[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 34

File: dwight.jpg (80KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dwight.jpg
80KB, 1024x768px
/sqt/
>>
How would i daisy chain unbound,squid and dnscrypt. I have dns and unbuond working, but im assuming im getting the order wrong with squid
>>
stop trying to make that shitty 3dpd the mascot of this general
>>
>>56201561
The fuck are you on about? Dwight's been the /sqt/ mascot for years.
>>
So I installed windows 7 from a torrent recommended to me on here.
What are the chances that I'm being spied on.
I want to switch to mint/ubuntu, but linux is fucking shit when it comes to watching anime. Where the fuck is my MPC-HC + MadVR? I just want to watch my anime and listen to music in peace, but that's not possible on Windows or Linux
>>
>>56201510
shit thread is shit
stop spamming this faggotry
every faggot and his mother still makes a million new posts for their retarded questions anyway
>>
>>56201605
It'd be a lot worse if we didn't have the /sqt/. If you get so assblasted by seeing these threads then you're free to hide them, dumbass.
>>
>>56201591
>What are the chances that I'm being spied on.
100%

>Linux is fucking shit when it comes to watching anime.
Works fine for me, but I watch JoJo, so maybe it just doesn't work with shit anime like what you watch.
>>
>>56201636
You have MPC-HC with Madvr?
>>
Which is better: internal Wireless-G or USB Wireless-N (assuming the AP is N)?

In Linux, what can I do to increase laptop battery life?

Has anybody here ever got an OMCreate aftermarket battery? They seem to be pretty legit, so I ordered one. The 1 year warranty is cool.

How bad would it be if a swap disk hard drive were to start failing?
>>
>>56201618
it's exactly the same newfag.
just that there's now this stupid fucking thread i have to hide on top of it.

at least before the shillfags didn't spam their advertisements nearly as often because stupid questions would kill them off quicker.

now it's just fanboys retarded shitposters and linux babies spamming nonstop.

tl;dr these general threads just stagnate the board allowing shillfags to spam
>>
>>56201765
Sure thing kid.
>>
What do people usually use to check their cpu/gpu temps?
>>
>>56201743
N

get better battery

replace drive

*note the select storefront captcha had an ACER store pictured"
>>
>>56201817
I don't use the failing drive anymore, but a random crash happened and I didn't know what the problem was. I assumed it was that, and it hasn't happened yet.

Also, I saw a 15-cell battery for my laptop on ebay or somewhere like that a while ago. How stupid is it to buy that battery, take out all of the 18650s, replace them with high quality ones (3400mAh vs 1200mAh), put it all back together and use it?
>>
>>56201870
I take that back, it was a 12 cell by AGPTek on eBay (you have to look it up yourself, 4chan thinks it is spam)
>>
>>56201790
sensors
>>
>>56201790
lm-sensors on linux is what I use
>>
>>56201779
>Sure thing kid.
said the newfag who doesn't know what /g was like before this faggot thread
now everyone who comes here thinks it's tech support
>>
>>56201991
I was on /g/ before these threads were a thing, you fucking moron. Not everyone you don't like is a newfag.
>>
File: Sif.gif (35KB, 230x200px) Image search: [Google]
Sif.gif
35KB, 230x200px
>>56201510
So, I'm living in an apartment this year for college with three other fellows. Only problem is that the WiFi is some hot garbage, and there's only one Ethernet port out by our front door (which one of us has to use because they can't connect to the WiFi). We were thinking of getting our own router, but I've never setup my own network before. Would we just have to hook up the router to the Ethernet port and configure it through a web browser? Any tips or articles would be appreciated.
>>
>>56202013
then what the fuck makes you think this place was worste before this shitposted shithread being spammed 24/7?
>>
>>56202381
The fact that these threads see ~600 to ~1000 posts a day that would otherwise be spread throughout various additional threads on the board. You literally cannot deny that these threads at least somewhat reduce the amount of cancerous threads.
>>
>>56202302
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoXI9EvBmak
>>
What fun project can I work on in python. Something involving the internet and possibly pyautogui. It has to involve the internet though.
>>
File: price.png (266KB, 1010x554px) Image search: [Google]
price.png
266KB, 1010x554px
Apologies if this is the wrong place for this.

I'm looking to get the new EVGA Z170 classified motherboard since I'm building a new PC from scratch and I might as well go all in. Is this a decent price? Newegg is all sold out and god knows when they'll restock, same with Amazon.
>>
my PC keeps telling me i don't have enough memory then hangs for long times

where do i download more memory?
>>
>>56202499
Wherr are you from?
Zimbawe?

The fuck is wrong with your currency.
Read logicalincrements.com .
>>
>>56202505
Post task manager process list.
>>
so I've done a clown install of Windows 10 when the free upgrade was available using my windows 7 oem key.

my question is, would i be able to use the windows 7 key on another computer and have it running Windows 7 since my pc is running Windows 10?
>>
>>56202591
iirc once you use a Windows 7 or Windows 8 key for Windows 10 it becomes a Windows 10 key and only a Windows 10 key
>>
>>56202591
It is a W10 only key and can be used as a OEM key on W7.

So you cant use it on another PC.
>>
>>56202591
derp meant clean install*

>>56202617
ah alright.

thanks man.
>>
>>56201743
>In Linux, what can I do to increase laptop battery life?
change cpu frequency governor to "ondemand"
try laptop-mode-tools

>Which is better: internal Wireless-G or USB Wireless-N (assuming the AP is N)?
N, even over usb2 N has a higher potential capacity than G

>How bad would it be if a swap disk hard drive were to start failing?
is it bad to swap a failing hdd? no, how could it be?
>>
I want an external PCIe x4 interface so that I can upgrade my laptop later, but I also want it to be compatible with the x1 expresscard on my current laptop.

