[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 40

File: confused nigger.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
confused nigger.png
74KB, 300x256px
/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: >>56377219

If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.
>>
File: 1472663340033.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472663340033.gif
1MB, 500x500px
What server hardware/os/software does 4chan run on?
>>
I was curious about my download speed on my Xbox one, so I ran the test from the consol and it said my download speed was 86 mb/s a second. When I'm downloading something, I hover about 46 mb/s. So where is the descrpency?
>>
>>56383524
Macs, FreeBSD.

My Android smartphone got stuck into a bootloop after trying to bypass the FRP, should I ask for a replacement or try to fix it myself?

If yes to the latter, should I just wait three days to enter my account, or should I try to bypass it again using another method?

Really want to ask for a replacement right now. The second I entered in my Jewgle shit is the second it started getting warm to the touch.
>>
>>56383576
Is there any other connection on that network?
>>
what's between me and getting a front end dev job?

I know html and css really well and i can pull some js out of my ass too. ive made a site with php on a server i set up myself.

what does a front end dev job need more than what i've done already?
>>
>>56383647
being able to do oral
>>
What's a good place to download apks?

I don't want to use the fucking Jewgle Play store.
>>
>>56383647
Work experience and a college degree. Substitute more of one for the other if necessary.
>>
is putting a language on my resume that i'm in the process of learning a bad idea?
>>
Trying to repair my corrupt windows 10 files without reinstalling windows. I used "sfc /scannow" and it found corruption, but couldn't fix it. I used the "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" command but said it couldn't find the source file. I mounted an ISO of the same windows 10 version and used this command "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E(the drive that my iso is mounted on):\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess" Still got the "source could not be found" error. I have no idea what to do now. Is there third party software I can use to repair corrupted windows files? I have no idea what to do now.
>>
>>56383697
do you really need a degree for front end stuff? it seems simple compared to back end etc.
how often do you encounter people without degrees?
>>
>>56383647
All these things are unimportant.
All you will ever need to know as a front end dev is where your next starbucks is and how to suck dicks.
>>
File: 1377742887485.jpg (399KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
1377742887485.jpg
399KB, 1000x666px
>>56383868
Having no degree isn't unheard of. Or even having a degree in something not related to technology at all. At one company I worked for, we hired on a senior level engineer who had a degree in English Literature. I don't have a degree and I'm about to become a senior level engineer and manager in charge of two people with degrees
>>
>>56383822
If you have a project that you've made using that language in any capacity, it would be worth mentioning that. If not, saying you're learning it might be okay, especially if the job description specifically asks for someone who knows it
>>
>>56383885
thanks
>>
>>56383904
do you mind if i asked how you started out?
>>
How do I add padding to mate-terminal?

More generally, how do I customize mate-terminal?
>>
I'm majoring in CS, and classes start in a few weeks, any tips?
>>
File: ncixus.png (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ncixus.png
13KB, 200x200px
I heard about this website NCIX, I guess they are Canadian but they have a US offshoot NCIXUS. Apparently the deal here is they build your computer for you for $50.

Has anybody done this? Does it work? How does it work? I see you can add the service, I'm assuming you just have to make sure you have that AND all the components in your card before hitting submit?

I''ve gotten lazy in my old age and not having to turn my fingers into hamburger with shitty metal cases and running to the post office for 2 RMA's every build sounds worth $50 to me.
>>
>>56383435

So I bought a USB wifi stick of ebay because it had "rasperry pi zero" in the title but it came with a driver CD

Any chance it might still work? I don't want to waste my time trying to pre-install SSH and my wifi credentials onto raspbian just to have it not work
>>
>>56383583
Anybody?
>>
So whats the general consensus on Dell laptops?

Need a new laptop for school, looking at an Inspiron, 8 gigs ram, 1tb HDD, i7.
>>
>>56384434
I've had nothing but positive experiences with Dell, both from the hardware and customer service side. If you are buying from them get that warranty.
>>
>>56384467
I assume they come with the warranty if I purchase from amazon?
>>
I'm replacing an old AMD cpu and motherboard with a new Intel one. Will I need to reinstall Windows? I remember that being necessary long ago, and I'd also expect going from BIOS to EFI would need some changes.
>>
What is the difference between the facebook and the facebook lite app?
>>
>>56384473
Not sure, you'll have to examine the listing closely. I'm assuming if its new it comes with some variant.
>>
My laptop (HP Pavillion dv4-2116la) shuts off on its own every once in a while because the CPU gets too hot. The processor is an AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M520 2.30 GHz. I have not a single cent to get some tech guy and fix it and I'm very desperate because I can't do any homework or work with it. Is there a way to "underclock" the CPU to make it less hot? Would it help? What else can I do to keep it cool? I already cleaned with an air compressor myself but it wasn't a through cleaning because I'm too scared of breaking it up too much and then damaging it or not knowing how to pull it together .
>>
>>56384477
Yes, you will have to reinstall.
>>
>>56384518
Your HSF is kill, and its nothing new coming from a HP laptop.
Nigger up some cooling or open it to clean it yourself and hope it helps.

Fixing a damaged HSF and repasting it should be $15 tops.
>>
I managed to find a cable modem at a thrift store for pretty cheap, so I bought it. I then got home and plugged it in (I live in an apartment where the cable connection is always live) and after a few reboots found that it's getting service. I'm pulling 100/20 (actually 102/25) and the signal looks clean.

My question is, has anyone else ever experienced something like this? I fully expected to plug it in and run into the walled garden. My intent was to sign up for Comcast next month when my DSL contract is up.

Also, how long can I expect the service to be live? I've had the modem plugged in for almost 2 weeks now and even after a couple of power cycles I'm getting service. Would I get into any trouble using this until they figure out they left a modem active?
>>
>>56384518
I posted about your topic regarding my Toshiba yesterday.

I set the resolution to 1280 x 720 and make sure to keep an eye on browser tabs and it hasn't overheated since. Obviously its not a "fix" but try it.
>>
>>56384541
the account connected to that box is probably still active and someone is paying for it

that's all i can think of. they may or may not catch on to you using it
>>
I want to turn to linux, which would be the best distro to start? preferably not ubuntu, I used it for a week and didn't like its appearance.
>>
>>56384578
standard ubuntu with unity is ugly as shit.

try ubuntu mate or xubuntu. very easy to use and are much better looking than unity
>>
>>56384519
Thanks for the heads up
>>
How do I clean dried semen off my laptop screen?
>>
>>56384578
you could have installed a different DE
use xubuntu or combine cinnamon DE + ubuntu
>>
Why is C a prereq for C++ at my school? Why can't I just take C++? No serious tech jobs use C anymore.
>>
Do 1080p 144hz monitors require more gpu/cpu performance compared to 60hz? If so, how much more?

