[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Small Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 27

File: Bill-and-Ted-31.jpg (21KB, 255x266px) Image search: [Google]
Bill-and-Ted-31.jpg
21KB, 255x266px
>Don't ask about windows edition.

If you came here to ask about windows 10, just:

Pirate:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/

Abandon ship:
>>>55714254

Anything else:
>>>55712968
>>
Any good alternative to the Sansa Clip+?
Can't find it anywhere
>>
>>55717534
Would running a custom tripcode generator be bad for my GPU?
>>
What's a good Single Board Computer to run multiple server services on? (ftp, mpd, dns, ..)
I've got a budget of around 100 bucks.
>>
>>55717635
I used a raspberry pi to run a dns/samba/rtmp/web/mail and mysql server
>>
why do people shit on 1366x768
>>
>>55717683
okayish for 2006.
way too low for 2016.
>>
>>55717683
Makes it way hard to fit webpages and documents on your screen.
>>
What's the best thread around here to ask about an old iOS device? Or would that be here? I was looking for a homescreen general and couldn't find one.

I dropped my OnePlus One in the toilet and broke it. Didn't have a backup phone, as I gave my S3 to my brother. What I did have was an old iPod Touch 4 that I hadn't really touched since it lost support. It's jailbroken on iOS 6.1. I noticed I can still get stuff from cydia, but that it's realllly shitty. Ads everywhere and it occasionally tries to redirect the page I'm on without me tapping anything. I setup openssh but after being used to juicessh on Android, mobileterminal+bash+openssh was unusable. Not arrows or ctrl keys or anything. Couldn't even control tmux properly.

>can I put a better/newer OS on this?
>are there alternatives to cydia now?
>is there a way to manage this thing if needed on GNU/Linux? (I had still used Windows and iTunes when I last messed with this)

Also, while I'm at it. If I turned on my water-damaged phone and it's getting bootloops, is it for sure fucked forever? I keep having people telling me to put it in rice or try again in a week, but I already gave it time with some rice as well as dessicant, looked up and found out both don't work that well, and I'm thinking either way I'm fucked since it could've shorted stuff being on while wet already. I grabbed it out of the toilet quickly and powered it off and let it dry, but I didn't have a way to get the back off right away, and I still can't get the battery out, so I don't really know how far the water got.
>>
>>55717679
Currently rocking a raspi 2 for a mpd server but it's already having problems running large flac songs, and I feel like I can't run another service on it without it shitting itself. I want to properly upgrade it to something decent that can handle more than it needs to handle.
>>
>>55717635
odroid c2 and pine a64 are pretty beefy; their biggest flaw is no support for gpu hardware acceleration on GNU/Linux, only on Android, but if it's just a headless server these should be good

Pi 3 is also probably fine, but the older Pis are pretty weak
>>
I fucked up alsa or pulse or something on Arch ages ago and broke audio somehow. Now I'm trying to fix it.

pavucontrol says 'No cards available for configuration' on the Configuration tab. Output Devices just has Dummy Output.

alsamixer's default card is PulseAudio. Also available is UM-ONE. This is a MIDI interface, not what I want. I need HDMI audio via nvidia GF114. PulseAudio has one volume channel in alsamixer. The volume is up and is not muted.

aplay -l says:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

The list is empty.

speaker-test makes pulse's Dummy Output play audio as visible in pavucontrol, but I can't hear anything.

lspci finds my card:

01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GF114 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1)
Subsystem: eVga.com. Corp. Device 1460
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 5
Memory at fea7c000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
Capabilities: <access denied>

01:00.1 is the one I want.

aplay fails:
$ aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front Center.wav
ALSA lib pcm dmix.c:1029:(snd pcm dmix open) unable to open slave
aplay: main:786: audio open error: No such file or directory
>>
>>55717683
I finally experienced it when I got my X220T. Unless you want your windows all fullscreened, it is basically unusable. Had to zoom out on pages just to fit some terminal stacked vertically next to my firefox window. Even maximized the lack of height is pretty claustrophobic. When you get to resolutions that low, it really shows how shit 16:9 is. My T60p at 1400x1050 is pretty damn usable.
>>
I've got 8 gigs of ram in my laptop and three open slots. I can pilfer three more four gig sticks, but they're slightly slower and slightly higher voltage. Even if this were to work, would I probably see a net gain or loss in performance?
>>
>>55717784
might also be a good idea to ask in /fglt/

I would help you, but I don't know that much about alsa and pulse, and it sounds like you've already messed around as much as I would've
>>
Any way of making the host file route some IP's to a local HTML?
>>
>>55717797
More RAM doesn't exactly equal more performance, unless it is all faster RAM than what you previously had. What it does allow is more multitasking. Everything kind of eats from your RAM, so if you want to leave your browser open while you're watching anime or playing a game, more RAM definitely helps. If your RAM all gets used, it has to switch over to using SWAP, which is much slower since it's hard drive space. This results in very laggy performance until you free up some RAM again. If you have SWAP disabled, the whole OS can hang until it decides what it should kill.
>>
>>55717808
Thanks for the tip.

>but I don't know that much about alsa and pulse
I don't think anyone does. Especially not Poettering or the Arch developers.
>>
>>55717817
Not an expert, but I think you'd want to have them redirect to 127.0.0.1:blahport or your local IP and then have a web server of some sort hosting your desired HTML page on that port
>>
>>55717784
just uninstall everything (alsa, pa) and reinstall

alsa/pa is too computer specific to really help easily
>>
>>55717821
Not really concerned with the capacity as much as having more channels. Im on a single DIMM right now, so Im just wondering if a lower clock speed would be offset by spreading the load.
>>
>>55717852
Can I uninstall alsa and pulse on arch without reinstalling my whole system? How?
>>
>>55717833
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Just blocking the sites is enough, dont want to set up webservers on all these computers.
>>
I have some seagate expansion external HDD right here.

If I were to use it pretty much permanently, would it be better to disassemble it and use it as an internal HDD?
>>
is antivirus software actually necessary?
>>
Recently built a computer

Realized I don't have any way to connect it to the internet. What's the best way to do this?
>>
How to hide the private informations when I /whois my nick on irc?

