[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 48

File: jerry.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jerry.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
Old Thread: >>55374211

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here
take at least 10 seconds to google first
>>
It's a planet..

a dwarf planet, that is
>>
>>55389099
dwarf people aren't humans mate.
>>
File: 1393885777587.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1393885777587.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
I want to make password generator in python
I want to host it online
I want it to cost me nothing

Where can I host it? I assume i would need VPS of some sort not just simple html host?
>>
File: WwkzlWy.jpg (26KB, 266x375px) Image search: [Google]
WwkzlWy.jpg
26KB, 266x375px
Is there a way to limit the CPU usage on Mac OS X?

I'm working on a relatively large C++ codebase atm and compiling ramps up the fan and it's very annoying and people start turning heads etc. when I work in the library.

I don't mind if it takes 10 seconds longer as long as it doesn't start a fucking helicopter every time I compile and at least 3 minutes after it finishes.
>>
>>55389110
>>55355930 might know more about this
>>
Is there an application similar to MxTube currently out there where I can download videos then view them offline later in time?
>>
>>55389143
What platform?
>>
>>55389143
jdownlader
for firefox - video download helper
>>
How do I take a epub file and make it into a rar file?

I tried simply changing the extensions, but I fucked it up. Like corrupted and unreadable fucked up
>>
>>55389342
by using a tool that can compress to rar.
like winrar
>>
>>55389342
Fuck dude that's dumb.
>>
>>55389342
rename it back, it will work again
download rar or 7zip
install them
right click on the file you want to pack
pack it
>>
If I reflash BIOS and reinstall Windows 10 deleting all partitions in the process and only use the computer as a limited user and keep the administrator account locked and logged out all the time, will this prevent hacker from secretly installing bootkits on my PC altogether?
>>
>>55389382
Nothing can stop stupidity
>>
>>55389354
>>55389361
>>55389363
7zip looks like it did the trick

Thanks for the help fellas
>>
>>55389390
Assuming I don't install or run suspicious programs or exes.

Will it prevent the hacker from secretly installing bootkits?
>>
What are some good ways to plan a room in 3d?
I mean, I know there's Blender and 3ds Max and shit, but I just want something simple for interior design with model import
>>
It looks like my printhead on my canon printer is completely dead, it's only been printing out white pages all of a sudden for some time now.

Note that i already tried cleaning it thoroughly in water and all that shit but it does nothing, still printing white pages as before no matter what i do and no matter how often i do a maintenance print run within the settings.

Wat do? Fucking replacement printheads are so expensive i might aswell buy a new printer altogether from that money
>>
>>55389444
google sketchup
>>
>>55389451
>>55389451
Also i'm only printing with black while all the other ones are empty, could this possibly have something to do with it? It constantly tells me to refill the non-black ones but i never do
>>
>>55389382
Godamnit. Your like the 5 person in a row to ask about flashing bios to remove malware. Is there some troll in a geeksqad uniform running around telling newbs that evil ghosts live in their boot menus?
>>
>>55389428
>>55389390
Guess you couldn't answer my question after all.
If you are incompetent and don't know shit, shut the fuck up and don't spout stale memes like "common sense 2016" You can stop your stupidity because it is such a sight. Fuck off.
>>
Just did another maintenance print and it does print some very faint lines and stuff on it but it's not clearly visible

Like what the fuck is this shit even i don't understand, is there clogged up ink within the printhead still or what
>>
>>55389477
Just answer the question instead of being mad.
>>
>>55389461
thanks pal
>>
There is a reason /g/ is a bunch of unemployed losers.
>>
>>55389517
>>55389517
>i frequent micronesian wood etching scholarly circles to feel better about myself

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 695x362px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 695x362px
?
>>
So I took the glasnost test and my ISP is blocking p2p connections

I'm not entirely sure what to do. I'm running Qbitorrent 2.4 and it's pretty heavily encrypted as is already.
>>
>>55389382
>>55389499

I'm not mad, I'm amused. Although that attitude of yours isn't going to make you very many friends. You're asking for help, remember? Anyway bios malware is an emerging threat and not well understood. It doesn't happen very often and if you are having malware persist through reinstalls it's 99% likely to be coming from something else. And if it was in your bios or firmware, in all likelihood flashing wouldn't help. This is the highest kind of "administrative" control your computer possesses. It makes all the rules. If you want to try scanning it anyway you can read this:

http://blog.virustotal.com/2016/01/putting-spotlight-on-firmware-malware_27.html

As for the real threats, there are a lot of ways to get infected, those measures are just the beginning. Pirated software is a huge risk, some webpages can infect you without any signs. If you do dangerous things, then virtually no amount of security is enough. Basically, you want to run an antivirus (with a browser plugin) and then pretend that you aren't. Use chrome and adblock, and set a malware filtering dns like norton. Be very careful of what programs you install, and only download them from trusted sources. Don't connect to free wifi unless you know it's a safe network. And make sure your browser, OS and AV are up to date
>>
What's a better solution for long term storage, flash drive or SD card?

I just need something with small capacity (16-32GB) to store all my college shit.
>>
>>55389971
a usb flash drive is probably the most convenient
>>
>>55389971
I personally prefer flash drives
>>
>>55389971
Doesn't matter. If you have sd card readers everywhere knock yourself out. Flash drives just plug into more things. Also it's like $20 for a 128gb now, so why skimp?
>>
>>55389971
That was a dumb question that should not have gotten 3 replies in as many minutes.
>>
Getting this error message when trying to download updates in autopatcher on win7 x86

>This array is fixed or temporarily locked
>In prjupdater.mdlDownloader.processDownloadQueue At Line 380

What do?
>>
File: mouse.jpg (79KB, 569x535px) Image search: [Google]
mouse.jpg
79KB, 569x535px
Does my mouse pointer look kinda crooked to you? I tried drawing one myself since I couldn't find one I liked.

Does anyone know where to find some good mouse pointer. Preferable like the one I drew. Google brings up 99% cancer shit.
>>
>>55390021
in a college environment it's probably better to get the smallest you need
getting a huge expensive one will make it a bigger target for theft (and a bigger loss if it is stolen)
>>
>>55390085
-- that said, when i was in college i had a pretty expensive 64MB one ($80 at the time)
it wasn't as widespread then, though, so some people probably didn't even know what it was
>>
Prefacing this question by letting you know I know absolutely nothing about programming.

Is the reason for making more advanced programming languages just making the language more human readable and intuitive?
Are there any other benefits aside from this? For example, would it be more/less space efficient if our computers were all programmed with straight binary?
>>
>>55390021
>>55390085
>>55390098
I already finished college, like I said is for long term storage, I just want to keep a backup of this.
>>
>>55390045
>>55390045
Nevermind got it to work with WUD now

Ah fuck i just read it also just downloads the updates as cab files rather than installing them automatically after another

How do i actually incoorporate them into win7 via nLite, can any1 gimme a quick rundown on this? Like is it bothersome to do etc
>>
>>55390112
how much data?
if it's not too much, just put it on dvd-r (with extra ECC added using dvdisaster)
>>
>>55390141
Around 16GB.
>>
I don't know which pc to buy, there's a $200 difference between them, according to the prices of where i live. I don't know if the more expensive one is much better?