Also, is g-sync a meme?
>>
>>56384434
Hell of a lot better than the other shit currently on the market.

> Inspiron
Why?
6 series Latitudes are so much better.
>>
Are there any free or at least extremely cheap virus programs that don't bug you every day with ads or reminders that your information can be tracked, click here to bla bla bla?
>>
>>56384683
wet semen

>>56384763
No, they don't.

Yes, it is.

>>56384783
Malwarebytes.

>>56383583
pls
>>
File: e69.png (135KB, 551x523px) Image search: [Google]
e69.png
135KB, 551x523px
how do you do the white box around code?
eg: >>56382576
>>
How do I make her love me?
>>
>>56384518
if you got all the dust out, then it's possible the cooling fan is broken
replacing it isn't too difficult, look up some tutorial videos for the same/similar model laptop

in the interim, underclocking/undervolting can reduce the heat output if it's available, check in the bios
that or you can use an external fan blowing in through the bottom of the laptop to force some airflow
>>
>>56384741
Learn to walk before you can run. You'll probably do introductory procedural programming, algorithms and data structures in C, and high-level abstraction and construction techniques in C++. Plus every C program is a valid C++ program too.

Also there's plenty of work in C for operating systems, machinery, embedded computing, sensors, IoT, drivers etc.
>>
>>56384821
https://www.4chan.org/rules#g
>>
>>56384821
Those are code tags, so the same way you would do spoiler tags.

>>56384849
suck her dick
>>
>>56384763
Yes, in that rather than hitting 60 fps and being happy, you're now trying to hit 144 fps.
>>
How do I maintain control of my penis when a girl hugs me?
>>
What are some cool things I can do with the Android terminal?
>>
>>56384910
i'll let you know if one ever does
>>
File: 2015y12m03d_092441727.jpg (25KB, 549x308px) Image search: [Google]
2015y12m03d_092441727.jpg
25KB, 549x308px
Is it alright if I keep deleting the %temp% files on my SSD?
>>
>>56384937
yes, you could also consider putting %TEMP% on a ramdisk
>>
>>56384783
Bitdefender. No manual scans, but you've got MWB for that.
>>
I bought a box of electronics and cables at a yard sale for pretty cheap. Some of those electronics included a couple of iPhones that seem to be working but can't be unlocked. One is giving me the sync to iCloud message. How likely is it that they're stolen? Should I take them to the Apple store? Can I do anything with them?
>>
Is there any way to download 60fps or 4k YouTube videos that doesn't require installing a virus?

Best way to download YouTube videos in full resolution?
>>
>>56385043
every day someone asks, every day the same answer;
youtube-dl
>>
Is ASRock somehow related to ASUS?
>>
>>56385121
they split off, asscrack was the poorman's asus
>>
>>56385125
What do you mean "split off"? Did asus just decide to sell part of their company?
>>
>>56385139
read the fucking wiki, it refers to 2002
>>
Do people usually get boned when the try activating Russian Steam keys over a VPN?
>>
How do I make my farts more family friendly?
>>
>>56384077
Way late to your reply, but I started out doing SEO and contract jobs for other companies or individuals, and some interesting technical work as well that wasn't web related. The two that got attention for me enough to get hired on my first full-time gig were doing a site using common web technologies (LAMP stack that included essentially forum registration and had 6 mil websites indexed on it, strange thing) and doing a hack for a company to demo a controller at E3 that they modded. The full time job was primarily writing PHP scripts to scrape data off of different websites, but I was able to do more front and backend work and eventually moved on from that to something much more advanced
>>
>>56385179
Junk food = rotten farts.

Eat healthier and drink plenty of water.
>>
>>56385179
Razin Bran
>>
Computer making slight buzzing noise, goes away when i give it the fonz (kick it).
>>
File: shoes.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
shoes.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>56385232
Pedal backwards.
>>
i'm upgrading to a nvida gtx 1080 video card from an amd r9 280x.
Will my cpu bottleneck my performance to the extent that I won't be able to tell a difference between the two videocards?
amd fx-4350 quad-core processor
>>
>>56385326
yes.
>>
>>56385326
No you'll see a huge performance increase in non-cpu intensive games, but there will be some bottlenecking
>>
For awhile, we've been getting overseas, private number calls. We're convinced they're just scammers so we don't pick up.
Lately how ever, each time they call, for the duration that its ringing, i lose all internet connection. disconnected from everything, even skype, until they stop ringing.
Why is this? Is there something I can do to prevent it?

A family members job is technical and sometimes requires him to log in from home, but it would be far fetched to say it has anything to do with that, i'd say.
>>
>>56385360
>>56385336
Well I really wasn't planning on upgrading cpu unless I just had to, here's to hoping i can run games with max settings 60 fps
gtx 1080
fx-4350 quad-core processor
>>
>>56385395
It will work but god damn yes it will bottleneck hard.
>>
Why is it that connecting a router with no internet to my computer via ethernet interferes with getting internet via wifi from another router?
>>
Will the mid-sized case I used for my a10-5800k and HD 7750 be enough to fit my new build with i7-6700k and gtx 1070?

Can I ruin my hardware if I use my unrated PSU in my new build?

Is there any real benefit of $200+ mobo's if you're not OC'ing?
>>
>>56385400
do you have a cpu that you'd recommend? I was checking out the benchmarks and the
Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz
looked alright

Off the top of your head do you know if that cpu would work on the same motherboard that's running my fx-4350 quad-core?
>>
>>56385395
Nvidia is more forgiving in that regard than AMD, but it will depend on the game. It's worth it though to get a good i5 or i7. Graphics cards get obsolete pretty quickly, but a good CPU can stay competitive for like 5+ years
>>
>>56385428
God no. You can NEVER run an intel CPU on an amd board.
>>
What's the best MATE theme?
>>
>>56384518
Dude I think I've got that exact same laptop laying around that a relative gave me to fuck with instead of throwing it out. That's literally the reason I've done nothing with it. Running Linux I can get it to survive for a bit longer, but it ultimately craps out.
>>
>>56385446
i think my motherboard is an asus sabertooth990fx r2.0
any idea if an Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz
would fit on it?
>>
>>56385472
why don't you just look up the socket type and chipset type?
>>
>>56385472
You didn't understand what I said. Your motherboard can't into intel. Period.
>>
>>56385428
You cannot run AMD cpu's on Intel Motherboards or vice versa.

