[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 31

File: dXdN11uzl2r2o1.jpg (115KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
dXdN11uzl2r2o1.jpg
115KB, 491x750px
>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Headphone FAQ and guides
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread
>>56960969
>>
>>56990325
who dis ho tho
>>
File: retarded.png (427KB, 580x388px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.png
427KB, 580x388px
>>56990400
DJ Heavy Grinder
>>
im not sure what headphones AREN'T made out of some cheap ass plastic shit, but my sennheisers plastic finally started cracking and breaking, and it made me very sad. now mind you this was after like 4 years of having them, they still work, i just had to tape and glue the cheapass plastic shit holding them together.

make sure to get ones with higher quality build quality if you want long lasting, if 4 years doesnt matter to you because you can buy new ones every year or whatever then thats cool, but i like my electronics to last. i still use a iphone 5 and a ipod with the click wheel thing lol.
>>
>>56990325
>girl wearing deicide
/r/thathappened
>>
>>56990560
There's a reason headphones are made of plastic. The hyperx cloud revolver headset is made of metal, and when you bump it against something, it sounds like a tuning fork near your ears.
>>
File: wtf 1472490173172.gif (1MB, 343x255px) Image search: [Google]
wtf 1472490173172.gif
1MB, 343x255px
>>56990517
>DJ Heavy Grinder
just looked up her true form... she's beyond ugly. she looks like she had a dozen surgeries to his/her face. I think this is a man.
>>
K702 best headphone
>>
>>56991157
404 bass not found
>>
>>56991022
plastic outside is fine, but when the plastic cracks and breaks they dont hold together. itd be nice if they held together on the inside with some quality shit, and just had plastic covering on the outside.
>>
>Play music on GS4 for years
>Build a computer and notice a difference in sound quality immediately

What's a cheap-ish portable player that will sound better than my phone?
>>
Asked in /sqt/ but I'm also going to ask here. The front headphone jack is quiet as shit with any device plugged into it to the point where I have to max out system volume at times just to have a reasonable volume. Is this common? Do I have a borked driver, or do I need an amp or something?
>>
>>56991793
what headphones in what do you plug it in?
>>
>>56991803
They're all fairly cheap, my IEMs are in fact a former /csg/ meme of the day. If I had something better I'd test with it. I plug directly into the headphone jack on the front of my PC's case. I don't own a dac or an amp or anything like that.
>>
>>56991815
try back of the case, might be badly connected cable
just plug it into headphone out of motherboard
>>
>>56991827
Well, there you have it. Works fine in the back. But that's kind of a pain in the ass to deal with even with my obscenely long cable. Anything you'd suggest I look into as far as correcting the front ports? I'll check the case wire connections tomorrow, but is there anything else I could be overlooking?
>>
>>56991858
cheapest way would be 3.5 jack extension cable
>>
>>56991880
Fair enough, but I'd really rather fix the problem rather than circumvent it.
>>
>>56991858
oh right, forgot
cable is probably connected directly to motherboard, mine at least has only this option, it's either motherboard line out without an amp or cable/motherboard is just that terrible
so get motherboard manual and check how it's connected, it might've been just slapped on wrong pins without thought
>>
Ive got 16 year old beat to shit HD600s, the cables are going on them for the 3rd time. I'm debating whether to replace the cables again or to get a new set. Has headphone tech advanced much in 16 years?
>>
>>56992019
they made them slightly more open in 2007 or 10
how many pads did you change?
i'd just get a cable unless you want some different sound or planars or electrics like stax
>>
>>56992019
>Has headphone tech advanced much in 16 years?
No. V6, HD600 is still going strong today.
>>
File: hd600.jpg (265KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
hd600.jpg
265KB, 1000x667px
>>56992175
I've only changed the pads once, in 2012, here's a photo from before I changed them XD
>>
>>56992475
huh, they seem to be better than the ones in 500 series
in my 558s they gone flat in 3 years
598s keep it up for the third year fine
fuck sennheiser foam discrimination
>>
Are VE Monks a meme or a decent earbud for the price?

I can't into generic IEMs cause the angle is wrong in every single one. ( tried piston 2,3, few JVCs, KZ, superlux)

t. DT990 user
>>
Anybody know a good Australian retailer that doesn't price gouge?

Alternatively, any particularly good retailers for importing?
>>
Hey /g/ I'm planning to mod my CIEM with stones or such, would that make me gay if I do that? I still don't if it will look good on me.
>>
>>56993060
There will always be markup but Addicted to Audio and Minidisc have decent prices on a lot of the stuff recommended here. HD600 in particular is cheaper here than in the US.
>>
DT770 Pro or DT990 Pro? My memory fails me on which one is supposed to be better.
>>
>Budget
£160
>Location
amazon uk
>Source
PC
>Preferred type of headphone
full-sized
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Comfortable, but not at the expense of sound quality
>Preferred tonal balance
neutral, not bright
>Past headphones
Grado sr60
Had AKG K702's for 2 weeks. I loved the detail but they were to harsh and sibilant for me so I had to return them.
>>
>Budget -150-200 bucks

>Location - Germany

>Source - Bluetooth! Wanna use them with my iPhone 7

>Preferred type of headphone - on ear

>Open or closed - closed

>Comfort level - doesn't have to feel like a pillow on my ears but shouldn't be too uncomfortable either

>Preferred tonal balance - well balanced as I listen to basically everything, from metal, to country, to electro house

>Past headphones - sennheiser momentum on ear version
>>
>>56991186
Try to get out off your ghetto from time to time.
>>
Is akg k550 good for playing games and listening to music, like everyday stuff?
>>
>>56993887
and are they confy? i wear headphones like 8 h a day.
>>
>budget
100$
>Location
cali, usa
>prefered type
over ear full
>open or close
open
>comfort level
all day movies, cs go, overwatch, gaymin, music etc. NEET
>preferred tonal balacne
good for gaymin and any music
>past headphones
ath m50s

i was thinking hd558, but maybe there are other options. also looking for using it on xbox one/consoles if possible
>>
>>56993163
DT770

>>56993265
> K702
> too harsh and sibilant
You might want a headphone that suits your ghetto mood. Also, K702 sounds slightly sibilant on just poorly mastered tracks. You're probably just overreacting and you think that sibilance is an inherent flaw of the K702, when actually it's the proof of its sonic accuracy.
For your budget I suggest a HD558. They sound warm and natural and blah blah blah all the good adjectives Sennheiser promoters describe it through, but forget about the clarity, detailing and instruments' separation of the K702, you won't find them on the HD558.

>>56993887
Yes, of course it is. K550's earcups are really large though, then the sound might not be as good depending on the size of your head. You should consider also AKG K271 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT770 80 Ohm.
>>
>>56993952
i think my head is fairly large, but i cat get some for a really good price (~65$) so thats why im asking about them.
>>
>>56994007
Then go for it.
>>
>>56992019
i'd just get new cables and pads