PCI-E GAINWARD GeForce GTX 1070 Phoenix, 8GB
Intel Core i5-4460 Soc 1150
MSI B85-G41 PC Mate, S.1150, iB85
Corsair 1X8GB DDR3 1600 Low Pr
XFX 500W XT Series 80 Bronze
HDD Toshiba 1TB,7200rpm, 32MB
Sharkoon T3-W Midi-Tower ATX (no power supply)

MSI R9 390 8GB Gaming
Intel Core i5-4460
ASROCK B85 Anniversary
Corsair VS 8GB DDR3 Memory
FSP/Fortron Hyper 700
Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7.2k SATA Gb/s 32MB
Zalman Z3 Plus (no power supply)
>>
Every time I try turn on/off showing hidden files via shortcut in start menu or control panel I get the following error:

C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
This interface is not supported.

Running Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. And it works if I run it directly from folder options in control panel. Google yields no answers this time.
>>
>>55390193
one has a amd 390 and the other one a nvidia 1070
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1747?vs=1731

are those prebuilts?
where's the SSD anon? you don't buy a computer without.
no matter which you take, you'll pay much more than you should.
>>
>>55390193
1070 over 390 for sure
>>
File: IMG_20160703_145840.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_145840.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
what do you call this input, i'm trying to buy a cable for this but don't know what is it called (the top two one)
>>
>>55390237
>>55390313
There's absolutely no reason to spend another $200 for a fucking 1070 over a 390.
>>
>>55390319
composite video
>>
>>55390193
Which one is more expensive?
>>
>>55390319
Top ones are called RCA cables. You can find them under the names of RCA, composite, or component.
>>
>>55390237
they're not prebuilt, a ssd would make me spend at least a $100 and I can live without it. I'm aware that I'll be overpaying but those are the prices where I live and they won't change much, also if I buy overseas i will spend a lot on shipping and customs, so that's not an option here.
>>
>>55390374

wait isn't component the one with like 6 colors?
>>
>>55390370
the 1070 one
>>
>>55390393
A component cable is just 3 RCA cables
>>
>>55390393
Yeah, but its literally the same cable.
>>
>>55390393
Composite is 1 Yellow for video, red and white for sterio audio. Component is a red a green and a blue for video and its used along with the same red and white. Which means 2 easily confused red cables. But in practice they're all pretty much interchangeable, like audio cables.
>>
sup /sqt/

I have a home server I want to be able to access from the internet for admin and file access. Best as I can figure, I need to;

> Find sauce on a dyndns-style service to point a domain name to my dynamic public IP
> Open and forward ports on my router to my servers IP, based on services I want (22 for SSH, 21 for FTP, 3389 for RDP)
> Open same ports on the firewall of the server.

Is this correct? Is there any security gotchas I should know about? I am babby in the woods with this type of networking and I'd rather not have my box raped because I missed something.
>>
I'm creating a simple macro in AutoHotKey. For some reason, when I compile my code and try to run it, Win10 (fuck you by the way) thinks it contains a virus. None of my other macros encounter this problem. Can someone please explain what in the following code, might trigger a "Severe" warning from Windows Defender:

For those who haven't used AHK, it's simple. ~:: indicates a block of code that will be executed when the ~ key is pressed and Return indicates the end of such a block. The Send command simulates keypresses.

`::
SetNumlockState, on
Send {Alt down}
Send {Numpad2}
Send {Numpad1}
Send {Numpad9}
Send {Alt up}
SetNumlockState, off
Return

~::
Send {[}
Send {R}
Send {E}
Send {D}
Send {A}
Send {C}
Send {T}
Send {E}
Send {D}
Send {]}
Return

^`::
Send {[}
Send {D}
Send {A}
Send {T}
Send {A}
Send {Space}
Send {E}
Send {X}
Send {P}
Send {U}
Send {N}
Send {G}
Send {E}
Send {D}
Send {]}
Return
>>
>>55390453
for security reasons I wouldn't open all those ports, but rather create a vpn and connect to my network and then access my server as if I'm in my local network.
a good router should let you create a vpn.
if you can't do this then try to at least obscure the ssh port by not forwarding 22 but some other random port that only you know.
>>
>>55390470
because autohotkey intercepts keystrokes.
has nothing to do with your script, but the runtime of autohotkey that gets added to your compiled script.
why not just use the script itself without compiling it?
>>
Guys, I need help. I have a PC just now running windows, I have a HDD plugged into my PC with a sata-usb cable. Is there any way I can boot into the external drive and use it as a VM
>>
>>55390491
I plan to distribute it to others who do not have AHK. The thing is, I suspected that it might be due to the keystrokes, however I tested my key logger (don't ask) and didn't receive any warning.
>>
>>55390501
autohotkey is well known, so its signature is already in the database.
your custom written one is not.
>>
>>55390482
Neat, thanks. Wasn't planning on opening them all but just used them as examples.

The next question was going to be, do I need to use the standard ports or can I "hide" services somewhat by defining my own ports. My idea was to open a port of my own choosing and do everything through that single port. I'll need to google around on how to do it but at least you've confirmed it's possible.
>>
>>55390470
Why would you have a separate send command for every fucking letter?
>>
>>55390526
Because I couldn't be bothered learning how to write efficiently for such a small project.
>>
>>55390519
you can't have multiple services listening on the same port.
the easiest thing to obscure ports is just to forward it differently.
so in your router forward port 12345 to your servers local ip on port 22, then you don't need to change the configuration of your server.
>>
>>55390536
Send hello world

it's not that hard
>>
>>55390566
It refused to run when I tried that.
>>
>>55390558
Cool man, thanks a bunch.
>>
>>55390492
As a virtual machine? Probably not, but you might be able to boot to it directly from your BIOS's boot order. Be aware that if you ripped it from another PC, it will not work due to driver discrepancies.
>>
I am unable to reach microsoft.com for some reason. Can someone explain what Maltude.C!cl is, beyond just "It's a Trojan"?
>>
>>55390188
so 4 dvd-r's with a bit of space to spare for extra ECC
>>
>>55390688
the microsoft page says nothing but "it's a trojan" and that you can remove it with windows defender
>>
Is there a laptop that combines a thinkpad's usefulness and price with one that doesn't look like like an engine block and make me look like an autist?
>>
>>55390101
Not that much of human-readable as human-writeable. Yes, you can achevie maximum level of optimisation on lowest level. But writing code and optimizing on it will take a lot of time. While using a good compiler from language of higher level you pretty much can acheive comparable level of optimisation while saving all that time. And in case programmer is not very skilled or just plain lazy good compiler will produce much better code than programmer will.
>>
>>55390492
>Is there any way I can boot into the external drive and use it as a VM
I tried going for that once, it started to boot but then failed and went to recovery
me think its drivers issue and missing/different

I am assuming you have similar issue as I had
you got windows instalation on a notebook/pc
you want to make virtual machine out of that existing system

google shit like
>acronis to virtualmachine

good luck
>>
Which app would allow me to watch paid TV for free on an android box?
>>
>>55390884
deluge
>>
>>55390884
not sure about android box
but I used kobi center with phoenix addon to watch game of thrones on sky atlantic
seems there was many other channels
it quit working around 7th episode but before that it was flawless

not sure if they got arm build for android, but would work on any linux/windows media box

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-phoenix-for-xbmc/
>>
/fa/ here, I just acquired my brother's old pc and it works decently, except
>I get a white screen when trying to log onto Skype
>whenever I try to open a file with Windows Media Player I get a "server execution failed" message

I've googled a bit and have found multiple possible solutions for this, however none of them worked.