There's a line with "is actually : " with my legit info displayed.
>>
File: battlestation_library_edition2.jpg (381KB, 1920x1242px) Image search: [Google]
battlestation_library_edition2.jpg
381KB, 1920x1242px
Ok /g/ here's my question
I want to purchase a device that can send an input signal from my XLR microphone to my computer(s) (via line-in) and at the same time, control the output (music etc) that comes from my computer(s) and channel it to one headphone port. What device do I need for that? Just a regular mixer? What do I need to look out for when purchasing?
>>
>>55717999
Run an ethernet cable to your router ot buy a pci wireless adapter.
>>
>>55718049
That question was poorly worded. Here, one more attempt:
>Sends mic to one or multiple 3,5mm cables (each with their individual volume etc)
>Sends pc audio (perhaps multiple lines, not mic monitoring!) to my headphones.
>>
>>55718058
what's the best pci wireless adapter? there's so many to choose from. I've heard that I need to get TP-Link
>>
>>55718101
i have a tp-link archer and it's garbage. i'd go with gigabyte or asus or something
>>
>>55717617
only if it gets too hot.
>>
So, i need some advice

Best vr googles for a 6 inch phone? Phone is Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro..
>>
I've been running chkdsk /f /r for almost 20 hours because I was having some issues. It's still not even halfway done. I have over 1 million files and 1 tb of data. Is this normal?
>>
whats an easy way to download javascript'ed videos? would rather not dl extensions/apps
>>
>>55718404
for example?
if it's a plain file and a video element you can just rightclick and save it.
if it's a flash player then check the network log for what it loads.
if it's dash/hls/hds then get the manifest file and download the chunks, then join them with ffmpeg.
>>
I just upgraded from an HTC One M8 to an LG V10 and I hate it. Are there any phones better than the M8 with comparable features?
>>
how do i tell who's fulfilling an order on newegg?

when i ordered my 1060, it said it was sold/shipped by newegg, and it had the expected price. but now when i go to the same product page, i see it's sold/shipped by a third party marketplace vendor and it's a hundred bucks more expensive than what i see on my invoice. i tried checking the invoice but it doesn't say anywhere who it's going to be supplied by

is there a way to find out if i'm going to be fucked?
>>
>>55717979
depends on the user
>>
>>55717534
I need an alternative to Roxio. Burning/ripping from disk, while being able to convert the files on them into some reasonable formats and ideally also being able to print things onto disk via special printers.

I don't particularly care if this takes multiple programs or not.
>>
>>55718604
assuming it works like on amazon, you'd get an invoice from the 3rd party if they sold it to you and not newegg themselves.
if newegg runs out they show a 3rd party instead of their price/stock.
>>
win10fag here, whats the best working crack available?
>>
>>55718674

pirating 8.1 or 7 then doing upgrade for legit wni10 license
>>
>>55718538

it's javascripted html5 stuff... i can dl the videos with extensions like videodownloadhelper..
>>
>>55718714
not an option for me
>>
>>55718674
Dazloader for win7

why would anyone want win10
>>
>>55718736
>javascripted html5 stuff

there's 500 ways to do this, be more specific.

press f12, check network tab and filter by media, download whatever it loads
>>
>>55718747

why
>>
>>55718747
there is none, switch to the insider builds, they are free.
>>
>>55718763
drivers and issues getting hold of a legit win 8.1 iso

>>55718765
gotta have a machine up and running ASAP, and only 8 and later OS have the driver support for it.

>>55718777
arent they buggy as fuck?
>>
>>55718764

let me just link you the site and a video:

http://www.yogaoutlet.com/p/jala-clothing-criss-cross-yoga-tank-top-8140643/?color=10890

try to download the video and tell me how?
>>
How many times is it acceptable to use a towel before washing it or switching to another?
>>
>>55718845
http://wpc.a381.edgecastcdn.net/01A381/SOVideo/8140643_RO.mp4

F12, network tab, media.
>>
>>55718855
As long as it has no visible stains desu
>>
>>55718871

thnx fampai
>>
>>55718876
What if it has a perpetual stain on it?
Like wine or blood?
>>
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid-Tower
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt with Intel Z77 Chipset
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Quad Core Processor with Hyper Threading @ 3.50 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.9 GHz)
Cooling: Corsair H80 Closed Loop Liquid Cooling (Dual Fan - Push/Pull)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (16GB)
Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
Power Supply: Corsair AX Series 850 Watt PSU
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (256GB)
HDD: Western Digital Black 7,200 RPM (2TB)
Optical Drive: Blu-Ray Read / DVD-RW

for possibly less thn 300 + trade

vs

FX8320 8 core processor
-16gb ram
-8 gb R9 390x video card
-1tb hard drive
-750W EVGA PSU
-CD/DVD
-Windows 10 verified

for like 390 for just tha tower
>>
Laptop or all-in-one PC, which one is better? So far the displays one most of either look bad, very few look nice.
>>
File: IMG_20160723_193646.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160723_193646.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
Can I repair this if I buy the part(s)

Additional pic
http://imgur.com/A8lQMCZ
>>
>>55718998
Then it's fine

Just don't lend it to anyone, normies wouldn't understand
>>
Can relative humidity of 65-70% in my room damage my hardware?
>>
I've got LAMP set up and a domain registered. How do I make the domain point to my server?
>>
>>55719000
how
>>
>>55717979
On Windows, yes. Windows is inherently insecure. Most unix-like operating systems should be safe as long as they are either up to date or not connected to the Internet.
>>
>>55718040
Edit it in your client's settings. You probably gave that info willingly.
>>
>>55718855
I try to switch my towel once a week, often on Saturday. Sometimes I wait until I run out of clothes and do laundry. This takes about a week and a half. This is just my absent-mindedness, though. I can immediately appreciate using a fresh towel. It should probably be switched every day or every 2 or 3 days, if you have enough towels.
>>
>>55717764
Odroid C2 or XU4? The XU4 looks better because of the obvious usb3.0, but other than that there's no clear factor for me to pay nearly double of the C2
>>
>>55719237
most hardware should have this info listed in specs
>>
I want a laptop solely for programming which I'm going to load Linux on. The last laptop couple laptops I've bought were kind of huge messes. Anyone have recommendations?
>>
>>55719513
usb 3 is a meme desu, I'd just go with the Odroid C2. I haven't even heard of the XU4, though.
>>
>>55719534
I would recommend X220T/X220 with IPS screen, but the resolution is garbage. Only 1366x768.

If you really only need it for programming, an older machine like the T61 or X60 might be fine.
>>
>>55719041
>http://imgur.com/A8lQMCZ
The home button flex would be damaged. This would cause error 53 and render the device a paperweight, Do NOT buy this, its junk.
>>
File: 1469203685469.png (137KB, 526x436px) Image search: [Google]
1469203685469.png
137KB, 526x436px
>>55719583
I just saw it on a hackaday forum thingy, it has a built-on fan but other than that not that useful/different from a C2.

>tfw just wanted to buy 2 IC's but didn't want to pay shipping so buying a SBC to avoid shipping fees
>>
>>55719442
I'm using irssi. I admit I haven't read the doc thoroughly but I don't find anything that would jump to my eyes in the config file.
>>
>>55719358
craigslist
>>
My computer keeps shutting down when I turn it on. It simply turns off out of nowhere somewhere between 10 and 30 minutes after I start it.

