[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 42

File: Dwight_.jpg (89KB, 479x639px) Image search: [Google]
Dwight_.jpg
89KB, 479x639px
Stupid Question Thread

Previous thread : >>55651036

Ask any question in this thread instead of creating your own.
Take the time to search before posting

Buying advices can go here :
>>>/g/hpg
>>>/g/tpg
>>>/g/mkg
>>>/g/spg
>>>/g/csg

related to programming can go here :
>>>/g/dpt
>>>/g/wdg

Gnu + linux stuff here :
>>>/g/fglt

We got too much general threads in /g/ edition
>>
>>55664983
You realize that by linking generals in the catalog, you reference this thread in all of them...
>>
What's a good mini computer to use as server?
Currently running a raspi 1 & 2, but they're not powerful enough. Any better alternatives?
GPIO is obviously unneccesary.
>>
File: 1466073885242.jpg (73KB, 337x473px) Image search: [Google]
1466073885242.jpg
73KB, 337x473px
I have 4chan x with Oneechan, but how do I get the threadwatcher window to stay persistent and in the right-hand column like how I see on some setups?
>>
Is there an adapter for this SSD?
mz-ntd1280/000

I need it to become an mSATA so that I can connect it to my Maximus Gene V mPCIe combo thing.

I'm so confused by all these specifications and shit. I found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-2-NGFF-SSD-to-Mini-PCI-E-mSATA-Adapter-Card-Replacement-Converter-Wholesale-/311426925853?hash=item48827dc51d:g:XywAAOSwUV9WpyJR

But when I read this part:
>About Mini PCIe SSD interface standard:

I become dizzy and want to puke.
>>
my pc froze while gaymen and when I restarted there was no sound. it says nothing is plugged in. all drivers are up to date and devices working properly. NVidia hd ports 0-4 not plugged in. tried different speakers no luck. is it the gpu ? its a 970
>>
I have LG F60 smartshiet and i cant play 360 vids with accelerometer only with the fingering mode. Helpme please
>>
Just realised my GPU is coil whining, is it something to be worried about other than the fact that it's noisy?
>>
How do I edit a movie so it takes exactly 1hour to display it in its entirety?
Preferrably on Linux
>>
I wish whoever thought that OpenXML is a good idea dies a painful death.
>>
What is easier to hack between a server of a website or a personal computer?

Assume both run Linux.
>>
File: 1.png (318KB, 809x582px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
318KB, 809x582px
What are the main disadvantages to a small flash drive (like left in pic related) compared to a regular sized one (like the right one) other than speed?

Are the small ones less durable and more prone to breaking (and fail sooner), or they're the same?
>>
>>55665790
Easier to loose?
>>
I'm writing a simple Chrome extension that records and displays some stats about your browsing habits. Is there a way to prevent the user from modifying the local storage?
>>
>>55665838
Yeah, I guess, but I'm interested to know about the technical differences.
>>
>>55665790
runs hotter than the larger one
>>
>>55665790
the tiny ones are great if you plan on leaving it plugged in for a while and rarely have it unplugged from a device. They are a lot easier to lose and don't wok well with keychains, so get the larger one if you plan on carrying it around not plugged in.
>>
>>55665850
desu didn't even know there were technical differences. Did you say they are slower?
>>
>>55665790
They should last about the same time. The only thing I'd be concerned with is if the enclosure design is pleasing and useful to me, and if the read/write speeds are sufficient.
>>
>>55665720
Not a question unless your raised your pitch on the word 'death'
>>
>>55665875
Some are, but maybe there are some super fast ones I don't know about.

The top tier ones with the maximum performance are always full-sized.

Also the storage capacity, but that's kind of obvious.
>>
File: meme.png (108KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
108KB, 1366x768px
If I wanted to have this for offline viewing, do I need to download pages or database?

How do I grab my own backup of the installgentoo wiki? I am at the download page but am not sure which files to grab or, if I were to grab the most 3 recent ones (7/20) how I would go about viewing them?
>>
>>55665912
>Also the storage capacity
The one in your pic is 64GB, do people really need that much space on a USB stick these days?
>>
Kind of a newbie at C++, and haven't really learned to use external libraries... I have the ImageMagick source code (I want to work with images), but I have no idea how to implement them into XCode
>>
>>55665982
You could probably use wget to download them, doesn't it work to just click on them though?
>>
Sometimes my keyboard keys will act like they're jammed, as if I were pressing them. Physically, they're normal, but when I'm playing games, they act like they're being pressed.
Also, they'll randomly fail when I press them, not sending the signal to the computer.

I'm using a brand-new HP laptop, so I was thinking that it could be a software problem, but it could be?
>>
Can somebody help my understand the following three lines of x86 assembly?
40112b:    79 44         jns     0x401171

40116f: d2 65 f5 shlb %cl,-0xb(%ebp)
401172: 30 53 e7 xor %dl,-0x19(%ebx)

As you can see the jns instruction jumps to address 0x401171. That address however is the last byte of the instruction at 0x40116f. What will happen during execution? Will it be skipped (or executed as a nop instruction) or is there an instruction encoded as part of some fancy optimization?
I highly doubt there is an instruction there, but jumping to a byte too early just seem wrong to me. This happens multiple times throughout the executable sometimes it's one byte other times two or three bytes early.

Also i assume that the disassembler didn't know the following instruction and i have to replace it manually?
4010cd:    da ea     (bad)
>>
>>55665987
It depends on what you use them for.
Some people need to carry large project files which used to require carrying hard drives and now only need a small flash drive in a pocket.

Some might need to carry some sort of library and large sizes are often lifechanging.

Also we're discussing the difference between them, so while it may not necessarily be a significant difference in our use of them, it's still worth mentioning.
>>
I bought a used Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
What's the easiest way to root this?
>>
I have a windows 7 SP1 re-install disk that's copyrighted 2011, so I'll have to go through 5 years worth of updates which can take hours. What are those two recommended updates that will speed up updating significantly?
>>
>>55666375

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3138612

You might also consider downloading the "convenience rollup" which is basically a SP2
>>
>>55665864
>>55665867
>>55665878
Alright, thank you guys.
>>
Is there a good, reliable way to activate windows 10 without paying?

There's 1 week left for the free upgrade, and I won't have my new PC by then. I've been using daz botnet for years with 0 issues.
>>
>>55665128
Turn on "Persistent Thread Watcher" in the 4chan X settings and move it to the right-hand column.
>>
>>55666523
Nigger Wangblows 7, upgrade to Wangblows 10.
>>
>>55666523
Oh, wait, nevermind.

Use KMSpico.
>>
>>55666558
refer to the second line of my post thanks
>>
>>55666528

Thanks very much. Should I just use custom CSS to make it the full width of the column from Oneechan?
>>
File: 1466436529288.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466436529288.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
I asked this previously but was just told to ask on a forum I didn't want to bother to register for, so reposting.

Can I use a PSU I purchase in bongland here in America?

It says it has "Full Range Auto Voltage Detection Design 100V~240V"

So the voltage difference shouldn't be an issue, right?