What do?
>>
File: IMG_20160703_085500708.jpg (4MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_085500708.jpg
4MB, 2340x4160px
I got this Dell R210 for free and was thinking of using it as a pfsense box. Problem is it is loud AF. So I want to run it without the tiny-high-RPM fans and replace the passive cooler with a standard active cooler. I suspected that the cooler mount holes were a little different and measured this: 85.7mm x 76.2mm
>LGA1156 CPU cooler mount holes are supposed to be 75x75mm

What CPU cooler will fit these holes (close enough) and manage the heat?
>>
>>55390997
new old pc
reinstall system
use vlc or mpv for video playback
fresh skype installation
>>
File: Ayla2.jpg (30KB, 220x440px) Image search: [Google]
Ayla2.jpg
30KB, 220x440px
Anyone having trouble with Google's sites?

Youtube is hit or miss. Sometimes it hangs forever and sometimes it loads basically like normal.
Any sites that use the googleajax shit doesnt load
google images takes forever to respond

Just WTF is happening? Every other site that doesnt use google shit loads just fine.
>>
>>55389920
4chan uses VP8, not VP9.
>>
>>55391020
I already reinstalled the system. Before, everything worked perfectly, the problems started afterwards.

Deleted and reinstalled Skype a few times, as well, but it doesn't change a thing. Also, I'm not sure whether this is important, but when trying to start the Windows 10 update I get the same white screen.
>>
I'm trying to think on a situation that I would need more than a good 650w psu.

I'm thinking on buying a Corsair RM650x.

A overclocked i5 and overclocked 980ti would need more than 650?

Should I spend even more and get a 750w? I feel like it is overkill, even for "future proofing", on a mid tier computer.
>>
>>55390998
leave the heatsink, you only looking for trouble
instead replace fan for something else, or something controlled with potentiometer... so you aer not exposed to 4000rpm rack fans
>>
>>55391063
I run an overclocked i5 and overclocked 980ti on 650W bronze PSU, no problems.
>>
>>55391057
what kind of PC, what notebook? did you install drivers?
>>
>>55391057
Download windows 10 install disk and use that for update instead

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Choose option to not carry anything over
>>
>>55391076
Do you think that 650w still a good choice or getting 750w would be wiser? From what I see intel and nvidia manage to make their products consume less watts every generation, it is amd that can't handle all the watts, right?
>>
>>55391063
I run an overclocked and overvolted i7 4790k (1.28V / 4.7GHz) and an overclocked/overvolted R9 280X on a 600W Gold. You should be fine.
>>
>>55391080
Pic related. I didn't install any drivers manually.
>>55391109
I don't think this PC would be able to handle Windows 10 though.
>>
Yesterday my win 10 laptop randomly resrarted itself while I wasn't in the room and has been stuck in a restart loop ever since.
Any ideas how to fix that?
>>
File: thinkpadE.png (304KB, 1338x2545px) Image search: [Google]
thinkpadE.png
304KB, 1338x2545px
why the fuck so much difference in price if I want smaller notebook?
>>
File: Screenshot (286).png (39KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (286).png
39KB, 1366x768px
>>55389080
What's this 8GB thing?
>>
>>55391152
Edit: I just tried installing Javascript multiple times, and nothing happened. What the fuck.
>>
I'm looking for an always on desktop device: I want to be able to use it normally (not over ssh), and it needs some speed to process huge CSV files.

Could it still be a good idea to buy a desktop PC? I have not owned one for the past 5 years or so.
I was thinking 2 years old, silent quadcore preferably ex-business. Viable idea/model suggestions /g/?

>>55389110
Yes you will need VPS.
It will not run on HTML/PHP standard hosting thing.

I don't know a service that does it for free. The github student discount gets you like 2 months free on DigitalOcean... an rPi costs $30 and runs it. You could host it on your own pc.

But not really something totally free afaik.
>>
>>55391162
recovery partition
you can "factory reset" notebook or pre-builds
>>
>>55391145
to be honest, I was very worried if my system could run a 980ti.
if I'd had to get a new PSU today I'd want a larger buffer, who knows what's to come.
>>
>>55391177
Will I get any harm by removing the partition and expand my C drive into it?
>>
>>55391195
nope, no harm, but you wont be able to do that factory reset... which should be no problem if you ever installed OS
I always do clean install without preinstalled bullshit
>>
>>55391162
>>55391195

It was put there by your PC's manufacturer (dell, HP etc) to help you return your system to it's day one state if you ever want to. There's usually a program for burning it to DVDs and an option to uninstall it from your system to reclaim the space. Don't just delete it tho. Sometimes that can cause your system not to boot, depending on how your system is set up
>>
>>55391195
no but you won't be able to do a factory reset on your computer. a recovery partition is good if you are prone to fucking your shit up.

you can delete it and expand safely.
>>
I dont wanna deal with building my pc until I learn more about them. Too expensive to fuck up. Is it a bad idea to ask microcenter to just build it for me? Money is not a problem.
>>
>>55391152
>>55391163

Your system should be able to handle windows 10 fine. You can also try repairing the windows system files in case that's the problem. I would start by running an error check in your c/ drives properties, under tools, with both boxes checked. You'll need to restart for it to do its thing. If there are a lot of bad sectors that can indicate your drive is dying. Then open an administrator command prompt and type sfc /scannow
>>
File: stands.jpg (43KB, 434x351px) Image search: [Google]
stands.jpg
43KB, 434x351px
>>55391286
>Money is not a problem
so its not that expensive to fuck up?

sure go let them build it for you based on your components choice
but for fuck sake, first google how to build a pc and watch some youtube videos

its really really hard to fuck up, only way I heard people to fuck up and permanently dmaged soemthing was that they did not put the motherboard on stands and it was just slapped against metal shorting it out
that happens it cost ya only mobo, no psu, no gpu, no cpu, no ram, no case,...

dont be a fucking pussy and level up
>>
>>55391327
Actually I had a friend who didnt ground himself and when he touched his MB with all his shit hooked up it fucked his GPU as well.
>>
>>55391366
Thats why you ground yourself. And use a $2 wrist strap. If you're paranoid do it naked on an uncarpeted floor. You CAN mess it up, but mostly if you're stupid. How much does microcenter charge anyway?
>>
File: static.jpg (363KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
static.jpg
363KB, 1000x1000px
>>55391366
I work in a pc shop as techie and junior sysadmin
no one ever heard of case like that, ever
I ground myself by touching radiator or outlet grounding bin after unpacking the case... and again when I am putting RAM in as thats one I think might be the most sensitive.. never had single issue

but unless your friend weared woolen onsies and drag himself over 50meters of carpet to touch the mobo I cant imagine that happening

I think stupid people who dont know much over focus on shit like that and some random ancient story
>>
Am looking for a decent solution to download HD videos from YouTube, preferably a clean Firefox addon.

There is the addon Video DownloadHelper, but it requires the installation of a conversion tool called ConvertHelper3, which itself is safe but leaves obnoxious QR code watermarks if you don't pony up something like $25 or more to register it.