Do any of you have any idea what the problem might be? Should I be worried and start transfering stuff from my hard drive while it can still be turned on and stay functional for a few minutes?
>>
i have some old thin clients with 44 pin pata interfaces, but ony 40pin pata drives. whats the cheapest way to connect them ?
>>
>>55718121
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16833320074

Is this one decent?
>>
Recently built my first computer, and Installed an SSD and an HDD. I installed my OS on the SSD, and now when I go to find my drives the HDD doesn't show up anywhere. All I have for my drives that it shows is the SSD. I double checked to make sure that I plugged both in correctly and I have. Anyone know the reason for this?
>>
Where can I find definitive guides to root my phone? I want to root my Note5
>>
Would a 4760 bottleneck a 1070 or amds counter?
>>
What's the best way to send big files (over 1GB) to people who don't know anything about computers?
>>
Philips or Panasonic?
>>
I've been gone a while. Feels odd that this isn't the "stupid questions thread". Anyway, I have a stupid question. How do I use the terminal to find a process and kill it in one line? So I don't have to go
ps -A | grep process
then look at the screen and type
kill process number
. I'm on a toaster playing [spoiler]Skyrim[/spoiler] with WINE and when shit lags and starts to bug out, I always have to quit and reload. But it's never once successfully quit to desktop. Just crashes when I try. I always have to kill it with the terminal. It'd be nice to just cut a couple seconds off quitting the game. Yes, this is autism.
>>
Is there an adapter for this SSD?
mz-ntd1280/000

I need it to become an mSATA so that I can connect it to my Maximus Gene V mPCIe combo thing.

I'm so confused by all these specifications and shit. I found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-2-NGFF-SSD-to-Mini-PCI-E-mSATA-Adapter-Card-Replacement-Converter-Wholesale-/311426925853?hash=item48827dc51d:g:XywAAOSwUV9WpyJR

But when I read this part:
>About Mini PCIe SSD interface standard:

I become dizzy and want to puke.
>>
Does anyone know of a tablet stylus with a solid tip? I got a cheap one at the store and it has this awful squishy tip and feels terrible to use.
>>
>>55720119
yes, it should do the trick
>>
File: 0a4d62394f702eff0f146e8581a1d63a.png (118KB, 1231x560px) Image search: [Google]
0a4d62394f702eff0f146e8581a1d63a.png
118KB, 1231x560px
Maybe one of you can tell me what this is? it keeps popping up when I am playing a game. I just close them. Also, I am running windows 10 and occasionally it just stops responding, mouse moves but nothing works, stuff gets highlighted when I hover over them but no click and I need to restart. any ideas? I think I will need to do a fresh install.
>>
What does it mean for a CPU/GPU to be "bottlenecked?" How do you avoid it?
>>
My onboard microphone 3.5 jack has horrible hissing on it when i speak. The other audio outports work fine.
I was looking to get a DAC, but i dont see any with mic slots on them
I asked /hpg/, but like all generals, is just a circlejerk.
>>
>>55720243
ps -A | grep process | awk '{print $1}' | xargs kill
might work. I don't have a bash shell right now so I can't test it though.
>>
>>55721253
A bottleneck means the weakest link. It's the part of any system that slows everything else down because it can't pull its own weight. If you have an assembly line of people making cars, and it takes the guy who installs the radios longer than anybody else at the factory, he's the bottleneck of production
>>
>>55721305
Part of your issue might be because you are sending SIGTERM instead of SIGKILL too. Try
kill -s SIGKILL pid
>>
>>55717534
my laptop wont recognize my oneplus 3
wat do? i want to transfer some files
>>
could anyone initiated with Dell ultrasharps explain their product naming system so I can better understand it? What do the U / P etc signify I'm guessing first 2 numbers are for screen size? I'm basically looking for 1 or 2 23" monitors with swivel & tilt.
>>
>>55721320
So it can pretty much be avoided by having parts made within a few years of each other?
>>
File: y'all.png (192KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
y'all.png
192KB, 512x512px
>>55720862
You know how people tell you not to randomly click on things online, especially when it says that something is out of date and you should click here to update it? Yeah, that's what you shouldn't do. You got yourself some malware there.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ap.lijit.com .exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ap.lijit.com\
C:\ProgramData\TEMP\ap.lijit.com
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Temp\ap.lijit.com.exe
C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\ap.lijit.com
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ap.lijit.com.sys

Welp, have fun with that. There's your starting point. Task Manager -> End Processes -> Web Browser -> Clear out plug-ins, extensions, etc. -> so on and so forth.

I'd suggest just re-installing Windows and being more careful next time. While it is possible to remove it, the fact that it already GOT IN is just not good for "morale", you know? I would never keep using an operating system after this happened, even if I knew I cleaned it. Just better to fresh install.
>>
File: Invader.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Invader.png
17KB, 600x600px
Suggestions for a good free antivirus (besides good sense)?
>>
So, recently moved across the country, and after my PC was shipped here and I started it up and tried to play some games, its only using the shitty intel gpu and not my 390.

I've tried reseating it, updated all the drivers, but if I try to launch the amd settings it gives me an error saying it's unavailable and to connect an amd. But the card is clearly connected, it's running, everything still detects it - device manager, speccy, etc. And yet I can't play any games using the 390

Anyone have an idea what the issue might be?
>>
>>55721615
It's a little broader than that. A top of the line graphics card could easily be bottlenecked buy a dual core cpu from the same year, depending on the application. You could say that having a hard drive instead of an ssd bottlenecks certain elements of your system because you can notice a difference in performance by if you change out that single part. And there's little things to keep in mind, like how an amd graphics card requires more help from the processor, so it is more hindered by a weak one than an nvidia card would be.
>>
>>55721684
Boot in safe mode & remove all AMD drivers -> reboot -> install graphics drivers again, failing that try reseating it.
>>
>>55719921
Check your temperatures with Speccy or something like that. Something is overheating and the computer is shutting down. Probably your video card.

However, it could also be your motherboard going/gone bad.

COULD be a virus, but I doubt it. Boot into safe mode to make sure it's not.

Check inside your computer while it's running to see if any fans aren't working or if the computer is dirty. If it is, clean it, and you're good to go.

There's some starting points for you.
>>
>>55717534
Is there a way to use both the Intel embedded graphics and the Geforce GT 610, preferably to support two monitors?
If it matters I use Debian 8 and Windows 10.

My computer has Intel embedded graphic which has worked well enough. So today I saw a great deal on a Geforce GT 610 and got it on impulse. Plug it in and it works great, but all of my old outputs stopped working, graphic only come from the graphic card. Take it out and old outputs work like they use to. Plug it back in and they stop.
>>
Does an i7 6700 work with an AsRock z68 motherboard?
>>
Do you think a cheap router like dlink 100 can handle 30+ computers in a switch and distribute a fiber gigabit internet?
>>
userchrome CSS for vertical (left side) tab bar on Firefox 47?
>>
>>55721876
Nope.

>>55721855
No, chip is LGA1151 and board is LGA1155
>>
>>55721876
It only has 100 megabit ethernet so I'm gonna say no
>>
What app do you use to browse this board and why? I personally use the latest edition of Clover but I miss the old format before they went nuts on "material design."
>>
File: 1366856661418.jpg (271KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
1366856661418.jpg
271KB, 404x600px
Can I use my new GTX 960 with my old GTX 670?