PSU in question: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/super-flower-leadex-platinum-750w-fully-modular-80-plus-platinum-power-supply-white-ca-045-sf.html
>>
>>55666638
Yes.
>>
>>55666523
Use the windows 10 tool by the daz people. Or buy a cheap key from kinguin. Or just leave it unactivated. It's pretty much exactly the same except for disabling one of the links to personalization.

DON'T use kmspico. That shit's riddled with malware. They should start putting psa's about it at the top of every sqt
>>
File: BluRay-Player-Disc-icon.png (43KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
BluRay-Player-Disc-icon.png
43KB, 256x256px
Are there any good standard bluray players out there?
Not the "streaming" or "app" ones?

Ive have a Sony BDP-BX370 and a Samsung BD-JM57C both have serious crippling software issues.
Luckily i got them at costco and returned them.

I have a Roku, I dont need the half assed streaming apps on a bluray player.

I just need a basic but reliable blu ray player, and the shitty software in these 80$ streaming ones is awful
>>
>>55666648
Great, thank you lad. Always wanted a Super Flower.
>>
>>55666638
It should work fine.
Most PSUs have a little red switch to change from 110 to 220v, so the majority work in both place.

Im guessing since it says "auto volt detection" there isnt a manual switch for it.
>>
Is VLC a viable Blu ray player? Are there any good free ones if your system didn't come with anything?
>>
>>55666579
refer to >>55666571 plz
>>
>>55666665
huh, I've been told the exact opposite about kmspico and daz in another thread.
nice almost sexes though. >>55666666
>>
File: 1.png (46KB, 616x519px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
46KB, 616x519px
VLC supposedly has metadata-editing features, right?

If I open a file and change some of them, a "save metadata" button will appear and the metadata will be saved when I close the window (as shown by the new title displayed as the file title), but when I close VLC and reopen it, the file still has the old metadata.

Does VLC only change the metadata for that specific session, or it should change it on the file itself (and somehow it's not working for me)?

Alternatively, is there a decent freeware program for Windows that allows me to do this?

Thanbks in advange.
>>
>>55666665
> DON'T use kmspico. That shit's riddled with malware.
Do you have any proofs?
>>
>>55666723
I bought an external USB bluray drive for my grandmother.
VLC plays discs perfectly fine in windows 10.

I couldnt get the autorun settings to work, but running from VLC was fine
>>
>>55666750
There has been malware versions of Dazloaders put out
Im betting this guy just got a nasty version from a bad source
KMSpico has been great for a long time
>>
>>55666605
That would be the way to do it.
>>
so I got a question about domain scope for umatrix. Let's just say for example I'm on google (It's just an example) and I can do global, google.com, and www.google.com. What would be the difference between setting it to google.com and www.google.com?
>>
>>55666671
used ps3 ?
>>
>>55666775
It should be noted that kmspico has to keep running on your computer, it's not a one and done thing. It basically gets you a 180 day trial of windows and keeps refreshing that trial. Both programs have bad sources, and it would be very difficult to determine if either had trojans in them.
>>
>>55666878
the dark blue (the last option) is the exact domain
the light blue (middle option) is the main domain, so everything under google.com like mail.google.com, images.google.com, maps.google.com etc, including google.com itself
>>
>>55666523
Does Microsoft Toolkit work? It worked for activating MS Office just fine, and I noticed it has options for other software, too...
>>
>>55666736
vlc can't edit webm metadata, you can use ffmpeg instead
>>
>>55667318
Okay, so if I want to only apply settings to the specific site I'm on, I use the last option, rather than the middle option?
>>
>>55667343
yeah
>>
>>55667340
>ffmpeg
Is there something like that, but with a GUI for special education kids like me?
>>
>>55667351
alright awesome, I'll make sure to do some reading on how domains and subdomains work with extenions like noscript or umatrix.
>>
>>55667365
don't use noscript and umatrix together, umatrix replaces noscript
>>
>>55667374
I'm not using noscript, I just brought it up because I used to use it and it does domains a bit differently than umatrix works. Plus TBB still uses noscript.
>>
>>55664983
What the fuck does the ./ in ./configure stand for?
Is it a command? what does it do? because ./configure isn't a command in itself, so what does the ./ do?
>>
>>55667400
A dot slash is a dot followed immediately by a forward slash ( ./ ). It is used in Linux and Unix to execute a compiled program in the current directory.
>>
>>55667400
. is the current directory
if you run "configure" alone it would look for an application in your $PATH

so ./configure runs the "configure" file in the directory you are currently in
>>
>>55667411
>>55667417
Thanks!
>>
When's the best time to buy parts for a new build? I don't want to go through the trouble of ordering a bunch of shit, building my PC, and then a few months down the road the graphics card I bought becomes cheaper or relatively more obsolete or whatever. Is there a time of year that's best or do companies just release things at random?
>>
>>55667598
there will always be newer stuff.
buy when you need, waiting for technology is nonsense.
>>
>>55667598
Prices are usually lowest around december, but I wouldn't wait for it. I'd go on slickdeals every day or two until your processor is on sale $50 or so below usual, then buy whatever you can that's on sale within a couple of weeks so you're still under warentee if something's doa.
>>
>>55666023
Are ZIM files only compatible with Kiwix? Or would they work with XOWA as well?

I want to be able to use both wikipedia and wiktionary at any given time.
>>
How do I test my android phone's battery health? I bought this off ebay and it came with 0% charge, which I suspect may have caused damaged.
>>
>>55667598
As a general rule if you're buying second hand then you want to buy last generation products after the new generation is announced, and preferably a couple weeks after the new generation comes out, idiots selling their high end, 1 year old GPUs or entire systems will sell for cheap. CPUs and the like don't really see a lot of turn over and aren't far off their new counterparts. If you are buying new it can be advantageous to stagger buying parts a couple weeks apart if it means getting deals, but don't be one of those idiots that has a 290 lying round because they still haven't gotten round to buying the rest of the system. New generation parts are cheapest new around a month and a half after parts hit shelves, the bubble of high demand and low supply has had time to stabilize and is a decent distance from the launch of the next generation.
>>
I want to build a new computer, but it should be able to double as a server. (DNS, file, ...)
What are some necessities for this? iirc you need quite some ram for fileservers.