You have an AM3 board from AMD, the best CPU you could run is a FX9570. But I would not recommend it. I would look for for a used FX8350 or 8320 for cheap.
>>
Accidentally wrote over a .txt file that had 1000+ lines. Sublime won't go back with Ctrl+Z. Am I fucked?
>>
Is there a way to make my kindle sort pdf that are in different directories? It's very awkward having to rename the pdfs and that the list view isn't a tree view-like.
>>
>>56385483
>>56385484
ok sorry and thanks for the help guys!
>>56385486
thank you, i'll do that
>>
>>56385486
thanks again for the helpful post, did all the research for me. If i'm not happy with my performance after my gtx comes in, i might decide to get a fx8350
>>
>>56385595
Or just bite the bullet and get a new mobo. Those intels be ballin yo
>>
can someone explain the woodscrews meme to me? and its origins. is it... literally wood screws?
>>
>>56385676
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=woodscrews+meme
>>
>>56385641
I wouldn't.
They're gonna change the sockets Q2 next year, I think.
>>
>>56385595
Unless you find a great deal on a new one, buy used. AMD's new architecture "Zen" comes in about two months. Intel will release their new stuff Q2 next year (Supposedly)

Check reddits hardwareswap sub. Awesome used parts community. I buy their often.
>>
Is the 850 good if I'm going to be using it as a PCIe SSD, and how does it compare to the upcoming MX300 Crucial M.2 SSDs?

I don't want to be limited to ~540MB read/write.
>>
>>56385734
That'll be the first generation that doesn't support windows 7, right?
>>
>>56385756
Yes Microsoft made them cut support. Intel as well. You could always run windows 10 or Linux and VM into Win 7 if you want.

I use 10 and its not too bad.
>>
just keep in mind that when companies say "won't support" they don't necessarily mean "it won't work", but just "if something doesn't work we won't make any special effort to resolve it"
>>
File: P1010171.jpg (2MB, 4111x3456px) Image search: [Google]
P1010171.jpg
2MB, 4111x3456px
I just bought ddr3 2133mhz ram after seeing a few videos where ram speed can give you extra framez.

My previous DDR3 was 1600mhz 8gb that ran at 1600mhz with XMP Disabled (IDK WHY)

I installed my new DDR3 2133mhz 16gb ram and it is running 1333mhz, I enable XMP Profile 2 which runs at 2133mhz and it insta crashes

Profile 1 at 1866mhz also insta crashes.

What the fuck man.. I just paid 100 bux for this shit? Dam im retarded. How do I get this shit running at the good speeds and not have wasted my money??

I am also pre pissed because when it crashed my OCed 2500k went back to stock clock speeds and I forgot what volts and ghz I was running before.. Oh well
>>
>>56385805
Yeah, but intel won't be putting out any drivers for windows 7 or 8 on kaby. It's possible that shit just won't work period.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3112663/software/microsoft-made-em-do-it-the-latest-kaby-lake-zen-chips-will-support-only-windows-10.html
>>
File: 22025187.jpg (25KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
22025187.jpg
25KB, 320x240px
What's the tag or class for the CTRL + F bar in firefox?

I can't select it with the inspector
chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
>>
>>56384346
Mine came with a driver CD but it wasn't necessary. Worked with my pi. No idea if they're the same one or not though.
>>
What types of files should end with a newline? Should md files?
>>56385883
It's called findbar, I think.
>>56385498
There's a previous versions tab in the properties for files on Windows. Sometimes you have to enable it and sometimes it's auto enabled for files that you edit a ton.
>>
File: 1472687943471.png (201KB, 434x357px) Image search: [Google]
1472687943471.png
201KB, 434x357px
Is there any way to always get the number captchas?
>>
how do i upgrade from debian stable to unstable?
>>
File: Meze 99 CLASSICS EQed to flat.png (22KB, 674x490px) Image search: [Google]
Meze 99 CLASSICS EQed to flat.png
22KB, 674x490px
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to flatten out my headphones but I don't think I'm doing it right.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/meze-99-classics-very-fun-very-tasty-measurements#5BsreAHl8aYMAvT3.97
>>
>>56385883
>>56385954
Thanks, it was findbar.
>>
Anyone got audio working on an odroid c2 running arch?
Can't seem to get it to work, aplay can only detect my soundcards if it runs as root.
>>
File: poop.png (28KB, 609x807px) Image search: [Google]
poop.png
28KB, 609x807px
>>56385959
Yes.
>>
File: 876476537.png (9KB, 687x88px) Image search: [Google]
876476537.png
9KB, 687x88px
>>56386086
Already on
>>
File: DSC00057.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00057.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
How much would it cost on.average to fix a "Operation system not found" error on my PC? I fucked around in it because the guy who built it put the power unit upside down but I accidentally pulled out some shit and all I get when I boot it up is that operating error screen. Fucking around in the BIOS didn't help and I can't reinstall windows. I have an MSI G series motherboard if that helps. And I could get the actual name too if you need it. Am I fucked?
>>
For some reason everytime I put my pc on sleep, it won't wake up from longer sleeps. It just turns off and if I try to turn it on again, it just turns off again. I have to flip the PSU switch in order to get it to turn on again. What's the problem here?
>>
>>56386105
My apologies. You will occasionally receive a word recaptcha using the legacy version. I do not think there is a way for you to exclusively receive the addresses.

Why do you only want the addresses, if you don't mind?
>>
>>56386124
They're easier
>>
>>56386109
>I fucked around in it because the guy who built it put the power unit upside down but I accidentally pulled out some shit
You probably just pulled out the harddrive power cable or the sata cable. Just plug it back in and you should be fine. If you ruined the harddrive or motherboard it will cost you around $100 to get a new one and about an hour of labor to reinstall the operating system.
>>
File: about.png (50KB, 1050x774px) Image search: [Google]
about.png
50KB, 1050x774px
The fuck is going on here? Deleted localstore, deleted xulstore, deleted system32, nothing works.
>>
>>56386086
>>56386105

What tools are those?
>>
I transfered money into my PayPal account two days ago but PayPal still hasn't processed it.
Should I be worried, or is this normal? How long to wait?
>>
>>56386181
Will do. Thanks man.
>>
>>56386377
Nah. They're pretty slow about it. If you hit 5 days I would be worried.
>>
File: mario.png (5KB, 50x67px) Image search: [Google]
mario.png
5KB, 50x67px
Hi guys, i'm running on a 4670K on a Z87 mobo with a GTX 770 OC'd.
I got some extra money and i wanted to upgrade my video card (probably to a 1070) and i was wondering if this 2 years old build would bottleneck video games.

