[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fat/ - Fatty General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 272
Thread images: 33

File: Monster-logo.jpg (173KB, 2386x1331px) Image search: [Google]
Monster-logo.jpg
173KB, 2386x1331px
Did you drink you 15 calorie monster today, /fat/?

Last thread over 300 pounds >>40612908 (Cross-thread)

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of /fit/ who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

>Calculate your weight loss plan
http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Calculate your BF%
http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>>
File: 1488994524057.jpg (121KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1488994524057.jpg
121KB, 500x446px
>>40631848
this is now /SIP/ thread
>>
>Tfw have to go buy Monster now
Fuck, i want one so bad now
>>
Orange flavour. What's the general opinion on it?
>>
>>40631960
The tea one? Didnt like it as much.

I love the green one
>>
>>40631960
Tastes like oranges.
>>
File: 1488995734196.png (529KB, 856x499px) Image search: [Google]
1488995734196.png
529KB, 856x499px
At what bf does love handles go away?
>6'5'' tall
>215lbs
>>
File: C6QPB2yUsAAcbq5.jpg (228KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C6QPB2yUsAAcbq5.jpg
228KB, 675x1200px
>>40632069
Daily reminder triangle body is disgusting, a quality man is more stocky and boxy, not a disgusting triangle like the fags in the macho autist movies some brain dead morons idolize

This is way better if he loses a little weight.
>>
>>40632107
>a fat black faggot
why
>>
>>40632136
Oh did i trigger you racist /pol/tard with a superior male?

One that has a brain and hasnt been brainwashed by movies and tv to worship some disgustingly ugly triangular huge shoulder body.

Pic related's body is perfect if he loses some weight, no fucking triangles, nice stocky cuddly build :3

Now go cry on your racist autism board.
>>
>>40632224
Is the mcdonalds calorie chart accurate?
>>
>>40632192

But why is he wearing boots?
>>
>>40632248
you mean what they post? yes they legally have to be accurate.
Although if you are planning on fast food i recommend a couple of wendy's grilled chicken wrap. you get more protein and less fat
>>
>>40632303
No wendy's here sadly, i usually get a burger and 20 nuggets and maybe fries for a full day meal, mostly some salad in the evening.
>>
>>40632303
I thought I read somewhere they can have up to 20% inaccuracy but I might have made that up in my head.
>>
File: 14890064268851668387307.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
14890064268851668387307.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>not drinking the superior sip

265lb at 6'3 here

Rana 5 miles then did the Marine corps short card workout wearing a plate carrier and helmet. Ate a subway and drank my first sip of the day, getting ready to do back day and some heavy ass deadlifts
>>
>>40631255
>I can't seem to find any studies on true calories gained from vegetables.

The fuck are you talking about. There's accurate nutritional data available for all sorts of things.

>people say eat as many as you want but I dunno.
Who the fuck says this? Vegetables contain calories. If you're eating a ton of course you count them.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Weighing them raw and looking up the info for that is best.
>>
Hey guys your daily /sip/ ambassador here lol xD. Reminding you to drink your daily sips and get gains hehe
>>
What is this shit /sip meme?
I drink half the thing on every meal.
DRINK, sip just makes you want more, it isnt satisfying.
>>
>>40632512
you are delusional if you think 500 kcals of celery is the same as 500 kcals of coke.
body breaks it down differently than pop. Not all calories are equal.
>>
>>40632660
Calories are calories faggot
>>
>>40632660
If you're talking about total energy determined by calorimetry versus actual metabolizable energy, then, yeah, foods vary in this respect. But you're not going to be getting different amounts of energy on different occasions of eating the same food. Eat the same foods and count the calories and observe your weight. You don't need to know the amount of metabolizable energy you're getting, if your foods don't vary much from day to day, because the total energy is linearly related to metabolizable energy. Observing your weight being maintained means that your current foods contain an amount of metabolizable energy equal to your TDEE while you still don't know what that number is exactly except that it's something less than the total energy you counted based on nutrition data.
>>
>>40632879
less calories is all that matters, they only reason i am not drinking coke is because of high sugar/calories
>>
SIP SIP

SIPADELPHIA

SIP SIP

SIPADELPHIA
>>
I'm 335ibs down from 570 and I've started reading more about macronutrients

so then, using goal weight macros for protein(200ibs), I apparently need 250 grams of protein every day.

where do I even begin to get that amount of protein into my diet? I currently eat 50 grams of oats and at best 250 grams of meat every day, there's other shit like coffee with 50ml of unsweetened condensed milk once or twice a day but that's barely 140 calories
maybe I'm stressing over nothing but I'm still not sure how to work this out
>>
Grilled tuna steak and broccoli for dinner after a 2.1 mile walk. How'd I do family?
>>
File: OPN-02191-3.jpg (265KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
OPN-02191-3.jpg
265KB, 1600x1600px
What you guys think about L-carnitine.
I think to cheat whit it in workouts to lose weight faster. Didn't see studies that says have bad said effects.
>>
>regular /fat/ threads
Great dialogue and motivation for people to continue their weight loss journey, also some of the fastest threads on /fit/

>poorly disguised marketing threads
Shitoosting about energy drinks.

Fuck this shit. See you all next thread
>>
>>40634202
Like almost everything in the vast pile of different supplements in existence, it's useless. Unless some very specific circumstance applies to you it's a waste of money.

https://examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/
>Despite its high prevalence and dependency for beta-oxidation, dietary and supplemental L-carnitine does not seem to positively influence fat metabolism unless the subject is in an otherwise deficient state.
>>
>>40634342
I use it because it prevents insulin spikes so during intermitten fasting I don't fall asleep if I eat a meal with carbs. Also it gives u energy all day. It's in every energy drink
>>
>eat at deficit of 1000cal per day for 6 days of the week, eat at my maintenance or slightly over it on the other day
>haven't lost any weight even though it's been a month
This doesn't make any sense. I've been pretty meticulous when it comes to counting calories and I make sure that most of my intake is protein. Is it just a meme that grills take longer to lose weight?
>>
File: image.png (98KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
98KB, 750x1334px
This is a pretty typical day for me but people in the last thread were telling me that I'm not eating enough. The thing is I don't feel hungry or like I need to eat more. I just had my dinner in pic related and feel stuffed. Any tips?
>>
Bump to get the thread back on track
>>
File: idk.jpg (5KB, 191x247px) Image search: [Google]
idk.jpg
5KB, 191x247px
235lbs Fatty here

is it too soon for me to start using a BO-flex machine if i have one readily available?

should i lose more weight first or just start going hard?
>>
>down 32 lbs since January
I guess the eternal bulk is finally over. I'm gonna make it brehs
>>
meh, i was trying out keto but realized i just love brown rice too fucking much, couldn't have my grilled chicken and broccoli without some good o'l rice, was on day 3 which is supposed to be the day where you enter ketosis after not eating carbs.