Or is it better to just cut the budget and build a second for server purposes?
>>
What's the least shit file manager for android?
Also, least shit music player? (is there a good one that can alter playback speed/pitch shifting?)
>>
i need a copy of windows 8.1, but mediacreationtool shits the bed at the start of the download, and for some reason the secure download manager tool cant fucking download my legit copy of windows 8.1 from dreamspark. is there anywhere else i can get a legit copy of windows 8.1?
>>
Any good book to start with some penetration testings? and if you got a link to give me, thanks.
>>
phone screen got soaked and doesn't work anymore. its an old gingerbread phone so i don't mind it dying, but i need some files that were in the phone (not the sd card). when i connect it to the pc it pops up the box asking me if i want it to work as a drive, but i cant touch the option... how can i force it to connect as such, from the computer?
>>
>>55668029
You could go some sort of virtualisation route and devote some system cores and memory to running a server much like Linus has been creaming himself over for the past couple of months, grab a second hand xeon and some extra RAM or grab a server that's getting junked for cheap and throw a GPU into it.
>>
Are stick PC's any good or are they gimmicky shit? How far can you push it preformance-wise?
>>
Non windows fag here, a relative of mine uses windows 10 and i need to disble the graphic card to force his pc to use the integrated card.
Any idea?
>>
>>55668316
the bios should have a setting to do that
>>
>>55668330
I have to do this remotely, and the person in question won't be able to access or navigate the bios, doesn't w10 have a control panel or something?
>>
Is there a comprehensive, or constantly-updating list of updates to avoid for Windows 7? Jewgle returns several year old results and I certainly think the /g/ wiki is out of date.
>>
>>55668354
you could have a look at the configuration dialog of the graphics driver, but usually you do this in the bios.

you could try to plug the monitor into the motherboard instead, you'd have to do that anyway if you want to get a picture when disabling the dedicated card.
this might just disable it because nothing is plugged in.

what are you trying to do anyway?
>>
>>55668075
ES file explorer is pretty powerful once you figure it out. Handles network sharing, root access, I've even had it work out flashdrive support on a device that otherwise couldn't recognize them. The free version comes with a little bloat in that you can't turn off the app scanner, otherwise it's golden
>>
is SEASONIC M12II-620 BRONZE good
>>
>>55668127
Torrent it then use the official MSDN checksums
>>
>>55668402
Windows 7 self updated to 10 and video drivers are fucking up like crazy.
I'll have him switch video outputs, thanks.
>>
>>55668425
for what? to power quad gpus? no
>>
>>55668190
You can control the device by hooking up a mouse to its charging port via usb/otg cable. They're like $2, everyone should own 5
>>
>>55668432
where from? piratebay has no vanilla win 8.1 isos
>>
>>55668379

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/goto/post?id=2545330#post-2545330
>>
File: hans-gruber-fall-1080.jpg (100KB, 1920x812px) Image search: [Google]
hans-gruber-fall-1080.jpg
100KB, 1920x812px
what fucking cuck polutes every single general thread by writing generals in the title post?
you fucking retarded boyo?~!
>>
>>55665311
anyone ? anything ?
>>
>>55668479
https://www.pcsteps.com/45-download-windows-7-iso-legally-free-digital-river/
>>
File: 52117-17026-4.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
52117-17026-4.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
What is this type of connector called?
>>
>>55668575
digital river downloads are long gone
>>
>>55668579
its usually called dupont
>>
>>55668579
jumper cables
>>
File: image_13.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image_13.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
So I recently broke my desk top environment on my laptop. I tried to install LXQT on my Netrunner Ubuntu distribution using the following commands [ sudoaptinstalllxqtlubuntu-artworksddm-theme-lubuntu-chooserxserver-xorg-input-allxserver-xorg-video-allxserver-xorg-video-intel ] after I rebooted my device i was met by a black screen with a cursor. I can right click to access terminal emulator and a web browser. >How do I switch back to KDE?
I can't connect to any network be it wired or wireless, I am not sure why.
Hopefully that's enough information.
Thanks.
Ubuntu 16.04
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468969603356.jpg (19KB, 285x515px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468969603356.jpg
19KB, 285x515px
I want to buy a GPU to pair a g4400 have to decide between a new r7 250 or a used 750 ti

Both at 80 eurodollarydoos

Wich is best? I know nvidia one is already abandonware but probably not going to be gimped since is already low end
But I have no idea about amd plans for this GCN generation
Thanks
>>
File: amazon.png (2KB, 151x151px) Image search: [Google]
amazon.png
2KB, 151x151px
If I buy something on Amazon, can the seller see my credit card details (and potentially sell it, take money, etc), or it's all handled by Amazon?

If the product is sold and shipped by Amazon, then it would be impossible to have problems like this (unless it's a rogue employee or something like that), right?
>>
>>55668587
I know. That page isn't for the digital river downloads, they just haven't changed the link for legacy reasons.
>>
>>55668667
i also cant use 7 for driver reasons
>>
Why does copying files from my hdd to a usb storage take longer than copying files from the same usb storage to the ps3's hdd?
>>
>>55668683
because cheap usb drives have an okayish read speed but shit write speed.
>>
>>55668442
for a single gtx 1070
this is the build http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dNvP3F
evga gs 650w is like 50 more euros where i buy the parts from
>>
>>55668734
yeah it's fine
>>
>>55668734
>windows 10

you're memeing, aren't you anon?
>>
>>55668682
What doesn't work on 7?
>>
File: KE2xMEt.jpg (27KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
KE2xMEt.jpg
27KB, 500x353px
>>55668821
Intel Skylake™ Processor features

And a lot of other shit, it's 9 years old OS for fucks sake, get on with the time, gramps
>>
>>55668800
I live in Albania so I dont care if w10 monitors my porn they wouldnt care. I also dont save cp pics or mlp pics unlike u.
There's literally nothing wrong with w10.
>>
Just use ebay & paypal, sellers with high ratings aren't scammers

also, ebay and paypal will side with you if you are a buyer and claim you got scammed, no matter what the circumstances are or even if you're lying. It is totally true, look it up.

I just sold an item on ebay and I am still waiting for my money to be released from a holding verification stage, even though I sent it to the guys house more than one week ago and he received it. Why? - because paypal and ebay jew you if you are a normal guy selling stuff on ebay, they don't give a fuck about you.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I don't care. You're going about your online shopping wrong from the get go.
Also read
https://stallman.org/amazon.html
>>
>>55668821
certain drivers for a shitty consumer grade laptop i need up and running ASAP
>>
>>55668856
Oh, a shitskin. Carry on, Mehmet
>>
>>55668854
Motherboard manufacturers put out utilities to patch the windows 7 install for skylake.

I think all the arguments in choosing an os either point to windows 7 or 10; 8.1 is an odd choice. If you're set on 8 either look around for and official torrent and validate via msdn or find another pc to try downloading your copy on.
>>
I need to become proficient in Excel. I got 5 days. Right now I just know the basics of it. Give me good online tutorials or something.
>>
Is Tixati safe? It's very customizeable, and seems kinda legit but it's not on the debian repo so this raises some flags for me.

Also I'm super-pissed because it deleted a gig of some file I was torrenting on transmission while starting the torrent. Apparently it has a bug that makes it intermittently check the validity of files and insome cases, It deleted and starts over.

Question:
Can I get that file back? It's not in the trash BTW. Should I even use Tixati? My customization boner says yes. Do you?

BTW running Debian Jessie
>>
>>55668916
Oh i dont know shit about history but anyway ill keep on shitposting on gentoo, /g/s favorite os, while using google ultron.
Carry on Chad.
>>
Explain singletons to me like I'm a shambling ninnyhammer. What they are, why I should care, etc.
>>
File: this isn't blini.jpg (139KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
this isn't blini.jpg
139KB, 1023x682px
>>55668948
You don't understand...
You can't use Skylake specific features under other OS, it's locked to 10. Also DirectX12. 7 also has a relatively fucking terrible Task Manager. Honestly I don't understand why do people even praise 7 so much when 8.1 is literally better in ever way (except Metro apps, which are optional anyway). And 10 is even better than 8.1 (except you have to be tech-literate to disable all the telemetry and shit)
And 7 cannot even be installed via USB 3.0 or 3.1. It also has way worse support for SSDs.

