[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 41

File: Yotsuba.png (187KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba.png
187KB, 400x750px
-- PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE --

>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
Wireless is frowned upon.
Headset requests are frowned upon.
Noise isolation ≠ Noise cancellation
If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last Thread: >>55682597
>>
First for you're all autistic faggots.
>>
HD 600 > HD 800.
>>
>>55720754
Well meme'd.
>>
>>55720869
>he fell for the HD 800 meme
>>
I want better portable audio, MAYBE from a new phone. Using MSR7s.

So..external DAC or HTC 10/Axon 7? How does the quality from those phones compare to up to $100 DACs right now?
>>
chaps, this is >>55713889

just so you know, I solved my problem. it was indeed the driver, but instead of letting windows install it automatically I had to install the driver recommended by the fabricator of the laptop. thanks for everyone who tried to help though.
>>
File: End-Game.jpg (318KB, 1384x614px) Image search: [Google]
End-Game.jpg
318KB, 1384x614px
>>55720754
I'm not here to shitpost, especially about the hd800 because I know nothing about it, but. Pic related.

600 NIGGAS HOLLER AT ME
>>
To the sabre dac guy from the last thread. No mine didnt have an optical out, it was this one.

http://hifimediy.com/Sabre-9018-DAC
>>
>>55720754
yeah, if you don't know how to EQ
>>
>>55721158
Not him but what do you do to the 800 to make it better than the 600?, lower the treble?
>>
Whats the most practical way to add a volume controller to one's setup?
I'm pretty sure i'm just going to get a amp just for the controller
>>
File: IMG_20160704_011917.jpg (2MB, 1216x1643px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160704_011917.jpg
2MB, 1216x1643px
>>55721158
Don't even need an EQ.
>>
>>55721215
raise the subbass, lower the bloated mids, raise the upper mids, sort out the treble spikes
>>
So which one of you faggots is this?

http://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/is-there-a-point-in-upgrading-from-the-hd-600-or-can-i-settle-it-as-end-game.2482/
>>
>>55721235
I'll take PEQ over a mod which barely does anything any day thank you.
>>
>>55721524
Can't use PEQ on my vinyl rig.
>>
>>55721552
>vinyl
o im laffin
>>
>>55721552
You could get an analog one but ye, that's a bit more effort than just downloading software.
>>
>>55721158
Then why even bother with HD600 and HD800 then?

Why not buy some $20 headphones with low distortion and EQ the shit outta it.

Seeing that FR is the most important factor in sound quality.
>>
>>55721708
>Why not buy some $20 headphones with low distortion and EQ the shit outta it.
comfort, build quality, quality control (channel matching, consistent FR between units), detachable cables
i don't own either of those headphones btw
>>
>>55721664
It's nice to fully concentrate on the music instead of letting my autism takes over and skips tracks all over the place. The better SQ is just a bonus.
>>
>>55721757
That's bullshit and you know it. EQ's can work great but you can never truly copy a much better headphone. Period.
>>
>>55720699
I own the hd600 and there's been a lot of discussion about them in the last couple of days. A lot of comparisons to the 702's and a lot of EQ talk.

What is the supposed way of improving the hd600 via an eq?. I'd like to know becaus it sounds great to me as it is.
>>
>>55722018
>Period.
shit, can't argue with that
>>
>>55721075
You're a pretty swell guy. I did actually see your response after just getting home but the caution is appreciated.

Your link looks like mine. Also, it does actually list optical out as a feature.

It's in the headphone jack. I didn't know either until plugging it in, the PC listed it as something automatically installed. Icing on the cake honestly. The value makes me feel like a shill for mentioning it.

>he does it for free
>>
Looking for headphones since old ones broke in mysterious circumstances.

>Budget
Up to 200€.
>Location
Finland
>Source
I got the Asus Z97-P mobo so whatever that has, in other words plugging it to my computer. Don't have any external DACs or amps or anything.
>Preferred type of headphone
No earbuds/IEMs. Over-ear or on-ear preferred.
>Open or closed
Doesn't matter that much, open probably for the better soundstage.
>Comfort level
Previous cans were pretty uncomfortable in the beginning but I got used to it. Still, would be nice not to fuck up my ears with long sessions.
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral's the way to go for me. Can live with warmth, but I don't want my bass boosted. No drastic changes.
>Past headphones
Shure SRH440.

Now, I've been looking at the Grado SR60e's and also the AKG Q701 since a local shop is selling them at 199€ instead of 499€. Been meaning to go give the AKG's a try in the shop.
>>
>Budget
$60
>Location
USA
>Source
Moto X 1, shitty desktop computer
on ear/over ear
>Open or closed
either
>Comfort level
Need to be good enough to wear for at least 4 hours at a time
>Preferred tonal balance
Doesn't really matter to me
>Past headphones
Turtle beach headset
>>
>>55722468
Grados aren't really neutral. If you like them, maybe neutrality matters less than you thought. DT880?
>>
>>55720754
This is true

And hd650 >hd600
>>
If you have to eq, get a different pair of headphones.
>>
>>55722815
Haven't tried the Grados but been hearing good things about them. Then again I've seen a shitload of fanboyism for the company and especially the 60 series.
DT880 Pro goes for about 218€ in a domestic online store. The 250 Ohm seems pretty high though, not sure if my computer would be able to juice them properly.
>>
>>55722054
>it sounds great to me as it is
The expression "if isn't broke, don't fix it" applies well here.

>>55721757
Channel matching is dealt with by EQ.

>>55720967
I don't know about the ZTE, but the HTC is competent at driving headphones directly.
>>
>>55722979
Grados come with treble. Their sound isn't meaty/heavy, it's lighter, more for rock genres than electronic. I hope to own a RS1 variant one day specifically for rock music.

What can you tell us about your experience with the SRH440?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mlflx2vJRO1qz4rgp.jpg (45KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mlflx2vJRO1qz4rgp.jpg
45KB, 500x359px
should i get the AKG 701s to be like my waifu Mio or are the 702s significantly better?
>>
>>55723033
I really liked them. They weren't very comfortable at first, pretty painful actually, the headband applied a lot of pressure to the top of my head and it resulted in headaches a lot in the first week or so IIRC. The clamp was OK, and the cups weren't deep enough for my ear, it scratched one part of my ear constantly and I sometimes had a scab on that spot. When it comes to audio quality, I thought they were great. Got them for 89€, pretty much nothing, and while I don't have a lot of experience in headphones, I gotta say they seemed very, very neutral. Fairly sensitive too, could hear a lot of small, minor details. Didn't appear to be emphasized in any way, bass wasn't boomy but it was accurate and had a presence. For under 100€ I'd definitely recommend them for sure, but they aren't very comfy. You can fit the cups from 840 into them, and a lot of people are saying it makes the seal better and in that way improves the audio quality and comfort but never got to try that myself.
>>
File: focusrite-scarlett-2i2-499116.jpg (990KB, 2331x1455px) Image search: [Google]
focusrite-scarlett-2i2-499116.jpg
990KB, 2331x1455px
ok guize, i know this thread is for headphones but i recently got this usb soundcard from my dad who had a spare. is it any good? currently driving my akg k240 studios with an integrated VIA something something on my p7p55d deluxe motherboard.

TL;DR not my pic but is it good for a pair of akg k240 studio?
>>
>>55722852
No.