Keto is a meme right? other than the whole hunger reduction thing you don't like, lose any extra pounds right?

I'll have some oats for dinner for a total of around 1k cals, lil bummed out because of the keto thing but good day overall
>>
>>40634795
you are not getting enough macros, not even close. Also i refuse to believe that a fatty can't eat more, there is no need to force yourself to eat almost nothing.
>>
>>40634795
800 is the bare minimum for me, and when i only eat 800 calories they're mostly protein so i still eat a good portion of food (pound of chicken breast and some broccoli) as opposed to those crumbs you ate
>>
>>40635115
You're not so fat that your range of motion is severely reduced. You can probably do the all the normal movements like anyone else so, yes, start training already.
>>
So, what is this macro nutrition stuff?

Use small words, I'm a retard.
>>
File: 1473049297468.jpg (834KB, 1192x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1473049297468.jpg
834KB, 1192x1800px
275 lbs

ate 1750 calories today, yesterday 1650, day prior like 1500.

I'm on my feet 8-10 hours a day and walk 1-2 miles intermittently at work. anybody want to make an informed idea of how many calories i need to break even everyday so i know roughly how many i'm actually cutting?
>>
looked down at my stomach and it looks fat as fuck. looking at it through the mirror always made me think it was not that big.

had two small meals today. scoop protein in the morning. rueben for lunch. 2 pieces of chicken breast for dinner.

tomorrow I am going to probably have chicken breast, black beans, and some vegetable.
>>
>>40635256
give interments fasting a try. I've done IF and keto both for extended periods of time and much prefer IF. Both help curve appetite, but IF has more freedom for carbs/junk

Plus fasting has bunch of health benefits compared to keto where info seems to be a toss up.
>>
myfitnesspal is giving me a goal of 2300 for sodium, and i'm barely hitting 200. how can i get it up? do i even need to get it up?
>>
>>40635443
it's very little, i walk 4 km (2 and a half miles)every day to work, around 15 mins per km so it's a moderate pace, and according to MFP i burn around 190 extra calories doing that.
>>
>>40635521
i'm also only getting about 1/3rd of my sugar
>>
>>40635522

i should have stated that differently, what i want to know is roughly how many calories a day am i burning by existing and the couple miles of walking.
>>
>>40634031
it's 1g protein/1lb of lean body weight. Depending on your height, you should never need more than 150g of protein. 100g if you are a manlet.
>>
File: ff4.png (40KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
ff4.png
40KB, 633x758px
>5'7"
>lost 11 lbs (187 to 176) in 2 weeks
>weigh myself today
>lost another 4 lbs over the past 2 days

What the fuck, why is my progress this quick?

Will it slow down?

When?
>>
>>40635519
I've actually been doing IF for like 6 months and it changed my life, it's like dieting got 50% easier when i started doing it, currently doing a 20/4 cycle

And yeah i'll ditch keto i guess, i feel like i have more control if i allow myself complex carbs than denying them even with the appetite loss of keto
>>
>>40635553
It'll slow down. A lot of the weight you've lost so far has been your body adjusting and dropping water and waste weight.
>>
>>40635553
how many calories are you eating every day? are you lifting and hitting your brotein goal everyday? are you doing the starvation mode diet? you may be losing muscle along with fat, remember that muscle is heavier than fat.
>>
>>40635611
i'm eating 1k cals a day with plenty of protein, probably 100g a day I'd say

I lift or run like every other day, I've become stronger if anything
>>
>1lb in 10 days
1 (ONE) pound
in 240 hours
what the FUCK

I counted calories
here they are

26/02: 850
27/02:900
28/02:950
01/03:950
02/03:1000
03/03:1100
04/03:1600
05/03:700
06/03:850
07/03:900
08/03:850

that's 10650 calories consumed
my bmr is 2100, 10 days is 21000
total deficit is 10,350 calories
that does NOT equal one measily fucking pound
>>
>>40635541
use a tdee calculator, then add the calories burnt with exercise, but don't make the mistake of being like "welp i burnt 200 calories, guess i'll have a packet of oreos now" that's a starbucks whale habit right there

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
>>
>>40635282
But there's also no need to force myself to eat more if my body isn't asking for it, right? I only get a little hungry just before bed but there's no point in eating before sleeping, that's a habit I shook a long time ago
>>
>>40635687

thanks.

BMR - 2425
calories needed to maintain my 275lbs - 3335

i *should* be losing around 2 lbs/week in theory, though i'm worried considering the guy above that's only lost one pound.

if anything my gut is smaller due to not being chock full of food which is satisfying as fuck. my clothes fit better than they did a week ago.
>>
>>40634031
>335 down from 570

That's really great progress, but I have to be a dick and ask. How the fuck do you get to 570 in the first place. It literally makes 0 sense to me how people get that big. 570 is probably 200lbs heavier than the heaviest person I've ever seen IRL.
>>
>>40635717
undereating should be tackled the same way as overeating. if you're eating too much, you force yourself to eat less. if you're eating too little, you force yourself to eat more. there's obviously more subtlety to it than this, but that's the idea. 400 kcal a day isn't sustainable.
>>
>>40635717
this bitch thinks she eats enough too

Ultimately we fatfucks are trying to get healthier, and 400 calories a day is anything but healthy, try to up them to 800 at least, and at least 65% protein
>>
>>40635643
it's just water or something man. even if all those calories you ate were Ice Cream you would still have lost weight. Keep it up.
>>
>>40635763

yeah for real, i ate and drank liquor like a hog for 15 years and never went above 280. he must have been a sugar fiend.
>>
>>40635784
the previous 10 days I lost 7lbs, give or take
so 8 over 20 days, is that good or not?
>>
>>40633840
Ayyyye shout out from Philadelphia!
>>
>>40635794
that's plenty good man, 1lb a week is a solid amount of fat loss. Don't sweat it
>>
>>40635923
i know, I should be glad it's at least going down
but I was losing so much so quickly when I started, now progress has slowed to a crawl
it's tough on the old esteem
>>
>>40635957
take pictures or constantly look in the mirror for little changes. it helps me out man
>>
File: IMG_20170308_190602816.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170308_190602816.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
I ate the inner fillet, someone else ate the drumstick. Tasty!
>>
>>40636400

i'm just gonna eat an entire walmart lemon pepper rotisserie chicken and nothing else for a day and report back.

if you catch them cold they're only $2.50 instead of $5, take it home and steam it for half an hour and it's almost as good as fresh.
>>
>>40635772
I realize it's not sustainable and I don't eat that little every day, but forcing myself to eat if I don't feel like I have to seems counter productive to weight loss, no? I'm a noob at this stuff obviously so correct me where I'm wrong
>>
>>40636698
enjoy your sodium
>>
Finally hit sub-30% bf after being low 40s for 5 years. We're all gonna make it some day.
>tfw cutting out soda was a dozen times harder than cutting alcohol or cigarettes
>>
>On keto for the last 13 lbs I need to lose
>Get a super bad cold
>Need something to relieve cough and throat pain
>"sugar free ricola should be fine, right?"
>yeah sure whatever
>been popping them like tic-tacs
>finally check them out online
>4 carbs per lozenge
>literally slurped down half a bag

AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
Sup fat friends. Going to my favorite Mexican place tomorrow and will likely have my first cheat day in my first 2-3 weeks of dieting. Probably gonna have wings (Mexican place with awesome wings, don't ask) and maybe a naked burrito or waffle fries. Gonna feel guilty as fuck afterwards, but I'm gonna get a two mile walk in beforehand though.
>>
I've been making progress (diet+gym) but is there something I can sostitute chicken/turkey with? Maybe only once or twice a week, I'm getting sick of eating that every day and I want to remain focused.
>>
>>40631848
>Be me
>180lbs
>Feel fat as fuck
>Squat 3pl8 for 5
>Only work out in a hoodie in the middle of summer
>Life is good
>>
>>40638567
anything from the sea, tuna and tilapia are probably your cheapest choices, if you've got cash to spend then you can go for some salmon or shrimps (shrimp macros are god tier but expensive as fuck)

As a poorfag i buy tuna most of the time, but i don't like it by itself, or even in pattie form, i like to make a mush with it, i'd normally boil some broccoli, some eggs (just the whites) and mix them all together with a tbsp of low fat mayo, bretty gud
>>
>>40631848
No i don't drink monster because i don't put dumb shit in my body like energy drinks.

I get my energy from exercising and eating well.
>>
I've been doing really good today.
Had a protein shake for breakfast after my workout, salad for lunch, and baked chicken with sweet potatoes and quinoa. Went 1 gram over on my sugar counts but i'm not going to cry over one gram, just going to be more conscious tomorrow.
>>
So I have done 4 or so different TDEE calculators and they all tell me I'm supposed to be eating between 3400-3600 calories a day to maintain my weight. I've been currently cutting at 2400 or so calories a day and I'm losing weight, but I'm worried I'm not maximizing how fast I can be losing fat without impacting my muscle mass. Do any of you think that an 1800 kcal diet would kill any muscle gains I've made or should I go for it?
>>
almost 100lbs lighter, started at 350 on november 2015, last weight in was 10 days ago at 261, i've been lifting for the last 6 months, am i light enough to do some jogging? there's a pretty nice clear where i could run, the grass should also be easier on my joints
>>
>>40638660
Allright I'll add in some tuna. I tried once some cheap salmon but it destroyed my stomach and I don't feel like paying too much for it.
Another thing, I've been getting by fibers from salad what are some frozen veggies I can use? Broccoli and then what? I'm on low carb but not keto.
>>
>>40638810
tuna goes with everything really, i use broccoli because i'm on keto, but try some sweetcorn, diced carrots (finely chopped), peas, and maybe even some boiled potato (also finely chopped)

Oh also, avocado and tuna is a good combination that i rarely see mentioned here

Always use low fat mayo to blend everything together
>>
>>40635548
I'm 6.2. I've been on a body comp machine at some point and was measured at 230ibs muscle, bone and skin, water and flab not accounted for. even then, unrealistic numbers for sure.
150ish makes more sense. that's a more realistic number to aim for

>>40635763
the worst sort of snowballing, one thing led to another. dysfunctional family, fuck all self worth, total apathy. just gave up after a while. found solace in food and fps games.

for the most part I didn't think about how what I ate affected me. after a 1month binge of beer and the europoor equivalent of slim jims it got to the point where I could barely wipe my ass and that's when I decided I'd had enough
>>
>>40634031
>570
how did you end up there????

but jesus christ you almost lost half your weight, good going m8
>>
/fat/ why you go fat in first place?
I did got fat, when I was 10-14 years old I spend my summer whit my grandma on the mountain. We are slavs so that mean the diet was bread, high fat meals.So yeah "you have to eat more Anon to get big and strong" made me the fat slob I am.
>>
>>40635521
>myfitnesspal is giving me a goal of 2300 for sodium, and i'm barely hitting 200. how can i get it up? do i even need to get it up?

Sodium is one of the essential micronutrients that you need to stay alive. 500mg seems to the recommended minimum daily intake. Adding salt to food is the most obvious way to get more sodium.
>>
>>40635643
Are you measuring your weight just once a week? That has a good chance of giving you misleading results. Measure daily right after waking up and average over a week. Also, don't presume to know your BMR accurately.
>>
>>40639790
thanks - i actually checked and several things i was logging didn't have the sodium accurately listed. it's much better with that corrected, but i do need more.
>>
Hi /fatgen/, 1 month obese newb here, I'm 180cm tall, basically my weight has been going from 105 to 110kg every time I weight myself, sometimes even when I enter the gym, i weight myself, it would be 107kg, then after a workout, it would show 110kg+

I'm not counting calories yet, but I'm almost starving myself, so i don't know what to do, please help.
>>
File: 1487849585129.jpg (85KB, 430x536px) Image search: [Google]
1487849585129.jpg
85KB, 430x536px
>>40638945
see
>>40638937
it takes time. and dedication, or lack thereof. depends on how you want to spin it.
>>
>>40639907
You're not starving yourself, stop being a baby. Once you count calories you'll realize how much you've been eating, otherwise you would have been down to at least 100 after a month of "starving"
>>
>>40639886
That sounds about right. Actually getting too little sodium is pretty rare as everything contains at least a little bit of it.
>>
>>40639907
count your calories.
>>
>>40639401

Parents. Specifically my mother, as my dad was the one who noticed the problem. As soon as I understood what I was eating I just refused to eat anything with them. They fed me unhealthy shit all the time, ridiculous portions, sweets, never once spoke to me about nutrition.

In a way, I hate my mother for putting me through it at such a young age. My confidence is shot, I spent my formative years as a fat person and even though I look okay now, I still feel like a fatty.

It fucked my life up and every time she talks about how proud she is of me for my career, how I keep fit, like she laid the foundations or something, it makes me furious. It was all my doing and if I'd not realised, I'd still be disgusting.

Nobody knows about this, not even my partner. I feel ashamed.
>>
>>40634787
A 1000cal deficit sends some people's bodies into survival mode, causing them to store fat instead of burn it.
Just eat at a 250cal deficit and do Hiit at least 3x a week. The pounds will melt off.
>>
>>40639907
Weight varies from day to day and hour to hour. There's no point comparing weight measurements made in different circumstances. Measure every day right after waking up and taking a piss. Even still there will be random fluctuations between days. An average of a week's measurements is more accurate than a single measurement. So ignore the daily differences and only concern yourself with the weekly averages.