Why would he download 8 instead of 8.1???
Also the media creation tool is his only choice.
>>
File: IMG_20160720_140442.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160720_140442.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
This doesn't come out even if I pull with pliers
What the fuck do I do
>>
>>55669129

Stand on the board. Bend over. Grab it and pull while keeping both feet on the board
>>
>>55669151
Epic.
>>
>>55669083
The usb 3.0/3.1 thing is what I was talking about with the patching. Somebody asks about it every 2 or 3 days on here.
>>
>>55669157

If you want more meme advice, I've also got
>put it in the freezer so the metal contracts and you can pull it out effortlessly
>>
Would r7 360 be considered an upgrade to my 5850?
>>
>>55669032
tix is ugly and bloated as fuck

I've never had issues with transmission ever, since the beginning.

Unless you've mounted it ro, and havent written anything else on the disk, you may be able too. try testdisk
>>
>>55669076
instead of creating a new object every time you create it once and reuse it.

imagine you want to show tv shows through a tv.
instead of buying a new tv for every show and then destroying it you buy it once and show all shows through the same one without destroying it.
>>
>>55669263

Okay, that's reasonable. Thanks.
>>
im finna build me a digital fx-pedal for my pedalboard (yaknow music, guitar..). got an arduion (leonardo) lyin around that i never did anything with, so i thought i'll just try usin that but gettin the ide to compile anything is a fuckin hassle. is it even worth it? am i wastin my time? should i use something else?
>>
My old 8800GT has shit thermal tape and gets super hot. I can't seem to find a straight answer on what I should be replacing it with. The thermal tape I can find comes in a bunch of difference thicknesses and I don't have anything capable of measuring how thick the tape on there is right now and it's been squashed by years of pressure anyway.

So, what size thermal tape should I be using on a graphics card for the memory chips, since I have heard you should not use grease on them because the surfaces don't make enough contact.
>>
It started this week, I've been getting some freezing/stuttering in just Overwatch. The game will lock up for about a second occasionally causing me to fuck up or die. I've tried lowering my settings, doesn't do shit.
>>
I want to regulary sync my laptop and main computer. What's the best(fastest/pratical) way to transfer and sync files? When they're next to each other?
>>
>>55669539
an ethernet cable and robocopy/rsync
>>
Are there any Chrome extensions that allow you to whitelist/blacklist cookies from specific sites?

Also, what languages are used for browser extension development?
>>
>>55669539
A shamans prayer and a siphon
>>
I need an ethernet cable to connect a n300 comcast router to my pc for every day internet usage. I have absolutely no idea wich kind of cable i need.
If it helps i dont live between giant magnets and the cable won't be near other cables.
If it's not asking too much a link to amazon or a name would be great.
>>
File: audition.png (70KB, 1447x787px) Image search: [Google]
audition.png
70KB, 1447x787px
I have an AT2020 and an ART USB DualPre. Which settings should I go with to maximize audio quality? Gonna be recording my voice.
>>
Within CKD volume why primary extent can be split into 5 extents? Why not the volume limit 16? Is there some logic behind those 5 extents?
>>
I really need you help guys.
Problem:
Traffic Shaping with tc (traffic control) from linux.

While I can Shape outgoing traffic, I cannot shape incoming traffic. By shaping i mean "limiting bandwidth".

I found out, that you cannot shape the traffic when its already arrived on the interface. But why you cant hold them back and release it with the wanted data rate?

I also read, that you can "just drop tcp" packets. The congestion algorithm of TCP would make the Sender to slow down the sending rate.

BUT couldnt I just delay the incomming traffic, which would lead to that my ACK packets would send later, what would let the sender think "CONGESTION, I NEED TO SLOW DOWN".

sorry for my broken english. But i need the answer as quick as possible...

thank you guys
>>
File: setup.png (20KB, 822x498px) Image search: [Google]
setup.png
20KB, 822x498px
i have a setup like this
sometimes when the hifi is turned on i can see interference strobing on my monitor connected via VGA
it also sometimes happens when the printer in another room is printing
what exactly is causing this? (what is the hifi doing to interfere) and how can i fix this? thanks
>>
>>55670015
You can fix it by advancing into 21st century and using digital inputs such as: DVI-D, DVI-D Dual-link, HDMI or DisplayPort
>>
>>55668029
>I want to build a new computer, but it should be able to double as a server. (DNS, file, ...)
>What are some necessities for this? iirc you need quite some ram for fileservers.

>Or is it better to just cut the budget and build a second for server purposes?
Why would you like to use powerful PC for a purpose like this? My server is build on shitty passive cooled desktop. If you use Linux without X server for it it will consume like 300MB of ram fileserver doesn't need that much ram..
>>
>>55670043
my laptop only has 1xHDMI & 1xVGA
>>
>>55670058
Why do you use 2 external monitors connected to a laptop anyway?
>>
>>55669909
It really doesn't matter. Unless you're trying to run it across a building full of florescent lighting or outside pretty much any cable will work. Get cat 5e or cat 6 if you're worried about it being good enough for gigabit ethernet, but even that's overkill for internet speeds really.
>>
I want to try out another linux distribution for educational purposes, what's the best thing to dual boot: Arch or Gentoo?

Please no memes.
>>
>>55670068
because i can?
i used to have 1 monitor in dorm and 1 at home, now that it's summer break i have both of them at home and i use them
>>
I bought a MacBook pro in 2011 from Apple that got recalled and they were going to replace the logic board for free but they said it has water damage which disqualifies it. Essentially they are saying a part they were going to throw in the trash has extra damage so they won't do it. Fucking scam artists will never take my money again. Anyway, do I have any recourse here?
>>
>>55670004
Tcp doesn't reason in terms of lateness if it's not late enough to cause a timeout, you would end up having a hiccup bandwith due to timeout algorithms.
Not sending an ack would mean the resize of the congestion window, if you do something that's the equivalent of:
- (bandwith > X)? then drop ack
you will still have hiccup bandwith but wayyy plainer hiccups.
At the same time you could resize the receiving window to limit the bandwith, since if the transfer time is bottlenecked by the RTTT you would end up with a bandwith of about (Rec window)/RTT, because you are receiving a window every rtt; this would help you shape the incoming traffic, i believe.
You would still have the problem of udp traffic.
>>
Should I upgrade to Windows 10 or stick with 8.1?
>>
Best 10 inch tablet for less than $200? No chink shit please.
>>
>>55670086
for educational it depends on your current knowledge and what you want to do with it.
Gentoo might be better.
If you got more time you should look at LFS which is more educative than those two.
>>
>>55670104
Thanks alot!
This explains it really good i guess.

You really cant shape UDP, thats right. Dropping or delaying incoming UDP packets are senseless.
>>
In Safari on iOS, when I do an "open in background", sometimes the animation will go to the upper left corner of the screen, and other times it will go to the lower right corner (and bounce the tabs icon). What causes this difference?
>>
>>55670093
Someone please help me...
>>
>>55670109
Would you benefit from improved SSD support and DX12? If yes then go ahead. Just don't forget O&O's ShutUp10 and disable everything except Windows Defender to get rid of the botnets

Also right after it updates go into settings and reset the theme, it carries broken borders and generally shit that doesn't look good mashed together with new UI that carried over from 8.1 to make you think the GUI is the same. You'll know what I mean...