Saw a blog comment that "You can download with VDH and convert with eRightsoft's free Super software", tried installing Super only for it to be a deviously ad-riddled installer which is now being a nuisance for me to clean up despite declining the first thing that popped up.

Any suggestions? There is obviously some good safe software that can do this shit for free without messing up your system.
>>
>>55391326
Alright, I'll run that error check first, if it doesn't change anything I guess I'll upgrade to Windows 10. Thanks a lot for the help.
>>
>>55391422
youtube center
https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki
>>
>>55391438
not for downloading, no.

>>55391422
use youtube-dl.
youtube uses dash-streaming which is muxing audio and video in the browser, so you get a separate audio and video stream.
youtube-dl can download both and mux it if you have ffmpeg in your path.

basically do
youtube-dl -f "bestvideo+bestaudio" https://youtube.com/whatever

and you get the best quality available
>>
>>55391422
don't use SUPER, it's shit.
use ffmpeg, it's the only video converter you'll ever need.
>>
>>55391438
Tried that, doesn't seem to work because it hasn't been updated since 2014.

>>55391465
Sounds perfect, will try that thank you.

>>55391479
No kidding.
>>
>>55391518
>Tried that, doesn't seem to work because it hasn't been updated since 2014.
oh sorry, thought I had it still active, but it definitly was updated just in beta section I think

anyway turned out i use this
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube/
>>
>>55391540
That's a good solution for downloading 720p quality straight from the browser, thanks.
Doesn't detect the 1080p or higher quality though so will still try youtube-dl
>>
My i5 4690k is idling at around 40c (above ambient temperature). It's at 4.4ghz 1.212vcore, under load it gets about 75-85 degrees running OCCT for half an hour.

Are these decent temps? I'm thinking the thermal paste was applied incorrectly because it came in a plastic bag and it was hard to dose so I had to spread it out with a credit card rather than using the pea method.
>>
I want to get my own modem (not wireless router) and I have 150 mbs down. Will any cheapie modem on the retail shelves work?
>>
Should I buy Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3 or MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON and why?
>>
>>55391599
You're overclocking it quite a bit, I keep my i5 4690k clocked at stock 3.9ghz with what I think is 1.09v.

It's under mild load doing light folding@home and sitting at around 36c right now, doesn't get that hot under load.

Might be thermal paste is junk but I have no idea.
>>
File: 1291553645684.jpg (225KB, 1600x1327px) Image search: [Google]
1291553645684.jpg
225KB, 1600x1327px
Anyone care to critique my build?

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/6VWQVY
>>
I have the following just gathering dust
>Phenom II 555BE
>4GB DDR3
>500w 80+ PSU
If I grab myself some WD greens for it, I'd imagine it would make for a fine NAS - but I also want it to be my HTPC.
What's the absolute cheapest GPU I can plug in to play videos on it without issues?
Also, what case doesn't look out of place when placed in a living room that can fit a standard PSU?

I was once on a Celeron 420 and some Nvidia GT I forgot the exact model card and it simply couldn't play some stuff with subtitles.
>>
>>55391683
are you trolling with that gtx980ti or you were asleep last month?

consider also switching i7 6700k ffor i7 5830k
real 6 core, 12 threads
>>
Anywhere to get the Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L53 ? Its the one that works in the US but I cant find it.
>>
>>55391736
Damn, beat me to it. The age of 980 has ended
>>
I'm trying to use a netgear c7000 with OpenVPN to VPN into a remote network and do internet and shit from there. I can see my WAN address and my LAN address showing up in the remote router and I can use the router's settings and get to servers running on the network with their LAN addresses instead of the routers.

The problem I'm having is that whenever I try to use a web browser to check my address it always gives me my own IP address instead of the remote IP. I understand that I need to create a full tunnel instead of a split tunnel, but I haven't found a good way to do that yet.
>>
>>55391763
Called the cops, unless you're behind 7 proxies you're dead m8.
>>
>>55391756
>>55391736
So should I just get a 1080 ? Also, I think 6 cores is a bit too much.
>>
I bought an adapter to connect the PS2 pad to PC. I does not work. I tried almost anything I saw on youtube and google. still does not work. I don't know what more can I do. Please help.
>>
>>55391844
send it back
>>
>>55391465
Figured out installed ffmpeg and youtube-dl to path, running youtube-dl from CMD and it will save the highest quality video to the directory CMD is pointed to.

Thanks much!
>>
>>55391826
yes you should, or at least gtx1070

>Also, I think 6 cores is a bit too much.
What exactly does that mean? When zen comes out it will be the absolute basic in $1000 build 6/8 cores with 12/16 threads

and the price difference is not that high (I mean 5820k btw if you had trouble googling it out)
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6tXfrH/intel-cpu-bx80648i75820k

you will also need 2011 v3 socket mobo
something like GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD3P for around $180

also I would not go for closed loop cooling and rather bought noctua, much more reliable last ages and no pump noise
>>
how to install a femp stack in freenas jail?

Also, is it easy to transfer a wordpress site made via the web shit on wordpress.com to a wordpress site hosted yourself?
>>
>>55391883
the ada`ter works. even the pc seems to get some ignal from the pad. but it does not recognice it, neither the emulator
>>
I think I fugged my MB up on my new build. I had it running fine when I built it but after transporting it, things turn on for a milisecond then immediately die. If I DID fuck it up then is the entire PC ded or can I just return my MB for a new one?
>>
>>55391826
I agree. There's no practical value in more cores at this point. For most applications even 4 cores go underutilized. Maybe you would see some improvement in a handful of highly cpu intensive applications, but certainly not for gaming or any normal activities. On the other hand the 6700k is a half Ghz faster per core, and that's not counting any generational efficiency improvements.
>>
File: question.png (260KB, 803x790px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
260KB, 803x790px
Guys, how do I find out if my motherboard's going to bottleneck the GTX 1070? What stats should I be looking at? I know they will be compatible, but should I get a new board? I currently have the MSI Z97S SLI PLUS.
>>
File: 1432445280034.jpg (56KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
1432445280034.jpg
56KB, 500x482px
>>55391752
pls help
>>
>>55391218
b-but, no internal nor external dvd drive on my hand. Should I get one just for the purpose?
>>
I want to get a Dell XPS 13 but I don't want to get jewed out on storage since it only comes with 256GB SSD, is it better to just grab the 128GB model and install a 500GB SSD in it?
>>
>>55392038
You'll be fine. You have to have a hella old mobo to bottleneck a card
>>
>>55391153
Anyone?
>>
File: 1467441934713.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1467441934713.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
There's a mediawiki project i really badly want to save on my hdd for referentia futurel use of all their articles and stuff. Thing is that i just want to have a full copy of a certain language section and ignore all the others. How may i accomplish this in an automated and hassle-free fashion?
>>
>>55392176
Check the manual for your particular model. Make sure it supports switching out the drive. Not all laptops do any more. Also check if it has a second drive bay. You might be able to add a small hdd
>>
File: 1460233107324.jpg (96KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460233107324.jpg
96KB, 720x960px
Is there any way I can get FASFA to pay for Cisco online courses so that I can take exams and get certs?
>>
I moved all my files from my C: drive to my D: drive. But now my computer's really sad all of a sudden, what could be wrong with it?
>>
>>55389106
Only if they haven't cleared their local neighborhood of debris
>>
>>55392258
Thanks, that's good to know. So motherboards have no maximum bandwidth or maximum supported clock speed? Or are those limits usually so high no GPU reaches them?
>>
>>55392149
No, that's probably overkill. If you have an external drive you can backup the whole system the way it is today with macrium reflect. Or if you have windows 10 you can just download the install disk and if you ever have a problem you can just put that on a usb and reinstall everything that way. It wont include whatever programs came with your computer, but most people consider that a good thing
>>
I have a mouse with those little forward/back buttons on the side. Is there a way I can re-jigger the priority of the mouse buttons so that I can press those while holding down left click and have it register?
>>
What is the best program for coding HTML 5 and stuf like that.
>>
>>55392394
The bandwidth is determined by the PCIe slots the computer has. The latest version of PCIe came out in 2010, so it's pretty much universal now. So in general the cheapest board that matches your CPU should work.
>>
File: smooth anime tiddy animation.webm (484KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smooth anime tiddy animation.webm
484KB, 1280x720px
>>55392534
Ah, alright I see! Thanks!
>>
>>55392489
i have a standard chink $5 10 year old mouse and the back/for-ward buttons do work just fine while left/right-pressing the mouse buttons (even while pressing left+right+middle the buttons still work)
are you sure its not a software problem instead of an hardware one?
>>
Good app for downloading yt videos on Android?
>>
>>55392517
any text editor will do
>>
>>55392771
tubemate
>>
>>55392771
doesn't the youtube app allow you to download videos to watch them later already?
>>
I'm building myself my first computer. Nothing super awesome, just something to hook up to my tv and play movies and offline games with. I can pick this up for $49 on sale: http://www.frys.com/product/8867112. What would I need to replace besides the processor and the memory if I did that? Is it worth it, or should I buy everything individually and assemble it from scratch?
>>
>>55392851
Thanks
>>55392877
Nope
>>
File: iyfuy.jpg (11KB, 949x532px) Image search: [Google]
iyfuy.jpg
11KB, 949x532px
I have a 500gb ssd i run my os on, and everything is great except for whatever reason opening the browse files pop-up thing for uploading images (like on 4chan) or saving an image, it takes fucking FOREVER to load.