If I get these two products
> PCIe x16 to PCIe x4
http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4C%20V4.1.html
PE4C-H4060A V4.1
> PCIe x4 to ExpressCard (PCIe x1)
http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4L%20V2.1.html
PE4L-EC060A V2.1

Would that give me the same functionality as this?
> PCIe x16 to ExpressCard (PCIe x1)
http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4C%20V3.0.html
PE4C-EC060A V3.0
>>
Good website to buy proxies?
Preferably not too expensive, and from legit websites
>>
What are the benefits of driving with insurance versus driving without insurance if I have a cheap shit car?
>>
>>56203266
You won't risk getting ticketed if you get pulled over
>>
>>56202430
it just makes worse threads more prominent
there's more shill threads than ever after these threads came up.
>>
>>56203294
correlation doesn't imply causation.
>>
>>56203266
???
At the very least get third party insurance. If you crash into somebody's Porsche, you don't want to be paying for that, or going to jail if you cant. That's also why you should always drive a car that's registered and warranted.
>>
>>56201605
You're retarded. Before /sqt/ we had about a hundred threads a day with people shitting up /g/ with their retarded questions. Now we get tens.
It also improves the answers that people get because having one thread promotes discussion about the best solutions to a problem, instead of just one idiot giving the wrong answer because he was the only one bothered to reply.

If you see someone post their "tech support" thread outside of this general, they're breaking the 4chan rules.
> www.4chan.org/rules#g
> - section 2. "Tech support threads should be posted on /wsr/."
This thread doesn't break the rules because it's mostly not tech support, it's people asking general questions about technology that don't deserve their own thread.
>>
So I fucked up installing Ubuntu on a partition, accidentally deleted the boot Mgr for windows 10, and now I'm stuck with Freya. I enjoyed it but I absolutely HAVE to go back to windows in order to do most of my school work. How would I go about legally clean installing windows on a laptop with no disk drive and with elementary os?
>>
>>56203434
Why would you do that when you can use GRUB?
>>
>>56201510
Which linux distro should I put on my laptop for school?
>>
>>56203368
Have you ever gotten into a car crash?
>>
>>56203433
didn't say it broke the rules dumbass
said it's just one more cancerous shitpost i have to filter
it brought PTG and daily lincucks shithreads being spammed on the front page everyday too.

and yet people still spam their stupid questions, programming faggotry, and lincuck bullshit outside of the general shitposts that are always on page 1.

all this did was make mods ignore shilling shitposts and opt for cleaning up the random tech spam instead.
while the same 5 faggots circle jerk in their own little generalized thread.
>>
Now that windows has bash, can windows use lunux package managers?

I know this is a monumentally stupid question. Maybe a better question = is it -more- possible now?
>>
I'm going to be moving out soon.
How long does it usually take to get an ISP out to a place to get everything hooked up?
Should I purchase the service ahead of time and schedule around my move in date?
>>
>>56201667
Use mpv.
>>
>>56203434
If you had windows 10 installed legally before, just install it from a USB drive and skip the key authentication in the install process.

>>56203472
Yes.

>>56203473
>I'm special because I'm smarter than other people who have questions about mundane shit.
Fuck off, there's 23 unique posters in this thread. for 49 posts. Just report the spam question threads that aren't in the generals and tell the OP's to go to the generals with their questions with a sage post.
>>
Hi guys, i know it retarted but i cant install ubuntu on my laptop.

I booted it on a usb stick and when i get to the installetion it just crashed i get errno 13, not the python one, and says somthing like lunching the desktop so i can try and fix it...

All i could find about that problem is its somthing about the boot it self.

I tried to redownload every thing again and try, even tried to use boot-repair and i still get the same problem.

What am i doing wrong?
>>
>>56203497
depends on ISP, but best option is to schedule in advance. or chance waiting 2-4 weeks for hook up
>>
>>56203511
>what am I doing wrong
you bought stupid hardware
>>
>>56203527
What do you mean?
>>
I made a game in libGDX but I want an in app purchase for google/amazon/iOS + leaderboard support for all three.

How much should I pay for this? $50? $100? I'm using upworks btw
>>
>>56203509
>If you had windows 10 installed legally before, just install it from a USB drive and skip the key authentication in the install process.

The laptop was originally w7 pro and then w10 pro. I mounted the w10 iso onto my flash drive but it didn't really work out all too well. I kept getting a blue screen when I tried booting from the drive. Maybe the installation just messed up?
>>
File: pizza hat.png (2MB, 1266x1212px) Image search: [Google]
pizza hat.png
2MB, 1266x1212px
RedHat linux cost crazy $$$
goes against the 'free'ness of linux
how to get redhat for free (not fedora!)?
>>
>>56203567
Yeahhh.... Windows is really picky about how it gets installed. If you have access to a Windows mahcine, you should run the installer from here to burn it to the flash drive.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
You could also install a win10 iso to a Virtual Machine, pass the flash drive to the VM, and burn it from the VM, but that would take hours.

There is a Linux program to flash Win10 installers, but it's finicky.
>>
I signed out my anonymous google account and noticed it showed the "successfully logged out" screen from the 3rd party email thing for my school. I post a lot of shit on my anonymous one a lot of shit I could easily be expelled for if it was somehow linked to my school account. So is there any way it was? They came up as being posted by my anonymous named account. It could just as easily have been a friend logging into my computer right?
>>
>>56203509
If you didn't have insurance, how much would you have had to pay for the damage done versus if you had insurance?
>>
>>56202499
Yeah it seems low

$164 329.96 in the uk.
>>
What good resources are there for learning embedded programming? Or is it probably better just learning good low level C stuff?
>>
>>56203624
So, move the iso to my windows desktop and then run Rufus or a similar program to put the iso onto the flash drive? Also, thanks for the help. I've been ridiculously stressed over all of this as I have a ton of Chemistry due soon.
>>
>>56203572
centos is literally RHEL without the branding
>>
File: bbllmnmdu.jpg (90KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bbllmnmdu.jpg
90KB, 707x1000px
Search engines get better through people using them. I use duckduckgo but I find I very often has to use bang searches because the standard DDG results are not good enough. Do these bang searches still contribute to DDG at all? Or is it nothing more than sing DDg as a proxy?
>>
>>56203646

http://lars-lab.jpl.nasa.gov/JPL_Coding_Standard_C.pdf
>>
>>56203567
Re-download with the media creation tool, and use it to write to the usb directly.
>>
>>56203632
I lost my no claims bonus of $200.
The other vehicle was a Mercedes, The front was crumpled to the point that the radiator was leaking. I don't know what the repair bill was, but it would have been thousands, if not tens of thousands.