Also no more Metro apps, the ones that open fullscreen and shit.
I honestly have nothing bad to say about 10 after upgrading from 8.1. It just removed some old software without really asking me and I guess the botnet is annoying that you need to go out of your way to disable. And of course the inconsistent UI. But we're getting bash integrated into 10!
>>
>>55670078
Allright thanks a lot friend.
>>
Building an HTPC from leftover parts.
>AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800 (2.01ghz)
>Radeon HD 6950
Will this decode and play up to x265 HEVC video? None of my content goes beyond 1080p, and although I generally just watch rips/re-encodes, all of my good quality BD remuxes are x264. I assume those will play fine even if they are high bitrate, but not so sure about HEVC.
>>
What's the best way to convert mp4 (youtube) videos into audio formats?
>>
>>55670257
download and extract audio track 1 with ffmpeg

Or be lazy and use something like vidtomp3.com
>>
>>55670257
ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -vn -acodec copy audio.aac

or use youtube-dl or jdownloader or youtube center or whatever to just download the audio stream to begin with
>>
File: 1416635607282.png (7KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
1416635607282.png
7KB, 377x326px
I made a few things via javascript:

a weather viewer
a wikipedia search
a random quote getting thing
and a twitch viewer (only shows specific channels)

I'm learning jQuery and angular on the side as well ad django

I plan on making a few more things as well. Is this enough to be considered for a job and what else should I do?
>>
>>55670315

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

no
>>
File: microphone.png (36KB, 857x594px) Image search: [Google]
microphone.png
36KB, 857x594px
>>55669933
Why does the new microphone stop working when the built-in microphone is disabled?
>>
>>55670284
Ill check out ffmpeg. vidtomp3 may work but I hate using the mp3 file format.

>>55670304
Im assuming you would need linux to run that command line?

Ive tried using youtube center and it never works for. And yes I do use the developer version. So now im just using an addon called "downloads youtube videos as mp4" (creative name). Unfortunately, and hence it's name, it doesnt offer the flexibility to chose a file type.
>>
>>55670368
you really want youtube-dl and ffmpeg.
>>
>>55670389
Ok, so the code thats posted here >>55670304, do I just paste that into youtube-dl?
>>
Installed W10 on somewhat old laptop with 3 gigs of ddr2 ram and now I see in task manager and resource monitor that something is using 2 gigs of ram at idle yet nothing is showing in the processes, what do?
>>
>>55670109
http://pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
>>
http://www.toon.is/ed-edd-n-eddy-4x06-little-ed-blue-a-twist-of-ed-video_bbb5a7183.html

How can I download the video off this page?
>>
>>55670413
nigga are you bamboozling us?

Download a video
Open ffmpeg.bat
run:
ffmpeg -i C:\Users\AutismRevelations\input.mp4 -vn -acodec copy output.aac

And do whatever you want to do with the audio file (located in ffmpeg\bin\output.aac)
>>
>>55670257

http://www.freemake.com/offline/offline_videodownloader/
>>
File: fan config.jpg (203KB, 831x620px) Image search: [Google]
fan config.jpg
203KB, 831x620px
Is this the best fan configuration I can go for?

The GPU has one intake fan which ends up exhausting against the current of the front intakes.
>>
is computer science really a meme or is it worth it? i don't want to waste my time on a meme.
>>
>>55670468
Alright, this makes sense. I was just being stupid earlier.
>>
>>55665790
I've got the one on the left, it runs really, really hot. At times almost burning hot to the touch and I think there's been reports of it melting some ports but you'll have to look into that a bit. It's pretty cool otherwise though
>>
File: 1372673288457.png (2KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
1372673288457.png
2KB, 142x138px
I don't know shit about video encoding

I've got Avidemux, say I cut out a 10 second clip from video X and save it. If I later open the 10 second clip and cut it to a 4 second clip and re-encode it, will there be a loss in quality? Will it be significant?
>>
>>55670487
>>55670413
to download run
youtube-dl -f "bestaudio" https://youtube.com/watch?v=abcd

and then convert it with ffmpeg
>>
>>55670486
please define what you think the word "meme" means

Try to be as specific as you can.
>>
What are some good resources for learning c#?
>>
>>55670534
an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
>>
>>55670337
Where do i go from here?
I have a few other projects almost done. A few other ideas as well.

What would help me get a job? I'm not applying at google or anything.
>>
>>55670570
In your own words please.
>>
>>55670520
or you can just do this
youtube-dl -x https://youtube.com/watch?v=abcd
>>
>>55670492
Thanks for letting me know Anon.
>>
>>55670616
scam
>>
How do I maintain pc after Ive built it? Just clean the dust with compressed air?
>>
>>55670206
probably not. Don't buy apple products, we warned you they were shit.

>>55670355
probably an issue with pulseaudio. Damn you Pottering!

>>55670467
http://toon.is/vids/Ed%20Edd%20n%20Eddy/Season%204/Ed,%20Edd%20n%20Eddy%20-%204x06%20-%20Little%20Ed%20Blue%20-%20A%20Twist%20of%20Ed.mp4
right click > save as...
on the page you gave you can right click and inspect the elements, or view the source code, where there's the link to the video.
>>
I just need a cheap psu, will this do the job? says it has a three year warranty so I'm not worried about it breaking

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104193&cm_re=berserker_500w-_-17-104-193-_-Product
>>
>>55668470
whaaaat
interesting
thanks
>>
File: 1442985425978.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1442985425978.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>55670822
Thanks a bunch anon!
>>
What are some good youtube channels for programming and tech content??
>>
>>55654394
anyone?
>>
>>55670478
pls help, GPU is now hotter thanks to fans
>>
File: switch.jpg (312KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
switch.jpg
312KB, 1632x1224px
i accidentally pressed this switch in my closet and now i cant unpress it. it triggered the burglar alarm and its really fucking loud and wont stop please help me. how do i unpress this?
>>
>>55665844
Encrypt the storage and then decrypt on read? Make it almost impossible to read the data?
>>
I5 4690k or 6600k. Any reason i wouldnt be better off getting the cheaper one. As far as ive seen the performance doesnt really make much of a difference.
>>
>>55671000
guys please help its really loud and wont stop
>>
I'm building a new PC to replace my "current" one (parts died, decided to just say fuck it and buy a new one). Would it be worth keeping the i5 2500k if I'm going with a 1070? It's like 4-5 years old so I'm a it worried about the CPU dying.
>>
Google started adding the "you need to consent to our privacy policy before you can continue using our services" popup on non regional variants.

What are some efficient filters for ublock to get rid of it?
I have
http://pastebin.com/4wV9CK1C

Using this atm but it also blocks the scrollbar.
>>
if i buy windows when building a new pc do I need an optical drive to install it with? Would this do
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-GP57EB-Ultra-Portable-DVD-RW/dp/B00OIZ1HBY
>>
>>55671300
You can put the ISO on a flash drive and install it from there, so you don't need an optical drive in this instance.