HD600 > HD650 > HD598 = HD558 > HD518 > HD800 > HD700
>>
>>55723243
It's good.
>>55723093
They are the same thing, K701 comes with a neat stand, K702 has a detachable cable. Get the K701 for the weeb cred.
>>
>>55723093
K702 has detachable cable, otherwise they are the exact same headphone, pick whichever has bumpless headband for more comfort.
>>
>>55723025
>Channel matching is dealt with by EQ.
sure, if you want to EQ the channels independently.
>>
>>55723272
>>55723285
thank you both
>>
>>55723243
Yeah, not a bad amp/dac.
>>
Looking for a pair of headphones for my normie mom to use at her desk job.

>Budget
Less than $100

>Location
USA

>Source
Phone

Over ear

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
The more comfy the better

>Preferred tonal balance
Doesn't matter

>Past headphones
I recently bought her a TASCAM TH02 and replaced the pads with brainwavz replacements. While pretty comfortable the audio jack needs to be constantly fiddled with to get a clear connection. I don't know if they're just cheap, defective, or just her phone case blocking the jack but I'd like to buy her something a bit higher quality since the TH02s didn't work out.
>>
>>55722092
Exactly. Keep on using that eq freindo. You will get your desired sound in the end i'm sure.

Kepp on keeping on. Just keep on tweeking, but tweek some more :)
>>
>>55723093
You should stop being a wiaboo faggot and get headphones with actual weight behind the sound.
>>
Was it a good deal if i got Philips SHE3590 for 3.77$? I needed to buy some temporary earphones, because my SnaB Overtone EP-101M (actually good polish brand) refused to work anymore.
>>
Budget - About 100 dollars, nothing above 150$
Location - Murica
Source - Pluggins will be TRSS computer jack, Ipod nano, and a samsung glaxy s5
Type - Full sized
O/C - Either, what ever helps sound quality but note I will be playing in public a lot
Comfort - SHould be able to wear for extended periods of time without irritating or causing my ears to sweat balls
Tone -I would like something that can do good bass but still have nice sounding highs (I.e. good for EDM and can still play guitar at a good quality)
Past headphones - The best pair of headphones I've owned were the Corsair HS10s, I like their fit and their range and how they handled bass, I currently use basic apple headphones and while they get the job done I know there can be better
>>
>>55723243
Yeah it's pretty good for budget headphones. But keep in mind that if you have an AMD chipset you'll have to download older drivers.
>>
>>55721029
It's probably the best setup for that amount of money but you're still a fucking meme.
>>
>Budget
around $50,000
>Location
Germany
>Source
Mac Pro
Over ear
>Open or closed
open
>Comfort level
clouds
>Preferred tonal balance
neutral
>Past headphones
apple earpods

help me /hpg/
>>
Are the VE Monks a meme or what? reddit seems to be all over their dick and they're like 5 bucks a pair.
>>
File: 2672821_orig.jpg (178KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
2672821_orig.jpg
178KB, 425x282px
Looking for some advice. Just got a new job that requires me sitting at a cubicle all day, and I'm looking for something to drown out the sound of the office. Doesn't necessarily need to be noise cancelling though.

>Budget
$100-$250

>Location
Canada

>Source
Computer & phone. Wireless would be convenient.

Over-ear, if it's on-ear it better be really comfortable.

>Open or closed
Closed.

>Comfort level
11/10, wearing for 6-7 hours a day.

>Preferred tonal balance
Nothing extreme.

>Past headphones
Bunch of budget shit, and some really marked down Skullcandy SK Pros that press into my ear cartilage and hurt like a bitch after a couple of hours.
>>
>>55723703
Pro 80

>>55724341
HD558/598

>>55724632
Not sure if joker.

>>55724802
DTT770.
>>
>>55724802
I second >>55724862

The DT770 really do block out quite a lot.

The difference for me is between someone vacuuming in the room and someone vacuuming next door. YMMV. I have long hair, pads could be replaced with leather if you like, although this WILL change the sound and not necessarily for the better in your opinion. I stuck with stock.
>>
Tfw my SR325i pads are now crumbling ;_;
>>
tell me about stax, /hpg/ funposters
>>
>>55723025
the ZTE has similar specs and is coming out soon, but implementation is up in the air.

I guess my primary concern is..how far can $300 go in getting a DAC/amp instead of $600 to the HTC 10, in terms of SQ?
>>
>>55721029
Sauce on your amp engraving?
>>
>>55723835
That's lower than the usual price on those earphones, and the sound is serviceable, but you only shaved a few dollars off a product that was a few dollars to start with.

>>55725227
I suppose my answer to that question is not very much, aside the headroom and freedom to use your insensitive headphones.

A dedicated amplifier should have more current and voltage available to it. In general, you won't get much more than 1 volt with 32 ohm load out of a smartphone, and most don't do even that. Below the V/I limits, smartphones can be pretty damn good.
A lot of amplifiers screw up in ways that good smartphone audio won't. Higher noise floor and higher output impedance, that sort of thing.

Didn't get to examine the noise floor of HTC 10 carefully.
I can't think of a site that does a rigorous audio test on phones.
>>
>>55724862
The Pro 80s look interesting. Will definitely check them out, thanks.
>>
File: 1326490791166.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1326490791166.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>55720754
>>55721029
how different are the hd600s to the hd580? I got some and was thinking about swapping the grilles and new pads.
>>
>>55726046
Think they're just better constructed. I've heard of people just replacing 580 parts with 600 over time.

I believe there were different driver versions for either the 580 or 6x0 and also something to do with insulation foam as well, different colors indicating which.

It's been years so it's foggy but pretty much only bother changing for looks or comfort.

580s are nice, I like that more natural sound compared to the 650s
>>
I just ordered ATH-AD900X. I'm going to use them instead of my AKG K242HD. The AKG were good but too uncomfortable for how much I use them.

Have I done okay?
>>
>>55726222
think it's a bad idea to buy generic pads and/or cables from china? I was thinking these silver pads would look cool on them. I kind of like the design of the original grilles.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261887216497
>>
>>55726275
honestly both those headphones are not that good. not bad, but you could have done better IMO.
>>
>>55726297
Like what? For the future.
>>
>>55720699
Just bought some nvx xpt100's. How fucked am I?
>>
>>55726333
$150? you can get a 598 for that, or a k612. used you could even get a dt880, maybe even a k701 or something. all the open ath have a nobass problem, except for the r70x. I would take a 668b over them, unless you really like a mid-y bright headphone.
>>
>>55726283
Generic no-name mass-produced extension cords, probably not.

You'll probably be alright for something specifically made to use proprietary connectors.

Silver-plated copper cables might look nice with those pads also. Think they're about $35 at 1.2m.

Just don't get cables with braiding unless you want to hear everything they rub against like a stethoscope.

The foam probably won't be anything to write home about but my stock Beyer velour pads aren't exactly luxurious either. Should be just fine.

If they give you a headache just fully extend the headphones and put some books between them to loosen them a little.
>>
>>55722881
Head-Fi said that 200 headphone ago as well, because come on, that new headphone has to fix all the issues you had with last headphone we said to buy.

>>55725301
Doors of Durin, entrance into Moria (Lord of the Rings).

>>55726046
>580 and 600
Pads are identical, driver is(was?) the same, cable is the same.

They used to share the same material surrounding the driver, the black silk material controlling leakage, but this was replaced on the 600/650 by a silvery material after 580 production ended. That was about 10 years ago.
The grille and headband are more visibly different.
>>
>>55726283
What I meant to say >>55726508 was while large scale mass-produced no-name stuff from China has something of a bad name, things from individuals or smaller companies can still be quite nice although you may find better value and faster shipping from something more local.
>>
>>55726532
Thanks for filling in what I couldn't, you're a pal
>>
>>55726540
?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Plated-4N-OCC-Cable-For-Sennheiser-HD414-HD420-HD430-HD650-HD600-HD580-/252070060535
>>
>>55726574
I saw this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261805886725

I meant braiding as in braided sleeving. 4am mistake, sorry for any confusion.