>>56203671
Yep, that's exactly right. Also, try to use an up to date ISO if you have one. They have better compatibility and licensing authentication.
>>
>>56203671
You should be able to use the tool to directly burn the image, without ever having to mess with ISOs.
>>
File: 1447201284610.jpg (91KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
1447201284610.jpg
91KB, 600x446px
CS majors, how's discrete math and fundamental computer systems? Anything I should expect?
>>
>>56203693
Man, I don't know how the hell I didnt know this was a thing. I've been trying to find 3rd party software and all and Microsoft has something exactly for my problem. I'll install this tomorrow when I have access to wifi. Hopefully it works. Thanks!
>>
>>56203721
The best tools for W10 images are on Windows. Only one exists for Linux and it has terrible support.
>>
File: a.png (4KB, 642x23px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
4KB, 642x23px
>>56203738
the solution is to use such a tool, create your functional installer, then image the final result
that way you have a plain usb image which you can use dd or whatever with
>>
>>56203720
Alright.

How and why did your collision occur?

>>56203572
I thought you were just paying for service if it ever has any problems or anything, not for the distro itself.

Or do you get the service by buying the distro?
>>
>>56202617
That is precisely wrong. You can always go back to your copy of 7/8, the key does not disappear, you just can't use both at the same time. But he said his windows 7 key was OEM, so he couldn't transfer it anyway.
>>
What's better: MPV or MPC-HC+MadVR
>>
why is firefox such a memory leaking piece of shit
I have 5 fucking tabs open (none of them are flash) and it's using like 900MB of memory
is chromium good or what?
>>
>>56203738
>>56203738
>>56203777
He already said he's going to use a windows desktop so the microsoft tool will be fine. Doesn't need linux or rufus for this.
>>
>>56203896
Not on windows.
>>
>>56203906
i (>>56203777) am only responding to >>56203738
i didn't read any other linked post
>>
>>56203918
You should stop that. When someone's been discussing a problem for 5 or 6 posts, and another annon comes in without reading and adds something, it can throw a wrench in the whole process.
>>
>>56203779
Traffic stopped suddenly on a motorway. I managed to come to a full stop without hitting the car in front. I got rear-ended by the Merc. A situation like that is completely out of your control and happens far too often.
>>
>>56203572
Run Fedora, it's basically just RedHat beta.
>>
>>56203892
linux? mpv
windows? either one works
>>
love how people never answer the question here
maybe it's lack of understanding
maybe it's trolling
maybe it's something else

but guy may ask:
how long do i fry an egg?
but the answers are:
fuck eggs, eat oatmeal
you need to buy special frying pan
eggs can't be fried, but you can poach them: here's a wall of text how to poach eggs
>>
>>56203825
>You can always go back to your copy of 7/8
Rollback is only effective for 30 days and sometimes the rollback doesn't work at all, in which case you file a lawsuit under a jewish woman's name and win $10,000.
>>
>>56204117
too trues, anon!
>>
File: this is a linux desktop.webm (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
this is a linux desktop.webm
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>56204117
>food metaphor
back to /v/ you go
>>
>>56204000
Alright, you've convinced me.

But wouldn't it be the guy in the Mercede's fault for rear-ending you? Who was liable? How much did your insurance go up, and how were you covered? Which insurance provider do you have, and would you recommend it?

>>56204117
>>56204131
samefag pls
>>
>>56204119
The 30 days is just how long your pc stores your old install. It has nothing to do with the license. If you clean install or use a recovery or backup your old key is still perfectly valid, at least until 2020.
>>
>>56204141
I'm in New Zealand so I doubt It would help. You should ask /o/.
>>
File: Capture33.png (16KB, 369x208px) Image search: [Google]
Capture33.png
16KB, 369x208px
>>56204141
you caught us!
>>
>>56202617
This is wrong. My laptop is dual booting Windows 7 and 10, and both are authenticated.
>>
What specific micro USB cables would you recommend using? The ones I've tried are too loose and pop out of any device use them on.
>>
>>56204117
-_-
>>>/co/

>>56204191
I'm using Digitus, they work pretty good. Monoprice aren't terrible.
>>
>>56201591
What torrent?
If it was called xt59186 or along the lines of this did you check the hash to verify it?
>>
>>56204196
>Just go the /a/ route and throw the online equivalent of a temper tantrum because you don't like thing
How about no
>>
>>56204134
I must know how
>>
>>56204196
Oh, and alternatively, you could use the good old fashioned tried and true technique of the sagebomb.

>>56204221
Hey man, it works (more or less), and it definitely induces some degree of hilarity and maybe even drama.
>>
I got an old Android phone I want to use as a DNS server to block ads on my home network
It's already rooted but has no play store
How do I do it?
>>
>>56204176
Well thanks a lot.

>>56204182
> posts almost a minute apart
At least I tried.
>>
>>56204262
>not having an open source router.
>>
File: weaboo-crap.jpg (112KB, 869x804px) Image search: [Google]
weaboo-crap.jpg
112KB, 869x804px
>>56203724
Please?
>>
I have a Lenovo y50 that has a failing hybrid hard drive where the SSD is used for Windows and the HDD is for everything else.