the only real step up would be the hd800 s
>>
>Budget
around 500 EURO
>Location
Netherlands
>Source
planning to buy schiit stack (modi, magni ubers)
full size
>Open or closed
open
>Comfort level
weir them 8+ hours a day so important
>Preferred tonal balance
Will be used for teamspeak, listing to wide range of music, watching shows and some gaming.
>Past headphones
PC 363D (already using a yeti pro for mic so dont need a headset)
>>
I'd really like a very very neutral set of open headphones for critical listening at a ~$250-~$450 range. I've looked into the Sennheiser HD600's but the roll-off at the sub-bass sort of concerns me. I don't /particularly/ like bass, but I'd like for kick drums to sound like fully-articulated kick drums instead of just clicks. Plus, I've already got a set of studio monitors for production/guitar amp sims if I really want some sort of physical presence. I'd give up the sub-bass if what frequencies it gives out are substantially more honest than other headphones in that price range, since I already have a pair of HD50's if I want warmth/"fun".
My brother has a set of HiFiMan HE-500's that have a really impactful and fast sound to the bass, but I have no idea if the highs/mids are particularly accurate. Are there cheap planar headphones that compete with the HD600's in terms of accuracy? The HE-500S in particular have me really interested.
>>
File: eb9.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
eb9.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>56991051
>implying being a trap is a downside
>>
>>56994433
> fast sound to the bass
This means nothing.
There aren't planar magnetic open headphones that are cheaper than HD600 as far as I know. If bass is all you care, forget about an open dynamic headphone and get a closed headphone like DT770.
>>
>>56994433
HE-400S is what you're talking about, but you'll want different pads otherwise the bass on them is pretty weak.
>>
>>56993136
mindisc or ebay desu
>>
>>56994565
Yeah I probably could've used a better word there. But I'm seeing authorized dealers selling the HE-400S planar headphones at like $50 less than the HD600's. And I also thought I made it clear that I prioritize general accuracy way more than sub-bass, but I'm just a little concerned about what having a high "floor" to the general range of the headphone will sound like. I don't have much audio equipment with that sub-bass, so I don't really know what it is that I'm missing.
>>56994584
Yeah, 400S.
>>
How does the SHP9500 compare to the HD598?
>>
I'm tempted as fuck to buy a pair of ath-ew9's. Is this a bad idea?
>>
>>56994716
I don't have either. But Sennheiser is the best for spare parts. Try buying Philips spare parts nada. Get the HD558 / 598.
>>
>>56994716
slightly colder [unless you want that], little bit less bass, less soundstage, similar imaging, less comfortable [but can be subjective], slightly better build quality, better removable cable, cheaper [usually], more reliable to drive

if you have the budget, get the 558's, if not, the 9500's are still pretty comparable
>>
crappy /hpg/ is crappy, only one purchase advice answered so far....
>>
>>56994427
HD600
though there might be some hifimans that might contend, im not too well educated on em
>>
>>56994789
Looking at amazon uk, the 558's are the same price as the 598's. Are the 598's better or should I go for the 558?
>>
>>56990999
it's mainstream now

>>56991051
there's nothing wrong with ricing yourself

>>56992475
obviously not yours, but I wonder how the grills got that bad
the pads are pretty expensive but you can find chink copies on aliexpress
>>
>>56994900
Depends on what you want. 598's are ever so slightly colder than the 558's. They have a slightly wider soundstage, and a bit more of a flat response. Both are slightly warm, with rolled off highs. also, the headband on the 558 is slightly more comfy IMO unless you've got short hair. [i put a HD 600 headband on my 598's, so I didn't care]

tldr HD 558 for slightly more comfort and a little more mid-bass, HD 598 for slightly more flat-ish elevated mids, bit more soundstage, and fucking moist colour pallete

realistically, theyre so similar you won't be missing out on much either way. theyre closer to eachother than HD 600's are to 650's.

I personally went with 598's because they look wack and i listen to a lot of orchestral.
>>
>>56994427
AKG K701/K702/Q701

>>56994662
> HE400S
Bad headphone, consider at least a HE400i if you want a decent planar.
If accuracy is more important than bass, you should consider cheaper alternatives to the HD600 like AKG K701/Q701/K702 and Beyerdynamics DT880.
>>
>>56994900
>>56995013
oh and the 598's have a little bit more clarity. especially in the highs.
you can mod 558's to sound essentially the same. voids your warranty though.
>>
Does hpg have an opinion on the 1More Triple driver IEMs?

Are they any good, what sort of sound do they have?
>>
>>56994900
Higher numbers are always better.
>>
>>56995019
Nothing really wrong with the HE-400S, not sure what you're on about. I would say they're very comparable to the HD 600 but the build quality isn't as good.
>>
>>56990325
>qt3.14
>edgelord metal shirt

Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>56990999
>/r/thathappened
I want reddit to leave
>>
>>56990999
we all know women can't decide anything for themselves exd amirite
>>
>>56991051
Not a man, I've grabbed her pussy myself
>>
>>56995019
>>56994880
Thanks for the suggestions, though it does stand out that non of these headphones come close to my budget, only half of what I'm willing to spend.

how come?
>>
>>56994427
>planning to buy schiit stack (modi, magni ubers)
Wait until the end of the year for this new DAC/Amp combo that will be reviewed that will run circles around Schiits offerings <$1000.

For now buy O2+ODAC if you cannot wait. Schiit is shit but if you want shit go for it.
>>
>>56995019
>>56995114
What are the characteristic differences in sound between them? The HE400S's, 400i's, and hd600's.
I'm definitely interested in the 400i's but I always have trouble finding frequency response charts and such so I'm a little lost.
>>
>>56990325
Leave it to women to listen to shitty metal just so they can be different.
>>
>>56995447
There is nothing wrong with Schitt's offerings, stop talking nonsense.
>>
>>56994390
>the only real step up would be the hd800 s
more like step down

>uneven treble
>inaccurate upper midrange
>bloated midbass response
>>
is WASAPI and ASIO snake oil?
I can't hear any difference.
>>
>>56994390
>the only real step up would be the hd800 s
I want HD600's babies to leave
>>
>>56996525
what else is there 2000x, LCDs, Stax?
>>
>tell me if I'm fucking crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aipXii-qWiQ

Is he?
>>
>>56996453
If whatever you currently have it on isn't fucking up, and testing hasn't provided you with results that alter your listening experience, why bother?

Leave it on default or ASIO or WASAPI, whichever it's currently on and forget about it.
>>
>>56990560
Best built headphones I've ever had are b&w p7's. Can honestly say they're the best pair I've ever had, fucking love the things.
>>
>>56991502
Fiio x1, or if you don't mind connecting another box to your phone, fiio q1 or schiit fulla.
>>
>>56996590
lol what? do you like going into full memes?
Speaking about high-end open headphones, the absolutely best are HD800 and LCD 2.
It's still pretty laughable that people like >>56996322 consider a HD800 as a step down compared to the HD600 only beacause HD600 measures as a "neutral" headphone, despite having far worse imaging and detail delivery.
HD800 is an excellent headphone, even though it measures only slighty better than AKG K702/K701/Q701, which is half as expensive as a HD600.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AKGK701.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD800.pdf

See also here:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurements-explained-square-wave-response-page-2#UwhIUuxzzLdMBKia.97

Both AKG K701 and HD800 come close to the ideal square wave response.
> Bright but clean response with some bass roll-off.
inb4 square waves measn shit because fr plots tell all the story already
Yeah, but since Tyll's FR plots aren't really reliable most of the times, square waves responses give a good idea of the sound of a headphone.
>>
>>56996697
>Speaking about high-end open headphones, the absolutely best are HD800 and LCD 2.
No.
>HD600 measures as a "neutral" headphone, despite having far worse imaging and detail delivery.
Cool buzzwords, bro.
>>
>>56996753
> Cool buzzwords, bro
r/headphones might be a better place for you.
>>
What's the bluetooth equivalent of SoundMagic E10s?
>>
>>56990560
I heard VModas are built like tanks, never actually seen one tho
>>
>>56994427
Get the hd600. Unless you crave heavy bass you will never need/want another pair of headphones again in your entire life.
>>
File: 1467244083292.gif (217KB, 180x280px) Image search: [Google]
1467244083292.gif
217KB, 180x280px
>Budget
$60usd
>Location
Chile, will order internationally if necessary.
>Source
S7
IEM
>Comfort level
comfy enough to use for hours
>Preferred tonal balance
either neutral or bassy.
>>
>>56996453
>WASAPI and ASIO snake oil
No. The point is:
-to disable other audio applications, exclusive mode
-reduce latency
-disable audio processing done by other applications besides the exclusive stream
>I can't hear any difference.
It's not a matter of better.