Braided wires are fine, I quite like them. Up to you. You probably won't notice any difference in sound. Cables are negligible in that regard.

Was just thinking of your color scheme, since most out there are either black, copper (matches nothing but headphones with wood cups) or in some sort of cloth sleeves with pain in the ass microphonics.
>>
>>55726283
Any cable is fine, pads can be a delicate issue.
Earpads are known to change the sound on the 580/600/650, pad spacing contributes very much to treble quantity.

>>55725143
Mostly open-backed electrostatic headphones, which necessarily require specialized high voltage and high gain amplifiers with a separate bias voltage.
The Stax have less isolation and more leakage than even other open-backed headphones, if that concerns you.
The electrostatic headphones are grouped into Lambda and Omega based on design similarity to the SR-Λ (rectangular earcups) and SR-Ω (circular earcups). The 07 Lambdas are being phased out for the new L series, the current Omegas are the SR-007 mk2 (current version is referred to by users as mk2.5, officially identified by the SZ3 serial) and SR-009.

Stax headphones are known for something called a Stax fart. Unlike typical moving coil headphones, the Stax design is meant to be sealed airtight to the ear for extended bass. The diaphragm crinkles as you push the headphones on your head. It's not the only headphone with that principle of operation (see Audeze), but they're most known for it.
Stax headphones have other sealing issues. On paper, most Stax headphones are capable of very extended bass. They are very sensitive to leakage and fit, and the Lambda models can be more vulnerable to leak than the Omegas. In practice, not everyone gets the low bass that the Stax headphones can put out.

Stax keeps a general sound signature on most of the electrostatics. The notable outlier is the SR-007, much reduced upper-mid and treble compared to the rest of the line. Mk2 also has a port that increases some bass level at the expense of bass extension.
No particular boost until the typical Stax peaking at 1-1.5 kHz, then dropping down, The Lambdas have a local peak around 6 kHz, all Stax models have a stronger peak roughly around 10 kHz. Aside the ~10 kHz peaking, Stax don't have treble emphasis.
>>
>>55725774
So I figure I may as well get a phone then; I have MSR7s right now and those make the best of mid-level setups and I don't plan on buying a new pair of headphones for a while. Thanks for the input, anon.
>>
Should I buy the Sennheiser HD8 DJs or the Audio Technica ATH M70Xs?
>>
>>55727224
I meant, "Should I buy the Sennheiser HD 8 DJs or the Audio Technica ATH-M70Xs?".
>>
Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?"
>>
>>55727257
Have a nap and drink some water, anon.
>>
>>55727272
x = faggots
>>
>>55724632
USB PYST
Schiit Yggdrasil
XLR PYST
Schiit Ragnarok
Beats Pro
>>
>>55720699
>Yotsuba listens to dubstep.png
>>
>>55727587
stop letting people know of the greatest audio chain offered to mankind
>>
File: pdt_22019.png.png (136KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
pdt_22019.png.png
136KB, 450x350px
/hpg/, noob here.

I shouldn't compare open with closed right?
So does that mean that I shouldn't take Final Audio VI and weigh them against HD800 or LCD-2?
I know that all of these don't need much amping to run, and it's all just preference.
I know that they all work with this Creative E5 amp/dac that I have.

It's impossible to try all of these. I get a bit tired from trying out the HD800 for some reason (EQ solves that problem).
Is it like that with the other 2 btw? I intend get a decent of cans for indoor listening and maybe some gaymin'.
>>
do you use any audio enhancing software? apparently windows 8.1 does not have a general equalizer.
>>
File: how that eq looks.jpg (44KB, 862x619px) Image search: [Google]
how that eq looks.jpg
44KB, 862x619px
>>55728283
This E5 dac/amp has equalizer function built in. I think I dialed down maybe -2db at 8k.

(this is the EQ I am using for the M-100. Yes, my taste is pretty blargh)
>>
>Budget
~$300 or less

>Location
USA

>Source
Computer

Over the ear

>Open or closed
Always had closed, but open curious

>Comfort level
More comfy the better

>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral

>Past headphones
Bass amp skul candies, steelseries gaming headset, gumy earbuds
>>
>>55728358
DT 880 or X2 unless you want to pop your budget up a bit to get the HD650
>>
>>55728386
Not that anon. Should I consider getting a used pair of 650 at under 300 instead if my preference is the same?
>>
>>55728401
If they work good, sure. You can get replacement pads for cheap.
>>
>>55728266
Have no direct experience with the Final, but LCD 2 is tiring in the physical sense that I can't bear wearing it for longer than an hour or two due to the weight.
>>
File: Headphonesandaudioshit.jpg (323KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Headphonesandaudioshit.jpg
323KB, 2000x2000px
>>55720699
>>
File: 1449989534516.jpg (95KB, 576x548px) Image search: [Google]
1449989534516.jpg
95KB, 576x548px
>>55728358
K702 + fiio e10k
>>
>>55722054
There is no way to improve the HD600's pitiful soundstage and one-note bass because these properties are inherent to the driver's limitation.
>>
File: IM70.jpg (971KB, 1911x1303px) Image search: [Google]
IM70.jpg
971KB, 1911x1303px
How do I keep my IM70s from completely breaking apart? sorry about garbage image quality
>>
>>55729575
What the fuck did you do?
I've had my IM50 with the stock cable for two years and I throw them into my bag when I'm not using them, yet they're still fine after all this time.
>>
Best headphone for around $2,500 budget?
>>
>>55729834
Edition X
>>
>>55726404
>fucked

You made a good choice. The ear pads on those headphones are amazing. There comfort is great and they're so easy to listen to because of how neutral they are.

I also like all the extras you get like the extra pair of ear pads, the ear cups that pop off and the twist and lock ear pads and carrying case you get. It's a steal for $80
>>
File: 1469007483143.jpg (669KB, 3072x2300px) Image search: [Google]
1469007483143.jpg
669KB, 3072x2300px
FLAC Internet radio:
mpv https://chiru.no:8081/stream.flac

Playing denpa in the Free Lossless Audio Codec format
>>
>>55727587
just ordered, thanks!
>>
>>55724590
Explain why i'm a meme you cunt.
>>
>>55730304
It's as generic as it gets.
>>
>>55730297
Don't forget to get a Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable to replace the crappy stock cable that comes with the Beats.
>>
>>55730269
>>
File: レーベル.jpg (3MB, 1436x1420px) Image search: [Google]
レーベル.jpg
3MB, 1436x1420px
SACD music collection that I'm currently seeding

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=825807
>>
File: 1364606494521.gif (622KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
1364606494521.gif
622KB, 500x302px
>>55730371
Neat.
What's the saddest piano you got anon?
>>
File: 1467725115284.jpg (11KB, 283x302px) Image search: [Google]
1467725115284.jpg
11KB, 283x302px
>>55730371
>150-400mb average
>>
I JUST WANNA
BE THE LEADER
READY TO WIN YOU
FOREVER
AT FULL SPEED STEP ON THE GAS TONIGHT
IT'S ALRIGHT

GOT THE FIRE OF THE GRAND PRIX
GRIPPIN MY STEERING WHEEL SO TIGHT
GONNA BE A LUCKY GRAND PRIX
READY TO CROSS THE LINE IN THE END
>>
I understand it's frowned upon, but if you're looking for workout headphones the JBL E40 Bluetooth headphones are really nice. Durable construction and a snug grip, and no wire wile still keeping a great sound
>>
Have any of you tried these headphones? I've heard that they're surprisingly good for their price.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8323
>>
>>55730323
If the 'best setup for the money' is generic who gives a shit? I love the sound, and besides when have you ever seen an 'o stack', never mind one with a custom logo etched into it.