why this little simple thing? its bizarre
>>
>>55392935
not worth at all.
everything is probably soldered together, so you can't reuse the case.
>>
Where can I find clean unmodified Windows 7 .isos?
>>
>>55392990
turn off network file shares or any remote drives
>>
>>55392729

I certainly hope that it's something that can be dealt with on the software end, because if it's a quirk that goes down to the wiring then I just wasted my money on a mouse I basically can't use for the one thing I wanted it to do.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 500x283px
>>55391752
please?
>>
>>55392991
Really? I thought that only happened with laptops. Damn.So no part of it will be reusable?
>>
>>55393119
it happens with almost all cheap prebuilts.
they don't want you to upgrade parts, but rather buy a completely new one.
>>
>>55393086
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
>>
>>55393090
im not doing any of that but i checked and theyre off
>>
>>55393277
I don't have a product key
>>
File: mfw469.jpg (34KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
mfw469.jpg
34KB, 500x436px
>>55393312
>I don't have a product key
>>
>>55393360
Pls help
I used to download them from Digitalrivercontent but that website's been dead for years now apparently
>>
>>55393086
>>55393312
>>55393415
http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
>>
>>55393415
>http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/58464-Windows-Loader-Download?p=120996&viewfull=1#post120996
This is all you will ever need to activate Windows.
>>
>>55393312
heres daz loader that will activate windows 7 and everything will work fine
http://dopice.sk/e7o

does not work on GPT partition though, for that use kms pico activator
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/65739-KMSpico-Official-Thread
>>
What's the best password manager for use on multiple platforms?
>>
>>55393471
lastpass is comfy
keepassX is opensource and in control
>>
I have an acer aspire one netbook with just 2gb ram. I want to get some kind of use out of it. What are some ultra lightweight distros I could run on this thing? I'm not super familiar with linux so arch would be very difficult for me
>>
>>55393471
A piece of paper or a notebook
>>
>>55392990
pls
>>
>>55393502
start with xubuntu and see how shit will feel and if wifi and function keys and mousepad gestures all work fine...
>>
>>55393489
>keepassX is opensource and in control
kek

https://threatpost.com/researcher-warns-security-hole-keepass-password-manager-062712/76738/
>>
>>55393515
try in different browser
>>
>>55393552
all broswers
>>
Are .apng supported on clover or 4chan In general?. I can't think of any other way someone posts those pictures where the thumbnail is different than the image? Also if anyone has a example of it please post
>>
>>55393776
no.
it's because 4chan shrinks down an image to make a thumbnail.
perfectly aligned you can trick it to make a thumbnail look different than the actual image
>>
>>55393834
I'm confused because how do I not see the shrunk image?
>>
>>55393861
what?
>>
>>55393873
When I'm looking at the image why do I not see the thumbnail in the photo ?
>>
I know how to include links in HTML, but how would I go about linking to an RSS feed like in pic related? (It's for a new-tab page I'm designing).
>>
>>55393861
You shrink the image by not showing certain pixels. By putting the pixels in just the right place, you can make a different picture out of only the pixels that remain, that doesn't show up when you're looking at all of them.
>>
>>55393898
http://thume.ca/projects/2012/11/14/magic-png-files/
>>
>>55393916
I'm confused? Explain better ?
>>
File: 1465149077281.png (844KB, 607x781px) Image search: [Google]
1465149077281.png
844KB, 607x781px
Newly installed GPU is randomly freezing deskopt for about half a second, mostly under load.
I want to reinstall drivers.

How do I make sure all previous drivers are completely gone?
>>
>>55394021
fuck off furry
>>
I recently bought a new headphones and my integrated mobo soundcard has not enough power to drive them (the headphones sounds way better on my laptop).

Can someone recommend some good but cheap, windows 10/linux compatible soundcard / external dac?

Is Sound Blaster E1 any good?
>>
File: Cucked by EU.png (139KB, 1347x566px) Image search: [Google]
Cucked by EU.png
139KB, 1347x566px
Should I just import one from US at this point
>>
>>55394086
why dac?
why not simple things and get headphone amp?
I bet its kinda hard getting 100% confirmation if DAC will work flawlessly with your distro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpyYJgtY11g
>>
>>55394148
its not EU tax
its shops being smart, while in the US they have single newegg shop for the whole nation so the price gauging is not as apparent, they dont need to like your local jew
also sale taxes are applied in the US, we just dont see them
>>
>>55394021
DDU
>>
Neither my motherboard nor my case came with installable motherboard standoffs. Are my case's seemingly stand-off strew slots enough, or do I have to buy motherboard standoffs somewhere?