>>56996697
>since Tyll's FR plots aren't really reliable most of the times
Not really true-
>square waves responses give a good idea of the sound of a headphone.
You don't know how you make a square wave, do you?
>>
>>56996628
>Is he?
people in this exact thread say they have no bass and he says it has bass, so yeah apparently he is
>>
File: KlaK 2.png (97KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
KlaK 2.png
97KB, 853x480px
>Budget
<$200

>Location
US

>Source
3.5mm phone

full

>Open or closed
closed

>Comfort level
comfiest possible

>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral.

I need noise cancelling headphone.

guys, I've never used noise cancelling headphones but I need them now. I'm in a dorm and there's always ppl yelling and walking outside my door and it's breaking my concentration. I need something that I can put on and block shit out.

please help.. I know nothing about noise cancellation
>>
>>56996697
>the absolutely best are HD800 and LCD 2

I hope this isn't bait. The stock HD800 has its treble problems and the fazor revisions of the LCD 2 are trash. Most agree that the Focal Elear/Utopia are far better than both of them.
>>
I want to buy a simple over ear headphone that is durable, portable(ie not fucking huge) and has a neutral sounds for around max 300 eurobux.

I've been reading fucking every review on head fi, inner fidelity watching youtube reviews and lurking /hpg/ and other forums.

All I want to say is first:
-FUCK EVERYONE
Every single fucking place says something else. It's the same shit every time:
Retards saying XY at 150$ is the best ever, studio quality etc, others saying it's shit and v shaped.
Someone says XY is for bassheads, next one says the bass is insanely overbearing, third ones says bass is shit.
Someone says XY is a piece of shit for the price, names 3 shit build quality chink pieces of plastic, then continues to berate the first guy for using a (presumably) shit audio source.

I'm just an avarage guy:
I love all kinds of music and listen to at least 2 hours a day.
I don't even know what I like, am I basshead? I don't know.
I always want the best possible product for my money, which usually isn't much.
I don't understand the fucking words that come out of professional audio reviewers mouths, I have no experience in audio, half of it sounds like mumbo jumbo and the vague, incoherent mumblings of a philosophy major.

I'm done, I'm broken. This is worse than learning Javascript in 2016. I will just go into the headphone shop and ask the retarded clerk for something overpriced and shit or buy beats by dr dre.

...all I wanted was a nice portable, durable over ear with good quality sound and maybe a portable player.
>>
>>56997866
nice blog m8 where do i subscribe
>>
>>56997915
here you go:
http://autismandotherramblings.blogspot.hu/
>>
>>56997866
What is brevity?
>>
>>56997866
hd600 and schiit stack
>>
>>56997973
hd600 doesn't need more than an e10k. They sound exactly the same with the e10k and the o2 amp, which apparently sounds exactly the same as the poo stack.
>>
I need ear phones!!! Not headphones. Thanks

Budget - around 100 US

Location - New York City (For the Gym)

Source - Phone - wired

Comfort level - Good to take to the gym

Preferred tonal balance - Bass

Itd be good if they were water proof. Btw
>>
>>56990325
this picture is fake

women don't listen to deicide
>>
RHA MA750 - 89€ or HiFiMan RE-400 - 66€ ?
>>
>>56997626
>people in this exact thread say they have no bass
Most people here are either bass-heads or Sennheiser's warmth promoters, then I wouldn't take their opinions as an unbiased source.
>>
>>56998070
I was memeing the autist
both are terrible choices
>>
>>56998166
>hd600 is a terrible choice

lmao, no
>>
>>56997973
I've heard them all already bub
>portable
>>
>>56998166
>>56998197
and here it starts again, the cycle of audiomemers.
>>
>>56996628
>tell me if I'm fucking crazy
>Is he?
He's somewhere between an idiot and a product whore. Never noticed the crazy.

>>56995474
>I'm definitely interested in the 400i's but I always have trouble finding frequency response charts and such so I'm a little lost.
I don't hold too much value in the natural response, and I don't think you should either.
Anyway, Innerfidelity has the three. The HD 600 measured there is out of spec, so you may as well substitute the identical HD 580 for it.

HE400i and 400S are both more prone to leak effects than the HD600. Pad choice is more important to the Hifiman dynamics than the Sennheiser model. The HE-400S in particular has a massive loss of bass from its highly porous stock pads. Hifiman hybrid pads can help.

Quick summary
>HE400i
Most extended bass. Less upper-mid/lower treble than 400S.
>HE400S
Poor subbass stock. Still less emphasis from 1-5 kHz than HD600.
>HD600
More midbass than either of the flat dyanmics. Significant boost around 1-5 kHz relative to the Hifiman headphones.
>>
>>56998276
Everyone agrees that the hd600's are brilliant. There's like one autistic 702 owner that posts here that disagrees because he can't stand the fact that there are headphones better than his precious 702's.
>>
>>56991502
Are you sure you aren't running any processing on the phone? What headphones? S4 audio out is good.
>>
>>56998284
>He's somewhere between an idiot
shp9500 is bad then?
>>
>>56998643
It's great, I think it's better than HD558/HD598 but not HD600 levels of greatness.

The impedance response is what makes these headphones shine as opposed to the HD558/HD598, and that makes it compatible with many sources.

I do think the HD558/HD598 has a better stock sound, but it needs 0-ohm output impedance sources for them to sound decent and not like horseshit.
>>
>>56998284
>More midbass than either of the flat dyanmics.

This is the thing about level matching graphs, when I listen to the HE-400i and HD600 side by side, I hear more mid-bass on the HE-400i than on the HD600. I haven't spent much time with the HE-400S but from the short time spent listening to it I knew that I hated it.

HE-400i is a decent headphone, provides more bass than the HD600 and that's a plus for many who aren't satisfied with the HD600's bass output.
>>
>>56998887
I wonder if they discontinued them because it was cannibalizing fidelio market
>>
>>56998941
Dunno, I also like the SHP9500 more than the Fidelio X2, by a significant amount.
>>
Is there much difference between buying a cheap USB sound card and a more expensive one? My laptop jacket isn't working anymore, so I need to get one.
>>
>>56999087
how cheap are we talking about here
>>
>>56999087
Behringer UCA202
>>
>>56999140
As cheap as possible. $15 USD or less, ideally

>>56999146
I don't need anything fancy though. It's just as a replacement of the faulty audio jacket of my computer.
>>
>>56998643
>shp9500 is bad then?
I have never heard it, nor have I watched that particular video.
I did force myself to sit through another one of his videos. It was a count of how badly he misrepresented how headphones work before I got sick of it.

>>56998937
>This is the thing about level matching graphs
There are several things I haven't said about how I evaluate them and place the reference point, and trying to reconcile these discrepancies is tedium incarnate.
>>
>>56998311
>There's like one autistic 702 owner
Shut up kid, there are plenty of 702 owners here. Every person that's neither biased towards HD600 nor a Sennheiser promoter knows that the K702 is more than a valid alternative to the HD600. Back when K702 cost around 340€ it used to be considered on par with the HD650, which is a superior HD600. Now that K702 is almost half as expensive as the HD600, everyone owning a HD600 tries to justify its larger price by saying that's inherently better, whereas trustful measurements (so both Innerfidelity and Goldenears don't count here) disagree.

>>56998968
>I also like the SHP9500 more than the Fidelio X2
It's not hard to believe. I used to own the Fidelio X2, it had definitely too much midbass, poor sub-bass and bad treble.
>>
>>56999583
>kid
>extreme butthurt
suuure you're not underage
>>
>>56999583
>whereas trustful measurements (so both Innerfidelity and Goldenears don't count here)
[citation needed]
>>
Getting a phone with a USB C port. Are there USB C compatible DACs and amps?
>>
>>56999747
>USB C compatible DACs and amps
You don't plug an amplifier into a USB type-C port, USB doesn't make provisions for analog signaling over the connector. You plug in a DAC to get the audio signal.
Adapter cables work, and you needed a cable to connect to most of these devices in the first place. Hook it up to a small dongle combo or a portable DAC/amp.

