[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 52

File: 1450304567912.jpg (103KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1450304567912.jpg
103KB, 900x675px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE and WAIT for a reply. You are NOT entitled to an answer.

For Linux related stuff, try >>>/g/flt

>READ THE STICKY FIRST >>51971506
>GOOGLE YOUR ISSUE BEFORE POSTING
>DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

Redirect anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find this thread.
>>
So, I posted awhile back saying that arch can't connect to my uni's wifi because of enterprise shit. No help was recieved for this, so I went to the IT dept, and they said they can't give me the certs or whatever so I can set up a wpa2-enterprise connection "because of security reasons". A bunch of people online said wicd should help, so I installed it, it didn't help, and uninstalled it, now networkmanager doesn't work either. Wifi-menu just flat out says it refuses to connect. Ubuntu and Kali work, though. Am I screwed? Can I fix networkmanager and enterprise connections on arch, is there a better distro, or should I just use noobuntu?
>>
>>56307618
Oh you suggest installing a virutalbox and then installing another OS on it just to run something?
>>
>>56307553

ADATA SP550. This one will be discounted. Version 120 GB and 256 GB.
>>
File: a4082.jpg (94KB, 493x800px) Image search: [Google]
a4082.jpg
94KB, 493x800px
what is the best way to get a free windows 10 key?

i really need help here please
>>
>>56307642
that's an OK drive.

>>56307632
not the guy that suggested it, but it's a good suggestion.
>>
>>56307746
I know but I just want to run one thing in a sandbox once, is there no decent sandbox programs on the mac?
>>
My laptop, I've had it for 4 or 5 years. Toshiba Satellite L745-S4210. Was actually a last minute purchase because I needed a PC "right now" when all my shit failed at once and it was the cheapest in my vacinity. Been my primary PC after that, never even got a new desktop or repaired. Lately its had some problems.

Hard drive makes a weird noise. There is something wrong with the battery connectors or something. I got a replacement battery and neither it nor the original registers at all. Which is fine since its basically my dual monitor desktop setup.

Lately its been overheating, sudden shutoffs at the worst possible time. I took the battery out completely and that seems to keep it a little cooler but it still craps out when it gets too hot.

Dunno where I'm going with this. I'd like to take it apart and try to clean the fans or something, but I don't have any tools for that, just your regular screwdriver, and once you get in deep there are all kinds of tiny screws. Is there a tool set you'd recommend that has all the sizes? What about those laptop cooling pads, do they work at all or is it a meme?

I guess I should just buy a new machine but I have 500GB of stuff on here I really want off, so I need it to at least keep its shit together long enough to back it up, I don't want to chance it.
>>
>>56307744
Key? There is no easy way anymore.

Crack it?
KMSPico/MSToolkit.
>>
>>56307744
if you're the "lul crack win 10" guy from the last thread let me explain it to you

you do NOT want a cracked OS because that means the guy that made it probably built in a virus or rootkit to steal your info or use your in his botnet.

what you want to do is get a legit windows ISO from somewhere (make sure you crossheck the checksum). then you burn the iso on a dvd, or better (easier) use a tool to put it on a bootable USB drive (you cant just move the iso file onto it).
once you have installed windows you use KMSpico or MStoolkit to activate it. make sure you only use activators from MyDigitalLife forums, any other source is likely a virus.
>>
>>56307553
>which brands/models do they have in your price range?
I'm not sure, I've only really looked at Seasonic and Corsair.

I'm not too knowledgeable on power supplies, is there anything else you'd recommend around the 140-180 EUR range, leaning towards the more expensive end ?
I don't want to skimp on my PSU this time around, so I'd prefer something 80+ Platinum at least.
Also need -at least- 10 SATA power connectors for future proofing purposes as I do very much plan on adding more HDDs. I have 6 already and will be needing a 7th SATA power for an expensive AIO in the very near future. Thus, the 12 SATA connectors on the HX750i are quite appealing.
>>
>>56307485
the word CRACK doesnt mean what you think it means
>>
>>56307594
i downloaded the user.js from privacytools.io but my browser is not saving passwords and history, I want to enable those options but i dont find the about:config option to do it, anyone can help me with this? Thanks a lot.
>>
>>56307836
that's a bit overkill for a PSU these days.
any reason why you want platinum so bad?

also you can buy custom cables if you get a modular PSU with more SATA connectors.

give a few minutes ill have a look at some PSUs with many sata power cables
>>
What's a good uni laptop for about 500 euros
>>
>>56307622
Extract certs from windows install
>>
Would I ever be a good programmer if I absolutely fucking hate maths and suck dick at it?
>>
>>56307744
If you getting free Windows why not get one of the good ones?
>>
>>56307893
>>56307836
Thermaltake Toughpower TPD-0750M
FSP Group Hydro G Series HG750
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS 220-GS-0850-V1
>>
>>56307965
How would I do that?
>>
>>56307893
>>56308003
>any reason why you want platinum so bad?
Mostly because I want to get the best/most reliable PSU that fits my budget.
So since Platinum PSUs are within my reach, those would be the best option, right ?
I don't need something ridiculous like 1200W, I'd rather have higher quality components around the 650-750W mark.

That EVGA one almost looks appealing.

>>56307946
Depends on what you're going to do with it, but whatever used Thinkpad that fits your desires and budget really.
Look into X1 Carbon and S-suffix models.
>>
Why do I get 0x0000007b error when I'm trying to install win xp from usb? I had no problems few months ago and I don't have a option to change to ata in the bios.
>>
How can I adjust the sound in Linux Mint / VLC to get the loudest sounds quieter and the quietest louder? Windows has the perfect setting in its sound manager.

Especially for the VLC player, what exactly do I have to change in settings?
>>
trying to connect laptop/desktop over ethernet so i dont have to keep putting things on flash drive

when i click unidentified network and click on either computer from the opposite computer it asks me for a name/password but i dont remember ever setting one up... how would i find what i need to enter here?
>>
I built a desktop for my parents to use for Facebook, email,etc. about 6 years ago. The hard drive is starting to go out and the other components are obviously all getting old. Is it more worthwhile to just build them a new one rather than replace the components one by one as they fail?
>>
>>56308285
is anything other than the hd failing? if not, don't bother. if all they use it for is facebook/email and simple stuff like that they really don't need anything special. just get them an ssd and they'll think you performed magic.
>>
>>56308267
nevermind, figured out how to turn off password protected sharing
>>
>>56308251
i haven't used vlc in a while, but i'm pretty sure they have an option in the audio section called 'normalize', look for that
>>
>>56308202
The 80+ rating has nothing to do with reliability. It only is for efficiency when converting AC from your wall to DC for your hardware.

>>56308251
Stop using VLC.

>>56308285
if they dont complain about it being slow, dont upgrade.
>>
>>56308354
>The 80+ rating has nothing to do with reliability. It only is for efficiency when converting AC from your wall to DC for your hardware.
Surely this comes with higher quality components and better reliability as a side effect though, no ?

