs and don't want to go back.
>>
I've taken 2 semesters of Java programming, will have 1 semester of C by the summer. GPA in December will be around 2.5 (fucked up my grades in engineering 1st semester, switched to comp sci last semester). Where should I apply to intern this summer? Thinking about blizzard and will apply to jewgle for lels. My GPA is too bad and I'm too inexperienced to get a solid internship at like Amazon, Nvidia, or Intel. What should I look for? What are good skills to have? What should I do on my application? I don't want to work as a cashier again this summer. I think I'm going to prac some Android dev and build some basic apps to put in a portfolio. Friend of a friend got an internship at Yahoo, they're flying him to San Fran, but he knows Java, C++, Assembly, and Swift and has been doing programming for like 4 years now. Also I'm a Supreme gentleman mixed race, will that help me for most tech companies?
>>
Thinking of upgrading my GTX 770, should I go with 1060 or RX 480?
>>
>>57407879
*sips soylent*
>>
How would i go about setting up a wifi billing system? Do i need a piece of hardware as well?
>>
>>57404111
ty anon
>>57403798
I'll check out some ftp stuff for dummies, ty anon.
>>
>>57407969
You don't, because it's against your ISP's ToS.
>>
Can I build a strong gaming PC with a smallish chasis?
>>
I pay a flat fee for electricity at College, so I thought I could try bitcoin mining. Most people say it's only profitable if it outweighs my electric bills, but I'm paying the same regardless. I have a Thinkpad W550s here. Is it worth trying? If I just ran it when I slept, could I make money? Not a lot, personally I was just thinking an extra 15+ dollars a month for a pizza or to fund my gearbest spending.
>>
How can I remove window borders?
>>
>>57402222
>*raises paw*
>doesn't know the difference between DDR3 and DDR4

Why are you even here
>>
>>57406885
pls halp
>>
I have been getting usb 2-3: device descriptor read/64, error -32 on desktop when booting up ubuntu with mouse and keyboard plugged into usb 2.0 ports. when connected to usb 3.0 i dont get issue. I researched and got that it was a power issue as the usb has been drawing too much power and tripped it. Does it mean my psu is going out or a motherboard issue? any help would be appreciated!
>>
I don't know how to describe my specific question, but I'll ask it in the best way I can

Why is it that, for instance, if I had a card that supported from Dx9 to Dx11, it could still work things that used the Dx12 API? And even if I were using a graphics card that, for instance, only supported Dx12, could I still run a game that used the Dx9 API? Is there something I'm missing that's really obvious?
>>
File: music player.png (596KB, 855x618px) Image search: [Google]
music player.png
596KB, 855x618px
What program is this?
>>
>>57407912
RX 480.
>>
>>57408081
Go for it, man.
>>
>>57408246
Direct X is backwards compatible with all previous versions.

That means, if a game uses Direct X 9, and you had a card that supports Direct X 12, the card can play the game. The opposite is not true.
>>
>>57400684
Is the ATech gaming mouse worth buying? Where do I learn the lingo of computers and at least know what to do when it shits itself?
>>
>>57408364
ncmpcpp
>>
>>57406752
x220t, medium ground
>>
I know a good bit about hardware, but I have never had a single job in my life.

I want to get a job, maybe freelancing. I've been looking into Field Nation, wat do?
>>
What is the best site to learn algorithms?
>>
I"m having issue with Netflix

Every show or movie I start automatically starts with subtitles on. If I turn them off and back out and go right back in, they're automatically on again. I even went to settings > Ease of access and turned off CC there but I'm still having the same problem.
>>
where can i get a free vps with root access? specs don't matter.
>>
>>57408064
Sure, there're specific cases for that exact purpose. You will have to count with certain restrictions in your choice of hardware.

The price increase accordingly.

Look for ITX gaming case. (pic related as an example).
>>
File: 20161105_115519.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161105_115519.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Ben Frost
Converge - jane doe

Evangelion - 1st movie replaces 1st 4? Episodes

This isn't a question, I just wanted to say

>lil bro's got birthday money and wants to build pc.
>laptop dies and starts using wii-u to go on youtube
>extra hard about buying new pc
>big bro has built two in the past oh dude i'll ask him!
>spend month looking up pc parts
>month is a long time to only have access to phone and dad's laptop
>finally r/buildapc a cool $600 build
>parts arrive in like 3 days
>so far so good
>not sure if I fucked up the processor pins
>manhandled the motherboard and couldn't get it to sit solid against the back panel
>scrape, slide, screw, unscrew,repeat
>I am fucking his pc up oh mother of fuck
>finally finish it after more trouble
>plug it in, moment of truth