I know I can't SLI them or anything, but will using both lend to any kind of performance change?
>>
>>55721876
Hells no. And why would you put that much tech riding on one crappy little unit? Get something you can throw openwrt on, preferably with wireless ac.
>>
>>55721938
PC browser, because there's no good reason I should be spending so much time on this site that I need an app on my phone for it.
>>
>>55721950
You can use it to hook up more monitors, that's about it
Dedicated physx isnt really a thing
>>
>>55721938
i use mimi cause it was the only app i found at the time
>>
>>55721963
That's fair for people always at home. I'm at work 60+ hours a week and I use you dorks as a news source.
>>
>>55721913
Any mb you would recommend? i use it for gaming mostly. Already have the i7 :/
>>
>>55721950
Nope.

>>55721633
Not really. Comodo used to be the one I recommend but they've been a little sketchy as a company lately. Plus the CEO is probably a Turkish Islamist.

>>55721257
Get a "USB sound card." One of the tiny sub-$10 jobbies.
>>
>>55721305
This works. Thanks anon.
>>
File: 200.gif (414KB, 364x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
414KB, 364x200px
>>55721979

> /g/ - hard hitting and ubiased news when you need it most.
>>
>>55721979
I'm not always at home. You sort of missed my point. I'm at home infrequently so I visit 4chan infrequently and that's exactly how it should be.

You don't need news any more often than you can sit at a computer for 10 minutes to browse /g/.

>>55722010
Consult Logical Increments.
>>
>>55721967
That's actually the biggest reason I'm thinking about using both cards. I have two free displayport outs on my 960 but don't have money to buy a new monitor that supports displayport.

Asking my far more computer-inclined friend, he says if I try to do any higher-end gaming, the two cards won;t know how to properly interact with each other, but I don't plan on running my games across multiple screens or anything like that.

>>55722017
>Nope.
No to using both or no to performance change?
>>
What's a good free xml editor I can use for Windows?
>>
When I build a new computer and plug in a bootable USB drive to install OS, how do I navigate when no mouse or keyboard is installed? How do I navigate through the installation process?
>>
>>55722043
Dude, just buy a couple cheap passive display port to hdmi adapters
>>
>>55720543
There are a bunch. Just search for "best tablet stylus" and flick through the hit lists. You'll see some.

>>55720234
Panasonic best mechanic noob.

>>55720185
XDA Forums.
>>
>>55722043
To performance change. I've never tried using two discrete display adapters before so I don't know how that'll work out for you.

>>55722070
This sounds smart.
>>
>>55722055
Notepad++

>>55722068
The computer has the requisite ability to understand basic keyboard and mouse output without the need for outside software. Just plug them in before you boot into installation. If you mean to say that you thought you could do this without any input devices, don't tell me. I'd be too disappointed in you.
>>
>>55720213
A USB dongle in the mail. (Obligatory reference to a station wagon full of tapes goes here.)

>>55720159
The HDD could be defective. I'm more inclined to believe that you've either physically installed the drive incorrectly, or that there's some fuckery going on in BIOS. Check both of those.
>>
>>55722119
I'm so stupid, I didn't think to check Notepad++.
Thanks anon.
>>
Would a R9 390 fit in a CM storm trooper case?
>>
>>55722119
what if i only have bluetooth mouse and keyboard?
>>
>>55722153
Specific models of cards have different lengths
Cases usually list the size of graphics card they fit
Try looking it up for yourself.
>>
What's stopping electric motors from being used in the transportation industry? Obviously there's the cost factor, but is it more so the power to weight ratio?
>>
>>55719311
Set up a redirect with whichever service you registered the domain with.

>>55719020
It all comes down to the parts which were used in the PC. Could be better, could be just as shit. If you care about displays, it might be more elegant to hook your laptop up to an external display rather than doing the same with the PC and then leaving its native monitor off all the time.

>>55718855
I change my towels once a week. The key is to let them dry very thoroughly and very quickly after use. Don't leave them in the bathroom. Hang them in another room with plenty of non-saturated air around them.
>>
>>55722162
Then you should go take a trip to Goodwill or ask a friend to bring a keyboard over. The computer can understand keyboard inputs but it won't be able to work the Bluetooth receiver without configuration.
>>
>>55722197
The requisite energy required to power them. Getting around on an electric motor works great. Getting around with the electricity for it doesn't. We're much better at lugging around explosive hydrocarbons instead.
>>
Now that kat is dead what's your go to torrent site?
>>
>>55722240
https://www.debian.org/CD/torrent-cd/
>>
>>55722219
instead of carrying around heavy electrons just invent away to convert ambient photons into electrons as needed to power your motor
>>
>>55722153
Yes, those things are massive. The better question is will the CM storm trooper fit in your closet
>>
>>55721422
anyone? please?
>>
>>55722294
Stop shilling for photosystems, leaf man.
>>
>>55722339
First off, did you make sure your phone is unlocked after connecting it to the computer?
>>
Can I ddos my printer?
>>
How do I plot two lists in >>>>>>>>>>Haskell<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>
I bought a PC case that only has one spot to mount a fan (Silverstone SG13). Should this fan be an intake or an exhaust, considering that the PSU acts as a weak exhaust?
>>
>>55722205
I see thanks.
>>
Should I use a magnetized screwdriver for building a PC?
>>
>>55722354
yeah
>>
>>55722375
Maybe.

>>55722380
This is always hotly (kek) debated. I'm part of the intake camp. Always cram air into the case and keep the pressure high in there.
>>
>>55722375
Kinda.

>>55722380
Exaust.
You want to get rid of the hot air.
>>
>>55722411
Okay well then you have two options.

One is to figure out why this is fucked up. Test different USB ports (or different computers entirely), use adb, etc.

The other is to get a file manager app for your phone which has network file sharing. Many of the popular ones support it. Then you can just transfer the files wirelessly via your WiFi network.
>>
>>55722405
Not if you can help it. The frame and body of the case will keep attracting the shank of the screwdriver and make it annoying to maneuver around in there.
>>
>>55722441
alright thanks for the help man
>>
>>55722471
Oh I almost forgot, make sure you check this setting on your phone:

http://www.howtogeek.com/192732/android-usb-connections-explained-mtp-ptp-and-usb-mass-storage/
>>
What's a good price range for a 27" 1440p monitor?
>>
I know jack shit about computers and have decided to invest in one as my current laptop feels like shit and cant even run starbound properly. Should i try to make one from a guide like http://funnyjunk.com/The+500+premiere+build/funny-pictures/5468934/
or should i go to a pawn shop and see what they have, Im a poorfag student and want something under $500CAD.
>>
>>55722522
Read Logicalincrements.com
Use PCPartpicker to chose where buy from.
Post your build here before buying anything.
>>
>>55722514
depends on the features
>>
>>55722522
>funnyjunk

jesus christ nigger what are you doing. Just look at logical increments
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

or use www.pcpartpicker.com to choose what you want
>>
HELP ME HOW DO I PLOT 2 LISTS IN HASKELL

YES I AM A RETARD I KNOW
>>
is there such thing as a bluetooth USB socket?

as in... a wireless USB socket
just pair it to your tablet or phone or whatever and plug anything, like a mouse or keyboard or controller into it
>>
>>55722568
60hz is fine

also i am stupid and do not know what resp. time is. Is 1 ms good or is 5 ms better?
>>
>>55722635
Latency in simple words.
Unless you mean GTG, which is the time it takes from a pixel to turn gray,white and then gray again.