And start counting calories. Only by observing your weight can you know whether you're eating less than you spend. And only by counting your calories will you know how much that actually is. And when you know that number you'll be able to repeat it.
>>
>>40640395

Is this true though? I mean, how little can your calorific requirements drop to if you're overweight and starvation mode kicks in?
>>
>>40640527
250 is way too low and starvation mode is mostly a meme, especially if you're overweight.
1000cal deficits are fine at higher weights, just make sure you get exercise and don't include that exercise in your daily calorie allowance like one retard in this thread has done
>>
What exercise is good for while you're cutting to lose weight and gettinf down the bf% and weight where you want to start bulking? Everything I read/hear about is for skinny fags just looking to bulk up. For reference I'm 5'10 200lbs M
>>
>Eternal cut from 310lbs to 200lbs
>still 30lbs to go

>pulled 315lb x 8 for diddlys today

Feels really good man. Like I lifted my previous fat self off the floor 8 times.
>>
>>40641440
good job, keep it up!
>>
>tfw ate like 3 pizza bacon slices and a medium sized tuna salad that had mayo

i am around 2200 right? D:
>>
DNP
N
P
>>
>>40641584
A pizza slice is around 300, so 900 from that.

Tuna if smoked is 500 but oil is thrown out, mayo is around 250, lettuce isnt a big deal, so depends on how much, a medium sized bowl is probably around 800 to be safe.

so 1700, nowhere near 2200
>>
>>40635430
Food is made of stuff
There is 3 kinds of stuff
Carbs, fat and protein
These three kinds of stuff are made of calories and your body needs different amounts of each kind of stuff
>>
>>40641980
So, it's just some text book keyword thing. Ok thanks.

Google was a little to complex about at.
>>
Guy i need to watch a movie tonight, what do i eat, only have like 400 calories left
>>
File: 1355129537841.jpg (64KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1355129537841.jpg
64KB, 633x758px
>First cheat day since I started cutting 4 months ago
>Going to a buffet with family for my brother's birthday
>The all-you-can-eat dessert bar
Never gonna make it brahs
>>
File: .3.png (143KB, 376x332px) Image search: [Google]
.3.png
143KB, 376x332px
>>40634795
you will go auschiwtz mode and your body will burn even less calories , dont starve faggot
>>
>>40642390
I know that feeling, anon. I ate myself sick last night binging on two batches of oatmeal apple cookies. Woke up with a rash on my face and shame deep in my heart.
>>
>>40631960
Tastes just like Sunkist, I think it's good
>>
>>40634165
Better than me for the day
We're all gonna make it
>>
>>40641980
How much of the carbs do you need? I've been focusing on eating protein, fruits, and vegetables because pasta and whole wheat stuff has a lot of calories in it
>>
File: 1481055990784.jpg (666KB, 1680x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1481055990784.jpg
666KB, 1680x1077px
My diet
Breakfast: plain oats
Lunch: chicken breast and veggies
Dinner: sometimes nothing sometimes left over chicken breast.
Weekends I cheat and eat whatever I want.
I went from 180 to 160 less than a month but I haven lost any weight since. I'm trying to get to 150 do you guys think I should whittle the cheat to just one day or start lifting?
>>
>>40643242
Fruits and veggies have carbs, go on iifym to get exact ammounts for your weight, height etc. You really dont "need" carbs tho.
>>
>>40632069
I'm 6'4" 175 lbs down from 300 and I still got some love handles. Seems to be the last stronghold of fat but I'll flush the fat out, hopefully before I enter full spooky skelly mode.
>>
>>40631848
Just came here to say we'll all make it, as long as we never give up or give in.
>>
>>40643357
NEVER cheat the entire weekend

Also probably shouldn't cheat with whatever

I have a cheat day once a week, but usually only eat tdee
>>
>>40634165

If you're not too overweight, I'd work on getting that 2 mile walk into a 2 mile run. Not as hard as it seems.
>>
>>40643357
>Cutting to 150
London?
>>
>>40643576

Can someone explain this "London" joke? I don't get it.
>>
I still have 600 calories to eat today but I feel full as fuck. What do I do?

I also do IF and my window to eat is gone
>>
Has anyone here tried home workout programs like P90X or Insanity for weight loss? I'm down 50+ lbs but I'm wondering if there is a weight I should be at before even trying? Also, is it effective, and what kind of equipment would I need?
>>
File: sigpic276441_26.jpg (15KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
sigpic276441_26.jpg
15KB, 500x282px
Started at 268 now down to 254 pounds eating at a 1800 calorie deficit I'm 5 feet 10 inches weight loss has slowed down all I have been doin is weight training should I be doing more cardio?

I walk a lot during the day I go to university but wondering if I need to do more.

And I've only been able to get in the gym 3 times a week.
>>
>>40643653

Regardless of weight loss goals, cardio is good for your cardiovascular health. Get that heart rate up, anon.
>>
>>40643703
True I was just wondering if it had a significant impact on weight loss thanks for the reply anon!
>>
>>40643621
On my phone and it's a long story, but people say it to girls now to ask where they are.
I'm wonderingg if your goal weight is that low, are you a grill?
>>
>>40643576
I'm a 5'8 dude 150 was my weight before I got married.
>>
>>40635643
It was only about a week, at that rate you should be losing 3.5 lbs a week and assuming you just started that could be anything from water weight to undigested food or a shit you havent taken
>>
>>40637340
ITS ALLLLLLL OVEEEEEEEER
>>
>>40643747

Thank you for explaining.
>>
>>40634202
Black coffee FTW
>>
File: 71rrcWFIZqL.png (183KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
71rrcWFIZqL.png
183KB, 1024x1024px
i just ordered this machine

how did i do?
>>
Im at 187, trying to cut 17 pounds before Easter. Help me bros
>>
>>40644382
>>40644382
apple cider vinegar
>>
>>40643647
If you're cutting you don't NEED to hit those calories.
>>
Would it be OK to be at a higher than 500 cal deficit?

Things I would need to be concerned of if I tried it?
>>
>>40631848
I'm surprised /fit/ has let these threads live, but it's neat enough. Seems like the sticky has the topic itself covered, though.

Who /nofriendsorlifeandalsoclinicallydepressed/ here? Boredom eating has always been my crux. I'm counting calories now, but I still have to keep myself in check all the time to make sure I don't go eat because there's nothing to do.
>>
>>40644790
it's fine, just make sure you have decent protein/fat/carb macros, get your vitamins and drink lots of water.
>>
>>40644790
Never eat below 1500 calories if you're male. So you can do a 1000 cal deficit if your TDEE is 2500.
Take a multi.
Lots of veggies.
Highly advise spacing out your meals.
Lots of water.
Expect to possibly be very tired depending on your diet.

If you're extremely fat I highly advise against this. You'll end up binge eating.