It's now been three straight days of black screens. No POST or BIOS. Tried to reset CMOS- didn't fix. Tried unplugging ssd and gpu, still no. Took out cpu and not smart enough/don't have magnifying glass to see if bent pins. Totally clueless. Hate that I've fucked his money up this way.
>>
File: up_bar.jpg (451KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
up_bar.jpg
451KB, 1600x900px
How can I make this up bar less laggy?
>>
>>57409081
AWS is probably your only choice, but you still need a credit card.
>>
>>57408825
You could just say you don't want to help instead of being an asshole and typing random letters.
>>
File: vmware bugged.png (32KB, 1919x1035px) Image search: [Google]
vmware bugged.png
32KB, 1919x1035px
I'm trying to boot OSX in VMware but it keeps crapping up.
>>
>>57409172
Give her proper armor.
>>
>>57409234
kek
>>
What is the best book for windows server 2012 r2?
>>
So is your home/isp router doing the NAT-ing, or is it done at a higher level - on the other end of your line. Or why not both ? One time local to outside local, then at ISP to outside global ?
>>
is there a noticeable difference between the i7 6700 and the 6700k? I was going to get the 6700k, but why pay $30 more if theres no noticeable difference/improvement?
>>
>>57409183
>still need a credit card
That's a dealbreaker

I used to have a czech vps with super high ping and 256mb of ram, but the service doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>57409267
K means it's not deliberately restricted from overclocking. Market segmentation. And the k may be higher binned, so it's cooler and more turboboosty. Doesn't the K have a higher stock clock speed? Pissmark says it does and is more better. It also says there's some Xeons you should get instead of the non-K.
>>
>>57406512
>>57406523
Pls halp.

>>57407744
For the long term, RX 470/480, and MAYBE 460, but that's a stretch.

For today, 1050 in both standard and Ti variants.
>>
>>57407744
Also, if you're looking to upgrade CPUs, get a server socket motherboard or wait for Zen.
>>
>>57409126
You deserve it.
>>
How do I run mingw32-make in CMD.exe?? My makefile looks something like this

all:: 
$(BINDIR)/$(PROJECT).hex

But VS2005 and cmd.exe tries to actually execute the fucking file instead of realising it's a make command... This works perfectly in Code::Blocks however, so I'm really confused.
>>
>>57409126
what a truly retard
>>
Any way to prevent flash player in firefox from capturing keyboard input in windows 7? I cant alt tab while watching a video.
>>
>>57409465
>flash player
There's your problem.
>>
>>57409465
>2016
>flash player
seriously? even most of the porn sites that I visit no longer require flash
>>
>>57409465
> flash
> for videos
Anyways, I don't think it can be done. I have more-or-less the same problem in Linux, in that I can't F11 while playing an h-game.
>>
Not sure if I should put this in the dpt or not, but I want to pick up C.

What IDE do you guys use/should I use? I'm running Mint if it makes a difference.

Also what book should I use to learn C? I'm taking a programming unit next semester and want to get a head start in the next 4 months.
>>
>>57409505
>>>/g/dpt
>>
is it possible to install old versions from addons on Firefox? if so how. havent updated because I hear it's a buggy mess
>>
does VeraCrypt work on SMR hard drives?

Shingled magnetic recording
>>
Anyone here knows something about Bluetooth and Bluetooth dongles? I want to write some networking programs(something like ftp server or website) but with Bluetooth, not standard internet(cable/wifi). I can buy Bluetooth 2.1 dongle for $0.70 or Bluetooth 4.0 dongle for $4. I would like to spend on it as little as it's possible. So what is the differences between standards? Only less energy usage or maybe they're adding more protocols? If 4.0 gives me more protocols I'll go with it, but if it's there's no difference I'll go with 2.1.
>>
>>57409540
I don't see why it wouldn't. Veracrypt doesn't read and write the disk. That's done by the drive's board/firmware which talks to the OS/kernel/driver which talks to Veracrypt.
>>
>>57409575

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth
>>
>>57409505
> I'm running Mint if it makes a difference
Your distribution isn't important, but I can tell you that one you might want to switch because of its devs policies toward security.

Since you're on linux you shouldn't use an IDE first.
Use a text editor like nano, vim, gedit, force yourself to write things instead of using autocompletion for everything.
To compile your programs just use gcc and eventually when you want to do something with more than 2 files, start learning how to create a makefile.
It will be useful later when you'll want to setup a project, or use some custom libraries. You'll understand better how things works, how to link libraries etc.

If you really need an IDE, I use codelite, a lot of people like code::blocks.

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources#C
>>
>>57400684
newfag here I'm trying to apply MarkC Windows 10 + 8.1 + 8 + 7 Mouse Acceleration Fix on my computer but the Display on the Control Panel doesn't display the mouse slider. Please help.
>>
How does /g/ organise porn folders? Windowsfag, if it matters.