It shout be BTB but shady marketing and stuff.

logicalincrements.com/monitors
>>
>>55722635
1ms means its a TN panel
5ms means its an IPS

Lower response time is better but IPS has better colors and viewing angles.
>>
>>55722653
>>55722661
thanks guys

one more question about monitors and graphics cards. Is it better to connect to a monitor using an HDMI or a DVI cable?
>>
File: 81MEbzo4tjL._SL1500_.jpg (194KB, 1500x1236px) Image search: [Google]
81MEbzo4tjL._SL1500_.jpg
194KB, 1500x1236px
>>55722635
>>55722514
go for 25"
better pixel density
quite large anyway
$270
Acer G257HU
its the same panel that $400 dell monitors use

I am just assuming you are on a budget
>>
Is Kubuntu good if yes why
>>
>>55722819
HDMI for built in speakers.
DVI has no DRM.

Displayport is the best choice out everything.
>>
>>55722836
all ubuntu flavors are fine
stop asking and try yourself
I am kinda sick and tired of morons looking for some great insight
>>
File: 1275178145407.jpg (119KB, 346x500px) Image search: [Google]
1275178145407.jpg
119KB, 346x500px
I've forgotten the name of a suite of recovery, repair and benchmarking tools all conveniently on a bootable disk. It even ran a bootable version of windows for all the programs.

My mother busted her harddrive and I was hoping to use it to either fix it, or simply pull what files I can off of it, but I can't narrow down my searches without at least knowing the name of a few of the programs on it. I'm sure I first heard of it here but I don't want to make a new thread.

Any help is appreciated
>>
>>55722843
DVI has optional support for HDCP, so saying it has no DRM is innacurate
>>
>>55722866
hiren
>>
>>55722823
thanks man really appreciate it
>>
>>55722877

THANK YOU.
>>
noob question:

can you use and manage an iPhone or iPod in linux? such as: remove music, add music, download photos?
>>
>>55722565
>>55722573
how shit do you think i can go? I only plan to play starbound and terraria otherworld which arent very demanding games.
>>
>>55722989
B150 motherboard, 500W Bronze PSU, I5-6400, cheap $40-60 case, 200R maybe, 1TB WD HDD.
Use the IGPU for a while, maybe add a real videocard later on.
>>
>>55722989
i3 or pentium dual core
8gb ram
matx motherboard
gtx 750 ti
>>
>>55723023
>>55723014
I have literally no idea what any of this means, should i just go for the minimum tier on logical Increments? it would end up being 400CAD
>>
>>55723147
Name of the parts.
And no you shouldnt.

Try to mix the parts so they are compatible and they fit your budget.
>>
>>55719614
>Do NOT buy this, its junk.
yeah my brother broke it so I kind of have it.

so it's going into the bin? or should I attempt to sell parts or what.

I also have a broken ipad 3 laying around. this one I broke myself though.
>>
>>55723147
That should be fine for what you want if you have no clue about any of this

If you feel like reading up more you could probably figure out something better though
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/beginnersguide
>>
I fucked up the Google botnet and now I've got the error message DF DLA 15. I want to use my NSA funded apps, I've tried clear the data, cache and the special cache that starts with a D? nothing
>>
What is the name of that plastic sheet that covers a motherboard on a laptop? Is it Mylar?
>>
>>55723288
The conformal coating?
>>
File: 1461261376709.jpg (21KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461261376709.jpg
21KB, 600x600px
USB C

Will the USB C from my HTC 10 Android phone work well for playing movies on a 1080p TV?

Going on a trip and this looks like a good way to play media. Need to know if I'm not going to just get gimped by some USB 2.0 speeds when I need it to convert to HDMI using an adapter.
>>
I asked this in a previous thread but it didn't get answered before I had to go to work.

So I'm running arch linux and I downloaded pulseaudio and pavucontrol to control the daemon. My problem is I have keyboard shortcuts for volume control but in pavucontrol it shows I have to output choices., Digital and Analog. Analog is the only one that works on this laptop but the shortcuts only control the digital output. How do I make it control the output. I'm using i3wm btw.
>>
Why are people who don't understand tech so fucking stupid?
>Trying to help a friend install the emulator PCSX2
>Explain to him he needs winrar/7-zip
>Doesn't want it cause "It may be a virus."
>Manage to get him to download 7-zip
>Tell him he needs to put the BIOS for the PS2 into the BIOS folder of PCSX2
>I directly tell him where it is
>He doesn't see it when he's fucking screensharing
>After like a minute he sees it
>Then asks me how to get ISOs
I feel like I'm about to fucking kill a person. Someone help me.
>>
File: lithium_battery_lg.jpg (21KB, 480x260px) Image search: [Google]
lithium_battery_lg.jpg
21KB, 480x260px
Will my computer be able to boot if my battery (pic related) is completely burnt/"broken"?
>>
>>55723695
your internal clock will be fucked and bios settings will be reset.
>>
Out of curiosity, is it possible to leave a display port connection and a HDMI connection plugged into my GPU but only use one at once?

It'd just mean it would be much less effort faffing around switching between outputting to my monitor or my TV
>>
anyone know how i can create releases on gitlab?
im pretty new to this git thing but its been really useful and gitlab is kinda amazing for what they offer for free.
but ive seen github and other projects on gitlab have a releases section.
any idea how i can create a release myself?
i havent been able to find it in the documentation.
>>
>>55723648
send him to emuparadise.
they literally have a guide for retards on how to set up shit, download roms/isos and packages for bios files.
all conveniently as direct downloads on their site, no torrents or third party hosters.
their speeds are decent too.
>>
I have a question concerning MAC Addresses and external IP's. So is there a program that i can use to set an external IP and see the Mac address that is attached to it. I'd like to change my external IP
>>
I'm thinking about getting a PS/2 adapter for my mouse so that I can free up a USB slot, but it has programmable macro buttons on it. Will these continue to work through PS/2?
>>
>>55723250
Plz respond
>>
>>55723648
Do your parents not teach you the value of "patience" when growing up?
>>
File: 20160723_170340.jpg (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160723_170340.jpg
2MB, 2048x1152px
Hey dudes I need some help here. I just installed os x mavericks on a Dell optiplex 360 with a evga gt 430. Now it only says there's 3 mb of vram when there should be a whole gig. And my resolution is stuck at 1028x798 or whatever. I downloaded these zip files that are supposed to be kexts, but are zipped, and it says it's corrupted or something. Am I supposed to change the extension from zip to kext and install it? Thanks for the help
>>
Something is eating up my home internet data. Checking a usage history on the providers website shows that I'm downloading anywhere from 50 to 100 GB a day in data and that I've downloaded 2200GB this month.