What non generic setup up do you have? I can't wait for this.
>>
>>55730526
They're ok.
>>
>>55730543
If you love the sound and you love how it looks. I don't think it should matter what people say about you, friend.

Besides, I think you're better off posting in the head-fi thread for portable gear if you want to show off lol

They gots lots of stacks
>>
>>55730577
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi
>>
>>55730577
I'm posting my setup in the same way that others do here. I don't go to head-fi. I'm sorry I triggered you.

Now, are you going to answer my question?
>>
>>55730603
ah, sorry, I wasn't that anon btw. I think you need to calm down a bit. Go for a walk outside. Enjoy the sun
>>
>>55730626
I'm very hungover and just realized that your a different guy. Sorry. The sun is the last thing I want right now.
>>
>>55730636
oh dude, don't even worry about it. it happens, lol

I'd say the last thing you need right now is arguing with people on the internet anyways if you're hungover
>>
>>55730656
I'm not really bothered, i'm just chilling out listening to music. I just assumed you was the other guy. Saying someone goes to head-fi is usually an insult here lol. I don't go there but I suspect that most people who mock it are jealous poor fags.
>>
>>55728266
You should compare headphones that you are planning to use in the same way. If you are planning to buy a headphone for seated indoor listening then consider everything you think would be good. I would not consider iem for at home listening because I don't need the isolation and don't find iem as comfortable vs full-sized.
>>
File: P1090735.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1090735.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
ZmfxVibro v2
Burson HA 160
>>
File: P1090299.jpg (747KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
P1090299.jpg
747KB, 1280x960px
With my ZmfxVibro I got also a Yamaha yh100
>>
>>55730543
You can get a STAX Lambda for the same amount of money which is infinitely better than the HD600. You get actual bass definition for once.

Or heck, even the K7xx is better.
>>
>>55729834
STAX SR-009 probably.
>>
>>55731293
>SR-009
>$2500
>>
>budget
sub $50
>location
new zealand
>source
smartphone
>pref. type
iems
>comfort level
can wear for a decent few hours on end, nothing more than 8 or so hours probably
>tonal balance
v shaped/balanced
>past experience
all shite

considering the zero audio carbon tenores atm
>>
>>55731223
Never seen those before. They look good. Are they?
>>
>>55731436
too bad wikifaust3d is down, there's a good article about the YH100, with all the detail you want :/

From headfi :

"The YH-100 and its predecessor, the frighteningly rare/expensive YH-1000, were flagship or statement models and not really part of a line as such; rather they represented a summation of everything Yamaha had learned up to that point, including how to hit the maximum on the cost/benefit curve, as you'll see."

http://www.head-fi.org/products/yamaha-yh-100/reviews/8376
>>
File: P1090466.jpg (489KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
P1090466.jpg
489KB, 1280x960px
same guy here, I also mod T50RP
>>
>>55731561
I forgot to add this link : http://www.head-fi.org/t/111193/orthodynamic-roundup

If you want more inforamtions
>>
File: P1090302.jpg (812KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
P1090302.jpg
812KB, 1280x960px
>>55731436
I also got the little brother Yamaha HP1
>>
Is getting expensive headphones worthless if you're going to be using them on a 3DS/Vita?
>>
>>55732111
Yes. Don't bother. get iems, the piston 3's.
>>
>>55732111
You need low impedance headphone.

>>55732176
+1 for IEM
>>
>>55732111
No.
Price does not relate to electrical loads.

>>55728283
Equalizer APO, a parametric EQ. Parametric EQ goes way beyond the less flexible EQs typically packed with devices.

>>55729834
Template.
>>
>>55731279
>You get actual bass definition for once.
The what?
>>
>>55731212
I bet Head-Fi told you this is a good pairing so you went for it.

>>55732111
What >>55732244 said. If you replace 'expensive' with 'high quality', then you need to ask this question from yourself only as it depend how much you value good sound.
>>
hi /hpg/
>Budget
$200
>Location
USA
>Source
Laptop
Over Ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
A happy medium between comfort and sound quality is alright. Will be wearing for ~4 hrs at a time usually
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
MDR 7506

ty
>>
>>55732727
Something wrong with the MDR-7506?
>>
>>55732727
AKG K553 pro
>>
>>55732734
I liked them but they were stolen from me

>>55732740
thanks anon
>>
>>55732794
>I liked them but they were stolen from me
They'd be my rec within your criteria.
>>
Yesterday I was wearing some headset working the camera and after two hours my ears felt very painful, even a half hour after when I took off the headset.

I wear glasses and the only comfy headphones I had were the Sony XB headphones with the large plush balck pads.

I wear glasses and wonder what is a very comfy pair of headphones?
>>
>>55732831
hd600, most akg's etc
>>
>>55733562
>HD600
no just no
>>
>>55720699
What does /g/ thinks about superlux681(not evo,the flat ones)?Are they good for production and maybe even listening(but its not that important) or there are better alternatives?
>>
>>55733617
Its a chinese knockoff of the K240
>>
>>55733642
So are they good or not if I can't spend the money for k240?
>>
>>55732698
No,

I got the AMP/DAC on this forum http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/AchatsVentes/audio-video/liste_sujet-1.htm

I bought it to pair my Yamaha HP 1 and YH100.

Why Burson ? Because I use to mod sound card and put Burson OP-AMP ( burson Burr Brown 1792A ).

The ZMFxVibro came way later when I was modding a few T50RP, the next step was to modify the cup. Because I didn't had the time (PHD) I switched to the already modded ZMFxVibro.

So no, nobody told and tell me how to pair my headphone with my DAC/AMP
>>
>>55733617
It's good for it's price, that all
>>
>>55733714
but what is the best bang for the buck or around that price?
>>
>>55733724
the best bang for the buck at such a low price it might be the superlux ones. So it's between the HD681 and HD688 B
>>
>>55733773
I can give ~20$ more in case there is something better and these are for producing right?Also how can I tell which one is better 681 and 688b?
>>
>>55733801
If you have a dedicated soundcard you can go for a Yamaha YH2 or HP2.
They're orthodynamic so demand a bit of power to be driven.

They come at $50 - $60 on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Yamaha-YH-2-Orthodynamic-Headphones-/252296751492

If you want a new headphone check the

JVC HARX700
Sennheiser HD 429

Still the superlux ones are very good for their price, it's not a risky buy.
>>
>>55720699
Saw HD380 pros at a second hand store for 62$ no cable.

Worth it?
>>
>>55733801
I forgot to answer to your second question :

to me the 668B is bette
>>
>>55733576
erm, they're the most comfortable headphone i've ever owned and i've tried multiple akg's and beyers etc.

The clamp is tight at first but it softens over time, you can also stretch the metal to tweak them instantly if you want. They're god tier m8.
>>
>>55733697
m8 hes being a cunt because he's poor.