TL;DR would a 1070 be wasted on a 2 years old build?
>>
What should I do to have my home server be at adresses like "domain.com/music" instead of "domain.com:1234"?
It's something with a http server, but I'm not sure what the thing is called.
>>
Is it ok to commit & push updates that change one line of code?

I feel so dirty whenever I do it.
>>
>>56386725
the :1234 is a port, ./music is a directory.
domain.com:1234/music is thus also a possible way.
>>
>>56386534
Nope. CPUs age much slower than GPUs. That combo will be fine unless you plan on going heavy into VR.
>>
>>56386534
It's probably difficult to say, even for someone who is intimately familiar with the hardware, since it depends on the particular models and the games that you play. There are of course ways to figure out what the bottleneck of your system is right now, and make your decision based on that. You also might want to consider what the purpose is of your upgrade. Do you really need the upgrade right now or could you do it later (the longer you wait, the more bang you'll get for your buck)? When will you do the next upgrade on your computer? The 1070 is a premium card and there's a lot of diminishing returns in the premium price segment. If you don't intend to upgrade more than once every 2 years it makes more sense to buy a mid-range card than a premium card.
>>
>>56386534
Not a fucking chance, and don't listen to the fuckers who say otherwise, especially this guy: >>56386917 who's a fucking retard.
>>
>>56386940
Oh yeah, and that fucker didn't even answer your question.
>>
My 400$ laptop has an i3.
How much of a disparity is there between this an and i7? In quality and price?

I can run Dark Souls 1 around 20fps, and most early 360/PS3 multiplat games that are on PC.

Some of which--according to CanIRunIt--have a minimum of i5 requirement.

Whereas newer games I've seen have i3 minimum requirement, like the latest Deus Ex.

I don't plan on buying another laptop, just curious about all this.
>>
File: 261.jpg (29KB, 418x350px) Image search: [Google]
261.jpg
29KB, 418x350px
>>56386917
Good point. I usually don't like playing the waiting game though and i can afford spending 2-300 bucks every one or two years so i guess i'll probably be better off with a 1060 or a radeon 480?

>>56386871
Not going for VR until it has a decent amount of games/apps and hardware requirements that manufacturers can actually sustain, i just want to play current gen vidya at an acceptable frame rate (i'm playing on a FHD screen by the way)
>>
I fucking hate math but want to work in a /g/ field
pls spoonfeed
>>
Are those sites for P2P file sharing like reep.io / justbeamit legit and secure?
>>
>>56386940
>>56386940
I'm trying to help him make a rational decision here, nothing else. >>56386871 also seems to acknowledge that there are certain applications that require a more powerful CPU, and we have no way of knowing what particular games that the asker in question plays and in what way he plays them. I'm giving the advice that mid-range cards are in general more cost-effective than premium cards unless you upgrade very often, because this is a mistake that many people make. If I'm wrong about this, perhaps you would care to explain and I will apologize for giving bad advice.
>>
I am trying to test my app I'm making in Android Studio and I keep getting this error:
>Error:Execution failed for task ':app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.
Can't find any fix for it online. Any ideas?
>>
File: earghedredrh.png (14KB, 574x444px) Image search: [Google]
earghedredrh.png
14KB, 574x444px
I am trying to save html versions of 4chan threads and edit them. Is there an easy way to do this? I haven't found any WYSIWYG editors that can load the html properly, all I get is this.

I tried this
>addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/edit-any-page/
which is basically what I want, but you cant save changes at all. Is there any easy way?
>>
I want my Firefox 40.0.3 to want me when I'm about to close a window. What should I look for in about:config?
>>
>>56387296
1. Right click
2. "Inspect element"
3. "Edit as html"
4. Make the change
5. Save page
6. ?????
7. Profit!
>>
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/internal/nas/

I see that WD sells "2.5" NAS Drives" yet I can't find any hard data regarding reliability. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'd really like to build an ultraslim NAS but there's no point if that shit won't hold up.
>>
>>56387309
browser.jumpmybones.close

Also update your browser already.
>>
File: halp.jpg (80KB, 828x523px) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
80KB, 828x523px
So I'm trying to get clicked element which I can get with this,
Also I need to get whole table so I know the exact element that has been clicked(probably has a better way)
So i have been trying to do that for past hour
>>
>>56387333
Never. FF gets worse with every update.
>>
I really don't know much about computer science but I've seen just from lurking these threads that a lot of people intend to put their "projects" on their resumes. I'm curious as to what some of these projects are. Please respond and tell me a few of the things that you created and the difficulty that went into it. Thank you.
>>
>>56387328
Thanks that sort of helps, although it would be nice to be able to edit the webpage directly without having to touch the html.
Its just a bit slow this way if I want to remove a whole load of posts from a thread.
>>
>>56387341
Yeah it sucks that software keeps changing menus, but you can't just keep using out of date shit. The longer you wait, the more unsecure and behind on the standards it will be. If you have to, pick another browser. Best you can do.
>>
>>56387357
How about
>Right click right below the >> of the post you want to delete
>"Inspect element"
>"Delete Node"
Takes a few seconds at most.
>>
>>56387410
Still not fast enough. I want to basically edit a 4chan page like a word doc, being able to highlight large chunks of the webpage with my mouse-cursor and delete 20 posts at once.

I was originally hoping html editors like MS Expression Web or Libreoffice would work but for some reason the format gets garbled like >>56387296