My case: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-200R-Compact-Case/dp/B009GXZ8MM

My Mobo:https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Skylake-Motherboard-H170A-PC/dp/B014YN67UK
>>
>>55393502
upgrade the ram mate
>>
File: 1461111747549.png (536KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1461111747549.png
536KB, 894x894px
>>55394208
Thank you anon, this could help.
>>
>>55394216
there should be some installed already, are you sure you don't have any?
this guy is using the 200r and has standoffs
https://youtu.be/0zOYdNEHDQo?t=2447
>>
File: plot.png (66KB, 1131x646px) Image search: [Google]
plot.png
66KB, 1131x646px
Anyone know what software was used to generate this plot?
>>
File: corsair-carbide-200r.jpg (106KB, 1213x1200px) Image search: [Google]
corsair-carbide-200r.jpg
106KB, 1213x1200px
>>55394216
take photo of this for us and we can tell
are those things rising mobo so its back is not in contact with any metal?
>>
File: 1467566840.png (383KB, 1126x875px) Image search: [Google]
1467566840.png
383KB, 1126x875px
>>55394253
I would use python and Plotly
>>
How do you find hidden directories on a website.

i.e. pages/folders not linked to but still publicly available.
>>
anyone use 4chan rice? I want to be able to make thumbnails larger without zooming in on the page. zooming in works, but it makes expanded images zoomed in as well, which I don't want.

afaik, oneechan can't do this
>>
>>55394308
div.post div.file .fileThumb img {
width: 300px!important;
height: auto!important;
}
>>
File: case_small.jpg (909KB, 1336x752px) Image search: [Google]
case_small.jpg
909KB, 1336x752px
>>55394258
>>55394239
The screw points do indeed seem to be risen above the back so there won't be contact, I just wasn't sure if those were what I should put the motherboard on naked, because they're not removable. This is my first build and I had been led to believe that I would have to manually install removable risers.
>>
>>55394355
if they don't come preinstalled then you usually get them in the bag with all the screws and install them depending on what kind of motherboard size you have (ATX, mATX, etc)
>>
>>55391153
pls respond
>>
>>55394355
1. you have risers, no doubt about it
2. be sure that when you are putting motherboard in the place, only the risers that fit the holes and are made use of are present, remove all others that would be under the board, though from the looks of it its standard layout so you probably dont need to remove any
>>
>>55394381
>>55391153
what I would do
take out hdd and check in with hdtune in another PC if hdd is 100% alright
or boot from usb to do the check... with hirenboot in miniXP

backed up data and reinstall

maybe I would bother to try to go in to recovery mode and "sfc /scannow" google that, but you should arleady be able to go in to recovery, win10 goes there automaticly on repeated reboots.. you should see big squares about fixing PC or going to terminal and shit...
>>
>>55394389
>>55394373
Okay, thanks. A random question about the build: is it a decent idea to install everything except the GPU, and do all the setup with onboard video, then put in the gpu and install drivers afterward, just to make sure everything works?
>>
How do I disable shadows below windows in XFCE4? I just installed the newest stable Ubuntu.
>>
>>55394440
you can turn it on once and see if it posts, other than that, no, just plug it in.
>>
So I was really looking forward to the 480, but the benchmarks are quite lacking for it. I also don't understand all the people defending this shit card saying that it is only replacing the 380.

If we look at nvidia's card releases, the 1070 (successor to 970), outperforms both the 980 and the 980ti/Titan x. It has better performance than the GPUs 2 tiers higher than it.

On the other hand, AMD's 480 doesn't even beat a 390, which is only 1 step ahead of it. If the 1060 can match the 980 or beat it, then I think it would destroy amd. And let's be honest, so far nvidia has actually been delivering the performance they claim this release cycle.

So yeah, are the people defending this card just shills or am I missing something?
>>
File: i1Gz7k5.jpg (92KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
i1Gz7k5.jpg
92KB, 500x572px
>>55389080
Please reccomend me a sub hundred dollar router?
>>
>>55394344
alright, now where do i put this css
>>
>>55394440
I would not bother, you can do the same by installing gpu and plugging monitor in to onboard video output
most modern mobos detects which gpu is in use if integrated or discrete...
>>
>>55394473
archer C7
>>
File: pepe32.jpg (55KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
pepe32.jpg
55KB, 500x473px
I was looking through my spam folder to see what kind of shit i get for lels, and opened a couple of e-card ones
i didnt click the spam link or 'click here' button the email showed me, but i clicked 'show blocked images' to see what kind of spam pic they attached with it, but no picture loaded. i did this for a couple, pictures didn't load, then got fucking paranoid.
I can't get spyware by unblocking 'blocked images' in a fucking email, r-right g-guys?
>>
>>55394484
stylish, greasemonkey, userstyle.css, 4chanx
any of these
>>
>>55394466
wrong thread, but the card is excelent for $200 and theres very little doubt that with aftermarket solutions the performance will be between 390 and 390x
with DX12 titles it will leave gtx970 and 1060 in the dust

and again, for $200
>>
>>55394529
So it's a card only worth getting if I'm going to play games that come out in 2016 or later?

Seems like an awful caveat for a graphics card.
>>
Desktop stopped POSTing today (after computer locked up) and a red LED marked "CPU" on the motherboard lit up.

Is there a way for me to tell if it's actually the CPU that's dead vs the motherboard shitting itself? I built the machine in 2011, so everything's that old or older.
>>
File: nt635hleo86x.png (384KB, 1348x800px) Image search: [Google]
nt635hleo86x.png
384KB, 1348x800px
>>55394543
thats kinda retarded approacha
there will only more and more dx12 titles
while all existing dx11 titles are comfortably at above 120fps if you tinker with settings

so what would you want, old titles being fast, or knowing card will only perform better for years in the future AAA titles
>>
>>55394566
you cant differnciate between cpu and mobo, you can find out if ram or other components by removing them and having pcspeaker connected and waiting for beeps... if theres change...

but mobo and cpu are not possible to distinguish unless you have spare component to test with

but 98% of the time its dead mobo
>>
>>55394500
looks great, thanks anon.
>>
>>55394162
I was stupid enough to buy a motherboard with ALC892, because I would never need anything better. And now I need.

I was thinking about Xonar U5 ( to use it with my headphones and 2.1 speakers) but I heard it has shitty Windows 10 support (like no equalizer).

Older sound cards are even worse in that regards.
>>
>>55394627
How do you know you need? Did you have borrowed dac? Did you compare it with your phone or portable player and hear it being shit?

well I would most definitly consider dac + amp as well, just dont expect ground breaking change

that zreview channel I linked has lots of shit you can check out

this probably what you are looking for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-47_1TU9HY
>>
>>55394596
I already tried pulling all but 1 stick of memory and reseating it etc.

I'm thinking of finding a cheap ($50-$100) CPU to use as a spare to test with. The next problem is finding components; I'll have to order online as no one stocks socket AM3 / Phenom II stuff anymore.

I'm not ready to do a new build yet; I wanted this one to last at least another 5 months.
>>
>>55394506
no, but now they know you opened the mail, since you loaded the image from their servers and will send you more spam
>>
>>55394664
>>55394627
also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwD5Byp1AU
>>
>>55394675
yeah, you got fucked before zen came out
but you are better off to try buy mobo, not cpu to test

if you americunt take from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Socket-PCI-Express-Motherboard-MA78LMT-S2/dp/B00429N0P2/

return if sucks... amazon is suppose to be godlike in taking returns without any issues
>>
>>55394720
Canacuck. Amazon seems to be the only place to find shit for a decent price; newegg has only dual cores for $100 - $160.