Since this is a hybrid drive what exactly am I going to have to do to replace the HDD? Or can I just pop the HDD out and put in the new one.
>>
>>56204250
>it works (more or less)
For about a day.
Keep in mind that /sqt/ is just the QTDDTOTT with a different name and a more structured general. QTDDTOTT is at least 3 years old, sqt is not a new concept.
>>
>>56204198
Thanks. I found Monoprice, but where did you get the Digitus? I've been looking and can't find them. I found a page for them on their website, but their website doesn't seem to allow shopping or show prices.
>>
>>56204317
New Zealand. Ascent or PBtech.
>>
>>56204297
Just pop in a new one. You're going to have to install a new OS tho. I suggest taking this time to learn Linux :-)
>>
>>56204297
1st, backup everything right NOW to external drive
2nd, depends in the make, but most likely you will need to replace the whole thing.
check toms hardware or stackexchange for specific model info
>>
>>56204297
Doesn't change anything. The hybrid is just a two in one.
Change it and clone the OS install over.
>>
Gentlemen with a Moto X Pure, how did you go about rooting it? All the guides I see about rooting it on Android 6.0 seem stupidly convoluted, and that's coming from a guy with an HTC One M8.
>>
>>56204321
Thank you.
>>
Are there any simple scripts that will allow me to upload images to 4chan by drag-and-drop and/or ctrl-v?

4chan-x has something like that IIRC but I find it too cumbersome as I don't really need any of the other features.
>>
>>56204302
> For about a day.
Of course.
But I'd like to think that there's at least one dedicated faggot faggot enough to spam for several days, if not weeks, just because he doesn't like something, just like there's the faggot OP who puts the small in /sqt/ instead of keeping the superior name and original post.

> Keep in mind that /sqt/ is just the QTDDTOTT with a different name and a more structured general. QTDDTOTT is at least 3 years old, sqt is not a new concept
I am aware.
>>
does anyone know a good non web based calendar application. i'd prefer to also be able to export the data into some file format, but its not really that important.
>>
>>56204401
I really think you're in the 1% that doesn't like /sqt/
I would expect that 99% of /g/ regulars either like, or don't care about it.
>>
So my WRT54GL wifi has been very weak lately, if I upgrade the firmware to Tomato or whichever one was suggested, will it make it fast again?

Or should I dust it off? Because the top part has a lot of dust and it's the part with holes on it.
>>
How do I install Linux onto my hard drive? I just partitioned half of it and don't want to uninstall windows (yet)
>>
>>56204418
you could just use an actual calendar
ooo so scary and impractical
>>
>>56204495
1. Dust it off. Take it apart to make sure there's no dust on the chipset.
2. If it's not already running DDWRT or OpenWRT (or a derivative such as tomato), you should definitely install it because it makes it more stable, and if you add a good cooling solution, you can boost the antenna gain for extra range (That's why you see them with heatsinks and watercooling. It's not for overclocking, it's cooling the power supply to the antenna)

>>56204525
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot
>>
CS or CE? Which has the least math bullshit?
>>
>>56204546
Ah alright I will dust it off, it's been almost two years.

Which firmware do you suggest? DDWRT, OpenWRT or Tomato? If the installation fails, can I still install something on it again? Because the firmware page says:
>Upgrade must NOT be interrupted !
If something were to happen like getting stuck, will I be able to factory reset it with the reset button on the hardware?
>>
>>56204546
Where the hell are you finding watercooled routers??
>>
Does gpu power consumption increase when overclocking it? Im using seasonic g550 and planning to buy a 1070 gaymen x
>>
>>56204587
only if you increase the power limit/voltage
>>
>>56204560
CE.
>>
>>56204577
Some hardware can be bricked, often it's a soft brick, meaning there are ways to recover it. Check the forums to find out what risks you might run in updating your particular model.
>>
File: wifi_watercool.jpg (51KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
wifi_watercool.jpg
51KB, 800x533px
>>56204577
People mod them.
>>
>>56204648
Just upgraded it, when I started it, it broke the page and I clicked on Try Again and then waited in fear.

But then I got the message "Upgrade successful" oh man it was scary but now I'm in Tomato woo!

I'll clean it in a bit. Thanks!
>>
>>56204543
i bought a paper calendar and i don't have enough room to write down what happened on that day and what needs to be done.
>>
>>56204723
Then get a moleskine and make yourself feel really smart and special and write down stuff in that
>>
>>56204560
>>56204640
CE has more math than CS.
>>
>>56204480
Actually, you're wrong on that one.

I actually really like /sqt/. It's pretty helpful, even when it takes a good bit of time for my question(s) to be answered. Same goes for the QTDDTOT threads.

I just don't like the faggot OP who keeps using small questions thread instead, and the other faggot OPs who don't keep the original post, but less so.

If you were in the true /sqt/ yesterday, the stupid questions thread, you might see just how dedicated one faggot can be when he doesn't like something, and you might be surprise when you see that it's the OP and that these people still exist, to some extent.
>>
ubuntu or xubuntu? Is there really a difference besides how it looks?
i just want to watch my animu and music
>>
>>56204480
>tfw /sqt/ thought you more than school did
>>
Amazon finally caught on that I graduated from uni and have knocked me back to the full priced Prime bracket. Is there any other loophole I can use to get a discount for Prime?
>>
>>56204766
are you saying people only use calendars to feel special about themselves and not try to keep up to date with tasks they need to complete?
have you ever had a reasonable job or have gone to college?
>>
>>56204849
Can't you drop it till you get a job then get it back on?

Or ask them if they would drop the Prime videos because the student version has no Prime videos on.
>>
whats a good case that's pink or black with pink accents
>>
>>56204418
I use Planner Pro the paid version has a weekly view where they appear as big boxes that you can fill them up with tasks. But the free one still has a version of that in the widgets section on your phone where you can put it as a widget.
>>
File: 148686.jpg (172KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
148686.jpg
172KB, 1200x900px
>>56201510
Can I use a premium microUSB charging cable with my Novatouch or would something go wrong? The cable I want to get has a charging LED so I'm not sure how well that would work.
>>
File: 1444533770740.jpg (52KB, 720x393px) Image search: [Google]
1444533770740.jpg
52KB, 720x393px
>>56204830
Xubuntu.

