[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/, HELP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1461769766623.png (69KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
1461769766623.png
69KB, 366x401px
I'm going to live 3 months out in the boonies in a house with no internet hookup and outside my phone's 3G coverage. What are some options I can do to get my online fix? To hook the house up to internet would take 1/2 a mile of laying cable so that's a no-go, but I don't have a clue what's actually good for satellite or similar options.
>>
>>56198384
Get >>>/fit/
Cocoon mode

Walk when you need Internet to pay bills or whatever.
>>
>>56198384
If you're going into the the boonies, might want to also ask >>>/k/ about self defense recommendations.
>>
>>56198665
Can't do it, man. Unless a neighbor who was hooked up let me on, it would be almost 20 miles following the roads to the nearest public wifi hub. There's gotta be a tech fix for this.

>>56198737
/k/ is my mother board, actually. I'll be a lot comfier in that regard rurally than in my current culturally enriched urban environment.
>>
bump, I'm not finding a lot of useful advice via google, it's stuff that's like $800+ and that's out of my budget.
>>
>>56198384
there is an option...
if you can find someone with an internet connection at not more than a couple of miles from you, you could offer him to pay his internet bill while allowing you to hook his internet to a radio relay, you would receive the radio signal to your house with a decent antenna...
I don't know what are the prices but i've heard of people doing it near my area
>>
>>56199495
How does a guy set up a radio relay? I know there's going to be a silo half a mile or so away where they are connected, I don't know the guy's setup but I could probably ask him.
>>
>>56199544
I don't think it's really hard, should be a matter of minutes, there is a guy on the chink shit general thread who uses a yagi antenna to wardrive.
also check this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG-AZz_nm5E
>inb4 linus kek tips
>>
>>56199623
Thanks, I'll look into this as an option, appreciated anon.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.