You've given me good start though.
>>
>>56386725
i presume you mean "http://domain.com/music"?
you can configure your web server to proxy "http://localhost:1234" from "/music"
for example;
https://www.nginx.com/resources/admin-guide/reverse-proxy/
>>
File: ilekxevne9nby2lrawvx.jpg (669KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
ilekxevne9nby2lrawvx.jpg
669KB, 2000x1125px
I bought pic related, thinking I'd be okay without root... But I'm not. I'm really not. Not actually owning the device I purchased isn't okay, and half the apps I install don't fucking work without root. I can't find any info on rooting it, other than generic auto-generated "just fastboot oem unlock and flash twrp!" guides, and I've tried Root Genius and Kingroot, but neither are working. What other options are there? There's nothing on xda about rooting it, and the commands that work on the S50 don't work on this one.
>>
for a graphics card that requires an 8+8-Pin connector would it matter if I plugged in two 6+2 pin cables instead of using a dual 6+2 pin cable?
>>
>>56387481
No. Assuming your PSU has enough juice to power everything, literally the only place where just plugging in whatever fits would go wrong is your motherboard headers. Everything else inside just goes wherever there's an available plug, and is totally compatible.
>>
>>56387499
thanks!
>>
>>56387463
If literally half your apps need root you're doing it wrong. Also buying a niche smartphone by a construction company running current android and expecting it to be rootable. Why don't you just dual boot debian and OmniROM while you're at it? ;^)
>>
>>56387448
>>56387410
>>56387328
Also, I dont seem to be able to save changes as html?
>>
>>56387522
I mean, maybe not half, but enough that it seriously detracts from the Android experience. If I wanted to be stuck with whatever shit came with the phone, I'd buy an iPhone. Not being able to use TitaniumBackup, AdAway, Greenify, Tasker/Automagic, GravityBox, and Xposed sucks.
>>
>>56387541
Then look up what you're phone can do before you buy it. You should assume things are locked down before you buy them. And if you (or the company you're working for) are buying THAT phone, you have other reasons not to get the iphone. Just disable the bloat apps, use Adguard, and get used to stock android. It's a lot comfier than previous versions.
>>
>>56387585
It wasn't out when I bought it, it was a preorder. There didn't seem to be any other good options for phones(not fragile as shit, decent battery, recent Android version, not from a company that's pushed ads or fucks up Android, waterproof, SD slot), and it didn't even occur to me that I wouldn't be able to root it. It's my first smartphone, and every other one I'd looked up was rootable, if you don't mind voiding warranties, as have been all my Android tablets. Plus, thermal imager. Always wanted one of those.
>>
>>56387620
It sounds cool, although the little golden switch for waterproofing seems a little gimicky. Honestly it's just surprising to see a rugged class phone that isn't ass. But yeah, loads of phones are unrootable, especially the ones running marshmallow. Often times a phone won't get root until it's gone a year or two without updates or someone's specifically built an exploit for your exact model.
>>
How can I lock the window position of various programs?
As in, they will restart at the same area of the screen that I put them in?
>>
>>56385830
bump
>>
>>56387691
so start testing if it can do 1600 1800 2000 and when does it crashes
no xmp profile, just set it in bios I guess
>>
How to I format /wipe a SSHD (SSD HDD hybrid)

Do I treat it like a HDD or a SSD? Or something entirely different?
>>
>>56387717
But why is it that 1866mhz which is much lower than the 2133 also crash?
Also it uses the same voltage as my old one in the XMP profile. There must be someething else wrong here..
>>
Where's the "ANY KEY" that Homer need to press
>>
Why are people more crazy for Pokemon VS yugioh when we could have have amazing duels in the streets?

Is it really that expensive to create a duel disk?
>>
File: any.jpg (42KB, 800x299px) Image search: [Google]
any.jpg
42KB, 800x299px
>>56387786
the blue one on the picture
>>
>>56387754
Use whatever utility the manufacturer provides to secure erase
>>
>>56387800
Thank You.
For all these years finally someone give me the answer.
>>
>>56387754
It's basically a HDD with a big nonvolatile cache
>>
>>56387795
Yugioh is way more angsty and not as cute
>>
>>56387754
WD or Seagate?
Seagate is just a cache, WD basically has something like sata splitter inside so part of it is only accessible through proprietary driver.
>>
How does one go about reading CLRS? It's a textbook jam-packed with notation, albeit easy to understand notation. The exercises are where I start scratching my head. I'm no MIT student, should I just glance over the exercises, or are they actually important in my understanding/comprehension of the text?
>>
>>56384134
good luck dealing with the wannabe game devs who then drop out after the first semester because they realize they wont be doing jack shit related to game developing.
>>
File: pokemon_s01e04_misty_bug-blue.png (768KB, 1251x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_s01e04_misty_bug-blue.png
768KB, 1251x1080px
I hear windows 10 has a built-in video capture tool. I didn't want to update, so I'm on win8.1. Any recommendations?
>>
Does windows expirience index tell anything? I noticed that one of my laptops with C2D 8700 scored 6 for cpu, while other one with i3 3120m scored 3.5.

Second laptop is better in every single way and runs on 64bit while first runs on 32 bit software. Is WEI just bugged or is 64 bit software too much to handle for second laptop so it scored less?
>>
>>56388251
OBS
>>
File: acerpredator21xifa.jpg (74KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
acerpredator21xifa.jpg
74KB, 1170x780px
>>56383435
What's the main disadvantage of running OSX exclusively if I want to do data science?
>>
>>56388277
No, it's purpose is purely masturbatory
>>
>>56388298
safety I guess
but you should go linux
not locking yourself in specific propietary eco system
>>
File: Inspiron-15-Gaming.png (30KB, 247x813px) Image search: [Google]
Inspiron-15-Gaming.png
30KB, 247x813px
Is this laptop overpriced?

I live in Denmark so the price here is $1430 because stupid 25% sales tax :(

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=dncwpw5722b&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop
>>
File: 1471835054755.jpg (74KB, 363x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471835054755.jpg
74KB, 363x480px
>>56388287
Thank-you
>>
>>56388407
Do you really really need gaming notebook?
Get rather 1000€ desktop and 400€ chromebook or lower tier ultrabooks
>>
>>56388407
>4k in 15"
lmao'ing rn.
>>
>>56388407
>revolutionary cooling design
Friend's got a high end Dell laptop. His laptop heated up to 120 celsius because of the shape of the cover that the fans have :)

Based revolutionary design from Dell.
>>
can i get a usb numpad or something like that and reprogram it (or intercept its communication) to print different unicode characters like what have you?
>>
>>56388444
>Get rather 1000€ desktop and 400€ chromebook or lower tier ultrabooks

This was my original plan but I will need to run Android Studio and Unity at my uni next semester.
>>
Hi guys

I want to delete all of the mapped network drives on the domain with a basic batch script:
net use delete * /yes

However what I want to do is not delete, for example drive U (user drive).

We have the home folder mapped as U in AD and would like it to keep it that way if possible.
>>
>>56388524
At your desktop they will run fine
at school they will have desktops for you as well
why do you desire they also run on your notebook?
>>
>>56388546
>at school they will have desktops for you as well

Unfortunately, no. Only the administration have their own computers. Staff, academic staff and students bring their own laptops.
>>
I was messing around at a party last night and had some fun with my mates and anyway today noticed that I can't hold my shit anymore, it just leaks out. Did my anus get ruined just from that? Or will it heal eventually? I don't want to be in diapers for the rest of my life.
>>
>>56388585
extremely shit their school I must say
having labs, getting PCs for students, hell even getting them notebooks to take home is something basic
and this is coming from anon from eastern europe

would look before pulling trigger on acer nitro notebooks, had one in hands was excelent, from extremely good screen to quiet cooling
dell takes extra € for the brand name, and is not always that much better
>>
>>56388623
>>>/applegeneral/
>>
>>56388277
It's a basic metric you may or may not find useful. The overall rating is just based on the lowest score you get out of several categories. If you click into it you can find out which areas it thinks are the worst.