And yes, there is a difference.

Xubuntu uses XFCE as the desktop environment, and Ubuntu uses Unity shit. The former is less resource-intensive than the latter.

Also, Xubuntu doesn't have the Amazon botnet bullshit that Ubuntu has, and neither do the other *ubuntus, to my knowledge.

Also, Xubuntu really does look a lot better.

See: https://askubuntu.com/questions/284357/ubuntu-vs-kubuntu-vs-xubuntu

>>56204833
>>> thought
>>
>>56204878
>the student version has no Prime videos on.
Pretty sure it does. I never really used the feature (BTN trumps most streaming services in my experience and pretty much just liked Prime for the free fast delivery on everything) but I tried it like once and it worked, unless they removed it recently.

And it's not like I absolutely can't afford it, it's just that I liked the fact I was getting it for half price until now.
>>
>>56204919
Taught* Sorry, been a long day.

But hey, many things here are mostly opinion too :^)
>>
>>56204933
Weird, mine doesn't have Prime video, maybe because they did the same to me after I transferred to a university, then I emailed them and they also refunded my money back (About $60) and now I don't see the Prime video option, it tells me to upgrade to the full Prime experience. Maybe it's in the demo version for now? Since my bill is next year.
>>
>>56204827
>/sqt/
>small questions thread
>stupid questions thread
Who actually gives a fuck? It's the same thread!
As long as I can type "sqt" into the catalog search, I don't care.
>>
>>56204997
What about /ssqt/ or /ss/qt/, a qt /ss/ thread.
>>
how are sites like 8 ch or master ch
able to stay up without being taken down?

& why isn't it deemed "illegal" to view these sites?

as stupid as this question is i'm very curious
>>
>>56204827
It's been going back and forth between small and stupid questions threads literally for years. Get over it, you fucking shitstain.
>If you were in the true /sqt/ yesterday, the stupid questions thread, you might see just how dedicated one faggot can be
I was doing that because there had already been an /sqt/ up for hours, some autist made one just because he didn't like the name. Having two Questions threads is beyond retarded so I was redirecting people to the real one.
>>
>>56204981
Maybe I got grandfathered in or something. I've been using the student discount since like 2009 or so.
>>
>>56205007
/stfu/
>>
>>56204997
Well i have my bookmark to search stupid question so i do give a fuck.
>>
>>56205023
Maybe, because when I was working at a computer repair shop, my boss told me to add his address in my account so I can use Prime for free. I was able to use it for free (not sure if it was a demo or something) for about two years I think.
>>
>>56205016
Freedom of speech.
>>
>>56205044
This and ICANN. Remember to stop Obama's actions.
>>
>>56205036
How about you try not being a complete retard and search for "sqt", the whole fucking reason the initialism's put in every OP is for easy searching, dumbass.
>>
>>56204997
> Who actually gives a fuck?
lol me

> It's the same thread!
it literally isn't

> As long as I can type "sqt" into the catalog search, I don't care.
lol fag

>>56205016
freedumz

Also, the "illegal" images in question are legal.

>>56205019
Why hello OP :^)
>>
>>56205055
How about just leave it as stupid questions thread instead wanting to change shit for no reason?
>>
File: Heavenbenchmark.png (42KB, 571x573px) Image search: [Google]
Heavenbenchmark.png
42KB, 571x573px
I'm currently on a gtx 960. The only game that kicks my card's ass really, is Witcher 3. Should I overclock it? I ran unigine heaven, and the max temp I saw was 69c. It was running at 1443mhz without dropping. What kind of core clock should I be going for if I want to keep the temps under 75c? 600w power supply btw if that matters.
>>
>>56205019
To be honest I've been to the /sqt/ party for about 2 years now and I've knew it as "stupid questions thread" it's the first time I'm seeing it as "small questions thread" but meh it's the same thing.

If you're trying to meme it up and change it secretly then you're kinda doing a good job at it. Otherwise, I don't know.
>>
>>56205100
Meanwhile its under 75°C under stress you are fine.
>>
>>56205069
How about you make the next thread if it you get so assblasted over it? If I see the thread start autosaging and nobody's made a new one, the next one's going to be a Small Questions Thread.

>>56205103
Back when these threads first started being a thing they were called either Small or Stupid, once or twice they were even Little. Then Stupid slowly started becoming more common. Regardless there is no proper thread title, and since you should be searching for sqt anyway the name is entirely irrelevant.
>>
>>56205153
>Little
Oh shit I remember these, I couldn't even find sqt because of it iirc.
>>
>>56205111
to reword my question, I want to OC the card. How aggressive of a core clock should I shoot for If I want to keep temps lowish?
>>
>>56205153
So, you do want to create thread wars because you have autism or just for shitposting?
>>
>>56205198
I want to create Small Questions Threads. No question is stupid.
>inb4 lolol sjw and other shitty memes

Like I said, you're free to make Stupid Questions Threads. Just don't do it if there's already a Small Questions Thread. There should always only be one /sqt/.
>>
How good is Usertesting.com?
>>
>>56205210
yes
>>
>>56205209
So what if i do anyway?
>>
Is there a current Android/Linux phone that could replace my laptop for normal browsing at home?

I want it to run a non-gimped OS, and be able to attach a keyboard, mouse, monitor and external drives somehow.
>>
>>56205226
Then I'll do the same thing I did the last time some fuckhead tried that
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S56179608
>>
>>56205176
Not a big OCer but the way I understand it is that you keep incrementing the clock speed until it becomes unstable (IE driver crash, artifacts and the like). You then increase the voltage into the card to make it stable again. You do this all while keeping an eye on your temps, under 80 is pretty accepted unless you want to be more conservative. Look up the accepted upper limit on voltage for your card so you dont fry it because thats where you really have to be careful.