What would the most reliable option be, then ?
Mind you, I'm not really looking to save money here. I just want something that will last me for 5+ years through whatever upgrades might come.
>>
>>56308229
cmon guys all other posts after me got a reply
>>
File: Untitled.png (37KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37KB, 1152x648px
Please help with activation.
It was working fine since November.
I put in a hardrive and now this. Nothing works. Hardware change says server unavailable.
>>
>>56308229
>>56308503
Chances are you're on your own because no one except for you are installing XP outside of VMs these days.
I'd guess it's probably missing some driver or something.
>>
So my friend is retarded and uninstalled all the drivers for his USB ports in the process of trying to get his front ports to work
now his mouse and keyboard arent working.

So my question is:
How do you install drivers when you cant interface with anything due to the ports being disabled/not working
>>
>>56308485
>Surely this comes with higher quality components and better reliability as a side effect though, no ?
That's true, but you should check some reviews on sites like jonnyguru.com on the models you were considering and those I posted, they're all good and it probably just comes down to high has more SATA cables, warranty and return policy.

>>56308503
fuck off you ADHD retard.
>>
>>56308528
do you even know what adhd means you fucking mongloid
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 1203x320px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 1203x320px
>>56308514
This is what it has been saying since yesterday if I try the hardware change option.
>>
What could be done to reduce latency worldwide?
>>56308523
You use a PS2 keyboard/Mouse.
>>
I need a lightweight non real time antivirus/antieverything app because Widnows Defender is annoying and there is no right-click option on the explorer to scan folders on the fly.
What do fammi?
>>
File: fu.jpg (63KB, 460x417px) Image search: [Google]
fu.jpg
63KB, 460x417px
>>56308593
if you dont have the patience to wait more than a few minutes before trying to get attention, you have fucking ADHD you lil cunt. fuck off.

and yes i fucking know because i have ADD myself.
>>
Asus Maximus VIII Ranger or Asrock Extreme6?
>>
>>56308664
install linux or stop being a retard
>>
File: Screenshot (352).png (1KB, 271x38px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (352).png
1KB, 271x38px
>>56308664
Windows 10â„¢ with Anniversary Update does not have this problem.
>>
>>56308779
>"Windows 10 free update is not available anymore"

I missed that train fammi... Win 8.1 here.
>>
>>56308718
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?CompareItemList=%2D1%7C13%2D132%2D586%5E13%2D132%2D586%2C13%2D157%2D630%5E13%2D157%2D630

ASUS tend to be more reliable.
>>
>>56308827
>i missed the train
you can always pirate.
>>
>>56308831
Oh how does the Asus compare to the MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon?
>>
File: JESUS.png (15KB, 595x337px) Image search: [Google]
JESUS.png
15KB, 595x337px
>http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
>http://windowsiso.net/
>https://www.pcsteps.com/45-download-windows-7-iso-legally-free-digital-river/

Is torrenting Win 7 the only way for me to factory reset/reinstall the OS?

pic related is me attempting to do it using the Win USB Download Tool
>>
>>56308664
I will bump.
There must be a universally liked antimalware except common sense.
I use that too, that is why I have real time protection off.
>>
>>56308016
Google, you'll probably need access to a computer with the certs and a live USB.
>>
If I download a .pdf with a virus in it, but just immediately deleted it and never opened it, could it still have executed? Or does it specifically need to exploit a vulnerability in the reader?
>>
>newfag
I was wondering is it possible to make a script/bot to spam like someone else's picture?
>>
>>56309095
on instagram
>>
Is there supposed to be CRT like distortions on my TV whenever my PS2 is plugged into it with component cables?
>>
File: 2016-08-28 15.06.00.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-28 15.06.00.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
Posted in the Linux general but seriously, what the fuck is this? I changed a file in wicd and when I restarted, it only shows terminal and keeps going back to the login screen.
>>
redmeme note 3 pro users:
What are the tutorials to follow for getting cyanogenmod on there, including unlocking etc?
All the tutorials confuse me, it was much simpler with the N5
>>
I went to download scrotwm but it's now called spectrwm. I see it's hosted on GitHub so did the SJWs there ask them to change the name or what happened?
>>
>>56309212
graphical programs aren't going to start from a tty.

Are you using mate? You could try
mate-session

I don't use mint.
>>
>>56309067
Should be fine if you did not open/run it. Scan with Windows Defender or a free anti virus for whatever OS you have to be sure.
>>
I'd like to move away from google ( email, android shit, etc). How does one go about this? Especially when I'm already heavily ingrained with google shit.
>>
i downloaded the user.js from privacytools.io but my browser is not saving passwords and history, I want to enable those options but i dont find the about:config option to do it, anyone can help me with this? Thanks a lot.
>>
File: file.png (33KB, 201x104px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
33KB, 201x104px
Reminder that we have an IRC channel.
Ask your questions and we'll probably help you out.

irc.freenode.net:6667 (port 6697 for SSL)
#sqt
>>
My four year old laptop's processor is always running above 50 C. The lowest I have seen it go is 40 C in the past year. When doing processor intensive tasks, it can go up to 80 C.

Will something be damaged eventually?

I can keep it around 40-60 C if it is lifted off the desk (to open up the bottom vents).
>>
>>56309379
Get an ubuntu phone if you can, use duck duck go for search, protonmail for mail (not as good as gmail though).

I don't know whats better for google docs and google voice though. One of the things that's keeping me from switching away from google is that I can forward sms texts to my gmail inbox.

Fucking sucks I hate google.
>>
>>56309167
Picture?
Component connection is analog so it's prone to interference.
>>
>>56309402
Do we have a 1-800 hotline number?
>>
File: file.png (194KB, 465x355px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
194KB, 465x355px
>>56309440
we sure do, 800 8675309
>>
does anyone here have stuff from gamdias?
is it shit?
>>
>>56309379
Start with one service at a time. Do not try to do it all at once. Starting with not using Google Search would be the easiest. While testing out the replacement, keep the Google one for a while until you are sure it is a good replacement.

Search -> DuckDuckGo
Gmail -> ProtonMail
Drive -> MEGA
YouTube -> Vimeo (this one is hard)
Blogger -> WordPress
Android -> Ubuntu Phone

And just drop anything else that is not really worth your time and the loss of your privacy.
>>
>>56308596
Oh snap, now my Microsoft Office is also invalid.
What the fuck!
>>
>>56309440
0-118-999-811-999-119-725... 3
>>
how the hell do these work
>>
If I have two 25Mb/s Internet connections can I get 50Mb/s on torrents?
>>
>>56309570

Magnets
>>
File: 1472411398061.jpg (17KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
1472411398061.jpg
17KB, 300x195px
Posted elsewhere thrice with no luck

How the FUCK do I update my DirectX on my Nvidia card? dxdiag says I'm on DX12 but the Nvidia control pannel says I'm on 11.2 and Dolphin, the main reason I want DX12 in the first place, simply says it's not there

What do I do? GeForce 630M, listed as compatible with DX12 on nvidia's website. And yes, I know
>using a laptop
but it's all I have and will have for at least another year
>>
>>56309570
Magnets
>>
>>56309412
>Will something be damaged eventually?
Probably not, those temperatures are safe for the CPU.
But if you want lower temperatures, you can clean the thing and repaste the CPU/heatsink.
>>
>>56309570
Fuckin' magnets
No but seriously, your power circuits are all connected together, so there's the connection. These things can send low-power signals over the metal.
>>
File: Untitled.png (6KB, 883x157px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6KB, 883x157px
>>56309550
The fun continues!
>>
>>56309570
The same way DSL works, sends a different frequency signal over the same line.
>>
>>56309623
yeah but they're power lines
there'd be a tonne of noise, no data could get through
>>
>>56309585
yes. download the torrent to a remotely mounted directory using two computers connected to both connections. (you need two NICs).