I only have a 1TB hard drive, so I don't know where this data is going. I'm not doing anything different than previous months where I use ~700GB. I've been using anti-virus and checking firewalls. Router settings show that only my computer, phone and Wii U are connected.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>55724258
Someone hacked your wifi password?
>>
If i wanted to start using chocolatey, whats the easiest way to convert my programs i have to be able to use them with the package manager? I don't really want to uninstall everything and then re install them with the package manager.
>>
>>55724248
I'm not a patience person. I never have been.
>>
How can I make a batch file to copy a file into several computers in a same network?

Like for example, I have file "test.doc" and I want to copy it to:

IP1
IP2
IP3
IP4
...and so on on a specific folder...

Can you guys help me out?
>>
What are some recommended VPNs? I haven't used one since 2012, and I don't know what has changed since then. In addition, the /g/ wiki page on VPNs doesn't have any recommendations, nor a guide on how to proxy.

Pls rsponds
>>
using a r9 390 which only has a dvi and hdmi port. I want to know if its possible to hook up a monitor through a vga connection. the only vga connection my computer is not directly on the gpu so idk. trying it and it's not working. downloaded a vga driver from my motherboard's website and it's still not working. what do?
>>
>>55724476
drag n drop
>>
>>55724476
Do you already have them on a workgroup? You could make a shared folder between all of them and just drop it in there.
>>
>>55724408
I changed the password, but that didn't stop it. I can see devices connected to my router and I recognize all of them.
>>
>>55724515
Is there some torrent you're seeding that you forgot about?
>>
>>55724106
I know of Emuparadise, I'm amazed he doesn't, he emulates GBA games all the time.
>>
>>55724554
I thought about that too, but that would be upload not download right? Either way, no torrents and the statistics page looks normal.
>>
Can you fry a motherboard by connecting the front panel power connectors wrong? or the FP audio/USB? Bought a used Lenovo case and went FULL retard not checking if the wires in the connector blocks match an lga1150 mobo's pinouts. They don't.
>>
>>55724078
pls respond
>>
>>55724619
google
>>
>>55724628
i would not have asked if google or the documentation had helped me.
>>
>>55724258
>>55724581
Given the jump from 700 gb to 2200, I would certainly say you have a leech on your network

What is your setup? Model? Is your password WPA2? I hope you aren't using WEP.
For starters, log onto your router control panel and check what devices are connected, then view the MAC addresses. If you find something that doesn't match your own hardware, that is your culprit. Then I would turn everything off, change your password. After that? Either go totally wired, or continue to use WIFI and don't broadcast SSID.

Lastly, buy a baseball bat and visit your new friend to share a nice game of baseball with.
>>
>>55724484
The DVI port is probably DVI-I
Get a DVI-I to VGA adapter
>>
>>55723310
Nope, Google it and that's not it. It's like a thin plastic sheet that cables rest on. It has a printed diagram of how the cables lay.
>>
>>55724699
Sounds like something specific to that laptop
>>
I have a question about the HDMI --> VGA dongles, can you use a custom resolution setting? Hooking a modern computer up to an old RPTV is a nightmare, especially when the TV doesn't support 720p or 1080p. (It's a 1080i compliant TV that does 960i 16:9 1708x960)
>>
I got a new monitor and it looks kind of yellow. What is the best way to adjust/calibrate the screen?
>>
>>55724732

The whole picture or just the edges?
>>
>>55724710
okay thank you very much
>>
>>55724763
Whole picture
>>
>>55724657
My provider is ATT U-verse so I have to use their Gateway shit (Pace 5268AC). Password is WPA2 and I turned off SSID broadcast. There are no devices connected except for my computer now and it's wired.

Could it be a problem on ATTs end? I don't want to be that guy "I'm doing everything perfect, it's your shit that's busted." but I honestly don't know what it could be.
>>
>>55724845
If you have wpa2 and you aren't broadcasting then its their shit, probably not intrusion then

I would honestly say nothing then feign ignorance if they approach/contact you over it, just be an average joe
LOL I DUNNO COMPUTAS
>>
>>55724888
Aight, thanks for the help anon(s).
>>
I'd like to torrent without being tracked.

In Aus I purchased a VPN for a month for about $10 and the speeds were decent, using servers from Japan or China (I forgot which one).

I'm back home in Canada now.
Any recommendations?
>>
>>55725260
It is time to give up that activity.
>>
File: 1424088462961.png (9KB, 387x429px) Image search: [Google]
1424088462961.png
9KB, 387x429px
/g/
http://kickass.to/
so that happened shit happened

where is the best place for torrents & pirating now
or is there some website where i can buy a membership & get access to lots of stuff, music, movies, tv shows, software?

like some sort of usenet thing?

I was looking at this for example
http://www.usenetserver.com

this site lists some
http://www.usenet.com/

note - I'll pay, but I don't want a place where I need an invite to join or I have to seed (upload) to keep my membership or I need to take some kind of test to get in or the website only has one thing, like JUST music torrents/downloads?

thanks in advance faggots for your reply & help
I love you all

mehhh you know what, also if you include a bitcoin (BTC) address in your reply, I'll send you some buttcoins just because I value your help alot bros
>>
>>55725355
It is finally over my friend.
You can rest now.
>>
Does a monitor with response time overdrive (such as Asus's "trace free" setting) set to zero function the same as a monitor without response time overdrive? Is it better to just get one without the overdrive if I'm going to just keep it at zero, anyway?
>>
>>55725379
>>55725285

Ok, shill
>>
I need some better airflow tips
>>
Torrent app for android
>>
How much vram do I need for 4k video? Would that even matter?
>>
>>55725355
Nigga we /0torrent/ now
>>
>>55725799
vram isn't really important, its more about processing power
>>
>>55725786
Opera
>>
is it a bad idea to glue my mousepad to my desk?

it keeps slipping off
>>
>>55725816
Would a cheap quad core I find on new egg work fine?
>>
>>55725821
Just the regular opera browser app?
>>
>>55725355
rutracker (.) org
rar bg (.) to
kickasstorrents (.) website
These mainly

BTC
1L3cAa RnxSP m57i2Z 1k3e483 HNeN Jwk19b (withow the spaces)
>>
>>55725786
Vuze.
>>
how does one connect 2 vga monitors on a computer? what adapters do I need or yall recommend
>>
>>55717534

Does running netflix and playing pc gamer on separate monitors negatively affect my gpu?

I have an r9270 and im playing insurgency which isnt heavy on my card.

Sorry for sloppy wording im very hungover today.
>>
>>55726011
You use 2 VGA slots.
>>
>>55726022
I would but, when I connect the other vga monitor to the top vga slot it doesn't display
>>
>>55726069
DVI to VGA adapter.