>inb4 ">downloading porn" \n "it's like you want to ruin your hard drive, anon!"
>>
>>57410101
One folder on my desktop with one subfolder for any category worth mass downloading. But I haven't viewed porn for months. I don't need it to wank with vibrowand whenever I have the physiological need to do so. I make thick cummies a couple times a week without wasting any time.
>>
When it comes to KDE, what's the difference between using KDE Neon and using a bleeding-edge distro? Aren't the updated to the same point?
>>
>>57410142
>But I haven't viewed porn for months.
Good job.
>>
What's are the best way to dd an image onto a usb? bs=1M? Do I need to sync? count=1?
>>
>>57410194
It works the same with everything default, just takes marginally longer. I never bother.
>>
Are Android and IOS the only operating systems that are used on mobile devices?
>>
How do I block ads on a network level? Everyone keeps talking about doing it but not how to do it.

Even with the hosts file from someonewhocares or whatever I still need an adblocker anyways, so is there a better list for networks?
>>
File: 1471136378321.jpg (13KB, 305x350px) Image search: [Google]
1471136378321.jpg
13KB, 305x350px
Currently having a problem with my computer where programs stop working one by one, and it's not like an "all at the same time, all enter a 'this program has stopped responding" thing either, I can still use my internet browser, but new websites stop loading. I can still click around in the file viewer, but if I try to get away from the specific folder it's in, it doesn't do anything and just sits there. Then they stop responding, one by one, and then the taskbar stops.

I've never encountered it before, and I'm not sure if it's related to my shitty PC building skills which seemed to be working out fine for the past year, or if I was a dumbass somewhere down the line and got a virus. I wanted your guy's opinions on the topic.
>>
>>57410263
FirefoxOS.
>>
>>57409529
The latest firefox is fine, I've had no problems with the stable releases.

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
>>
>>57408904
pls

>>57410263
No, but they're the only ones that are really relevant.
>>
Whats the difference between 1150 and 1151? I just want a good PC for gaymen. Also should I get a i5 6600k or a i7 6700k? Is there any major differences besides the price?
>>
Is it possible to jam a Sandy Bridge E Xeon in a 2011-3 motherboard?
>>
I'm having trouble organizing music in foobar2000. In some albums, I will have a song tagged featuring two different artists, which is fine, but the problem is that sometimes it will knock the playback order of the music out of order. For example, when I send a collection to the queue to start playing, it will group the music by album (folder), but list the music from artist first in alphabetical order instead of by track number. What this causes are situations where track number 13 will be the first song to play instead of track 1 just because the song in question has multiple artists.

What settings in foobar2000 will allow me to tell the program to put the music in track order first instead of by artist? I checked mp3tag and it says the track numbers are properly placed.
>>
>>57410263
Sailfish and Windows Mobile excist too but they're very rare these days.

>>57410287
Use the hosts file that AdAway uses, it is pretty good. But you can't block every single ad without an adblocker.

>>57410491
1151 has one more pin than 1150, and there are some slight architecture changes too. But the bottom line is thatt Intel releases a new socket every few years so that people would keep buying new motherboards.

>>57410496
Nope.
>>
>>57410491
They're different socket types supporting different generations of CPUs, and i7 6700k if you can afford it and are retarded. I'd say better multi-core performance and slightly better single-core performance.

Honestly, just get an LGA 2011-V3 and an ES Xeon CPU.

>>57410496
Signs point to no.

Even if you do, it probably won't be compatible. Sandy Bridge can't into DDR4 RAM.

I could be wrong, though, and not all 2011-3 motherboards require DDR4 RAM, I think.
>>
>>57410531
I read somewhere that Xeon CPUs weren't ideal for gaming? Honestly all I do on PC is browse 4chan, watching youtube, torrent shit and play video games.
>>57410530
Thanks my man
>>
>>57410548
They aren't "ideal" in the sense that they have somewhat inferior single-core performance compared to consumer sockets, but if you go ES it should be mitigated considerably.