Anything different or expensive on here is frowned upon by some. When they get confused they cry 'head-fi'

Ignore him.
>>
>>55729834
Dude, I don't mean to ruin your expectations, but don't think that a headphone of that price will blow everything else out of the window. 300$ is the price where diminishing return usually starts for headphones. Most hugh end heapdhones are jokes. With hal of that budget you could treat your room and get yourself a couple of great speakers such as the YAMAHA HS8.
>>
>>55733957
>>55733885
>sennheiser
wew lad no
>>
>>55734142
The akg fags back then. How pathetic
>>
>>55734168
No one said AKG sennfag but you
>>
>>55734179
nice try schlomo, keep up the agenda.
>>
File: 1452395359137.jpg (25KB, 552x594px) Image search: [Google]
1452395359137.jpg
25KB, 552x594px
>>55734168
>>55734202
>Subliminaly knows AKG is better
noice
>>
>>55734242
That's my face when I actually upgraded FROM akg's lmao. Keep looking up nigga. Keep looking up.
>>
>>55733697
Why do you people keep writing amp entirely capitalized?
Burr Brown (owned by Texas Instruments) 1792A is a Digital-Analog Converter chip, not an operational amplifier. Burson does make their own op amps, and you can find better options than those.

>>55731279
With the 2170 system being discontinued, not new.
>>
>>55732665
Not surprised you HD600 fags do not know what good bass entails.
>>
>>55734411
>says the ayylmao nobass akg fan
>>
>Budget
around 30-40$
>Location
South-eastern Europe
I don't have any preferrance just want to get the best thing I can for that money
>Open or closed
Closed preferably but it doesn't really matter.
>Comfort level
>Preferred tonal balance
>Past headphones
I had 681evo but they were too small and heavy for my head so Its really important for them to have a adjustable headband ,to not be too tight gripping and to not be too heavy.Also 681evo were NO BASS.
Also in case it might be important my favorite genres are classic and ambient but I listen and explore all type of music so would be nice if they are not NO BASS like 681evo.Also I bought them because someone here said they have enough bass and I still regret it to this day.
>>
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-akg-k7xx-red-edition

are these worth?
>>
>>55734411
You avoided the question when I didn't mention anything about any brand. Let's try again, what on earth is "bass definition" and to continue, how and why does the Stax Lambda do it better than HD 600 for example.
>>
File: 1460222763133.png (114KB, 1152x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460222763133.png
114KB, 1152x1200px
>>55734851
Yes
No
Maybe
>>
>>55734854
Just compare their measurements, especially in the distortion and 30Hz square waves. That should answer your question.
>>
>>55735012
Inaudible levels of harmonic distortion in bass is worth nothing and I'd rather look at the FR which tells me the exact thing as square waves plus a lot more. The real difference they have is in the magnitude response which is easily correctable with equalization. Lambda is finicky with leak and can show significant sub bass roll off with improper fit, which is individual. With no pad leak and when comparing stock responses, Lambdas do have better extension with less roll off.

Personally I put very little emphasis on the lowest octave in overall sound signature of headphones. And none when its still well in the pass band of the headphone as you can simply EQ it to whatever you want.
>>
>>55734142
Uh for 62$ I'd say fuck yes unless they are fucked in some way.
>>
>>55734851
yes they are great
>>
File: prod_tmf5c6.jpg (7KB, 224x150px) Image search: [Google]
prod_tmf5c6.jpg
7KB, 224x150px
Hello /g/uys
french fag here

>Budget
30€ (~30$)

>Location
France

>Source
laptop (usb)

over ear

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
i'll be wearing these for hours

>Preferred tonal balance
neutral

>Past headphones
logitech h800
>>
>>55735240
>Inaudible levels of harmonic distortion in bass is worth nothing

Stopped reading there. No point arguing with ignorant people who are convinced that the HD600 are the best headphones have to offer.
>>
>>55734536
Wasn't the 681 Evo supposed to be bass heavy version, with much more bass than the bright and rolled off bass on the 681?
Possible explanations:

It doesn't fit, therefore no bass.
The headphone is defective, something is loose inside. There are a few times I've had to push headphone drivers into place to get the proper bass level. This can even happen in both channels.
>>
>>55731279
>You can get a STAX Lambda for the same amount of money which is infinitely better than the HD600
Are you fucking retarded, m8?

The SR-207 is colored as fuck. The FR is garbage. They are bright and sound like shit. They are only good with DF equalization applied to them.

The Ety ER-4 is the only easily acquired headphone that beats the HD600 in sound quality.
>>
>>55735849
akg K52
However I would recommend saving because you wont really find any good closed backs under $50 but if you want a headphone now go for the K52
>>
>>55736028
>ear dildos
>better than anything
the HD600 and the ear dildos are both shit
>>
>>55736061
If they're shit then headphones on the whole are shit, because those are the best they've got to offer atm.
>>
>>55736039
Ok
Thank you
i guess i'll save more and buy a better one
>>
>>55735871
And I won't bother arguing with people who assume ridiculous things. Just for the record I don't think that, I don't own the HD 600 and I never have. I thought this would be useless to mention as it didn't have any bearing in the discuss but apparently I thought wrong.
>>
>>55736086
t. poorfag
>>
>>55736061
If you think the hd600's are shit then i'd love to know which headphones you own.
>>
has anyone here heard the elear? what would you say about its sound compared to the hd600, hd650, or other ~$1000 headphones like the HD800?
>>
>>55736745
I'm more interested in the Utopia since their Be speaker lineup with the beryllium tweeters sounds pretty good.
>>
>>55736028
>SRS-2170
>製造終了品
A translation:the model is no longer in production. The only 07 lambda still made is the SR-507.
Curiously enough, Stax has no separate entry for the SR-207 headphone, only the headphone+amp pair.

>>55736745
>has anyone here heard the elear?
Probably not.
Focal recalled the Elear and Utopia very quickly after its initial release. It hasn't had time on the market.
>>
>Budget
$200
>Location
US
>Source
PC(motherboard audio outputs are dead)
over
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
durabilty over comfort
>Preferred tonal balance
i have no idea
>Past headphones
sure 220 series earbuds
shitty gamer shit (logitect g930)
2008 ipod earbuds
>>
>>55736933
>Focal recalled the Elear and Utopia very quickly after its initial release.
do you know why?
>>
File: 233.jpg (70KB, 963x1010px) Image search: [Google]
233.jpg
70KB, 963x1010px
Are portapros just memeheadphones or is there actually any merit with them?
>>
>Budget
150 eur flexible up to 200
>Location
Netherlands
>Source
Laptop
Over ear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
comfy pref non (fake) leather
>Preferred tonal balance
something between neutral and bassy leaning more to neutral
>Past headphones
Urbanites (got stolen that's why I'm buying new ones)
DT 350 (waiting for these to arrive)
DT 990 250 ohm
shitty razer headset for vidya
samsung S7 stock earbuds (using these at work atm)
apple in-ear (broken)
>>
>>55737201
when i had my pair they sounded really good for the money, i paid £19 though
>>
>>55737282
Did you lose them or something or why the past tense? Just curious.
>>
>>55736415
lel, I'm on the speaker game now son
>>
>>55737083
I had heard of production and reliability concerns with the Elear. Focal has recalled their initial Elear batch.
I have not heard of issues affecting the Utopia, but it has been pulled from the stores. I can only guess that Focal was taking a precaution, similar production or components perhaps.
>>
Sennheiser 598HD. I've had these for about a year. I'm not entirely sure if I should go for a FiiO.
Warning: this may sound pretty pleb as fuck

I've been using my Focusrite Scarlett Solo (as a mic input for XLR stage mic, obviously) as a headphone input. I'm not sure if this reduces the quality of the sound. I'm kind of dumb when it comes to audio components in relation to desktops.

All I'm asking is:
1] Do I buy a FiiO? Money is no issue within the range of $70-$170[CAD].
2] Do I NOT buy a dedicated headphone amp? (Will the quality be increased by the amp, or does that rely on the soundcard of the desktop, etc)
3] If not the first two, what's my best option for getting intended quality from these headphones?