>>56388489
Sure. There are any number of different programs that can do key mapping, although you don't need a separate pad for it. If you wanted an additional pad that acted independently from the number pad on your main keyboard you would probably have to find one that came with a custom mapping feature.
>>
>>56388623
No, it's a lot like a woman who just gave birth. Your anus just needs time to retract. It should actually be stronger than when you started.
>>
For a GTX1060, what resolution and refresh rate should I aim for when buying a monitor for it?
>>
File: 1470640136975.png (303KB, 360x436px) Image search: [Google]
1470640136975.png
303KB, 360x436px
>>56388623
>>
>>56388736
you should not fall retarded assumptions
you are buying best monitor in your budget for what you do
monitors usually last considerably longer than gpus
>>
>>56388736
Should probably add that I'll be gayming on it and don't want to spend more than 250 or 300 max
>>
"SSL handshake failed"

Anyone else can't make a new thread on g ? Or did i fucked up something with my raspberry pi ?
>>
File: image_400x400.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image_400x400.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
I want to start using LaTeX for all my documents. Is there a way i can edit the latex file on my laptop and let my Linux server process the result (output)
>>
>>56388869
Shhhh! Don't let them hear what you shitpost from or they'll hack you!
>>
>>56388880
Hacking is a myth.
>>
>>56388893
Nice try. You won't get ME to take down my firewall!
>>
>>56388873
invest time more visely
in the end your pdf will look same as others done in word or other programs
but it will take you 200 hours to get comfortable with latex and to get the speed up to par to normal editor use
>>
>>56388926
I have been using word for a long long time.
I has many downsides witch can somewhat be solved with plugins.

Latex document allow for better change management and are easily stored. Als the M$ office package is not free.
>>
File: IMG_20160731_203656152 - Copy.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160731_203656152 - Copy.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
What the fuck is this thing /g/? I'm trying to sell it and it clearly says poweredge all over it but when I look up the S/T for specs it's showing up as a PowerVault DP500. The bottom server, that is.
>>
I dont know why I cannot go to almost any site bing google msn the only pages I can open is youtube and 4chan and it's driving me insane, it makes no sense and I don't know how the fuck to fix it I've entirely reinstalled firefox and I still just time out when trying to load other pages

what the hell could this possibly be? got no help yesterday and no where else to ask so here we go
>>
>>56389049
Find the dell service tag and put it here
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04
>>
>>56389073
That's what I did. It's showing up as a PowerVault.
>>
>>56389080
The PowerVault line means it is some kind of a storage appliance. I could be a fusion between two dell products since dell is like legos.
>>
>>56389052
is there really nobody here who can answer this
>>
I'm extremely competent in C at the 101 University level. I wish to continue learning and I'll probably use codeacademy to do so.

I want to make android apps. What language(s?) should I learn? Are there any resources you would recommend?
>>
is it sad that i dont know how to use any tiling window manager but i know how to use tmux
>>
Sapphire Radeon NITRO RX 460 4GB

or

PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB

???

Around the same price. Just checking for build quality.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 238x192px
So I posted yesterday that I had the weirdest problem in the world. Every time I stopped touching the keyboard and mouse, for example watching a video or playing a game with a controller, video goes to like 1 fps, sound would still work fine. If I moved the mouse, it went back to normal. I updated drivers, ran diagnostics etc, nothing. I was ready to send it to the store but first I thought to check the processes and found 2 shady looking ones and stopped them and then deleted them. One was an exe from the folder of a pirated game...

Apparently, of course, it was a fucking virus and the fucker responsible, as now everything works fine. Pic related, it's me.

In conclusion, if something weird is happening with your pc, check for viruses first.
>>
>>56388680
>Sure. There are any number of different programs that can do key mapping, although you don't need a separate pad for it. If you wanted an additional pad that acted independently from the number pad on your main keyboard you would probably have to find one that came with a custom mapping feature.
Ok! My keyboard is not tenkeyless though and i like my regular numpad. Maybe some remapping software can differentiate between input devices? I'll look into it. Thanks!
>>
>>56389232
380 is considerably faster
>>
>>56389232
Look up some reviews, 380 outperforms the 460 by a wide margin. Not to mention you can find a 380x for like $160 or $170. The 460 is more on par with the 370, even then it comes up short sometimes.
>>
>>56389147
Do you have this problem when you use other browsers?
>>
>>56383924
>If you have a project that you've made using that language in any capacity, it would be worth mentioning that.
On this topic; what is a suitable project to demonstrate an understanding in a language. As in, what size/complexity project will be sufficient to list/link on a job app?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>56383435
My computer won't start, the fans run the hard drives run, the disk drive functions, but I get a black screen and no beep code. H E L P.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>56389539
Also I took the ram out on purpose to see if that was the problem, and still nothing. It's an older computer too, and I want to restore it
>>
>>56389539
>>56389555
no beep codes maybe because you have no speaker connected?
>>
i have an USB 3.0 SSD plugged into my mobo's 3.0 port
but it transfers at 50-70 MB/s
now, USB 2.0 maximum speed is 60 MB/s so it is using USB 3.0, but why the fuck is it so slow?
>>
So, what is better for keyboards/mouse?
PS/2 or USB? Why?
>>
>>56389707
are you copying files from an HD?
>>
>>56389555
Did you change anything before this problems started happening?
>>
File: jodfyguhj.jpg (100KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
jodfyguhj.jpg
100KB, 600x500px
Almost pulling the trigger on this combo:

>Intel Core i7-6700 Skylake 3.4Ghz
>Stock cooler
>Asus B150M-C DDR4
>HyperX 2133MHz (2x4GB)
>EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 8GB
>HDD 1000GB Sata III (no specific brand)
>600W 80 Plus, Active PFC (no specific brand)
>Corsair Carbide 400C

Its on sale here and no, if I change the CPU to a 6600k it does not become cheaper since here the 6600+CM212+Z170 is a little bit more expensive. Cant put SSD since it would break the sale value the whole PC has.