HiFime makes a DAC/amp that uses Type-C by default, but that might not be the form factor you want.
>>
Any cheap AMPs or DACs that would connect to my computer through UBS? I've got a broken audio jack, so I'm thinking of this as a solution.
>>
>>57000364
Stop repeating yourself >>56999087

>>>/g/csg
>>
>>56995186

Underrated post of the day
>>
>>56997651
anyone???
>>
>>56997651
>>57000540
You don't need a noise cancelling headphone, you simply need a full-sized close headphone needing good isolation. I recommend eithr a Beryerydnamic DT770, or a AKG K271 MKII or a Sony MDR 7506
>>
>>56997651
>please help.. I know nothing about noise cancellation
>guys, I've never used noise cancelling headphones but I need them now. I'm in a dorm and there's always ppl yelling and walking outside my door and it's breaking my concentration. I need something that I can put on and block shit out.
Noise cancellation is most suited to dealing with low frequency and steady noise. The passive isolation of the headphone deals with this.

>>56998080
>NYC
Could go try the demo selection from either B&H or AC Gears.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (270KB, 1016x732px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
270KB, 1016x732px
Should I buy the blue DAC because it's cheaper and the receiver has better specs?

I will be pairing it with Objective 2 amp later. Both chips are the same PCM5102A. Why is ODAC much more expensive for what it is ($30 vs. $149)? They come with different usb receivers SA9227 and SA9027 http://www.saviaudio.com/product.html
>>
>Budget
$100 / 89.4 €
>Location
Norway, prices are high af
>Source
Nexus 6P
no IEMs
>Open or closed
Preferrably closed, will use outside
>Comfort level
Comfortable enough but not really a priority
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral-ish. Not that important
>Past headphones
Had IEMs for walking outside, but I'd rather have on-ear/over-ear headphones. So the design is pretty important as well
>>
>>57000752
thanks!
>>
>>57000862
>because it's cheaper and the receiver has better specs?
>Both chips are the same PCM5102A
Circuit building is different from playing PC parts assembly in that you don't just drop in new parts to get improved performance. The entirety of the circuit, component matching and quality, physical layout sets its performance.

That doesn't mean you need the ODAC, as it was meant for "overkill" performance. Plenty of cheaper DACs work well, but the performance is not known.
>>
>>57000153
I'm aware. Was thinking of DAC/amp combos.
>>
is the burn in myth real?
>>
Thoughts on hydrodynamic COP? I got it for $99, and want something cheap but not shit ugly. Was it a good buy?
>>
>>57001598
Shit i meant beyerdynamic
>>
I missed the deal on xduoo for $30
What's the best mp3 player for under $30 that has better audio performance than a Samsung galaxy s4
>>
>>56999087
Yes. Cheap Chinese made USB sound cards can kill your precious expensive headphones.

>I plugged one in and it was running in seconds, the first thing I noticed was how bad it sounded then my earphones got hot.
>I looked at the voltage output on the left and right channel and saw just over 2v DC on both.
>2v DC
http://leeds49.co.uk/2013/12/13/usb-3d-sound-card-fix/

>There’s a rather shocking video of an expensive AKG headphone driver being literally deformed by a large DC current when the Asgard is shut off.
>he measured the power down glitch at 2.2 volts—about 15 times worse than claimed.
>15 x 0.15 = 2.25v
>AKG reported even 0.25 volts of DC during power down might damage their headphones.
>AKG reported even 0.25 volts of DC during power down might damage their headphones
>Cheap Chinese sound cards = 2.25v which will eventually kill
>>56999087's headphones
http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/banned-at-head-fi.html

TL;DR Don't buy cheap sound cards.
>>
>>57001729
Yesterday or so in /csg/ a cheap usb soundcard did the same to some anon.
>>
>>57001780
Yes
https://rbt.asia/g/thread/S56985850#p56992195
>>
>>56990325
>Budget
$150
>Location
Doesn't matter
>Source
PC
full-sized
>Open or closed
Probably closed
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Preferred tonal balance
Basically looking for something different from my current SHP9500. I like them a lot, but I want to try other sound signatures, so I guess I'm looking for something V-shaped? What are my best options under 150? So far I've been looking at DT770, m50x, MDR-7506. Anything I'm missing? Which should I get?

Oh, and good build quality is a must.
>>
File: hpg DT770 vs AKGK612.jpg (523KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
hpg DT770 vs AKGK612.jpg
523KB, 1125x1500px
I just got these in the mail because I couldn't decide between the two on paper. I've already made my decision but I'm willing to answer any questions before I ship the other back.
>>
>>57002019
DT770 my friend.

>>57002152
which one are you going to send back? why? how do they compare? I have a K702, but I'd like to get a closed headphone soon.
>>
>Budget
$200
>Location
USA
>Source
PC on-motherboard soundcard (I was looking at getting the FiiO E10K, see more thoughts at end of post)
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Open/closed
>Comfort level
Maximum comfort
>Preferred tonal balance
Don't really care, but v-shaped I guess?
>Past headphones
I have the DT770 Pro 80 ohm, and I was looking at getting the DT880 Premium 250 ohm. Is this is a good choice?
Do I need a headphone amp/DAC? Would the FiiO E10K be good enough for the DT880? I feel like my on-board sound are sufficient for the DT770.
This is my current audio (on my mobo: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97A/specifications/ ): Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 2
>>
File: noise-cancellation.gif (31KB, 416x259px) Image search: [Google]
noise-cancellation.gif
31KB, 416x259px
teach me about ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION /hpg/.

1) What are the limitations of ANC? Do they work on silencing human speech or just rhythmic noise like humming of the AC, jet engines or fans?

2) Can ANC headphones cancel unwanted/outside sound while playing music at the same time?

3) Can you disable ANC and use them as regular headphones?

Never owned a pair but would love to try them out because I live beside a highway and I hear car horns all the fucking time.
>>
>>57002385
>Is this is a good choice?
For a v-shaped semi-open headphone, yes. DT880 don't sound much different from DT770 to be honest.

> Do I need a headphone amp/DAC? Would the FiiO E10K be good enough for the DT880?
Yes and yes.
>>
File: Samson.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Samson.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
Are these any good?

>https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1171539-REG/samson_sartex_noise_canceling_headphones.html

I bought a set, 8 hour sale with free shipping. Impulse buy but maybe they're decent
>>
>>56997387
p-pls respond
>>
>>57001729
s-shit
I already used a cheap usb soundcard, but the card got broken (twice, used a warranty instead of paying twice) instead of the headphones
Should I just buy an USB DAC? I was thinking about the Fiio K1. It seems to be cheap and good at the same time. Any opinions? Would it work? I would prefer something cheaper anyways, but can't find anything else where I live.
>>
>>57002296
>which one are you going to send back?
AKG
>why?
I prefer the sound from the DTs personally. Also the DTs seem to have a slightly higher build quality
>how do they compare?
Both sound great, but the Dts have a more bassy low end, which is what I personally looking for. Not nigger bass by any means, and you can get almost the same thing if you turn the bass up 2-3 notches on the AKGs.

The DTs are heavier, but only because the AKGs are extremely light. Weight isnt a problem either way.

Both are very comfortable, the DTs have a more comfortable headband, while the AKGs have a (slightly) more spacious ear cup. Overall I think the DTs are slightly more comfortable.