I'd still advise you to get one for your build since CDs aren't 100% phased out and you might need to read one once in a while.

If you want to save money now though, it's not a priority (especially if you already have another computer that can read CDs).
>>
Old laptop here (Toshiba Satellite A300)

This thing is running fairly hot. The owner is asking if temps of 70C are normal for this thing. Should something be done quickly or is it just supposed to be this hot?
>>
File: switch.jpg (236KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
switch.jpg
236KB, 1224x1632px
i accidentally pressed this switch in my closet and now i cant unpress it. it triggered the burglar alarm and its really fucking loud and wont stop please help me. how do i unpress this?
>>
>>55671354
Try to cut the power off and turning it on again.
>>
>>55671252
CPUs rarely ever "die" unless you overclock the motherfuck out of them. The 2500 is probably going to be a solid choice for another few years. Unless you're doing something extremely CPU intensive like VR, I'd say stick with that one for a few years.
>>
>>55671364
cut the power off? you mean by the fusebox?
>>
>>55671405
Sorry English is my third language and I don't know the names of such things.

I meant turning the switch off of whatever cuts the power from the device. I don't know how it's wired. It's up to you to find out where.
>>
>>55671405
Or an ax to the power line, whatever's more convenient.
>>
My motherboard has an auto-OC feature that overclocks my 6600K to 4.1 GHz. Max temperature I've ever seen from running mprime was 65°C. Would this OC reduce the lifespan of my CPU?
>>
>>55671344
Alright Ill get one anyway since they're cheap. Would the one I linked above do? I know nothing about them so I dont want to get the wrong thing.
>>
This might be a stupid question, but what is UDP even good for? I understand it's used for multimedia applications where latency and time are more important than the intact-ness of the pakets,
but in that case you could just skip the whole transport layer altogether, and wrap the message into an IP datagram without using a transport protocol at all.
What does UDP do specifically that makes it worth using at all?
>>
>>55671465
I don't know. Haven't been in the market for one of them for many years and have no idea about what's a good buy right now.
>>
>>55671465
Yeah it looks decent.
>>
Where can I host links to pirated content?
I want to link to it and do some add-affiliate link thing.
I looked at a few places but every one says something in their TOS.
I'm guessing I'll have to find some service in a weird country that doesn't respect copyright laws?
Help?
Also, what affiliate site would I use?
A lot of the popular ones have rules about piracy also.
>>
File: monkey_smile.jpg (17KB, 456x631px) Image search: [Google]
monkey_smile.jpg
17KB, 456x631px
>>55671469
It rustles your jimmies. And that's worth all the packet loss in the world
>>
What's the best Linux distro that'd be suited for a touchscreen laptop? I'm looking for something that'd be great on battery life, too.
>>
>>55666671
just get a used ps3
>>
>>55671454
Sounds like a very modest OC, but voltage is an important factor
>>
>>55671669
Vcore is 1.344.
>>
>>55671387
So it's worth losing out on DDR4 to keep the 2500k?
>>
>>55671795
You didn't actually go into detail about what parts you were going to buy
>>
File: P1130689.jpg (45KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
P1130689.jpg
45KB, 600x338px
Getting a 12" MB as a light productivity device to use on the train. m5 512GB space grey sensible option? I can get one for about £950 through work. If you want to suggest alternative devices feel free but must be light (<1.5kg), able to charge from battery, not look like a gaudy POS (i.e. ruling out HP Spectre).
>>
Is there any way I could delete an Android system file without needing to root the phone?

It came with a bogus weather app already installed, it has a trojan dropped tucked away in it, and a factory reset can't touch it.
>>
Giant newfag here.

Is it worth upgrading to Windows 10? I'm on 7, and all the articles say 10 is better, but I hear it does a lot of data mining? To what extent?
>>
>>55671845
It sends a lot of data to Microsoft, like names of files you open and text you type in certain places
People will defend it as harmless anonymous information but it has a unique machine identifier which can easily be tied to a person given how much data they collect.

If you don't care about that its a perfectly fine OS
>>
>>55671885
do you have a source for that
>>
>>55671844
You could try letting avast take a stab at it, but as a general rule, no. Sytem files are protected. It's like trying to modify a system file in linux with secure boot on and no root privileges. I'd just root it if you've actually got a trojan. Or return it.
>>
File: 1469048069029.png (68KB, 1010x593px) Image search: [Google]
1469048069029.png
68KB, 1010x593px
>>55671919
>>
Where can I get real coding experience working on real programs? Things I could put on my cv and mention in job interviews
>>
>>55672039
>This privacy statement applies to the pre-release Microsoft Windows software, services and related experiences, including program websites and software that display or link to this notice (the “Program”).
>>
>>55672081
http://www.newsweek.com/windows-10-recording-users-every-move-358952?piano_d=1
>>
>>55671885
Is it safe to download torrents with 10?
>>
Does the z97 chipset allow OC? If not, which 1150 socket chipsets allow OC?

[spoiler]Are there any mATX 1150 motherboards that allow OC? ATX is fine.[/spoiler]
>>
What's an affordable price I should be paying for a 27" 144hz 1440p monitor?
>>
R9 290 vs R9 390,
is the 390 worth for the extra dollaridoos?

and if so, 290 vs 290X,
is the 290X worth for the extra dollaridoos?
>>
>>55672110
>We collect content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the services you use. For example, if you receive an email using Outlook.com, we need to collect the content of that email in order to deliver it to your inbox, display it to you, enable you to reply to it, and store it for you until you choose to delete it.
makes sense, right

>Additionally, your typed and handwritten words are collected to provide you a personalized user dictionary, help you type and write on your device with better character recognition, and provide you with text suggestions as you type or write.
So every phone is a keylogger now, because my android does exactly the same thing.

and if you continue reading
>You can turn off Input Personalization at any time. This will stop the data collection for this feature and will delete associated data stored on your device, such as your local user dictionary and your input history.

I just flew over it, but seems reasonable.
>>
What the hell is all the differences between all the different GTX1070s? Like, right now on Newegg, there's 3 different versions, but I dont see any differences between them all, except one says "Gaming" and costs $200 more, and one costs only $400, and seems fine to me.
>>
>>55672284
different PCB layouts, coolers, some are already overclocked
>>
>>55672297

So basically, nothing important. Got it.
>>
File: 20160305_175232[1].jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20160305_175232[1].jpg
74KB, 800x600px
Might not be fitting for this thread but:

This is my usb desk ventilator. After a few months of use it either doesn't turn on when I flick the switch or it's spinning very weak. Sometimes however it does spin at it's normal power but only for a few minutes.

Any idea how I could fix this?
>>
>>55672311
for some.
if you plan to upgrade to water cooling later you might want one with a normal PCB layout and then replace the cooler with water cooling.
if your card has a special pcb layout it wouldn't fit.
and already overclocked cards _usually_ have a higher chance to get an even higher clock rate compared to a non overclocked one.
>>
I just built a new rig with the 1060, I've got everything hooked up but the GPU will spin its fans for like 5 seconds during boot up and then stop its fans... Why is it doing that? The motherboard is telling me the GPU is recognised... I tried to get the drivers for it but my motherboard doesn't seem to react to my Ethernet cable. Any ideas what's going on?
Mono is z170 gaming pro
GPU is GTX 1060
>>
>>55672341

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Jyb7WX

This is my build (minus video card). I dont have any plans really for water cooling and overclocking.