Also holy shit, people still use VGA monitors?
>>
>>55726086
got that shit in goodwill for like 6$, I'm a cheap fuck
>>
File: 1408591950548.jpg (52KB, 700x572px) Image search: [Google]
1408591950548.jpg
52KB, 700x572px
>Install new 1070 bought with mommy's credit card.
>Screen becomes blurry/fuzzy with washed out color, due to shitty drivers and also probably because I use an LCD TV as a monitor
>No auto adjust button or HDMI-PC source specification because it's a cheap piece of shit. These were what fixed this issue for other people
>tweaking color or resolution doesn't do shit

After looking this issue up it's apparently super common. Did I fuck myself? Is there a way out of this aside from buying a new monitor? I'm a huge loser with nothing else going on in life and I'm taking this pretty hard. My heart aches, bros.
>>
How can i make MPC display .webm thumbnails on W10 File Explorer?
>>
File: RFOk5GQ.jpg (56KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
RFOk5GQ.jpg
56KB, 480x480px
>>55726115
install icaros maybe?
>>
is there any credivle evidence for dvorak or colemak being better than qwerty?
>>
do laptops with 17" screens and 8g RAM and are under $400 exist?
>>
>>55726318
none whatsoever
>>
Is it possible to use variables in an alias? For example
alias example='command option1 --var1 option 2 --var2 option3 --var3'
so I can do
example 1 2 3
?
>>
Where do i find a rasp pi 3 under 30 dollars?
>>
does anyone else on windows 10 have the constant problem of the taskbar getting stuck down? like, it's set to autohide but a while it won't come back up and i have to restart windows explorer through task manager
which wouldn't be that big of a deal , but i have to do it like every 5 minutes and it's fucking infuriating
>>
>>55726524
Anything you write after the alias will go after the command. If you want them anywhere else, you can use a function.
>>
File: ggg2.jpg (74KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
ggg2.jpg
74KB, 540x720px
WIll buying one of these fix my phone?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Front-Screen-Outer-Glass-Touch-Cover-Screen-Digitizer-Panel-LENS-For-LG-G2-D802-801-For/32679010014.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-LG-Optimus-G2-D802-D805-Touch-Screen-with-Digitizer-Touch-Panel-glass-lens-Replacement-Tools/32442630234.html

The touch still works.
>>
So this is my current build, im looking to upgrade on the motherboard. Could anyone recommend me a motherboard that supports an AM3 socket and has PCIe 3.0? Iv only been able to find one in existence and there no seller.
Do they even exist?
If not, Any good motherboard that supports AM3 and has PCIe 2.0 express w/ DDR3 support would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>55726771
If the touch still works the digitizer is probably fine
>>
>>55726813
What do I get to make it work again?
>>
>>55726828
What's the issue, just the screen being busted? You would need a new LCD.
>>
what's up with endbranch?
>>
>>55718580
>>>/g/spg/
HTC 10.
>>
Is the bobovr the best Phone VR for $30 or less?
Got a Moto X Pure so I gotta get one that fits a larger phone as well.
>>
Is there a way to have a while loop wait for user input in discord with discord.py version 0.9.1 I want to create a while loop with if statements inside but it waits for a correct input first. Sorry if im being stupid im just stuck rn
>>
>>55721746
I've tried all of this again, but to no avail.

At this point I'm not really sure what else to do, initially I just assumed it was some driver issue but now I'm wondering if it might be something wrong with the gpu itself
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>55726858
What's a new LCD?
Is this enough?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Top-Quality-Outer-Front-Glass-Lens-Touch-Screen-With-Digitizer-For-LG-Optimus-G2-D802/32578965912.html

I already opened my phone up and tried reconnecting the LCD connection but the screen is still black...
>>
So for example I have a .mkv file with 2 audio tracks and 2 subtitle tracks
Is there any way I can remove the audio and subtitle tracks I don't want?
>>
>>55727342
nvm
Found it myself
mkvtoolnix.download
>>
>>55717582
Clip+. I bought one new recently on eBay.

>>55717617
Load does not harm a GPU unless your cooling is shit, in which case you should fix your cooling instead of carefully limiting load.

>>55718714
Are you SURE this works? When I tried it, it happily upgraded to 10 and then alerted me that Windows was not genuine.

>>55718674
Microsoft Toolkit. I used it on 10 last year and it's still activated.

>>55718777
Bad idea on anything more than a toy PC. They're often buggy as fuck and expire after the real version is released.
>>
>>55718674
KMSpico is what I always use. Just look it up on TPB; it's super simple.
>>
Is Crystaldisk accurate to check hard drives health?
I not, any alternative?
>>
>>55727600
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the most popular program for that
I used it a couple times and It was alright
>>
>>55727600
Yes, it generally is. Go by the "health" indicator at the top, but also check the details. If the RAW reallocated sectors or pending sectors are anything other than 0, it's circling the drain. The only possible exception is if you have a pending sector resulting from some event like a power failure during a write, and know that's what it is.

However, it is often possible to go on using a disk that has a couple of bad sectors for an amazingly long time. Just keep backups of anything you actually care about, and remember that it could go tits up unexpectedly.
>>
Ok, this qualifies as an extremely stupid question, but say (in Java) you have a String like so - "14 32", how would you extract those integer values out of the string?
>>
What's the best way to manage updates halfway sanely in Windows 10 Home? Is there some way to make it notify me that there are updates waiting, let me vet them with the wushowhide tool, and then tell Windows Update to go ahead and install the ones that are still unhidden?

I'm pretty much stuck with Home, and apart from slightly better update settings, there's nothing in Pro that I really miss.

inb4 >>>install gentoo
I already have a Linux machine. This is my Windows machine.
>>
>>55727687
Scanner sc = new Scanner(myString);
while(sc.hasNextInt()) {
System.out.println(sc.nextInt());
}
>>
>>55727687
I don't know Java, but I'm sure it has a split function in its string library.
>>
how do i make a .m3u playlist without windows media player or itunes
>>
>>55727789
m3u are just plaintext with a list of files separated by newlines
>>
>>55727806
im assuming if i want to have the m3u in a different location than the actual files i would just have to include directories too?

sounds easy enough, thanks friend, probably could have just googled what an m3u was, either way, thanks
>>
Is there a Linux music player that can sort on folders while still showing the picture of each album, like Winyl on Windows?
>>
>>55727825
Yes. You can have absolute or relative path names in it. For instance I created an m3u that's on the root of the SD card my music is on. I used all relative paths to the songs on it. That way it works if Windows decides to call it a different drive letter.