How I would do it:

>Start the torrent on computer A connected to connection A and downloading to ~/Downloads
>Start the ssh daemon on computer A
>Go to computer B connected to connection B
>Mount the computer A with sshfs (sshfs user@host:~/Downloads ~/mntDir)
>Start the torrent on this computer and download it to ~/mntDir (or whatever directory the torrent is in

In theory this should work.

For Windows:

You're screwed
>>
>>56309690
>there'd be a tonne of noise, no data could get through
Obviously that's wrong or they wouldn't be a thing.
>>
>>56309690
>there'd be a tonne of noise

That was a problem with early systems. Modern electronics git gud and solved it.
>>
>>56308884
you'll have to compare them yourself and read reviews on both products. im not gonna spoonfeed you.

>>56308905
no idea what you are doing to get that or what app you're using.
I have no problems making a bootable USB with my win7 ISO using Windows USB DVD Tool.

>>56308972
>bumping
fuck off and KYS you retarded faggot. take a hint as to why no one has given you a real answer, because it's a fucking question that should not be asked
>HURR LIGHTWEIGHT NON REALTIME AV DURR
every fucking AV these days are lightweight, stop being a fucking nigger and just get something that is ACTIVE AND REALTIME

>>56309650
do you have legit copies?

>>56309585
technically yes

>>56309592
same way you update fucking anything, you just fucking install it, you fucking tard. did you even try to google? download it from microsoft. DirectX Redist.

the DXDIAG just shows the max version of directX your fucking graphics card supports, not which version you have, you dumbass fuck.

also it's not a fucking driver for your graphics card, it's a package for windows.

jesus fucking christ
>>
What would be a good major if I wanted to work cybersecurity? (Other than cyber security; most universities don't have a cyber security major)
>>
>>56309690
your power is at one frequency and your internet over powerline sends signals at a different freq.

>>56309710
you derped a bit.

first he needs two fucking landlines, and it's easier to just have two NICs on the one computer and use software to sync connections.

but it's still fucking stupid because two landlines
>>
>>56307946
T420
>>
>>56309785
computer engineering/science and networking
>>
>>56309710
>For Windows:
>You're screwed

Well you could always give something like some of the new Shibby Tomato builds with his MultiWAN feature, its supposed to use multiple WAN connections for either load balancing or failover.
>>
>>56309746
Woah anon you're so smart how didn't I think about this before?!
>>
>>56309746
>do you have legit copies?
Yes, and now even my MS Office (which I bought from Microsoft) won't activate. I guess the Windows could be invalid, but it has had no problems since November.
>>
>>56309815
what the fuck are you on about then?

>>56309827
Call MS.
>>
do microsoft rollup updates for windows 7 install telemetry features?
>>
>>56307594
I need

1. A Vacuum or Steam Cleaner
2. An Air filter

Any recommendations?
>>
>>56309848
yes, theres a bunch of updates that contain telemetry, but you can uninstall those. there are many lists with the specific updates out there if you do a quick google, i even think they're in the /g/ sticky thread wiki link
>>
File: 3254q33526.png (159KB, 510x512px) Image search: [Google]
3254q33526.png
159KB, 510x512px
>>56309838
That's what I want to know god dammit. The web setup says everything is a-o-kay

Nvidia and DXDIAG both show my graphics card is compatible with DX12

Windows update says I'm 100% up-to-date with anything available right now

YET THERE IS NO DX12. This is why I dual booted win10 instead of making it my main OS, this shit is just full of holes. What I think might be happening here is the web setup might be detecting only my onboard card, an intel HD 4000 which is NOT compatible with DX12. However when I disable it for the Nvidia card to take over it still doesn't recognize a lower version of directx installed

The fuck do I do?
>>
>>56307768
an ifixit toolkit prolly has all you need, and cn confirm, the cooling pads are somewhat memeish, but if your laptop is actively cooled and you get a good pad, you should see improvement
>>
>>56309858
Electrolux UltraSilencer 58

K&N air filter.

>>56309891
Your graphics card only has DX11 support as listed on Nvidia's fucking website:
>http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gt-630m/specifications
>>
File: workflow.webm (317KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
workflow.webm
317KB, 1366x768px
How do I get the split window like in this terminal?
>>
>>56309926
Terminator
>>
>>56309919
I just assumed that's what it came bundled with since right over to the left it says it is compatible with directx 12

Time to go back to 7
>>
File: fbs8d7f6.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fbs8d7f6.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Is all of this acceptable for a skylake i5?
I ran this test for an hour last night with no issues. Temperatures and etc were the same.
>>
>>56309965
what? the fucking dxdiag says you have 12 and your card has SOME dx12 support, but it's not native.

learn to fucking read holy shit. why the fuck are you bothering about this shit anyway?
>>
Sup, do I need anything better than an i3-6100 if I just want to play vidya on a single monitor with 1080p? Is there any point to getting and i5?
>>
File: QyFFswO.png (98KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
QyFFswO.png
98KB, 1600x900px
Why can't I hide this element with userChrome.css/Stylish?

I tried all of these independently:
#urlbar > xul:hbox > xul:dropmarker {
display:none !important;
visibility: false !important;
hidden: true !important;
}

With no luck. I don't really know any CSS/XUL, just figuring things out as I go, so maybe there's some obvious solution? Should I be using a different selector?
>>
>>56310040
nevermind, I figured it out by brute force. I needed to use this:

.autocomplete-history-dropmarker.urlbar-history-dropmarker {display:none !important;}

Though I don't really understand why vOv
>>
>>56310026
depends on the game
>>
>>56310026
An i3 will do just fine. The i5 is pretty great though. I over clocked mine to 4.8ghz.
>>
>>56309489
do they make keyboardss and shit? if so, i remember watching a few glowing reviews of their products
>>
>>56309983
run intelburntest and prime95