I know it's more likely to be the mobo, but if spare/test components the same price, isn't it easier to swap the CPU for testing purposes?
>>
>>55394782
yeap but that does not change the percentage.
getting cpu is extremely likely waste of time and shipping costs, and return shipping costs
>>
A modern book for learning to program in C?
>>
File: 1465129905.jpg (177KB, 1051x962px) Image search: [Google]
1465129905.jpg
177KB, 1051x962px
>>55394861
are you like being sarcastic and already know the answer or its a coincidence?

>C_Programming_A_Modern_Approach_2nd_Ed
its on piratebay
>>
>>55394895

Genuine stupid question.

Now let me ask, are you being sarcastic and just giving it because of the name? I desperately need a good learning book.
>>
>>55394685
thanks
its caught in the spam filter anyway so it shouldnt matter.
>>
>>55394933
its good, got it from C subreddit or >>/dpt/
dont remember, but there was discussion about whats wrong books
learning C the hard way was really shit on and I used that one before

I am at chapter 4 or something, its well written
>>
>>55394978

Excellent. I was going through C for Dummies (yes, you can all laugh now), and it was extremely outdated.

I'll begin reading it tonight, thank you anon.
>>
How do I install Sweet-OS in a VM?
>>
I tried opening an old game but it froze and I had to force close it via task manager. Now my sound is glitched and it makes this annoying loud sound through my headphones. I know that restarting my computer will fix it, but I am in the middle of something that I can't close yet. Is there any other way to fix the sound?
>>
Why does torrent clients have to "check" torrents every time the computer has been shut down or restarted?
>>
Would solo mining Bitcoin help the network? Would joining a pool help more?

Notice how profitability is not important in my question.
>>
>>55394825
The costs don't bother me, it's more the time. (I also wouldn't be returning whatever I buy for testing)

Both my motherboard and CPU were high end when I got them, so I want to replace the broken component with something comparable. I'd prefer not to spend frivolously, so a cheap test to determine what to replace is attractive.

>>55395135
It's checking the data file against the the torrent file to see how much of it you have and if it's correct.

>>55395160
Solo mining was the original intention of the network, and large pools actually threaten the security of the network.

>>55395011
Personally, I recommend K&R (2nd edition).
>>
>>55395074
turn off the speakers
>>
>>55395212
>It's checking the data file against the the torrent file to see how much of it you have and if it's correct.
It just bothers me when I have 4 huge torrents that takes almost 30 minutes to check each of them.
>>
>>55395212
>Both my motherboard and CPU were high end when I got them, so I want to replace the broken component with something comparable. I'd prefer not to spend frivolously, so a cheap test to determine what to replace is attractive.

buy just cheap intel mobo for $60 and some i5 either haswell or skylake and you get better for cheap
after few months you can sell it or give it, but it will be infinetly better value
>>
>>55395229
I tried turning them off, disabling them, turn the volume down to 0 and back up to 100.
None of these work.
>>
>>55395212
>Solo mining was the original intention of the network, and large pools actually threaten the security of the network
Yeah, but if I never find a block because lol not enough hash, am I actually contributing to the network? Or perhaps a full node is enough?
>>
when having a pc with various hdds with various OS installed on them
-just one OS per hdd
well is there anything special to know about ?
>>
>>55395254
Don't turn off your torrent client then.

>>55395261
Nah, I'd rather keep using my stuff spare what broke.

>>55395273
>but if I never find a block because lol not enough hash, am I actually contributing to the network?
Yes.
>>
File: coolpka.jpg (9KB, 175x211px) Image search: [Google]
coolpka.jpg
9KB, 175x211px
I use Ubuntu and get screen tearing when I scroll when browsing the internet and playing a youtube video in another window. My computer uses a AMD A10-5800K, which isn't anything wild (I don't play video games), but I feel like what I'm doing isn't that demanding.
I don't remember W10 doing this, so maybe there's just something in the settings I need to change?
>>
File: BIOSSpeakerrr.jpg (192KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
BIOSSpeakerrr.jpg
192KB, 700x466px
>>55395270
so what is making the sound?
disconnect the mobo speaker?
>>
This question may or not be stupid.

I have this notion that blowing hot air repeatedly into the cpu in mid-summer heat is pretty fucking stupid.

Is a premade (corsair, etc) liquid refrigeration solution a better choice for this problem that comes to happen during summer? Rec me sum. One vent only.
>>
>>55395282
not really

>>55395347
are you 100% you are using clean ubuntu?
cause ubuntu is pretty comfy when it comes to screen tearing
while if you replaced unity with something else you would need to run compton for compistor and have this in ~/.config/compton.conf
at least for xubuntu and arch+i3 it always worked

backend = "glx";
glx-no-stencil = true;
paint-on-overlay = true;
vsync = "opengl-swc";
>>
>>55395375
cpu is up for 80°C easily
our 30-34°C peeks in summer does not really bother it much
>>
>>55395340
>Yes
That settles it then. Buying an ASIC it is.
>>
>>55395411

I'm at 50º in normal circumstances, though.
>>
>>55395467
and were you 40°C when it was 20°C outside?
>>
>>55394434
>you should arleady be able to go in to recovery, win10 goes there automaticly on repeated reboots.. you should see big squares about fixing PC or going to terminal and shit...

Sadly not.
It is constantly stuck at the restarting screen. There's no option to go into the terminal.
>>
File: build.png (217KB, 1094x1270px) Image search: [Google]
build.png
217KB, 1094x1270px
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>55395491

Can't remember, in any case, reapplying thermal paste should be a good idea, since it's a i5 4670
>>
Can the Acer CB3-131-C3SZ chromebook boot from an SD card? I've heard that not all chromebooks are capable of booting from SD. My goal is to get windows to go on an SD card and run it on my CB without affecting the chrome OS install .
>>
How is my build? Sorry for shitting up the board with this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/GsFD8K
>>
>>55390058
You didn't draw that. It's from starcraft.
>>
File: 1375180042050.jpg (1MB, 4000x2240px) Image search: [Google]
1375180042050.jpg
1MB, 4000x2240px
>>55395539
go for i7 5820k
6 cores, 12 threads

you will need mobo switch as well for 2011 V3 socket

would go for MSI or asus 1070, not EVGA

would go for ATX, hell even microATX, I like small and powerfull
not attracious immobile, heavy, mostly empty, expensive box

FYI you would be fine with 400W psu
>>
>>55395654
This is almost all bad advice
>>
>>55395676
why?
>>
>>55395654

lol
>>
What's the simplest way to clean the dust filters? Do I really need to remove the front panel or is there any easier way?
>>
>>55395695
Well, two pieces of bad advice and two neutral advice

The 6700k will give better gaming performance, which is what a GTX 1070 build is obviously geared towards

400W would be dangerously low for that build.
>>
Where can I get a cracked copy of Windows 7 that is reliable?
>>
File: Untitled.png (737KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
737KB, 1600x900px
Is this a scam?
>>
>>55395737
Maybe, maybe not
Worst case amazon is very good about refunds.

>Windows 7
>Downloading and installing updates
Playing a dangerous game, my friend
>>
Which GPU manufacturer has the quietest fans?

I have an EVGA 970 with an ACX 2.0 cooler and its advertised as "silent" but that is only because it doesn't use its fan at all until it passes some temperature threshold of like 60C and then it sounds like a fucking jet engine.