I'm 5'11 220lbs eating at 1600 calories, but I don't do it every single day. Weekends I usually go to 1800-1900 or if I'm feeling fat, maintenance. Lost 88lbs so far doing this.
>>
>>40644831
what would be an example of decent macros? do they depend on weight/height?
>>
>>40644879
>Never eat below 1500 calories if you're male.

Source for why this is good advice?
>>
>>40644916
Depends what you're aiming for.
I'd keep it simple and do 30/30/40, 40 being protein.
If you're super fat do lower carb so you don't spike your insulin.
>>
>>40644879
If you are going to eat a large calorie deficit, don't space out your meals, eat 1-2 times a day. If you are eating 300 calorie meals, you are going to be fucking starving all day long.

Better off doing IF and being in a fasted state. Burn fat more efficiently as well helps curve appetite when doing such a large deficit.
>>
>>40644933
Typically if you're a grown male of average height, you simply wont get all the macro and micro nutrients you need to have a healthy diet with below 1500 calories.

It isn't impossible if you're extremely on point with your diet, or you're really short. 1500 is simply the average.
1200 is often referenced as the absolute lowest before you can get serious negative side effects. One of the biggest is losing muscle mass as opposed to just fat, and you'll end up looking like a disgusting freak even if you lose the weight.

It took time for you to become a fat fuck. You should take the time to become a healthy not-fat fuck instead of trying shortcuts, which may leave you unhealthier than before. This is EXTREMELY important if you're really really fat. When going to such low calories people tend to do IF, and when doing IF you usually have 1-2 big meals. This will absolutely spike your insulin and may lead to diabetes, which you're probably borderline already due to being fat.

Whats your height/weight?

>>40644986
>If you are going to eat a large calorie deficit, don't space out your meals, eat 1-2 times a day.
See directly above. This is terrible to do if you're fat, which I assume the anon asking the original question is.
If you're just overweight or skinnyfat this information doesn't help as much.
>>
>>40644831
>>40644879
>>40644986

Ok, Guess I need to re-crunch my numbers. and see what stats are what again.

>>40644986
Kinda think of going If, need to look in to more.

Thanks all anons.
>>
>>40645028
What are your stats?
>>
>>40645012
There is physically no bad side effects from a low calorie diet if you're getting what your body needs. And you can get it with less than 1200 calories.

Heck, liver is very nutritious and doesn't have much calories.
>>
>>40645012

None of what you wrote is a link to a peer-reviewed scientific study, though. I'm supposed to trust some random anonymous poster on 4chan? I have friends who watch Alex Jones but even they're not that gullible.
>>
>>40645028
Try IF for a week regardless if doing a large deficit or not. Shit is a god damn life changer. Helps with appetite, easier to fit in junk food into diet, bunch of health benefits, burn fat like a fucking beast. I was so lean on IF last year, stupidly went off it..

I'm sticking to IF once done my cut.

Good video on fasting if interested.
https://youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE
>>
>>40645067
why are you even here then? go research for yourself.
>>
>>40645041
270 lb
5'9

TDEE 2904
BMR 2420

Anything else you need and/or want?
>>
>>40645096

I googled and nobody seems to have a good answer or evidence to back their claims. Face it: your advice is baseless pseudoscience.
>>
>just finished a 20k run
>still only eaten 800kcals today
>need to eat 700kcal of cheese to get to the line
o-okay, I suppose this can work
>>
>>40645050
>liver
>good
maybe once a week at most
>And you can get it with less than 1200 calories.
How do yo do this without supplements? You'll lose a ton of muscle mass regardless to what you do.

>>40645101
Have you been dieting or lost any weight yet? You could safely cruise at 2000 calories a day and you'd never risk binge eating. You'd lose 1-2lbs a week easily especially if you're exercising. It'd be safe and you wont look like a complete freak when you've lost the weight.
I hope you're lifting.
>>
>>40645180
>Have you been dieting or lost any weight yet?
No, yesterday, started thinking i need to start actually trying to loss weight. So This is my first steps sort of speak.
>>
>>40645126
i haven't given anyone any advice. i assume advice here is based on personal experience and stories from other anons - if you want scientific information, there's bound to be better places for it.
>>
>>40645180
everything you are saying is total mom science.

Body burns fat for energy first and foremost, hardly taps into your muscles. Make sure you do high protein while cutting and you should lose very little to any muscle mass regardless at a high deficit.

Increase risk of binging is the only fear really, but that is more willpower and is imo based on each individuals personality. If you know you can resist the urge and live off black coffee/tea, water. Go for it
>>
>>40645216
Then definitely don't go below 1500. You will fuck up and binge. You also have literally no reason to go that low.

Do you have a goal weight? Healthy weight for your size is like 150lbs or something. You'd look good at 160-170 with muscle, and your TDEE at that weight will still be more than what you're cutting at (2000 calories).

2000 is literally perfect for you if you count calories on point, lift, and don't cheat/lie to yourself.
>>
>>40645180
>lose a ton of muscle mass

No, why would you?
Body converts fat to energy first then start using muscle as last resort.
You lose muscle mass if you're in extreme starvation, which causes atrophy.

Look, 1 fucking kiwi has all your daily needs for vitamin C with only 42 calories. 100g of liver has DAYS worth of vitamin A and Bs with only 130 calories, has a fuck ton of copper and good amount of phosphorus.

You can get what your body needs if you're smart and eat smart.
>>
>>40635763
Mental illness paired with trauma issues help enable this sort of shit. I've only started /fit/ at age 30 due to living my 20s as an alcoholic, filled with depression and anxiety the gym was a scarier thought than living an eternity in josef fritzels love dungeon.
>>
>>40645264
Yes buddy, eat 1200 calories a day. Surely you will gain nothing but muscle and wont lose any gains. That's why lifts go down when lifters eat at a deficit, right?
>>
>>40645295
Not him, but I'm eating, at most, 1000 calories per day with all my daily needs.
Gaining muscle and losing weight.
>>
>>40645295
I never said you will fucking gain muscle, this is a cut after all.

At a large deficit with high protein, your lifts will go down 5% if that
>>
>>40645324
Post an example of your weekly diet with your current height/weight friendo.
>>
>>40645333
So what you're saying is you'll lose muscle mass?
Whats a large deficit in your opinion?
>>
>>40645266
Target is 220. 2000 is seems like what I should aim for.

>>40645264
>live off black coffee/tea
I totally would do that is I could!

The counting and marcos are what is going to kill me, I don't have a kitchen scale.
>>
>>40645339
>>40645357
Here is an example of a guy that averaged a bit under 1000kcals under his TDEE daily for a month, lost a lot of fat and made some muscle gains (and lost a smidge)

https://www.reddit.com/r/leangains/comments/356gyl/results_with_pics_of_my_accelerated_lean_gains_cut/

Imo, a large defecit is over 1000kcals, in which case you risk losing a very small amount of muscle mass. But even then, it is still a very small amount of muscle and can be easily regained eating back at maintenance.