>>56310026
i3 is fine for today, but more and more games are using more cores these days and there will just be more once they start fully using dx12. an i5 will last much longer and give more stable frames.
>>
>>56310112
whenabouts will I have to upgrade for more cores if I do get an i3?
>>
>>56310112
Which version of Prime?
>>
>>56310142
hard to say, but the cheapest i5 isnt much more expensive than an i5.
i'd only get an i3 if i just did home office stuff, browsing the web and watching movies.
>>
>>56309926
tmux or screen.
>>
>>56310145
same as you OS
>>
Is there any way how I can turn the ebook I bought online to be converted to a pdf for offline use?
>>
>>56310159
>but the cheapest i5 isnt much more expensive than an i3
fixed
>>
>>56310177
Ok.. so, will 27.9 work?
>>
>>56310207
bro, just get the latest stable version. why are you even asking this? i thought you mean 32 or 64 bit.
>>
>>56310229
I only asked because I recall LinusDickLips saying that one of the latest versions was considered to be a power virus.
I'm probably just going to do the burn test though. I'm never going to do perfect math with this machine.
>>
>>56309983
a 6600k holding at 4.8 is pretty fuckin noice
everything seems fine too, bit high on the voltage tho
>>
>>56310186
try looking into Calibre, it's a free ebook manager. I believe it can export into pdf (among many other things).
>>
>>56310326
I'll give it a look, thanks.
>>
>>56307594
anyone know of a program that will monitor a particular board and time postings to guarantee dubs or trips?
>>
File: wtf.png (13KB, 541x465px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
13KB, 541x465px
Why is 1/3 of my Ram reserved? Shit starts crashing at only ~10gb of usage and it's pissing me of I can barely play anything anymore
>>
File: dfbs89d7f6b.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dfbs89d7f6b.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>56310229
So, theres the burn test. It was mostly at 1.39v under load.
I'm thinking this MSI m5 mobo isn't giving me the best voltages.
>>
can somebody post the screenshot of the guy admiting he was paid to shill products on /g/ ? and he apologized for that
>>
Are American plug sockets earthed? I'm on holiday there and the shit sparks when I plug/unplug
>>
File: blown-power-supply-caps-3.jpg (106KB, 875x605px) Image search: [Google]
blown-power-supply-caps-3.jpg
106KB, 875x605px
>>56307594
Two hours ago I pushed a bobby pin into a wall socket... have I left enough time for the god of electrons to calm his magic anger?

Will it be ok to touch it with my genitals now?

Will the magic work properly like that web page on the interwebs said?
>>
>>56310288
Yeah, I think it's the motherboard. I have an MSI gaymen M5.
In a lot of videos the M7 and M9 can achieve the same clocks with lower voltages.
>>
>>56310444
but only 62.7 MB of your RAM is reserved
>>
File: 1472242444046.jpg (45KB, 512x429px) Image search: [Google]
1472242444046.jpg
45KB, 512x429px
>>56310469
That will teach you to come from a civilized nation to the 3rd world where Earth Pins on plugs don't exist....
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvFX-G3PJwY

how are people making such high quality overwatch animations? for example gmod animations look like complete ass by comparison. how much work goes into these animations?
>>
>>56310469
Grounding doesn't prevent that
>>
Is buying a $30 windows 10 oem key from play asia a "good idea"?
>>
>>56307594
I'm having a weird experience /g/.

Since people have said that Cortana can't be easily disabled after the anniversary update to W10, I decided to Google how to do it. In the first page I found, some symptoms of having Cortana enabled were listed, I noticed that I was suffering none of those. It then pointed me to some place in the registry, so obviously I went and opened my registry, and when I was just about to navigate to the right place (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search) I found that I was already somewhere very similar (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search) and that the place that I was supposed to navigate to was actually no where to be found.

Does this indicate that I've disabled Cortana already and simply don't remember doing it? Or is she still alive?

Also, a question from a friend of mine who hasn't touched W10 in like 8 months (he's wisely dropped it for Linux). "Why can't you just delete the [Cortana] program outright? Just write some zeros into the executable, or if Windows 10 keeps on repairing it with every update, can't you just make a batch file and put it in startup to delete it (or you can even setup a service to run as admin)?".

Can anyone answer that?
>>
>>56310279
>>56310458
prime95 is not about "perfect math". it's about confirming your OC being stable if it can calculate shit without errors. if it cant do 4 hours of prime95 it will probably throw an error while you are playing games or doing other shit aswell and CTD or even maybe BSOD.

if you can find out which version linus was talking about by all means get that.

>>56310514
they spend more time

>>56310546
no
>>
Does /g/ have any particular recommendations for cleaning laptop fans? Or is the mainstream "just use compressed air" advice accepted here?
>>
>>56309838
>Call MS.

Just got off the phone. After doing a remote connection session with the activation problems.
They told me that both keys for Windows 10 and Office 2016 are invalid. Fuck!
>>
>>56310581
did they say why they were not valid any more, and where did you get the keys?
>>
File: sh97s9h87.jpg (65KB, 1130x369px) Image search: [Google]
sh97s9h87.jpg
65KB, 1130x369px
>>56310288
Speaking of voltages. Where should I set these?
>>
>>56310577
compressed air while you hold it still so it doesnt spin and fuck the bearings.
brush (dish or paint) to get off anything that is stuck after spraying air.
>>
>>56310619
In the BIOS.
>>
If I have a external HD for my old Ma and I want to move the contents to my PC. What would be the fastest way to accomplish this?
>>
Anyone know any good beginner certs I can do with this semester? Just ETS'd out of the Army and I'm too late too apply for any of my preferred schools.

I was considering Network+ and Java.
>>
I need an adult.

For some reason windows recognizes my monitor as a canon mg3500 series printer and it has made it impossible to chance the ICC.

I can't change it and I really don't know what the fuck is going on. I own an Asus VG248QE.

Please send help.
>>
>>56310671
plug it in, drag and drop the files

>>56310690
install drivers
>>
>>56310564
I'll give it a shot when I have the tuning plan from Intel and feel like fucking my shit up.
Prime95s workload is way larger than anything my system will ever see.
I fucked around in GTA V for almost 2 hours with no problems. The burntest went fine and it did an hour of encoding. I think it's stable enough for now.
>>
>>56310022
alright, booted back to 7

honestly I just wanted dx12 to play GC / Wii games with less FPS drops. I installed windows 10 because other family members use this PC and I figured they'd enjoy it more because

>why didn't you install win 10 on the pc yet anon???

So now that I know dx12 ain't happening and that windows 10 is barely any better than 7 for the stuff we do in it I'll just stay with 7. I never intended to make the jump anyway, but now even that silver lining is gone
>>
>>56310641
Wow. Thanks, famberlamps.
>>
>>56310601
>did they say why they were not valid any more, and where did you get the keys?

They weren't specific. They worked since Nov of last year. Bought them here: reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/
>>
i need a new monitor, and I was looking at the Asus PG348Q. I got a 1080 so I could use it just fine, but am I making a mistake going for a curved 34" monitor?
>>
>>56310747
Did you even try the DX12 game?

