[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bsd/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: maki's cute bsd thread.png (4MB, 1900x2046px) Image search: [Google]
maki's cute bsd thread.png
4MB, 1900x2046px
bsd general - Maki edition!
>>
Hey guys.
>>
>>56486091
Maki is shit and so is BSD
>>
>>56486304
Bad tasters >>>/out/
>>
if your not going to say anything nice in itt thread then pls leave
>>
>>56486314
Exactly
Get out
>>
>>56486367
Do you even know WHO I am?
>>
I bet maki uses a Macbook with just normie programs and some music software, and has never even heard of linux, let alone BSD.
>>
>>56486399
mac os is linux with a bsd kernel
>>
>>56486385
A bad taster
>>
>>56486408
This.

>>56486416
I will admit that this used to be the case a few months ago but now I see the error in my ways and I love anime
>>
>>56486408
>>56486439
W-wha?
I thought it was its own weird kernel with BSD userland programs
>>
>>56486692
what? no, it's literally linux with a captive BSD kernel that it offloads core processes to
>>
Why would anyone use BSD for anything other than a server?
>>
>>56486768
More importantly, why would any one use BSD for anything?
>>
is this the new screenfetch thread
>>
>>56488108
>she fell for the chakra meme
>>
>>56486768
Because BSD is awesome.

-a GNU user
>>
>>56486304
this
>>
>>56488108
pls post your whole desktop thanks
>>
>>56488174
y y-yes mr powerPC
>>
>>56488248
wtf i love full desktop screenshots now?
can u post those makis
>>
>>56486091
fuck off back to >>>/r9k/ with your forced meme
>>
>>56488365
wtf i hate bsd now
>>
>>56486408
>>56486718
no it's not you retard
under the hood it still behaves very much like NeXTSTEP even if they ship with bash as the default shell
>>
>>56488409
out
>>
I'm the guy from the other day who was trying to install TrueOS.

I gave up on that shit and just installed a straight FreeBSD
It works, mostly, but I can't connect to the internet for some reason.
Probably driver, but I had the same problem when I tried this with Linux at one point.
>re0 status is DOWN on boot
Maybe someone can explain that??

Might be the card itself, though. This netbook got fucked several times...

either way, it DOES boot now. Had a similar problem as before, though, but it recognized the manual crap I was putting in, so I just changed it to da0p2 in /etc/fstab

Anyone have info on how to install packages from a usb drive?
So, like, if I download the .xz (or whatever) packages from FreeBSD onto a usb stick, can I try to install from there?
>I did install all the ports, though... is there a way to get the pkg manager from that?
Where is 'ports-mgmt'?? and how would I use it?
>>
>>56486718

>being this retarded
>>
>>56489367
Are you sure re0 is the right interface for networking? By the name it seems a realtek device so I'd check the man page of the realtek driver for compatibility and configuration.
For offline package installation you first need to get the .tar.xz of pkg for the ABI you're running and installing it as per https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/44589/
>>
BSD is fine, anime/manga is fine, just dont combine them in these threads.
>>
>>56486091
>>56486304
Who is this Maki?
saw her on multiple threads...
how is she /g/ relevant?
>>
>PowerPCfag
What sort of PowerPC based machine are you using, an old PowerMac? One of those Pegasos boxes?
>>
>OpenBSD still supports the SuperH SH4
Thank you based gods.
>>
File: C++.png (263KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
C++.png
263KB, 800x720px
>>56489803
>Are you sure re0 is the right interface for networking? By the name it seems a realtek device so I'd check the man page of the realtek driver for compatibility and configuration.
I'll check on that later. I'm not actually sure what brand the NIC is; it was my sister's netbook, so until now and some prior troubleshooting, I never had much to do with it.

>For offline package installation you first need to get the .tar.xz of pkg for the ABI you're running
Ok, I'll go find them and read that thread more thoroughly when I go to do it.
But, what do you mean by ABI?
Do you mean, if I'm using the i386 or the amd64, I need a specific one for that?
(I'm kinda just guessing here. What does ABI mean? Bing just shows "Application Binary Interface", but I've never heard of that. I've only ever seen API)

>>56490040
>Who is this Maki?
Girl from Love Live. I believe she sings and plays piano, if I remember correctly

>saw her on multiple threads...
True dat, m80

>how is she /g/ relevant?
she isn't. She's just a favourite of some waifu desktop thread people.

Personally, /mai/ waifu is Cirno.
>>
>>56490082
I also have an old iBook G3 Snow...
I kinda wonder if I'd be able to use BSD on it.

That bitch got like 64 MEGA bytes of RAM or something and came with OS9.
Would I even be ABLE to install BSD on it? Are there 32-bit binaries available? Because I'm like 99.999999% sure it's not a 64-bit architecture.
HOWEVER, I couldn't find the architecture of the CPU, but it was like discontinued in 2k1, so I'm gonna have to wager a guess it's not.
>>
>>56490750

A quick look around suggests that netbsd and openbsd should at least support it, although the internal modem is not supported. I can also say with 100% certainty that you are not 64-bit, as the only 64-bit PowerPC macs that were released were the G5s. Nonetheless, most PowerPC stuff around is 32-bit anyways.
>>
>>56490965
I'll try that, then, after I'm done setting up my netbook
>>
>>56490178
the files arent in the attic? so its possible to have a dreamcast port?
>>
>>56490040
the queen of /g/ silly~
>>
>>56490724
ABI means exactly what you think it means :) see https://wiki.freebsd.org/Releng/ABI
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.