People are way too fucking worried about losing muscle mass while cutting, not how shit works unless you are severely starving yourself.
>>
>>40645398
>1000kcals under his TDEE daily for a month
This is still 1500+ calories for almost everyone in this thread and anyone who actually works out.
>Imo, a large defecit is over 1000kcals
Unless you are an uber manlet or skeleton 1000cal defecit rarely goes below 1500.

At 5'9 150lbs, a very healthy weight, your TDEE is still 2000 calories. There isn't much reason to cut weight at that point.

Also the guy you linked was going to 7% body fat, which is EXTREME and has almost no value in a thread full of fat fucks. You're posting absolute extremes which should not be advised for people trying to lose some fucking weight for the first time.
>>
File: 1463795562443.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1463795562443.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
Been on a diet for two weeks

Last night broke down, bought a pizza, bottle of coke, and drank 9 beers

How do I recover?
>>
>>40645446
>7% body fat
Pro body builders go for 8%, 7% from my limited knowledge is dangerously low.
>>
>>40645339
I'm 1,65m, was 110kg, now I'm at 80kg, still plenty of kg to lose.
I eat liver once a week, kiwi daily, milk, alfalfa, spinach, meat in general, vegetables in general, fruits, etc, etc.

And guess what? Not even once I felt "hungry" or wanted to eat shit.

I exercise daily as well.
>>
>>40645446
All I am arguing is that cutting at 1200 kcals isn't going just burn all your muscle mass.

Not saying it is the best option, everyone is different and they can try it. Worst case scenario, they binge eat and realize maybe it's not right for them and up their kcals and carry on.
>>
>>40645487
Exactly, and isn't something some 270lb man is going to be thinking about right now or possibly ever.

>>40645500
Of course it wont, but you'll certainly lose some. I stated earlier 1200 is the absolute lowest you'd want to go before getting serious negative side effects, especially from prolonged periods. 1500 is a safe bet for starters.
For a beginner fatty 1200 is simply too low and should never be advised. That's just fucking stupid, not even taking in to account the binge eating (which WILL fucking happen, they got fat for a reason). Even for someone who has been losing weight for a few months, if they're still fat there is no reason to cut that low.

No reason at all.
>>
I you like to thank you Anons for the advice and insight. It's all for the betterment of each other and our self's.
>>
>>40645480
You just get back on the horse and keep going. Don't focus on it, focus on doing better.
>>
>>40635643
you might wanna try and eat around 1500c a day. sometimes not eating enough can put you into starvation and make it harder to drop.
>>
>>40645692
>starvation mode

Mom, please.
>>
File: chunko.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
chunko.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>decide to get fit a few years ago
>fat and scared to work out at a gym because people will laugh at me
>have a woods behind my house
>come up with a great idea, I will work out in the woods
>manage to scout some spots
>a nice study tree for some pull-ups
>a nice log I can use to jump up onto and off of for my leg strength
>plenty of logs and rocks around for me to lift
>start my routine
>goes OK, I am struggling but generally it is fun
>always go for a nice long walk around the woods after, which is relaxing
>one day I am on my post workout walk
>feel pumped, lots of energy
>decide to work out again
>start jogging around looking for things to lift
>run into a clearing
>come across a HUGE deer
>suddenly a bang, deer falls to the floor
>turn
>some hunters are there, with a rifles
>I feel pretty nervous, nobody has ever seen me in my workout gear before
>look at the hunters
>look at the dead deer
>shout 'BENCH TIME'
>lay down, pull the deers leg on top of me and start benching it
>the hunters yell something and point their guns at me
>run off scared
>havent worked out since

I was meant to be 400lbs. How the fuck do I beat the fear of judgement?
>>
>>40645789
how do people make this shit up
I wish I was creative.
>>
does your guys stomach look fatter when you look down vs in the mirror?

I was looking down and realized how bad it looks, but then in the mirror it doesn't seem so bad.
>>
>donate 2 pints of blood
>get free cookies and juice and soda.
>old ladies and male nurses block my path until i consume them to keep my blood sugar high
am i gonna make it?
>>
>>40645940

they gave you soda? normally they give out vitamin water, oreos and pretzels when I have gone.
>>
>>40645891
Looking at it on the side in the mirror is a better indicator of how fucking obese you are
>>
Can't wait for the weekend to get my sip on
>>
What's the retard extension that lets me filter out dumb shit again?

If I see 'sip' or 'brap' one more time I'm going to shit.
>>
File: i-know-that-feel.jpg (22KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
i-know-that-feel.jpg
22KB, 600x553px
>be 6ft3 290lbs dyel at worst
>transform to 240lbs with lifts over 1/2/3/4 pl8
>still feel dyel / small
>still feel bad about yourself even after doing great job
>don't want to ask anything / post pic online

Should i just kill myself?
>>
>>40646032
>vanilla 4chan users
Lol is it 2008?
>>
>>40646050
you have body dysmorphia, bro. it's pretty common for ex-fatties

Just put things in perspective and try not to use visuals to critique yourself. Put on an old pair of pants, look at old pictures.
>>
Who /post work out high/ here?
>>
>>40644815
FUCK THE GAY ASS STICKY
>>
>>40632420

this is the shit my prof drinks and I think hes on a keto diet (always eating bags of greens for lunch)

maybe it might not be just a meme
>>
>>40646003
im in the south
>>
>>40645789

>Please meme me

here's your (you)
>>
if you eat let's say 1000 calories one day
Can you eat 3000 the other day? Or is it a daily thing?

How many calories in an entire grilled chicken ? With skin.

I have a good movie to watch coming Saturday and need to eat a lot and good from delivery(Greece) and the healthiest thing that also is tasty is grilled chicken parts, a lot of them.
Chicken fillet is too boring
>>
>>40646467
You eat 1000 then your body will burn fat to get the rest of your BMR
You eat 3000 then anything over your BMR will get stored as fat
>>
>>40646467
I eat an extra 5000 calories a day to makeup for my childhood years when I was probably eating way below my TDEE.
>>
>>40635256
keto works. lost 30 pounds in a couple of months and now i haven't beenl osing shit after putting keto off. it really helped me and i dont even remember how the fuck i had the willpower to not eat carbs
>>
>Started actually working on losing weight in the beginning of this year
>Started at like 338 and am at 308 right now
>Guy at my gym said "If you get any smaller I won't recognize you"
>Shaved my beard and co-workers started calling me handsome
My goal is 230lbs. We're all going to make it.
>>
I'm getting definition everywhere but my stomach it's so big relative to my limbs now. Kill me
>>
Is this accurate for an entire grilled chicken?
>>
File: IMG_0532.jpg (55KB, 1528x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0532.jpg
55KB, 1528x401px
>>40646973
Forgot pic, with skin of course.
>>
>260 lbs
>Stopped eating so much junk food and pop
>exercised here and there
>eat wild meat and homegrown veggies/fruit whenever I can
>160 lbs today
>>
>>40646988
1 rotisserie chicken from costco is 2500 kcals so that looks about right.
>>
File: Still fatfag.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Still fatfag.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>40646050

I had this issue the other day. I know that feel.
6' 300 pounds at my worst
now down to 190..