What game uses only one core nowadays, anyways? Any currently produced Xeon should be able to handle any that do.
>>
>>57401139
considering how you have little programming experience, you should probably just use a game engine like unity.

if you were to use a programming language, it would take you fucking years just to finish, and you definitely won't.

even using an engine will take you a long time.
making games ain't easy, kid.
>>
>>57400684
I was planning to change distro, but during setup of the current one i forgot to set /home to a different partition.
Is there a way to do it now?
>>
>>57410548
>>57410597
Also, any Xeon will be great for the other stuff that you mentioned.
>>
When I go between miui version on my RN3P which partitions to I have to restore? There's like 4 more than on my old Samsung device. System, data and boot are obvious but what about cust, efs and persist for example?
>>
>>57410598
This
>>
If I have an intel CPU how difficult is hackintosh really?
>>
>>57405411
import java.util.Scanner; 

public class Calculator {

public static void main(String[] args) {
Scanner in = new Scanner(System.in);
System.out.println("Enter inputs");
String[] inputs = in.nextLine().split(" ");

char operation = inputs[1].charAt(0);
int firstInput = Integer.parseInt(inputs[0]);
int secondInput = Integer.parseInt(inputs[2]);

int result;
switch(operation) {
case '+': {
result = firstInput + secondInput;
} break;
case '-': {
result = firstInput - secondInput;

} break;
case '/': {
if(secondInput == 0) {
System.out.println("Can't divide by zero");
}
result = firstInput / secondInput;
} break;
case '%': {
if(secondInput == 0) {
System.out.println("Can't divide by zero");
}
result = firstInput % secondInput;
} break;
default:
result = 0;
}

System.out.println(firstInput + " " + operation + " " +
secondInput + " = " + result);
}
}

>>
>>57410598
I made a lot of games till now, started when i was 9 modding pokemon games, when i was 12 i made an half-life 2 mod so i could play zombies in my house, between being 14-15 i decided to start making an actual tile-based roguelike RPG using java with literally no graphics then ended up last year doing a sidescroller game on unity with javascript, I know how long it takes to make a vidya, but also i know that the programming phase is usually the shortest time-spending activity if you organise well the entities ect. Now I'm 19 and I'd like to learn something new, I don't know, I'f you're so good give me an advice or something? I see a lot of people saying that using Java for RPG-like games isn't that good cause Java is not prototype-based OOP, so what should i use? Python? Javascript? Also I want the game mechanics are extremely simple, in Java it will take me 2 days to build the entire game but then i don't know if i can add 3d models and stuff, it's using unity again to me but, I'd like to code the game entirely first so i can care about the game itself. I know how to take care about inputs and 3d models but this is time-wasting shit that i want to do after playing the game with a console-like battle log.
>>
What's an alternative of Notebook Fan Control for GNU/Linux? Want to get out of the Windows botnet, but I need NbFC for my shit laptop.
>>
File: Capture.png (45KB, 998x556px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
45KB, 998x556px
in openoffice
how the fuck do i get the axis labels to desplay as 10^n, instead of this ugly shit?
>>
how hard is it to program file manager on windows with with very basic functionality?
>>
>>57410858
doing 1, 2, 3 with the legend "10^n seconds" wouldn't cut it, would it?

Is manual image editing an option?
>>
>>57410861
Seconding this.

What kind of functionality are you looking for? I think you may be able to simply call the system's open/save dialog.
>>
>>57410796
Not him, but I know Unity uses C# (along with JavaScript and Boo) so I assume they aren't being stupid.

Not at all hard to make skiddie code with it, but maybe Unity made it easier.
>>
Can you get USB cable that allow you to steal power from another device, or is the power controlled by the device itself? say I have two phones, connect them up and have one charge the other.
>>
So can i partition my ssd after ive installed windows and a bunch of games on it? can i just move the games to the new partition and leave windows, for faster boot time?
>>
>>57411368
don't bother with partitioning
>>
>>57409355
You think zen will work with am3+ boards?
>>
>>57411481
no
>>
>>57410861
>>57410939
It shouldn't be too hard. It depends on how good you are, but there isn't anything difficult really. You would have to learn one or two things
>>
>>57403542
becuase it runs on nvidia hardware
>>
Which Blu-Ray drive should I buy for a PC?
>>
>>57411662
none
>>
>>57411718
Won't help me. I need something that reads Blu-Ray discs.
>>
>>57411796
well that was your first mistake
>>
>>57411811
I do not know of any other means of acquiring HD-quality movies and animation legally on a physical medium.
>>
>>57411818
If you already own it there's nothing wrong with downloading a copy.
>>
>>57411848
Why should I buy a disc just to download it in inferior quality?
>>
>>57411718
>>57411811
This is not how the SQT thread works, fuck off.
>>
>>57411861
>inferior
you're not looking in the right places
>>
>>57411063
Ty anon, one last question: if i decide to code the mane game in javascript can i put it in unity, use the c# to control inputs/animations by leaving the javascript untouched or i need to code everything in c# and script it with javascript?
>>
computer no longer starts.
When I press the power button I hear a very short fzzrbrz, the fan starts spinning but power instantly drops.
I'd have guessed it's a power supply problem, any other ideas?
I don't have a second one to test it with.
>>
>>57411924
Comcast.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.