Basically type in your card and overclock guide into google and you'll find what you want.
>>
>>56205237
Are you fucking kidding me.
>>
>>56205239
Global rules 2, 6 and 10.
>>
>>56205257
I never broke any of those rules.
>>
>>56205248
no?
>>
>>56205260
You just admit you did.
>>
>>56205267
No I didn't.
>>
I am being forced by an ERP software to use Adobe reader 8!
because they claim it works best, but i am concerned for security.

Should i say no and let em break their heads and make my life a lil bit more difficult?
>>
I just noticed that the current owner of most of my storage drive is a string of numbers instead of a name. Is that because I've previously reformatted without fucking with this drive, or because I've used a Live CD? And should I bother taking back ownership, or is this one of those "if it ain't broke" situations?
>>
>>56205287
it is one of em situations.
>>
File: 1446883219468.jpg (8KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1446883219468.jpg
8KB, 184x184px
What mp3 player do i buy ?
>>
>>56205318
5th gen iPod Classic
>>
>>56205318
Zune HD

It has an mp4 player and an IE6 browser. You can also mod it to run your own applications.
>>
Currently installing xubuntu
At the step where it says preparing to install.
Checked the boxes Download updates whie installing and install third part software.
Clicked continue and it's been loading for a while now. How long should this take?
>>
>>56205354
Wait for it. Give it like 10 minutes max. But keep waiting regardless.

Unless you're not patient and want to restart all over again.
>>
File: 1445901413042-2.png (54KB, 387x320px)
1445901413042-2.png
54KB, 387x320px
>>56205337
>>56205329
maybe something a little cheaper
>>
I'd like to make myself a DIY mute button for my TRS microphone. Anyone here done that before and able to offer input?
>>
File: Lolzturtle.gif (17KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lolzturtle.gif
17KB, 225x300px
>>56205153
lol fag

Although it may not be the original (first documented use of "little questions thread" was in Q4 2012 - first documented use of "little questions thread" was in Q1 2013 - first documented use of "stupid questions thread" was in Q4 2013, and has more-or-less been the norm since), the original post of the Stupid Questions Thread was - and still is - far superior.

>>56205209
>>56205239
>>56205260
>>56205272
Fuck you.
I'm making one.
ENJOY YOUR AIDS, LOLZ
>>
>>56205392
How poor are you?
>>
>>56205411
>shitting up the board
Why do you hate your home?
>>
>>56205411
Anon, dont reply to bait, report and move on.
>>
>>56205430
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>56204262
Bumping
>>
>>56205419
> >shitting up the board
Says the guy who spams low-quality posts every time somebody posts in a thread that isn't his.

It's happening, and it'll be better in the long run for all of us, especially if the original post is used in consecutive threads of the same name.
>>
I think it's time for me to switch to GNU/Linux, but i probably should start slowly with an ubuntu dualboot.
I only have 85GB left on my SSD, how much space is recommended? Is there a way to move all my programms to a different drive without having to reinstall everything to make some more space?
>>
>>56205462
>Says the guy who spams low-quality posts every time somebody posts in a thread that isn't his.
There's absolutely no reason for two questions threads. I was merely redirecting people to the correct thread. If anything you should be thanking me.
>>
>>56205430
I already did yesterday.

There's no point.
He's serious.
He'll just evade again, assuming he ever got banned, and that this is the same person.

If not, then yeah, it really is b8.
>>
>>56205412
don't wanna pay more than 60 bucks for a music player
>>
>>56205482
Please.
>>
>>56205490
I never got banned. So you're the guy who's so autistic he felt the need to create a questions thread when there was already a questions thread?

>>56205492
Buy one with a broken HDD and upgrade it with an SD card. I upgraded a 5th gen Classic to a 120GB SSD for $70 total over a year ago.
>>
Pornhub is suddenly using 300-400mb of memory per tab, crashing firefox very quickly. Firefox's memory report shows no trace of the issue - it reports 700mb explicit when 2gb is in use (normally it would be 700mb to 1gb).

How can this be?
>>
>>56205522
Nope, that wasn't me.

I was just a guy asking a stupid question, answering stupid questions.
>>
File: 147184798850.png (3KB, 55x50px) Image search: [Google]
147184798850.png
3KB, 55x50px
What does pic related do? Too scared to try it myself.
>>
>>56205522
Stay faggot, kid.
>>
>>56205572
Stay kid, faggot.
>>
>>56205584
ok
>>
Just installed Linux, however I am dualbooting with windows 7. How do I get to choose which OS is loaded? Right now it automatically goes to Windows 7
>>
>>56205637
You need a bootloader. I suggest GRUB if using BIOS or rEFInd if using UEFI
>>
>>56205637
Have you installed Win 7 after Linux?
Then the Windows bootloader overwrites the Linux one and always boots Windows.
If you reinstall the Linux bootloader, that one will give you a menu which lets you choose what to boot.
>>
>>56205637
You can edit the windows bootloader so that Linux shows up.
>>
>>56205471
Ubuntu runs fine with loads of software in <15 GB.

>Is there a way to move all my programms to a different drive without having to reinstall everything to make some more space?
Not in Windows
>>
>>56205683
Okay, thank you - so a 15GB Partition should be fine? Because fiddeling with the partition sizes afterwards could be somewhat bothersome.
>>
>>56205733
15gb for installed software.
That doesn't include any data (pics, documents, movies, etc). So not a problem if you also have a shared partition for data, but if all your data is stored directly on the Windows partition, accessing it directly from Linux isn't good practice (although it is possible).
>>
>>56205570
Hover on it and see the URL
>>
>>56205758
I have another HDD for stuff like music and movies, is it hard to make ubuntu mount external drives automatically?
>>
Does OC'ing increase power usage and if so, would a 750W PSU be enough to OC a 980 ti and an i5 4690k
>>
Is there a way in Inkscape to take some line drawing and snap the points to the grid automatically without having to go back and recreate it by hand?
>>
>>56205774
No, it works out of the box every time you open the file manager.
>>
File: 1452017164250.png (14KB, 493x402px)
1452017164250.png
14KB, 493x402px
>>56205811
Okay sounds good, wish me luck
>>
>>56205019
you fucking faggots don't even browse the subforum beyond this stupid fucking circle jerk of athread.