Build wise the AKGs don't seem to be as long lasting as the DTs, which is what ultimately swayed my decision. I found the DTs be a little finicky to adjust because I was looking for a solid click to know how far I need to go to match the other side, and it was there sometimes but not very consistent. The AKGs adjust almost automatically because they use these little shock cords on the headstrap. The first thing I thought when I saw them was that these will probably be stretched out in a few years, and I'll end up having to replace these because they will no longer able to sit on my head, not becuase there is anything wrong with the performance. Also that brushed aluminum you see is actually a sticker under a piece of clear plastic. The U-shaped guides for the headband are also plastic, with the only metal being the perferated backs on the cans. Plastic isn't a bad thing, but the pictures were a little decieving when I was researching. On the other hand the Dts have metal yokes, with a plastic can backing.
>>
Oh, and forgot to add >>57002888
Is there a better/cheaper way to fix the problem of my computer audio jack not working?
>>
>>57002929
cont.
The decision was hard but ultimately I chose the DTs because I liked the sound and becuase I could see them lasting 5+ years. Even if something happened to them like ear cup pads wore out, replacing them is pretty easy and not expensive, while the AKGs dont actually have a dedicated replacement pads and you have to contact AKG directly to get them. I heard they were 40-something USD per pad. This is just one example but the story is the same for every other part on the AKGs.

Also I want to add that I have very large ears and chose these two to compare because of their huge cans. I can fit my whole ear in the AKGs with it barely touching the pad over the speaker. The DTs are noticeably smaller but not by so much that it really mattered to me in the end
>>
File: chrome_2016-10-09_23-28-51.png (17KB, 791x97px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-10-09_23-28-51.png
17KB, 791x97px
>be american
>make burger comparison

Anyone here have the T50RP MK3's? What is your take on them?
>>
>>57003088
im not really good at diy stuff, but tge right driver in my senn hd 555 died after 6 years of use and i got a replacement driver from an official senn store (wasnt cheap). I replaced the driver, which actuall had "replacement driver hd 555/595 written on it. Now the other side which i havent touched is slightly louder and the bass slightly off, maybe, but definetly louder.

Any tips? Is it dying too? did i fuck up the soldering? Im not very good at it, also replaced cables too. If theres anyone with aome experience Id appreciate some help.
>>
>>57003518
yeah, theres some weird resonance at the lowest part off the bass. It only comes out in certain song. Fuck, should have just bought new ones. Sorry for the shitty typing, Im a poorfag and these were my only source of bearable music.
>>
>>56997387
I have the MEEaudio m6 pro and I really like them. They are a little bassy but they are really good for about 50$
>>
Upgraded from my worn and rather crappy skullcandy hesh 2's to a pair of Sennheiser HD 215's. Did I do good /g/?
>>
Are HD 598s good?
>>
>>56993060
Previously mentioned addicted to audio and minidisc

Check out store dj if you need other gear or monitors.
>>
want leather earpads for my HD800 - what do?
>>
>>57004198
yes
>>57004415
buy closed headphones
>>
>Budget
100$
>Location
Europe
>Source
Phone and PC with SBZ card (z-out 10ohm)
IEM
>Comfort level
High to medium
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral

No V-shaped crap please. Mostly looking at Soundmagic E80 right now which apparently have good mids.
>>
>>56997387
NVM XPT100
>>
>>57004645
E80 does have good mids, and they have held up well this past year.

Sound much better with the comply tips than the rubber ones, and they come with them.
>>
>>57002888
I have the K1 currently for my headphones cuz I'm a poorfag. It works wonder compared to my onboard/front panel sound. I'd recommend it for relatively low powered headphones and can be hit & miss with IEM's without adjusting audio levels. I've used it for my Superlux HD 681's and Samson SR950's. Both are driven great. VE Monks respond well to it and my JVC HAFX40's without preperation made me yank them out from how loud they got. Simple little amp that packs a punch that only uses digital volumes. I love it.
>>
I'm having a hard time choosing between the Sennheiser HD558 and the Beyerdynamic DT770. Can anons offer any advice?

I plan to use them exclusively at home with my PC and phone (no amp/dac). I will use them for music (broad range, mostly electronic/house), games and general browsing.
>>
>>57005473
>It works wonder compared to my onboard/front panel sound.
What would the differences be that it works so well in your opinion?

> hit & miss
>& miss
How come?

>Samson SR950
Great! I have the same ones right now!
Between the 681 and the 950, which one do you like more and why?

I'm going to buy the Etymotic HF5, which seems to be more expensive than the earphones you posted. Would the K1 work just as well with those?

Also, is there a way to decrease the K1's volume if it's too much? I worry it will sound too much at even the lowest volume level possible.
>>
File: 61636Cb93gL._SL1100_.jpg (78KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
61636Cb93gL._SL1100_.jpg
78KB, 1100x1100px
Does anyone have experience with this? I need something that is comfortable because I'll be wearing it all day and doesn't slide because I move my head and body around while working. I'm considering it because it's cheap and has a SD slot.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-Turbine-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00Q30A1RI/
>>
>>57005069
He asked for IEMs
>>
Websites that write great and thorough reviews on headphones and earphones?
>>
File: sak-questions.png (41KB, 386x406px) Image search: [Google]
sak-questions.png
41KB, 386x406px
>>57002460
anyone mind answering this one or is everyone clueless on this?
>>
>>57005525
>I plan to use them exclusively at home with my PC and phone (no amp/dac).
558's. The 770's need an amp except for the 32 ohm version but I've heard those are terrible.
>>
>>56997387
M6 pro, la wea
>>
>>57005928
>>57002460

1) Works on speech but more effectively on lower (male) voices. ANC is particularly effective at cancelling out low-frequency noise that most passive isolation cannot block without something like custom IEMs.

2) Yes

3) Yes but they're usually terrible passive. This is due to the fact that the engineers use shitty drivers in the headphones and compensate with an active DSP while the headphone is powered. Usually the DSP is off when the ANC is off and the unadjusted driver sounds like complete shit.

My experience is mainly with a Bose QC35 so I'm not familiar with other companies' implementations. In particular I've heard Sony's might be better but I haven't heard them personally.
>>
>>57005950
80 ohms don't need an amp unless you have a shithouse mobo and phone
>>
>>57005950
>>57006004
Thanks for the responses. I'm leaning towards the HD 558s, especially since they're AUD$50 cheaper.

How do they compare purely in terms of sound?
>>
>>57006052
Pretty sure the 558's are warm and the 770's have an emphasis on the low end and treble. The low end on the 770's goes pretty low as well.
>>
File: leiferickson.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
leiferickson.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>57005908
Headfi
>>
>>57005603
My onboard gave any music a muddy static layer to it and front panel was too quiet.

I just wasnt prepared to hiw much power would go through my JVC's so they blasted my ears with treble lol.

For games, the 681's due to a more spacious soundstage and a more natural clarity. For music, the Samsons because I listen to EDM and the bass was clean but lacking on the 681's so the Samsons are more enjoyable for my taste. The bass on the Samsons can get bloated at times depending on song.

There is no volume knob on the K1 so its all digital volumes in your OS (Mac,Windows,Linux,etc). Just tweak your in your applications to your liking and you should be fine. I personally have my overall Windows volume at 50 and adjust other applications to my liking.
>>
I've been lurking /hpg/ for a while, and now I'm thinking of getting myself some dt 770s, however the range of ohm options on the model has me wondering how worthwhile of an investment an amp would be. The price for a decent portable amp almost matches the price of good headphones, so is it really worth that? Is the resulting sound from an amp worth doubling the price of your investment in good sound, more so than spending twice as much on headphones in the first place?

Also I was wondering how practical it is to use a mobile amp, and how many people actually do it?
>>
>>57001729
asgard is ~$500 though and made IN THE USA
>>
File: 41Z6J+Lz84L.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41Z6J+Lz84L.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
Anyone know anything about these headphones?