I apologise if any of my questions are intrusive to this general. I'm not intending to cause any interference - I'm just a curious /g/ayboy
>>
>>55738546
FiiO products are cheap garbage with flawless sound.

The Scarlett Solo is better than any FiiO garbage.
>>
Thoughts on the 800S? Any idea how bad the diminishing returns will be?
>>
>>55739607

What do you currently have? It's all relative. Once you're at a certain point the headphones sound different but they aren't clearly better than one another. Just different sound signatures.
>>
>>55739845
A 400i sourced through an O2. Heard some good things about the Ether Flows as well but I can't help but feel the opinions are just shills who got a free preview.
>>
>>55739607
>HD 800 S
It's an HD 800 minus a little bit of 6kHz peak, plus distortion.

While I would normally tend to be more generous about pricing, I see it as a very sketchy proposition. Design wise, it's the same headphone with a half hearted reduction of the 6kHz rise. Senn could have done better if they had considered an RLC tuning filter.
Whether you actually care about the distortion, the 800 goes for 1000 USD compared to the 1700 dollars for the 800S. The parametric EQ that you can better use to sculpt the response to your taste is a free digital EQ, or a few hundred dollars less than the price differences for an outboard equalizer.

>>55740025
Preliminary measurements paint it as reduced in treble from the already slightly treble reduced Ether, with less than neutral bass.

>>55736998
The DT 770 pro is an option.
>>
>>55740065
Thanks for the input!
>>
>>55740292
I'll give you some input ;)
>>
Any headphone stand recommendations? For use with hd558 and maybe mdrv6. Just hate having them laying on my desk. Something simple and aesthetic
>>
>>55738589
>cheap garbage
>flawless sound
So...?
>>
>>55739607
The only flagship worth considering since no other companies bothered to make an actual worthwhile competitor.
>>
>>55740065
>plus distortion.
why do people always say this as if it's significant? are you going to go around and say the hd650 also have high distortion?
>>
>>55741904
It's cheap and provides flawless sound, but the build quality is garbage.
>>
please recommend a music player
>>
>>55736028
>The SR-207 is colored as fuck.

Have you even heard one? The most colored STAX is the SR-007 family and there is a good reason why it failed in the market.
>>
>>55743158
>i pull shit out of my ass
>>
File: headphones.gif (421KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
headphones.gif
421KB, 1920x1080px
Currently using H2100 for sound and mic.

I have Koss PortaPro and a stone age Logitech mic, the non-USB version of the later (famous?) model as seen in picture but realized I rarely used them as much as I should and that I want something bigger for longer sittings than the Portas

I'm using a receiver to power the PortaPro since it's closer than the built in soundcard from where I sit.
It's connected using optical to the speakers and well...

TL;DR Watch image.

What kind of headphones at a $0-$150 range would you consider good for a person that likes everything from instrumental to metal.
Bass isn't a priority since the Portas does that well enough.

>>55742992
Foobar

Install the Game Emu Player plugin if you want to play to the old video game songs in lossless at 100x smaller filesize than encoded rips.
>>
Day 300000000000 of waiting for hifiman 350
Save me
>>
>>55743360
Sasuga Massdrop
>>
>>55743231
that's a nice software. so much customization possibility. thanks anon
>>
File: hp.jpg (160KB, 1960x1102px) Image search: [Google]
hp.jpg
160KB, 1960x1102px
>>55743683
Godspeed into your listening night, anon.
>>
File: IMG_20160725_124019.jpg (1MB, 1216x1643px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160725_124019.jpg
1MB, 1216x1643px
New toy for the HD800S. Should be better than O2 or Magni. :^)
>>
>>55736027
Maybe its bass heavy compared to 681 but otherwise the """bass""" sounds and feels like shit.
>It doesn't fit
They did fit fine
>The headphone is defective, something is loose inside. There are a few times I've had to push headphone drivers into place to get the proper bass level. This can even happen in both channels.
I don't know really I tried a lot of things to fix them and even changed their pads but didn't work and they are broken now anyway.Also like I said in my post they are too small and heavy for me so I would prefer something else.
>>
>>55743834
dank expectation bias
>>
>>55743834
Should have gotten a HA-1.
>>
>>55744058
>grainy digital sound
gross
>>
>>55744058
I don't feel comfortable spending that much on chink shit. Literally all my audio stuff is American, European and Japan made.
>>
T70p over DT880 yay or nay. To be used with a ODAC
>>
>>55744313
Fuck no.
>>
>>55722639
HD 518
>>
>>55734536
PLEASE RESPOND
>>
File: hpg_setup.png (12KB, 1400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hpg_setup.png
12KB, 1400x400px
>>55723033
The really impressive thing about Grados, in my opinion, is how tight everything sounds. Granted, I only have the HD 518 and ATH-M40x to compare against, but the sound for the price of Grados is phenomenal. The bass is weak, but there's no looseness and everything sounds vibrant and alive.
>>
>>55744974
>player
XM-Play
>DAC
Whatever is on the SoundBlaster Audigy 2
>amp
Whatever is on the SB Audigy 2 / built into the HP vs17e
>headphones
Sony MDR-XZ100

This will make everybody who is serious about audio equipment cry.
>>
File: hpgmystuff.png (230KB, 1400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hpgmystuff.png
230KB, 1400x400px
>>55745007
>tfw mine's probably worse
>>
>>55745017
>winamp
I don't like the interface much
>SB XiFi
not bad, but mine was from a recycling yard and has the Creative Live! Drive with it.
>tube amp
What is it with people and tube amps? They don't change the sound much else than giving a delay and heating the room. I've got a tube radio and a tube television, trust me, they're not worth what I paid for them.
>whatever headphones those are
imo all headphones sound the same, aside from the $200 """high quality""" ones which sound like complete trash to me.

I almost always use the speakers built into the HP vs17e monitor, but on the rare occasion I need headphones, the Sony pair is more than adequate.
>>
>>55745017
>grados
>tube amps
why
>>
>>55720699

Budget: 200-300$
Source: USB
Pref: Full
Type: I can deal with Open, but I think I'd like a closed.
Comfort: High, I have a pair that gets kind of hot/bothers the top of my head/hair
Tonal: Neutral/v-shaped
Past: I've had low-end Turtle Beach headphones. X12s in their Xbox360 headsets.

My headphones work but are falling apart so I'm looking for an upgrade. There is also some horrible static feedback in voice chat/recordings - its low but present. The headphones will be mostly used for gaming, so a mic would be nice but not exactly necessary.

I was looking into the Steelseries Siberia 350 earlier, but thought I should ask before buying.
>>
>>55745056
Yeah, the soundcard was just a cheap upgrade over integrated audio (which is shit).

Besides being a tube amp, it pushes a lot of power for its price. I'm not sure there's a pair of headphones it couldn't power.

>>55745083
To watch the world burn,

But really, it's not that bad. Grados are really good with rock, and the tube really pushes mid-bass which helps round out the sound.
>>
>>55745120
Honestly, what's wrong with a digital amp? I've got an old stereo amp from something like the 80s around here somewhere which has literally powered a mall stereo by itself before. I'll have to look for it one of these days, probably in my attic somewhere.

Only reason I have mine is because of the 1394 I get from having it.