>>56310760
You're welcome.
>>
>>56310671
>>56310704
Wouldn't it be formatted for his old Mac? My thinking would be he would have to use a cloud service and upload the contents from there
>>
>>56308514
>>56308596
Microsoft Toolkit, use it.
>>
File: loss_thumb.w190.h190.2x.jpg (19KB, 191x191px) Image search: [Google]
loss_thumb.w190.h190.2x.jpg
19KB, 191x191px
>>56310791
Yeah. just says "failed to initialize Direct3D render. Yadda yadda make sure your card can use DX12"

It's no big loss honestly
>>
>>56310788
Call them back and tell them to validate it because you bought a legit copy second hand.
Did you get any reciept or the physical box or the piece with the code on mailed to you? If yes you can use that as proof it's your valid copy.

>>56310789
>but am I making a mistake going for a curved 34" monitor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ0a0eAPT7s

>>56310795
it's an external drive it should have a compatible filesystem
>>
Is it possible to track down a stolen govarnment CPU's (4790's, 4770's)? I think someone at work is stealing them but I don't want to cause a fuss if they'll get caught anyways
>>
>>56309592
>Nvidia
>DX12
11.2 is correct. Your card does not support the full feature set, you need AMD 7000/r9 200 series and up for actual DX12. Nvidia has jack shit for DX12.

>>56310791
>Did you even try the DX12 game?
He was trying to run DX12 backend on Dolphin emulator because of the insane performance gains.
>>
>>56310882
If the CPUs were swapped with weaker but compatible CPUs, you're SOL.
>>
>>56310671
Format external HDD as exFAT, exFAT is multiplat Mac/Win/Linux.
>>
>>56310882
not the way you are thinking about. install security cameras.

you need physical access to the CPU to check the ID.
>>
>>56310809
>Microsoft Toolkit, use it.
I'll try this, before I buy another license. Just found the torrent. Thanks.
>>
>>56310969
He has files on it he wants to keep you fucking retard.
>>
>>56310882
If they keep track of the serial numbers of CPUs, and the serial number hasn't been removed, and you have physical access to the CPU to check the serial number, yes.
Otherwise no
>>
>>56310921
>someone posted an actual short and precise answer without any shitslinging

thanks anon. I'm not a smart man
>>
>>56310998
>torrenting the toolkit
i hope you got it from MDL
>>
File: Untitled.png (276KB, 1099x562px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
276KB, 1099x562px
>>56311030
Yes, processing...
>>
>>56310972
>>56310951
>>56311007

The computers were due for destruction anyways so I really don't care all that much I was just mostly curious. I assume the same applies to RAM as well? You need physical access to the unit to check the serial number?
>>
File: SURROUNDED BY MICROSOFT.webm (3MB, 1080x606px) Image search: [Google]
SURROUNDED BY MICROSOFT.webm
3MB, 1080x606px
>>56310998
Please do not encourage future stupidity by buying consumer grade Microsoft products. Enterprise is okay, but consumer? Fuck that, fuck M$.

Pirate since win95.

>>56311024
Would you say you're a simple man?
>>
File: Untitled.png (14KB, 758x332px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14KB, 758x332px
>>56311079
And done, thank you!
I don't mind paying for stuff, but there was no reason for Microsoft to invalid my stuff almost a year later.
>>
>>56311090
Correct
>>
>>56311090
>The computers were due for destruction anyways
He did a good thing then, destroying them is a waste of CPUs.
>>
Any recommendation for bookshelf speakers, I have 150 for a pair already got a SMSL Q5
>>
>>56311164
Which torrent did you use?
>>
File: uuuuuu.jpg (36KB, 374x370px) Image search: [Google]
uuuuuu.jpg
36KB, 374x370px
>>56311090
>destroying perfectly fine computers

>>56311198
this
>>
>>56311274
>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D9C408477736C0CB282AD66ECAA1A6894ACA9F64
>this message will self destruct in 10...9

4chanX keeps messages until i refresh and the multiple archives also saves it
>>
File: 2016-08-28 15_17_41-Caption.png (6KB, 314x248px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-28 15_17_41-Caption.png
6KB, 314x248px
I'm having MS Word problems.

>inb4 laughs

When I insert images and I want to insert a caption beneath it, the stupid fucking caption box won't let me clear it completely. It takes it upon itself to add the numbers by itself and not allowing me to delete it so I can put my own numbers in it. Screenshot for reference.

Is this a design flaw or is there a simple fix?
>>
I have windows 8.1 and I'm looking for an upgrade to windows 10.

Can I torrent it, evaluate it and then buy a key and apply on the very same installation?
>>
File: 1290354508046.jpg (29KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1290354508046.jpg
29KB, 180x200px
Every time I download anything from Chrome or Firefox (like an image on 4chan) the browser freezes up for a few seconds. If I try to click something while it is frozen I just get a system "ding" until the seconds have passed, then it all returns to normal.

Windows doesn't freeze, everything except the browser is functioning normally during the freeze. All browser are up to date.

I've tried pulling out all my external harddrives and USB sticks in case they needed to the queried during every download or such but no dice. I'm in the middle of googling shit up but so far it's complete system freezing and nothing exactly like my problem.

Suggestions?
>>
>>56311353
If you install with a legit ISO, yes.

>>56311359
Virus scan or you dont have enough drive space free.
>>
>>56311353
>torrenting the iso when you can fucking download the official iso from microshaft for free

>>56311337
exclude label from caption does what

>>56311359
install gentoo
>>
>>56311434
It gets rid of the word behind the number, but not the number itself. It's like the number is hard coded or some bullshit.
>>
>>56311434
So I can just download it from there and evaluate it? I want to see if I get the hang of it and if I gain something in the apps I use.
>>
>>56310671
You could set up a network connection between the mac and PC and move the files from there. It is kinda slow, but it is better than reformatting the disk
>>
File: 2016-08-28 21.27.44.png (235KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-28 21.27.44.png
235KB, 1440x2560px
I'm using WatchDogs on Android for the first time. Why don't other apps show up? Like Snapchat or Chrome.
>>
>>56311456
you would be stupid not to activate it after going through all that trouble, use microsoft toolkit
>>
im studying cs. idk what ill be in the future but lets assume i become a programmer/developer. which country/city(english speaking) would pay the most?
>>
>>56311387
>Virus scan or you dont have enough drive space free.

40 gigs available, I don't suspect a virus but will scan regardless.

>>56311434
>install gentoo
Didn't solve it, same problem.
>>
Going to buy Moto X Force tomorrow, good decision? Or should i buy another phone
>>
>>56311536
I'd wait a little for a Daydream ready phone... maybe the next Nexus. They're super hackable, always the first to be updated and stuff.

If it's urgent, I'd go for a Nexus 6 or 6P if possible.

Disclaimer: I own a Nexys 6.
>>
I tried arch in a vm and i like it should i switch to arch?
>>
>>56311519
if you have more than one drive, which one is your OS on and which one is your browser set to DL to? how much space left on each?
try running browser in failsafe mode and make a new user profile.
run CCleaner and clean old data, cache, temp files etc and fix registry.
>>
File: 1470313616093.jpg (65KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1470313616093.jpg
65KB, 601x601px
Why does my browser or game drop below 1 FPS if I don't move the mouse for a while?
It goes back to normal when I move the mouse.
>>
I'm looking for a small library of word and words relations, with it each words the most X used directly afterward. Words would be picked from the rest of the library only obviously.