Seem like there a steal for the price they're going at.

https://www.amazon.com/Koss-Pro4AAAT-Pro4AAA-Titanium-Stereophone/dp/B000JC7GEC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
>>
>Budget
~$150, can go over a bit if necessary.
>Location
USA
>Preferred Type
over ear
>Open or Closed
closed
>Comfort Level
able to wear for 8+ hours a day with no problem
>Tonal Balance
Balanced but slightly toward lows.
>Past Headphones
ATH-M50 - Good but broke after only about a year and a half of use.
DT770 - Great sound but they gripped the shit out of my head
HD 598 - Overall great but needed more bass.
>>
File: Headphone_Philips_Shp9500_01.jpg (587KB, 2560x1792px) Image search: [Google]
Headphone_Philips_Shp9500_01.jpg
587KB, 2560x1792px
I can't tell if these are a meme or not. Zeos shills about them in his review. But what does /hpg/ think about them as opposed to the 558 or the 700X?
>>
>>57006753
> gripped the shit out of my head
How?
>>
>>57006753
The DT770 have a metal band in the headband, right? Just bend it back to reduce the clamping force
>>
>>57006969
>>57007011
Sorry should've specified, they're gripping my ears and cheekbone too hard. The headband was fine. I did try bending the headband but it didn't really help as much as I'd like.
>>
>>57006911
1. discontinued
2. later production apparently gone to shit people have very inconsistent opinion about these

those that got it recently say it's mediocre, those that got it last year say it's godly

too many uncertainties to buy them safely without a listen
>>
Hey faggots, how does this seem for a cheap headphone.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V31B946/ref=twister_B00V31B8XI?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
The main thing I'm interested is a cheap Bluetooth Headphone that's foldable and has a detachable headphones jack. This one also has a SD/TC Card reader for mp3 playback so that sounds neat, can use that while I try to fix my Sansa Clip+.
This seems good?
>>
>>57007369
Well it's copying the Beats(TM) headphones which are certified by a doctor so you should be good.

Jokes aside at the price you want to pay, you might as well get the Bluedios T2s. The T2+ if you want the sd slot but it's like 10 extra dollars.
>>
>>57007607
>Bluedios T2s
Looking at the specs and reviews and they look really good. Thanks a lot man.
+1 internet
>>
>Deicide shirt

As if she didn't make my dick hard enough already.
>>
> tfw no perfectly flat headphone with no coloration

kill me
>>
>>57008958
embrace peq
>>
>>57006911
imo 558 > 9500. though 558's can be fucky on some sources.
700x is kind of a different beast entirely
if youre using them for almost entirely gaming, theyre the best. absolutely god tier soundstage and imaging
>>
>>57006708
don't
theyre not exactly well known or well meme'd
youre better off getting some superlux like the 662 EVO or ISK HP 2011
>>
>>57006911
>>57007209
>later production apparently gone to shit
I've got a SHP9500S (newer model), and they are very good. Sadly, I cannot compare them to the originals, as I never listened to them. All I know is that some users complained about sibilance on the originals, and mine are not sibilant at all, the highs are actually very pleasant. Other differencies include different (shorter) cable and increased clamping force (though mine are still incredibly comfy).

Overall, I would recommend them. They ARE overhyped, but definetely not a meme.
>>
>>57008958
>implying your imperfect ears and wetware wouldn't fuck it up anyway
>>
File: stax-sr-009-846191.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
stax-sr-009-846191.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
Now that it's $45, is it worth it?
I've always wanted one but $95 is too much for me.

Still gonna buy a DAP first though.
>>
File: headphones.jpg (155KB, 954x501px) Image search: [Google]
headphones.jpg
155KB, 954x501px
I need portable headphones. How are these?
>>
>>57009846
Link?
>>
>>57009942
It's on taobao for 299cny. Was 178cny a few days ago on promotion.

It has a new cable so it won't shit itself after a year like the old one.
>>
>>57009974
Have you ever shopped there before? I can't even understand Chinese. Do they charge very expensive shipping fees in addition?
>>
>>57009932
Leak sound like crazy, both in and out. Build quality became pretty bad recently. Wouldn't recommend tbqh.
>>
>>57010000
They don't ship outside but I can buy anything at a 3-4% fee.
There used to be a service that's only 1.2% for anything >$20 but they went under.

Also checked
>>
>>57009932
If youre just going for a jog, sure. But I wouldn't recommend for public transport or in a library or something. They leak sound pretty bad.
>>
>>56995006
grills don't take much to get dirty if you handle them alot with grubby hands. i stupidly took my 650's out into the field and they got real dirty. had ot be cleaned straight away.

I cleaned them last night as well for the first time in about a year, the pads had so much oil from my hair/skin it was fucking nasty, the water was brown by the time I finished. but aside from a tiny bit of metal starting to lose the paint on the grill they look brand new and they are 4 years old or so now. I fucking love those things.
>>
Anyone here has tinnitus. I might be fucked....
>>
I wanna buy the Sennheiser Momentum 2's and I have a piece of shit B85-PRO GAMER mobo, would I be wasting my money? Can that mobo take advantage of high-end sound? It claims to drive 300 ohm, but I'm retarded and I don't know if it's accurate.
>>
>>57010382
Is tinnitus on one ear or both? I think I have it on my left ear if high frequencies are too loud it hurts.
>>
>>57010382
I have on both ears. I hear multiple frequencies at different volumes on each other. On my left it's usually just a high pitch noise, on my right it's a lower volume high pitch but on the other hand my ear is consntaly whisling different sounds that go up and down as if there's an air leak somewhere inside. There are days that my right ear gets worse but then it goes back to "normal" a few days later.

It's hell.
>>
>>57010628
Left. It isn't that bad but when it is silent it really fucks with your head. How do you cope?
>>
>>57010654
Fuck. Tinnitus gradually creeped onto me. I never noticed the onset just one day I noticed it was there when it was silent.
>>
>>57010659
I don't really cope with it. I lower the volume or turn it off.
>>
>>57010674
For me it started on a thursday on my right. It was whistling, there was no high pitch noises anywhere and my left ear was perfect. The next week on a wednesday the tinnitus started on both out of fucking nowhere
>>
>>57010696
So you don't have it when it is silent? Lucky you
>>
>>57010698
How long has it been? How do you cope?
>>
>>57010721
>How long has it been?
28th of August, 2015

>How do you cope?
I just try to fall asleep as i'll never have silence ever again
>>
>>57010757
Does it affect your everyday life?
I fear the day it gets too loud that it affects my normal life.
>>
>>57010835
>Does it affect your everyday life?
it does but what can I do? I just try to ignore it during the day and I'm planning on buying an open set to reduce it. closed backs filter outside noise so the ringing gets louder
>>
>>57010853
Yeah. I can't use IEM anymore cause it really fucks with me during the interludes between the music. Oh well. Such is life I guess. Time to invest in a open can.
>>
Where do you guys get FLAC?

Spent 3 hours looking for Feint - We won't be alone in FLAC and cant find it.
>>
>>57010863
Have you been to a otolaryngologist?
>>
>>57010866
rutracker
>>
My vmoda m-100s are life
>>
>>57010866
Buy from the label/artist

or

rutracker/what.cd/waffletrash/other bad trackers
>>
>>57010890
No. Should I? It is self diagnosed but I am 100% sure it is fucking ringing and from what I read on the internet there is no cure.
>>
>>57010918
There could be a treatment to reduce it. Ringing can come from a multitude of different places
>>
>>57010941
From my research into it, reducing it comes from TRT which is not real reduction but rather training your brain to reduce it. I can't afford TRT at the moment.
>>
Need some Gayming headphones -Microphone

>Budget
£300
>Location
UK
>Source
3.5mm
Full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfortable enough to wear for 4 hours straight
>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD201 ;_;
>>
>>57008958
etys come close

everything else is shit
>>
>>57011046
>etys come close
Examples?
>>
>>57010973
it might be simple infection, some infections last a looong time progressing slowly
go to a doctor.
>>
>>57011057
Don't ear infections clear up themselves over time? No harm in seeing a doctor I guess.
>>
>>56990325
finally a good OP
>>
>>57011069
>Don't ear infections clear up themselves over time?
yeah, or you lose hearing completely
>>
>>57011057
is ti even possible to check the internal ear?
>>
i have a pair of jbl lsr 308 and i'd like to buy a subwoofer to support them, mostly for dance music like techno

budget is ~400 €, got any recs?
>>
>>57011176
MRI, sure
>>
>>57011637
They made me a CT scan. Isn't it similar?
>>
>>57011006
There's a detachable/stick on mic that peoplle here use with their headphones. Buy some good non gaming headphones and try and find the mic i'm talking about. Shouldn't be too hard to find.
>>
File: jeff.jpg (50KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
jeff.jpg
50KB, 720x960px
>>56990325
deicide fucking murders, if they come within an hour drive of you, you owe it to yourself to go and catch them live, i saw them with skinless in hollywood some time ago and it was fucking awesome.
>>
>>57011006

For gaming the X2 with the V-Moda boompro is a pretty good setup. I use the poorfag version which is SHP9500 + Boompro and love it.