So can I use this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814126112

With that build?
>>
>>55672385
sure, just make sure the card fits and isn't too long.
reference coolers tend to be a bit more noisy though, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>55672415

Noise aint really an issue to me, Ive been using a laptop that sounds like a jet engine with loose screws for years now, with a fan on 24/7. So it cant possibly be worse.

And my case is an ATX full tower, as noted in my build.
>>
1 = 37.5
.50 = 18.75
.25 = 9.375
x = 6

solve for x
>>
Are there any risks when getting torrents for Windows 10? Can the Windows 10 spying get you in trouble?
>>
when did it become standard to have dwight as the OP image?
>>
>>55672523
ReferenceError: invalid assignment left-hand side
>>
>>55672527
why not just download it from microsoft directly
>>
If I partition my second hard drive in half to install a linux distro on it. will it have a chance of messing up like 20GB of storage torrents etc? or is it in total safe zone. the HD is 240GB
>>
How is: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dJx4qk looking? Already have an i5 2500k (old but all research suggests it should be fine), planning on OC, might go fan instead of liquid for less maint/wont be going crazy on OC.
>>
I just got a new laptop, which is 64-bit, but everything is downloading in 32-bit. Does anyone know why? I have no idea how to fix this.
>>
>>55672605
2500k is lga 1155, motherboard is lga 1150, it won't fit together.
>>
>>55672616
what is everything?
most software lets you choose which to download but defaults to 32bit.
>>
>>55672621
oh fucking whoops, I was wondering why I was getting weird results
>>
>>55672552
I just want to know if 1 ='s 37.5

how much would I need to get =6
>>
>>55672672
divide 6 by 37.5
>>
File: 1467242409367.jpg (379KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1467242409367.jpg
379KB, 1111x597px
What are some good televisions I can buy in Australia? Unfortunately the famous Vizio P/D series that everyone recommends seem to be US only.

Budget around $2,000
>>
File: 1469035023652.png (1MB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1469035023652.png
1MB, 1252x1252px
>>55664983
Can't find the appropriate general so posting here.

Any laptop buying advice?
-Budget is max $800
-Good build quality
-Needs an SSD
-Needs 8GB of RAM
-Needs a skylake or better processor
-No Apple/Chromebook

I'm just looking for a solid, everyday use non-gaming laptop that will last me a while. I thought one of the Dell XPS 13's were going to be it but then I found out about the shotty wireless care.
>>
>>55672723
more details, 3d or not, 4k or not, with or without tuner, does it need to be smart, do you want a high refresh rate, etc
>>
Is there a way to make a desktop application in C that uses WebKit to render the GUI? I know there's a C++ library but I was wondering if there also was pure C.
>>
File: Openwrt_Logo.svg.png (11KB, 250x58px) Image search: [Google]
Openwrt_Logo.svg.png
11KB, 250x58px
How to built openwrt firmware with built-in packages?
Yes i marked them with asterisk in menuconfig. It dont werk anymore.
>>
>>55672799
http://stackoverflow.com/a/199422
>>
File: 1444606989962.png (67KB, 249x288px) Image search: [Google]
1444606989962.png
67KB, 249x288px
I accidentally deleted some stuff and I used a recovery program to recover them. Some of those files were Save backups from windows recovery and they got in my desktop

I'm trying to delete them and they are in use by system, I erased the system permissions to that archive and it still stays in use so I can't delete them (this is what google suggested)

I've tried killbox, mounting them with daemon tools somehow, data recovery and a miriad of things I've found to no avail, I'm honestly lost on what to do
>>
>>55672757

>4k or not

Good quality 1080p is preferred over a mediocre 4K panel.

>high refresh rate

50/60Hz is fine

>tuner

?

>3D

No

>Smart

No
>>
>>55672218
Nobody's telling you what to do. You asked. Plenty of people have made the argument that microsoft has reasons for collecting this stuff, or that it's no big, or that andrapple does it too. They full on keylog you, and scan your emails, and turn it over to law enforcement pretty frequently, but they do give reasons for it. That's the norm now. Once you get used to a new norm, anybody who doesn't accept it seems like a Luddite or extremist whackjob. It's all a matter of perspective. I can understand people who have gone all there entire lives with the expectation that it is possible to type a key with out it automatically being sent to their software company, government and add agency, perhaps getting a little bothered by the change. And I can see you and most people coming along now and not really giving a shit. That's people for ya.
>>
Would a I5 2300 bottleneck a 1070?
>>
>>55672892
To a degree yes but it week be far from a debilitating bottleneck.

And that bottleneck will be further alleviated with the new APIs.
>>
File: mouse.jpg (61KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
mouse.jpg
61KB, 500x471px
Whats the purpose of this clamp thing? I just took mine off my mouse out of curiosity and its just normal cable underneath
>>
>>55672646
everything I download from the internet. the programs look all fuzzy because of the 32 bit im sure. Everything I downloaded from steam to speccy to cccleaner all didn't give me the option to choose; it just defaulted to 32 bit
>>
>>55672940
not everything is available in 64bit, so it'll just run in 32bit.
and it looking fuzzy is definitely not coming from them being 32bit.
do you have higher dpi/zoom setting? some software doesn't support this so it gets zoomed in and then looks blurry.
>>
if i have a cherry mx board, can i put model m key caps on it? how about topre keys?
>>
>>55672924
it's a ferrite bead, see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_bead
>>
>>55672621
Well, it's a right fucking pain trying to find a 1155 motherboard (not surprising). I've already got SSDs. How about: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8tpfHN
>>
>>55672982
a h110 doesn't let you overclock, so either drop the k version of the CPU or get a z170 motherboard.
and don't forget it needs DDR4 RAM, not DDR3 what you have now. DDR3 won't fit.
>>
Hey faggots.

Where can I find coding projects to work on so I can gitgud? (Specifically c# related).