But I have no idea of what to even google
>>
>>56311625
is specs the problem?
>>
>>56311613
>CCleaner
cancer
>>
>>56311321
You can post it all you want. I just don't want banned.

Any clues here with office activation. MS invalidated my key.
>>
I am currently dual booting Windows and Linux, each are on separate hard drives. However, the only time I ever log into Windows is to play games.

Is it possible to

>clone entire Windows drive to USB or DVD
>format former Windows drive to ext4
>install cloned Windows to a virtual machine to operate as it did before on the same drive

Where should I start reading?
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 465x391px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 465x391px
>>56311656
forgot pic
>>
>>56311491
probably san francisco but the costs of living are extremely high
>>
File: Untitled.png (18KB, 590x343px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18KB, 590x343px
>>56311643
I don't think so.
>>
>Starting uni in ~2 weeks (computer engineering)
>Have Compaq 610
http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-compaq-610-core-2-duo-t5870-2-ghz-15-6-tft/specs/
>Have dual boot w7 that came with laptop and Xubuntu
I prefer not using Windows unless totally needed, do you think I should hop from Xubuntu to Debian (only WM) / Lubuntu / Whatever that's minimal but usable? If so, what should I pick?
>>
File: SS_2016-08-28_11.png (23KB, 527x438px) Image search: [Google]
SS_2016-08-28_11.png
23KB, 527x438px
>>56311656
>Any clues here with office activation. MS invalidated my key.
MST, first button.
>>
>>56311600
I did not even know about daydream and just looked it up, is it worth to have it? In the video it said the moto z / moto z force are compatoble, should i get one of those? I really like motorola products
>>
>>56311491
The bay area.

But as >>56311684 said, cost of living + taxes might even your salary out to what it may be in a cheaper state.

It's possible though to get a high paying position at a company that allows you to work remotely. I've had friends get hired at big tech companies, move to Nevada, and fly in for the occasional meeting since it's cheaper. But don't hold your breath to be as lucky.
>>
>>56311680
Look for KMS Server in the Tool drop down menu, that might work.
>>
>>56311676
Of course you can clone it to a USB drive, only question is do you have a drive large enough?

If you do a disk image via Clonezilla, Ghost or similar, it'll compress the image for you and it should average about a minimum of 20+ gigs depending on how much other data you have on there. If you want to do an entire raw disk image you can do that with dd, but I doubt you want to do that.

You're only problem with this is that when you image the virtual machine with the captured image, drivers will be incompatible and may or may not cause the OS to crash so you may want to look into stripping the drivers before capture.
>>
>>56311700
i'd do Debian minimal with openbox, and swap the repository for unstable, but jmho senpai.
>>
>>56311691
what game, and it obviously has something to do when your mouse settings/driver
>>
>>56311757
Firefox, Dark Souls III
>>
>>56311769
Does it only do that with that game only?
Does FF also do it with just FF alone?
Because FF is a resource hog when loading/refreshing websites, and Dork Souls 3 is an unoptimized piece of shit game.
>>
File: Untitled.png (549KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
549KB, 1920x1080px
So i just riced up my Win10. How do i get my Opea window to look like the rest of my folders and what not?
>>
>>56310469
>Are American plug sockets earthed?
No, but they are grounded.
(Yes.)
>>
>>56311799
And as you can see by looking at my bookmark folders, some text isn't showing up. Anyone know why?
>>
>>56311736
Much appreciated tips, m8.
>>
>>56311635

Might want to look into song writing websites/software
>>
>>56311799
>>56311834
Can you or can you not theme Opera? Where's the config file at?
>>
>>56311684
>>56311721
im from europe actually would it be worth it in the future to move to the us or should i move to some english speaking europe country(netherlands sweden norway maybe?)
Do you know how much the average us salary - taxes is? so i can compare it to europe since the salary here is already without them i think. what about canada or asia?
>>
>>56311797
Just tried chrome and the problem persists.
About 2 minutes into watching a video and I get one frame per 3 seconds.
>>
>>56311860
Can you tell me why you only have a single stick of single channel ram?
>>
I'm running WindowMaker Live because I want a NeXT-like workspace and I'm too new to GNU/Linux to build one from scratch. How come when I save a file to my desktop, it doesn't actually appear on the desktop? It's in the 'Desktop' folder in my file manager, but I can't actually see it on the desktop itself, I don't get it. Is it supposed to be like that?
>>
>>56311853
you would probably get a relatively shit salary in sweden, like 50000-60000 SEK per month at most for a programming/software dev job, and then you get taxed and have a high cost of living
>>
>>56311852
You can theme opera, my autism kicked in and i forgot browser themes were a thing.
>>
>>56311893
I fell for the 8 GB ram meme I guess.
>>
>>56311899
thanks took that off the list idk shit just bored and thinking about the future
>>
>>56311896
ask in friendly linux thread, this is the stupid central thread
>>
>>56311910
Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was so stupid as to fall into this, will do.
>>
>>56311905
get the same model stick and enjoy dual channel 16GB of RAM
and check for viruses/malware, if the problem persists it may be your CPU throttling
>>
IS UBLOCKO KILL?

it's letting go through a lot of ads with today's update

what gives?
>>
>>56311943
check your lists
>>
Why is Windows still a fragile O.S? Literally third clean install this year and still hit by remote attacks.

>Malwarebytes and defender detected nothing.

Literally just browse three different https sites and scanned all files downloaded.
>>
>>56311613
I think CCleaner actually fixed it. Maybe a regular "clear browsing data" would have done it too but now I won't know until next time.

Thanks anyway.
>>
>>56311852
Do you know anything about the text on my bookmarks though?
>>
>>56311974
>Literally third clean install this year and still hit by remote attacks.
How did you detect those remote attacks?
>>
I love my model m but my desk is tiny and there's no fucking room to actually write or do anything on it

If getting another desk isn't an option, how do I reconcile this? Preferably without a new keyboard
>>
Just finished building my first computer. I bought 16GB DDR4 3000MHz ram. I'm noticing that speccy is showing that my ram is performing at 1500MHz.

I had manually changed the frequency to 3000 in the bios. I'm curios, because my ram is operating in dual channel does that mean it is doing 1500+1500 or should they both be operating at 3000?

Also, I do not have XMP enabled, still learning about what it is.
>>
File: Untitled.pngss.png (6KB, 520x162px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.pngss.png
6KB, 520x162px
>>56311979
It's doing it on dialog boxes too
>>
File: 2.jpg (34KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
34KB, 770x433px
I'm seriously considering picking up an alienware alpha for couch multiplayer with friends. You can buy the i3 model from dell directly for like $300. Is this going to be a good deal or am I better of building my own mini-itx or micro-atx? It will be primarily used for emulators and local multiplayer games like spelunky. Probably the most graphical intensive game I plan to run will be dragon's dogma.
>>
>>56311853
I'm really only familiar with California, and the average salary here is anywhere from 80 to 120k+ for software engineers. In America, I'd say here in the bay area, Austin, TX, and maybe Seattle, WA are good choices considering your skillset, but as I said, I don't know how it would compare to Europe. Look at indeed.com for an idea of salaries relating to whatever profession in each state for Murrica.