Anything I should know? Probably the only thing I can change its the i7 6700 to a i6 6400/6500/6600(non-k) and the RAM, but i'll buy another 8GB after this anyway.
>>
The head of the IT department at my job wants me to look into Powershell to see if I can come up with a script that will look through our WAFS server and identify any folders that are saved under the wrong directory via comparing folder and subfolder names (we use a format where each client folder we have starts with a 3 letter identification code, which is what my department head wants the script to reference).

I'm an absolute retard when it comes to scripting (I can barely handle Python), but since it sounds like they want me to become the Powershell guy (they think I'm knowledgeable about scripting because I used the "Record Macro" function in Word to jury-rig a basic formatting macro for accounting to use) I figure I might as well ask: is it even possible to set up a script to do this or if I should just start looking for a small freeware program that does what I want?
>>
>>56389657
The beep comes from the mobo you retard
>>
File: 2010-08-19_015907_MBSpk.jpg (11KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
2010-08-19_015907_MBSpk.jpg
11KB, 650x433px
>>56389814
>I don't know how computers work
>>
>>56389785
I tried to put in an HD, as when I bought it, it didn't have one
>>
>>56389798
>>>/g/pcbg

>>56389814
not all mobos have built in speaker you stupid fuck
>>
>>56389837
Mine has one that is in the mobo itself, and it doesn't come from the speaker, I've tried
>>
>>56389798
Don't bother buying more ram unless you find yourself using what you've already got. Looks like a good deal, just buy an SSD later on. There's no such thing as an i6, but go ahead and get the i7

>>56389851
Are you saying it's new and never run before? Have you ever seen anything on the screen?
>>
>>56389799
>WAFS
why not doing it in python?
should be relatively simple and if you are using python 3.5 os.walk will be so much faster than previous version if its network stuff you will be crawling thanks to scandir

just look in to os.walk and do your thing with the directory names comparison or some shit...
I use powershell for uninstalling, setting registry, killing processes, policy settings,...
>>
>>56389876
have you tried multiple monitors/cables? maybe its posting but your unable to see it because the monitor or cable is not working?
>>
>>56389859
Thanks nigger
>>
>>56389895

I brought it up but he's convinced that Python just wouldn't be as fast as Powershell, plus I think it's intended to be a learning process because he wants to incorporate Powershell into our architecture a lot more than we currently are (for reasons he has not given).
>>
File: 111.png (14KB, 775x496px) Image search: [Google]
111.png
14KB, 775x496px
>no more trustworthy torrent sites
>buy monthly office because i need it asap (free 1 month trial) for job applications

Did I fuck up? Where can I get Office anon?
>>
>>56389971
Word Online is free with your free Outlook account you dumb shit face.
Also why the fuck you need the full package ?
>>
what's a good quickpics alternative?
>>
>>56389783
no, from an SSD
>>
>>56389894
Yes it has run, it displayed the message that you would get if you didn't have a hard drive and displayed the IBM logo
>>
>>56389901
Yes I have. Should I try to find a video card?
>>
So I got my first PC build running, it posts and aside from some fan wankery, it seems that everything's running fine.

But when I power it on, instead of pulling up the BIOS/CMOS, it just asks me to select the boot device or insert the boot media, and doesn't give me any options to do so.
Is this because there's a connection issue with my harddrive or something?
>>
>>56390082
And since you added the hard drive the screen is now entirely black? Is your monitor connected to the motherboard or your GPU?
>>
>>56390103
is your hd listed in the bios?
>>
>>56390103
What's your motherboard, and have you tried inserting a windows install disk?
>>
>>56390124
It is connected to my mobo, as I don't have a gpu for that computer
>>
>>56390014
I need the top 4 desu

But, I need it offline sometimes you know
>>
>>56390159
Find an unmodified copy of office from a torrent, verify it's checksum on MSDN, and activate it with Microsoft toolkit from mydigitallife.
>>
>>56390098
you can't unless it has an AGP slot, which from the pics it doesn't look like it does.
>>
Where should I map the super key on my Model M keyboard?
>>
>>56390212
No, from the pictures he has three of those
>>
>>56390269
those are not AGP slots. They are PCI.
>>
I'm here at a course provided by the goverment.
They're close to say Linux, should I interject?
>>
>>56390153
Then you want to follow this guide down to the letter:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
>>
>>56390269
those are pci, not agp
>>
>>56390281
Can't he just get a pci video card?
>>
I want a macbook. All it's going to be for is classwork. I'm a CS major and I tend to have a fair bit of things open on my computer at any given time. The most I'll need graphics-wise is enough to play something like Hearthstone. I don't want to be slowed down by compiling projects or anything silly like that but I also really value my portability.

Will a Macbook Air 13" be enough to not be slow in what I'm going to be using it for, or should I get the Pro 13" for 350 bucks more and heavier?
>>
>>56390296
Motherfuck! Those ARE agp. Dinosaurs do roam the earth!
>>
>>56390336
Wait are they pci or agp? I'm confused. I just want to know whether or not a gpu would help
>>
>>56383435
My mothers old ipod is dying and she refuses to use her phone as a mp3 player, is there some hidden gem that can take video and has a simple interface and is ~$150 or do I just get her the latest ipod.
>>
no they are actually pci.
>>56390300
>>56390364
it would be extremely painful.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814139050
>>
>>56390142
Gigabyte, and no I haven't tried installing a windows disk
>>
>>56390391
I got that shit. I love that little motherfucker.
>>
>>56390391
I don't care, I just want it to fucking boot
>>
i've been trying to overclock my 970 for the last month or so but i need a bit of help.

i'm using nvidia inspector to monitor load, temperature, clock speeds et c while in-game and stress testing. one thing that has me confused is the "Est. Max" section. i had the core clock set to +155, so 1269MHz, and the Est. max said "1600". my game crashed because it was trying to reach 1600 which is too much for my chip. so i lowered the core by 5Mhz and the Est. Max dropped down to "1504"... noticing this i raised it again by 5Mhz to see what would happen and the Est. Max changed to 1509.

basically, it doesn't seem to be calculated statically, there's obviously other variables that are affecting it to which im unaware. can anyone shed some life on just how this value is calculated? is it possible cap it at a certain value so that it doesn't keep randomly crashing? because its hard to find stable settings when that value keeps changing itself. it doesn't seem to be the same as "Boost clock", which says 1408MHz.

i'd like to cap the est max at 1500 if i can so that the chip doesnt try go above that.
>>
>>56390410
if its not beeping and the internal speaker isnt broken then it is booting you're just not seeing it because you're trying to use HDMI to VGA without a DAC or some dumb shit.
>>
Doesn't some board have a game development general?