You can't make a m3u that works in both Linux and Windows it seems. But if it uses relative paths, all you need to do to convert between them is change all / to \ or vise versa.
>>
>>55720193
Bump
>>
>>55727638
>>55727674
Sorry for the late answer but thanks guys!
>>
Has Chrome been using more RAM than usual lately for anyone else? I've got 16 GB and have never had any problems but recently I've been getting getting low memory warnings while only having like 15 tabs open (been times where I've had about 40 open with no problems). No new addons either.
>>
How does ClamAV compares to Avast or Avira?
>>
Ultra stupid question : say I already have my web browser opened and my VPN off. Then I activate my VPN. Will it do the job correctly or do I need to relaunch the web browser for the VPN to be effective?
>>
>>55728446
It'll start routing all your traffic through your VPN. However, if there's been any session cookies stored in your browser before turning the VPN on, it may cause problems if you're logged into accounts.
>>
>>55728423
Do you use ABP?
>>
>>55728487

No, uBlock Origin.
>>
>>55728481
I see. Thanks.
>>
I'm using PIA as a VPN, can't post on 4chan without turning it of. Any way?
>>
>>55728513

No, all their IPs are banned.
>>
>>55728513
4Chan blocks most server IP blocks.
>>
>>55728527
Dang. Any decent VPN that isn't banned?
>>
>>55728534
No.
They're not banned out of principle, they're banned because people always use them to break the rules, and so they get the IPs banned.
>>
Is there a mod rwwrite variable I can use to fetch the domain name?
And a way to output the variables used by RewriteCond sop I can check what they actually contain?
>>
I fell for the AMD APU meme, I can't afford a full rebuild at the moment but if I wanted to put a better GPU in it would be as simple as seating the new GPU, installing drivers & setting applications to use only the new GPU? Then I would get a new mobo + CPU bundle later down the line.
>>
I've got this chinky dvb-t stick from China.

On my arch Linux PC when connected to my aerial w_scan finds no frequencies (using default driver)

When on a windows PC with RTL-SDR driver on it can get FM radio signals (so I know it can receive signals and isn't totally broken)

I'd like to get the DVB-T working, what does /g/ think the problem is?
>>
>>55728815
Linux is the problem.

Lack of a real driver.
>>
>>55728824
According to dmesg Linshit finds uses the rtl(something)_sdr drivers that are built into the Kernel.

Before installing the RTL-SDR driver in Winblows I did try using a frequency checker in the MSI website but it found nothing either...

Maybe the stick just can't do DVB stuff?
>>
I really haven't been keeping up with computer hardware in years... first off is there any good reason to update from my LGA1155 rig to one of the newer platforms?

Also what are currently the best bang for buck components (for a relatively powerful PC) in following categories:
PC case
SSD
HDD
GPU
PSU
>>
I just got a Samsung SSD and I'm using it as a boot drive with Windows 7. Should I enable Over-Provisioning or is it a meme?
>>
File: 1468168230810.jpg (57KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468168230810.jpg
57KB, 540x720px
Just bought an I5-6600k (Previous processor was an FX-6300)

I wanna know how much of a performance increase I could expect with this processor. My old FX-6300 was pretty shit, had a weird stutter issue and couldn't overclock with a trash motherboard.

Pic sort of related
>>
Anyone have any experience with ASUS PB279Q 4K monitor? Would you recommend?
>>
>>55729049
>PC case
Literally the cheapest, most modular case you can find. Ain't that hard.
>SSD
Samsung 850 EVO
>HDD
Everyone has their arguements that seagate is better than this, and WD is better than that, but it just comes down to if its DOA or not. Had a few HDD's that were Seagate and WD
>GPU
If you haven't been on this board for atleast a day now, you are either a newfag or a ledditor. Literally most threads talk about the RX 480/ GTX 1060. Hard to get them, but I believe a GTX 970 or a 980 will suffice.
>PSU
Something that doesn't explode
>>
File: it's just not there.png (93KB, 563x415px) Image search: [Google]
it's just not there.png
93KB, 563x415px
The wut thread is ded, so I'm here anyways.
>Friend installed Windows10 to get that license
>Now wants to go back after a day
>Shit just isn't there
What do?
>>
>>55729296
Did he run Disk Cleanup or otherwise run something that might delete C:\Windows.old or C:\Windows.WS?
>>
>>55724583
Anyone?
>>
>>55729708
Pretty sure you can't. I mean, what you connect is switches and LEDs, and what you connect them to are low voltage, low current.
>>
So my computer died a few days ago, i was measuring ram clearance with digital calipers to see if i could fit new ram in my old as fuck computer to wait out until kaby lake-e/skylake-e next year

I go to turn it on after that and it turns on but doesn't post or boot

I tried taking out the ram, switching the location of the sticks, taking out the video card and using the integrated gpu

I know there is no point in trying to troubleshooting the problem since it's a 6 year old build, it'll be cheaper to just replace the motherboard/cpu/ram than buying a new motherboard to test components and finding out it want just the ram or the motherboard of the cpu

My question is how worried should i be about my 6 year old psu, it a 500 watt oem seasonic psu, i don't mind replacing it if i have to, but I'm wondering if i should just chuck it to be safe if it's the reason my computer won't post as in it took the motherboard with it
>>
my old HDD randomly deleted/lost some files and folders
the only recent things I've done is connect a smartphone to my PC but I doubt that affected it in any way
I tried using Recuva to recup the files but most are already overwritten for some reason
Anything else I can do? Now I know why people keep suggesting backups to backups, it feels pretty horrible losing a lot of that stuff
>>
Is there a tangible benefit other than windows boot time to put my OS on my SSD? I'd rather keep my ssd for quickly loading vidya if it's negligible
>>
>>55729959
Plenty of random reads of system files are ongoing during regular operation
>>
>>55729569
I don't think so, but I'm unsure if he installed it by clicking on the advertisement or if he made himself a bootable usb stick
>>
>>55719667
Ah. I also use irssi and don't know where that's stored... It might be taking it from /etc/passwd if you gave full name and such when making your user.
>>
>>55729985
I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 yesterday using a USB stick made with MediaCreationTool. I have the option to go back.
>>
>>55730029
ok, good to know. That makes it even stranger though.
>>
File: 1468675151210.jpg (287KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1468675151210.jpg
287KB, 1920x1440px
I have six fiddy yuromoniez and i don't need anything
What are some fun unnecessary crap i can spend it on?
>>
>>55730080
http://chinkshit.xyz/random/
>>
im unable to connect to webpages because "unable to connect to proxy server," but I've got the box unchecked, what gives?
>>
>>55729744
Thanks, still I think I managed to do it somehow. I think I can rule out other possible ways of shorting the board other than random static electricity when touching it. Shit worked in my old case. I used standoffs.
>>
File: java.jpg (384KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
java.jpg
384KB, 1280x1024px
do i really need java?
>>
>>55730153
Could you rephrase this? I don't really get what you're asking. What box is unchecked, where? How are you on this webpage? Your phone?
>>
>>55730353
Do you really need windows?
>>
On android 6, is there a way to make it so when I click My Files>Images, it points to a folder on the SD card, and not the phone?
>>
Is there a modern mid- or full-tower case that does NOT come with any kind of side windows?
>>
>>55730631
yes
>>
How much does having a Google Apps for Work account protect my privacy?
>>
What is the best way to convet an mp4 video to avi?
>>
>Mess around with keyboard settings.
>Enable 'show keyboard options, etc' in menu bar.
>Disable.
>American flag now shows.

How do I remove it?

OS X 10.11.6 El Captan.
>>
>>55730575
Do you really need a computer?
>>
>>55731171
fuck forgot image
>>
>>55731171
>>55731181

NVM I fixed it by holding down command and dragging to delete.

t. new macfag
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.