there's literally dozens of stupid tech support threads up right now.
>>
>>56205894
Are you kidding me? I've got 21 threads open right now. /sqt/ is a very minor part of my 4channing.
>>
>>56204262
bumping
>>
recently i've got this weird exe, when i terminate it it always multiplies

i've tried searching it but i get nothing "Ulbcwgbsk.exe" is the exe and it has multiple files in AppData\Roaming, all contain an .xml file and most of the time a blank .png weirdly enough

am i ratted? i've removed from startup but it continues to find a way to start.
>>
>>56201591
Put windows on a stick and when you wanna watch anime launch windows from the stick
>>
>>56205846
Good luck!
>>
>>56205917
>/sqt/ is a very minor part of my 4channing.
then you can see the tens of shitposts all asking stupid questions right now correct?
>>
>>56206075
Yes, and?
>>
>>56206060
Thank you.
The normal ubuntu should be fine, right? Or should i install a flavour like Kubuntu? Can't i just change the DE or WM afterwards if i don't like it?
>>
>>56205917
>4channing
You sound the mods
>>
>>56206132
What?
>>
>>56206157
>What?
>4channing
You sound the mods
>>
File: 1443941839645.png (261KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443941839645.png
261KB, 500x500px
>>56206108
Welp, windows won't let me resize my current partition on the ssd by more than 1.3GB, despite having 85GB free. What do?
>>
>>56206108
>The normal ubuntu should be fine, right?
Yes, if you like the way it looks.

>Or should i install a flavour like Kubuntu?
Yes, if you like the way it looks.

>Can't i just change the DE or WM afterwards if i don't like it?
Yes, but a DE is a whole collection of software that ties well into each other. If you start with Unity, then install KDE, all the programs you have won't be as neatly tied into your DE as the equivalent KDE programs will be. Of course you can replace all of them as well if you want it to be perfect, but it gets to the point where a clean reinstall (assuming you have a seperate /home partition) can actually be faster and easier.
>>
>>56206108
> The normal ubuntu should be fine, right?
Yes.

However,

> Or should i install a flavour like Kubuntu?
Personally, I prefer Xubuntu, and would recommend it over the normal Ubuntu. It and all of the other flavors don't have any of that Amazon botnet shit, to the best of my knowledge.

> Can't i just change the DE or WM afterwards if i don't like it?
Yes, you definitely should be able to.

I did the same shit in OpenBSD with XFCE.

You'll be fine.
>>
>>56206202
Sounds like you're out of luck.
You "could" resize it using a Linux Live CD, but only god knows where and how Windows spreads out its files so that could destroy your Windows install.
>>
>>56206197
Nigger, explain your fucking self.
>>
>>56206219
>>56206197
10/10 would go drink beer with you
>>
What is a decent mid sized case with a reasonable amount of space behind the mobo for cable management? Not squished/bulging the back panel, i.e. not the thermaltake v3.
>>
>>56206228
>It and all of the other flavors don't have any of that Amazon botnet shit

Neither does Ubuntu Unity, in the current version.
>>
Every once in a while Firefox blocks Flash because is not updated, should I just leave the auto update on?
Or keep ticking manually the unblock per website and update it manually once in a while?
>>
whats the best programming language for noobs
>>
>>56206202
Easy!

All you have to do is use GParted.

I used the Live CD for my triple boot system.

Afterwards, you can update GRUB via it in order to access your operating systems, well, via GRUB.
>>
>>56206255
C
>>
>>56206086
how is spamming this stupid fucking thread helpful?
stop circle jerking in these general threads already for fucks sake.
you're allowing shill fags and fanboys to spam non stop.
>>
>>56206244
Isn't it just disabled?
>>
File: >this post.jpg (46KB, 600x475px) Image search: [Google]
>this post.jpg
46KB, 600x475px
>>56206236
Anon
You sound the mods
>>
>>56206283
It's greatly reduced the amount of tech support threads. You're retarded if you expect them to be completely gone, you're also retarded if you think this thread doesn't help.

>>56206295
I said explain yourself, not continue shitposting.
>>
>>56206240
See >>56206275

>>56206255
A lot of people say Python.

>>56206283
Not that guy, but it helps me a lot, because the bump limit is reached faster, allowing this shit-ass thread to finally be put out of it's misery.
>>
File: ibmdekstop.jpg (45KB, 475x788px) Image search: [Google]
ibmdekstop.jpg
45KB, 475x788px
TLDR: how do I install linux from dos?

I have an old box with the following:
- floppy drive (+ stack of floppies)
- (IDE) hard drive
- ethernet port
- serial/parralel port (but no cables)
- MS-DOS 6.21

I managed to do some basic file operations through DOS and played in QBASIC a bit.

Now I want to install either debian or a BSD on there. I can put files on the HDD by copying them to floppies but nothing I want to copy fits on a floppy.

what's the easiest way to install linux without USB?
>>
>>56206320
That's alright, when this one 404s I'll just make another Small Questions Thread.
>>
>>56206219
>>56206228
Well Kubuntu looks nicer in my opinion, but i would prefer the most stable one. Should i go for Xubuntu then?

>>56206260
uhh and it won't fuck up everything like >>56206235 said?