I was talking to my friend last week and he's telling me.

>"Dude you look amazing now"
>"I still look in the mirror and think I'm obese"
>"It must be difficult looking at yourself after a decade of being obese."
>"Yeah, body dysmorphia feels real"
>>
>>40646805
>i haven't beenl osing shit after putting keto off
yeah because you put carbs back into your diet. you body is going to keep them and store them. keto doesn't work because you have to keep carbs off period. it's illogical long term
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
hey /fat/, have you tried buckwheat?

Not a "superfood" or whatever this word means these days, but a good healthy dirt-cheap grain with nutes. Thrice the calories of rice (big shock) but five times the protein content, and 10% fiber by weight.
>>
>>40647334
yea, it's good with gravy or butter
>>
>>40631848
>Did you drink you 15 calorie monster today, /fat/?
Does anyone actually believe that they're 15 calories?
>>
File: ffs.png (13KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
ffs.png
13KB, 224x225px
>>40647391
that doesn't give it credit, anything is good with gravy or butter. That's why we're /fat/
>>40647400
>>
File: DSC_0052.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0052.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
>>40631848
how long until I can stop going to this thread?
>105kg>91kg
>>
File: 1482028798739.jpg (589KB, 1920x886px) Image search: [Google]
1482028798739.jpg
589KB, 1920x886px
>>40642390
>>40642950
I just think, "what do I want more; my goal summer body, or 30 minutes of primitive satisfaction?"
You might also be lacking a micro if the sweet tooth takes over. I don't get that anymore, been eating almost completely clean for the past 2 months, with the exception of seeing friends that live far away that want to grab a pizza or so.

Another great tip is if you have a crush/parent/someone else who's opinion of you that matter to you always looks at you preparing and eating food, that helped me in the beginning. Imagine them disappointed if you binge and proud if you eat clean.

Best of luck.
>>
>>40646067
that, and dihydrocodeine.
I, for one, also feel pretty good.
>>
>>40647115
You really do look very fit though.
Fitter than me.
I'm >>40648692
>>
File: Drukn Hei.png (242KB, 449x361px) Image search: [Google]
Drukn Hei.png
242KB, 449x361px
What do you guys normally do after a binge. I got high with a few friends today and binged. Any tips on fixing after the fact.
>>
>>40648874
Don't look back, read >>40648778
>>
>>40648831

You're at a lower BF percentage than me currently. I pack a lot of muscle lower body, but still cutting to eventually cut down on chest and stomach area.
>>
>>40644815
used to be a notorious bored eater, i learned to grab a glass of water instead. also helps to ask yourself if you're hungry enough to eat plain celery or something similar, if yes then go grab something to eat, if not then you're probably just bored and trying to fill the time
>>
>>40648778
>what do I want more; my goal summer body, or 30 minutes of primitive satisfaction?
or more succinctly:
nothing tastes as good as lean feels
>>
>>40648874
Accept you did it and move on. Key is not letting a binge day turn into a binge week, month, etc. It is a downward spiral
>>
>>40643508
why the fuck are you so fucking skinny? jesus Christ.
>>
>>40644382
just do fucking cardio and work out and eat healthier. like what the fuck are you asking for? a way to do neither but lose weight?
>>
the first 2 weeks i lost 10lbs and my waist went down 3 inches, now on the third week i lost another 4lbs but my waist remained the same, do i like, have to lose more weight for my waist to go down? (even an inch) i thought you lost fat equally all around your body, that's why i only measured my waist.

What else should i measure?
>>
>>40649080

Your fat head.

In all seriousness your waist will shrink first, then eventually around your glutes and then stomach and chest. This is from what I've seen in a lot of examples.
>>
>>40645480
everyone slips up now and then, what matters is that you don't make it a habit. stay strong, we're all gonna make it
>>
>>40645480
I've lost almost 100lbs, from 360 to 267, and the most important thing is to never stop trying, i 100% guarantee you that you will binge countless of times again, but you gotta keep it going, at the end of the day as long as you're determined you will reach your goal, the hardest part is to never stop trying
>>
>>40649206
hearing someone lose an entire person's worth of weight is inspiring, keep it up anon
>>
For any of you guys that still haven't hopped and are students you should try to start during spring break.You won't be too tired to workout during spring break and you will get into a habit of going to the gym every day that will hopefully carry over after your break ends.
>>
digital scale says im 26%bf
calculator says 15%bf?
should i just assume somewhere inbetween?
>>
>>40649595
post your pic and I'll tell you

Digital scales are very inaccurate from my experience. I remember one read me at 11% and my brother at 16% when it was pretty much the other way around.
>>
5.9 height
102 kg
fat fuck

aiming for 2k calories a day.

Started dumbbell stop gap this Monday. (lift Mon/Wed/Fri)
Running 2 km every Tuesday and Thursday.
Going to start Squash once a week as well.

Sitting here at nearly 6 am enjoying S I P S before doing my work out.

Will I make it?
>>
>>40648943
I wish you the best of luck with keeping your motivation up, buddy.
>>
cutting atm 240lbs used to be over 270 5'11. Finding the cravings ridiculously more intense than when was cutting last year...nice foods i can eat during the day that are low cal to stave off the hunger?
>>
Should I integrate yogurt and/or oats in my diet?
>>
>>40640395
Shut up retard. "Starvation mode" just lowers your BMR a bit, doesn't make you magically get fatter while at deficit. Also, it doesn't happen until you are LITERALLY FUCKING STARVING, not when you're eating 2,500 kcal at a 3,500 TDEE.

Don't give advice on /fit/ anymore.
>>
>>40641111
Literally any beginner strength training routine. Start lifting now while cutting so that you retain as much lean mass as possible. People who lift while cutting will look decent. People who don't lift look like fucking chewed up bubblegum at the end of their cut. Disgusting skinnyfat garbage.

>>40643651
START LIFTING NOW

>>40644346
Might as well written a check to "Benjamin Goldstein Shekelberg" and dropped it off at a bank in Israel.

>>40650611
Greek yogurt, yes. If it has 20+ grams of protein per serving and like 150 or fewer calories. Not the regular yogurt made for fatties.

Oat bran is better than regular oatmeal. Get oat bran. More protein, more fiber, more micronutrients, fewer calories. Literally better in every respect.