Word of advice however get one of those sound adapters that go from 3.5mm to usb and then plug it into a usb port directly on your motherboard. The microphone sounds like absolute shit going directly in via 3.5mm but going via USB eliminates like 99.9% of the hiss.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-X2-00-Fidelio-Headphone/dp/B00MRUPSHQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1476116506&sr=8-1&keywords=fidelio+x2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BoomPro-Microphone-computer-Internet-telephony/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476116524&sr=8-1&keywords=v+moda+boompro

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=pd_lpo_147_bs_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q33GQD8D84VWVFH79Q47
>>
>>57012074
>get one of those sound adapters that go from 3.5mm to usb and then plug it into a usb port directly on your motherboard.
Do you know any of those dedicated to microphones, without the output for headphones?
>>
>>57012143

Why would you need that? You could just use one half of the adapter like I used to, then the headphone jack ran into my o2+u2 -> PC
>>
File: ironic.jpg (42KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
ironic.jpg
42KB, 640x426px
>>57012050
>fucking murders
fucking poser vocabulary. i bet you think you're br00tal
>>
Deicide is at the comical spectrum of death metal bands, getting close to black metal tier shittiness. The only thing it murders are your ears. Fuck you. Shit OP image.
>>
>>57013267
all death metal is comical
>>
>>57013290
>all metal is comical

Fixed. Unless you're 14 and have long hair you shouldn't be listening to that shit.
>>
>>57013290
Almost. Melodeath has some good shit... imo.
>>
>>57013323
metal isn't edgy enough on its own, when you add 'death' to it you really bring up the edginess to comical levels
>>
>>57013355
Melodeath isn't metal.
>>
I don't know if I should also be posting this at /csg/ tbqh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Nkn0ooEcA
>>
>>57013357
Add black to it for the highest level. To be taken seriously you gotta:

1. Burn a church
2. Dress in black leather with maximum amount of sharp metal spikes
3. Possibly kill somebody but at least corpse paint yourself
4. Record albums in a garage
5. Not tune your instruments
6. Scream/Shriek monotonously
7. Play everything fast and high pitched
8. Associate lyrics with misanthropy, religious/anti religious themes, brutality, death and destruction.

>>57013623
Eh? Not that I care about the genre classification but that hardly fits in any other large category. It's a subgenre of metal, isn't it?
>>
>>57013666
It's a subgenre of pop music.
>>
>>57013642

You know for a company that is centred around audio quality you really think they would put more effort into not having dogshit audio in a promo video.
>>
>>57013748
I knwo right, I was just thinking that. It's really weird that they'd put this video on indiegogo. Also lmaoing at that guy falling of the chair at 0:15 someone make a webm out of that.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/megamini-by-hifiman-battery
>>
>>57013642
>$249
>Hi-Res memes
A cheap $14 Ruizu X02 would still do the same job if you don't care about Hi-Res audio memes.
>>
>>57013741
I'll read that: music that I don't like.

>>57013642
>Hifiman portable player
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
File: polite conversation.png (311KB, 2072x1984px) Image search: [Google]
polite conversation.png
311KB, 2072x1984px
>>56990325
Care to help an anon out?

>Budget
< $80
>Location
US
>Source
Android phone and laptop 3.5mm
Looking for IEMs, specifically.
>Open or closed
N/A?
>Comfort level
9/10, preferred
>Preferred tonal balance
Don't need bass-cannons, easy on the mids.
>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD-558 (I love the sound range on these)
>>
>>57013945
Oh, and I greatly prefer the IEM's to have a mold-able wire coming off the drivers to wrap over the ear.

This helps when running, and keeps some of the pressure off of the inner ear.
>>
>>57013981
Look into MEE M6 Pros
>>
>>57014270
Thanks.

I'm comparing the following 3:
>Etymotic MC5
>Shure SE215
>MEE M6 Pro

I actually currently have a cheaper pair of MEE phones, their "Sport-Fi" ones. They're pretty shit, but they get the job done.

I presume that the M6 Pro is much better in sound quality, yes?
>>
Just picked up ATH-SR5BTs from my guitar center.

>$200
>same size drivers as the m50x
>bluetooth, 38hr battery

They sound great. That may just be my pleb non-audiophile ears, however. But they feel underpowered when playing from my laptop. Is there a software solution to this problem? An amp/dac that pairs with bluetooth? Am I just fucking retarded?
>>
>>57014490
same guy, fwiw
>Budget
$200 or so
>Location
US
>Source
Surface Pro 4, android phone
>Type
on-ear, generally, but not firm on that
>comfort
Don't care, been wearing ache-y shit tier stuff for years
>>
File: Bose QuietComfort 35.jpg (37KB, 547x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bose QuietComfort 35.jpg
37KB, 547x768px
My friend just bought pic related, how did he do /hpg/?
>>
>>57014586
Best ANC headphone and honestly as long as you like bass and use it in active mode, it's pretty good.
>>
I need ear phones!!! Not headphones. Thanks

Budget - around 100 - 200 US

Location - New York City (For the Gym)

Source - Phone, wired

Comfort level - they need to stay in, like those beats ones that peopls use at the gym

Open or closed - Closed

Preferred tonal balance - Bass

Itd be awesoms if they were water resistence. Btw
>>
Budget — around 70$
Location —whatever
Source — just a laptop, maybe sometimes guitar amp or a smartphone
Preferred type of headphone — Full-sized.
Open or closed —Probably open 'cause I want to hear whether someone's knocking on the door
Comfort level —spending like more than 8 hours a day in them.
Past headphones — Steelseries Syberia V2, and I really liked their tonal balance.
>>
>>57014586
Pure shit. The Active Noise Cancellation feature is its only saving grace.

It's basically Beats for normal people.
>>
Let's suppose I have the Etymotic HF5, and I end up not liking their flat sound that much, would there be a decrease of quality if I decided to boost the bass and/or treble?
>>
>>57016398
philips shp9500 hands down the best for the price. If you want to spend less look into superlux
>>
>>57014586
if he's actually going to use the ANC for shit like planes, then he did gud.
If not, slap the cunt.
>>
>>56993115
Frankly, yes
>>
>>56992868
Reviews say they have a really good price/quality ratio.
>>
>>56992868
They're good in terms of clarity. There are some ~70 USD ve monk style earbuds that are apparently really good. Sheaf or something. Some dude on /csg/ has em.
>>
File: Sennheiser_Momentum.jpg (34KB, 514x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sennheiser_Momentum.jpg
34KB, 514x600px
been using sennheiser momentum for a cuple of months for portable use.
but if i had to choose, personally i'd go for the momentum 2 or hifi man edition s...
>>
Worth getting a pair of K240s for around 20 euros if I already have DT770s?
>>
>>57017490
For 20 euros they're a steal. You'll need an amp though.
>>
>Budget
$400
>Location
Canada
>Source
PC
full-sized
>Open or closed
Either, but closed slightly pref
>Comfort level
Something that won't kill my ears after a coupke of hours, so somewhat comfy
>Preferred tonal balance
Love me my bass
>>
File: space dog.jpg (72KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
space dog.jpg
72KB, 720x720px
>Budget
Anything under 300 AUSTRALIAN dollars
($230 US)

>Location
Australia

>Source
My PERSONAL COMPUTER

Full size over-ear baby

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Very Comfy, will be using them all day

>Preferred tonal balance
Lotta BASS

>Past headphones
ATH-M20x but they're busted
>>
>>57016888
Not really, sure it won't be as 'flat', but tweaking the sound with an EQ to your liking is better.