I still have to switch over to the RealTek HD on the occasion that the recycled SBA2 dies or doesn't want to work today, and I don't notice any differences.
>>
>>55743834
>being so weeb that his equipment also has to be Japanese

Not gonna lie I find your autism admirable.
>>
>>55745113
AKG K702 + Fiio e10k
>>
File: Shit_taste_2nd_episode.jpg (213KB, 1356x768px) Image search: [Google]
Shit_taste_2nd_episode.jpg
213KB, 1356x768px
>>
>>55742543
there appears to be some moderate positive correlations between the amount of THD measured in the headphones and their sound quality rating

>>55743192
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/StaxSR207SB2217.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/StaxSR007.pdf
>>
>>55736027
the evo is a bass monster. it's the bassiest headphone I own. It's actually really good for what it is, and it has much less offensive treble than it's siblings without being totally rolled off. it is a basshead headphone though, like twice as much bass as the x2 which is already a bit too bassy for me.
>>
>>55737201
they're really good for a beginner, someone looking to mod, or someone looking for something really light that won't touch glasses frames. I just recently put hd414 pads on mine and I really like it.
>>
>>55720699
hey guys, what's your opinion on chinese headphones?

any good wireless chinese headphones?

also i was wondering what the best headset is??

im pretty sure noise isolation = noise cancellation tbhfam

bose, sennhesier and beyedynamic sucks
>>
>>55741774
plz
>>
Anyone have experience with UiiSii HM7's? Looking for sub-$20 IEM's.

Also what's /hpg/'s opinion on audiobudget.com?
>>
>>55737258
Anyone?
>>
>>55747692
not really a recommendation, but you can buy a banana holder and be done with it instead of spending 30+ usd on a glorified block of wood.
>>
>>55737258
I would say go for the akg k7xx or 702 annies (they're almost essentially the same), but I don't know how bad international shipping is for massdrop.

If you can find akg k702 annies for cheap, that'd be your best bet for your preferred tonal balance.
>>
>>55744013
By fit, I mean an airtight seal.
The problem is that a properly fit 681 evo ought to have more bass than most other headphones.

>>55747763
>audiobudget.com
The measurements are not useful in terms of accuracy.
These aren't exactly detailed and informative reviews.

>>55748373
DT770 seems the nearest fit. Kind of a bassy/V profile to it.
>>
>>55748485
Sadly these are open back. How much do they leak? Since I don't want the whole office to also enjoy my music.
>>
File: 1377852696821.jpg (26KB, 403x539px) Image search: [Google]
1377852696821.jpg
26KB, 403x539px
Budget: Max £80
Source: PC, Record Player, Guitar Amp
Pref: Over Ear
Type: Either
Comfort: Yes please, my current ones are painful after 2 hours wearing
Tonal: Neutral to Bassy
Past: Sennheiser HD 202, served me well but need an upgrade
>>
>>55748897
ah, my bad, friend. I just assumed you would be using them for home usage. The sound leakage is what you would expect from open-backed headphones and everyone will hear what you listen to.

I can't think of any other headphone in that price range for what you want off the top of my head. I'm sorry. ;A;
>>
>>55749040
Gonna snatch them anyways for at home. They look really comfy and the freq response etc look pretty good.
>>
>>55743158
No, but I heard other Lambdas, they suck.
>>55743834
I wish I could be a dumb audiophile and enjoy placebo products too ;_;
>>
>>55749051
I think massdrop has it up for about 182 euro. I live in the states so I'm not too sure if international shipping (they use a freight forwarding thing) will be expensive or not, but I hope you enjoy them!
>>
>>55749371
on sale for 170 eur at some Dutch stores.
>>
File: tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif (762KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif
762KB, 245x150px
>listening to music with good headphones and equalized music for the first time in years

what have I been doing to myself?
>>
>>55749884
Enjoy the wild ride of chasing that amazement high, looking for better and better audio quality. I'm currently at $250 headphones and soon upgrading to probably HD650 or possibly Beyer's T90 after I give each a listen.
>>
>>55749884
what setup do you have bruh?
>>
Would it be better to buy a headset for home and for outside? I'm thinking of wanting an overall good set, but I have no idea if it's beneficial to just get 2.
>>
>>55750645
That's how I roll. Closed back cans for outside, commute, etc., open back for home listening. Depends on your budget.
>>
File: 1448805754734.png (192KB, 388x388px) Image search: [Google]
1448805754734.png
192KB, 388x388px
M-Audio HDH50s or AKG K553 Pros?
>>
>Budget
200 - 300 pounds
>Location
UK
>Source
Laptop, Phone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
HIGH
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral, not too much bass. NOISE BLOCKING though is the most important thing. I don't even care that much about the sound quality as long as it lets me enjoy peaceful plane or train journeys.
>Past headphones
Irrelevant
>>
>>55751374
DT770 or DT 770 M (even better isolation)
>>
File: 1452191007984.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452191007984.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
I've been using my K240DFs for like, six years now, but I still don't have any sort of amp. Should I just switch to different headphones or finally buy an amp for these? I don't want to spend a load of money, so.
>>
>>55752250
>works perfectly fine for 6 years

Why the sudden interest in an amp? It won't make a difference.
>>
File: 1461899102249.png (382KB, 630x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461899102249.png
382KB, 630x720px
>>55752314
Because these things are 600ohms so they can be rather quiet, even when I've got the volume on my computer turned all the way up. I'm not getting all I could out of them. I've wanted to buy some sort of amp for years but just haven't. I've been listening to a lot of music (and playing piano) lately, so my interest has been rekindled. It's down to finding and buying some sort of cheap preamp or just buying a new pair of headphones.

I originally bought the K240DFs because I got a good price on them, but everybody says they sound great with proper amplification, which I do not have.
>>
>>55751374
ATH MSR7
>>
>>55751374
If you really just want the steady noise gone and don't like in-ears, the Bose ANC sets (QC25 and 35) are an option.

>>55752250
An amplifier is there to boost the signal. Ideally with negligible coloration.
>Should I just switch to different headphones
Do you not like the K240DF?
>I don't want to spend a load of money, so
>everybody says they sound great with proper amplification
Anything with a decent amount of voltage to it works. Vintage AKG is insensitive, and that's the only challenge to it.
Magni is more than plenty for it. So is a cheap secondhand speaker amp.
>>
>>55748934
help me senpai
>>
>>55750645
Personally prefer in-ears for mobile. Much smaller and much easier to stow away.

>>55751106
I don't know the M-Audio set, but the K553 is a bad design.

>>55752631
Brainwavz HM5.
>>
>>55752379
Didn't realize they were 600ohm, Schiit Magni 2 is $119 on amazon and it's what most would recommend here for an amp. The other alternative Objective2 is just as good but it outputs less power.
>>
>>55753206
Is Amazon the only seller for the Brainwavz? Also is there a more bassy option? I'm being told they are more suited to gaming rather than music
>>
is there a good budget amp/DAC or am i just going to have to spend over $100 for something like that?
>>
>>55753325
MP4nation does as well, at a noticeable premium above Amazon. Brainwavz keeps a list of resellers on their site.
NVX XPT100 is basically the same thing, not sure about UK availability.

>I'm being told they are more suited to gaming rather than music
???
They're already on the bassy side as it is.

>>55753697
Fiio gear, dongle DAC/amps (Schiit Fulla, Audioquest dragonfly)
>>
>>55753838
thank you
>>
>>55753838
alrighty thanks for the help anon, appreciate it
>>
>>55750398
Not him but I have the hd600 and the odac. I'm done now and I actually mean it. There's nowhere to go unless I spend the kind of money that could get me a decent second hand car. Fuck that.
>>
File: 20160725_185044.jpg (729KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160725_185044.jpg
729KB, 2048x1152px
Is there a name for this type of headphone cable
>>
>>55755755
coax
>>
Is the HD600 really worth $65 AUD more than the 598? I've been mulling over getting one of the two for home use
>>
>>55755843
Yes.