>>40649595
Neither actually measured your body fat in any way. Get calipers, bod pod, or dexa. Or just go by the mirror. The actual numbers aren't really useful for anything other than being interesting.
>>
I was at the dentist yesterday and eating hurts. I already skipped 2 meals probably gonna skip the next one too, tried to eat an egg this morning and i managed to take 1 bite before i decided i rather starve to death than trying to chew again.
>>
So /fat/, what's your cardio routine? You wouldn't *not* do cardio, would you?
>>
File: 1392908388326.jpg (54KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1392908388326.jpg
54KB, 450x338px
So generally what are some rules to follow when you start using myfitnesspal? I know that if I buy vegetables I'll be okay since it's not hard to measure how many calories there are in those with a kitchen scale and the app telling you but if you're not doing keto to lose weight how else should you use it? is it just better to all around avoid using olive oil for cooking meats and vegetables? If i took a piece of chicken meat and weighed it can I expect it to all be protein and just do the math with how there's 4 calories in one gram of protein and go from there? with vegetables it's practically the same thing, right?

Just looking to clear some things up since it's my first time getting into this new method of measurement.
>>
>>40651962
you can find the calories for most products on myfitnesspal, including the calories for how these products are commonly prepared. So for example you will find chicken raw, chicken cooked in a pan with oil, chicken boiled etc.
>>
help me I bulked now im trying to cut but 500 calorie deficit is just too low, I am too impatient for this shit. what are your opinions on PSMF?
>>
>>40651962
Use the barcode scanner on whatever you buy. Makes it way easier and it has nearly everything, and the few brands it doesn't have you can just check the pack, find a similar generic product and use that.

Also baking meat is better if you don't want the olive oil calories.
>>
I ate oats for the first time for lunch and holy shit it was the most filling 50g of food I've ever had.
>>
5'11" 178 lbs skinnyfat here. Small arms and everything but I've acquired a gut over the years. What kind of program should I follow? Just started running and some light machine work.
>>
>>40652555
Work out with weights, skinnyfat=auschwitz mode+any body fat. Ezpz mode is lift, hard mode is lose fat, god mode is get good at cardio then push weights
>>
>>40651962
>If i took a piece of chicken meat and weighed it can I expect it to all be protein and just do the math with how there's 4 calories in one gram of protein and go from there?

I'm really confused. This sounds like you think meat is made of only protein.
>>
>>40652295
Oats with a splash of milk, scoop of protein powder, diced banana is my go to. Been eating it for like a year+ and always look forward to it. Can add pinch of cinnamon too
>>
File: garlic-edamame.jpg (943KB, 2246x1497px) Image search: [Google]
garlic-edamame.jpg
943KB, 2246x1497px
>17g of protein
>8g of fiber
All in 155g. Women and trannies are so very lucky. I'd eat edamame every day if I could.
>>
So I've lost 4 kg in slightly less than three weeks following a low-carb diet (and going to the gym), only getting carbs from one apple a day (yes I know it's too much to get keto, I wasn't aiming at that). Now I want to change my diet introducing more good carbs, like oats and so on. Will it backfire or is it a bad idea in general? Of course I count my kcal intake religiously.
>>
Can someone explain what net carbs really are and how to best calculate them?

I see "carbs minus fiber", "carbs minus fiber minus sugar alcohols", "carbs minus fiber minus sugar alcohols plus erythritol" etc...
>>
I have a question , can i lost weight eating nothing but mc donalds ( 1k calories ) every day ?
>>
>>40631848
I've always had low self-esteem, so I never really thought much about self-improvement until now. I hate how I look, (short, fat, tiny hands) and some days I seriously think I was born in the wrong body.
I've had a few people tell me that my gender dysphoria would go away if I lost weight, are they right?
>>
>>40654015
Yes but you'll eat away your muscles.
>>
>>40654052
Get your T checked
>>
>>40654052
A body wont help you if you are a cuck.

Self esteem isnt related to your body.
>>
>>40654058
>caloric deficit = muscle loss

Bro science!
>>
>>40654058
Mcds has decent enough protein actually. I'd be much more concerned about the nutritional value. Eating fast food regularly is linked to bunch of health complications.

Stuff is high in bad fasts, MSG, sodium, etc. Add in the fact it's got almost zero micro nutrients in it.
>>
>>40654228
He said in the scenario he would only eat McDonald, how are going to get enough broteins while only eating 1000kcal worth of food from their menu? Or just point out what I'm getting wrong.
>>
>>40654073
this might be the dumbest thing i have read in these threads yet. congratulations.
>>
>>40654413
lol only cucks tie their self confidence to their outward appearance.

But i guess if you area failure in life anda rent smart enough or respected you ll take what you can get xd
>>
>>40654295
>how are going to get enough broteins while only eating 1000kcal worth of food from their menu?
Order half a dozen of their grilled chicken sandwiches and just eat the chicken.
>>
day 6 for me lads. on an 1800 cut at 266/6ft1.

does anyone agree on what the lowest you can safely go is? i started out at 1500 but went up a few days ago. obviously i don't want to be left with baggy skin forever, but i hear a lot of conflicting stuff here on what's safe.
>>
>week 3
>things are going well
>already at 230 and that was my goal weight for April, I thought I was 250 but I was really 240
>starting to crave cherry coke
>go to order jimmy johns
>look at the selections
>decide to order an unwich turkey tom
>realize right before I order that I'm literally ordering nothing but turkey inside a cone of lettuce

yeah never mind, I guess I'll just eat some chicken or something.
>>
>>40654523
I'm on a cut from 250 and I eat 1000 to 1500 a day no problem. At 266 that amount of baggy skin you have won't be too bad. Loose skin is generally for people who are fucking landwhales.
>>
>>40634202
supplements besides protein and preworkouts and some amino acids are memes, you won't feel or notice any difference, if you want to have real progress, eat a lot of chicken breast and lift heavy and heavier every week, also if you want to lose weight hiit is the ideal
>>
>>40654065
was born with a vagina, does that make a difference
>>
>>40655055
not the other guy, but absolutely losing weight can help improve self esteem. go for it. don't listen to the faggots going on about it not being important.
>>
>>40655055
Honestly, those people are looking right. Gender dysphoria is inseparable to not being comfortable in your own body, which you obviously are. Lose weight, gain some self respect and some mires from others, and you'll feel much better. If you still don't feel comfortable (very unlikely) you're in a better body shape to start taking T anyway, so it's a win-win.
>>
File: ff14.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ff14.png
1MB, 800x800px
NEW THREAD
>>40656214

NEW THREAD
>>40656214

NEW THREAD
>>40656214
>>
>>40653981
Getting more fiber is probably healthy. I don't see why it would "backfire", your calorie intake decides the rate of your fat loss. You will gain weight due to the increased fiber intake though. But that's just because more fiber means more poop in your intestines.
>>
>>40654015
Yes. But it's neither cheap or healthy.
Thread posts: 272
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.