Thanks.
>>
File: 321312321.jpg (609KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
321312321.jpg
609KB, 1920x1080px
>>55672963
A lot of programs look really blurry. Can you tell in this screenshot? The laptop resolution is at 1920x1080 and all window programs look clean and crisp
>>
>>55673053
it looks like scaling is on and the application doesn't support this, so it just gets scaled up and results in a blurry image.

right click on the desktop -> display settings
there's a zoom slider above orientation, put it to 100% and it should look how it should be.
mind you if you're on a small screen everything will look tiny
>>
>>55672906
I thought dx12 and vulkan use more core processors better why would it profit?
>>
>>55673080
ah thanks. But yeah, now everything is extremely small. Anyway to counter this?
>>
>>55673131
More draw calls on current CPUs = less CPU bottleneck
>>
>>55673139
get a bigger screen or enable scaling again.
or yell at the programmer of the software you want to use for being shit.
>>
Will I be lowering my gpu's performance by using my other pci slots? ie is a pci ssd or wifi card going to take lanes away from the gpu?
>>
File: 1468720028746.png (211KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468720028746.png
211KB, 1000x900px
Tried everything in my knowledge to get this video card to work, picked up a titan z
Fans turn on everything is good, but I get no video from the card itself, no matter the port. even with it installed my motherboard defaults to using its onboard graphics, and it doesn't show up in device manager
I've got adequate power, most recent motherboard drivers, seated and unseated it restlessly
at what point should I give up on it? The card itself looks absolutely flawless
>>
File: core-i5-4690k-4-1280x1024.jpg (133KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
core-i5-4690k-4-1280x1024.jpg
133KB, 1280x1024px
>Buy an NH-D15 for my 4690k
>Can't even get a stable 4.5GHz OC with 1.3v

Should I just end it /g/?
>>
>>55666028
Anyone knows?
>>
>>55672972
topre needs and adapter. not sure about model m though
>>
File: 1460823067138.jpg (353KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1460823067138.jpg
353KB, 1280x1707px
If I'm upgrading my GPU from 960 to 1070 do I need to uninstall all the drivers before I replace the card or can I just put in the 1070 then update the drivers via the GeForce experience program or whatever it was called
>>
>>55673383
Is it doing a few particular actions over and over?
>>
>>55673560
Nope, they just keep failing when I press them.

But something that happens only with the arrow keys (both of them: the numpad ones and the normal ones) is that they act like they're still being pressed when I've released the button, and I have to click them again to stop this. This doesn't happen with any of the other keys.
>>
>>55673658
All I can suggest is that sometimes what seems like multiple keys can actually be caused by one or two. I would try finding a program that lets you disable particular keys at the software level and try shutting them off 1 by 1. Happened to me on an HP once, took me 8 hours to figure out.
>>
>>55673710
Thanks friend, do you know what program does this?
>>
File: 765387.png (73KB, 1023x625px) Image search: [Google]
765387.png
73KB, 1023x625px
Just ordered pic related. How'd I do?
>>
>>55673938
Follow question: Should I pick up a third part heatsink? If so, think I can find a decent one at Best Buy? I don't want to wait for shipping.
>>
>>55673874
http://download.cnet.com/SharpKeys/3000-2094_4-75803009.html

Generally it will detect whatever is being pressed. It may not work with some "special keys", but it did in my case
>>
>>55673938

You could save a few bucks by dropping the PSU to 650w.

Also it might run a little sluggish without any drives.
>>
>>55674067
Got storage covered. I actually got the a psu from a friend who ordered it by accident. It was cheap and new. Same with the 1070.

But about my heatsink question. Any advice? I don't want to use my old one. It's a 212 but it's several years old.
>>
Is there a "default" release of android I can flash onto any android device?
I have a p shitty prepaid phone, and I'd like to be able to have the most recent release of android, which is 6.0 as far as I know

>Current phone: Samsung Galaxy Prevail LTE
>Current carrier: Boost Mobile
>Current Android on my phone: 4.4.4
>>
I'm trying to remove malware from my second PC, and I accidentally deleted the entire "regid.1991-06.com.microsoft" folder. Once I realized it contained a swidtag, I tried to restart the computer in the hopes that the system would replace it. It booted to a black screen, so I got the same file from my current laptop on a USB key and replaced the folder on the other computer.

My question is: if I restart, is that going to permanently fuck up the infected computer? I'm too scared to reboot now, because I finally got it to load properly and I don't want to risk it not loading again.

Is the swidtag unique to each device or is it the ID tag of all Windows products?
>>
>>55674108
just get cm13
>>
>>55674209
There's no CM13 release for my phone m9, it's that bullshit and obscure
>>
>>55674264
rip
>>
>>55674108
God no. That's the opposite of how phones, and particularly android, work.
>>
>>55674370
Well, since there's no custom ROMs for my phone, how else could I get Android 6.0 and root?
>>
ok so basically i have a script that i made in visual studio (compiled to a .exe) but it sometimes crashes and at this point it doesnt really matter because it needs to "reset" anyway" so im not going to bother fixing it

but i need it to restart everytime it crashes. is there a way to do that easily in windows? like a program that i can just point to the .exe and tell it to reopen it every few hours (which will autoclose the current session because they both use the same ssh)
>>
>>55674420
time to build your own rom m8. if the poo in the loos can do it, so can you!
>>
I am reading the /g/ wiki on anon
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Anonymizing_yourself

It doesn't actually say how to obfuscate/hide IP. It says to get a VPN, and the VPN page just says "lol get a VPN." I have no intentions of nefarious activity, I simply don't want posts here tied to legit IP. I have a g-botnet email with real info that I use on a separate browser, but I imagine it still is tied to this place to some extent due to captcha.

How do I proxy? Alternatively, do free VPNs that aren't botnets even exist?
Please have mercy /g/, I know this is a stupid question but the place where I ought to have answers doesn't have it.
>>
>>55674434
Where would I start?
>>
>>55674108
http://androidforums.com/threads/guide-ctmod-rooting-the-prevail-sph-m820-for-dummies-written-by-a-dummy.537889/

You probably can't get marshmallow yet.
>>
>>55674027
Thank you very much,.
>>
What's a good ebook/pdf reader on Android? I don't mind paying
>>
File: 2016-07-20_18-16-51-538085084.png (42KB, 642x362px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-20_18-16-51-538085084.png
42KB, 642x362px
So I couldn't find a tutorial online to make a colorscheme yet, but what do I need to change to make the selected row not display an underline for the whole thing but just change the color like some other colorschemes have?

I kinda liked this colorscheme, but the underline of it is a little distracting.

Colorscheme name is oceanblack256

Thanks.
>>
>>55674512
Cheers m8
>>
>>55674155
please guys, i need an answer for this
>>
>>55674557
Which version of windows?
>>
>>55674540
Oh nevermind, I was looking at another colorscheme, and turns out it's under the "CursorLine" and changing some of the variables will do.
>>
>>55674577
Windows 10, unfortunately.
>>
File: 2016-07-17_00-59-10.png (2KB, 211x56px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-17_00-59-10.png
2KB, 211x56px
Gonna just cut to the chase, where can I find a safe version of DAZ Loader or something similar?
>>
>>55674592
http://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how-to-repair-corrupted-windows-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/
>>
>>55674601
Reddit
>>
What's a good cheap laptop I can use for writing/browsing/work (accounting)? Ideally the keyboard would feel pretty good to the touch. I am traveling for work the next little bit and would like to take my work and writing with me. I was thinking a t420
>>
File: chrome_2016-07-05_16-43-18.png (210KB, 421x440px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-07-05_16-43-18.png
210KB, 421x440px
>>55674631
Funny
>>
File: thumbsup4.gif (481KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup4.gif
481KB, 141x141px
>>55674614
>http://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how-to-repair-corrupted-windows-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

I'm running it right now, thank you for responding. Hopefully this works!
>>
>>55674685
reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/
>>
>>55674851
>>55674851
>>55674851
>>
>>55674859
Gah, there you go. 4chan kept flagging it as spam. Go figure
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.