All I know about Europe is that Oracle, I believe, has started hiring Europoors for their offices in Czech Republic, and despite how people may feel about Oracle, they're a good company to work for and it's possible to relocate.
>>
>>56312059
>You can buy the i3 model from dell directly for like $300.
Not bad, for ayy lmao.
>>
>>56312061
thanks senpai
>>
>>56312059
>>56312079
I should clarify that it's a refurb, but i'm adding ram and swapping out the HDD for an SDD i've got lying around.
>>
>>56311741
Okay, I kinda was expecting that recommendation.
I would also need non-free drivers for the wireless card, but that wouldn't be a problem, would it?
Does Debian minimal have graphical install? I would have installed this or Arch but having to install it by hand is something I wanna avoid because I don't want to fuck everything up (I would do it if I had to tho)
>>
>>56312102
Worth it if you're only emulating.
>>
>>56312051
Look up what DDR means
>>
>>56310494
If thats the case then why do i get pop ups saying I've ran out of ram at ~10gb usage?
>>
>>56312050
Keyboard on lap, I suppose.
>>
>>56312127
http://linuxforcynics.com/how-to/minimal-debian-install

this guide will get you through, it's pretty straight forward. if you want unstable later, then it's just a matter of changing the repos in your sources https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/upgrading-debian-to-unstable

but really, there is nothing wrong with Xubuntu either, and as a noobie the only differences you're likely to see are going to be between using XFCE and Openbox, but probably not the distro itself.
>>
>>56312236
forgot to add, since that tutorial doesn't cover it, when you install Debian minimal it'll ask if you want to do an install graphically or not. even if you choose to not do it with a GUI, it has an ncurses interface to follow that is just as easy.
>>
>>56312236
>>56312272
Oh, pretty easy, I see. Thanks very much anon!
>>
>>56311706
>MST, first button.
Explain what you mean.
This gives me
>cannot activate because this product is incapable of kms activation
>>
File: virtual memory.jpg (325KB, 1577x935px) Image search: [Google]
virtual memory.jpg
325KB, 1577x935px
>>56312144
If it's anything like I have, I "solved" it by adding more virtual ram. Pic related.

I bet it's just bottlenecking my shit by writing to the SSD but I ain't got a good answer from googling around for hours. The warnings stopped at least and it doesn't force close my games and browsers.
>>
>>56307744
Windows education
>>
i was facebook friends with some random girl who added me like a year ago. now she's not in my friends list and i have received another friend request from her. i'm assuming she removed me and then re-added me? is this some way to fish for attention or what is it?

also she's my age and lives nearby so am i expected to message her (i'm not interested in befriending/meeting her but just wondering) or does she probably just want to add random people?
>>
Is 8GB RAM still fine these days or should I fall for the 16GiB RAM meme?

When will I start needing more than 8GB RAM? 2 - Years?
>>
File: 1340950009479.jpg (110KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1340950009479.jpg
110KB, 750x1000px
Here's my conundrum:

My GTX 770 has a 'pixel clock limit' of 540MHz, apparently.

I currently have a 2560x1440p@96Hz (386.7MHz) monitor on one of the dual-link DVI ports (works on the DVI-I or DVI-D, doesn't matter, even at that refresh rate).

Would I be able to have two 2560x1440@96Hz monitors on this card? One in the dual-link DVI-D, one in the dual-link DVI-I? I don't know if they 'share' a pixel clock, or whatever, or if they can both run at 387MHz each, without breaching the 540MHz limit of the GTX 770.
>>
>>56312481
Repeat after me
IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO
>>
>>56312481
16 GB is the bare minimum for a new computer in the current year. you'll thank me later
>>
>>56312357
thanks mate I'll give this a whirl
>>
What the fuck is the difference between computer science, computer engineering and software engineering. And what will have me prepared for the real world?
>>
Can somebody eli5 how password strength enhances encryption security?

As I understand it now...generating a strong password doesn't make the actual encryption algorithm stronger, and if a brute force were to be deployed to an encrypted container in an attempt to crack the actual encryption key itself, it would take longer than the universes' projected lifespan.

However the password to retrieve(?) or generate(?) the encryption key to unlock the encrypted container can be bruteforced instead and is much easier to attempt than attacking the container itself...do I have this right?

I just want to clarify for certain how this whole process works.
>>
>>56312799
The password is generally the weakest point in the encryption.
>>
Anyone else have trouble with fireshot since their last update? It keeps making duplicate screenshots all the time now which are fucked up for some reason too

What's a good alternative screenshot addon for firefox
>>
>>56312860
Right, but how does it align itself to the encryption/decryption process? Is it a pre-step before the actual unlocking happens?
>>
How do I turn off nvidia gpu power saving?
>>
What does /g/ think about this thing?
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xlc-predator-360-incl-qdc
>>
I set my connection to metered in Windows 10 but its still downloading updates. Here's the thing, it actually IS a metered connection and I get charges for overages.How the fuck do I disable it downloading updates?
>>
>>56307594
Is there anything like unified remote but for the laptop?
>>
>>56309570
Magnets
>>
>>56313097
stop fucking using windows 10, it has too many fucking problems
or you can turn off windows updates service in msconfig and get no updates whatsoever, just firewall up
>>
>>56307594
when using POSIX character classes in a regular expression, if I want to OR them together (think choose between one the other or both) is this the proper syntax? What the correct terminology for the expression below?

[[:class:][:class]]
>>
>>56312339
Did you try KMS server activation in the tools drop down list?
>>
Why does Minecraft take forever to load on one network,but be fast on another one
>>
>>56313150
Because on a server you have to download the world around you
>>
>>56312724
>Computer Science
Computational bullshit that will almost never come in handy aside from Big O bullocks but you don't need a CS degree for that. Go to a tech school instead

>Computer Engineering
How a computer actually works, how processors function, how all the fucking parts works. Minor coding aspect would recommend Electrical Engineering instead

>Software Engineering
Complete fucking bullshit of a uni course. Basically how to be a developer here pay us 50-150k fucking dollars.