HD600 has better and clearer bass.
Better upper midrange and treble.
Lower distortion.
Less susceptible to high output impedance sources changing the sound.
>>
>Budget
$130 tops
>Location
Outside US, will be shipping to miami and brought over by a friend
>Source
Notebook / Desktop
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Most comfortable possible in my poorfag budget
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
Some sandnigger shit, they make pressure on my ears, thus getting uncomfortable in long sessions, and since I use glasses, they sometimes pressure my ear against the temples, making me wonder how I didn't throw these shits outside the window yet.
>>
>>55756036
Forgot to add, I'm mostly considering the NVX XPT100, but maybe someone had an opinion about that choice
>>
Does anybody know anything about the Plantronics Backbeat Sense? I want to give wireless a shot for when I'm not at a desktop and these are getting good reviews and have nice features.
>>
>>55752611
I don't know what the previous anon classifies as high comfort but MSR7 is not comfy for long if you have big ears that touch the driver.

If only the padding was a little thicker
>>
So I just bought a pair of K240's and I've been listening them through my laptops headphone jack. Should I invest in a dac? I know built in dacs aren't good, but I'm not sure it's worth the investment on something like k240's.
>>
>>55750435
nothing amazing
an nvx xpt100 running music from foobar.
this is a great improvement from $10 headphones and listening to music from youtube
>>
/hpg/, what can I expect from Audioquest Nighthawk? Are they just warm and mushy?
>>
Can anyone recommend me some desktop speakers just don't know at all what to go for

$150ish

powered speakers

anything generally pleasant sounding preferably neutral or V shaped

just want something decent its been really hot and wearing my phones has been suffering
>>
>Budget
100-200 $
>Location
Philippines (please no hate)
>Source
Smartphone and PC
>Type of Headphones
Over Ear
>Open or Closed
Open
>Comfort Level
Best/High
>Tonal Balance
Neutral
>Optional
Detachable Cord if possible
>past headphones
Only Earphones, very uncomfortable .

please /hpg/
>>
>Budget
Around $100 to $150

>Location
United States

>Source
One Plus 3

I am looking for earbuds to use around campus.

>Open or closed
N/A

>Comfort level
Something that will not fall off while walking and that is comfortable enough for everyday use.

>Preferred tonal balance
I would like to try something with deep bass not over whelming though.
I listen to hip-hop EDM and rock

>Past headphones
I use the dt-880 with my fiio e10k at home. I am looking for something portable.
>>
>>55759463
Earbuds? The VE monk+ are hot shit right now. Apparently they're amazing and only 5 bucks. Takes forever for shipping though.
>>
>>55759144
kys SEAmonkey
>>
>>55745714
>there appears to be some moderate positive correlations between the amount of THD measured in the headphones and their sound quality rating
hd800s thd is nowhere near audible
>>
>>55749081
I notice this board is particularly hostile towards people with better equipment. It's kinda cute.
>>
File: 1441605721118.png (248KB, 503x421px) Image search: [Google]
1441605721118.png
248KB, 503x421px
>>55760190
>more $$$ and placebo = better equipment
How's that diamond RCA cable going? Are the highs more ethereal and shimmery?
>>
>>55760303
glowing example of an idiot with a fiio e10k and ath-m50x
>>
>>55760323
Not even the same guy you're responding to, just had to stop by to say you're an idiot who likes wasting money on placebo toys.
>>
>>55760303
Of coursh.
>>
>>55760190
>better equipment

prove that it is audibly better. the headphone's response is what it is.
>>
>>55760303
>>55760396
>>55760462
>"MY HD600 IS THE BEST HEADPHONE MONEY CAN BUY, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE WOULD SPEND MORE, EVER"

>>55760323
>"LOL POORFAG"
You're just as bad as them, as the one with enough money to actually own better items you should be trying to make people understand why more expensive items are better.
>>
>>55760503
I don't care about the hd600. there is no best headphone, that all have at least one significant flaw. just saying spending a ton on a "better" amp isn't going to change how your headphones sound outside of extreme cases. and in the case of the very expensive amps it's pretty much never, unless you actually want to pay out the ass to color your sound with flawed hardware instead of software or different headphones.
>>
>>55760503
>you should be trying to make people understand why more expensive items are better.

It's a futile exercise around these parts. Trust me, I've been around since the days when the MDR-V6 was shilled back and forth.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
holy shit. So I finally got them, my HD580. I gotta say, they're not mind-blowing to me at this point, but they are amazing. Just edges out my previous favorite, the Q701. The AKG is a bit more detailed, and the soundstage is wider, but the balance on this I have never heard elsewhere. The bass is definitely improved from the 598. What I loved about the Q701 was it was open yet managed to have quite satisfying bass after eq. The same is true here, just enough impact. Neither have the power of the X2, but that needs to be tuned down a bit anyways, where here a slight boost in the lower/sub bass is all you need. the highs are impressive with how extended and balanced they wound without being harsh at all, cymbals sound great. The Q701 fixed most of the problems I had with the 598, this finishes the job, just as much bass and balance, but with those sweet mids back. $300 for an hd600 is a bit much though. You can afford an AKG much easier used/imported, and it's 95% as good IMO.
>>
Just received a pair of HM5 leather pads I ordered for MSR7 for added comfort. But it completely butchered its sound signature.

I found online a bunch of people managed to fit them on fidelio X2s so I thought what the hell I'll give it a shot.

They sound more satisfying to my ears, I don't know if the sub bass is a little more elevated now. Mids and highs sound about the same as stock.
>>
>>55761090
Watch out, you will trigger the HD600-fag.
>>
Hey boys, looking for a recommendation for an IEM

>Budget
$150

>Location
Denmark

>Source
Mostly my phone, an Xperia Z2 and sometimes my PS Vita.

>Preferred type
IEM

>Comfort level
As long as they stick while running I'm happy.

>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral

>Past headphones
For IEMs, only the ones that came with my old Samsung S3. They work, but they're falling apart now.
>>
File: 1326483758052.jpg (361KB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1326483758052.jpg
361KB, 1120x1600px
>>55761292
are they actual leather or pleather? pleather and leather tend to boost lower bass a bit in open headphones, but the result can also be less extension/even-ness overall. also less even highs. that's what they do on the he400s.

but back to msr7, if it's anything like the v6 it'll be really sensitive to driver distance. bigger pads = more distance = fucked response. this is why putting huge pads on a headphone meant for small ones isn't the best idea. I would use srh-840 pleather pads, that's what I used on my m40x. they're cheap and soft.
>>
New thread:
>>55761543
>>55761543
>>55761543
>>
>>55761402
MA750?
>>
>>55761493
The sheep skin leather ones, payed twice as much for them like an idiot but at least they last longer. (and smell better)

>I would use srh-840 pleather pads
I'll look into them once the ones I've got inevitably deteriorate a year or two in.

They are comfortable enough for commute and short sessions, they get irritating to the edges of my earlobes after an hour or so but I can wear them again after a short break.
>>
>Budget
up to 200 eur
>Location
Netherlands
>Source
Macbook pro
Over ear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
comfy pref non (fake) leather
I'll be wearing this for 8 hours in a row
>Preferred tonal balance
something between neutral and bassy leaning more to neutral
>Past headphones
Urbanites
>>
Hey /hpg/ I heard that excessive use of noise cancellation Headphones make your ears less sensitive for background noise and thus you'll have a harder time understanding people while a TV is running for example or other stuff.

Any of you knows if there's something to it? Because my hearing already isn't the best and I don't want to damage it any further.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.