I'm using OpenGL and I have some stupid questions although I'm not developing a game
>>
>>56390364
We got off on a tangent. It's unlikely that adding a graphics card would do anything for you. Double check all your connections, and follow the guide >>56390285

That's probably the most we'll be able to help you.
>>
I want a 144hz monitor, few things though

1. Can I even run vidya at 144fps with a 6600k and RX480?

2. Is freesync noticeable or worth it for a 144 monitor?
>>
>>56390392
I don't know how people on this thread always manage to provide the least helpful answer possible. What is your MODEL? And start the damn installation already.
>>
>>56390463
>>>/vg/153616087
>>
If I pirate a game with multiplayer, can I play it on LAN?
>>
>>56390512
Usually, yes.
>>
When I torrent things and choose to only download some of the things, why does my torrent client decide to download all the things anyway?

As an example, I download an anime. The torrent includes all the episodes, openings, endings, commentary etc. But I only want to download the episodes, so I select only the episodes. But then when the download is finished I see all the other files in the folder?
>>
>>56390512
Depends on how well pirated it is. Probably
>>
File: vxVC47.png (63KB, 1994x1009px) Image search: [Google]
vxVC47.png
63KB, 1994x1009px
6600k, Hyper 212, those are my temps. Core volt 1.328. Is that all good? Or should I be worried?
>>
>>56390530
You have a shitty client.
>>
>>56390543
But it happens to Utorrent 2.2.1, qBittorrent and Deluge.

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere?
>>
how do i stop my ISP from throttling me?
CenturyLink btw
>>
>>56390603
Depends on what you mean by 'throttling'
>>
>>56390578
You should be able to set file priority to "don't download" and pretty much have it not.
>>
How important are amps on phone chargers?

I see my stock motorola charger is 0.2A and while looking to buy another one i see most are 1-2A.

Will it make my phone charge faster?
>>
File: 1415732430839.jpg (219KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1415732430839.jpg
219KB, 2048x1536px
Is there any way to make sure NumLock is on by default at all times?
I have to press the button every time after my laptop has entered sleep mode and it annoys me.
>>
>>56390627
just awful download speeds one day then great another
>>
>>56390684
Probably, the amps state the maximum current the charger can supply. So assuming the charger is compatible (correct plug and voltage), your phone can then charge at the maximum rate that your firmware and battery chemistry will allow.
>>
>>56390539
is this idle or load? its fine for the latter
>>
>>56383583
Phone make and model?
>>
>>56390724
That just sounds like you have a shitty ISP.
>>
does anyone make a usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet nas converter thingy?
>>
File: how horrible.png (282KB, 513x370px) Image search: [Google]
how horrible.png
282KB, 513x370px
I think I've fucked up terribly

>follow instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/general/guide-rootrecovery-how-to-root-install-t3017056 to root my Sony Xperia Z3
>flash the rom for my model
>when phone boots up it gets severel messages of process.android.acore has stopped
>then it says Contacts has stopped
>reboots itself and keeps repeating

Can I even fix this?
>>
How do I torrent without getting the feds on my ass?
>>
>>56390812
Read the comments on a torrent file before downloading it.
PeerBlock or editing your hosts file.
Private trackers.
>>
>>56390190
what grants 'unmodified'?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-02-09-17-27.png (90KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-02-09-17-27.png
90KB, 720x1280px
What could cause that SO android is using so much battery?
>>
>>56390494
Gigabyte H110M-S2H-GSM
>>
Could I buy a Moto G4 with ads then root it and remove the ads?
>>
>>56390919
What do you mean?
>>
>>56389971
>what is Open/Libre Office
yeah you fucked up

>>56390103
>>56390881
you have to press a specific button for it to go into bios

>>56390307
>I want a macbook
then get one and stop posting here, faggot
literally anything will be good enough to surf the web and write shit

>>56390432
get msi afterburner

>>56390479
1. depending on the game you might have to lower some settings but it should work. also you dont actually need 144 fps for it to make a difference.
2. if you want to avoid screen tearing, yes freesync is worth it.

>>56390539
run prime95 for a few hours, if it doesnt go higher than that you're fine.

>>56390603
change ISP

>>56390721
Enable it in BIOS then use software to unbind it in your OS.

>>56390795
have you tried googling USB3 ethernet adapter?

>>56390812
private tracker and/or a good VPN

>>56390834
peerblock is placebo, it does fucking nothing because the MPAA dogs can just change their IP.
>>
Where can I get Windows XP to install on my USB? I need it to boot up my main computer.
>>
>>56390969
>windows xp
KYS or google windows live cd usb
>>
>>56390934
>get msi afterburner

thats what im using to modify the values tho, im just using nvidia inspector to monitor
>>
>>56391009
just use msi afterburner for that too
>>
>>56384888
good advice, worked for me
>>
>>56390934
>you have to press a specific button for it to go into bios
Thank you, found the necessary info in the online manual since one didn't actually come with the fucking mobo.
Is there anything I should immediately alter in the BIOS for running Windows 7, or should I just install Win7
>>
>>56391022
okay, but it still not explaining why my est max is jumping around and whatnot. like say i have it set to 1264. the boost will say 1403 which is fine. but then the est max will change value, right now it says 1504 but it decides it wants to jump insanely high like to 1600 sometimes, and then the card will try push itself to match the est max value of 1600. it doesnt matter what software i use because it still tries to match the high frequency that i have no way of changing
>>
>>56390435
I don't have hdmi
>>
>>56391100
Check if RAM is running at the correct speed and that it detects your drives.
>>
NEW THREAD: >>56391150
>>
>>56390990
Thx I'll just have to kill myself.
>>
>>56391125
That's not the point. We weren't saying that specific thing is the case, we were saying that we're not there in your room so we can't see whatever little thing might be connected up wrong. You're pretty much on your own, but if it worked before you should be able to make it work again, assuming you haven't damaged anything electrically. If all else fails, take apart literally everything in and around the computer and put it all back together(you can leave your cpu and psu alone).
>>
>>56391390
he should pull the psu cables too just in case. you never know.
>>
>>56391487
Good point. I meant don't actually take the psu out of the case or open it, but do literally everything else.
>>
>>56390724
I had this happen on Centurylink. The moment it happens, call Centurylink and have them run tests. Sometimes you have to hound them several times in order to get them to send a tech out to inspect the lines.
>>
>>56390834
Peerblock is absolutely useless and should never be trusted. There are numerous articles that are just a Google away that explain why.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.