You can safely boost the bass and treble on the HF5, there is sufficient bandwidth and they're sensitive IEMs.
>>
>>57018678
Thank you!
>>
>>57018464
dt770. Get them on Amazon
>>
I'm throwing up b/w the HD 558/598. Is it almost universally recommended that you just go for the 558?
>>
>budget
$100

>location
US

>source
Headphone jack or usb on pc

>preffered type
Not sure what IEM is so I guess full size

>open or closed
idk

>comfort level
very comfy please

>preffered total balance
don't care

>past headphones
some cheap sony headphones, they kind of smooshed my ears if I used them for a while so I want ones that go around my ears.

also preferably has a mic
>>
>>57019501
HD558 is the same thing for cheaper. Only reason to buy the HD598 is if you prefer the aesthetics.
>>
File: 2Q==.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Got these last week. Unanimously best headphones I've ever owned or demo'ed.

If you can afford it, do it.
>>
>Budget
$100 not flexible
>Location
Canada
>Source
Headphone jack in io panel
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Matters a lot, but I am willing to sacrifice some comfort for better quality sound
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
Logitech G430

I fell for the gaymen headphones and now I can see why they sell them so cheap: they break so fucking easily and it drives me insane. This is my third pair within 2 years and I'm done with logitech's bullshit. Also I would really like it if the headphones had a mic, since I use it everyday. If not, a cheap desk mic recommendation that is on-par in terms of quality or better than the g430s would be great.
>>
>Budget
around 150$
>Location
US
>Source
laptop and phone
full size
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
good comfort, I don't want anything that'll apply pressure to my head. I hate that.
>Preferred tonal balance
neutral
>>
>>57019782
get NVX XPT-100
Comfy and neutral. Plenty of good desk mics everywhere
>>
>>57020104
Can't find them on Canadian amazon.

But they look extremely comfy. Is there anything else that is less bulky? I feel like it's going to slide off my head a lot since I often do work at my table, looking down, and my g430s would always slide off my head when I looked down.
>>
File: HD660.jpg (81KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
HD660.jpg
81KB, 480x640px
Just ordered ATH-AD1000X hows it gonna be? Just got a Vali 2 not too long ago and I've found a better tube for it and a few more in the mail. Going to pick up a modi 2 multibit at the end of the month.
>>
(Disclaimer: I am not an audiophile) Why do my headphones sound 10x better on my thinkpad thn they do on my smartphone? Are they being powered better? Pls don't bully.
>>
File: 1415689916463.jpg (14KB, 317x207px) Image search: [Google]
1415689916463.jpg
14KB, 317x207px
>>57020224
I've heard a lot of people say multibit makes no audible difference. Also, were you able to tell the difference between tubes in the Vali 2 since it's a hybrid tube amp and all?
>>
>>57020514

Yeah I actually didnt like the stock tube at all. I ordered a $4 NOS motorolla tube from the 70s on ebay and I like it much better. Its my first tube amp though and like you said its hybrid so I dont have anything else to compare to. I have an electro harmonix and amperex tube in the mail too so well see how those are.
>>
>>57020294
Potentially they are powered better. Depends on your phone and laptop.
>>
>>57020294
Yes they are being powered better. Also your sound card in your thinkpad is much better than the soundcard in your smartphone.
>>
>>57020748
>>57020786
Thank you.
>>
>>57020934
To add to what I said, one way to find out would be to get a fiio or some other portable DAC and use on both.
>>
>>57020224
>hows it gonna be?
Besides lacking low bass? What is your reference?

>>57020514
>multibit makes no audible difference
Why would you assume any?

>>57020294
>Are they being powered better?
Insufficient information to determine.
>Why do my headphones sound 10x better on my thinkpad thn they do on my smartphone?
Multiple reasons. None the least of which is you believe the laptop to be better, regardless of input stimulus.
>>
>>57020954

I use AKG K702 and DT770 250 mostly. On rare occasion I use Grados and some older audiotechnicas like A700 and I gave my sister some AD900X which I liked okay enough. People said the bass was improved on the 1000X over the 900X. I did find the 900X a little lacking but overall they were still enjoyable enough.
>>
>>57020739
I just got a little dot mkii and gosh darn, I'm not sure if I'm just retarded and can't tell a difference or what. I want to say the highs are a little rolled off but I'm not sure if that's just expectation bias.
>>
>>57020979
I don't remember specifics, and I'm not fond of the Air monitors to go spend time with them. Not my thing.
>>
File: 55434103_p0.jpg (130KB, 363x461px) Image search: [Google]
55434103_p0.jpg
130KB, 363x461px
I cannot decide which headphones to pull the trigger between the ath-40mx or Sony MDR-7506 for a $150 Au Headphones mainly for listening the electronic music
>>
What's a good noise cancellation headphone under $200? My room is upstairs and yet I can still hear my chink parents singing on a fucking karaoke machine
>>
what's the cheapest headphone worth getting
my hd 600 broke and i need a quick replacement for the meantime
>>
>>57021748
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD827LL/A/earpods-with-35-mm-headphone-plug
>>
>>57019653
To add to that, you can do a reversible mod on the 558's to make them sound exactly like the 598's.
>>
best cheapest IEMs i can get off amazon? need em ASAP and just gonna use Amazon Prime
>>
>>57022236
hje-120k
>>
>>57021124

Maybe its the stock tube? The sound changed quite a lot with changing the tube on the vali (more towards what I like) and my tube was some $4 + shipping NOS one on ebay nothing special I don't think but maybe I got lucky and got a great deal. I wasn't a fan of this stock vali Canadian 6BZ7. I don't know any audiophile terms and like I said im brand new to tubes using a hybrid solid/tube but it seemed short and very airy to me. It sounded very different to my normal DAC and AMP without a tube though so maybe your stock tube on that is more docile on the tube sound than whatever came with my vali and it seems people get different tubes on their vali too depending on whats the deal of the season on NOS tubes.
>>
>>57020979
How does the DT770 compare to the K702?
>>
>>57022776

I like my DT770s better than anything else I've ever heard so I'm a bit bias. I broke them after years of abuse a month ago. Since then I've been using my akgs because they're my second favorite. The DT770s have a lot more bass and have more 'resolution' (probably misusing that word) id call it even though the sound stage isnt as big as the akgs. You grow accustom to the bass on the akgs though and after a lot of wear in you will find them fine. Being open the akgs leak sound in too and they are more fragile than the DT770s too I dont feel like I can abuse them like I did to my beyers. I've seen the DT770s go for $110-160 lately though so at that price I find them a better deal too. Both of them are comfy enough but I used my beyers for like 5 years and to me the audiotechnica air wings or whatever design is the only thing I've used that's more comfy.
>>
>>57022882
> more resolution
What do you mean by this?
>>
New thread

>>57022961
>>57022961
>>57022961
>>
>>57022906

Its hard to explain. The sound is coming from all directions exactly where it should be but not wide and spread out just accurately in its own space.
>>
>>56998643
it's a shittier 598 basically. worse build, worse pads, not as even FR. it was good when it was like $40. now you might as well buy a 558 and foam mod it.
>>
>>57022997
I can get what you're saying.
I'm super happy with my K702, it amazes me how clear and distinguishable any instrument is, but yes, I sometimes also feel like the instruments are grouped up on the sides.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.