>>56206255
Delphi is nice. And the lazarus ide is free
>>
>>56206286
Don't know, but so what? It doesn't do anything anyway, and if it bothers you,
sudo apt-get purge unity-lens-shopping
>>
if i set my computers dns servers to use opendns, does it ignore my isp dns servers and only go trough opendns?

captcha: 5411
>>
>>56206352
>I would prefer the most stable one
What DE you use doesn't matter for stability. It's all just look and feel. And it's all Ubuntu under the hood (and Linux under the engine cover).
>>
>>56206337
Have fun :^)
I know I am.
>>
>>56206322
while booting into linux from dos was a thing, in your case the easiest way to manipulate what's on the hdd would be to simple take it out and attach it to another machine, then run a VM with the hdd attached and install whatever you like

if you have no other machines with IDE, you can get an IDE>USB adapter from most places
>>
File: rms_buckaroo.png (71KB, 500x410px)
rms_buckaroo.png
71KB, 500x410px
>>56206304
>You sound the mods
I said explain yourself, not continue shitposting.
>>
>>56206388
You're a piece of fucking shit.
>>
>>56206393
So fucking do it.
>>
>>56206352
> Well Kubuntu looks nicer in my opinion, but i would prefer the most stable one. Should i go for Xubuntu then?
KUBUNTU IS FUCKING SHIT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
GET XUBUNTU
DO IT NOW
DO IT FAGGOT

But in all seriousness, if your system can handle it, go for Kubuntu. It takes up a bit moar resources because it uses KDE, but they basically function the same.

I fell in love with the way that Xubuntu is, though.

> uhh and it won't fuck up everything like >>56206235 said?
Yes!

You can use GParted in Linux, or you can install the Live CD and use that. I would recommend the latter, so that if Wangblows wipes your shit, you can restore GRUB.

>>56206362
>>> muh botnet
>>
>>56206370
nvm figured it out, thanks for nothing
>>
File: roody-shot.png (27KB, 139x111px) Image search: [Google]
roody-shot.png
27KB, 139x111px
>>56206420
>>
>>56206408
And just what are you willing to do about it?

Oh, and,
>>56205584
moar loli for me
>>
File: gentoo.png (520KB, 636x603px) Image search: [Google]
gentoo.png
520KB, 636x603px
>>56206392
I don't have IDE boxes anymore, but an adapter like that seems useful enough. thx
>>
File: 1355809831633.png (271KB, 412x323px) Image search: [Google]
1355809831633.png
271KB, 412x323px
>>56206467
Words cannot describe how much of a fucking faggot you are.

>>56206469
>And just what are you willing to do about it?
We'll see.
>>
File: PeterNoonePicForBlog.jpg (62KB, 614x768px) Image search: [Google]
PeterNoonePicForBlog.jpg
62KB, 614x768px
>>56206497
> We'll see.
Oh?
Well, I can't say I'm not excited!
>>
>>56206497
You're a fucking aughtist

>>56206237
I didn't make either of these posts though, why did you (You) me
>>
>>56206518
Damned straight.
>>
>>56206522
no u
>>
>>56204262
Bumping again and again and again
>>
>>56206524
What is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>56206674
He thinks your gay and hell will fix you, queer.
>>
>>56206687
Sounds hot!

> your
lol
>>
>>56206447
What about Linux Lite 3.0? It's based on Ubuntu and uses Xfce
>>
>>56205285
Yes
>>
>>56206448
You're welcome
>>
>>56206744
I couldn't tell you, honestly.

I've never had any experience with it.

The best I could tell you to do is look it up on DistroWatch and see what they think of it.
>>
Looking for relative simple suggestions on what to do with a spare computer I came across. Not too powerfulor anything but surely enough for something fun.
>>
>>56206843
What are the specs?
>>
>>56206843
turn it into a server.
switch it on remotely to scare your cat.
>>
>>56206843
see >>56206836 , I've already answered your question!
>>
>>56206863
Fuck off, you goddamned imbecile. Jesus christ are you ever an annoying little twat.
>>
>>56206857
Not at home atm, can't check. Nothing outstanding as far as I recall.
>>
I made an animation with a gradient in After Effects, exporting it in H.264 creates banding in the gradient, should I be using a different format? Does it matter as I will be uploading it to YouTube, will it compress it regardless?
>>
just got xubuntu
how the fuck do I get those icons on the bottom similar to OSX?
Also, how do I get that task manager thing that WIndows had so I can check how much RAM i'm using and my CPU? and other tasks in the background?
>>
best torrenting software for linux systems?
>>
where can I still get a mouse like this? I've scoured the entire catalogue of my preferred retailer and there is nothing like it

it lasted me 7 years, now it is occasionally losing connection for a few seconds before I hear the device bloop and it's back. happens on multiple usb ports and almost exclusively when I'm playing shooters and moving it a lot
>>
File: 20160822_052717.png (64KB, 1838x1424px)
20160822_052717.png
64KB, 1838x1424px
>>56201510

So I decided to start reading "Code: The Hidden Language of Hardware and Software" and I can't understand what is the point of the OR logic gate. Wouldn't the same thing happen if they were to connect the wires together? I tried to draw a picture showing what I meant.
>>
>>56206960
In case it isn't clear, the top one (as far as my knowledge goes) is doing the same thing as the bottom one, but without the OR logic gate.
>>
>>56206953
G400 is the successor
>>
>trying to install python module from cmd
>error: unable to find vcvarsall.bat

what gives?
already tried google
>>
>>56206903
rtorrent
>>
>>56206953
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007Z1M50/
>>
>>56206877
BAWWW
Somebody call the waaaambulance!

>>56206892
You have to create a new panel, or taskbar, or whatever.

Then you'll be able to resize it at will.

>>56206903
Transmission, but I haven't used anything else.
>>
>>56206903
transmission

>>56206892
if you right click the task bar>panel>add new item, you can get a cpu/memory monitor
>>
>>56207027
I'm going to burn down your fucking house with your family tied up inside.
>>
File: hola_amigo.png (50KB, 169x136px) Image search: [Google]
hola_amigo.png
50KB, 169x136px
>>56207036
Come get me motherfucker
>>
>>56207036
Have fun!

BUMP LIMIT REACHED!

NEW THREAD: >>56205891
>>
>>56207058
Bump limit's 310 posts, you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>56207058
>>56207062
Well, don't I look silly.
>>
>>56207086
Like that's hard to do. You can't even breath without reminding people of how much of a dumbass you are.
>>
>>56207091
Well, in order to remind people of how much of a dumbass I am, I would imagine that one of the prerequisites is to go outside!

Which is, of course, one of the many things that I simply refuse to do.
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.