I am building a new PC in the next few weeks and I want to make it as quiet as possible without spending like $800 on a GPU/all in one cooler combo.

Thanks
>>
>>55394216
I own the case, the standoffs are built-in for standard ATX.
>>
So, heres most bizarre issue ever.

My home network drops packages when i connect my phone on it.

Whole time there are 2 pcs and 2 phones connected, + my phone as handheld 3rd device. So 5 devices, and also sometimes 6.

Upon connecting phone, terminal starts to timeout packages after 30ish seconds, and immediately after i disconnect phone from wifi, packages are shown with ping since timeout started, like 35000 ping etc.

I restarted router, and i restarted devices, put static adress on phone and pc, but nothing helped. I don't want to factory reset my phone. Also changed channel on router.

Also, phone is nexus 6, and router is 2.4ghz only.
>>
>>55395737
Why would that be a scam its like $10 cheaper than retail?
>>
Disconnect or ublock origin?
>>
>>55395572
What are you planning on using it for?
>>
>>55395765
oh shit i just notice window 10 installing, thank fuck
>>
>>55395827
I do web design and 2D graphic design work. So my main concern would be having many programs and tabs open at once. I also plan to do some gaming on it.
>>
>>55395859
In that case I'd recommend bumping it up to 2x8GB RAM
>>
>>55395859
use a Intel CPU, a Skylake i3 6300 would do better than a Piledriver cpu. Also dont buy that GPU, if you have a low budget wait for the RX 470 or RX 460.
>>
>>55395883
>recommending an i3 for multitasking and graphic design
>>
File: r_600x450.png (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
r_600x450.png
47KB, 600x450px
>>55395721
>The 6700k will give better gaming performance
in what twisted world are you living that you think that?
to me it seems like some bitter fags who hate that they have 4 core cpu are jelly... especially when difference in price is only like $50

>400W would be dangerously low for that build.
I was not recommending that, just making statement
and it was most definitly NOT be dangerously low, just meh low
>>
>>55395787
I've used my reference 1080 on 1080p and 1440p and haven't heard a sound yet.
>>
>>55395902
Nice cherrypicked benchmark that doesn't even include the 6700k
>>
I'm building a PC, and the only thing left for me to order is a nice mouse and gamepad, since I've been using a shitty chink mouse for quite some time and I hate the damn thing.

I use claw grip and have settled for buying a Zowie MK2

I just can't settle for a mousepad. I find pads that cover the entire area under the keyboard and mouse pretty attractive, I just can't settle on one.

Dimensions are approximately 60 cm x 20 cm.

Can anyone suggest something that would fit these parameters?

Or better yet, convince me to buy a simple mouse mat
>>
Does anyone know what the best activator for windows 8.1 enterprise is? Used daz for windows 7 then upgraded about a year later
>>
>>55395902
>literally not one single game utilized six cores

Nothing but a waste of money unless all you plan to do with your computer is run CPU benchmarks... And even then you will get smoked by more expensive shit.
>>
Is there a way to get the premium headspace apk somewhere online?
>>
File: 20160703_123331.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160703_123331.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Why is it with 2x2gb and 2x4gb ram only 8gb is usable? Windows detects I have 12gb installed. Pic related.
>>
>>55395928
>>55395974
the bench gives the idea...
if i7 6700k were going for $100 less then lets say its waste of money

but adding $50 to get 50% increase in number of cores and threads...
year ago everyone was saying that i5 is enough because games dont make use of multithreading
now its all about preventing those FPS drops so suddenly i7 is the rage to recommend
well 5820k is actually beyond that, and buying 6700k is the stupidest thing one can possibly do when its priced as it is...
>>
>>55395974
Or if you run multiple applications..
>>
>>55396043
>but adding $50 to get 50% increase in number of cores and threads...

And you'll never make use of them
>>
>>55389238
>>55389324
Forgot to mention it was for a cell phone (iPhone).
>>
>>55396060
you serious?
you do realize games are coded for consoles that are 8 cores?
are you like from the really really old past?
And how exactly do you think 5820k got the extra fps in BF4 in bench above?
>>
File: dwight3.jpg (60KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dwight3.jpg
60KB, 300x300px
New thread >>55396095
>>
>>55396034
do you have 32 bit window?
>>
>>55396043
I never said shit about buying a 6700k, I just said your suggestion of buying a 5820k for more cores is dumb because nothing utilizes six cores and nothing will utilize six cores for years.

Hell even just a few years ago most new releases couldn't even utilize quad core and that shits been on the market since like 2005...

All of the major developers have their proprietary engines revved and ready for the next decade and they won't change shit in them, Snowdrop, Frostbite, Unreal 4, etc... NONE of them use more than 4 cores and they won't until all new iterations which could be years from now.
>>
>>55396056
You could have 50 1080p youtube tabs open in shit tier chrome, a game running at 4k, and be encoding several hd videos at once and it wouldn't even use 50% of the power of any intel quad core on the market right now.
>>
/g/ I have a Dell Optiplex 710.

The motherboard doesn't exactly look like standard ATX to me, the cpu cooler, god knows what standard they use for that thing..

Is it even remotely possible I could remove the motherboard and re-house it in a standard ATX case, or one that has place holders for mini ATX as well? I don't trust its psu, and there's no space for additional drives, but it does have a third gen i5 cpu and 12 gigs of ram going for it. Apologies for the blog.
>>
File: fps.png (188KB, 1230x978px) Image search: [Google]
fps.png
188KB, 1230x978px
>>55396091
You keep referencing a benchmark that doesn't include the 6700k.

If we're talking about gaming, here's a comparison that actually includes the 6700k.

Games don't make sufficient use of extra cores for it to matter.
>>
>>55396117
Unreal Engine 4 Frostbite 3 CryEngine 3 all make use of 8 cores on AMD FX line
get your fact straight,
>>
File: asdf.png (43KB, 921x455px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
43KB, 921x455px
>>55395400
>are you 100% you are using clean ubuntu?

Yeah, I downloaded the latest release from their website, and didn't change anything. I'm using AMD drivers, but I feel like that shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>55396163
A dell motherboard will not fit in an ATX case without extensive modification, you're probably better off selling it and starting from scratch.
>>
>>55396273
Ah, even now then? I read somewhere they were going to start using standard ATX but I guess that got abandoned. I am very poor so may look at a motherboard and cpu cooler and using what I can from the case.
>>
>>55396414
I don't really keep up with it though, it may have changed.
>>
File: sven skeptical.png (378KB, 419x420px) Image search: [Google]
sven skeptical.png
378KB, 419x420px
I accidentally drew a line on my monitor with a pencil.

How can I get this off?
>>
Would disabling ipv6 in my browser be enough to plug an ipv6 leak?
>>
File: Capture.png (83KB, 668x755px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
83KB, 668x755px
I can't sign into my windows account for some reason. It keeps putting me in a temp account. Is my ssd dying? I dont know what to look at.
>>
>>55396886
This is a windows issue, not a hardware issue
>>
>>55396108
64bit. 32bit only detects 3.4 anyway.
>>
>>55396489
The eraser you dummy
>>
>>55389080
is using the web based office 2016 on osx that bad? i got dat shit for free and i want to make use of it
>>
>>55397575
I rubbed it lightly with my finger and it went away
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.