Absolutely useless go to a trade school and save yourself a shit load of money. Hell trade schools even help you get a certification
>>
I have a 120gb SSD and it's almost full, spent months figuring out where the space was going, I see from a CCleaner scan that this hiberfil.sys file is 26+GB, how can I fix this?
>>
>>56313172
Thank you,would the amount of active devices affect it
>>
>>56313192
If the other devices are eating network bandwith, yes.
>>
>>56313199 thanks,how can I che k that
>>
>>56313227
If your router tracks network usage you could check that way, otherwise you'd have to check each device individually.
>>
>>56313189
move hibernation temp file to HDD
while you're at it move temp files and memory swap files to HDD
>>
>>56313267
I think memory files are on my HDD, but can you give me a link on how to move hiberfil.sys?
>>
I'd like some confirmation that I understand these two processes:

First, I'm thinking about installing a couple more memory sticks. They'll be exactly the same as the previous two (for a total of 32gb), and I am positive I have the voltage/other requirements to successfully support the addition of two more sticks. So I can just insert them onto the motherboard without any other preparation, right? Install them, boot PC, enjoy new RAM?

Second, I want to put an old HDD into my current PC. AFAIK I have to uninstall the HDD's OS before hooking it up to the motherboard, then what? Configure something in the BIOS? I have two hard drives in my current PC already, and boots fine.
>>
File: 1469025216954.jpg (127KB, 659x697px) Image search: [Google]
1469025216954.jpg
127KB, 659x697px
>>56311935
Turned off all power saving options in BIOS, done a full malwarebytes scan found nothing.
The problem is still here.
It seems strange that I'm the only one with this problem among all the people with single channel 8GB rams.
>>
>>56313299
Yes, RAM is just plug and play

Adding an HDD should be about the same but you will probably need to format it
>>
>>56307594
Is taking full permissions and ownership of your C drive a vulnerability/bad idea? what's the safest permissions configuration to have to keep safe but not have to be a pain in the ass to run or install stuff?
>>
File: 1315623073976.jpg (349KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1315623073976.jpg
349KB, 1536x1152px
Is there any way to permanantly save a restore point in Windows 7?
>>
>>56313447
>FREAKING SUPERCOMPUTER
>>
dear /g

I want to use my laptop as second screen to my main pc,
e.g. extend the desktop to it, drag windows and shit on it.

is there any free (windows) software I could use?
>>
Can I fuck up my bios battery by taking it out then putting it back on?
>>
Need a Dazloader download link, not sure if dazloader.xyz is legit
>>
I recently did a clean win7 install with an iso from the digital river mirror. I checked the checksums to make sure they were legit. After installing with no problems, and using Daz loader (from mdl forums), Windows update is not working - gets stuck on checking for updates, the standalone installer for single updates also get stuck. I tried another image of a different build and still get the same issue. I've tried everything, windows troubleshooter, file checker tool, readiness tool, nothing works.

I'm getting frustrated here, to the point that I'm thinking of using a preactivated iso. I'm trying to set up a clean install for gf, if it was for myself, I'd probably go some debian distro. Any suggestions?
>>
>>56313638

Nope. It's called the CMOS battery, and all that removing it will do it completely reset everything in the BIOS, but the battery will be unharmed.
>>
>>56313675
fuck i kinda want a .xyz domain now

>As of June 2016, .xyz was the fourth most registered global top-level domain (gTLD) name on the Internet, after .com, .net, and .org.[7]
holy shit
>>
>>56313706
It's also associated with a shit-ton of malware+spam+scam websites. .XYZ has a really bad "reputation".
>>
>>56313685
>Any suggestions?
Give her Windows 8.1 with Classic Shell instead.
Windows Update just straight up sucks dick on Windows 7. It's been periodically broken like that for years.
>>
>>56313742
>Classic Shell
anon...
>>
>>56313732
oh fuck well thanks for letting me know now i don't feel so bad about not having it
>>
>>56313744
You can install third party software for so many other things no problem, may as well install one to replace the start screen too.
>>
What's a really good powered USB hub I can get to sit on my desk?
>>
>>56313675
if the md5 hash checks out you should be fine
>>
>>56313675
>Need a Dazloader download link, not sure if dazloader.xyz is legit
go to the my digital life forums. That's where the legit one is posted.
>>
>>56313706
Get a .moe domain
>>
>>56313767
The one that's built into your monitor.
>>
>>56313779
You can't see the link without registering now, fuck that
>>
File: 912399192939.png (146KB, 654x458px) Image search: [Google]
912399192939.png
146KB, 654x458px
>>56307594
JS HELP
Is is possible to write functions like plugins? so something like:

var myObj = document.querySelector...

myObj.myFunction(some, argument);

>>
File: 1468216998407.jpg (267KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468216998407.jpg
267KB, 1280x720px
>>56313775
>>>56313675
>if the md5 hash checks out you should be fine
>implying md5 cannot be faked
>implying they won't provide checksums for their malware
>>
>>56313803

myobj.myfunction = function(args) {...}
>>
>>56313818
check the sha-1 too then, good luck faking both
>>
>>56313836
But what if i want to pass the object as the first argument? say like .addEventListener.

oneFunction();

any.oneFunction();
element.oneFunction();
>>
>>56313799
Then register?
>>
I'm a neet and I forgot I signed up for community college (guessing my parents paid for the bill) and I have a class for information tech tomorrow. How fucked am I?
>>
>>56313893
talk to your parents and/or the school about it, maybe there was a mistake
>>
File: 1463392318101.jpg (65KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1463392318101.jpg
65KB, 400x386px
>>56313447
>street legal
always gets me
>>
I can't click the uBlock button in my tabs bar, or rather it doesn't do anything when I do (background of the button changes colour, but nothing pops up).

I thought it must be my userchrome, but disabling that didn't fix it....

Any ideas?
>>
Is taking full permissions and ownership of your C drive a vulnerability/bad idea? what's the safest permissions configuration to have to keep safe but not have to be a pain in the ass to run or install stuff?
>>
For 1080p/60hz in upcoming games like Gears 4, Titanfall 2 , will a 1060 be enough? or should I save more and buy a 1070?
>>
>>56314150
nevermind, if I disable the stylish file and reload it fixes it - so it is my userchrome. here's a pastebin of it if anyone notices something obvious?

http://pastebin.com/XtDiDU4x
>>
What should I buy first

Pair of Fluance SX6 and a SMSL Q5

or

Fidelio X2, Fiio e10K, and a v-moda boom pro mic
>>
>>56314173
The 6GB version will be fine
The 3GB version is gimped in more than the vram, its practically a 1050
>>
>>56314200
solved it myself, needed to set #nav-bar {background: transparent !important;}

for whatever reason it has to exist onscreen for the addon buttons to function, even if they're not attached to it.
>>
Is there an alternative to paypal?
>bitcoin
I dont plan on buying drugs ever, it isnt accepted internationally, and i dont want to have to handle 0.0234234823749823749828734 of a bitcoin that will never be used due to its amount
>>
>>56315195
for what purpose?

there is moneygram, western union but they're a bit expensive like a bank transfer, only useful for big purchases
>>
>>56313137
Yeah, same thing.
>>
>>56313358
That's what I was afraid of, it has things on it I wanted to keep. Thank you very much for answering my questions anon-kun.
>>
File: 1461839353358782511.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1461839353358782511.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
Do I need the Chinese developer rom in order to unlock bootloader for the RN3P? Currently Mi Unlock is saying that it can't verify device.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.